User Reviews for Zoloft

Major Depressive Disorder
6.8

Summary of Zoloft reviews 7.4 1,219 reviews

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "I took Zoloft for 5 years, I went off it 9 weeks ago and now I can't sleep, I have panic attacks day and night, I see a new psychiatrist in 2 weeks, considering asking for something else, life sucks with all the panic attacks, always afraid of thoughts that I can't seem to get out of my head, I have issues leaving my house, and being around groups of people."

CrazyBella (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 19, 2019

For Depression "I've been on sertraline generic for 2 weeks today, 50mg first thing in the morning. I am on the UK brand name version, Lustral. For pretty much the first week I slept fine on these, but then things started to change, on day 6 I felt really high and paranoid, but later euphoric. However, I have not experienced that same euphoria since. At the start of week 2 I noticed that they started making me feel drowsy for the first few hours after taking, and I find myself having to go back to sleep for a few hours in the morning. But when 11pm comes I don't feel tired. Yet I regularly wake now at 5.30am. so I tried taking them an hour before bed instead, but then had an awful nights sleep. So I went back to taking them in the morning. Mentally I feel bland, flat, emotionless, drained, and like I don't want to go anywhere because I'm so tired. Also my social anxiety is worse because of these effects, and yesterday I started to feel a lot lower."

Louise (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I have been on Zoloft 100mg for about 25 yrs - It has always worked for me however, I have recently been having episodes of what I think are panic attacks. I now have thyroid issues and wonder if it could be that... my doctor is working on adjusting my medication. I had a VERY high thyroid reading and then started taking the meds correctly - now it's VERY low. I am hoping that this is not a problem with the Zoloft not working for me anymore."

#1PensFan (taken for 10 years or more) May 16, 2019

For Postpartum Depression "Zoloft pulled me out of a dark time but I also literally can not stop eating, I have no self control and gained 15 lbs in 4 months. I’m titrating myself off because being fat is making feel horrible"

D (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was not eager to start an antidepressant, but I truly did not have anything else to try. I asked lots of questions about antidepressants, and my psychiatrist took the time to answer all of my questions. She was patient and took plenty of time to hear and answer my questions. After going home, sleeping on it, and looking up other peoples experiences online, I decided the benefits outweighs the risks. I started on the lowest dosage of Zoloft (25mg), but had to incrementally increase the dosage over the course of six months to get the dosage quite right. I’ve now been on Zoloft (150mg daily) for over two years and it works really well for major depressive disorder, I finally feel normal, even though I really didn’t know what “normal” felt like before. I no longer think of suicide every day, and I am better able to manage tough days and tough emotions. I had relatively few side effects. Really the only one I get is drowsiness, but it helps to take it in the afternoon instead of in the morning."

Drummergirl16 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2019

For Panic Disorder "My doctor put me on Zoloft after being diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Taking this medication made the anxiety so much worse. I got to the point where I had horrible panic attacks every day. I would lay in the middle of my floor crying half the day. Before I started taking the medication I could at least force myself to leave the house. I took the medication for 2 weeks and could not even leave the house. I have never felt so horrible in my life. My doctor took me off of it after 2 weeks because I couldn't even leave the house to go to my doctors appointments. I started taking Lexapro 4 days ago and I have been able to leave the house for short periods of time and I feel a little more optimistic. This drug might work for some people but it was absolutely horrible for me."

Rea (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2019

For Postpartum Depression "I have been on this medication since 6 days after I had my baby. So it’s need exactly 359 days, and I took this daily as prescribed. It’s 50 Mg and, it’s not working anymore. Before I started taking this I was crying nonstop and I felt so detached from the world when I wasn’t crying. It was bad. I started taking it, and after about 3 weeks, I started feeling okay. It’s been a month since I felt okay. Still taking this medication daily, I feel no different from where I first started. Crying every night, and feeling so detached. It’s good for something temporary."

Mamaoddie May 2, 2019

For Depression "Rating a 1 because of intolerable side effects. I was diagnosed with depression, OCD, anxiety and PTSD. I was prescribed Zoloft. It helped quickly with my obsessive thoughts. The medication did it's job well, but it gave me muscle twitching that keeps me awake all night. Allegedly only 2% of those taking Zoloft get muscle twitches. I've been completely off the Zoloft for 14 days now and still twitching. I took it a total of four weeks. I'm hoping the twitches will eventually stop."

Melissa (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "This is my second day taking the pill of 25mg. Today I felt normal for once. I was motivated to get ready, walk my dog, laugh. I honestly thought I could live with depression. I’ve tried taking this medicine before but gave up on the second day because it made me feel numb. Today is a promise to push through. I’m done feeling depressed. I’m ready to rule the world. I feel fantastic. From a girl who was diagnosed with depression at 16, PTSD at 32 (no meds) until today. You got this!"

Cindy (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2019

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I was both fearful & against taking any form of medication. I gave in & I do not regret it. I did not realize how effective Zoloft was until I decreased my dose. I started on 25mg, then 50mg did the trick for a while, & I ended with 75mg. I was less aggravated, let things roll off my shoulder more, performed better at work, less depressed, a little numb, focused better, more social & confident etc. My personal experience was more than decent honestly. The reason why I decreased & plan to go on something different is because I felt I was gaining a bit of weight & it helped depression more than anxiety. In addition, I began having racing thoughts, struggled to stay asleep, & it gave me acid reflux. I was not comfortable increasing the dose in fear I'd have to increase more & more while also being fearful I'd gain more weight & have worsening acid reflux. Do not let the negatives scare you, this medication worked for me for the time being & I encourage anyone to give this a try for sure!"

sabxbro (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2019

For Panic Disorder "So, the first year or so on Zoloft was awesome. I had little anxiety and it took care of my GAD/Social Anxiety/Panic disorder. My grades went up, too. Although, it made me extremely tired and I found it hard to finish schoolwork. Unfortunately, this past September I had an awful relapse while on the medication, and despite increasing the dosage multiple times, my life felt like hell until January. I was back to having panic attacks frequently and the medication no longer was useful. I’m switching to Lexapro soon. My social anxiety has been gone for almost two whole years, which I can contribute to the medication and therapy, but after the relapse, the medication was useless preventing panic attacks and I felt miserable and tired. After the relapse, sometimes it felt like it even exacerbated my symptoms. But I’m sure it works differently for everyone. TL;DR, worked well at start, effectiveness seems to lessen over time even while increasing dosage and it made me very tired."

ES (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 26, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Very nice however very poor for flashbacks in my subjective experience. It helped regain my life back from all irrational fears and troubles, it is a pretty good SSRI, but i needed an add on Antipsychotic to combat the other few issues Zoloft did not fix."

Peter245 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 21, 2019

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Sertraline for two years now. I was prescribed it for social anxiety which I suffered from for as long as I can remember. It took around 3 months to start to work. The first month or two was hard. The side effects were difficult to get through. Feeling out of it, dizzy, unable to sleep, clenched jaw at night but I stuck it out and they went away. I have no anxiety and feel comfortable in social situations now. I'm happier and get less angry. It's completely changed my life."

Myliene April 21, 2019

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft has worked wonders for me"

Nickili (taken for 10 years or more) April 17, 2019

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been on zoloft now for 7 years. In that time I stopped taking it 2 times. I have diagnosed social anxiety and OCD. Here is what I can tell you. When I started to take Zoloft I was 18 years old. The first month it did little, but after that it changed my life. I became more social. Intrusive thoughts are gone. I have control over my life. I stopped taking them twice because I thought that I’m cured. The withdrawal was both times somewhat manic. But after a few months all my symptoms came back. I had come to a conclusion that I just need Zoloft to function. If it’s for life to be functional then so it be. Life is much better with these medication. For all people that are new to this drug you must know that it takes some time to kick in. But like I said, it is worth it. Side effects for me are occasional - can sleep more than 8 hours, but yet again, I was always a good sleeper. Wish you all the best. My dose 100mg"

User (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2019

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am a 39yr old male, and I have been on Zoloft for around 2.5 months. It has been life changing so far, for which I am extremely grateful. I am more comfortable around people during work meetings (something I found very hard previously) and my anxieties have reduced dramatically. I have also been lucky to have had almost no side effects on 50mg, just a little bruxism and occasional insomnia, but the benefits FAR outweigh these minor complaints. I scoured the internet before I started taking it, reading reviews like these, and now I wanted to share my own experience. I *highly* recommend trying Zoloft. Give it at least 7 weeks."

Random Stranger (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "One day I felt good and the other very bad,I did not know what to think about this medication. I had good days and very bad days. After 3 months taking it I felt like it stopped working as well as it had before, so I stopped it and switch to another antidepressant. For the good days I had I would rate this med 8/10 and for the bad days 2/10. My bad days were more than my good days as it seems."

Nicolas April 9, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started taking Zoloft two months ago. It's helped my OCD but it's not a cure all. I'm only on 100mg. It would work better at 200mg but the side effects are bad enough with everything else. Additionally I take 20mg Memantine and 450mg Wellburin, Testosterone gel, and 20mg Lisinopril."

RFM (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I've been taking Zoloft 25mg for almost 10 months and all that time I was feeling so good no problems no fear. Then so I would feel 100% better my doc increased my dosage to 50mg and now I feel way better, he told me you need to be on this medication at least for 1 year and he said you can take it for your whole life no problems"

Aaron (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2019

For Depression "Helped me a LOT for dépression, anxiety and insomnia. It changed my life!"

Sissi (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I've been on zoloft for 8 months for panic attacks and social anxiety. I totally feel the best version of my self! The first difference was at 10 days was that I went out on my own! And after 12 weeks I started feeling myself again! I'm on 100mg dosage."

Dora (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2019

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Been prescribed zoloft for social anxiety, that also overlaps with BDD. Have only started, day 3, no real side effects felt at this dose, except mild heightened anxiety, which apparently is considered normal for those that do experience it. Will titrate upwards with dose after 1 week on each dose of 50mgs, till reaching 150mgs total. Really hope it helps, its been encouraging to read a lot of your positive responses. Social anxiety can really take away quality of life. Thank you for sharing. Best of luck to everyone."

cafe (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

For Depression "I am a 34-year-old woman who has been living with depression since I was 12. Depression had me feel like I was Atlas (from Greek mythology) with a lifetime of struggle to roll a boulder uphill. Initially, I was against the idea of being on an anti-depressant. I finally caved in when a break-up threw me into a tail spin of never ending crying and sadness. At the doctor's office, he forewarned me that the first 6 weeks are going to tough and to brave the storm until the medication builds up in my system. I had 3 weeks of side effects that had me feeling more depressed and fatigued. However, I got through it and my life has changed for the better. Presently, I am more outgoing and actually feel like a " normal" person again. I am finally truely and sincerely happy, and have gained more friends because of that. If you are thinking about trying this medication but are still unsure, take the risk. I can't describe how great it is to finally have your life back."

HapaBlasian (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2019

For Postpartum Depression "I started taking zoloft about 6 weeks before I had my son for prenatal depression and anxiety. It was residual issues from PPDa after a late miscarriage. I probably also was suffering from some PTSD. I suffered for a long time putting off medication. I am very glad that I finally did it. It has taken a long time. Definitely isn’t a “quick fix”, but I feel so much better. I feel like myself again. I promised myself I would write a review to give hope and encouragement to others."

Kmg (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I have had bad episodes of PTSD from a young age and onwards, I would not understand these feelings and had severe bulimia. I couldn’t trust medication. At age 18 I was prescribed 25mg and didn’t feel much difference so I never felt like I wanted to take it. Then I began group therapy where my therapist now prescribed me 100mg I feel so much relief at 100mg. Life feels so much easier. I feel happy now! I’m so glad that I no longer dread each day. I can’t believe how much great things have happened ever since that changed. I know in the past I was a living nightmare for myself with PTSD now with a good dose of zoloft life is good - it works."

Bmar93 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 23, 2019