User Reviews for Zoloft

7.1

Major Depressive Disorder

Summary of Zoloft reviews 7.4 1,159 reviews

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I was placed on zoloft after being on citalopram for 3 years. I was on 25 mg Zoloft for about a week and bumped to 50mg for 21 days. Then bumped to 75 mg where I’ve been for 3 weeks. So about 7 weeks total. My anxiety is gone & I’m way more mellow. I had two job interviews and didn’t have any panic or meltdowns. So that’s great. I noticed I’m way more apathetic and that my libido is gone. I still have days where I’m empty feeling (even though I have tons of friends and family that I adore) and where I cry. I also feel very spacey at times. I function okay I think and I am able to take care of errands, the household, and my child. I may lower back down to 50mg if I continue to feel numb on 75 mg after 8 weeks. This medicine isn’t scary, don’t be afraid to try it. Please also remember that it takes months for it to start working and some people stop taking this medicine early before it could of begun to help."

Nicoleee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Depression "I suffer from S.A.D., or seasonal affective disorder, depression and anxiety. All of my symptoms have increased as I've gotten older. Last year I took Lexapro, which was too numbing, affected my executive function, focus, short-term memory and libido in a bad way. This fall, I decided to be proactive and got on 50 mg of Zoloft. Completey life-changing experience! Side effects were nothing compared to Lexapro. Maybe 1 or 2 days of mild nausea, slight insomnia for the first 2 nights. Now at 5 weeks, I feel clear, happy, functional and optimistic. Libido intact. Takes a bit longer to orgasm but it's kind of amazing because it prolongs the intensity. Zoloft has truly changed my life for the better, hopefully it will continue to work-- will take it forever if possible!!! Wanted to leave this + review because there are so many negative ones out there, which don't paint an accurate picture of any drug. Negative experiences are always reported more than positive ones. :-)"

KGrrrrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I think Zoloft caused permanent brain damage and more depression than I had before. I was only on 50mg for about 3 or 4 months but started having serious memory problems like having no clue where I parked. Not even a general direction. The scariest part was that I noticed when people were talking to me things stopped registering. Like I was trying to listen but couldn't. I stopped taking it hoping this would go away but it didn't after over 2 yrs now. And now I'm left with more depression than before and serious cognitive issues. I might not be able to keep my job or function in life anymore. It did make me feel better and be more social but wasn't worth it."

Aaronavich (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was on Celexa for 6 years for panic disorder, depression and generalized anxiety. After 6 years of being on Celexa, I was really fed up with the sexual side effects and the weight so I switched to Zoloft. I was super skeptical at first, given I was starting a new job at the time and it is never easy to change medication. I sucked up my fears and weaned off the Celexa and started the Zoloft. Unfortunately for me, I have had really bad side effects from Zoloft. My panic disorder and anxiety is through the roof... It has never been this bad before. Additionally, my heart rate is extremely accelerated and causing heart palpitations. I am mad at myself for weaning off the Celexa because it did indeed help with my panic disorder, depression and anxiety. Although I gained weight on Celexa and experienced a lot of negative sexual side effects, I am hoping to get back on it next week! I know Zoloft works for a lot of people (my roommate included) but this was not the drug for me."

Madddddds (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I suffer from major depression & several cases of depression from having unresolved grief. Zoloft helped me a lot, before I got on medicine I was fighting demons & having death thoughts & a lot of thoughts that wasn’t normal. Depression is real if you don’t get help you could end up committing suicide or living a life that is not healthy. Ultimately this medication Zoloft helped me. Depression is a disease that never goes away - u have to live & fight through it everyday for the rest of your life & confront it. NEVER GIVE UP. SOMEONE LOVES YOU & NEEDS YOU TO KEEP FIGHTING. IT'S NOT JUST YOUR BATTLE ITS ALL OF OURS!!!!"

Anonymous October 3, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Be careful while taking this medication!!! You should start with small dosage (25mg) for couple of weeks then you can increase it slowly 25mg every 2-3 weeks The side effects can be severe ! First week might be the worst week in your life but you have to be patient because once your body adjust to it you will see the gains. Side effects were severe pressure in my eyes, headache, insomnia, high blood pressure, dizziness, stomach pain, severe nausea, anxiety and passing out, but remember although it has very severe side effects, it is worth your patience because once your body adjust to it, it will change your life for the better and forever. I had anxiety and panic attacks for 7 years and tried dozens of medications (cipralix, seroxat, pristiq, effexor, cymbalta.....etc) and this is the MOST EFFECTIVE medicine I've tried. Now I'm on 225mg daily and will reduce it to 100mg. Huge side effects in first days...and huge gains forever You decide"

Fhd October 1, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took zoloft for almost 3 months. Whether it worked or not didn't matter as after I ate within 10-30 minutes I had diarrhea, flushing my meal right out of me. No nutrients equals no strength and weakness. Couldn't live like that so weaned off of it."

Dgirlrun (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Worked reasonably well at first, but became less effective with time"

Trex September 27, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I started taking this only as a last resort medication because the reviews scared me. I halved my 50 mg into 25 mg, gave it a few weeks & before I knew what it felt like and I was making progress more than I was in 2/3 months. This medicine picked me up out of my depression & panic but after a while it felt like I was back to being stable, just negative to myself. I talked to my doctor & she recommended I stop taking to medication bc I was on the lowest dose with bad thoughts, it wasn’t for me. I haven’t taken it since. Just my .25 mg xanax for when I have a panic attack & I’ve been doing pretty good. I'm still getting back to my calm & “normal” routine. I wouldn't take it if thinking about getting pregnant"

mraeced (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

For Depression "I've been taking it for nearly 4 months now, for about the first month I experienced hypomania, which is fairly common to my understanding, then on my cycle I still felt a little depressed, so my doctor upped my dosage from 100mg a day to 150mg a day. After that change I was fairly manic and hyperactive all the time except the week of my cycle, during which I was "normal". My friends and family have noticed changes in me that neither them, nor I particularly like (zoning out, agitation, frequent dizziness, etc.) and more recently I have had semi emotional numbness/no motivation to do anything and have had elevated thoughts/actions of self harm and suicide (before this I hadn't self harmed for several years) and now I sometimes get into a headspace where I am thinking very irrationally, and don't consider consequences. My anxiety is still high, and at this point it doesn't seem to be helping my depression either. I plan to stop taking this."

ally (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

"My doctor prescribed me this for help with symptoms caused by IBS. After taking this for a week, I did my own research and did not find that anyone had found this effective for IBS. This medication gave me the worst cramping and sore stomachs that I have ever experienced, I lost 4kg over the week because it made me feel so sick so I couldn't eat, I had a constant headache and constant diarrhoea. Would not recommend this to anyone with IBS."

bluemonday700 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I am anti mind altering drugs, my daughter had panic attacks and anxiety and her Dr put her on Zoloft, she was feeling bad the other day and called her Dr only to be told he was on vacation, the Dr taking his place told her to up her dosage. 2 days later she tried to take her own life, she is in ICU and in really bad shape, please don't take this drug."

Alexandra's Dad. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Zoloft got me through so much trauma over the past 6 months that I didn’t think was possible! Basically, this medicine saved my life. It has given me the ability to function. Stick with it!"

It saved me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 19, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder "After three weeks of taking zoloft it started working. And for three whole days, it was working incredibly well. My social anxiety was practically gone, I was confident and talkative. However, the next day it started creeping back, it seems that I've already built up a tolerance. Now 4 weeks in, it barely working at all, for social anxiety or depression."

Danjwp (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2018

For Panic Disorder "If your reading the reviews and thinking how scary Zoloft sounds or thinking maybe you shouldn’t take it then you are like I was 6 weeks ago. THIS MEDICINE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE ALREADY. I’m on 50mg and may increase to 75 due to some nervous thoughts and occasional sensations of panic but it is nothing like it use to be. Before zoloft I wasn’t able to leave my house. I was having severe panic attacks multiple times a day. This medicine started working for me at 25mg 2 weeks after starting it. Doctor increased it to 50mg and this week I’ve noticed a huge difference. The only side affect I had was nauseous and upset stomach at first and then again when I increased to 50mg 2 weeks ago. Other than that I just feel better. Please give this medicine a try if you want a shot at a somewhat normal life. You owe it to yourself to put the fear aside and try to get better. Do this for you. I did and I was terrified to try it but I’m so so happy I did."

Zietygirl September 14, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder "If society wouldn't shame people for taking medication for things out of their control, I would have and should have been on this medication as a child. 20 odd years late though, boy could life had been different. No looking back now!"

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

For Depression "First of all, I wanted to write this several years ago but somehow never got around to it. Zoloft has changed my life. I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life. In 2011 I finally started Zoloft. The first night I started my 25mg dose. The next morning I woke up and felt completely different. It was like a euphoric feeling. My body didn’t ache. I had more energy....fast forward 7 years. I still am using Zoloft and it has made me a better wife, more patient parent and overall less anxious and depressed."

Deedee (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been suffering from depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember (I began having anxiety at age 5, panic attacks at 10, agoraphobia at 11, depression/panic at 12, and I still suffer from anxiety and depression to this day). Zoloft definitely helped at first, but I almost feel like my body is becoming tolerant to it. Is that possible? It also definitely kinda sucks the life out of u."

rose44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

For Depression "My son had a k10 score of 31\50 and was prescribed 100mg Zoloft daily. He had a panic attack and killed himself. This is a known side effect of Zoloft and I blame it and a lack of active follow up by his doctor."

Juliaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

For Depression "Just take these reviews with a grain of salt. A lot of reviews after taking one day, couple weeks etc. you need a full three months for maximum effectiveness. Not that it takes that long to start getting relief. Side effects are common while your body adjusts. Some of them will go away. I had no troublesome side effects with Zoloft. I always have to start out gradually. Maybe even more than they say bc I’m sensitive to meds. I got big relief from depression. Panic attacks went away. OCD went away. The cons are it made me not very motivated, felt kind of numb to strong feelings. Not feeling urgency about my life. I wouldn’t take it again for years bc it blocked my clear perspective. But it was great to get me stabilized. Things that really help but can’t completely replace anti dep is fish oil, vit d, exercise, sunlight, folate like spinach , lentils really good. Also diet really helps. Get a book called the good mood diet. Best wishes"

Louann September 9, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I promised myself that I would write a review and try to help someone else if the medicine worked and boy did it!! This is truly a miracle pill. It helped me with everything including my panic attacks, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, and OCD rituals. I’m free again able to live a calm life. I will say the first few weeks were brutal. I had every side effect, nauseous, diarrhea , headaches, dizziness, some minor hair loss and more. I prayed this pill would help me and it did. Before it I had no quality of life and, to me, the side effects were worth it. I stuck it out for 3 months and I’m back to my old self and even better. I had very dark days. The fear was paralyzing and I couldn’t function. I couldn’t get through the day without my Xanax 0.25 frequently and now Xanax free! I started with 50mg for a month and then 100mg for 8 weeks. Today, I’m working, exercising, being the mom I want to be and take stress better. My panic suffering is over. Thank you Lord and Thank you ZOLOFT!"

Miraclezees September 9, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Started on 50mg about two weeks ago for depression, anxiety, adjustment disorder -recently diagnosed with lupus- and severe panic attacks. All in which my symptoms were manageable up until the past four days where I wake up out of no where in a panic and it lasts all day until till I take my prescribed does of 1mg Xanax to level out and sleep. I was recently impatient and noticed I woke up with panic day two on the medication but figured it was situational since I’ve never been in a hospital setting like that. The panic grips and consumes me mentally and physically, like my skin is on fire but my blood is running cold. I feel like I can’t take this medication anymore. I shouldn’t have to take a Benzo to make another drug not make me sick. Also I’m loosing crazy weight from the nervousness."

MissPreston (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Postpartum Depression "I just want to share my experience with Zoloft. I went through the hardest and scariest thing I had ever experienced after having my baby. I though I had gone crazy and had no idea that it was possible to have these symptoms after having a baby. I was very hesitant to take any meds especially because I’m breastfeeding but my dr highly recommend that I take a small dose of Zoloft. I filled the prescription but still didn’t take it until one day I woke up and couldn’t stop crying because of the horrific state that my mind was in. I decided that I could not do this alone. It took at least a month and a couple of dose increases but I am doing so much better now and I really want women to know that it’s ok to talk to your dr and get help. I’m so grateful that we now have access to this medication and I’m so glad that I stopped being stubborn and just accepted the help. There is absolutely no point in trying to conquer this horrific experience alone."

t (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft is effective but side effects can be too much sometimes. However it totally eliminated my social anxiety."

Miraywa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I am so glad I stuck to this medication!! I was initially worried about taking meds- I didn't know how my body would respond. But my anxiety got to the point where it was unbearable. I could not eat for weeks thats how bad it got. I finally got prescribed Zoloft 25 mg for a week and increased to 50 mg. The first week I got some nasty side effects like nausea and insomnia but that all cleared up after 2-3 weeks. All I can say is give this medication some time to work- because it actually works!!! This Is my 7th week on Zoloft and the improvements I see in myself are amazing. The anxiety isn't completely gone but I am able to feel excited about life again and feel much calmer."

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes