User Reviews for Ocella

Birth Control 83 reviews 283 medications

6.4
Summary of Ocella reviews 109 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Ocella

For Birth Control "I hate this pill its the second birth control I have been on and I cant wait to switch. I have been on Ocella for 6 months and all 6 months have been terrible I've been gaining weight which makes me extremely depressed and I've had really bad mood swings. I am usually a calm, easy going person but ever since I have been on this pill every little thing irritates me or makes me mad. My doctor also assured me this pill would make my period shorter and lighter.....no....not at all. However I have not gotten pregnant so it works in that regard."

tokia September 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken Ocella for almost eight years and loved it. It improved my acne, mood swings, etc. I didn't really have any noticeable side effects. However, in the last few months I started getting all over body itching and then hives. I eventually realized going off of this cured my itching/hives so I decided to write this review incase anyone else is dealing with these symptoms. Generics can change filler ingredients at any time, so unfortunately I will no longer be taking this pill."

Sairii (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this method about 8 months ago. I hate it. No change in acne, but weight gain, headaches, horrible heavy crampy periods, intense mood swings. I'm switching soon. On the good side: I'm not pregnant so yay there and I know exactly when Hell Week (last 7 days always) starts and ends."

KrisNBliss September 9, 2016

For Acne "I've been a few different kinds of Birth Control pills. Nothing really worked the way I wanted... One brand lowered my sex drive, another brand made my acne worse instead of better. Finally ended up trying Ocella even though I was nervous becasue of all the talk I hear about girls getting blood clots.. But I must say, this works. I have mild cramps, for a day or so, and it's only off and on. My periods are lighter and last usually about 4 days. My face is the clearest it's ever been. I should of been on this brand in high school. Once in a while I'll get a pimple. And it hasn't effected my sex drive. It's an A in my book"

Kelli Lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I just recently finished my first pack of Ocella and I don't have many things to complain about except the cramps during my period!!! They were deadly & so uncomfortable. My period was heavy also. But I'm on it to regulate my period. I haven't gained any weight but I've been noticing pimples popping up and I've never had this problem before I'm not sure if my hormones aren't used to it yet but the acne sucks & my breast have been tender also. But overall it's a pretty good birth control method."

S.B (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

For Acne "Best birth control ever have not had any problems with this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 10, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on this for a year and so far it's helped me lose 80lbs which anybody that knows or experiences PCOS knows it's hard as heck to lose any weight. It's helped the unwanted body hair go away for the most part and my periods come every month and are usually between 7-9 days compared to once every 4-5 months and being at least 2 weeks long before I started this birth control. The hair on my head grows fuller and faster and the facial hair is almost completely gone. I suggest this birth control to anybody that experiences PCOS or symptoms like it"

Pcos August 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Took Ocella for 2 years. It cleared up my acne and helped a lot with period cramps. I never got pregnant and was sexually active the whole time. BUT I gained an insane amount of weight with little change to my diet or exercise. I gained about 30 pounds during that time and was super bloated with a lot of fluid retention. Looking back on photos I can tell when I was on it by how bloated my face looked vs when I went off. Didn't notice much change in sex drive which is good. Probably won't use again."

WebsJR (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2016

For Birth Control "5 stars!!! Acne gone, my hair is stronger and shiny!!!"

Dee M.A July 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Ocella in March of 2016. It was the very first time I tried birth control and I am 26 years of age. I got on birth control because I am in a serious relationship but I am not ready for children and I wanted something to help me with my bad cramps and vomiting on the first days of my period. During the first week after my period I experienced breakthrough bleeding for about a month. Things were fine until I began having yeast infections. The first that I just thought ok it just a yeast infection. However I began to consistently experience them at least every month since then. I'm thinking of switching the pill as soon as I can to see if that helps. Besides this unrelenting side effects my breasts have become larger."

Skinny Mini (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I must say Ocella has been nothing short of a miracle for me. In just 2 months my facial hair has deminished. I went from shaving,waxing, plucking EVERYDAY to not seeing any hairs on my face for 5 days now. My very heavy painful periods are already normal and I have lost 11 lbs. I have had no side effects. I hope this continues for the long term."

CarrieJ83 June 10, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I am currently taking ocella and ever since I've been taking ocella my cramps have been worse and my mistral cycles are heavy and long"

Vanessaofthecruz June 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I used ocella years ago and it was great at first. My cramps weren't as painful or etc but then I started getting severe stomach pain and guess what? I found out I had gallstones due to Ocella and had to have my gallbladder removed when I was 20 and I'm 25 now. So if any ladies experience stomach pain on the right side you might have gallstones due to this pill"

Raez May 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm not even all the way through my first pack and I have a love hate relationship with Ocella. My docs gave me this medication to prevent future cysts; I had a 9cm and two 4cm cysts (existent since birth). I have spotting EVERY DAY! I can't tell when my period started "

Aleykins May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 8 years now. I take it for acne, birth control, menstrual disorder premenstrual dysphoric disorder. I love this birth control they tried to put me on something else and I said no! I love this BC and I want to stay on it. Regulated my periods, took away migraines, took away me throwing up whenever my period came, and I never gained weight from it. I recommend this BC to anyone."

Sarah237!!!! January 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I started BC because I had severe headaches, nausea, and dizziness when on my periods. I never had heavy bleeding or clotting... but I would get so dizzy I would be close to fainting if I was on my feet too much. The doctors simply said it could be my hormones changing and prescribed me ocella. I haven't noticed any weight gain or anything. It regulated my pain and dizziness during my periods. However, after 4 months I've been very nauseous and have had severe headaches and stomach pain. I could be coming down with something so I couldn't say it's 100% from the pill. Overall it's worked great for me and definitely aleviated my pain during menstration."

Nikki1814 January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Starting in elementary school, my acne was horrible. At age 13, it morphed into a rare form of cystic acne. Came back a couple years after the first bout was defeated. Currently just 18, and have been on Ocella since mid August. Since being put on Ocella, my acne has decreased immensely, and stayed as regular types of breakouts rather than the cystic variety. Haven't experienced any major side effects, although I am more prone to getting emotional over the sweet, mushy gushy stuff. At first, my sex drive was higher (even though I've never actually acted on it), but that has calmed down now. My periods are a bit lighter, and are slightly more predictable down to the start and end days. I would definitely recommend this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm still currently taking this drug, and there have been really no side affects other than an upset stomach if I don't eat when I take it, and it also makes me very touchy and angry. I used to never get raging mad but ever since I've been on the pill the simplest things set me off and I go made with out even realizing it's happening."

Bellsies (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my first month taking it and I have gained weight, I have been super moody I keep lashing out at people and I dont even mean too, its making my acne worse. I have had really bad headaches."

M.B.S December 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I had a great experience on Ocella. My insurances does full coverage of it for me so it's free every month, huge plus! I was also prone ever since my first period, which was pretty late, I would skip months at a time and then have terrible cramps, periods, and awful moods. Prescription midol couldn't even provide me with relief. I got on a BC that caused me to gain weight even though I was dieting and exercising and stopped it. I then a few months later got on Ocella. I have my period every month and lasts about 4 days. It's pretty heavy with minimal cramps. I haven't gained weight but I can seem to lose any either but that's not really a problem for me at this time. No out of the ordinary mood swings, sickness, or tiredness."

Osburn15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Overall no major issues with Ocella and I've been on it for over two years. I started taking it due to terrible heavy periods that caused nausea and migraines. My periods are much lighter now and my face rarely breaks out. I still get migraines and cramps, but not as bad as before. I've also avoided pregnancy and I never had issues with mood swings."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm writing this because as I do more research to try to find a new BC, I realize most people leave bad reviews! I had been on Ocella for almost 10 years when my doc recently told me it's known to cause blood clots. Until then I had otherwise a good experience with it. I think the most noticeable things I can remember or slight dryness and a decreased sex drive. But no emotional turmoil or headaches - which is what I'm facing now. I miss Ocella!"

SydneyAnne (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 6, 2015

For Acne "I started ocella my freshman year of college and had horrible under the skin acne all through high school. I'm now a junior in college and love it! My skin cleared up except for a few during my period. I also gained a couple pounds and my boobs grew a whole cup size. Highly recommend"

Christina11 September 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Not a huge fan. I started taking Ocella about 9 months ago only as birth control. It was my first experience being on the pill. Good: NEVER GOT PREGNANT! Meh: I went up a full cup size (C to a D, but I already have a small frame so I didn't celebrate) Bad: It gave me terrible nausea, headaches and migraines. I started having awful mood swings and felt like I was always lashing out. Period didn't change, I still had an extremely heavy flow for at least a week with little to no spotting before or after and said goodbye to too many pairs of cute panties. Worst of all, it brought an a horrible bout of depression that I'm still dealing with. I recently switched to another birth control with lower estrogen, so hopefully it goes better this time."

BeeBabe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2015

For Acne "After only a month on Ocella I have noticed my skin clearer than ever! I have a higher sex drive than ever, and I have actually lost a couple pounds. More than happy with this birth control."

Emlab (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015