User Reviews for Zoloft

Not Listed / Other

95 reviews
Summary of Zoloft reviews 7.5 1,191 reviews

Reviews for Zoloft

For Major Depressive Disorder "I want everyone to know if you are on medication for depression and anxiety you must find which medication works best for you. Paxil made me very shaky and Cymbalta was a complete nightmare. I’m currently on Zoloft. Been on it for many years . My doctor calls it a maintenance drug. Zoloft works very well for me . No side effects. If you feel you need to be on medication, that life is a struggle mentally, and you have a doctor who understands you and you trust please try a medication BUT do not stay on a medication that does not work . Work with your doctor and try a different one . It’s a long horrible journey finding the right one but once you find it you will know . Seek counseling when things get rough . Talk to others who are going through the same thing. I take 100mg of Zoloft with a fish oil supplement and vitamin D. You must eat right and take care of yourself if you want your medication to work best for you. And no alcohol . It may make you feel horrible the next day ."

Owen (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 8, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been experiencing intrusive thoughts for almost a year now. It was mainly due to my Celexa other SSRI antidepressant wasn't working as well anymore. I have been on Celexa for over 12 years. It just didn't work for me anymore and then I found Zoloft. I suffer from mild to moderate OCD and intrusive thoughts about harming myself/anything for no reason whatsoever. When I started taking 12.5 MG of Zoloft and 30MG of Celexa (Cross tapering meds), Was on 40MG. I noticed a 70% difference in my thoughts. My head was more clear, I felt more positive. Its day 6 now and its just getting better from here. This medication was a godsend to me. Just wanted to share my experience."

DanaTOCD (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Hi all. My name is Lauren I am 21. I have taken this medicine for 6 months. Here’s my story. 7 months ago I was having severe ANXIETY, with panic attacks and some mild depression because of it. I just wanted to feel better. I read review after review because I was scared to take an ANTIDEPRESSANT, since I wasn’t depressed, and because I’m a natural person I question everything. All I can say is TRY IT. There will always be negative comments on any medication. This one saved me. I started on 25 mg it wasn’t enough. It took 6 weeks too feel 100% and week 1 my anxiety was worse (didn’t know that was possible). I hope this helps you all because I was that person searching for what if’s."

Lauren (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2018

For Depression "Loved the mood on this drug...hated the side effects. Thought I was just getting older, but I had constant inexplicable headaches every single day for months. Also had excruciating back pain that ended up being my gallbladder and severe changes to my menstrual cycle. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I stopped the drug. Suddenly everything normalized. My advice: if you have weird things happening to you but they aren't listed as classic "side effects"--listen to your body!!"

Anonymous April 3, 2018

For Depression "I had been struggling with grief, PTSD and stress. I told my doctor how I feel, and that I see a therapist. I grind my teeth, generally not myself lately. I am naturally active motivated individual. I am now on Zoloft, Dr said it's to stabilize my mood. I have been taking it for about a week. Dr said it takes up to 3 weeks to kick in. So far I feel more alert, better attention and a bit insomnia and sleep cycle disturbance. It feels weird, I never took antidepressants before. I am so used doing things in stress that it feels unnatural to feel so balanced lol. It kills the edge of stress but a bit counterproductive because stress was my fuel before, but not grief. I plan to take it until I get over my issues and get off of it. I never thought I will depend on medication, but can't stand my neck pain due to stress. Now is tolerable. I will keep taking it."

Epsh March 17, 2018

For Depression "I have been taking the drug for 2 months @ 50 mg. I had increased anxiety for about 2 weeks when I first started and then all the side effects disappeared. I'm much more calm and able to deal with the enormous amount of stress I'm under with a calm, clear head. I feel like it is easier to communicate my thoughts and that I do not have as many emotional swings during the day. I highly recommend zoloft to anyone looking for something to get them through a tough time."

Happiernow (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I have been suffering from severe anxiety, major depressive disorder and PTSD for over 18 years. Anti Depressants, sometimes made the anxiety worse. I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2015 and my Psychiatrist prescribed Zoloft. Zoloft was really helping me but I gained about 15 pounds in 2 months so I stopped taking it. Fast forward to today. I finally got back on Zoloft after realizing that I NEED it. I literally have been in survival mode for years. After getting back on Zoloft I can finally function. I didn’t know what it was like to feel “normal”. The constant flashbacks, anxiety and depression are gone and when they do show up they are manageable. Zoloft has made such a difference I can’t believe I was living in the Hell I was living in for so long. As for the weight gain, I have weighed myself everyday since I started taking it and I have not gained any weight this time around. But I’ve decided it’s better to be pleasantly plump than to be paralyzed by my PTSD."

Lotus68 (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Depression "I was put on zoloft after seeing no success on prozac. I was on 100mgs of zoloft a day for a little over 2 months and experienced no side effects, change of mood, or really any influence at all."

grass (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "30 yr M, diagnosed 7 mths ago. Managed med/free since age 19. My OCD comes with vocal tics (howls) and severe jerking motions when I get stuck in a mental loop. Thankfully, only when I'm alone. Went back to college and now I get debilitating panic attacks. Started Zoloft 7 months ago. Began at 25mg & bumped up in 25mg increments every few months. Now at 75 mg. Experience: The mental fog was unbearable the 1st month, no working memory at all. Couldn't keep track of anything; conversations, books, exam materials, etc.. Each dosage increase results in ~3 weeks of fog. As for anxiety, it is improved for a few weeks after each fog clearing, then levels off, letting me know it's time for a dosage change. As for tics, worsened significantly in the 1st few months; tics lasting for hours as opposed to originally just a few tics per day. Improved to a few tics every few days. Hoping they'll subside once my final dosage gets figured out."

Jrd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2018

For Panic Disorder "My anxiety was so bad that I couldn't function I would have panic attacks driving home from work in fear of having another panic attack that I had years ago. I'm not going to ramble on. This medication has changed my life for the better I go out more talk more, my panic attacks and intrusive thoughts have been under control. Yes this medication works"

Texasman February 25, 2018

For Depression "I had depression for years but didn't seek help. After I gave birth, it got worse. I went to the doctor the first time and she said it was PostPartum Depression, she didn't prescribe me anything. After a while, it was only becoming worse. So I went back and then she said I had a Deep Depression and she prescribed me Zoloft and also sent me to a psychiatrist. The side effects of the Zoloft made my life a living hell! I got insomnia, I started to shake uncontrallably, I started to have major anger issues. It was just too much for me, so when I went to the psychiatrist, he evaluated me and said I had Chronic Depression and changed my medications to Paroxetine. The side effects where much less but still the depression wasn't getting any better. After being on medication for 4 months, I stopped all medications on my own. I made some changes in my life. That was the best decision I could have made. Now I have been 8 months without taking any medications, my life couldn't be any better."

Kimy266 February 19, 2018

For Depression "I know medications affect everyone differently - but I have been Zoloft free for 1 week after taking it for approx. 6 months (Post lexapro 1 month)... and I feel better than I have in a long, long time. I am suddenly satisfied, grateful for things in my life. The anxiety is there but I’ve felt genuinely happy for the first time in too long."

Sofia_196 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2018

For Depression "I started Zoloft Feb 2, 2018 it helped a lot with my anxiety!! At first I was super anxious for a couple of days. I had insomnia due to anxiety still can't sleep with Zoloft, I feel really tired during the day! I still feel waves of depression. I'm still new to it so hopefully it'll helps more in a few weeks. I Also see a therapist and meditate! I workout when I can to boost my mood."

Queenz February 16, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Lifelong depression sufferer. First 3 days felt like valium, floaty and nice but symptoms were largely unaffected. Next fortnight was harrowing with vastly increased anxiety and insomnia, mind roaring the entire time. After that things chilled out a bit and life has gotten progressively easier since. First good day came at end of week 4. Now in week 7 and it's as if depression is a thing of the past, any fog thoughts are controllable and no longer dominate my outlook. Should also mention weird taste that the stuck around for the first few weeks, has either gone now or I've got used to it. Sexual desire dropped off for a while but has returned, orgasm is definitely less intense though. Weighing up pros and cons I'm functioning better than for a long time and am seeing aspects of myself that were unthinkable just 2 months ago. I'd happily stay on it forever at this point."

Sertralinewarriors (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Did nothing"

nothing41 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I am so deeply grateful for Zoloft at this time of my life. Before I started on it, I was having constant intrusive thoughts of sexual assault. I was afraid of going outside. I was afraid of my phone. My anxiety was out of the roof. I was so easily startled, all the time, and would constantly be trying to suppress emotional flashbacks so that I could go to work or be with my partner or do menial tasks like wash the damn dishes. Now, I feel like I have mental space—like I have the choice to take care of myself and to work through my trauma. Memories which were incredibly scary for me to even think about are now memories that I am able to access (in part, sometimes) and confront. Zoloft has given me my brain back. I used to be so afraid of getting on medication because of the stigmas attached to it, but this has really been a lifesaver."

JinMooooo February 12, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I took this for 7 days right before my period. Wow. The nausea and drowsiness the first 3 days was tough (horrible the first 24 hours, then got better). But this was the first month I didn't cry at the dinner table with my family in ages. My general mood was totally normal and not overly sensitive or aggressive. I didn't have any sexual side effects, and no menstrual cramps when my period arrived. I'm gong to try it again next cycle, hoping that the side effects diminish."

Mollymoo2000 February 12, 2018

For Postpartum Depression "I had HORRIBLE postpartum anxiety!! I cried all day everyday out of pure FEAR for no reason at all. I ended up losing almost 30 pounds in one month because I was completely sick with myself for the way I was feeling and ashamed. Went to my doctor and he put me on Zoloft 25mg. I’m not lying when I tell you only 2 days in I felt sooo much better and relaxed. I could actually breath and start thinking straight again. After 2 weeks I went up to 50mg and so on until I was at 150 mg. It was great for me! I couldn’t be sad or cry if I wanted to! After almost a year I’ve weaned myself off of them. The only bad side effects were excessive sweating at night (I would wake up soaking wet in my bed) and gaining some of my weight back (but I’d rather be fat and happy, then skinny and miserable). All in all, I’d definitely recommend this for anyone that is at rock bottom right now, just start with a way low dose and work yourself up. This too shall pass!!!"

BrittneyJoy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I had a bad reaction to Zoloft-akathesia-which is this horrid feeling of internal restlessness/buzzing. Also caused severe insomnia. It seemed to work very well for my Social Anxiety however."

Tiwi (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder "My now 18 year old daughter has always dealt with anxiety type issues that we managed on our own. If she didn't want to go anywhere it was easy to chalk it up to being an introvert. However, the loneliness and avoidance went far beyond "being an introvert". By the time she entered her senior yr in high school, she was spiralling into a black hole. She finally agreed to therapy and medication. Prozac was awful, sertraline was great. The low doses helped some anxiety but at 100mg, she flourished. No more holed up in her room, avoiding going to the store, or near panic attacks for having to place a phone call. She is smiling, singing and dancing! She is also finally able to form connections with people. Her biggest complaint is that she has put on some weight (maybe 10lbs). I asked her- do you want to be the ultra thin, unhappy girl who hide in her room or would you rather walk around with that gorgeous smile of yours? My only regret is waiting."

Relieved mom February 5, 2018

For Depression "I’m more social than before. However, I still have severe lows (crying, suicidal thoughts). I have issues sleeping. I also have urinary retention. I like that it made me feel more cheerful sometimes, but in the end it didn’t help enough and caused too many side effects. I’m going to try something else."

Lillie C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

For Depression "I was put on 50mg of Zoloft for depression, anxiety, and panic. By the third day my anxiety and depression were both outrageous, I couldn’t eat or sleep, and I was vomiting. I ended up losing so much weight and having such advanced anxiety symptoms that I ended up in the ER. That was the worst I’ve ever felt in my life. I had to stop taking it immediately. This is the worst medication I’ve ever been on. But even with my harsh critique people still have to realize that medications work differently for everyone. This was horrible for me but there’s plenty of other people that have had success with it so keep an open mind. Depression and anxiety are absolutely terrible but please don’t give up until you find something that works."

Ekate6 January 23, 2018

For Depression "Start with this medicine few days ago, so far I feel good, relax. The only side effect is dry mouth and thristy all day. Can deal with stress very well now."

Liz2018 January 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Setraline has done absolutely nothing to help my depression, it brought on anhedonia which made me feel really down and just deeply sad. Waited 3 weeks and made me feel way worse, this is the 2nd SSRI I have used. I luckily respond very well to bupropion XL 300mg and it saved me from the complete hell I was in due to the SSRI. I don’t truly believe serotonin is the key to happiness, especially because I responded a hell of a lot better to Wellbutrin which is a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor. All I can do is hope the new medication of ketamine nasal spray will do something good for most people who are suffering."

james1738 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

For Depression "This medication has not helped me in any form. I lost a lot of my appetite, and slept all the time, and was still tired. My depression worsened on Zoloft. I do not recommend Zoloft for depression."

Just a person. January 16, 2018