User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 377 reviews 80 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 941 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft worked AWESOME for my extreme anxiety and major depression. It worked for many years but eventually (as all good things do), it stopped working as well and once my dosage couldn't go any higher, I had to start the whole process of finding the right medication and the right "cocktail" for me. Again, I'd like to reiterate that Zoloft SAVED MY LIFE for MANY YEARS and only had to stop talking bc after about 7-10 years I guess my body didn't continue to respond like it used to."

MaryKrazy1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been on this medication for two days and I have had a significant improvement in obsessive thoughts and my anxiety. I had insomnia last night, but I heard that subsides. I have tons of energy and want to go do things I had lost interest in doing. I don't know if this is just going to be in the beginning, but I have read it only gets better. I have a little nausea, but I have stomach problems as well so I'm used to it. I will put an update later on. I am going to stick this out!"

xoxobecca619 February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Was on lexapro 20mg one a day for year thought I would try something different Dr said try Zoloft 50 mg a day OMG what a mistake. First week bad dreams, rash, itchy, dizziness no sex drive etc. terrible not for me going back on lexapro."

Jerseyguy19 February 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Well I think that it has help with my anger. however not really my depression. People say I'm a lot better but I'm still down inside. Don't really know if there is a real cure for depression."

Zedy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "My internist prescribed me 25mg of Zoloft daily as an alternative to Wellbutrin. The side effects were not worth the benefit for me. In the seven weeks I faithfully used the med I suffered from severe fatigue, inability to orgasm, weight gain, acne, and chest heaviness. As a thirty-something, in-shape mother of two, I have zero time for naps so, fatigue was not a livable option for me. I'm actually really surprised by the weight gain as I hit the gym daily. The pros of this medicine would be: my sweet tooth was non-existent. That's probably it."

DFWmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Zoloft is a fantastic AD. It gave me motivation and helped me get back out there into my life. It didn't work that well for anxiety, but your mileage may vary. Even switching up as little as 50mg would bring back the "punch" if it "pooped out." Highly recommend."

Psychtraveler (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I had awful panic attacks and getting through the day was unbearable. I was put on Paxil and had thoughts of suicide almost instantly. My doctor prescribed Zoloft 50mg and the side effects were uncomfortable, so I started taking half of tablet and it has done wonders for me. I am now taking 25mg daily and I am slowly feeling like myself again."

Lana1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Took this for anxiety and depression but found out later that I actually had severe PMDD. I had to stop taking Zoloft after six months due to bad vertigo but it definitely helped the PMDD symptoms. Switched to venlafaxine and found that to be great, but first three days are so hard. Headaches, low mood, heavy feeling in head and body. It worked though. Zoloft also fixed my restless leg syndrome which had not responded to any other treatment."

Mummy bear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Took Zoloft for depression and anxiety and was on it for about six months. It absolutely helped and I felt less anxious almost immediately. But I stopped taking it due to increasing negative side effects. I have learned through my journey that other people's experiences of these kinds of meds are no real indication of how it will be for you personally. But sometimes it helps to share. Just take everything with a grain of salt. Zoloft negatives: constant yawning, first three days you feel so unwell you think you'll never be ok again. Also, inability to have an orgasm, which lasted about three months and then I was fine. Serious vertigo that got so bad I had to stop taking it. Tried venlafaxine and Prozac with better results."

Mummy bear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Only day three but the physical stress symptoms are totally gone. To be honest though the physical tremors the weird yawning are rather unnerving but I am sure they will die down. I will comment each week for four weeks to update."

Freaky deeky (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "Was switching from 40mg of Celexa to 100mg of Zoloft. Felt great first two weeks. Then it was pure hell after that. I ended up with Serotonin syndrome during the switch. Ok. Gave the drug a good 8 weeks. Couldn't sleep. Was way too activating. Made me feel trapped in a constant state of anxiety and panic. Zaps in my fingers and toes. My children at one point asked if I was high because of the way I was acting. I couldn't even get a coherent thought out. The last day I took Zoloft I can't even remember I was so out of it. Not the drug for me. Those shouldn't persuade you from trying it as many of these meds are hit and miss."

Sc00bs (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've suffered from all four (Panic/ anxiety/depression/bad thoughts) for 7 years I've never had panic attacks like I do now, I'm finding myself on the internet searching about panic/anxiety attacks how are they cause what causes them, searching more into the answer I got then searching more in to that answer I got and so on, it's to the point I'm scared to eat because I'm scared of having something to spike an attacks, try to avoid leaving my house let along the living room, my doctor gave me zoloft 25mg and I'm so scared to take it, what if it makes me worse what if it don't work, what if something happens while I have my kids alone, can I od, will I get addicted feel like I'm going crazy"

Alyssa M February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "It's so difficult looking at reviews because so many are negative. I have moderate depression and generalized anxiety disorder. I started taking antidepressants pretty young maybe 6th or 7th grade. I took lexapro, Prozac, and something else before I got on Zoloft. I just recently got off Zoloft to see how I'd do without it and so far I've been okay. Anyways, Zoloft was practically a life saver for me. I'm not sure if I have experienced any of the side effects, but if I have they obviously didn't make much of a difference. This review is here to say don't be scared to take Zoloft it might be the perfect drug for ya!"

Happychick98 February 7, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I took Zoloft consistently for about three months and it was the hardest three months of my life. It made my depression significantly worse. I thought if I stuck with it for a while it would eventually help me but it didn't. It did help with my anxiety though. As soon as I stopped taking any antidepressant my anxiety sky rocketed and I was able to beat my depression by finding God. I hope this helps whoever is reading this. Stay strong."

Ryan2224 February 6, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "Took 100 mg daily for over 10 years and it did nothing to take care of the problems I explained to my doctor. Every time I advised my doctor it wasn't working he increased the dosage but never did it relieve my panic, tremor or social anxiety disorder. Feeling I no longer wanted to take it for these reasons they refused to help me get off it so I did it by myself over several months and had severe withdrawal panics. I had suicidal thoughts and attempts but why should a person take a medication that doesn't help with the problem."

PSFri February 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I feel very difficult when taking Zoloft at 25mg. for about ten days then 50mg. afterwards. I primarily take it for stress, anxiety, and depression. Once I was told by a psychiatrist that I could have PMDD even though I haven't been diagnosed with the condition by a gynecologist, it's because I would have severe crying spells days before my period so severe that I wouldn't stop crying, and I would feel extremely sensitive emotionally. I still cry a little before I get period sometimes, but the medication I take seems to work well to keep my nerves calm. In addition I have bipolar depression, PTSD, social anxiety, and ADD/ADHD. Ritalin is another medication that I also take."

AshleyNave100 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started Zoloft because I was struggling with obsessive, repetitive thoughts about bad things happening to my children which made me anxious all the time. The first 3 weeks were hell. Even the Klonopin the doctor gave me to get through it didn't help. It felt like my anxiety levels tripled. I could barely function. Between weeks 4-5 I transitioned to just feeling as anxious as I had been before. Then it felt like a balloon was inflating inside my head (in a good way), and the anxious thoughts were bouncing off the balloon instead of being allowed to collect and swirl around torturing me. Then I started having moments of feeling GOOD. And those moments grew into my new reality. My anxiety is 90% better. Zoloft gave me a new life."

MuchHappier (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "HELLO world, Writing a review cause 'Im just like you scrolling thru, I wanted to share my experience with this medicine, first things first this DOES NOT work right away it takes about a month or two For me at least to kick in, so do not stop after like a week unless you have horrible side effects. I satrted from 20mg all the way to 100mg. Helps a lot with S.A , G.A.D and depression, and as well as Agoraphobia Panic attacks are gone, Still get anxious but a normal nervousness not overwhelming, no more crying spells.. This Medicine won't Cure Mental Illness but it definitely HELPS! %u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764" Give it a Try, & always keep ya head up! ! if it doesn't work you can always keep trying other SSRI's that will help your everyday life!"

Quest. (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "Life saver. Few side effects initially (increased depression and anxiety, decreased appetite, insomnia and agitation), no side effects long term. Push through those horrible first two weeks. At week three my depression was GONE, agitation completely gone, panic attacks gone. Some general anxiety, But that subsided after a couple of month. I was on this medication for a year, and got of it with little to no withdrawal symptoms. I STRONGLY recommend starting as low as 12.5 mg for a week, then 25 for a week. Cut the 25 mg tablets in half. This eases those horrible initial side effects, especially anxiety and agitation. Big hugs and high five to all of you anxiety/depression suffers out there. You can and you Will get better!"

Danishgirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 30, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Just day 2 of 10 mg of Zoloft.. The first day I just ate a lot of food.. Felt hungry. And was up until 3 in the morning, and the sleep was crappy anyways. Now it's day 2, and this morning I felt sick, and it didn't take a lot of movement to make feel me lightheaded. And I speak fast too. That or I think too hard about what I want to say. Hmm.."

Sanjaaay January 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I have been on 50mg Zoloft for 2 weeks now. I confidently say this medication is the best thing that has ever happened to me since living my life controlled by anxiety and horrendous panic. It was the right decision because I'm starting to finally see that I'm getting my life back to how I was before. The side effects are not great like lack of appetite, nausea etc. But they pass after a week or two and all these bad reviews that you see are people not giving this medication a chance to kick in and work. It takes time and I respect that it might not effect everyone how it has me but I can say without Zoloft I don't think I would have ever got better because no reassurance from family members was helping it was the extra push I needed."

Jack27765 January 27, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft, for me, has been a wonder drug. It worked incredibly well for me in combating anxiety associated with Post Natal Depression. Initially I had the shakes and dry mouth and a little dizziness, but that passed after a couple of weeks. I highly recommend sticking with the side effects and trying it for at least 8 weeks. From being almost bed bound, I completed a nursing degree, got a great job and am raising 2 kids as a single Mum. I found keeping busy the helps with my anxiety. CBT and Zoloft were, however, the most effective treatments for keeping panic at bay."

1968Wookiee January 26, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have taken Zoloft since I was 21 years old. I'm now 36. I've struggled with anxiety since late in high school. Zoloft is not the 100% answer to anxiety, but it does help. When I use it consistently it helps with anxiety attacks, helps your mind from wondering about the meaningless things around you that would normally start you on the path to another anxiety attack. If you choose to seek medical advice about taking Zoloft make sure you continuously stay on it. In my experience at times when I've forgotten, my prescription ran out and I don't have it I've found I'm OK for 3-4 days. After several days I notice a strange dizzy spell of sorts, a pulsing in my ears, to where I just want to lie down. I'm sure it's just an imbalance in my body."

cwlanter28 (taken for 10 years or more) January 25, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I've been all over the place in my head. It calms me down some but not a lot. Plus I've been gaining weight, I've been sick, headaches, itchy, and so much other stuff."

Princeskiki12139698 January 25, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on this medication for a few years now. overtime, I have noticed huge improvements in my severe social anxiety. it is much easier to get through the day! As far as side effects, I experienced loss in appetite and fatigue for about a week, then it all went away. Please don't let negative reviews scare you and give the meds a chance to do their job, it doesn't happen overnight!"

Anonymous January 23, 2017