User Reviews for Adderall

8.4

16 reviews
Summary of Adderall reviews 8.3 300 reviews

Reviews for Adderall

For Narcolepsy "Able to make it through the day without becoming sluggish most if the time. Needed to cut back dose during light season which impacts severity. Anxiety, inpatience, frequent blood pressure increase becoming bothersome after 2 years. Not sure what to ask for."

Tv (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 18, 2018

For ADHD "AHDH medications sucks.They don't treat ADHD believe me. They just delay it till the crash comes and you feel 40 times more worse.They have destroyed the lives of hundreds of people due to prolonged use. They are just street meth.Believe me I have ADHD and the best medicine I would suggest are a non-stimulants like welbutrin and strattera.If they didn't work for you then never ever use stimulants they will ruin your life. Just rely on adaptogens eg rhodiola, ginseng, good diet, exercise and meditation. If study is a problem for you then use you hyperfocus and study something that you are interested in.You may have found some good reviews about these stimulants however these people are new and they are unaware of there consequences. I have tried stimulants for 15 years so I am confident and sure about what I say."

Tom (taken for 10 years or more) March 31, 2018

For ADHD "I have been diagnosed when I was in ,1st grade but parents were against medicating their child. Big mistake, now in my early 30's I have been on 20mgs twice a day and they put me in an almost sedated comfortable mindset where my mind can focus on one thing and not twenty at a time. As soon as my Dr put me on this med I could work and attend College, it's let me utilize the intellect that I could never use and will be going into Graduate program for Psychology next semester. Those people with ADHD without any medication just use it how you are directed and it can change your life without changing who you are and how you act as a person."

Cepworker (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2018

"I was put on Adderall about 4 years ago for a few reasons. I have mild ADHD, chronic pain, and depression at times. My doc has me on 20mgs IR, and it's a wonder drug for me. It helps with all three issues. I have had a couple of reactions to it out of the gate, but that was my own fault. I've been on the XR formula as well, but it was effecting my sleep. Follow your Rx, and let your doctor know everything. It's one of the best meds out there. It will give you a crash feeling at times. My doctor added welbutrin XR to smooth it out. Able to focus, and get helps my painkillers last much longer. Insurance will cover it though a pa is probably needed. Make sure to eat, and keep up with your liquids."

Bostong (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2018

For ADHD "I’m a 21 year old female. Adderall helped me focus, be on time, stay organized. However, as time passed I noticed the negative impact. I had weight loss, irritability, my anxiety was worse, dry skin, dry mouth, was not feeling like myself. I developed insomnia too. This was only on 20 mg a day. I took it as prescribed. The worst part was when I tried to quit taking it after I was switched to Vyvanse, which I felt even worse on. I ended up in the hospital having a panic attack the first time I tried to stop taking it. The second time I tried to quit I had even more withdrawal symptoms, paranoia, panic attacks, vomiting. Stimulants are not worth it."

Em47_ January 26, 2018

For ADHD "Was diagnosed with ADHD at 18 years old. I was prescribed, and am taking Adderall 20mg XR. This drug makes me feel like an emotionless zombie at times. My anxiety is fluctuating a lot and my mood is constantly changing. I like to go out late sometimes but when it wears off I don’t have any energy to do so. Friends and family have become increasingly less important it seems. I have minor scoliosis and it makes my back pain a lot worse at times. This drug definitely allows me to focus and get ahead. At the end of the day I don’t know if it’s worth it though. Might need a lower dose."

Anonymous2112 January 7, 2018

For ADHD "Makes daily life possible. I was diagnosed in 3rd grade with ADHD. Poor grades and constantly being sent to the principal for class disruptions was getting ridiculous. Started on Ritilan. No more principal and straight A's. Now in my 30's and on Adderall I successfully taught myself computers, reading electrical schematics and building whatever is called for. Pretty much whatever I wanted to learn."

Knight2000 January 5, 2018

For Narcolepsy "I've been on Adderall for EDS and Narcolepsy going on 10 years now. I feel my continued heavy use of Adderall will essentially kill me. All of your stories are completely familiar, and Adderall absolutely does all that's being said that it does..the reality though is that taking this drug at high doses over an extended number of years is shameful to many parts of the body. You become essentially the same as any Meth user..this drug is simply a "cleaner" form, if you will. The drug has rotted my teeth despite extra care taken, and I now have dentures. I'm not even 40 yet! It has caused numerous skin conditions, including adult acne, rashes and a constant nagging itch (skin crawling feeling). Bc of the itch I have "pick marks" all over."

RoxBu January 2, 2018

For ADHD "I'm not entirely sure if ADHD and bipolar intersect, or if they correctly diagnosed me by being both, but that being said, I was prescribed adderall at age 15. It definitely did the job. I personally enjoy being hyper so it was alien to me. It enables me to not only hear people but listen and comprehend. It stops impulsive behavior. Provides almost sedated state. You just float along. I feel like it made me want to be quiet and polite. Now I take lamictal and seroquel. If you have ADHD do yourself a favor and look up mania. Very similar."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2017

For ADHD "I have Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy (MMD)/Rheumatic Disease and Adderall IR has been incredible in balancing out the effects of my pain management medication for my rheumatic disease - to the point where I have cut my pain mgt med in 1/2 due to my increased activity. I'm engaged in my life again and I've found a happy balance :)"

Balanced Out (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2017

For ADHD "I finally got diagnosed when I was 40. I was in college and just couldn't focus or comprehend my classes. I thought there was something wrong my head. I've been abused for a very long time. I went to my counsellor and suggested I get tested for ADHD. I was very relieved it wasn't head problems. I was diagnosed with ADHD. I suffered 40 years with all the symptoms but never thought about ADHD. When I was put on Adderall I couldn't believe the difference. My grade point was 3.67. I was very proud of myself. I've been taking it ever since. 30mg twice a day. People can tell when I'm not on it, big difference. My insurance didn't cover it. So I was paying over $200 My insurance started paying last yr. THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY."

Huggerbabe2007 December 13, 2017

For ADHD "I started on concerta fo rADHD and had poor results, it made me feel out of touch, I started adderrall a week ago at 20 mg twice a day and I have anxiety and feel some focus. I am wondering if 20 mg is too low a dose and need to go up."

pauly1740 (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

For ADHD "Truly this medication has helped me with so many aspects of my life. I was diagnosed later in life with ADHD inattentive and it explained so much of my life."

Anonymous1000 December 7, 2017

For ADHD "it has helped me with my disability."

legoro (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2017

For ADHD "This drug completely ruined my life. I started taking the drug when I was 12..till about 25. Everything I have done academically has been due to adderall. I have a degree in I/T and am working on a civil eng. masters degree. Don't get it confused, you can be fine for a year or even years on this drug..but it will catch up to you. After I quit taking itI was back to a 12 year old academically and professional performance wise. It made my real ADHD 10x worse w/o the drug and gave me crippling anxiety. I quit taking it and developed a cocaine problem then a drinking problem that almost killed me. I attribute each of these addictions to being on legal speed for 13 years..It's speed - there is no way around it."

Civilengineertriggertime (taken for 10 years or more) November 9, 2017

For ADHD "I'm going crazy"

Adhd kid (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2017

For ADHD "My 9 years old nephew took this for a while. It helped with focus, but made him extremely angry and argumentative. Also, he refused to sleep at night unless he was in the same room as his grandmother. He has tried multiple medications but so far all gave some negative side effect or lose effectiveness soon after he starts taking it."

SnowyDeux (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

For ADHD "For me Adderall has changed my life remarkably for the good; without Adderall I wouldn't be able to work 40 hours a week like I do as well as going to school full-time. Yes it may be a amphetamine and produce similar euphoric highs to meth and MDMA, however it is far different as far as when it is broken down chemically. For those who have little knowledge in chemistry, just one small change in the chemical structure to a drug that may seem so insignificant can actually change the drug dramatically when it comes to the side effects. Adderall is a very useful drug and provides many benefits with much less side effects then the other not so good drugs in its class."

chan the man with the plan (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 15, 2017

For ADHD "works very good for energy, focus and a feeling of well being. I didn't feel depressed at all. It kept me focused unlike when I was without I couldn't sit still for 2 minutes. Good overall. It left my heart racing a little but I took a Xanax and it all balanced out."

chiOne18 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

For ADHD "Hi, I was tried to be put on Ritalin when I was 5 and it simply wasn’t gonna happen w my parents. So I continued school and still had c and d grades. I went to a Dr, did all these tests and said I have ADD/ADHD\ w anxiety disorder. Which was from all the MDMA abuse. So I am on 30 mg IR adderall (the ones with the 30 on em) only ones that don’t make my mouth dry and 2mg xanax 4 times a day. Let me say I wake up everyday excited to go to work. I used to be a hardcore tablet junkie and now since I take these two I don’t drink and I don’t do illegal drugs. These two rx’s We’re a match made in heaven. I take 2 green bars and 1 adderall in the morning and I’m flying at work in the IT/ software field. These two have saved my life. Best combo"

Xannyaddysubs September 19, 2017

For ADHD "I would like to first say that my experience with Adderall was overall successful, it most definitely helped my concentration and ability to focus. However, there are some side effects that I think are worth noting. I had minimal anxiety prior to taking this medication (only when traveling). My anxiety dramatically increased to the point where I was put in therapy and almost took a medical leave from work. (I quit taking the medication once I realized it was a significant contributing factor - although not completely to blame) I had a very dry mouth while prescribed, which actually ended up leading to cavities according to my dentist. Noticeable lower back pain & problems sleeping (both are alleviated once you quit taking the meds)"

DelaneyMarie August 16, 2017

For Narcolepsy "The efficacy of Adderall in any condition that you take it over is dependent upon the quality of the generic brand that your pharmacy carries. Although a pharmacist will not want to tell you this, a generic product can vary plus or -20% variation from the brand-name drug. This was A result of the Hatch-Waxman Act. Moreover, and most disturbingly, only the generic company itself knows The results that they conducted and required for a generic manufacturer to manufacturer a generic drug require Bioequivalency testing. However, they, and I emphasize "They" because it is only the generic company itself that conducts the test and knows the results besides the FDA. Only the generic firm and the FDA knows the exact test results. Research different generic reviews, because this makes all the difference in your experience with generic Adderall IR"

Drkatzjr27 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2017

For ADHD "This medication is absolutely amazing for those who really suffer from ADHD. You will experience side effects such as, loss of appetite, loss of sleep, hyperactivity, dry mouth and dehydration, but they go away with time. There is a right dosage for everyone. Try to find your dosage and genetic brand that works for you, and with proper nutrition it will change your life! I've suffered from ADHD since I was a child. I was never able to focus or finish tasks. I would do so much better in life, in every aspect of it, if discovered this medication earlier in life! But like a lot of people on here say, better late than never! I am now on 15mg IR twice a day. Give it a try, just do it right!"

Milashka (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2017

For Narcolepsy "Adderall has helped me greatly, though it is not perfect. Many doctors have suspected that I have narcolepsy, but my insurance company won't pay for the sleep study because I'm only in my 20s (what??). Anyway, my doctor prescribed Adderall because I simply could not stay awake in class, driving, riding the bus, watching movies, doing homework, etc. Basically everything. I remember the first dose I took. I felt like a normal person. Not hyper or overstimulated (my doc was worried about this because I also have bipolar I), just normal. I just went about my day and did my homework and washed the dishes and read a book like a normal person. This drug has really changed my life. I gave it an 8 because I still have to take naps throughout the day"

MD1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2017

For ADHD "I used to take Adderall. My current doctor told me that Adderall is actually amphetamine and that while amphetamine will work for ADHD, it damages dopamine cells by releasing the dopamine inside the cell. She also said that there is increasing evidence that amphetamines increase risk for parkinson's disease even when it is used as directed."

be careful (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 17, 2017