User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 6)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Major Depressive Disorder 59 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1034 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "This medicine has been a game changer for me. At first I was terrified of taking this drug. After reading Catholic Guide to Depression and much prayer I had the courage to take the medicine. I'm so glad I did. It actually reduced "body aches". I'm running again, 6 days a week. It's not a miracle pill, but a fantastic tool in defeating depression and body aches. Peace!"

Kim675123 January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on this for 10'yrs now, obviously it works but at 100 mg dose, too much! I've cut back to 50 mg and I'm fine. On 100 mg I had a lot of weight gain, like 30 lbs. I've lost a lot of weight now on 50 mg. I probably should go off of it but doc says if it works can stay on it. I worry no long term studies on this drug, but so far seems okay. My brother told me it can cause brain cells to die of w/long term use, he read it in L.E.F. magazine. Don't know if true, but helps my depression & anxiety so much that its worth staying on. Be happy and healthy, find what works for you. Good luck! "

tawisn January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Long story short I finally felt compelled to try anti depressants. I had experienced depression for a couple of years and had bouts of anxiety. Last straw were symptoms similar to bipolar disorder. Like mania. I had been so reluctant to try meds. But man I'm glad I did. I'm sad I didn't try them before. My life these couple years would have been so much better, less traumatic. I started 50 mg of sertraline in July. Right away I noticed my mood improved. I used to be short tempered. Now I am more patient. I stopped crying every two days out of frustration due to my sons tantrums or misbehaviour.( challenging toddler) or from feeling overwhelmed with house work. Little by little that fog of depression started to dissipate. I am happy now."

MayraP December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I went psycho while on this medication. Ended up in a mental hospital. I couldn't control myself!"

The one to take down Zoloft (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed 50 mg to start, and went in with an open mind. After one day I decided it wasn't for me. Maybe 50 mg was too much for me, as I am sensitive to medicine? Anyways, I felt so miserable all day. My head was super foggy and I couldn't think clearly. I don't know how to describe other than just feeling so horrible and wanting to feel normal again. I couldn't do much of anything all day except lay on the floor or bed and feel miserable. I also experienced major TMJ jaw- I wasn't able to get my jaw to relax. I took a hot shower and almost fainted. It was hard for me to see how this would make me feel better ever, even though I know some people do have success with it. I just couldn't bring myself to take it again the next day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I was prescribed 25 mg of Zoloft (sertraline) and only took two doses to find myself having the worst restless legs to the point where I can't sleep. DO NOT take this. This side effect will last 5 days after stopping taking it."

caseey14 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Zoloft was the first anti-depressant I tried and it worked well enough that I stuck with it. The first 2-3 weeks were difficult. I found myself yawning constantly, extremely drowsy, having no appetite, nauseous when I DID eat, thinking about doom and death. But those were side effects that all eventually subsided. I feel a lot better because I have more control over my emotions and anxiety. I cry much less now and don't lie in bed at night thinking about suicide as much anymore. I went down in dosage from 75 mg because I felt a little too muted, like things that were REALLY supposed to bother me didn't, and the nausea on 75 mg really sucked. I was finding myself vomiting for no reason. 50 mg has been good to me the last 6 months."

reneexg December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was recently giving this in addition to wellbutrin to help with anxiety and depression. I was to take 25 mg a day for 4 days then move up to 50. right off the bat I noticed that this made me tired but when I took the 50mg dose my stomach got upset and I threw up about an hour later. Slept a long time. I woke up and felt some of the worse depression I had felt in months. I felt extremely tired, no appetite, angry, no drive, foggy headed. I've never had any success with basic ssri's. I was prescribed this medication over 10 years ago. It was a failure then and it is a failure now. The only AD I can seem to tolerate is wellbutrin. I don't see the doc for a while until then I will be using other tools to combat my depression."

lethargic guy December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft has helped me so much so far. I have spent the last three months getting worse and worse. Panic, anxiety and depression. I was on Wellbutrine but it just seemed to make me worse. Two days after starting Zoloft (I take it before I go to bed), I woke up happy. I felt normal - like myself! I don't know about the sexual side effects yet because frankly it was difficult to want to be intimate when I was living in an emotional hell. Thank you Zoloft!! "

LillyLaFlamme (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been meaning to post my positive review of Zoloft for a while. This past summer I suffered probably the worst social anxiety I had ever encountered in my life. I had started a new job where I was expected to speak to others on a daily basis. It was gut wrenching. I fell apart, crying, screaming, and forcing myself to go to work. Even when I was at work I would hide in the bathroom and pee incessantly out of nervousness. Finally I found a good psychiatrist and got back on Zoloft. I had been on Zoloft 50mg earlier in the year, but stopped because I feared it might affect my fertility. After meeting with the shrink I was upped to 200 mgs gradually. Since then I have been so happy and full of life. This drug really has worked for me."

Cephas05 December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I was on this drug for a month. I am one of those people who hate being on medication (prefer natural alternatives)--but my doctor strongly recommended me to give it a shot. I felt different instantly. My body would feel "numb" I guess that's the best way to describe it. I was feeling very very down the first two weeks. My temper was short, I got angry at everything, and I was worse than I was before starting the medication. I had absolutely no sex drive at all. The medication was taking a toll on my marriage. Ever since I stopped it, I feel amazing. Sticking to yoga and meditation!! Glad it works for some people though!"

Meowmeowmelz December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I don't know how anyone can tolerate this drug. It made my anxiety ten times worse, gave me bad thoughts, and made me feel like a zombie for 2 weeks. I think experiencing this medication and then getting off it helped my anxiety much more than the medicine itself did."

socker21 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been taking Zoloft for around 13 years. I am 36. Female. I have a fifteen year old Son. I'm a Single Parent but my Mother & Stepfather have always done a lot for my Son. I was on doses over the years mostly of 100mg 200mg and 150mg. From memory in all that time I never stopped taking it for more than a few weeks or a couple of Months at the most. A few months ago I stopped taking Zoloft because I was sick of still feeling depressed and as the years go on I feel worse not better. I've been off it now for a few months and I still feel like a Zombie and depressed and feel really exhausted but can't sleep to lazy to do basic things I've had bouts of feeling like this for as long as I can remember. Maybe I need to just keep taking it."

Millhouse December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been suffering really bad anxiety/depression for over the past year now. My Doctor suggested me to take Zoloft at 25mg. I came across this page, and read reviews. And most were positive reviews. The first day I felt fine and energetic. Second day my anxiety was worse than usual. After the third day of taking it, I was rushed to the ER due to burning feeling in my chest, and really bad tremors. Worst experience in my life."

XxKiMbErLyxX December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been under going some health issue for the past 3 months. Doctors believe it's my anxiety & depression that are the problem. I've had anxiety & depression for about 16 years & never had issues like I'm experiencing now. But to rule out depression & anxiety I decided to start taking Zoloft as the doctor recommended. I took my first dose last night 50mg. (Side note, I had been on Zoloft before when I was younger). the night I took the first dose... my head felt kind of funny, still feels a little funny. I got drowsy. A little shaky. This morning I felt sick to my stomach. My eyes were dilated & I felt wired. I'm going to cut it in half tonight & see how that goes."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've had panic disorder with agoraphobia for years now and have been going through medications, trying to find the right medicine and dose. Zoloft (the generic of Zoloft) was the third medication I've tried. I started at a lower dose and went up to a dose of 100 mg daily. I had no significant side effects on the lower dose, but experienced bad side effects at the higher dose, such as night sweats, very dry mouth, and issues in thought (such as losing my train of thought fairly frequently). I weaned off slowly and experienced flu like body aches for a couple of weeks as I came off of it. I don't recall any benefit that I got from being on this drug. Unfortunately, this medicine did not work for me."

QwertyBird (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I'm a 28 year old female and took generic Setraline (APO-Setraline) prescribed by my doctor for treatment of my OCD for about a year. It worked pretty well and my obsessive thoughts were less intrusive and I felt at peace and happier. It also caused my metabolism to spike so I was losing weight. However after about 2 months, I started developing painful cystic acne. For a long time, I didn't link it to the Setraline I was taking as it wasn't a listed side effect. However, after trial and error of eliminating other causes, I finally decided to stop my Setraline to see if there could possibly be a link. Unfortunately, it really was the cause. By then, my face has been scarred so badly I really regret taking this med. :'("

Sad Face (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was on this drug after a traumatic experience that brought my anxiety up further than it ever had been. It helped take the edge off for the first few weeks during the summer, yet after a month into university when everything became stressful again, I stopped seeing results. I went up to 50mg after being on 25mg and I felt absolutely awful. I felt like I was trapped in a box but had to cary the weight of it everywhere. Functioning became harder and harder and I wasn't myself. I went back down and immidietly felt like I did after being on no medication. However at this point I started feeling depressed and suicidal, things that are not usual for me. Now I am beginning to try Fluvoxamine and hopefully it can fix what Zoloft caused."

bballgirl96 December 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Ugh - Taking this medicine was a big mistake. My Doctor's recommendation turned out to be a bad one. I'm currently 60 days in with and feel more anxious than before beginning zoloft. There were some days where i didn't obsess over stressful things in my life, but the bad very much out weighed the good. All day long at work i have been feeling like a nervous wreck. Also, know that it will destroy your sex life. My libido is non-existant as of now. This created even more anxiety and stress with the vicious circle of failure. This medicine just made me a frustrated mess. I'm going to look into wellbutrin and try and be hopeful. Don't waste your time "

cgesq November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "It took a while, but Zoloft has been a total lifesaver for me. I had severe OCD/anxiety and later on depression as well. Anyone who's ever had crippling anxiety knows what mental torture it is. I was so afraid to try Zoloft but finally gave in when I felt like I had nothing to lose. I was on 50mg and the first few days I only felt a little dizzy but nothing else. On day 11, I first noticed some kind of shift. I remember looking at a tree and for the first time in years feeling joy, like I felt as a kid, and just enjoying its beauty vs fearing getting killed by a falling branch. About 6 weeks in I felt less tense overall but still felt it could be better. Started 100mg and my anxiety is gone. I feel normal again! Please give this a try!"

Zovy76 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Alright so I've been on 100mg of Zoloft for a while and I'm supposed to start 200mg tomorrow and I'll be honest, it's done absolutely nothing for me personally so far.. I'll be starting Risperidone and coming off this one. I've had no side effects as well as no positive effects what so ever, it's a very weak medication, basically like drinking water. I guess if your symptoms aren't bad at all and you want an easy way out of your problems, then this could be the drug for you. These are the symptoms I experience and trying to medicate: Hypervigilence, jumpiness, sensitivity to sudden noises (like a door slamming shut), only experience emotional ''numbness'' or anger/rage, cloudy mind, disconnection/dissociation/depersonalization, etc."

CMan2792 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Overall a very good medication. It made me very drowsy when I first started on it but this passed after a couple weeks. It did a good job of keeping me stable. I would have loved to stay on it except I ended up developing severe urinary retention that got worse as my dose increased. (By severe I mean I was unable to sleep at night because I had to get up and pee every 5 mins and almost nothing would come out) After I went off it the urinary retention gradually went away and is now completely gone. Aside from that I got no noticeable side effects from it. I would definitely recommend this med, as urinary retention is a more rare side effect and I probably only experienced it because I am known to be sensitive to meds."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I was suffering from acute anxiety in addition to my psychotic disorder(from illicit drug use) I would get this anxiety all day long and I couldn't take it any more so I spoke to my doctor and he put me on Zoloft 25mg. Its a tiny pill but it has made a huge difference in my anxiety level. I also practice meditation every morning to augment the Zoloft and that's definitely helped too. For those that want to know I practice observational meditation( simply observe and note changes in how I'm feeling and attempt to silence the negativity). The only reason that I didn't give this medication a 10 was because of the sexual side effects. I have no sex drive and have extreme difficulty climaxing as well as maintaining an erection."

iPlaymeta1 November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I'm on 50 mg zoloft been on it for a wk now ...it seems to help me sleep...my dr sd I probably want be able to tell anything about it for 2 to 3 wks but I can already tell...I also take 5mg ativan for anxiety disorder both together work well..."

Vannna777 November 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Horrible medication ,did not help with my depression at all made my anxiety worst"

detour12 November 24, 2016