User Reviews for Yaz

Birth Control 252 reviews 295 medications

6.1
Summary of Yaz reviews 439 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I only took this medication for about 10 days, but I heard horror stories about birth control so was scared of taking it, but really it caused nothing major, just a bit of nausea that I could easily handle with some ginger tea. no sudden water weight gain, no acne, but I was a short while on this medication, the thing is it made me quite emotional in the last few days and , but probably it is that I am just in an emotional period of my life and the pill made my emotions a bit more raw, I just did not want to deal with that and stopped. But I think the benefits outweigh the these mild side effects, and it felt like they will subside if I continued taking the pill. try it."

kali27 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

For Acne "I started taking yaz because of my severe acne, I've had acne now for about 7 years straight I'm now 20 years old and Ive never been able to get rid of it. My GP prescribed me YAZ and I've heard really good stories about this particular pill brand, I took this pill for about the 3 months and my god it made my skin break out completely it was horrible my face was sore to touch because of how big my pimples were and most of them were underneath the skin which was worse. I since then have stopped and gone to a dermatologist (skin specialist) and have been prescribed Minocycline which is an antibiotic and its 100% cleared my skin completely. Note *** I didn't gain weight on this YAZ."

Rach2020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2017

For Birth Control "Hi, I'm 24 years old, healthy, and known for my fitness regime. I've been taking Yaz for three weeks now and it is horrible. I have a history of mental health issues and this medicine made me severely depressed and suicidal. I lost all interest in my activities and it is hard for me to talk to people anymore. I also gained a little weight, got hives, and regularly have stomach pains now. I'm not sure if I should continue with this medicine. I'm going to talk to my doctor. But, I know medicine doesn't necessarily work the same for everyone, so I wanted to share my experience. Talk to your doctor about the risks before taking Yaz."

0007Tay February 12, 2017

"Was on bc when I was 18, had every side effect possible with the pill stayed on it about 3 weeks. Was afraid to start bc again because past experiences, I'm 25 now and was recommended yas because of adult acne after pregnancy. The first 3 months were fine no side effects and face has been clearing up great. 2 weeks into month 4 and I have literally gained over half a stone in 2 weeks and severe bloating. I've been bleeding for the last 3 weeks. Don't know what's going on but I'm stopping it as of now. Would not recommend this."

Dally24 February 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I've had nothing but positive experiences since I started taking Yaz in 2009. Clear skin, light or no periods, and of course no babies. I haven't had any negative side effects like weight gain or mood swings."

Kat-h February 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I take this medicine for endometriosis and to prevent ovarian cysts. Since taking it, I have have had far less pain and no cysts. As a bonus, it cleared up my bad skin. I experienced fewer side effects than other pills I have taken. The main side effect I have experienced is decreased sex drive which is unfortunate but it beats the pain from endometriosis or cysts."

xoya (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2017

For Birth Control "Do not take this bc. The hormone in this pill has a bad habit of lowering testosterone in women. That may sound like a good thing, but if you are a woman with normal to low levels already, further lowering will cause low energy, low motivation, low sex drive, and feeling generally crappy. I took this for four days and slept 24 hours on the last day. I'm done with it. I hope I stopped soon enough, these effects can be permanent in some women. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with having your testosterone levels checked first, if you even find a doctor that will."

Hwiese (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2017

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Hi I'm 43 year my PMDD become worse the older I get. I use to be a bit moody 2 days before my cycle, now I'm a raving lunatic 1 week before and 2 days into the cycle. Only to start again before I enter the ovulation phase. I feel happy go lucky maybe 1 week per month the rest of the time I can't stand being me. I'm starting YAZ today wish me luck. I'll report back in a few weeks."

:) January 14, 2017

For Acne "I have been taking Yaz for 2 weeks now. I get breakouts but they go away quickly and come back. I was still willing to give it a chance. I am stopping because I have become depressed, exhausted, negative and I over analyze things which means I over react and I'm very emotional. This is affecting my relationship and my work. I feel overwhelmed."

Dwarest January 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I took Yaz for 3 days and stopped immediately after that. On the 3rd day of taking Yaz, I experienced numbness and tingling in my left arm and hand. I felt some heart palpitations, but then it stopped. On day 4, I woke up still feeling that numbness and tingling, and started to feel my heart race so quickly, I also got shortness of breath. I felt sick, so I went to my pharmacist who told me to stop the pill and see a doctor. At this point, I started to feel a little better. I went to the medical clinic and saw a doctor who checked my heart rate, which turned out to be elevated. The rest of the check up was ok, said to go to hospital if Inhave bad reactions again. So sorry that I took this pill in the first place."

Abs80 January 13, 2017

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was prescribed this pill to treat PMS however, taking this medication was the worst experience of my life. It alleviated anxiety but it made me severely depressed and paranoid. I am a fairly active person and I would go running every day. As soon as I began to take the pill I lost motivation to do the things I enjoyed and it got to the point where I did not even want to leave the house. I also almost lost my job over it. I tried to quit three times in one week and luckily my employer would not let me end my career and encouraged me to stay. Taking this medication also damaged my relationships with my friends and my partner and almost costed me my relationship. Please do not take this medication. "

Bianca1987 December 28, 2016

For Birth Control "The only reason why I am giving it 2 stars is because it did clear my acne better than any product I have ever used. I got on it after my mirena was removed 4 months ago and it's the only pill form of birth control I have ever taken. However, as soon as I am done with my red pills I will not be taking it anymore. It has made me a lunatic. I am so bipolar/emotionally unstable/depressed its not even funny!! I am destroying my relationship with my mood swings/instability. I'll be okay for a day or two and then I start feeling crazy again. I cry constantly for no reason. I'm even having nightmares almost every night. Hopefully switching to a different pill will help."

RACHAEL0627 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst mistake of my life. I was on Yaz for 3 months, my acne is worse than ever, I gained a lot of weight, my mental health has never been so bad - anxiety, depression, my self esteem is so low it's terrifying. I would not recommend this medication to anyone - but I understand everyone is different and some have had great experiences with Yaz. Unfortunately I was not one of them."

Chelle Seay December 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Yaz BC pills when I was 16 Years old. I am now 18 and still taking them and they have been a MIRACLE! When I was 16, I had LOTS of small, red acne all over my face, I tried and tried and tried with many topical creams to help reduce it and make them vanish, but nothing worked. (Although Benzyl Peroxide did help my acne on my forehead, but my cheeks/chin/mouth area was still horrible). My doctor prescribed me Yaz, and it honestly was the best decision. I started noticing my pimples vanishing after the first month of taking it. The only downside about this pill for me is, I am now 18 and have horrible mood swings. I get mad at people for no reason, and cry over nothing. After 2 years, I am gonna take a break from taking it."

Dxo December 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for 2 months and started to become anxious, paranoid, and depreesed. I asked my doc to get off it and she told me to give it more time. I got off it, nevertheless, because I did not need it. My life improved dramatically over the next 6 months. I started dating again, so I decided to give the pill another shot. I started to be anxious and insecure immediately. I started believing and accusing the person I was seeing of not being into me and got upset at him over the littlest things. A week before my period I went into full anxious and depression mode. It felt like the world was ending. I also experienced severe cramps, migraines, and bled for 2 weeks. I am now off this drug for 2 days and noticed an immediate difference."

HT2283 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on it for 2 months and got extremely moody, emotional, anxious, and tired. I went to my OBGYN, and asked her if I should stop it. I was told to give it more time. I am normally a bubbly happy person, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Nevertheless, I stopped the pill because I didn't need it. After I got off it, I had the best 6 months of my life where I was happy confident. I started dating someone and went on the pill again 5 weeks ago. I started feeling insecure, anxious, paranoid and started believing and accusing him of not being into me and got mad at him at little things. I had heavy bleeding for 2 weeks straight and a week before my period I went into depression and had severe migraines. Will not take this drug ever again"

HT83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016

For Birth Control "This was the second BC I have ever taken. It was absolutely terrible. I have always had light periods (panty liner light) and no cramps. When I took this birth control I had such horrible cramps that I kept throwing up. I continued to take it, but after bleeding like a water fall for a week and a half I called my doctor. She told me that I had to finish taking it for a month or else I had the possibility of bleeding to death. So I bled the entire month. I didn't receive another period until 3 months later. Don't take this birth control"

Lady98 December 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I used Yaz over a year. After a while I started to get random sudden pains in my arms and legs. Once my finger got clogged. I could even see blue spot under skin and my fingertip went white and numb. But luckily it went away. But the worst was my knees started to hurt a lot, doctors didn´t know why. I coulnd´t bend my knees or walk without pain. It lasted about two months. And then I assumed it was because of the pills. I quit Yaz and after some time pain was gone, also I haven´t had any random pain attack in my arms or legs. Quality of life improved dramatically. Haven´t had courage to use any birth control pill after that."

Nelly123 December 13, 2016

For Acne "I've had mild to moderate acne since I was 14 (now 24, 10 yrs!) and I've tried EVERYTHING but nothing seemed to cure my acne for the long run. It started getting worse in my 20s and I was determined that it was a hormonal imbalance. After some research I decided to try Yaz... I really wish I hadn't. I was on it for 3 mths and 1 week, taking it every day at the same time. For the first 6 weeks, there were no changes. After that until I stopped... my acne just kept getting aggressively worse and worse with no signs of improvement. I've never seen my skin so bad in my life! Clogged pores, cysts, blackheads, whiteheads, pustules started popping up almost daily even in places I've never had acne. Just didn't work for me. :("

Anonymous December 13, 2016

For Acne "I'm 27 years old and I have always had beautiful skin until recently. I started taking yaz two months ago for my severe acne. I'm all honesty I don't see any difference . My face itches terribly everyday and my acne seems to get even worse. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so self conscious and I can't even look people in the eye because I don't feel or look beautiful any longer. Please help"

SOS please........ December 12, 2016

For Acne "I used Yaz when I was in varsity as I had SEVERE acne. it took a couple of months to clear but when it did, my skin was completely clear!! I used it straight through for about 8 years. I decided to stop using it for about a year as I am much older now and assumed my hormones were in balance. It took about 4 months for my acne to start re-appearing and now its worse than ever again!! So I'm going back on Yaz and I'm on month two and my acne keeps worsening each day! I'm just trying to be patient and hopefully soon it will clear my skin again! I guess Accutane will be my option for a permanent solution because I cannot be on the pill for life!! *Hopeful for a clear skin soon*"

AkuaB December 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on yaz for about 8 years. Used to love it. Only use it to control my period and symptoms from PCOS. I'm 38 with no kids (don't want any...crazy busy correctional nurse!) And a part time smoker. I've had quite a bit of spotting especially after intercourse which is actually active bleeding. My mood is quite crazy too lately. My gyno wants me to try this IUD but I refuse. I'm scared to go off this pill now. Anyone with these issues? I'm tempting to get a hysterectomy or partial....suggestions?"

Lacang December 8, 2016

For Birth Control "Switched from my old BC to yaz and immediately felt a difference the first few days I was SO emotional. VERY significantly so. By the end of the first week I was full on depressed and it continued on to the second week. Everything triggered me. :( but I like the sticker on the top with the days."

Ggchen December 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I first took Yaz when I was 17. It was my first time taking birth control so I didn't know what to expect, but it was HORRIBLE. Everyday I took Yaz I fell sick with nausea and couldn't do much of anything without the fear of throwing up. Finally, when my symptoms obviously were not going away, mom called my doctor and told them that I needed something else. They then prescribed me Loryna. I never had any problems with it, and I've been taking it for three years. Unfortunately, due to a change in my insurance, I had to stop taking Loryna because it wouldn't be covered anymore. So today, I found a package on my doorstep, and inside was Yaz. I'm too terrified to start taking it again, so I need to talk to my doctor as soon as I get the chance."

Lorelei95 December 4, 2016

For Acne "Yaz made me a crazy person. I literally felt out of control every few days and it felt like my emotions were not my own. I basically destroyed my relationship and it's hanging on by a thread. I stopped taking it in the middle of the month because I couldn't take it anymore. I did a bunch of stuff I would never do normally and I am looking back on all of it and it feels like a fog."

bbcks November 28, 2016