User Reviews for Zoloft

7.1

Major Depressive Disorder

Summary of Zoloft reviews 7.4 1,127 reviews

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Don’t give up! It took 8 weeks for it to work for me! I was on paxil since I was 18 (I’m now 43), but the older I got the worse weight gain got so I switched to Zoloft. I had morning anxiety and loss of appetite for the first 7 weeks. By week 8 I noticed it was going away. I’m on week 10 and I’m feeling myself again. I take 200mg."

Tippykanoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This drug gave my life back! I suffered from severe social anxiety and panic attacks of course. Only in 10 days I started to see the difference. Now it has been three weeks and I feel fine! Negative thoughts have disappeared and I'm not getting easily stressed about everything as I used to do so."

Dora (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Depression "First started taking it for PPD (postpartum depression) . Currently struggling with depression, PTSD and anxiety. Started off at low dosage and worked my way up. Worked good for a little while then stopped working for me."

Ht1990 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2018

For Depression "I'm a 31 year old Male who has had challenges with depression and anxiety throughout my life. I have been on several different meds in my past, including lexapro, paxil, effexor, wellbutrin, prozac, zoloft, and some others as well. Of all of these meds, I've found zoloft works the best for me. However the worst thing I experience with zoloft is decreased libido, as with all of the other meds I've tried, except for wellbutrin. This side effect truly sucks. Zoloft also kind of makes me feel robotic and emotionally numb. Currently I'm experimenting with another medication (viibryd) in attempt to find a med that works without having sexual side effects. However zoloft is my fallback option, because this med at least stabilizes me and helps function in society. Therefore I give this med a 7 out of 10. My advice to everyone is to keep being patient with meds and realize that it might take some time and trial and error. And always keep hanging in there no matter what. Good luck."

G August 7, 2018

For Depression "I was on Celexa for 10 yrs. Switched in June to Zoloft 25mg increasing to 50mg and then up to 75mg. After 3 weeks, I tapered dose back to 50mg. I think I’m suffering from antidepressant discontinuation syndrome. I honestly feel like I’m dying. I’ve been on Xanax for many years and my dose was increased to 3mg/day. I thought I became tolerant to the Xanax and started to wean...just 15mg a day starting 6 days ago. I have never felt so sick in all my life. Today it finally dawned on me what I’ve done with tapering back the Zoloft. to 50mg it was probably too quick. Talked to doc and she isn’t 100% sure that’s what’s going on but said to increase back to 75mg of Zoloft and for now, go back to 3mg Xanax dose. I already started today. I never told my doc I tapered the Zoloft until today. I don’t know why. My question is...how long will it take to stabilize the Zoloft levels? I’m hoping it will be just a few days since I’ve only been off the 75mg dose for about 10 days. Thanks."

SeptGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Depression "I was taking 50 mg of Zoloft for four weeks. I went to see my shrink and told her I was not better, but felt more depressed. I did feel less anxious. However, she doubled my dose. I don't even remember how I felt at first, I just know that exactly a week after starting this new dose, I began to have manic episodes. I did very impulsive things, I felt elated and euphoric, I then became agitated, which a few hours later resulted in a full blown panic attack. I have also had a manic episode today, where I was hallucinating. My heart was beating 100 miles a minute, I was shaking, my eyes seemed huge and sparkly, I was sitting on my bed rocking, and felt like I was in hell. I have gone between depressed and manic for three days now. I am not sure if I am bipolar or not. I called my doctor today but will not hear back for a few days. This drug is a full blown nightmare. Everyone reacts differently, but I am frightened. I almost called 911 twice in the past two days."

E July 28, 2018

For Depression "I have had quite a major depression, had suicidal thoughts and felt very tired and unhappy. I finally decided to get help and start medications, Zoloft was my first prescribed medication. It saved my life. After a few weeks I have started to feel differences, after a few months, I felt happy again! All my anxiety and negative thoughts were away. No side effects as well. Really recommend if you feel that there is nothing else you can do. Don't forget to work with a therapist meanwhile!"

Zolo (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I tried everything over the past year to cure myself. I researched vitamins, supplements, holistic remedies, tried yoga, meditation. Everything. Nothing would help. I got to a point where I just couldn't take it anymore. My days were running together, and I knew I needed help. I went and saw a psychiatrist. She prescribed me this drug. Even after receiving it, I still waited another week out of hesitation. But, I wasn't eating. My sleeping habits were horrible. All I wanted to do was lay in bed, and cry. I started taking 25mg for a week. The first day I felt nauseous and was on and off the toilet. Maybe a mild headache. The second day - No side effects. I literally had one bad day and that was it. I felt so much better even after a few days. I am now one month on this and I am SO GRATEFUL that I just decided to do it. I feel like my old self again. I finally have an appetite again, I am sleeping great, and I don't feel anti social. So happy to have my life back."

Jen July 19, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder "15 years on Zoloft and has it been a life changer. I feel great and social anxiety is 100% gone. Along with counseling take this medication and you can be the person you were meant to be. Life is too short to spend full of worry and anxiety. No side affects for me."

MrCalm (taken for 10 years or more) July 19, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Taken this medicine for some years now (4-5). The first few weeks I felt dizzy and my mind was blurry. Which for me was a good thing back then. After like 3 weeks I felt much better and it improved my self esteem around people. Like I could be myself again. I started taking 50 mg a day before bedtime. But now I'm trying to get of it, and its difficult because of the side affects. I feel dizzy and get easily stressed out. Some days are very good and some not so great. I am alternating between 25mg and 12.5mg the day after now and it works still. If you are planning to start this medication yourself, I highly recommend it if you can't do everyday-things on your own. Hope this helped. Good luck! (English not my language) =)"

Zol (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Great SSRI for OCD, depression and anxiety. Taking 150 mg a day. No weight gain and other noticeable side effects. Stick with it if you're just starting out. Takes time for it to work."

moe (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2018

For Depression "Was on this for several years through highschool. I never felt much of a change. A bit foggy feeling. I didn't get as low as I would sometimes, though. Zoloft was just ok."

Max (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 2, 2018

For Depression "I absolutely hated this drug. I am a female and 21 years of age with borderline personality and depression. Lowers sex drive. Intercourse is severely painful. Intercourses is dry, causes stinging and burning sensations during and after sex. Almost impossible to orgasm. Only good thing about this drug is you don’t feel like a zombie on it. But if you love sex do not take this drug because you will end up hating sex after you experience the pain you acquire. I was close to tears almost every time after intercourses. I even tried lube and the pain is still consistent. "

Missy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Depression "Good medicine helps anxiety and depression, was on higher dose but seemed to make me too tired and not care as much, lowered it to 50-75 mg and tad more anxiety but side effects down and much more like myself, maybe it’s true less is more"

Robyn132 June 28, 2018

For Depression "I've been taking 50mg for stress / adjustment disorder (ie not diagnoses depression / anxiety) and feel a lot better. The first week was tough (nausea, insomnia, feeling very, very low) and I did use temezapam to sleep due to the alertness. It's been 2 months and I use the stimulating effect to my advantage - if I take it at night I wake up at 6am WIDE AWAKE. It's so good! I don't feel drowsy and I don't wake up during the night. I also have noticed that I don't get breast tenderness with my periods anymore! Yay!"

Reja (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Zoloft really changed my life for the better. I was struggling with intrusive thoughts and rituals as part of my OCD and while Zoloft didn’t completely eradicate all that, it really helped me combat it. 150mg gave me some minor side effects, 100mg is great."

Jojo June 21, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Started this drug for anxiety, stress and panic attacks. Within 4 hours of my first pill (25mg) I felt dizzy, shaky, nervous, tired, and scared. I continued to take for the next 4 weeks and symptoms did not improve, only worsened. I developed intrusive thoughts and was scared to be alone. I was sleeping over 10 hours a night and could hardly get through the day. My vision was blurry. I didn’t feel like myself, I felt crazy and began snapping at those around me. Mood swings. Almost quit my job. The whole lot. I’m tapering down right now and thankfully starting to feel like myself again. Would not try it again in the future, will take a more natural approach. I have taken other SSRIs and never had this bad of a reaction to them. I couldn’t bother giving it another 2 weeks to see if I would get better."

Lex (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I've been taking Zoloft 200mg every day for about 1.5 years now. I was lucky because I've never had any real side effects from it and I jumped up 50 mg at a time pretty quickly. It took at least 2 months for me to notice any changes in my unstable mood. Recently unfortunately it feels as though Zoloft has lost it's effectiveness and I'm feeling pretty awful again. I don't feel depressed, I just feel unbelievable anxiety, paranoia, stress, rage, disconnection from reality, etc. which is why I was taking it, although the stuff is like water for me, it barely does anything, although initially it helped take the edge off a little bit. Everyone's different so you'll react differently, there's no way of knowing unless you try it."

CMan27 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2018

For Depression "I wanted to share my experience to give people hope. Four months ago, I started having debilitating panic attacks almost daily, which then turned into a constant anxiety, not wanting to leave the house or do anything anymore, insomnia and the deepest depression I have ever known. I tried whatever I could to rid myself of it... meditation, therapy, self help books, diet, supplements. I had been very anti medication for myself. The first 3 days on Zoloft weren’t easy. I had insomnia, was shaky and felt agitated, zoning out and crying and crying. I am on day 4 now and I woke up this morning with the clearest mind. I haven’t felt like this in as long as I can remember. I feel so positive. I know it’s only early days but this gives me enormous hope. I am increasing my dose and pushing through any side effects. Don’t suffer endlessly as I have."

Anon June 13, 2018

For Depression "I had a difficult time on this medication. I was given 25mg for depression and anxiety. I have bipolar disorder but due to perimeno my depression and anxiety have become extremely horrible. I am sensitive to medication and took only half (12.5mg) of a pill to start. Within 30 minutes I was so amped up I could not stop talking or sit still. I had a headache, electric feeling through my whole body, dizziness, muscle cramps and sweating. About four hours in, after trying to eat, I got hives and really itchy. When I went to bed I stayed somewhere between awake and sleeping mixed with anxiety and nightmares. The next day I felt sore and exhausted and fuzzy headed. I will say I was not depressed or suicidal but obviously I had a bad reaction. I won’t be taking another one which is a shame. It took me a month to try it due to being afraid of taking an antidepressant because of possible side effects. Hopefully this med can help someone else."

yveseclipse (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "One of the worst drug to give any one. The side effects are out of control. The fact that a medicine that has been approved to treat PTSD that can make you harm yourself is beyond me. Took for 3 months before the active duty navy doctors finally changed the medicine. Not only did it make everything worse (not able to sleep, depression, and feeling of hopelessness among others). On a weekly basis my spouse was concerned for my well being. Requiring her to call the ambulance about 1 to 2 times a month. After being taken off the medicine I was able to get away from the awful feelings. A new up to date study needs to be done because I am not the only one that has had this effects."

Joe navy May 30, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Triggered Depersonalization, blank mind and anhedonia which I didn't have prior Zoloft At first I felt good, even too good which I can now consider as hypermania (lack of need to sleep, running around the house, insisting that I'm an art piece) 2 weeks later not feeling my self, as if my head is filled with cotton, the world appeares different and I can't feel anything towards my GF, I wish I have never touched this full apathy inducer of a pill. Later on I found that I have a short/short version of the "Seratonin transporter gene" AKA SLC6A4 or 5-HTTLPR, which is known to cause more side effects with SSRIs and SNRIs, beware."

KiloMan (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

For Depression "I’ve been taking Zoloft for around 3 weeks now, first day was fine no side effects or anything. Everything hit me on the second day with nausea, migraine, dizziness, loss of sleep and my mood being lower than ever before. I started taking it for my severe anxiety and depression but since getting side effects my anxiety has been worse because I’m scared of feeling sick when I’m not at home. After 2 weeks of taking 25mg my doctor told me to increase to 50mg. It’s been 4 days on the 50mg and I’m still having side effects. I’ve had to miss nearly 3 weeks of school because I feel so sick and I can barely get out of my house, which is a big problem because I’m in high school and my exams are coming up in a couple of weeks, but I’ve missed so much school. Hopefully going back to my doctor soon to see if there is anything I can do, this medicine will work differently for everyone though."

Madi j May 15, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I used Zoloft 100mg for extreme anxiety that involved panic attacks and depression. The side effects that occurred for me were feelings of tiredness and mild nausea. This medication worked for about 2 months. I had an improved mood and less anxiety. After that 2 months this medication stopped working completely. It caused anxiety, mood swings, and really dark thoughts associated with the depressive episodes of the mood swings. I am not trying to say that you or a loved one shouldn’t try Zoloft. This is how it reacted with me but it doesn’t mean that it would do the same to you or a loved one. Just be watchful for any adverse signs. The withdrawal symptoms are slightly uncomfortable. I personally tend to not get severe side effects from starting or stopping a medication. I currently have withdrawals symptoms that involve off and on headaches throughout the day and brain/body zaps. I stopped taking Zoloft about a week ago. Withdrawal symptoms for me were noticeable after about 4 days."

Photographylover (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I started Zoloft about four weeks ago. The first couple weeks my anxiety was sky high. I thought I would have to go back on Paxil, which I have been taking for years. My doctor thought Zoloft would be more weight neutral and would help with my weight problem. About the third week my anxiety suddenly went away and has stayed that way so far. While taking Paxil, I also took lorazepam four times a day for anxiety. I now am cutting down on the lorazepam and I’m hoping I may be able to wean myself off it and just take it, if necessary, on an as-needed basis. Zoloft has really been a game changer for me and I am so glad I started it. This is a great medication, as far as I’m concerned."

Terrylsquier (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018