User Reviews for Zoloft

Major Depressive Disorder 57 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1024 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have suffered from severe anxiety punctuated by depressive episodes all of my life. At 58 having been prescribed many medications, this is the best ever. Before this prescription I was feeling so anxious I thought I would break. I am now feeling what I think is 'normal' for the first time ever, by which I mean I feel 'normal' amounts of anxiety in 'normal' degrees in appropriate situations- I feel I am in control of situations instead of them controlling me. I feel so much better, calm and relaxed, and it worked quickly. I wish I had tried it years ago."

Sillkie July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Got prescribed Zoloft after my 20 year relationship ended after my ex husband became addicted to meth. I was very depressed and couldn't control my thoughts about the situation, I had a hard time sleeping, zoning out, focusing, and adjusting to my normal everyday life. I started on 25 mg for about 3 weeks then increased to 50 mg. I've been on 50mg for a couple months and feel so much better. I can focus on my life again and never break down crying anymore etc. I had no side effects besides loose stool here and there. I like how there were no real side effects for me and it did what I was seeking. I would recommend to try Zoloft before other medications. I will not increase my dosage."

40 year old F (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I previously gave this a 10. l said it changed my life but since moving cities my anxiety has gotten so bad and OCD has gotten worse - not sure if it pooped out or just circumstances or need to change meds...frustrating"

Matty12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Didn't do a dang thing ! I took it like I was told to, and I waited & waited & waited some more! After a few months of not feeling any difference, or any better at all I quit taking it."

Brene July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "20 year old college student. I've had OCD since I was a kid (depression since junior year of high school) but only within the last year did I make the choice to take an SSRI. There's a lot of ambiguity surrounding antidepressants, and you can't really extract much from reviews without feeling reluctant. Yes, there are side effects that appear within the early stages. It is scary to ingest a drug you know little about. However, I can feel happy again, which I thought I had lost the ability to do. I don't believe everything is hopeless, which I, truthfully, thought I'd feel the rest of my life. It's been a lifesaver, and at 100mg, nothing feels inherently different about myself. It's just a tablet. Don't let it be more than it ought to be."

Ruhrohraggy34 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was on Zoloft for about 8 years for severe generalized anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder. I was eventually maxed out (200mg) and I felt awful. I couldn't feel emotions at all, it was almost like depression but less hopeless. I felt like a zombie. Or a robot. I also had pretty severe sexual side effects as well. Got taken off, and I feel like a real human again. I'm on Wellbutrin now."

ClearlyOdd July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I've got severe PTSD, OCD and social anxiety. I started taking Zoloft to help manage my PTSD symptoms, mainly anger/rage, flashbacks and dissociation. I'm a small male, I only weigh 125 lbs. I started at 25mg and then jumped to 100mg then 200mg within 2 months because this stuff's like water for me. I've been on 200mg for about 7 months now and it's helped a lot although not enough. I still feel my symptoms when they hit me, although they're slightly toned down. Btw I don't feel like a zombie at all, I still feel like myself, just more calm. It feels as though I'm not taking anything at all most of the time. I've basically also never had any side effects except the first day or two I had a slight sore stomach but nothing close to bad."

CMan27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've been on Sertraline (Zoloft) for eight years now and I am so glad I started! I take a weird dose-75mg-and that works for me! I do up my dose to 100mg when I feel I need it and my doc says this is okay. I am way past side effects, other than staying hydrated and eating extra fiber, I don't experience nausea or sleepiness. I use Zoloft in combination with Klonopin at night. I usually only take half a Klonopin at night for sleep. These two drugs together keep me calm, but not zombie-like. The looping ,intrusive thoughts and worrying seem blocked, and I rarely have breakthrough panic attacks. Regular exercise and talk therapy in combination with these drugs keep me balanced."

Misha13 July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This is one of a handful of meds that I have been prescribed over my 35 year battle with panic and I have to say that this drug had no effect at all, good or bad. My panic just continued. Today I am on 100mg of Elavil and it is working quite well. Best of all, Elavil has the added bonus of curbing my neuropathy which had forced me to be on fentanyl for over 4 years."

13crocs June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was on this medication for about 2 months and it was an awful experience. I started out on 25mg and I couldn't really feel any emotions, so they increased the dosage to 50mg. I started feeling worse, so I was told to increase the dosage again. Once I got to 75mg, I started becoming angry, even more anxious than I was before, I had an out-of-body experience, and I was becoming incredibly impulsive. After trying another anti-depressant and failing, it is believed that I have a mood disorder and was placed on mood stabilizers."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am bipolar 2 since young been medicated on an off most of my life but keep stopping like most then moved to qld thought I'd do something about my bipolar for real went to a pysch and he gave me Zoloft a few weeks later I told my pysch thay Zoloft was making me feel weirder than usual and was told it was normal about 7 months later I had the biggest psychosis. I had even had started cutting myself worse than ever. Plus a lot that can't be explained not like any other time and I know I've been in hospital more than a couple of times. While I was in hospital this time I was asked whom gave me Zoloft I should have never been given them and was told stop immediately as they were doing me more harm than good back to pysch ward I went"

Trueantrueig Chan n cert Hong June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I was put on Zoloft for PTSD. I took 25 mg daily for just over 3 months. It really did help my anxiety and allowed me to finish the school year. With Zoloft I have been a lot calmer, and it really helped me with day to day activities. If you just started this medication and are experiencing side effects, hang in there! My first week made me very nauseous and gave me insomnia. The nausea lasted only a week for me. Even though it did wonders for my mental health, it gave me a lot of physical health issues, so I had to stop taking the medication. It caused me to gain a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Furthermore it caused a slight bedwetting issue and very elevated liver enzymes. Good for anxiety, but my body didn't like it."

CrissyGirl59 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "After taking Zoloft (50 mg) for only a few days, I feel incredibly lucky to have had such a positive experience with it. For about an hour after I take it I get stomach cramps that resemble menstrual cramps, but after that I go into a really positive mood and I just want to tell everybody how much I appreciate them. I don't get sick from overthinking minor details anymore and all of my emotions feel more stable and controllable. I'm experiencing slight restlessness and difficulty falling asleep, but I'm taking that as a positive, as I feel like I got my energy back. I do clench my jaw at night now though. I have no appetite and I'm losing weight, but I used to overeat due to anxiety so I don't mind it. I never thought I could be this happy."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "The first 2 weeks on Zoloft were like hell. I was drowsy, had nightmares and my stomach was a mess. I've been taking 75mg for 3 month now and I feel like a new person . I'm mellow , easy to deal with and satisfied"

Kati27c (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was on 50mg of Zoloft for the last 3 years, and it has somewhat reduced my panic attacks, but my depression has gotten much worse. My doctor suggested that I increase my dosage to 100mg, which I did. At this dosage I felt less depressed, but was much more anxious, more angry and starting experiencing manic states for the first time in my life. I do not have bipolar, so this was extremely concerning. I have been taking 3mg of Clonazepam daily with my Zoloft, but I only experience mania after increasing my Zoloft, so I can only suspect I had an adverse reaction"

DaLeinad (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "20 y/o female, prescribed 50mg for major depressive disorder, social anxiety, and just overall generalized anxiety. Been on 50mg for 3 months now. Side effects were minor which consisted of insomnia, loss of appetite, and nausea.. though they subsided within the first few weeks and I now experience none. I love Zoloft! I can live again! I'm laughing and going out with friends, not laying in bed all day. I can finally breath, my surroundings seem so much brighter, I don't harbor hate anymore, I'm me again...More ambitious and creative like I was before I fell into this self destructive path of depression two years ago. I no longer have the desire to self medicate with drugs and alcohol. I wish I got on Zoloft a long time ago."

Kitten.666 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "It's hard to know if it's working I feel down majority of the time and the only time I'm happy is when I'm ready for bed. I've been on Zoloft for 6 months now at 100mg I just want this to kick in already. Can I take anything else to help me?"

Vyzz June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I started Zoloft after being on citalopram. Citalopram worked the best for me but due to my age, my GP wouldn't raise the dose after 25mg stopped helping. I've been on Zoloft since around February or so and it's increased my anxiety dramatically. To the point that I can't sleep and I'm writing this at 4:49am. I also noticed I started to struggle with death anxiety A LOT which I hadn't had problems with in the past. I am still taking Zoloft but will hopefully be changing medication in the next few weeks."

Kjemma (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Continuation from Alee: I went to the ER and my potassium was low; now I'm on potassium pills for 3 days. Today 6/16/17 I had my first panic attack in over a few weeks, my heart was pounding really hard and fast; my left side was numb, I couldn't breathe; so I showered and it calmed me down a bit. I'm hesitant to start back on the zoloft...any suggestions?"

A. Asenth (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've taken Zoloft for several years: once to help with OCD when I was younger and more recently to help with depression. Overall I definitely experienced less crying and general hopelessness on Zoloft. I still had my bad days but in general it's manageable. The biggest side effect was the weight gain. I gained about 20 lbs in a year. I also felt like I sweat easier on this medication, especially my palms. This was pretty minor though. I'm switching to another medication due to the weight gain and I will say the withdrawals from Zoloft are tough. My emotions were really heightened and anything could make me cry. Be sure to tell your loved ones that you'll need some extra support as you taper off."

cisuggs (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I started low dose 25 mg of Zoloft 1 month ago and it was increased two times. The last time was 17 days ago to 100mg. I can't sleep, lost weight, my anxiety is tremendous and still depressed. How long will it take to feel normal?"

Beachshore (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I developed a very specific form of OCD in my early 50's that is commonly described as "Ear Worms". It is where a song or a snippet of a song gets stuck in your head and keeps playing over and over. It got so bad it was literally driving me insane. I would have a snippet playing nonstop for WEEKS! Day and night (kept me awake until I fell asleep from exhaustion). Played at work CONSTANTLY where I couldn't focus. I would be in meetings unable to pay attention because I would have a song blaring over and over in my head. After ramping up doses, I settled at 100mg/day of Zoloft which has SAVED MY LIFE! It works! I can listen to music again and not yell at my wife when she sings. And I have no side effects."

SpongeBob828 June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed this medicine in 2004 to help with depression. Instead of getting better I progressively got worse and my psychiatrist's answer was to put me on Xanax. Long story short, I ended up in a psychiatric hospital. Turns out I have bipolar II and since I wasn't on a mood stabilizer I essentially lost my mind. Horrible experience."

TWG74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed Zoloft for depression and I was on it for a month before I had to get off. After three weeks I started noticing a lack of feeling and it became difficult to orgasm and once the fourth week came around I was completely unable to orgasm. I want to give it zero stars because of how much that affected me personally but it did help a lot with my depression and I was starting to feel more like myself."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just did a week of 25mg. I haven't noticed a difference. I haven't had bad side effects either. Tomorrow I will up the dose to 50mg. I'll be posting again next week."

Nervoussssssssssssss May 31, 2017