User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 33 reviews 15 medications

8.7
ADHD 219 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Adderall reviews 252 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Adderall

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed with narcolepsy wth cataplexy about two years ago. I was always the friend in the group that was falling asleep in the car, movies, and middle of class. I actually got voted "most likely to be sleeping in class" for my senior year. Even though it was funny for others, it's not for me. It's so hard to live a normal life when your constantly tired and all you want to do is sleep. I took nuvigil for the first year and half. It was working fine but I grew a tolerance for it with adverse effects. I started adderall 1/2 a year ago and it's the best thing ever. I've never felt so normal before in my life. I take 10mg XR when I wake up along with 10 mg regular release tab. And 10mg later on in the day. Best choice ever by my doctor!!"

Taylorr February 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "I stopped taking this medication 6 years ago because I built up a tolerance to it. But, it seriously was the best thing to ever happen to me. I've always had untreated ADHD and when I finally received treatment, I flourished. Now, after 6 years I am giving it a try again. So far it's working great. The two things I don't like about Adderall is that I talk WAY too much, share WAY too much information. In fact, I call up family members and talk to them to death.I had to write myself a note and tape it to the phone to not call or text anyone! And the second thing is the comedown, by the time the medication wears off, I am drained!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 22, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "This drug works great at first until you need more and more to focus. Stay away from this med if you don't truly have ADHD or you have hypertension."

Txcb2004 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "While not perfect, this drug helped me achieve around an 80% improvement in my focus, attention, and ability to see tasks through to the end. I take 20mg IR in the morning and 20mg early in the afternoon. I was never diagnosed with A.D.D when I was a kid likely because I barely went to see doctors as a child. I used illicit drugs my whole life until it caused me to almost kill myself. After being clean for a year, I noticed my problems persisted with attention, focus, and finishing tasks. After seeing a Psychiatrist and getting a proper test/diagnosis, I'm grateful. It's helped a lot."

WOW. Major Improvement! (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "This has helped me a lot, but I have a couple tips. There are different brands that people will react differently to (I thought they would all act the same but no). I had a bad reaction with the first generic brand I tried, tried a different generic brand, and had a better experience. So look into that because not everyone believes that there's such a difference between different brands but to me there was. Second, I'm overweight and thought "decreased appetite? good!" but I would advise to still make sure you're eating frequently enough. Food has such an impact on brain functioning so not eating for 6 hours because you didn't feel like it is a bad habit to start! Once I got those slight issues settled, this drug really helped.Just be smart"

Sprite93817 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "Has helped me focus and I have motivation to do work . But the crash sucks , unless you have Valium or xanax"

Richieminaj January 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "I never thought I could have done better than how I was before. I am doing better at sports, behavior wise, and paying attention in class."

Ny12314 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "Having ADD has been a bumpy ride for me, especially when it comes to finding the correct medication. As a Mechanical Engineering major, my work load is very heavy and being able to focus is essential and Adderall Xr certainly gives me the ability to do so. I've been taking 30mg xr for about 2-3 years. Prior to adderall I took Vyvanse and Concerts which did not work as well for me as adderall. It also took me a while to work adderall into my schedule as efficient as possible as I don't like taking it EVERYday. But I've got to say I found a happy medium that allows for the least amount of side effects and it is working absolute wonders for me."

Jhest603 January 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "Please be aware of all side effects before taking this drug. Adderal is highly addictive and it is very likely that 1 taking this drug will continue to do so for a long period of time out of necessity. Its best to slowly decrease the intake of the drug so the withdrawal symptoms are not 2 intense. Taking more than prescribed can lead 2 severe & even life threatening situations. Hallucinations, hearing voices, severe insomnia, & personality changes are inevitable if abused. With that being said, this is a highly effective yet short term solution bc of the dependency factor. At times the side effects may be so severe that the person taking the drug doesn't even notice bc they are so happy and focused on everything else.Notice Excessive Movement?"

Lawstudent1738-be cautious! (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "While Adderall definitely helped my ADD symptoms, the comedown was absolutely horrible. I was on 30mg per day (20mg IR in morning, 10mg IR 5hrs later). It made me finally able to focus, and stay organized for the 5 months I took it. However, as soon as it started wearing off, I turned into a real big jerk, and I even lost some friends because of it. I eventually discontinued it after having a mental breakdown, and due to several of my closest friends and family approaching me about how I was acting. I ended up switching to Concerta and currently take 36mg per day. I find that it works 10 times better than Adderall did for me. Long story short, Adderall, while definitely very effective at treating my symptoms, wasn't the right fit for me."

average_16y/o_guy December 30, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "I began talking Adderall about 3 months ago, I was scared to say the least. Many people I talked to advised against taken the ADD meds, instead suggesting naturopathic (?) meds. I wouldn't know where to start! I have suffered from depression since I can remember, started taking meds for that in my early 20s. Looking back at my life as a child into my teens and adult years, there was no doubt in my mind that I also had ADHD. Now 20 years later, I realized it was time to do something about it. Dr started me off at 5mg, then 10mg, up to 20mg now. It's amazing how this stuff works, I can ACTUALLY concentrate AND complete something!! The only complaint I have is that I am a little (more) spacey, could be because I'm a mother of 3 though!!! "

3lovelies December 8, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "Do not take Adderall if high blood pressure runs in your family. Be especially careful not to take it if you have high blood pressure already. I had normal blood pressure until I started taking Adderall. Ever since, my blood pressure has been at least 130/80, and I have measured it at 162/88 while on the drug. I am a 20 year old male, and my dad has hypertension, which is where this incredible susceptibility comes from. I stopped taking it but I still have high readings, which only started when I began taking Adderall. Do yourself a big favor and harangue your doctors about Adderall if you or your family has a history of high blood pressure. You don't want to end up on BP meds."

Sam 123 December 8, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "I have Primarily Inattentive ADHD and recently was diagnosed at 39 years old. I was on Amphetamine salts IR 10 mg 2x's a day as needed at 1st, which worked ok, but gave me some side effects I didn't appreciate, such as peeing so much it kept me awake at night. Also it worked inconsistently per day and sometimes per hour. It gave me blurred vision. So I was switched to 20 mg amphetamine salts xr which is much easier on my system. I don't have the urinary issues and it works a bit more consistently, though I don't get the "zeroed in" focus that I got with the IR and I still get some blurred vision, but no issues that cause it. Also, with both I have mildly decreased appetite, which is fine since I'm overweight and also a very dry mouth."

RjoyD (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD in 06 and I found out in order to have ADHD as an adult you had to have it as a child so I look back on my childhood in Real Life 4 did have ADHD as kid but never got treatment for it because my mom didn't believe any mental illness so I didn't start treatment with the ADHD until 2006 I was placed on Ritalin but I found it to be ineffective and then I stopped treatment and I started treatment up again a few months ago and I was giving our all and I found it to be very effective working but with 2 major side effect keeps me awake and constipation , but outside of those two it works wonderfully."

DaveyTheDJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "I take 5 milligrams as needed for school. I take it right before school, maybe around 6am, school starts around 7am. I've noticed extremely dizziness, I get hot so easily, even more anxious, so much more depressed, so tired, terrible headaches, and excessive talking. I wake up in the morning to bump into every possible wall, my vision is completely blacked out. I can't walk for more than a mile, without feeling faint. I eat well and drink lots of water (due to a horrible experience with Vyvanse, in which i lost 20lbs) Not only that but falling asleep is killer. I've never taken such a small dose, and have such poor results."

Teen W. ADHD November 9, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "I have had ADHD for as long as I can remember. My first real memory is when I was an altar boy. I would go to the church but could never concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing. I would forget pretty much everything and was just sort of walking through things as a zombie. Every time I had to serve a mass I had to rework everything in my brain. This went on for years through school where I couldn't pay attention and I would actually ask the same question two or three times. I did not find Adderall until later in life because when I was young it was not available. After taking 15 milligrams of the instant release twice a day my life changed for the better. I was able to concentrate for the first time. Not covrd by ins as am +20"

Satori3636 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 28, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "I was recently put on Adderall for ADD. I have suffered ever since I can remember with not being able to focus on anything, having a wandering mind, and doing very poorly in school. I began to just think school wasn't for me. I had heard many negatives on Adderall and that is why I never asked my doctor if it would be an option for me. He suggested I give it a try and now I am on 10 mg every day/as needed and I feel better than I have in years. It has helped my depression/anxiety as well. I am happy to learn now and attend school. Wonderful drug for me."

Abbadabba101 October 23, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "I take the XR, and it allows me to focus throughout the day at work and in classes. I can actually sit down and complete a task, I can get something done (for once), and the only side effects I really experienced were a bit of dry mouth at first and some continued loss of appetite. Otherwise, completely effective. Unfortunately, my insurance company only covers the brand name. Otherwise, it would be much, much cheaper. It's the brunt of my monthly prescription costs."

KittenCommander (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "Was the only drug that was effective"

Aa cRte (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 3, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "Side effects: Dry mouth, anxiety (if used when tired), euphoria, hyperfocus (when dose too high) Adderall allows me to concentrate and study for a reasonable amount of time while also offering flexibility on when I use it; both XR and short-release are quick in-and-out drugs, unlike SSRIs. My performance improved dramatically with use of Adderall, but there were definitely a few cons. Hyperfocus is a huge problem that alluded me for a few months. Because Adderall affects the brain, it distorts the user's reality. I felt that I was getting a lot done, and it wasn't until my colleagues at work told me that I was garbage at multitasking that I realized my dose was too high. Beware of this. Focus =/= productivity"

Sweets! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "My feet in the bottom upfront hurt all the time sometimes they go to sleep"

joey1515 September 23, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I personally didn't like the way I felt when I decided to take more before the scheduled time to take it. I was very agitated couldn't sleep for 3 days even though I felt tired and wanted to sleep do not do more than recommended dosage."

John polar (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "Very effective, but very addictive. You may not realize until you stop taking it. What do you do? It helps the condition...but you become dependent on the drug?"

Mom of Four September 4, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed with sever sleep apnea when i was about 50 I have been tired most of my adult life so assume have had apnea a long time. Tried cpap, forget that, got a somnodent mouthguard which stopped almost 100% of my apneas, but I didnt feel better. Put on provigil like 5 years not really much better same with nuvigil.finally drs and I were fed up I could not make it through a day without at least 2 to three short 5 to 20 minute naps and always felt like had a cloud in my brain and my pcp recommended to sleep dr. to try Adderall. I had no Idea what Adderal was knew it was used for ADAH but really didn't care just went home and took it results have been unbelievable. Almost never take a nap, feel way more refreshed, no brain fog. "

Husky1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD "Calms mind for focus."

Aputpu (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016