Can Adderall cause constipation?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 6, 2023.
I have been taking it for couple years and recently something changed. I happened to look at side effects and that was one of them. I am also aware of all the reasons for constipation, and my diet is good, moderate exercise, more strength training then cardio usually.
Yes, constipation is a very common side effect of adderall.
If you need to continue taking adderall you may need to take a natural laxative on a regular basis to counteract this side effect. eg. Metamucil (psyllium)
Talk with your pharmacist or doctor for more advice.
Click on these links for more information:
Related medical questions
- How long does Adderall stay in your system (urine drug test)?
- Adderall vs Vyvanse - What's the difference between them?
- How long does Adderall last in your system?
- Does Adderall help with anxiety and depression?
- Qelbree vs Adderall: What's the difference between them?
- Azstarys vs Adderall, what is the difference?
- How is Mydayis different from Adderall XR?
- Modafinil vs Adderall: What's the difference?
- Is Adderall a controlled substance and addictive?
- Is Adzenys XR-ODT the same as Adderall XR?
- How much Adderall can I take?
- Adderall Information for Consumers
- Adderall prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Adderall (detailed)