User Reviews for Ocella

Birth Control 91 reviews 300 medications

6.4
Summary of Ocella reviews 121 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Ocella

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill because everything else gave me cystic acne. At first, I loved this pill, besides the fact that it gave me terrible mood swings and no sex drive. I tolerated that part because it seemed like I was losing lbs and increasing bra size which I was happy about. But about a year into it I started going thru periods of what seemed like depression, lasting about 3 months at the longest. 2 years into it, I'd gained about 10 lbs in 3 months (without any lifestyle change) and NOTHING I did would help me lose the weight. Finally I decided to stop taking it 1 month ago and I already lost 5 lbs, am 10x happier, and my sex drive is back. Didn't get pregnant, but not worth the long-term side effects."

collegestudent92 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "First few months weren't great. Had breakthrough bleeding the first month for 2-3 weeks, was very very moody and irritated. Second month was normal period, moods were fine, but still had bad breakouts. Third month, normal period and acne started to die down. Fourth month, acne is almost completely gone and normal periods"

Aimsters April 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I'm a lesbian, so I don't take this to prevent pregnancy, but because my periods were lasting two weeks before. Pros: my periods are regular and lighter, and my skin is completely clear. Cons: I originally gained around 15 pounds (which I have since lost), and I have no sex drive whatsoever. My breast size also increased from a D to a G, which I guess could be seen as a positive or negative. I personally find it frustrating. I am also very emotional, but I think that's just part of my personality and unrelated to the birth control."

laura7356 February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I take Ocella to help control my PCOS and as a birth control. It's done a good job of regulating my period and as a birth control. However, I've experienced many mood swings and depressive-like symptoms as well as more nausea and tenderness in my breasts. It does what it needs to do which is why I'm reluctant to switch since it is one of the best birth controls to regulate my PCOS symptoms."

Aleena Zee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I LOVE this pill! I was on Jolessa for 4 years and always had constant spotting and bad acne, Sprintec for 4 months and had spotting and awful mood swings and periods, but Ocella is absolutely perfect. I've been on it for 3 months now and it's cleared up most of my acne, I've had no spotting and no periods, and I've lost 8 pounds! No mood swings, either. I would definitely recommend that anyone who is considering this pill give it a try. Plus, mine is only $9 a month! For the work it does, it is awesome. I cannot speak on effectiveness for pregnancy prevention as I use it to skip periods and am not sexually active."

pinkpaw February 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking Ocella for about a year now. It has controlled my breakthrough bleeding, but the last few months I've been experiencing EXTREME mood swings, depression, anxiety, anger/rage... I don't know myself. Friends/Family notice too. I am stopping this pill today. I have a call in to my OB. I feel like I'm going crazy!"

Jszkat (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Ocella about 5 weeks now. Worst decision I ever made. I have been having heavy uncontrollable bleeding, terrible stomach pain, fatigue, nauseous and migraines. I informed my OB and I have a appointment set for tomorrow. Fingers crossed that something else will help. I have been miserable ever since I've started Ocella."

Anonymous January 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Was an effective form of birth control and cleared up my acne spectacularly; however, I started getting horrible migraines during the week I was not taking the hormones. My hands and left side of my face would go numb, I would get nauseous, and I would be incapable of doing anything but lie there because I could not fall asleep because of the pain."

Cleared acne, but migraines January 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I am 28 years old and started breaking out severely a few years back. I tried every OTC acne medication and cleanser. I finally went to the dermatologist and was diagnosed with hormonal acne. I was prescribed Ocella and tretinoin cream. I've been using both since April 2015, however I noticed that as long as I take my Ocella everyday I do not need the tretinoin cream so I haven't used it in a couple months. My skin is such much better and I have to remember to take my pill every day because the hormones wear off after 24 hours and I'll break out if I miss it two days in a row. Otherwise this medication has been heaven sent. "

Desiw1988 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I was on Ocella for about 10 years for PCOS. Worked great. Then I got off for about 2 years and was regular. Had a miscarriage early 2016 and went back on it. It has been horrible this time around. Horrible cramps , heavy breakthrough bleeding that starts the second week and lasts until about 3 days b4 period starts. I have been taking since Jan and it is now Dec and never improved. Gyno switched me to sprintec. Fingers crossed."

EG13 December 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Did what it was supposed to do, i.e. I didn't get pregnant and I was sexually active the whole time I was on it. Also, I don't believe I had the single zit for the whole year and a half I was on it. Nice! However... I experienced a lot of very annoying headaches while taking Ocella. They were stubborn too, wouldn't go away if I took an Aleeve. Also, weight gain definitely happened. I went up 2 full cup sizes and "filled out" in general. I would say about 8lbs or so. (With little to no change in my diet/ lifestyle) Also, I feel that Ocella increased my anxiety and depression. It also affected my sex drive and level of lubrication. Everyone's body is different, hard to say if symptoms were from Ocella or unrelated."

Moongirl1990 November 8, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Mild nausea when I first started but that has gone away. Cleared my skin a lot which was a surprise and so far I've grown two cup sizes. No weight gain or loss, and allows me to completely skip my period by starting a new pack rather than taking placebos. Only downside is mild mood swings, but nothing unmanageable. Definitely better than tri previfem"

Anonymous. November 4, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I hate this pill its the second birth control I have been on and I cant wait to switch. I have been on Ocella for 6 months and all 6 months have been terrible I've been gaining weight which makes me extremely depressed and I've had really bad mood swings. I am usually a calm, easy going person but ever since I have been on this pill every little thing irritates me or makes me mad. My doctor also assured me this pill would make my period shorter and lighter.....no....not at all. However I have not gotten pregnant so it works in that regard."

tokia September 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have taken Ocella for almost eight years and loved it. It improved my acne, mood swings, etc. I didn't really have any noticeable side effects. However, in the last few months I started getting all over body itching and then hives. I eventually realized going off of this cured my itching/hives so I decided to write this review incase anyone else is dealing with these symptoms. Generics can change filler ingredients at any time, so unfortunately I will no longer be taking this pill."

Sairii (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 12, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started this method about 8 months ago. I hate it. No change in acne, but weight gain, headaches, horrible heavy crampy periods, intense mood swings. I'm switching soon. On the good side: I'm not pregnant so yay there and I know exactly when Hell Week (last 7 days always) starts and ends."

KrisNBliss September 9, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been a few different kinds of Birth Control pills. Nothing really worked the way I wanted... One brand lowered my sex drive, another brand made my acne worse instead of better. Finally ended up trying Ocella even though I was nervous becasue of all the talk I hear about girls getting blood clots.. But I must say, this works. I have mild cramps, for a day or so, and it's only off and on. My periods are lighter and last usually about 4 days. My face is the clearest it's ever been. I should of been on this brand in high school. Once in a while I'll get a pimple. And it hasn't effected my sex drive. It's an A in my book"

Kelli Lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I just recently finished my first pack of Ocella and I don't have many things to complain about except the cramps during my period!!! They were deadly & so uncomfortable. My period was heavy also. But I'm on it to regulate my period. I haven't gained any weight but I've been noticing pimples popping up and I've never had this problem before I'm not sure if my hormones aren't used to it yet but the acne sucks & my breast have been tender also. But overall it's a pretty good birth control method."

S.B (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Best birth control ever have not had any problems with this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 10, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on this for a year and so far it's helped me lose 80lbs which anybody that knows or experiences PCOS knows it's hard as heck to lose any weight. It's helped the unwanted body hair go away for the most part and my periods come every month and are usually between 7-9 days compared to once every 4-5 months and being at least 2 weeks long before I started this birth control. The hair on my head grows fuller and faster and the facial hair is almost completely gone. I suggest this birth control to anybody that experiences PCOS or symptoms like it"

Pcos August 5, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Took Ocella for 2 years. It cleared up my acne and helped a lot with period cramps. I never got pregnant and was sexually active the whole time. BUT I gained an insane amount of weight with little change to my diet or exercise. I gained about 30 pounds during that time and was super bloated with a lot of fluid retention. Looking back on photos I can tell when I was on it by how bloated my face looked vs when I went off. Didn't notice much change in sex drive which is good. Probably won't use again."

WebsJR (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "5 stars!!! Acne gone, my hair is stronger and shiny!!!"

Dee M.A July 20, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking Ocella in March of 2016. It was the very first time I tried birth control and I am 26 years of age. I got on birth control because I am in a serious relationship but I am not ready for children and I wanted something to help me with my bad cramps and vomiting on the first days of my period. During the first week after my period I experienced breakthrough bleeding for about a month. Things were fine until I began having yeast infections. The first that I just thought ok it just a yeast infection. However I began to consistently experience them at least every month since then. I'm thinking of switching the pill as soon as I can to see if that helps. Besides this unrelenting side effects my breasts have become larger."

Skinny Mini (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I must say Ocella has been nothing short of a miracle for me. In just 2 months my facial hair has deminished. I went from shaving,waxing, plucking EVERYDAY to not seeing any hairs on my face for 5 days now. My very heavy painful periods are already normal and I have lost 11 lbs. I have had no side effects. I hope this continues for the long term."

CarrieJ83 June 10, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I am currently taking ocella and ever since I've been taking ocella my cramps have been worse and my mistral cycles are heavy and long"

Vanessaofthecruz June 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I used ocella years ago and it was great at first. My cramps weren't as painful or etc but then I started getting severe stomach pain and guess what? I found out I had gallstones due to Ocella and had to have my gallbladder removed when I was 20 and I'm 25 now. So if any ladies experience stomach pain on the right side you might have gallstones due to this pill"

Raez May 7, 2016