User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 4)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Major Depressive Disorder 55 reviews 46 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 997 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Just day 2 of 10 mg of Zoloft.. The first day I just ate a lot of food.. Felt hungry. And was up until 3 in the morning, and the sleep was crappy anyways. Now it's day 2, and this morning I felt sick, and it didn't take a lot of movement to make feel me lightheaded. And I speak fast too. That or I think too hard about what I want to say. Hmm.."

Sanjaaay January 28, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I have been on 50mg Zoloft for 2 weeks now. I confidently say this medication is the best thing that has ever happened to me since living my life controlled by anxiety and horrendous panic. It was the right decision because I'm starting to finally see that I'm getting my life back to how I was before. The side effects are not great like lack of appetite, nausea etc. But they pass after a week or two and all these bad reviews that you see are people not giving this medication a chance to kick in and work. It takes time and I respect that it might not effect everyone how it has me but I can say without Zoloft I don't think I would have ever got better because no reassurance from family members was helping it was the extra push I needed."

Jack27765 January 27, 2017

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft, for me, has been a wonder drug. It worked incredibly well for me in combating anxiety associated with Post Natal Depression. Initially I had the shakes and dry mouth and a little dizziness, but that passed after a couple of weeks. I highly recommend sticking with the side effects and trying it for at least 8 weeks. From being almost bed bound, I completed a nursing degree, got a great job and am raising 2 kids as a single Mum. I found keeping busy the helps with my anxiety. CBT and Zoloft were, however, the most effective treatments for keeping panic at bay."

1968Wookiee January 26, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have taken Zoloft since I was 21 years old. I'm now 36. I've struggled with anxiety since late in high school. Zoloft is not the 100% answer to anxiety, but it does help. When I use it consistently it helps with anxiety attacks, helps your mind from wondering about the meaningless things around you that would normally start you on the path to another anxiety attack. If you choose to seek medical advice about taking Zoloft make sure you continuously stay on it. In my experience at times when I've forgotten, my prescription ran out and I don't have it I've found I'm OK for 3-4 days. After several days I notice a strange dizzy spell of sorts, a pulsing in my ears, to where I just want to lie down. I'm sure it's just an imbalance in my body."

cwlanter28 (taken for 10 years or more) January 25, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been all over the place in my head. It calms me down some but not a lot. Plus I've been gaining weight, I've been sick, headaches, itchy, and so much other stuff."

Princeskiki12139698 January 25, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on this medication for a few years now. overtime, I have noticed huge improvements in my severe social anxiety. it is much easier to get through the day! As far as side effects, I experienced loss in appetite and fatigue for about a week, then it all went away. Please don't let negative reviews scare you and give the meds a chance to do their job, it doesn't happen overnight!"

Anonymous January 23, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Ok so this is my first review. I had been suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks for about 5 months it completely changed my life for the worse. I stopped all the things I used to enjoy I didn't go to the gym and I wasn't physically active. I felt safe in my room not socialising as this did not cause me to panic. However it was a downward spiral from there. The reason that I felt safe at first was because my anxiety was from my heart beating fast and I was always aware of it ( weird right.) I wanted to avoid all things that would trigger my panic attacks. gotta cut it short so I took 50 mg zoloft and after the first day I haven't had one single panic attack and feel 10x better. I still have a little anxiety but only on my 5th day."

Jack__ January 22, 2017

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "After a little over two months taking 50mg of Zoloft, I feel happier, calmer, less anxious about things, I look forward to things again, I enjoy things I had forgotten I cared about, I laugh more, I enjoy sex more (when I am depressed my mind is on other things whenever I wanted to have sex). I sleep whole nights, I used to wake up in the middle of the night EVERY night, and stay awake for 1-2 hours before falling asleep again. I wish I had tried it sooner. Part of me wants to quit taking it now to see if I feel better still without the side effects (such as crazy vivid dreams, lower libido than when I am not depressed, yawning, etc.) but I think I am fooling myself. It is not perfect, but so much better than I could've hoped."

Nailbiter (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Worked well when I started the 25mg, but then after a few weeks (maybe 2) I went back to be bring anxious as ever but only now with tons of side affects, caused me to gain a ton of weight and increased my appetite, causes excessive sweating, and a bunch more. Basically I'm on medicine that causes a bunch more problem's and I feel like it makes my anxiety worse. And no I haven't just been on zoloft for a few weeks I've been on it for at least 8 months already and I'm now on 150mg. And still no change. It works for some people and not for others, and it did not work for me."

SushiBushi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Hi All Im a young man 24 years old, I have several issues with my brain since many years ago.... I have a Major Depression, GAD, SAD, OCD, and Panic Disorder. I've been tried many option, I tried Hypnotherapy, Emotional Therapy, CBT , also I been to some psychiatrist in Indonesia and Singapore. Finally I met the best psychiatrist in my country, and with him I found best med and finally cure my problem. You all have to try this too and talk to your psychiatrist to ask for prescription. Every Morning I take 1mg Ativan and Every Night I take 5mg Zyprexa and 150mg Zoloft Please try this, please.. Enjoy your life.. Also CBT is good as well..."

TSG from Indonesia please read January 18, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have been searching for a medication for 10 years that would work. Thank goodness for this one. FINALLY"

Kings Mommy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Did not work. I always felt hungry, and gained weight."

Carly7495754 January 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Half the reviews on here are a load of garbage. They range from "the side effects are too awful" to "It gives me more anxiety". Do yourself a favor and do not read to any review from anyone who has taken this drug for less than 8 weeks. If you are serious about reducing your anxiety, then grow some balls and give zoloft time to work. Yes, you're going to have a number of side effects in the beginning, ranging from drowsiness, nausea, sexual disfunction, loss of appetite, and even increased anxiety. Guess what, nearly all of these are going to disappear after the first two weeks. In fact, all of the side effects disappeared for me, and it wasn't until around week 8 that I felt the glorious power of this drug. GIVE IT TIME"

NP93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This medicine has been a game changer for me. At first I was terrified of taking this drug. After reading Catholic Guide to Depression and much prayer I had the courage to take the medicine. I'm so glad I did. It actually reduced "body aches". I'm running again, 6 days a week. It's not a miracle pill, but a fantastic tool in defeating depression and body aches. Peace!"

Kim675123 January 10, 2017

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been on this for 10'yrs now, obviously it works but at 100 mg dose, too much! I've cut back to 50 mg and I'm fine. On 100 mg I had a lot of weight gain, like 30 lbs. I've lost a lot of weight now on 50 mg. I probably should go off of it but doc says if it works can stay on it. I worry no long term studies on this drug, but so far seems okay. My brother told me it can cause brain cells to die of w/long term use, he read it in L.E.F. magazine. Don't know if true, but helps my depression & anxiety so much that its worth staying on. Be happy and healthy, find what works for you. Good luck! "

tawisn January 8, 2017

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Long story short I finally felt compelled to try anti depressants. I had experienced depression for a couple of years and had bouts of anxiety. Last straw were symptoms similar to bipolar disorder. Like mania. I had been so reluctant to try meds. But man I'm glad I did. I'm sad I didn't try them before. My life these couple years would have been so much better, less traumatic. I started 50 mg of sertraline in July. Right away I noticed my mood improved. I used to be short tempered. Now I am more patient. I stopped crying every two days out of frustration due to my sons tantrums or misbehaviour.( challenging toddler) or from feeling overwhelmed with house work. Little by little that fog of depression started to dissipate. I am happy now."

MayraP December 30, 2016

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I went psycho while on this medication. Ended up in a mental hospital. I couldn't control myself!"

The one to take down Zoloft (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I was prescribed 50 mg to start, and went in with an open mind. After one day I decided it wasn't for me. Maybe 50 mg was too much for me, as I am sensitive to medicine? Anyways, I felt so miserable all day. My head was super foggy and I couldn't think clearly. I don't know how to describe other than just feeling so horrible and wanting to feel normal again. I couldn't do much of anything all day except lay on the floor or bed and feel miserable. I also experienced major TMJ jaw- I wasn't able to get my jaw to relax. I took a hot shower and almost fainted. It was hard for me to see how this would make me feel better ever, even though I know some people do have success with it. I just couldn't bring myself to take it again the next day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I was prescribed 25 mg of Zoloft (sertraline) and only took two doses to find myself having the worst restless legs to the point where I can't sleep. DO NOT take this. This side effect will last 5 days after stopping taking it."

caseey14 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Zoloft was the first anti-depressant I tried and it worked well enough that I stuck with it. The first 2-3 weeks were difficult. I found myself yawning constantly, extremely drowsy, having no appetite, nauseous when I DID eat, thinking about doom and death. But those were side effects that all eventually subsided. I feel a lot better because I have more control over my emotions and anxiety. I cry much less now and don't lie in bed at night thinking about suicide as much anymore. I went down in dosage from 75 mg because I felt a little too muted, like things that were REALLY supposed to bother me didn't, and the nausea on 75 mg really sucked. I was finding myself vomiting for no reason. 50 mg has been good to me the last 6 months."

reneexg December 22, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I was recently giving this in addition to wellbutrin to help with anxiety and depression. I was to take 25 mg a day for 4 days then move up to 50. right off the bat I noticed that this made me tired but when I took the 50mg dose my stomach got upset and I threw up about an hour later. Slept a long time. I woke up and felt some of the worse depression I had felt in months. I felt extremely tired, no appetite, angry, no drive, foggy headed. I've never had any success with basic ssri's. I was prescribed this medication over 10 years ago. It was a failure then and it is a failure now. The only AD I can seem to tolerate is wellbutrin. I don't see the doc for a while until then I will be using other tools to combat my depression."

lethargic guy December 20, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft has helped me so much so far. I have spent the last three months getting worse and worse. Panic, anxiety and depression. I was on Wellbutrine but it just seemed to make me worse. Two days after starting Zoloft (I take it before I go to bed), I woke up happy. I felt normal - like myself! I don't know about the sexual side effects yet because frankly it was difficult to want to be intimate when I was living in an emotional hell. Thank you Zoloft!! "

LillyLaFlamme (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been meaning to post my positive review of Zoloft for a while. This past summer I suffered probably the worst social anxiety I had ever encountered in my life. I had started a new job where I was expected to speak to others on a daily basis. It was gut wrenching. I fell apart, crying, screaming, and forcing myself to go to work. Even when I was at work I would hide in the bathroom and pee incessantly out of nervousness. Finally I found a good psychiatrist and got back on Zoloft. I had been on Zoloft 50mg earlier in the year, but stopped because I feared it might affect my fertility. After meeting with the shrink I was upped to 200 mgs gradually. Since then I have been so happy and full of life. This drug really has worked for me."

Cephas05 December 16, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I was on this drug for a month. I am one of those people who hate being on medication (prefer natural alternatives)--but my doctor strongly recommended me to give it a shot. I felt different instantly. My body would feel "numb" I guess that's the best way to describe it. I was feeling very very down the first two weeks. My temper was short, I got angry at everything, and I was worse than I was before starting the medication. I had absolutely no sex drive at all. The medication was taking a toll on my marriage. Ever since I stopped it, I feel amazing. Sticking to yoga and meditation!! Glad it works for some people though!"

Meowmeowmelz December 14, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I don't know how anyone can tolerate this drug. It made my anxiety ten times worse, gave me bad thoughts, and made me feel like a zombie for 2 weeks. I think experiencing this medication and then getting off it helped my anxiety much more than the medicine itself did."

socker21 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016