User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control 98 reviews 299 medications

5.9
Summary of Yasmin reviews 193 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Yasmin

For Birth Control "At first I thought this pill was great, after 9 months however I was an emotional mess and a stone heavier! Different pills work for different people so it's always better to try things rather than taking these reviews for gospel but they really didn't agree with me in the end. I was prescribed anti-depressants 2 months after starting Yasmin and didn't see the connection. It was only when I was finding it hard to cope whilst on the antidepressants that I did a bit of research! I've stopped taking Yasmin now and it's been almost a month. I still have the odd over thinking episode but I'm largely so much better!!! I'm still on antidepressants and have started taking the POP on Drs advice! I didn't get pregnant though so it works!"

Hayley Seaweed April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've recently come off yasmin due to reading about the increased risk of blood clots. However I was on it for a number of years and had an OK experience with it. The positives were I had no headaches (I had excruciating migraines with marvelon) and my skin was perfect - only the occasional spot before my period similar to what it was like on diannette. However the bad side effects for me were weight gain, I put on roughly half a stone which no matter what I couldn't shift and I was tired all the time. I also had zero sex drive. I'd recommend trying yasmin if you're concerned about acne and particularly if you're looking to come off diannette. However as I say it's not perfect and everyone reacts differently."

Becca K (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I am surprised how fast people give up on this pill. It can take up to 2-6 months for any birth control pill to eradicate acne. I'm taking Yasmin to prevent acne on my scalp. It took 1 month to work. I really like this pill."

Million M April 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've taken Yasmin for 3 days the second day I had calf pain in my right leg felt it a lot with walking was hoping it would go away next day but that night waking up at 5am throwing up and still feel the calf pain. I wished this worked for me cause it seemed best for my acne."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on the Yasmin pill for about 8 months now and I've turned into a diffferent person, hormonal, angry, I cry pretty much every day. I would not recommend this pill ladies. So many other options. This pill is literally the devil"

Sophiesheu March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This has been the best pills I have used. They have helped me lose weight, no hair lost instead it has been growing, no mood swings, no depression."

MarielP March 13, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking Yasmin for 8 years (with a 10 month break after 5 years). I stopped to have a baby, pregnant within the first month off the pill and back on it right after birth. This pill has been great! Clear skin, no weight gain or side effects. I think people starting any pill will have a rough beginning but give it a chance. All body types are different so nothing works for everyone.... But this worked great for me."

Palsar7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I don't recommend this pill. Caused a massive hairloss , I lost my beautiful thick hair , I'm nearly bald. The biggest nightmare of my life , never again."

vdsvbgfb March 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been on Yasmin for a few years and I will never come off it now. I tried so many different things to clear up my cystic acne. I had it for about 5 years mainly on my jaw line and nothing got rid of it. I tried different topical treatments, face washes, not wearing make up and different pills but nothing worked. Within a month or so of being on Yasmin I noticed I wasn't getting any big spots. My skin was clearing up majorly and It has been a life saver since. I get the odd spot here and there now but I can deal with that."

Sm2295 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I use Yasmin 28 for both acne and birth control, and it has been a life-saver! My PCP put me on Tri-Lo Sprintec, and I broke out horribly before it got better. I had new whiteheads on my cheeks and other places I had never broken out before. Right when my skin started clearing up after a few months, my OBGYN put me on Yasmin and said since it was a monophasic pill, it would work better for my skin and needs. I haven't had a new zit in about 3 weeks. I also have not had any of the side effects other than moodiness, and I do get thirsty and have dry mouth after taking it, but those are minor compared to acne! I definitely recommend this."

Rae-Roo February 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I took this pill as a last resort as I thought lymecyline wasn't working but wasn't making my skin worst, so I opted for Yasmin worst choice I have ever made! By the 3rd day I had dry skin and a large cluster of spots round my jaw! This didn't work for me and I'm not willing to wait anymore, however there is no harm in trying just beware, also duac cream, I wouldn't recommend it burns and dries skin out."

Ellie2199 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I lasted only 1 month on this pill. As soon as I started taking this, I was am emotional, angry, anxious mess. Everything either made me angry or it made me cry. I was also exhausted all the time. I normally work out 2-3 times a week, but I noticed I was so tired everyday, I only worked out maybe once a week. As for weight gain, I think I might have gained some water weight, but nothing too noticeable. It didn't affect my appetite too much either.I was on Junel Fe before which was great until the very end, where I started getting abnormal periods. I'm on my placebo/period week now and cramping and heavy flow. Two things I didn't have much of with Junel. I'm switching to Apri next week, and praying it works better for me!"

lovelikelola (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Terrible terrible pill! I started back on Yasmin about 2 weeks ago now and I have felt nauseous and fatigued since. And even worse, I am eating a lot more than usual.. wouldn't recommend!"

shanelle (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Yasmin is a life saver in saving me from getting pregnant during my relationship with my boyfriend."

Elizabeth Ngan Ee Huey (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I give this product 5"

Big Earl January 31, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "So I started Yasmin on December 29, 2016 & began taking it regularly at 7:30PM to avoid unwanted nausea that's often reported by women who take it early in the morning. The first week was fine, the second week made me awfully depressed but I noticed clearer skin, and the third week brought along frequent urination which frightened me bc thats a symptom of pregnancy. But then with some online research, I found out that Yasmin definitely has a diuretic side effect that causes frequent urination. Instead of retaining the water (which causes bloating), frequent urination assisted in preventing bloating. In the third week, I had withdrawal bleeding 3 days into the inactive pills, which last about 5 days."

bcpuser99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "Yasmin was the 1st birth control I ever tried.I used it for 3years, never had any issues. Before I had horrible acne and irregular menstrual. Yasmin cleared my skin beautifully!! It also made my menstrual regular and I lost weight . I got off the pill for about 4 years then got back on the pill and was prescribed ortho-tri cyclen and that was awful. I'm now looking for something comparable to Yasmin that my insurance covers. Yasmin is like a miracle pill... pretty skin, got skinny and no babies"

Jaybee9 January 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 18 and the last year I have been developing ovarian cysts. Pretty painful periods were an everyday thing for me but a week ago it got worse with my period. I was on the 4th day and I was still bleeding a lot. My mother decided we should go to the gyno and I had an ovarian cysts again around 4cm!! Since a pill I had used once that helped shrink the cysts discontinued I had to begin taking birth control pills. I started yasmin 4 days ago and my breasts feel stiff and today m y eyes are kinda swollen but in general nothing worse considering dangerous. Those pills do affect your hormones and body you can't expect amazing results without a drawback or two. I will be taking Yasmin for a month around, will update soon."

Anonymous January 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Yasmin for 10 years, yes 10 and I am finally getting the guts to change contraception. My periods themselves are a complete breeze, light enough, minimal cramping, but the gap between the last pill in my pack and my period actually coming is horrendous. As a teen and in my early 20s it made me really down but just for a day, one day felt like the trade-off for not getting pregnant and I accepted it, now it's crippling migraines that effect my ability to function. Along with no sex drive. Fear of pregnancy, bad doctors and lack of education kept me suffering for years. Know your body and stand your ground. It might work for some but know when it's not working for you!"

Natcat90 January 4, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I've been on Yasmin for about a month and a half now. I didn't experience any side effects for the first two weeks of taking it, and then gradually I started feeling more moody, irritable and depressed. My sex drive also went away around the time it would normally be in overdrive. I haven't gotten any acne from this pill, nor weight gain. I did notice that I wasn't nearly as crazy just before my period like normal, so it has helped with actual PMDD so far. I'm now halfway through my second month on it, and it actually seems better so far. My sex drive has improved and I haven't been moody or depressed. Still no acne or weight gain. I think this pill just takes time to adjust to your body for some people."

Yasmin User (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Going on Yasmin was absolutely horrible. I only lasted a week because it made me feel horribly depressed. I felt like crying all the time and just wanted to lie down and stare at the wall. It also made me nauseous all the time. Within a couple days I had multiple large zits, and I usually have minimal acne. It also killed my libido. After I stopped the pill I had two separate periods within a week of each other, and it messed with my hormones so much that I cried every day for a month straight. I will never take this Yasmin ever again."

Unhappy customer December 24, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This was my first pill I have ever tried, and it was by far the worst one. Depression is a silent killer, no sex drive, tired, weight gain. It was not healthy for me, when I quit it I felt much better and became myself again, not worth it."

J.xo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control to prevent ovarian cysts, as my last one wasn't effective resulting in my ovary twisting. In the beginning I felt the same but suddenly began having extreme nausea. Ive been nauseous for about 4 days and it just has not let up. The pill also has been affecting my appetite immensely resulting in weight loss, which I'm not complaining about. So far I've had no issues with ovarian cysts, but it is early."

Litmas (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I'm 32 and I've been on this pill since I was about 19. About 6 months ago I ran out of pills but I was busy and kept forgetting to make an appointment with my GP so stayed off it. BIG MISTAKE. I am now plagued with cystic acne as bad as I had as a teenager! I had completely forgotten how bad it was and how painful my skin was. I now have to wait another months before I can even get any more as my GP is fully booked up. Christmas and New Year will be spent inside avoiding people. All Hail Yasmin."

Lunalily (taken for 10 years or more) December 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been using this pill for 1 week now, this is my first birth control pill I have used. I am 15 and mainly wanted it for my acne and I had really really bad cramps and heavy periods. my OBGYN told me to start it on the day I started my period so I did that. The first day my head felt cloudy, and I felt as if I was high. When I woke up the next morning I had to run to the bathroom and threw up, mainly just dry heaves. I normally bloat when I'm on my period but I seem bigger than usual and my breast are extremely tender. But other people said it decreased there sex drive but I feel like it has done the complete opposite for me. My periods normally last for 8 days and I'm on my 4th right now with little to no bleeding."

....1234 December 12, 2016