User Reviews for Zoloft

Major Depressive Disorder 54 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Zoloft reviews 977 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I was prescribed Zoloft 25mg a day for Depression and Anxiety/panic attacks. I was also having severe insomnia at the time and really bad anger problems. From the first day I took Zoloft, my anger almost completely went away. I wasn't upset by things that normally annoyed me anymore. Another plus I noticed almost immediately was the lift in mood. I had great success raising my mood and lifting depression in the first few weeks of this drug. However I stopped taking Zoloft after 4 weeks because the negatives were far outweighing the positives. My insomnia and panic attacks got WAY worse, it was horrifying. I went to the ER because I had the worse panic of my life and thought I was dying. Sleep was impossible. Now I'm trying Remeron."

klee979 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been on Zoloft for about 10 weeks. 25mg the first week, 50mg a day thereafter. At week 6 I still felt lousy with depression and extreme anxiety. I did not have any side effects at all though. Then magically after the 6 week mark I overnite transformed into a social butterfly, could connect with people, had better concentration, no panic attacks at all after years of attacks, nothing was any trouble for me whereas before it was all so hard, the depression was gone and I actually felt happier than I have been since I was 20. I am 58 now. I also am physically much better than before. People have really noticed a difference and so have I. It is the best thing that ever happened to me and I wish I had been on it 30 years ago."

Babsical April 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have Bipolar I with severe depressive episodes lasting up to 16 months. Zoloft was a last ditch effort to improve my depression; I was formerly on Luvox and found it too sedating and less effective after being on it for over a decade. So far, I have had 15 days without severe depression after being on Zoloft for one month. I think it's working. I am tired but I am not sure if that is the Zoloft or something else as I am on several medications for psychiatric problems."

Liz89 April 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have had what I see as pretty bad social anxiety, to the point where I look back and realize how much life I have missed out on. It took me a while to actually become aware of it, but for some time now I have been dwelling on it since it makes it super hard to make friends. So, I usually see myself as not having very effective medications (such as SSRIs) for depression/anxiety etc. Either that, or it's hard to notice improvement. I specifically wanted to go on a medication for my social anxiety so my doctor ended up putting me on zoloft and I love it...I can actually see improvement and I have even made a friend. It's to the point where I feel like I can notice myself being more anxious when I forget to take it at the beginning of the day"

tayyy321 April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I had depression and anxiety since 2 years . Tried prozac and from 3rd pill it was terrible ! Severe headache ! Changed to zoloft and started increasing dose gradually from 12.5 till 25 then 50 . Noticed improvement in about 1-2 month . I recommend this drug . Tried to stop it 2 month ago and I relapsed so am taking it now again hoping it could work again .. However my insomnia is killing me !!!!"

Anonymous 12345 April 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "It's nothing. This did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't even have any side-effects, it was like taking a sugar pill or a placebo."

voskhod (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft for 7 months now and it has really improved my life. The first few weeks were absolutely BRUTAL. Couldn't focus, super dizzy, nausea, more depressed, etc. However, I stuck with it and after about a month, the depression started to get much better. Of course, I still have my days (who doesn't?) but I would highly recommend trying Zoloft if you can get through the first few weeks. It truly has changed my life for the better."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've had a lot of success with Zoloft both as an antidepressant and for generalized anxiety disorder. It has worked for me for almost 2 years now and has really kept my symptoms under control. I'm of very small weight and sensitive to medications, so 25 mg works for me reasonably well. I have had to up my dosage to 50mg during times of high stress and it has helped so much. The only side effects I have experienced were a little nausea, some apathy, and insomnia. Other than that, I have tolerated this medication very well. It helps me put things into perspective and stops me from my having such negative, anxiety ridden thinking patterns. It helps me live in the moment and takes away a lot of my worries. I would definitely recommend."

FLGAL (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "My recommendation - if you have a panic disorder, get on situational meds like klonopin or xanax. This may not be a wise decision if you have an addiction problem/addictive personality, but klonopin saved my life. Before klonopin, though, I took zoloft. Zoloft made me incredibly sick and very depressed. I have never had depression, only the panic disorder. Situational meds reminded me what it felt like to be normal, and after awhile I was able to mimic that normalcy on my own."

kales April 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "My original post was 10/2/16-had great results immediately on 50mg daily. I am able to hold down a full time job that I love, which was impossible prior to Zoloft. Rarely have anxiety anymore, my relationship with my husband has improved, and the constant "internal storm" is gone. At 51, I finally feel HAPPY!!! Keep trying everyone!"

AnneJay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I began taking Zoloft in March 2015 after testing Lexapro and Prozac. My SA/MDD improved, but I still had a lot of trouble with socializing and suicidal thoughts, so I decided to quit taking it and also switched to online schooling. Around Jan. 2016, I noticed I was getting worse and finally decided to go back on the medication. I started 25mg with no change. Slowly began increasing it to my current dose of 100mg combined with 5-15mg Buspirone (previously .25mg Xanax) and this is the worst I've ever been. I have nearly every side effect, even suicidal thoughts, and I have a panic attack just thinking of leaving my home and being around people. Definitely switching to something else soon."

beedee05 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Just to sum things up. I'm 18 years old. Started with prozac and went to full dose. Was on prozac for about 1 year at max dose (60mg), but it helped little. I took 50mg Zoloft for 5 weeks. Did see a change in my Anxiety, were it down somewhat. Now I've been on 100mg Zoloft for 3 days, and I have started to get dizzy sometimes at the day. I also have depression and OCD. It has not helped anything with the depression, the anxiety have become somewhat less and my OCD feels worse (do not know if this is a side effect). 4 weeks from now I will up to 150mg Zoloft, if the 100mg shows little improvements. My doctor says after full dose of Zoloft, there will be the option to try Cipralex. Im rather for trying CBD (medicinal cannabis)."

Martin 16y March 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Worked very well for intrusive thoughts OCD for 5 months and then when I missed dosages and tried starting back on it again it stopped working. Other than that I had no problems with Zoloft."

Sean0810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postpartum Depression "A game-changer for me and as a result, my family. I felt panicked, angry and had racing thoughts. Within a few days I was more calm, within weeks I was relaxed and could think rationally rather than be anxious. I've continued to take it as I just feel so much better as a result."

Postpartum and thensome March 29, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started on 25mg and went up to 50mg/day for a relapse of pure-obsessional OCD. It took about a month for it to start working but this drug in combination with learning the principles of Exposure Response Prevention Therapy (ERP Therapy) - a type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) have allowed me to regain control of my mind. The depression that came with the relapse vanished in two weeks, anxiety and intrusive thoughts slowly dissipated/reduced in intensity about a month afterwards. I feel normal again and I couldn't be happier. If you're one of the unlucky folks who have been blessed with OCD, give sertraline (Zoloft) a shot. Just make sure to combine it with therapy otherwise it won't be as effective."

duderino March 29, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I was prescribed Zoloft 10 years ago when I went through a very stressful experience and started having panic attacks & depression I found Zoloft to be fantastic; a true 'happy pill'! Within a month, life felt like living again, my panic attacks ceased, I was far better able to cope with my circumstances at the time, and I was able to stop taking it a few months later. I took it again a year later on the advice of a doctor, who suggested it for my chronic irritable bowel syndrome; unfortunately it did not work for this condition. However, I mistakenly stopped taking Zoloft suddenly instead of gradually reducing the dose, and began having severe hypnic jerks at night , which are a known side effect."

SandyKatz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This is my third day on Zoloft. The symptoms are like a roller coaster. 50mg/day. I feel like I'm on speed. No appetite, can't sleep, wake up shaky, have the sweats with a light headache and now today I can't get out of bed and my vision is weird... Everything I've read online says these are normal and one day I'll wake up and feel like a million bucks. I hope this is the case because these side effect are super weird."

ZoloftuserofAL (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have tried several antidepressants, but nothing seemed to work. However, I started Zoloft about a week ago, and I am officially sold on it. It makes me feel more optimistic about life. I'm enjoying life more minus all of the worrying. I think it must be working because my 7 year old told my 10 year old that "mom's acting weird, she's being really nice","

Babydoll77 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "These reviews helped me so much when I first started Zoloft over 5 weeks ago that I wanted to post my experience. After several weeks of increasingly worsening panic attacks at work, I ended up in the hospital. A year ago my psych Dr switched me from cymbalta to a mood stabilizer and things were good until November as stress at work increased. I was depending on too much bromazepam to get through the day. My GP started me on 50 mg of Zoloft and my anxiety was so bad also tremors for 4 weeks I was sure I would have to quit working or cut my hours. But this Monday on week 5 was amazing. I still have some anxiety but I seem to be able to handle it now. It's like I have my confidence back. Good luck!"

Dentalhygienist68 March 23, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Hi. I felt like posting here because I saw multiple reviews by people who had taken Zoloft for a few days, or a few weeks, and had bad experiences. I wanted to say that, though everyone is different, it will take at least a month or two before you start to feel "better" on any Anxiety med. Also, probably starting with a small dose and working your way up after several weeks would be a good idea. My GP told me to take half a pill, then go to a full pill after a week, which is crazy, and I had just about every side effect and dizziness for the first month. The second time around with Zoloft, I took one fourth of my pill, and ramped up every four days. If you have side effects, know that this is normal, and you will feel better soon."

Sleepy22116 March 22, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Gave one star to Zoloft for its effort, but really it deserves zero stars from my experience. I was on Remeron, then Cipralex (Lexapro for American users) for almost a year and when it stopped working I decided to go with Zoloft after reading good reviews. Zoloft slowly turned me into the worst version of myself. Constant anger, irritation, nausea, no appetite, no motivation, and man the heart burn was unreal. And the list goes on and on. I took it for a week at 25mg and 3 weeks at 50mg to give it a shot but I had to stop because I was just falling apart. I am currently on Effexor, its been almost a week and it is slowly putting me back together from the Zoloft disaster."

rsb19 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "UPDATE! I wanted to share my experience once again. I posted on here a little while ago about how I couldn't sleep on Zoloft, only 3 hours then I would wake up every 30-45 min. So I took a brief drug holiday for 2 days and started back on it to give it another try. I literally took 6.25mg and the first few nights were fine, but then after about 4 days I started waking up super early in the morning and I could not fall back asleep. It wasn't the worst possible case scenario, but I still felt like I wasn't sleeping enough and I was still tired through out the day. So waking up early again this morning I have decided that I am done with antidepressants. I have tried 3 now, and none of them have worked."

NurseAshley (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Zoloft actually changed my life. It's helped me cope with every day situations in an non reactive way. My thoughts have calmed down and my anxiety is minimal. I've actually lost 15 lbs on Zoloft. I started on 50mg and now I'm up to 200mg per day. I've been on it for about a year now and I like that it doesn't numb everything or make me super emotional or tired. I'm very well balanced. I just wish I could sleep better."

Fanni (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been on this medication for two days and I have had a significant improvement in obsessive thoughts and my anxiety. I had insomnia last night, but I heard that subsides. I have tons of energy and want to go do things I had lost interest in doing. I don't know if this is just going to be in the beginning, but I have read it only gets better. I have a little nausea, but I have stomach problems as well so I'm used to it. I will put an update later on. I am going to stick this out! update: two weeks on zoloft and my OCD going insane. going to up to 50mg tomorrow. will update."

xoxobecca619 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Stick it out. I was so hesitant to explore perscription medication, instead of the more natural methods. Eventually when I couldn't take it anymore I began Zoloft. The first month I was taking 50mg, and was slowly upped to 100mg. The side effects I experienced were really terrible- increased anxiety for a few weeks... and I crapped my pants... but I promise, it was worth it. Now I'm 6 months on Zoloft and I don't suffer from social anxiety at nearly the same level as before. I feel much more confident speaking in front of groups and just being myself. I also feel less depressed. I think that people often experience the terrible side effects and give up on the drug, but if you're willing to suffer through, sertraline may really help you."

Sarah12653 March 8, 2017