User Reviews for Yaz (Page 3)

Learn more about Yaz.

Menstrual Disorders 36 reviews 71 medications

6.1
Summary of Yaz reviews 397 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for 6 months and have mixed feelings. It does its job by not getting me pregnant and my periods are finally regular. However I have never been more tired in my life. I can barely stay awake past 830pm. I get some pretty intense headaches as well. My weight tends to fluctuate too. I was lucky to not have acne so I can't speak on that but hopefully I can figure out how to get rid of the headaches and weird emotional attacks where I cry for no reason."

Leash a February 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I wouldn't normally give feedback but I think it's really important for women to know the possible side effects. I was on Yaz for 6 months and I started to get chest (heart) pain. The chest pain became more frequent and severe, so I went to my Doctor to get their opinion. My Doctor said there is a chance that the Pill (especially Yaz, because of the hormones it uses) can cause clotting of the blood, which can then lodge in various places in the body. I was told to go to Emergency if my leg started to swell, which it did. The pain went away gradually after I stopped Yaz, but I really believe it would've been a serious problem if I kept taking it. Please be careful when taking it, you're better not to take it if you have these symptoms."

Ruthie_ (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been using Yaz for 1 year and still can't get regular periods. In fact sometimes I have my period for 2 weeks. It is horrendous and after reading these reviews will be changing. It is crazy expensive too!"

vickieffingwilson246 February 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Yaz made me nauseated daily and my mood went from being a happy bright personality to a moody tired personality. Changed back to previous pill and feel a million bucks again."

Alleycat775 January 30, 2016

For Acne "I've been on Yaz for about 4 months now. I tried the generic Gianvi but it was seriously like taking rage pills, so now I'm using the brand name even though insurance doesn't cover it. I started taking Yaz to help with my skin because I was breaking out really bad. I noticed a significant difference in my skin within the first month and now my skin is completely clear with the exception of the occasional bump or two around my period. I get the typical mood swings around my period but nothing too crazy. I have noticed I feel a little more anxious since I've started taking it but it isn't extreme. My boobs are much more full now, which I like, but I have gained a little weight (about 3-5 pounds) which has proven hard to get rid of it."

SlpKB January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for just a few weeks but I love it. I've gone up a cup size and am happy about that. My acne is GONE - none at all and I used to break out badly on my back. My period is way lighter and cramps are much better than they used to be. The only reason I put 9 instead of 10 is because it makes me very moody/irritable sometimes."

Cj561 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Acne "I've been on yaz for about 3 months because of my severe acne. In the first two months my acne remained the same but my boobs increased in about a size and a half, which my doctor warned me about. It doesnt bother me as now my breast are fuller/ rounder however I have quite a few stretch marks. So I'd recommend using bio oil on your chest and hips for the first few months on yaz just in case this happenes to you. At around month 3 my skin is not breaking out anywhere near as much. I'm amazed by my skin, it's never been so good. Overall I have never been so happy with my skin and I haven't even finished my third month. I still feel it getting better every day. I have experienced no other side effects beside slight fatigue."

Anonymous January 12, 2016

For Acne "Hello I'm 21 years of age I've had combination moderate acne since I was 13 years old, every cosmetic face wash or doctor prescriptions like antibiotics all never worked but in fact made it worse. I then got told about Yaz so I decided to give it a shot, 2 months in now and my face is more clearer than its ever been in my life! but just have a couple pimples left on my neck which should disappear... I haven't even been eating healthy either have had lots of chocolate and maccas the last few weeks which is a bonus lol but I would still recommend to drink lots of water and excercise at least 30mins every second day at the very least. I've also stopped using face washes and moisturisers all together. Hope this helps "

AnnalieseAnderson January 11, 2016

For Acne " Yaz ruined my face"

Anonymous January 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Caused major depression. Was on many strong medications for years before reading how Yaz could be the problem. Went off Yaz and depression disappeared. No more strong medication. No sex drive while on pill. Very dry during sex. Also had a terrible scarring breakout after coming off of it. Only gave it two stars because I did not get pregnant so it "did its jobs.""

Liz AR (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on YAZ since I was 16 (now 26). I used to be happy all the time, excited about life, enjoy sex and just fine. Since I've been taking YAZ I gone from mild to severe depression, anxiety attacks, uncontrolled bouts of crying, panic attacks and now I may have first signs of glaucoma. I now take high doses of antidepressants. My mental health shows no signs of improving. It has gotten worse as I have gotten older. I went to a psychiatrist a few years back and she put me on Prozac, but the symptoms have gotten worse. Now I'm on triple doses of anti-depressants. After reading these articles and the side effects of other users I'm confident it is the result of YAZ. I attend a medical school, so I shall have tests done next week."

CAL2016 January 3, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I started this pill because I was having crazy mood swings and just not feeling like myself at least 3 weeks out of the month. My doctor prescribed me this hoping it would also treat my acne along with PMDD. Well, the first month was pretty rough as far as my acne was concerned but it wasn't as bad as I've read in other reviews. I had a few painful cystic pimples within 2 weeks of taking Yaz. I felt really embarrassed because my old pill (loestrin) gave me clear skin and I wasn't used to acne anymore. Well now I'm about to start my 4 inactive pills and about 3 days ago my skin just cleared up like MAGIC. I read that it takes about 3 months to level out your hormones. But I finally feel like myself again! No more crazy crying fits!!"

Jasssss January 2, 2016

For Birth Control "If I could give negative ratings I would. I have been on yaz for 4 months now and started it as a means of tracking my periods, which were irregular before. Much to my dismay yaz didn't help in this respect at all, I can't depend on it at all. My periods are still irregular. I have also experienced extreme mood swings, crying over nothing, getting depressed over silly things that never used to effect me at all. I have now stopped taking yaz and I'm so much happier."

Jessi031 December 27, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Before I started yaz, my periods were ridiculously heavy and the cramps that came with them were even more horrific. I've been on yaz for 8 years now, and I still love it! I have not had a cramp in 8 years and my period is REGULAR! My only downside is this: Several years ago studies started to show a slight increase in women getting gallbladder disease. I started yaz in December 2007 at the age of 21. By march (approx 3 mo. later), I had severe pain in my right side just under my breast. Turns out, I needed it (my gallbladder) removed. I am healthy and have never even been sick in my Life. I'm convinced it was due to to the yaz, as nothing else in my life was different. Easy surgery/recovery though, and no problems since! Just watch out!"

Positive and negative (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2015

For Acne "I've been on Yaz for a year and a half. This pill for real ruined my skin. I have acne scars that will never go away. I hate it. I wish in the early months when it was ruining my skin that I had decided to stop taking it. Instead I read the reviews and thought if I just give it enough time things will improve. They didn't and now I'm stuck on the pill that's still giving me acne (albeit not as bad as before) too scared to stop. I feel like I'm being held hostage by Yaz. It also gives me my period two weeks out of the month. Worst decision of my life. I've never posted on something like this before – but the experience was so awful I thought I had to warn others. My advice is to listen to your body and if it's not working STOP!"

Melovett November 21, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "After having some issues with what could be classified as PMDD, I went on a search for ways to help alleviate the mood swings I got every month around the time of Aunt Flows visit. After googling around, Yaz was the number one remedy that I found, so I went to Planned Parenthood, got a prescription, and tried it out for a month. Let's just say my PMDD went away... but I was in crying fits and had really bad anxiety for about 80% of the month. Nothing new has come up for me that would cause those issues, and it is very abnormal for me to cry that much and have uncontrollable anxiety. In short, this drug made me a crazier and depressed. It sucked! I've been off of it for two days and I'm finally feeling better. Nope! Not for me."

pinke138 November 21, 2015

For Birth Control "So far I have been on yaz for about two weeks, my dermatologist recommended it for me because I was having really bad break outs. So far it has cleared up my skin and I also feel as though my breasts have been getting bigger (which I want). I was on the depot shot for a year and it was terrible. My dermo told me that birth control causes break outs. I also lost a extremely unhealthy amount of weight on the shot. Ever since quitting the depo shot and going to Yaz, I've been back to my normal self and my normal energy. I'm also slowly getting back to a healthy weight."

megkov November 17, 2015

For Acne "This is the worst pill ever! It broke my entire face out. It made my acne sooooo much worst. I'm so upset with what has done to my face. I wish I didn't go on this pill at all seriously don't do it. It's so awful."

Essence92929 November 15, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I am 21, and have been taking the pill since the age of 16. Two years ago I began to take Yaz, after severe mood swings, depression, and overwhelming sadness and anger due to PMDD. Yaz has been a lifesaver for me! I don't have cramps, my period lasts 3 days at most and is very light (not even enough to warrant use of a tampon), and my skin is perfectly clear, with the exception of 2 pimples a month around menstruation. But the absolute best part is my mood! I became ME again, a happy, easy-going person, who doesn't pick fights with her boyfriend over burnt spaghetti noodles ;)"

BosRae November 11, 2015

For Acne "I took Yaz when I started developing cystic acne whenever my period was close. It completely cleared up my face after 1 one month. For 1 year, I was symptom free, but afterwards started developing severe lethargy a week before my period. It would be so bad that I would just be walking around in a haze. I fell asleep in class, couldn't concentrate and worst of all, I couldn't drive in fear I'd crash. However, after my period started, this would go away. My breasts went from an A cup to a B cup as well. I eventually stopped taking Yaz due to the hazy PMS symptoms. My skin stayed clear until this very day. This pill changed my acne for the better for life. Couldn't be happier with the choice."

KristaAh November 10, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been taking Loryna (generic for Yaz) for about two years now. I'll preface this review by saying I'm turning 27 and I've been on some form of BC since age 20. I had surgery 12/2012 for ovarian cysts, and ever since have been struggling with weight gain, pelvic bloating, and cramping that gets worse with each passing month. When I first tried this medication, I had little to no effects. But after about 4-6 months, I gained about 30 pounds. After two years, I'm up to 40 extra pounds with no reason for it. I'm constantly bloated, hungry and moody. Not to mention my libido is nonexisstent and I never want to be touched by my fiance. I'm getting off this horrible medication and going on Sprintec this weekend."

magyar_boheme (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2015

For Acne "I am 20 years old. I've had moderate acne since I was 13. I've never had completely clear skin since that age. I needed to get on birth control and I was a bit nervous about the side effects. I chose Yaz because the claims said it would help clear acne. When I started my first pack my breast became sore and I was slightly nauseous. Nothing seemed to happen with my skin. By my second pack I started to break out, I wasn't sure if it was the birth control or just me. The nausea went away. By the fourth pack the breakout was at its worst. I was very frustrated and wanted to quit the birth control. But by the end of my fourth pack I noticed the acne was clearing. I am now on my fifth month with only a couple small pimples and my hopes are high!"

HollyDowney November 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I am quitting Yaz after 9 months of taking the pill. Before I started taking yaz, I had no problems with lubrication during sex, or swelling afterwards. I had a healthy libido, and I didn't really think that BC could change that. Well, I sure was wrong. It was extremely hard for me to get aroused and when I did, there just wasn't enough lubrication in order to have painless sex. Even when we used lube, I would experience painful swelling which would last for several days straight. The only positive side was that my face cleared up, but I'm honestly better off Yaz."

1994oo1994 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz since July. First box, I have tonnes of side effects. I had a nausea, I was feeling very weak, I was fatigue and super sleepy all the time. After two weeks, nausea was gone. I has irregular bleeding which was gone on the third box. i gained 2kg, but I am not sure it's really related to Yaz. However, since from the first day, I am definitelly in a depression. I tend to cry without a reason a lot. I am super anxious about very little things. I definitely overreact emotionally. I am feeling hopeless and so on. After I am sure this depression which came with Yaz is not going, my doctor gave me other one which I will start soon."

Lineria (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been using Yaz as birth control since 2012, yaz is working so well on me, no side effects, everything is good. "

Rhauyyyn (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2015