User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 6)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Depression 332 reviews 78 medications

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 811 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I was put on sertraline six years ago after my previous SSRI, Luvox, became ineffective. I have found it effective at controlling my depression and anxiety, but there have been some major drawbacks. Primarily, I find myself unable to achieve orgasm during intercourse. Also, earlier this summer, I tried reducing my dosage from 150 mg to 100 mg - and I got a taste of SSRI withdrawal syndrome, which really, really, really sucks - a veritable hell on earth. I am currently looking into changing to a better tolerated drug."

Rigoletto (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 17, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I am not actually a soldier (see user name) but due to childhood trauma (diagnosed with PTSD as a result) I have felt like I am always fighting a war just to get through the day. I had fight or flight response to stimuli that are just normal everyday mild stressors for most people and have had so much trouble making relationships work because of self doubt, guilt, feelings of unworthiness, etc. I have been on zoloft for 3 months now, at first 25mg and then starting 4 weeks ago 50mg. My life has changed profoundly. I can be in love without being overwhelmed by self doubt. My depression and anxiety have lessened tremendously. For me, zoloft is a miracle."

unknownsoldier November 16, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This medicine does help with inhibitions when talking to people. But I find that I'm not fully satisfied with this medicine. I still have bad anticipatory anxiety to social situations. To the point where I can't relax before a social event."

Shanie244 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "As someone that HATES crowds & dealing with people in general, Zoloft seems to be helping. I have also tried Lexapro, which caused horrible weight gain & total numbness when it came to feelings. Zoloft has been doing the opposite...my appetite is pretty much non-existent. So far, I wouldn't say I'm having any major side effects & im overall happy with everything."

Cali Antionette (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just started taking Zoloft yesterday and I heard it took awhile to kick in. I've seen a lot of good reviews and I hope for it to be helpful. I will give a rating when it kicks in."

theycallmejayquellin November 12, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I started taking zoloft about 5 months ago and it has totally changed my life for the better. The first 2 wks were a little rough ( increased anxiety ), but my Dr increased my ativan dosage until the zoloft started working. It took about 4-6 weeks to truly start working, but once it did it was a life saver. I've had barely any anxiety and have been able to decrease my ativan slowly to 0.5mg per day. Would highly recommend this med for panic attacks and / or generalized anxiety disorder."

Kmsbooty November 11, 2015

For Depression "Zoloft has been a complete hell for two months and a half. I've tried to up the dose to 75 as I was taking 50. With no results, but it made me dizzy to the point I couldn't drive, nauseous and exhausted. Also, this medication has increased my social phobia. A complete hell. To those thinking on taking Zoloft, please consider other options. I've never felt so bad in my entire life. Now changing to Prozac."

Coolchickzzzz75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Hi all I've been on sertraline for just over 7 weeks started out on 25mg then 50mg then worked my way up to 100mg. I had every side affect going BUT I did not give up I suffered from severe anxiety, could not leave the house, my husband had to take time off work to look after me, BUT Now I am nearly back to my old self, going out, if you are just starting out on sertraline please please give it time to work and hold on in there IT WILL GET BETTER ."

Wilba (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Zoloft is an excellent medication for treating obsessive compulsive disorder, depression, and anxiety..all of which I have. Ever since I started taking it I have been so much happier and worry free. However I am 24 years old and I enjoy to go out to the bar with my friends..and let me tell you. If you want to drink on this medication, be advised that it will completley cancel the drug out. Everytime I drink I have severe anxiety the next day. But other than that I would recomend this drug"

jesssse789 November 8, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have always struggled with intrusive thoughts that manifest in various forms (obsession with being "perfect", eating disorders, social anxiety, etc.) But for several years of my adult life, I wanted help so bad because I was miserable... Just completely uncomfortable & restless with anxiety that would come and go but stayed with me much longer than it would stay away. I tried talking to local counselors & was very disappointed, as they were not educated on OCD. After a year of no luck with counselors, I found one (university counselor) who knew what I was going through & how to help me. Life is SO much better! I started at 50mg & currently take 200mg"

Finally found help (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I am diabetic and one day my sugar got kinda low..I started sweating and was nervous and shaky. I ended up going to the hospital in an ambulance...Every since that one time of being anxious, I can't seem to feel normal.I've been to the hospital several times..They do all kinds of tests and everything is normal..One Dr gave me Lorazepam, for fast help. I saw my Dr and she prescribed Zoloft 50 milligrams. I've been taking it for 5 days now. Still waiting for it to work.They say it takes 30 days to work. I've read some stories on here, that it works right away. But everyone is different. I hope it starts working soon, because I can't keep missing work..I feel weak and I sometimes feel hot from the inside of my body. I'll rate it later."

meemaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This medicine was definitely not for me. The first two nights I got horrible migraines, and I had more trouble falling and staying asleep. Then I had difficulty urinating (I know it isn't a listed side effect, but once I got off it the problem stopped) I wouldn't be able to use the bathroom even when I had to go for ten to twelve hours, it was very strange. Will not take again."

kebbway (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

For Panic Disorder "It took about 10 weeks but then all of a sudden. Bam. I feel great. Initial side effects were turture"

Rayray01 November 1, 2015

For Depression "I worry all day every day non stop but when I take Zoloft it calms my mind and I am also less angry...It gives me such a piece of mind from my overwhelming thoughts everyday."

CoolkidClassic November 1, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on Prozac for a month & I got super bad nauseas feelings & sick all the time. I got off & my doctor put me on Zoloft & I feel so much happier. I feel happier, but not fixed. I guess it's a work in progress"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Zoloft for a week now. The first 5 days the side effects were horrible. Dizziness, stomach problems, sweating, weak muscles. Then on the sixth day, I remember the change. All day at school I was still experiencing the side effects and then I was in the car with my mom and I just felt a lot happier. From then on, I've felt SO HAPPY! When I talk to people, my mind is clearer and it's easier to socialize! I've been socially anxious my whole life, I LOVE ZOLOFT SO MUCH OMG THIS IS GONNA CHANGE MY LIFE! It's also boosting my confidence. :))))))"

Shanice99 October 31, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was started on 25mg Zoloft about 3 1/2 weeks ago for long term anxiety and depression, and it has made a huge positive impact on my life already. For the first two weeks my side effects included decreased appetite, hands shaking, head fogginess, insomnia, headaches, nausea, dizziness, and clenching/grinding my teeth when I slept. Except for the decreased appetite (which I am happy about), all of the side effects are gone and it was well worth waiting them out, I promise. I did have to play around with the time I took it and found that morning works the best for me. Not having those crippling feelings of anxiety and not being so miserable all the time - I should have done this a long time ago. I'm finally getting my life back."

KateKateKate (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I was on this for 2.5 weeks. I was on a 50mg dosage and I don't know if it was too much for my body (I weigh under 110) but the severity of my panic and anxiety worsened. At first it made have insomnia and then after a week it was the complete opposite - uncontrollably falling asleep immediately about 30 minutes after taking the dose and it became incredibly hard to wake up in the morning. It would feel like lifting 400 lbs to make my legs move in the morning and I would still feel tired after 14 hours of sleep. My fearful thoughts became worse and completely clouded my head, and I had this overwhelming feeling of impending doom resulting in panic attacks. Also loss of appetite from a combination of the extreme dry/cracked mouth and nausea."

This wasn't for me... (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started having panic attacks when I was 20. The docs put me on zoloft and it helped me tremendously. Not only that, I stopped being the shy person that I had been prior to that. However I stopped taking it after a year because I figured I had been cured. I spent years after that without any anxiety until I had a severe bout of OCD at the age of 27 which was threatening to really destroy my life. I resisted taking medication for 2 years which was such a stupid idea. I don't know why I chose to suffer even though I knew zoloft would help me again. Anyhow, I went back on zoloft and poof! problem solved. But then I quit again and now after many years that I tried going back on it its not working as much. I wish I had stayed on it :("

jimwest1980 October 19, 2015

For Depression "Zoloft did NOTHING for me....would not recommend it."

Shay810 October 17, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I have just been prescribed zoloft, The reviews I have read have been very encouraging. I will let you know after 30 days how the medicine has helped me. Thanks, for all of your experiences with zoloft."

beentherepink October 15, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Zoloft for 3 months now. Initially, I suffered from side effects such as shivering, loss of appetite, drowsiness, and insomnia. These symptoms lasted for about three days. I was scared at first and planned on trying another medication for anxiety. However, I called my cousin who is a nurse and she told me to try cutting the pill in half. I took my cousins advice and cut the pill in half, taking only 25mg a day which works really well for me.I'm 5'4, 130lbs. I no longer suffer from anxiety, after taking Zoloft that I realized that I was suffering from depression. Zoloft alleviates my anxiety and has greatly helped with my depression, I now feel more happy and motivated to do things right away without procrastinating. Life changer!"

Hope-4ull (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking 50mg of Zoloft for a month now. At first I was nauseous everyday and wanted to stop so bad. I stayed with it and I can really feel a difference. I seem to be able to think more clearly and just in a better mood altogether. I have suffered from major depressive and extreme anxiety disorder since about the age of 13. I'm almost 32 now and for once I actually feel good. This speaks in volumes for those that know me. I'm not sure if I will need to increase the dosage ever but for now the 50mg seems to be the magic happy pill I've been looking for my whole life. Also I may be one of the few but it seems to have increased my sex drive. Weird huh!"

Nicoola October 11, 2015

For Panic Disorder "My Dr. started me on 50mg then slowly went up to 100 then 150 and now 200 mg within 3 months. I had anxiety for about 15 years and didn't realize I was that bad. My general practioner had me on Ativan and I have been on that for a good 10 years. I thought that was the end all/be all because it took away the panic for the time being - instant fix. I'm 42 years old, like to excerise, working mom with a full life and I hated having panic attacks at the mall, small spaces, etc. I really thought I would always be that way and just had to deal with it but honestly the Zoloft saved me. It makes you so positive and you don't focus on the stuff that would bring on anxiety. I wished I would've had this long before now. Give it time.. it WILL work"

Lamb72 October 9, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression "Zoloft saved my life after having post natal Anxiety after the birth of each of my children. I had severe anxiety, panic attacks and insomnia which led to depression. I was fearful about being alone.I was hospitalised for 8-12 weeks each time. Anxiety and depression is heightened when you first start this medication so Don't give up on it Give it a chance to work It took at least 8-10 weeks to start feeling like my self again then 12 weeks for symptoms to disappear. Don't be afraid to take a sedative at the start to ease the bumpy side effects. Stick it out. It will be worth it in the long run. I frantically googled reviews on here just like you so wanted to write my story to encourage another mum experiencing similar symptom"

Christina-G October 9, 2015