User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 4)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Major Depressive Disorder 57 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1023 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Major Depressive Disorder "Developed deep depression. Resisted drugs for a while. GP recommended zoloft. First four weeks were hell then it has been excellent.The best I have felt for years. In Australia so drug very cheap. $13 dollars for month"

Big Australian A March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "If you are scrolling through 1000's of reviews like I was, this one is for you. I started Zoloft three weeks ago for Major Depression and overwhelming anxiety and panic attacks. I started at 25mg for a week, then up to 50mg. Initially, I felt a million times worse, constant panic attacks, increase in suicidal intrusive thoughts, deep depression. But, after just 1 week at 50mg, I noticed a difference in mood, and it's been better and better since. Fight through the initial worsening of symptoms if you can! I asked for xanax to help me get through it. It definitely gets worse before it gets better for some people, but it was 100% worth it for me! I also had slight nausea, a sore neck, and some dizziness that all seem to be subsiding."

Babylady83 March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft changed my life completely and I feel "normal" pretty much all of the time. I was too phobic to try it and for 15 yrs I suffered. I wish it didn't have to happen that way. I started literally on 6.25 mg so afraid I'd get ill. Went up to 12.5 then 25 and so on. I'm now on 150mg and have had zero side effects. If you're like me and phobic of meds, start on a baby dose. Even when the doc looks at you weird, just do it your way for you. You want the lowest effective dose anyway right? Start small and tell yourself this will help and not hurt you before you take it. Each day it gets easier. Best wishes for a better life."

Happy finally (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took 75 mg for 3 weeks and it didn't really move the needle for my depression. I thought around day 3 I felt a little better, but after that it was pretty much back to being depressed as I had been before. I did feel like I was less easily angered by things, which was nice. It did not help my social anxiety very much or at all. Side effects were not too bad. A little drowsiness the first few days. Some ringing in the ears. Decreased libido the first couple of weeks. The doctor has changed me over to Cymbalta, so we'll see if that works any better. I had high hopes for Zoloft, but I guess it just didn't work for me."

TheBurritoKing (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I'm 18 and have been on Zoloft 50 mg for about a week now after the first couple days I felt like it makes my anxiety and panic attacks worse should I go to higher dose or change to something else? First day or 2 got really aggressive thoughts and couldn't sleep but each day got easier! I smoke weed everyday and the weed makes me get anxiety but the Zoloft tires to fight it and I feel like I'm trapped in my body with even worse anxiety. I feel sad as on the inside but no one would even tell when I'm with them it's like all my feelings are trapped inside me if that makes sense any help anyone?"

Tyroneranger February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I normally never post reviews of any kind, however this review is different for me. Not only is it very personal to me, but I hope that in sharing my story it can also help someone see the light at the end of the tunnel. After a brief medical scare my anxiety rose to an all time high causing severe panic attacks and making me emotionally unrecognizable. I was afraid of doing normal, everyday things that I otherwise wouldn't have thought about and also scared myself into thinking I had some sort of heart related issues. Long story short, zoloft resulted in a 180 change for me in less < 6 wks. I started the first week off with 1/2 of a 50 mg tabl and then a whole. Very thankful for giving this life changing medicine a chance. Never lose hope"

Starbrightx (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I was going through absolute hell. Dark days was effecting my Family life and work. The Man inside of me said keep going, but I couldn't. I pulled into the Doctors office contemplating going up stairs to the office (anxiety). I felt weak asking for Male advise from my Male Doc? I told the Doctor about my previous experiences on SSRI's and how they made my mood worse. He prescribed me 50mg of Zoloft and after 5-6 weeks, I was me again. It doesn't feel drug induced, it just kicks your bad thoughts completely. No ill side effects. But thats my story!"

MileHigher Ty (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Most notable change is my appetite. I've been athletic my whole life, but gained 40 pounds in one year of from compulsive binge eating. I thought I was just being a pig, which perpetuated the horrible cycle of depression and anxiety. Turns out I was just really, really low on seratonin. The cravings / irrational food addiction went completely away at around 75mgs. Now I have to make an effort to eat enough to fuel an active lifestyle. Stress and anxiety and depression subsided gradually. They're not completely gone, but they're manageable now. Combined with a healthy life style and some intense therapy, I'm able to overcome bouts of anxiety and depression, and those bouts are shorter and less severe. A tool, not a magic pill."

Nikiana February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft worked AWESOME for my extreme anxiety and major depression. It worked for many years but eventually (as all good things do), it stopped working as well and once my dosage couldn't go any higher, I had to start the whole process of finding the right medication and the right "cocktail" for me. Again, I'd like to reiterate that Zoloft SAVED MY LIFE for MANY YEARS and only had to stop talking bc after about 7-10 years I guess my body didn't continue to respond like it used to."

MaryKrazy1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Was on lexapro 20mg one a day for year thought I would try something different Dr said try Zoloft 50 mg a day OMG what a mistake. First week bad dreams, rash, itchy, dizziness no sex drive etc. terrible not for me going back on lexapro."

Jerseyguy19 February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Well I think that it has help with my anger. however not really my depression. People say I'm a lot better but I'm still down inside. Don't really know if there is a real cure for depression."

Zedy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "My internist prescribed me 25mg of Zoloft daily as an alternative to Wellbutrin. The side effects were not worth the benefit for me. In the seven weeks I faithfully used the med I suffered from severe fatigue, inability to orgasm, weight gain, acne, and chest heaviness. As a thirty-something, in-shape mother of two, I have zero time for naps so, fatigue was not a livable option for me. I'm actually really surprised by the weight gain as I hit the gym daily. The pros of this medicine would be: my sweet tooth was non-existent. That's probably it."

DFWmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Zoloft is a fantastic AD. It gave me motivation and helped me get back out there into my life. It didn't work that well for anxiety, but your mileage may vary. Even switching up as little as 50mg would bring back the "punch" if it "pooped out." Highly recommend."

Psychtraveler (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I had awful panic attacks and getting through the day was unbearable. I was put on Paxil and had thoughts of suicide almost instantly. My doctor prescribed Zoloft 50mg and the side effects were uncomfortable, so I started taking half of tablet and it has done wonders for me. I am now taking 25mg daily and I am slowly feeling like myself again."

Lana1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Took this for anxiety and depression but found out later that I actually had severe PMDD. I had to stop taking Zoloft after six months due to bad vertigo but it definitely helped the PMDD symptoms. Switched to venlafaxine and found that to be great, but first three days are so hard. Headaches, low mood, heavy feeling in head and body. It worked though. Zoloft also fixed my restless leg syndrome which had not responded to any other treatment."

Mummy bear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Took Zoloft for depression and anxiety and was on it for about six months. It absolutely helped and I felt less anxious almost immediately. But I stopped taking it due to increasing negative side effects. I have learned through my journey that other people's experiences of these kinds of meds are no real indication of how it will be for you personally. But sometimes it helps to share. Just take everything with a grain of salt. Zoloft negatives: constant yawning, first three days you feel so unwell you think you'll never be ok again. Also, inability to have an orgasm, which lasted about three months and then I was fine. Serious vertigo that got so bad I had to stop taking it. Tried venlafaxine and Prozac with better results."

Mummy bear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Only day three but the physical stress symptoms are totally gone. To be honest though the physical tremors the weird yawning are rather unnerving but I am sure they will die down. I will comment each week for four weeks to update."

Freaky deeky (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Was switching from 40mg of Celexa to 100mg of Zoloft. Felt great first two weeks. Then it was pure hell after that. I ended up with Serotonin syndrome during the switch. Ok. Gave the drug a good 8 weeks. Couldn't sleep. Was way too activating. Made me feel trapped in a constant state of anxiety and panic. Zaps in my fingers and toes. My children at one point asked if I was high because of the way I was acting. I couldn't even get a coherent thought out. The last day I took Zoloft I can't even remember I was so out of it. Not the drug for me. Those shouldn't persuade you from trying it as many of these meds are hit and miss."

Sc00bs (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've suffered from all four (Panic/ anxiety/depression/bad thoughts) for 7 years I've never had panic attacks like I do now, I'm finding myself on the internet searching about panic/anxiety attacks how are they cause what causes them, searching more into the answer I got then searching more in to that answer I got and so on, it's to the point I'm scared to eat because I'm scared of having something to spike an attacks, try to avoid leaving my house let along the living room, my doctor gave me zoloft 25mg and I'm so scared to take it, what if it makes me worse what if it don't work, what if something happens while I have my kids alone, can I od, will I get addicted feel like I'm going crazy"

Alyssa M February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "It's so difficult looking at reviews because so many are negative. I have moderate depression and generalized anxiety disorder. I started taking antidepressants pretty young maybe 6th or 7th grade. I took lexapro, Prozac, and something else before I got on Zoloft. I just recently got off Zoloft to see how I'd do without it and so far I've been okay. Anyways, Zoloft was practically a life saver for me. I'm not sure if I have experienced any of the side effects, but if I have they obviously didn't make much of a difference. This review is here to say don't be scared to take Zoloft it might be the perfect drug for ya!"

Happychick98 February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I took Zoloft consistently for about three months and it was the hardest three months of my life. It made my depression significantly worse. I thought if I stuck with it for a while it would eventually help me but it didn't. It did help with my anxiety though. As soon as I stopped taking any antidepressant my anxiety sky rocketed and I was able to beat my depression by finding God. I hope this helps whoever is reading this. Stay strong."

Ryan2224 February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Took 100 mg daily for over 10 years and it did nothing to take care of the problems I explained to my doctor. Every time I advised my doctor it wasn't working he increased the dosage but never did it relieve my panic, tremor or social anxiety disorder. Feeling I no longer wanted to take it for these reasons they refused to help me get off it so I did it by myself over several months and had severe withdrawal panics. I had suicidal thoughts and attempts but why should a person take a medication that doesn't help with the problem."

PSFri February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I feel very difficult when taking Zoloft at 25mg. for about ten days then 50mg. afterwards. I primarily take it for stress, anxiety, and depression. Once I was told by a psychiatrist that I could have PMDD even though I haven't been diagnosed with the condition by a gynecologist, it's because I would have severe crying spells days before my period so severe that I wouldn't stop crying, and I would feel extremely sensitive emotionally. I still cry a little before I get period sometimes, but the medication I take seems to work well to keep my nerves calm. In addition I have bipolar depression, PTSD, social anxiety, and ADD/ADHD. Ritalin is another medication that I also take."

AshleyNave100 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started Zoloft because I was struggling with obsessive, repetitive thoughts about bad things happening to my children which made me anxious all the time. The first 3 weeks were hell. Even the Klonopin the doctor gave me to get through it didn't help. It felt like my anxiety levels tripled. I could barely function. Between weeks 4-5 I transitioned to just feeling as anxious as I had been before. Then it felt like a balloon was inflating inside my head (in a good way), and the anxious thoughts were bouncing off the balloon instead of being allowed to collect and swirl around torturing me. Then I started having moments of feeling GOOD. And those moments grew into my new reality. My anxiety is 90% better. Zoloft gave me a new life."

MuchHappier (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "HELLO world, Writing a review cause 'Im just like you scrolling thru, I wanted to share my experience with this medicine, first things first this DOES NOT work right away it takes about a month or two For me at least to kick in, so do not stop after like a week unless you have horrible side effects. I satrted from 20mg all the way to 100mg. Helps a lot with S.A , G.A.D and depression, and as well as Agoraphobia Panic attacks are gone, Still get anxious but a normal nervousness not overwhelming, no more crying spells.. This Medicine won't Cure Mental Illness but it definitely HELPS! %u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764" Give it a Try, & always keep ya head up! ! if it doesn't work you can always keep trying other SSRI's that will help your everyday life!"

Quest. (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2017