User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 32 reviews 15 medications

8.6
ADHD 208 reviews 36 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 240 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Adderall

For ADHD "I have Primarily Inattentive ADHD and recently was diagnosed at 39 years old. I was on Amphetamine salts IR 10 mg 2x's a day as needed at 1st, which worked ok, but gave me some side effects I didn't appreciate, such as peeing so much it kept me awake at night. Also it worked inconsistently per day and sometimes per hour. It gave me blurred vision. So I was switched to 20 mg amphetamine salts xr which is much easier on my system. I don't have the urinary issues and it works a bit more consistently, though I don't get the "zeroed in" focus that I got with the IR and I still get some blurred vision, but no issues that cause it. Also, with both I have mildly decreased appetite, which is fine since I'm overweight and also a very dry mouth."

RjoyD (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD in 06 and I found out in order to have ADHD as an adult you had to have it as a child so I look back on my childhood in Real Life 4 did have ADHD as kid but never got treatment for it because my mom didn't believe any mental illness so I didn't start treatment with the ADHD until 2006 I was placed on Ritalin but I found it to be ineffective and then I stopped treatment and I started treatment up again a few months ago and I was giving our all and I found it to be very effective working but with 2 major side effect keeps me awake and constipation , but outside of those two it works wonderfully."

DaveyTheDJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

For ADHD "I take 5 milligrams as needed for school. I take it right before school, maybe around 6am, school starts around 7am. I've noticed extremely dizziness, I get hot so easily, even more anxious, so much more depressed, so tired, terrible headaches, and excessive talking. I wake up in the morning to bump into every possible wall, my vision is completely blacked out. I can't walk for more than a mile, without feeling faint. I eat well and drink lots of water (due to a horrible experience with Vyvanse, in which i lost 20lbs) Not only that but falling asleep is killer. I've never taken such a small dose, and have such poor results."

Teen W. ADHD November 9, 2016

For ADHD "I have had ADHD for as long as I can remember. My first real memory is when I was an altar boy. I would go to the church but could never concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing. I would forget pretty much everything and was just sort of walking through things as a zombie. Every time I had to serve a mass I had to rework everything in my brain. This went on for years through school where I couldn't pay attention and I would actually ask the same question two or three times. I did not find Adderall until later in life because when I was young it was not available. After taking 15 milligrams of the instant release twice a day my life changed for the better. I was able to concentrate for the first time. Not covrd by ins as am +20"

Satori3636 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 28, 2016

For ADHD "I was recently put on Adderall for ADD. I have suffered ever since I can remember with not being able to focus on anything, having a wandering mind, and doing very poorly in school. I began to just think school wasn't for me. I had heard many negatives on Adderall and that is why I never asked my doctor if it would be an option for me. He suggested I give it a try and now I am on 10 mg every day/as needed and I feel better than I have in years. It has helped my depression/anxiety as well. I am happy to learn now and attend school. Wonderful drug for me."

Abbadabba101 October 23, 2016

For ADHD "I take the XR, and it allows me to focus throughout the day at work and in classes. I can actually sit down and complete a task, I can get something done (for once), and the only side effects I really experienced were a bit of dry mouth at first and some continued loss of appetite. Otherwise, completely effective. Unfortunately, my insurance company only covers the brand name. Otherwise, it would be much, much cheaper. It's the brunt of my monthly prescription costs."

KittenCommander (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2016

For ADHD "Was the only drug that was effective"

Aa cRte (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 3, 2016

For ADHD "Side effects: Dry mouth, anxiety (if used when tired), euphoria, hyperfocus (when dose too high) Adderall allows me to concentrate and study for a reasonable amount of time while also offering flexibility on when I use it; both XR and short-release are quick in-and-out drugs, unlike SSRIs. My performance improved dramatically with use of Adderall, but there were definitely a few cons. Hyperfocus is a huge problem that alluded me for a few months. Because Adderall affects the brain, it distorts the user's reality. I felt that I was getting a lot done, and it wasn't until my colleagues at work told me that I was garbage at multitasking that I realized my dose was too high. Beware of this. Focus =/= productivity"

Sweets! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2016

For ADHD "My feet in the bottom upfront hurt all the time sometimes they go to sleep"

joey1515 September 23, 2016

"I personally didn't like the way I felt when I decided to take more before the scheduled time to take it. I was very agitated couldn't sleep for 3 days even though I felt tired and wanted to sleep do not do more than recommended dosage."

John polar (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For ADHD "Very effective, but very addictive. You may not realize until you stop taking it. What do you do? It helps the condition...but you become dependent on the drug?"

Mom of Four September 4, 2016

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed with sever sleep apnea when i was about 50 I have been tired most of my adult life so assume have had apnea a long time. Tried cpap, forget that, got a somnodent mouthguard which stopped almost 100% of my apneas, but I didnt feel better. Put on provigil like 5 years not really much better same with nuvigil.finally drs and I were fed up I could not make it through a day without at least 2 to three short 5 to 20 minute naps and always felt like had a cloud in my brain and my pcp recommended to sleep dr. to try Adderall. I had no Idea what Adderal was knew it was used for ADAH but really didn't care just went home and took it results have been unbelievable. Almost never take a nap, feel way more refreshed, no brain fog. "

Husky1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

For ADHD "Calms mind for focus."

Aputpu (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For ADHD "My life has totally changed for the better since starting this medication about a year ago. I am 36 so when I was growing ADHD didn't exist, but I was that kid that couldn't sit still or concentrate and talked 24/7! This medication has given me my quality of life back, it lifted the "fog" that has always been in my brain and I can't be more thrilled to have found this Med! Thank you Adderall for giving me my life back!!!"

NurseKrista26 August 15, 2016

For ADHD "my doctor gave me adderall because i cant sit still long enough to concentrate and study and do productive things at work. He gave me 10mg to take twice a day but i didn't feel any effects from the drug. I decided to take 2 10mg at the same time and still nothing. I am so sad right now because all i want to do is concentrate and study and do my job with concentration. I was really excited to take these pill but now am dissapointed. I think I am one of those people who are resistant to stimulant medication"

eliasadc August 13, 2016

For ADHD "My experience with adderall, for one it makes me poop like crazy, I'm super thirsty (dry mouth) and it KILLS my appetite. I don't eat for hours and I didn't have a desire to. But while I was at work I was on top of everything, as far proofreading, catching errors, it does make you focus and more alert. I was multi tasking and the fact that i didn't feel overwhelmed, was a plus."

Shae93 August 10, 2016

For ADHD "I started taking adderall in 2012 to 2015 with a 15 month break in 2014 due pregnancy and breastfeeding. I was diagnosed with ADD as a child but held off on taking medication until I was 26. Adderall immediately helped with focus and even energy and motivation. I excelled at work and finally was able to complete tasks instead of starting them and trailing off to something else. In 2015 when I discontinued adderall, I was taking a pretty high prescribed dose of 30mg twice a day. I started noticing the cons of the come downs were outweighing the pros of when the medication was working. I had anxiety, irritability and extreme fatigue. They switched me to dex which was much smoother but has increased my BP. I try Vyvanse tomorrow."

Parksc352 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2016

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed as narcoleptic at the age of 50 following my diagnosis of sleep apnea. I first tried Provigil and it was a game changer. I had spent the last 30+ years developing my own coping mechanisms to mitigate my EDS. After 6 weeks on Provigil I experienced progressive allergic reactions to the drug and sadly had to quit taking it. When I reported this back to my Sleep Doctor, he put me on the time release 20 mg of Adderoll. Love it!!!! I do get sleepy late afternoon....might need to take a second dose...will discuss with my doctor. My daughter was diagnosed with severe Narcolepsy and cataplexy about three years ago. She also had Graves Disease. She recently had her thyroid removed and just started daytime meds."

Mjferg63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For ADHD "Before adderall i was on edge i had put everything off and neglected myself and my relationship. Now i have that drive to want to do what i love eapecially art. Im a graphic atrist and have that drive again. Anyone that is irritable with every little thing feel lazy cause u dont want to leave your house and have no social life please see a doctor to test u for adhd add it will I promise change and possibly save ur social life and self esteem"

Ch1984 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2016

For ADHD "I was first diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 6. My parents at the time decided against treating my illness with any form of medication. This was in the mid-90s during a time where ADHD and ADHD medications were very controversial. This led to self-medicating with prescription opioids throughout my teens and early twenties. It wasn't until several psychiatrists continued to stress the importance of treating my ADHD that I finally decided to try the Adderall. And I can proudly say that it changed my life and saved me from a serious drug addiction. I'm now in my third year of school studying psychopharmacology. Thank you Adderall."

Frank TheHuman Sambrick (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2016

For Narcolepsy "I had been on Adderall for a couple of years. I was finally after being out of it most of the time during my life, was able to get things done and even if I did not get enough sleep at night (I still have that problem). I was fine just taking 20mg in the morning and sometimes (rarely) 10mg around 11:00 am. I did not gain nor loose weight. I did have enough energy though to go to the gym and not worry about driving any time of the day. All was good until Medicare said NO, I could not have it anymore. I am now on Ritalin 30mg in the morning. It helps a little but I don’t ever want to drive far, 5 miles is my limit, before I get sleepy. My sleep is very restless and I wake up many times, avg. around 4hrs sleep out of 9hrs in bed."

The Dawg (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2016

For ADHD "What a genuis medication! It changed my life completely. I strongly believe and from my experiences using for over a year that addetall is extremely helpful for those who really suffer from ADHD. I'm much more focused, happy, a lot get accomplished each day, my emotions are in place. It helps me keep the weight down. There are some side effects, my main concern is trouble sleeping but that can be controlled with meditation and other methods. I wish I've gotten diagnosed earlier, my life would have been much more different. But it's never too late. Great full for this medicine."

MilashkaNY (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 15, 2016

For ADHD "Added 40 mg/day to Wellbutrin. I don't space out anymore, and actually do things start to finish. My doctor said Wellbutrin may decrease the effect of stims, and lengthen effective time. I don't experience any crashes with this combo, but have noticed that some effects from the Wellbutrin are a little less. This combo is for me for now, but expect will need to change as tolerance grows. Needed 20mg in the AM to begin therapeutic effects. Definitely could go to bed while on this, don't seem to experience any of the common side effects, or any speediness. Actually increased my appetite (Wellbutrin suppressed)"

kendalh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

For ADHD "I was on Adderall XR 20 mg for about 6 months, and then developed hives. Could've been the bottle, could've been a delayed reaction (sulfa allergies). I don't know, but it was perfect until then. Decreased appetite, yes, but that's not negative as far as I'm concerned. Doc switched me to Vyvanse XR, and I can tell you that while you will focus, it's not as focused as when on Adderall (at least for me). Decreased appetite but nothing like with Adderall. I've also been on Evekeo (10 mg) tablet. I've only tried that once, and while it will definitely stimulate you (closer to Adderall), I find there's really not hyper focus. Just a lot of movement and staying awake. If you haven't tried it yet, I would go with Adderall XR first."

Multiple Tries (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2016

For ADHD "ADD is NOT a made up condition. I'm 26. Without Adderall/Vyvanse, i have no mental energy or focus to do anything. And it has been this way my entire life. School has gone from being an F and D student to being an A and B student. It has nothing to do with "being lazy" and everything to do with having a real chemical imbalance in the brain. Anyways, have been full time for 2 years until 7 weeks ago I convinced myself it wasn't working anymore and I didn't need it. Big mistake! I am ready to start up again next week. I can feel the old me come back, the me I hated. If you truly have ADD/ADHD, this will change your life for the better. Some negatives are sleeping less, decreased apatite, and often weak erections on it (despite high libido)"

Matt88 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2016