User Reviews for Mirtazapine

Also known as: Remeron, Remeron SolTab

Learn more about Mirtazapine.

Hot Flashes 1 reviews 19 medications

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 21 reviews 5 medications

6.3
Summary of Mirtazapine reviews 733 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Mirtazapine

For Insomnia: "I have suffered from diagnosed depression and anxiety for years. The last 6 months I have insomnia that keeps me awake all night. I have tried many meds with limited success I have now been put on 1/2 tab (7.5mg) for one week and then I am to go to the full 15mgs for one week and see my doctor. After my first 6 days I sleep all night and all day. I am retired, I do not like the all day dizziness and sleepy feeling. I am on other meds too and suffer from chronic vertigo related problems from a TBI (traumatic brain injury) I don't like being too sleepy during day time tho I will try the 2 week formula. the comments from others have been very helpful,TY."

balenced (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have been going to a doctor for over a year and he has been great about trying different medication to get me out of a deep depression. Just recently he got a different job and now I see someone new. She is trying to take me off this medication and I am feeling low again. I don't want to go out or do anything. This medicine had me feeling great and wanting to do things. Even though I gained weight I feel it is best for me. I see her in a week and hopes she understands that I need this. I feel very strongly that I have PTSD. Wouldn't it be great if she understood this and I finally get to the bottom of my depression. Praying hard."

Itworked September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remeron SolTab (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I take Remeron Soltab (Mirtazapine) half an hour before bed for insomnia and depression and it has completely removed all my symptoms. Highly recommend for anyone with insomnia, depression or anxiety. It is also superbly effective for allergies and takes care of my runny and stuffed nose. It may be the strongest yet safest antihistamine for rhinitis. Sleep is good and refreshing. Not taking anything else, not needing anything else. Took me out of a really dangerous time in my life."

YippeeKaye September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed Mirtazapine for Insomnia. At first I thought the tablets was working well. Until I saw my weight increasing within 3 months from 63kg to 86kg and I also noticed that I battled to breath just after taking the tablet at night. Battling depression I am now faces with an image problem as well. Not a good tablet to use"

Yvlemach (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been on this med for 5 days now. I feel the hunger! I am constantly craving food. Sleep wise it knocks me out and keeps me asleep which is great as my anxiety usually wakes me up through out the night. I do feel a little better mood wise but not enough. I am on 15mg, one before bed. The groggy sleepy feeling has started to wear off today and I am able to function. I feel like this could work if it wasn't for the weight gain, I struggle with my weight as a size 14. I don't want to now feel depressed because I've put on weight. I've given it a 5 as I am still unsure, I don't know if I will renew this prescription."

KMH90 September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Been on mirtazipine for two years now. 45 mg at first must admit was not very enthusiastic as I had tried a few others but must admit given the way I was at the time was a godsend to me !! It took a good while to get into my system at the start . Sweats . Nightmares and even more panicking but once they started to work I have completely changed my life !! I am now back performing on stage singing and nobody would ever know that I suffer with depression! But one thing I am aware of is if I run out of my pills .. like I did when I went on holiday and decided to stay an extra 10 days !! I was in the world of trouble !! .. the withdrawal from such a dose is absolutely terrifying!! And needs to be done with support and doctors!!"

Nikki mc September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I had 2 days on this drug for long term insomnia. Side effects were horrible. Walking around in a fog beyond dense. Can barely function. Much rather not sleep."

Anonymous September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After years of being on depression medication and mood stabilizers my body stopped responding to my typical medications. My doctor called me in Remeron to try out. I took this drug for 2 days and had to stop due to extreme anger andk dar thoughts that are not typically me. My other half also went on this drug for a very short time because of the same issues. This medication is horrible"

MichelleAb September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have had Generalized Anxiety since a child along with panic issues. I'm now 28 and continue a life of anxiety. I had my share of drug abuse as well to self treat my anxiety but in the end all that stuff made my anxiety worse. Not my fault my docs could not treat me. I've been on a variety of anti depressants and anti anxiety meds but I don't get access to benzos anymore, even if I have a panic attack because my doctor refuses to ever trust me with anything addictive so I'm stuck with meds like mirtazapine. It is great for sleep that's for sure. Also great for nightmares. Oh man the nightmares I've had! Great stuff I say. The nightmares.. Not the drug. I've been on it over a month now at 7.5mg and I still have a lot of anxiety."

Jimmyjn121 September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Hey at least this one doesn't make me manic and suicidal like Zoloft, Prozac or Paxil. Mirtazipine seems to be the gentle cousin of these drugs. I can't really say it helps with my depression or anxiety to much but it knocks me out and doesn't seam to effect my REM sleep that's a blessing with this disorder. Though I am only 15 mg and I know this is not typically the dose for anxiety and depression I am just weary of anything that boosts serotonin."

Ruff Samurai (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed 15 mg Remeron for insomnia. I will say that it worked to put me to sleep and keep me asleep, HOWEVER, I notice that I am super groggy in the morning even after a full night of sleep. It took me 3-4 hours to shake off the effects of the meds, which is definitely not ideal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am a leukemia patient and after all the meds I've been on and still are on sleep can be a challenge to say the least. I was originally put on 15 mg of Remeron at bedtime to help gain weight for Bone marrow transplantation (BMT) but found it helpful for sleep as well. After taking it for 2 years it started not to work as well, so now I take 1mg Ativan and 15 mg Remeron for sleep. It takes about 2-3 hours to kick in but I sleep an average of 8-9 hours a night. Cup of coffee after breakfast and I'm not groggy. Hope this somehow helps."

ENS74 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been taking Remeron for about three years, at various dosages. It does a great job of handling my depression without aggravating my anxiety. It also gives me severe munchies, especially for carbs. But otherwise I have no side effects. Which is a first with me and antidepressants; the SSRIs in particular wrecked me. My doctor told me that usually, people who can't take SSRIs will be able to tolerate Remeron."

Serene Celine (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been taking the drug for about 5 years for an anxiety. It was an absolute godsend for me. It takes a few days for the body to settle in but it's worth it. It allows me to function normally. Yes it does have a sedative effect but l take it at night which only helps me get to sleep. Yes l still suffer from mild anxiety occasionally but it is manageable. This allows me to focus on the cause which is usually procrastination of life issues such as money/health."

Greggles August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Worst psychiatric drug I've ever taken. I've had bad side effects from regular SSRI's, so I was put on Mirtazapine 30mg. It knocked me out and turned me into a depressed zombie. I had SEVERE sedation, confusion, and dizziness which lasted all of next day. This continued for 4 days. It also made me extremely suicidal and I had to get an emergency Ketamine infusion which instantly lifted my depression and suicidal thoughts. Never taking this again."

Ar7897 August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have started the mirtaz 7.5mg from last night. Unfortunately, I strongly feel the dizziness."

JH Alaric August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medicine is a godsend. Being 100% honest I didn't like it because of the vivid nightmares but THEY DO STOP WITH CONTINUED USAGE. Don't give up too soon. The vivid nightmares stopped after my 5 day of taking this drug. Now, 2 weeks later my nightmares are gone and have normal dreams that don't involve death, violence or carnage. I sleep well and awaken rested. Some days there is a little groggy feelings in the morning but they wear off as you start moving. A cup of coffee helps as well. My appetite has increased and several people complain of weight gain. YOU WILL GAIN TOO MUCH WEIGHT IF YOU STAY SEDENTARY. I started lifting weights and doing planks and push-ups. That keeps the weight gain at bay."

G-Dub (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "In one night my life changed , I passed out without any reason and the next day I was depressed, I couldn't eat and sleep. I was extremely tired and my blood pressure was very high. I also had regularly heart palpitations. After several medical examinations I was put on mirtazapine: Effect on sleep: works instantly, sometimes I did get weird dreams but after 4 weeks this also passed. Effect on depressed mood: it took 2 weeks before I experienced that my mood was getting better, after 4 weeks my mood was good. Effect on appetite: you get hungry but not very extremely. Side effects: the drug makes you extremely tired but this took exactly a month before it wears off. Now my energy is completely back. I am on this medicine for 6 weeks"

Kaan (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed 15MG for anxiety, nervousness and troubles sleeping. I struggled to fall asleep and only slept for 3-5 hours I'm now getting a full nights sleep 8 hrs+. I recommend taking them a good 1-2 hrs before bed, (I usually take them at 20:00 and my alarm is set for 7:00 - 7:30). I find it a struggle to get up and out of bed but that is normal for me. I get a really good night sleep and some pretty funky dreams. If I do wake up for any reason it isn't long before I fall back to sleep. They melt on your tongue and have a slight orangey taste, and leave your mouth numb but not for long. My anxiety has calmed down a lot and was sleeping a bit better after week 3. My appetite increased for the 1st month but returned to normal."

Sarah199 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Knocks me out cold for 10 hours with no break in between. I wake up in the morning with my bladder ready to explode. But the sleep I got was not restful. I did not wake up feeling fresh. I started with 15mg and moved to 30mg after 2 weeks. It worked for 8 months that I took it. Then I stopped it to test myself. Have hardly slept in 2-1/2 months since then. May have to go back to Mirtazapine. But I am thinking of trying something else before I do that."

cant_sleep01 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been taking low dose mirtazapine (3.75 mgs) for about 10 wks now for anxiety, insomnia and mild depression. I was prescribed this after being unable to tolerate SSRI anti depressants and having a very bad reaction to Lexapro. Mirtazapine has worked well for insomnia and I started noticing improvements in anxiety levels and mood within 3-4 wks of starting. I initially had a mild increase in appetite but no weight gain, and my appetite is now normal. The drawback to this med is daytime fatigue/groggy sensation that does not lift until late afternoon. I was told this would improve with time, but it has not. For this reason I will likely taper off the med soon - not something I can put up with long term despite being effective for insomnia/anxiety."

Babe21 August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been on this mirtazapine for over a mo. Started out 30mg but went to 45mg, Then my dr. said stop taking it and started me on a different med. Could not take what he gave me so he said I could start back on 45mg. mirtazpine but it has been over a week and I really would try to to not take it, Would it be ok not to take it . I'm a little anxious today."

Anonymous August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Overall, I would rate 7.5mg of Mirtazapine two hours before bed as an awesome remedy for severe to extreme Insomnia, with little to no side effects. I had tried all kinds of sleep aids ranging from ambien to benzodiapines, with no effects. I am non to limited responder to Ativan and other benzos. Mirtazapine works great for me, I get 7-9hrs of sleep, but only when I use the 7.5mg orally disintegrating tablets from Aurobindo. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use the regular tablets. They had very limited effect on me. Mirtazapine will cause some drowsiness if I do not get the full 9 hours of rest, or have to get up early. This is easily mitigated by vitamin b12/C powder. Mirtazapine sleep feels natural and refreshing."

JaMeS44538 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This drug has helped me immensely with sleep. I have been taking it for almost 3 weeks at 7.5mg. I got on it after a bad run with benzos. My insomnia was relentless insomnia from the withdrawals. Seroquel left me feeling gross. Mirtazapine has allowed me some relief by sleeping around 5 hours a night. Wish it was more but the insomnia from benzos is almost impenetrable and I just hope it improves in time!"

Dee_Dee1991 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Not only was this medicine not helpful, it made me a zombie. I took a quarter of a pill in the lowest dose available. Within 15 minutes I literally could not function and had to stop what I was in the middle of and go to bed. I woke up after a full nights rest and was still in a fog. As I drove to work, I was so out of it. I would snap back to reality for a second and be scared that I passed my exit, which was still miles away, because I just wasn't with it. I also nearly missed an appointment because (despite reminding myself more than once during the day that I needed to get to this appointment) I completely forgot. I stayed in a zombie like state all day."

Reddhead August 7, 2017