User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control 75 reviews 282 medications

6.3
Summary of Yasmin reviews 154 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "I first started with ro accutane to get my acne away and then went onto dianette but that gave me a blood clot. I was on Yasmin for 2 years and my skin wasn't perfect as I had scars but it was a hell of a lot better. Recently I had an a miscarriage so obviously wasn't taking my pill for a while, and now I'm back taking Yasmin (it's been a week) my chin is absolutely sick looks like a pizza! But I know it gets better so just hold on in there guys "

Rosie1997 September 8, 2016

For Acne "The first 3 months of Yasmin were horrendous, I had cystic spots all along my jaw, between my eyebrows, on my cheeks and even my back. My skin was very dry and I could not stop needing a pee! The cysts stopped appearing In the 3rd month but continued to have lots of spots on my jawline. Im currently on month 6, I still get spots (sigh) but I haven't had more than 3 at one time and they are very small ones which heal quickly and are easily covered with make up. I no longer have spots on my back either but I'm living with quite bad scarring. I really had my confidence knocked but looking at how my skin has improved now those 3 months in hiding were worth it!"

Sarahmc123 September 6, 2016

For Acne "I am on my third week of the Yasmin pill and my skin has got progressively worse than it ever has been before. I feel as though I have put on weight and I am also constantly bloated. I'm hoping that this is normal due to my hormones trying to rebalance but I am afraid of staying on a pill that is actually worse for me."

SydLou (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Birth Control "i took yasmin for one month, it was my first bc and it was the worst. i was handed a free sample of evil. i had a open sore appear on my face roughly the size of a dime and stayed open until i discontinued the use. my period also continued for the entire month. worst birth control i ever took and i have tried many now."

taralala (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

For Acne "I had horrible side effects of these pills Nausea, feeling depressed, low sex drive, vaginal dryness, feeling bloated, cravings, long period (3 weeks.) I did not feel like myself at all. I was very down. My mind felt foggy. But the worst of all was my skin. Oh my goodness. It got so many times worse! I got huge red cystic bumps. They were so bad I did not want to go to work,and people would comment on my skin. I could not continue and decided to quit just after two months! I kid you not - my skin got better as soon as I stopped taking these! I have barely had a pimple since. I'm so sad that I started with yasmine as I have horrible scars now. The effect though is very individual and I hope you have a much better experience than me!"

Kanskeinte August 18, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill is a nightmare! Horrific moodswings and general snappiness most of the time, with days of total lethargy and tearful depression. Also gave me chronic diarrhoea throughout my period and problems sleeping. It turned me into a different person which was frightening."

Flollywubs (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

For Acne "Actually , I am still on the first month and I can tell I barely have side effects. In the first week I had naussea but It went away.There is no effect on my weight. Also I dont have increased apetite. My hair also has not changed. I take the pill in order to cure my acne. I can tell through the first month there is no increasing or worsening my skin situation before getting better. I think it is going to help me treating my acne very well and I am waiting for results."

Theodora123 August 8, 2016

For Acne "I began birth control around 6months ago, before starting I had absolutely no problems with my skin. The first pill I tried was Cilest which I stuck out for 4 months- awful!! My face was covered in painful lumps/acne, I waited it out as recommended for 3 months but no improvements, it only got worse. I went back to the doctos and he gave me Yasmin which I have been on it for 2 months, I have noticed such an improvement in my skin- especially my chin area which was the worst affected. I can't say it's perfect my forehead is still angry and I have marks from where the huge lumps were but after only 2 months I can't complain! Definitely recommend to try for anyone who reacted badly to an older harsher pill's"

Niamh56 July 26, 2016

For Acne "I went on Yasmine to get better skin for an upcoming event. It was the worst decision I could've made! My skin has never been this bad! My chin is full of cystic acne. Big and red and they leave terrible scars, I have now been taking them for 2 months and it only seems to be getting worse. I also have gotten some on my back, which I normally don't. Also I have had my period now for 2 weeks with terrible cramps every day!! Usually I only have it for a day or two. I feel decrease in sex drive and have felt low since I started taking Yasmine. So far these pills have only been bad for me but I do believe and hope that the side effects will linger off as I continue using them! Hopefully this is just a horrible transition phase"

EiraLl July 18, 2016

EiraL July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I started the pill purely for birth control although I've always had painfull periods and terrible skin. Since being on yazmin, my face has completely cleared and I only have a tiny amount of acne left on my upper back. My periods are no longer a nightmare and only last around 2 days and the pains have almost completely disappeared. The only downside as it costs me $74 every 3 months but other than that I love it. I haven't had a single negative side affect to date."

Tatiyana June 26, 2016

For Acne "I have been on Yasmin now for nearly 6 months and it was the best decision I ever made going on it! In the first two months I experienced a huge increase in acne all over my face but I was expecting this. By the third and fourth month it calmed down but I experienced a few bad breakouts throughout the month. The fifth month was when I started to notice drastic changes, I use to wake up with a new spot everyday but it changed to hardly breaking out at all, and the spots I did get were only small that were easy to get rid of. I'm currently at the end of the fifth month and my skin has never been better! I feel so much more confident in myself and my skin. All it takes is a little time and patience and you will get the results you want!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been having these pills for two month now as a treatment for my PCOS. I am 18 and since I started having this pill my skin went bad and I have had ance all over my face. I have completely lost my sex drive and I don't feel anything during sex. My mood has been funny and I have been sleepy and tired. I wouldn't recommend this pill it totally destroyed my sex life and my face."

habouya May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I do belive everybody experiences different symptoms. It's my third box of Yasmin and I'm probably gona give it one or two more shots but I'm thinking of quiting it. First box of my pills was a 21 day long nightmare. I had breakthrough bleeding whole month I wasn't even sure when my period started, I had huge intestinal problems. Went for two abdominal ultrasounds because of constant bloating, overly active guts and diarea/constipation (it switched every 2 or 3 days). My breasts, dear Lord, I never felt so tender in my entire life. Luckly, as the next box came, bleeding stopped so did tendernes. I still do feel bloated and gassy but it's lot better. Gonna give it one more shot but I just don't feel it's suiting me."

Anonymus21 May 11, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I began taking Yasmin when it first came out i.e. around 1999 or so for irregular periods. My PCP recommended birth control, and after researching them all I chose Yasmin as it touted the fact that the Progestin (drospirenone) contained a diuretic. After a few months I started having anxiety, insomnia, and eventually horrible depression. On the upside, because the drospirenone is an anti-androgenic progestin, my hair grew incredibly long and thick and stupid vanity kept me on it. On balance, I would not suggest this pill as a form of birth control for anyone. I eventually gained 15 lbs after a couple of years of use, and was an emotional wreck which impacted my career. My hormones never really returned to normal after stopping it either."

My Experience May 5, 2016

For Acne "I'm actually on Laila 35 which is the generic version and it has taken some time for my skin to get where it is but I had horrible cystic acne on my jawline and then just general acne on my face, chest and back. The pill has absolutely cleared my skin to the point where I can go out and not feel like I need makeup. Maybe once I have my scars treated, I might not even need makeup for school. I get heaps of compliments on how much better my skin is and looks, let alone how GOOD I feel. Unless you have acne you wouldn't understand that its not just something on you face that goes away when you use a cleanser, it's a mental thing. Take this and don't expect instant results."

ruby135 April 30, 2016

"I started taking Yasmin to clear my skin. I had history of migraine with aura but haven't had it for the last 6 months. Second month taking Yasmin I had 3 migraine attacks in one week and ended up in ER. I stop taking the pills immediately"

Sunnyday0728 April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "It was terrible. I took it years ago when it first came out. Yasmin 28, I think. My mood was down, I had upset stomach all the time. I couldn't handle diary or fats. I always felt anxious. I told my gyno, he shrugged it off as normal. Then the tipping point was when I was on the bus and I started feeling lightheaded and then lost my vision. A friend helped me off the bus where I had to sit and breathe in the cool fall air in order to regain my composure and slowly my vision came back. I stopped the pill immediately after that. My peroid only came back 3 months later and it took years before it was on track again. I went online and many women had same issues and had trouble starting a family after stopping the pill. Dangerous stuff."

CinCinD March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I don't usually review anything online but I really feel like I need to share my experience with this pill. I was on Yasmin for a year and a half and although superficially it was okay (no weight gain, no acne etc), mentally I went crazy and this seems to be the case for a lot of women. I was anxious, my mind was foggy, I was snappy and overly aggressive (which is very unlike me), and generally just didn't feel myself. I then spoke to a doctor following an anxiety breakdown and they said it could've been due to my pill. I recently changed from yasmin to another pill and it has changed my life. I FINALLY feel myself again and I've realised how much yasmin messed me up. I would not recommend this pill or experience to anyone."

123ks1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started taking this pill not yet through the first week, and already I'm covered in acne which I never had using the IUD. I decided I didn't want the IUD anymore after the five years were up because it poked my partner and is something I can't take out myself. Anyways Yasmin has caused me crazy acne like teenager status (I'm 25) and has caused me breast tenderness when I used to feel no tenderness at all. I read the reviews about gaining a cup size.. I hope that doesn't happen to me, I already have DD's. We'll see how the next few months play out, but so far NOT IMPRESSED"

Andy Candy (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I used Yasmin for over 5 years without any issues. It had no impact on my weight and cleared my skin beautifully - however perhaps gave it a tendency to be a little too dry. When I stopped the pill acne returned very quickly. It worked without any issues as birth control. In the last months, however, I developed nausea to the pills - for some reason simply the thought of taking them gave me nausea, and at some point when I had to take two at the same time I threw up bile the next morning. I continued to take the pills for a little while, but the nausea was clearly associated with them, not any other factor, so eventually I had to switch to a different brand and composition. I would still recommened; they were OK for a long time."

gennan (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was having pretty heavy pms and very irregular mensturation cycle. Now I'm almost on my first year with Yasmin and never ever pms anymore. I feel even happier as my period gets closer. All thanks to yasmin. It took a little time for my body to get adjusted. Almost for first 2 months it made it worse than ever. But I knew that was gonna happen so I was patient. And it ended up extremely well. I recommend it for anyone having severe pms and emotional problems related to period. It's also really good to know exactly when to have your period."

ElifZ (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Well one friend of mine took this pill for birth control and she almost died. For six months she walked around the house holding on to the walls, because she was so dizzy and weak. She almost never came out of it, until she tried an alternative method which released her from the terrible state she was in, due to this pill. Please stay away from this pill. Another friend of mine took Yasmin for irregular cycles before her wedding day, and her mood swung so much, she came to her wedding, depressed and extremely irratated."

Taliana February 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I love how Yasmin clears my acne up without fail (usually within first week). However, second month in and I've experienced terrible depression and feel teary at the slightest things. Feeling down is getting worse and worse as I continue taking it and I'm actually a very happy person which is why I will never touch this stuff again."

Kishkati February 21, 2016

For Acne "The best! Takes a while but keep it up. I had horrendous cystic acne around my chin and lip area. My chin would be all bumpy due to the huge spots I had like the silloeutte of a cauliflower!! 18 months on and it's the best skin I've ever had. Ever time I come off it though (2 kids) my skin goes back down hill. I am very health conscious, eat well, drink plenty of water etc. Nothing made a difference apart from this."

Vicvickie February 19, 2016