User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 40 reviews 8 medications

Birth Control 276 reviews 300 medications

Summary of Yaz reviews 473 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I had paragard for 3 years before switching to YAZ. Paragard was the worst thing I had ever put my body through and I DO NOT recommend it. Anyway, with the Yaz the first 1-2 months I was exhausted, dizzy, nauseous, sense of smell and taste were heightened, almost felt like early pregnancy signs. I decided to stick it out for the full 3 months to let my body adjust and I don't regret it! My acne is gone, my periods are light with mild cramping only lasting 5 days at the most, I had severe PMDD before going on Yaz and now I still get emotional of course but it's helped control my severe mood swings so much. Yaz has done everything my doctor told me it would do for me and more! PS- I did not gain weight on this pill"

Kfula (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had tried so many birth controls before this one and finally my doctor recommended another one. It was Yaz. probably the best birth control for clearing acne, ever. After just two months I'm already noticing a drastic difference. I am so so grateful. I can't even remember the last three I was on before this one but some made my acne so much worse and I'm so glad I found this one"

shay1200 September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My first experience with YAZ (10 yrs ago) was good - it helped with my skin and didn't notice any major side effects. After a few years, I went off of all BC - I was single and they're expensive, etc. About a year ago, I decided to go back on BC and chose YAZ again. I'm normally pretty mellow (low moments from time to time, nothing crazy) but I've noticed that since taking it again, epic mood swings set off by the tiniest things. End of the world. Major rage issues (I threw a $800 laptop 15ft across my living room) or just feeling hopeless. I almost had a meltdown when making pancakes. I thought it was just me at first, but thinking back on it, this all started a year ago. It's cost me my relationship. I have my yearly next week, gonna try something new."

CSSgirl September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have struggled with acne for ages and I can't say I have tried all products out there, but I have tried simple face washes and none of them seem to work. It has bothered me and I already took birth control, so when I went to my OB she recommended Yaz. I'm still only on my first pack and I'm about a week in, and I realize it may seem crazy to be getting results so fast, but my skin already seems to be clearing up and so far I haven't had any bizarre side effects. I'm going to update in a few weeks and I hope this helps. I've seen many bad reviews but remember we are all different and will react differently and it's always worth the try!"

AmberCaleb (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am a 21 years old, healthy young girl. I was on YAZ for 8 months before noticing any changes, all was well. One day I noticed a deep blue vein on my inner calf and thought nothing of it. Today I currently have spider veins and countless thick veins from my feet to thigh. I have countless days where I am in so much pain I do not want to get out of bed, my legs burn and ache to the point where I am in tears. I currently have to wear compression socks for the rest of my life and even with the socks and elevating my feet I am still in pain, I have to have constant Dr appointment to monitor for DVT, (deep vein thrombosis) this is all because of YAZ. My entire life is impacted because of YAZ I have to take ASA everyday now. I will never recommend YAZ"

Ashla August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been on Yaz for 3 months. I switched from Diane, in the hopes my skin would improve. I'm 28 and still have congested skin and I am just over it. Nothing changed by moving over to this pill EXCEPT the fact that I've gained 4kilos in just 3 months. For my entire 20's I've weighed, give or take a kilo here and there. My eating habits have not changed and neither has my exercise routine so Yaz is all I can put it down to. 4 kilos may now sound like much but it felt like it went on overnight so it's all been a bit of a shock."

BP5737899 August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I hated being on Yaz. It caused me to gain a lot of weight, so much so and so quickly it actually scared me. I was incredibly depressed and sad all the time finding myself crying nearly every day whereas I am normally a person who almost never cries or gets overly emotional. I had difficulty breathing and felt like my chest was weighed down. Anxiety and panic attacks became my daily norm. Another strange thing was it gave me little red bumps all over my face that weren't acne but just texture. I have been off Yaz for a year now and I still have the red bumpy texture all of my face "

LayneRaye (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this medication for one month and have never felt worse in my entire life. Before taking this pill I was an energetic and positive person. Now I am exhausted all the time and hit a wall at 4:00 every day. My confidence has plummeted and I am experiencing extreme mood swings/anxiety/depressive symptoms. I have never experienced anxiety prior to taking this birth control and I have had multiple intense panic attacks within the past month. Other side effects have been increased heart rate, tight chest/trouble breathing, & chronic headaches. I was put on yaz for my acne and it did help in some sense, but it is not worth feeling like crap 24/7."

becaC1995 August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I switched to yaz from alesse because I heard it was better for acne. It did wonders for my skin and only having a 4 day period was nice too. However, I did notice that I was more emotional and had crazy mood swings, I found myself crying for no reason (not very good for my relationship either). I didn't gain any weight, and had no other side effects. I only switched back to alesse because my doctor expressed a concern about the blood clots possible with this birth control, otherwise I wouldn't have switched. Goodluck!!"

Anonymous August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have taken YAZ for just over 6 months now and I have seen no improvement in my skin. I don't have severe ache, I never have but I do suffer from constant congested skin that no cleanser/exfoliator can fix. Mainly whiteheads, heaps and heaps of them mainly on my chin which always turn into zits. Never ending cycle of zits. On YAZ I don't feel any period pain during my cycle and my period is light but I have found that recently, few days before I get my period I break out in acne all over my chin which has spread to my cheeks and it takes nearly until my next period to fully clear. I waited 6+ months to see an improvement in my hormonal skin with YAZ but I have seen none so I'm changing."

AJS21 August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Give it a full 3 months!!! I had severe hormonal acne + pustules all over my face, specifically on my cheeks and jawline, when I got prescribed yaz. The first month was absolutely terrible and I broke out all over my forehead, back and chest... I was literally scared to leave the house. In the second month, it was just as bad but new pimples weren't surfacing as often. Month 3: I had small pimples on my face and everywhere else had cleared up, but it wasn't till the end of my 3rd pack that my face cleared up completely. I'm now in the middle of month 4 and my face is completely clear!!!! I can go out in public without makeup and finally feel confident! Also, I have experienced no side effects except bigger boobs lol"

rdins (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched from Mononessa to Yaz. After the horrible experience I had with Mononessa, Yaz was amazing! It was all good until the beginning of my 4th year of being on it. My body got used to Yaz. I noticed a drastic change in my sex drive(like no sex drive at all, my poor BF), and insane mood swings and starting to feel sadness. I went to the doctor, today actually, and asked her to switch and now I am trying Microgestin in one month after I get my period again. I am nervous since I am reading a lot about the weight gain and mood swings and low sex drive involved with Microgestin which is what I'm trying to get away from. But good thing is, I can always go back and keep trying since there are thousands of birth controls out there. Goodluck!"

BirthControlUser July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I was on Yaz for about 4 months. In the beginning, it was terrible. I've never been so depressed, moody. I almost lost my fiancé because of it. Even now, while I'm still on it, I cry often and feel depressed and insecure. However, it didn't make me gain weight, which was my issue with other birth controls in the past. I just switched today to Reclepsin, so we'll see how it goes, but the SEVERITY of my depression on Yaz can't be stressed enough. It killed me! (And caused me to bleed out on my wedding, honeymoon, and for two weeks after... so much for sex, right?)"

lovelylu12 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "22 year old with a history of anxiety, and have found absolutely no issues with Yaz. Decided to make the switch after feeling overly emotional on Levlen. Was a little reluctant after reading reviews, but haven't experienced any side-effects at all, or at least if I have, they've been too minimal for me to notice!"

allie2100 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 42 years old I was given generic birth control for yaz not to prevent pregnancy but to help me with my hotflashes and irregular periods. I was on for 1 year & 1/2 years and I notice I was developing muscle leg cramping , red spider veins on my legs. I read how it could be dangerous if you develop blood clot because of birthcontrol I discontinue the use but now I'm back of hotflashes no leg cramping but hotflashing Are very uncomfortable I get moody any one knows what I can use to help me with hotflashes ..please help"

Msgalvan39 July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for about 6 months. A couple weeks ago I was finding it hard to breathe and having chest pains. To my complete surprise, doctors found I had multiple blood clots in both my lungs blocking almost my entire airway and admitted me into hospital straight away. I am a healthy 23 year old and doctors said they have never seen a PE (Pulmonary Embolism) as bad as mine. Tests came back confirming that the clots were caused from my YAZ pill. They told me that had I waited a couple more days I could have dropped down dead without any warning. Very scary to know the pill can cause this much damage to the body, I don't know how they are still producing and selling this pill. After my near death experience, I will NEVER recommend this pill"

geegeekate June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Yaz gave me horrible mood swings, depression, headache, sickness, leg cramp, hair loss, slow foggy brain, etc. I lost 1/4 of my hair. I'd feel so much headache to the point my brain became foggy when I tried to work. I couldn't read and think as fast as I could before I took the pill. It hurt my work performance and gave me horrible headaches and body cramps. My leg hurt really badly possibly due to blood clot. I quit it but got 5 big endometrial polyps while using yaz although something else might have caused them. I had surgery to remove them few months ago and I have been sick and weak ever since, became anemic, and couldn't work for months. I get super dizzy from anemia at work now. My body isn't like it used to be"

Jenny from the block June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Acne is worse, migraines are worse, gained weight. Helped with pmdd. I switched back to aubra last week and my acne completely cleared in 5 days and I feel less bloated. I'm sticking with Aubra!"

Yogini_b (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience with Yaz wasn't great. While it eliminated my migraine headaches and made my period shorter, lighter, and diminished PMS symptoms - it gave me an awful intermittent tingling sensation in and around my extremities, a dull pain at the base of my skull, vertigo, heart racing and dizzy spells; not to mention a few near syncope experiences - one of which landed me in the ER. My OBGYN tells me I'm "pill sensitive." I was on Yaz for only three weeks from March-April. I am a 32 year old, slender, busy career-oriented woman. I did not gain weight on this pill. In fact, I believe it suppressed my appetite and I lost about five pounds while on it. Sensitive women may be disappointed. Still recovering from scary symptoms."

Titi Sophie (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "(Continuation) It was on the fourth month, my condition got better but still with bouts of migraine and what I noticed is that I somehow smell "down there". Though my BV was treated more than five months ago, I became worried about it. Before the fifth pack, I forgot to take a pill so I had to follow how to continue it. I stopped by the fifth pack because I simply couldn't take it anymore. Migraine was so severe and depression and anxiety made me feel restless. I bled again. The smell of my discharge is not really good like there was something rotten (I don't use tampon). I gained weight too. Though I have lesser acne. But I can't prolong my agony anymore so I stopped."

madis April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Best hormonal contraception I've tried. Originally used the cheap Levlen brand, which made me emotional and gain weight. Also tried Implanon, the arm implant, but continually spotted for a year before having it removed. Nurse prescribed Yaz for me after an unwanted pregnancy. It made my periods lighter and shorter, and not as painful; I have no side effects or mood swings; my skin is clearer, and I haven't added any weight because of it. I like that it has 24 active pills and I often skip periods. The only downside is the price - it's quite expensive in Australia."

Pixie14 April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I used ortho-tri-cyclen-lo from 16-18yo. My periods were easy without any side effects. By mid 18yo I was experiencing painful and heavy periods, with strong emotional swings. My emotions became unpredictable, extremely reactive, and at times I experienced deep depression and strong suicidal thoughts - completely contrary to my personality and traits. My parents requested I leave university, until that night we read about YAZ studies. YAZ was the ONLY birth control with proven study results showing YAZ helps to control PMDD, which described exactly what I was experiencing. YAZ was immediately successful. 3.5 years later I am still on YAZ and graduating with a Neuroscience degree. P.S. Generic yaz experience was unsuccessful. 03/31/17"

Life changing results (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I started having PMDD when I was 24, I would be depressed and suicidal for 3 weeks every month, and I knew those feelings were not real so I try to fight it by exercising/yoga/massage/oils. After 3 years I finally decided to try birth control. I've read bad reviews about Yaz but it's what doctors recommend for PMDD. I decided to give it a shot. The first week I felt nauseous with migraines. But on the first month my suicidal idealisations are gone and I felt like I'm just having normal PMS. I'm starting my 3rd pack, and really happy with the results."

GraceA March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It was horrible for me! It sank me into a VERY deep depression after being on it for a few months. I stayed in bed crying all night for no reason. I stopped taking it and the depression was gone. I would NEVER take Yaz ever again!"

Jane D March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on Yaz for 18 days now. I struggled with a sudden constant acne breakout on my chin (hormones). Doctor prescribed Yaz, especially to help with the acne. I am very happy with how the pill improved my skin. I've noticed I can't drink the pill on a empty stomach (otherwise I am really nauseous). The only side effect I experience is the constant swelling of breasts. Some days it's very sensitive other days not. Yaz workers differently for every person."

Marinds (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017