User Reviews for Yaz

6.1
Menstrual Disorders 39 reviews 71 medications

Summary of Yaz reviews 460 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I switched from Mononessa to Yaz. After the horrible experience I had with Mononessa, Yaz was amazing! It was all good until the beginning of my 4th year of being on it. My body got used to Yaz. I noticed a drastic change in my sex drive(like no sex drive at all, my poor BF), and insane mood swings and starting to feel sadness. I went to the doctor, today actually, and asked her to switch and now I am trying Microgestin in one month after I get my period again. I am nervous since I am reading a lot about the weight gain and mood swings and low sex drive involved with Microgestin which is what I'm trying to get away from. But good thing is, I can always go back and keep trying since there are thousands of birth controls out there. Goodluck!"

BirthControlUser July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 42 years old I was given generic birth control for yaz not to prevent pregnancy but to help me with my hotflashes and irregular periods. I was on for 1 year & 1/2 years and I notice I was developing muscle leg cramping , red spider veins on my legs. I read how it could be dangerous if you develop blood clot because of birthcontrol I discontinue the use but now I'm back of hotflashes no leg cramping but hotflashing Are very uncomfortable I get moody any one knows what I can use to help me with hotflashes ..please help"

Msgalvan39 July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for about 6 months. A couple weeks ago I was finding it hard to breathe and having chest pains. To my complete surprise, doctors found I had multiple blood clots in both my lungs blocking almost my entire airway and admitted me into hospital straight away. I am a healthy 23 year old and doctors said they have never seen a PE (Pulmonary Embolism) as bad as mine. Tests came back confirming that the clots were caused from my YAZ pill. They told me that had I waited a couple more days I could have dropped down dead without any warning. Very scary to know the pill can cause this much damage to the body, I don't know how they are still producing and selling this pill. After my near death experience, I will NEVER recommend this pill"

geegeekate June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Yaz gave me horrible mood swings, depression, headache, sickness, leg cramp, hair loss, slow foggy brain, etc. I lost 1/4 of my hair. I'd feel so much headache to the point my brain became foggy when I tried to work. I couldn't read and think as fast as I could before I took the pill. It hurt my work performance and gave me horrible headaches and body cramps. My leg hurt really badly possibly due to blood clot. I quit it but got 5 big endometrial polyps while using yaz although something else might have caused them. I had surgery to remove them few months ago and I have been sick and weak ever since, became anemic, and couldn't work for months. I get super dizzy from anemia at work now. My body isn't like it used to be"

Jenny from the block June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Acne is worse, migraines are worse, gained weight. Helped with pmdd. I switched back to aubra last week and my acne completely cleared in 5 days and I feel less bloated. I'm sticking with Aubra!"

Yogini_b (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience with Yaz wasn't great. While it eliminated my migraine headaches and made my period shorter, lighter, and diminished PMS symptoms - it gave me an awful intermittent tingling sensation in and around my extremities, a dull pain at the base of my skull, vertigo, heart racing and dizzy spells; not to mention a few near syncope experiences - one of which landed me in the ER. My OBGYN tells me I'm "pill sensitive." I was on Yaz for only three weeks from March-April. I am a 32 year old, slender, busy career-oriented woman. I did not gain weight on this pill. In fact, I believe it suppressed my appetite and I lost about five pounds while on it. Sensitive women may be disappointed. Still recovering from scary symptoms."

Titi Sophie (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "(Continuation) It was on the fourth month, my condition got better but still with bouts of migraine and what I noticed is that I somehow smell "down there". Though my BV was treated more than five months ago, I became worried about it. Before the fifth pack, I forgot to take a pill so I had to follow how to continue it. I stopped by the fifth pack because I simply couldn't take it anymore. Migraine was so severe and depression and anxiety made me feel restless. I bled again. The smell of my discharge is not really good like there was something rotten (I don't use tampon). I gained weight too. Though I have lesser acne. But I can't prolong my agony anymore so I stopped."

madis April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Best hormonal contraception I've tried. Originally used the cheap Levlen brand, which made me emotional and gain weight. Also tried Implanon, the arm implant, but continually spotted for a year before having it removed. Nurse prescribed Yaz for me after an unwanted pregnancy. It made my periods lighter and shorter, and not as painful; I have no side effects or mood swings; my skin is clearer, and I haven't added any weight because of it. I like that it has 24 active pills and I often skip periods. The only downside is the price - it's quite expensive in Australia."

Pixie14 April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I used ortho-tri-cyclen-lo from 16-18yo. My periods were easy without any side effects. By mid 18yo I was experiencing painful and heavy periods, with strong emotional swings. My emotions became unpredictable, extremely reactive, and at times I experienced deep depression and strong suicidal thoughts - completely contrary to my personality and traits. My parents requested I leave university, until that night we read about YAZ studies. YAZ was the ONLY birth control with proven study results showing YAZ helps to control PMDD, which described exactly what I was experiencing. YAZ was immediately successful. 3.5 years later I am still on YAZ and graduating with a Neuroscience degree. P.S. Generic yaz experience was unsuccessful. 03/31/17"

Life changing results (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I started having PMDD when I was 24, I would be depressed and suicidal for 3 weeks every month, and I knew those feelings were not real so I try to fight it by exercising/yoga/massage/oils. After 3 years I finally decided to try birth control. I've read bad reviews about Yaz but it's what doctors recommend for PMDD. I decided to give it a shot. The first week I felt nauseous with migraines. But on the first month my suicidal idealisations are gone and I felt like I'm just having normal PMS. I'm starting my 3rd pack, and really happy with the results."

GraceA March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It was horrible for me! It sank me into a VERY deep depression after being on it for a few months. I stayed in bed crying all night for no reason. I stopped taking it and the depression was gone. I would NEVER take Yaz ever again!"

Jane D March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on Yaz for 18 days now. I struggled with a sudden constant acne breakout on my chin (hormones). Doctor prescribed Yaz, especially to help with the acne. I am very happy with how the pill improved my skin. I've noticed I can't drink the pill on a empty stomach (otherwise I am really nauseous). The only side effect I experience is the constant swelling of breasts. Some days it's very sensitive other days not. Yaz workers differently for every person."

Marinds (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was really shocked when I read some of the reviews about this pill. I've been using it for almost 3 years. I've never experienced something negative about it. I felt the same as before emotionally, no changes in moods, nothing. The only thing that changed is that my periods are shorter and now I don't have to use drugs to prevent menstrual cramps, because there are none. My skin has been always clear, even before taking pills. Honestly, there is nothing bad to say about my experience with it."

Akali (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am almost 25 years old and have been taking Yaz or Beyaz for the past 4 years. I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 14 and have tried various other birth controls with no relief of my endometriosis. When my doctor prescribed Yaz I was hesitant at first because of the commercials talking about blood clots but decided to try it anyway. Yaz and Beyaz have literally been life savers for me. I used to have cramps so bad I was unable to attend school or work. My periods would also be a full week long and heavy bleeding the entire time. Since getting on Yaz I do still have some cramping but it is manageable with midol. My periods are now 3 days long, with only one day that's heavier. I don't have any complaints!"

Britt402 March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on for a month and totally love it. Skin is clear, no weight changes, and actually my mood is a little better overall."

Mel772211 March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on the yaz contraceptive pill for only around 6-8 months, but it was the worst experience. I complained about acne to my doctor and she recommended it, but I did not notice a drastic difference in my breakouts while on the pill. I had been on alesse for 2 years before switching to yaz so I was well aware of some of the side affects to birth control pill use. When I switched to yaz I honestly felt miserable and immediately noticed my sex drive decreased drastically and I had low energy all the time. I had never felt that way while on alesse and I thought perhaps it was only a side effect to just starting the new pill. However, in the entire time I was taking yaz my mood did not change and I felt it best to switch back to alesse."

lii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for about 3 weeks now and I am an emotional wreck, but all birth controls that I have been on have had me like this. My face is clearing up I think and my hair is growing, but my emotions get the best of me. I feel like a crazy person crying one minute and fine the next. I get upset over the smallest things and I hate it. Also, My sex drive is super low. This sucks honestly"

Myy March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 26 years old and have been using Yaz as a contraceptive for 1 year now (2016-2017). I had been taking it previously from 2013-2014 (prescribed to me 1st, for menstrual cramps and oily/hormonal breakout skin). I was completely off Yaz in 2015 after noticing extreme side effects and am sharing this to let women know they're not alone in this whirlwind of emotion this Pill brings along. I must say that it indeed cleared my skin and turned my menstrual flow into hardly anything and for 2 days only. Cramps still come... It started off with a noticeable shift in controlling anger/getting irritated really quickly. Then emotions heightening, most turning into major emotional breakdowns and then SEVERE anxiety."

Rikki_South Africa March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I found this pill at the start to be amazing and fit me to the best. But later discovered it is not for me.. I'm now switching pills to see if I can bring back my old self. I have taken YAZ for 14 months and am now taking my month which will make it 15 months. To say I'm tired is not the word and shifting weight is near impossible. I have exercised and dieted with nothing more than a pound gained or the scale not moving. I also have in between bleeding. After taking the 15th day I am guaranteed brown discharge and then some spotting, which I shouldn't be getting. My period now as been the worse I have ever gotten in a long time."

ElleBells (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the worst drug I have ever taken. Two weeks after taking it my breast swell up they wore so painful I can hardly work... I had problems bleeding last night and I feel most of my body itching... my waist hurts... my energy levels are so low it feel like I am so sick... I feel cold and depressed .... I never feel so bad"

Maria Georgieva (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hi! I've been taking YAZ since 2008 and I've had no issues at all! Very clear skin, no weight gain, little to no period, no changes in my personality or mood... nothing! Only time I came off was when we were TTC :-)"

Beth1990 February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I only took this medication for about 10 days, but I heard horror stories about birth control so was scared of taking it, but really it caused nothing major, just a bit of nausea that I could easily handle with some ginger tea. no sudden water weight gain, no acne, but I was a short while on this medication, the thing is it made me quite emotional in the last few days and , but probably it is that I am just in an emotional period of my life and the pill made my emotions a bit more raw, I just did not want to deal with that and stopped. But I think the benefits outweigh the these mild side effects, and it felt like they will subside if I continued taking the pill. try it."

kali27 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started taking yaz because of my severe acne, I've had acne now for about 7 years straight I'm now 20 years old and Ive never been able to get rid of it. My GP prescribed me YAZ and I've heard really good stories about this particular pill brand, I took this pill for about the 3 months and my god it made my skin break out completely it was horrible my face was sore to touch because of how big my pimples were and most of them were underneath the skin which was worse. I since then have stopped and gone to a dermatologist (skin specialist) and have been prescribed Minocycline which is an antibiotic and its 100% cleared my skin completely. Note *** I didn't gain weight on this YAZ."

Rach2020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hi, I'm 24 years old, healthy, and known for my fitness regime. I've been taking Yaz for three weeks now and it is horrible. I have a history of mental health issues and this medicine made me severely depressed and suicidal. I lost all interest in my activities and it is hard for me to talk to people anymore. I also gained a little weight, got hives, and regularly have stomach pains now. I'm not sure if I should continue with this medicine. I'm going to talk to my doctor. But, I know medicine doesn't necessarily work the same for everyone, so I wanted to share my experience. Talk to your doctor about the risks before taking Yaz."

0007Tay February 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was on bc when I was 18, had every side effect possible with the pill stayed on it about 3 weeks. Was afraid to start bc again because past experiences, I'm 25 now and was recommended yas because of adult acne after pregnancy. The first 3 months were fine no side effects and face has been clearing up great. 2 weeks into month 4 and I have literally gained over half a stone in 2 weeks and severe bloating. I've been bleeding for the last 3 weeks. Don't know what's going on but I'm stopping it as of now. Would not recommend this."

Dally24 February 11, 2017