User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Depression
6.8

Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 7.8 688 reviews

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I am a 30 year old female, 177lbs, that is prescribed vyvanse for Binge Eating Disorder and ADHD. It did not help ADHD, so Dr kept upping the dosage stating that was the reason it wasn't helping. It did help BED. I experienced these side effects from the beginning (20 mg) with each increase they became more overwhelming. As I hit 50mg, I became so severely depressed I could not socialize, experienced depersonalization, detachment from myself, my life, my friends. No pleasure in anything. No sex drive. Almost lost my job. I began having reoccurring thoughts that I just wanted to die. It dawned on me that all of these symptoms appeared & worsened over the course of time I've been taking vyvanse. I stopped taking it 5 days ago and have been able to experience moments of joy, socialize and contribute to conversations without feeling as though I don't recognize myself. I've also been on antidepressants in the past and none of them worked either."

Anon female June 24, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "So I've only been diagnosed at the age of 33 with ADHD and suffered for so long and now taking this drug has completely changed everything. The positives I've found are focus, everything seems easier to handle and I now feel balanced. The negatives I've found are I don't eat much now and have lost weight really quickly. Over all I'm really happy"

Stu33 May 20, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "This medication is a life saver. I’ve been on many other ADHD medicine and they never lasted through the day. Vyvanse wears off at the perfect time for bedtime and helps me accomplish many things during the day without getting distracted. Vyvanse turned my life around and helped me keep a job and get through school with all good grades."

Rach (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Vyvanse has been a true answer to everything I have asked for !! I have been taking it for over 2 months at 60 mg. I can focus, finish projects and complete daily activities. I feel more comfortable in large crowds. I can't speak highly enough about this medication.."

Gracie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I was on Adderall for years until the highest dosage stopped working for me. When I switched to Vyvanse I wasn't sure what effects I should be looking for. Was it supposed to be like Adderall? No. Unlike Adderall, which gives you tunnel vision to complete one task at a time, Vyvanse allows you to focus on multiple tasks. You're not wired and cleaning out your closet 10 times a day, its more like you're normalized - the way that you should be. As far as appetite goes, it comes and it goes."

Adubs (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2018

For ADHD: "Got it for ADHD and autism. I also have depression and trouble staying awake at daytime. The medicine makes all my problems much better. Not perfect but much better. I'm on low dosage so far. Have tried concerta and intuiv before."

Dk (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "I can’t even begin to tell you how much better I’m feeling. I’d gone on a business trip to see a multi billion dollar corporation for 3 days. After a day and a half I had to tell them I was so ill that I needed to leave. By the next day, I couldn’t move to get out of bed. I’d never felt that bad before. That’s when I decided I had enough of feeling exhausted, tired and foggy all the time. I researched CFS medications and found this forum along with double blind studies. I started on 30 mg. Initially I felt shaky and my heart was pounding. I found that if I ate with the Vyvanse that didn't happen. I felt great and had energy all day long. I also have fibromyalgia and ehlers-Danlos and it’s helped my pain tremendously. I sleep great band cause of all the energy I burn. I haven’t lost any weight or my appetite. I am so grateful for this medication. 10 Stars!"

TR in Cali (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "The doctor had my son on Adderal and I did not like the fact that it was considered a class II narcotic. He had terrible side effects. So his doctor said they now have a new drug treatment such as Vyvanes. Noticed he was experiencing same side effects as when he was taking Aderral. This drug is the EXACT same thing as Adderal, just a different name. Same drug, New label and packaged differently is the only difference."

MiMi April 17, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "This works pretty well for me, definitely have to remember to eat/interact with others/ not fall down a rabbit hole of hyperfocus on something else."

emj (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I just increased to 20 mg daily, from 15 mg. This drug helps me to concentrate, focus better, observe when I become distracted, and have more energy. Some negatives I’ve experienced recently are difficulty getting to sleep and possible diarrhea. Overall, I think the efficacy of this drug is very good."

AZDesertgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "My son has ADD and we thought this would be the answer to his problems. While it did help his concentration in school, he ended up with terrible depression and was Baker Acted (involuntary institutionalization and examination) because of suicidal thoughts twice. We figured out what it was and got him off of it. He has been fine since."

Janny3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Focus was good but felt like a zombie or spaced out. I started binge eating like crazy! Gained 12lbs in 2 weeks!! Severe anxiety and panic attacks. Horrible chest pain, wheezing, and coughing. Sweating, hot, skin felt like it was crawling, cold chills, and severe depression!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have been on several amphetamine stimulant medications before and overall Vyvanse if my favorite by far. I like the fact it lasts all day so I only have to pop one a day. It had worked wonders in my life and had turned it around for the better"

Cdo (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "FACTS ABOUT ME/ MY VYVANSE HISTORY: *22-years-old *Female *ADD and Dyslexic *Started on Vyvance in the 4th grade LONG TERM EFFECTS: *Scalp Picking (my head is covered with scabs, I pick them) *Severe Anxiety *No Self-Esteem (I hate myself) *I feel Angry and Aggressive most of the day *I'm always worried about something (never relaxed...ever) I SEEM FINE, but I'm dying on the inside: Graduating from State University with Degree in MATH Current GPA: 3.75 I have a job lined up after college in Risk Management I WOULD GIVE UP EVERYTHING I HAVE NOW IF IT MEANT THAT I DID NOT EVER HAVE TO TAKE VYVANSE!"

Rachel (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Helped with my concentration issues at work. Helped me complete one project before diving into other projects. Overall very happy with medication."

Jezebel (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for : "I have been suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia for many years. I also have some attention deficit problems and sleep problems. My pain level ranged from 5 to 8 to 10 and can be very debilitating. I began Vyvanse 10 and 20 mg. Since I began Vyvanse, I almost could go without pain medicine. I am much able to complete tasks, I have energy, and no pain. I also sleep much more. If I take the 20mg pills every day, I get anxious and a little too energetic. So, I take days off the medication. The only draw back is that you get really sleepy when you stop taking the medication. So it's tricky."

Alex (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "After months of going back and forth between Adderall XR 30mg (x2/day) and Vyvanse 70mg (once daily). I realized that Vyvanse works the best for me. It keeps me at the perfect, consistent level all day. I'm focused, complete multiple tasks at a time, without my anxiety going through the roof."

Mandy (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking vyvanse around 4th grade and I noticed that it helped a lot but I couldn't eat and when I would come home I wouldn't have the energy to do anything but sleep."

Alex (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Has kept me balanced, focused and energized with no noticeable decrease in efficacy at 40mg every day for over four years. I have skipped a day occasionally, and took a week off to test myself for lethargy or depressed feelings, and felt very little change in mood."

Franswami (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on it for over 5 years now (started in high school, now in college). It was a little rough at first, but once my weight stabilized I noticed no issues. NEVER. EVER. TAKE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH! I learned the hard way early on."

mack (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "For 23 yrs, I tried everything to fix my severe BED/bulimia. Diets, OA, therapy, CBT, DBT, Meds, hospitals. Nothing helped. Heard about this and was VERY skeptical but after years trying to fix it on my own, actively suicidal and daily ED for hours, so try this, or kill myself. I started 30mg and was stunned! The obsession with food was lifted on day 1. I had some side effects but tapered off. I lost weight; however, that is secondary to the fact that I don’t hate myself or want to die anymore. I am now up to 60mg and if the meds become ineffective, my doc and I will discuss then. I’m hoping to build better habits/coping so in 12-18 mths, I may not need them anymore. This isn't for weight loss. It’s to be free from the obsession with food and subsequent behaviours that controlled my life. Yes the meds are expensive; however, still less than the $$ I was spending monthly on binges. I am free (future obviously undetermined) and couldn’t be happier about it."

LDB1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have taken Adderall since I was 12 and recently changed to vyvanse about 2 years ago (I am 38years old). It is a miracle! I only take one 70mg capsule orally in the morning time. My morning starts early with three children to daycare and bus then work. And I work weekends as well. I’m able to have my fog brain for ten - twenty mins and then I can step by step get each task thru the day complete and then I am home ready for bed. I have clear thoughts and I don’t stop in the middle of five chores or jobs and get all frustrated. All positive, but I do not have insurance and my thirty qty of 70mg cost $223 with the vyvanse discount card that basically takes off $90. It is $312ish without. When I had insurance my script was was $60. I also get a lot of headaches. Adderall was just not working anymore and that was even sticking concerta in for a couple months. Thank you Vyvanse and Shire manufacturer, generic, 2023."

Shayray (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I’ve been taking Vyvanse for three years, and I’m 18. The medication has been incredibly consistent for well over a year at 60 mg. Personally, it doesn’t affect my creativity or mood, but it did during the first couple of months while taking it. However, I started a low dose of Zoloft, and that worked brilliantly alongside Vyvanse until I faltered off a while later, and I don’t need it anymore. I’ve adopted a much more organized and confident version of myself, thanks to the drug. I have no problems sleeping."

honkerley January 9, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I’ve been taking this med since it first came out. I believe it was 2008. But I was diagnosed when I was like 6. Nothing works, Adderall, ritalin, nothing. Either I’m a waking zombie or wired off the walls. No happy medium. Then when I was in high school I tried again, this time with vyvanse. Started at 30s, then 50s, then 60s, and finally 80s. 30- worked well, soon to grow a tolerance and stopped working after a month. 50- same thing, lasted a little longer this time, dry mouth occasionally. About 3 months 60- awesome. My happy medium. Dry mouth of course, drink a lot of water. Carry gum lol, I never lost sleep (results may vary) 80- I was a zombie. Depressed. Not depressed. I didn’t know. Everything was a dream. No one needs this."

25 yr old. (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Vyvanse when I first started was great until the 4th week into taking the medication. I am in the marching band, and during one of the performances, I noticed that I started having trouble breathing. I had previous reactions similar to this when taking other medications such as adderal. After the performance I went to tell my coach that something was really wrong. I thought I was going crazy, turns out I had a bad reaction to the medication and It caused me to have a really bad anxiety attack to the point in which I was screaming, and accidentally punched my coach. This medication is not for everyone."

Freaked out teen (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2017