User Reviews for Adderall (Page 4)

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 32 reviews 15 medications

8.6
ADHD 201 reviews 36 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 233 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Adderall

For ADHD "Should have started with Adderall at first. My eight year old son is doing good."

nikko34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2014

For ADHD "When I was diagnosed with ADHD in the 3rd grade they put me on Adderall and then I became a person I was not. I had social anxiety but got exceptionally good grades in school where others failed. Adderall changes your personality and was the worst 12 years of my life, I had no friends because engaging in conversation was nearly impossible. It traps your thoughts in a prison of your mind and suppresses any creativity. "

RyGuy v2 May 14, 2014

"Just started. Feels geeky and doesn't last long. Need clorazepate and propanolol to calm down. Definite crash. But reduces fear and sleepiness and increases confidence and heart rate. 10 mg IR. Not sure will continue, nurse practitioner said call after 30 days."

Obsessivelycuriousstill May 6, 2014

For Narcolepsy "Insurance didn't cover the Extended Release (XR) form, so I was taking multiple regular Adderall pills a day. It was pretty obvious that they worked, but over time, I developed a tolerance that made me need to take one every 2-3 hours, rather than the standard 4-6. Only side effect was feet so cold, they tingled."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) April 28, 2014

For Narcolepsy "It makes a huge difference in my day! I hate having to take something everyday to stay awake and alert but better then living in the fog I was in the past 8 years of my life (6 of which I didn't even notice they were side effects of something bigger haha.) Things you may notice while taking Adderall with narcolepsy, 1.You are stop being a shut in 2. You actually start calling your friends to do something instead of getting harassed till you finally cave and do something. 3. You're better at work and all of a sudden care about your job. 4. You are grinding your jaw. 5. Stop grinding your jaw. and finally 6. Work with your doctor for the right dosage! There will be a bit of dancing between cracked out and half asleep till you find it."

AwakeWill April 14, 2014

For ADHD "It's great grades came up from straight F's to B & C's."

G money March 13, 2014

For ADHD "I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful. "

2nd chance at life March 10, 2014

175 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "Very effective in treating ADHD."

streetdoc85 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2014

For ADHD "I have been taking it for several years. There was a time about a year ago when all the Pharmacies could not get any and I went about a month without. Being a Service Advisor, I deal with a lot of numbers (Vin, License Plates, etc.). After a few days without, I started reversing a lot of the numbers. I would see the correct order but would say out loud or write down a reversed version. I had to go slower and double check what I had written. A positive side effect is it gets me off the couch on the day(s) I have off and motivates me to get stuff done around the house that needs to be done. It kept me up at night at first, but after awhile, I learned not to take it too late in the day. I would recommend it to anyone who has ADHD. "

Anonymous January 28, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "It was like a light bulb went on in my brain."

simbo January 25, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "Lost about 60 pounds, was a bit concerned, and I had to force myself to eat sometimes."

SamIAm420 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 21, 2013

For ADHD "I've taken Adderall for 2 years. The first 6 months, worked very well. Balanced me out, kept me focused & side effects were minimal. But, the efficiency of Adderall has really gone down in my experience. I often find myself hyper focusing on things I don't need to & the side effects have gotten much worse. Insomnia, horrible dry mouth (= more cavities), I get antsy & shaky at times & I also feel I've become dependent on it. Next doctors appointment, I will be asking to switch out to something else. Its a good medicine at first, but understand that many of the great reviews are likely written by newer Adderall users."

pnj89 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "Keeps you focused. However when it wears off I can't sleep till 6 hours later."

emie_13 November 21, 2013

For Narcolepsy "In school I could not focus and went through bad moments that I will never forget. Writing this I can still picture all of those who made disgusting gestures because I would leave group projects 1/2 way. Through high school I was in the verge of failing, although, my commitment and dedication to reach the dream of going to college, kept me strong."

Joseg123 November 17, 2013

For Narcolepsy "I've been on adderall for six months for narcolepsy. It has given me a life back. It has helped my severe daytime sleepiness by about 80 %. There are times if I'm really really tired that I can tell the med doesnt help. But mostly it is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is the crash after the med wears off. I can tell a huge difference. And it is also disappointing that I have to take meds to stay awake each day. But overall, I would say I'm very thankful for it."

Biote (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2013

For ADHD "I liked how focused it made me however if I was agitated it made it worse"

Jenn95 October 29, 2013

For ADHD "Hyper focused, dry mouth. Both this and Straterra put me into state of manic. Used Depakote 750mg for mental balance. "

joeyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 12, 2013

For ADHD "I've taken Vyvanse extended release and Adderall extended release. I didn't like the mood swings and irritability I suffered when they would wear off. My doctor has since put me on Adderall immediate release 30 milligram tablets twice a day. I've taken these tablets for 2 years now and love that I can focus and I am not having mood swings or irritable at all. I have experienced dry mouth and some jitters as well as trouble sleeping. I take Ambien to sleep and it is no longer an issue. I have to take a vitamin supplement due to a huge weight loss though. I was over weight when I started Adderall and now am at a healthy weight and maintaining that weight without issue."

skittles1215 October 6, 2013

For ADHD "After 37 years of knowing something wasn't right with my brain, I was diagnosed with ADHD, Inattentive Type in grad school and was prescribed Adderall. Where do I start??? This medication literally changed my life. Imagine being a "gifted" kid who eventually could barely pass middle school math - that's me. After a lifetime of compensating for my "slow processing," hiding my disorganization, and pretending to be on the same page with everyone else, this explains everything. Adderall has made a NIGHT AND DAY difference in my motivation level, what I understand and follow, and even my mood/emotional reactivity. In a word, amazing. If I ever meet the people who "discovered" Adderall, I'm kissing them - my husband agrees."

RedFiona October 5, 2013

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "Finally I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult after struggling my whole life with ADD. I was put on Adderall and my life changed 100% for the better. I think this is a wonderful medication for those with ADD!"

Cherrycher September 21, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I'm a 57 year old male that has been clean and in recovery for ten years now. I have abstained from anything stronger than aspirin the whole time. Chronic pain had made it necessary to begin a closely monitored treatment schedule, but I was still losing a lot of focus on tasks at work and any motivation for anything but sleeping at home. After talking to the doctor we added 20mg Adderal 3 times a day. The difference has been amazing. I normally work pretty long hours and had been having trouble staying awake in the morning going to work and evenings going home. No more. Properly scheduling the doses keeps me active and focused my entire day. Didn't take long to find out that it increased energy and desire in other areas also. All others."

Jojomac57 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2013

For ADHD "I am prescribed Adderall XRs. I am only on 30 mg once a day and my Dr won't increase it. The medication definitely makes me motivated, have energy, and feel a nice since of well-being. I am concerned with a few side effects I get almost every time. I get numb on the left side of my neck and in my shoulder. I also get really cold feet and my toes look purple with very slow capillary refill. I also already had a sleep problem before all this, so my nights are always pretty restless."

Jason407 September 20, 2013

For ADHD "Great medication. I was doing tasks again and talking to people again. The only down side is I want something more 24hrs. The instant release tabs had peaks and after the peaks I would have massive anxiety and the same was with the extended release. It's a great medicine but not for me."

Roofie91 September 14, 2013

For Narcolepsy "I just started Adderall 10 mg for a new diagnosis of narcolepsy. This is the first time I have ever stayed awake through a movie, and been able to sit and read without nodding off. I am still my normal, calm self. But I just do not have the compulsion to sleep. Very helpful."

AleeD (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2013

For ADHD "This is a great medicine for focus but it has a downside to it as well. It can cause chest pains. So you must be careful with usage. "

Ronanklan July 29, 2013