User Reviews for Celexa (Page 3)

Learn more about Celexa.

Depression 295 reviews 80 medications

7.4
Summary of Celexa reviews 602 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Celexa

For Anxiety and Stress "So far so good. I m only four days into taking it. I take it at lunchtime everyday, and notice I get a bit drowsy and yawn like crazy for a couple of hours after I take it. HOWEVER, my anxiety is already feeling better so this side effect is nothing in comparison! My anxiety was becoming debilitating, just so much stress... lost my mom to cancer, my cat passed away, going through a possible separation, just horribly stressful situations now. I have a lot of support from my family and friends and feel like this is first step in getting back in check."

Hadleyogram June 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was diagnosed with panic disorder over a year ago and basically was a wreck. I couldn't drive, leave the house, even talk on the phone. I sought out a psychiatrist who put me on Paxil...it helped me get my life back, but, it also made me restless, zombified, and I gained 30 pounds (I'm normally quite thin)..I moved and got a different doctor who put me on Celexa 20 mg because she claimed it had less side effects and my weight would go back to normal. Boy, was she right. It was a rough week of med transition, but I can sleep again normal, I feel more alert and less groggy during the day, still can orgasm, and I'm slowly going down on my weight. I love this medication."

Boneflowers (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was prescribed 20mg but found that I felt stupid and slow and I had some sexual side effects.. not all bad either..I could go foreverrr. I went down to 10 mg and that seems to be the sweet spot for me. Has been a life changer tho, I felt as tho my brain was ADHD and this let's me form clearer trains of thought, reduces my social anxiety and helps my depression. Sexual side effects seem to have gone away also. The one complaint is that each new script seems to be slightly different (good luck not getting generics) and it takes a few days to adjust. 90 day scripts with half a pill means 180 days between bottles so not a huge deal but certainly worth mentioning."

No not gonna tell ya who i am June 21, 2016

For Depression "I have been on this awhile I take it at night so I don't feel tired durning the day"

Anonymous June 15, 2016

For Depression "I have been on celexa for about a week and a half, ever since I had noticed a loss of appetite, and zombie like. But, as how I used to feel without the medication at first, I feel more calm and less anxious. As for the constant panic attacks that I was having, celexa helped ease it a lot. Yes, I feel tired all the time and unable to sleep well. Luckily I am taking Ristoril along with it. I am able to sleep my good eight hours, before waking up to go to college every morning. I am considering to talk with my doctor, to see if he can at least lower the dosis a bit to 10mg. I am currently taking 20mg. That way, the side effects won't take it's toll on me."

Jan87 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

For Depression "i have tried almost all SSRI that are commonly used and celexa works just like all the rest of them. It makes me feel out of it like I'm not really here and makes me extremely tired I sleep about 4 hours a day. It does help with some of my anxiety not all of it and it does help with anger"

Cmcm May 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "this worked in beginning-then gave me insomnia, restless leg syndrome, shakes and more angry. It could no longer take it ,I had to get off."

lisamariemarie May 10, 2016

For Depression "I take 20 mg of Celexa and 300 of Welbutrin. When I don't take them, I'm much more irritable. I can still feel sadness and happiness, I just feel level somehow. If you stop cold turkey, it causes nausea, for me anyways, and i can tell I feel different off them. Still have some obsessive tendencies but overall, I wouldn't want to not take them."

Melmoe May 7, 2016

For Depression "I was on celexa for about 3 months, started with 10 mg. and raised up to 20 when I felt no changes. After going up to 20, i felt constantly tired, drowsy and like a walking zombie. My anxiety and depression only got worse, it caused me to have thoughts of suicide and self harm and I just felt worse overall. My experience on celexa was terrible and I would not recomend this drug at all."

Joycee222 May 6, 2016

For Depression "I started taking this after resisting medication for acute depression. I'm going through a life changing situation that won't last forever so I am hoping my time on this med will be limited to just a year. This is day 3 of 10mg. My only complaint is that I seem to have to poo constantly (not diarrhea). I'm worried about the libido issue and not enough time has passed for me to know if it'll become a problem. I seem to take longer to fall asleep and feel that I'm sleeping much lighter than before. Every little sound or movement from my husband wakes me. Other than that it's been positive. Yesterday I was actually a little bit giddy. I haven't been like that in over a year. It felt nice."

Lessie McL May 4, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "It's very good, I'm on 10mg now. I used to take it couple of years ago, and felt much better, so after 2 years I stopped taking it. Now again I felt very anxious, and after one week on citalopram it's much easier for me to socialize. No more need for hydroxizine or valium. The only one side effect is I can not "finish" if you know what I mean;)"

Scared1957 May 3, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have extremely bad anxiety and it makes me panic daily and depression, Before this drug i have tried so many other ones that did nothing at all! I was giving up hope on finding something that would work for me until my doctor prescribed me this. I started out low at first but im now on 20mg and even when i started low it did wonders, I use to not be able to talk about it without panicking but within a week after taking it i could actually talk about it and think straight. Thinking back before i was on it to where im at now its like a who new world, I defenitely recommend this."

sarah0927712497 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Started 10 mg Citalopram 8 days ago and although they said it would take 2 weeks to really work I started to feel better the first day! Minor nausea the first couple times I took it but it went away quick. This stuff has changed my life. Helped me quit smoking. It's so strange being able to walk around and interact in public without anxiety. Improved my sleep overall however you will probably want to make sure you are active during the day because it takes a little more time to fall asleep. Wonderful Medication, wish I started it much sooner."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "To deal with menopausal symptoms: stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia, I tried paxil and prozac. Not a good result: both very heavy duty - you FEEL drugged. With prozac I was drooling and I didn't even know it; with paxil, I felt dull-witted and thick, like a beached whale. But the 3rd time was a charm: I tried Celexa and it worked almost immediately. I felt calmer, not depressed and I slept like a baby. For me it's the best. the only side effect is one 1/2 hour after taking it I feel nauseous for a few minutes. small price to pay."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2016

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Weight loss, insomnia, nausea, loss of appetite. EXTREMELY irritable. Sweaty palms. NO THANK YOU."

Anonymous April 21, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "It has saved my sanity and kept me at peace at first I was sick and had a mild headache now I'm eating way too much. I'm terrified if I stop taking this I'm thankful for celexa,"

Julie2467 April 10, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Trust and believe that celexa WAS a godsend for me, 50"

Anonymous April 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Awful. Didn't help and made me feel so apathetic. My school performance significantly decresed. I tried weaning off from taking 20 mg, then 10mg daily, then 10mg every other day, then 5mg every other day and had the worst withdrawl symptoms ever. Increased anxiety and depression. I was crying all the time and sometime felt manic. I had more pain and also had a fever of +102.8 for three days. Would not recomend"

anxietyridden1280437 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on celexa for two days now and have had almost no side effects what so ever . I was super hesitant about taking it as both the reviews I read and the doctor who gave it to me told me it would cause bad anxiety for the first week. I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first 20mg dose, as it helped my anxiety almost immediately . I have a bit of nausea and fatigue , along with a bit of dizziness but nothing serious . This is the first time I have gone a day without anxiety in three years, and I know it's not a placebo effect since I initially believed the medication would do the opposite . My sister suffers from depression and after seeing my reaction to the medication is considering seeing a doctor to try it out ."

Mamabearie March 21, 2016

For Depression "I give this a 0 as with all other antidepressants because they don't relieve symptoms naturally. I also had an extremely bad reaction with this one."

jeff.roach0 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

For Depression "THANK god for this drug. I can honestly say they have completely turned my life around. Striking a conversation with an old friend or a stranger used to be incredibly awkward and I would over analyze my words. Now, I’m completely comfortable talking to anyone and I really don’t seem to be bothered by a whole lot. I really do believe this drug has not only changed my life but it has saved my relationship and done wonders for my social life. I have switched to Cipralex due to some side effects, I feel it has the same benefits as Celexa but is much cleaner. For anyone in the beginning stages of this drug, (especially experiencing no libido, digestive issues, insomnia), please just stick it out, I PROMISE it gets much better!"

BG123 March 18, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Started on prozac 20mg but went off because of low libido. Doctor had me try Celexa 20mg & it was the worst month of my life. So many side effects! Not only did my libido get worse, but I had frequent urination, depression worsened, sleeping pattern messed up, fatigue, always sweating, and it made my period disappear for 3 months & I wasn't pregnant! After a month I went back to Prozac, I couldn't deal with celexas horrible side effects anymore!"

Sunchild00 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on a few antidepressants Prozac, Zoloft. Celexa has turned out to be the best as far as side effects. I've been on it 8 years. Just a precaution after a while it will feel like it doesn't do much, I started to skip forget and found myself in a emotional, irritable, angry, sad mood. I'm back on it makes a huge difference."

KING1999 March 9, 2016

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on Celexa for almost 2 years & has completely changed my life for the better. I take 40mg once a day. I suffer from severe anxiety, & mild depression. Celexa is my happy pill. My savior. It's the best pill I have ever been on. I am anxiety & depression free all from Celexa. Never once had one side effect. I am full of energy all the time and am happy beyond happy. It took about a good 2 months for the medication to start doing its job. WELL WORTH THE WAIT. I thank my doctor all the time for introducing me to the wonder drug CELEXA. Give it some time to kick in & you'll thank me later. Lol good luck to all."

Anonymous March 5, 2016

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed 20mg citalopram for anxiety and depression. It helped out immensely for keeping me calm, never stressed, and it helped me sleep well at night. However, it killed my libido and has made me emotionless. It didn't help my social anxiety very much. I can go out and not be a nervous wreck, but I can't enjoy myself. I feel like a walking zombie for most of the day, but my appetite is normal. What bothered me the most is, I can't hold a conversation with the people I love the most. I didn't have the enthusiasm to talk to my husband like I used to. I've been on this drug for 2 weeks. It killed my libido on my second day of taking it. I'm going to taper down to 10mg and see how I feel."

MLBA1989 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016