User Reviews for Yasmin

Acne 71 reviews 527 medications

Birth Control 87 reviews 293 medications

Summary of Yasmin reviews 176 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Yasmin

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 18 and the last year I have been developing ovarian cysts. Pretty painful periods were an everyday thing for me but a week ago it got worse with my period. I was on the 4th day and I was still bleeding a lot. My mother decided we should go to the gyno and I had an ovarian cysts again around 4cm!! Since a pill I had used once that helped shrink the cysts discontinued I had to begin taking birth control pills. I started yasmin 4 days ago and my breasts feel stiff and today m y eyes are kinda swollen but in general nothing worse considering dangerous. Those pills do affect your hormones and body you can't expect amazing results without a drawback or two. I will be taking Yasmin for a month around, will update soon."

Anonymous January 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Yasmin for 10 years, yes 10 and I am finally getting the guts to change contraception. My periods themselves are a complete breeze, light enough, minimal cramping, but the gap between the last pill in my pack and my period actually coming is horrendous. As a teen and in my early 20s it made me really down but just for a day, one day felt like the trade-off for not getting pregnant and I accepted it, now it's crippling migraines that effect my ability to function. Along with no sex drive. Fear of pregnancy, bad doctors and lack of education kept me suffering for years. Know your body and stand your ground. It might work for some but know when it's not working for you!"

Natcat90 January 4, 2017

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I've been on Yasmin for about a month and a half now. I didn't experience any side effects for the first two weeks of taking it, and then gradually I started feeling more moody, irritable and depressed. My sex drive also went away around the time it would normally be in overdrive. I haven't gotten any acne from this pill, nor weight gain. I did notice that I wasn't nearly as crazy just before my period like normal, so it has helped with actual PMDD so far. I'm now halfway through my second month on it, and it actually seems better so far. My sex drive has improved and I haven't been moody or depressed. Still no acne or weight gain. I think this pill just takes time to adjust to your body for some people."

Yasmin User (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2017

For Birth Control "Going on Yasmin was absolutely horrible. I only lasted a week because it made me feel horribly depressed. I felt like crying all the time and just wanted to lie down and stare at the wall. It also made me nauseous all the time. Within a couple days I had multiple large zits, and I usually have minimal acne. It also killed my libido. After I stopped the pill I had two separate periods within a week of each other, and it messed with my hormones so much that I cried every day for a month straight. I will never take this Yasmin ever again."

Unhappy customer December 24, 2016

For Birth Control "This was my first pill I have ever tried, and it was by far the worst one. Depression is a silent killer, no sex drive, tired, weight gain. It was not healthy for me, when I quit it I felt much better and became myself again, not worth it."

J.xo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control to prevent ovarian cysts, as my last one wasn't effective resulting in my ovary twisting. In the beginning I felt the same but suddenly began having extreme nausea. Ive been nauseous for about 4 days and it just has not let up. The pill also has been affecting my appetite immensely resulting in weight loss, which I'm not complaining about. So far I've had no issues with ovarian cysts, but it is early."

Litmas (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

For Acne "I'm 32 and I've been on this pill since I was about 19. About 6 months ago I ran out of pills but I was busy and kept forgetting to make an appointment with my GP so stayed off it. BIG MISTAKE. I am now plagued with cystic acne as bad as I had as a teenager! I had completely forgotten how bad it was and how painful my skin was. I now have to wait another months before I can even get any more as my GP is fully booked up. Christmas and New Year will be spent inside avoiding people. All Hail Yasmin."

Lunalily (taken for 10 years or more) December 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been using this pill for 1 week now, this is my first birth control pill I have used. I am 15 and mainly wanted it for my acne and I had really really bad cramps and heavy periods. my OBGYN told me to start it on the day I started my period so I did that. The first day my head felt cloudy, and I felt as if I was high. When I woke up the next morning I had to run to the bathroom and threw up, mainly just dry heaves. I normally bloat when I'm on my period but I seem bigger than usual and my breast are extremely tender. But other people said it decreased there sex drive but I feel like it has done the complete opposite for me. My periods normally last for 8 days and I'm on my 4th right now with little to no bleeding."

....1234 December 12, 2016

For Birth Control "After years of suffering with PMDD I persuaded my Gp to let me try Yasmin as a last ditch attempt at trying to have a normal life on birth control but to help the severity of my periods. I agree with some of the comments on here about mood swings but I also think that is to do with my own level of hormones and that if you stick with it after a while this pill does work!! I have found my happy medium which is 10mg of Citalopram (AD) and this pill combined.... I feel happy and myself all the time and although maybe a tiny bit irritable prior to my period ... generally a lot happier!! Go Yasmin! :)"

LucyCheeseman1985 December 9, 2016

For Acne "I started this pill a month ago and have now just started my second strip. I started this pill as I started to get a few spots on my t zone and cheeks and wanted to have clear skin. I visited my doctor and she gave me the yasmin pill, biggest mistake of my life. I have severe acne in all areas of the face, very red and dry including many black and white heads. I seem to have noticed that in my 7 day break that my acne went down quite abit so I have decided to stop this pill. Worst experience ever"

Lazypoo73927 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

For Acne "Today I've been on Yasmin for 4 weeks. I started taking it mostly because of My skin, I have had mild hormonal acne since I was twelve (I'm 18). My skin has Always been combination with a more oily T-zone and dry cheeks. The surface of the skin dries out easily though, maybe because of the retinoid gel I used. I've not looked this good since I tried antibiotics (It came back afterwards) and when I get pimples, one wash with my estee lauder cleansing make them go away overnight. Its a commitment though, I started on the first day of My period and i had a 2 week long period spotting everyday for the last 2 weeks. My breasts grew two sizes as well, and i lost most of My appetite. makes me dizzy sometimes. Otherwise:perfect."

Matildaekkkkk December 2, 2016

For Acne "I started Yasmin pill 3 days ago and I am definitely not going to be carrying on with it because I have had shortness of breath which could be related to me panicking and worrying about the side effects, I also have hand numbness in my left hand, dizziness and tingling. Although I haven't been on it long enough I do believe it helps acne very often because if your acne is hormonal and you break out during your period, when your due on or around your ovulation times going on the pill should hopefully stop this from happening, we all react in different ways so I wish you the best of luck(:"

Elisse (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

For Acne "I've been on Yasmin nearly one month and my skin has improved so much! I'm so happy! I feel so much more confident my skin still has a few spots but literally nothing compared to what it was like before! About to go on my Seven day break so hopefully it doesn't break me out but so far I'm really impressed the only down side is my moods have been all over and I have been up and down it was really bad when I first started on it but it seems to be settling down now! For me it was worth going through that to help my skin because it affected my confidence!"

Jessbwbwbebebbw (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

For Birth Control "First pill I tried. It didn't really give me noticeable side effects, but not many benefits besides no pregnancy. It didn't decrease cramps by much. I still got wicked headaches that would make me nauseous, and it decreased my sex drive. Over all when I stopped taking it I felt like I had come out of a fog, as if the pill had been dulling senses beyond just my sex drive. Happier to be on Sprintec now."

Lisa W. (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 13, 2016

For Acne "Don't ever try this pill. This pills has given me the most horrible experience in my life. There are only negative side effects, I have only taken three months and my face is full of Whitehead's, red lumps and pimples all over my chin and cheek area. There are still red scars on my face . Horrible, I don't understand why this pill works for others and to the extreme not on others... Is it because the younger you are, yasmin is better for you? If you are over 35 then it's so bad for your face?"

Oh my goodness November 10, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I've only been on Yasmin for a week and I can't say I've even had any really noticeable side effects as I'm already an emotional person in general I haven't seen much change. I hear you get nauseous if you take it on an empty stomach so I take it every night after dinner so I don't run into that problem. My skin hasn't really changed. I've never really had break outs I just get a few pimples here and there and that's what I'm having now but that's what I expected with this changing my hormones. I think a lot of it has to do with tricking your mind into having the side effects. I haven't noticed any changes except I'm way more thirsty from like it is a diuretic so I've drank tons of water and actually lost 6 pounds. I love it so far :)"

Deswise November 5, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill has its upsides and downsides. I suffer from chronic severe migraines possibly hormone related and although in the beginning they got a lot worse, after one year on the pill my migraines have reduced to almost non-existent. I also suffer from PCOS and saw dramatic improvement with my periods. They became lighter and always on their time, whereas before the pill I used to bleed 2-3 times per month. However, this pill is not a panacea and it is definitely not harmless. My libido has reduced, I too experience the occasional paranoia and extreme irritability, my cholesterol and triglycerides have risen although I follow a balanced diet and exercise but I did not gain any weight. All in all this pill works but needs a lot of patience."

Emilianagr October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Very bad experience with this drug...i gained a lot of weight...also it killed my libido!!!!"

ami80 October 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I only lasted on Yasmin for 2.5 weeks. I'm a 29 year old mommy of 1, and haven't taken birth control in about two years. Without any birth control, my periods were very regular and my acne was moderate. I'm a fitness lover, so I'm very strict with exercise and nutrition and I keep my weight in check at all times. My OB prescribed Yasmin to treat my ovulation and menstrual cramping and moderate PMS. This pill turned me into someone else entirely. Within the first two weeks, I had acne all over my chin and under my nose. I became extremely moody, weepy, depressed, anxious, paranoid and jealous. The anxiety made my chest tight and it was hard to take deep breaths at times. I kept telling my husband when we would go out in public that I felt like I was walking in some sort of "dream world" --I wasn't really there. ...And the weight gain! I spend 5-6 days in the gym every week and eat very healthy--only splurging on small cheat meals on the weekends. In one week, I gained 4 pounds without changing anything, and my stomach stayed hard and bloated looking-it looked like I was pregnant! On top of all of that, my breasts were sore and I had breakthrough bleeding starting on week 2. I'll take cramping and PMS any day over the side effects associated with this pill."

29yearoldmommy October 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I have PCOS and struggle with mood swings, hair loss, and pretty severe hirsutism. I have had a lot of success with Yasmin for all of the above. The most notable and stable difference comes after the 6 month mark. My body and facial hair grow back thinner and at a much slower pace, my mood is very stable and I don't lose anywhere the same amount of hair from my scalp. I also have easy and comfortable periods and my appetite is very stable on Yasmin, which I can't say about other pills. I haven't put on any weight as a result. The first 2 weeks of being on Yasmin can be difficult (nausea, headaches) and I don't recommend it for very sedentery/very unfit ladies, as the risk of clotting is slightly higher because of its Drospirenone content."

Treating PCOS (Very Hirsute) October 7, 2016

For Acne "I have been on Yasmin for 6-7 months now. I was on Sprintec before (the generic of Otho Cyclen) but I switched over because I thought Yasmin would be better at not causing weight gain. I definitely haven't noticed much weight gain, and everything has been great except for my acne. I have never really had bad acne before going on this pill. Yasmin caused cystic acne all over my cheeks, chin, and along my mouth/jawline. I remember reading that acne in these areas are always to do with your hormones. I skipped my period for the past 1-2 months so I decided to take off and go on the placebo week. Now that its my 4th day off of it, my acne has gone down significantly and is even starting to fade. I'm seriously thinking of stopping this pill."

kaylita (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been diagnosed with PCOS and it was chosen that I would take Yasmin. I was fine for 4 months, then I started bleeding and didn't stop for over 3 weeks! Dreadful pill! Didn't help properly at all! I don't advise for anyone to take it!"

00Chloe123456789 September 28, 2016

For Acne "I first started with ro accutane to get my acne away and then went onto dianette but that gave me a blood clot. I was on Yasmin for 2 years and my skin wasn't perfect as I had scars but it was a hell of a lot better. Recently I had an a miscarriage so obviously wasn't taking my pill for a while, and now I'm back taking Yasmin (it's been a week) my chin is absolutely sick looks like a pizza! But I know it gets better so just hold on in there guys "

Rosie1997 September 8, 2016

For Acne "The first 3 months of Yasmin were horrendous, I had cystic spots all along my jaw, between my eyebrows, on my cheeks and even my back. My skin was very dry and I could not stop needing a pee! The cysts stopped appearing In the 3rd month but continued to have lots of spots on my jawline. Im currently on month 6, I still get spots (sigh) but I haven't had more than 3 at one time and they are very small ones which heal quickly and are easily covered with make up. I no longer have spots on my back either but I'm living with quite bad scarring. I really had my confidence knocked but looking at how my skin has improved now those 3 months in hiding were worth it!"

Sarahmc123 September 6, 2016

For Acne "I am on my third week of the Yasmin pill and my skin has got progressively worse than it ever has been before. I feel as though I have put on weight and I am also constantly bloated. I'm hoping that this is normal due to my hormones trying to rebalance but I am afraid of staying on a pill that is actually worse for me."

SydLou (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016