User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control 73 reviews 280 medications

6.4
Summary of Yasmin reviews 147 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "I began birth control around 6months ago, before starting I had absolutely no problems with my skin. The first pill I tried was Cilest which I stuck out for 4 months- awful!! My face was covered in painful lumps/acne, I waited it out as recommended for 3 months but no improvements, it only got worse. I went back to the doctos and he gave me Yasmin which I have been on it for 2 months, I have noticed such an improvement in my skin- especially my chin area which was the worst affected. I can't say it's perfect my forehead is still angry and I have marks from where the huge lumps were but after only 2 months I can't complain! Definitely recommend to try for anyone who reacted badly to an older harsher pill's"

Niamh56 July 26, 2016

For Acne "I went on Yasmine to get better skin for an upcoming event. It was the worst decision I could've made! My skin has never been this bad! My chin is full of cystic acne. Big and red and they leave terrible scars, I have now been taking them for 2 months and it only seems to be getting worse. I also have gotten some on my back, which I normally don't. Also I have had my period now for 2 weeks with terrible cramps every day!! Usually I only have it for a day or two. I feel decrease in sex drive and have felt low since I started taking Yasmine. So far these pills have only been bad for me but I do believe and hope that the side effects will linger off as I continue using them! Hopefully this is just a horrible transition phase"

EiraLl July 18, 2016

EiraL July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I started the pill purely for birth control although I've always had painfull periods and terrible skin. Since being on yazmin, my face has completely cleared and I only have a tiny amount of acne left on my upper back. My periods are no longer a nightmare and only last around 2 days and the pains have almost completely disappeared. The only downside as it costs me $74 every 3 months but other than that I love it. I haven't had a single negative side affect to date."

Tatiyana June 26, 2016

For Acne "I have been on Yasmin now for nearly 6 months and it was the best decision I ever made going on it! In the first two months I experienced a huge increase in acne all over my face but I was expecting this. By the third and fourth month it calmed down but I experienced a few bad breakouts throughout the month. The fifth month was when I started to notice drastic changes, I use to wake up with a new spot everyday but it changed to hardly breaking out at all, and the spots I did get were only small that were easy to get rid of. I'm currently at the end of the fifth month and my skin has never been better! I feel so much more confident in myself and my skin. All it takes is a little time and patience and you will get the results you want!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been having these pills for two month now as a treatment for my PCOS. I am 18 and since I started having this pill my skin went bad and I have had ance all over my face. I have completely lost my sex drive and I don't feel anything during sex. My mood has been funny and I have been sleepy and tired. I wouldn't recommend this pill it totally destroyed my sex life and my face."

habouya May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I do belive everybody experiences different symptoms. It's my third box of Yasmin and I'm probably gona give it one or two more shots but I'm thinking of quiting it. First box of my pills was a 21 day long nightmare. I had breakthrough bleeding whole month I wasn't even sure when my period started, I had huge intestinal problems. Went for two abdominal ultrasounds because of constant bloating, overly active guts and diarea/constipation (it switched every 2 or 3 days). My breasts, dear Lord, I never felt so tender in my entire life. Luckly, as the next box came, bleeding stopped so did tendernes. I still do feel bloated and gassy but it's lot better. Gonna give it one more shot but I just don't feel it's suiting me."

Anonymus21 May 11, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I began taking Yasmin when it first came out i.e. around 1999 or so for irregular periods. My PCP recommended birth control, and after researching them all I chose Yasmin as it touted the fact that the Progestin (drospirenone) contained a diuretic. After a few months I started having anxiety, insomnia, and eventually horrible depression. On the upside, because the drospirenone is an anti-androgenic progestin, my hair grew incredibly long and thick and stupid vanity kept me on it. On balance, I would not suggest this pill as a form of birth control for anyone. I eventually gained 15 lbs after a couple of years of use, and was an emotional wreck which impacted my career. My hormones never really returned to normal after stopping it either."

My Experience May 5, 2016

For Acne "I'm actually on Laila 35 which is the generic version and it has taken some time for my skin to get where it is but I had horrible cystic acne on my jawline and then just general acne on my face, chest and back. The pill has absolutely cleared my skin to the point where I can go out and not feel like I need makeup. Maybe once I have my scars treated, I might not even need makeup for school. I get heaps of compliments on how much better my skin is and looks, let alone how GOOD I feel. Unless you have acne you wouldn't understand that its not just something on you face that goes away when you use a cleanser, it's a mental thing. Take this and don't expect instant results."

ruby135 April 30, 2016

"I started taking Yasmin to clear my skin. I had history of migraine with aura but haven't had it for the last 6 months. Second month taking Yasmin I had 3 migraine attacks in one week and ended up in ER. I stop taking the pills immediately"

Sunnyday0728 April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "It was terrible. I took it years ago when it first came out. Yasmin 28, I think. My mood was down, I had upset stomach all the time. I couldn't handle diary or fats. I always felt anxious. I told my gyno, he shrugged it off as normal. Then the tipping point was when I was on the bus and I started feeling lightheaded and then lost my vision. A friend helped me off the bus where I had to sit and breathe in the cool fall air in order to regain my composure and slowly my vision came back. I stopped the pill immediately after that. My peroid only came back 3 months later and it took years before it was on track again. I went online and many women had same issues and had trouble starting a family after stopping the pill. Dangerous stuff."

CinCinD March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I don't usually review anything online but I really feel like I need to share my experience with this pill. I was on Yasmin for a year and a half and although superficially it was okay (no weight gain, no acne etc), mentally I went crazy and this seems to be the case for a lot of women. I was anxious, my mind was foggy, I was snappy and overly aggressive (which is very unlike me), and generally just didn't feel myself. I then spoke to a doctor following an anxiety breakdown and they said it could've been due to my pill. I recently changed from yasmin to another pill and it has changed my life. I FINALLY feel myself again and I've realised how much yasmin messed me up. I would not recommend this pill or experience to anyone."

123ks1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started taking this pill not yet through the first week, and already I'm covered in acne which I never had using the IUD. I decided I didn't want the IUD anymore after the five years were up because it poked my partner and is something I can't take out myself. Anyways Yasmin has caused me crazy acne like teenager status (I'm 25) and has caused me breast tenderness when I used to feel no tenderness at all. I read the reviews about gaining a cup size.. I hope that doesn't happen to me, I already have DD's. We'll see how the next few months play out, but so far NOT IMPRESSED"

Andy Candy (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I used Yasmin for over 5 years without any issues. It had no impact on my weight and cleared my skin beautifully - however perhaps gave it a tendency to be a little too dry. When I stopped the pill acne returned very quickly. It worked without any issues as birth control. In the last months, however, I developed nausea to the pills - for some reason simply the thought of taking them gave me nausea, and at some point when I had to take two at the same time I threw up bile the next morning. I continued to take the pills for a little while, but the nausea was clearly associated with them, not any other factor, so eventually I had to switch to a different brand and composition. I would still recommened; they were OK for a long time."

gennan (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was having pretty heavy pms and very irregular mensturation cycle. Now I'm almost on my first year with Yasmin and never ever pms anymore. I feel even happier as my period gets closer. All thanks to yasmin. It took a little time for my body to get adjusted. Almost for first 2 months it made it worse than ever. But I knew that was gonna happen so I was patient. And it ended up extremely well. I recommend it for anyone having severe pms and emotional problems related to period. It's also really good to know exactly when to have your period."

ElifZ (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Well one friend of mine took this pill for birth control and she almost died. For six months she walked around the house holding on to the walls, because she was so dizzy and weak. She almost never came out of it, until she tried an alternative method which released her from the terrible state she was in, due to this pill. Please stay away from this pill. Another friend of mine took Yasmin for irregular cycles before her wedding day, and her mood swung so much, she came to her wedding, depressed and extremely irratated."

Taliana February 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I love how Yasmin clears my acne up without fail (usually within first week). However, second month in and I've experienced terrible depression and feel teary at the slightest things. Feeling down is getting worse and worse as I continue taking it and I'm actually a very happy person which is why I will never touch this stuff again."

Kishkati February 21, 2016

For Acne "The best! Takes a while but keep it up. I had horrendous cystic acne around my chin and lip area. My chin would be all bumpy due to the huge spots I had like the silloeutte of a cauliflower!! 18 months on and it's the best skin I've ever had. Ever time I come off it though (2 kids) my skin goes back down hill. I am very health conscious, eat well, drink plenty of water etc. Nothing made a difference apart from this."

Vicvickie February 19, 2016

For Acne "I started Yasmin about a month and a half ago and I feel like my acne has gotten worse! My face is at its worst ever right now, my jawline and cheeks are disgusting. I am also breaking out on my upper back. Not happy. As I am only in my second month of using this pill I am going to continue as others have said by month 4, 5 or 6 their skin has gotten better. Other's have really discouraged me by saying at the end of month one they were acne free!! Not fair!!!"

anni1999 February 16, 2016

For Acne "I've been on this pill for approximately for 6 weeks and in the first two weeks I was getting cystic acne- the worst ever ! The acne was occurring mainly on my chin, around my nose and above my lips. Now I'm getting acne on my forehead, as well as weird cravings (which I have never experienced before). My skin looks far worse than before and much like a cookie."

zahraxkx February 15, 2016

For Acne "When I was 15 i started on Estelle/Brenda and this helped to clear up my skin as I had both face and back acne that started when I was 14. Although Estelle helped with my skin I also had a lot of water retention, my face became puffy/rounder and I felt like it was harder to lose weight once I had gained it. I decided to go off Estelle for a year when I was 18 and I was able to lose weight quickly but my acne came back straight away. I tried for a whole year to deal with it but just couldn't bear it. Then at 19 I went on Yasmin which was amazing for my skin! Within a couple of months it was completely clear and had no impact on my weight. It is slightly more expensive than other pills but completely worth it!"

EmmJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2016

For Acne "Love this pill. Went on it and cleared my skin, but I didn't know that Yasmin was clearing it I thought it was just the fact I was no longer a teenager. Stopped taking this pill to get an implant to avoid periods. Well, it was hell, acne came back full blown and periods were relentless. Went back to the doctor today and got Yasmin again! So excited for clear skin again!"

Yusdeep5729 February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on a number of pills in the past (aged 28, started 18) - I have been diagnosed with endometriosis so my reasoning for remaining on some sort of hormonal BC was vital to reduce the symptoms. I was placed on Yasmin after experiencing major mood swings/depression on Yaz. Yasmin seemed to reduce these mood swings considerably. Since Yasmin my periods, although regular, have been light and cramping has been reduced/completely absent. Amazing! (5 years on it now). I have been getting migraines for the last 2 years so might have to change my BC again. One's body changes with age, I guess our meds need to too."

InterestedBystander (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've tried going on Yasmin twice before after being on different pills (I changed because of weight-gain), but never lasted more than 3 days on it because of the intense mood swings on it. This is the third time trying it and I'm just going on a week and I've never felt worse in my life. I get major mood swings, feel like I'm always on the verge of crying, getting easily irritated, getting jealous/paranoid and have a strange feeling of 'self-awareness'. I'm not happy and will be changing back to the previous pill as soon as possible. Seems to have worked well with others but for me, it's been a nightmare."

Unknown1801 January 10, 2016

For Acne "When I was 13 I had horrible acne and a little over weight. After I took Yasmin for a complete month my acne was just about completely gone and after a couple more months I even lost a few pounds!! I did experience anxiety, but from reading some reviews about Yasmin if you take a multivitamin your symptoms will go away including your sex drive problem caused by the pill. I haven't taken Yasmin for about a few weeks so that I could give my body a rest but I want my Yasmin back!"

Anonymous January 5, 2016