User Reviews for Celexa (Page 3)

Learn more about Celexa.

Depression 309 reviews 79 medications

7.3
Summary of Celexa reviews 646 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Celexa

For Anxiety and Stress "I had severe anxiety and agoraphobia. Every time I would get in a car I would wonder if I was going to die that day. These symptoms all started when I had children. I started to wonder what would happen to my children if something happened to me. And I thought about how attached they are to me and how it would break their hearts. So I told my doctor about it. She prescribed Celexa. I've been on it for about 2 months now and the quality of my life has changed so drastically. I'm not always thinking about dying. I'm able to go out in crowds and not be worried. Yesterday I was dealing with something stressful and I was stressed about it, but I stayed calm and I moved on. It didn't consume me like stressful events used to do."

JLK87 December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on celexa for a bit over a year to treat my clinical depression which I had for 5 years and general anxiety which I had for 3, and it has literally saved my life. I started with 5mg and worked up to 40mg, and I've never felt better than I do after being on celexa. It's helped me so much, I can finally live and enjoy my life again"

Jess_18 December 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was on 20mg for about 9 months for severe panic disorder. I was having 2-3 panic attacks per day. Once I was on the med for two weeks I was so much better. Unfortunately about 9 months in the panic attacks came back worse than before. Only side effects were mild nausea and sore leg muscles during the first few days."

J1988 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "2nd time on Celexa. First was in 2011. I weaned myself of. Started 20mg daily this year due to extreme anxiety and panic attacks. No I'll side effects. It's a blessing to me."

GeckoBrak November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "My doctor started me off with 10mg then two weeks after I went up to 20mg. I feel great and my depression is gone. However, ive been on it for a month and a half and find that I can't sleep. Before celexa I was sleeping too much and now I cant sleep unless I recreationally take xanax. Now my anxiety is high because I can't sleep and when I do sleep it's because of xanax which makes me sleep for 12 hours and then I wake up late and I'm unmotivated to do anything. Should I see my doctor for this? I love xanax cause it makes me feel better for my anxiety a night but I'm scared I'll start abusing it especially since I don't have a prescription."

Becca136 November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I had been on Wellbutrin, which worked great for me but my insurance would not cover the cost and my insurance does cover Celexa so my Dr. switched me to Celexa to see if it would work for me. The first 2 weeks I felt great! I had tons of energy and just felt really good. I did have some mild nausea but not something that I couldn't handle. After 2 weeks I started feeling extremly tired and went from sleeping 6-7 hours per night (the most I have ever slept at night) to sleeping 10 hours a night. I also feel really tired and just blah all day. I got to the point that I just feel numb and stopped caring about anything. Dishes and laundry piled up, don't care. Family needs dinner, don't care. Needless to say I will be switching meds!"

DanniLeigh November 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Celexa for 2 months for depression, starting at 10 mg, then 20 mg, and now at 30 mg, which is a good dosage for my symptoms. In 2015 I spiraled into a dark depression which I never experienced before. It was a very lonely, empty hopeless feeling. I lost interest in everything I had previously enjoyed, and dreaded waking up in the morning. It went on for a year before I decided to try medication. For the first 2 weeks on Celexa, there was no change. Then, the 3rd week I was able to cope with negative things so much better. By the 4th week, I slowly began to do things again. I am now back to my old self again, which is a great feeling! The only side effects are groggy mornings accompanied with intense yawning."

Renee L. (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "So for months I have been having severe anxiety and panic attacks. I finally went to the doctor because it has made my life a living hell on a day to day basis and depression has started to creep in from being so stressed out over having the anxiety itself. I was prescribed citalopram 20mg but after reading reviews I let it sit on my counter for 2 weeks for fear of taking it and making my anxiety even worse. Yesterday I finally said screw it and took 1/4 of a pill (5mg) to start. I was at the point where I'm just sick of having anxiety every day and nothing, not even the side effects could be worse. I didn't have any weird reactions. I did get really sleepy about 2 hours after taking it but it was late evening so I didn't mind."

serendipity83 November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I recently started celexa, my doctor told me to start with 10mg for a week than go up to 20mg. I noticed a difference with the very first pill, I felt more anxiety and severe nausea. I kept taking the pills and it got worse with every dose. I couldn't leave my house or bed, it made everything worse. My doctor said to keep taking them so I did. 6 days later I couldn't take it anymore so I stopped and the withdrawal side effects are just as bad, extreme nausea and excessive anxiety, it's been a terrible roller coaster ride. After not being on it for a week I'm finally starting to feel better."

Harrycat November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was placed on Celexa in 2008 and have been on it ever sense. Although at one point in 2011 I thought I could stop taking it and took myself off for about 3 months and felt the difference. It has truly given me back my peace and happiness!!!"

LDeeHappyLaddii November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Did nothing to help my depression. Made me feel suicidal and zombie like"

Quiggle (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on this medicine for 3 months now, I am on 20mg per day. The first tablet I took was a complete trip, then with the other tablets I did not have any weird feelings as if I was high. I had some side effects such as light tremors in my hands and thirst. I did not drink any alcohol for 1.5 months, I discovered wine brings up my depression so I do not drink wine any more. Just a glass of whisky every now and then. The first three weeks were a bit rough but things started to move forwards in a very pleasent way, family and friends noticed I smile all the time and yes I deffo feel happier. Anxiety levels have come down, although I do have probably a panic attack a month. This medicine has been a life saver for me, I have no emotions"

Keiks October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've never been on a daily medicine for anxiety and was previously managing via eastern medicine (acupuncture/chinese herbs). My anxiety never completely went away but those methods prevented full blown panic attacks most of the time. My attacks started to evolve in the last 6 months and I finally talked to my doctor about it. She prescribed Celexa 20mg per day, once a day. It's changed my life. I hadn't realize how withdrawn I'd become from the fear of anxiety and panic. I had some mild nausea in the first 2 weeks but nothing serious. She also prescribed Hydroxyzine for panic attacks which is an old school sedative in the anti-histamine family. I haven't had an attack since I started the Celexa but the Hydroxyzine is a great sleep aide."

BeeLoon October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on Celexa for almost 3 years now and I'm very happy with the results in regards to my depression. Most of the sideffects went away after the first year but it has definitely altered my sleep and I have absolutely no sex drive. I would highly recommend it for effectiveness but if you're not okay with living with some side effects it may not be for you."

Shmazool October 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I am 33 years old and have been depressed for as long as I can remember. This year I took the leap and accepted the fact that I need medications to continue living a functional life. I was prescribed 20mg Celexa once a day. For the first two months things were getting better I did experience some insomnia but that subsided after two weeks. I eventually plateaued and was given a new dose of 40mg. Not sure how much it has helped, I constantly feel tired and lack motivation. I will looking at other meds when I see my doc next."

Kyle6440 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I took Celexa for a yr. It gave me energy an made me anxious . I gained 40 pds and it made me yawn alot. I went off of it."

Aderline gurl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking celexa over a year ago for anxiety and stress. I had some mild side effects the first week, but it has been great since then. I started on 10mg and switched to 20mg after a month and have been at that prescription since. It probably took at least a month before I started noticing a difference. I take it at night and don't have any troubles sleeping or any other side effects. This medicine has completely changed my perspective. I'm much more calm and just happier all around. I used to be very high strung and easily stressed, but not anymore! Highly recommend!"

LoveCelexa (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I'm 18 and on my third day of celexa, I've had depression 3+ years now and have gone unmedicated. I finally agreed to try celexa 30MG and .25MG of xanax. Changing my life and cannot wait for even more improvement. Only issues so far is some insomnia and CONSTANT yawning but it's a small price to pay!"

Em98 (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I felt like a zombie on this medication, gained weight, had no sex drive, and basically walked around not knowing what was going on. Definitely wouldn't recommend based on my own experience."

Ang.S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been taking the off brand for over 2 weeks and I'm starting to feel the anxiety reducing effects. No nausea or GI problems thus far. For the first 3 days I felt a little out of it around an hour and a half after taking it, so I started taking it at night and that has completely resolved the issue. Started on 10mg for around 9 days to get accustomed to it and have been on the 20 mg for 2 days now. My anxiety wasn't severe (diagnosed w mild anxiety-stress related) & no panic attacks. I think the type of anxiety/severity will influence the way the drug acts on you, but it's been good for me so far :)"

Anon0000099 September 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I never write reviews but have read a thousand reviews about anxiety and depression. This drug Celexa saved me changed my life and I have been on everything under the sun this has been the only thing to stop my racing thoughts my anxiety and depression. Try this! My only issues is difficult reaching orgasm I fan just difficult but I can deal with that! I take 30mg a day."

EricB73 September 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started on 10mg after quitting drinking and starting AA and I had to increase my dose to 20. So I've been on 20 for a week and I was on 10 for about 3 weeks before. I feel great. My anxiety level is so low and manageable and so is my negative thinking and my anger towards everyone. I have the right perspectives just couldn't apply them before and now I find it easy to. I don't freak out, get mad, irritated and frustrated like I used to. Life is easier to handle but you still need tools. So far my sex drive is still there tho it might take a little more effort to orgasm but not bec I don't feel it as much but bec it's hard to reach a certain level fast enough. My cravings for alcohol and sweet foods is very low. I'm motivated."

EvaGurl (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Best. I started taking this and thought oh this isn't going to help me... It was maybe 2 months in and I didn't feel different. After about 4 months taking it I was a completely different person when it came to my anxiety and panic attacks. I completely stopped having them and I was just overall a more stress free person. By far one of my favorites.. I recommend this to anyone that has very bad anxiety and doesn't want to be on something addictive like benzodiazepines."

Suezi q August 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Hello everyone, I've been on Celexa for almost 5 months now. On my 5th month, my doc bumped me up to 60mg. I initially started taking Celexa for depression. At first it seemed like I had a ton of energy, and I felt better than ever. After the first month, I was not feeling better anymore. Although my dosage has increased, I still don't feel a sense of relief. I do however have no anxiety. I don't dwell on mistakes I make like I used to. I actually feel very relaxed. So relaxed to where, I'm very lazy. I think I've gained at least 7 lbs on Celexa, probably mainly due to my sedentary lifestyle. I really don't have much energy to do anything. I can function and go to work and all, I just feel blah."

vagabond16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was originally on Buspar but for some reason the anxiety started to come back. So I went to my PCP and after talking options it was decided 10mg of Celexa would help. So this is the 17th day on Cit and things seem to be starting to even out.Had stomach issues on days 1-3 but went away. Sexual effects also popped up but after checking with the wife things still work on request, but just takes a bit longer.One thing that's certainly still there is the increased anxiety. It's not as bad as it was but still there.If you decide to go with this this really can make the anxiety worse.So between the 60mg of Buspar, the occasional Propranolol for the days the anxiety is super bad cuz of Celexa (which is getting better) I think this drug will work."

Thunder111 (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016