User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Yasmin reviews 6.1 290 reviews

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "I never had very bad acne but did not have perfect skin either. When I started Yasmin for 3 months my skin was breaking out more than ever but after those months my skin cleared up and I almost never break out and it is much better than before I took the pill."

Miami (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2018

For Acne "I had always had really good skin so when I started having acne at 23 years old I was distraught. Before taking Yasmin I tried antibiotics that did not work and made me feel sick! So decided to try Yasmin the doctor said it would be about a month before I saw any really difference. Still after three weeks was still breaking out everyday and completely stressing out. I was in panic I exfoliated my whole bloody chin off, burnt my face off with retinoids and benzoyl and cried most nights. One week into my second pack I have not had a pimple in 5 days is amazing. I also take zinc supplements, probiotics and magnesium which help. I have decided to share my experience because reading the reviews helped me believe things would get better. Acne destroyed myself esteem and made me very depressed and self conscious. Yasmin worked wonders for me and I’m so grateful. Just know you are beautiful no matter what and know that acne is only temporary and will get better if you keep trying."

Anonymous November 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Started Yasmin around a month ago for treatment of (adrenal) PCOS because of its anti androgen properties. I'm not one to write anything online, but I desperately searched for reviews when I was going through my initial breakout after starting this contraceptive. The breakout came around 3/4 days after I started taking it and it was horrendous - I won't lie. Painful spots all over my jaw line and on my T zone (which I don't normally get)... However... After about a week my skin started to clear and has continued to clear since to the point I am absolutely over the moon with how clear my skin is!! If you're going through this initial breakout - stick at it girls... it's worth it in the end. Had a few ups and down emotionally but nothing compared to other contraceptives. So far, Yasmin, despite a lot of negative stuff online, has suited me."

j1234 November 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I went on this pill the first time at about 17 years old. I had lighter, less painful periods, clear skin and all was good. When my long term relationship ended I went off it. When I was 24 I went back on it again because I wanted clear skin for my up coming wedding (when I am off the pill I suffer from hormonal acne on my chin) I was on it again for about 6 months, clear skin, no issues. Went off it again when my script ran out and now, age 27 and 3 kids later I have just started back on it again as I’m so sick of my monthly breakouts. I’m on day 5 and have been feeling really nauseous since last night. I hope it passes soon or I won’t be able to stay on this pill because at the moment it’s like having morning sickness it’s terrible! Will see how I go. Main con is it’s not a funded pill so it is expensive"

DoodleBug (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For Acne "Before taking Yasmin I had NEVER had particularly bad skin. I did breakout occasionally but it is NOTHING like what I've experienced on yasmin. I started almost two months ago and my skin has been THE WORST. it might work for people with severe acne but don't go on if your acne is mild. it sucks. so much. "

Lgmulcahy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Disrupted (ie ruined) my mental health, made me unable to wear contact lenses, and made me feel lethargic and just.. bad. I would not recommend this drug to anyone. Only good thing is it reduced my period pain, but the other side effects were not worth it (and I vomit and can't move for a day while menstruating so thats saying a lot)"

Mouse (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Yazmin was my first birth control and last. I regret the day I went to the doctor to get the pill. For the 2 months which I had taken the pill I had instantly turned crazy, I was over emotional crying every day without a cause and felt so lonely and depressed. It was the worst experience, I then checked with a couple friends to see there thoughts and they told me to immediately stop as Yasmin has a common side effect of depression and going ‘crazy’. When I stopped a week later I felt so much better and normal again. Everyone reacts differently but after consulting with the doctor and a few friends it could be a common side effect to feel really down and eager to cry or start a argument . Now I don’t take any pills as my health was really bad so trying to get back on track again!"

Gee November 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I am on my third pack of Yasmin and honestly couldn’t be happier. My skin is completely clear and my appetite has actually decreased. I’ve lost 4 pounds along with moderate exercise and healthy eating. I don’t find myself craving things when I shouldn’t like I have when on previous pills. I can’t praise this pill enough. I wish my doctor would have recommended it a long time ago."

Jordan (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Acne "I have been on Yasmin for a month now, I’ve just had my first break week. I went on cilest for about 6 months and my acne didn’t improve. I decided to go back to the doctors to try another contraceptive pill as I am in a relationship. I did my research and was hoping for Yasmin, regardless of the reviews. So far, I can’t say my acne has improved as it does go in stages, but within the first month I don’t have MORE spots than usual, but instead of them being on my cheeks like they normally would, they’re on my chin ( which makes sense with hormones ). I am feeling confident that this will completely clear my skin within the next few months. I haven’t had many side effects (so far) apart from feeling a little sick in the morning of the first few days and then spotting for a day in the middle of the pill pack. I know that acne seems like such a long journey to get a cure, but honestly I can’t believe already that one month is over and I’m onto my second pill pack!"

El October 24, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I'm using it now. I started 8 months ago and I feel totally normal. No mood changes, or acne. Yes, a have some pounds more but nothing I can fix with food and exercise. I love it."

Ivet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2018

For Birth Control "It's the first time when writing in forum, but I can't be in silence now! I was on these tablets for six months. I didn't realize that the panic attacks, dizziness, anxiety and tears for little things because of BC pills! My skin was brilliant, really! But it wasn't worth for decreased libido, emotional instability and depression!"

Jane (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2018

For Birth Control "It's the first time when writing in forum, but I can't be in silence now! I was on these tablets for six months. I didin't realize that panic attacks, dizziness, anxiety and tears for little things because of BC pills! My skin was brilliant, really! But it wasn't worth - weakness and numbness of legs, ams, coordination problems, decreased libido, problems of digestion, emotional instability, depression! Be careful!"

Jane (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2018

For Acne "I started taking Yasmin on the 01-08-18 a few days later I started having breakouts like never before, I felt like giving up. I then thought I should give it 6months cos I had the acne prone skin. On my second pack the same happened, ok I didn't give up, good news is when I was about to finish the second pack my face was so smooth and I couldn't believe it. Hey I'm on my 3rd pack now I really really like my face it's so beautiful like never before. I'm acne free. However I I did change my make up, changed diet, cut sugary things and dairy products and I also steamed my face with green tea 2 times in a week, there after I applied baking powder, leave it for 15min then rinse with cold or luke water. I'm continuing with it. It is definitely doing wonders for me. Don't give up ladies and please do drink lots of water. And other thing I guess they work perfectly when taken at night not morning."

Elle October 9, 2018

For Acne "Had to comment after reading the negative reviews on here! I was on Microgynon 30 for 6 years before switching to Yasmin because of acne developing on my face. I've just finished my first month, and honestly, Im finding it really positive! I only felt nauseous for the first day, and after that, all I have to say is positive! My sex drive has absolutely gone through the roof, the boobs are increasing in size (I'm a 32A), no weight gain, and my moods in general are so much better! The only reason I am marking this down is because I'm still waiting for more improvement to my skin, but that can take up to 6 months so I wasn't expecting miracles after 1 month. Girls, I would ABSOLUTELY stress, take these reviews with a pinch of salt - I am in a group of 6 girls and we must have gone through at least 12 pills in total before we all found ones that suited each of us, and like a previous reviewer has said, how many people actually bother to comment with a positive review?"

Louise20 October 6, 2018

"This tablet made me feel sick every single day besides the days I use the inactive pills. I wasn't able to eat probably only have tiny portions of food at a time because I would be too nauseous from this. Nausea never went away and the doctor refused to change this medication. It works for a lot of people but it is the worst thing I have ever taken in my life."

Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Acne "I am 18 and have had mild to severe acne all throughout my teen years. I just finished my fourth pack and my acne is so much better than it was when I started. I still get a few pimples but nothing severe. I have noticed that it’s causing me to have extreme mood swings and weight gain, but I’m going to stick with it because it’s really helping my face"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 18 and I was on this pill for about a year and a bit and in the last week I was getting extreme anxiety and panic attacks to the point I was sick , even depressed outrageous thoughts. I didn’t know what was happening till my sister said she had problems with this exact pill after about a year and it just made complete sense. It was almost as if my hormones had gone hay wire and for no apparent reason. I suffered like this for about a week then I decided I had to go off the pill so I stopped taking it but the mood issues did carry on for a bit longer which I’m guessing was my hormones levelling out. It’s been about a week since I stopped and I’m feeling 1000 times better already, would never suggest this pill to anyone it’s not worth the tears!"

N (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2018

For Acne "I’ve just started using Yasmin , now onto my break and my acne seems to be getting worse especially on my back and jaw line, they’re big spots that are painful. And I’ve read so many reviews saying it gets worse before it gets better , but I’m so depressed about my skin. I really don’t know what to do."

Blonde September 18, 2018

For Acne "I'm 21 and I unfortunately have really bad acne on my face and body. My gynecologist put me on Yasmin for about a month maybe less before changing it to Blisovi Fe. I have never been on birth control before until now. While on Yasmin the only thing I noticed was that I had an increased appetite. Other than that I didn't have any other side effects. Before Yasmin my acne would cause me a lot of pain everyday. Then Yasmin made my acne have a lot of the swelling that would cause me pain, that has gone down and now I'm able to wash my face and body without being in too much pain. I'm hoping that in the months to come I'll see improvement in my skin and that it'll clear up while on Blisovi Fe."

Cat097 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Birth Control "You guys are all freaking me out. I’ve been on Yasmin for 15 years!!!!!! I decided to go off it to see if my melasma would go away. But those 15 years were great. Good skin, no issues, or so I thought none that were related to my birth control. Now you’re telling me it causes anxiety, depression, and even eczema! I suffered from this not knowing it could have something to do with my birth control. Now I’ve been off it for 3 months and my skin is an acne nightmare, my hair lady told me my texture was totally different ( thinner) and that I had hair loss at my hairline, hair is greasy, and I’m totally depressed! Not to mention I have no health insurance so I hope everything is ok internally with blood clots and stuff! I’m freaking out. I thought I liked yas but if this is what I get for being on it so long, I’m scared."

Carly September 3, 2018

For Acne "Yasmin has been wonderful at clearing my hormonal acne. It took about 4 months to go from a lot of angry spots to smooth beautiful skin. It also makes my hair shinier and healthier. Unfortunately, this is where the good things end! Despite claims it helps with water retention, I do suffer from it. I have got much more appetite and cravings than before, which don't help. My moods swings are crazy, I often feel really sad and depressed. Bigger and painful breasts. Bloating. Tiredness. I really wanted to like Yasmin but it's not working for me! I will stop it and already getting ready for the spots to come back but I'd rather feel sane and myself again. Good luck to everyone, it can work wonder for some, you need to try for yourself."

Alex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

For Acne "I need help I’m on Yasmin for a little over 4months now and I’m so confused, I don’t know if it’s helping or if it’s going to work, every month for the past 4 months during the week break my skin would clear which is great but as soon as starting another pack I’d break out this month my skin didn’t even clear as much I still had little breakouts, also my break outs are not as severe anymore but sometimes they are. I really need some advice as too wether I should continue or not."

Selly (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have had severe depression and anxiety since my early teens. I’m now 29 and last year I went off Effexor (antidepressant) as it stopped working. I went on a number of antidepressants after that, the last one was Prozac, which gave me the worst acne of my life, even 6 months after I came off it. I’ve been on Yasmin for just a month, and finally my acne has calmed down. My skin is almost entirely clear, my moods have stabilised (still get a bit depressed and anxious but recover quickly) and my boobs have gone up TWO CUPS SIZES! I have always been really flat-cheated and suddenly I have boobs, it’s great. They are painful, hopefully that subsides. Even if they go back to normal, I am so thankful to Yasmin. I feel sane again!"

Kez (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill gave me the worst eczema of my life!! I had eczema for 5 years while taking it and stopped for a year. Eczema was gone!! I am on it for 8 days now again and my eczema is back!! It is confirmed!! Yasmin was responsible for my horrible eczema days!!!"

Lesleynoa (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I was diagnosed with PCOS in January 2018. My doctor prescribed Yasmin 28 to take for 1 year. I started the pill in February 2018. During the first week, I experienced, dry mouth and loss of appetite. However, that passed. During the week of my scheduled period, I experienced heavy to severe bleeding for the first 4 days of my period. Another side effect that I felt vaginal itching and discharge. However, I started taking Probiotic pills daily and that subsided immediately. Between the months of February and up to this present moment, I have felt depressed and anxious. I don't think Yasmin 28 is worth it, especially based on how it's been making me feel. I officially stopped taking Yasmin 28, 4 days ago. I hope my depressed and anxious moods will improve."

PCOSLady (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018