User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Depression
7.3

Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 7.8 698 reviews

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I have been on Vyvanse for a year now and I have slowly lost 60 pounds simply by being able to focus on the things I need to do in my life and not about food ever. So I just eat now for fuel, the way it should be! I noticed a huge difference when I don't take it I feel that hunger feeling just like before. I still struggle at night so it is not going to fix everything but it has been a miracle for me. I have struggled since I was 8 years old and now I'm 37. I plan on staying on Vyvanse until I can get myself under control. I still need to lose about 70 more pounds to be at a healthy weight for my height. In the meantime I am going to school for psychology with a concentration in addictions and hopes to figure out how to control my behavior."

Huge Help FOR BINGE EATING (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "First day or so was great. I was focused great had heaps of energy felt good. Then came the next few days loss of appetite, pains in my body and chest, extreme anxiety and outrageous mood swings. It was so bad don’t think I’ll take it any time soon. Not a medication for me"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I took adderall IR and adderall XR for several years. I then switched to Vyvanse. It made me feel as if I was a zombie. I would be depressed and find myself staring into space. I also feel I need to address a comment by Mimi that stated vyvanse and adderall are very similar. As a pharmacologist I can tell you they are different, albeit similar, medications. The chemical structure is different, the pharmacology is different and on and on. So they are not bioequivalent."

Szeb (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "It worked the first day at 20 mg from then on it really did not have any effect. I went from 20mg to 30mg and then to 40mg and it still really had not effect. I took a short acting Ritalin at 10mg and it didn’t work. Are they different medications?"

Jack September 11, 2018

For Depression: "I have been diagnosed with bipolar severe depression/Anxiety disorder And Despite being on Abilify, Prozac and Xanax. I have spent most of my days in bed; No energy what-so-ever. I have also put on 60 pounds. I asked my Psych if there was a way to break this cycle. He prescribed Vyvanse. I started to notice a difference on 30 mg and then he upped to me 50 mg. I have to say that this medication has really given me this new look out on life. I have more energy now and has given me the ability/ confidence to do things like errands, cooking for my family, interacting with people where as my anxiety prevented me from doing that. I am hoping to return to work one day after being away for 10 years. Its an amazing medication and I am thankful for my psychiatrist. Vyvanse truly does make a difference."

Luvlytrinity (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 27, 2018

For ADHD: "It will put you into an extreme state of focus for around 10-14 hours. You’ll be consumed by whatever you’re doing. Your appetite will be close to non-existent. Here is what else you can expect. A complete silencing of your mind’s ’racecar track’ of a thought pattern, or our non-stop ’noise’, as I like to refer to it. Due to this calming of your mind you will feel more at peace, and in my experience at least, become a more friendly, less irritable, anxious and depressed person. Not only will you experience calmness of the mind, but of the body as well. When I’m not medicated I will fidget with any and everything, flick my fingers and toes together, bite my nails, shift, and feel very restless. Yet when I'm medicated. I can remain still for hours at a time. So if you have been dealing with the issues I talked about above, seek treatment if it’s affecting your life too negatively. People who don’t, tend to have a less aggressive form."

Jack August 20, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Insane. I get so much done. My days used to be disorganized and unproductive. Now I literally run laps around everything. This is amazing. "

Tanton (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "I am on 30 mg /day and from day 1 I had lessened urges to binge and even lost my appetite which was amazing. Unfortunately at almost 3 months in, I am having more urges to binge again. I’ve noticed a few side effects. First, ever since I started this medication I haven’t climaxed in bed. Used to almost always. Second, increased acne and tremendous amount of anxiety and more hyper. The anxiety has caused me to pick at my skin because I now have acne and I pick constantly. I should probably get off of this medication but I am terrified I will binge more again and gain more weight back. My PCP said this med is the only one he knows of that truly works for binge eating disorder (BED) but it is causing me problems. I only recommend this medication if those prescribed are smart enough to see the negative side effects and weigh if worth it. Had I given my review a week after starting this medication I couldn’t say enough good things but now feel different"

NGal (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I am 46 yrs old, and was officially diagnosed with ADD last year. My doctor put me on Adderal. It worked wonders, as long as I remembered to take my second pill. Since my insurance did not cover the extended release, I was put on Vyvanse 54 mg I think. My focus is longer acting which increases my functionality at work, however the side effects have been unfavorable for me. I have headaches, diarrhea at least 2 times a day, nausea, extremely irritable, extreme dry mouth, gained 7 pounds this month, more depressed, and halfway through the day I get very tired and I feel like I am waiting for the second wave of medication to hit. My follow up with my doctor is tomorrow and I am going to request to go back to Adderal. I just think over all I was a more pleasant and functional person. I do not want to try yet another ADD med because I am scared of more side effects and I had minimal side effects on Adderal. I am glad that Vyvanse helps some people... but it doesn’t work for everyone."

Ping Pong Ball Brain (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I'm on 20mg Vyvanse XR 1 daily in the AM. Within the first few days it was life changing. But that only lasted about a week before it stopped. Upped to 40mg & the process started over again. Now I’m on 60mg and the same but better. My body has adjusted to the stimulant affects but concentration & focus has improved but the issue is it works for a limited amount of time. Vyvanse is a pro drug it takes anywhere from 1-2 hours to kick in. Once mine kicks in I’m locked in for a solid 4 hours & then it starts to evaporate quickly. Vyvanse is a great medicine & it has helped me immensely but I don’t think it’s powerful enough to mask the symptoms I deal with on a daily basis. I gave it a 9 because the potential it has is. The downside is you’re not hungry at all. You have to force yourself to eat. I’ve been on this medication for 3 months. When I started taking it I was 200lbs. I’m currently 170lbs. I recommend to eat something in that 1-2 hour window you have before the meds kick in"

Manny July 21, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I am a 30 year old female, 177lbs, that is prescribed vyvanse for Binge Eating Disorder and ADHD. It did not help ADHD, so Dr kept upping the dosage stating that was the reason it wasn't helping. It did help BED. I experienced these side effects from the beginning (20 mg) with each increase they became more overwhelming. As I hit 50mg, I became so severely depressed I could not socialize, experienced depersonalization, detachment from myself, my life, my friends. No pleasure in anything. No sex drive. Almost lost my job. I began having reoccurring thoughts that I just wanted to die. It dawned on me that all of these symptoms appeared & worsened over the course of time I've been taking vyvanse. I stopped taking it 5 days ago and have been able to experience moments of joy, socialize and contribute to conversations without feeling as though I don't recognize myself. I've also been on antidepressants in the past and none of them worked either."

Anon female June 24, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "So I've only been diagnosed at the age of 33 with ADHD and suffered for so long and now taking this drug has completely changed everything. The positives I've found are focus, everything seems easier to handle and I now feel balanced. The negatives I've found are I don't eat much now and have lost weight really quickly. Over all I'm really happy"

Stu33 May 20, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "This medication is a life saver. I’ve been on many other ADHD medicine and they never lasted through the day. Vyvanse wears off at the perfect time for bedtime and helps me accomplish many things during the day without getting distracted. Vyvanse turned my life around and helped me keep a job and get through school with all good grades."

Rach (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Vyvanse has been a true answer to everything I have asked for !! I have been taking it for over 2 months at 60 mg. I can focus, finish projects and complete daily activities. I feel more comfortable in large crowds. I can't speak highly enough about this medication.."

Gracie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I was on Adderall for years until the highest dosage stopped working for me. When I switched to Vyvanse I wasn't sure what effects I should be looking for. Was it supposed to be like Adderall? No. Unlike Adderall, which gives you tunnel vision to complete one task at a time, Vyvanse allows you to focus on multiple tasks. You're not wired and cleaning out your closet 10 times a day, its more like you're normalized - the way that you should be. As far as appetite goes, it comes and it goes."

Adubs (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2018

For ADHD: "Got it for ADHD and autism. I also have depression and trouble staying awake at daytime. The medicine makes all my problems much better. Not perfect but much better. I'm on low dosage so far. Have tried concerta and intuiv before."

Dk (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "I can’t even begin to tell you how much better I’m feeling. I’d gone on a business trip to see a multi billion dollar corporation for 3 days. After a day and a half I had to tell them I was so ill that I needed to leave. By the next day, I couldn’t move to get out of bed. I’d never felt that bad before. That’s when I decided I had enough of feeling exhausted, tired and foggy all the time. I researched CFS medications and found this forum along with double blind studies. I started on 30 mg. Initially I felt shaky and my heart was pounding. I found that if I ate with the Vyvanse that didn't happen. I felt great and had energy all day long. I also have fibromyalgia and ehlers-Danlos and it’s helped my pain tremendously. I sleep great band cause of all the energy I burn. I haven’t lost any weight or my appetite. I am so grateful for this medication. 10 Stars!"

TR in Cali (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "The doctor had my son on Adderal and I did not like the fact that it was considered a class II narcotic. He had terrible side effects. So his doctor said they now have a new drug treatment such as Vyvanes. Noticed he was experiencing same side effects as when he was taking Aderral. This drug is the very similar to Adderal. So has very similar properties and side effects"

MiMi April 17, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "This works pretty well for me, definitely have to remember to eat/interact with others/ not fall down a rabbit hole of hyperfocus on something else."

emj (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I just increased to 20 mg daily, from 15 mg. This drug helps me to concentrate, focus better, observe when I become distracted, and have more energy. Some negatives I’ve experienced recently are difficulty getting to sleep and possible diarrhea. Overall, I think the efficacy of this drug is very good."

AZDesertgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "My son has ADD and we thought this would be the answer to his problems. While it did help his concentration in school, he ended up with terrible depression and was Baker Acted (involuntary institutionalization and examination) because of suicidal thoughts twice. We figured out what it was and got him off of it. He has been fine since."

Janny3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Focus was good but felt like a zombie or spaced out. I started binge eating like crazy! Gained 12lbs in 2 weeks!! Severe anxiety and panic attacks. Horrible chest pain, wheezing, and coughing. Sweating, hot, skin felt like it was crawling, cold chills, and severe depression!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have been on several amphetamine stimulant medications before and overall Vyvanse if my favorite by far. I like the fact it lasts all day so I only have to pop one a day. It had worked wonders in my life and had turned it around for the better"

Cdo (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "FACTS ABOUT ME/ MY VYVANSE HISTORY: *22-years-old *Female *ADD and Dyslexic *Started on Vyvance in the 4th grade LONG TERM EFFECTS: *Scalp Picking (my head is covered with scabs, I pick them) *Severe Anxiety *No Self-Esteem (I hate myself) *I feel Angry and Aggressive most of the day *I'm always worried about something (never relaxed...ever) I SEEM FINE, but I'm dying on the inside: Graduating from State University with Degree in MATH Current GPA: 3.75 I have a job lined up after college in Risk Management I WOULD GIVE UP EVERYTHING I HAVE NOW IF IT MEANT THAT I DID NOT EVER HAVE TO TAKE VYVANSE!"

Rachel (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Helped with my concentration issues at work. Helped me complete one project before diving into other projects. Overall very happy with medication."

Jezebel (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...