User Reviews for Adzenys XR-ODT

ADHD
6.1

Reviews for Adzenys XR-ODT

Beckers81 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 10, 2020

For ADHD: “My son started taking Adzenys XR-ODT about 18 months ago, at the age of 8 years old, and it has been the best option so far. Prior to that, he had been on Adderall, Adderall XR-ODT, and Cotempla XR-ODT (which made him incredibly moody in the afternoons as it wore off). He's maintained the 9.4 dosage for 18 months and we are please with it. It dissolves, so I give it to him about 45 minutes before he needs to wake up - which makes mornings so much smoother in our household! We still have to make sure he eats enough - although he is usually ravenous at bedtime once it's worn off - but it's worth it.”

LittleCanuck · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

For ADHD: “After trying every methylphenidate and non-stimulant based medication possible, my doctor told me that she was thinking of me when she read about Adzenys. She thought it would be a good fit. I can't thank her enough! I know it's only Day 1 but today my head has been clear, focused, I've been able to accomplish so many tasks! My feet are cold but that's nothing new. I had the same side effect on methylphenidate.”

lianioistad · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

For ADHD: “My insurance no longer covers Vyvanse (70mg) which has worked wonderfully for me over the last 6 years. My doc gave me an Rx for this along with a coupon that makes it cost only $35. I took it for the first time this morning, and I hate it!!! My body feels cold, ears are ringing, and I can't focus to save my life. I just want this stuff out of my system.”

john September 4, 2018

For ADHD: “I've been on a variety of ADHD medications, last being vyvanse. They have all basically been the same for me, with a somewhat high, nice focus window, and then a crash. Vyvanse lasted way too long, had a fight or flight feeling in my chest nonstop, and then made me depressed when it wore off which lasted a while. Adderall was too short and I didn't like crashing twice a day (2 pills). Adzenys XR-ODT is a good middle. Still crashes, still appetite suppression, but it is smoother and doesn't last 20 hrs like vyvanse. Only issue I have with it is it is extremely hard to locate and I have had to drive 40 minutes to a pharmacy to get it on occasion. It also comes in a large inconvenient box, instead of a pill bottle. Biggest struggle with ADHD medications is while they help me focus, they do not help me choose my focus. I can play xbox for 5 hours straight or do house work for 5 hours straight, and I have to dictate the right choice myself.”

SymptomSavant · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 10, 2019

For ADHD: “I’ve taken several medications for my ADD, and none of them worked as well as Adzenys. Vyvanse was good, too, but I still felt a somewhat noticeable crash with it. I didn’t believe my doctor when he said Adzenys didn’t have a crash, but he was right.. at least for me.. I feel no crash; the effect smoothly tapers off, and it’s actually much easier for me to fall asleep now. I highly recommend giving Adzenys a try if your current ADD med is giving you side effects.”

Catdad82 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 9, 2018

For ADHD: “This medication is a million times better than Adderall for my ADHD symptoms--lack of motivation, emotional dysregulation, sensory overload, procrastination, and feeling overwhelmed by even the simplest, most everyday tasks. Adderall also caused side-effects such as upper gastrointestinal issues, irritability, and the dreaded crash. Adzenys does not for the most part. I also like how the drug is brand-name, I know what I'm getting each month rather than the "generic roulette" of Adderall, where every generic was different (yet none was as effective as Adzenys). Finally, I think the orally disintegrating tablet (tastes good, btw) makes the drug more consistent than if it were swallowed and wholly processed via the GI system. No one seems to know about this medication, it's too bad because it is a gem for my ADHD symptoms. I hope it isn't discontinued for this reason.”

Micah · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2019

For ADHD: “I've taken many stimulants, and they all come with a horrible crash. Adderall IR, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Concerta; and they really didn't help me focus on important things. Adzenys-- so far-- has been by far the best stimulant for me. I have a history of brain injuries and struggled w/ fatigue (causes depression). Other stimulants helped me exercise, but my heart rate was too much. On this, my heart rate is normal; and I have my old stamina. If you are someone who struggles w/ fatigue, this is great. It's not for everyone, I don't get that "bad taste" thing people comment on. Most medications that dissolve are disgusting, this one is painless. Hope it works for others like it did for me.”

Jay August 29, 2018

For ADHD: “I've been on Adzenys for a little over a year now and have mixed feelings about the drug. I'm a 23 year old male, not taking any other medications, and in good physical condition. Currently prescribed the 15.7 mg dose, but am going to make the switch to Adderal XR for a few reasons. First, this drug can be extremely hard to locate, and if a pharmacy doesn't have it, it tends to take a while to get it in. Secondly, it has caused severe insomnia. I see some other people have had that subside within a few weeks but I've had it for practically the entire time. Lastly, its ability to help me maintain drive and focus is too infrequent. Sometimes it's a miracle of a drug, other times I misplace and lose things one after the other and can't remember things I had just heard or read. It's like sometimes I am completely there and focused, and other times I'm floating around if that makes any sense.”

AriesMoon · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

For ADHD: “I was on 30mg Adderall XR for about a year, which worked well for me except for the crash. It became much less effective at that dose after being on it almost a year, but my doctor has a cap on the Adderall dosage she will prescribe. Just switched to Adzenys 12.5mg at my last appointment. I've been taking it for almost a week. I'm completely unfocused and back to having trouble getting to sleep. Not that it does nothing at all...mostly I just feel like I'm in another world. My thoughts are definitely slowed down, but more distracting from reality. I'm definitely feeling really chill overall. It does last longer than Adderall, if you want to feel like you're in an other worldly state for 12 hours or more. Things effect people differently and I'm sure this is very helpful to a lot of people, but I tried to Google similar experiences and found none, so I wanted to write a review in case anyone else might be experiencing the same.”

Steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

For ADHD: “I was taking Adderall IR 20 MG 2x daily from 2005 to 2019. I moved to a new state and had issues filling my old prescriptions until I found my new doctor, so I ran out and was unmedicated for about 2 weeks. I planned on continuing Adderall, but the doctor recommended that I try Adzenys. I can understand the people who switch from Adderall with no time in between saying that they feel nothing because Adzenys isn't such a jolting medicine, and that's what I like about it. You retain your personality, things don't irritate you, and you are able to concentrate. I started with 6 MG and it didn't last long enough (4 hours). The next month was 12 MG, still not long enough. My third month was 15.7 MG, and works from 8 AM - 5 PM. Unfortunately my 4th month of 15.7 mg I suddenly feel like it's not as effective (like I took the 12 MG). I'm going to increase to the next dosage level, and hopefully it continues having the same effect as it used to. Definitely much easier on your body than Adderall.”

Lady · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 18, 2019

For ADHD: “I have taken medication to help with my ADHD since I turned 8 years old. I have struggled to come to terms with the fact I need a medication everyday to function how society needs me to. I have tried 7 different medications from the start of my diagnoses until now ( I am 23). This medication Adzenys XR- ODT is the best that I have taken so far. The best part is that I am not afraid to have it just starting out at my desk or at home. Now one really knows what it is and so they will be less likely to steal it. It works great and never drowns me out.”

UnderCaffeinatedMillennial · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

For ADHD: “I just recently had to switch doctors because I moved states. Well, she switched my meds. I was on Adderall XR. It worked really well for me, but she insisted this new medication would be much better. I have now been on Adzenys for one week, and I’m miserable. I have a migraine like headache and I haven’t slept more than 3 hours at a time. I will be putting in a call tomorrow for my old adderall.”

TheMrsB · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2016

For ADHD: “I am so thrown off at how many positive reviews I have seen on this stuff, however I must have an insane Ph balance (causes amphetamines to become ineffective), but I do not see how it is possible to take the highest dose they provide and not even feel nothing... like I have not taken anything at all.... The other night I got so tired that I fell asleep without warning!”

shell · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2019

For ADHD: “Vyvanse was too expensive and insurance didn't cover. I had a coupon for Adzenys. $50.00 a month with coupon. Both did well at controlling my anxiety related to ADD. I focus a good 8 hours with Adzenys. The packaging is a pain to open. It tastes really good and I've had NO dry mouth!!!! Makes me wonder how I made it without saliva the previous year.”

Holden Caulfield · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2016

For ADHD: “I have taken Adderall XR for several years and found that long acting amphetamine was the best treatment for my ADHD. However, I frequently had issues remembering to take it in the mornings and would often forget to take my medicine. Adzenys XR-ODT is so convenient in the blister pack I remember to take it, and the orange flavor is great! It lasts all day andI don't get a bad crash at the end of the day like I used to with my Adderall XR. Also, got first month free and pay only $25 per month with co-pay card”

Jesse · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2018

For ADHD: “I told my doctor that I did great on the Vyvanse but simply could no longer afford it. Had me try the Adzenys with a free coupon, for me it seems like it has no effect on the ADHD but it does make me feel like I'm out of my body just a little bit, like on a body high which is great if you want that, but not if you need to work on your concentration. Seem to be getting very forgetful on it, missing turns while driving, or not even remembering that I had put my lunch in the work fridge. Only been on it for 15 days and will go back to Adderall after this 30 days. For me personally, Vyvanse was solid, Adderall does the job but not as smooth as Vyvanse, Adzenys makes me feel like I'm on an alcohol/drug cocktail, and Straterra gave me absolutely the worst side effects that I couldn't even finish the initial 30 day prescription. Hope this helps somebody because all I heard was good things about Adzenys and this thread helped me realize that some people were going through similar things.”

JaJo22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2018

For ADHD: “I went through Adderall IR, Adderall XR and Vyvanse before trying Adzenys, and boy am I glad I did. Adzenys has a nice gradual come up and keeps me focused all day. At the end of the day there is absolutely no crash at all. This was always a major problem for me was the way these medications caused me to crash hard as they were wearing off. If this is an issue for you, I would suggest you ask your doctor about Adzenys. I'm glad I finally found a medication that worked so well to control my ADD.”

Lucy106 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2017

For ADHD: “Simply the best. The only side effect of this med is increased concentration and dry mouth :). It doesn't make me feel like my heart is racing or that my blood pressure is up. I'm really happy with this med. I had a hard time sticky with Concerta and other off brands, and I didn't like any of the adderall products. Since starting this, I haven't missed a single dose.”

!Charm_87! July 23, 2016

For ADHD: “I'm on day 2 of adzenys. I like that I take it once. But the texture is gritty once dissolved. It's a dissolvable pill so what do you expect? I do experience dry mouth and slight decrease in appetite but it's nothing serious. My doctor started me on a pediatric dose of 6.3 milligrams once a day. Another problem I see is that I'm having a hard time falling asleep. It could be because I take the medication around 11 o'clock in the morning but that's the time I get up. So it's honestly too early for me to tell.we will see once I get a routine going and school starts again.”

ShannonV · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2017

For ADHD: “I was taking 2 of the 20 mg Adderall a day and they wore off quick. Doctor had tried my son on this new medicine and worked for him. So I asked our doctor to switch me also, only draw back was that no one in our town carries it. I could either drive an hour to a Walgreens that carried or wait a week for the Walgreens in our town to get it in. Said they won't just order this medicine to keep on hand until we have filled 4 prescriptions which I thought made no sense. Luckily our local CVS has it on hand and the $25 coupon our doctor gave us has been wonderful. With our insurance it would cost $89 but was able to get the first prescription FREE!! And then each one after for $25..”

ADHD mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2017

For ADHD: “My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago (she's 13 now) and was on Adderall XR 25 mg for a few years. She was never hungry and had a hard time sleeping. We switched her to Adzenys XR 12.5 (lower than her Adderall dose equivalent). It doesn't seem to last as long -- but then again it's not as strong. The good thing is her appetite is back and she doesn't have trouble sleeping. She also doesn't complain about not feeling like herself (she is usually a pretty happy kid, but complained the Adderall made her withdrawn). She's doing fairly good in school, though she has some learning challenges in some areas. Although she's only been on it a few months, I am relatively happy with the results.”

Kate MM August 2, 2016

For ADHD: “Adzenys is the first stimulant medicine I've ever tried, I went through a very bad deprrssion from a car accident & working out, eating right & trying every antidepressant just made me even more depressed. Since taking adzenys I'm back to my old happy, energetic self! I don't have add or adhd so I can't comment on that but I do know this has helped me get over most of my depression & helped me to get back to working out & just got me of the couch & out of my rut. The energy was so immense the first week and then I started to get used to it which I've quite enjoyed, I'm not running around like a mad woman but I have the energy & the drive to be my normal self again. At first I had insomnia for a week but Benadryl helped for sure!”

MzDisorderedSyndrome · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2017

For ADHD: “This medication didn't come close to helping me the way my regular Adderall does. That being said I am going to stick with what I KNOW works but that's just me. Now I've heard others swear by Adzenys & wonder where its been all of their lives which I think is great. Just like any other drug what works for one may be rubbish 4 another. Adzenys is a fairly new drug on the market so of course Drs everywhere are going 2 B pushing it right now. I've worked in the medical field & I've seen Drs promote meds that they weren't even crazy about.. It just depended on what the drug rep looked like for that particular med & how they themselves were going to benefit by writing the drug. I'm not saying Adzenys is bad I'm just saying 4 me it didn't work.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2017

For ADHD: “I just started this medication and I like it for the hyperactivity side of my ADHD. I have tried almost every ADHD medication but most recently was on vyvanse, with the vyvanse I had great concentration but the hyperactivity was not controlled well so she had me try Adzenys I've only been on it about a week and the taste is not that bad for being a dissolvable medication but I will say that I can't take it immediately and then go to work because I become almost spaced out. I know I probably need to adjust to it and it's great once the first hour has passed. I'm still unsure whether I will stay on adzenys or switch back to vyvanse but so far so good.”

adultadhd January 30, 2017

For ADHD: “Adderall XR became less effective so dr wanted me to try Adzenys XR 15.7 I do not like it. Terrible headaches right after I take it then I get nauseated. Even though the Adderall xr has become less effective at least it gives me somewhat concentration without side effects. Also I hate the blister pack it comes in and it tastes terrible with a gritty bad after taste.”

Emily · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2019

For ADHD: “I've had ADHD since childhood. When I got to high school it became unmanageable. I went on low dose adderrall. When I turned 18 I stopped going to the doctor. When I started working my ADHD disrupted my work, so I went to a psychiatrist and was prescribed adzenys. Another reviewer described it as an "other worldly feeling" which sounds about right. After about 6 months on the medication I fell into a psychotic episode. I was taken off adzenys. The psychosis subsided after a couple of days. It was determined that the psychosis was a side effect of adzenys and not a symptom of a mental health condition. Now I'm not allowed to take any amphetamine medications (besides strattera which doesnt work). Adderrall worked for me for years with no side effects, but it just so happened that my new psychiatrist prescribed adzenys as ADHD medicine for all patients. This medication ruined my treatment of ADHD for life and has given me a poor prognosis for the future.”

Sludge head · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2017

For ADHD: “Today was first day of use (15.7 mg), after switching from Adderal 30 mg daily. Could not tell I had taken anything at all. My thinking is no more clear. I have zero energy. Vyvance caused a tazer-like spasm down my spine, when I tried it a few years ago. Adderal has become less effective, but does still help me to focus.”

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2018

For ADHD: “At first this medication worked great. Now I noticed a couple of side effects. Soreness in legs, increase urination, but worst of all was the increased agitation and dry mouth. On the plus side the medication work better then other ADHD on the market. It has increased focus and helped level off my energy. I built up a fast tolerance using the 9.3 mg. I Have only taken it for two months helpfully it keeps work!”