How long does Adderall stay in your system (urine drug test)?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 22, 2020.
The half life of Adderall is approximately 10 hours. This means that every 10 hours, half of the previous amount of Adderall in the body leaves your body.
For example, if you took 10mg of Adderall at 12AM (midnight), at 10AM 5mg of Adderall will be left in your body. At 8PM, 2.5mg will be left, and so forth until there is 0mg left in your body. As a guide it takes approximately 5.5 half lives for a drug to be out of your system.
For Adderall then it would take just over 2 days for a dose to be out of your system. (5.5 x 10 = 55 hours - which is just over 2 days). You should allow for longer (7 days) if you have taken Adderall frequently and at high doses.
Related Medical Questions
- Adderall vs Vyvanse - What's the difference between them?
- Modafinil vs Adderall: What's the difference?
- Focalin vs Adderall: What's the difference?
- Ritalin vs Adderall: What is the difference?
- Concerta vs Adderall - What's the difference between them?
- Strattera vs Adderall: What is the difference?
- How is Mydayis different from Adderall XR?
- Can Adderall cause constipation?
- Is Adzenys XR-ODT the same as Adderall XR?
- Adderall Information for Consumers
- Adderall Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Adderall (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Adderall (330 questions, 2026 members)