User Reviews for Yaz

6.1

61 reviews
Summary of Yaz reviews 6.4 536 reviews

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Yaz 2.5 years ago to help treat my PMDD and help clear my acne. For the first year I found Yaz great. I no longer got PMS symptoms, my periods were lighter, my skin was the clearest it's ever been in my life. I didn't experience any weight gain either. However, these past 12 months I have noticed a drastic change in my mood. I became depressed, suffering extreme anxiety, and lost complete motivation and passion for life. I cry easily, I feel helpless, I have less self esteem, I feel more nervous around people, I'm constantly tired and lacking energy. I used to go to the gym 7 days a week but now I can't even force myself to leave the house. I'm completely opposite to the person I was when I wasn't taking the pill. I experience constant yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. I decided to stop taking Yaz and am hoping I will go back to being the person I was before I used this pill. Please please do your research before taking this pill!!"

Taylor April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I have horrible headaches everyday. Extreme moodiness & sometimes it doesn’t give me my period. It makes me cramp horribly and stay in pain everyday. I’m giving it a 3/10 because it did clear my face up a lot. This birth control constantly has me stressed out."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2018

For Acne "I have been on this pill for around 4 months and my skin has been better than its ever been before. I'm 18, but ever since I was in the fifth grade I have suffered with gross cystic acne. I have tried many sorts of topical creams and another version of birthcontrol (ortho tri cyclen), but yaz has done the most so far. I have had slight weight loss, my sex drive was boosted, and my skin has felt much clearer (with the exception of one breakout). I have not noticed any of the bad side effects people keep talking about, the only thing I have noticed was dry hands. If your skeptical about yaz, DONT BE!"

Friendly (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I took YAZ in college and never had any issues with anxiety, depression, and anger. Well now I realize why.....I was on YAZ. Now in my thirties, I have struggled with PMDD for over five years. Finally decided to go back to YAZ to relieve my symptoms and its effective. My first month was easy, I felt a difference immediately. Now on my second month, I have some bleeding and noticed my hormones are up and down towards the end of the pack. Looking forward to my third month, hopefully the light bleeding with stop."

Sharon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched to yaz after trying traditional pills that caused me to break out in acne because of the increase in male androgen hormones. Yaz helped my skin but gave me terrible migraines so I had to stop it."

Lpb (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking yaz for a few months now and each month my anxiety, depression and dependence on my bf has gotten worst. I thought I was just being a psycho until I read these reviews. Like I’d get so jealous and tell him off and I couldn’t figure out why because I’m usually not this person. I’m very easygoing and he’s trustworthy. Don’t do it. Find another birth control. I’m done taking this as of today."

BB8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for 6 years now and I cannot relate to most of the posts on here. I've had a great experience with it. My skin is clear, my hair growth reduced and I have not gotten pregnant - yay! Moodiness is here and there but I had that before the pill, we're hormonal after all! Great birth control overall, I would recommend."

Pp (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 9, 2018

For Acne "I have taken Yaz for almost a year now. I don't know what's a normal response to birth control pills as it was my first kind. I took it to clear up my acne and lessen my cramps. During my first 2-3 months, I did experience extreme jealousy and potentially mild depression from it. My acne was the same as before, about 2-3 pimples at a time. I had no weight gain from taking Yaz at all and did not become nauseous. I had a nurse friend tell me it takes time for the body to adjust to the pill so I kept with it until it was time to see the doctor again. By the 4th month, I had clear skin and cramps were indeed lessened. I don't feel anymore depression and major jealousy (just the normal amount of jealousy). Still no weight gain either. I think I've only had one pimple since then. Yaz isn't for everyone and it could take a few months for the results to show. But be sure to do your research and tell your doctor if things don't seem normal."

Aminity (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2018

For Acne "I'm 19 and never suffered from bad acne even in my early teenage years. When I became sexually active I went on Levlen and that was fine for about 3 years then I started to get some of the worst cystic acne on my chin (hormonal) so I knew it was Levlen. I went to my doctor and got Yaz, I was terrified of some of the side effects people we're talking about but I was pleasantly surprised, I've been on it 2 weeks and so far it's cleared my skin COMPLETELY already (left with scars and redness, a few little pimples but no cystic huge ones) my mood has never been this stable and I've never been this happy, my skin feels softer too. All medications have side effects, this one is worth the risk for the benefits I feel like a new woman. It's not covered by the PBS (medicare) in Australia so its $70 for 3 months supply but thats a small price to pay for my self confidence back. A miracle drug."

Heather (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

For Birth Control "PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YAZ! After 4/5 days I had a huge emotional break down. I hadn’t cried that hard in months. It was not something to get so worked up about. 2 days later I had one of the worse panic attacks I’ve ever experienced. It was absolutely terrorizing. Why the hell is this drug even available? Those are the just the extreme side effects. Please don’t risk your life! I’m also worried I could have a blood clot due to medicine."

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Acne "My skin had been bad with constant moderate acne and cyst breakouts before my period. I was put on Sprintec by my gynecologist to help control my acne which did absolutely nothing. I stuck it out for 3 months as recommended but there was no change in my skin. Therefore, she recommended that I try YAZ. I was very skeptical about starting it because I read so many bad reviews about side effects and worsening acne, but I had no other option so I give it a shot. The first 2-3 weeks gave me an initial breakout, but I'm now 2 months in and my skin has never been this clear in my life. I currently have my period and don't have one pimple on my face. I wanted to share my experience because I think many people look up reviews before starting birth control and the negative reviews convince people not to try it. But keep in mind that most people who write reviews are the very small percentage of people who experienced side effects."

--- February 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I was 17 when I was prescribed Yaz, primarily as a birth control but also to clear up my skin. I was only on it for 11 days and had to stop taking it because I would wake up with really large pimples under my skin, causing pain and very low self esteem. It made my skin much worse when it was intended to clear it up. I was crying because of how painful my face had become. I had my first panic attack and would often become overly emotional and unstable, lashing out at my partner out of random (which was very out of character for me). I saw other reviews which said that Yaz had caused meltdowns and panic attacks, and I thought it would not happen to me. I was so wrong. Although I did not get pregnant, I would not recommend Yaz at all."

rammsteiner (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking yaz for over a year now and recently switched to the generic version, Gianvi. After reading all these reviews about yaz, I’ve been putting pieces together and it feels like everything makes sense now. I haven’t had an actual period in a year, about a few months after I started yaz. I also get a lot of mood swings and irritability. I get feelings of extreme jealously and anger over small things with my boyfriend that I normally wouldn’t care about. The only upside of this pill that I’ve experienced is super clear skin (I haven’t broken out in nearly a year), no pregnancy, and no extreme weight gain."

Yaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2018

For Birth Control "So far, so good! I've been on this pill for about three months now and the only side effects I had was nausea within the first few weeks of taking the pill and increase in boob size (not complaining). I previously struggled with weight gain with other brands of the pill as well as heart palpitations, mood swings and severe bloating. My skin has never looked better on Yaz, too!! People have said it's glowing. I loooove Yaz!"

laurs77 February 3, 2018

For Acne "I started Yaz in 2016 to clear up some moderate acne that affected my confidence a great deal. It took about three months to see any noticeable change but after that it was extremely clear and I felt amazing! However I had to go off it a few months later as I’d been getting frequent headaches and thought the pill was the cause. Then of course the dreaded pimples came back and slowly but surely about three months after they were worse than before I went on it. So I decided to go back on Yaz as I knew it had worked for me in the past. Now I’ve been on it for almost two months and my skin is the absolute worst it has ever been with bright red cystic acne all over my cheeks (I didn’t even have it there before). Although it upsets me a great deal as it does everyone else I am remaining hopeful because it has worked wonders in the past and I think my body is just taking its time to adjust to change! Also no more headaches!"

trustingthedoc101 February 1, 2018

For Acne "I have never has bad skin in high school & then in my 20's I development terrible pimples only on my chin. I was already on birth control but it was a extremely low dose. I starting to become so self-conscience of my skin it was starting to effect my social life I was embarrassed to go out. I tried a million different dermatologist & over the counter scrubs. I washing my face constantly. FINALLY I tried Yaz after my friend told me about it & it's been a week today and I haven't had a pimple since. I am so grateful I wanted to share my experience in hopes to help someone else! GO YAZ :)"

Ashley Yaz January 30, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first month on Yaz and the first 2 weeks were horrible. I got REALLY nauseous everyday at the same time, but now I feel really good. I don’t feel as irritated or annoyed as usual and I haven’t gained weight which I was worried about. If it’s your first month beware drinking on Yaz and you feel like rubbish when you drink but just push through it because it gets better."

Yazmataz (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2018

For Acne "Originally from Europe, I moved to Asia, where the tropical climate took its toll on my skin. Within 3 months I developed severe acne. At first I felt optimistic, “that is just temporary”, I thought, but when I tried almost everything (stopped eating any sugar, drank tons of water, tried various anti-acne cosmetics) and nothing worked, I got depressed. I read many positive reviews about Yaz here and it became my last hope. I have been on it for a year now, and I would say that it did miracles to me, though I had to wait quite long. I cleared my acne after 9 months. I have not experienced absolutely any side effects. I recognise that every body is different, but Yaz worked 100% for me, it might work for you as well."

Nicoletttta (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Please, please do not take this drug. Do extensive research on the side effects of this drug. It is not safe and causes many complex emotional feelings. Please don't take it!"

Amy Margarett January 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I would NEVER recommend this birth control to anyone! Although it did help prevent pregnancy, after not even a year of being on it, I began to experience heart palpitations and moments of feeling as if my heart paused and stopped for brief seconds throughout the day. I had to be admitted to the hospital because they found out I have a 2nd degree heart block and are now having to consider putting in a pacemaker. I am a healthy, active, 23 year old with no significant medical history or family history. Never again will I EVER take this BC. This is an awful feeling."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2018

For Acne "I have been taking yaz for the past 10 years... it’s not always doctors favorite but I have tried a few generics over the years as well as mirena and they all didn’t work for me (horrible mood swings, month long periods, skin issues etc). I switched to a new dr and she suggested switching to aviane another generic as it’s fully covered by insurance and yaz isn’t (a perfectly good reason to muck around with your body right?!?!? Not... my skin and mood has been awful!!! I’ve given it 5 months but I am switching back to yaz! Everyone is different and for me yaz works the best- nothing I try works better. Insurance sucks, women know their bodies best!"

Bel Italia (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2017

For Birth Control "My personal experience was awful. Had major mood swings , abusive towards people I care about. First I thought it was me and was finding reasons for my behaviour. Of course I happened to breakup with boyfriend so I stopped taking it and after 3-4 days was completely normal self. Than I read all these reviews and found out same experiences happened to others."

RYR December 25, 2017

For Birth Control "Hi, I have been on Yaz for five months and I have suffered really bad with chest pain, mood swings, anxiety, really dark thoughts , feeling of ugliness, no concentration, bad sleep, feeling that I was pregnant , no periods at all. I thought I was losing my mind . This has an a significant effect on my life, partner and my children. There is so much info on the net about how bad this pill is and badly affect moods. One thing all feedback that has had similar experiences to mine, is that after a few weeks your body gets back to normal . My GP didn't tell me the side effects , told me to read up on it - this is my part of this - had I read about this - and made an educated choice - I just wanted better skin ."

Cactus jack88 December 23, 2017

For Birth Control "I was not excited about starting this pill because of previous hormone sensitivity, but my OBGYN recommended it for irregular bleeding that started after I got my IUD removed. It completely altered my mood which I ended up ruining my 3yr relationship and threw me into a deep depression. I would sit on the couch under a blanket crying for hours and not leave the house (which is totally not like me). I was on it for about 6 months before getting off. It was like the fog had cleared and I looked back and was like what happened. But upside it got my period back to normal so far, just sadly had the worst 6 month I've had in a while."

Pineappleupsidedown (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2017

For Acne "I had been on Yaz briefly at 17-18 and couldn’t handle the responsibility of taking a pill everyday. My doctor put me on Nuvaring at 19 and I stayed on that for 6 years. When I turned 24 I got the worst acne of my life, so cystic and painful. Went off of it and let me body rest, then my whole body broke out into painful cysts. Went back on nuvaring and my mood plummeted and my acne just got worse on my face instead of my body. My doctor put me on Yaz and after 3 months my skin cleared up around 75% and after 6 it was 100% clear. I lost around 15lbs of water weight and my family and friends even noticed my mood being better. Have not had one negative side effect besides a little spotting when I tried to skip two periods at a time. Amazing!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2017