User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Yasmin reviews 6.2 260 reviews

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "Do not use this. My skin has never been this bad. Stopped mid month because I couldn’t stand it anymore but stuck it out for a good 6 months. Awful. Absolutely awful."

Fran (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Honestly haven’t been taking it long just about two weeks but I have already noticed that it’s lowering my sex drive, making me dryer then usual and also I believe is starting a yeast infection"

Mar (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I changed from yasminelle to Yasmin because of some spotting I was having and after 5 days of being on Yasmin I started to get extremely anxious and guilty feelings over small things. I knew straight away that it was the pill, so after about a week I switched back to my old pill and after a week I feel back to normal again. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who already suffers from mild anxiety like I do myself as it amplifies it to an unbearable level. I guess it does work ad a contraceptive but it decreased my libido so much that I didn't have sex once while I was on it. It did make my skin clear up nicely but I'd honestly rather have a few spots over feeling awful about myself."

Sammy (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control has been the only one to help lighten and shorten my periods. I've been on a few different brands, as well as tried the IUD and this has been the best by far! While I did have some queasiness and sore breasts the first month, those side effects went away by month 2."

Madi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2018

For Acne "No more acne"

Risa (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m a young woman myself and I started Yasmin after my 17th birthday and it was the worst experience of my life. I experience bleeding constantly for 2 months, developed anemia and suffered severe depression. I was immediately taken off this pill and now have to endure years of taking anti depressants. I don’t advise young women to take this pill."

LR25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Birth Control "So I just finished my first pack and so far am loving it. For the first few days I felt a bit nausea but that quickly disappeared. I've also notice clearer skin and all my friends has commented on that, proof if it does show. Just a little worried that I actually see red spots under my skin much like bruising at points but those disappear after as well even though they were visible on and off through out the pack."

Rochelle (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Worst pill ever taken, destroyed my confidence and looks. Never take this stuff. Gave me melasma which is horrific"

Pissed off (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 3 months and ended up very sick with an auto immune disorder (erythema nodosum) after I recovered I stupidly got back on the pill (as advised by my doctor) and found I was getting sick regularly. I stopped using this pill and had incredibly painful acne on my body, which stopped after a couple of months and I stopped getting sick so often. Although I have never had a great immune system I believe this pill caused me to get sick."

A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2018

For Acne "I don’t know what to rate this right now, I have been taking Yasmin for a week now and my skin is freaking out, I’m also getting headaches I need advice."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I had been taking this for over a decade, since I was a teen. Never experienced any negative side effects at all. I needed it to regulate my period. No mood swings, no weight gain, no depression, the clearest skin ever. I stopped taking it six months ago. Experienced hair loss, tons of acne both facial and body, greasy skin and hair. It's been six months and these are starting to subside, but periods are irregular again. I'm thinking of starting up just because it was nice to have clear skin and regular periods. I would highly recommend this brand to anyone."

bunneh (taken for 10 years or more) April 26, 2018

For Acne "I'm almost done with my 2nd pack now and my acne got worse!! This is the worse since the day I was born! It is all cystic acne and very painful! The only good side effect that I can see right now is I don't get cramps. But I will still give it 2 more packs before I give up on it completely. I'll be back to give review again."

Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I suffered PMT in my youth & after years of being free at the age of 42 the condition came back with even more severity. I was prescribe Yasmin by my gynea & the first month was fantastic. I am now in my second month & my symptoms are worse than ever. I have constant headaches, severe bloating, cramps, break through bleeding & chronic fatigue. I am hoping the third month will regulate my cycle & settle the symptoms."

Clara (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

For Birth Control "WORST PILL EVER! I have bee on Yasmin for over 5 years and recently I have noticed how depressed I am, jealousy issues, insomnia, how I constantly hate on myself, feel extremely lazy and so much more. Gonna get off it as soon as possible. I have ruined so many personal relationships with the moods it has been putting me in."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Yasmin about 6 months ago & at the start the only negative side effect I noticed was my skin broke out for about a month before completely clearing up. I didn’t have weight gain other than going up a bra size - so physically it looked like everything was great. HOWEVER, I have been extremely emotional, crying all the time over the smallest things which is unlike me and I find it hard to get in positive spirits once the mood swing hits. The most surprising side effect (which I didn’t link to the pill until recently) my sex drive is almost non existence and when I do have sex it hurts incredibly due to dryness. I am 25 and have never had this issue before, and due to the timing of it am confident that’s it is Yasmin causing these problems."

Lisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Trying Yasmin for the first time and honestly, I was freaked out by all the bad reviews in the web!! But a review from someone (a nurse), said everyone's body is different so you can't rely on others, and besides, people usually feel the need to write reviews when things are BAD, and don't bother when it's good ;) So, I'm gonna give it a justice, I've tried it for 2 weeks, expecting all these depression, mood swings, nausea, weight gain, loss of sexual desire, and all other things people say happening to them... to happen, but NO, nothing changed at all! All those did not happen at all ;) I know I only try it for 2 weeks, but this review is to tell you all ladies out there, just try it, if your body 'matches' with the pill (like mine I guess, I hope it will continue like this), it feels amazing cause you have the safety without any side effect ;)"

Elle April 7, 2018

For Acne "I was on Yasmin for 1 year and 3 months and recently went off it because I was shedding so much hair. My hair stylist said I looked like I was going bald around the crown of my head. On top of that, I gained between 6-8kg in the past 1 year. However, it works well for birth control and acne control. No pimples sighted during the days I was on the medication."

Min (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill is the worst! I gained a lot of weight rapidly on this pill, I feel depressed most days or I'll have the odd day where I feel amazing out of nowhere before plummeting back down again. My skin has broken out badly since I started taking it as well! I had none of these problems before starting this pill. My body feels disgusting because of this pill - it's not worth taking! Avoid!"

L Anne (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Acne "I've been on Yasmin for a few years, I wouldn't recommend this pill to people who suffer from migraines and headaches. I went on the pill for my skin and all it did was made me retain water and gain a few pounds. Extreme anxiety and constant migraines and headaches, as this pill caused high blood pressure this explains all the headaches, I've just decided to go off it. Only positive was my skin was amazing and didn't get one pimple for a few years. I've decided to now go off it so hopefully I'll see changes"

Lou (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Yasmin for almost 6 years and it worked wonders for me, I never suffered with bad skin. I was prescribed Yasmin for heavy bleeding on my periods and it helped a lot with my flow of bleeding. I never noticed any mood changes or negative things to say about Yasmin pill. A few days ago I was diagnosed with low serotonin levels in my brain ( Neurotransmitter responsible for your moods ) doctors and pharmacists say it was because I have been on the pill for so long. I would cry all the time, became negative, moody, so anxious and depressive. I had to go on anti depressants to get my serotonin levels up again. I have never been a unhappy person or anxious person, I was always happy and an out going person. So if you want to go on the pill for any reasons make sure you do not stay on it for too long! Yasmin is a good pill for a short while but not for a long run."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 14, 2018

For Acne "I swapped my pill to Yasmin to clear up my acne. I noticed that after about 5 months of taking it that my skin was definitely a lot clearer so works really well with this. However I also started to notice weight gain when I went for my pill reviews. My weight had always been a steady weight and the only thing that had changed in my life was taking this new pill (Yasmin). I have now been swapped back to Rigevidon and after again about 5 months, my weight has dropped by 5kg. Yasmin works 100% for spots but it wasn't for me due to the weight gain."

Soph3194 March 7, 2018

For Birth Control "So I started yasmin mid Feb 2018 and about 3 weeks in. Initially I had nausea and breast tenderness but thought thats okay. Anyway days go by and the symptoms get worse. I've had insomnia, a dull headache daily, pelvic pain and bad fatigue. I literally feel tired as soon as I wake up and can't be asked to move all day. This is definitely all down to the birth control pill as I've done tests for other things. I told my doctor who reported I finish the pack and get the IUD instead. However I won't be getting the IUD as I don't want anymore contraception after all I've been through on them. I was on mini pill and I'd say they're better than combined. Just be careful of acne flares with mini pill. Good luck all."

Juicey March 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm in my second week on Yasmin, and I have already noticed my skin is significantly clearer. In that respect, I'm doing fine. But I also happen to have a mental illness, and have noticed a drastic change in my mood. Because of my mood disorder, I pay constant attention to how I feel, and this pill has definitely downwardly shifted my mood. Also breast tenderness :/"

yep February 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I went on this after having a bad experience with another pill. I had no problems on this one, didn't experience spotting or anything also. I naturally have bad acne and this didn't help one bit, but it was effective BC. My periods were light and I didn't have cramping. Once I went off my period came back like a nonstop waterfall and that's how it's been ever since, which is annoying."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2018

For Birth Control "So taken this pill for about 3 years and it was all great. I was advise to stop taking it as you shouldn't take Yasmin for too long apparently and I ignored what I was told as the pill agreed with me, no mood swings or crazy side affects etc. I also read a lot of terrible reviews about Yasmin which I decided to ignore because it 'agreed' with me. Today I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with periorificial dermatitis due to taking birth control pills. I hope it is not to difficult to get rid of but really do feel like this pill is a ticking time bomb until something goes wrong for you. Don't take it - use a condom.."

xx (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2018