User Reviews for Yasmin to treat Birth Control

Yasmin Rating Summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Yasmin

"I'm 30 and on Yasmin for acne. Since being on it I'm feeling depressed, have a low sex drive, mood swings.. Etc. Still have the same acne after 6 months. Quitting tomorrow, can't take the depression any longer. I was experiencing anxiety before Yasmin, but we found out the root of my issue were vitamin inbalances. Yasmin has taken me in the complete opposite direction. I'm done with it. I had been off birth control for 3 years and will never go back again."

Stella (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2019

"Yasmin is the only birth control from the many I tried that stopped my breakthrough bleeding. It’s helped with my horrendous acne a bit too, not perfect but it’s different. Also, for two years not only was I bleeding 3/4 weeks, I had zero sex drive now on Yasmin it has gone way up! It works like magic for me! I get a little moody but I’ll take that over bleeding anyday"

Matic (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2019

"I am so emotional on Yasmin, all my emotions have been heightened and I mean the slightest thing tips me over the edge."

Bm75 March 26, 2019

"My dears, DO NOT resort to taking Yasmin. Before I used to wash my hair 1×week, sometimes even every 10 days, had perfect skin .I decided to give Yasmin up because I wanted to let my body get back to normal before trying to get pregnant. After approximately 6 months, I got cystic, painful acne on my temples, chin, neck, back, cheeks. My scalp started producing so much oil that the second day it was already greasy. And behold my hair texture changed: the new hair growth was so frizzy it looked fried. The major downfall were my bones which started cracking almost every 10 steps. And the anxiety was immense. I had times when I just couldn't control my mind and I thought I was going mad. It's been a bit over a year and I'm slowly getting back to normal, I have minor breakouts, my sebum production has gotten more easy to manage but I'm still not completely ridden of Yasmin's effects. So please, don't resort to BCP. Find natural ways to cure what needs to be healed. There are also many ways to prevent a pregnancy."

acr (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2019

"Its my first time trying yasmin, I recently got my IUD removed after 3 years because of all the wide array of horrible side effects that I experienced (cystic pimples, vision problem, 20lb weight gain) The first week on yasmin my libido increased, my face wasn't as oily as it was on IUD. Into the second week my face is slowly clearing up, but my libido definitely plummeted. Also I started to notice mood changes, I usually workout 4-5 days I week. But second week into yasmin I felt exhausted all the time, unmotivated, and flat out depressed. Going into my 3rd week I started to experience shortness of breath, dry eyes, tightness around the chest and anxiety. I woke up one night unable to breath and I was flush pale. I will be discontinuing this medication from today. I also have to see my family physician for a check up. Ladies I understand you want to be free of acne but the side effects on this one are not worth it."

Ashley (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

"I had the worst mood swings after taking Yasmin. I thought I was going crazy."

summer (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2019

"I was on Yasmin for about two weeks and it has caused me so much bad. I started experiencing severe anxiety, panic attacks, lightheadedness and even problems with my vision. I’ve been off for about a week now and things are slowly, very slowly levelling out.. My eyes are still a bit messed up and my panic attacks happen probably every other day or so along with the dizziness. At first doctors had no idea what was going on with me.. which lead me to a hospital visit because the panic attacks were so severe, as well as 3 appointments with my family doctor in just a WEEK! And a CT scan to make sure I didn’t develop a blood clot in my brain from the pill!! Unfortunately I experienced some of the worst side effects of this drug! I’m extremely scared to even consider taking any form of birth control again!! Please if you care for health don’t take this pill!!!"

Yashater (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

"The best pill you can go on if you need to lose weight and clear up your skin! Before taking Yasmin my skin was terrible, I broke out like crazy and it was a real struggle to lose weight. Within the first 2-3 months of Yasmin my skin was beautiful and clear, and within 6 months the amount of weight I lost was crazy! At least 10 kilos lighter (along with a decent diet). The only con about Yasmin is I did get a little depressed and anxious so I decided to get off the pill, a month or two after the pill I started breaking out and I gained weight. That's why I know Yasmin helps with acne and weight loss! It's literally your best friend. I've decided to go back on the pill, can't wait to look thinner and have beautiful skin!"

Nicole February 20, 2019

"I have been on this pill a year now. Cleared all my skin and I don’t have bad cramps or mood swings when on my period! It’s worked MAGIC! I feel much more happier and capable to do things on my period as it’s not heavy. My mood swings aren’t bad anymore and my depression has gotten better. I still suffer from anxiety but the pill has not made it worse. One down side is headaches, which may or may not be caused from the pill. But over all I do recommend this pill!"

Milliema (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2019

"This pill is MAGIC - I have tried multiple pills, rivegdon, microgynon etc all of which have given me horrible mood swings to the point of feeling depressed. Fast forward 2 years birth control free I was prescribed Yasmin to treat my acne, within 3 months my skin was the best it had ever been, it suppresses my appetite so I've lost weight (gone from size 8 to 6), and literally saving my relationship I used to be a horrible moody clingy cow and was pushing my boyfriend away, this pill has taken the 'edge' off that usual PMT rage and has just been an overall god send. If you can get this from your GP I would recommend however everybody is different and may have a different experience to me"

personal experience (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2019

"I’ve been on Yasmin a year now and honestly if your doctor offers you this pill say no. They don’t tell you about the really bad mood swings you get or the anger attacks or the anxiety and depression and even the nausea I get everyday. I am now suffering with all of this because of Yasmin. I never knew how bad my anger was until my partner said about how bad it actually was. I’ve only just realised that my anger has been ridiculous over the past months. If any of you are experiencing these things I’d suggest you stop taking Yasmin and go back to your doctors for another pill. It is dangerous."

Bails (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 13, 2019

"I was on this for PCO's and to to regulate periods Really bad experience on Yasmin, had really bad side effects such as extreme mood swings/ changes, depression (generally just not feeling like my usual self at all), breast tenderness and swelling, nausea, abnormal appetite (major craving that are not usual for me) and weight gain. The one week I stopped taking yasmin I lost weight, my appetite decreased a lot, my mood was back to normal, I didn’t cry all the time or feel depressed. I would not recommend yasmin, whilst it has helped my skin, it has caused more harm than good overall!"

lulu (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2019

"I moved on to Yasmin because I was looking for a pill to sort out my cystic acne. At first, my skin cleared up and my boobs got much bigger (which I loved). After a few months though ,I started to feel exhausted and nauseous most afternoons. I felt like I was pregnant and it just didn’t let up! I also started to get horrendous period pains that resulted in black/dark red discharge for days at a time! I had multiple tests done at the doctors bout he couldn’t explain my symptoms. Then however, the worst side-effect of all kicked in....hair loss!!! This was extreme, everytime I touched my hair I would pull out clumps! I stopped taking Yasmin straight away and it took about 3 months for my hair to stop falling out. I think I lost about 1/3rd of my hair in total and it was one of the scariest times of my life. For anyone who is suffering hair loss, stop taking the Yasmin and IT WILL STOP and IT WILL GROW BACK! Stay positive it’s never as bad as you think it is."

Nic January 29, 2019

"I have been on this pill for just about a week now. Since having it I have felt very down and not myself I have been arguing with others such as friends and my boyfriend and distancing myself. So far my skin has made no improvement but feel as if I can not judge that as I have only been on this pill for a short period of time. My sex drive has completely gone, and also just feeling very lazy . But I am already fed up of these moods and feeling Down. I don’t recommend this pill feeling so low is not healthy. If doctors give you this pill I would maybe suggest for a different one. Maybe more safer after reading certain reviews.NOT worth it !!!!"

Cassie January 22, 2019

"I am 18 years old and started Yasmin when I was 17. I had side effects such as nausea, abdominal pain, irregular bleeding only the first month of the pill. I’ve been on it for about 10 months now and I feel fine. My periods are much lighter but unfortunately my PMS symptoms are the same as before so I can’t say that this pill has stopped them. Overall I am happy with it and haven’t had any abnormal problems."

Rdv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2019

"Probably one of the worst pills I have taken so far. I am starting my second pack, and I am very well done with it. My sex drive has completely gone down. I have had headaches, nausea, and muscle pain. I do not recommend this pill at all to anyone!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

"After reading all these reviews I can’t believe I didn’t realise and associate my incredible irritability, moodiness, anxiety and depression with this birth control pill. Also very mindful just recently of the link between Yas and my blood clots ! Never taking this killer again"

Eve (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2019

"I’ve been on Yasmin now around 9 months non stop and I’m going to stop it forever!!!! Sisters I advice you to not take such pills, because side effects really there! I’m having mood changes daily, I fight with my husband for nothing and sexual drive is getting low as well. I’m over emotional and making drama for small things. Those things are nothing comparing my breast pain now and strong headaches. Before to take any pills just think and talk to your Dr!"

A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2019

"Both my GP and gyno wrote me a prescription for birth control for my endometriosis and I never filled it because I was weary. My prescription lapsed from my GP and my gyno said it would be the best to fill for me because I've had bad experiences on other pills. The first day on it I was fine but as days went on my mood turned ugly. I'd lash out and have a short fuse around everyone for the smallest things around 1pm until the time for the next pill (9pm). In between that I got a foggy head and felt dull and blank. I zoned out and couldn't think at all. My anxiety also skyrocketed. I was on this pill for TWO WEEKS and couldn't deal with these side effects. It's not worth sticking with. $84.00 straight into the garbage."

AC (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

"I was on Yasmin the birth control for my periods, to see if it would clear my skin, and to stop me getting pregnant. While I was on the pill my periods were lighter, my skin got alright but not that clear. I do not recommend this pill because instantly after 3 weeks or so I had major anxiety and depression which led to not going to school, work, and to relationship problems. Now my doctor prescribed me ortho-cyclen.. and I’m loving it so far!!!"

123amna January 10, 2019

"I switched onto this pill about 2 months ago and they have honestly been the worst months. I've been feeling incredibly emotional, lazy, developed eczema on my face and felt very depressed. I have started anti depressants after visiting the doctor but after reading reviews I believe it could be the pill causing these issues. From my experience, I would not recommend this pill."

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

"Unfortunately Yasmin just isn’t for me. I started it about a month ago and after reading some mixed reviews I was hopeful that I would be one of those who had no side effects. Shame to say that has not been the case. First week I had awful headaches, nausea and fatigue followed by extreme mood swings. By the second week the mood swings had gone but I became bloated, constipated and ravenously hungry at random points during the day. I have gained weight already and my muscles have started to ache. Throwing them in the bin tomorrow and hoping to feel better as soon as possible! With that being said, pills work differently for everyone so I would recommend trying it first."

Hannah May December 26, 2018

"I’ve been on Yasmin now for 5 months, I was put on this pill to help my skin as I have mild acne. Since I was 15 I was on lymceline and I stopped taking them when I was 18, my acne came back and my doctor prescribed me Yasmin. 5 months in and my skin is the best it’s ever been! I’ve had no side effects, my periods have improved (never late and less bloating), I feel great in myself! Would suggest this to anyone it’s amazing!! It’s changed my life!"

Alli (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

"I have only been using the pill for 6 days, I never had much acne just some pimples that pop out but I completely stopped getting them on my face, sometimes I get them on my body which is weird. In these 6 days, I have lost about 1-1.5kg due to yasmin. I have had the symptoms start on the 3rd day but they are slowly resolving and are almost gone. Not sure, if this is a good pill for me but will have to wait to find out."

Lenon December 20, 2018

"Started Yasmin around a month ago for treatment of (adrenal) PCOS because of its anti androgen properties. I'm not one to write anything online, but I desperately searched for reviews when I was going through my initial breakout after starting this contraceptive. The breakout came around 3/4 days after I started taking it and it was horrendous - I won't lie. Painful spots all over my jaw line and on my T zone (which I don't normally get)... However... After about a week my skin started to clear and has continued to clear since to the point I am absolutely over the moon with how clear my skin is!! If you're going through this initial breakout - stick at it girls... it's worth it in the end. Had a few ups and down emotionally but nothing compared to other contraceptives. So far, Yasmin, despite a lot of negative stuff online, has suited me."

j1234 November 28, 2018