How long does it take for Concerta 18mg to kick in?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 24, 2022.
The effects of Concerta should be felt within an hour, and maximum effects anywhere from 6 to 10 hours later.
Concerta tablets are an extended release formulation that only needs to be taken once a day. They are designed to release a small amount of the medicine immediately, as the outer layer of the tablet dissolves. The rest of the medicine is then released gradually from a special membrane inside the tablet over the rest of the day, giving effects that last for up to 12 hours.
Concerta tablets contain the active ingredient methylphenidate, a stimulant medicine, used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children.
For more detailed information see: https://www.drugs.com/pro/concerta.html
Related medical questions
- What is metilfenidato used for?
- Concerta vs Adderall - What's the difference between them?
- Ritalin vs Vyvanse - What's the difference between them?
- What are the brands of methylphenidate?
- Jornay PM vs other methylphenidate formulations - how do they compare?
- How is Cotempla XR-ODT different to other brands of methylphenidate?
- Concerta Information for Consumers
- Concerta prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Concerta (detailed)
Related support groups
- Concerta (61 questions, 361 members)