User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 6)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Major Depressive Disorder 55 reviews 46 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 997 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I took this medication for only 3 days and I experienced extreme tremors, diarrhea, vomiting and even experienced a seizure after the second day. I have been very sick and always tired feeling. I definitely don't recommend this also my anxiety got worse not better."

Awful medication October 31, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I've had wicked panic attacks, anxiety and now panic disorder. I've tried the breathing, distractions, calming music and all that. Only thing that really worked was praying and listening to Christian music. But that didn't do it completely so I went back to the Dr when my latest one caused me to lose my job. I was scared to death to try Zoloft after all the reviews saying things get worse before better and I naturally freak out any time I try any new medication. But, I've been on the 25 mg for about a week and just went to 50. I've had absolutely no side effects other than my brain trying to lie to me, if you know what I mean. I also take .50 mg Xanax with it and I take it at night so I believe that helps. I feel so much better."

StephenCW43 October 26, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I suffered from severe anxiety for years particularly social anxiety. Been on 100mg a day for about six months now. I feel like a new person now ,feel normal and calm and doing things I hadn't thought possible. For me this is a wonder medicine. Took weeks before I felt an improvement but well worth sticking with it. Don't want to stay on it long term but worried about stopping as I never want to go back to chronic anxiety again. I'm sure it's different for some people but I never felt better since taking Zoloft. Hope this helps"

MossieG October 25, 2016

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I'm on Zoloft, and I've been taking it for almost a month now. It's helped so much with my panic & anxiety. I also suffer from severe depression. But I don't see any change with it helping my deprsssion. My anxiety is so much better now so if that's what you have wrong too I suggest Zoloft, but for depression no.. I know it works different for everyone but this is just my experience."

Ashlynxoxo October 23, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Been on this medication now for 10 months after Fluoxetine made me worse. This medication has worked wonders for my Panic disorder and depression. Even though I still have these illnesses and it will be a long recovery journey I can say that this medication along with a hospital stay due to the adverse side effects of the Fluoxetine and regular appointments with my CPN and Psychiatrist has really worked well for me."

India98 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I suffer from social anxiety, separation anxiety. My doctor recommended zoloft. I was on a regular dose not sure now much that was. After taking it I felt terrible I had a horrible pain in my chest and I couldn't breath. The pain in my chest went all the way up my throat. I went back to my doctor and she suggested a lower dose. Once again I took the pill and the pain was still terrible. I personally had a terrible experience with zoloft."

lezette October 23, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "It lifted my mood but with horrible agitation and impotance"

Jasimon (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Maybe my experience can help someone else... I have just completed a 30 day supply of Zoloft. My anxiety has been debilitating since my Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis in October of 2015. It became so bad that I was becoming bed ridden, afraid to leave my home. As a mother of 3 and a wife and daughter, my family needed me and I wasn't able to be there. I finally told my husband and parents I needed to seek help. After a therapy session and a visit with my family doctor I was given Zoloft. I received it on a Tuesday but was so afraid to take it, I didn't take my first one until Friday (I had read a few bad drug reviews, so I knew some things I could expect, but chose to focus on all the success stories for motivation.) For three weeks it was rough. Also must note, during this time we were hit with hurricane Matthew which didn't help and I believe set me back a few days. My side effects were tummy aches, diarrhea (sometimes 4 or 5 times a day), a few hot flashes, a couple days of zombie feeling, and I had 2 bad panic attacks. I know this sounds horrible, however, my opinion is that I felt as though I had hit rock bottom which is why I turned to medication. I already felt bad, so my commitment was to see this medicine through to the 4-6 week mark as instructed. If I had stopped taking it, I still would have felt horrible, that is what my life had become. With the wonderful support of my children and husband, a lot of take out food, and my parents helping to take and pick up my kids from school, I am SOOOOOO thankful I stuck with it and made it to the 4 week mark. I feel like I'm getting my life back. It is worth everything you go through. In full disclosure, some people get no side effects... my 20 year old son has been on Zoloft for a year and never had one side effect. I wasn't that lucky and seemed to have most. Please give yourself the chance. You will read over and over again to stick with it until 4-6 weeks... you must do yourself that favor. Surround yourself with support if you can and just do it! I'm so blessed to have my life back!!!!!"

Nikki828 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2016

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on zoloft for probably about 4 months now and it has absolutely SAVED my life. I was so hesitant to get on it again (I was on it previously about 5 years ago from ages 14-18 for OCD - which it worked well for that, too), but I wish I had done it sooner! my social anxiety is practically gone and I'm actually for once excited about my future instead of terrified. I can talk to people and be myself and I actually LIKE myself now!! Where before I was convinced I was a worthless nobody. I'm much more confident in myself and my abilities and if somebody doesn't like me it no longer bothers me because i like me. I haven't felt this normal in 5 years. Thank you Zoloft"

so thankful! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This medication has been wonderful for my depression. I was lucky and this started working after just a week and a half. My negative thoughts have stopped and I'm not so irritable. I enjoy the company of my family and have a higher libido vs none at all before. I've had side effects like nausea to begin with and strange electrical feelings every now and then but it's worth it to me to continue."

HappyNow2000000 October 10, 2016

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Tried this medicine for the first time about 4 days ago. After been on clonazepam My doctor thought zoloft 100mg would be good for me. And ooooo boy when i tell you it made me feel my anxiety to the 10th power. I was all emotional couldn't sleep or eat then my chest felt like i had bricks seating there. All i can say is my experience with zoloft was not fun at all. Im still trying to recover from that one pill i took."

Jazz2009 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Tried this after Lexapro didn't work for me. Started 50mg of Zoloft and gradually got worse. Really didn't enjoy this drug. Decreased mood & irritability, increased suicidal thoughts, completely wiped out my appetite. Felt much better after I stopped taking it (had taken it for 4 weeks)."

Jam123 (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed this for OCD, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder and severe depression. First, it didn't do so much, if anything, for my depression. In fact, I had less energy and experienced apathy on this drug . That being said, when it came to my OCD, hyper-vigilance & anxiety, this drug was a miracle drug. It took away 85% of my obsessions & became apathetic to my rituals. Unfortunately, after being on this for 5-6 years (and being above the absolute maximum dose @ 250mg), I've been experiencing major "poop-out" effect. I'm worried that something is not going to work as well and work with the very minimal side effects that I experienced with Zoloft, as I have exhausted countless drugs."

Obsessed&Depressed (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Without a doubt, this medication changed my life. I have dealt with social anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety for the past 15 years or so, and have tried every kind of cognitive behavioral therapy I possibly can, without noticeable results. Reason for this being that I could't take the information I was given and use it because my anxiety was so out of control. I never realized how much anxiety I truly had until this medication kicked in. For the first time ever I'm able to hold conversations with people and have my own personal opinions on things, rather than coming up with opinions that work to please other people. Yes, the side effects for the first 2 weeks are hard to bare, but if you stick with it you will likely not regret it."

Wes25 October 6, 2016

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I tried this med as a last resort. I had already tried birth control, Prozac and then a hysterectomy. I went to a new doctor desperate to find anything that would help. The mood swings, hopelessness, anger and lack of interest was interfering in my home and work life. I have been suffering for years and it was only getting worse. She suggested trying this medication in combination with a low dose hormone supplement. It has worked wonders! I am taking the 100mg dosage and I haven't had any side effects. I am 5 days past the time my PMDD should be starting up and feeling great!!!"

Mandy9124 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "After less than a month on Zoloft, I could start to feel the effects in full swing. Besides being all around more joyful and talkative, I could see the world open up around me by the way it tamed my anxiety. It entirely reduced the uneasiness I felt when going into public. No longer did my heart palpitate, my body profusely sweat, my hands shake, or my words stumble. It did come along with many negative physical effects however. Vomiting, nausea, hunger, heart burn, etc. I feel physically healthier without it, but it cured my social anxiety wonderfully."

UpAndComing (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "My doctor prescribed this for depression issues/severe anxiety associated with adult ADD. I was very resistant to try, have been put on multiple other meds that made things much worse. I take 50mg daily. Immediately felt almost "euphoric." With each passing day, I feel better in every sense, and the anxiety is gone. I NEVER write any posts EVER, but this has been an unbelievable game changer. I have been battling these issues since childhood, and I can truly say I feel happy and hopeful about my future. The "internal storm" inside that I battled every day to cope with is gone. No side effects except for some vivid, strange dreams-but those are dissipating. I hope this helps someone-if this one doesn't help, keep trying and never give up."

AnneJay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2016

202 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I started this antidepressant today I was on it before and couldnt tell a difference in anything now I feel numbed and negative thoughts that keep returning thoughts of giving up and isolation and failure and anger rage paranoia are stronger than ever before I was told it takes two to six weeks to feel full affect I will stop this medication I feel 10x worse thanks but no thanks"

Leeleem October 1, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Just stopped Zoloft due to its side affects which made my anxiety worse and it gave me extreme heartburn and acid reflux I quit taking it today which is a fri and dropped a lexapro and felt better with just one dose!!!"

Mark49er (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postpartum Depression "I started Zoloft about a week ago. I think I feel better. My anxiety and the what if thoughts does not seem to bother me as much. I still feel sad at times. I am going to stay on it longer to get the full effect. Side effects: loss of appetite, stomach pain, headache, mood swings. I was in a bad place. My anxiety was terrible. Racing thoughts my brain just would not shut off. I had no control. Its just a really bad feeling. I didn't want to try any medicine I put it off for a week but my doctor kept calling me and convinced me to come in. She said PPD is a real thing and its nothing I did wrong. I felt ashamed of my feelings. I should be happy I just had a beautiful healthy newborn baby. All I felt was sad and worried about everything."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I was put on Sertraline for panic attacks. The first few months were good. Only side effects were brain zaps and an overall strange feeling. First few weeks I had racing thoughts, high blood pressure, and feeling like iI had too much caffeine. It slowed down and my panic attacks got less. But, I did gain weight like another review mentioned. Not just a few pounds.... like 25. I was constantly craving carbs, and had a huge bloated feeling all of the time. I had to get off of this medicine unfortunately because of that."

Ang256 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 28, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Good drug"

Mohammed Yousif September 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I was put on Zoloft by my doctor for panic attacks about sleeping/falling asleep after she felt I was too dependent on Clonazepam. This definitely worked for anxiety, however I gained around 30+ pounds in a little over a year and a half. I was still exercising regularly and eating normally. It started slowly and then one day none of my pants fit me anymore. The last straw was when I went to the doctor for my yearly check up and was 200 pounds. I weaned myself off of it, and almost immediately I felt less bloated. It has been a little over a week and I'm suffering terrible dizziness and headaches. I'm determined to never be on this crap again."

sleeplessinMD (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Definitely helps my depression although I still get random bouts of it at times but no improvement whatsoever in my social anxiety. Can't do any of the things normal people do, talking to people, being in stores, etc. Also every time I increase it triggers me too feel more depressed and suicidal for at least a week then it leaves. It didn't help the anxiety part for me but I hope it works for someone else."

Anonymous188 September 23, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This is about my woman who is on zoloft...... Two years with my woman we never needed any lube. Now I'm worried she is like a desert. Calmer now that her little zoloft friends in "her head" tell her to stay calm it's OK. I'll keep you up to date with her "progress" with her voices "

PuddlesDriedUp September 21, 2016