User Reviews for Celexa (Page 6)

Learn more about Celexa.

Depression 278 reviews 78 medications

7.4
Summary of Celexa reviews 558 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Celexa

For Depression "I am taking Celexa 20 mg for four months now, and my depression is better I am not crying every single moment I still have anxiety, but for depression works☺️Also I am more sociable now it takes a few months though"

Gelly March 26, 2015

For Depression "I have been on Celexa for over 6 years now. For a long time, I have been on 20mg a day and I feel quite normal for the most part. I do not feel like crying and I do not feel suicidal every single day anymore BUT i do have episodes of that at least once a month, lasting for just several days. I cut down to 10mg for a year but I noticed that I had non-stop crying and sensitivity more often so I am not back on 20mg. I would not say that it makes me feel extremely happy but for the most part, I felt normal. I like that it did not make any changes to my weight and it did not lower my sex drive at all in comparison to other reviews on this medication. I do, however, noticed that my memory and focus is not as great as before I started Celexa."

22femalecanadian March 15, 2015

For Depression "Helps post traumatic stress disorder that has turned into chronic depression and irritability. Side effects is nausea, appetite gain and tiredness, in my case, but I also have hypothyroidism and clogged arteries. Helps enough to be worth it for good in my case."

KatVonFarsta March 13, 2015

For Depression "At first I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg which I cut in half to 25mg. I'm sensitive to medications and this being my first SSRI it really threw me for a loop. Severe derealization and anxiety that lasted all day. So I quit the Zoloft and was put on Celexa and Buspar, the Buspar is useless for me. I once again had bad derealization. So after giving the Buspar two chances I gave it up. I started Celexa at 10mg. First day samething, derealization, anxiety, etc. So I cut the pill in half to 5mg, helped me get used to medication really well. I now take it every night at 8pm. I'm currently taking 15mg, about to take 20mg after 3 more doses. I'm starting to feel emotions and connections with myself that I haven't felt in years. So far, so good"

TO'Leary (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I have started on celexa 10mg for severe anxiety I was having ( to the point where I couldn't function and thought I was going to lose my job) I'm only a week in the 10 mg and I already feel a lot better, the anxiety is still there but is manageable. I will be upping to 20 mg this weekend in case it makes me sick. Which brings me to my next advice, if you have a sensitive stomach or was not on any other medication start in a low dose and start on a Friday or Saturday because you will have bad symptoms. I was extremely nauseous, I couldn't sleep and it made me feel really weird for a while. I had to take petbo bismol tablets to make sure I did not throw up the medication and be back to square one. But that has passed and I feel better now!"

Kourt (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2015

For Depression "I finally realized over a decade of having suicidal thoughts and images continue in my head and chronic emotional pain that would always keep coming back strong that I needed help. Since I've used Celexa it has honestly changed my life. I still feel emotions. I'm still sad sometimes. But I see the light at the the end of the tunnel every day now. I am grateful every day. I never want to go back to how I felt. For so long I was in denial, but it truly did help me."

Satisfied User (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Celexa gave me my life back! I was going through a hard time and slowly but surely hit a wall with depression and anxiety and wasn't able to handle it. I wasn't sleeping or even able to eat, I felt alone and so far from myself. I'd never been on an antidepressant before so Celexa was the first and I had looked up all the side effects and was really scared to take it. Don't let the side effects or horror stories fool you. This medicine does help, it takes time to see the results but it does help."

jlskpk March 5, 2015

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My OBGYN suggested I take this instead of Wellbutrin and Zoloft. It helped but not like the other two. I switched back as soon as I could."

Nikorah March 3, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "DO NOT STOP taking this because you feel better. Husband been on this three years felt better stopped taking and passed out on the kitchen floor ended up in hospital did not remember not taking this so after a crap load of test and thousands of dollars it came down to the fact he stopped taking celexa and was detoxing to not try this scared the crap out of both of us. I thought I was going to have. To commit him to a mental hospital"

TheUndertakerswife (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "First 10 days were brutal. STICK THEM OUT! Lots of people seem to have an initial period of getting used to this drug. My first 10 days I was unable to eat, nausea, anxiety increased to a point I was barely able to leave the house, crying for no reason. Just stick it out. Day 10 through about 6 weeks I noticed not much improvement. At about 6 weeks I noticed improvement in my anxiety, able to function much better. My anxiety disorder has only improved more and more since I've been on this drug (also seeing a therapist for anxiety). Just know there may be an initial period of terrible side effects. I've gained like 2 lbs, but it's due to being happier & having a new boyfriend because I am finally able to function as a normal person."

Stick It Out February 25, 2015

For Depression "I found citaprolam 10 mg dose using for three months has stopped my gambling addiction straight away. I also stopped feeling paranoid and depressed."

mowergoalie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2015

For Depression "Within a few weeks of starting Celexa my depression disappeared almost completely. The side effects that are the most noticeable for me are tiredness, weight gain, and sensitivity to light. The stuff does its job, but the side effects are a bit hard to deal with."

Haylie S (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I've only been on Celexa for 5 days. I understand that this will not be an entirely accurate review of the medicine, because it takes about 4 weeks to get the full effect, but my experience is worth sharing for those just starting. Reason for being prescribed: -anxiety associated with emotional stress -depression (seasonal) -inability to sleep due to anxiety -panic attacks (only about 5 in a 2 month period) Days 1-2: 10 mg - felt awful. I felt anxious, foggy-headed, weird... Day 3: I was quiet, but full of energy. Some trouble sleeping (woke up in the middle of the night) Day 4: Tired because I didn't sleep well that night. Midday exhaustion. Somewhat antisocial. Still "myself" though. Day 5: General good mood, positive. Productive. "

cakes232 February 2, 2015

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Celexa was a miracle for me. I was struggling with debilitating depression and anxiety, but after 6 weeks on Celexa, I feel almost myself again. It does take the full 6-8weeks to kick in, so make sure you give it at least a few months to get all the benefits."

Miss Michelle Renee (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2015

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "It works well for anxiety. Difficult to orgasm, get really sleepy if I drink (esp. Scotch/liquor), but other than that definitely more chill. Sleeping better, chest pain I was having from anxiety has virtually disappeared after 6 weeks on 20mg. Going to keep on it for 6 months then taper & reevaluate. Gained 10lbs and liking carbs more. Seems related to the meds."

Fizzletots (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2015

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I suffer from anxiety, OCD, bipolar, and depression. This medication has made me sluggish and slow because of that I have gained weight which has just added to the stress and anxiety. It has done nothing for me. My anxiety is still intruding on my life. My OCD is not being helped because my anxiety is not being dealt with."

zillafish (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Absolutely changed my life. Sleeping habits greatly improved. Sudden stress disappeared. Sense of calmness I haven't had in decades returned."

Sales guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 28, 2015

177 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I had to start taking Celexa after my mom died 4 years ago and I must say it worked for me. Well my dad died last July and my stress shot out of the roof and my doctor added buspirone and I took it until I felt better and then I quit all my anxiety medicines altogether back in December thinking I got this. Well I had a week long anxiety attack that landed me in the ER. Don't stop taking your medicines just because you feel good. Now I have to start all over again but I will be better now."

ronmon06 January 26, 2015

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've just started this, I've taken 2 doses and I know it's supposed to take a couple of weeks to start to work, but I can already feel a difference."

grassmunchy (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2015

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I had to quit smoking, and was deep in the throes of everything mental. Called my doctor, and he prescribed Celexa...one-half pill (20 mg). I was furious! Half a pill? They either didn't have any idea what I was dealing with, or didn't care. I griped, but I started that night, with my little `1/2 pill. The next day I didn't even think about a cigarette until I realized I hadn't thought about them! I love Celexa."

doggies (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2015

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been taking it for 8 months. I noticed a dramatic difference. Most negative thoughts are gone. But I still have times. A lot. Where I think and feel the way I did before. I know this isn't magical and going to take the pain away. Just wanted you all to know that it helps a lot. "

justbeinghonest14 January 17, 2015

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I just started taking 10mg Celexa the evening of Jan 14, took another one same time next night. Next morning I was miserably sick. Nausea, more wretching than vomiting, weak, headachey, all over sick feeling... This was like (but this time much worse) the reaction I had when I started Prozac. Dr. agreed that my first bad reaction WAS to the Prozac, called yesterday and said I won't take more Celexa. I am done with SSRI's. I am wondering if anyone else has had this same reaction..."

Bettsann (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I was on this for a little over a year and all it did was make me gain 30 pounds. I started taking it for anxiety and it helped, but then I became very depressed. It also made me crave carbs..hence the 30 lb weight gain. I'm on Cymbalta now and doing SO much better."

Ser85 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2015

For Depression "I started Celexa last April after having tried numerous other antidepressants. It took a good 6 weeks for me to really get the full effect of the medication, but it has changed my life. I found it to be subtle, effective, and lasting without any side effects. I really think it's a matter of your personal brain chemistry whether an antidepressant will work for you. It's worth it to keep trying to find one that fits for you."

weeshy January 6, 2015

For Depression "I've suffered from depression/social anxiety for years. After a recent breakup, my depression spiraled out if control. My doc put me on Remeron for about a month which did nothing Except help me sleep. In the past I've taken: Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lexapro and Buspar. I was just prescribed 20mg Celexa a week ago and WOW-the constant racing cynical voices have been silenced-instead of picturing worst case scenarios I'm picturing best case scenarios-I haven't felt this "at peace" feeling for SO LONG. I'm excited, because the dark cloud is lifting more by the day. I haven't experienced any side effects."

Keepit100 (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next