User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 4)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Depression 410 reviews 79 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1046 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft for 7 months now and it has really improved my life. The first few weeks were absolutely BRUTAL. Couldn't focus, super dizzy, nausea, more depressed, etc. However, I stuck with it and after about a month, the depression started to get much better. Of course, I still have my days (who doesn't?) but I would highly recommend trying Zoloft if you can get through the first few weeks. It truly has changed my life for the better."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've had a lot of success with Zoloft both as an antidepressant and for generalized anxiety disorder. It has worked for me for almost 2 years now and has really kept my symptoms under control. I'm of very small weight and sensitive to medications, so 25 mg works for me reasonably well. I have had to up my dosage to 50mg during times of high stress and it has helped so much. The only side effects I have experienced were a little nausea, some apathy, and insomnia. Other than that, I have tolerated this medication very well. It helps me put things into perspective and stops me from my having such negative, anxiety ridden thinking patterns. It helps me live in the moment and takes away a lot of my worries. I would definitely recommend."

FLGAL (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "My recommendation - if you have a panic disorder, get on situational meds like klonopin or xanax. This may not be a wise decision if you have an addiction problem/addictive personality, but klonopin saved my life. Before klonopin, though, I took zoloft. Zoloft made me incredibly sick and very depressed. I have never had depression, only the panic disorder. Situational meds reminded me what it felt like to be normal, and after awhile I was able to mimic that normalcy on my own."

kales April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "My original post was 10/2/16-had great results immediately on 50mg daily. I am able to hold down a full time job that I love, which was impossible prior to Zoloft. Rarely have anxiety anymore, my relationship with my husband has improved, and the constant "internal storm" is gone. At 51, I finally feel HAPPY!!! Keep trying everyone!"

AnneJay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I began taking Zoloft in March 2015 after testing Lexapro and Prozac. My SA/MDD improved, but I still had a lot of trouble with socializing and suicidal thoughts, so I decided to quit taking it and also switched to online schooling. Around Jan. 2016, I noticed I was getting worse and finally decided to go back on the medication. I started 25mg with no change. Slowly began increasing it to my current dose of 100mg combined with 5-15mg Buspirone (previously .25mg Xanax) and this is the worst I've ever been. I have nearly every side effect, even suicidal thoughts, and I have a panic attack just thinking of leaving my home and being around people. Definitely switching to something else soon."

beedee05 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Just to sum things up. I'm 18 years old. Started with prozac and went to full dose. Was on prozac for about 1 year at max dose (60mg), but it helped little. I took 50mg Zoloft for 5 weeks. Did see a change in my Anxiety, were it down somewhat. Now I've been on 100mg Zoloft for 3 days, and I have started to get dizzy sometimes at the day. I also have depression and OCD. It has not helped anything with the depression, the anxiety have become somewhat less and my OCD feels worse (do not know if this is a side effect). 4 weeks from now I will up to 150mg Zoloft, if the 100mg shows little improvements. My doctor says after full dose of Zoloft, there will be the option to try Cipralex. Im rather for trying CBD (medicinal cannabis)."

Martin 16y March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Worked very well for intrusive thoughts OCD for 5 months and then when I missed dosages and tried starting back on it again it stopped working. Other than that I had no problems with Zoloft."

Sean0810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression "A game-changer for me and as a result, my family. I felt panicked, angry and had racing thoughts. Within a few days I was more calm, within weeks I was relaxed and could think rationally rather than be anxious. I've continued to take it as I just feel so much better as a result."

Postpartum and thensome March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started on 25mg and went up to 50mg/day for a relapse of pure-obsessional OCD. It took about a month for it to start working but this drug in combination with learning the principles of Exposure Response Prevention Therapy (ERP Therapy) - a type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) have allowed me to regain control of my mind. The depression that came with the relapse vanished in two weeks, anxiety and intrusive thoughts slowly dissipated/reduced in intensity about a month afterwards. I feel normal again and I couldn't be happier. If you're one of the unlucky folks who have been blessed with OCD, give sertraline (Zoloft) a shot. Just make sure to combine it with therapy otherwise it won't be as effective."

duderino March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed Zoloft 10 years ago when I went through a very stressful experience and started having panic attacks & depression I found Zoloft to be fantastic; a true 'happy pill'! Within a month, life felt like living again, my panic attacks ceased, I was far better able to cope with my circumstances at the time, and I was able to stop taking it a few months later. I took it again a year later on the advice of a doctor, who suggested it for my chronic irritable bowel syndrome; unfortunately it did not work for this condition. However, I mistakenly stopped taking Zoloft suddenly instead of gradually reducing the dose, and began having severe hypnic jerks at night , which are a known side effect."

SandyKatz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This is my third day on Zoloft. The symptoms are like a roller coaster. 50mg/day. I feel like I'm on speed. No appetite, can't sleep, wake up shaky, have the sweats with a light headache and now today I can't get out of bed and my vision is weird... Everything I've read online says these are normal and one day I'll wake up and feel like a million bucks. I hope this is the case because these side effect are super weird."

ZoloftuserofAL (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have tried several antidepressants, but nothing seemed to work. However, I started Zoloft about a week ago, and I am officially sold on it. It makes me feel more optimistic about life. I'm enjoying life more minus all of the worrying. I think it must be working because my 7 year old told my 10 year old that "mom's acting weird, she's being really nice","

Babydoll77 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "These reviews helped me so much when I first started Zoloft over 5 weeks ago that I wanted to post my experience. After several weeks of increasingly worsening panic attacks at work, I ended up in the hospital. A year ago my psych Dr switched me from cymbalta to a mood stabilizer and things were good until November as stress at work increased. I was depending on too much bromazepam to get through the day. My GP started me on 50 mg of Zoloft and my anxiety was so bad also tremors for 4 weeks I was sure I would have to quit working or cut my hours. But this Monday on week 5 was amazing. I still have some anxiety but I seem to be able to handle it now. It's like I have my confidence back. Good luck!"

Dentalhygienist68 March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Hi. I felt like posting here because I saw multiple reviews by people who had taken Zoloft for a few days, or a few weeks, and had bad experiences. I wanted to say that, though everyone is different, it will take at least a month or two before you start to feel "better" on any Anxiety med. Also, probably starting with a small dose and working your way up after several weeks would be a good idea. My GP told me to take half a pill, then go to a full pill after a week, which is crazy, and I had just about every side effect and dizziness for the first month. The second time around with Zoloft, I took one fourth of my pill, and ramped up every four days. If you have side effects, know that this is normal, and you will feel better soon."

Sleepy22116 March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Gave one star to Zoloft for its effort, but really it deserves zero stars from my experience. I was on Remeron, then Cipralex (Lexapro for American users) for almost a year and when it stopped working I decided to go with Zoloft after reading good reviews. Zoloft slowly turned me into the worst version of myself. Constant anger, irritation, nausea, no appetite, no motivation, and man the heart burn was unreal. And the list goes on and on. I took it for a week at 25mg and 3 weeks at 50mg to give it a shot but I had to stop because I was just falling apart. I am currently on Effexor, its been almost a week and it is slowly putting me back together from the Zoloft disaster."

rsb19 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "UPDATE! I wanted to share my experience once again. I posted on here a little while ago about how I couldn't sleep on Zoloft, only 3 hours then I would wake up every 30-45 min. So I took a brief drug holiday for 2 days and started back on it to give it another try. I literally took 6.25mg and the first few nights were fine, but then after about 4 days I started waking up super early in the morning and I could not fall back asleep. It wasn't the worst possible case scenario, but I still felt like I wasn't sleeping enough and I was still tired through out the day. So waking up early again this morning I have decided that I am done with antidepressants. I have tried 3 now, and none of them have worked."

NurseAshley (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Zoloft actually changed my life. It's helped me cope with every day situations in an non reactive way. My thoughts have calmed down and my anxiety is minimal. I've actually lost 15 lbs on Zoloft. I started on 50mg and now I'm up to 200mg per day. I've been on it for about a year now and I like that it doesn't numb everything or make me super emotional or tired. I'm very well balanced. I just wish I could sleep better."

Fanni (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been on this medication for two days and I have had a significant improvement in obsessive thoughts and my anxiety. I had insomnia last night, but I heard that subsides. I have tons of energy and want to go do things I had lost interest in doing. I don't know if this is just going to be in the beginning, but I have read it only gets better. I have a little nausea, but I have stomach problems as well so I'm used to it. I will put an update later on. I am going to stick this out! update: two weeks on zoloft and my OCD going insane. going to up to 50mg tomorrow. will update."

xoxobecca619 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Stick it out. I was so hesitant to explore perscription medication, instead of the more natural methods. Eventually when I couldn't take it anymore I began Zoloft. The first month I was taking 50mg, and was slowly upped to 100mg. The side effects I experienced were really terrible- increased anxiety for a few weeks... and I crapped my pants... but I promise, it was worth it. Now I'm 6 months on Zoloft and I don't suffer from social anxiety at nearly the same level as before. I feel much more confident speaking in front of groups and just being myself. I also feel less depressed. I think that people often experience the terrible side effects and give up on the drug, but if you're willing to suffer through, sertraline may really help you."

Sarah12653 March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Tinnitus that is constant. Loud all the time and gets louder occasionally. It drives me crazy to the point of wanting to get off zoloft. I ask every Dr I see if anything can be done for tinnitus. Answer is always no. Is it this medication? Anyone with tinnitus will understand. I also have various problems urinating and sexual stuff. Thank you for giving me this forum."

Jeff626 March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "started zoloft 25mg but was told to brake in half for three days then go to the 25mg for two weeks then to 50mg , the first week was hell!!! Was throwing up none stop, horrible diarrhea made my anxiety so much worse, I weighed 85 pounds and went down to 73, was in and out of the er because I needed fluids, after week too I could tell my depression was better but my anxiety was still bad got to the point I couldn't leave my bed, my son missed basketball games had to have my mom go to the store for me, after week 3 on the 50mg doctor prescribed me xanax (one a day if needed) it helped a lot with my anxiety but my side effects keep getting worse so the doctor got me off the zoloft, a lot better now off the zoloft and haven't had anxiety in a week,"

Lizzybear1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Works great but you'll never sleep the same again. I can sleep for about 3 hours per night and then I'm up every 30-45 minutes after that. Always the same thing every night around the same time, 3am wake up eyes wide open and often cannot fall back sleep. Hardly ever enter REM sleep due to the frequent awakenings. I'm exhausted all day, every day, but hey I'm happy right? WRONG! I need sleep to function. Stopped taking it. Other side effects: dry mouth, decreased appetite, tremors, dilated pupils the size of Texas, CONSTANT HEADACHE, decreased sensation with orgasm. There has to be another way to deal with anxiety and panic attacks, right?!?!"

NurseACH March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Today is day 14 on Zoloft. It's been a rough 2 weeks with the only side effects being heightened anxiety & panic. Now I'm past the first two weeks I should start to feel some improvement right?? I'm currently relying on lorazepam to function."

Sar70 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Developed deep depression. Resisted drugs for a while. GP recommended zoloft. First four weeks were hell then it has been excellent.The best I have felt for years. In Australia so drug very cheap. $13 dollars for month"

Big Australian A March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "If you are scrolling through 1000's of reviews like I was, this one is for you. I started Zoloft three weeks ago for Major Depression and overwhelming anxiety and panic attacks. I started at 25mg for a week, then up to 50mg. Initially, I felt a million times worse, constant panic attacks, increase in suicidal intrusive thoughts, deep depression. But, after just 1 week at 50mg, I noticed a difference in mood, and it's been better and better since. Fight through the initial worsening of symptoms if you can! I asked for xanax to help me get through it. It definitely gets worse before it gets better for some people, but it was 100% worth it for me! I also had slight nausea, a sore neck, and some dizziness that all seem to be subsiding."

Babylady83 March 2, 2017