User Reviews for Concerta

Learn more about Concerta.

ADHD 252 reviews 36 medications

7.3
Narcolepsy 6 reviews 15 medications

Summary of Concerta reviews 258 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Concerta

For ADHD "Male age 47 adhd sufferer.... Been taking concerta xl 36mg for the past 12 years now.. To start with, I didn't understand how the drug would help me.. But now Looking back it has proved to be a fantastic drug that has tweaked the way I live my life.. But I say this with caution, as its not perfect and it caused me a lot of other problems.. Like someone has said on here before it doesn't turn you into a fully focus person. Sorry. Well it hasn't for me but it has helped me over time to stop beating myself up on that bloody roundabout in my mind, and gain a little bit of confidence..Balance of mind ultimately came when I was prescribed antidepressants.. So I use concerta at 4am and antidepressants at 8pm.."

Balance of mind (taken for 10 years or more) January 11, 2017

For ADHD "Personally, I hated it. During my time on ADHD medication I was almost always in trouble at school, failing classes, suffered from mood swings, from the first grade to the end of the ninth grade and also looked anorexic during that time. Once I got off the medication, I could finally feel like a human being and was happy, but I gained a surprising amount of weight that (5'9" and 110lbs to 5'9" and 162lbs) I have spent the next three almost four years trying to replace the fat with muscle. Getting off the medication was the best thing to happen to me as I could actually pass my classes and graduate high school."

INORUS January 11, 2017

For ADHD "Concerta has helped me tremendously in school. My grades skyrocketed after only one semester of use. The first day, when I was on 18mg, I could already feel the effect. Now, I only take concerta (27mg) on school days and other days which I know are going to be exhausting. Even on the days I don't take it, I feel happier than before. Concerta gives me motivation so I can actually live, which makes my motivation stick around. I can now socialise without feeling like my energy has been sucked out of me after one conversation. I can now do my homework and chores. I do things in my free time, instead of crashing in bed after a day of school. Though my appetite changed, and I lost a lot of weight, I have a lot to thank concerta for."

Cader January 5, 2017

For ADHD "My 12 yr old son has been on Concerta ER for 9 months after switching from Metadate. He responds quite well to it and his grades are fantastic. He is much less mouthy on it... and rarely gets into trouble at school. So far.. so good."

Twinmom4321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

For ADHD "I am a 20 years old and I did exceedingly well in high school and nursing school without ADHD medication. Once I graduated and moved into the workplace, my ADHD spun completely out of control. I had a very hard time adjusting. This medication has helped me think clearly, focus on tasks and stop me from being so impulsive and rude. My appetite has gone down for sure, but I try to focus on superfoods I can eat in small amounts. I think it's important to have coping strategies and work through your ADHD before jumping straight to medications. I would highly recommend this medication for adults who are struggling, not for children though."

Chaotic nurse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2016

For ADHD "I took Concerta from 3rd to 11th grade, then again for about a year right after graduation, I ended up forgetting to take them for a while and just started taking them again. For me it takes about a month to actually feel the full affects of it. One thing to keep in mind though is that it doesn't help you focus on homework or work...it just helps you Focus, whether it's on homework or your emotions."

Anonymous December 7, 2016

For ADHD "When I was 9 my grades dropped and remained at a c-b average compared to my usual a. It became harder to socialise and eventually I started skipping school 3-4 days out of the week. I had anxiety problems and was on the verge of depression. At the age of 12 my Mom in a last ditch effort put me on Concerta, which did not magically fix anything but within the next 2 years I was attending school regularly and my grades got better.(from an Asian family, grades are everything) I have to say I'm much better but I took a 8 month break and returned to a 36 dosage which makes me sick all day, headaches and problems sleeping. I can barely eat a half a meal without having to force it down."

Whitey white December 3, 2016

For ADHD "My daughter's pediatrician told me to give her 1 pill before 9:00 a.m. daily. I gave her the pill at 8:30 a.m. and all day she was amazing then suddenly out of no where at 10:30 p.m. she said she just couldn't fall asleep, her hands and feet wouldn't stop moving, her mouth was moving extremely weird, and she said she was jittery. My daughter finally fell asleep at 6:30 a.m. and didn't receive another dose again but had problems for 5 more nights with sleep."

Isa06 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

For ADHD "I've been taking Concerta since 2003. For me it's the only ADHD medication that works. It calms me down, I talk at a speed others can understand and my thoughts don't run off. The side effects I get from it are .loss of appetite(growing up I was underweight for this reason) . Trouble sleeping(I ended up needing a medication for this but am currently not on one) .Dry mouth (drink lots of water).... I have also been diagnosed with major depression and bipolar after years of taking Concerta (diagnosed in 2007 and 2013 respectively (both are genetic in my family)). Drugs effect each person differently. If you decide to take Concerta I would suggest keeping track of you side effect and how often they occur and talk to you M.D or N.P."

Vanenyx (taken for 10 years or more) November 14, 2016

For ADHD "My 10 year old was prescribed Concerta after having an allergic reaction to Adderal. Well this was not much better. He was nauseous and dizzy and his resting heart rate was 160. He only took 1 dose, and he will not be taking any more. Awful stuff"

Hpmom November 4, 2016

For ADHD "I am 30 started taking this due to excessive daydreaming and quite frankly not getting anything done. Could not focus for more than 10 minutes before a thought would come and get distracted by it. Apartment was in a mess. Priorities are all over the place. Wanted to do so many things and all at the same time. So I went to the doctor and left with a prescription for Concerta 18-27-36mg.I don't know if he had the right diagnosis but shit is getting done and everything is great. Less tired, less naps, did not take a nap since I started this. Now I'm at the 36mg step. Truth is the drug is only 10% of the solution. Once you know you can do something, you have to keep that mindset and go with it or else you will take this drug forever and ever."

Daydreamer101 October 29, 2016

For ADHD "Ive had a history abusing Adderall here and there due to my addictive nature so being prescribed this medicine raised concerns between my family and doctor. Because of my horrible ADHD we decided to give it a chance and its nothing compared to the 'kick in the nuts' Adderall is known for. My grades have improved in school, my mood is slightly elevated and my cavings for sugar have ceased. It has not affected my sleep and so far works great. This is my experience and everyone reacts differently. I highly suggest this medication for anyone like me who has ADHD and possible addiction issues. Its rate of abuse is very slim because it seems to 'ceiling' like Suboxone for opiate addicts. Lets go build some robots!"

astrobear (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2016

For ADHD "Was on Concerta xl for 7 days and had to come off it due to the unbearable side effects of the drug. I was diagnosed with ADHD (inattentive sub type) generalised anxiety and depression. This drug made me feel very nauseous, gave me a headache, made me shake, gave me twitches throughout my body, messed my brain up in terms of cognition etc, made me very aware of my heartbeat, made me extremely anxious to the point of not being able to leave my room or communicate with anyone and just generally messed me up. At one point i was doing some stretching on a yoga mat to try and calm myself down and i felt so confused that i didn't know what to do with my legs. This drug wasn't for me and caused an unpleasant experience."

Dwayne2016 October 11, 2016

For ADHD "So i was diagnosed with inattentive type ADHD about a month or two ago. I'm 19 and in second year university. I struggle to take in information in distracting settings like big lecture halls, have tough time focusing, and my organization skills have always been poor. So my doctor prescribed 18mg concerta. I've taken it for a week so far and I'm loving the results. Im now always listening in lectures, always focusing on what the prof is saying. My room, car, desk is now more organized than it has ever been, and its stayed that way so far! Many people complain about lack of appetite but I haven't noticed that at all! Ive noticed two minor side effects so far. Headaches that start later in the day, as well as some minor irritability."

nr69 September 7, 2016

For ADHD "I've been on 18 mg concerta for 3 days. I'm a 39 year old woman with ADHD-PI with anxiety. The 1st day I felt fluey and extremely tired, but very mellow and happy, nevertheless it didn't do a thing for focus/Attention. The 2nd day I felt inconsistent fluctuations with my mental clarity/focus. Also, there were fluctuations in Tiredness, I had to drink caffeine twice in the day on order to kind of function. Also my appetite became enormous. I still felt quite calm and centered though, which was nice for a change. 3rd day was more of the same from the 2nd day, but my appetite was less. I'm wondering if I should keep taking this."

RjoyD September 6, 2016

For ADHD "just got diagnosed with add and im 19yrs old the doc prescribe me 36mg concerta and this my second day taking the pill and i still feel the same"

scoob123 August 23, 2016

For ADHD "Been taking Concerta XL for a while with a steady titration from 18mg up to 81mg. I take it around 9am each morning and the first few hours are very restless. However by early noon say 1-2pm I go into a slow sometimes dragging comedown which makes me sleepy and therefore having a knap during the day. This leads to an almost sleepless night which can upset my brain in many ways. Positives: Alert, talkative, sociable and above all CONCENTRATE. Negatives: Jaw Clenching (gurning), sweaty, sleepless night (because of the midday knap) All in all I have tried alteting dosage times in the morning and I can quite easily eat without feeling nausea. Weight loss is noticable but at a good stable rate. Many people have to give Concerta a chance."

Mr ADHD (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2016

For ADHD "I'm 16. I was prescribed 36mg Comcentra I took it at 8:30pm (was suppose to take it in morning) it worksd it helped me focus but 3 hours into it I started feeling anxiety and later I had a crash. Couldn't sleep stayed up the whole entire night. I also has many other side effects like lack of appitite and heavy breathing might be to large of a dose but overall without the crazy side effects it helped me get stuff done and concentrate"

Slythers (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

For ADHD "I've been on Concerta XL for 3 years now I have two large (36mg the highest dose for my age) every morning. I suffer from ADHD well ADD and it really helps me feel motivated and helps me look forward to things. I lost 4 ish stone and went from 16.7 stone to 12 in 4 years as my adhd made me eat when I was bored/sad/happy and It really ruined my life. I don't have an appetite anymore and only eat in the afternoon once it's worn off. I do drink a lot of fluids as on the tablets I get thirsty. I'm more social and i enjoy everyday activities a lot more including chores. Negatives : the come down is awful and I usually slip into a depression but it is worth it ! I'd recommend it to anyone !"

Liv562000 August 6, 2016

For ADHD "I've been taking Concerta XL for around 2 months after finally being diagnosed as and adult. I started on 18mg, and within half an hour, I felt able to concentrate and focus on tasks for the 1st time. A couple of days later, I had crippling headaches but everything settled down after that. My resting heart rate has sped up by 10bpm whilst the medication is in effect. I'm currently on 54mg and the therapeutic effects are great, but I feel dehydrated no matter how much water I drink, and I have developed sinus problems. It's worth it though."

Smiddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

For ADHD "I was prescribed Concerta 54mg for two weeks, and after two weeks my dosage was lowered to 36mg. The positive effects: First of all, it was absolutely effective at keeping me focused, engaged, and gave me the motivation to continue working away at my given tasks. It also accelerated my perception of time. The (manageable) negatives: It made me so focused on tasks that I was antisocial. Fixating on annoying sounds, anxiety, sweaty palms, no appetite, and weight loss (25lbs). I found I was lacking emotion, and during the long comedown I was irritable and rarely I experienced mild to moderate depression. Concerta is an effective ADHD drug, but the emotional effects can be annoying at times. It is worth consulting your doctor about!"

Isoprophlex July 28, 2016

For ADHD "I'm 17 and have been taking 18mg Concerta every day for a week and a half. This is the second medication I've tried after being diagnosed with ADHD (I was also diagnosed with major depression). First I tried Adderall, and while it made me feel very alert and productive, I could not handle the severe depressed feelings from the comedown. So far Concerta has made me feel productive and positive for about 3 hours, and then depression slowly creeps in and gets progressively worse for about 8 more hours. It's not as intense as the depression from Adderall (which even led to suicidal thoughts), but it lasts longer. I also become irritable, anxious, and tired. I've also lost weight because trying to eat makes me feel queasy."

ap0819 (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For ADHD "Yes it helped a lot and i love the fact that i can concentrate now because before i couldn't concentrate at all. The thing is that after a few hours, i start to feel really depressed and really emotionnal but i love the fact that i can express myself better now."

lady2121 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2016

For ADHD "18mg dose, day 1. Was hungover so took paracetamol, had taken ritalin as a kid and this is the first time I had meds in years, had a migraine, was irritable, tunnel vision, extreme anxiety almost brought to tears, slight suicidal tendancies, hallucinations relating to anxiety and had a hard time articulating myself as my memory was shot and my thoughts were rapid and I felt impulsive and dehydrated very easily, however I feared worse effects from withdrawels so I took it again the next day and I played abit of guitar and that set my mood for the whole day, constantly euphoric. ive just passed day 3 and hardly felt any effect off the drug, overall remained productive and achieved everything I wanted even on worst day. Will see how it goes."

pandarada July 7, 2016

For ADHD "Do yourself a favor and stay away from this drug. After being on this medication for about a month I began to experience auditory and visual hallucinations, appetite loss, insomnia and heart palpitations. It did nothing to relieve my ADHD either. Doc tried lowering the dosage and changing what time I would take it, but it made little difference. I flushed the rest down the toilet and stopped taking it after 6 months."

Stan G1994 June 22, 2016