User Reviews for Yaz

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Yaz reviews 6.3 544 reviews

Reviews for Yaz

For Acne "It helped with many issues that I had like mood, depression and stopping my period. I love it. I had no side effects and I had no acne. I felt great and I don't think I gain weight. However know that I am going through the change and they took me off and now I am having my period all time"

KAREYN T (taken for 10 years or more) January 15, 2019

For Birth Control "I started Yaz about 7 months ago because I had found out that I had developed ovarian cysts. I had been on Yaz for two years as a teenager and had side effects but I didn’t notice them as much as this time. Over the time I had taken Yaz I had developed low mood, temperament, and a bad attitude towards everything. The change was so slow that it wasn’t obvious that it wasn’t me and not the pill. On my last month I took this pill I had just started a new job and had to quit after one day because of extreme nausea and anxiety I was experiencing. Other side effects I experienced on Yaz were depression, suicidal thoughts, withdrawn, violent (kicking in a wall), angry, argumentative, irritable, extreme nausea, dizziness, hypoglycemia (if I don’t eat every 3 hours I would get nauseous) and no motivation to do anything, random pain in the legs, jealous of others, tired all the time, foggy head, crying all the time and distrust of people. Please be aware."

Meg January 15, 2019

For Birth Control "Yaz is the first birth control method I've used so I can't compare with others but it's been great overall for me. I am more emotional and have moments of irritability that I didn't before but it's not unmanageable or extreme. I have clear discharge which is more of a welcome thing for me as, prior to taking this pill, I had a hard time becoming naturally lubricated. It does its job nicely at preventing pregnancy. My libido has only gone down a notch, which is also fine. Breasts larger, weight unaffected, skin clearer, even my hair feels healthier - though I'm not sure if that is typical. My periods are predictable and light. My urine has a different smell since I began taking Yaz. It's not unpleasant but it is noticeable. I'm more than satisfied with this birth control"

Lalabai (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2019

For Acne "So I’ve been on yaz for nearly a year now the reason why I started yaz was because of adult acne I’m 26 and was having bad acne around the chin area I read these reviews and gave it a try. It took 4 months but my skin has COMPLETELY cleared up it’s amazing my skin is so perfect now absolutely zero acne. However last few months I have had anxiety and panic attacks but I don’t know if it’s related to yaz. But for someone suffering with acne it can be so depressing and painful and expensive if you’ve tried everything and nothing works, I give this a 10/10 for clearing acne!"

M (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2019

For Birth Control "My experience with this drug has been terrible. I was prescribed it to treat my endometriosis, and although it began to help that, it had other crazy side effects. I began to get severely depressed (not wanting to do ANYTHING, not even shower or brush my teeth), my anxiety has been through the roof, began having heart palpitations which then made my anxiety worse, headaches, difficulty sleeping, and tingling in my arms/legs. My doctor took me off of it over a week ago and I’m still struggling with these side effects. If given the option, DO NOT take this pill."

Tessa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2019

For Acne "I’ve had an extremely positive experience with yaz. I started taking it a few years ago due to some pretty severe acne (not the cystic but still pretty nasty). It cleared up in about 3-4 months. My skin looked PERFECT! Stupidly, thinking that my skin was forever cured I went off it again (it’s a little pricey), and my skin broke out just as badly if not worse than before! I went straight back on it and had to wait another 4 months for my skin to clear up. Don’t make the same mistake as me. If you go on it for acne, stay on it! Yaz hasn’t given me any noticeable side effects. It’s cleared up my skin and made me feel ten times more confident. Highly recommend giving it a go if you think your acne is hormone based. Make sure you give it a chance for a few months though before giving up on it!"

Nicki (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on and off Yaz and Yasmine for nearly 10 years now and I had never particularly noticed any negative side effects. It made my boobs a lot bigger and my skin clearer which I was very happy about. I recently went off the pill for 3 months and have just started back on it to get my skin better and my boobs bigger. About 2-3 weeks in I started to suffer from anxiety attacks, which I have never ever had before. I have felt anxious every single day since and have finally realised it is the pill and have stopped taking it. I am hoping that the anxiety will subside In a few days once the hormones have been flushed out. Do not take this pill."

Georgi (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2019

For Acne "I’ve started taking Yaz couple of months ago and things went bad. Even though it will clear your acne and be an effective birth control , it completely messed me up. I started having crazy heart palpitations, waking up crying in the middle of the night and having illogical fears and anxiety. My doctor prescribed me heart medication and recommended seeing a psychologist for depression. YAZ did more harm than good for me!"

Not a Yaz supporter (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2018

For Acne "Age: 22. Weight: 145 pounds. Height: 5’8”. yaz for 3 months. Severe acne. Yaz Gave me mood swings, which for me is very unusual. I remember being so sad and not knowing why I was sad. I would randomly start crying my eyes out at least twice a day while using this drug. Then I started getting migraines that never went away. I was not even able to fall asleep at night because I was having extreme anxiety( I’ve never suffered with anxiety before either). Also I was losing SO much hair, chunks were falling out. I was having trouble doing any physical activity because I would feel light headed and I almost passed out. Along with these symptoms I never had an appetite. AND I lost my sex drive. *I have never had these experiences prior to using yaz.* plus side=after using yaz for three months my severe acne cleared up fully I have been off yaz for a month now and I no longer experience these crazy side effects."

Jessica December 24, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "My period used to be 7 days, with 3 really heavy days where I would have to change a S+ tampon out every 4-5 hours & had cramps that would double me over & send me to the bathroom with diarrhea. My breasts would become sensitive & swell & I would just feel generally disgusting. I only had 1 week/month to actually enjoy life without period-related issues. Now, the only time I cramp significantly is the first couple of days of it, but even then not much. I also might get a single pimple. My period averages 5 days & a regular tampon is sufficient for at least 4 hours even on the heaviest day. It took about 4 months for my body to start getting used to it & now it's been 7 months & I think I've fully adjusted. The only negative side effect that I've noticed is that I have to take it at exactly the same time every day or I'll spot until my next period. I may be able to take it an hour late once, but I once took it a couple of hours late 2 days in a row & I spotted every day for the next 3 weeks."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 20, 2018

For Acne "Before going on this BC I was suffering from depression, major hair loss, painful and irregular periods. Within that year I was diagnosed with PCOS and a hormone imbalance (increased testosterone) The doctor put me on Yaz to increase my estrogen. As soon as I went on yaz I felt a major change in my mood and energy levels. I was underweight due to the depression and I gained 5lbs. My breast size also increased (from a 32B to 32DD). I just felt so much better and balanced. I haven’t had any negative side effects unless weight gain is negative for you. Highly recommend to get your hormones tested before going on this pill. I don’t think you should take it if your estrogen levels are already high. Good luck!"

Kay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I was sooo scared of going on birth control bc I didn't want to gain weight, and also wanted to prevent pregnancy. My skin has gotten spotless clear, and my weight is the same (unless I wait for my withdrawal bleeding then I wait 3 days after my period to go back on it) but it ranges from 98-101 and it really hasn't affected it! I love this pill. Yaz has regulated my cycles and reduced my PMDD symptoms such as bloating, acne, etc. no mood swings. the only reason why its an 8/10 is because my skin broke out the first 2 weeks but after that its clear as day"

ceej (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2018

For Birth Control "So I was on Junel for about three months and it all seemed fine until I wasn’t fitting into my swimsuits (competitive swimmer) and my cup size doubled. So I switched to Yaz and the first week was miserable with the migraines and loss of appetite but after the first pack I was back fitting in my bras and normal weight. Yaz is pretty great."

zeze December 15, 2018

For Acne "Uk reviewer here: I've been on Yaz for 1 week now (I was previously on Yasmin for years). I have been on the combined pill since I was 15 and have PCOS, and suffered with severe acne in the past. I am slightly overweight so was sceptical about if this pill would help me. When I started Yaz I had a bad acne breakout for a couple of days, and some bleeding, but (touch wood) the acne seems to be clearing up. I have gone from 15 spots to about 5, and Its weird but I feel like I have my emotions back again, and libido. Lets see how this goes. Hope the acne doesn't return!"

KJ (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Acne "If you're wanting to get rid of your acne- Yaz is the birth control for you. I had very bad cystic acne for about 5 years that cleared after taking Yaz for several months (probably about 7-8 months for my skin to become completely clear). However, this medicine completely diminished my sex drive and made me quite depressed! The no sex drive thing really frustrates me cause what's the point of taking birth control if it stops me from wanting sex?! I took it for about two years and recently switched. Unfortunately, the new pill I'm on (Trivoria) has caused my acne to come back so I'm going to go back on Yaz. I'm not sure if the pros outweigh the cons but getting my clear skin back is my top priority right now. If your main concern is acne I recommend this pill but be aware of the side effects. Also, it is very expensive but talk to your insurance, I managed to get them to cover it completely."

M (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2018

For Acne "I am a three time accutune user - accutane worked wonders on my skin but each time I finished my cycle, around three months afterwards I was back to breaking out. I had completely given up on my skin so my last resort was Yaz. I am now on month three and my skin could not be better. I do have the occasional breakout, but they are small. I give Yaz glowing reviews for giving me glowing skin. If I could post photos, I would share!"

zeezeetopz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

For Acne "I’ve been on yaz for about three weeks now. My skin before taking this was moderate, I had a couple pimples here and there. My initial breakout with yaz has been HORRIBLE. My face is now covered in these white cystic unpoppable pimples that HURT. It hurts to sleep on my side and it just looks terrible. I’ve read all these reviews that say give it time so I’m clinging to the hope that it will clear up soon."

tvillz78 December 1, 2018

For Acne "Tried Yaz two separate times, I took for over a year the first time, seen no big difference in my acne clearing up so stop taking it. Few years later I thought I’d give it another shot, and same again no big difference in my skin. Didn’t have any side effects and my mood didn’t change either. I felt completely my self on this pill. My brother and sister in law was on roaccutane, I was always to scared to try it because you hear all these horrible stories, but they did not have anything bad only the cracking lips. I have been on roaccutane for just over a month and can already see my skin clearing. I feel fine on roaccutane, no changes in my mood just the cracked lips :)"

Leah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2018

For Acne "I’m 32 and I started taking Yaz 3 months ago for birth control and also for helping with pimples & PMS. I have just thrown the packet in the bin as this last three months have been the worst. Headaches, no help with pimples it has actually made it 10 times worse. I went from a few pimples here and there to full acne around my chin and cheeks. I have felt a very dark cloud above me and it was just getting worst. I had no passion for life, everything was a struggle I hated who I was and as a whole was broken and very lost! My periods where regular, though my vagina was so dry all the time and I had no libido. My husband saw massive changes in me and became extremely concerned for my well being. I was not motivated and wanted to sleep all the time. I’m only 2 days off it currently and just want to feel like me again. Please if you are considering this pill it’s just not worth trying it because if it doesn’t suit you then you will be going through the worst few months of your life. Not a good idea."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

For Acne "I started taking Yaz 8 months ago for hormonal acne I had developed while pregnant with my son. After his 1st birthday I had had enough and decided to try yaz. It has taken this full 8 months for my acne to subside, but now my face is almost perfect except for the little pimple here and there. Each month my face showed improvement, so it was a long journey. I actually skip my period and start a new pill pack so my period would go away and it works for me and my acne. My period was when I would break out the most. I also take zinc, vitamin e, and selenium supplement which I added to my birth control regime about 5 months ago. I do also use tretinoin cream at night, which gives me a smooth youthful complexion. With all these combined I have finally conquered my disgusting acne. I hope this gives you the encouragement to not give up on the yaz and stick with it. I did have an initial breakout and wanted to give up. I noticed after month 3 my face slowly started to get better each month."

Priscilla P. November 26, 2018

For Acne "I rated this a 5 because I’m still unsure. I’m on my 2nd pack and 2nd week on yaz. I’m still getting breakouts and cystic ones as well. Some are painful, some aren’t. I know everyone says 3 months is the magic number but I’m really starting to lose hope because I see no difference in my skin at all. I have horrible red hyperpigmentation dots all over my cheeks, jawline and chin. The new pimples and cysts are just adding to the mess. Also, I have a horrible phobia of swallowing tablets so I let the pill dissolve in my mouth (I know it may seem stupid because they are so tiny) but I really can’t do it. Can anyone shed some light? Have you had a similar experience?"

Courtsxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Yaz improved my PMS symptoms however I noticed a dramatic increase of melasma (dark spots) on my face. After researching I found this to be a possible side effect. I stopped taking it approximately 6 months ago and the spots have been fading gradually. Personally I think there are too many potential side effects to risk taking this medication."

Sadee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 15, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "On my 2nd day of YAZ and I’m already quitting it tomorrow. It’s currently 4:09 in the morning and haven’t slept since taking the pill 2 days ago. My hearts been beating rapidly since I started and having palpitations."

Pray first ♥️ (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "There are a lot of negative reviews here, but I'm grateful to say I've had quite the opposite experience. I had bad PMDD, heavy periods, and tried other kinds of BC without success, but my doctor convinced me to try Yaz. It has been AMAZING! PMDD symptoms are gone, and I've actually stopped having periods almost altogether. My doc says this is normal and not to worry about it....so instead I'm celebrating not having monthly periods anymore!! It obviously impacts different women very differently. I would recommend trying it to see if it's right for you and to follow up closely with your physician. If it's not right for you, STOP taking it....but if you're experience ends up like mine, it's an incredible blessing :)"

Mer (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2018

For Acne "I am about to start my 9th month with Yaz. I originally started the pill to help improve my moderate cystic acne caused by hormones and a lot of strength, shorten the lengths of my periods which were initially 9 days long and less painful cramps. The Yaz has been amazing for the duration of my period it now goes for 3-4 days and I rarely ever experience cramps. But on the acne sides of things I have seen 0 difference, there has been no difference and I am on my 9th month this is a bit sad since that was the reason I began taking birth control. Whilst on the Yaz I have had side-effects of depression, extreme anxiety and just whack mood swings."

chloe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 10, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...