User Reviews for Yaz

Birth Control 262 reviews 296 medications

6.1
Summary of Yaz reviews 449 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I'm on Yaz for 18 days now. I struggled with a sudden constant acne breakout on my chin (hormones). Doctor prescribed Yaz, especially to help with the acne. I am very happy with how the pill improved my skin. I've noticed I can't drink the pill on a empty stomach (otherwise I am really nauseous). The only side effect I experience is the constant swelling of breasts. Some days it's very sensitive other days not. Yaz workers differently for every person."

Marinds (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was really shocked when I read some of the reviews about this pill. I've been using it for almost 3 years. I've never experienced something negative about it. I felt the same as before emotionally, no changes in moods, nothing. The only thing that changed is that my periods are shorter and now I don't have to use drugs to prevent menstrual cramps, because there are none. My skin has been always clear, even before taking pills. Honestly, there is nothing bad to say about my experience with it."

Akali (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am almost 25 years old and have been taking Yaz or Beyaz for the past 4 years. I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 14 and have tried various other birth controls with no relief of my endometriosis. When my doctor prescribed Yaz I was hesitant at first because of the commercials talking about blood clots but decided to try it anyway. Yaz and Beyaz have literally been life savers for me. I used to have cramps so bad I was unable to attend school or work. My periods would also be a full week long and heavy bleeding the entire time. Since getting on Yaz I do still have some cramping but it is manageable with midol. My periods are now 3 days long, with only one day that's heavier. I don't have any complaints!"

Britt402 March 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on for a month and totally love it. Skin is clear, no weight changes, and actually my mood is a little better overall."

Mel772211 March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on the yaz contraceptive pill for only around 6-8 months, but it was the worst experience. I complained about acne to my doctor and she recommended it, but I did not notice a drastic difference in my breakouts while on the pill. I had been on alesse for 2 years before switching to yaz so I was well aware of some of the side affects to birth control pill use. When I switched to yaz I honestly felt miserable and immediately noticed my sex drive decreased drastically and I had low energy all the time. I had never felt that way while on alesse and I thought perhaps it was only a side effect to just starting the new pill. However, in the entire time I was taking yaz my mood did not change and I felt it best to switch back to alesse."

lii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for about 3 weeks now and I am an emotional wreck, but all birth controls that I have been on have had me like this. My face is clearing up I think and my hair is growing, but my emotions get the best of me. I feel like a crazy person crying one minute and fine the next. I get upset over the smallest things and I hate it. Also, My sex drive is super low. This sucks honestly"

Myy March 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm 26 years old and have been using Yaz as a contraceptive for 1 year now (2016-2017). I had been taking it previously from 2013-2014 (prescribed to me 1st, for menstrual cramps and oily/hormonal breakout skin). I was completely off Yaz in 2015 after noticing extreme side effects and am sharing this to let women know they're not alone in this whirlwind of emotion this Pill brings along. I must say that it indeed cleared my skin and turned my menstrual flow into hardly anything and for 2 days only. Cramps still come... It started off with a noticeable shift in controlling anger/getting irritated really quickly. Then emotions heightening, most turning into major emotional breakdowns and then SEVERE anxiety."

Rikki_South Africa March 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I found this pill at the start to be amazing and fit me to the best. But later discovered it is not for me.. I'm now switching pills to see if I can bring back my old self. I have taken YAZ for 14 months and am now taking my month which will make it 15 months. To say I'm tired is not the word and shifting weight is near impossible. I have exercised and dieted with nothing more than a pound gained or the scale not moving. I also have in between bleeding. After taking the 15th day I am guaranteed brown discharge and then some spotting, which I shouldn't be getting. My period now as been the worse I have ever gotten in a long time."

ElleBells (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the worst drug I have ever taken. Two weeks after taking it my breast swell up they wore so painful I can hardly work... I had problems bleeding last night and I feel most of my body itching... my waist hurts... my energy levels are so low it feel like I am so sick... I feel cold and depressed .... I never feel so bad"

Maria Georgieva (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Hi! I've been taking YAZ since 2008 and I've had no issues at all! Very clear skin, no weight gain, little to no period, no changes in my personality or mood... nothing! Only time I came off was when we were TTC :-)"

Beth1990 February 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I only took this medication for about 10 days, but I heard horror stories about birth control so was scared of taking it, but really it caused nothing major, just a bit of nausea that I could easily handle with some ginger tea. no sudden water weight gain, no acne, but I was a short while on this medication, the thing is it made me quite emotional in the last few days and , but probably it is that I am just in an emotional period of my life and the pill made my emotions a bit more raw, I just did not want to deal with that and stopped. But I think the benefits outweigh the these mild side effects, and it felt like they will subside if I continued taking the pill. try it."

kali27 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I started taking yaz because of my severe acne, I've had acne now for about 7 years straight I'm now 20 years old and Ive never been able to get rid of it. My GP prescribed me YAZ and I've heard really good stories about this particular pill brand, I took this pill for about the 3 months and my god it made my skin break out completely it was horrible my face was sore to touch because of how big my pimples were and most of them were underneath the skin which was worse. I since then have stopped and gone to a dermatologist (skin specialist) and have been prescribed Minocycline which is an antibiotic and its 100% cleared my skin completely. Note *** I didn't gain weight on this YAZ."

Rach2020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Hi, I'm 24 years old, healthy, and known for my fitness regime. I've been taking Yaz for three weeks now and it is horrible. I have a history of mental health issues and this medicine made me severely depressed and suicidal. I lost all interest in my activities and it is hard for me to talk to people anymore. I also gained a little weight, got hives, and regularly have stomach pains now. I'm not sure if I should continue with this medicine. I'm going to talk to my doctor. But, I know medicine doesn't necessarily work the same for everyone, so I wanted to share my experience. Talk to your doctor about the risks before taking Yaz."

0007Tay February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was on bc when I was 18, had every side effect possible with the pill stayed on it about 3 weeks. Was afraid to start bc again because past experiences, I'm 25 now and was recommended yas because of adult acne after pregnancy. The first 3 months were fine no side effects and face has been clearing up great. 2 weeks into month 4 and I have literally gained over half a stone in 2 weeks and severe bloating. I've been bleeding for the last 3 weeks. Don't know what's going on but I'm stopping it as of now. Would not recommend this."

Dally24 February 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had nothing but positive experiences since I started taking Yaz in 2009. Clear skin, light or no periods, and of course no babies. I haven't had any negative side effects like weight gain or mood swings."

Kat-h February 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I take this medicine for endometriosis and to prevent ovarian cysts. Since taking it, I have have had far less pain and no cysts. As a bonus, it cleared up my bad skin. I experienced fewer side effects than other pills I have taken. The main side effect I have experienced is decreased sex drive which is unfortunate but it beats the pain from endometriosis or cysts."

xoya (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Do not take this bc. The hormone in this pill has a bad habit of lowering testosterone in women. That may sound like a good thing, but if you are a woman with normal to low levels already, further lowering will cause low energy, low motivation, low sex drive, and feeling generally crappy. I took this for four days and slept 24 hours on the last day. I'm done with it. I hope I stopped soon enough, these effects can be permanent in some women. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with having your testosterone levels checked first, if you even find a doctor that will."

Hwiese (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Hi I'm 43 year my PMDD become worse the older I get. I use to be a bit moody 2 days before my cycle, now I'm a raving lunatic 1 week before and 2 days into the cycle. Only to start again before I enter the ovulation phase. I feel happy go lucky maybe 1 week per month the rest of the time I can't stand being me. I'm starting YAZ today wish me luck. I'll report back in a few weeks."

:) January 14, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been taking Yaz for 2 weeks now. I get breakouts but they go away quickly and come back. I was still willing to give it a chance. I am stopping because I have become depressed, exhausted, negative and I over analyze things which means I over react and I'm very emotional. This is affecting my relationship and my work. I feel overwhelmed."

Dwarest January 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I took Yaz for 3 days and stopped immediately after that. On the 3rd day of taking Yaz, I experienced numbness and tingling in my left arm and hand. I felt some heart palpitations, but then it stopped. On day 4, I woke up still feeling that numbness and tingling, and started to feel my heart race so quickly, I also got shortness of breath. I felt sick, so I went to my pharmacist who told me to stop the pill and see a doctor. At this point, I started to feel a little better. I went to the medical clinic and saw a doctor who checked my heart rate, which turned out to be elevated. The rest of the check up was ok, said to go to hospital if Inhave bad reactions again. So sorry that I took this pill in the first place."

Abs80 January 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was prescribed this pill to treat PMS however, taking this medication was the worst experience of my life. It alleviated anxiety but it made me severely depressed and paranoid. I am a fairly active person and I would go running every day. As soon as I began to take the pill I lost motivation to do the things I enjoyed and it got to the point where I did not even want to leave the house. I also almost lost my job over it. I tried to quit three times in one week and luckily my employer would not let me end my career and encouraged me to stay. Taking this medication also damaged my relationships with my friends and my partner and almost costed me my relationship. Please do not take this medication. "

Bianca1987 December 28, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The only reason why I am giving it 2 stars is because it did clear my acne better than any product I have ever used. I got on it after my mirena was removed 4 months ago and it's the only pill form of birth control I have ever taken. However, as soon as I am done with my red pills I will not be taking it anymore. It has made me a lunatic. I am so bipolar/emotionally unstable/depressed its not even funny!! I am destroying my relationship with my mood swings/instability. I'll be okay for a day or two and then I start feeling crazy again. I cry constantly for no reason. I'm even having nightmares almost every night. Hopefully switching to a different pill will help."

RACHAEL0627 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Worst mistake of my life. I was on Yaz for 3 months, my acne is worse than ever, I gained a lot of weight, my mental health has never been so bad - anxiety, depression, my self esteem is so low it's terrifying. I would not recommend this medication to anyone - but I understand everyone is different and some have had great experiences with Yaz. Unfortunately I was not one of them."

Chelle Seay December 24, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking Yaz BC pills when I was 16 Years old. I am now 18 and still taking them and they have been a MIRACLE! When I was 16, I had LOTS of small, red acne all over my face, I tried and tried and tried with many topical creams to help reduce it and make them vanish, but nothing worked. (Although Benzyl Peroxide did help my acne on my forehead, but my cheeks/chin/mouth area was still horrible). My doctor prescribed me Yaz, and it honestly was the best decision. I started noticing my pimples vanishing after the first month of taking it. The only downside about this pill for me is, I am now 18 and have horrible mood swings. I get mad at people for no reason, and cry over nothing. After 2 years, I am gonna take a break from taking it."

Dxo December 23, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for 2 months and started to become anxious, paranoid, and depreesed. I asked my doc to get off it and she told me to give it more time. I got off it, nevertheless, because I did not need it. My life improved dramatically over the next 6 months. I started dating again, so I decided to give the pill another shot. I started to be anxious and insecure immediately. I started believing and accusing the person I was seeing of not being into me and got upset at him over the littlest things. A week before my period I went into full anxious and depression mode. It felt like the world was ending. I also experienced severe cramps, migraines, and bled for 2 weeks. I am now off this drug for 2 days and noticed an immediate difference."

HT2283 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016