User Reviews for Mirtazapine

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
6.2

Summary of Mirtazapine reviews 7.1 993 reviews

Reviews for Mirtazapine

For Anxiety: "Have been on mirazepine for 15 days while withdrawing from Clonazepam. I have been unable to sleep in my room at night. My anxiety goes up and I start feeling like I can’t breathe when I lay down. I stay awake all night and sleep during the day for at least 4. Hours. I have been staying awake for whole night Not sure if anxiety is from backing down on Clonazepam or introducing mirazepine. Also have leg pains from sciatica and neuropathy. The sciatica started a week ago and is very painful. I am up and down with pain going down left leg and I take Aleve that does not stop the pain. Also have loss of taste withdrawing from Clonazepam (1 mg twice a day) Have been taking it for many years. I am in pain and not sleeping as I write this message. My primary doctor said I have two more weeks for Clonazepam to get out of my system. And two more weeks until Mirazepine gets into my system. I wonder if anyone else has had similar experience."

Stunner March 17, 2019

For Anxiety: "Taken mirtazapine for 3 weeks and the sides have been really hard. First two days I suffered with extremely intense rage, then every since it has been a rollercoaster journey. It has increased every emotion, confidence and insecurities, happiness and depression. The ying and the yang. Etc... the good and the bad. I feel at a crossroad now. Will I win or the illness? I think picking the correct road will make or break this medication. Wish me luck."

Joey (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

For Insomnia: "Mirtazapine has always worked for my insomnia. No drowsiness at all in the morning. I take 15 mg at night"

Aleigh66 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2019

For Anxiety: "It has taken me 4 years to get off mitazapine. The withdrawal symptoms were horrendous. It did nothing for me, but made me gain weight and it made my life miserable. Stay away from this stuff, you will spare your self from misery and suffering due to discontinuation syndrome."

Hopeful (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2019

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: " My 15 year old brother was on this when he commited suicide. I do NOT recommend at all. Our world has been shattered."

LoveLaine (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2019

For Insomnia: "Been taking Mirtazapine for insomnia, anxiety & poor appetite for a few months. Initially 15mg which helped with my sleep, anxiety & appetite. My doctor decided to up my dose to 30mg but after a week or two I gradually started to feel worse and my symptoms came back again. We have reduced the dose to 15mg again and my anxiety is lower plus I'm sleeping & eating better again. We are all different but personally I feel much better on lower doses of this drug."

Hydro (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019

For Depression: "I have been taking mirtazapine 15mg for 7 days before bedtime for anxiety depression and insomnia and it's the worst experience ever. Although early days it has given me more anxiety, so much dizziness and very restless nights. I feel absolutely awful and also can't stop eating. I have been going around feeling like a drunk all day every day. It's definitely not for me and I refuse to continue taking it ever again. Doctors should warn people about the side effects before giving it to patients so they can have a choice of other AD's. Plus the weight gain is ridiculous on mirtazapine. It did absolutely nothing for me but stress me out worrying about the affects it was having on me. So whilst it may work for others it's good bye mirtazapine for me"

Angel21 (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2019

For Anxiety: "Great short term to control the symptoms of anxiety, but this medication has possibly the highest ‘poop-out’ rate of all antidepressants as most people I know who have taken it, including myself found that the positive impacts it was having on our sleep and appetites gradually wore off. Many better medications out there for anxiety."

Qldcan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2019

For Depression: "I have suffered with depression for around 7/8 years. I changed from citalopram to mirtazipine. I had mixed effects from them. They helped me sleep a lot better but that was the only positive from them. My paranoia, depression, self harm and suicidal thoughts all worsened. I experienced weight gain despite eating healthily. In the end I stopped taking the mirtazipine as I didn’t feel safe taking it any more. I was close to talking my life several times."

Abs (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2019

For Insomnia: "I was initially prescribed mirtazapine in the ER after psychiatric emergency situation. It made me sleep for 15 hours and I was afraid to take it after that as I have full time work and family obligations. That was 3 years ago and I have a new psychiatrist who said that at low doses it hits sleep receptors in the brain but at higher doses is an effective antidepressant that also helps insominia (severe for years now). Starting with 30 mg today and she said to increase right away to 45mg if I am overly sleepy again. No luck with a dozen other antidepressants throughout my life and currently clonazapam with clonidine for sleeping. Fingers crossed."

Healthkitten March 2, 2019

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "ok so I took this last night to sleep at the dose of 15mg. It's horrible the next day I'm sleeping all day zero energy feels extremely sedated and zombie like. I will never take it again."

guymalta (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Good for getting you to sleep at 15 mg but the next day horrendous depression, amplified ten times. My aggression increased too. Was on this two months but had no effect on depression, not at all. All that it did the next day was make me want to curl up. Came off of it feel a lot better."

mike7777777 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2019

For Anxiety: "I was suffering terribly with anxiety and depression, I tried various antidepressants but mirtazipine I feel works the best for me. I sleep better, on the odd occasion I wake up I am able to get back to sleep. Not slept through the night for 8 years before going on this. Anxiety has been reduced where it is manageable to live with. Just upped my dose to 30mg to try and lift my mood. Anxiety and depression are cruel but remember you are not alone, it's baby steps all the way x"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2019

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "Although very effective it gave me tremendous side effects such as dry mouth, weight gain and daytime sleepiness along with decreased libido.All side effects were not worth the benefit"

tomnik (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2019

For Depression: "Worst experience of my life after taking 30mg of this slept 20 hours solid I had slurred speech was completely out of it had palpitations, head ache muscle spasms, anxiety and I was very aggressive. The paramedics were called out to me and I was told I had a severe reaction to it. It took 3 days to feel half normal again I would rather have the anxiety and depression than touch this evil drug"

T j 78 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2019

For Insomnia: "It's been my 3rd time on this med for sleep and the 3rd time I've quit it! The weight gain from insane appetite for sugar/carbs always = I can't fit in my clothes anymore. I have willpower of steel but this is indescribable - I guess it's what an addict feels like. I HAVE to eat. It does work for sleep but it's NOT a sleeping pill. Found a Dr who would prescribe Ambien and now I'm sleeping and losing the weight!"

LG (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2019

For Insomnia: "This drug can cause dry eye in some people ,although it is not stated in the list of side effects . I took the drug for 18 months for insomnia and was not aware that it was causing uncomfortable dry eye. I was on a low dose 15mg and only started getting dry itchy eyes when starting the drug. I did not think there was a connection. I stopped taking Mirtazapine by tapering down until I was completely off it. Dry eye then disappeared ! Now have started a tiny dose (about a quarter of 15mg ) to help with return insomnia and my eyes are affected again but not to the same degree .It SHOULD be listed as a possible side effect as I cannot be the only person affected ."

Andie (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2019

For Insomnia: "This was prescribed for my insomnia resulting from anxiety. Give it a couple of weeks to work. I had a couple of poor nights of sleep during the first two weeks, but I’m glad I was patient with it. This removed the burden of insomnia while I focused on treating the anxiety. I attribute my recovery to the combination of this drug, CBT, exercise, meditation, and good sleep hygiene practices. I was able to gradually to come off of this drug completely. I recommend coming off of this very slowly. Insomnia is tough, but hang in there you can beat it."

Alex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2019

For Insomnia: "I fall asleep easily but wake up once or twice a night and again up very early, gradually until I ended up sleeping 1 or two hours a night. Decided to go on AD and my GP prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg. Last night was my first night, I slept for 3.5h then I was up for 1h, I fell asleep again till 7am. I had some VIVID DREAMS but my sleep didn't feel very deep so I don't know if this is working properly as I was hoping to be sleeping for like 10 hours or something (Much needed sleep) I had no appetite whatsoever and I am loosing weight very fast. Now it is my first day and I am here typing, no major side effects so far except feeling a tiny bit dizzy (Nothing major). I am getting very nervous being on AD but it is what it is. I don't know if this drug will help but I have no choice ! Hope everyone will get better !"

Anonymous February 14, 2019

For Depression: "Over 21 yrs I’ve been on prozac, sertraline and citalopram. Doc recently prescribed me mirtazapine. I’ve taken only one 15 mg dose last night at 8pm. Was asleep within an hour. Woke this morning to go to work but was unable to as I felt unsafe to drive due to sleepiness, disorientation and confusion. It’s now 4pm and I still feel confused, sleepy and disorientated. I’m worried about how these are going to effect my employment and family life as I am a mother and wife."

Clarebear (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

For Anxiety: "So far only 10th day in but slightly improved. I have intrusive thoughts OCD which bring on intense anxiety. I am on 15mg mirtazapine at moment and a bit afraid to go higher in case get increased anxiety. Any advice on this or is it good to combine with another antidepressant rather than increase?"

Welshwarbler (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have taken Mirtazapine 15mg for a week. My sleep has improved greatly. I don’t feel anxious BUT I’m always hungry! I’ve gained 5 pounds in a week. My doctor said that my appetite will decrease soon as my body gets used to the medication. Hopefully he is correct. I however I’m to a point that I rather be fat than not being able to sleep due to anxiety."

NancySal (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Used it for a few nights. Great for sleep, but felt terrible the entire next day. Couldn't handle that side effect."

Pocariboy (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2019

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I have been getting better sleep. Certainly feel less edgy than when I was on zoloft. Still feel tired but I am sure after consistent use that will go away."

Invc January 30, 2019

For Anxiety: "I've taken this for depression/anxiety for 12 days. I take 15mg before bed & now sleep 11 hours, it was 3-6 hrs max before. I am worried about some side effects. I was given the type that melt on your tongue, they numbed my mouth for 20 mins, like a local anasthetic. They've been changed to the normal pills now, so better. I use a fitbit & I've noticed my resting heart rate has risen from 61-64 constant for years to 75-76 for the last 12 days (the period I've been on Mirtazapine). I mentioned it to my doc who has booked me in for a CT scan. I have a small arrythmia (irregular heartbeat) I've had for years so a bit worried. I also have strange tingling like a constant small electric shock inside my mouth on the left side, not painful, just annoying. I also get some vivid dreams (that's ok, I like dreams!) I don't seem to get the big appetite everyone mentions. If anything, I've less of an appetite. Has anyone else had the increase in heart rate that you've noticed or recorded?"

Me January 27, 2019