User Reviews for Yasmin

Acne 75 reviews 528 medications

Birth Control 91 reviews 295 medications

Summary of Yasmin reviews 185 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "I have been on Yasmin for a few years and I will never come off it now. I tried so many different things to clear up my cystic acne. I had it for about 5 years mainly on my jaw line and nothing got rid of it. I tried different topical treatments, face washes, not wearing make up and different pills but nothing worked. Within a month or so of being on Yasmin I noticed I wasn't getting any big spots. My skin was clearing up majorly and It has been a life saver since. I get the odd spot here and there now but I can deal with that."

Sm2295 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I use Yasmin 28 for both acne and birth control, and it has been a life-saver! My PCP put me on Tri-Lo Sprintec, and I broke out horribly before it got better. I had new whiteheads on my cheeks and other places I had never broken out before. Right when my skin started clearing up after a few months, my OBGYN put me on Yasmin and said since it was a monophasic pill, it would work better for my skin and needs. I haven't had a new zit in about 3 weeks. I also have not had any of the side effects other than moodiness, and I do get thirsty and have dry mouth after taking it, but those are minor compared to acne! I definitely recommend this."

Rae-Roo February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I took this pill as a last resort as I thought lymecyline wasn't working but wasn't making my skin worst, so I opted for Yasmin worst choice I have ever made! By the 3rd day I had dry skin and a large cluster of spots round my jaw! This didn't work for me and I'm not willing to wait anymore, however there is no harm in trying just beware, also duac cream, I wouldn't recommend it burns and dries skin out."

Ellie2199 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I lasted only 1 month on this pill. As soon as I started taking this, I was am emotional, angry, anxious mess. Everything either made me angry or it made me cry. I was also exhausted all the time. I normally work out 2-3 times a week, but I noticed I was so tired everyday, I only worked out maybe once a week. As for weight gain, I think I might have gained some water weight, but nothing too noticeable. It didn't affect my appetite too much either.I was on Junel Fe before which was great until the very end, where I started getting abnormal periods. I'm on my placebo/period week now and cramping and heavy flow. Two things I didn't have much of with Junel. I'm switching to Apri next week, and praying it works better for me!"

lovelikelola (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "Terrible terrible pill! I started back on Yasmin about 2 weeks ago now and I have felt nauseous and fatigued since. And even worse, I am eating a lot more than usual.. wouldn't recommend!"

shanelle (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Yasmin is a life saver in saving me from getting pregnant during my relationship with my boyfriend."

Elizabeth Ngan Ee Huey (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I give this product 5"

Big Earl January 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "So I started Yasmin on December 29, 2016 & began taking it regularly at 7:30PM to avoid unwanted nausea that's often reported by women who take it early in the morning. The first week was fine, the second week made me awfully depressed but I noticed clearer skin, and the third week brought along frequent urination which frightened me bc thats a symptom of pregnancy. But then with some online research, I found out that Yasmin definitely has a diuretic side effect that causes frequent urination. Instead of retaining the water (which causes bloating), frequent urination assisted in preventing bloating. In the third week, I had withdrawal bleeding 3 days into the inactive pills, which last about 5 days."

bcpuser99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "Yasmin was the 1st birth control I ever tried.I used it for 3years, never had any issues. Before I had horrible acne and irregular menstrual. Yasmin cleared my skin beautifully!! It also made my menstrual regular and I lost weight . I got off the pill for about 4 years then got back on the pill and was prescribed ortho-tri cyclen and that was awful. I'm now looking for something comparable to Yasmin that my insurance covers. Yasmin is like a miracle pill... pretty skin, got skinny and no babies"

Jaybee9 January 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 18 and the last year I have been developing ovarian cysts. Pretty painful periods were an everyday thing for me but a week ago it got worse with my period. I was on the 4th day and I was still bleeding a lot. My mother decided we should go to the gyno and I had an ovarian cysts again around 4cm!! Since a pill I had used once that helped shrink the cysts discontinued I had to begin taking birth control pills. I started yasmin 4 days ago and my breasts feel stiff and today m y eyes are kinda swollen but in general nothing worse considering dangerous. Those pills do affect your hormones and body you can't expect amazing results without a drawback or two. I will be taking Yasmin for a month around, will update soon."

Anonymous January 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on Yasmin for 10 years, yes 10 and I am finally getting the guts to change contraception. My periods themselves are a complete breeze, light enough, minimal cramping, but the gap between the last pill in my pack and my period actually coming is horrendous. As a teen and in my early 20s it made me really down but just for a day, one day felt like the trade-off for not getting pregnant and I accepted it, now it's crippling migraines that effect my ability to function. Along with no sex drive. Fear of pregnancy, bad doctors and lack of education kept me suffering for years. Know your body and stand your ground. It might work for some but know when it's not working for you!"

Natcat90 January 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I've been on Yasmin for about a month and a half now. I didn't experience any side effects for the first two weeks of taking it, and then gradually I started feeling more moody, irritable and depressed. My sex drive also went away around the time it would normally be in overdrive. I haven't gotten any acne from this pill, nor weight gain. I did notice that I wasn't nearly as crazy just before my period like normal, so it has helped with actual PMDD so far. I'm now halfway through my second month on it, and it actually seems better so far. My sex drive has improved and I haven't been moody or depressed. Still no acne or weight gain. I think this pill just takes time to adjust to your body for some people."

Yasmin User (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Going on Yasmin was absolutely horrible. I only lasted a week because it made me feel horribly depressed. I felt like crying all the time and just wanted to lie down and stare at the wall. It also made me nauseous all the time. Within a couple days I had multiple large zits, and I usually have minimal acne. It also killed my libido. After I stopped the pill I had two separate periods within a week of each other, and it messed with my hormones so much that I cried every day for a month straight. I will never take this Yasmin ever again."

Unhappy customer December 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This was my first pill I have ever tried, and it was by far the worst one. Depression is a silent killer, no sex drive, tired, weight gain. It was not healthy for me, when I quit it I felt much better and became myself again, not worth it."

J.xo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control to prevent ovarian cysts, as my last one wasn't effective resulting in my ovary twisting. In the beginning I felt the same but suddenly began having extreme nausea. Ive been nauseous for about 4 days and it just has not let up. The pill also has been affecting my appetite immensely resulting in weight loss, which I'm not complaining about. So far I've had no issues with ovarian cysts, but it is early."

Litmas (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I'm 32 and I've been on this pill since I was about 19. About 6 months ago I ran out of pills but I was busy and kept forgetting to make an appointment with my GP so stayed off it. BIG MISTAKE. I am now plagued with cystic acne as bad as I had as a teenager! I had completely forgotten how bad it was and how painful my skin was. I now have to wait another months before I can even get any more as my GP is fully booked up. Christmas and New Year will be spent inside avoiding people. All Hail Yasmin."

Lunalily (taken for 10 years or more) December 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been using this pill for 1 week now, this is my first birth control pill I have used. I am 15 and mainly wanted it for my acne and I had really really bad cramps and heavy periods. my OBGYN told me to start it on the day I started my period so I did that. The first day my head felt cloudy, and I felt as if I was high. When I woke up the next morning I had to run to the bathroom and threw up, mainly just dry heaves. I normally bloat when I'm on my period but I seem bigger than usual and my breast are extremely tender. But other people said it decreased there sex drive but I feel like it has done the complete opposite for me. My periods normally last for 8 days and I'm on my 4th right now with little to no bleeding."

....1234 December 12, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "After years of suffering with PMDD I persuaded my Gp to let me try Yasmin as a last ditch attempt at trying to have a normal life on birth control but to help the severity of my periods. I agree with some of the comments on here about mood swings but I also think that is to do with my own level of hormones and that if you stick with it after a while this pill does work!! I have found my happy medium which is 10mg of Citalopram (AD) and this pill combined.... I feel happy and myself all the time and although maybe a tiny bit irritable prior to my period ... generally a lot happier!! Go Yasmin! :)"

LucyCheeseman1985 December 9, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I started this pill a month ago and have now just started my second strip. I started this pill as I started to get a few spots on my t zone and cheeks and wanted to have clear skin. I visited my doctor and she gave me the yasmin pill, biggest mistake of my life. I have severe acne in all areas of the face, very red and dry including many black and white heads. I seem to have noticed that in my 7 day break that my acne went down quite abit so I have decided to stop this pill. Worst experience ever"

Lazypoo73927 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "Today I've been on Yasmin for 4 weeks. I started taking it mostly because of My skin, I have had mild hormonal acne since I was twelve (I'm 18). My skin has Always been combination with a more oily T-zone and dry cheeks. The surface of the skin dries out easily though, maybe because of the retinoid gel I used. I've not looked this good since I tried antibiotics (It came back afterwards) and when I get pimples, one wash with my estee lauder cleansing make them go away overnight. Its a commitment though, I started on the first day of My period and i had a 2 week long period spotting everyday for the last 2 weeks. My breasts grew two sizes as well, and i lost most of My appetite. makes me dizzy sometimes. Otherwise:perfect."

Matildaekkkkk December 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I started Yasmin pill 3 days ago and I am definitely not going to be carrying on with it because I have had shortness of breath which could be related to me panicking and worrying about the side effects, I also have hand numbness in my left hand, dizziness and tingling. Although I haven't been on it long enough I do believe it helps acne very often because if your acne is hormonal and you break out during your period, when your due on or around your ovulation times going on the pill should hopefully stop this from happening, we all react in different ways so I wish you the best of luck(:"

Elisse (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I've been on Yasmin nearly one month and my skin has improved so much! I'm so happy! I feel so much more confident my skin still has a few spots but literally nothing compared to what it was like before! About to go on my Seven day break so hopefully it doesn't break me out but so far I'm really impressed the only down side is my moods have been all over and I have been up and down it was really bad when I first started on it but it seems to be settling down now! For me it was worth going through that to help my skin because it affected my confidence!"

Jessbwbwbebebbw (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "First pill I tried. It didn't really give me noticeable side effects, but not many benefits besides no pregnancy. It didn't decrease cramps by much. I still got wicked headaches that would make me nauseous, and it decreased my sex drive. Over all when I stopped taking it I felt like I had come out of a fog, as if the pill had been dulling senses beyond just my sex drive. Happier to be on Sprintec now."

Lisa W. (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "Don't ever try this pill. This pills has given me the most horrible experience in my life. There are only negative side effects, I have only taken three months and my face is full of Whitehead's, red lumps and pimples all over my chin and cheek area. There are still red scars on my face . Horrible, I don't understand why this pill works for others and to the extreme not on others... Is it because the younger you are, yasmin is better for you? If you are over 35 then it's so bad for your face?"

Oh my goodness November 10, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "I've only been on Yasmin for a week and I can't say I've even had any really noticeable side effects as I'm already an emotional person in general I haven't seen much change. I hear you get nauseous if you take it on an empty stomach so I take it every night after dinner so I don't run into that problem. My skin hasn't really changed. I've never really had break outs I just get a few pimples here and there and that's what I'm having now but that's what I expected with this changing my hormones. I think a lot of it has to do with tricking your mind into having the side effects. I haven't noticed any changes except I'm way more thirsty from like it is a diuretic so I've drank tons of water and actually lost 6 pounds. I love it so far :)"

Deswise November 5, 2016