User Reviews for Tazorac

Learn more about Tazorac.

Psoriasis 2 reviews 295 medications

9.3
Acne 9 reviews 537 medications

8.6
Summary of Tazorac reviews 11 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Tazorac

For Acne "I started Tazorac on February 17, 2017. I had bad acne on my cheeks, and tiny bumps on my forehead. 4 weeks into Tazorac yes it did get worse. I didn't want to go to school or even go out with friends and family ! So, I went back to my dermo and he told me to keep my head up and that Tazorac was purging my skin and bringing everything to the surface. Slowly but surely, MY FACE LOOKS AMAZING !! It's May 13, 2017 and I barely have anything on my face and it's as smooth as a baby's bottom. If you're going through the purging stage I know what you are going through but I promise to stick with it and just know that the Tazorac is getting all the gunk out of your skin !! stay positive, drink water, use tazorac !!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "if i could rate this a 0 I would. I have struggled with acne for 5-6 years now. At the end of October I FINALLY went to a dermatologist. She prescribed Tazorac along with Acticlate. However, Tazorac DOES NOTHING. It is a topical treatment meant to be used at night, it is supposed to help clear acne and scarring. I would use it every night after washing my face. It didn't work...AT ALL. I still get acne and I have been using this stuff for 6 months. I highly DO NOT recommend."

juht773321 April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Most amazing medication ever for acne- it feels like it's renewing skin while you sleep and helps to clear up skin immediately-- highly recommend!"

Anonymous 2017 January 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I am 65, becauses of thyroid supplements, I started getting very oily with lots of blackheads on my nose, lips, & chin & a few small pimples. Went to my Derm after an 18 year lapse; she prescribed Tazorac; I really wanted accutane which I had taken in my 40's, really good stuff, but she insisted that I try Tazorac at .1%; I love it. It set my face on fire for about 2 weeks, I used Epionce medical barrier cream to cool it. & help with the sting. My face was very red too. After 2 weeks, the burn lessen and now I can put it on several days in a row without the cream. Been using for 2 mos & my skin is looking fantastic & brighter, I have a few acne scars and they are looking much smaller too. I am getting complements from family members."

sixdogs4me November 2, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "I apply it all over my face after washing and patting dry. I keep it on overnight, don't wash it off, and keep it on until the next night I shower. I do this three days in a row, and then I do this routine every other day for about 2 months. This clears up my dermatitis for 2-3 months, at which point, I start my routine all over. Winter months are a battle with the irritation, peeling, and redness, but that's when I have to be most aggressive with treatment. When my skin gets to the point where its super itchy, raw and red, I use benedryl lotion and it works like a charm. I love this product. My skin looks fantastic. Not only is it really great at clearing up my skin, it's also great at diminishing fine lines."

Olpimple (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was using the 0.10% strength which helped greatly with clogged pores, blackheads, small pustules. However, I also had cystic hormonal acne, which the cream wasn't effective enough for. I took this in conjunction with spironolactone, but eventually had to take accutane. Downside of this drug: sun-sensitivity, skin peeling, redness For the record, it takes weeks to see results, and your acne gets WORSE before it gets better."

AnSF99 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Started this 11 weeks ago. I am so so sad right now. I have been having horrible hair loss the past couple weeks and couldn't figure out why. Just figured out it is the Tazorac! Read up on the side effect of hair loss. It's really bad. My hair was so healthy and nice. I literally have almost bald areas with sparse hairs over my ears and my front hairline. It feels thin everywhere but I can't see it. Stay away from Tazorac."

Nurse77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been using it now for about a month. I have had acne since I was 11 and I'm now 50. Nothing has ever worked, ever! My dermotologist asked me to try first every other day and now I'm using it every day...about the side of a pea and I mix it with my Neutrogena face lotion with SPF sunscreen. I place it on my face and declote'. It has removed so many sun spots! My face looks 5 years younger...and my acne is healing much faster. It use to take a blemish, sometimes months to heal! Now I can see my skin is recuperating faster from blemishes. Even my best friend keeps saying, "you look so good today, what are you doing?" Ha, I finally told her and she has an appt with my dermatologist now. I am still using samples, don't know $$"

Stazzle (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been using Tazorac since March 2012. My Dermatologist put me on Aczone to use in the morning, and Tazorac in the evening. There were some burning and itching in the beginning, but it when away. During my office visits I receive Chemical Peels also. Over a month, I've noticed the dark spots have lightened up and my skin is evened out. Now I'm getting my face back."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2012

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "My dermatologist prescribed my Tazorac 0.05% cream when no other treatment for my acne worked. To this day I still use it and it clears all my breakouts within days and leaves my skin looking even and radiant. I often spot treat with it too, for it can dry my face out sometimes. Lovely product, I highly recommend."

Anonymous April 13, 2012

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "It really helped my skin irritation. Cleared it up in 2-3 weeks. Works great."

mickey (: May 22, 2010

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Amazing for acne , scars, dark spots. I like the gel"

ianL April 2, 2010