User Reviews for Celexa

Depression 281 reviews 78 medications

7.4
Summary of Celexa reviews 564 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Celexa

For Anxiety and Stress "My doctor prescribed this for my Menopausal mood swings and headaches. It worked for a while and then I started having profuse sweating, not that I needed any help in that department due to my hot flashes! I would be soaked at work and if I just did the smallest chore at home. I weaned off and am now trying Effexor."

JustANurse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2016

For Depression "I've been on celexa (40mg) for several months. I'm a 55 year old female; post menopausal. I'm finding that although my sexual desire seems to have returned, actual enjoyment or ability to experience an orgasm is impossible What can I do to counter-act this response?"

Angelsbyme (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

For Depression "Best medication ever I'm on 20 mg .its very important to take the medication for 6 weeks before you give up.most side effects go away after 6 weeks"

Jackie girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 22, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this medication for a week, after switching from Zoloft. My doctor started me on 20mg. I made the mistake of immediately going online to read reviews. Instead, my advice is to let the medication start to take effect. You will make yourself feel worse if you read the negative reviews. I can say that one week on this medication has turned out better than my previous medication. Everyone is different, so I think I found the one that works. Initially, you may have some insomnia, but it will pass once you start to feel more relaxed. I did have some tingly feelings in the hands, but that passed after day 4. I felt a head rush of sorts the first 5-6 days, where I felt high, but it too passed for me."

StressedMommy July 21, 2016

For Depression "I've been on celexa for almost a month and I feel much better then before. I haven't noticed any side effects other then not sleeping more then four hours but that was me before I started celexa 20mg. I explained to my doctor about my sleep patterns and she wants to up my dose to 40mg and I'm really not sure about that because I don't want the side effects of a higher dose. I still have little anxiety and mild depression but it's only been 3 weeks I think a little more time on 20mg I'll be back to me. I'm also afraid if I go up in dose to 40mg will I lose my sex drive? I'd rather not I'm ok where I am. She said for me not to be afraid of it, example it's like a blood pressure medication you have to adjust that works for you."

Barbie197937 July 20, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was just prescribed this yesterday. I'm starting at 20mg. After my first dose, I already feel better. I had a peaceful calm feeling. I've tried every ssri except for paxil and i think I've found the one. I switched from luvox. It was ok but felt like something else would be better. Especially because of luvox side effects. The other plus to celexa is I'm not hungry. I've gained 30lbs previously from zoloft. I've lost some since stopping. I'm hoping celexa continues to help with weight loss. I've got a good feeling about this."

Lalm July 15, 2016

For Depression "Celexa has changed my life. The first couple days I was yawning uncontrollably which is a rare side effect. After that I started to feel like a robot almost. I just did things, I didn't think too much about anything. I guess maybe that's why it helps with depression. But not only does it suppress the bad thoughts. It also suppresses the positive and creative thoughts."

JordanStaub (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on Celexa for years, just some advice for people who take this medication. If your feeling sick drink a glass of milk and cut down on your water in take, your just flushing it out your system. 20 year plus anxiety suffer,"

road ready July 12, 2016

For Depression "I am a long time sufferer from depression and anxiety and adhd and ptsd....well you name it I have been diagnosed it. I recently...like right now tried to get off celexa....head hurts so bad i cannot stand up. Been awful. Its been 3 days and i am throwing in the towel and going to go pick it up at pharmacy. Yes it works on depression and a tad for anger but I still do have episodes of anger and depression which at times I wonder are worse than before. The thing is i guess you never do know unless someone monitors you before and after. Honestly i think excercise and healthy eating would have worked just as well. I can definitley say it makes you more tired. I can say this..DONT TAKE THIS MEDICATION UNLESS YOUR SERIOUSLY IN NEED."

JessieJ35 July 8, 2016

For Depression "I have only been on Celexa for 4 days. I take 10mg. I sleep very little, sweating, naseau and have become very anxious about everything. I do drink a lot of water. I just want to feel like myself again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Im 16 years old, before i started taking celexa i was experiencing panick attacks about everynight. I didnt know what was going on with me at all. I was so scared all the time i thought i was going to die, have a stroke, have a heart attack, etc. but of course that was from the panick attacks but i didnt know better it's very hard living with anxiety at 16 years of age, but both my mother and my father have it. anyways i went to see my doctor, told him what i was experiencing and he knew right away just from the way i was explaining it and the way i was reacting. First he put me on 20mg of it the first couple weeks i noticed a big difference but was still anxious! Now im on 40mg and i feel great not 100% but way better! 6-7 weeks on it!!"

DylanBra4716 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I rarely post online reviews, but I recognize that most people only post reviews when they don't like something, so I wanted to sort of offset that here. I'm in my mid-twenties and female. I've suffered with severe anxiety and depression for several years due to trauma. Enter Celexa. To be fair, I went to therapy for several months before deciding to go on medication (and was feeling a bit better), but I still experienced severe anxiety that the therapy wasn't helping. I started feeling better after the first week on Celexa, and things have only improved from there. I've been taking it for around three months and my anxiety/depression is almost completely gone. I've had no sexual side effects whatsoever, no weight gain, no issues."

QuietWaffle (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "So far so good. I m only four days into taking it. I take it at lunchtime everyday, and notice I get a bit drowsy and yawn like crazy for a couple of hours after I take it. HOWEVER, my anxiety is already feeling better so this side effect is nothing in comparison! My anxiety was becoming debilitating, just so much stress... lost my mom to cancer, my cat passed away, going through a possible separation, just horribly stressful situations now. I have a lot of support from my family and friends and feel like this is first step in getting back in check."

Hadleyogram June 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was diagnosed with panic disorder over a year ago and basically was a wreck. I couldn't drive, leave the house, even talk on the phone. I sought out a psychiatrist who put me on Paxil...it helped me get my life back, but, it also made me restless, zombified, and I gained 30 pounds (I'm normally quite thin)..I moved and got a different doctor who put me on Celexa 20 mg because she claimed it had less side effects and my weight would go back to normal. Boy, was she right. It was a rough week of med transition, but I can sleep again normal, I feel more alert and less groggy during the day, still can orgasm, and I'm slowly going down on my weight. I love this medication."

Boneflowers (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was prescribed 20mg but found that I felt stupid and slow and I had some sexual side effects.. not all bad either..I could go foreverrr. I went down to 10 mg and that seems to be the sweet spot for me. Has been a life changer tho, I felt as tho my brain was ADHD and this let's me form clearer trains of thought, reduces my social anxiety and helps my depression. Sexual side effects seem to have gone away also. The one complaint is that each new script seems to be slightly different (good luck not getting generics) and it takes a few days to adjust. 90 day scripts with half a pill means 180 days between bottles so not a huge deal but certainly worth mentioning."

No not gonna tell ya who i am June 21, 2016

For Depression "I have been on this awhile I take it at night so I don't feel tired durning the day"

Anonymous June 15, 2016

For Depression "I have been on celexa for about a week and a half, ever since I had noticed a loss of appetite, and zombie like. But, as how I used to feel without the medication at first, I feel more calm and less anxious. As for the constant panic attacks that I was having, celexa helped ease it a lot. Yes, I feel tired all the time and unable to sleep well. Luckily I am taking Ristoril along with it. I am able to sleep my good eight hours, before waking up to go to college every morning. I am considering to talk with my doctor, to see if he can at least lower the dosis a bit to 10mg. I am currently taking 20mg. That way, the side effects won't take it's toll on me."

Jan87 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

For Depression "i have tried almost all SSRI that are commonly used and celexa works just like all the rest of them. It makes me feel out of it like I'm not really here and makes me extremely tired I sleep about 4 hours a day. It does help with some of my anxiety not all of it and it does help with anger"

Cmcm May 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "this worked in beginning-then gave me insomnia, restless leg syndrome, shakes and more angry. It could no longer take it ,I had to get off."

lisamariemarie May 10, 2016

For Depression "I take 20 mg of Celexa and 300 of Welbutrin. When I don't take them, I'm much more irritable. I can still feel sadness and happiness, I just feel level somehow. If you stop cold turkey, it causes nausea, for me anyways, and i can tell I feel different off them. Still have some obsessive tendencies but overall, I wouldn't want to not take them."

Melmoe May 7, 2016

For Depression "I was on celexa for about 3 months, started with 10 mg. and raised up to 20 when I felt no changes. After going up to 20, i felt constantly tired, drowsy and like a walking zombie. My anxiety and depression only got worse, it caused me to have thoughts of suicide and self harm and I just felt worse overall. My experience on celexa was terrible and I would not recomend this drug at all."

Joycee222 May 6, 2016

For Depression "I started taking this after resisting medication for acute depression. I'm going through a life changing situation that won't last forever so I am hoping my time on this med will be limited to just a year. This is day 3 of 10mg. My only complaint is that I seem to have to poo constantly (not diarrhea). I'm worried about the libido issue and not enough time has passed for me to know if it'll become a problem. I seem to take longer to fall asleep and feel that I'm sleeping much lighter than before. Every little sound or movement from my husband wakes me. Other than that it's been positive. Yesterday I was actually a little bit giddy. I haven't been like that in over a year. It felt nice."

Lessie McL May 4, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "It's very good, I'm on 10mg now. I used to take it couple of years ago, and felt much better, so after 2 years I stopped taking it. Now again I felt very anxious, and after one week on citalopram it's much easier for me to socialize. No more need for hydroxizine or valium. The only one side effect is I can not "finish" if you know what I mean;)"

Scared1957 May 3, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have extremely bad anxiety and it makes me panic daily and depression, Before this drug i have tried so many other ones that did nothing at all! I was giving up hope on finding something that would work for me until my doctor prescribed me this. I started out low at first but im now on 20mg and even when i started low it did wonders, I use to not be able to talk about it without panicking but within a week after taking it i could actually talk about it and think straight. Thinking back before i was on it to where im at now its like a who new world, I defenitely recommend this."

sarah0927712497 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Started 10 mg Citalopram 8 days ago and although they said it would take 2 weeks to really work I started to feel better the first day! Minor nausea the first couple times I took it but it went away quick. This stuff has changed my life. Helped me quit smoking. It's so strange being able to walk around and interact in public without anxiety. Improved my sleep overall however you will probably want to make sure you are active during the day because it takes a little more time to fall asleep. Wonderful Medication, wish I started it much sooner."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016