Is Adzenys XR-ODT the same as Adderall XR?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 11, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
No. Adzenys XR-ODT is the first extended-release orally disintegrating amphetamine tablet approved by the FDA after the clinical program established that it is bioequivalent to a previously approved mixed amphetamine salts extended-release capsule (Adderall XR). Orally disintegrating tablets are formulated to dissolve in the mouth, rather than being swallowed whole like tablets or capsules. Adzenys XR-ODT is a patented formulation and not a generic of amphetamine mixed salts XR capsules.
Once-daily Adzenys XR-ODT (generic name amphetamine) is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant indicated for the treatment of ADHD in patients 6 years and older.
Adzenys XR-ODT comes in six different strengths to enable the health care provider to individualize a specific dose for each patient.
Related Medical Questions
- Can Adderall cause constipation?
- How long does Adderall stay in your system (urine drug test)?
- Adderall vs Vyvanse - What's the difference between them?
- Concerta vs Adderall. What is the difference between them?
- Ritalin vs Adderall: What is the difference?
- Focalin vs Adderall: What's the difference?
- Strattera vs Adderall: What is the difference?