User Reviews for Yaz (Page 3)

Learn more about Yaz.

Menstrual Disorders 40 reviews 8 medications

Birth Control 276 reviews 300 medications

Summary of Yaz reviews 473 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "This was the second BC I have ever taken. It was absolutely terrible. I have always had light periods (panty liner light) and no cramps. When I took this birth control I had such horrible cramps that I kept throwing up. I continued to take it, but after bleeding like a water fall for a week and a half I called my doctor. She told me that I had to finish taking it for a month or else I had the possibility of bleeding to death. So I bled the entire month. I didn't receive another period until 3 months later. Don't take this birth control"

Lady98 December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I used Yaz over a year. After a while I started to get random sudden pains in my arms and legs. Once my finger got clogged. I could even see blue spot under skin and my fingertip went white and numb. But luckily it went away. But the worst was my knees started to hurt a lot, doctors didn´t know why. I coulnd´t bend my knees or walk without pain. It lasted about two months. And then I assumed it was because of the pills. I quit Yaz and after some time pain was gone, also I haven´t had any random pain attack in my arms or legs. Quality of life improved dramatically. Haven´t had courage to use any birth control pill after that."

Nelly123 December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've had mild to moderate acne since I was 14 (now 24, 10 yrs!) and I've tried EVERYTHING but nothing seemed to cure my acne for the long run. It started getting worse in my 20s and I was determined that it was a hormonal imbalance. After some research I decided to try Yaz... I really wish I hadn't. I was on it for 3 mths and 1 week, taking it every day at the same time. For the first 6 weeks, there were no changes. After that until I stopped... my acne just kept getting aggressively worse and worse with no signs of improvement. I've never seen my skin so bad in my life! Clogged pores, cysts, blackheads, whiteheads, pustules started popping up almost daily even in places I've never had acne. Just didn't work for me. :("

Anonymous December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 27 years old and I have always had beautiful skin until recently. I started taking yaz two months ago for my severe acne. I'm all honesty I don't see any difference . My face itches terribly everyday and my acne seems to get even worse. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so self conscious and I can't even look people in the eye because I don't feel or look beautiful any longer. Please help"

SOS please........ December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used Yaz when I was in varsity as I had SEVERE acne. it took a couple of months to clear but when it did, my skin was completely clear!! I used it straight through for about 8 years. I decided to stop using it for about a year as I am much older now and assumed my hormones were in balance. It took about 4 months for my acne to start re-appearing and now its worse than ever again!! So I'm going back on Yaz and I'm on month two and my acne keeps worsening each day! I'm just trying to be patient and hopefully soon it will clear my skin again! I guess Accutane will be my option for a permanent solution because I cannot be on the pill for life!! *Hopeful for a clear skin soon*"

AkuaB December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on yaz for about 8 years. Used to love it. Only use it to control my period and symptoms from PCOS. I'm 38 with no kids (don't want any...crazy busy correctional nurse!) And a part time smoker. I've had quite a bit of spotting especially after intercourse which is actually active bleeding. My mood is quite crazy too lately. My gyno wants me to try this IUD but I refuse. I'm scared to go off this pill now. Anyone with these issues? I'm tempting to get a hysterectomy or partial....suggestions?"

Lacang December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Switched from my old BC to yaz and immediately felt a difference the first few days I was SO emotional. VERY significantly so. By the end of the first week I was full on depressed and it continued on to the second week. Everything triggered me. :( but I like the sticker on the top with the days."

Ggchen December 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I first took Yaz when I was 17. It was my first time taking birth control so I didn't know what to expect, but it was HORRIBLE. Everyday I took Yaz I fell sick with nausea and couldn't do much of anything without the fear of throwing up. Finally, when my symptoms obviously were not going away, mom called my doctor and told them that I needed something else. They then prescribed me Loryna. I never had any problems with it, and I've been taking it for three years. Unfortunately, due to a change in my insurance, I had to stop taking Loryna because it wouldn't be covered anymore. So today, I found a package on my doorstep, and inside was Yaz. I'm too terrified to start taking it again, so I need to talk to my doctor as soon as I get the chance."

Lorelei95 December 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Yaz made me a crazy person. I literally felt out of control every few days and it felt like my emotions were not my own. I basically destroyed my relationship and it's hanging on by a thread. I stopped taking it in the middle of the month because I couldn't take it anymore. I did a bunch of stuff I would never do normally and I am looking back on all of it and it feels like a fog."

bbcks November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm a 26 yrs old who took yaz for only 3 months. At first, it seemed to work just fine.. no side effects and it even helped improving my pms. Shockingly, i got massive iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis after only 3 months!!!! Now i have completely clogged major veins in one limb and bed ridden at the age of 26, bearing in mind that i'm a healthy fit person without any underlying cause of thrombosis. I wouldn't recommend this drug to anybody."

M.k (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Very very horrible. Made me gain so much of weight. And kinda messed everything up as well, period was late for two weeks and barely bleed when I did get my period. A lot of water retention and bloating. So much for less side effects."

Vandrossflower (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Yaz is the WORST birth control I have ever been on!! Other birth controls would stop my period for like a month but then everything would straighten out and my period would be perfectly regular. I've been on Yaz for 4 or 5 months now, taking it at the same time every day and I never know when I'm gonna have my period or how long it's gonna be. I've been having a period every other week! That is not right!!! Also one period lasted 15 days. This is unacceptable. I am done taking Yaz. Will not recommend to anyone, ever."

Gabby32697 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The best contraceptive pill i have been on. I fell pregnant immediately after stopping yaz. It controlled my pms symptoms migraines , acne weight the works. The only pill that has all the benefits. I tried others & got bad reactions. This is the best of the best."

Annabellz (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched off my old birth control because insurance didn't cover it and $80/mo just became too much to handle. My doctor recommended yaz despite the fact my old birth control was completely different hormonally while I didn't gain any weight on yaz I did feel bloated and retained water for the whole week before my period and then the week of my period as well. I was anxious and short tempered I even became violent towards my husband for absolutely no reason. It wasn't until this began that I knew I had to change something I couldnt live like this this is not me at all. I couldnt believe how moody I felt and how it felt like my insides were fighting every time anything would happen. I havent given my new birth control enough time but we'll see"

AO2016 November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm a healthy 20 year old with no history of blood clots, and my doc prescribed YAZ, though I couldn't even finish one month's pack. I noticed a significant clear-up in my breakouts, but it wasn't enough to outweigh the side effects: nausea/vomiting, diharrea, breast tenderness, mood swings, and migraines. The final straw came with a sudden lingering pain accompanied by swelling in my upper right leg that lasted for several hours before abating. I have nothing to confirm that this was a blood clot or was related to the drug, but further research revealed to me that YAZ is currently under thousands of lawsuits due to debilitating and fatal blood clots in seemingly healthy girls. I am now off of YAZ with no intention of returning to it."

Brown-eyedTexan (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Well...i start using yaz 3 months ago and my face now looks terrible. Is so much worse then before. I can not go out and i feel so bad. When i start it i had only a few pimples in my right cheek but now all my face is coved with very ugly and big acne. But im still waiting...im in the third week of my third pack now and hoping for some improvment"

Ariel37y4647 November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched to this from Junel Fe because I was hoping to help my acne and weight gain (gained 10 pounds on Junel). I only took the pill for five days but had to leave work early two days and went straight to bed by 6pm every night due to a severe headache and overall feeling of lethargy and dizziness. I felt short of breath by day two and it remained until I quit taking the pill. I also had extreme anxiety. I got severe allergy type symptoms by day two and felt feverish. I stopped taking Yaz yesterday and already feel better. No headache today, no feverish feeling, no anxiety. still congested but no feeling short of breath anymore. I also noticed that I gained 2 pounds in the week I was on Yaz. Yikes! I have not changed my diet at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Yaz at 14 and I didn't mind it. Now that Im older and more educated on birth control I decided to get an IUD thats hormone free (Paragard) I love it much more than Yaz and I dont have to worry about side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Girls, it really depends on your body type and how you process the hormones intake I am using yaz, and its my first time of ever using birth controll pills, and when i read the reviews here it made me scared and unsecure . why? Because of all the *NEVER TAKE THIS PILL * * IT DOESNT WORK * * IT IS HORRIBLE* comments. You never know how it is going to work for someone else .. in my experience yaz has been great since the beginning : no cramps , no pms , no headache , no nausea ( use it before you sleep or in a full stomach ) , nothing except for a little bloating in the first week and breast tenderness. hope it works for you too"

mei123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "iIve been using yaz pills for 1 yr and 4months as birth control pills and I am 26 yrs old now and my ob from tmc recommend this pills. Additional from yaz it does wonder for me I stay look young because of my skin , everybody says I'm always blooming . they ask me if I'm taking glutathione .hehe but not."

gjci October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this for almost two months now and in my short experience it has done wonders. My old periods would cause severe cramps, nausea, vomiting, periods lasting up to 16 days, and horrible mood swings. For roughly the two weeks around my period I was so sad and honestly thought there was something wrong with me. But now my periods (so far) are short, almost painless, and no vomiting. My mood swings have toned down so much I forgot what it was like to be this calm. The only issue I find is I have gained fat (but not weight??) as I've eaten more so that really is my own fault. And I have very tender, dense, sore breasts that I can't sleep on my stomach anymore. But this definitely isn't as bad as how I used to be so very good!"

DJade1 October 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I came off Tri-Lo and I started using Yaz to fix my acne (moderate to severe). I also went on Yasmin to fix my acne (it was much much better). I have been on this pill for nearly 3 months and am so anxious to change it. There has been no positive change regarding my acne issues. My depression has gotten worse as a side effect. Usually my PMS starts a day or two before my period, but on Yaz it starts around a full week prior and it's a lot more intense. When I was on Tri-Lo I only got cramps a bit, and they weren't very painful. On Yaz, I've gotten cramps for each period and each time has been increasingly painful. I get yeast infections before every period. I have never gotten a yeast infection before using Yaz!!!"

distinct October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After dealing with bad acne, my dr. recommended Yaz. Since I started, I was spotting for days at a time randomly in the middle of my cycle. I read the packaging and it said this was normal for the first 1-3 months. However, 6 months later I am still experiencing spotting, extreme depression and anxiety, lack of motivation, acne, breast tenderness for 3 weeks of the month, and chest pain and shortness of breath. My periods would last so long and be extremely painful, when they used to be light and easy to deal with. I'm about to finish my last pack of this drug and switch to another birth control pill I had no problems with in the past and be done with Yaz for good."

gocubsgo27 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "its been almost a year using Yaz and ever since i started it changed my cycle completely, the color of my period change to a dark brown color, my flow even changed. Cramping did not stop but infact made it worse. so a month back i wanted to skip my period so i did not take the white pills, after having skipped them started spotting, a week later i got my period which lasted for longerthan usual for approximately two weeks. i then consulted my doctor who gave me pills to stop the flow but it still persisted even today im still spotting. im confused and very worried as i dont know what to do. if i stop taking Yaz i know that the bleeding will continue so question is how do i make it stop."

CassAndy October 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been on Yaz for about 3 years now as my period was very irregular and sometimes even got it twice a month...Yaz has absolutely changed my life it's been controlling my menstruations it's perfectly on time according to my pills I've never had any weird side effects and it's also helped with the cramping a bit but not as much as the control it offers over your period.! Very happy!!"

megan5700 October 10, 2016