User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Yasmin reviews 6.2 273 reviews

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "I'm 21 and I unfortunately have really bad acne on my face and body. My gynecologist put me on Yasmin for about a month maybe less before changing it to Blisovi Fe. I have never been on birth control before until now. While on Yasmin the only thing I noticed was that I had an increased appetite. Other than that I didn't have any other side effects. Before Yasmin my acne would cause me a lot of pain everyday. Then Yasmin made my acne have a lot of the swelling that would cause me pain, that has gone down and now I'm able to wash my face and body without being in too much pain. I'm hoping that in the months to come I'll see improvement in my skin and that it'll clear up while on Blisovi Fe."

Cat097 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Birth Control "You guys are all freaking me out. I’ve been on Yasmin for 15 years!!!!!! I decided to go off it to see if my melasma would go away. But those 15 years were great. Good skin, no issues, or so I thought none that were related to my birth control. Now you’re telling me it causes anxiety, depression, and even eczema! I suffered from this not knowing it could have something to do with my birth control. Now I’ve been off it for 3 months and my skin is an acne nightmare, my hair lady told me my texture was totally different ( thinner) and that I had hair loss at my hairline, hair is greasy, and I’m totally depressed! Not to mention I have no health insurance so I hope everything is ok internally with blood clots and stuff! I’m freaking out. I thought I liked yas but if this is what I get for being on it so long, I’m scared."

Carly September 3, 2018

For Acne "Yasmin has been wonderful at clearing my hormonal acne. It took about 4 months to go from a lot of angry spots to smooth beautiful skin. It also makes my hair shinier and healthier. Unfortunately, this is where the good things end! Despite claims it helps with water retention, I do suffer from it. I have got much more appetite and cravings than before, which don't help. My moods swings are crazy, I often feel really sad and depressed. Bigger and painful breasts. Bloating. Tiredness. I really wanted to like Yasmin but it's not working for me! I will stop it and already getting ready for the spots to come back but I'd rather feel sane and myself again. Good luck to everyone, it can work wonder for some, you need to try for yourself."

Alex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

For Acne "I need help I’m on Yasmin for a little over 4months now and I’m so confused, I don’t know if it’s helping or if it’s going to work, every month for the past 4 months during the week break my skin would clear which is great but as soon as starting another pack I’d break out this month my skin didn’t even clear as much I still had little breakouts, also my break outs are not as severe anymore but sometimes they are. I really need some advice as too wether I should continue or not."

Selly (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have had severe depression and anxiety since my early teens. I’m now 29 and last year I went off Effexor (antidepressant) as it stopped working. I went on a number of antidepressants after that, the last one was Prozac, which gave me the worst acne of my life, even 6 months after I came off it. I’ve been on Yasmin for just a month, and finally my acne has calmed down. My skin is almost entirely clear, my moods have stabilised (still get a bit depressed and anxious but recover quickly) and my boobs have gone up TWO CUPS SIZES! I have always been really flat-cheated and suddenly I have boobs, it’s great. They are painful, hopefully that subsides. Even if they go back to normal, I am so thankful to Yasmin. I feel sane again!"

Kez (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill gave me the worst eczema of my life!! I had eczema for 5 years while taking it and stopped for a year. Eczema was gone!! I am on it for 8 days now again and my eczema is back!! It is confirmed!! Yasmin was responsible for my horrible eczema days!!!"

Lesleynoa (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I was diagnosed with PCOS in January 2018. My doctor prescribed Yasmin 28 to take for 1 year. I started the pill in February 2018. During the first week, I experienced, dry mouth and loss of appetite. However, that passed. During the week of my scheduled period, I experienced heavy to severe bleeding for the first 4 days of my period. Another side effect that I felt vaginal itching and discharge. However, I started taking Probiotic pills daily and that subsided immediately. Between the months of February and up to this present moment, I have felt depressed and anxious. I don't think Yasmin 28 is worth it, especially based on how it's been making me feel. I officially stopped taking Yasmin 28, 4 days ago. I hope my depressed and anxious moods will improve."

PCOSLady (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Acne "Yasmin worked a miracle for my acne. I suffered extremely bad acne on my back, chest and some on my face, within a month or two it was almost completely cleared up. Then I went off it .As far as weight I actually believe since being off yasmin I've gained weight and my acne is back worse than ever. I've just got my new script for the next lot and I'm so excited!!!"

Tay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2018

For Acne "I have been on Yasmin for about 9 months now. It took between 5 to 6 months to have acne free skin on a regular basis. I still get a few smaller cysts occasionally during the off week, but they diminish quicker. I have struggled with acne since my early teens and I am now 40. I tried one round of accutane in my teens, minocycline on and off for years, and was prescribed yasmin by my new dermatologist. As frustrating and sometimes devastating to see your acne getting worse, as long as your not experiencing major side effects, please give this drug time to even out your hormones. I'm sure like all drugs, it's not for everyone, but I am so delighted by the clear skin I see in the mirror now. Then there's the wrinkles starting... lol. But that's for another forum ;)"

Ziggy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2018

For Acne "I took this pill for less than a month. My acne got worse than it has ever been before. I'd never had issues with anxiety and self esteem until I took the pill. The pill controlled my emotions and I was always down and "depressed". I took the pill specifically for acne but it only made mine worse. My skin was sensitive, the acne was flared and bubble-like. My skin was hard like a rock when I touched it and any movement would cause it pain. Worst experience and I regret taking it. With those who have acne issues and don't specifically care for a birth control; I recommend using a cream called TactuPump (adapalene - benzoyl peroxide) it does require a prescription but it works wonders and 3 months tops your skin will be clear. You'll even notice results within the first 3 weeks"

jas (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Originally went on yasmin as my skin was terrible and I wanted to have more control over my periods. They were heavy lasted 7 days and got severe stomach cramps. Made my skin so clear and also made my boobs go up two cup sizes which worked wonders for my confidence. I suffer from anxiety and take tablets for this also but didn’t find the pill to make this any better or worse. However whilst I loved the pill when I was on it I found it difficult during seven day breaks as my periods were still awful and long when coming off it. Therefore I tried the mini pill instead however found this awful and made me feel depressed. Therefore I’ve come back on yasmin and I’m hoping after a bit longer on it my periods will be lighter."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

For Acne "Month two and my skin has cleared up by 80 percent combined with prescription face wash. I was looking at accutane as the next option because I have tried everything including a vegan diet!!!!! However it was cystic acne that was in my cheeks and around my mouth which is very hormonal. I am 23 years old and this started getting bad around 21-22. I have always hated birth control pills because of weight gain, and side effects. However I have gained no weight and do not have that bloated ring around the belly or waist. I also no longer have sleepless nights before my period. This has solved skin issues and sleeping issues for me without bad side effects. My breast did increase in size but for me that is not a negative side effect. Sex drive has gone down but hey I am in grad school and it helps me stay more focused on my studies...lololol. Over all please ladies give this a try if your acne is hormonal its the only thing that saved me from having to undergo accutane!!!!!!!!"

Cassie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was only on this for a year and six months. I love this birth control, my skin looks great because of it and I haven't had any weight gain. Unfortunately at my year mark I started having two periods a month and my doctor has switched me off. Even two periods a month was better than what was happening before I started taking this birth control. I'll miss this birth control, I would definitely take it again."

Makkieo (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 6, 2018

For Acne "Do not use this. My skin has never been this bad. Stopped mid month because I couldn’t stand it anymore but stuck it out for a good 6 months. Awful. Absolutely awful."

Fran (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Honestly haven’t been taking it long just about two weeks but I have already noticed that it’s lowering my sex drive, making me dryer then usual and also I believe is starting a yeast infection"

Mar (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I changed from yasminelle to Yasmin because of some spotting I was having and after 5 days of being on Yasmin I started to get extremely anxious and guilty feelings over small things. I knew straight away that it was the pill, so after about a week I switched back to my old pill and after a week I feel back to normal again. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who already suffers from mild anxiety like I do myself as it amplifies it to an unbearable level. I guess it does work ad a contraceptive but it decreased my libido so much that I didn't have sex once while I was on it. It did make my skin clear up nicely but I'd honestly rather have a few spots over feeling awful about myself."

Sammy (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control has been the only one to help lighten and shorten my periods. I've been on a few different brands, as well as tried the IUD and this has been the best by far! While I did have some queasiness and sore breasts the first month, those side effects went away by month 2."

Madi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2018

For Acne "No more acne"

Risa (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m a young woman myself and I started Yasmin after my 17th birthday and it was the worst experience of my life. I experience bleeding constantly for 2 months, developed anemia and suffered severe depression. I was immediately taken off this pill and now have to endure years of taking anti depressants. I don’t advise young women to take this pill."

LR25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Birth Control "So I just finished my first pack and so far am loving it. For the first few days I felt a bit nausea but that quickly disappeared. I've also notice clearer skin and all my friends has commented on that, proof if it does show. Just a little worried that I actually see red spots under my skin much like bruising at points but those disappear after as well even though they were visible on and off through out the pack."

Rochelle (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Worst pill ever taken, destroyed my confidence and looks. Never take this stuff. Gave me melasma which is horrific"

Pissed off (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 3 months and ended up very sick with an auto immune disorder (erythema nodosum) after I recovered I stupidly got back on the pill (as advised by my doctor) and found I was getting sick regularly. I stopped using this pill and had incredibly painful acne on my body, which stopped after a couple of months and I stopped getting sick so often. Although I have never had a great immune system I believe this pill caused me to get sick."

A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2018

For Acne "I don’t know what to rate this right now, I have been taking Yasmin for a week now and my skin is freaking out, I’m also getting headaches I need advice."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I had been taking this for over a decade, since I was a teen. Never experienced any negative side effects at all. I needed it to regulate my period. No mood swings, no weight gain, no depression, the clearest skin ever. I stopped taking it six months ago. Experienced hair loss, tons of acne both facial and body, greasy skin and hair. It's been six months and these are starting to subside, but periods are irregular again. I'm thinking of starting up just because it was nice to have clear skin and regular periods. I would highly recommend this brand to anyone."

bunneh (taken for 10 years or more) April 26, 2018

For Acne "I'm almost done with my 2nd pack now and my acne got worse!! This is the worse since the day I was born! It is all cystic acne and very painful! The only good side effect that I can see right now is I don't get cramps. But I will still give it 2 more packs before I give up on it completely. I'll be back to give review again."

Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2018