User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 336 reviews 79 medications

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 828 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "Everyone is different how they react to meds . But omg this medicine is the worst for me I tried it over a year ago lasted three days because I just got so sick . Well then I months later I said I'll try it again maybe I just got the flue or soemthing at the same time of taking it the first time well I last 5 days on the lowest dose and again sick as hell this medicine made me feel like so much worse like I was in a panic attack 24/7 . Headache , stomach issues , feeling out of my body , I just don't get it how they say you need go threw the side affects to get better like there's no way they can expect you to stick with something that's making you 20 times worse like sure I little unpleasant but this is over board how it made me feel .:("

Jjbegood (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had a horrible experience with Zoloft. I started on a low-dose liquid form and at first it seemed to be really lifting my mood, reducing my anxiety, and boosting my self esteem. But I soon began experiencing extreme irratibility and episodes of destructive rage aimed at my belongings or myself. I loved the benefits, but the side effects were ruining my life and relationships, so I discontinued. In addition to rage, I also experienced severe prolonged pms (3 weeks duration), constant breast pain and swelling, unrestorative sleep, and awful vivid lifelike nightmares. In terms of reducing depression and anxiety, I'd give it a 9, but the side effects didn't enable me to continue taking it."

Jennifer1201 August 28, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Have experienced anxiety my whole life along with occasional panic attacks that come and go. I was so excited to try Zoloft after reading all these positive reviews but I only ended up taking one pill and I won't be taking another! It's different for everyone, but for me, I took 25mg at 5pm and the next morning I was nauseous, was pissing out my butthole and couldn't eat for another 12 hours. I woke up again this morning still feeling very sick with diarrhea. I would rather have the stomach flu than ever experience that again. I'm going on the second day without taking it and I'm still not fully recovered from being that sick. I gave it a 3 because other than that, I felt no other side effects except a little tingly the first hour or so."

Bekah202122 August 28, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "30/F. I developed severe anxiety due to obsessive "bang your head against a wall to make it stop" intrusive thoughts at age 7. I "grew out" of it as I got older, but it hit back in full swing at 18. After years of walking around with a constant stomachache and having obsessive thought-induced panic attacks (all while living a "normal" life) I finally went to see a doctor. I started out at 50mg and later bumped up to 100. First few days felt like I had mild morning sickness and brain fog, but faded quickly. The only real lasting symptom is restless legs/sleeplessness at night, and I'd rather be awake and restless than awake and hysterical. I do think about/initiate sex less, but have found that (for me) getting started anyway does the trick."

kyriej (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2016

For Postpartum Depression "It took a few weeks, but I feel so much better. I felt like I was stuck on the bottom of a seesaw and couldn't balance out my mood. I couldn't handle my rage over the smallest things. I would wake up and couldn't shut off my brain. Now I'm sleeping better, I wake up in a normal mood and no longer "sweat the small stuff." In addition, I am getting along much better with my family and friends. Let's just say I am better to be around. Don't worry about the side effects. I stayed away from Zoloft for a long time because I had anxiety about the side effects. Guess what? No side effects! Just a better life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

For Depression "I had to start off at a very low dose, 12.5mg. Starting at anything higher made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Gradually increasing by just 12.5 mg for dose increases were much kinder. My mind is becoming more clear and focused, my thoughts dont seem so cluttered, and I have a little room for improvement so far. I target between 75-100 mg for feeling my best. Typical warned side effects (GI upset) is as expected but with each small increase, resolves. Sticking with it! :)"

focusedandhappier August 25, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "It made me zombie like, felt l nothing at all! That is not a good thing!"

saschbacher August 24, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Been suffering with anxiety since Jan this year, tried natural products,CBT also citalopram. Citalopram made me worse, sick, crying just feeling awful. Doctor suggested Sertraline to which I was very nervous to try, started 25mg for one week then increased to 50mg, no side effects at all. Day 18 on 50mg feel more myself, feeling better daily. My advice don't read any negative reviews only the positive, give them a go. Def working for me."

Croatia August 23, 2016

For Depression "Hi all, I've just commenced Zoloft for moderate depression. My Psychologist said that it will assist me to get more out of our sessions and will greatly improve my mood. I'm on 50mg. Last night was the first night I took Zoloft and my god I was so sick during the night and even this morning. I've taken today off work as I was still unwell at 11am. I'm going to hang in there. Thanks for your honesty and sharing your positive/negative experiences."

dons1980 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Zoloft for 20 years. I started on 50mg a day and remember the very overwhelming feeling of "normality" within a month. I was at one stage, 12 - 15 years ago on 400 mg per day. Since then I have been on 300 mg per day. It is the only SSRI that seems to work for me. Of late Zoloft has been difficult to obtain and I have tried several generic brands. For me , contrary to the statement that they do exactly the same thing, they don't work as well as Zoloft. In fact some are quite detrimental. I have MDD, OCD, ODD and minor agoraphobia. Zoloft has saved my life."

El Jay. (taken for 10 years or more) August 23, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Have previously used progesterone tablets which worked fairly well however I had a break and then my gp told me to use these instead. Horrid 3 days! I could deal with the nausea and low mood as I was prepared for it, but I lost my orgasm on just 25mg and 3 tablets. Not for me!"

Sanderlair August 16, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I was prescribed this med last spring (over a year ago), I am professionally diagnosed with PTSD, OCD, depression, ovary issues and severe anxiety attacks.. these were diagnosed PRIOR to being on Zoloft. It helps me feel less in need of doing things NOW with my OCD "rituals", my ovary issues are getting better, it does also help with social anxiety for me. I'd like to say and point out, I heard of a lawsuit going on with Pfizer on this med and I'm very upset on that. First off, if your going to become pregnant, ANY doctor should tell you not to be on anything except for prenatal vitamins. It's the doctors getting the money for prescribing the meds, don't let that fool you. If you are nursing, pregnant or want to have a baby, do without!"

Lady Jerrico (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am back again. I always revert back to zoloft. Beside Paxil and Buspar, those are the only REAL meds with anti anxiety properties to them that are NOT benzo and addictive. The other anti depress can work but I really need it for anxiety 100% not depression. I had reported that I got headaches and body aches due to jaw clenching and grinding teeth and scrunching up my body at night but I will take that over the other side effects from other meds. If i stay at 100 mg and not go up to 150 mg then sex is not affected. Never gain weight from this med. I will give it a try again and deal with headaches! This one truly does work for SAD, GADS, anxiety etc... Oh its way cheaper than the other newer ones I was trying."

ecjames71 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Depression "This medicine is terrible. In fact doctors are terrible for prescribing it. Thanks to a 15 min session of my psychiatrist nodding (while barely looking at me) then writing down a name of a pill to "fix me" my face has never seen such acne. He thought I was depressed before, now I don't want to even leave the house. DOCTORS OVER PRESCRIBE!!!!! Please trust me, go to your herbal neighborhood store and get things to detox from medicine. The pharmaceutical companies are making a fortune on society believing a magic pill will sustain our life and subdue our problems. You're smarter than that, right?"

Girl236885 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have social anxiety disorder and depression. I never knew how unhappy and stressed I was until I started taking Zoloft early in the year. The drug did wonders for me. It brought out such happiness and a zest for life that I had not felt in a very long time. I began to exercise and eat right and as a result I lost a lot of weight. However, I stopped taking Zoloft mid year because my wife and I are trying to have another baby and it might affect fertility. A few weeks ago I got back on Zoloft for some anxiety I was feeling. I have done one week at 25 mg and the following two weeks on 50, but my anxiety is through the roof and I'm very depressed. I hope it starts to work again, I'm really anxious and praying I get my calm back."

DepressedNTX (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

For Depression "I started taking this drug to battle mild depression. 50mg a day. Pros: 1) more energy than usual. I go to the gym more than I used to (losing weight). I go the "extra mile" at work, I got a promotion (financial industry/hedge funds). 2) depression started to fade Cons: 1) DR told me to take it before bed. INSOMNIA was so severe I switched to morning. 2) no desire for sex. 3) I started to feel numb, not literally. Stuff I care about, I no longer do. This is where the depression starts to fade (partly). Hard to explain this one... 4) I'm alienating myself from friends. I like spending time alone, but I'm spending even more so now. 5) I have to take Ativan before bed from time to time due to extra energy"

AnSF99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Been severely depressed for many years. Anxiety, ocd too. Zoloft has made me way more stable, down side is it can make you numb to life. I lost my dad in 06, I went into an awake coma so to speak, lost my mom last March, I felt the pain come in like bullet and then I felt overwhelmingly calm, that's the seratonin doing its job. I couldn't cry at the funeral or anything. While I'm not depressed, I do feel many other effects, decreased libido, muscle twitch, I extend my legs and contort them in bed uncontrollably. I give it a 9 because it saved my life. I'm on 150mg mornings. Have been for 10 years plus. Give it a good shot, let it have time to work. Good Luck. Don't ever give up."

That guy Rogue July 27, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Started on 25mgs and had a tough first week with all the side effects. My doctor told me to stay on it for 2-3 more weeks and I did - and I must say, it have effected my life for the better cause. Went up to 50mg and have been on that dose for a while. Works great and feel that it is easier to do things now than before. Think it is important to say that there are no wonders drugs for anxiety. You are the key to deal with it - not the medicine. I still recommend Zoloft for those struggling with panic attacks."

AAvsQQ July 23, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was initially scared to go on Zoloft, as I had been on it when I was 12 for depression and I was told I was a despondent zombie. I'm 18 now and have probably taken 10 different antidepressants. Two months ago I began having horrible intrusive thoughts, and this was the first drug recommended. I agreed to try it after some pushing from my doctor and more experimentation. The first two weeks was hell; I couldn't keep anything down. I lost 18 pounds in two weeks. My OCD is better but it's still not great. I had periods of derealization when switching doses and some of it has stayed. I'm currently on 100mg and probably going to up my dose."

fireash345 July 23, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I started taking Sertaline last july for panic and anxiety and also for severe pms, it was my last option, and the best decision I could have made, the first few weeks a was very nervous. I woulnt say it increased the anxiety much a was just so scared to take them, I was prescribed 50mg, I decided a would half them so I done that for the first month, so I didn't get any side effect of the meddication, I am still on them now, and feel I will stop on them alot longer as it been the first time in four year that I been happy and ablw to live a normal life, its totally the right desion, if your prescibed somwthing take it, dont let the anxiety take over, I undestand its scary your first one, but it the only way u will get better.. good luck"

Melaniels19892016 July 21, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Didn't do much for me except killed my sexual drive with the wife. After two weeks had to get off it. Works for some but not me."

Glimmer man July 20, 2016

For Postpartum Depression "I suffered from severe postpartum depression, anxiety, and OCD. More so horrifying intrusive thoughts that consumed my life, I literally wanted to give up. I was too scared to try a medication. I suffered from the time my baby was 6 months old to 18 months old. Finally I decided that Zoloft was my last hope. I started off at a low dose of 25mg and gradually increased it to 50, and finally 100mg. I can say I feel amazing. I don't ruminate on my obsessive thoughts anymore. Yes sometimes the thoughts still come into my head, but I am able to notice them as being an anxious thought and I don't spend hours days or months obsessing on them. They literally come in and go out, and I can function! I love zoloft! It saved my life!"

Mia02116 July 16, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Went to a therapist who suggested Xanax and the doctor refused to do that and gave me Zoloft so I gave it a shot. First week was hell, was falling asleep sitting up which I had never done before. I was tired, sick feeling, and dizzy among other side effects. Once these subsided my panic attacks stopped, however I was sleeping 20 hours at a time, waking up then four hours later going back to sleep another 20 hours. I did notice I became better in social situations yet I lost interest in things I enjoyed doing and left the house even less than before. I have been diagnosed with GAD, panic disorder, agoraphobia, social anxiety, major depression, dermatillomania, and trichtotillomania. Not worth the negatives to fix only a few of these."

Peekasaurus (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I was on Zoloft for Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Panic Disorder. Initially, Zoloft helped me a lot and I didn't have any kind of panic attacks, a constant sense of mild anxiety, or depression all that bad. However, after about a year of being on it it started to make me feel like a complete zombie. I had zero motivation for anything which reflected in my grades and I'm normally an obsessive overachiever in school.. I just kind of let myself go. I wasn't depressed but I wasn't happy, it just put me in this fog-like feeling. The withdraw for me felt like I might as well have been coming off heroin. I couldn't eat or sleep, I had cold sweats, nausea/vomiting, and I had anxiety like never before. It was truly a nightmare."

Anonymous July 9, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I had anxiety and panic attacks for about 3 years, I finally said enough was enough when I promised after another panic attack im going straight to the doctor and I did. And im glad I did, this drug makes anxiety come all the way down to a manageable level It takes about 2 months from my experience to work, iv been on 50mg for 5 months and I should increase my dose for the remaining anxiety but there's a reason I wont. The drugs sexual side effects are bad it lowers overall sex drive and makes it hard to climax very annoying.Thats the main reason I want to get off them as well as dislike of long term medication. For someone who is looking to try the drug but maybe apprehensive Dont be scared to try this medication dont live in anxiety hell"

akan July 8, 2016