User Reviews for Adzenys XR-ODT

ADHD 5.9

Reviews for Adzenys XR-ODT

LittleCanuck · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

For ADHD: “After trying every methylphenidate and non-stimulant based medication possible, my doctor told me that she was thinking of me when she read about Adzenys. She thought it would be a good fit. I can't thank her enough! I know it's only Day 1 but today my head has been clear, focused, I've been able to accomplish so many tasks! My feet are cold but that's nothing new. I had the same side effect on methylphenidate.”

lianioistad · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

For ADHD: “My insurance no longer covers Vyvanse (70mg) which has worked wonderfully for me over the last 6 years. My doc gave me an Rx for this along with a coupon that makes it cost only $35. I took it for the first time this morning, and I hate it!!! My body feels cold, ears are ringing, and I can't focus to save my life. I just want this stuff out of my system.”

Steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

For ADHD: “I was taking Adderall IR 20 MG 2x daily from 2005 to 2019. I moved to a new state and had issues filling my old prescriptions until I found my new doctor, so I ran out and was unmedicated for about 2 weeks. I planned on continuing Adderall, but the doctor recommended that I try Adzenys. I can understand the people who switch from Adderall with no time in between saying that they feel nothing because Adzenys isn't such a jolting medicine, and that's what I like about it. You retain your personality, things don't irritate you, and you are able to concentrate. I started with 6 MG and it didn't last long enough (4 hours). The next month was 12 MG, still not long enough. My third month was 15.7 MG, and works from 8 AM - 5 PM. Unfortunately my 4th month of 15.7 mg I suddenly feel like it's not as effective (like I took the 12 MG). I'm going to increase to the next dosage level, and hopefully it continues having the same effect as it used to. Definitely much easier on your body than Adderall.”

Anonymous November 18, 2019

For ADHD: “This is a sugar pill.”

Lady · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 18, 2019

For ADHD: “I have taken medication to help with my ADHD since I turned 8 years old. I have struggled to come to terms with the fact I need a medication everyday to function how society needs me to. I have tried 7 different medications from the start of my diagnoses until now ( I am 23). This medication Adzenys XR- ODT is the best that I have taken so far. The best part is that I am not afraid to have it just starting out at my desk or at home. Now one really knows what it is and so they will be less likely to steal it. It works great and never drowns me out.”

shell · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2019

For ADHD: “Vyvanse was too expensive and insurance didn't cover. I had a coupon for Adzenys. $50.00 a month with coupon. Both did well at controlling my anxiety related to ADD. I focus a good 8 hours with Adzenys. The packaging is a pain to open. It tastes really good and I've had NO dry mouth!!!! Makes me wonder how I made it without saliva the previous year.”

Gandhi · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2019

For ADHD: “CAUTION!!! THIS DRUG IS DANGEROUS!!! The Cons outweigh the Pros. I took this drug to treat my ADHD. I did make me focus more and that's the only positive thing I could say. Other than the physical side effects like gum bleeding, hair falling, cold sweats and insomnia. The emotional side effects included loss of personality, made me feel more psychotic. STAY AWAY FROM ADZENYS.”

Emily · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2019

For ADHD: “I've had ADHD since childhood. When I got to high school it became unmanageable. I went on low dose adderrall. When I turned 18 I stopped going to the doctor. When I started working my ADHD disrupted my work, so I went to a psychiatrist and was prescribed adzenys. Another reviewer described it as an "other worldly feeling" which sounds about right. After about 6 months on the medication I fell into a psychotic episode. I was taken off adzenys. The psychosis subsided after a couple of days. It was determined that the psychosis was a side effect of adzenys and not a symptom of a mental health condition. Now I'm not allowed to take any amphetamine medications (besides strattera which doesnt work). Adderrall worked for me for years with no side effects, but it just so happened that my new psychiatrist prescribed adzenys as ADHD medicine for all patients. This medication ruined my treatment of ADHD for life and has given me a poor prognosis for the future.”

SymptomSavant · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 10, 2019

For ADHD: “I’ve taken several medications for my ADD, and none of them worked as well as Adzenys. Vyvanse was good, too, but I still felt a somewhat noticeable crash with it. I didn’t believe my doctor when he said Adzenys didn’t have a crash, but he was right.. at least for me.. I feel no crash; the effect smoothly tapers off, and it’s actually much easier for me to fall asleep now. I highly recommend giving Adzenys a try if your current ADD med is giving you side effects.”

Micah · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2019

For ADHD: “I've taken many stimulants, and they all come with a horrible crash. Adderall IR, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Concerta; and they really didn't help me focus on important things. Adzenys-- so far-- has been by far the best stimulant for me. I have a history of brain injuries and struggled w/ fatigue (causes depression). Other stimulants helped me exercise, but my heart rate was too much. On this, my heart rate is normal; and I have my old stamina. If you are someone who struggles w/ fatigue, this is great. It's not for everyone, I don't get that "bad taste" thing people comment on. Most medications that dissolve are disgusting, this one is painless. Hope it works for others like it did for me.”

UnderCaffeinatedMillennial · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

For ADHD: “I just recently had to switch doctors because I moved states. Well, she switched my meds. I was on Adderall XR. It worked really well for me, but she insisted this new medication would be much better. I have now been on Adzenys for one week, and I’m miserable. I have a migraine like headache and I haven’t slept more than 3 hours at a time. I will be putting in a call tomorrow for my old adderall.”

john September 4, 2018

For ADHD: “I've been on a variety of ADHD medications, last being vyvanse. They have all basically been the same for me, with a somewhat high, nice focus window, and then a crash. Vyvanse lasted way too long, had a fight or flight feeling in my chest nonstop, and then made me depressed when it wore off which lasted a while. Adderall was too short and I didn't like crashing twice a day (2 pills). Adzenys XR-ODT is a good middle. Still crashes, still appetite suppression, but it is smoother and doesn't last 20 hrs like vyvanse. Only issue I have with it is it is extremely hard to locate and I have had to drive 40 minutes to a pharmacy to get it on occasion. It also comes in a large inconvenient box, instead of a pill bottle. Biggest struggle with ADHD medications is while they help me focus, they do not help me choose my focus. I can play xbox for 5 hours straight or do house work for 5 hours straight, and I have to dictate the right choice myself.”

Leem · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 2, 2018

For ADHD: “Okay so I started taking this medicine after switching around meds since I was about 7 but this medicine is by far the worst. When I forget to take it in the morning I suffer and have terrible tiredness. I have no energy. It’s especially bad since I’m a lifeguard and have to be alert. I wouldn’t recommend taking it. You could go to bed at regular hours and still wake up with no energy at all. Don’t get it twisted the medicine was great at first but as time has progressed I notice more and more side effects. The most prominent one is having a lack of energy during the day.”

Jay August 29, 2018

For ADHD: “I've been on Adzenys for a little over a year now and have mixed feelings about the drug. I'm a 23 year old male, not taking any other medications, and in good physical condition. Currently prescribed the 15.7 mg dose, but am going to make the switch to Adderal XR for a few reasons. First, this drug can be extremely hard to locate, and if a pharmacy doesn't have it, it tends to take a while to get it in. Secondly, it has caused severe insomnia. I see some other people have had that subside within a few weeks but I've had it for practically the entire time. Lastly, its ability to help me maintain drive and focus is too infrequent. Sometimes it's a miracle of a drug, other times I misplace and lose things one after the other and can't remember things I had just heard or read. It's like sometimes I am completely there and focused, and other times I'm floating around if that makes any sense.”

Jesse · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2018

For ADHD: “I told my doctor that I did great on the Vyvanse but simply could no longer afford it. Had me try the Adzenys with a free coupon, for me it seems like it has no effect on the ADHD but it does make me feel like I'm out of my body just a little bit, like on a body high which is great if you want that, but not if you need to work on your concentration. Seem to be getting very forgetful on it, missing turns while driving, or not even remembering that I had put my lunch in the work fridge. Only been on it for 15 days and will go back to Adderall after this 30 days. For me personally, Vyvanse was solid, Adderall does the job but not as smooth as Vyvanse, Adzenys makes me feel like I'm on an alcohol/drug cocktail, and Straterra gave me absolutely the worst side effects that I couldn't even finish the initial 30 day prescription. Hope this helps somebody because all I heard was good things about Adzenys and this thread helped me realize that some people were going through similar things.”

Autumn · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2018

For ADHD: “I started taking Adzenys about a week ago and so far it hasn't been doing much for me besides me having side effects. I have diarrhea and my heart rate increases/feels like its beating harder. I'm worried about my heart because I have had heart problems in the past. I also feel like I'm not fully there, like I'm kind of in a daze/slow thinking. Also last night I woke up with bad anxiety and then today I feel like I want to cry all of the time. I don't know if the anxiety/crying are side effects but this is not how I usually act. I am going to take it for another week or so and only take half a pill to see if some of the side effects hopefully go away. I really want adzenys to work because it is affordable. If not, I'll probably have to go back to using vyvanse and just deal with the side effects.”

Catdad82 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 9, 2018

For ADHD: “This medication is a million times better than Adderall for my ADHD symptoms--lack of motivation, emotional dysregulation, sensory overload, procrastination, and feeling overwhelmed by even the simplest, most everyday tasks. Adderall also caused side-effects such as upper gastrointestinal issues, irritability, and the dreaded crash. Adzenys does not for the most part. I also like how the drug is brand-name, I know what I'm getting each month rather than the "generic roulette" of Adderall, where every generic was different (yet none was as effective as Adzenys). Finally, I think the orally disintegrating tablet (tastes good, btw) makes the drug more consistent than if it were swallowed and wholly processed via the GI system. No one seems to know about this medication, it's too bad because it is a gem for my ADHD symptoms. I hope it isn't discontinued for this reason.”

Kracker · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2018

For ADHD: “I was on Vyvanse 70 mg and switched to Adzenys because I felt the Vyvanse was not working as well. I take 18.8mg and feel this medication makes me tired and does zero for my ADHD. I am 51 years old and found out 18.8 is for children that 12mg is the highest adults should be prescribed so I will talk to my doctor but Vyvanse worked much better.”

JaJo22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2018

For ADHD: “I went through Adderall IR, Adderall XR and Vyvanse before trying Adzenys, and boy am I glad I did. Adzenys has a nice gradual come up and keeps me focused all day. At the end of the day there is absolutely no crash at all. This was always a major problem for me was the way these medications caused me to crash hard as they were wearing off. If this is an issue for you, I would suggest you ask your doctor about Adzenys. I'm glad I finally found a medication that worked so well to control my ADD.”

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2018

For ADHD: “At first this medication worked great. Now I noticed a couple of side effects. Soreness in legs, increase urination, but worst of all was the increased agitation and dry mouth. On the plus side the medication work better then other ADHD on the market. It has increased focus and helped level off my energy. I built up a fast tolerance using the 9.3 mg. I Have only taken it for two months helpfully it keeps work!”

bipolarADD · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2018

For ADHD: “Adzenys XR-ODT gave me great, smooth, long-lasting effects. I’ve had a bit of an increase in physical anxiety/agitation, but that’s largely subsided. Also had some difficulty falling asleep, but I stopped having this effect within 2 weeks. I’m honestly amazed that I have absolutely zero crash with Adzenys, even as I’ve increased my dose a bit. I’ve always experienced crashes with ADD drugs, until I found Adzenys”

Alice · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2018

For ADHD: “It was a lifesaver at first, but with the new box I'm taking, suddenly, I don't sleep and my leg mucles are always sore. Could this be a bad batch? Did the formula change? I'm definitely scared.”

Beagles and Bengals · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 28, 2018

For ADHD: “I was very disappointed with varying generics of Adderall XR for my combined ADHD. Brand was better but caused some side effects. Adzenys ODT is a million times better than either. I think my body doesn't respond well to amphetamine salts (Adderall) but does to amphetamine base (Adzenys). Or maybe some of the inactive ingredients that are artificial sweeteners in Adderall (aspartame for example) are reacting badly; I know I can't eat/drink any foods with aspartame or saccharine without getting headaches and low blood sugar, but this would still not explain why the active amphetamine in Adzenys works so much better for me, so I'm going to have to go with the salt vs base hypothesis. Adzenys doesn't make me sleepy like Adderall XR/IR, feels cleaner and smoother, works better for ADHD symptoms like impatience, impulsivity, procrastination, avolition, and task initiation and completion. I just wish there was an Adzenys IR.”

AriesMoon · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

For ADHD: “I was on 30mg Adderall XR for about a year, which worked well for me except for the crash. It became much less effective at that dose after being on it almost a year, but my doctor has a cap on the Adderall dosage she will prescribe. Just switched to Adzenys 12.5mg at my last appointment. I've been taking it for almost a week. I'm completely unfocused and back to having trouble getting to sleep. Not that it does nothing at all...mostly I just feel like I'm in another world. My thoughts are definitely slowed down, but more distracting from reality. I'm definitely feeling really chill overall. It does last longer than Adderall, if you want to feel like you're in an other worldly state for 12 hours or more. Things effect people differently and I'm sure this is very helpful to a lot of people, but I tried to Google similar experiences and found none, so I wanted to write a review in case anyone else might be experiencing the same.”

blah · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2018

For ADHD: “I have been on Adderall 20 mg 3x/day for a couple years. My doctor switched me to this med because I was experiencing increased anxiety. I have a lot of issues at home, which I think is the cause of the increase in anxiety. My doctor, however, thinks Adderall might be the cause. I know my body and this new medication just is NOT working for me. I wanted to switch back, but she wants me to try 18.8 mg instead of 12.5. I don't have much hope because it didn't do a thing for my focus or attention and my energy is completely depleted. I feel like I have been given a placebo.”