User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Depression 6 reviews 79 medications

6.8
Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 633 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall worked okay on me, but I wanted to try this to see if it worked better and without side effects. I'd heard good things, but for me it did not work out. My anxiety spiked. I noticed my heart rate felt too fast even though I was just sitting there and it was just a very uncomfortable anxious feeling. Even with the dosage high enough to give me this much anxiety, it didn't work very well! I would forget to do things all the time for example. And I see why they use this on binge eating disorder because it made me not want to eat even when I was hungry. At least it kept me awake and slightly more focused than I would be without the medication, but I'm going to explore other options."

ade987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Summary: effective treatment of ADHD, awful if you have anxiety or BED/anorexia This was the first drug I took for ADHD. It was extremely effective. I was able to get all my work done in my classes with time management I had never had before. However, the side effects can be extreme. It made me extremely self conscious. I would apologize after virtually every sentence in a conversation because I was so scared something I did/said would be perceived as rude. I became obsessed with my skin and weight, developed severe dermatillomania and I lost about 35 pounds Vyvanse crash is awful. In the middle of the day as it would wear off I would suddenly become extremely agitated, snapping at people over something as small as the sound of their voice"

Elizzy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Works like a charm!"

Hoodie (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Vyvanse 60mg pros: laser focused, VERY social, upbeat, very confident, if you have ADHD you know what I mean when I say 'the fear' disappears. The fear when you think about your to-do list and the task of organizing and prioritizing and asking yourself whether or not you can do something. The fear of anticipation of that goes away. It's euphoric. cons: VERY dry mouth, I had to get biotene, I am going to scale back to 30mg because 60mg really made me lose some of my inhibitions. I couldn't control what I was saying. I said things to friends I've known for 10 years that I have NEVER said, good + bad. Start with a lower dose. Make sure you don't use this drug for weight loss. It's tempting but it's disturbingly unhealthy and often times fat"

J8J (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "A lot of people seem to get on great. 3-4 hours of intended effects is all I get, during that time I feel more motivated, social and can process information better. After that time I am even worse than I was before starting the meds! Depressed, irritated, withdrawn, empty, angry, really bad. It's like the the 12 hours it's supposed it last, more than half of it is just a really long come down. I will be asking for instant release Dextroamphetamine next time, I assume and hope that they will be just like the initial period of this med which is perfect and helps with all my adhd symptoms."

Wagwan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "My son has ADHD, he was on Concerta which started out working well, but started not working this year. His Neurologist prescribed Vyvanse. He was only one the drug for one month, it was the worse experience every. Not only didn't he sleep, my son developed a Tic and depression. I do not recommend this drug for ADHD, it worsened my sons."

PatFromRI June 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have an appointment in a week to get ADHD and bipolar meds but I was given a sample of a 70mg vyvanse I had previously been trying to do the dishes for about two hours (procrastination) I could feel it kick in after 2 hours and I ended up cleaning every inch of the kitchen. Cleaned the walls cabinets and all the appliances. I was actually interested in cleaning and was able to keep cleaning for 10 hours without getting off track. The effects only lasted about 10 hours and I could tell when it was ending because my cravings for cigarettes started again. I only smoked about 2 cigarettes in that period. I binge eat if I don't smoke regularly so its great for quitting smoking along with focus for ADHD. Will be asking about this one."

Zclaywell (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Narcolepsy: "I'm doing well at my job and able to drive. 60mg. I sweat on occasion."

Anonymous June 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on Vyvanse for a year. I take 50mg now and I wouldn't say it's a miracle drug, but over the past year I have attended more classes and gotten more consistent grades in university. I definitely have to put in the effort to experience the benefits; it's not motivation/focus-in-a-pill for me! The side effects I've experienced are increased anxiety, dry mouth, increased perfectionism, irritability, and some insomnia. Its impact on my mood varies. At first, my appetite decreased and I had terrible afternoon crashes, but they have levelled out over time. Overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me. I haven't tried anything except for Wellbutrin, which I still take. Not sure how they interact."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Just recently diagnosed with ADHD and specifically asked to start out on vyvance at 30mg/day. I'm 23 years old and had been struggling with severe ADHD my whole life, finally decided to go get it checked and vyvance being my first medication taken for it- it's completely calmed me down as a person. I feel like I have such clear thoughts which made me feel incredible, I finally felt normal. Helped with my hot temper and impatience as well. First week has been successful."

All the way (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Caused my 10 yr old son to develop severe depression, and a facial motor tic which never went away. Now he takes medication for not only ADHD but also depression and tics. Worst drug experience ever!"

Buffalomom22 May 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "First off, would like to say that I have and always have had severe ADHD and have been on Adderal XR 30mg since it first came out 15 yrs ago at 30mg. Always had my psych trying to get me to try Vyvanse and turned it down until last week when I realized over the last 2 years my Adderall seemed not to be working and would wear off by 1pm every day and still scattered. Was highly apprehensive at first and started out at 60mg on Vyvanse to begin and likely will be at 70 next Dr visit. Vyvanse has been a true god send for my condition and a miracle drug 4 me. Can think clearly for first time in years and accomplish goals at work and home and much longer lasting- I highly recommend - downside is it takes about 2 hours to fully start working."

Squirrel77 May 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Good Drug for my condition- Drug resistant Depression . Dry mouth is about the only side effect. Hassle to get in KY"

Allrightfornow (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "My son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 7, we tried adderall for a while, the patch, but he didn't like them. Finally we found Vyvanse. He is 10 years old now prescribed two 10mg pills/day but he takes only takes one in the morning because he was having side effects (lip licking, finger playing). This pill has seriously changed our life's, if you are a parent wondering whether or not to use medication JUST TRY IT. We used to sit for hours after school trying to get home work done. His teacher would tell me he is not completing work and distracting other students. He was falling behind in school and now he is caught up and receiving awards."

Angela Lawrence (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I got diagnosed about a month ago with ADHD I also have GAD, depression and severe migraines. I was very disorganized, didn't finish tasks, depressed, super anxious, I would try to talk to someone and my mind was else where and had no idea what they were saying. I started vyvanse 30mg, it helped for about a week for all my symptoms even my migraines! I could sleep like a baby at night. After that it helped in the morning, in the afternoon I would feel depressed like I could cry at anything, the anxiety was still gone, but everything else came back including the daily headaches. My Dr switched me to 60mg I hope it lasts longer then the 30mg, so far so good it's only been 2 days. I'd recommend it."

First ADD medication (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on Vyvanse a few years and I remember the exact moment I realized it kicked in. Out of the blue I thought "oh my goodness" is this what normal feels like. My main reason for this post is in reading here I've noticed a couple of people have mentioned the expense. If you go to Vyvanse website you can get a savings card, the card brings the cost to $30:)"

Weimie (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I am on my 3rd week - first two at 20 mg and now upped to 40. Should be at 60 (max) after the next follow up with my doctor at the end of week 4. I'm 45 and have struggled since the age of 8 with weight and depression. I get by - it's like I'm a high functioning depressed person who works her ass off to try and be healthy and happy. I was tired and broken when my doctor suggested this drug. Her daughter has similar issues so obviously it's personal for her too to understand people with these issues. My experience has been great - I don't feel the urge to binge and my appetite is suppressed. I feel hungry when I should and don't overeat. I love the feeling of being alert. I work hard and these meds have helped me immensely."

SophieJ May 14, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking ADHD medications for about 10 years and vyvanse is by far my favorite. I take 50mg of vyvanse as needed. I always feel very productive when taking it and It really helps me focus and get things done without the procrastination. Although, it does what it is supposed to do I do have a few side effects that prevent me from taking it everyday. I have a history with anxiety/depression and this medicine brings back some of those symptoms. Also, I tend to be a perfectionist when I take the medicine. I catch myself taking longer to take exams and redoing my makeup or hair or brushing my teeth more than once simply because I feel like it isn't just right. Also I am more isolated and less social when I take the pill."

kinb May 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Tolerance builds slower than Adderall and other instant release stimulants, but still builds fast. Lasts a good 12-14 hours as well, just make sure you don't take more than you should because when your tolerance builds you're pretty much done with."

samsdb May 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on Vyvanse for 2 years. I started on 50mg. I was on that dose for about 6 months, tapered down to 30mg for a few months, and found a happy medium at 40mg. 50mg was too strong and 30mg was too weak. I have a pretty severe case of ADD. For an adult, I never thought ADD would be an issue. I finally saw my doctor who prescribed me Vyvanse. Vyvanse was the first pill I've ever taken for my ADD and it's seriously improved my life immensely. Biggest side effects for me are increased anxiety, OCD tendencies, insomnia, and frequent mood issues after taking it. The ultimate biggest con for me is price. My insurance pays very little. It's around $250 per month."

12ADDult12 May 1, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "My son is 14 and has always been super sensitive to these meds- he was diagnosed at 6 ADHD. We started with concerta- he lost 11 lbs in 5 weeks. We switched to a slow release methylphenidate. At Christmas, it was felt that maybe he needed something different- his last increase didn't seem to be helping. That's when we started vyvanse. I have seriously mixed feelings about this drug. There is some control of the hyperactivity component but he's grouchier, more argumentative and not really more productive. Is it age and adolescence?"

Salmon head (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "First i want to say that everyone is different and not everyone reacts the same to medication. I started with Concerta, it didn't work for me at all. I didn't feel like myself, it took over my personality and I started to have heavy anxiety, panic attacks, anti social and paranoia. Then I got Vyvance and its life changing, It doesn't feel like I'm on a prescription. It's more a tool that helps me get through everyday life. I'm much calmer, I can concentrate on one thing at the time. I get so much more done and I feel like I'm in peace with my mind. My patience has improved, I'm less impulsive and I can sit for a long time straight without feeling bubbly or restless. Side effect- Dry mouth, no appetite. But EAT and eat smart, it gets back."

26y/o woman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on vyvanse for about 2 days now and I can't believe the difference from the other two medications I've tried. (Adderall and Focalin) I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago, I was not diagnosed when I was younger, which would've have really explained a lot. First I tried adderall, it didn't do much but make me a bit irritable, and still not focusing was on 50mg a day 30mg in the morning and a 20mg in the afternoon, and I didn't notice a thing. Next was the generic of Focalin, which dild absolutely NOTHING! With vyvanse I feel like I can concentrate on one thing at a time, and not have the urge to start 10 other things. My doctor put me on 70 mg in the morning, it's a bit of a slow start, but once it doesn't its a very productive"

Delorian88 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I started what I thought was my weight loss journey at 404 pounds. That was not my biggest but my biggest since my last weight loss adventure. I started with phetermine, ($15 a month). I live in Ohio, so I could only be on it for 3 months as it is a state law that mandates use. I went down to 343. I was put on belviq for 2 months, $80 a month. I gained 10 pounds and was binge eating like crazy. I told my doctor about it and we figured out it was BED. So I was put on Vyvanse, $35 a month. I am 2 weeks in and I lost what I assume is some water weight, and I stopped binging, I've also gotten a lot of energy, and I focus real well now. I'm on 30mg. Hopefully when I go back in 2 weeks I'll be back down a few pounds."

The person (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "This medicine may help but if I missed a day, or tried to get off it completely, worst experience ever. It's basically pharmaceutical meth, try older meds like dexatrin or Ritalin. Vyvanse withdrawals are awful so once you're on it it's hard to get off"

Christicroo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017