User Reviews for Celexa (Page 6)

Learn more about Celexa.

Depression 301 reviews 79 medications

7.3
Summary of Celexa reviews 628 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Celexa

For Depression "Initially, Celexa seemed to be a drug designed for me. The abysmal lows and occasional glimpses of normality eventually gave way to an emotional state that was calm with no anxiety. On the other hand, there were no highs just the flatline sense of calm. From the beginning un try il about the 2 year mark my serenity became so overwhelming that paying bills, house cleaning, checking the oil, getting to work on time, making and going to doctor appointments and a dozen other aspects of daily life all became unimportant. Nothing disturbed me, overdue notices, collection calls, etc. This went on for about two years until I reached the height of serenity and then began an ugly, violent, self-destructive and ultimately suicidal state of mind."

wvdep (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "Celexa has alot of ingredients that you do not need. Lexapro is cleaner more potent form of celexa. Celexa is not ment for anxiety. I am seeing alot of placebo effects on here. I swear alot of these comments are from the celexa company"

Jay de December 14, 2015

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "One day out of the blue I started experiencing extreme anxiety and panic attacks. I would wake up in the middle of the night shaking and sweating. I couldn't eat, sleep, or socialize with my friends. I was scared at first but finally decided to try celexa. Initially the side effect sucked. Insomnia, increased anxiety, and a weird fuzzy head feeling. I switched to taking it in the morning and that helped with the insomnia. I also slowly titrated by 5mg up to my recommend dose which lessened the side effects. All in all, I'm very happy with the results. I rarely get anxious anymore. For those of you just getting on to it, give it time."

madi123 December 10, 2015

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "2 yrs ago my oldest daughter was murdered and then this year I went through a divorce. My youngest daughter lost her job and moved in. I'm on disability and mounting stress was huge. I also am also in chronic pain due to degenerative disc disease. Finely I went to my Dr and said I give in. She put me on 10 mg of this med and first 2 wks I slept all the time but now I'm noticing a change and feel a little more level. Anxiety is still here but not as bad.. I do suffer headaches and sleep long and hard and have a huge increased appetite ugh.... But overall I'm feeling better and more positive . Glad I gave it a chance."

kamdebbi December 9, 2015

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I started celexa because I was having outbursts due to anxiety. At first I was afraid to try it, so I took a half dose for the first week. The initial side effects sucked - fuzzy/cloudy brain, was dizzy, couldn't concentrate. I took it at night to sleep thru it until those initial symptoms went away, then back to morning so I can sleep better. After ~3 weeks I did notice a decrease in my anxiety and outbursts. It's been ~2 months now and I have not had any incidents at work, and overall I am much better about dealing with stress. I don't feel weird or different or withdrawn or anything otherwise. I actually thought the meds weren't working until I looked back & realized I hadn't had any more episodes!"

BKitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2015

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I was prescribed 20mg Celexa and 0.5mg of Xanax, first day I took both as directed, slept for an hour and a half and once I woke I had a panic attack for the next hour or so. The next day I took just the Celexa, slept for an hour and a half again, this time the panic attack was much worse, dizzy, felt like getting sick, come close to calling 911. It finally subsided and went to bed only to lay there wide awake, felt out of it all day. Dr said to stop taking it, prescribed Paxil since I've had success with it before."

stein2015 December 2, 2015

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Dr just put me on 20 2x a day with 1 mg Ativan PRN. I was on Zanex 1 mg 2x a day I have been through the worst thing a parent can go through losing a child 12 years ago she was 8 then I'm a widow now lost my husband 5 years ago he was 41. I see a psychiatrist huh nothing mends a broken heart but I will keep trying what the Dr keeps putting me on"

Sad150 (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Ejaculation impaired unable to climax"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I'm only one week in, and seriously feel better. I'm a mom of two and a lawyer--I've suffered a lot of loss and have been shouldering a lot of stresses. I've always been anxious, but just thought that was who I was. My doctor put me on 10 mg of Celexa. I did have some nausea the first few days and headaches, but other than that nothing. I had so much anxiety about taking the medication, I almost didn't. But one evening my daughter told me that all of the things I worry about turn out fine--and she was right. If you need help, sometimes you can't do it yourself. I exercise, meditate, eat well, sleep well, but I couldn't shake the anxiety. This has helped a ton. I laugh, I feel more relaxed, and I'm gratefully enjoying life again."

littlechickens November 23, 2015

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "My doctor prescribed me celexa ten days ago as I suffer from bad anxiety attacks im also diabetic so she thinks the anxiety is brought on because of my unstable blood sugars ...the attacks were making my life hell also being a mum of three this was just not good ... I'm not sure on how I feel at the moment ???...i sweat so much feel sick and like I'm high on drugs ( such a weird feeling ) but I get a moment in the day where I feel okish and can see hope at the end of the tunnel .. I'm not sure if this means the tablets are working or not ?? I hope they do :))"

bessie89 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I started getting anxiety attacks and my doctor started me off on 10mg of celexa. The first few days, I noticed I had more anxiety and it made me really sleepy and groggy. After a few more days, I noticed it made me not want to get out of bed and lost almost all appetite. I was forcing myself to eat and ended up losing 9lbs in 10 days. By day 10, I couldn't take it anymore, I knew something wasn't right and celexa was making it worse and making me feel worse. I went to my doctor and she told me to stop right away, that the side effects shouldnt have lasted that long or made me feel depressed. It didn't work for me."

T23br (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Well, for the longest time I was on 20 mg and I felt okay. Which was a lot better than the constant anxious mood I was in and I could finally go to school. The last 3 weeks, I was on 40 mg after trying Wellbutrin and having a terrible reaction to it. But in the two days that I came off of celexa, only taking 20 mg again, I had the worst withdrawal symptoms. It might work for you but after a while it didn't work for me."

Boopbadoop (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've only been on celexa for a month, I am 5'5" and I was 112lbs and they put me on 10mg, but it didn't help at all, it made me start having panic attacks and anxiety attacks again I'm also on klonopin ((1mg twice a day)) for panic disorder and adderall ((20mg XR in the morning and 10mg IR at lunch time)) for inattentive adhd), I haven't been any less depressed, and I'm 99lbs now and they just doubled my dose to see if that will work. I really hope it does, because right now I absolutely hate it. I've been eating more than I normally do but losing weight rapidly, and I'm already underweight. Celexa so far makes me feel like I'm on the verge of falling asleep almost 24/7; the rest of the time is when I'm having anxiety and panic attacks."

Caden Gordon November 14, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I (VERY reluctantly) began 10 mg of Celexa (for anxiety) for a week, then 20 mg for the next week, and now I've been on 30 mg for a few weeks now. I had anxiety about taking the anti-anxiety meds! Honestly, the first week was AWFUL. My anxiety was heightened, I couldn't sleep, bad headaches and felt like something was tickling my brain. By the second week, those side effects were gone. My anxiety was resulting in constant physical dizziness, floor "bouncing" (feeling like you're on a boat/elevator when you're just walking around), racing thoughts, sleeping just to avoid it all, etc. My dizziness is mostly disappeared, and usually the floor feels like it should. PLEASE DON'T BE SCARED! It can be a lifesaver."

Steph N (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've only been on it a week. I have had no major side effects...... slight insomnia. Appetite is fine and no weight gain as of yet. It pulled me out of this dark hole I was in. I felt numb and cold too the world. I'm happy now and can't help but smile and enjoy my life and everyone in It. I truly hope this continues too work. its been a life saver. I hope this helps someone else."

HAppy freakin camper (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I was on celexa 20 mg for depression. It helped great with my anxiety symptoms, but not well for depression. My doctor recommended I take it because I am on the anxious-side of depression, and it really helped with those symptoms - overthinking, freaking out over every little thing. My boyfriend told me I became a lot less intense and irritable. It did not help my loss of energy and fatigue and low-motivation and I still had suicidal thoughts. The first week I started on 10 mg and experienced no change or side-effects. I moved to 20 mg and it made me worse for about a week, then my anxiety symptoms got better. I am switching to bupropione because I need help with depression symptoms."

khaleesikatie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Celexa works great for Depression. Most days I feel fine but there are other days where I feel as though I was out partying all night messed up on drugs. Like an acid trip if you know what I mean. It has made me kind of numb to the things that were bringing me down but unfortunately I suffer from all the side affects."

Anonymous October 25, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "Suicidal thoughts"

wellbirin (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I have tried Zoloft, Effexor, Prozac and Wellbutrin. (Effexor is awful btw-- don't EVER get on it. And Wellbutrin is like taking Adderall.) Celexa is wonderful. I had symptoms of body dysmorphia. It was really controlling me every day. I wasn't depressed, and haven't been for over ten years, but I have always had the anxiety... BAD. Anyway, i had every symptom of body dysmorphia and it was getting worse every day, for a few years. And the constant anxiety including social anxiety ( I wouldn't go to the mall or the grocery store on the weekends bc of crowds) and all of it affected my every day life. Celexa helped calm EVERYTHING. I no longer have the body dysmorphia symptoms, and the social anxiety, paranoia, obsessive thoughts have subsided"

Kyrae October 21, 2015

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I think it doesn't work that well. Also it didn't help my temper & I still have OCD issues ."

stormy699 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have been on Celexa for about two months now and the first two days I had insomnia really bad, but then it got better as time went on. My depression is somewhat balanced, but I do have continued anxiety and stress. I went to my Doctor's today and had my weight checked and in less than a month I have gained 12 lbs; I was shocked! I was told it could be from the Celexa, so now I'm slowly weaning myself off of that as I try my new medication; Wellbutrin. All in all, Celexa is good, and if it weren't for the weight gain I would have stayed on it. Everybody's body is different and it just wasn't the right medication for me."

ropeitup99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I started Celexa in college after suffering for more than a year of horrible anxiety. I couldn't sleep, was skipping classes, and totally on edge all of the time. I finally broke down and took the first appointment I could at the clinic on campus. I filled out a bunch of forms and they came back telling me they were putting me on an antidepressant, which I hated the idea of, but hated the idea of feeling like that any longer. The first 2 weeks were horrible. Terrible migraines and increased anxiety, which they gave me xanax for. I stayed on the medication for 3 years with no bad side effects and only a couple dosage raises. I quit because I felt better and honestly wanted to drop the weight again. It really gave me my life back."

HollyJolly89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2015

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have suffered from depression my entire life it seems like. I've been on many, MANY anti-depressants. But this one works like a charm. The only bad thing about it is - if you go cold turkey for a few days because you run out, or forget to take it you can tell a definite difference. It makes you extremely sick. Never go cold turkey but I recommend this medication to any and everyone with depression who have tried many medications."

Shelbay (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2015

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have only been taking Celexa 20mg for about a week. My only complaint is that it makes me EXTREMELY drowsy like a Zombie and slight stomach cramps so I started taking it at night and I am considering cutting the tablet in half. However, I have had depression for most of my adult life and like others I was against medication but I could not take it any longer. I do feel a slight improvement I am not numb anymore but I think I need to give it more time to get the full effect."

Rose818 September 28, 2015

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "This medication absolutely changed my life for the better.. Stress has always been something that has effected me all of my life, but one day it got the best of me and my anxiety attacks/stress led to depression. Being from a fortunate family, I had never gone through many hardships, so when I had a big struggle in my life I had no idea how to cope. I would sleep hours and strangely for the first time in my life, I did not want to interact with anyone and didn't want to even be active (I grew up playing all sports). Thankfully, I went to my family doctor and got the help I needed. After only 2 weeks on the medication, my overall mood and demeanor has improved dramatically and my anxiety/stress level is immensely lowered. :)"

typeA Nurse (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2015