User Reviews for Adzenys XR-ODT

Learn more about Adzenys XR-ODT.

ADHD 22 reviews 39 medications

5.7
Summary of Adzenys XR-ODT reviews 22 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Adzenys XR-ODT

For ADHD "This medication works so well for me and my family. Easy to take, easy to transport and little to no side effects. A little dry mouth initially but after a week or so that cleared up. For only $25 it can't be beat."

birdgirl1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "This medicine works great for my niece!"

Monkeybutt03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I was taking 2 of the 20 mg Adderall a day and they wore off quick. Doctor had tried my son on this new medicine and worked for him. So I asked our doctor to switch me also, only draw back was that no one in our town carries it. I could either drive an hour to a Walgreens that carried or wait a week for the Walgreens in our town to get it in. Said they won't just order this medicine to keep on hand until we have filled 4 prescriptions which I thought made no sense. Luckily our local CVS has it on hand and the $25 coupon our doctor gave us has been wonderful. With our insurance it would cost $89 but was able to get the first prescription FREE!! And then each one after for $25.."

ShannonV (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I just started this medication and I like it for the hyperactivity side of my ADHD. I have tried almost every ADHD medication but most recently was on vyvanse, with the vyvanse I had great concentration but the hyperactivity was not controlled well so she had me try Adzenys I've only been on it about a week and the taste is not that bad for being a dissolvable medication but I will say that I can't take it immediately and then go to work because I become almost spaced out. I know I probably need to adjust to it and it's great once the first hour has passed. I'm still unsure whether I will stay on adzenys or switch back to vyvanse but so far so good."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Have been taking for few months. Switched from adderall and it's been good. Can concentrate more at work and when driving. Overall satisfied and will keep continue taking it."

humour412 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Been on this for about 3 months now. At first it was great in keeping me focused on tasks at work and at home but it is starting to not be as effective I feel. My dr. prescribed me the 18.8mg variety based on my weight and also because I am a gastric bypass patient as I digest and absorb things differently which is why we didn't go the more known route of adderall. As I've taken this medication, especially over the last month I've noticed I have more anxiety, and I'm not my normal happy go lucky self. I have a follow up in April with my doc and will address these issues then to see what other game plan we can come up with. I've heard from a friend that also had gastric bypass that she takes vyvanse"

Bubdrum (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Simply the best. The only side effect of this med is increased concentration and dry mouth :). It doesn't make me feel like my heart is racing or that my blood pressure is up. I'm really happy with this med. I had a hard time sticky with Concerta and other off brands, and I didn't like any of the adderall products. Since starting this, I haven't missed a single dose."

Lucy106 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Been on Adzenys since September 2016. Works great. I have been more focused at work and I'm other less stimulating situations. No side effects. Flavor is good for a ODT. Easy to take and remember"

Adult with ADHD (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Adderall XR became less effective so dr wanted me to try Adzenys XR 15.7 I do not like it. Terrible headaches right after I take it then I get nauseated. Even though the Adderall xr has become less effective at least it gives me somewhat concentration without side effects. Also I hate the blister pack it comes in and it tastes terrible with a gritty bad after taste."

adultadhd January 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "This medication didn't come close to helping me the way my regular Adderall does. That being said I am going to stick with what I KNOW works but that's just me. Now I've heard others swear by Adzenys & wonder where its been all of their lives which I think is great. Just like any other drug what works for one may be rubbish 4 another. Adzenys is a fairly new drug on the market so of course Drs everywhere are going 2 B pushing it right now. I've worked in the medical field & I've seen Drs promote meds that they weren't even crazy about.. It just depended on what the drug rep looked like for that particular med & how they themselves were going to benefit by writing the drug. I'm not saying Adzenys is bad I'm just saying 4 me it didn't work."

MzDisorderedSyndrome (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have taken Adderall 30 mg XR for a little over a year along with a 10 mg boost needed after lunch to get my attention and motivation going. Since it only helps a little to calm my thoughts down and only jump from starting 3 tasks instead of 5 and slowed my thoughts down a little bit the Dr thought to try this new medication Adzenys XR 15.7 mg. Started it 6 days ago and it does nothing for me. I have zero motivation to many thoughts are swimming around. also have a constant headache for the majority of the morning and dull one later and then a crash at midday. at least with Adderall my motivation was great, I thought about a few things at the same time instead of being bombarded and no crash."

adult adhd (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago (she's 13 now) and was on Adderall XR 25 mg for a few years. She was never hungry and had a hard time sleeping. We switched her to Adzenys XR 12.5 (lower than her Adderall dose equivalent). It doesn't seem to last as long -- but then again it's not as strong. The good thing is her appetite is back and she doesn't have trouble sleeping. She also doesn't complain about not feeling like herself (she is usually a pretty happy kid, but complained the Adderall made her withdrawn). She's doing fairly good in school, though she has some learning challenges in some areas. Although she's only been on it a few months, I am relatively happy with the results."

ADHD mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "This product is terrible !!! Took it for 1month . Nothing at all . My doctor is writing me a new product this week . The taste is terrible . May be my chemistry but no good."

Adhd girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Today was first day of use (15.7 mg), after switching from Adderal 30 mg daily. Could not tell I had taken anything at all. My thinking is no more clear. I have zero energy. Vyvance caused a tazer-like spasm down my spine, when I tried it a few years ago. Adderal has become less effective, but does still help me to focus."

Sludge head (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I may not be the right demographic for this medication but works well and better than lugging around a pill bottle and swallowing a pill with water. Comes in individual blister packs and easy to transport for ADHD travelling business professionals like myself."

Able4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I did not find this medication to be effective. I approximately 3 hours of sustained attention .My energy depletes throughout the day. I do not like the gritted texture nor taste. I will not continue this medication."

Ms. Frustrated (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I am so thrown off at how many positive reviews I have seen on this stuff, however I must have an insane Ph balance (causes amphetamines to become ineffective), but I do not see how it is possible to take the highest dose they provide and not even feel nothing... like I have not taken anything at all.... The other night I got so tired that I fell asleep without warning!"

TheMrsB (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I had been off of medication for a while, recently went to a doctor for ADHD to get meds again -- was given a script for Adzenys XR-ODT, I have had experiences with Adderall in the past while sampling medication with my previous doctor and found success. This medication at the equivalent dosage of 20mg did little to nothing for me for the first few days and eventually, nothing at all."

Mabel2193 September 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Adzenys is the first stimulant medicine I've ever tried, I went through a very bad deprrssion from a car accident & working out, eating right & trying every antidepressant just made me even more depressed. Since taking adzenys I'm back to my old happy, energetic self! I don't have add or adhd so I can't comment on that but I do know this has helped me get over most of my depression & helped me to get back to working out & just got me of the couch & out of my rut. The energy was so immense the first week and then I started to get used to it which I've quite enjoyed, I'm not running around like a mad woman but I have the energy & the drive to be my normal self again. At first I had insomnia for a week but Benadryl helped for sure!"

Kate MM August 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I was a little skeptical to try a new drug but when my Daytrana went on backorder, I listened to my doctor and glad I did. I HATE to swallow pills and didn't want to carry around any syrup with me so this works perfect for me. Actually taste like orange! Which as you know most drugs don't actually taste like the flavor they say it should so I was pleasantly surprised. I got to try it out free for the first month and will be continuing to use in the future!"

Hyper Hank (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I'm on day 2 of adzenys. I like that I take it once. But the texture is gritty once dissolved. It's a dissolvable pill so what do you expect? I do experience dry mouth and slight decrease in appetite but it's nothing serious. My doctor started me on a pediatric dose of 6.3 milligrams once a day. Another problem I see is that I'm having a hard time falling asleep. It could be because I take the medication around 11 o'clock in the morning but that's the time I get up. So it's honestly too early for me to tell.we will see once I get a routine going and school starts again."

!Charm_87! July 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have taken Adderall XR for several years and found that long acting amphetamine was the best treatment for my ADHD. However, I frequently had issues remembering to take it in the mornings and would often forget to take my medicine. Adzenys XR-ODT is so convenient in the blister pack I remember to take it, and the orange flavor is great! It lasts all day andI don't get a bad crash at the end of the day like I used to with my Adderall XR. Also, got first month free and pay only $25 per month with co-pay card"

Holden Caulfield (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016