User Reviews for Adderall

ADHD
8.3

Summary of Adderall reviews 8.3 293 reviews

Reviews for Adderall

For ADHD "I'm prescribed the 30mg tablets and I couldn't be happier! I've been taking this medicine for years and its very effective. 10/10"

Addison (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 23, 2018

For Narcolepsy "Adderral has given me some of my life back. I can tell you this for certain. Without it I was lost and on the brink of suicide. Now I can be a father, husband and most important a normal human being again! I take 20 mg, 3xs a day. It is still not enough to keep me from napping twice a day before 5pm, but it helps. I still feel as if I’m in a fog for most of my morning and afternoon, but at least I'm not worried of crashing my car or falling asleep on the job. Personally I have not suffered side effects. My blood pressure is very good, I don’t get jitters, and the medicine actually calms me tremendously. Without it I was simply a mess! If you even think you may suffer from Narcolepsy, take this medicine. I can’t say that enough. Take it, and find some happiness again!"

Fogwalker August 19, 2018

For ADHD "Adderall (Amphetamine) will seem fantastic the first time it is prescribed. But as the years go by, and tolerance increases, you will need more. It also down regulates dopamine in the brain (which eventually means that it has been associated with dopamine depletion in the strital area of the brain and frontal cortex) Dopamine effects pleasure. When it becomes low (the brain will compensate by lowering dopamine when taking Amphetamine, because Adderall increases it) When this happens you will need to continue taking it or you may experience what is called anhedonia (Look that up) This is a very dangerous drug that can permanently change brain chemistry"

Drkatzjr27 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2018

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed with narcolepsy after about 5 years-1995 to 2000. A sleep study doctor diagnosed me as having this disorder. After trying methylphenidate and then provigil I still had EDS. I even had a doctor prescribe (Desoxyn) which didn't help. Adderall XR also was not effective enough, so I was prescribed 30mg of adderall I.R. one a day. Narcolepsy causes sleep deprivation causing anxiety, depression, and nights of no sleep at all. Most doctors hesitate to prescribe medication for these side effects. Finally found that Belsomra helps on those sleepless nights. Adderall is not the 'magic bullet' by itself and the stigma of having to take Adderall, Klonopin,, Wellbutrin, and .Belsomra gives narcoleptics anxiety and fear to ask physicians to prescribe medications that almost make us feel normal."

sk July 20, 2018

For ADHD "All the generics ate horrible. Teva who acquired barr has not improved. The brand is teva- generic does not work. I want something comparable to original Barr. I'm struggling and drowning back into depression - generics are not the same. FDA doing nothing to help all of us that ate struggling"

Seester (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2018

For ADHD "I'm a 21 yr old who suffers from extreme ADD and Social Anxiety. I've found that Adderall 20 mgs IR 3 times daily to be a life saver for my ADD and social life. I actually go out and can maintain friendships/relationships. I've tried Focalin (D-methylphenidate), Ritalin (racemic form methylphenidate), Concerta (Mph er), etc and Adderall beats them all by far. I started out on 10mgs twice a day and have found this dosage is the most effective at keeping my moods stable."

96chanz (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 1, 2018

For Narcolepsy "I have had Narcolepsy for 25 years, 5 of those years I went undiagnosed, another 5 figuring out a treatment that worked for me. Initially, treated with Ritalin and developed a tolerance. Tried non-amphetamines and they did absolutely nothing! Then started Adderall, I had become a new person again, had a life. Able to hold conversations, cook a meal, and drive a car again, all without falling asleep! I was even able to work and have been working for the past 15 years. The dosage increased over a period of time, but for the past 9 years I have been on 180 mg per day and it has controlled my Narcolepsy without any side effects or need to increase the levels."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 9, 2018

For ADHD "I tried adderall first at age 17 (15mg a day), it helped a couple hours after I took it, but about 3 hours later I'd get extremely depressed and have depressing thoughts, then a couple hours later it'd just go away. This happened every time and I went off it shortly after. At 19 I tried it again at 20mg a day. Same good feelings for about 3 hours, and then a crash. However, this time the bad feelings weren't as intense and I didn't have depressing thoughts. I did experience more anxiety though, and the depression was still bad enough for me to dread taking the meds. I'm trying focalin now but I've only taken it once so I can't compare them yet."

skittle (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2018

For ADHD "I was prescribed Adderall 5mg in the morning to start for ADD not ADHD. I am 21 years old. After a couple months I got up to 20mg daily because the lower doses weren't helping. Make sure to eat something before you take it because if I took it before breakfast I wouldn't eat all day. After 4 months on Adderall 20mg daily it is not helping anymore and if anything made my ADD a lot worse. I'd be in the middle of a conversation and just totally blank. Started taking a lot of effort to think anymore. It also became really hard to do much of anything if I didn't take it. It also made me sweat profusely and gave me very dry and pimply skin. It worked well for a while when I didn't take it every day but when I changed jobs I started taking it daily and it's awful. If you are prescribed this don't take it daily like it's a maintenance drug or it'll fry your brain!!!"

Allison (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2018

For Narcolepsy "Able to make it through the day without becoming sluggish most if the time. Needed to cut back dose during light season which impacts severity. Anxiety, inpatience, frequent blood pressure increase becoming bothersome after 2 years. Not sure what to ask for."

Tv (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 18, 2018

For ADHD "AHDH medications sucks.They don't treat ADHD believe me. They just delay it till the crash comes and you feel 40 times more worse.They have destroyed the lives of hundreds of people due to prolonged use. They are just street meth.Believe me I have ADHD and the best medicine I would suggest are a non-stimulants like welbutrin and strattera.If they didn't work for you then never ever use stimulants they will ruin your life. Just rely on adaptogens eg rhodiola, ginseng, good diet, exercise and meditation. If study is a problem for you then use you hyperfocus and study something that you are interested in.You may have found some good reviews about these stimulants however these people are new and they are unaware of there consequences. I have tried stimulants for 15 years so I am confident and sure about what I say."

Tom (taken for 10 years or more) March 31, 2018

For ADHD "I have been diagnosed when I was in ,1st grade but parents were against medicating their child. Big mistake, now in my early 30's I have been on 20mgs twice a day and they put me in an almost sedated comfortable mindset where my mind can focus on one thing and not twenty at a time. As soon as my Dr put me on this med I could work and attend College, it's let me utilize the intellect that I could never use and will be going into Graduate program for Psychology next semester. Those people with ADHD without any medication just use it how you are directed and it can change your life without changing who you are and how you act as a person."

Cepworker (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2018

"I was put on Adderall about 4 years ago for a few reasons. I have mild ADHD, chronic pain, and depression at times. My doc has me on 20mgs IR, and it's a wonder drug for me. It helps with all three issues. I have had a couple of reactions to it out of the gate, but that was my own fault. I've been on the XR formula as well, but it was effecting my sleep. Follow your Rx, and let your doctor know everything. It's one of the best meds out there. It will give you a crash feeling at times. My doctor added welbutrin XR to smooth it out. Able to focus, and get helps my painkillers last much longer. Insurance will cover it though a pa is probably needed. Make sure to eat, and keep up with your liquids."

Bostong (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2018

For ADHD "I’m a 21 year old female. Adderall helped me focus, be on time, stay organized. However, as time passed I noticed the negative impact. I had weight loss, irritability, my anxiety was worse, dry skin, dry mouth, was not feeling like myself. I developed insomnia too. This was only on 20 mg a day. I took it as prescribed. The worst part was when I tried to quit taking it after I was switched to Vyvanse, which I felt even worse on. I ended up in the hospital having a panic attack the first time I tried to stop taking it. The second time I tried to quit I had even more withdrawal symptoms, paranoia, panic attacks, vomiting. Stimulants are not worth it."

Em47_ January 26, 2018

For ADHD "Was diagnosed with ADHD at 18 years old. I was prescribed, and am taking Adderall 20mg XR. This drug makes me feel like an emotionless zombie at times. My anxiety is fluctuating a lot and my mood is constantly changing. I like to go out late sometimes but when it wears off I don’t have any energy to do so. Friends and family have become increasingly less important it seems. I have minor scoliosis and it makes my back pain a lot worse at times. This drug definitely allows me to focus and get ahead. At the end of the day I don’t know if it’s worth it though. Might need a lower dose."

Anonymous2112 January 7, 2018

For ADHD "Makes daily life possible. I was diagnosed in 3rd grade with ADHD. Poor grades and constantly being sent to the principal for class disruptions was getting ridiculous. Started on Ritilan. No more principal and straight A's. Now in my 30's and on Adderall I successfully taught myself computers, reading electrical schematics and building whatever is called for. Pretty much whatever I wanted to learn."

Knight2000 January 5, 2018

For Narcolepsy "I've been on Adderall for EDS and Narcolepsy going on 10 years now. I feel my continued heavy use of Adderall will essentially kill me. All of your stories are completely familiar, and Adderall absolutely does all that's being said that it does..the reality though is that taking this drug at high doses over an extended number of years is shameful to many parts of the body. You become essentially the same as any Meth user..this drug is simply a "cleaner" form, if you will. The drug has rotted my teeth despite extra care taken, and I now have dentures. I'm not even 40 yet! It has caused numerous skin conditions, including adult acne, rashes and a constant nagging itch (skin crawling feeling). Bc of the itch I have "pick marks" all over."

RoxBu January 2, 2018

For ADHD "I'm not entirely sure if ADHD and bipolar intersect, or if they correctly diagnosed me by being both, but that being said, I was prescribed adderall at age 15. It definitely did the job. I personally enjoy being hyper so it was alien to me. It enables me to not only hear people but listen and comprehend. It stops impulsive behavior. Provides almost sedated state. You just float along. I feel like it made me want to be quiet and polite. Now I take lamictal and seroquel. If you have ADHD do yourself a favor and look up mania. Very similar."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2017

For ADHD "I have Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy (MMD)/Rheumatic Disease and Adderall IR has been incredible in balancing out the effects of my pain management medication for my rheumatic disease - to the point where I have cut my pain mgt med in 1/2 due to my increased activity. I'm engaged in my life again and I've found a happy balance :)"

Balanced Out (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2017

For ADHD "I finally got diagnosed when I was 40. I was in college and just couldn't focus or comprehend my classes. I thought there was something wrong my head. I've been abused for a very long time. I went to my counsellor and suggested I get tested for ADHD. I was very relieved it wasn't head problems. I was diagnosed with ADHD. I suffered 40 years with all the symptoms but never thought about ADHD. When I was put on Adderall I couldn't believe the difference. My grade point was 3.67. I was very proud of myself. I've been taking it ever since. 30mg twice a day. People can tell when I'm not on it, big difference. My insurance didn't cover it. So I was paying over $200 My insurance started paying last yr. THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY."

Huggerbabe2007 December 13, 2017

For ADHD "I started on concerta fo rADHD and had poor results, it made me feel out of touch, I started adderrall a week ago at 20 mg twice a day and I have anxiety and feel some focus. I am wondering if 20 mg is too low a dose and need to go up."

pauly1740 (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

For ADHD "Truly this medication has helped me with so many aspects of my life. I was diagnosed later in life with ADHD inattentive and it explained so much of my life."

Anonymous1000 December 7, 2017

For ADHD "it has helped me with my disability."

legoro (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2017

For ADHD "This drug completely ruined my life. I started taking the drug when I was 12..till about 25. Everything I have done academically has been due to adderall. I have a degree in I/T and am working on a civil eng. masters degree. Don't get it confused, you can be fine for a year or even years on this drug..but it will catch up to you. After I quit taking itI was back to a 12 year old academically and professional performance wise. It made my real ADHD 10x worse w/o the drug and gave me crippling anxiety. I quit taking it and developed a cocaine problem then a drinking problem that almost killed me. I attribute each of these addictions to being on legal speed for 13 years..It's speed - there is no way around it."

Civilengineertriggertime (taken for 10 years or more) November 9, 2017

For ADHD "I'm going crazy"

Adhd kid (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2017