User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Depression 6 reviews 79 medications

6.8
Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 653 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

For ADHD: "Been on Lisdexamphetamine for 1 year for adult ADHD. Reduction if not elimination of most symptoms eg. Forgetfulness, inattention, poor working memory. Makes life much easier. Side effects for me, though mild to moderate at times, are; Generalized anxiety, getting to sleep later ie. 11:30pm and poor appetite at lunchtime. I can deal with the side effects. The medication is a god send. Takes a few months before the full benefits take effect."

Paste2 October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I have suffered silently for about 35 years with Binge eating disorder (BED). My weight has gone up and down but in 2015 I lost 45 lbs.(was having health issues) to reach my current weight of 130. But I struggled to keep it off. At the same time I was having difficulty concentrating and completing tasks. My Dr. thought I had ADD and prescribed vyvanse. It helped with those symptoms BUT the real surprise came when I no longer was obsessed with food. I didn't even know it was prescribed for BED! It is life changing for me. A miracle really. I even sleep better at night. I had few episodes of a panicked feeling initially but they have gone away. I feel normal now and my only fear is that someday it will be taken off the market."

Deb C. (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "After taking Vyvanse 50mg for 4 months for adult ADHD, felt on top of the world but instead I became manic and had an episode that my wife is using to divorce me and keep me separated from my daughter. I've not taken it for 2 months now."

4Pren (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "baby4 do you think you maybe clenching your jaw throughout the day? I have trouble with that. My dentist recommended a certain type of mouthguard (not the kind used for sports) but I never tried it..."

Jnice21 September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "My mouth and teeth hurts so bad. I am on 70 mg I ask the doctor he did not know and my dentist he didn't know. At bedtime I Am Still In Pain"

Baby 4 September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I have struggled with binge eating disorder for close to 30 years. I have tried everything- therapy, eating disorder outpatient program, DBT BED program, and the struggle is still brutal from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. When I started Vyvanse at 20 mg, it literally felt like a miracle. That obsessive voice in my head that thinks about food non-stop was quiet. I have tried several other medications for BED that did nothing. I was so excited- I was telling everyone that I felt normal for the first time. And then it stopped working about a week and a half ago. I am absolutely devastated. I asked my doctor to increase my dosage and am hoping that will help."

IEODL September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking Vyvanse for 4 years now and I have been on the same dose of 30mg for severe ADHD. A lot of people have trouble staying on the same dose and need to increase because they get used to the drug. Just a tip: take as needed and when you feel the effects wearing off? Drink a one-shot espresso drink NOT an energy drink. Overall, if you are looking for a good ADHD medication I would recommend either Focalin OR Vyvanse. Best of luck!"

kayyyyyyy September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "WARNING: Majority of the positive reviews for this drug are from people that are new to Vyvanse and problem is that this drug works wonders at start but benefits quickly starts to diminish and side effects start to get worse. I took vyvanse for two years and at first it worked great for ADD. However after taking it consistently for few months I started experiencing anxiety, depression, aggressiveness, anti social behavior, insomnia and isolation... things I never experienced before in my life. The drug is also very addictive because if you stop you feel 100x worse then before you started taking it but the longer you take it the higher dosage you need to get same effect. Eventually it stops working and you just need it to get out of bed."

Truth2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "My son is ten yrs old, has been taking Vyvanse for about one month. He has developed a dry constant cough. It work great for his ADHD but this cough is annoying constant and can't seem to stop it . "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "I was utterly shattered and didn't know what to do before I started this drug. I had bone crushing chronic fatigue and felt I had tried everything. I was so tired for so long I was planning on ending my life. I am on 50mg and it has made a huge difference. I have very little fatigue now, I still have some problems with anxiety an depression but I always had those. Overall I am much better on the drug. I had tried other stimulants like Concerta, Ritalin and Provigil before with little effect. If you are suffering from chronic fatigue please give lisdexamphetamine a try as it can make a big difference."

nenagh1982 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "A client who is a psychiatrist recommended that I go in for testing. After 3 days of tests & my history the Dr. concluded I have suffered from ADHD most of my life & I've developed coping mechanisms to get me through but the untreated issue was contributing to my depression & social anxiety. Vyvanse is the most amazing thing to happen to my life, I feel normal for the first time ever! I'm productive, healthy, focused, active, and social. I had to stop taking it for a 1yr due to insurance issues & during that time I gained an unhealthy amount of weight, was depressed, binge eating, and completely lost. Since back on it, I've realized that it's not something I should be removed from my lifestyle if I want to remain happy and healthy."

angelica_doll August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "This medication definitely has its pros and cons. And being a prescribed patient to adderall/vyvance on and off for over 10 years, my strongest advice would be to take it AS NEEDED. After about 6 months I noticed horrible effects from this medication. Insecurity, anti social, over analyzing EVERYTHING. I found that I was worse than I was on my own without the medication. I got weird and felt almost an out of body experience, but before the 6 month period I felt great."

lauren8208 August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking Vyvanse on and off for a little over 2 years. I am currently taking 70mg. It really helps me focus and multi-task at work. It also has helped with my anxiety and I am able to tackle things that normally I would try to stay away from doing because of my anxiety. I usually take it during the weekdays and not take it on the weekends because I can go 10 to 12 hours without eating and barely having anything to drink because my appetite is not there. I've lost 95 pounds since taking Vyvanse. It also has made my libido go through the roof. There's an upside and downside to the medication. Overall, it has helped more than it has hurt but there are negatives and positives."

TiredofAdulting (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I developed severe shoulder pain in both shoulders after about 5 days. The doctor assured me it wasn't the Vyvanse. Well after 2 weeks of severe pain I thought I'd do my own google search and found plenty of people complaining about vyvanse causing joint pain. I stopped taking vyvanse as soon as I read these forums where people described their joint pain. After 3 days 80% of the pain was gone and it took about a month before 95% was gone. My left shoulder now 'clicks' and often I wake up and my left shoulder is in a position where it's very painful. I wish the doctor would go over all side effects when then prescribe medication so you know when something starts to happen that it is the medication."

Milwaukee WI Racer (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I am practically out of all options for ADHD medications due to side effects. Vyvanse has proven to be really effective for helping my ADHD. The focus I have is great & allows me to "see" what must be done instead and actually do it! I also have Body Dysmorphia Disorder which has paralyzed me from being able to go out of the house. My providers have been trying to get me to get out of the house for years! Unexpectedly, Vyvanse has practically eliminated my BDD & fear to be outdoors! For example, in any given week I might go outside once, if that. I can barely stand 1 hour of being out. Now with Vyvanse, I have gotten my life back. I didn't try. One day I went outside & just stayed! Now, I'm always outside doing lots of things for hours!"

Dee F. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking this drug 6-7 years ago for school and planned to quit when I graduated because it made me anti-social, increase tobacco usage, and want to play video games all night. It was really effecting my personal and social life, plus I hated all of the physical effects (heart rate, cold hands, sweat). However, I enjoyed the high it gives you, and continued taking it after graduating. It helps lock you down at the computer and make boring work less boring. Now, I cannot stop taking it. Every night I lay in bed saying "Ok I have to stop this"., then the next morning I wake up and can't resist taking it. I am going to tell my doctor to cancel my prescription because the cons HEAVILY outweigh the pros."

Johnny 123 July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "For every positive thing this medication claims to solve, it creates multiple negatives. I have been on Vyvanse for over 2yrs now and have just now realized what this med was actually doing to me. I almost lost my wife, and ruined my children. In addition I managed to isolate myself from 85% of my friends as I build up disillusions as to why I cannot trust them. I have added an increased amount of pressure on my spouse, making her feel that it is all on her to keep the house clean. Why does the house have to be clean you ask? Well, when you are taking a higher level of vyvanse and 1 thing, ONE thing is missing... Get ready for RAGE! What kind of Rage you ask? The, Ok, I want to divorce you now rage. God I'm lucky my wife stayed with me."

Mrcoffee3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Take Elvanse (50mg- UK version) in morning for past 2 years. Meds are slow acting, and do not improve motivation or efficiency when working. There is no alternative in the UK- no adderall- so this is the only option. this medication sucks because: 1.) It gives such a great high for the initial 15 minutes to 30 minutes, but it gives such a horrible crash that the negative feeling ruins your day It does not help motivation if anything it causes depression , possibly improves concentration marginally. 2.) I have faced serious and significant weight loss. Being skinny myself, this is of course not a good thing. Currently a 5'11 male, weighing 62kg or about 135 pounds. Am 24 years old. 3.) The medication is addictive."

Dontgetaddictedtothis July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I struggle, with depression, anxiety, ADHD and a lack of focusing. I had an extremely rough upbringing, (with my father dead at 10 then moving around until 13, and from 13 to 18 I lived with my mother who was on drugs and I found her dead. I drank a lot in high school smoked weed and around 19 had a perc addiction. I also dealt with being gay/ bi. I have always taken my medications for anxiety and as a teen I did not like adderal and did not take it. I started taking Vvyanse 3 months ago, I did not realize how good it was working until I realized how focused I was and at work felt fine. I am on 30mg it works great. I do wish sometimes when I am up at 6 it lasts until 2-3 but its not a bad feeling. I would try this medication if you have ADHD"

Steviekidd (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I truly wanted to love Vyvanse. I have struggled with securing a stimulant prescription ever since I was diagnosed with inattentive type ADHD. I've read everything out there on Vyvanse and was so excited when my new doctor prescribed it for me. Also, I'm so used to waiting for drugs to start working (SSRIs mainly) that I kept waiting to write this review. What it's come down to is this: I really just don't know if Vyvanse works for me. I haven't noticed any significant changes at all. The things I have noticed are small and very possibly coincidental. I am currently taking 20mg, which I know is a relatively low dose, so I tried taking 40mg one day and felt like I wanted to die (nausea, anxiety, etc)."

orangetoday (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall worked okay on me, but I wanted to try this to see if it worked better and without side effects. I'd heard good things, but for me it did not work out. My anxiety spiked. I noticed my heart rate felt too fast even though I was just sitting there and it was just a very uncomfortable anxious feeling. Even with the dosage high enough to give me this much anxiety, it didn't work very well! I would forget to do things all the time for example. And I see why they use this on binge eating disorder because it made me not want to eat even when I was hungry. At least it kept me awake and slightly more focused than I would be without the medication, but I'm going to explore other options."

ade987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Summary: effective treatment of ADHD, awful if you have anxiety or BED/anorexia This was the first drug I took for ADHD. It was extremely effective. I was able to get all my work done in my classes with time management I had never had before. However, the side effects can be extreme. It made me extremely self conscious. I would apologize after virtually every sentence in a conversation because I was so scared something I did/said would be perceived as rude. I became obsessed with my skin and weight, developed severe dermatillomania and I lost about 35 pounds Vyvanse crash is awful. In the middle of the day as it would wear off I would suddenly become extremely agitated, snapping at people over something as small as the sound of their voice"

Elizzy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Works like a charm!"

Hoodie (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Vyvanse 60mg pros: laser focused, VERY social, upbeat, very confident, if you have ADHD you know what I mean when I say 'the fear' disappears. The fear when you think about your to-do list and the task of organizing and prioritizing and asking yourself whether or not you can do something. The fear of anticipation of that goes away. It's euphoric. cons: VERY dry mouth, I had to get biotene, I am going to scale back to 30mg because 60mg really made me lose some of my inhibitions. I couldn't control what I was saying. I said things to friends I've known for 10 years that I have NEVER said, good + bad. Start with a lower dose. Make sure you don't use this drug for weight loss. It's tempting but it's disturbingly unhealthy and often times fat"

J8J (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "A lot of people seem to get on great. 3-4 hours of intended effects is all I get, during that time I feel more motivated, social and can process information better. After that time I am even worse than I was before starting the meds! Depressed, irritated, withdrawn, empty, angry, really bad. It's like the the 12 hours it's supposed it last, more than half of it is just a really long come down. I will be asking for instant release Dextroamphetamine next time, I assume and hope that they will be just like the initial period of this med which is perfect and helps with all my adhd symptoms."

Wagwan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2017