User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 34 reviews 71 medications

6.4
Summary of Yaz reviews 387 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I was on yaz from the time I was 16 to 22. I never really had and acne except the occasional pimple before my period. I had no break through bleeding even if I skipped my period and took my pills back to back. I had no depression or mood swings outside the normal period mood swings. I did notice a decreased libido and this wasn't until after I went off the pill for a month. I didn't realize how much better I felt coming off the pill. (until about the third week of coming off of it). This was the first and only birth control I tried and it worked for me. I decided to switch because I had been on it so long and thought maybe that was the reason for the decreased sex drive. That is really the only negative thing I have to say about yaz."

Brook212 August 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on week 3 of yaz and I can't impress enough how it has exacerbated my depression. I am crying constantly, I'm getting cramps like there's no tomorrow and feeling nauseous randomly. I don't think regulating my period is worth the feeling of hopelessness, the lack of motivation and general low feeling I am emersed in after only 3 weeks!"

Sweetpea12 August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was horrid. I had irregular periods with a very heavy flow, mood swings, depression, anxiety, anger issues, cramps, etc. This is the worst pill I've ever taken. Gave it a 3 because it worked as a birth control but other than that it's a 1"

Leannnn13 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz Plus for about a month now. I was worried at first from hearing about the blood clots, however, I find that there was not much to worry about. My first experience was breaking out. A lot. I also found my period to extend much longer, spotting for another 5 days after and I was getting a little worried but after 2 weeks of that, everything got better. My skin cleared up (any other breakouts was mostly from the heat) and it didn't really cause any cramps. I didn't find my sex drive to be any less than it was before and overall, positive experience so far."

Ledan August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for a little over 4 months and have been surprisingly happy with it. I had mood swings and was pretty emotional for the first 2 months but it really has gone away. I was also bleeding a little irregularly at first but that also went away. The only complaint I have is that it has killed my sex drive and is causing problems in my relationship. I can't really ever get wet anymore which never used to be an issue. For that reason, I am switching to Paraguard which is non hormonal. I really wish it didn't cause me that problem because otherwise I love it!"

Katie10245zzz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I'm just simply amazed and I hope this continues to work. I've only taken 2 doses of yaz and I went from constantly struggling with physical and emotional symptoms of pmdd and overall hormonal imbalancement to feeling much more at peace with myself. I feel lite and my body feels calm. I had anxiety, anger, I was hyper sensitive and so negative- I felt it physically. I would physically shake from anger. I could feel my uterus contract and cramp up when I got hurt and was angry. My pmdd had started early just 3 days ago when my breasts just felt so heavy with cysts that were so painful - it hurt to just get out of bed. I could sleep all day. I was cranky and could not stand being touched by my BF. Constipation and lots of gas as well."

EvaGurl (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for about three years now. The first few months were terrible. I broke out, had severe mood swings, I'd cry for no reason. After month four I felt completely fine. No more mood swings or acne outbreaks. My period got lighter, I stopped cramping as much. The only problem I have now is that I don't get as wet as I used to. But that's what lube is for. And hey, I'm not pregnant. So it's doing its job."

GraceG August 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I haven't been on the pills for a month yet, 3 weeks, and I'm going to try and stay on them for at least 2 months and if I don't see an improvement I'm probably going to change my prescription. I feel nauseous at least 30 minutes a day and now that I've gotten my period it's gotten 10x worse. Good helps for maybe 10 short minutes and I'm back to feeling gross and sick. I'm constantly tired yet it's so difficult for me to sleep. And my cramps have gotten worse, I didn't even think it was possible. My back and abdomin cramp at the same time (that's usual) and normally the only way to get rid of them is heat, so I take a bath and not even that is helping and of course the heat would make me more nauseous. Has anyone had this problem?"

Lacii August 3, 2016

For Acne "I went on yaz about 2 to 3 years ago to cure acne and very heavy periods. It worked brilliantly for both but it has caused extreme weight gain for me. I gained 10kg (around 20lbs) in the first few months and now I am considered overweight on the BMI for the first time in my life. I have tried everything from gym to cutting out carbs and can't lose any weight. I put this down to being a Estrogen Dominant pill. I just had my period and do not plan to go back on it."

MummaR (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm a full-time athlete, never really struggled with acne but wanted to experience a birth control as my periods were irregular which disrupted my trainings and travel. I've never really suffered from acne in my life but the first month being on Yaz I had experienced the most pimples I've ever had. Now I'm left with scars. Now onto my second month I am seeing slow improvement, still getting a few pimples. I have put on 2kg which I'm not completely sure if it's been this pill or that I have increased my weights by a great margin..My boobs have also seen a significant increase in size.In the last month I have experienced,migraines,headaches,nausea. Not sure how this pill is going to play out but if no improvement is seen after 3 mnths im out"

Anonymous July 28, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was diagnosed with PMDD 3 years ago by my gynecologist & was prescribed YAZ. Let me just say that it changed my hormones to a more controllable manner. I love YAZ & I cannot live without it (honestly) without YAZ I have severe depression during ovulation & cannot get out of bed. PMDD was interfering with my day to day life & relationships. After 3 months of taking YAZ I felt 100% better, I know that every medication has side effects but I didn't get any on YAZ. I came off YAZ after my wedding to try fall a baby & fell pregnant within 8 weeks. I have now given birth & straight back on it as I wouldn't be able to go through PMDD with a new born baby."

Adriana33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 18 years old. I am on month 4 of this pill and will be discontinuing its use once this pack is done. It cleared up my acne completely by month 3, which is why I am on it, but the mood swings are not worth clear skin. Im prone to anxiety, but my depression and anxiety have sky-rocketed, I feel completely hopeless and have panic attacks every day. My heart is always racing, and I also feel nauseated so easily. This pill makes me feel like Im going insane. Feeling this bad is not worth clear skin, but I give it a 3 only because it did clear up my acne amazingly. Would not recommend."

Anonymous July 20, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I've been on Yaz for 7 months now, and I am extremely happy with it. I was always a ravenous, aching, emotional mess before my period. It was hard for me to function, and when I was in uni since I could skip classes and lie in bed and cry. I couldn't do that when I started working though. Yaz now makes me a functional human being every day of the month, and even gave me clear skin and an increase in appetite as add-on rewards! The adjustment period was shitty for me because I breakthrough bled my way through my first three months on Yaz, had really bad mood swings that came without notice, and then had a two-week long period. After that period, though, my body has accepted Yaz as its own, and my life is stellar!"

Hafiraz July 20, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I was taking this pill for pcos..i was fine for the 1st 24 days...after the 4 days of not taking it i then resumed and i started bleeding but the pain that has come with it is unbearable im now going onto my 5th day of intense pain..i too have taking myself off this pill and i hope the pain subsides soon."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I was recently put on birth control for the first time. I am 24 years old and have always had heavy periods with severe cramping on the front end of my cycle. I chose this BC not only for these symptoms and contraception, but also for acne. I didn't see a major change in the acne. My period was much much lighter lasting about 3-4 days and the cramping was much more tolerable.... HOWEVER, this pill made me crazy. After a few weeks, I experienced EXTREME mood swings. I would uncontrollably cry and become very irrational, which is something I have never experienced before. My boyfriend quickly picked up on my emotional instability and said I was no longer acting like myself. Needless to say.. after 6 weeks, I am calling it quits."

Stephanie2107 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Im 20 yr old and have been on birth control for 2 yr now ive tried every pill and even the implant each of them have cause horrid pains and bleeding, i havent got pregnant but experience bad moods and weight gain, nodoctor can seem to help its very frustrating that each doctors visit ive only been prescribed a higher dosage of the pill (now yaz) i feel like the only person who is experiencing this and if the doctors cant help what the heck am i supposed to do"

Helplessvag June 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for 3 months. The heavy bleeding, agony and cramps have all stopped. Plus the cravings. Although I feel very low and depressed. I seem to be overly sensitive and raw all the time. It's becoming harder to contain myself around loved ones as I am so emotional and seem to snap at everything and everyone. I would seriously recommend wheather this is the right option if you suffer from mental health issues or you are prone to it. I generally do feel anxious without the pill, although I have been feeling depressed recently, and it's dreadful"

Fateemah June 20, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I was taking this pill for PCOS and heavy periods, and also birth control. While it helped my period become regular (which is very, very nice), and I guess lightened my period (but not by much), the side effects are just too much. I've never had such intense breast pain in my life (I even tested for pregnancy to be sure I wasn't missing something), acne that I never had even as a teenager has been plaguing me, and my mood swings are awful. I switch from happy to angry and depressed within minutes, which isn't like me at all. I'm moving off this pill thank the Lord."

NickyKM (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

For Acne "I struggled with acne all of high school. It wasn't extreme in any way, but it was definitely a problem. I tried 2 different antibiotics and then 3 birth controls before yaz. The first 3 months I noticed a slow improvement in my skin. By the third month it was at least 10x better. I haven't gotten any more large pimples, and I used to get occasional patches of acne, and I haven't yet. It really has been great!"

sarah111111111 June 19, 2016

For Acne "Okay, so I started Yaz because I had really bad cystic acne that would not go away, no matter what I did, as well as irregular, heavy periods. So I went to my doctor and they put me on it. Did it work? Well, yes and no. My acne was worse than ever for a couple months, though it has pretty much gone away for good now. My periods are much lighter and regular, except for when I missed one. That didn't end well. I am three months in now, but then I heard that in Canada alone, many people have died from thrombosis directly linked to the use of Yaz. As such, I am discontinuing it as of the end of this month. As great as it is for my acne to be gone... A miracle cure for pimples is something I've decided isn't worth my life."

Mad Princess Mia June 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on yaz for 5 weeks i have put on 7kilos wake up to swollen fingers have sore hard breast completely no sex drive and the worst a week after taking yaz i got a chest infection thought was viral had antibiotics its now 4 weeks of chest infection googled yaz symptoms and saw it can cause upper respiratory infectuions omg couldn't belive a month of hardly being abile to breath time off work and doctors visits to descover its yaz causing it i stoped it today and have had a bad head ache tonight hope its out of my system quickly"

yelromhsat June 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Went on this just for birth control. My acne has always been mild, break out near period usually. When i started the pill i broke out for the first 2 months in places i don't normally break out (cystic too). It was pretty sad because i don't normally break out that bad. On my third pack now though and my skin is pretty much clear again. My period pain used to be severe though and now they are much better (period has always been regular and short, 3-4 days). I have increased a cup in breast size too. I haven't gained any weight or had any cravings since on the pill. However i have had a couple days where i would feel sad/moody for no reason, and get nausea randomly but not too bad."

bcreview (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I started Yaz about a year ago. First it wasn't too bad seeing as my previous pills made my legs swell some kind of crazy. But now into a year and 20 pounds heavier I've decided to come off of them. Between the weight gain, now swelling legs, being tired all the time, no sex drive, mood swings like no ones business, and random spotting, the only thing good that has came out of these pills is the fact I haven't gotten pregnant."

Candi Y June 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on Yaz and then the lower dosage of it, so in total i have been on one form or the other for about 5 months now. I thought i was losing my mind until reading more about this b/c. I gained about 12 pounds (all in my boobs, thighs, love handles and stumach) as i eat a ton now, i actually am starting to feel like im falling into depression again, im always ready to snap, and im in a constant state of exhaustion. Im so glad to have read on this page and others that it is all due to side effects. (I also was going thru another med change and blamed that, but the side effects have nothing in common with the symptoms i have) I am dropping this tonight. Id rather have the horrible periods i was dealindealin than these side effects."

Melj730 June 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Hey! I started taking Yaz over a year ago for birth control and partially for mild acne, I do think it helped my acne and it was an extremely reliable birth control but I fell into a serious state of depression that led to a hospitalization. I think it's great for skin and birth control, but definitely ask your doctor about depression!"

KD101 May 25, 2016