User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Lisdexamfetamine has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 884 ratings on Drugs.com. 66% of those users who reviewed Lisdexamfetamine reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

ADHD
10.0
Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 7.4 884 reviews

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Grateful April 7, 2021

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I have seen mental health experts on and off for over 50 yrs. Never diagnosed other than it's just the way I am and your getting by. I was alwAys a scatterbrain and always at the bottom of my class. I started taking Vyvanse through my own research and had a doctor put me on it. It's like somebody turned on a light switch. No more brain fog. No more scatterbrain. I found my self confidence. Wish I found this decades ago but so grateful I'm on it now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

sophia · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2021

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “Y'all I'm not going to lie it works!! But if you take it in the evening because you forgot to in the morning, and you may or may not have been doing any of your homework and that particular day you wanted to be the best you wanted to be and focus on your work (you know?) But for real if you take vyvanse please do not take it with an aspirin. I took an aspirin 30 minutes after the vyvanse because my head was hurting. I ended up being up all night writing what IDK (as I can't even read it) But Idon know that I didn't get any of the work done that I had intended to do. Instead I leterally ended up sitting on the flood writing what seems to be questions about verything andI'm literally sitting here typing now with my head hurting and not being able to stand looking at my screen!! I'd like to know if it was the aspirin. But y'all please be mindful!”

DeeDee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 13, 2021

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “Vyvanse was a miracle drug for me for about 6 months but the appetite suppression has mostly worn off and I'm back to bingeing and obsessive thoughts about weight and food, esp because after losing 50lbs, I'm so worried I'm going to gain it back. My doctor didn't tell me at the start that the appetite suppression doesn't last. I wish I could get back that feeling I had where I wasn't thinking about food all the time and I felt NORMAL. Doctor said I can increase my dose (I'm at 40mg) but what happens when I get to the max dosage and my body gets used to that??”

Jared · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 12, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I have ADHD, Bipolar Depression, Opioid Side Effects. First do not pay attention to negative reviews about Vyvanse on here. I will tell you now that I would not be able to function without Vyvanse 70 mg QAM being on board. It gives me smooth sustained focus, a mental state of peace, relief from depression, potentiation of opioid narcotics (thus needing less opioids overall), drive, ability to sit still, work a great job, having meaningful conversations, have good relationships, take part in everyday life, workout and even sleep well. It does take a while to kick in so I wake up in the morning like 2 hours before I need to then take the med and go back to sleep. When I wake up the drug is active and working. With Vyvanse I get 10-14 hours of relief and at the end of the day there is a gentle come down that doesn’t leave me an anxious wreck. In fact Vyvanse helps with anxiety profoundly, far better than benzodiazepines which sounds crazy but many people report the same thing.”

WI_RN December 14, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I'm in my 40s and have known I had ADHD for a long time but never had the desire to go on medication for it. Now with a good job, a new house, and the desire to complete an advanced degree, I felt it was finally time to have a go. My psychiatrist was more than happy to oblige and started me on 20mg. Within the first few hours, I had done the dishes, paid some (late) bills, took the dog for a nice long walk, and generally just felt calmer than I have in a long time. I am not taking this medication for weight loss, but my impulse control around food was also noticeably improved. I actually thought about what I was eating and even logged it into my WW app without a second thought. I was worried that my heart was going to be pounding out of my chest and I was going to feel like I had drank 10 cups of coffee, but it wasn't that feeling at all. I just felt focused and calm, just like I hoped.”

Bianca August 30, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “At first while taking this medication, the side effects I experienced included increases in heart rate (which made me feel a bit lightheaded and weak), stomach discomforts (making me less hungry throughout my day). These are things you will experience with anxiety which is something I dealt with growing up, and wasn't much of a concern for me while on the medication, but something to note for people looking to use Vyvanse for the first time. You will notice an increase of motivation!! Taking this medication was more helpful then my antidepressants were in the sense that it made me feel so much more motivated to do everyday activities. If you're concerned about effects this medication will have on your weight, know that you will have a loss in appetite and experience weightloss. Before taking Vyvanse, my weight was at 125lbs. After few months, I dropped to 110lbs. When I took a break from using this medication for focus and motivation, my weight went back to 123lbs. Thanks for reading!”

Randomperson · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I take Vyvanse for ADHD AND Binge Eating Disorder. I began taking 50 mg Vyvanse August 2016, and currently take the same amount. Over a span of about 2 years I lost 70 pounds and got into the best shape of my life. I had great eating habits. I was sociable and doing great. I got everything done in a timely manner. All the sudden, it stopped working 2.5 years after I started taking it. I gained over 30 lbs in about 3.5 months. All my hard work just disappeared. I don’t know what happened, but it is devastating: I am so tired all the time, have no drive to do anything, binge eat everyday, I’m angry and irritable. It’s been like this for months. I’m a shell of myself. I suggest it for short term use but not long term. If anyone else experienced this I’d love to hear about it.”

Lili February 4, 2021

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “I recently stopped Adderal after attempting to quit for years. So I was skeptical about trying this.. because I did not want to be disappointed. I read through the reviews & was desperate for anything. I got prescribed 60mg bc that’s the dosage of adderal I took before. A week later, & I want to cry with joy. I feel NORMAL. I’m hungry when I should be & not when I shouldn’t. I don’t care for sweets AT ALL. I don’t feel anxiety or depressed anymore. I feel genuinely happy & focus on what’s really important, etc. I feel in control. My view on my body and what it does for me has completely changed (hence the ‘I feel pretty’ movie). I know everyone reacts differently to medications, but this saved my life. I hope it continues, because I have never felt so much gratitude, peace, happiness and in control as I do now. I hope everyone who is struggling out there can read this and know you are not alone... and that there is indeed hope.”

Cybrbii December 3, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “After taking adderall (which got rid of my appetite), I developed an awful binge/restrict eating cycle and had to stop taking it, but the BED stayed. I gained 100lb in a year and finally decided to try Vyvanse to curb the habit & I don’t think I’ll ever look back. I don’t get the jitters, nausea, and crashes that I did before, so don’t necessarily let negative experiences with stimulants deter you. I can still eat, but I can’t binge at ALL. Even if I am very stressed/bored and I emotionally feel like I want a binge, it’s almost like Vyvanse is blocking my consciousness from entering that state. With active habits and healthy eating, I have lost all that weight in just under half a year. I feel like I finally have control over my mind and my body, and nothing has felt so liberating! Note: if you have high BP or are very prone to anxiety, this may not be your fav. I am very anxious and find that at times it exacerbates my anxiety, but I stay at a low dose (20 mg) to mitigate that.”

Happgolucky · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “I was 306lb in Aug. 2019 I started taking vyvanse to treat my ADD and binge eating....I had to start low 10mg. And increase every 2 weeks by 10mg, and now on 70 mg. This is a miracle drug. I can focus...have energy and completely have increased my energy. I usually eat just fruits and veggies small portions. Instantly just wanted healthy foods. This is not a weight loss pill and should only be used if you indeed have ADD or ADHD with BED. But for me I now way 220lb...so in about 6 and half months I'm 85lbs down! Its actually quite remarkable!”

Mamabear · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I’ve been on vyvanse for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. I was on adderall on and off for about 8 years and I hated taking it. It helped immensely with my ADHD, but not without side effects. I also had to take about 3 increasing doses a day to keep the effect going. I switched to 70 mg of Vyvanse once a day and it lasts all day long. The side effects are very minimal and it doesn’t affect my appetite or social skills. There is no high and no crash. Adderall made me very aware that I was on medication, whereas Vyvanse is much less intense and has a very smooth feeling.”

Tommy June 10, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I've had issues trying to retain information and understanding test questions and there were days where I felt very tired and depressed to were I couldn't wake up though after forcing myself to get out of bed. I would notice my depression would get worse which made my attention span shorter but after several years I decided to enter nursing school and right off the bat my fundamentals teacher told me that I was struggling to pay attention and that I seemed tired and so she advised me to go see a different psychiatrist. I did take her advice and I went to a different psychiatrist and he believed I had borderline ADD non-hyperactive which he prescribed me Vyvanse and after 3 months of adjusting I experienced the willingness to participate in more conversations and wanting to engage in certain school activities which made me more happy and energized. ”

Dee dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “Taking Vyvanse for Binge Eating Disorder. Struggled my entire life with food. Weight has gone up and down countless times depending on if I'm in my healthy mode or my bingeing mode. Started Vyvanse 6 months ago and didn't think it worked at first, so stopped. Tried it again and this time it clicked. I can feel when my body is satiated AND am able to stop eating. I can go an entire day and not think about food, which is a miracle. I think this must be how it feels for 'normal' people.”

Mimi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 13, 2021

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I struggled with Manic Depression, PTSD, minor bipolar, and ADHD since I was around 6yro. Long story short, I had drug addict parents , kidnapped and raped as a 11yro for 3yrs, pregnant at 16 lived with friends of family till 18 graduated at 20yr. I have 4 wonderful kids but my life is a constant struggle of mood swings, flash backs etc... My doctor gave me the 40mg to start and besides a few minor side effects (higher anxiety on and off for the 1st week, lessened appetite) I have not felt this happy since my kids births. My older kids have noticed my home is cleaner, up earlier in the mornings, I can stay on one train of thought before moving on to another, and my younger kids are happy that their mother can play with them without running off to the bathroom after 10min because I couldn't stop crying. No medication can change you 100% of the time, I still have some off days but far and very few between.”

Kayla April 10, 2019

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “VYVANSE HAS BEEN A GREAT FOR A NEAR LIFE LONG BINGE EATER . I had suffered from undiagnosed binge eating disorder (BED) as well as PTSD (stemming from sexual abuse) since I was a child. My psychiatrist suggested Vyvanse 40mg for the binge eating (also for mild adult ADHD). I figured that because this is a stimulant, I would have panic attacks; WRONG. I have energy and the desire to accomplish goals again. I no longer obsess over food. I no longer feel addicted to sweets/carbs/horrible foods I used to binge on. I no longer binge eat in general, which allows me to be in a calorie deficit and therefore LOSE WEIGHT. I have been taking this medication since 3/20 and am down 15lbs today on 4/10. TO NO LONGER BE A PRISONER TO FOOD IS AN AMAZING, FREEING FEELING. Side effects: FREEZING COLD HANDS. :) Wishing you all peace, wellness, and a good experience with Vyvanse like I have had so far.”

ABBB · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2019

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “Overall, I have only been on Vyvanse for about a month now but it is something sent from the heavens. Within the past year, I had gained close to 80 pounds with my diagnosed BED, and after starting Vyvanse, everything has changed. Not only am I not eating NEARLY as much as I use to, but I also don't snack, and I also eat small portions, I am so much happier, and the weight is just shedding off. I cannot stress enough that if you suffer from Binge Eating Disorder, whether it is severe or not, Vyvanse can definitely turn you in the right direction, and even prevent your BED from getting any worse than what it already is. 100% reccomend this!”

DeeMama · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “I take Vyvanse for ADHD and Binge Eating Disorder. I am a recovered drug/alcohol addict (3.5 years) and that ”urge” moved to food. I am SO happy with Vyvanse, and think I’m finally ready to get off my Suboxone soon. This is the closest to “normal” I have ever felt.”

Gina · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2019

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “I have suffered with BED as long as I can remember. At 43 years old, I had no faith what so ever that Vyvanse could help me. On day 1 my obsession with food just stopped! Food was ALWAYS on my mind. I ate until I couldn't breathe, and as I was eating, I was thinking about what I would eat next. I was amazed that this medication was able to change the thoughts in my head! I have only been using it for a little over a month, but so far I have not noticed any side effects and I feel like I have my life back.”

Jayat August 31, 2019

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I'm going to start with the negatives then positives in regards to vyvanse. When i first started taking this medication the side effects were less than desirable! Anxiety, agitation, palpitations, unable to socialize all horrible for day to day living. BUT - as my doctor told me - you have to find the dose thats right for you and you have to let your body adjust to the medication. Well holy moly! Once you find the right dose that works for you, it's like a whole new world! Motivation, sense of wellbeing, able to focus on day to day tasks. This has been an absolute MIRACLE and has changed my life ten fold. I encourage anyone who starts taking vyvanse to give it a fair chance, let your body adjust, and try to find what dose works best for you. Because when you do find it, you'll be functioning on a whole new level! Cheers”

Skribble February 12, 2010

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “As a 44 year old male, who recently went for treatment of this problem. I went for almost 43 with always knowing that something was missing. Being a over achiever I made every attempt to complete everything but never really completed anything. This drug has changed that. It allows me to focus on the task that I have in front of me and complete it. Which has been a breath of fresh air for my job, my marriage and my kids.”

It changed my life · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 6, 2019

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I have anxiety, depression, OCD, and PTSD. Vyvanse took care of my Depression, anxiety, and PTSD. My straight D GPA skyrocketed to a straight 99% in every single class. I’m in the masters program now and my life has flipped a 180. I’m a functional, HAPPY adult”

Roscoe February 1, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “My (unprofessional) advice is to take positive reviews from people who have taken this drug for a short time with a very large grain of salt. Vyvanse is basically a legal amphetamine and the body takes time to react to it and eventually builds tolerance to it. The "Vyvyanse Crash" is real, in my experience, as many others have observed. This often leads to patients continually upping their dosages. As for ADD and ADHD, it is interesting that both have become epidemics in the U.S., but not in Europe. I believe this is because in the US of the massive profitability pharmaceutical experience in developing new drugs for every affliction. That is just my opinion. Regular exercise and diet are natural ways to address depression, ADD, ADHD and other conditions. Common sense, but the pharma companies can't profit from it. Everyone's physiology is different, so give Vyvance a try. I hope it helps you.”

JJ November 26, 2019

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “Since I can remember, I have always had trouble concentrating or keeping a straight thought in my head. Grades were always so-so cause you could forget trying to sit down and read a book or study. Out like a light, zzzzzz. Fast forward to turning 40 and I start traveling for work. By 2PM everyday, it's like someone pulled the plug on me and I'm running in quicksand. Literally feels like Vaseline over your eyes. Finally went to the Dr and said something has to give. He started me on 30MG. It was a complete gamechanger. Felt like I had a turbo installed. Brain worked like never before. Computer work, no problem. Read a book all day. Best part, it didn't interrupt my sleep. We tried various other ADHD medicine and I got the anxiety and buzzing effects from Ritaline and Adderall. This was a life changer for me.”

Cangirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “This drug ruins lives. It causes moodiness, angry outbursts, and paranoia. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the beast, the individuals don't see themselves as moody, unhappy, or angry. Despite the claims, it is not non-addictive and it does cause addiction in some individuals. I've seen it in kids and adults. If you are using it for your kids, I don't judge you (because medication can be life changing and necessary for functioning), just monitor emotional/social side effects. I hope it works well for some people, but I've seen it cause so much turmoil.”

Olemissrbs · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “My son who is nine was just started on Vyvanse for ADD. He was not hyperactive just couldn't focus. We struggled with from preschool to third grade. Held him back in first that helped a little. Then third grade about killed him. Medications were my last resort. Scared me to death to put him on medicines, 100% difference. Teacher said it was like a fog lifted. I'm like wow. Decreased appetite only side affect. But not bad.”

AFinMA January 17, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: “I'm in my early 50s & struggled with BE for years. During a divorce, I gained 50 lbs in a year. I was prescribed a dose of 20 mg Vyvanse which didn't help much, then 30 mg, ultimately 50mg. If I took it too early, it wore off. I'd crash or cravings came roaring back at night (my worst time). Take it too late, I'm wired and unable to sleep. It is trial and error to find the right dose AND right timing. For me, it's 9-10 AM at 40 mg. I don't take it every day. I go without it for weeks, and if I have a binge cycle - not one bad day, but a few in a row - I go back on for a few days until I get my eating under control. Side effects - moving my tongue at higher doses. I drink a lot of water, and it does "stimulate" my GI tract. My provider said drinking OJ or grapefruit juice will flush from your system more quickly if you can't sleep. It's a tool to help manage BE, but you still need to do the behavioral modifications. I hope this is helpful.”

Lucy · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 22, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “I started taking Vyvanse sophomore year of high school and my grades went up and I actually became a good student. But I went from 142 lbs to 117 lbs. Not a good medicine if you are not okay with losing weight.”

JustSomeGuyInLife March 5, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: “A total life changer! I have become much happier and much more motivated in life. I have always had trouble paying attention, would drift off, daydream, get stuck in my head. My grades in high school weren't bad, but they definitely could have been better if I didn't procrastinate and be lazy all of the time and keep putting things off. Because of this, I suffered depression and lack of self esteem because I thought others were better or smarter than me. That being said, there is anxiety when the drug wears off and unfortunately, the effects of the drug itself don't last long for me, I'd say about 4 hours max. So I always have my days planned out in order to maximize my productivity. But I am in a much better place in my life now. 21 years old in CC planning to transfer soon and much more motivated and driven. One more thing. This medication is not for everyone. You may not have the experience with it that I or others did. Find which med works for you.”