User Reviews for Adzenys XR-ODT

ADHD
5.9

Summary of Adzenys XR-ODT reviews 5.9 40 reviews

Reviews for Adzenys XR-ODT

For ADHD "I just recently had to switch doctors because I moved states. Well, she switched my meds. I was on Adderall XR. It worked really well for me, but she insisted this new medication would be much better. I have now been on Adzenys for one week, and I’m miserable. I have a migraine like headache and I haven’t slept more than 3 hours at a time. I will be putting in a call tomorrow for my old adderall."

UnderCaffeinatedMillennial (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For ADHD "I've been on a variety of ADHD medications, last being vyvanse. They have all basically been the same for me, with a somewhat high, nice focus window, and then a crash. Vyvanse lasted way too long, had a fight or flight feeling in my chest nonstop, and then made me depressed when it wore off which lasted a while. Adderall was too short and I didn't like crashing twice a day (2 pills). Adzenys XR-ODT is a good middle. Still crashes, still appetite suppression, but it is smoother and doesn't last 20 hrs like vyvanse. Only issue I have with it is it is extremely hard to locate and I have had to drive 40 minutes to a pharmacy to get it on occasion. It also comes in a large inconvenient box, instead of a pill bottle. Biggest struggle with ADHD medications is while they help me focus, they do not help me choose my focus. I can play xbox for 5 hours straight or do house work for 5 hours straight, and I have to dictate the right choice myself."

john September 4, 2018

For ADHD "Okay so I started taking this medicine after switching around meds since I was about 7 but this medicine is by far the worst. When I forget to take it in the morning I suffer and have terrible tiredness. I have no energy. It’s especially bad since I’m a lifeguard and have to be alert. I wouldn’t recommend taking it. You could go to bed at regular hours and still wake up with no energy at all. Don’t get it twisted the medicine was great at first but as time has progressed I notice more and more side effects. The most prominent one is having a lack of energy during the day."

Leem (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2018

For ADHD "I've been on Adzenys for a little over a year now and have mixed feelings about the drug. I'm a 23 year old male, not taking any other medications, and in good physical condition. Currently prescribed the 15.7 mg dose, but am going to make the switch to Adderal XR for a few reasons. First, this drug can be extremely hard to locate, and if a pharmacy doesn't have it, it tends to take a while to get it in. Secondly, it has caused severe insomnia. I see some other people have had that subside within a few weeks but I've had it for practically the entire time. Lastly, its ability to help me maintain drive and focus is too infrequent. Sometimes it's a miracle of a drug, other times I misplace and lose things one after the other and can't remember things I had just heard or read. It's like sometimes I am completely there and focused, and other times I'm floating around if that makes any sense."

Jay August 29, 2018

For ADHD "I told my doctor that I did great on the Vyvanse but simply could no longer afford it. Had me try the Adzenys with a free coupon, for me it seems like it has no effect on the ADHD but it does make me feel like I'm out of my body just a little bit, like on a body high which is great if you want that, but not if you need to work on your concentration. Seem to be getting very forgetful on it, missing turns while driving, or not even remembering that I had put my lunch in the work fridge. Only been on it for 15 days and will go back to Adderall after this 30 days. For me personally, Vyvanse was solid, Adderall does the job but not as smooth as Vyvanse, Adzenys makes me feel like I'm on an alcohol/drug cocktail, and Straterra gave me absolutely the worst side effects that I couldn't even finish the initial 30 day prescription. Hope this helps somebody because all I heard was good things about Adzenys and this thread helped me realize that some people were going through similar things."

Jesse (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For ADHD "I started taking Adzenys about a week ago and so far it hasn't been doing much for me besides me having side effects. I have diarrhea and my heart rate increases/feels like its beating harder. I'm worried about my heart because I have had heart problems in the past. I also feel like I'm not fully there, like I'm kind of in a daze/slow thinking. Also last night I woke up with bad anxiety and then today I feel like I want to cry all of the time. I don't know if the anxiety/crying are side effects but this is not how I usually act. I am going to take it for another week or so and only take half a pill to see if some of the side effects hopefully go away. I really want adzenys to work because it is affordable. If not, I'll probably have to go back to using vyvanse and just deal with the side effects."

Autumn (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For ADHD "This medication is a million times better than Adderall for my ADHD symptoms--lack of motivation, emotional dysregulation, sensory overload, procrastination, and feeling overwhelmed by even the simplest, most everyday tasks. Adderall also caused side-effects such as upper gastrointestinal issues, irritability, and the dreaded crash. Adzenys does not for the most part. I also like how the drug is brand-name, I know what I'm getting each month rather than the "generic roulette" of Adderall, where every generic was different (yet none was as effective as Adzenys). Finally, I think the orally disintegrating tablet (tastes good, btw) makes the drug more consistent than if it were swallowed and wholly processed via the GI system. No one seems to know about this medication, it's too bad because it is a gem for my ADHD symptoms. I hope it isn't discontinued for this reason."

Catdad82 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2018

For ADHD "I was on Vyvanse 70 mg and switched to Adzenys because I felt the Vyvanse was not working as well. I take 18.8mg and feel this medication makes me tired and does zero for my ADHD. I am 51 years old and found out 18.8 is for children that 12mg is the highest adults should be prescribed so I will talk to my doctor but Vyvanse worked much better."

Kracker (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For ADHD "I went through Adderall IR, Adderall XR and Vyvanse before trying Adzenys, and boy am I glad I did. Adzenys has a nice gradual come up and keeps me focused all day. At the end of the day there is absolutely no crash at all. This was always a major problem for me was the way these medications caused me to crash hard as they were wearing off. If this is an issue for you, I would suggest you ask your doctor about Adzenys. I'm glad I finally found a medication that worked so well to control my ADD."

JaJo22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

For ADHD "At first this medication worked great. Now I noticed a couple of side effects. Soreness in legs, increase urination, but worst of all was the increased agitation and dry mouth. On the plus side the medication work better then other ADHD on the market. It has increased focus and helped level off my energy. I built up a fast tolerance using the 9.3 mg. I Have only taken it for two months helpfully it keeps work!"

Nick (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

For ADHD "Adzenys XR-ODT gave me great, smooth, long-lasting effects. I’ve had a bit of an increase in physical anxiety/agitation, but that’s largely subsided. Also had some difficulty falling asleep, but I stopped having this effect within 2 weeks. I’m honestly amazed that I have absolutely zero crash with Adzenys, even as I’ve increased my dose a bit. I’ve always experienced crashes with ADD drugs, until I found Adzenys"

bipolarADD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2018

For ADHD "It was a lifesaver at first, but with the new box I'm taking, suddenly, I don't sleep and my leg mucles are always sore. Could this be a bad batch? Did the formula change? I'm definitely scared."

Alice (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

For ADHD "I was very disappointed with varying generics of Adderall XR for my combined ADHD. Brand was better but caused some side effects. Adzenys ODT is a million times better than either. I think my body doesn't respond well to amphetamine salts (Adderall) but does to amphetamine base (Adzenys). Or maybe some of the inactive ingredients that are artificial sweeteners in Adderall (aspartame for example) are reacting badly; I know I can't eat/drink any foods with aspartame or saccharine without getting headaches and low blood sugar, but this would still not explain why the active amphetamine in Adzenys works so much better for me, so I'm going to have to go with the salt vs base hypothesis. Adzenys doesn't make me sleepy like Adderall XR/IR, feels cleaner and smoother, works better for ADHD symptoms like impatience, impulsivity, procrastination, avolition, and task initiation and completion. I just wish there was an Adzenys IR."

Beagles and Bengals (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2018

For ADHD "I was on 30mg Adderall XR for about a year, which worked well for me except for the crash. It became much less effective at that dose after being on it almost a year, but my doctor has a cap on the Adderall dosage she will prescribe. Just switched to Adzenys 12.5mg at my last appointment. I've been taking it for almost a week. I'm completely unfocused and back to having trouble getting to sleep. Not that it does nothing at all...mostly I just feel like I'm in another world. My thoughts are definitely slowed down, but more distracting from reality. I'm definitely feeling really chill overall. It does last longer than Adderall, if you want to feel like you're in an other worldly state for 12 hours or more. Things effect people differently and I'm sure this is very helpful to a lot of people, but I tried to Google similar experiences and found none, so I wanted to write a review in case anyone else might be experiencing the same."

AriesMoon (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For ADHD "I have been on Adderall 20 mg 3x/day for a couple years. My doctor switched me to this med because I was experiencing increased anxiety. I have a lot of issues at home, which I think is the cause of the increase in anxiety. My doctor, however, thinks Adderall might be the cause. I know my body and this new medication just is NOT working for me. I wanted to switch back, but she wants me to try 18.8 mg instead of 12.5. I don't have much hope because it didn't do a thing for my focus or attention and my energy is completely depleted. I feel like I have been given a placebo."

blah (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

For ADHD "I had tried everything and didn't like how all of the other stimulants made me feel. My doctor mentioned this and that is was new and it blew my expectations out of the water. It incredibly useful but you don’t feel like you’re on medicine you don’t feel the highs and lows that even adderal or others cause. It’s extremely smooth and it got me back to normal."

Leah2222 December 15, 2017

For ADHD "I never knew I had ADD until my daughter was diagnosed. During her interview I realized I had all the same symptoms. I tried the 3.1mg for three days and felt a lot better. I also noticed I slept really well. I have had insomnia my entire life and the last 6 years I have been seeing a sleep specialist/researcher. We have tried so many different sleep meds and my primary had me on Xanax for a couple of years. Nothing truly worked until I found this med. Now I take 6.3mg feel great all day with no side affects and the best thing is a sleep with no aides and I don't take Xanax anymore. I feel great and my sleep specialist was able to get me three years, yup that’s right three years for free!! I have two insurances and neither were going to pay!!"

Really 678 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

For ADHD "I've been on ADHD medication for a very long time. My body had built a pretty strong tolerance stimulants. I combine normally IR Adderall, Vyvanse, and XR Adderall, and now I combine Zenzedi (great, btw), IR Adderall, and this medication and the only thing I noticed is no increase in focus at all but some weird increase in insomnia which is unusual because it's not like an anxiety insomnia but a strange almost increased ADHD insomnia I had growing up. Normally after taking my ADHD medications I can sleep without issue but this one causes me to just stay awake without jitters, focus, anxiety, or anything. I don't care for it."

Faikey October 24, 2017

For ADHD "This medication works so well for me and my family. Easy to take, easy to transport and little to no side effects. A little dry mouth initially but after a week or so that cleared up. For only $25 it can't be beat."

birdgirl1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 25, 2017

For ADHD "This medicine works great for my niece!"

Monkeybutt03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2017

For ADHD "I was taking 2 of the 20 mg Adderall a day and they wore off quick. Doctor had tried my son on this new medicine and worked for him. So I asked our doctor to switch me also, only draw back was that no one in our town carries it. I could either drive an hour to a Walgreens that carried or wait a week for the Walgreens in our town to get it in. Said they won't just order this medicine to keep on hand until we have filled 4 prescriptions which I thought made no sense. Luckily our local CVS has it on hand and the $25 coupon our doctor gave us has been wonderful. With our insurance it would cost $89 but was able to get the first prescription FREE!! And then each one after for $25.."

ShannonV (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2017

For ADHD "I just started this medication and I like it for the hyperactivity side of my ADHD. I have tried almost every ADHD medication but most recently was on vyvanse, with the vyvanse I had great concentration but the hyperactivity was not controlled well so she had me try Adzenys I've only been on it about a week and the taste is not that bad for being a dissolvable medication but I will say that I can't take it immediately and then go to work because I become almost spaced out. I know I probably need to adjust to it and it's great once the first hour has passed. I'm still unsure whether I will stay on adzenys or switch back to vyvanse but so far so good."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

For ADHD "Have been taking for few months. Switched from adderall and it's been good. Can concentrate more at work and when driving. Overall satisfied and will keep continue taking it."

humour412 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

For ADHD "Been on this for about 3 months now. At first it was great in keeping me focused on tasks at work and at home but it is starting to not be as effective I feel. My dr. prescribed me the 18.8mg variety based on my weight and also because I am a gastric bypass patient as I digest and absorb things differently which is why we didn't go the more known route of adderall. As I've taken this medication, especially over the last month I've noticed I have more anxiety, and I'm not my normal happy go lucky self. I have a follow up in April with my doc and will address these issues then to see what other game plan we can come up with. I've heard from a friend that also had gastric bypass that she takes vyvanse"

Bubdrum (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

For ADHD "Simply the best. The only side effect of this med is increased concentration and dry mouth :). It doesn't make me feel like my heart is racing or that my blood pressure is up. I'm really happy with this med. I had a hard time sticky with Concerta and other off brands, and I didn't like any of the adderall products. Since starting this, I haven't missed a single dose."

Lucy106 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2017