User Reviews for Adderall

The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.

Narcolepsy
8.5

ADHD
7.8

Summary of Adderall reviews 7.9 345 reviews

Reviews for Adderall

trinehundop3 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 12, 2020

For Narcolepsy "Generic Adderall is not the same. I feel immediately awful when I realize they switched me to generic dextro amp (amp salts works not sure what brand. I heard Teva might have moved distribution centres and have been alternating approved cheaper alternative ingredients. Well guess what they don’t work AT ALL. Check the generic brands when you get your script filled and see how you feel. The old generic brand I took worked just fine. I cannot get out of bed for weeks because whatever “similar” generic cheap alternatives they are using do not make the cut. Welcome back debilitating fatigue!"

XSH92 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 24, 2020

For ADHD "Adderall has worked great for me when taken as needed. When I was in my early 20’s and taking it daily I built up a dependence that lead to terrible withdrawals as it is very addictive. (Learned the hard way and never want to go through that again!) I will usually only take this when my ADHD symptoms are unbearable and my work/personal life starts to become affected. We are talking maybe 1-4 tablets max per month. It really does help with focus and energy, and I find that one 10-20mg dose is usually enough and I feel good for several days after the dose without any withdrawals or dependence issues."

For Laura · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 22, 2020

For ADHD "Laura, CVS in Kansas City and probably elsewhere exclusively carry SANDOZ. With goodrx my 60 tablets of 20mg are 28$"

Focused802 · Taken for 10 years or more February 21, 2020

For ADHD "If you're taking for ADHD please note there are a lot of side effects, having said this, they are sometimes serious so take note to talk to your doctor. If you get cold fingers or toes, make sure to consult your doctor as it's a syndrome that can be prevented. It does help with focus, it helps with impulse control, it helps with a general overall euphoric feeling and it can cause you to lose a lot of weight. Be sure to eat, EAT, don't shake your head, you know I'm talking to you. Eat and stay hydrated it causes you to urinate a LOT, make sure to supplement what you are losing. It will cause tremors, shakes, and irritability, again, eat food. Make sure to stick to a 2000 calorie diet AT LEAST. May cause muscle fatigue and extreme soreness, stay hydrated, make sure of this. Some say it causes better grades in school, well, to an extent. It just makes you write a lot. Eat Eat Hydrate And maybe take melatonin to help promote rest. I warned and entertained you."

Argentanya · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

For ADHD "My daughter developed tardive dyskinesia, a permanent drug-induced movement disorder, while on Adderall. If your kid has ODD, stay away from all stimulates; they are most at-risk."

Mikr February 19, 2020

For ADHD "I totally agree that the new A 79 generics are no good. I mean they work a little bit, but I feel taking the same amount of the other oblong orange ones that taste like sweet we’re way better. These taste like nasty chalk. I’ve never had adderal brand though so I wouldn’t that difference."

Anonymous February 17, 2020

For ADHD "I have been on adderal 15mg 2×daily for 7 yrs it has completely change my life. I was always down, depressed, unmotivated, impulsive, always day dreaming, short attention span, no focus and couldn't sitting still. Adderal has given me a new happy life that I can enjoy and appreciate. Starting to think I need to go up to 20mg. I can feel I'm getting used to them. But without them I wouldn't get out of bed and would waste my life.I think adderal is my miracle drug I have never been so grateful for a prescription drug"

Spanky January 29, 2020

For ADHD "I have found the generic brand for Adderall is not effective as the brand name. The Epic brand caused me to have severe depression, blurred vision, headaches, very tired and no focus at all. I’m trying to find a brand that is much like the name brand. Looking for suggestions if anyone can share please. Thanks"

Sally · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 24, 2020

For ADHD "Generics make me feel ill, sometimes headache, sometimes itching or hives. Google where generics are made."

Adarye · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

For ADHD "I was so glad to see these posts. Pharmacies are so rude to me. I switched to so many brands, but they say they are all alike, and say it doesn't matter which generic I get, because they're all the same. My doctor, unfortunately, thinks the same. I finally said to the pharmacy tech one day, "I'm sure I'm not the only one, who would like certain generics." She said, no, I'm the only one. I know this sounds crazy, but the blue 10mg of teva, don't seem to work like the 15mg of the peach teva, even if I cut one of the blue in half to make it 15mg."

Laura January 5, 2020

For Narcolepsy "I have #IdiopathicHypersomnia & #narcolepsy. Not all generics are equal 1. #Corepharma works 2. Oval, peach #Teva does not 3. Teva started carrying same dark pink, round IR as #Corepharma 4. In 2018 Teva selling the oval, peach again 5. I filled the Rx with #Sandoz (round, peach) worked almost as well 6. Corepharma was purchased by #Epic. 7. I have been relying on Sandoz since 2018 Every month I have to call pharmacies see if Sandoz is in stock. Usually they don't have it & can't to order it. #JewelOsco is the ONLY pharmacy that places orders for me. Today (01/05/2020), JewelOsco does not have any & unable to place an order; the supplier is out & the date available is TBD Has anyone tried #Northstar? How does it compare to Sandoz? How is the pharmaceutical industry allowed to do this? If anyone reading this can point me in the direction to hold pharmaceutical companies legally accountable, please comment *Aurobino does not work for me #NarcolepsyDiscrimination"

beachgirl02 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 2, 2020

For ADHD "I recently was given this new form of adderall from the pharmacy which was circular with just an "A" on one side... I did not like this new form of Adderall at all!! I assumed it would have the same effect as the typical oval shaped and it was completely different which is a little scary. It was very bitter and gross tasting unlike the football shaped one has a sweet note. It also disintegrated turning to powder immediately, as I attempted to break it in half (waste of product). I did not get any focus from it nor did I feel any different at all?? It did nothing! Then the next day got a horrible headache! I was talking with a friend who also mentioned getting the same thing recently. He mentioned having an extremely bad headache too the following day, so we now know it's from this form of adderall. I DO NOT LIKE IT. It should be pulled from the market honestly I don't know what the heck this rubbish is but it is not adderall."

Anonymous December 24, 2019

For ADHD "I’ve been taking the generic version of Adderall for about 2 years now. I was tired all the time and couldn’t focus. I felt like a slug and when I had energy I still had brain fog, and had a hard time studying. In class, I would fidget in my chair, doodle, and listen to lectures, but nothing would stick in my head. No matter how long I studied. I was prescribed the 7.5 mg tablet once a day and just the small dose did wonders for my energy levels and let me focus and actually get things done. It helped me talk in social situations and gave me a mood boost. That being said, The generics changed a couple times. And I’m not sure, but I think I can tell a difference between them. After the pill wears off, my head aches, my legs throb, my body aches, and I’m nauseous and feel sick. I have flu like symptoms, which are miserable. It’s sad because it’s a really small dose and helps me so much but some of the side effects suck. You just gotta see what’s worth it to you."

Katie · Taken for 10 years or more December 2, 2019

For ADHD "This medication does not work at all now."

K November 20, 2019

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed with a sleep disorder/excessive daytime sleepiness and my physician prescribed me Adderall. After I found the dose that worked best for me (30mg in the morning and 10-20mg in the afternoon) I felt like a new person. I usually sleep anywhere from 12-18 hours a day when I don’t have classes or work (I don’t have to force myself up on these days with 2 alarms). I can still nap but they are not nearly as long as they used to be (3-8 hours). My grades have improved and most importantly, my attendance of class has improved! I used to sleep through class, but now I can go because my body isn’t begging for sleep. Overall it is an extremely helpful drug to treat narcolepsy/excessive daytime sleepiness. I finally feel like I have my life back! My only complaint is the dry mouth I experience every so often. I also still feel rather tired some days but it is not as NEAR as torturous as it used to be. Overall, it is extremely helpful and it has changed my life for the better."

hzio · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

For ADHD "I got diagnosed with ADHD at the beginning of this school year, being my senior year of high school. Since 8th grade, I've struggled in school, been incredibly impulsive, had very strange eating habits, over-thought everything, and could never contain my anger or anxiety. Once prescribed, my life has changed. My grades went up, and in 3 months I've lost almost 30 pounds (I am still in the normal BMI range). I can control myself. I finally believe in myself because of Adderall."

Sparkly October 23, 2019

For ADHD "I’m 48 yo woman that was diagnosed with ADHD in elementary. When I began (on holiday) taking it I’m extremely fatigue/zombie the first 3 days, I am not nearly as engaged with anyone/anything around me (I talk 97% less when I’m on Adderall) and it makes me feel less cognitive. I feel like it dumbs me down. After the 3rd day I start to feel better and those “tranquilizer effects” go away. Adderall is an emotional regulator for me. It works wonders for my impulsivity, racing thoughts, fidgeting, feeling overwhelmed, anger, anxiety, zoning out, and my mouth. Yes, my mouth has always been my biggest challenge and has caused me tremendous social/professional problems. While in a perfect world I’d be on no medication, I have to recommend Adderall for anyone whose suffering from ADHD, because it has changed my overall quality of life for the best. Sparkle on beautiful people! "

Mikethomps6 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 22, 2019

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with both bipolar and ADHD. After trying multiple combinations, we finally tried adderall on top of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, and Fluvoxamine for OCD. At first, the adderall did wonders. Completely made me enjoy life again. However, as my tolerance increased, the adderall crash was very intense. It resulted in a bipolar low almost everyday around the same time. I recently just switched to Stratetta and is my second day taking it. Anxious to see how this works."

MissLeopard83 · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADD in 2005 after experiencing horrible distractibility in class while at college and not being able to focus on a single thought in my head. I was prescribed Adderall IR and I remember feeling like I had drunk 5 Red Bulls or something! My heart was pounding and I had horrible anxiety the whole day. I only took it one time. I decided to get off it immediately. Soon after, I was prescribed Strattera, which didn't do ANYTHING. I've gone for about 13 years without actual ADD medications because I really hated the idea of stimulants. That all changed when I realized my ADD was getting out of control. I saw my current psychiatrist last week who re-diagnosed me and we discussed my experiences. I had read reviews from people here who say that Dexedrine works for them if Adderall made them too wired, so I asked if I could try that. I just tried it today and I had no horrible side effects - no anxiety, no heart palpitations, no edginess, etc. It is wonderful!"

Sherri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 8, 2019

For Narcolepsy "I was recently diagnosed with Narcolepsy in early 2019. I was started on Adderrall, but it took about 6 months to get the regimen that worked for me. I was quite sick at the stomach for about 3 months with nausea, and headaches. I take 30 mg at 9 am, and 10 mg at 1 pm. Finally, it's working well to a certain degree. I still need at least two naps during the day and have most of my energy in the morning and early afternoon. Come 7-8 pm, I'm literally exhausted. I realized how well the medication worked after I missed a dose. I wondered why I was yawning all day and barely able to stay awake. It was because I had forgotten to take my Adderrall. Despite how well it works, I still seem to yawn almost constantly. I would not be able to get through the day without it. It's not 100 percent fix, but I can function for most of the day using it. So, that's a plus for me."

Themom · Taken for 10 years or more September 24, 2019

For ADHD "I shared my experience recently on here and was going back over and reading others as well. I believe we should all state the laboratory that producing the specific generic we are each taking. Doing so may help us all narrow down which ones to stay away from and which ones are truly therapeutic. Eon lab brand of amphetamine/dextroamphetamine was good until 9 months ago, now they are horrible (no therapeutic value and bad side effects). I then I switched to Teva and they were decent for about 2 months and now they are giving me side effects. Plus the pharmacy ran out of them and I had to wait for a new batch and when the new batch came in is when the bad side effect started. I KNOW the drug manufacturer has changed something. Hope that helps someone."

Worse drug brand Teva · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

For Narcolepsy "I have been on D-Amphetamine Salt Combo, 30mg a day for a few months for narcolepsy and actually did great. But I recently picked up another prescription and noticed this brand is called Teva generic brand. I have noticed for 2 weeks I have became irritated, forgetting easily in what I was looking for or talking about, aggressive outbursts, stomach pain, migraines, generalist not feeling good on this brand. I will be complaining over this!"

sTAR kID 99%er September 11, 2019

For ADHD "So, I have had ADHD since I was like young. I never liked the pills they gave me when I was younger because I was already a thin kid and then taking Adderall I would eat even less. So I stopped taking the medication. When I was taking this medication I got most improved student! I went without the drug for years, until just about 2 years ago I started taking it again and It has helped me so much! I am very thankful for this drug. I suffer from fatigue , and many, many other problems. This drug is one of many I NEED, To Think Straight and to not get outta control. It also helps me BIG TIME with my anger issues. Hope this helps someone! Star Kid Is OUT!"

JD12 · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 11, 2019

For ADHD "This drug is one of the greatest formulas of all time. I went from down and depressed and unmotivated to organized and focused. Also from relatively poor to rich due the effect it had on me with my enthusiasm for work"

Debralar · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 6, 2019

For ADHD "I cannot believe that the FDA allows AUROBINDO or TEVA to sale their lousy drugs through pharmacies in the US. Neither of these generics have any affect on me at all!! WASTE of money! They are playing with people's minds and well being!!!!"