User Reviews for Adderall (Page 4)

ADHD
7.7
Narcolepsy
8.4

Reviews for Adderall

chan the man with the plan · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 15, 2017

For ADHD: “For me Adderall has changed my life remarkably for the good; without Adderall I wouldn't be able to work 40 hours a week like I do as well as going to school full-time. Yes it may be a amphetamine and produce similar euphoric highs to meth and MDMA, however it is far different as far as when it is broken down chemically. For those who have little knowledge in chemistry, just one small change in the chemical structure to a drug that may seem so insignificant can actually change the drug dramatically when it comes to the side effects. Adderall is a very useful drug and provides many benefits with much less side effects then the other not so good drugs in its class.”

kristin1350 May 22, 2015

For ADHD: “I was diagnosed with ADHD unexpectedly when I started going to a counseling center a couple months ago, after I got in trouble for bringing marijuana to school. I was also diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. I am 15 and this all came as one big unexpected shock to me. I felt useless and pathetic knowing this. I was put on medication for all of the mental disorders, including Adderall. I have always been a good student, but now I am actually able to focus in school and now, I'm excited about going to classes and doing homework. I actually feel like I'm worth something for once.”

Blondy02 October 3, 2012

For ADHD: “I've been taking 60mg of Adderall a day for 14 years now. It's a miracle! I don't think I would have made it through high school or college without it. I started when I was 14 and starting high school. I loathed getting up early, but shortly after taking my pills I was awake and motivated to get ready and go about my day. It made boring classes seem more interesting. It gives you this focus and drive to be productive.I don't feel like myself without them. I'm cranky, unmotivated, eat and sleep a lot if I don't take it. Just be cautious with dosage. You do develop a tolerance to it over time. If your blood pressure goes way up and you feel jittery or shaky, your taking too high of a mg. People should start with 10 or 20mg at first.”

WOW. Major Improvement! · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 19, 2017

For ADHD: “While not perfect, this drug helped me achieve around an 80% improvement in my focus, attention, and ability to see tasks through to the end. I take 20mg IR in the morning and 20mg early in the afternoon. I was never diagnosed with A.D.D when I was a kid likely because I barely went to see doctors as a child. I used illicit drugs my whole life until it caused me to almost kill myself. After being clean for a year, I noticed my problems persisted with attention, focus, and finishing tasks. After seeing a Psychiatrist and getting a proper test/diagnosis, I'm grateful. It's helped a lot.”

OlderKSman January 13, 2019

For ADHD: “Read all the comments about Adderall being an amphetamine. It's a mixed bag. Everyone who has ADHD has different levels. Talking too much or losing weight, lower dosage. Comments about generic differences is true. I have ADHD, panic attacks, agoraphobia, chronic fatigue. Started in 1991 with anxiety. Tried every medication. I had developed a chemical imbalance. I'd rather have lost both legs. People have zero compassion for mental health issues. On Adderall XR 30mg daily for 12 years. I'm 64. I wanted to try 10mg IR so I can manage it better. Use less. For 2 years no insurance & generics didn't exist. Cost $475 a month. Another script cost me $900! It was either bankruptcy or sell my house. Don't believe in bankruptcy; sold house. When your paying $940 a month child support, $1000 in house payments, $1,400 a month in meds with no insurance, what else can you do? And I detest dead beat parents. It truly helps. Go with the lowest dose that works for you.”

squeeps August 28, 2019

For ADHD: “I had taken Adderall for many years and was slowly on the decline. I was deeply depressed and had an absolute hopeless and helpless outlook on life with no relief. I had psychosis, delusions and impulsive behavior which I never had. I began having issues with memory, thinking, reasoning, decision making, tasks, and concentration. I would become very agitated if being interrupted. I was very aggressive and agitated constantly, it was at least 98% of the time in 10 years. I read horror stories about stimulants, namely the Amphetamine line of them. I subsequently tapered off of them and feel 100% better than before. I have no depressive symptoms, delusions, memory problems, agitation or aggressiveness. I was not happy with life and my personal relationships were very toxic. I wasted almost 10 years of my life feeling like this and have other personal complications that resulted from the use of these toxic drugs.”

skittles1215 October 6, 2013

For ADHD: “I've taken Vyvanse extended release and Adderall extended release. I didn't like the mood swings and irritability I suffered when they would wear off. My doctor has since put me on Adderall immediate release 30 milligram tablets twice a day. I've taken these tablets for 2 years now and love that I can focus and I am not having mood swings or irritable at all. I have experienced dry mouth and some jitters as well as trouble sleeping. I take Ambien to sleep and it is no longer an issue. I have to take a vitamin supplement due to a huge weight loss though. I was over weight when I started Adderall and now am at a healthy weight and maintaining that weight without issue.”

Cepworker · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 24, 2018

For ADHD: “I have been diagnosed when I was in ,1st grade but parents were against medicating their child. Big mistake, now in my early 30's I have been on 20mgs twice a day and they put me in an almost sedated comfortable mindset where my mind can focus on one thing and not twenty at a time. As soon as my Dr put me on this med I could work and attend College, it's let me utilize the intellect that I could never use and will be going into Graduate program for Psychology next semester. Those people with ADHD without any medication just use it how you are directed and it can change your life without changing who you are and how you act as a person.”

Anonymous April 20, 2008

For ADHD: “I have taken 20 mg of Adderall coupled with 50 mg of Zoloft for the past year. They work really well together. Adderall helps me focus and Zoloft treats any mood swings or depressed feelings. It really is a good combination for ADHD, ADD, or OCD.”

time4change April 2, 2008

For ADHD: “Against the advice of my teachers, my mom decided not to medicate me as a kid since my grades were fine. As I got older, I got worse, concentrating was impossible for me and my grades dropped... my mind never stopped! I have been on Adderall for almost 9 years now. This drug saved me, it worked great! The down side...after this long, I have built a tolerance, get very irritable, and feel kinda foggy or dazed by the end of the day. I'm going to try something new for awhile and see what happens.”

So pleased with results May 6, 2009

For ADHD: “I had clinical depression/anxiety for years. Worsened terribly after having 1st baby at 33. I was extremely fatigued, couldn't start or finish easy tasks, totally overwhelmed, cried constantly - major post-partum depression. Was prescribed Adderall, Wellbutrin and Zoloft. Been on all 3 for 1 year and am a completely new person. Adderall doesn't exacerbate my anxiety; in fact, I am less anxious because I can concentrate and don't feel exhausted, inadequate and unhappy. Might not work for all, but this combination is perfect for me. Upped blood pressure a bit, but still in normal range and monitored. Use with care with dose at start. I cut pills and take a bit at a time, always in the morning and only when needed during the rest of the day and never more than prescribed. I feel this lessens risk of dependency.”

Jojomac57 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 21, 2013

For ADHD: “I'm a 57 year old male that has been clean and in recovery for ten years now. I have abstained from anything stronger than aspirin the whole time. Chronic pain had made it necessary to begin a closely monitored treatment schedule, but I was still losing a lot of focus on tasks at work and any motivation for anything but sleeping at home. After talking to the doctor we added 20mg Adderal 3 times a day. The difference has been amazing. I normally work pretty long hours and had been having trouble staying awake in the morning going to work and evenings going home. No more. Properly scheduling the doses keeps me active and focused my entire day. Didn't take long to find out that it increased energy and desire in other areas also. All others.”

MilashkaNY · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 15, 2016

For ADHD: “What a genuis medication! It changed my life completely. I strongly believe and from my experiences using for over a year that addetall is extremely helpful for those who really suffer from ADHD. I'm much more focused, happy, a lot get accomplished each day, my emotions are in place. It helps me keep the weight down. There are some side effects, my main concern is trouble sleeping but that can be controlled with meditation and other methods. I wish I've gotten diagnosed earlier, my life would have been much more different. But it's never too late. Great full for this medicine.”

Mudjugg66 · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 13, 2015

For ADHD: “I was once a procrastinating, underemployed, muscular 18 year old who was unsure of his future. My ADHD made it impossible to focus, my motivation was terrible, and I snapped on anyone over the smallest thing. I knew about Ritalin...also knew its excess side effects. Heard about Adderall and decided maybe I should speak with my PCF. He prescribed me Adderal, a pill that can either make or break you. If you have had ANY history of drug abuse AVOID IT. It took me a month to realize I was abusing it. I lost sleep, weight, gained a tolerance. When I decided I'd better let my wife handle my medication, she gave me my two IRs per day and still does. It helped alot. The medication is wonderful for ADHD but can very easily kill you if you abuse it”

Dielawn · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2015

For ADHD: “I was diagnosed with A.D.D and I've been using Adderall for just over 2 years now. My 9th year of school I finished with a very low GPA just over a 1.0 and finished most of my classes with either Fs or Ds but this past year that I was able to get my medicine I was awarded AB Honorle And passing every class with an A except 2 Bs. The mass improvement of my ability to focus and actually want to work actually made the principal think I was cheating since i've had such a bad school record (For grades)”

Tom · Taken for 10 years or more March 31, 2018

For ADHD: “AHDH medications sucks.They don't treat ADHD believe me. They just delay it till the crash comes and you feel 40 times more worse.They have destroyed the lives of hundreds of people due to prolonged use. They are just street meth.Believe me I have ADHD and the best medicine I would suggest are a non-stimulants like welbutrin and strattera.If they didn't work for you then never ever use stimulants they will ruin your life. Just rely on adaptogens eg rhodiola, ginseng, good diet, exercise and meditation. If study is a problem for you then use you hyperfocus and study something that you are interested in.You may have found some good reviews about these stimulants however these people are new and they are unaware of there consequences. I have tried stimulants for 15 years so I am confident and sure about what I say.”

Cherrycher September 21, 2013

For ADHD: “Finally I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult after struggling my whole life with ADD. I was put on Adderall and my life changed 100% for the better. I think this is a wonderful medication for those with ADD!”

Danatee May 20, 2015

For ADHD: “Yes, this medication does work wonders, at first. Diagnosed ADHD (by a Psychiatrist) at the age of 26. The first 3 years it worked quite well and felt like a godsend. I took 5-6 days a week and my life demonstratively improved. Focus, completing tasks, mental clarity, improved self-esteem...life was good. Adderall, like other CNS stimulants, tend to become less effective after time and I noticed this more pronouncedly by my 5th year. At that point, I felt trapped by the drug and tried to stop. The problem was that even after a month or more without Adderall, none of discontinuation symptoms were improving. While I continue to use Adderall for maintenance, I derive little benefit. Be aware, the effects won't last indefinitely!”

ADDERALL WILL MAKE YOU INSANE · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 11, 2017

For ADHD: “I started taking Adderall when I was 26 y/o and it was AMAZING for about 2 years. My dose started out at 30mg/day in the beginning and after 2 years was up to 60mg/day (30 mg IR twice daily). I started getting increasingly paranoid, losing, what seemed like, more and more sleep with each passing month. I kept thinking that I was seeing red and blue lights on my walls at night, which made me think the cops were after me outside. Even though I didn't do anything that would require police assistance. Until one day when I lost my mind, literally. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and put on a 72 hour psychiatric hold for which I ended up staying at the hospital almost 2 week. Diagnosed with amphetamine induced schizoaffective disorder!!!”

bambi88gbg October 22, 2015

For ADHD: “I've been taking Adderall for roughly two years now,I could honestly say it helped me SO much.Having A.D.D my whole life, it completely made my life out of control.I only realized how much of my issues were connected to having A.D.D until l i took my medication,i cannot even explain.Its insane sometimes it even got me emotional thinking about it cause i would say to everyone around me "is this how people without ADD feel ?" and think wow i missed out on SO much.Luckily i could say everything has changed. Graduated highschool,found myself a job,totally different group of friends,even the way i interact and feel about myself TOTAL CHANGE. I would have gave it a 10/10 but my loss of appetite and could not sleep.sucks but pros over cons”

Ch1984 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 12, 2016

For ADHD: “Before adderall i was on edge i had put everything off and neglected myself and my relationship. Now i have that drive to want to do what i love eapecially art. Im a graphic atrist and have that drive again. Anyone that is irritable with every little thing feel lazy cause u dont want to leave your house and have no social life please see a doctor to test u for adhd add it will I promise change and possibly save ur social life and self esteem”

Biote · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 11, 2013

For Narcolepsy: “I've been on adderall for six months for narcolepsy. It has given me a life back. It has helped my severe daytime sleepiness by about 80 %. There are times if I'm really really tired that I can tell the med doesnt help. But mostly it is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is the crash after the med wears off. I can tell a huge difference. And it is also disappointing that I have to take meds to stay awake each day. But overall, I would say I'm very thankful for it.”

rholland321 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 1, 2021

For ADHD: “I have been prescribed Amphetamine Salt Combo which has worked well(I have ADD and narcolepsy). Today I was given from RX, Amphetamine Aspertate, it make me fell kinda sickness. Was I given the wrong medicine. The prescription has not changed ?”

Soulsaviver · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 8, 2014

For ADHD: “Adderall has been a blessing to me. I take 30mg twice a day and my thinking has become so much more clear. I am now able to pay attention and absorb what is going on around me. I have had no negative side effects except for an occasional night where it might take me an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep. I still have a healthy appetite since taking Adderall. This medicine has made my life so much better.”

we3reeds · Taken for 10 years or more February 13, 2015

For Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy 1990. They started me on Ritalin, which did not work for me. Then Dexedrine. It did work but caused a lot of tension in neck shoulder back in the evenings. Then Provigil, Nuvigil. I have settled on Adderall, it wakes me in the morning and keeps me awake in the afternoon. It's a God send.”