User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 4)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Depression 377 reviews 80 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 939 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on zoloft for probably about 4 months now and it has absolutely SAVED my life. I was so hesitant to get on it again (I was on it previously about 5 years ago from ages 14-18 for OCD - which it worked well for that, too), but I wish I had done it sooner! my social anxiety is practically gone and I'm actually for once excited about my future instead of terrified. I can talk to people and be myself and I actually LIKE myself now!! Where before I was convinced I was a worthless nobody. I'm much more confident in myself and my abilities and if somebody doesn't like me it no longer bothers me because i like me. I haven't felt this normal in 5 years. Thank you Zoloft"

so thankful! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Depression "This medication has been wonderful for my depression. I was lucky and this started working after just a week and a half. My negative thoughts have stopped and I'm not so irritable. I enjoy the company of my family and have a higher libido vs none at all before. I've had side effects like nausea to begin with and strange electrical feelings every now and then but it's worth it to me to continue."

HappyNow2000000 October 10, 2016

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Tried this medicine for the first time about 4 days ago. After been on clonazepam My doctor thought zoloft 100mg would be good for me. And ooooo boy when i tell you it made me feel my anxiety to the 10th power. I was all emotional couldn't sleep or eat then my chest felt like i had bricks seating there. All i can say is my experience with zoloft was not fun at all. Im still trying to recover from that one pill i took."

Jazz2009 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Depression "Tried this after Lexapro didn't work for me. Started 50mg of Zoloft and gradually got worse. Really didn't enjoy this drug. Decreased mood & irritability, increased suicidal thoughts, completely wiped out my appetite. Felt much better after I stopped taking it (had taken it for 4 weeks)."

Jam123 (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed this for OCD, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder and severe depression. First, it didn't do so much, if anything, for my depression. In fact, I had less energy and experienced apathy on this drug . That being said, when it came to my OCD, hyper-vigilance & anxiety, this drug was a miracle drug. It took away 85% of my obsessions & became apathetic to my rituals. Unfortunately, after being on this for 5-6 years (and being above the absolute maximum dose @ 250mg), I've been experiencing major "poop-out" effect. I'm worried that something is not going to work as well and work with the very minimal side effects that I experienced with Zoloft, as I have exhausted countless drugs."

Obsessed&Depressed (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Without a doubt, this medication changed my life. I have dealt with social anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety for the past 15 years or so, and have tried every kind of cognitive behavioral therapy I possibly can, without noticeable results. Reason for this being that I could't take the information I was given and use it because my anxiety was so out of control. I never realized how much anxiety I truly had until this medication kicked in. For the first time ever I'm able to hold conversations with people and have my own personal opinions on things, rather than coming up with opinions that work to please other people. Yes, the side effects for the first 2 weeks are hard to bare, but if you stick with it you will likely not regret it."

Wes25 October 6, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I tried this med as a last resort. I had already tried birth control, Prozac and then a hysterectomy. I went to a new doctor desperate to find anything that would help. The mood swings, hopelessness, anger and lack of interest was interfering in my home and work life. I have been suffering for years and it was only getting worse. She suggested trying this medication in combination with a low dose hormone supplement. It has worked wonders! I am taking the 100mg dosage and I haven't had any side effects. I am 5 days past the time my PMDD should be starting up and feeling great!!!"

Mandy9124 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "After less than a month on Zoloft, I could start to feel the effects in full swing. Besides being all around more joyful and talkative, I could see the world open up around me by the way it tamed my anxiety. It entirely reduced the uneasiness I felt when going into public. No longer did my heart palpitate, my body profusely sweat, my hands shake, or my words stumble. It did come along with many negative physical effects however. Vomiting, nausea, hunger, heart burn, etc. I feel physically healthier without it, but it cured my social anxiety wonderfully."

UpAndComing (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Depression "My doctor prescribed this for depression issues/severe anxiety associated with adult ADD. I was very resistant to try, have been put on multiple other meds that made things much worse. I take 50mg daily. Immediately felt almost "euphoric." With each passing day, I feel better in every sense, and the anxiety is gone. I NEVER write any posts EVER, but this has been an unbelievable game changer. I have been battling these issues since childhood, and I can truly say I feel happy and hopeful about my future. The "internal storm" inside that I battled every day to cope with is gone. No side effects except for some vivid, strange dreams-but those are dissipating. I hope this helps someone-if this one doesn't help, keep trying and never give up."

AnneJay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2016

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Depression "I started this antidepressant today I was on it before and couldnt tell a difference in anything now I feel numbed and negative thoughts that keep returning thoughts of giving up and isolation and failure and anger rage paranoia are stronger than ever before I was told it takes two to six weeks to feel full affect I will stop this medication I feel 10x worse thanks but no thanks"

Leeleem October 1, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Just stopped Zoloft due to its side affects which made my anxiety worse and it gave me extreme heartburn and acid reflux I quit taking it today which is a fri and dropped a lexapro and felt better with just one dose!!!"

Mark49er (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Postpartum Depression "I started Zoloft about a week ago. I think I feel better. My anxiety and the what if thoughts does not seem to bother me as much. I still feel sad at times. I am going to stay on it longer to get the full effect. Side effects: loss of appetite, stomach pain, headache, mood swings. I was in a bad place. My anxiety was terrible. Racing thoughts my brain just would not shut off. I had no control. Its just a really bad feeling. I didn't want to try any medicine I put it off for a week but my doctor kept calling me and convinced me to come in. She said PPD is a real thing and its nothing I did wrong. I felt ashamed of my feelings. I should be happy I just had a beautiful healthy newborn baby. All I felt was sad and worried about everything."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I was put on Sertraline for panic attacks. The first few months were good. Only side effects were brain zaps and an overall strange feeling. First few weeks I had racing thoughts, high blood pressure, and feeling like iI had too much caffeine. It slowed down and my panic attacks got less. But, I did gain weight like another review mentioned. Not just a few pounds.... like 25. I was constantly craving carbs, and had a huge bloated feeling all of the time. I had to get off of this medicine unfortunately because of that."

Ang256 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 28, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Good drug"

Mohammed Yousif September 27, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I was put on Zoloft by my doctor for panic attacks about sleeping/falling asleep after she felt I was too dependent on Clonazepam. This definitely worked for anxiety, however I gained around 30+ pounds in a little over a year and a half. I was still exercising regularly and eating normally. It started slowly and then one day none of my pants fit me anymore. The last straw was when I went to the doctor for my yearly check up and was 200 pounds. I weaned myself off of it, and almost immediately I felt less bloated. It has been a little over a week and I'm suffering terrible dizziness and headaches. I'm determined to never be on this crap again."

sleeplessinMD (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Definitely helps my depression although I still get random bouts of it at times but no improvement whatsoever in my social anxiety. Can't do any of the things normal people do, talking to people, being in stores, etc. Also every time I increase it triggers me too feel more depressed and suicidal for at least a week then it leaves. It didn't help the anxiety part for me but I hope it works for someone else."

Anonymous188 September 23, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Depression "This is about my woman who is on zoloft...... Two years with my woman we never needed any lube. Now I'm worried she is like a desert. Calmer now that her little zoloft friends in "her head" tell her to stay calm it's OK. I'll keep you up to date with her "progress" with her voices "

PuddlesDriedUp September 21, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Depression "I started taking this medicine over a week ago... And let me say I feel WAY worse then I ever did. I started Zoloft 12.5g Bc I was feeling depressed and had anxiety well it's gotten worse I feel stuck... Heads foggy.... Worsing anxiety... Have no emotions... Panic attacks... Can't sleep.... Can't consintrate... Can't shower... Can't eat... Idk whether to stick it out or try a new medicine all I know so far this has been the worst thing ever!! I just want to go back to my old self:("

lainalaina99 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Depression "I'm on day 3 of zoloft I think I'm going to stop I feel angry more depressed no motivation to do anything, feel like I can't handle my kids. Super dizzy and over it like 10x more suicidal then I've ever been. Also kind of feel numb and like I can't think properly. Not a good feeling and I don't think its worth waiting it out..."

Mumof321 September 18, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I just started taking a generic Zoloft a few days ago for my Border line personality disorder/ anxiety . The first day, I felt very sluggish, like a zombie. I feel sick, and I got plenty of sleep last night, however, I do not know how I'm going to be able to go to work today. I feel like I have no motivation, and it gives me such a bad sick feeling, that I can't stick through. I'm trying though, but if the sickness, sluggish, numbing of the mind thing doesn't go away, I'm going to discontinue taking this medicine. I feel like I can't think what so ever because Zoloft is numbing my mind."

Kayladawns September 18, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Take this with a grain of salt, only took it once, but that once was enough. Took it at night, few hours later became very restless and only got 3 hours of sleep that night. Next day, it was still there and came with fury. Muscle aches everywhere, body twitches, everything. Had to take 10mg hydro to take the pain away, but still felt it even with that. Never taking it again, that pain was unreal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Depression "Hi I have had severe depression anxiety and intrusive thoughts for over a year I was put on 50mg sertralin and felt great then increased to 100mg within days felt awful so now back down to 50mg has anyone else had this experience?"

Katyfin (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been suffering from pmdd for years. It has had a tremendous impact on my relationships. Every month around that time I just wanted to leave my marriage. I was irritable beyond understanding and felt like punching something if I got angry. I would cry at the drop of a hat. I just wanted to be alone. I tried exercise, diet and natural remedies but it was never enough. I felt like I had a ball of metal in my stomach. I would scream and yell and get upset if you looked at me the wrong way. It was horrible. On zoloft I feel calm and stable. I have had no side effects. It has been a saving grace. My kids and husband are amazed. Thumbs up for zoloft. It saved me."

the lynster September 14, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Postpartum Depression "I thought I was going crazy. I developed PPD at 3 months postpartum. My symptoms manifested in Anxiety. I had zero control over the fear and panic. I stopped eating, I threw up all day. I couldn't even hold my baby without feeling nausea. You hear so much about postpartum depression but women need to be aware of postpartum anxiety. It's very real. It took 4 trips to the ER for me to accept that I wasn't dying, that I just had PPD and I needed to give my Zoloft a chance. It saved my life! Zoloft is so wonderful. It gave my children their mother back. Zoloft will take your anxiety away. It will! My side effects were very little. But then they went away. Iv only been on Zoloft for 2 months now and I'm a better person then ever before."

SamBitto September 11, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "During a stint in the hospital, I took the generic for about a month with lithium, seroquel and lamictal. I also recieved Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation during that time. I was very hopeful about all of these treatments, but things got worse. I am normally a very verbal person who expresses herself by writing, making jokes, etc, but after a few weeks of these combined treatments I found it much more difficult to write, and I still do; 4 months later."

Lucy33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016