User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Asperger Syndrome 3 reviews 4 medications

7.3
Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 528 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I was on this med for a little over a week. Right off it made me feel great everything was good. And I really liked it and I was happy I found something that worked. But after a week it started to make me really really hungry I could not get rid of the hunger. So I had to stop taking it. I have a hard time to find a med. that works. I had the genetic tests done and there is a lot of meds I can't take. So it is hard to find one that works. I have ADHD and there is not much meds I can take. Vyvanse was a question but it worked well just made me hungry. I wished it did not make me hungry. Now I hope my Doctor puts me on another ADHD med."

josie cat August 25, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I was diagnosed early '16 with BED. I have a history of dieting and regaining wt. Sadly, I had gained > 80 lbs the past 8 years. I tried Weight Watchers, but I couldn't control my eating after 3 attempts. I sought help from a psych for the first time, because I knew it had to caused by my emotions. I was prescribed 70 mg Vyvanse and had no problems from day 1. No problems falling asleep. The first 3 months it greatly reduced my appetite, so my weight loss was dramatic. I lost approx 47 lbs. For the past 3.5 months, I have lost another 31 lbs. It controls my impulses to eat when I'm not hungry. I didn't need to follow a special diet to lose any weight. I can easily control my portion size and no longer like soda or snacking much."

ashgato (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I'm an adult with ADD. Vyvanse changed my life. I'm on 70mg. My only problem is that I wish it would last about 3-4 hours longer."

DaveADD August 20, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I am an adult with ADD it has been a struggle my entire life. I am successful but as I moved up the ranks I have much more paper work and schedules to keep which is very hard for me. I have been on lots of different meds which all did not work or had bad side effects. I now take 50mg Vyanse every morning and it is great no side effects after the first 3 days I took it and it helps me stay on task with no evening crash."

Busy chemist August 14, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "It has been 4 months and I have to say it has made a hug difference for me!! I am focusing more, doing better at my current job. I also feel a certain confidence in my interactions and with interviewing. The thought/words come to me quicker."

PZ August 11, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have always had a problem with focus and attention and recently was told I have ADHD, I am currently on Vyvanse and when I started it, I found the first few days to be great. I almost felt superhuman with myself because I was able to start and finish things in one go and felt more active. I have had to have my dosage increased and I feel that as I take this medication, the effectiveness of it is dissipating and being replaced with a feeling of being "Frantic" and sightly anxious as well as it is affecting my mood and causing me to feel adgitated. I will be asking my doctor about trying something else as I feel that just increasing the dosage again would cause the feelings I am getting to becoming worse"

Anonymous August 9, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I started off on 20mg and it did not work very well. I was very angry and still very distracted. Although i felt like that was the first time I've ever been actually able to focus on daily activities. Things peaked my interest more resulting in more productive energy. Due to my short temper when I started, my doctor prescribed me to Ritalin and that was THEE WORST experience of my life. After that, we tried Strattera which was even worse. I'd get sick to my stomach and just feel so drugged up. After a few different dosages she prescribed 30mg of vyvanse. I've never felt so productive and aware. I havent ever realized before this, how many impulsive decisions I make without thinking about the effects. Vyvanse has made me more self aware."

DarciB August 2, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "After being on adderall 40mg a day, doc switched me to vyvanse 50mg and although adderall worked great I found it only working 4-5 hours for the IR and I was feeling nothing from taking the XR. I take vyvanse for adhd, depression, and chronic fatigue from RA and EBV, vyvanse is amazing, no crash, no high and low just an even fluctuation through an entire 12-14 hour day! I feel motivated enough to concur my day but I'm not crawling out of my skin ! Love it !"

Anonymous143143 July 27, 2016

For Asperger Syndrome: "Well I've been on many medications throughout my life for asperger syndrine and ADHD and this particular one has been the most effective, I'd say Vyvanse and Strattera are the best medications for treating ADHD symptoms. So give Vyvanse a shot! Be patient with it too. It takes time finding the right medication. I also have low dopamine and the main thing that Vyvanse does is it increases the amount of neurotransmitters in the brain such as dopamine and norepinephrine, so that is a huge plus for me."

Kars15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2016

josie cat July 17, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I started 3 months ago and I am now taking 20mg 2x daily because it doesn't last throughout the day in a single dose for me. At first I did have a decrease in appetite, but I think it is has stabilized now. I have noticed an increase in my ability to pay attention in lectures and while studying, but I am still afflicted by tons of distractions. I am now able to organize my schoolwork, print out lecture slides, get them organized in a binder, etc. which I always had problems with. It hasn't really helped with my impulsivity, though, and I find its effects on me vary from day to day. Sometimes when the drug wears off I find myself feeling quite down and restless. Overall, I would say it has been helpful, but I may try something else."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "It's definitely been a hell of a journey for me a whole year of school without good ADHD medication... But I have finally procured Vyvanse, I currently am taking a solid 20 mg, but so far for me personally it has been WAY more relaxing and effective than it's popularized counterpart Adderall. I actually take my Vyvanse with Adrafinil in the morning with water sometimes with or without a breakfast meal, honestly i have the same effectiveness regardless of what i eat but that's just me. I have noticed the same effects from different psychoactive stimulants like Adderall XR, Wellbutrin, Coffee, and Imipramine HCL. But so far Vyvanse has been more effective and honestly has a better duration than all of the stimulants I've ever taken..."

Melvin Arthur July 10, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I was always smart, but my career has accelerated rapidly thanks to this drug. I have the stamina and focus that I just would not have otherwise. I had trouble with concentration in college and it wasn't until I started taking vyvanse that I finally was able to complete tasks in a reasonable amount of time. My GPA went from a 3.3 to a 4.0. All the positives aside, I missed the pill today and basically ate the entire house. Withdrawal effects are Brutal."

Brookberry July 6, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Diagnosed ADHD about 15 years ago. I have taken Concerta, Riddlen, Adderall, and just about everything else there is. Doctor prescribed me Vyvanse about a week ago and i have fallen in love with it. 20mg last about 6 hours so i will be looking to up my dose but non of the side effect that i had on the other meds"

Kenneth2266 July 5, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "It worked wonderfully in my case! I've had learning difficulties and anorexia since the second grade. Forty or so years the disorder has been binge/purging with laxatives. Cutting myself when my weight ballooned. In January 2016 my primary care giver placed me on Vyvance. It was wonderful. I would wake up and food was not the first thing on my mind! I was able to focus on meal planning and my life felt like it had order! I could finish a task and not skip around. Unfortunately my doctor was more concerned about my weight than my being able to focus so she took me off the medicine that has help me more than anything I've ever taken!"

Kern Lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I have ADD and Binge Eating Disorder. This medication is okay, it is very similar to dexedrine or dextroamphetamine, however it is created so that it turns into this chemical when passing through your liver. This is fine, however it takes longer for the effect as well as it doesn't come on as strong. I prefer Desoxyn, Dexedrine, or Adderal. I have yet to try Evekeo."

Foxtrotz (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I've struggled with binge eating every since I was in middle school and I'm now 33. Nothing ever worked for me until Vyvanse. The biggest thing for me is that I no longer obsess over food. I would think about food all day long and all night until I managed to fall asleep. I never knew what hunger truly was because I always used food to control my emotions. Vyvanse controls the compulsions and obsessions I once had over food. An added plus is that I've lost 8 pounds in about 3 weeks since I've started taking it. I no longer binge and its the strangest yet most incredible feeling in the world. I would have rated this a 10 but I'm only 3 wks in so hopefully the effects are long lasting."

aurora45789 (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I'm diagnosed bipolar, depression and adhd. Vyvanse 20mg - Started: started three days ago - Purpose: to aid in energy and focus to help me breakthrough crippling apathy - Impact: So far Vyvanse has been very effective at helping me to return to more normal functioning. Its impact on my mood has been mixed, although I can now do things which is nice, underneath there is still a layer of boredom. - Side Effects: Mild and fleeting anxiety about three hours after taking and again as it wears off in the evening - Future: Very effective, I hope to increase my dose to 30mg and stay there. I think that would be the ideal dose for aiding me in breaking through my boredom."

becontent (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Diagnosed in late 80's as having Attention Disorder - however my grades were always pretty good that my mother and doctor did not put me on medication. As I began my career years ago, I noticed I had trouble staying on tasks and my impulsiveness at work was causing me problems. Worked with Behavior Therapist and that helped for many years. However, I still struggled to stay on deadline at work and that stress led to issues in my personal life. Started taking Vyvanse 30mgs 3 mos ago at the age of 36. For the first time in my adult-life I feel that I have my act together. Still follow what I learned in therapy over the years - which I hope will help me stay at a lower dose. I pay $250 a month before my deductible is reached then 80% after."

Mark in Jax (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Parents putting there kids on this stuff, yikes, man I just feel bad for your poor child. You realize you're giving them pure amphetamine right? I would avoid taking amphetamines until your brain has finished developing. Age 21-25. It's just absurd that something like Vyanse is prescribed to children. That said, for adults, this stuff is wondrous. Has changed my life. I've been taking 60mg Vyvanse for 3yrs straight with zero issues. Zero break. Zero tolerance. I'm 32. Male. I've literally tried it all (Dex, Desoxyn, Addie, Provigil) & nothing comes close Vyvanse! If you truly have ADHD as an adult, this drug will alter your life in such a positive way! Adults only though!!! Common parents, you're totally screwing your kids over."

HawkATG (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I just turned 30 and had been struggling with binging for a few years. Over the last year it got totally out of control. Food consumed my life and I was easily going on 3-4,000 calorie binges every night. It was just my routine. Therapy, meditation, exercise, nothing could break the cycle. I heard about Vyvanse and talked to my doctor. Because of how rapidly I was gaining weight and how out of control I was, he happily prescribed it. Honestly it was hard at first - it made me feel sedated and tired, and I had headaches and dry mouth. But the binging was gone from day ONE. My dosage is leveled out now and my body has adjusted and I have lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks. It has changed my life for the better! I have no emotional connection to food now."

always1986 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016

For Narcolepsy: "Helps me get things done and to focus. No adverse side affects."

Gypsy Dreamer (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I was recently diagnosed with ADHD and I was first prescribed Concerta. Since Concerta is part instant release and part extended release it starts working extremely quick, within 15-30 minutes, which was nice because there was no need to time things out when taking the medication. Unfortunately, Concerta starts working immediately and also stops working immediately which for me led a horrific crash. I was irritable and angry after the medication wore off. Due to this my doctor switched me to Vyvanse. Vyvanse is a prodrug which means the actual drug inside the capsule is not therapeutically helpful until it gets broken down in the body. This allows for a nice steady come up and no crash when the medication is eventually excreted."

tcuckow (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "My 13 yr old son was put on Vyvanse for his ADHD and started at 20mg, 30mg and for the last two weeks has been on 40mg. He's had the usual not much of an appetite, and of sleeping patterns. However I've noticed in the last two weeks a drastic behaviour change in him where he is extremely emotional, very anxious, feeling like everyone hates him, depressed and wanting to hurt himself. His pediatrician advised me to stop this medication . "

Concerned Mom 43 (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2016

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking vyvanse for at least three to four years now pretty consistently. I have never wrote a review before on this medication because I was always at limbo about how I felt on it. I will say that vyvanse gets the job done as far as helping focus and pay attention to tasks. I am a full time student and this medication has helped me jump from a 2.5 GPA to a 3.5 GPA. I have taken up to 60 mg but I went through time periods where I would withdrawal myself from it and start back up again at 30 mg. The 30mg is way more manageable than any other dose I think. Although this medication has positively changed my life, it has also created issues for me. I am very tired when I do not take my medicine. Even if I miss a day.."

Anonymous June 1, 2016