User Reviews for Zoloft

Major Depressive Disorder 6.7
Summary of Zoloft reviews 7.3 1,440 reviews

Reviews for Zoloft

JeanieK · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2020

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “SSRI’s are totally different for everyone so this is just my personal experience. But I was started out on 25mg of Zoloft following manic episodes after I quit birth control cold turkey. Zoloft made me feel worse than a zombie. Not only was it hard to even speak, it was hard to *think*. I felt very loopy and out of it all the time and it did nothing for my anxiety except make it slightly harder to think about, because thinking of anything felt like a feat. I went off of it and immediately felt better. I switched to Prozac and my doctors and I are trying to find the dose that’s right for me. Just pay attention to how you’re feeling and monitor things carefully, especially on SSRIs. Everyone has different and specific needs.”

Franky Krum · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 21, 2020

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “I started taking Zoloft 12.5 mg for my premenstural dysphoric disorder and felt better immediately - went up to 25mg , and now steadily at 50 mg daily. It worked superbly for my PMDD and anxiety, though it did exacerbate my depression quite a bit (irritability), which I fixed with adding Wellbutrin. All in all this combination really worked for me and gave me the chance to see life as worth living. I could never maintain a decent lifestyle before, and now I can. Medications aren't a fix for everybody, but damn did this work well for me.”

Tt June 23, 2020

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “My Doctor switched me to zoloft I was taking bupropion for about 5 months, but it was causing me to be snappy and a lot of anxiety. So he switched me to zoloft, its been 3 weeks and the first week and a half was the hardest I had nausea, diarrhea, tiredness. But it went away now I'm only tired at times but feel way better. I recommend it.”

IBS/Crohn's fighter · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2020

For Depression: “I have been taking Zoloft for several months. I have IBS which flares up when I'm anxious, and Zoloft really helps with that. It has very few side effects and I feel more like myself when I'm taking Zoloft. I do have one small complaint: when I miss a few consecutive doses I tend to get dizzy. But that's it! Other than that, I have no issues with Zoloft. It's very subtle, and it certainly has improved my mood.”

30something fem · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 19, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I have been taking this medication for 6 years. The first 11 days were very uncomfortable but I am so glad I stick thru it. Onset symptoms were heightened alertness, dry mouth, not hungry. First, I noticed it took away my general anxiety, then OCD, then the intruding, racing morbid thoughts. My dose is up from 150 to 200 for a week per month due to PMDD. Now, I've been feeling like it's working less, we've tried to add on different things. Remeron has probably been the best add on I have found during bad phases. 5mg diazepam is also always with me as needed. Hope you all get the relief you are looking for.”

Kelly · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 10, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I have been taking 100mg Zoloft daily for almost 8 years and I find it really helps with OCD, especially the dulling of intrusive thoughts that would normally cause me a lot of distress, anxiety and were quite frankly, ruining my life. I am now at a stage where I am wondering whether I should attempt to wean myself off this drug, but am increasingly anxious about coming off the drug, as it has been so successful. I've had a few side effects, such as a reduced attention span and weight gain, but all in all, the drug has helped me live a normal life, with only two relapses in the eight years I've been on them. Both times I've relapsed, I have received help from a counsellor or CBT, but have stayed on the drug throughout, maintaining a steady dosage.”

Dom June 8, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I suffered from panic attacks back in 2017 I was terrified of going on medication But I was sad all the time, I felt empty. After my panic attacks came depression. No one understood what I was going through. So after months of anxiety and depression my dr suggested Zoloft. I was scared to take it. the thought of being on Zoloft scared me. I sat in my car holding the Zoloft and cried “I’m gonna be on medication my whole life”. But I took the Zoloft! I felt really panicky the first two weeks but after the two weeks, I noticed my anxiety calm down and panic attacks went away I was on it for about a year and and decided to wean myself off of it. I’m seriously so happy I decided to take Zoloft it helped me when I needed it I’ve been off of Zoloft since and I’m happy and healthy. My advice is take it if you have no other choice yes it’s scary but, don’t take advice from people who don’t suffer from anxiety and depression!! It helped me so much. Dom”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2020

For Depression: “I started taking zoloft after 8 months of post concussion syndrome symptoms. My anxiety and very low mood were affecting every aspect of my life. I was suicidal. I started with 50mg for the first month. Only side effects for me was a bit of nausea the first week and a lack of appetite. By week 4 we went up to 100mg and everything has improved significantly! I can separate emotions from facts which I couldn't do before. The people I thought were "against me" don't seem to bother me whatsoever now. I've gotten my life back. I have energy and an optimistic attitude. My friends and family have noticed in big ways. It's been a life changed for me. The only thing I would say are side effects Low libido Shortened Sleep. I usually wake up in the middle of the night now.”

Cane · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “I don't see why some say: "I don't recommend this medication." Why dont you? Tell us plz: the dosage, other medications you are taking, age, etc. I am wanting to start zoloft but when I read these reviews I don't know what is better, having these panic attacks or trying zoloft. Every body is unique so it would be a great help if any one would give a better description of their situation. I thank all those who gave a great explanation of their situation.”

Stone · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2020

For Depression: “I’m 50 and have struggled with anxiety because of my 26 year relationship with my wife. After 60 days I don’t have the breakdowns any more and can function. Zoloft helped me to close off to her and begin to feel safe emotionally. It really works.”

Butterfly · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “I have GAD, I knew I was needing support emotionally. 15 years ago I had used Zoloft and it worked well, so I asked my doctor if I could use it again. So I started on 25mg and after 2 weeks I upped to the 50 mg my doc prescribed. Honestly week 3 and 4 were the worst for me because I couldn't eat and I felt so much worse with anxiety and lack of peace of mind. Because I was working from home, and others mentioned that the first month was bad. I felt like I was being pushed under emotionally. I had to do a lot of self talk like "I am not my feelings, this will pass" etc. I took my Zoloft at night and it seemed by evening I always felt better, but mornings were so difficult. But right at end of week four, a cloud lifted and I felt peaceful and calm. So I appreciate others sharing their experience because that's exactly what happened to me. And I pushed through it and I'm glad I did because I feel much better. Hope that helps someone in week 3. It does get better. Hang in there.”

MBM13 June 2, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “Hey there. I started with Zoloft for GAD and derealization. I started with 25mg for one week and then I upped on 50mg, but the side effects were too bad so I went down on 25mg. My God was the beginning terrible! Anxiety was soo much worse, feeling terrified, depressed, feeling guilt, crying, brain fog and nausea. I lost almost 8kg in 2 weeks because I couldn't eat. My Psychiatrist told me to take 0.5mg of Clonazepam till the side effects lift. After exactly 4 weeks I can say that all the side effects are gone. I feel a bit sleepy, but I am much more calm, no anxiety at all, no guilty feeling. Derealization is still here but much less, I don't care about her so she will go away with time too. I went back on work and started socalizing again. I take only 1/8 of Clonazepam. I will up my dose in a few days, but slowly. I PROMISE you that the starting side effects will pass. Trust me! I know how hard it is. This is a reminder for me too if the upping bring back the side effects.”

MINT · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “100% would recommend. Took almost 90 days to work. Give it time.”

han · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “19 year old girl, started on Zoloft 50 mg and now am at 100 mg, got on zoloft to help with anxiety and depression. I was hoping this medication would help me feel like how I felt as a child, back to my old self--confident and lively. Unfortunately I haven't found this medication to solve this problem and I wouldn't say its helped much with depression/overthinking, but I would say I feel a bit calmer overall. Never experienced side effects!”

Brad · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I started taking Zoloft at 25mg for my anxiety and PTSD caused by a bad reaction to some NyQuil I took a while back. At first, when I started taking it, I was okay but still was having trouble. At about 1-2 weeks on it I always felt like my face was melting and could not think ahead. I was in panic mode 24/7, but I could sleep even though when I woke up it didn’t feel like I did. I would wake up, cry, go to school, cry, get on the bus, cry, get home... cry all night until I fell asleep. I was not depressed before I started taking it but I was during. I had extreme thoughts of suicide. I also could not climax or when I got close it felt like I was going to pass out. I have heard that the medication equals out after about 3 weeks but I couldn’t stand it to happen anymore.”

Merita May 7, 2020

“I had insomnia for years. I never felt depressed just could not sleep from age 29 for a long time. I did go on and off of it for a while but probably should have just remained consistent. It would have been better. I went to an MD at Mayo and he said take Zoloft in the morning. Never any side effects that I realized. Worked great for sleeping. No wakeful 3 AM nights. I don't take it now but when I slip back into insomnia, I start it again. Trust it.”

Linda · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I was on Zoloft about 15 years ago under the care of a psychiatrist. She had me on a few different things at once and I remember feeling great for the first time in a long time. I haven’t been on medication for over 10 years, however the pandemic has brought my OCD to the surface. My general practitioner gave me 50 mg of zoloft because I told her it worked in the past. I am on day 25 and I feel awful!!! The mornings are the worst. I feel jittery and emotional. I have to take xanax to even function. I have had this weird pressure and tingling in my head for about 10 days and I wake up 4 times a night in a sweat. With my OCD I, of course, thought I must be dying. Then I started reading this thread and realized that the sensations and emotions could be coming from the Zoloft. I made an appt with a psychiatrist who specializes in psychopharmacology, but I have to wait until next Monday (6 days away).”

Nitel · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Dare I say damn zoloft was the worst thing I have ever taken. It made me a nauseous zombie, gave me more suicidal thoughts, etc. Overall the worst experience I've had with depression meds.”

Blackcat · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 30, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “AWFUL side effects!!! Took Zoloft in high school and gained 50lbs along with an eating disorder because the psychiatrist brushed off all my complaints as irrational even though the weight gain was detrimental to my mental health (still cannot drop the weight years after stopping), hair loss, constant cold sores, cavities, very heavy periods (and eventually severe anemia), brain fog, loss of creativity, eventually developed severe Tourettes syndrome after stopping, list goes on!! AVOID if you value your health and well-being! Also did not even help that much! Not worth it at all for me.”

Holls85 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2020

“This has been a life saver. I am 34 years old and all of my life I've had emotional problems from anger to sadness. While I do not have a diagnosis (this was prescribed to me by my regular provider), it truly has made a difference in my emotional disturbances. I started out with Zoloft 25mg for the first month and did experience side effects for the first week or so but they were easily treated. I purchased immodium and nausea medication which took care of the side effects. I took them in the morning but I slept like a ROCK for the first week. I recently went up to 50mg but did not experience any side effects. Before this medication I would also have suicidal thoughts and urges to self mutilate. Those thoughts are gone. The only regret I have is not trying this sooner. Highly recommend for anyone who has severe emotional disturbances or suicidal thoughts.”

Eismin · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 26, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “My PTSD symptoms got way worse while on Zoloft. I felt far more anxious on this than before, and paired with Abilify it made my life a living nightmare”

VP April 25, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “Started taking Zoloft on September 8. The first month was very tired with headaches. October: headaches and no appetite that persisted until third month. Had some hair loss and diarrhea for a month or so in December. Then I had nausea and bad brain zaps around February 9. That was when I was fully off for a week. Jan: I was taking half dosage whole month. Now it’s April and I still have a few dull brain zaps when I’m really tired or if I cried. Plus the sexual side effects did not go away. Decreased libido and I don’t feel horney anymore. There’s literally not the same feeling as before I started taking the medication. Not as much natural lubrication either. The doctor that gave this to me told me nothing about but gave me a print out. Always ask what medications that your doctor is supposed to be upselling before accepting ANY. ALWAYS look at the warnings. Sadly this did not work and it’s taking me a long time to try to get back to a normal libido and mind again.”

stormy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “Zoloft made me feel completely disconnected from my surroundings - numb. I told my doctor I felt as though someone could commit some awful assault on another person and I would stand there emotionless and then walk away. I wanted to not have the hyper alertness connected with the PTSD but this was way to far to the opposite end of the scale.”

Martely · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2020

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “I had high hopes for zoloft to helpomy Fibromyalgia, PMDD, PTSD. The first week I took this I began having the worse anxiety attacks of my life. Too nauseous to eat, diarrhea, and migraines. I waited it out a month suffering from extreme anxiety which it was suppose to help me get rid of in the first place. Made my usual anxiety seem like nothing. It did nothing at all for my chronic pain, made me feel as if I was going crazy and not able to function.”

Miss R H April 6, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “Generalised Anxiety Disorder: 24 year old, never suffered with anxiety, panic attacks or disturbing intrusive thoughts before - I was terrified, didn’t understand what was going on. I initially took time off work, CBT, counselling, meditation, reiki and Propranolol to help myself at first. Nothing took it away, so I made the decision to go onto Zoloft. The first 2 weeks, you HAVE to push through the side effects. I was constantly nauseous and at times I would vomit. But now, I’m completely back to my old self! Zoloft has really restored my mental health to the point where I am free of anxiety completely! I’ve also always had terrible PMT since I was a teenager, I have noticed that Zoloft has sorted this out for me too! When that time of the month is approaching usually, I become extremely angry and often cry about irrational things. Since being on Zoloft, I have noticed I am much calmer and happier around my cycle. It’s been like a wonder drug for me!”