User Reviews for Yaz

5.5

Summary of Yaz reviews 6.2 589 reviews

Reviews for Yaz

Madz · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "So to anyone reading this, I want to first state, everyone will have a different experience, every body is unique, and with most BC pills, you need to wait 3 months in order for your body to adjust. However, this being said, after only a week on Yaz, I began noticing drastic improvements in mood. I was suppose to be suffering from PMS/PMDD this past week as my period starts next week, and for the first two days I was definitely an emotional wreck, but the following days, I noticed the horrible depression and anxiety I normally get for two weeks out of the month just suddenly lifted. I’m I am also experiencing very little nausea with Yaz in comparison to other BCs I’ve taken, and the appetite increase I usually feel around this time also disappeared. I’m pretty happy so far, I’m hoping it will help with my cystic acne and that any other symptoms won’t be too severe."

Cherry July 1, 2019

For Acne "I am taking yaz for 4 months now, It cleared my cheek and side acne but gave me chin acne. I am still hopeful, I hope to get a clear skin after 4-6 months."

peach June 25, 2019

For Acne "Been on Nikki-generic of Yaz for about 9 months. I used to have periodic breakouts before starting to take birth control and then less breakouts with other pills. With Nikki I have a rare pimple pop up every month but clear skin otherwise. My periods used to be heavy and painful, the flow has decreased and I only get light cramping on Nikki. The only downside is the decreased or very low libido. Overall a good pill with little side effects"

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Yaz just last month. When I started taking the white period inducing pills, the period didn't stop after I switched back to the rest of the monthly pills. I've had my period for 13 days straight at a time and am not sure what to do. Also, breast soreness, nausea and headaches have occurred, making this rather unpleasant."

Kiara · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I've just started taking Yaz at 42. I've not been on any birth control for quite a number of years now. I am just concerned that I'm a lot moodier and agro than I ever was. I need some advice how. Long will I feel. Like this???"

Irena · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 14, 2019

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I love Yaz. It changes my life. My periods used to be hell, I would even sometimes ending up in hospital. Throwing up and taking hard pain killers was all I could do the first few days. Not to mention PMS...I used to get very depressed before my period and not feel like myself. Only one week per month I would live normal without my menstrual cycle affecting me. Since I started taking Yaz, I'm reborn. First month I had side effects like sore breasts and bigger appetite, but after first month or two everything regulated and I'm feeling better than ever! My period lasts for 3 days (it used to be 7) and its almost painless!! PMS doesn't even exist! And plus everything I don't have to fear of unwanted pregnancy! Highly recommend it"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for about 2 years after switching from LoLo which was making me depressed. Yaz was great! Zero side effects and it helped clear up my skin about as well as Diane 35 did. I’ve recently had to switch to Yasmin because there was a shortage of Yaz, but hopefully I can switch back soon as it has been the best bc I’ve been on with regard to side effects."

Lil · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

For Birth Control "Was prescribed YAZ to regulate my period and control acne. From day one I turned into a different person - crazy mood swings, fits of anger and rage that had me so mad at my boyfriend extreme depression that left me crying all night, no energy, and I had anxiety attacks that basically paralyzed me on the floor unable to open up hands. So basically, the worst 18 days of my life. Cold turkey stop, despite the dr telling me to finish the pack. Sorry, I value my sanity, job and relationship way too much. Only positive - cleared up my hormonal acne. Not even close to worth it."

Zuni June 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Yaz one year ago after the birth of my first child. The whole time on it did prevent conception but I used to remain agitated, angry and confused. Last month before quitting I started having silly obsessive thoughts with considerable anxiety and low mood. Whole time on it I had excessive tiredness. I wouldn't suggest any woman to take Yaz if she has mood issues."

July11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on yaz for nearly 3 months now and I picked yaz as I used to be on Diane 35 but it was making me really sick for some reason after being on it for a few years so I chose to switch. Diane 35 made my skin very clear after maybe a year of being on it and so to switch to yaz has caused me to breakout but I’m hoping for this to clear back up soon. Other than that and a slight loss of my appetite I’ve had no real side effects as of taking it. It prevents pregnancy, and keeps me from having to get a periods"

Smile · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2019

For Acne "First time I heard about the tablet was scared to take it because of the reviews I saw. But later decided to close my eyes and just take it. Went to doctor and get the starter pack. Just 2 weeks into the tablets was already noticing so much different on my face. Because I was having so much pimples 4 months before that. Spend a lot of money on treatment and because of using different treatments my face colour changes. Some part are white some are dark. But how long did it take for Yaz fix my acne - just within 1 month of taking it. First time since after taking Yaz I took a picture of myself was yesterday. And I don't even have any side effects at all. Will be taking the last tablet from the starter pack tomorrow. Then start a new pack. Thanks Yaz"

Ken · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 30, 2019

For Acne "Hey everyone, I started taking the Yaz pill Oct 1 of 2018 to treat my moderate cystic acne. While my skin has cleared up considerably, I do still experience the occasional 2-3 pimples a month. I experienced no side effects, none, from taking this. Maybe a small weight gain about 10 lbs but I attribute that to diet. I just thought I’d drop by and rate as this site was extremely helpful to me when first starting out. Good luck ladies."

Flik · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2019

For Acne "The reason I am on this website, is because I've almost finished my 3rd month of Yaz and my skin is terrible, so I came here to see if others felt the same, and it seems so. I'm just not getting a break from pimples, its really getting me down. I've read a lot here, that the skin improves from here on out, so I will persevere. My moods have improved so much, I am more consistent and balanced. No PMS at all, very light periods too. If you're like me, hang in there a bit longer, I'm optimistic my skin will clear."

CC May 23, 2019

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I got diagnosed with PMDD when I was 16 and I was put on YAZ the day my symptoms started to occur (ovulation) and it worked almost immediately and I haven’t had an issue since with pregnancy or PMDD. This medication does make me slightly nauseous and since taking it my appetite has changed a lot and some foods I once loved now repulse me but it’s manageable and way better than dealing with PMDD."

M · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz birth control pills for about 2 months now and since then I have experienced lack of appetite and really bad nausea. Since being on it I have lost close to 20 lbs. BUT on the bright side I'm not pregnant."

nrn · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 17, 2019

For Birth Control "it s been more than two years with Yaz pill and there was nothing wrong in the first place, no extra pounds, no extra cellulite, no absurd food issues and no extra baby but then my migraine started getting bad climax, I had loss of visions, severe headaches and very, very harsh mood changes. No, not change, more like some permanent anger. So I quit Yaz. i dont use anything else right now because I don't trust pills. It has been just a week but even now I feel better."

Fifi · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2019

For Birth Control "DO NOT GO ON THIS BIRTH CONTROL. I lost half a head of hair in a month. I use to have thick thick hair and it all gone in a month. Horrible horrible pill."

Anonymous May 2, 2019

For Acne "All my 40 years I have struggled with mood swings and severe cystic acne. Birth control only seemed to make these worse and the dermatologist only prescribed super expensive topical and oral treatments, which barely helped if at all. My doctor eventually prescribed Yaz to me. The first 3-4 months were terrible. I broke out constantly and had very heavy periods as well. Then after month 4, everything changed. My skin became clearer than I have seen it in my entire life. Each month afterwards by periods became lighter and my mood swings disappeared. I’ve been on Yaz for 14 months now and I still have amazing skin and stable moods. Sometimes I don’t get my period and sometimes I do. I have maybe had 2 pimples the entire time but they are just normal pimples and not the terrible cystic acne I used to get."

babyg · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 1, 2019

For Acne "I highly recommend Yaz. I was on it for about 2-3 years, and I think I’m going back. At first, my side effects were not good, my acne flared up and it was red and itchy, but after a couple of months, the only time I would break out was around my period. For the first 6 months, my period was irregular, it would come whenever it wanted and last a full 5 days but now my period is the day after I take the sugar pill and ends the day after I stop it. They have been extremely light and no cramping or PMS at all. It did make me a bit moody but not much more than normal. The side effects were nothing compared to the benefits it did for me. The only reason I’m off of it is because they didn’t call in a refill so I’m trying the shot so I don’t keep running into this problem. Overall, Yaz was the absolute best thing to happen to me! Oh yeah and I haven’t gotten pregnant and that’s always a plus !!"

Mickz · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

For Acne "I was prescribed with YAZ by my OB Gyne because I'm having PCOS again. I will be under treatment for 6 months and need to loose weight. She advised me to use Yaz for weight control and I think its working good on me though Im still on my 4th day in my first month. I don't crave much and I'm not getting any side effects like headache, bloatedness, or nausea with this pill. I have hormonal imbalance as well after I gave birth to my first born and it caused me so much pimples. Hopefully this will work in getting rid of it. I will give it 5 for now and see how it will work. In case it won't do much then Ill switch back to Gynera which was first prescribed to me 5 years ago and I was able to use for 3 months and it did great. For now, Ill give this one a chance."

Lo April 21, 2019

For Birth Control "Started Yaz about 6 months ago for Endometriosis pain control. Right away I became emotional, anxious, depressed with super dark thoughts. My Dr. told me that it takes about 3/mo to level out your hormones. 2 weeks ago I started having side effects that I didn't even realize were BECAUSE of the BC until I started reading other reviews. I'm 29 years old, workout 5 days a week, skinny etc. I've become constipated, bloated, gaining weight, hungry all the time, EXTREMELY exhausted, mood swings, angry at everyone & everything, depressed, anxious, obsessive bad thoughts, hot flashes & sweating, breakthrough bleeding etc. I have my period every 3 months on this, but my 1st period after the 3 months is the heaviest period I've ever had in my life. Not to be graphic, but it was flowing out of me like an endless waterfall. Soaked through super tampons in 15-20 mins. I'm MISERABLE & would rather risk my endometriosis pain coming back than dealing with this. NOT taking another day of this pill."

Ale · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2019

For Birth Control "DO NOT GO ON YAZ! My doctor prescribed me Yaz as I was having trouble with my skin and heavy periods. Before Yaz I was on Levlen which I highly recommend. After taking Yaz for 1 month I got side effects such as fainting, always dizzy, lots of discharge, breakthrough bleeding and my skin looks horrible. I read the reviews on this website and thought I’d try it, what’s the worst that can happen. Please don’t try Yaz its horrific it’s made me go off birth control all together."

Cobaltbabe83 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 11, 2019

For Birth Control "My ob gyn tried my on Yaz in my younger days because TriNessa was causing too much bloating and headaches. I was put on birth control to begin with for heavy periods, acne and pregnancy protection. Yaz did help with that for a little while. At one point, I had an early miscarriage on that pill. I was unknowingly pregnant because the antibiotics I had taken for my severe cold were not completely out my system when I thought I was safe. I later learned you have to wait until your next period to be safe. I only waited 2 weeks. I never missed any pills or was late so had to be the antibiotics. Well, after awhile this pill literally had my menstrual cycle completely backwards. I would have my period placebo week, stop bleeding for a week and have light breakthrough bleeding the rest of the month until my period came. It was a good pill for awhile though. My obgyn had to switch me to Loestrin 1.5/30 because this one didn't have enough hormones at that time."

pimplepopper · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2019

For Acne "Okay guys, I desperately searched this site two months ago when my acne was horrific. I had started Yaz for the acne and it instantly got worse for the first month and it felt really hopeless. BUT, it’s been 3 months now (the amount of time they say to wait) and it’s so, so, so much better. Please stick with this if you have hormonal acne it helped me so much."

Helio23 April 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 4 years before it started causing severe emotional problems. I was always a level-headed, even-keel kind of person. Things didn’t really upset me much. But by my 4th year of taking Yaz, I was having weekly panic attacks, depression, obsessive and paranoid thoughts, and I had zero self-esteem. I ruined a few relationships because I was suspicious of the people in my life. I knew something was seriously wrong with me, but I had no idea it could be my pill. It wasn’t on my radar. Then I came across a forum of women going through the same thing, and they were taking Yaz. I stopped taking my pill for 3 months and I felt great. It was like the clouds parted. I didn’t have a single panic attack in those 3 months! I had my Dr. switch me to a different generic brand, hoping that might help. Well, I could only stand to be on it for 1 week... I had 2 panic attacks in the span of that 1 week. Pills went in the trash and I haven’t looked back."