User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control
5.3

Summary of Yasmin reviews 6.0 322 reviews

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "Before taking Yasmin I used to have very bad acne- a lot of bumps on my forehead and painful pimples. However now after being on Yasmin for a few months, I have never had better skin. I haven’t had a single spot in months and am now a lot more comfortable in wearing no makeup. The first day I felt very depressed but after that was fine"

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2019

For Birth Control "I'm 30 and on Yasmin for acne. Since being on it I'm feeling depressed, have a low sex drive, mood swings.. Etc. Still have the same acne after 6 months. Quitting tomorrow, can't take the depression any longer. I was experiencing anxiety before Yasmin, but we found out the root of my issue were vitamin inbalances. Yasmin has taken me in the complete opposite direction. I'm done with it. I had been off birth control for 3 years and will never go back again."

Stella (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2019

For Acne "My pharmacist made a mistake gave me Yasmin instead of the Yaz that I have been taking for years. The label and the print out said Yaz but the blister pack was Yasmin. I know they are very similar and because they have the same TYPE of hormone but in different amounts and the label said Yaz, I didn’t notice that I had been taking the wrong pill for 2 weeks! My eyes have been insanely dry and irritated, been bloated, gained 2 pounds. And now I have tiny little bumps all over my chest and back. I have NEVER had body acne my entire life! And I think it’s spreading to my face. I’m getting married next month and I’m freaking out! They just acted like it was no big deal. Ugh! I know everyone’s experience is different. I had no real issues with Yaz except feeling anxious but that could have been for a lot of other reasons. I’ve always maintained the same weight and had flawless skin until I was switched to this."

Anonymous April 1, 2019

For Birth Control "Yasmin is the only birth control from the many I tried that stopped my breakthrough bleeding. It’s helped with my horrendous acne a bit too, not perfect but it’s different. Also, for two years not only was I bleeding 3/4 weeks, I had zero sex drive now on Yasmin it has gone way up! It works like magic for me! I get a little moody but I’ll take that over bleeding anyday"

Matic (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I am so emotional on Yasmin, all my emotions have been heightened and I mean the slightest thing tips me over the edge."

Bm75 March 26, 2019

For Birth Control "My dears, DO NOT resort to taking Yasmin. Before I used to wash my hair 1×week, sometimes even every 10 days, had perfect skin .I decided to give Yasmin up because I wanted to let my body get back to normal before trying to get pregnant. After approximately 6 months, I got cystic, painful acne on my temples, chin, neck, back, cheeks. My scalp started producing so much oil that the second day it was already greasy. And behold my hair texture changed: the new hair growth was so frizzy it looked fried. The major downfall were my bones which started cracking almost every 10 steps. And the anxiety was immense. I had times when I just couldn't control my mind and I thought I was going mad. It's been a bit over a year and I'm slowly getting back to normal, I have minor breakouts, my sebum production has gotten more easy to manage but I'm still not completely ridden of Yasmin's effects. So please, don't resort to BCP. Find natural ways to cure what needs to be healed. There are also many ways to prevent a pregnancy."

acr (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2019

For Acne "I've had moderate acne since I was 12, I'm now 18 and have been taking Yasmin for the past 3 1/2 months to help deal with it. I have noticed a difference, the pimples haven't stopped completely, they just occur less frequently and in smaller quantities, although this may have something to do with my not-so-great diet. I did have the first few weeks of taking the pill, where my skin was at its worst, but this went away after time. Along with the acne, my periods have become more regular. I have, also noticed my mood is more regulated, I'm not so all over the place, and my family and friends find me more sociable. However, when on my period I am sent into a few days of laziness, sadness and feeling quite lethargic."

Macy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2019

For Birth Control "Its my first time trying yasmin, I recently got my IUD removed after 3 years because of all the wide array of horrible side effects that I experienced (cystic pimples, vision problem, 20lb weight gain) The first week on yasmin my libido increased, my face wasn't as oily as it was on IUD. Into the second week my face is slowly clearing up, but my libido definitely plummeted. Also I started to notice mood changes, I usually workout 4-5 days I week. But second week into yasmin I felt exhausted all the time, unmotivated, and flat out depressed. Going into my 3rd week I started to experience shortness of breath, dry eyes, tightness around the chest and anxiety. I woke up one night unable to breath and I was flush pale. I will be discontinuing this medication from today. I also have to see my family physician for a check up. Ladies I understand you want to be free of acne but the side effects on this one are not worth it."

Ashley (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

For Acne "I was diagnosed with PCOS at 15 and was on Diane for about 6 years, it did absolutely nothing and made me an emotional wreck. I switched to Yasmin and I’m now on my 3rd month of it. Already my moods are so much better, I feel happier in myself and don’t have the mood swings I was experiencing before. I am yet to notice any change with my acne but I’m hoping this will change as time goes on. I have not put on any weight with this pill and feel no nausea or cramps except small period cramps which last around a day, which is nothing compared to my periods without the pill. I think for anyone who has PCOS and is looking for another pill I’d definitely recommend this one as even in this small time frame I feel so much happier"

ally112 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I had the worst mood swings after taking Yasmin. I thought I was going crazy."

summer (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2019

For Acne "I have been on the depo injection for 2 years which was great because I had no periods, put on a few pounds and my acne was only a bit worse but I wanted to take break as depo affects your bones. I have face and body acne as I'm quite oily and it's probably also due to hormones so I started yasmin. I'm only one pack down (three weeks) and found this thread as I've just started breaking out really bad! Mostly whiteheads on my forehead, cheeks and jaw. I will leave another review when I finish my 3 month prescription, I hope it improves. I feel very nauseous after taking it but as a result I'm losing weight haha."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Yasmin for about two weeks and it has caused me so much bad. I started experiencing severe anxiety, panic attacks, lightheadedness and even problems with my vision. I’ve been off for about a week now and things are slowly, very slowly levelling out.. My eyes are still a bit messed up and my panic attacks happen probably every other day or so along with the dizziness. At first doctors had no idea what was going on with me.. which lead me to a hospital visit because the panic attacks were so severe, as well as 3 appointments with my family doctor in just a WEEK! And a CT scan to make sure I didn’t develop a blood clot in my brain from the pill!! Unfortunately I experienced some of the worst side effects of this drug! I’m extremely scared to even consider taking any form of birth control again!! Please if you care for health don’t take this pill!!!"

Yashater (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

For Acne "I went on this pill to for birth control and to minimize acne. Keep in mind that prior to this I had moderate breakouts once in a while. Going on this pill was the worst experience of my life, I had constant bleeding (3/3.5 out of 4 weeks of the month) and I developed horrible cystic acne. My mood was also terrible but I'll blame that on the constant bleeding and my horrendous acne. I will say that I did not gain any weight."

ac19 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2019

For Acne "I am 19 and have had mild to severe acne all throughout my teen years. I have tried so many different acne products such as proactive and other prescription creams but nothing ever worked. It really lowered my self esteem and I would never leave the house without makeup. I decided to try Yasmin because it was the only thing left to try before accutane and plus my periods were really irregular, so I was hoping it would help that as well. I have now been on Yasmin for 8 months and my skin is completely clear with just a few pimples every once and awhile. Also my periods regulated as soon as I started the pill. My face didn’t get worse at the beginning but it does take a few months to see results. I have been a little more moody since I started and have gained a little bit of weight (I also haven’t been exercising), but I’m for sure going to stay on it because my face is the clearest it’s ever been and I now feel comfortable leaving my house without makeup."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2019

For Birth Control "The best pill you can go on if you need to lose weight and clear up your skin! Before taking Yasmin my skin was terrible, I broke out like crazy and it was a real struggle to lose weight. Within the first 2-3 months of Yasmin my skin was beautiful and clear, and within 6 months the amount of weight I lost was crazy! At least 10 kilos lighter (along with a decent diet). The only con about Yasmin is I did get a little depressed and anxious so I decided to get off the pill, a month or two after the pill I started breaking out and I gained weight. That's why I know Yasmin helps with acne and weight loss! It's literally your best friend. I've decided to go back on the pill, can't wait to look thinner and have beautiful skin!"

Nicole February 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill a year now. Cleared all my skin and I don’t have bad cramps or mood swings when on my period! It’s worked MAGIC! I feel much more happier and capable to do things on my period as it’s not heavy. My mood swings aren’t bad anymore and my depression has gotten better. I still suffer from anxiety but the pill has not made it worse. One down side is headaches, which may or may not be caused from the pill. But over all I do recommend this pill!"

Milliema (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill is MAGIC - I have tried multiple pills, rivegdon, microgynon etc all of which have given me horrible mood swings to the point of feeling depressed. Fast forward 2 years birth control free I was prescribed Yasmin to treat my acne, within 3 months my skin was the best it had ever been, it suppresses my appetite so I've lost weight (gone from size 8 to 6), and literally saving my relationship I used to be a horrible moody clingy cow and was pushing my boyfriend away, this pill has taken the 'edge' off that usual PMT rage and has just been an overall god send. If you can get this from your GP I would recommend however everybody is different and may have a different experience to me"

personal experience (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Yasmin a year now and honestly if your doctor offers you this pill say no. They don’t tell you about the really bad mood swings you get or the anger attacks or the anxiety and depression and even the nausea I get everyday. I am now suffering with all of this because of Yasmin. I never knew how bad my anger was until my partner said about how bad it actually was. I’ve only just realised that my anger has been ridiculous over the past months. If any of you are experiencing these things I’d suggest you stop taking Yasmin and go back to your doctors for another pill. It is dangerous."

Bails (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 13, 2019

"I take this for PCOS: Pros: -No weight gain -No swollen tender breasts -No vaginal dryness Cons: -Constant crying and tearing, general feeling of sadness -Current depression state severely worsened -Extremely painful cramps, enough to yell out loud -Irrational irritability -Daily Nausea -Daily headaches ranging from mild to migraine intensity -Loss of personal motivation I primarily take this medication at night to omit some of the crazy. After 4 months of this medication, I can say I hate it with a passion. I went back to my doctor to get switched to another medications because I could not stand one more month of Yasmin. Maybe it'll work for you but unfortunately, Yasmin did not agree with me one bit."

Gwen February 13, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on this for PCO's and to to regulate periods Really bad experience on Yasmin, had really bad side effects such as extreme mood swings/ changes, depression (generally just not feeling like my usual self at all), breast tenderness and swelling, nausea, abnormal appetite (major craving that are not usual for me) and weight gain. The one week I stopped taking yasmin I lost weight, my appetite decreased a lot, my mood was back to normal, I didn’t cry all the time or feel depressed. I would not recommend yasmin, whilst it has helped my skin, it has caused more harm than good overall!"

lulu (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2019

For Acne "I've always had very oily skin since I was about 15, and have always had moderate, very irritated acne. Every single pimple leaves a mark on my skin, I suffer form really bad hyper pigmentation even if I don't pop or touch my face when a pimple appears. My acne has never been "Severe," it just gets bad around my period and is hormonal. I have been on Yasmin for 2 months and a half, and am almost done with my second pack and my face is TERRIBLE. I have never had this many pimples. I made a mistake trusting the reviews that say "Stick with it for at least 3 months" no. Only stick with it if you see improvement, and it shouldn't take more than 6-8 weeks to see improvement, If your acne is still getting worse, like mine, stop taking it. It is not for everyone. My mood swings have also been crazy like never before. This pill made me depressed, and just feel sad all the time. Please do not take this unless you have PCOS or very severe hormonal acne."

Keren (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I moved on to Yasmin because I was looking for a pill to sort out my cystic acne. At first, my skin cleared up and my boobs got much bigger (which I loved). After a few months though ,I started to feel exhausted and nauseous most afternoons. I felt like I was pregnant and it just didn’t let up! I also started to get horrendous period pains that resulted in black/dark red discharge for days at a time! I had multiple tests done at the doctors bout he couldn’t explain my symptoms. Then however, the worst side-effect of all kicked in....hair loss!!! This was extreme, everytime I touched my hair I would pull out clumps! I stopped taking Yasmin straight away and it took about 3 months for my hair to stop falling out. I think I lost about 1/3rd of my hair in total and it was one of the scariest times of my life. For anyone who is suffering hair loss, stop taking the Yasmin and IT WILL STOP and IT WILL GROW BACK! Stay positive it’s never as bad as you think it is."

Nic January 29, 2019

For Acne "This pill is AMAZING for acne. It will clear your skin up in a jiffy....the downside however, from my experience, you get very depressed and anxious around my period."

ChantieNicole (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for just about a week now. Since having it I have felt very down and not myself I have been arguing with others such as friends and my boyfriend and distancing myself. So far my skin has made no improvement but feel as if I can not judge that as I have only been on this pill for a short period of time. My sex drive has completely gone, and also just feeling very lazy . But I am already fed up of these moods and feeling Down. I don’t recommend this pill feeling so low is not healthy. If doctors give you this pill I would maybe suggest for a different one. Maybe more safer after reading certain reviews.NOT worth it !!!!"

Cassie January 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I am 18 years old and started Yasmin when I was 17. I had side effects such as nausea, abdominal pain, irregular bleeding only the first month of the pill. I’ve been on it for about 10 months now and I feel fine. My periods are much lighter but unfortunately my PMS symptoms are the same as before so I can’t say that this pill has stopped them. Overall I am happy with it and haven’t had any abnormal problems."

Rdv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2019