User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 36 reviews 71 medications

6.2
Summary of Yaz reviews 397 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Yaz

For Menstrual Disorders "Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience with Yaz. I am 20 years old, and have been suffering from Endometriosis for about 7 years. Yaz was the first medication that was used to treat my condition (for 2 years), and it actually increased my pain. The goal of the medication was to stop getting my periods completely (skipping the white sugar pills) so that I would avoid the painful cramps, and to slow down the growth of the uterine lining growing outside of my uterus. #1: I kept getting my period every month regardless of skipping the sugar pills. #2: I was SO nauseous while taking these pills. #3: The pain was CRAZY. It either did not help the pain whatsoever or made it worse. My advice: NO"

breadcrumb2211 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on yaz about 5 weeks ago.at first I had no side effects.after I started the second set I started bleeding.it has been ongoing for 10 days now and all I wanna do is cry.I have no energy.and it did not help with straightening out my period like the doctor said it would.I stopped taking it and I feel better just gotta figure out y I'm still bleeding.the doctor said I was primenaposal. I seriously doubt birth control can help with that.I'm ready for second opinion.I will never take yaz ever again.plus the pain was 10 times worse."

mommieof3 September 24, 2016

For Birth Control "im using yaz 2 years now and its so effective for me i try many other pills but the side efffects is it takes a bad to my health but when i take yaz my i have no acne ang it lightens my skin. Can i use yaz as a whitening pills? Thanks"

Caye (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

For Acne "I started taking Yaz as my birth control in high school (I'm 25 now) to prevent getting pregnant and as treatment for my moderate acne. It is my holy grail. I used to get consistent breakouts on my forehead and chin, and since using Yaz my acne has completely cleared up. My skin is literally beautiful to the point that my friends will comment how good my skin is. Last year, I decided to give the non-hormonal IUD ParaGard a try because I didn't want the hassle of taking a pill every day. During that time (about 5 months) that I wasn't taking Yaz, my skin broke out terribly. I thought it would calm down after a couple of months once my body had adjusted but it never did. I also started having much more dramatic mood swings during that time."

boudikah September 14, 2016

For Acne "I Changed to Yaz after my other contraceptive (Levlin) made my skin breakout and made me irrationally emotional. My skin cleared up in 1 month! I didn't have cystic acne but I always got big patchy breakouts. My skin is so smooth and I'm a lot less emotional lol. I'm also on a whole bunch of medications for epilepsy so the fact that this pill can level my emotions is pretty fantastic. I haven't experience any muscle pain, acne worsening, or any other of the side effects other people have mentioned. Guess it depends on the person. I've also noticed it has given me more energy which means I can excerise 5 times a week instead of 3 which is also much healthier for me! Definately give Yaz a try!"

Lilly4567 September 11, 2016

For Acne "My reason for taking yaz was my bad cystic acne, which completely stopped in the 1St week!! Wow right..now just waiting for the skin to heal. However, my last week was kinda hell, constipated for more than 4 days and starting to get cramps, worse than before,my mental stability was a bit rough the 1st week. I'm giving it 3 months to see what happens, feeling hopeful as my body is adjusting!"

Bee1712 September 9, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "This pill has made me extremely sick, the nausea it brings me is awful, and had made me lose 10 pounds in just a week from making me sick. It has made me vomit quite often. I used this to get rid of cramping and it brought me sickness instead."

Anonymous4223 September 7, 2016

For Acne "I took Diane-35 for six months but decided to switch to Yaz as Diane-35's side effects were too much for me (bloating and intense migraines) although it did totally clear up my skin. Also side note, birth control affects everyone differently, my sister for example took it for her acne too, it did wonders and she had no side effects at all! I have am on my third packet of Yaz. I must say my skin has gone a little nuts. I am getting quite bad breakouts. But I have decided to wait it out a bit. From reading online I've noticed most people don't see any good improvement on their skin until the end of the third month. And apart from some tiredness I haven't really had any other side effects. Fingers crossed it helps sort out my skin."

Nu30 September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "PLEASE BE AWARE!! I have been on an injection contraceptive for 8 years now but my local doctor ran short of the shot so he recommended Yaz. I have been on it for three weeks now and 2 days ago I started having serious abdominal, tightening of my chest and serious problem to breathe. My husband researched it and found that these were indeed some of the side effects. I decided to not take any more of the pills. I urge females to be very careful when using yaz since 100 women are dead who used Yaz and are suspected that it was because of this drug. The blood clots allegations are numerous also."

Natmah September 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on yaz now for about a year and a bit for my acne. At first I experienced the same thing as everyone else, bad skin for the first three months. However after that it was strange my skin would still break out for the first three weeks and then be completely clear during my period it was like that for months. I was ready to give up but hung in there I just really wanted clear skin and I'm glad I did. Seriously 1 year later something clicked and my skin was pimple free. Except for the off pimple on my period my skin is great now."

Jeewls (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on yaz from the time I was 16 to 22. I never really had and acne except the occasional pimple before my period. I had no break through bleeding even if I skipped my period and took my pills back to back. I had no depression or mood swings outside the normal period mood swings. I did notice a decreased libido and this wasn't until after I went off the pill for a month. I didn't realize how much better I felt coming off the pill. (until about the third week of coming off of it). This was the first and only birth control I tried and it worked for me. I decided to switch because I had been on it so long and thought maybe that was the reason for the decreased sex drive. That is really the only negative thing I have to say about yaz."

Brook212 August 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on week 3 of yaz and I can't impress enough how it has exacerbated my depression. I am crying constantly, I'm getting cramps like there's no tomorrow and feeling nauseous randomly. I don't think regulating my period is worth the feeling of hopelessness, the lack of motivation and general low feeling I am emersed in after only 3 weeks!"

Sweetpea12 August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was horrid. I had irregular periods with a very heavy flow, mood swings, depression, anxiety, anger issues, cramps, etc. This is the worst pill I've ever taken. Gave it a 3 because it worked as a birth control but other than that it's a 1"

Leannnn13 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz Plus for about a month now. I was worried at first from hearing about the blood clots, however, I find that there was not much to worry about. My first experience was breaking out. A lot. I also found my period to extend much longer, spotting for another 5 days after and I was getting a little worried but after 2 weeks of that, everything got better. My skin cleared up (any other breakouts was mostly from the heat) and it didn't really cause any cramps. I didn't find my sex drive to be any less than it was before and overall, positive experience so far."

Ledan August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for a little over 4 months and have been surprisingly happy with it. I had mood swings and was pretty emotional for the first 2 months but it really has gone away. I was also bleeding a little irregularly at first but that also went away. The only complaint I have is that it has killed my sex drive and is causing problems in my relationship. I can't really ever get wet anymore which never used to be an issue. For that reason, I am switching to Paraguard which is non hormonal. I really wish it didn't cause me that problem because otherwise I love it!"

Katie10245zzz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I'm just simply amazed and I hope this continues to work. I've only taken 2 doses of yaz and I went from constantly struggling with physical and emotional symptoms of pmdd and overall hormonal imbalancement to feeling much more at peace with myself. I feel lite and my body feels calm. I had anxiety, anger, I was hyper sensitive and so negative- I felt it physically. I would physically shake from anger. I could feel my uterus contract and cramp up when I got hurt and was angry. My pmdd had started early just 3 days ago when my breasts just felt so heavy with cysts that were so painful - it hurt to just get out of bed. I could sleep all day. I was cranky and could not stand being touched by my BF. Constipation and lots of gas as well."

EvaGurl (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for about three years now. The first few months were terrible. I broke out, had severe mood swings, I'd cry for no reason. After month four I felt completely fine. No more mood swings or acne outbreaks. My period got lighter, I stopped cramping as much. The only problem I have now is that I don't get as wet as I used to. But that's what lube is for. And hey, I'm not pregnant. So it's doing its job."

GraceG August 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I haven't been on the pills for a month yet, 3 weeks, and I'm going to try and stay on them for at least 2 months and if I don't see an improvement I'm probably going to change my prescription. I feel nauseous at least 30 minutes a day and now that I've gotten my period it's gotten 10x worse. Good helps for maybe 10 short minutes and I'm back to feeling gross and sick. I'm constantly tired yet it's so difficult for me to sleep. And my cramps have gotten worse, I didn't even think it was possible. My back and abdomin cramp at the same time (that's usual) and normally the only way to get rid of them is heat, so I take a bath and not even that is helping and of course the heat would make me more nauseous. Has anyone had this problem?"

Lacii August 3, 2016

For Acne "I went on yaz about 2 to 3 years ago to cure acne and very heavy periods. It worked brilliantly for both but it has caused extreme weight gain for me. I gained 10kg (around 20lbs) in the first few months and now I am considered overweight on the BMI for the first time in my life. I have tried everything from gym to cutting out carbs and can't lose any weight. I put this down to being a Estrogen Dominant pill. I just had my period and do not plan to go back on it."

MummaR (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm a full-time athlete, never really struggled with acne but wanted to experience a birth control as my periods were irregular which disrupted my trainings and travel. I've never really suffered from acne in my life but the first month being on Yaz I had experienced the most pimples I've ever had. Now I'm left with scars. Now onto my second month I am seeing slow improvement, still getting a few pimples. I have put on 2kg which I'm not completely sure if it's been this pill or that I have increased my weights by a great margin..My boobs have also seen a significant increase in size.In the last month I have experienced,migraines,headaches,nausea. Not sure how this pill is going to play out but if no improvement is seen after 3 mnths im out"

Anonymous July 28, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was diagnosed with PMDD 3 years ago by my gynecologist & was prescribed YAZ. Let me just say that it changed my hormones to a more controllable manner. I love YAZ & I cannot live without it (honestly) without YAZ I have severe depression during ovulation & cannot get out of bed. PMDD was interfering with my day to day life & relationships. After 3 months of taking YAZ I felt 100% better, I know that every medication has side effects but I didn't get any on YAZ. I came off YAZ after my wedding to try fall a baby & fell pregnant within 8 weeks. I have now given birth & straight back on it as I wouldn't be able to go through PMDD with a new born baby."

Adriana33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 18 years old. I am on month 4 of this pill and will be discontinuing its use once this pack is done. It cleared up my acne completely by month 3, which is why I am on it, but the mood swings are not worth clear skin. Im prone to anxiety, but my depression and anxiety have sky-rocketed, I feel completely hopeless and have panic attacks every day. My heart is always racing, and I also feel nauseated so easily. This pill makes me feel like Im going insane. Feeling this bad is not worth clear skin, but I give it a 3 only because it did clear up my acne amazingly. Would not recommend."

Anonymous July 20, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I've been on Yaz for 7 months now, and I am extremely happy with it. I was always a ravenous, aching, emotional mess before my period. It was hard for me to function, and when I was in uni since I could skip classes and lie in bed and cry. I couldn't do that when I started working though. Yaz now makes me a functional human being every day of the month, and even gave me clear skin and an increase in appetite as add-on rewards! The adjustment period was shitty for me because I breakthrough bled my way through my first three months on Yaz, had really bad mood swings that came without notice, and then had a two-week long period. After that period, though, my body has accepted Yaz as its own, and my life is stellar!"

Hafiraz July 20, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I was taking this pill for pcos..i was fine for the 1st 24 days...after the 4 days of not taking it i then resumed and i started bleeding but the pain that has come with it is unbearable im now going onto my 5th day of intense pain..i too have taking myself off this pill and i hope the pain subsides soon."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I was recently put on birth control for the first time. I am 24 years old and have always had heavy periods with severe cramping on the front end of my cycle. I chose this BC not only for these symptoms and contraception, but also for acne. I didn't see a major change in the acne. My period was much much lighter lasting about 3-4 days and the cramping was much more tolerable.... HOWEVER, this pill made me crazy. After a few weeks, I experienced EXTREME mood swings. I would uncontrollably cry and become very irrational, which is something I have never experienced before. My boyfriend quickly picked up on my emotional instability and said I was no longer acting like myself. Needless to say.. after 6 weeks, I am calling it quits."

Stephanie2107 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016