User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 4)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Depression 336 reviews 79 medications

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 828 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I've been taking 50mg of this daily for 2 weeks and I'm pleasantly surprised. I've only ever taken one other medication for my depression before this so I wasn't sure what to expect. I feel "normal". I don't know how else to explain it. I'm not panicking over small things or dwelling on problems I can't fix as much. My depression and anxiety makes me kind of hot head and I snap at people out of the blue but this medication seems to be helping. The only negative side effects I've had so far are slight nausea and dry mouth. I'm going to continue to take this and I recommend talking to your doctor to see if it could possibly work for you."

DW93 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication really helped my anxiety and depression. I felt so much better--but it came with a cost. This medication gave me severe Hypoglycemia. I am not diabetic thankfully but on this medication it made my blood sugar drop severely low where I would almost pass out at work (and I work in a factory). So I'm sure you can imagine how awful I felt. It's a catch 22. I felt better with my anxiety but then I got severe blood sugar drops. So I'm off it now and have to start all over again on a new medication. If this medicine works for you then great, I envy you. This made me so sick I couldn't stand it. So if you take this medication and start getting severely low blood sugar (you'll know trust me) stop taking it!"

Cheyenne882 March 7, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I am 6 days into Sertraline 50mg for panic disorder and want to reassure anyone who is terrified of starting this drug because they've read about all the terrible side effects, just as I was. I am a 23yr old female suffering from this for 8 years. Various therapies have helped but I keep relapsing. Last week I gave in and spoke to my Dr about meds. The first night I panicked because I was so scared of the side effects, which turned out to be mild at worst. Insomnia the first night, day 2 mild headache + slight diarrhea, and slight nausea on day 3+4, also loss of appetite. Overall, it felt like a mild hangover. I have felt slight anxiety at times, but it subsides quickly and doesn't develop. I'm feeling calmer already not even a week in!"

Cleo1992 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2016

For Panic Disorder "It's been over a year now that I've been on Zoloft. I take 200 mg a day and I still cannot believe how much my life has changed/improved!! I am 36 years old and had been suffering from severe panic attacks, anxiety, and agoraphobia for almost 15 years...it was a complete challenge to get to work and even imagine a day without the feeling of anxiety from literally the time I woke up until I went to bed.. .I wasn't enjoying life at all, I was just existing. I had absolutely no control of my own conscious!! I finally decided that I had to try a prescription or else I would let this take over what little life I had completely! I started Zoloft on 25mg and worked up to the max of 200mg over about three months. It was the best decision ever!"

Winnie333 March 5, 2016

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "So far this drug has saved my life. After experiencing a traumatic experience I spiralled into a heavy depression coupled with anxiety. It's only been one week and I'm no longer crying daily and the hopeless feeling is subsiding. It's also helped stopped the obsessive thoughts I've been having about the traumatic event."

Lizbee1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Okay first of all! It will work! You need to give it time. Don't search up how long it will work that gives you more anxiety! Mine took a while to work. I was originally on 50mg and my appetite was getting better. But after 3 weeks my sleep still wasn't better and I had to up my dose to 100mg. I am starting to sleep normally again after taking this for 6 weeks! I really do fully feel like my self and I'm not waking up with panic anymore. It makes you feel so good to the point that you feel so normal that you'll be wondering if you don't need to take it anymore. I fortunately only get anxiety because I'm in school. So I hope to taper off of it after I'm done with school!"

Nursing School Problems (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I been on Zoloft for almost a month an I started on 25mg the first 1 to 2 weeks were ok I had mild nausea heart racing insomnia but went away start working but when I up my dose to 50 mg nausea burning stomach gas running to the bathroom I hope this feeling goes away soon scared."

Babylionhead March 4, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This med works for anxiety but....I have been on sooo many meds. I need it more for anxiety than depression and that is why I chose Zoloft. It does work for the anxiety only. Problem after taking it for a couple years is my sleep is so disrupted, I clench my jaw so bad that when I wake up I have headaches, as well as my body. I find myself all clenched up in a ball and then my body is sore from being tense, and feel foggy headed. Newest problem is memory issues. I guess it is this meds. The sex was affected some... no weight gain. Of course when you start any medicine, you have the normal, sweating, nauseous, dray mouth, but those things go away. You have to give all medicines time to work!!! I am going to wean off & onto Cymbalta"

ECJames March 3, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I have been on Zoloft for 6 months 100mg a day. It worked great for me. Then out of the blue I started feel bad again like I felt before I started Zoloft. Low energy & borderline anxiety attacks all day every day."

britney31915 March 1, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I can say this medication works... I do not write reviews but I been that person on the net looking for answers for PMDD. I had all the signs of PMDD but most Doctors don't address mental issues during your well woman exam. I spoke with a NP one day and she listen. Zoloft work instantly... I feel normal for once in 9 years. I feel level headed. I hated the person I was.. I was mean and unapologetic. I was emotional wreck. I could cry at a drop of a hat. Zoloft takes that agitation and highs/lows away. If your pms is extreme get help, it's pmdd don't stop until you find a doctor that will listen. Zoloft might not be part of your success story but don't stop until you get your happy ending."

TexasGurl February 27, 2016

For Depression "Zoloft has given me the last leap I need to heal my mind. I have been struggling with severe anxiety, insomnia and bouts of depression for 3 years. While I have been off work into therapy and other means of rehabilitation, for the first time in years I actually feel calmer most the time, and mostly happy. I'm so grateful. It's been trial and error and a slow process, but I know my self-care is my main priority now. See more of my story:mental-health-matters-a-womans-story-of-the-struggle. Good luck to all."

Unimatrix1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I've been on Zoloft since I was 21 and I'm now 31. One day I woke up with intense crying, depression, anxiety , fear of family and friends dying and self harm . My personality is one of a very happy go lucky girl and I refused to live with this nightmare. So my doctor put me on 50mg Zoloft. It took about a month for it to work and I had the tiredness, yawning , feeling completely out of it , to waking up and feeling amazing . I have tried to come off Zoloft throughout the years and man the side affects suck ! Intense anxiety, feels like your brain is exploding and vertigo. If you do decide to come off make sure you're under the supervision of your doctor. To this day zoloft has helped me and I will be on this for the rest of my life."

Kristin84 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 25, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I Have been on this medication for over a year. Was prescribed 50mg by my doctor due to severe anxiety and panic disorder. I have since not had a single severe panic attack, it also helped a little with my social anxiety. However, it takes longer to reach orgasm and I am only in the mood at nighttime and I have gained 40 pounds and I seem to lack motivation, I also feel like the effects are slowly wearing off so I may have to up the dose slightly or switch to a new medication. I had no initial side effects. I think this medicine works a lot better for anxiety than depression."

Worrierobsessed February 23, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I'm 24 years old and have suffered anxiety and Panic disorder now for 2 years. Unfortunately my diagnosis was not made until 6 months ago and before that I was severely stuffed around by the medical profession making my Panic and anxiety that much worse. I'm on to day 16 of this medication and i'm hoping it is yet to take full effect. I have definitely noticed an improvement as I haven't had a full blown attack for 2 weeks however I still think of them and feel them coming on daily, this may well be a habitual thing though and from what I've read it can take 4-6 weeks so i'm feeling hopeful. I had all the side effects but these were easy compared to the panic attacks I was experiencing. I'll check in soon to see if that switch has flicked:)"

Chrissypie February 23, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Hi everyone. I am recently a new user of zoloft. I am in the process of weaning off the current antidepressant pristiq, which I feel has been not helping me...so my therapist recommended zoloft. She had me start by weaning off pristiq by taking my full dosage and half dosage of zoloft and by week 4 I'll be completely off pristiq and on zoloft. I'm curious how everyone feels about zolof...their side affects, improvements etc. I suffer from anxiety attacks and slight depression."

missteecpa333000 February 22, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Yo so I was prescribed Zoloft for Depression, Adult Major Depressive Disorder, and PTSD. It has only been a couple months so maybe I'm not one to judge yet. I guess I feel okay. Like I feel less extremely depressed, I'm still a sad girl tho, and honestly I feel like I could stop and feel pretty much the same. Although withdrawals are a bitch. There have been weekends where I have left my pills somewhere or not gotten a re-up from my doc and believe me my boyfriend, friends, and fam can all tell something is up when i'm not on my meds. I'm just quicker to react to shit and not really okay and feel kinda insane. I'm getting off Zoloft now. I wouldn't say it was bad I just need more help. I didn't feel motivated to do anything ever. soo... :/ yah"

turbur (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Took this for 6 to 8 weeks. Attempted suicide twice while on it. Sometimes this medicine works great for some, but for me, it made me a lot worse."

Kay_22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed Zoloft for depression anxiety and OCD. I was excited to take it. My parents kept me on the holistic lifestyle growing up so I was ready for something to really work for me. Seeing how severe my depression and anxiety were is in my adulthood I decided to try it. 1st day I thought I knew what I was in for but once I experienced it- it was strange it's a very strong drug. felt good initially. It was working and I felt happier like my mind was fixing itself. I noticed how dark of a place I was in. 2nd day I started feeling the negative side effects like feeling tired and restless at the same time which is an awkward and horrible feeling and my anxiety got worse. Also dizzy and ringing ears. I may go back on it but I'm checking w my dr."

Jennycar (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Hello everyone!! I had been suffering from chest pain for about 3 years. I had all kinds of tests done and they all have come out normal. This chest pain was interfering with my everyday life. I started avoiding many things that I thought would contribute to my chest pain all with no success. My doctor then said that it was anxiety. He prescribed zoloft and I was really hesitant to take it. I have never been on an antidepressant and I was afraid. Well today is my 6th day on it and I already feel an improvement. I haven't had any side effects well only the 1st night I couldn't sleep but all is well now. I don't want to be on this for ever. I am planning on taking it for 6 months. I highly recommend Zoloft. I am on 50mg daily."

Kika P February 15, 2016

For Panic Disorder "So far Zoloft has proven to be very helpful. I gave it the rating I did because it's only been two weeks on it. I have had 2 panic attacks today but so far so good. The Zoloft did keep them from going full blown. It's like I just all of a sudden began to calm down. I still feel a little anxious but I definitely have energy now. I started out on 25mg and then increased to 50mg the following week. I do have excessive yawning and some fatigue but overall this medicine is awesome. The doctors decided to try me on this because one day I just woke up and began to have panic attacks and they continually got worse. I was on Celexa 20mg which didn't help at all with anxiety. The reviews on this page definitely gives me hope to continue using this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Depression "I've been suffering from manic depression and anxiety since I was a teenager. I came to my breaking point last month and finally sought professional help. I'm now on day 3 with taking Zoloft 25mg twice daily and I've noticed some difference already and it's for the better. I'm not really experiencing the side effects everyone is talking about and I'm sleeping just fine. I was a little sleepy the first day and body was a little sore but nothing like everyone is describing. I know its only been day 3 so its not really in my system. So I'll check in in a few weeks. Wish me luck"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I'm on day 11 of taking Zoloft 25mg. Thus far, I hate this drug. Put on it for anxiety and panic attacks. Doc wouldn't prescribe Xanax as I have an addictive personality so wanted to avoid benzos altogether. I've experienced all the side effects of this drug within the first three days. Headaches, dizziness, diarrhea and anxiety seems worse than before I was put on this. I keep reading that it takes four to six weeks for the drug to take effect and that it gets worse before it gets better. Is this true? I'm supposed to try to stay on it a full month and go from there. I'm 41 and female. And thus far, hate this drug."

AnotherZoloftUser February 12, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on zoloft for since October 29th so about 3 months and I'm not as suicidal but the depression hasn't really gone away (I'm on 50mgs so maybe it's just talking longer to set in"

bearBae February 6, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Hi Everyone, I've recently been offered a very good job in the insurance industry training bank staff on insurance products and doing presentations to different people EVERY DAY. I am an insurance specialist but have never had to present to strangers let alone present to a new bank with new people every day. I'm in day 3 of my new role, first day went shaky, but okay. Second day went alot better, but this morning my social anxiety got the better of me and I choked in my presentation this morning. My words came out wrong, I started shaking and sweating. I had to get up for a glass of water. I couldn't continue and I felt embarrassed in from of a crowd of people listening to "the expert". I blamed it on my asthma. What do I do???"

Insurance Man2 February 3, 2016

For Panic Disorder "This medication has saved my life, I feel so relaxed on zoloft. Works extremely well for anxiety, panic disorders. Makes me drowsy but otherwise its great, I would recommend this."

ShawnaL977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016