User Reviews for Celexa

Depression 287 reviews 80 medications

7.4
Summary of Celexa reviews 581 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Celexa

For Anxiety and Stress "I took Celexa for a yr. It gave me energy an made me anxious . I gained 40 pds and it made me yawn alot. I went off of it."

Aderline gurl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 20, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking celexa over a year ago for anxiety and stress. I had some mild side effects the first week, but it has been great since then. I started on 10mg and switched to 20mg after a month and have been at that prescription since. It probably took at least a month before I started noticing a difference. I take it at night and don't have any troubles sleeping or any other side effects. This medicine has completely changed my perspective. I'm much more calm and just happier all around. I used to be very high strung and easily stressed, but not anymore! Highly recommend!"

LoveCelexa (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

For Depression "I'm 18 and on my third day of celexa, I've had depression 3+ years now and have gone unmedicated. I finally agreed to try celexa 30MG and .25MG of xanax. Changing my life and cannot wait for even more improvement. Only issues so far is some insomnia and CONSTANT yawning but it's a small price to pay!"

Em98 (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2016

For Depression "I felt like a zombie on this medication, gained weight, had no sex drive, and basically walked around not knowing what was going on. Definitely wouldn't recommend based on my own experience."

Ang.S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been taking the off brand for over 2 weeks and I'm starting to feel the anxiety reducing effects. No nausea or GI problems thus far. For the first 3 days I felt a little out of it around an hour and a half after taking it, so I started taking it at night and that has completely resolved the issue. Started on 10mg for around 9 days to get accustomed to it and have been on the 20 mg for 2 days now. My anxiety wasn't severe (diagnosed w mild anxiety-stress related) & no panic attacks. I think the type of anxiety/severity will influence the way the drug acts on you, but it's been good for me so far :)"

Anon0000099 September 6, 2016

For Depression "I never write reviews but have read a thousand reviews about anxiety and depression. This drug Celexa saved me changed my life and I have been on everything under the sun this has been the only thing to stop my racing thoughts my anxiety and depression. Try this! My only issues is difficult reaching orgasm I fan just difficult but I can deal with that! I take 30mg a day."

EricB73 September 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I started on 10mg after quitting drinking and starting AA and I had to increase my dose to 20. So I've been on 20 for a week and I was on 10 for about 3 weeks before. I feel great. My anxiety level is so low and manageable and so is my negative thinking and my anger towards everyone. I have the right perspectives just couldn't apply them before and now I find it easy to. I don't freak out, get mad, irritated and frustrated like I used to. Life is easier to handle but you still need tools. So far my sex drive is still there tho it might take a little more effort to orgasm but not bec I don't feel it as much but bec it's hard to reach a certain level fast enough. My cravings for alcohol and sweet foods is very low. I'm motivated."

EvaGurl (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Best. I started taking this and thought oh this isn't going to help me... It was maybe 2 months in and I didn't feel different. After about 4 months taking it I was a completely different person when it came to my anxiety and panic attacks. I completely stopped having them and I was just overall a more stress free person. By far one of my favorites.. I recommend this to anyone that has very bad anxiety and doesn't want to be on something addictive like benzodiazepines."

Suezi q August 29, 2016

For Depression "Hello everyone, I've been on Celexa for almost 5 months now. On my 5th month, my doc bumped me up to 60mg. I initially started taking Celexa for depression. At first it seemed like I had a ton of energy, and I felt better than ever. After the first month, I was not feeling better anymore. Although my dosage has increased, I still don't feel a sense of relief. I do however have no anxiety. I don't dwell on mistakes I make like I used to. I actually feel very relaxed. So relaxed to where, I'm very lazy. I think I've gained at least 7 lbs on Celexa, probably mainly due to my sedentary lifestyle. I really don't have much energy to do anything. I can function and go to work and all, I just feel blah."

vagabond16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was originally on Buspar but for some reason the anxiety started to come back. So I went to my PCP and after talking options it was decided 10mg of Celexa would help. So this is the 17th day on Cit and things seem to be starting to even out.Had stomach issues on days 1-3 but went away. Sexual effects also popped up but after checking with the wife things still work on request, but just takes a bit longer.One thing that's certainly still there is the increased anxiety. It's not as bad as it was but still there.If you decide to go with this this really can make the anxiety worse.So between the 60mg of Buspar, the occasional Propranolol for the days the anxiety is super bad cuz of Celexa (which is getting better) I think this drug will work."

Thunder111 (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I started on Celexa 20mg for anxiety in hopes to stop my Xanax. 6 hours after my 2nd dose I felt VERY IRRITABLE my skin felt like it was burning, I was at work and in my bosses office and stripped of my clothes and I couldn't help it. I felt jittery and like I wasn't myself. I will never take this again"

Anonymous August 13, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have had panic attacks and anxiety for many years. This year, I found out that I had colon cancer, got referred to a surgeon and had surgery within 2 weeks. I found that the panic attacks and anxiety, sometimes sadness and crying bouts started as I began to recover and process this experience. My doctor recommended Celexa over Cymbalta because she said that with women in particular, this was better for anxiety as opposed to depression. So far, I've found that the drug makes me sleepy and a little muddled in thinking right after I take it. I did have some nausea, but that went away quickly. I'm switching to taking it at night since I feel pretty good about 12 hours after taking it. It does relieve anxiety and am panic attacks."

Osepha August 13, 2016

For Depression "25 yr old, female. I've been taking 20 mg for 2 weeks now. Only side effect was insomnia so I started taking it in the morning. Maybe a loss in sex drive? No other side effects though. It hasn't kicked in yet."

Lexington40 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was diagnosed with GAD (general anxiety disorder) I was previously on cipralex and felt like a zombie taking it. I didn't want to take it anymore so my doctor prescribed me celexa about a month ago. I have a bit of a hard time sleeping, tossing and turning but overall I do get my rest. I feel drowsy after the first few hours of taking it. Little bit irritable sometimes, short of patience. Over all I'm not overthinking at night anymore, not stressing nearly as much and actually have motivation to do the things I want to."

Jayme12345 August 8, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I took Celexa for 2 weeks and quit because the side effects are INSANE. I rolled for the first 3 days. I felt AMAZING... waves of euphoria, pretty dancing rainbows, everything sensory felt incredible BUT I had no emotion or empathy and only cared about feeling good and stopped caring about people in my life or work. Had no regard for consequences, yelled at people who "ruined my vibe", refused to help people at work. Day 3 I jumped from 6 cigarettes a day to a pack and a half because it felt so good to smoke. Treated my husband as a personal servant only there to make me feel good and yelled at him if I was slightly bothered. No anxiety at all, but turned me into a hedonistic jerk who cared about nothing but immediate sensory gratification."

CelexaWasLikeMDMAforMe (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

For Depression "Just got prescribed 10 milligrams, Thank God I decided to cut it in half just to see how I reacted to it, took it at night. Felt the effects in about a half hour, didn't sleep to well, felt wierd. Got in the morning to let the dog out and almost hit the floor, very dizzy. I do feel more relaxed today, and somewhat better. I was told most people don't even know they are taking it , starts to work in about 4 weeks. Not me must be very sensative to it. I think I will try 5 milligrams again tonight and see how it goes. I will keep you all informed."

Con 22250 August 6, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "First time ever trying any medication for anxiety which I have struggled with for years. I took Celexa for 6 days 10/mg once a day. Throughout taking it, I noticed that my feelings started to dull. Everything was very level and it was hard to be anxious - or excited, or happy, or really much of anything. I got sexual side effects starting on the 3rd day, which was the deal breaker for me. As much as I liked that it calmed my racing thoughts, the constant fog, feeling of not being myself/me, and the inability to orgasm made it no-go for me. Celexa WAS effective for my GAD / social anxiety, but the side effects were terrible."

sketchai (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "My doctor prescribed this for my Menopausal mood swings and headaches. It worked for a while and then I started having profuse sweating, not that I needed any help in that department due to my hot flashes! I would be soaked at work and if I just did the smallest chore at home. I weaned off and am now trying Effexor."

JustANurse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2016

For Depression "I've been on celexa (40mg) for several months. I'm a 55 year old female; post menopausal. I'm finding that although my sexual desire seems to have returned, actual enjoyment or ability to experience an orgasm is impossible What can I do to counter-act this response?"

Angelsbyme (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

For Depression "Best medication ever I'm on 20 mg .its very important to take the medication for 6 weeks before you give up.most side effects go away after 6 weeks"

Jackie girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 22, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this medication for a week, after switching from Zoloft. My doctor started me on 20mg. I made the mistake of immediately going online to read reviews. Instead, my advice is to let the medication start to take effect. You will make yourself feel worse if you read the negative reviews. I can say that one week on this medication has turned out better than my previous medication. Everyone is different, so I think I found the one that works. Initially, you may have some insomnia, but it will pass once you start to feel more relaxed. I did have some tingly feelings in the hands, but that passed after day 4. I felt a head rush of sorts the first 5-6 days, where I felt high, but it too passed for me."

StressedMommy July 21, 2016

For Depression "I've been on celexa for almost a month and I feel much better then before. I haven't noticed any side effects other then not sleeping more then four hours but that was me before I started celexa 20mg. I explained to my doctor about my sleep patterns and she wants to up my dose to 40mg and I'm really not sure about that because I don't want the side effects of a higher dose. I still have little anxiety and mild depression but it's only been 3 weeks I think a little more time on 20mg I'll be back to me. I'm also afraid if I go up in dose to 40mg will I lose my sex drive? I'd rather not I'm ok where I am. She said for me not to be afraid of it, example it's like a blood pressure medication you have to adjust that works for you."

Barbie197937 July 20, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was just prescribed this yesterday. I'm starting at 20mg. After my first dose, I already feel better. I had a peaceful calm feeling. I've tried every ssri except for paxil and i think I've found the one. I switched from luvox. It was ok but felt like something else would be better. Especially because of luvox side effects. The other plus to celexa is I'm not hungry. I've gained 30lbs previously from zoloft. I've lost some since stopping. I'm hoping celexa continues to help with weight loss. I've got a good feeling about this."

Lalm July 15, 2016

For Depression "Celexa has changed my life. The first couple days I was yawning uncontrollably which is a rare side effect. After that I started to feel like a robot almost. I just did things, I didn't think too much about anything. I guess maybe that's why it helps with depression. But not only does it suppress the bad thoughts. It also suppresses the positive and creative thoughts."

JordanStaub (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on Celexa for years, just some advice for people who take this medication. If your feeling sick drink a glass of milk and cut down on your water in take, your just flushing it out your system. 20 year plus anxiety suffer,"

road ready July 12, 2016