User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 410 reviews 79 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1046 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Bottom Line: Zoloft worked for me. It saved my life! I used to read these reviews when I was waiting for Zoloft to start to take effect for me. I promised myself that I'd come here to share my experiences and hopefully, provide some encouragement for others. I'ma U.S. Marine combat vet. I had hyper-vigilance and anxiety for 30+ years. I increasingly isolated myself and avoided being "trapped", even avoiding going to the barber. I was in very rough shape. My doc gave me Zoloft - 50mgs per day. It began to work at 4 weeks and really took effect at 6 weeks. 6 months later, I can't say enough about how good I feel! Give the drug a chance to work - it can change your life for the better!"

USMC Grunt September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been from 50 mg to 200 mg. I think less is more as less side effects and you can deal with issues more aggressively. Tip: less is more see if 25 mg or 50 mg will work"

Robyn3 (taken for 10 years or more) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This is my 3rd time being on this med. For me it runs it course after a few years and I have to get on a different med. I am highly sensitive to meds of this type. This is day 4 of being on it again. Very low dose of 25 mg. I am to be on this for 6 days and then suppose to bump up to 50 mg. Just don't think I will bump up this soon. This med has been truly a lifesaver once again for me. I had been under high stress for a month and a half and it just kept getting worse. Went back to dr and I asked him to put me back on Zoloft, generic version. He agreed. Very thankful for this med. Not quite back to my old self yet but very close. Minor side effects that I tolerate well. Please give this a try. This drug has been around for many years."

60's lady September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I took it for 5 months under prescription because of work related anxiety and developing sleeping disorder. The side effects: low mental capacity, low will power, emotionally dead, no libido, and memory and concentration impairment, and really feeling down. My psychiatrist insisted that the side effects are actually manifestations of my anxiety. But my mental and emotional health were going down. "It will work eventually" he said on our last meeting. One day l crashed my car against a wall. I stopped immediately the medication, went through one week or so of withdrawal hell. I quit my job, went on a holiday and never took a pill again. It took me two years to restore my abilities, partly because of anxiety, but mostly of Zoloft."

Serious side effects (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Have been on 150mg zoloft for a year and a half- works well but some GI distress and tingliness- Dr said to lower to 100 mg and see how I feel- I hope my body isn't only used to 150mg but will give it a go."

Rosanna3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "MOTIVATION MONDAY: to the lovely folks just like me who spend hours searching online forums looking for something to give you hope. I understand. I want to share what I've learned. When I was in my darkest place I would read reviews about meds not working or awful side effects. I was convinced no medication would work for me because of this. BUT this one did! Please know, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! ALWAYS. You are not alone. You are not crazy. Don't give up. You'll be feeling normal again before you know it. This too shall pass!"

Thistooshallpassxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was on Zoloft for about 3 years when I was a teenager. It tremendously helped my depression. There were side effects however. My doctor told me that it metabolized slowly and takes a few weeks to notice results.. so in my ignorance, I thought that that's how long it takes the body to metabolize the stuff. For at least a year there would frequently be times where I'd forget to take my pill in the morning.. sometimes for a few days in a row. So when I remembered that I should take it, I would take 2,3, or even 4 of them to make up for days where I skipped. Like I said, this is only due to my own stupidity. I would end up being awake ALL night long.. completely stung out and not knowing why. I developed Insomnia and pretty much went crazy."

justsomedude89898 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Well I went to my Doctor and asked for medication for general anxiety and depression. I was prescribed Zoloft. I took it with a meal and about two how's later, I felt like I was having a heart attack as I had chest pain, racing Pulse and palpitations. And I took my Blood Pressure and it was 140/90, Pulse 110. My usual Blood Pressure is 106/70, pulse 75. After about 6 hours, I began to feel OK again thank goodness. I will not be taking this medicine ever again. Going good back to my Doctor and asking for another medicine."

Loves to read (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "The first day I tried Zoloft, I sat and looked out the window all day, watching it snow. All I could think of was how pretty it was. But it also made my heart beat VERY hard. I could feel my blood pounding through my head and neck harder than I'd ever felt before. My doctor had me try smaller doses, but even at 25mg the same thing happened. So no Zoloft for me. Which is a shame, since it really did show promise."

Serene Celine (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was on 50 mg for a month and it seemed to help a bit. My doctor and I agreed to up to 100mg last week. Since then my anxiety and intrusive thoughts have been awful. Is this just a side effect until it balances out?!"

Mattstevens August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft for years now and love it this medicine saved my life before I started taking Zoloft I was a mess!!! depressed and angry all the time I finally after several years decided I'd had enough I told my therapist I wanted an antidepressant I was going to call the doctor myself but she called the doctor. Honestly I remember a girl I met when I was in college who told me I needed help and to go home for the weekend however, I was reluctant to get help only because my parents felt that at the time antidepressants weren't that safe. I must say she was right I feel so much better not a lot of side effects sometimes I get diarrhea from it but mostly it works"

Carwash August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "My story is a positive one and meant to give others hope that they can reclaim their lives and live a normal, happy, healthy one! Dec,2016 I became sick, overloaded, crying constantly & fearful. Dr. gave me Zoloft & Xanax, was terrified to take either, but started xanax once a day at .12mg and it eased anxiety soon went to .25 2x a day. Finally took Zoloft 25mg. Side effects were horrible! Upped to 37.5 after 2 months,2 months later 50.Wish I had listened and taken 50 mg First. My family forced me to stick with it, tho side effects were unbearable.Then One day ,4 weeks into the 50mg dose I felt like my old self. I was excited about life! Happy again. After a week I quit Xanax. I'm Working again &l oving life! Seek therapy! You can do it!"

Cara802 August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I started taking Zoloft about 4 years ago, prescribed because I have always had a lot of social anxiety and was in a lonely place. Started with 50mg then went back to docs after 4 months and he increased me to 100mg. I was on 100mg for a year but decided to come back down to 50mg as at times I felt a bit too groggy on 100mg, plus I struggled with sex - had no desire really, felt a bit of a zombie. I also saw a therapist every week for a year, but stopped that because I felt we reached a dead end and it was a waste of money. So 4 years later I'm still pretty lonely, still have mild depression which comes and goes and still struggle a bit with people. However I would say all of the bad stuff is about half as intense thanks to Zoloft/Sertraline"

Mickey555 August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I took Zoloft (generic) shortly after my anxiety got horribly severe. I took lexapro a few years ago but didn't like the sexual side effects. Doctor put me on Prozac but that appeared to put me into a deep depression. I had never had depression, just anxiety but I couldn't get out of bed I was just paralyzed. After a few weeks of that I decided to try Zoloft. Within the first three weeks I felt tremendously better. By 6 weeks I felt totally back to normal and NO sexual side effects! This has been my miracle drug"

Abbeyjd (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I had terrrrrible PMDD for years which got worse as I got older (I'm 44) I have been taking 25 mg of Zoloft for a year now and my symptoms are basically gone! I found sticking to as low a dose as possible helps in managing side effects."

Superlil August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I'm a 29 year old female. I've been suffering from horrible social anxiety disorder and panic attacks for over 2 years. I've been on Zoloft (technically sertraline since I'm on the generic version) for 4 months. The first 2-3 weeks I started with 25 mg and I had mild side effects like diarrhea and dizziness. I also spaced out a lot. After the 3 week mark the side effects started to go away and I felt so much better than I ever had in years. I had little to no social anxiety anymore and almost felt like I had my life back. After 2 months I felt I plateaued. I started getting the anxiety/panicky feelings back. So I upped my dosage to 50 mg. For now it is still doing the trick but it's nowhere near what it was in the beginning."

wingie August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was skeptical about anti-depressants for a long time and decided to take them only as a last resort. I've been on 200mg of Zoloft for about 6 months now and the results are fantastic. I've had a tremendous improvement in mood, energy, and all around motivation to get up in the morning. I have also had zero side effects. Unless something changes I will continue to take this medication and recommend it to others as well."

James Finnegansz August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I switched from Lexapro to Zoloft when we were trying to conceive as it's preferred for breastfeeding. Although I actually stopped cold turkey when I got pregnant and was fine. I didn't experience any major side effects from this though. I don't think it worked quite as well as Lexapro for anxiety but it did the job."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I wish that I would have started this drug much sooner. I was very reluctant to take an antidepressant mainly due to stigma. I felt immediate relief from anxiety, paranoia, irritability, hopeless, helpless, suicidal, depressed and feeling out of control. I have had major symptoms for several years premenstrual and it has been premenstrual dysphoric disorder. I am very thankful for Zoloft and I don't ever want to be caught without it it is the best thing that has happened to me in a very long time. The side effects are very minimal my side effects would include just being a little tired some gas and Mild diarrhea at times. I would trade this any day for the problems that I was having before I started taking Zoloft it truly has saved my life ."

LovingMotherx4 August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on this medication previously and after a week gave up hope and stopped taking it. Recently my anxiety became out of control as did my depression. I literally had no hope left. I felt sad, lonely, out of focus, irritable, suicidal, and hopeless. I would wake up having panic attacks and go to sleep having panic attacks. I started researching ways to off myself and came very close. I decided to finally seek help and while awaiting my referral to see a psychiatrist my doctor gave me this medication. I am taking 100 mg once a day. It took a week of the medicine to feel the full effects but I feel happy again, focused, grounded, and way less anxious. I find myself laughing more, joking, smiling and not constantly anxious."

Jaws Nicollet July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I didn't realize it at the time but this stuff really did literally make me bipolar! I never considered myself bipolar before this medication. It made me not be able to sleep for days at a time, made my normal moods worse at times, and just over all set off mental conditions that I don't normally have issue's with, and at the time I didn't see or understand that, now."

5150Aries (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been on this medication for exactly 20 days now, and believe me when I say it has saved my life! I dealt with extremely disturbing intrusive thoughts, leading to to severe anxiety and depression for 4 years. After almost giving up come for my life completely, I finally told my GP about my situation, he and a pysch confirmed the OCD put me on 50mg of Zoloft first week then 100mg and I finally feel like myself again! OCD is minimal and definitely manageable, to the point where it barely bothers me and I only know it'll improve because its only been 20 days! It does give a little diarrhea but its so worth it."

imnotmyocd (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have suffered from severe anxiety punctuated by depressive episodes all of my life. At 58 having been prescribed many medications, this is the best ever. Before this prescription I was feeling so anxious I thought I would break. I am now feeling what I think is 'normal' for the first time ever, by which I mean I feel 'normal' amounts of anxiety in 'normal' degrees in appropriate situations- I feel I am in control of situations instead of them controlling me. I feel so much better, calm and relaxed, and it worked quickly. I wish I had tried it years ago."

Sillkie July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Got prescribed Zoloft after my 20 year relationship ended after my ex husband became addicted to meth. I was very depressed and couldn't control my thoughts about the situation, I had a hard time sleeping, zoning out, focusing, and adjusting to my normal everyday life. I started on 25 mg for about 3 weeks then increased to 50 mg. I've been on 50mg for a couple months and feel so much better. I can focus on my life again and never break down crying anymore etc. I had no side effects besides loose stool here and there. I like how there were no real side effects for me and it did what I was seeking. I would recommend to try Zoloft before other medications. I will not increase my dosage."

40 year old F (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I previously gave this a 10. l said it changed my life but since moving cities my anxiety has gotten so bad and OCD has gotten worse - not sure if it pooped out or just circumstances or need to change meds...frustrating"

Matty12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2017