User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 4)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Zoloft.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

Depression
7.2

Summary of Zoloft reviews 7.7 1,060 reviews

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I had a breakdown in November 2016, spent the winter suffering terribly with anxiety, depression, and insomnia. Was resistant to trying medication. Counsellor, psychiatrist, and 2 physicians finally convinced me I had bipolar 2, and put me on Trileptal. Slight improvement occurred but I still suffered. Finally things got so bad that I decided to give the Zoloft they had all been suggesting a try. Started at 25 mg and now have been on 50 mg for about 6 weeks. DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT. Wish I had started long before I did, having suffered way longer than necessary. No side effects for me thus far. Some breakthrough depression and anxiety, I handle these days with low dose klonipin. I am leaving the option of increasing Zoloft dose in autumn, for SAD"

Biophiliac (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Week 1 and 2 was hell. Week 3 and 4 was a bit better but still hell. I could not function really and I was thinking about death with some insomnia. No appetite that I lost 15 lbs. Beginning of Week 5 I felt the transition in a few hours. I put on the pants and went outside and bought a burger. I was just OK with being and I felt a transformation. I also started Bupropin for smoking a few days ago."

Frank es (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I have IBS so meds are a problem. I suffer from complicated grief and PTSD as a result of my loss. I finally consulted a psychiatrist because primary care Dr. Not knowledgeable enough. We tried five meds, at least. The best by far was Lexapro but it made the IBSD so bad it became dangerous. Now on 50 mg Zoloft generic after starting with half a 25 my pill and slowly working up. Just had flare of IBS so can't increase another half as Dr. Prescribed until it settles down. At first I thought it was working, not any more. I can't sit still, a foot is always rapidly shaking, even if I wake up during the night. I feel really hopeless and like underneath the drugs effects I'm ready to scream. Have to talk to my psych Dr."

Upstatejmf (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I am 42 years old never took AD drug before. My GF insisted that I should take it for my anger issues, nothing violent but bursting rage in a second, and feel depressed. Started to take the drug 6 months ago, for 2 weeks 50mg, after that 100 mg daily. Don't get me wrong but I don't feel any changes, my bursts are gone and depression like a normal person (daily problems thoughts). I am trying to say I feel normal :) I think it works"

krmzl May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I hope that my review can help someone who was in my shoes a month ago. I had randomly developed social anxiety. It came later on in life, and I couldn't even hold conversations with friends, family members, coworkers etc. I also felt generalized anxiety, as well as OCD. My mind was constantly going, and it deterred me from enjoying life and building relationships with others. I decided to go to therapy, and was suggested Zoloft . I was a skeptic at first, since there is such a stigma around anti-depressants and I heard so many negative reviews about Zoloft. However, I tried it and my doctor prescribed me 50mg. I fought all the side effects, but it got better! I would suggest sticking it out, because it has changed my life for the better!"

mjr202 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been on Zoloft 25-150 mg for over 2 years. This has been the BEST 2 years of your life. Let me say that it took at least 90 days to really kick in and side effects to abate. If you have spent YEARS obsessed about your every action and thought, fearful and angry, depressed the 90 days of side effects is NOTHING. NOW if you want to keep living the way you are living because of dreams, diarrhea , INITIAL loss of appetite and weight loss then so be it. Improvement takes time. I was a 10 year Paxil user. Have TRIED lithium, Prozac, Luvox, tegretol, Xanax, Valuim, Alcohol, illegal drugs, supplements, buspar, kolonopin and on and on. ZOLOFT gives me a chance at life. I am still me with growing up issues at 50 plus but man this ZOLOFT is the deal."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on 50 mg of Zoloft for 5 days. Believe it or not I feel a little better already. I got up this morning and cleaned my entire house. My mood is better with my kids and people around me. I'm not where I want to be but it's still early. My only complaint is severe gas. I can't seem to make it stop no matter what I try ( beano, gas x) but I'm gonna keep going for now. It feels good not having to fight with your own brain everyday to "try" to be or "act" happy. Good luck to everyone. :)"

Shawna Turnbough (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I wanna take the time out to thank who ever invented Zoloft. I use to be so depressed, I didn't want to be around my kids or my husband. I would tell my husband I was tired of existing. My life was turning inside out. So I knew I needed help so I talk to my doctor I explained to her what I was going through and she said Zoloft would be perfect. I didn't want to believe I needed meds but coming to find out it wasn't bad at all. I'm happy now my kids love to play with me and think I'm so cool!!! My husband who was so patient just loves all over me and he's proud I didn't give it. I'm only 28 yrs old and I feel like I'm a teen all over!!! Thanks Zoloft"

PrincessProsper April 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed Zoloft 25mg a day for Depression and Anxiety/panic attacks. I was also having severe insomnia at the time and really bad anger problems. From the first day I took Zoloft, my anger almost completely went away. I wasn't upset by things that normally annoyed me anymore. Another plus I noticed almost immediately was the lift in mood. I had great success raising my mood and lifting depression in the first few weeks of this drug. However I stopped taking Zoloft after 4 weeks because the negatives were far outweighing the positives. My insomnia and panic attacks got WAY worse, it was horrifying. I went to the ER because I had the worse panic of my life and thought I was dying. Sleep was impossible. Now I'm trying Remeron."

klee979 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been on Zoloft for about 10 weeks. 25mg the first week, 50mg a day thereafter. At week 6 I still felt lousy with depression and extreme anxiety. I did not have any side effects at all though. Then magically after the 6 week mark I overnite transformed into a social butterfly, could connect with people, had better concentration, no panic attacks at all after years of attacks, nothing was any trouble for me whereas before it was all so hard, the depression was gone and I actually felt happier than I have been since I was 20. I am 58 now. I also am physically much better than before. People have really noticed a difference and so have I. It is the best thing that ever happened to me and I wish I had been on it 30 years ago."

Babsical April 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have Bipolar I with severe depressive episodes lasting up to 16 months. Zoloft was a last ditch effort to improve my depression; I was formerly on Luvox and found it too sedating and less effective after being on it for over a decade. So far, I have had 15 days without severe depression after being on Zoloft for one month. I think it's working. I am tired but I am not sure if that is the Zoloft or something else as I am on several medications for psychiatric problems."

Liz89 April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have had what I see as pretty bad social anxiety, to the point where I look back and realize how much life I have missed out on. It took me a while to actually become aware of it, but for some time now I have been dwelling on it since it makes it super hard to make friends. So, I usually see myself as not having very effective medications (such as SSRIs) for depression/anxiety etc. Either that, or it's hard to notice improvement. I specifically wanted to go on a medication for my social anxiety so my doctor ended up putting me on zoloft and I love it...I can actually see improvement and I have even made a friend. It's to the point where I feel like I can notice myself being more anxious when I forget to take it at the beginning of the day"

tayyy321 April 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I had depression and anxiety since 2 years . Tried prozac and from 3rd pill it was terrible ! Severe headache ! Changed to zoloft and started increasing dose gradually from 12.5 till 25 then 50 . Noticed improvement in about 1-2 month . I recommend this drug . Tried to stop it 2 month ago and I relapsed so am taking it now again hoping it could work again .. However my insomnia is killing me !!!!"

Anonymous 12345 April 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "It's nothing. This did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't even have any side-effects, it was like taking a sugar pill or a placebo."

voskhod (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft for 7 months now and it has really improved my life. The first few weeks were absolutely BRUTAL. Couldn't focus, super dizzy, nausea, more depressed, etc. However, I stuck with it and after about a month, the depression started to get much better. Of course, I still have my days (who doesn't?) but I would highly recommend trying Zoloft if you can get through the first few weeks. It truly has changed my life for the better."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've had a lot of success with Zoloft both as an antidepressant and for generalized anxiety disorder. It has worked for me for almost 2 years now and has really kept my symptoms under control. I'm of very small weight and sensitive to medications, so 25 mg works for me reasonably well. I have had to up my dosage to 50mg during times of high stress and it has helped so much. The only side effects I have experienced were a little nausea, some apathy, and insomnia. Other than that, I have tolerated this medication very well. It helps me put things into perspective and stops me from my having such negative, anxiety ridden thinking patterns. It helps me live in the moment and takes away a lot of my worries. I would definitely recommend."

FLGAL (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "My recommendation - if you have a panic disorder, get on situational meds like klonopin or xanax. This may not be a wise decision if you have an addiction problem/addictive personality, but klonopin saved my life. Before klonopin, though, I took zoloft. Zoloft made me incredibly sick and very depressed. I have never had depression, only the panic disorder. Situational meds reminded me what it felt like to be normal, and after awhile I was able to mimic that normalcy on my own."

kales April 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "My original post was 10/2/16-had great results immediately on 50mg daily. I am able to hold down a full time job that I love, which was impossible prior to Zoloft. Rarely have anxiety anymore, my relationship with my husband has improved, and the constant "internal storm" is gone. At 51, I finally feel HAPPY!!! Keep trying everyone!"

AnneJay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I began taking Zoloft in March 2015 after testing Lexapro and Prozac. My SA/MDD improved, but I still had a lot of trouble with socializing and suicidal thoughts, so I decided to quit taking it and also switched to online schooling. Around Jan. 2016, I noticed I was getting worse and finally decided to go back on the medication. I started 25mg with no change. Slowly began increasing it to my current dose of 100mg combined with 5-15mg Buspirone (previously .25mg Xanax) and this is the worst I've ever been. I have nearly every side effect, even suicidal thoughts, and I have a panic attack just thinking of leaving my home and being around people. Definitely switching to something else soon."

beedee05 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Just to sum things up. I'm 18 years old. Started with prozac and went to full dose. Was on prozac for about 1 year at max dose (60mg), but it helped little. I took 50mg Zoloft for 5 weeks. Did see a change in my Anxiety, were it down somewhat. Now I've been on 100mg Zoloft for 3 days, and I have started to get dizzy sometimes at the day. I also have depression and OCD. It has not helped anything with the depression, the anxiety have become somewhat less and my OCD feels worse (do not know if this is a side effect). 4 weeks from now I will up to 150mg Zoloft, if the 100mg shows little improvements. My doctor says after full dose of Zoloft, there will be the option to try Cipralex. Im rather for trying CBD (medicinal cannabis)."

Martin 16y March 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Worked very well for intrusive thoughts OCD for 5 months and then when I missed dosages and tried starting back on it again it stopped working. Other than that I had no problems with Zoloft."

Sean0810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression "A game-changer for me and as a result, my family. I felt panicked, angry and had racing thoughts. Within a few days I was more calm, within weeks I was relaxed and could think rationally rather than be anxious. I've continued to take it as I just feel so much better as a result."

Postpartum and thensome March 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started on 25mg and went up to 50mg/day for a relapse of pure-obsessional OCD. It took about a month for it to start working but this drug in combination with learning the principles of Exposure Response Prevention Therapy (ERP Therapy) - a type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) have allowed me to regain control of my mind. The depression that came with the relapse vanished in two weeks, anxiety and intrusive thoughts slowly dissipated/reduced in intensity about a month afterwards. I feel normal again and I couldn't be happier. If you're one of the unlucky folks who have been blessed with OCD, give sertraline (Zoloft) a shot. Just make sure to combine it with therapy otherwise it won't be as effective."

duderino March 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed Zoloft 10 years ago when I went through a very stressful experience and started having panic attacks & depression I found Zoloft to be fantastic; a true 'happy pill'! Within a month, life felt like living again, my panic attacks ceased, I was far better able to cope with my circumstances at the time, and I was able to stop taking it a few months later. I took it again a year later on the advice of a doctor, who suggested it for my chronic irritable bowel syndrome; unfortunately it did not work for this condition. However, I mistakenly stopped taking Zoloft suddenly instead of gradually reducing the dose, and began having severe hypnic jerks at night , which are a known side effect."

SandyKatz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This is my third day on Zoloft. The symptoms are like a roller coaster. 50mg/day. I feel like I'm on speed. No appetite, can't sleep, wake up shaky, have the sweats with a light headache and now today I can't get out of bed and my vision is weird... Everything I've read online says these are normal and one day I'll wake up and feel like a million bucks. I hope this is the case because these side effect are super weird."

ZoloftuserofAL (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017