User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control 112 reviews 300 medications

5.9
Summary of Yasmin reviews 220 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "I went onto Yasmin after being on the Depo injection for a few years, which made my mild acne more like moderate-severe. The Yasmin gradually cleared my skin completely and I'm so happy with the results (I've been on it for 3-4 years now). The only thing is, that I'm also using it as BC and I think over the last few years it has given me bad mood swings, some depression and massively decreased my libido, which have all affected my relationship. I'm now looking into the Mirena IUS as my Dr is worried about me staying on Yasmin as my family has a history of breast cancer- but I'm so worried progesterone only options will make my acne come back. I found Yasmin perfect for acne treatment, but it had some unexpected negatives for me personally."

Cheerio4226 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Yasmin birth control since I'm 15. There was a few times where I had stopped taking it because -life- couldn't afford it at a younger age and I am SO forgetful I have 2 kids but I wasn't taking the birth control at those times. From me taking the pill till getting pregnant took about a year.! Both times I started taking it again recently and I've been losing weight. I have lost 10lbs. It doesn't cause acne. I don't feel lazy or drained taking it I do recommend this birth control I think it works great, from regulating a period to not getting pregnant!"

P.Adelle August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill ruined my life a few years ago and I wouldn't want anyone else to go through it. It was a nightmare from the beginning. I threw up constantly (while still gaining a ridiculous amount of weight very quickly). I went from having clear, clean skin to it looking like I had a disease. It took over a year after stopping the pill for my face to clear up. I became paranoid and depressed while having violent and unpredictable mood swings. I cried every single day. I eventually had to drop out of school because I couldn't control my moods. Horrible pill pushed by a horrible doctor."

Freddy2017 August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have previously been on yasmin for around 8 years. Before this, I was taking Dianette. Yes, the yasmin pill was an effective treatment for controlling my acne, but I didn't realise whilst taking it that I was actually suffering from side effects. These included a huge appetite, constant fatigue, migraines, mild depression, anxiety, mood swings, and the rare side effect of excessive sweating. I have since come off the pill now for 4 months and all these issues have slowly resolved, although the depression and anxiety increased for 2 months after coming off. My acne has returned with vengeance at the age of 28 and my hair has thinned a lot because of all the hormonal changes. DON'T TAKE IT! YOU WILL PROBABLY REGRET IT IN THE LONG RUN!"

Jessica A August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I would only recommend this for hormonal cystic acne, it did nothing for my blackheads and closed comodones and after one year I stopped taking it. There were a few side effects, especially lowered libido but nothing scary."

Xxvespera August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I am have just completed my 3rd packet of yasmin. My acne is much much better. Skin feels a lot smoother. I am no longer having the large cystic acne and pus filled nodules. I get odd pimples and my skin is far from perfect but there is a massive improvement. They do say give it at least up to 6 months to get the full benefits of it. I will write another review in 6months. Also I advise not just to rely on yasmin but keep a strict skincare routine."

Kikid (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I don't normally leave reviews but this page has helped me so much today I feel to share my experiences in the hope that it will help others too. I started taking Yasmin 4 months ago and everything was fine for the first 2 packs. Periods were very short and light, skin was clear, no problems at all. I'm a first time mum so my stress levels are are always high so when I started feeling bouts of anxiety I thought nothing of it. 2 months on and I feel like I'm a different person, I cry every day, bouts of uncontrollable rage, lethargy, depression - the works! Stupidly I didn't put 2 and 2 together until the weight gain began, almost 1kg per month! Suffice to say this pill isn't for everybody!"

Ldot (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "BEWARE THE DEVIL PILL!! The utmost worst experience of my life on Yasmin. The first month was ok..... continued to take it, up until the third month I started to see the side effects creeping through. My hair was falling out and I began to get very thin lining on the top of my scalp which is horrible!!! And looks horrible too. My anxiety was at its worst I gained at least 10 kilos within four months of being on this pill and was recommended by my doctor to take it as it is one that most likely you wouldn't gain weight on I guess all bodies are different. However... The 5/6th month of being on this pill was the worst time of my life.... my depression was so high and strong and I felt as though I could not function at all! Don't recommend it"

Kathy.E August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've had acne my entire life tried everything from roaccutane to special diets to expensive creams and nothing worked. Started Yasmin and my skin became absolutely flawless. I wanted a kid, so I stopped the pill and my acne came back instantly. My son is now 5 months and I've started Yasmin again because I need my acne to be gone! I'm 29 and it's annoying to have skin his bad. This pill makes me crazy, but I'll take the craziness for clear skin. My sex drive disappeared while I was on it too. Lost weight which was a plus."

Nateish (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle, heavy flow, intolerable cramps and mood swings. I went to a doctor and she found that I had myoma in my uterus; it has been causing the heavy flow and pain. She put me on Yasmin saying that it will ease the pain, decrease my flow and make the cycle regular. The first pack made me so miserable because I couldn't stopped bleeding, I bled for 29 days straight with heavy flow, like it was the first day of my period. The doctor made me stop taking it because I was bleeding too much, she said that my body is reacting too much to the pill. Other than this, decreased appetite, better mood, bigger boobs. Couldn't see a difference in my acne."

Samdarko (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Awful pill! I started taking this pill three months ago as my previous pill was making me hypersensitive to the sun (Gedarel). I think I'd rather live like a vampire than try and cope with the mood swings from this pill. My poor fiancé has even mentioned how bad my mood swings have been and it makes me feel awful being so up and down all the time. I am going to change it this week and hopefully be more successful with the next one. I am a very happy go lucky person and this pill is the worst I have ever been on. I have been on Micro 30, Dianette and Gedarel in the past 7 years and is one is by far the worst. My sister is on this one too and she is fine so just goes to show how individual it can be to react to certain pills."

Kezbeth (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was super terrified to try yasmin, but I wanted to try it for my hormonal acne. Yasmin has really helped (so far), my face has been gradually clearing up during the past 3 weeks and my painful cysts are flattening. My skin is whiter too - less red and blotchy. So happy about that! I lost about 5 kilos in 3 days. I wore one pair of pants one day that were tight and had to change them at the end of the day because my thighs and stomach had so noticeably shrunk. It was like I took some kind of shrinking potion! I kept my chest though :) I love yasmin so far. I have more energy, less hair fall, better skin, no emotional flairs, and it's helped with the insomnia that I got after my friend died. I sleep like a baby now. I was slightly nauseous for the first 2 days."

CCKara (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "It did stop my acne but now that I decided to stop it, my hair is falling out so badly I am not sure It will be any hair left... I am regretting the minute I started this pill. Don't make the same mistake. It WILL make you bald!"

Lesleynoa (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This pill was great for the first year, I lost weight, had no side effects and light periods. I then started having TERRIBLE problems with my stomach, similar to IBS-D. I have since done a lot of reading and found that many women have had this experience with Yasmin. I am switching to the vaginal ring this week and hope that my stomach problems will go away somewhat. I also have started suffering from migraines before and during my period break which I never had before."

NC90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Before taking Yasmin I was taking ortho-tri-cyclin, and didn't realize what a nightmare that bc was until I actually switched. I'm in such a good mood on Yasmin (especially right before my period) compared to how I was on ortho-tri-cyclin. I have also lost 30 pounds since I got on this medication, but I am on Wellbutrin which is known for weight loss and I also lift heavy weights 6 days a week and really changed up my diet after my first year of college. I put on a lot of weight during my freshman year (about 20 pounds) and after switching to this I weigh less than I ever did in high school!! But Yasmin did NOT make me gain weight. I really recommend this bc, it helped me a lot and I feel back to my normal self since being on it"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Please !!!! If you are taking Yasmin/Yaz stop immediately. 8 years ago at 37 I had a blood clot in my leg (DVT) that moved into both sides of lungs (PE) I was completely healthy ! I had two filters and stent inserted. When I went into the hospital the doctors and nurses told me they see way too many young women die or almost die from blood clots from Yasmin. Please research it ! I now 8 yrs later have to go back in to get my last filter removed so please just switch to another brand of birth control. It could seriously save your life !"

Cink (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I advise you all, to not take this pill. It is an absolute nightmare. If you wish is to cry all day long, get angry at everyone, have other people mad at you for being emotional, not be able to do anything with your life, and generally if you are wishing for misery, then this is the pill for you. But I would like to take revenge against the people who invented this pill. They knew if they up the estrogen dose on the pill their patients would need to be prescribed antidepressants which - CHA-CHING!! - is a plus for them as their eyeballs look like this ($) ($). This goes for Loestrin Fe too, which I am on now."

BaDumTss (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Yasmin for 11 years now consistently and have absolutely zero issues, complaints or problems. No weight gain, clear skin, and my moods are as normal and fluctuate based on my regular monthly hormone fluctuations. However I see numerous comments on the first few weeks from users, and it's important to know that everyone is different! We are all built uniquely and our bodies have a one of a kind reaction to anything, particularly birth control. I'm a nurse in the public health sector and I advise all my patients to give their new birth control at least 3 months before deciding to call it quits. There's a lot of hormones going into your body at once and you need to let it settle! Good luck with whatever contraception you choose"

Moocat (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Great as a contraceptive. No weight gain. clear skin. Unfortunately constipated and major hair loss. 6 months after stopping the pill, constipation was much less, my hair started to grow back & my skin was not as clear anymore."

Justynaweyers June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been taking Yasmin for about two weeks and so far I have not noticed any side effects. It hasn't had an impact on my mood at all, which is good, but also hasn't affected my skin, still being patient because it's supposed to work from about 3 months. I was told by my GP to carry on taking the lynecycline that I have been taking for the last two months because I needed to settle down with Yasmin before I could come off lymecycline. I've felt no effect of taking both of them but it's obvious if I miss out a couple of lynecycline capsules because my skin suddenly explodes with whiteheads. Now I'm just waiting to see if Yasmin will do anything for my skin and when I can come off lynecycline."

Sailor189084 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 22 and I've been taking yasmin for almost a year and it's pretty much okay, my skin is clear and cramps and PMS are a lot better than before. Side effects though are weight gain (around 13 lbs) along with bigger boobs and everything which is really not great. Also I have zero sex drive which is making me feel bad. I am thinking about switching to a lower dosage pill but I'm not sure about other pills because I have migraines and I'm worried it'll get worse (yasmin didn't really affect it)."

chahh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have had acne since I was 12 and I am now 29. I have tried everything from roaccutane to expensive cosmetic treatments to diets. I was nervous about going on yasmin as I took a pill previously called gedarel for my skin, which made me feel mental. Yasmin did make me feel a tiny bit moody but that was the only symptom. First month I broke out terribly. It was the worst break out in about 2 years. I am now on my 2nd month pack and skin is starting to clear. I do follow a strict skincare regime as well, always removing makeup, using toner and a good oil free moisturiser (dermalogica-active moist is the best cream I have ever come across for acne prone skin). I also exfoliate 2 times a week with glycolic peel."

Kay1987 June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Yasmin/generic brand in January 2017. I was put on anti-depressants at the same time. The first one was citalopram. I blamed it for my feeling out of it and depressed. After reading some of these comments I realize it possibly was the Yasmin. I'm not sure about anyone else but I have uncontrollable, teary, depression during the 2nd week of the pills. I am at a point where I will probably change because this is not good for my mental health. As awful as this medication is for my mental health, it has been helpful in lowering my flow and cramps. That's the only bright side of this medication for me."

Ali_Badazzle June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "just over a week on from taking yasmin... first fews days a noticed being slightly more emotional as in I cried pretty much every day for 3 days but my angryness was a lot calmer, iI found that it relaxed me a bit.... crying has stopped after roughly 3rd day in. Generally feeling happier and more calm , being a moody person due to hormones yasmin has helped with this. My skin has not yet cleared up.... hoping it does but will keep updated only been a week. my head I believe has been a bit cloudy, e.g. was driving the other day and didn't feel like i was completely there and hard to concentrate sometimes. I'm not sure if this is from yasmin but it might be worth thinking about and checking in on. bloatedness has gone! and decreased appetite."

yaz - one week in June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I decided to try out Yasmin in the hopes that it would help clear my skin. For a long time I had suffered from hormonal acne primarily along my jawline and my doctor thought that Yasmin might be a good solution for me. It took exactly 3 months on the pill for my hormones to stabilize but since then my skin looks great. I've been on the pill for 7 months now and I never get breakouts anymore, it has really boosted my confidence. I've also been lucky in that I haven't really noticed any side effects. I've gotten slightly bigger boobs, but that's about it. For me, Yasmin is the best. And for everybody out there who's trying it out - be patient, it takes a while for the hormones to stabilize but when it happens the result is wonderful."

PippafromSweden May 22, 2017