User Reviews for Yaz (Page 3)

Learn more about Yaz.

Menstrual Disorders 34 reviews 71 medications

6.4
Summary of Yaz reviews 378 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Acne "I took Yaz when I started developing cystic acne whenever my period was close. It completely cleared up my face after 1 one month. For 1 year, I was symptom free, but afterwards started developing severe lethargy a week before my period. It would be so bad that I would just be walking around in a haze. I fell asleep in class, couldn't concentrate and worst of all, I couldn't drive in fear I'd crash. However, after my period started, this would go away. My breasts went from an A cup to a B cup as well. I eventually stopped taking Yaz due to the hazy PMS symptoms. My skin stayed clear until this very day. This pill changed my acne for the better for life. Couldn't be happier with the choice."

KristaAh November 10, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been taking Loryna (generic for Yaz) for about two years now. I'll preface this review by saying I'm turning 27 and I've been on some form of BC since age 20. I had surgery 12/2012 for ovarian cysts, and ever since have been struggling with weight gain, pelvic bloating, and cramping that gets worse with each passing month. When I first tried this medication, I had little to no effects. But after about 4-6 months, I gained about 30 pounds. After two years, I'm up to 40 extra pounds with no reason for it. I'm constantly bloated, hungry and moody. Not to mention my libido is nonexisstent and I never want to be touched by my fiance. I'm getting off this horrible medication and going on Sprintec this weekend."

magyar_boheme (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2015

For Acne "I am 20 years old. I've had moderate acne since I was 13. I've never had completely clear skin since that age. I needed to get on birth control and I was a bit nervous about the side effects. I chose Yaz because the claims said it would help clear acne. When I started my first pack my breast became sore and I was slightly nauseous. Nothing seemed to happen with my skin. By my second pack I started to break out, I wasn't sure if it was the birth control or just me. The nausea went away. By the fourth pack the breakout was at its worst. I was very frustrated and wanted to quit the birth control. But by the end of my fourth pack I noticed the acne was clearing. I am now on my fifth month with only a couple small pimples and my hopes are high!"

HollyDowney November 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I am quitting Yaz after 9 months of taking the pill. Before I started taking yaz, I had no problems with lubrication during sex, or swelling afterwards. I had a healthy libido, and I didn't really think that BC could change that. Well, I sure was wrong. It was extremely hard for me to get aroused and when I did, there just wasn't enough lubrication in order to have painless sex. Even when we used lube, I would experience painful swelling which would last for several days straight. The only positive side was that my face cleared up, but I'm honestly better off Yaz."

1994oo1994 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz since July. First box, I have tonnes of side effects. I had a nausea, I was feeling very weak, I was fatigue and super sleepy all the time. After two weeks, nausea was gone. I has irregular bleeding which was gone on the third box. i gained 2kg, but I am not sure it's really related to Yaz. However, since from the first day, I am definitelly in a depression. I tend to cry without a reason a lot. I am super anxious about very little things. I definitely overreact emotionally. I am feeling hopeless and so on. After I am sure this depression which came with Yaz is not going, my doctor gave me other one which I will start soon."

Lineria (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been using Yaz as birth control since 2012, yaz is working so well on me, no side effects, everything is good. "

Rhauyyyn (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Began yaz on the 20th of August because I was diagnosed with endometriosis and it caused me to have a 23 day period. 3 days after my period came again for 9 days and it was extremely painful worse than ever before and very heavy. I stopped using yaz at that point and now 6 days after here I am again with a next period heavy and painful. Wish I had never used this drug. Worst experience ever. Hoping to go back to a normal cycle soon because this is uncomfortable."

annoyeduserofyaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Hi, I started yaz 2 months ago (after a 6 month break) on the 7th day of my period which was the last day. My next period then came 30 days later and lasted for 10 days, the doctor said this was normal since I started yaz on the 7th day of period instead of 1st. One week later Im spotting again!! Is this normal?? Could someone please tell me if your experiencing the same problem."

A.T September 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I have irregular periods (1 per year) so I was put on birth control to help. When I was a teen I was on ortho tri cyclen and it worked just fine. I am 24 now and got a new Doc and was swapped to yaz, one pill for 28 days. I was on it for about a year. NEVER AGAIN! I also have a tilted uterus so my cramps can be debilitating. Yaz was supposed to help. It made it worse. The cramps sat in my lower back and it felt like shooting pains through my who body. The worst part was I developed panic attacks. My mood was terrible. I was either angry or I cried every time I saw something lovey dovey on a netflix movie. My depression got worse. To the point where I thought I was going nuts. I finally had enough and asked to be put back on ortho."

ShellyZ September 13, 2015

For Acne "I have been on Yaz for 7 months now to treat my chin acne. The first three months of taking Yaz, I had the worst cystic breakouts in places I have never gotten breakouts before. It was terrible but I wanted to give it some time. Now it has been 7 months and I still break out on my chin, there has been time maybe two weeks when I haven't gotten any breakouts at all but now it is the same thing as before. I also quit sugar and dairy and using all natural skin care products but still no dramatic improvement. Also, Yaz made me gain weight and I have noticed eyelash hair loss."

VanCity1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2015

For Birth Control "Worst birth control ever. I started taking it after my doctor thought I would get pregnant.... even though condoms are used. I've been on it for 1 1/2 weeks now and my body rejects the pill by vomiting it back up. I've had a really bad acne breakout and I have started to get panic attacks so bad that it's hard to physically and emotionally function. At this point, I'd rather go through 9 months of pregnancy and a million hours of labor than take this."

ZT (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Kariva for years before I started Yaz. I'm so glad I made the switch! I am less irritable, less anxious, and my mood swings are gone. I knew that before my period I would get sad for no reason, feel unmotivated, and my anxiety would rise. I would prepare for it, like clockwork. I don't have to do that now! I feel so much better since taking Yaz. My energy is up, my ability to handle stress is better. Not to mention my face is glowing! My nails and hair have grown so healthy. My breasts have even grown a cup size (back to what they were before having a child)! The only negative is that my breast were tender the first few months of taking the medication (they're fine now)."

Sam555 August 24, 2015

For Acne "I was initially on Yaz for about 6 years then stopped because I was getting migraines. The whole 6 years my skin was flawless. I quit taking it Jan 2015 and it is now Aug 2015. My skin is unbearable I don't even recognize myself. I got back on Gianvi (generic Yaz) and I'm hoping it will work again. I'm experiencing like 10-15 cysts at once and lowest self-esteem in my life. I can't tell if the birth control is going to help anytime soon. I am only on week 2 and losing hope."

bre23 August 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I was put on Yaz earlier this year by my regular doctor. Within a week of taking yaz, I had severe pain in my abdomen, I couldn't breathe without being in excruciating pain. A week later I was worse, I was in the worst pain I'd ever felt constantly. I went back to the Dr and after a week of testing and hundreds of dollars found out I have a Gall Bladder Infection and may have to have surgery to remove my gall bladder. Luckily, medication cleared it up after a few days. Since then I have found out that there is actually a number of class actions, in a number of different countries including Australia & Canada, against the maker of Yaz due to the immense number of adversely effected women. Dont go near it!!"

JLH90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on Yaz for about 4 months now. I started taking it to regulate my periods, as they were very heavy and irregular. Yaz helped 100% with that issue. Now I know when my period will arrive and it only lasts about 4 days. Yaz has also cleared up my acne. Before taking it I had fairly severe acne (for a 36 year old) and since taking Yaz I don't have severe breakouts, just one or two pimples here and there. If I had to list my negative experiences since taking Yaz it would be my irritability. Small things annoy me...like my husband chewing his cereal. It's not bad enough that I go into a rage or anything, but it can be annoying. Also, the outside edges of my breasts are sore. Feels like when I was nursing! So far, a positive experience"

safford5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking Yaz now for a little over a year, and i have noticed a few effects of it. Some good and some bad. It cleared up my acne a lot, made my periods WAY lighter and less painful. The bad side effects are that I almost completely have lost my sex drive, also it makes my eyes super sensitive, I always have to wear sunglasses and can barley wear contacts for about 3 hours. When I first started taking it I got really bad nausea but now I don't."

Sdawg (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 5, 2015

For Acne "I'm on the 2nd week of my 2nd pack and so far I see little to no change in my acne, it's made me get minor menstrual cramps at times not even close to my period, but lightened up my period alot! I have some pretty intense mood swings, and a bit of nausea, probably going to switch since this isn't helping me and making me grumpy and depressed 24/7"

Abbycazz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been on Yaz for three months. I started taking it because I told my doctor that I had really bad moodiness during PMS. Ha, it's gotten worse! I don't start my period till the last day of inactive pills. My cramps feel like I'm 15 again (I'm 36) and my mood swings have worsened. Barely any sex drive. I'm going back to Ortho-Tricyclen (Trinessa)."

CJ1321 July 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz for about 6weeks now and I immediately noticed my skin getting better and my skin getting no clearer. My period has improved so much, it was hell before and now it's shorter and painless. My sex drive improved as well( I didn't expect that). The big problem I have are my mood swings. I am a very happy and charismatic person but now I feel anxious all the time, I'm sensitive over things that wouldn't bother me at all before. I cry all the time. I'm often irritable and sometimes just want toscream at everyone. I hate the emotional effects it has on me but i think the positives outweigh the negatives."

Lulubati July 13, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I havd suffered with pmdd for a long time. Almost got divorced over how emotional I would get once per month and hated how I acted. My children started noticing also my pied. I was not myself at right before my period. Since I have been on Yaz for past 6 months I have not had my usual monthly freak out and am in a much better mood. No more emotional rollercoaster. Infer like myself and not worried when I am going to freak out again. Yaz Is a lifesaver."

Courtney R July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "Let me just start this by saying, you need to wait this birth control out. I had some moderate acne before taking the pill, and was needing to get back on a birth control and figured that yaz would be a good bet. Well, I have really zero side effects with yaz. Which I was so happy with. I still have a sex drive, I don't get headaches, bitchiness, or stomach aches. Overall, great pill. I had read the reviews about the pill before going on it and noticed most people had an initial first break out period with it getting better until month 3, so true! The first two months were hell, terrible breakouts I would say the worst in my life. But I am now in month four, and am hardly breaking out! Wait it out, it will pay off!"

Raduncan26 July 7, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Well, this was a last resort for my PMDD, which is pretty much destroying my life. I was VERY nervous about taking it - not interested in hair loss, weight gain etc. But I gave it a chance. 3 days in, developed a cluster of hives on left hand, and one on right hand. Extremely itchy. Absolutely no other changes in my products/lifestyle/food/etc.. So I know it's Yaz. Also all over burning/itchiness. Sun & showers make it worse. On day 4, realized I felt less..calm.. more anxious. Also finding it difficult to sleep. Doc claimed 'unlikely Yaz causing this'. Yeah, right. Told me to take Zyrtec for symptoms. Nope. This isn't working for me."

pmsinferno June 19, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I started Yaz a few months ago and so far the results are unimpressive. Primarily I went on the pill the regulate my extremely heavy and long periods as a bonus I was using it as a contraceptive. Contraceptive wise it was a dream, but it did absolutely nothing for my periods, the pain was still there and instead of being 8 days they are now 10 or 11. I also got horrible mood swings, and I suffer from depression so I really didn't think I would get any 'lower' but on this pill I really have. My emotions are just all over the place. If you are going to go on this pill I would definitely do proper research. I have decided to stop taking it."

lpet76 June 11, 2015

For Acne "I have been using yaz for about 2 months now and it as made my acne so much worse. I never have cystic acne in my life and now I'm getting it all over my cheeks where I never use to have acne. My acne was mild before but now looks severe from all the red marks of healing old hyper pigmentation. I'm 15 and obessed with my skin, and can't look people in the eyes and go out. I'm so fed up and I'm going on accutane in 3 days. yaz may work for some people but I'm telling you it throws your hormones to wack no matter what in the first month. Only difference I have seen on yaz is my whiteheads are smaller but skin is a lot worse over all. wishing you best of luck for finding something that works for you!"

ashghacns June 2, 2015

For Acne "March 2014 I started breaking out so bad I cried. I didn't know why I was breaking out because I was clear for fives years on ortho tri cyclen. All of sudden I had huge painful acne all of my chin and above my lip. I tried everything and nothing worked. Decemeber 2014 I finally tried yaz. At first my acne got worse and I started losing hope. But I imediallty noticed that I had fewer cystic pimples. Now it is May and I finally have clear skin. I still have a few red marks from scars and I get tiny little pimples but no where near what I had before. This stuff is amazing and I finally feel confident again. It started to really work for me on month 4 so give it time and don't give up."

Michelle Kolodka May 31, 2015