User Reviews for Mirtazapine systemic

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
6.1

Summary of Mirtazapine reviews 7.1 966 reviews

Reviews for Mirtazapine

For Anxiety: "I feel like I have no control after just one dose. I can’t get off the couch. And I just keep looking up mental problems over and over. I feel like I’m going crazy. I can’t function. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2019

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I took this medication 7.5mg before bed periodically for about one year, usually for two to three months and stop it. It helps a lot before sleep, inducing drowsiness, enhance the quality of sleep. So, I definitely recommend it for people with insomnia. It moreover, helps fighting anxiety through its sedative effects. This medication also helped me a lot to gain weight, I am skinny and have no appetite usually. I gained 7 kilos with Remeron. In addition, it helps me reducing my sex drive remarkably! Because normally my sex drive to high and with Remeron it became normalized! Finally, this medication helped me to recover from depressive attacks, I got divorced which gave me depression. I took the 7.5 my before bed it reduced my depressive feelings by 80%, it worked quickly within a couple of days . However, Remeron withdrawal effects were really bad for me, despite the low/short dosage/period, I had withdrawal symptoms like severe insomnia, headache as well as low appetite."

hussein (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

For Insomnia: "Been struggling with severe insomnia for many months to the point I had to give up my job of 15 years with exhaustion, my moods were sporadic going from calm to explosively violent due to the stress I was under...had been to doctors for over a year and every one I dealt with (5) just wanted to throw anti depressants at me, I refused on every occasion trying to explain that the insomnia was the basis of all my problems..cut a long story short, I eventually agreed to try these mirtazapine at 15mg per night, I have slept better in the past 6 days since starting than I have in a year, very drowsy for hours after wakening but fortunately I am not at work just now or it would be impossible to function at the times I need to be up. All in all great for sleeping but if you have kids and a lot of responsibilities I think it may be counterproductive."

Wul (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2019

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "Works wonders for my depression symptoms associated with Complex PTSD. Helps me sleep better. Haven't gained any weight. I did have to combine it with a different antidepressant to help my anxiety symptoms. The first week or so I was a bit groggy waking up, but that side effect passed. After a couple weeks at 15mg, my doc had me go up to 30mg a night for a little while and I got **bad** memory issues that resolved almost immediately after I was reduced back down to 15mg. So now no side effects. Just better mood and sleep. Would recommend."

enayleoni (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2019

For Depression: "Been on mirtazapin now 4 weeks on 30 mg and 3 weeks on 45 mg. Couple better days here and there when started. Now little sluggish and anxious. Been on sertraline, trintellix, buspropion and MAOI's those gave me BAD diarrhea that lasted 4 months overall. Still waiting mirtazapine to kick In. Fingers crossed. Best wishes to all fighting with MDD and other mental illnesses. These are only temporary phases our lives. Heads up even though its hard we will get through of this and we are stronger after all of this."

BigH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

For Depression: "wow!!! it is a miracle pill for me. It took me out of a deep dark hole. I took it for 3 months at 15 mg dosage. Then 7.5 mg for few weeks and that's it. It helped me a lot to come back on track. I had a major depression and because of that I was not able to sleep full nights. I was very much sleep deprived which increased my depression too much. I was going through a super bad phase. My nights passed tossing and turning on bed. Mirtazipine helped me a lot in sleeping, which slowly slowly cured my depression. Remember guys better sleep helps in curing depression. I recommend give it a try for few months starting at low dosage. Thanks. Bless u all dear brothers and sisters."

shabz (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2019

For Insomnia: "I take this medication in a small dose every night (7.5mg) and I have the best sleep of my life on it. I have pretty severe anxiety/OCD-spectrum and this medication still allows me to fall asleep fast, stay asleep, yet wake up refreshed and non-drowsy the next day. The first few weeks on it, I felt kind of groggy in the morning, but after being on it a year+, I have found the perfect balance, and it still works so well. This is also a great appetite boost at night (as I couldn't eat much on the SSRIs I am on), so it let me get some needed calories in. Really like this medication, and cannot imagine living without it."

anxiousgirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "New GP refused to refill my Lunesta 2mg for insomnia. “Too dangerous” she said, and prescribed me 15mg Remeran. First night I slept 13 hours and had the worst sleep hangover ever next day. Almost had a panic attack in public because of the uneasiness I felt. Second day and I have anxiety and bad brain fog. Saw the psych today and he prescribed me Lunesta and rolled his eyes when I told him my GP gave me Remeran- he said “I’m sure you’re very groggy” um yes!!! This stuff makes me sleep but it’s unhealthy sleep because I can barely open my eyes in the AM. Can’t focus on anything and feel very irritable. I can’t wait to go to bed tonight and take a Lunesta so I can sleep off this nasty feeling from Remeran. My GP is a jerk."

Steph (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "Didn't have depression till I started taking this drug. I would suggest that if you wake up feeling very very depressed it could be this. I was given this to help me sleep, but beware it has some terrible side effects, for me anyway. A) as above B) it makes you sleep but hangs around for about 18hrs with intermitted depression C) zombie in and out of semi consciousness D) brain has a warping feel every 15mins.. Makes you off balance. E) makes you aggressive I took15mg on two nights and would not touch this again...the Morning depression is horror..and I don't even suffer depression."

Tri (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Depression: "This is not a miracle pill, it doesn't make you happy but it takes the edge off so it's easier to feel happier. For me Mirtazapine takes about a week to kick in and full effects from 2 weeks onwards. Without a doubt Mirtazapine has reduced my depression and anxiety. I can also eat solid foods without the phobia I had of choking, most days I was surviving on yogurt and soup and was borderline anorexic with zero energy. Overall this has been a good med for me. Had no bad side effects so far. I wouldn't class the increased appetite a side effect as I desperately needed to eat better."

Raven1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2018

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I had insomnia that had me sleeping max 4 hours a night for 8 months, so I was losing my mind. Mirtazapine improved my mood substantially, made me able to sleep, helped me function and reduced the worst of my depression symptoms significantly. It also completely stopped my full blown panic attacks - I have only ever experienced a much milder, limited symptom panic attack since having been put on it. Unfortunately, there is considerable weight gain and voracious appetite. I wasn't warned about this, so I went up 2-3 sizes within 2 months without realizing what was going on. I haven't been able to keep the weight off while on Remeron despite low cal diets etc. Keep an eye on your portions and calorie intake when starting this. I'd still rather be a couple sizes larger and no longer suicidal and able to sleep than skinny and unable to function!"

anon December 15, 2018

For Anxiety: "Hello, I find this drug very good, I have been suffering from severe anxiety and depression to the point I couldn’t even drive it was so bad. I was self medicating since I was 17-21 with benzodiazepines then 2 years on Sertraline but found my tolerance built to quickly and nothing worked anymore and got worse anxiety and depression so when I was prescribed Clozapam my tolerance shot up after two days so I was prescribed Mirtazapine and after two days with amazing sleep and minimal anxiety, I have a really strong natural tolerance to all drugs including coffee, alcohol, everything which sucks I’m just hoping it’s not the same for Mirtazapine. I take 7.5mg in the morning and 7.5mg evenings."

Jack (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "This has been a great drug for me. For most of my 35 years I have suffered with anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, poor appetite and more recently sleep issues. This drug has improved all of them, it's not perfect but it takes the edge off and I can live a normal life. I will never come off this drug as my life would be poor without it."

Exhibita (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2018

For Depression: "My dad took these tablets for nearly two weeks after suffering a short bout of depression (6 weeks) he was on these for 13 days before he committed suicide. I think these drugs are dangerous and do not rate them."

STC (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been taking Remeron for almost 2 years now. I suffered from insomnia my entire life, and I was 36 years old when I started taking it. I sleep like a baby now. I tried almost every other antidepressant on the market, they all made me manic and my blood pressure skyrocket. My doctor said this one is unique because it takes you down a few notches instead of giving you energy which was great for me. Getting a good nights sleep is so important for everyone. Especially with depression and anxiety. This helped me more than anything. I take 30 mg right before bedtime, I do have very vivid dreams but that's something I can deal with. It truly started helping me within the 1st week. I used to feel lucky to get 3 hours of sleep at night, now I get anywhere from 8-10."

Ash333 December 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "Been taking mirtazapine for 8 weeks. The first 6 was hard as it takes a while to kick in still get anxiety but it’s mild and low mood which is now mild too. I was taking 15mg for 4 weeks upped to 30mg took some getting used to with a little bit of increased anxiety for 2-3 weeks but hopefully with perseverance I will get my full life back. I’m 90 percent there. Don’t give up on them they do eventually start working and if u lost ur appetite like me and I lost 3 stone in 6 weeks you will definitely get it back. Sleep is a lot better. I have nightmares occasionally but the pros definitely outweigh the cons"

Anxietywarrior (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

For Depression: "It makes me sleep walk"

Salina1971 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been taking Mirtazapine for almost a week and it has reduced my anxiety. It's not perfect as I'm groggy half the next day but it seems to slow down my intrusive thoughts which trigger the panic and fast heart. I take 15mg before bedtime and it seems to help with sleep as well as my appetite which was non existent. So if you have anxiety along with poor sleep & appetite this drug could be your best bet. Hopefully this drug will help me long term!"

Gary33 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Depression: "I have to say this drug has really helped me. After a lifetime of outrunning the black dog he finally got me. Couldn’t leave the house or go into the garden, wanted to die, couldn’t eat or hold a conversation. I was definitely a risk to myself. My Dr put me on 15mg at first and it helped for a while and then after a few weeks we upped it to 30mg a day about 18 mths ago and I have now come down to 15mg with no consequences so far in the last 3 weeks . I will say I’ve put on a lot of weight which I am finding hard to lose, about an extra 4.5 stone that I really did not need I have noticed however that although everyone around me has been getting colds and flu over the last year at work and home I’ve not had even a sniffle since I started Mirtizapine which I thought was a bit odd"

James (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "Only on my second day because I hadn't slept for days, knocked me out totally but the fatigue has been awful, also very dizzy with nervous stomach and fast pulse, Contemplating stopping because I would rather feel rough through sleep depravation than feel like this"

Ariel (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

For Anxiety: "Firstly, I used Mirtazapine 3 years ago for a period of 3 months. During that period it worked for my anxiety and sleep. However, ever since I stopped it, my sleep pattern was kind of a erratic. I noticed that my REM sleep was badly affected and thus have ever since suffered from various forms of insomnia. I'm still struggling 3 years post treatment, but vowed to never get back to any form of medication to address my anxiety/insomnia."

Pat (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2018

For Depression: "I'm sleeping for over 20 hours! I cannot believe how long I am sleeping! All day and night. I won't be taking it anymore I'm going to speak to my doctor and care coordinator about this. The dreams I'm having are crazy. I've seen people comment on the fact that people have said they're sleeping to long. Don't comment on others, just comment on your own experience. My experience is I'm sleeping all day and all night. I've just woken up now at 2245!"

Jones (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "Good med for insomnia, not perfect as it doesn't always keep me asleep all night. The first morning on this I got up out of bed feeling very groggy and staggered sideways into my bedroom wall like I had drunk 10 vodka shots. The morning grogginess reduces after about a week but it's still there until afternoon."

Charley9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have severe insomnia, waking up 4x a night, taking a long time to fall asleep or no sleep at all. Mirtazapine does help give me a few more hours sleep which makes me less moody, but can't understand people who say they sleep 12 hours on this. It's not an anaesthetic."

LiamR (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I have tried Remeron in the past (15 years ago). It was very effective for me especially for anxiety and sleep but not for depression. I was also misdiagnosed in the past. Today, I take other meds which control my mood disorder plus I have symptoms of adult ADD which makes it difficult for me to stay focused or organized. I've been trying to finish college for the last four years but always quit or skipped semesters due to lack of focus and organization. Next time I see my doctor I will ask for Remeron ,but I'm afraid of weight gain. I guess I'll have to switch to other mood stabilizing moods that are considered weight neutral. I hope it works out this time."

JrZXC345 December 2, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...