User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control
5.3

Summary of Yasmin reviews 5.9 340 reviews

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "I am on the last week of pack 2 of Yasmin and it is fair to say I have seen no improvement in my acne which is the main reason I decided to take it. I was on microgynon and anti biotics for about a year and my skin was so clear. Only in March did my skin start to play up. I am very distraught at this moment refusing to go out and socialise as I am embarrassed with my skin. I don’t know if I need to wait a little longer before giving up as they say it’s supposed to take 3 cyles for it to kick in. I’m hoping something improves soon."

Ell (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2019

For Birth Control "I have had no bad side effects from this, but I also specifically went on this pill as it would apparently help clear my skin but it has not helped and has made it worse. The contraceptive side is very good"

G (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2019

For Birth Control "I LOVED being on my Yasmin. I struggled with the worst acne even into my late 20s and my dermatologist suggested I switch to brand name birth control. Yasmin truly changed my life and my self confidence. I recently had to get off because we are trying to conceive— but it’s the best for cycle control and acne !!!"

Xtine (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2019

For Acne "DO NOT TAKE THIS. I started it 2 weeks ago and my health has took a turn for the worst. I have had heart palpitations and a high heart rate for about a week and I have almost been hospitalized many times. I can’t even walk across a room without having to stop and catch my breath. This pill is SO dangerous and can really do damage to your heart. Please take this wisely."

Cari (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2019

For Acne "This combined pill is a dream! I've been on it for 7 years and I have recommended it to everyone. My skin is clearer, my weight didn't change, no mood swings. I tried Lucette and was a crying mess. It often takes trying a few pills to find one that suits you."

Rah (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I have never wanted to go back in time more so than I do now, been on Yasmin for 8/9 years and my hair has thinned immensely while being on it, I have now decided to stop because the side effects far outweigh the benefits it is probably the worst thing any one can put in their body, 1 month off the pill and the hair loss has begun when it thinned my hair to begin with, acne has begun when I never had before, mood swings, it caused depression anxiety and a slew of other harmful effects"

L (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I found this forum because I googled "can Yasmin cause depression" I was an extremely sporty and energetic person, my house was always clean and I had loads of time for my children. I have been on this pill for I would say 8 months now and I am a shell of myself. I have been for blood tests to see why I feel exhausted, weak and sick constantly. I have no control over my emotions, have lost interest in life in general and have zero sex drive. I am off it after reading this thread and cannot believe a pill may have done this to me. If you feel any of these side effects, stop immediately!!!"

Jasmin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Yasmin about 4 years ago and seemed to be doing ok then when I went to get my prescription my doctor said Yasmin was too dangerous due to blood clots etc so I had to go on Rigvideon (UK contraceptive pill generic of Nordette or Levora 0.15/30). Rigvedion turned my life upside down for 18 months - horrendous anxiety for no reason, the start of depression, major brain fog, socially withdrawn and crying nearly everyday. I was pill free for around 3 years after that awful experience. I decided to go back on Yasmin recently as the pill makes my spot prone skin (at nearly 30) so clear, improves painful and heavy periods and obviously as contraception. However after just two months on it I am absolutely exhausted, constant fatigue even though sleeping well, feeling lazy, down, distant and not interested in anything, intense headaches the day before and of my period starting and generally feeling like I could sleep 24/7 and don't want to work or speak to anyone. Will be coming off again now as it's just not worth it!"

RR19 June 1, 2019

For Acne "I have PCOS, PMDD and I'm type 2 diabetes-prone (which means I had but I do not anymore but if I go back to eating bad and come off my meds I will revert)and I'm a type O blood type. I'm 5'3 and I weigh 162 thus far... Yasmin by far is the best birth control pill I have ever been on. The generic to Yasmin I tried for several months but it wasn't nearly as effective as Yasmin, my cystic acne stopped completely after a few weeks as it was very noticeable how less oily my skin became. The great thing I love about Yasmin is it covers so many of my needs; it also is an androgen blocker so it aids with my hair issues of thinning and odd places of hair growth (a gift from PCOS). I also have noticed that as long as I take it in the same time window every day that my moods are so much better... I'm not moody and angry while on this bc pill. Oh and least I forget my periods are way better and so are my horrific cramps and clots."

Kit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 1, 2019

For Birth Control "While on yasmin my skin was slightly clearer, but my body was terrible after I stopped the pill while my lifestyle remained constant before, during and after. Before while on Yasmin my period came every 1.5 months. After I got off the pill in Jul 2017, the time between my period lengthened until I had no period for 8 months by Aug 2018. Throughout the 8 months, my skin was the worst. Horrible inflamed cysts. Huge, angry, populating my entire jawline and neck. I was also getting sick more often. During that period, I visited a women's and children's hospital, the doctor said that there seemed to be nothing wrong with my body but I should have not been given Yasmin as it was too strong for a first time user."

Anon May 17, 2019

For Acne "I have just finished my first pack of Yasmin (21 days ) and about to start my 7 day free without tablets then start my new pack. I have not seen an improvement in my skin and it seems to be getting worse. I have had no other side effects, no mood swings but have had mild cramps and mild break through bleeding but I’m hoping it’s going to improve"

G (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2019

For Acne "It helped my acne and water retention, however, I lost a lot of hair and I noticed that my muscles were smaller (very disappointing if you go to the gym for them) plus my stomach, although didn’t get bloated much due to the diuretic effect, it was never as flat as it normally was. When at the gym I noticed that my normal routine sometimes made me feel like I was going to have a heart attack, honestly haha. I was crying all the time. Made my boobs bigger, MESSED with my digestive system"

Gymgirl2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2019

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Yasmin cause me to have acne and oily all over my face. I still choose the Diane pill over this because it makes my skin looks so much better."

Ann (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Yasmin for 2 years now and never had any problems with it, 10/10 effective for birth control for me but then again I’m very conscious of taking mine at the same time everyday. Although in the past 6 months I get really bad mood swings and that’s the only thing I could fault it on."

Lg333 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2019

For Acne "I've been on the Yasmin pill for just about a month and most of my acne is cleared! It came as a shock for me as I have tried Accutane, antibiotics, creams and everything on the market but Yasmin has helped tremendously! yay! let's hope it continues like that"

kelly (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2019

For Birth Control "The Yasmin pill has KILLED people and it known to give blood clots. I wish I never put this in my body. It completely changed who I was as person. I am starting to get myself back to normal again. The only thing it did for me was give me really clear skin. Now that I have stopped taking it I have started to break out but I will take pimples over putting this pill back into my body. Please be careful with Yasmin. I’m warning you from one female to another... do your research and look out for yourself. It mucked up my life."

C April 15, 2019

For Acne "I’m only on the tenth day of month two for Yasmin but my skin is horrible after taking it, I don’t know if I should stop yet though which is why I’m giving it a five. Before I was on this I would have quite a few spots on my face but they would never scar, now I’m scared the spots I’m getting on Yasmin will scar because they are worse. Still going to carry on and I’ll update but so far my skin looks really bad. I’m healthy and drink lots of water and I haven’t gained weight yet on it."

Bix05 April 12, 2019

For Acne "I spent a fortune on washes and face lamps for my acne before going to the doctor who prescribed me antibiotics which changed my life but they stopped working. I tried another antibiotic which didn’t work and then 2 other face creams. I was at my wits end and cried daily about my skin. I researched some more and came across Yasmin which started it 3 months ago. The first 6 weeks my skin was awful, worst it has ever been. I got cyst spots over my neck (never suffered with neck) and face and even places like my toe. I felt awful thinking I can’t wait another 2 months to see if it works. The last spot cleared 8 weeks in and I think I’ve had one spot since and even flying, drinking alcohol and being on my period which are usually all bad for my skin . When I first started my moods were all over the place but now my body is used to it that’s calmed down, one bad headache but I put that down to stress. Try it but don’t give up if your skin goes really bad like mine did!"

Dphill13 April 12, 2019

For Acne "Before taking Yasmin I used to have very bad acne- a lot of bumps on my forehead and painful pimples. However now after being on Yasmin for a few months, I have never had better skin. I haven’t had a single spot in months and am now a lot more comfortable in wearing no makeup. The first day I felt very depressed but after that was fine"

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2019

For Birth Control "I'm 30 and on Yasmin for acne. Since being on it I'm feeling depressed, have a low sex drive, mood swings.. Etc. Still have the same acne after 6 months. Quitting tomorrow, can't take the depression any longer. I was experiencing anxiety before Yasmin, but we found out the root of my issue were vitamin inbalances. Yasmin has taken me in the complete opposite direction. I'm done with it. I had been off birth control for 3 years and will never go back again."

Stella (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2019

For Acne "My pharmacist made a mistake gave me Yasmin instead of the Yaz that I have been taking for years. The label and the print out said Yaz but the blister pack was Yasmin. I know they are very similar and because they have the same TYPE of hormone but in different amounts and the label said Yaz, I didn’t notice that I had been taking the wrong pill for 2 weeks! My eyes have been insanely dry and irritated, been bloated, gained 2 pounds. And now I have tiny little bumps all over my chest and back. I have NEVER had body acne my entire life! And I think it’s spreading to my face. I’m getting married next month and I’m freaking out! They just acted like it was no big deal. Ugh! I know everyone’s experience is different. I had no real issues with Yaz except feeling anxious but that could have been for a lot of other reasons. I’ve always maintained the same weight and had flawless skin until I was switched to this."

Anonymous April 1, 2019

For Birth Control "Yasmin is the only birth control from the many I tried that stopped my breakthrough bleeding. It’s helped with my horrendous acne a bit too, not perfect but it’s different. Also, for two years not only was I bleeding 3/4 weeks, I had zero sex drive now on Yasmin it has gone way up! It works like magic for me! I get a little moody but I’ll take that over bleeding anyday"

Matic (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I am so emotional on Yasmin, all my emotions have been heightened and I mean the slightest thing tips me over the edge."

Bm75 March 26, 2019

For Birth Control "My dears, DO NOT resort to taking Yasmin. Before I used to wash my hair 1×week, sometimes even every 10 days, had perfect skin .I decided to give Yasmin up because I wanted to let my body get back to normal before trying to get pregnant. After approximately 6 months, I got cystic, painful acne on my temples, chin, neck, back, cheeks. My scalp started producing so much oil that the second day it was already greasy. And behold my hair texture changed: the new hair growth was so frizzy it looked fried. The major downfall were my bones which started cracking almost every 10 steps. And the anxiety was immense. I had times when I just couldn't control my mind and I thought I was going mad. It's been a bit over a year and I'm slowly getting back to normal, I have minor breakouts, my sebum production has gotten more easy to manage but I'm still not completely ridden of Yasmin's effects. So please, don't resort to BCP. Find natural ways to cure what needs to be healed. There are also many ways to prevent a pregnancy."

acr (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2019

For Acne "I've had moderate acne since I was 12, I'm now 18 and have been taking Yasmin for the past 3 1/2 months to help deal with it. I have noticed a difference, the pimples haven't stopped completely, they just occur less frequently and in smaller quantities, although this may have something to do with my not-so-great diet. I did have the first few weeks of taking the pill, where my skin was at its worst, but this went away after time. Along with the acne, my periods have become more regular. I have, also noticed my mood is more regulated, I'm not so all over the place, and my family and friends find me more sociable. However, when on my period I am sent into a few days of laziness, sadness and feeling quite lethargic."

Macy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2019