User Reviews for Adderall (Page 4)

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 32 reviews 15 medications

8.6
ADHD 218 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Adderall reviews 250 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Adderall

For Fatigue "I am 24, I have been on Adderall for 8 months. For tiredness, lack of motivation, introversion. It definitely helps in all of those. I enjoy being around people, I have the want to do projects & have initiative at work. Does really give me energy, just the want to not sleep and waste I could be spending doing something productive. However the side effects: grinding my teeth. Some of the ones give me horrible dry mouth. Significant weight loss, people keep telling me I look skeleton like. But the worst? Terrible mood swings. I just flip out. Completely irrationally. Horrid anxiety. I need to get off it, but I am afraid of loosing my job."

vm90 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I gave Adderall an 8 out of 10 because it is very effective, anyone who is narcoleptic (which is why I use this medicine) will stay awake completely. Depending on the dosage you can stay awake anywhere from 5 hours to even more than 12. The down side to this medicine, and let me be clear that it is just with my experience is that it can make you jittery and excited. It also gave me "false confidence" and just overall made me more outgoing than I usually. Also I found that the first time I used it it gave me quite a high, which I eventually got used to. After several days I started hallucinating things and got paranoid. There are definitely some psychological side effects even more than the ones that I've experienced. "

Seigfred (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2014

For Narcolepsy "I thought Nuvigil was good, but Adderall is amazing. It helps me feel almost human, again. Not only does Adderall keep me awake, but it clears up some of the mental fog caused by Narcolepsy. Cataplexy is also not as severe when I'm on Adderall. I can finally focus at work, I have enough energy to take care of myself and my family, and I'm doing so well at work that I got two raises in the last 3 months! The irony is that you have to be well-rested for it to work; otherwise, it does absolutely nothing. I have also started devoloping a tolerance so it starts to wear off after about 3-4 hours, but I take another dose and it gets me through the rest of the day."

WhiteBirch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 17, 2014

For ADHD "It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world."

lwk9400 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I knew I was different when I went to school. Being an only child I was very loved and cared for. I lived for the attention in kindergarten I knew I was not like everyone else it took me longer to learn things than others I wouldn't listen fully to instructions. I was so eager to please I fell over myself trying to prove things to be accepted I was outgoing and a class clown my mother always got notes home about me things like she doesn't sit still gets out of her seat talk talk talk I'm grown and my mother has passed away. My best friend therapist has shown me PTSD and ADHD, now I know who I am now."

Davelisa 9672 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2014

For Narcolepsy "Worked very well but only downfall some days made me super anxious and jittery. Overall cant wait to get back on it for some energy."

copeyswife (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2014

For ADHD "This pill definitely keeps me focused."

JackOreilly September 25, 2014

For ADHD "Took XR but IR is a little heavy for me. Now I split my meds in half 5mg 2-3 times a day. Duration seems better than XR. I take lamictal as well. IR helps me get more done but I don't feel personally that the good outweigh the bad. I have reached a norm. Weight. I eat healthier I look healthier. And I take better care of my body. At first - dry skin slightly, hyper focused (my body did not know how to react) I smelT AWFUL at first! Haha I sweat it out ew! I can't find this side effect anywhere. It can take a toll if you don't take care of your body. Stay healthy."

Missme33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2014

For ADHD "I was 23 when I was diagnosed with ADHD. Started Adderall, I take 30 mg of SR a day and the difference is phenomenal! I get up with ease because I know I can tackle all tasks with astounding motivation and actually enjoy doing tedious work. I am co-morbid with anxiety, rumination, and I was highly neurotic. I found myself aggressive, quick tempered, and easily abusing marijuana and alcohol. This all changed with Adderall, I am rational, reflect on situations in a positive light, and generally just a more helpful and kind person. Adderall completely saved my professional and personal life. Side note, it can cause erectile dysfunction but it will go away after your body is used to the cycle."

the kid902 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "It works but I think it might be the effect from having extra energy so you do more things. It definitely helps with motivation and depression. Ironically it got rid of my anxiety as well."

Drew4890 August 27, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I have been taking Adderall for two years and it has probably saved my life. I had been misdiagnosed as bi-polar with no co-morbid ADHD, and was prescribed benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. I eventually became suicidal when Abilify was added,and was lucky enough to have a moment of clarity and changed doctors and hospital affiliates. The week I was started on ADHD meds, I started to become the person I should be. I only wish I could have been diagnosed as a child, I feel I missed half my education. I can now focus all day, keep a train of thought long enough to finish mundane to complex tasks, and have written and recorded an album of music that had been completed but in disarray. No side effects, no weight loss or changes in eating habits."

Thankful OldGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2014

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "This medicine has improved my life significantly allowing me to have significantly improved ability to concentrate on task at hand vs never completing a task but jumping from one to another. Unsure sadly though, may no longer be able to afford it. Insurance changed to only high deductible HSA. No other options."

I'm off the couch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2014

For ADHD "Adderall has been a blessing to me. I take 30mg twice a day and my thinking has become so much more clear. I am now able to pay attention and absorb what is going on around me. I have had no negative side effects except for an occasional night where it might take me an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep. I still have a healthy appetite since taking Adderall. This medicine has made my life so much better."

Soulsaviver (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2014

For Narcolepsy "Does not work well for me."

Anonymous July 7, 2014

For ADHD "I have ran the gauntlet of ADD meds, starting with Concerta then tried Vyvance which worked well in the beginning, then my Dr switched to Adderall XR, then to I R, which works best for me I take 20mg twice a day definitely helps with non stop thinking, racing thoughts, and just simply getting motivated. I have been on the IR for about a year and the highs are finally outweighing the lows. 39 years old and can see light at the end of the tunnel."

Joe King July 6, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6 yrs old and pretty much just learned to deal with it until age 14. When I started 8th grade, my parents put me on the meds and I absolutely love it! I'm so much more successful! Plus I feel better about myself as a person. I don't know how I went all those years without it. Its definitely made my life better."

Evan S (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2014

"I started Adderall at age 17. I've been taking it about 3 years. I have slight to moderate ADD, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Narcolepsy. Adderall helped me be productive, get back to work and school, and maintain a social life. I often try to do too many things at once and get overwhelmed. The "high" is great, you feel on top of the world. But the crash is horrible! If I miss a dose, I can't get out of bed that day. On normal days, I can function well until the dose wears off. The loss of appetite isn't good, and it takes a while to get it back. I lost 40lbs in my first two months, which cause dizziness, fainting, agitation, and all that other great stuff that happens when you can't eat. I started off on 5mg, then 10mg, then 25mg."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2014

For ADHD "Should have started with Adderall at first. My eight year old son is doing good."

nikko34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2014

For ADHD "When I was diagnosed with ADHD in the 3rd grade they put me on Adderall and then I became a person I was not. I had social anxiety but got exceptionally good grades in school where others failed. Adderall changes your personality and was the worst 12 years of my life, I had no friends because engaging in conversation was nearly impossible. It traps your thoughts in a prison of your mind and suppresses any creativity. "

RyGuy v2 May 14, 2014

"Just started. Feels geeky and doesn't last long. Need clorazepate and propanolol to calm down. Definite crash. But reduces fear and sleepiness and increases confidence and heart rate. 10 mg IR. Not sure will continue, nurse practitioner said call after 30 days."

Obsessivelycuriousstill May 6, 2014

For Narcolepsy "Insurance didn't cover the Extended Release (XR) form, so I was taking multiple regular Adderall pills a day. It was pretty obvious that they worked, but over time, I developed a tolerance that made me need to take one every 2-3 hours, rather than the standard 4-6. Only side effect was feet so cold, they tingled."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) April 28, 2014

For Narcolepsy "It makes a huge difference in my day! I hate having to take something everyday to stay awake and alert but better then living in the fog I was in the past 8 years of my life (6 of which I didn't even notice they were side effects of something bigger haha.) Things you may notice while taking Adderall with narcolepsy, 1.You are stop being a shut in 2. You actually start calling your friends to do something instead of getting harassed till you finally cave and do something. 3. You're better at work and all of a sudden care about your job. 4. You are grinding your jaw. 5. Stop grinding your jaw. and finally 6. Work with your doctor for the right dosage! There will be a bit of dancing between cracked out and half asleep till you find it."

AwakeWill April 14, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "It's great grades came up from straight F's to B & C's."

G money March 13, 2014

For ADHD "I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful. "

2nd chance at life March 10, 2014

179 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "Very effective in treating ADHD."

streetdoc85 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2014