User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 359 reviews 80 medications

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 888 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Alright so I've been on 100mg of Zoloft for a while and I'm supposed to start 200mg tomorrow and I'll be honest, it's done absolutely nothing for me personally so far.. I'll be starting Risperidone and coming off this one. I've had no side effects as well as no positive effects what so ever, it's a very weak medication, basically like drinking water. I guess if your symptoms aren't bad at all and you want an easy way out of your problems, then this could be the drug for you. These are the symptoms I experience and trying to medicate: Hypervigilence, jumpiness, sensitivity to sudden noises (like a door slamming shut), only experience emotional ''numbness'' or anger/rage, cloudy mind, disconnection/dissociation/depersonalization, etc."

CMan2792 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Overall a very good medication. It made me very drowsy when I first started on it but this passed after a couple weeks. It did a good job of keeping me stable. I would have loved to stay on it except I ended up developing severe urinary retention that got worse as my dose increased. (By severe I mean I was unable to sleep at night because I had to get up and pee every 5 mins and almost nothing would come out) After I went off it the urinary retention gradually went away and is now completely gone. Aside from that I got no noticeable side effects from it. I would definitely recommend this med, as urinary retention is a more rare side effect and I probably only experienced it because I am known to be sensitive to meds."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I was suffering from acute anxiety in addition to my psychotic disorder(from illicit drug use) I would get this anxiety all day long and I couldn't take it any more so I spoke to my doctor and he put me on Zoloft 25mg. Its a tiny pill but it has made a huge difference in my anxiety level. I also practice meditation every morning to augment the Zoloft and that's definitely helped too. For those that want to know I practice observational meditation( simply observe and note changes in how I'm feeling and attempt to silence the negativity). The only reason that I didn't give this medication a 10 was because of the sexual side effects. I have no sex drive and have extreme difficulty climaxing as well as maintaining an erection."

iPlaymeta1 November 27, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I'm on 50 mg zoloft been on it for a wk now ...it seems to help me sleep...my dr sd I probably want be able to tell anything about it for 2 to 3 wks but I can already tell...I also take 5mg ativan for anxiety disorder both together work well..."

Vannna777 November 26, 2016

For Depression "Horrible medication ,did not help with my depression at all made my anxiety worst"

detour12 November 24, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft has significantly lowered my anxiety, particularly social anxiety. Before, I would avoid certain situations and just worry about the most irrational things. Now I can honestly say I feel like a normal person, and I am succeeding in parts of my life I never have before."

Stephanie1117 November 23, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Therapeutic but dulling"

CharlesAstor (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2016

For Depression "I was very very bad at one point with my anxieyy and depression and the OCD, they were all working together against me, the horrible disgusting thoughts from the OCD was driving me into constant panic attacks and anxiety through the roof! Which drove me to stay in doors and avoid triggers which then pushed me into a deep deep depression, I've been on zoloft now for about 6 months on a low dose of of 50mg, and I feel much better! I was able to go out and get a job which I am excelling at and got three raises in 4 months! I have felt a bit of the anxiety and ocd poking out once in a while but I may need to raise the dose but over all this med had changed my life so far, if you are in a rut and are down don't give up you can regain your life back!"

severe depression, OCD, anxity (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016

For Depression "Been on Zoloft 50 mg for 3 weeks and I'm starting to feel like myself again. I have MDD, ADD, anxiety, panic attacks and insomnia but since taking this medication I am sleeping again and waking up without my alarm which has never happened. I was a little sick for the first few days however it passed. My panic attacks are almost gone. My doctor agreed to increase my dosage to 100 mg to see if I can get a little better I'm almost where I want to be but my negative emotions have subsided tremendously. I know this road is hard for all of us but don't give up. Remember the chemical make up in your brain changes overtime, so when something stops working seek help. Best regards!"

KingLovelees (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

For Depression "I've only been on 50mg Zoloft for about a week and I feel like I'm in a way better mood at times and haven't felt as depressed as I was before taking it. However I've lost a lot of sleep because of it, lost my appetite, getting confused at times, and absolutely no libido even if I tried. At times I feel like a complete zombie and it gets difficult trying to work because I feel so numb. I also feel a lot slower mentally but that may be because of lack of sleep.Before zoloft I was having a suicidal thought every other day and cutting myself almost everyday and now of zoloft I am NOT thinking of hurting myself and 1 suicidal thought in a week. I've been a lot happier on this medication."

supahotfire November 16, 2016

For Depression "So far, so good. My initial side effects were insomnia (randomly waking up at 3 or 4 am), followed by heavy drowsiness, and some random bouts of nausea. This was all within first week. I'm on my third week and that's all subsided. I've actually been content with food. Normally I am obsessed with eating, am never satisfied, but lately my relationship with food has become a little more laissez-faire. I am generally feeling happy and my fianc"

Feeefeee November 16, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was on lexapro for years before it pooped out and it helped alright.Finally switched to zoloft 150 mg and it did take 2-3 months but ever since I have never felt better. No more OCD/anxiety, I'm a new person, it literally saved my life. 10-10 would recommend and hoping it works for the rest of my life"

Matty1234 November 10, 2016

For Depression "I've been in Zoloft for 2 months for depression, anxiety. The reason I don't give it top grades is because I don't have anything else to compare it to. Started 1 week on 25mg and then moved to 50mg the first two/three weeks the side effects were the same people describe, headache, tiredness, stomach issues, death thoughts, lack of appetite, after that the first sign was no more tears, less anxiety for eating my emotions went away, social anxiety too, fear & death gone too. Calmness, ability to focus on the now, lower PMS, ability to focus & interact. Some days are still hard but takes less for me to cope with them. I didn't know life could feel this way. (Side effects Lower sex drive & return of big appetite and weight gain)"

Twigtotree November 5, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I am a 32 year old female who just started taking Zoloft for my OCD. I have been on it for two days and right now I'm having the worst headache ever. I rarely ever get headaches and they're never this bad. Could the Zoloft be causing this? I'm reading all of these wonderful stories about how it helps with OCD and I just don't know if I can keep taking it if I have this side effect. I'm at my wits end with all of these drugs and I just want to live a normal, healthy life without obsessions and compulsions. But the way, I have bipolar disorder, as well. I am on mood stabilizers and Neurontin."

Laura Yang November 3, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "It took me a while to reach an effective dose, but Zoloft was surprisingly effective. It does have a reputation of being a "starter drug" and ineffective, but it has transformed my life."

KMaureen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2016

For Depression "This medication worked wonderful for me. Totally changed my negative and depressed attitude about life. The only down side is some weight gain and very low Libido! My Doctor is actually switching me to Viibryd because of these side effects. Very scared to change medications when this one worked so well for me!"

Mindy M November 2, 2016

For Depression "I took this medication for only 3 days and I experienced extreme tremors, diarrhea, vomiting and even experienced a seizure after the second day. I have been very sick and always tired feeling. I definitely don't recommend this also my anxiety got worse not better."

Awful medication October 31, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I've had wicked panic attacks, anxiety and now panic disorder. I've tried the breathing, distractions, calming music and all that. Only thing that really worked was praying and listening to Christian music. But that didn't do it completely so I went back to the Dr when my latest one caused me to lose my job. I was scared to death to try Zoloft after all the reviews saying things get worse before better and I naturally freak out any time I try any new medication. But, I've been on the 25 mg for about a week and just went to 50. I've had absolutely no side effects other than my brain trying to lie to me, if you know what I mean. I also take .50 mg Xanax with it and I take it at night so I believe that helps. I feel so much better."

StephenCW43 October 26, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I suffered from severe anxiety for years particularly social anxiety. Been on 100mg a day for about six months now. I feel like a new person now ,feel normal and calm and doing things I hadn't thought possible. For me this is a wonder medicine. Took weeks before I felt an improvement but well worth sticking with it. Don't want to stay on it long term but worried about stopping as I never want to go back to chronic anxiety again. I'm sure it's different for some people but I never felt better since taking Zoloft. Hope this helps"

MossieG October 25, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I'm on Zoloft, and I've been taking it for almost a month now. It's helped so much with my panic & anxiety. I also suffer from severe depression. But I don't see any change with it helping my deprsssion. My anxiety is so much better now so if that's what you have wrong too I suggest Zoloft, but for depression no.. I know it works different for everyone but this is just my experience."

Ashlynxoxo October 23, 2016

For Depression "Been on this medication now for 10 months after Fluoxetine made me worse. This medication has worked wonders for my Panic disorder and depression. Even though I still have these illnesses and it will be a long recovery journey I can say that this medication along with a hospital stay due to the adverse side effects of the Fluoxetine and regular appointments with my CPN and Psychiatrist has really worked well for me."

India98 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I suffer from social anxiety, separation anxiety. My doctor recommended zoloft. I was on a regular dose not sure now much that was. After taking it I felt terrible I had a horrible pain in my chest and I couldn't breath. The pain in my chest went all the way up my throat. I went back to my doctor and she suggested a lower dose. Once again I took the pill and the pain was still terrible. I personally had a terrible experience with zoloft."

lezette October 23, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "It lifted my mood but with horrible agitation and impotance"

Jasimon (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Maybe my experience can help someone else... I have just completed a 30 day supply of Zoloft. My anxiety has been debilitating since my Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis in October of 2015. It became so bad that I was becoming bed ridden, afraid to leave my home. As a mother of 3 and a wife and daughter, my family needed me and I wasn't able to be there. I finally told my husband and parents I needed to seek help. After a therapy session and a visit with my family doctor I was given Zoloft. I received it on a Tuesday but was so afraid to take it, I didn't take my first one until Friday (I had read a few bad drug reviews, so I knew some things I could expect, but chose to focus on all the success stories for motivation.) For three weeks it was rough. Also must note, during this time we were hit with hurricane Matthew which didn't help and I believe set me back a few days. My side effects were tummy aches, diarrhea (sometimes 4 or 5 times a day), a few hot flashes, a couple days of zombie feeling, and I had 2 bad panic attacks. I know this sounds horrible, however, my opinion is that I felt as though I had hit rock bottom which is why I turned to medication. I already felt bad, so my commitment was to see this medicine through to the 4-6 week mark as instructed. If I had stopped taking it, I still would have felt horrible, that is what my life had become. With the wonderful support of my children and husband, a lot of take out food, and my parents helping to take and pick up my kids from school, I am SOOOOOO thankful I stuck with it and made it to the 4 week mark. I feel like I'm getting my life back. It is worth everything you go through. In full disclosure, some people get no side effects... my 20 year old son has been on Zoloft for a year and never had one side effect. I wasn't that lucky and seemed to have most. Please give yourself the chance. You will read over and over again to stick with it until 4-6 weeks... you must do yourself that favor. Surround yourself with support if you can and just do it! I'm so blessed to have my life back!!!!!"

Nikki828 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on zoloft for probably about 4 months now and it has absolutely SAVED my life. I was so hesitant to get on it again (I was on it previously about 5 years ago from ages 14-18 for OCD - which it worked well for that, too), but I wish I had done it sooner! my social anxiety is practically gone and I'm actually for once excited about my future instead of terrified. I can talk to people and be myself and I actually LIKE myself now!! Where before I was convinced I was a worthless nobody. I'm much more confident in myself and my abilities and if somebody doesn't like me it no longer bothers me because i like me. I haven't felt this normal in 5 years. Thank you Zoloft"

so thankful! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016