User Reviews for Adderall (Page 3)

ADHD
7.7
Narcolepsy
8.4

Reviews for Adderall

Frank TheHuman Sambrick · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 22, 2016

For ADHD: “I was first diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 6. My parents at the time decided against treating my illness with any form of medication. This was in the mid-90s during a time where ADHD and ADHD medications were very controversial. This led to self-medicating with prescription opioids throughout my teens and early twenties. It wasn't until several psychiatrists continued to stress the importance of treating my ADHD that I finally decided to try the Adderall. And I can proudly say that it changed my life and saved me from a serious drug addiction. I'm now in my third year of school studying psychopharmacology. Thank you Adderall.”

AwakeWill April 14, 2014

For Narcolepsy: “It makes a huge difference in my day! I hate having to take something everyday to stay awake and alert but better then living in the fog I was in the past 8 years of my life (6 of which I didn't even notice they were side effects of something bigger haha.) Things you may notice while taking Adderall with narcolepsy, 1.You are stop being a shut in 2. You actually start calling your friends to do something instead of getting harassed till you finally cave and do something. 3. You're better at work and all of a sudden care about your job. 4. You are grinding your jaw. 5. Stop grinding your jaw. and finally 6. Work with your doctor for the right dosage! There will be a bit of dancing between cracked out and half asleep till you find it.”

lwk9400 · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2014

For ADHD: “It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world.”

ILuv2bnp July 13, 2019

For ADHD: “I have always known that I had ADD. However, I was in grad school, and I was studying for up to 10-12 hours a day. I found myself reading and re-reading and was having a hard time retaining information, because I couldn't stay focused. I would study for hours. Long story short, for my master's degree, I had to take practice timed test for NP boards, I failed it. My instructor told me to get tested for ADHD, and get on medications. I did, and it was the best thing I have ever done, and wish I did it sooner, it cut my studying by half, because I'm very focused. I didn't have to request extra time for my NP boards, and I passed with time to spare. I have no side effects; incr. HR, BP, I eat and exercise, and don't take it late in afternoon to avoid insomnia. I only take it when I study and not everyday. I believe it's about making the drug work for you and not let the drug control you. Medication "holidays" are great to do.”

Ben · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

For ADHD: “Started off with Adderall 5 mg IR twice daily. Overall, this is a very low dose. I have found it was more effective and safer to take it every couple of days. At least for me. I have tried 40mg and 60mg before so I am very aware of how intense it can be. If you take it every day you will end up increasing the dosage. Try to use it sparingly and try doing activities that produce dopamine naturally like exercise or walking and listening to music. This will help you feel healthier while taking it. Overall I think it is helpful but definitely feels unnatural and can't believe they give speed to children. ”

Defamous · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 8, 2019

For ADHD: “If it wasn’t for Adderall I would be a basket case no questions asked. I'm 55 been on it since 2014 on an everyday basis. I'll take a day off every so often, but it's a rare occasion. My Blood Pressure is 122/74- pulse 64 when moving around normally. Resting my BP is lower along with the pulse rate. If you are relatively healthy heart wise no problems. I know one guy who's pushing 76 years old and he's still taking his prescribed dosage.”

Fogwalker August 19, 2018

For Narcolepsy: “Adderral has given me some of my life back. I can tell you this for certain. Without it I was lost and on the brink of suicide. Now I can be a father, husband and most important a normal human being again! I take 20 mg, 3xs a day. It is still not enough to keep me from napping twice a day before 5pm, but it helps. I still feel as if I’m in a fog for most of my morning and afternoon, but at least I'm not worried of crashing my car or falling asleep on the job. Personally I have not suffered side effects. My blood pressure is very good, I don’t get jitters, and the medicine actually calms me tremendously. Without it I was simply a mess! If you even think you may suffer from Narcolepsy, take this medicine. I can’t say that enough. Take it, and find some happiness again!”

BeenThereDoneToomuch7 March 22, 2015

For ADHD: “Once getting on adderall I found it gave me just enough euphoria to put down everything from alcohol to opiates, while giving me the drive and ambition to seek an engineering degree. I must warn people adderall is a stimulant, it's out of your body rather quickly (1-2 days) so addiction in the "physical withdrawal" sense is not much, although years of taking it will keep you relying on it -that's a PROMISE. Depending on the dosage you'll be severely lethargic and wind up sleeping a few days. Beware of the day's end, you'll likely need something to sleep, or relax which can cause problems. Despite the caution, you'll be a morning person and love it, just remember the word "moderation" and you'll be a new you!”

Years later - finally realizing potential. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2013

For ADHD: “I floated through high school, got honors and graduated a year early. Did the same through a state college, even though I was accepted to Ivy leagues with scholarships. I chose the easy route as I hated books, and never read anything, despite being able to pass with a bachelors in college and honors in HS just on auditory lecture learning, I was scared to challenge myself. Went to nursing school 10 years ago and failed out. Then I tried again on Adderall - Out of a class of 140, I'm #1. Everything I read I absorb. I can NOW focus. Everything's wired tight and each day I am limitless on what I can learn. I feel music. I'm in touch with everything. I thank everyday I'm on it.”

chaparra August 4, 2008

“I have found that as a 8 year drug addict to painkillers I was able to focus on staying off my drug of choice by taking Adderall. I believe it has helped me stay clean and off all painkillers for 1 year now. ”

Sof · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2016

For ADHD: “I knew I struggled with ADD in college but refused to go on medication because of the stigma associated with Adderall. My father has ADD as well and refused medications. Now at 56 he is homeless, can't hold down a job, can't control his finances, health, or any responsibilities. When I graduated college and started my full-time job I realized that I was heading towards the same path as my pops. I love my job and am very passionate about it, but following instructions or staying on task during an 8 hour work day was IMPOSSIBLE. 5mg of XR/day (2x on my v. busy days) saved my job and life! I feel like I finally have a clutch to support me with my disability now. It has improved every aspect of my life: social, financial, academic, etc.”

Mikr February 19, 2020

For ADHD: “I totally agree that the new A 79 generics are no good. I mean they work a little bit, but I feel taking the same amount of the other oblong orange ones that taste like sweet we’re way better. These taste like nasty chalk. I’ve never had adderal brand though so I wouldn’t that difference.”

lady Ironworker April 1, 2015

For Fatigue: “I just started Adderal 20mg about a week now. Before I was on 10 mg, not extended release, just tabs for (2) months. I'm always so tired. The higher dose helps me stay awake and function through my days. Glad something works, so far no side effects noted.”

rustynail23 March 28, 2021

For ADHD: “I’ve been on Adderrall immediate release for at least 8 years, probably more. At first Adderrall gave me an intense high and made me very talkative. Very talkative. That lasted for a few days and after that each morning when I took it it gave me a euphoric feeling for about have the day. I wasn’t making impulsive decisions like I had in the past and my focus was razor sharp. I really enjoyed this drug for sometime but the last 3-5 years it’s just been the same old same old. I take it in the morning and have somewhat of a boost in energy and focus but after around 11am the effects of the medication just wears off. I wind up feeling irritable, decent level of focus if I’m busy at work, and just downright not very social with people. This week I’m going to see my P.A. and hopefully get on Vyvanse which I was encouraged by many to try before jumping on Adderrall. Vyvanse is more expensive but I’m ready to feel more focused and more myself.”

Drkatzjr27 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 1, 2018

For ADHD: “Adderall (Amphetamine) will seem fantastic the first time it is prescribed. But as the years go by, and tolerance increases, you will need more. It also down regulates dopamine in the brain (which eventually means that it has been associated with dopamine depletion in the strital area of the brain and frontal cortex) Dopamine effects pleasure. When it becomes low (the brain will compensate by lowering dopamine when taking Amphetamine, because Adderall increases it) When this happens you will need to continue taking it or you may experience what is called anhedonia (Look that up) This is a very dangerous drug that can permanently change brain chemistry”

local 731 nyc January 8, 2016

For ADHD: “Hi everyone. I am 25 years old married with a 6 month old son. I was diagnosed with severe ADHD at the age of about 10...I'm talking horrible behavior, bad grades, constant moving, etc. my mother told the doctors no medicine at that age. Then around 12 my mother caved in and gave me the adderall, I hated bc of the instant side effects for me. I continued to take it until about 14 and I made a 100% improvement. At 14 I learned to cope with the ADHD on my own. But now 11 years later in the real world with many stresses, my ADHD had gotten worse then ever, to the point that my wife wanted to leave me because she couldn't handle it. I got my prescription back and my life is amazing.. 30mg IR 3x a day 1 in a.m 1 after lunch 1 on way home from work.”

Drkatzjr27 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 12, 2017

For Narcolepsy: “The efficacy of Adderall in any condition that you take it over is dependent upon the quality of the generic brand that your pharmacy carries. Although a pharmacist will not want to tell you this, a generic product can vary plus or -20% variation from the brand-name drug. This was A result of the Hatch-Waxman Act. Moreover, and most disturbingly, only the generic company itself knows The results that they conducted and required for a generic manufacturer to manufacturer a generic drug require Bioequivalency testing. However, they, and I emphasize "They" because it is only the generic company itself that conducts the test and knows the results besides the FDA. Only the generic firm and the FDA knows the exact test results. Research different generic reviews, because this makes all the difference in your experience with generic Adderall IR”

Anonymous April 21, 2008

For ADHD: “I have been taking Adderal for 2 years now (3 of the 30mg tablets a day). It's a great way to get your work done in school and anything else you may need motivation to do. It also makes me more social and interesed in things I wouldn't normally be interested in. The bad thing about it is that if you go even one day without it you eat 3 times more than you usually would and you feel irritable and agitated. overall- coudlnt live without it”

TiffieD · Taken for 10 years or more April 22, 2017

For ADHD: “I am 51, and have been on Adderall for 15 years. I take 20mg twice a day. It helps me concentrate, and stay focused. I skip taking it for one day every week, this helps me see where the Adderall helps in my life, and was suggested by my doctor to help my body not build a tolerance to Adderall. At this time I personally don't believe Adderall is "addicting", when taken properly. While on vacation, I went a week without it, and never felt any withdrawal's​ from the Adderall. I keep my Adderall, and other med's in a metal lock box, that locks onto a shelf in my fridge, because people do abuse Adderall.”

Mikethomps6 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 22, 2019

For ADHD: “I was diagnosed with both bipolar and ADHD. After trying multiple combinations, we finally tried adderall on top of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, and Fluvoxamine for OCD. At first, the adderall did wonders. Completely made me enjoy life again. However, as my tolerance increased, the adderall crash was very intense. It resulted in a bipolar low almost everyday around the same time. I recently just switched to Stratetta and is my second day taking it. Anxious to see how this works.”

Joe King July 6, 2014

For ADHD: “I have ran the gauntlet of ADD meds, starting with Concerta then tried Vyvance which worked well in the beginning, then my Dr switched to Adderall XR, then to I R, which works best for me I take 20mg twice a day definitely helps with non stop thinking, racing thoughts, and just simply getting motivated. I have been on the IR for about a year and the highs are finally outweighing the lows. 39 years old and can see light at the end of the tunnel.”

Decaf920 January 6, 2021

For Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with a severe case of narcolepsy about a year ago. I always thought it was my chronic fatigue that made me feel so sleepy all the time. I was finally referred to a sleep specialist who ordered a night and day time sleep study. When I received the results he told me I was a very sleepy person, his worst case in many years. I have been taking 20MG Adderall 3x a day. It does help but I'm still extremely tired throughout the day. The sleep doctor advised me in September that there's a newer medication that can be added to my Adderall but insurance didn't like to approve it and that in 6 months hopefully it will be easier to prescribe. I've seen somewhere that 60MG a day is the max for treating ADHD but that 90MG is the max for treating narcolepsy. I'm curious if that dose would improve my symptoms. Overall I'm happy with the medication as I never notice any side effects. I just want to feel more awake and less sleepy.”

Matt88 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 3, 2016

For ADHD: “ADD is NOT a made up condition. I'm 26. Without Adderall/Vyvanse, i have no mental energy or focus to do anything. And it has been this way my entire life. School has gone from being an F and D student to being an A and B student. It has nothing to do with "being lazy" and everything to do with having a real chemical imbalance in the brain. Anyways, have been full time for 2 years until 7 weeks ago I convinced myself it wasn't working anymore and I didn't need it. Big mistake! I am ready to start up again next week. I can feel the old me come back, the me I hated. If you truly have ADD/ADHD, this will change your life for the better. Some negatives are sleeping less, decreased apatite, and often weak erections on it (despite high libido)”

pnj89 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 25, 2013

For ADHD: “I've taken Adderall for 2 years. The first 6 months, worked very well. Balanced me out, kept me focused & side effects were minimal. But, the efficiency of Adderall has really gone down in my experience. I often find myself hyper focusing on things I don't need to & the side effects have gotten much worse. Insomnia, horrible dry mouth (= more cavities), I get antsy & shaky at times & I also feel I've become dependent on it. Next doctors appointment, I will be asking to switch out to something else. Its a good medicine at first, but understand that many of the great reviews are likely written by newer Adderall users.”

Adoman January 21, 2015

For ADHD: “Good with increased mental focus and less distractions by activities that were going on around me. I have nothing negative to say about the Adderall. It has improved my ability to control my attention and give me greater intensity in thinking and reasoning.”