Can Adderall cause constipation?
I have been taking it for couple years and recently something changed. I happened to look at side effects and that was one of them. I am also aware of all the reasons for constipation, and my diet is good, moderate exercise, more strength training then cardio usually.
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 16, 2019.
Yes, constipation is a very common side effect of adderall.
If you need to continue taking adderall you may need to take a natural laxative on a regular basis to counteract this side effect. eg. Metamucil (psyllium)
Talk with your pharmacist or doctor for more advice.
Click on these links for more information:
Related Medical Questions
- How long does Adderall stay in your system (urine drug test)?
- Adderall vs Vyvanse - What's the difference between them?
- Modafinil vs Adderall: What's the difference?
- Focalin vs Adderall: What's the difference?
- Ritalin vs Adderall: What is the difference?
- Concerta vs Adderall - What's the difference between them?
- Strattera vs Adderall: What is the difference?
- Adderall Information for Consumers
- Adderall Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Adderall (detailed)