User Reviews for Yaz

Birth Control
5.7

Summary of Yaz reviews 6.3 501 reviews

Reviews for Yaz

For Acne "I took tri-linyah for three years before going on yaz. Reason why I switched because my acne was getting worse and my doctor thought increasing the estrogen would help. Well good news it helped clear my skin, but made my hair fall out 5 months later and I still have excessive shedding. My hair thinned out a lot and I lost half my hair thickness."

Ksjsbbsk (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

For Acne "I urge you not to take this pill. I took it to help alleviate my acne. Immediately I started having side effects including insomnia, frequent crying, and breakthrough bleeding. About 3 weeks in, I started having panic attacks and severe anxiety. I went off the pill after only 3 weeks. Now, it has been a month and I am still experiencing the heightened anxiety and panic attacks that I did before. I’m hoping that I will eventually be the person I was before this pill. I would never ever go on this pill again and I wish I could stop myself from ever taking it."

Kathy (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Birth Control "Last year I had to start the pill due to an irregular menstrual cycle. My gynocologist recommended I take this brand for 6 months. I was always the happiest and brightest person. I would be the one to cheer people up and make their day. This pill gave me depression. It took away my identity. I was on it for 4 months and I would have extreme mood swings every single day. I had to stop taking it due to severe spotting for the last 2 months of it. I would bleed everyday and a heavy amount too. I gained so much weight (10-15 pounds) and was very bloated. My appetite was amplified to the max. There wasn’t a single moment where I didn’t have food in my mouth. I tried to stay on yaz but it was an absolute disaster. I didn’t realize why these awful changes were happening to me. After I got off of it due to heavy spotting, I realized my mood improved. This pill ruined my life. I still have depression and I resent this brand for giving it to me."

Disgusted22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control has been a nightmare for me, extreme moodiness, anxiety and crying spells. Not a normal thing for me, please be careful on this. I've taken it for 3 weeks. Never again."

Anonymous September 15, 2018

For Birth Control "My dr put me on Yaz 11 years ago, within several months of being on this pill I began to experience bouts of depression during my menstrual cycle. After 6 months they were so severe I began to have serious panic attacks and could not leave my house. My world crashed while I was on this pill. NEVER touch this pill, it should not be on the market!!!"

Baby-steps (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on yaz for 5 weeks. I used to break out a little bit every once in a while. I wanted to go on birth control to completely clear it. Within a week I was so badly bloated I couldn't fit into my clothes. I bled heavy nonstop the entire five weeks I was on it. I am prone to a bit of anxiety/depression but I have NEVER experienced anything like the kind of depression I had on this pill (panic attacks, constant crying) But WORST OF ALL - it gave me severe, nodular cystic acne. My skin went from near perfect to clogged pores covering my entire cheeks, which became HUGE DEEP nodular acne that have left my face scarred. Even after being off the pill, I remained sick. Finally almost 2 years later I saw a naturopath who found that the pill had COMPLETELY thrown off my hormones. With her help I was finally able to balance my hormones, clear my acne, and fix my sleep. This pill almost ruined my life. There are WAY better way to fix your acne (diet, hormone changes w a naturopath, exercise)."

dontdoit (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Acne "Been on Yaz Plus (28) for exactly a month, I'm now on my withdrawal bleeding days. I have been on a different pill before for more than 2 years and I felt pretty good, but I did want to try a pill that could help with my acne better due to my oily skin. Thanks to the pill my skin is way less oily even though I got some questionable pimples the first two weeks. The only thing I'm concerned about is that my vaginal discharge has a very "acidic" smell, with the previous pill I also had a weird smell but was not as bad smelling as the one right now. Pretty sure is my body getting use to the new pill, but we will see. I'll review again in the next months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I went on this medication for acne which it definitely cleared up my skin 98%!! However, the side effects of this medication caused me to have a severely dry vagina to the point where it hurt to pee, got UTI's, and I’m not in a relationship but I definitely could not have sex my vagina is so sore and dry. I kept going back to the gyno for months because it felt like something was so wrong... all the tests were always negative and it wasn’t until just now that I made the connection that my irritation was from the yaz. I just stopped taking it a week ago but the doc said it may take a few months for the dryness to subside. It definitely worked for acne I just can’t stand this dryness and burning feeling."

Blondegirlsaresmart (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Taking Yaz for 6 months now and it's been life changing. The anger, depression and anxiety has decreased ten fold. I am taking the brand and forking over that $$$ every month. Fearful to take the generic and go through the symptoms again. Anyone else have good experiences with the generic Yaz?"

Sharon (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "Birth control? Yes. Liver tumors as a side effect? Yes. Inoperable tumors and it's now too dangerous for me to get pregnant (risk of rupture).... So, yeah, it's a "birth control" all right..... for the rest of my life."

Poppy (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2018

For Acne "I was on yaz as a kid, then they switched me to tri-linyah. Tri-linyah kept my acne at bay but my sex drive dropped over the years and didn't want to have any sex. So I switched back to yaz, and my sex drive increased but so did my acne. And it's the deep painful acne. Not sure if it's the hormonal switch or not. But it's quite aggravating."

06sti (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I've been taking Yaz for almost a year now, and I am very, very happy with it. I have pre existing mental health diagnoses that were extremely exacerbated by PMDD. About 10 days before my period I would become absolutely dead exhausted, severely depressed, with constant muscle and joint soreness, and terrible cramps and heavy bleeding during menstruation. All these symptoms are almost eliminated after taking Yaz. As an added "plus", most months I don't get my period AT ALL, which is a real blessing. Only thing I wish would work for me is the acne reduction...I still struggle with the cystic, hormonal acne and Yaz doesn't seem to have helped that. STILL, if you struggle with PMDD, Yaz is definitely worth a try!"

Mer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Over the past 10 years I gradually realised the link of having severe depressive like symptoms, anger, rage and extreme fatigue 2 weeks before my period. It got worse in my mid to late twenties culminating in an almost nervous breakdown and me having to take 2 months off work in my new career at the hospital. This I put down to inability to cope with the stress of working in acute care, but really it was debilitated by the effects of the premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) every month. Armed up with research on yaz online, I consulted a doctor in UK who had never heard of it. Anyway, I insisted on the medication and to this day have never looked back. I notice a huge difference in taking it and almost symptom free psychologically. Might not be for everyone. But if it does work it's fully life changing. I am very happy with the results so far. Now nearing 30 and much happier."

Amyowl August 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I am on YAZ for birth control. My first month on it was okay, I had mood swings and a long period which is normal because your body is still getting use to the pill. In the end of the first month my libido was non existant and I got so dry there under. Like the whole time and that dryness caused itching. In the beginning of the month I was extra wet, the dryness was no problem. My gynecologist said that it can't be the pill."

Sammy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

For Acne "I have been on yaz for about two months now after switching from ortho tri-cyclen after a year of no serious acne improvement. After two weeks I noticed my acne calming down, and by the end of the month I was not getting any new spots. Its been two months now and my face is clear, I am just left with scarring but I feel AMAZING. The only downside is it has caused my breasts to feel very sore even when I’m not close to my period."

Lane (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

For Acne "I was on yaz from age 13-27 for endometriosis and am a healthcare provider. I have suffered with debilitating anxiety since age 13 which I just assumed was genetic and never even thought to associate with the hormones I was putting into my body daily. I spent years taking medications and missing very important life events due to my anxiety. The week after I decided to switch my birth control pill of over 14 years, my anxiety suddenly disappeared and has not returned (6 months so far with ZERO anxiety). This is not due to therapy or medications as I am no longer doing either of those. My life stressors are significantly greater now, and yet I have had ZERO anxiety. I am annoyed beyond reason that this medication was the cause of years and years of suffering. Though it helped my endo pain while I was on it, nothing can compare to the debilitating anxiety this caused me. I will never recommend this OCP to any of my patients with or without mental health predispositions."

T (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2018

"I started yaz for migraines associated with perimenopause, skipping placebo pills and using the monophasic pills all month, every month. I'm finishing year two now and switching to another (aubra), but not because I want to (Yaz is no longer covered by my insurance). Yaz side effects: my migraines are down to 1-2 month from 15-18, so that aspect has been a complete success; I've experienced other positive aspects: my anger has decreased substantially with this pill--it had become a problem it has now has helped funnel my anger into positive activities. Also, I have gained 2-3 pounds, but I'm also in my late 40s and still under 100 lbs, so that's probably good. I have always struggled with oily skin and moderate acne, but this pill has helped a bit; it's not a cure for my acne, but it has helped with the hormonal acne I used to get around my chin."

kbm1464 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2018

For Acne "I have been patiently waiting 4 long months to write my review after starting on Yaz. I'm taking it for acne. My acne got really bad after the birth of my son and I tried everything under the sun and read about yaz and decided to give it a try being my acne is mostly hormonal. My acne was very gross and I would say it was moderate. I'm on my fourth month of yaz and my acne is 80% better and I will take that!! The first month I think it just remained the same and maybe a very slight initial breakout but each month it's getting better and better. I actually take my pills right on to the next pack so I don't get a period and it's working out for me because most of my acne was prior to my period. Ladies just be patient. It's not going to be an over night fix."

Amanda Lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

For Acne "I have been on birth control since I was 12, I know, young! But I had severe acne and was too young to be on Accutane. I was put on accurane then when I was 14 and my skin cleared up for about a year, and got really bad again. So I was on a birth control that worked okay, and when I was 15, a new doctor told me that the bc pill I was on, was not meant to treat acne, (but if actually was) and so they took me off. Anyway, last year, I was put on Yaz and I have had the worst time with it. I break out so badly and I have really bad depression. But the worst things about it are that I get so bloated, it’s so painful to stand or sit. And I get so nauseous and have the worst headaches right before bed. I swear I have only had 2 headaches in my life before I was on Yaz, and now I have them EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I want to be off it so badly, but I have to wait 2 more weeks until I meet with a different doctor, hoping to be put on a different pill. I would not recommend this to anybody at all"

sucks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT RECOMMEND. I switched from the standard pill to Yaz due to intense breast tenderness. After taking Yaz, my breasts went from a 12DD to a 12F - none of my clothes fit me and everything is uncomfortable. I experienced bleeding for several weeks, and severe cramping that made me bedridden. My doctor said I would take up to 3 months for it to kick into my system - I took it for 5 months and still the same result. I have switched back to the normal pill, guess I'll just have to cope with the tender breasts!"

Maddie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

For Acne "DEFINITELY WOULD RECOMMEND TO PEOPLE WITH THE SAME ISSUES!!! I started 5 months ago. I used to have cystic acne all over my face, particularly cheeks and neck, with painful periods lasting a week (endo?) Acne wise: First 3 months, skin started getting worse. Everything was worth it though, as when the 3rd month ended and I started my 4th packet, my skin cleared up almost overnight. Still get a few pimples here and there, but nothing like I used to Period wise: Started my first pack on my period, resulted in a month-long period. Then skipped my period to see if that would end it, but it resulted in another month of having my period. The only reason why I rated this a 9 is because of this, but it is most likely my mistake or due to an underlying health condition. After the 2nd month, I didn't skip my period, and my periods after that have been 3 days long and have only needed a liner. Really light pain, nothing like before. No change in mood :)"

Yaz!!! June 8, 2018

For Acne "All side effects (headache, nausea, crazy emotions, spotting) went away after my first month on Yaz. I saw improvement in my skin after just a week and my skin was completely clear after 4 months. I didn’t gain any weight but the only thing is that I am alwaaaays thirsty. I would recommend this pill to everyone who is struggling with acne."

Gia (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Yaz is my 5th pill I have tried as a form of contraception & I have been really happy with it, I have more energy, I don't get bad mood swings in comparison to the others I've tried, my nails are longer & stronger, I am now losing weight before hand I found it hard to even though I was eating well & going to gym. However, the sugar pills (period ones) lower my appetite & if I eat too much I get really stomach cramps & last night I got bad constipation. My period is so much lighter though & I haven't ever had bad skin but it's still the same which is good. I personally rather have cramps than to argue & cry to anyone who is close to me, I got so scared sometimes on the other pills & thought that my boyfriend & I were going to break up as I'd get mad or sad at him for no reason. Yaz is my favourite & I won't be switching any time soon"

Sophie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

For Acne "MIRACLE! I am 23 years old and started to have acne at the age of 21. It's been 3 months since I've started the pill... and trust me, I couldn't be happier!!!!!!! No more acne, no more oil/shine on my face, no side effects and my periods are super light (for 2 days MAX.) I love it!!!! It changed my life!!! Really."

Isabourinx (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Acne "I've been taking Yaz for my severe cystic acne for more than a year now and it’s my favorite pill by far and I’ve tried so many pills. It reduces my skin and scalp oil production and I rarely get pimples. Side effects are none to minimal: no bad moods, no bloating, no hair loss, no foggy brain or fatigue. I feel like myself. The most weight I’ve gained is 3 pounds. Actually Yaz has helped me shed water weight from my previous pill because it makes me pee more often. My body looks more toned now. I was hesitant to try Yaz because it poses a high risk for blood clots. If you’re thinking of trying Yaz or Yasmin, definitely get blood tests to see if you’re at risk for blood clots. I’m taking a natural supplement which is the most potent blood thinner you can find without a prescription. I believe because of this, I can safely take Yaz without any problems."

SquareEgg May 6, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...