User Reviews for Ritalin

7.1

Summary of Ritalin reviews 7.2 132 reviews

Reviews for Ritalin

Dickandjane · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 11, 2019

For Narcolepsy "I started on Ritalin for narcolepsy at 10mg twice a day. Did not keep me awake. Went to 20mg twice a day still didn't work well. 30 mg twice a day is working well. I feel so much better and I'm more active than I have been in years."

Princess · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 9, 2019

For ADHD "I'm 47 year old female and I was diagnosed with ADD and a few other illnesses after my only child was murdered. I am on 20mg 3 times a day, I have found that Ritalin works the best for me on staying focused and keeping my head together and not all over the place. It's not a 100% cure all but I can tell a difference for the good. The only bad experience I had was when I ran out and didn't have them for 3 days and it caused me to go through withdrawal. That wasn't a pleasant experience so I make sure I fill them on time and take them like I'm supposed to."

Ranger · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 4, 2019

For ADHD "39 years old. Battled with ADHD unknowingly my entire life. Turned to alcohol before getting diagnosed as this would help me deal with constantly being wired for sound! Unfortunately this also caused my liver enzymes to go out of whack. Stopped drink, this led to depression which lead to psychological treatment and ADHD was diagnosed. So gutted I have been so late to get diagnosed and get treatment. Ritalin has changed my life. I am focused and organised for the first time ever."

College student July 31, 2019

For ADHD "Adderall and Ritalin allow me to use my intelligence for what I need it for, instead of it being dispersed on 40 tasks at once."

Omaha · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

For ADHD "I am a 25 year old Male that works in the Health Field. I have had ADHD my whole life and started taking this medication to help get my life in order and to help get all of my thoughts together. This pill is amazing for organization and for getting tasks done that need to be completed. I have no complaints with this medications regarding how effective it was at treating my ADHD and increasing my focus. The reason that I scored this medication on the lower spectrum is because when I was taking this medicine I would get severe headaches. The headaches would happen 30 minutes into taking the medication. The headaches were not ordinary headaches. It felt as if I was going to have a brain aneurysm. Highly recommend this medication to people that do not experience severe headaches while taking it."

Jadey June 28, 2019

For ADHD "First off, it was horrible for me. I will never go back to Ritalin ever again. I was on 10mg of Ritalin and it lasted around 2 hours. It was the weirdest experience. I felt simultaneously euphoric, jittery and stimulated, but also lazy and just wanted to sleep (???). It did give me a strong boost of energy which lasted throughout the day. After 2 hours was when things got really bad. I guess this is the 'crash'. It made me horribly depressed, anxious, and filled with rage. The anxiety was so bad that every single thing I set eyes on would trigger me, like looking at the laundry basket filled with laundry. I also felt extremely anti-social and didn't want to talk to anyone, not even my husband. Finally towards the end of the night I would return to my normal self again, but you can imagine the emotional roller-coaster I experienced the entire day. I tried to brush it off and chalked it down to stress. But looking back now, I am 100% certain that it was all due to the Ritalin."

FIRSTTIMER · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

For ADHD "Went on Ritalin for the first time today and I hated it. Took 5mg at 8:30am and then another 5mg at 12:30pm. Within an hour of taking both times I was falling asleep at my desk and had to follow up with a coffee to stay awake. I didn’t feel as though it made me anymore alert or focused. The second pill I took after an hour and a half I felt hot and my heart rate increased. I did notice it suppressed my appetite for 3 hours. In the afternoon I suffered severe irritability, to the point where I was yelling at colleagues then suffered what I believe was a panic attack. Felt not on control, was crying uncontrollably. I forced myself to work out so I could work the Ritalin out of my system. Horrible :("

Susan · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

For ADHD "I've always known that I battled with either ADD or ADHD since childhood. I never bothered to get formally diagnosed, but if left untreated it results in severe anxiety and depression. Due to this I lost my job and realised that it was affecting the quality of life. I got assessed and diagnosed at the age of 43 with Adult ADHD - severe. I was really scared to take the Ritalin because of the bad reputation it has but the difference was immediate. I feel calm, at piece, no more anxiety, can focus. It is life changing. Side effects minimum. I think this med is demonized unnecessary. I have my life back."

Cogito Ergo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 7, 2019

For ADHD "I am a 33 y.o. male. After years of cycling through pretty much all antidepressants on the market, including SSRIs, SNRIs and tricyclics, I was starting to get desperate and hopeless and ready to give up on my life. I was stoked to encounter a diligent psychiatrist who concluded that my suffering was caused by untreated ADHD. I have been prescribed with Ritalin. This medication saved my career, my relationship, and my life in general. My mind is clear, my anxiety and depression resolved. I am no longer hopeless about my future, and I finally managed feel joy of living. Compared to my experience with antidepressants, I feel very natural and "myself". I can experience a full range of emotions again. The side effects are minimal, especially compared to antidepressants. Looking in retrospect at my life and getting a bit more educated about ADHD, I have realised that all my past struggles made perfect sense - I was misdiagnosed and treated with wrong medications for a very long time."

Jess · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 14, 2019

"I suffer from Anxiety and depression and while antidepressants worked I still didn’t have any motivation or drive, my dr wanted me to try taking Ritalin in addition to my regular medication. For me it made a huge difference, life changing. I’m a 44 yr old female and I haven’t felt this good since before I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I take 10 mg of short acting twice a day and usually don’t need it on weekends. I’m so thankful this worked for me."

Ketapang · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 11, 2019

For ADHD "I've been taking methylphenidate (Ritalin) for years and it helps but l must take Tylenol with it or l get a headache. I'm more focused and energetic. Not wiping away my ADD 100% but it works on many levels."

Luc · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2019

For ADHD "After trying Dexedrine and having a few unpleasant side effects my doctor had me try Ritalin. I was on it for about 2 weeks before I decided I wasn't going to take it anymore. Severe depression, increased anxiety and worsened general ADHD symptoms were the norm on this drug for me."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2019

For ADHD "I'm a mid fifties male that recently started taking Ritalin. I've been on it for about 3 months now and really like the changes. The ability to stay on task is amazing. I take the immediate release 2x per day (10mg/pill). It takes about 30 minutes for the effects to kick in, but it is subtle. Each dosage lasts about 4 hours hours. I take the first pill around 800am and the second at 1pm. I take it Monday - Friday, and sometimes on weekends, if I have a project I'd really like to get completed. At this point, I haven't experienced any noticeable side effects. Yes, it does kill your appetite during the 4 hour cycle, but it does return quickly thereafter. For anyone looking for the best vitamin/supplement for improved productivity due to ADHD, just go to your doctor and take something that's proven effective and regulated by the FDA."

JasonWlker34 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2018

For ADHD "Struggled for many years. Tried all the wrong meds. Started Ritalin and works fine for me. I do have high blood pressure so it does affect me when Ritalin wears off but feel 90% better."

Anonymous November 7, 2018

For ADHD "I'm 54 yrs old and recently started taking 10mg once a day, 5x a week (usually weekdays). After years of talking about projects and ideas, it is now quite easy to get and stay on task. It's not like I didn't get things done before, but now I am motivated to complete tasks. In the past, most projects that required any substantial amount of time to complete would immediately be put on the back burner. Now I feel motivated to see them through. In the past I would self-medicate with large amounts of coffee, but that only lasted for so long. Now, I have switched to Decaf and take medication once I get to the office. My dosage is minimal at this point and have a follow-up to see where I'm at in regards to possibly changing the dosage in a couple weeks. With my dosage (immediate release) I can tell the medication is kicking in as I start to feel warmer. That takes about 30 minutes. As others have stated, this dosage last about 4-5 hours. So far so good."

Red · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 5, 2018

For ADHD "I think a lot more clearer. I feel normal on it. I love Ritalin"

Petunia · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2018

For ADHD "I'm 41 years old and just started Ritalin extended release 3 weeks ago. I have Sleep Apnea and have a lifelong history of daytime fatigue that wasn't being helped by the CPAP. After talking to my doctor about that and other symptoms I began treatment for ADHD. The first week I had some insomnia but noticed immediately that I was more awake during the day and getting a lot more done. I still felt tired at times but nothing like before where I was literally ready to collapse by mid afternoon. It also suppressed my appetite a bit which I need. I'm only taking 18mg in the morning. Week 3 I don't feel it's working quite as well and insomnia has subsided. Pretty sure we need to tweak the dosage."

Yooji · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2018

For Narcolepsy "I was recently diagnosed with narcolepsy after a sleep study. I was nearly passing out while driving so often that it was hindering my life. I couldn't play with my 3 year old, and I couldn't clean or take care of myself. After a bad experience with Nuvigil, I was prescribed ritalin, and I take 15mg 2x a day. I am happier, I can drive and spend time with my daughter without having to lay down every hour. I'm able to do my college course work without putting it off until the last moment. Ritalin has changed my life."

“Sleepy-all-the-time” · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2018

For Narcolepsy "I have narcolepsy w/cataplexy and was prescribed Ritalin. Doc started me on a low dose to be taken twice day. The first 2 days I felt awake & alert, didn’t nap till 4:30 pm. After that, I just got sleepy. Never had that get-up-and-go like those first few days. Now after being on it for over a month, about 15 min after dosing I’m falling asleep. Literally head bobbing. I nap off and on all day long like before I was on Ritalin or I feel sick. I also notice that my chronic pain is heightened. Everything seems magnified on live wire. My eyes hurt, I’m more sensitive to light & have daily headaches on top of my chronic migraines. I finally see my neurologist tomorrow & hopefully he’ll have an alternative plan for me."

o4marie · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 23, 2018

For ADHD "I’ve been on Ritalin for almost a year now, and it hasn’t been great, but at the same time it hasn’t been bad. It helps me study and focus, but once it wears off it leaves you feeling like you were a zombie the whole day. All in all, it’s okay, but it does have some side effects you should be aware of."

ncos3 July 21, 2018

For Narcolepsy "Let me start by stating that I am a 24 year old female with history of Idiopathic Hypersomnia, coarctation of the aorta and patent ductus arteriosus (PDA). I was recently in a car accident and received my second concussion. Upon visiting my neurologist for headaches/migraine complaints I brought to his attention my debilitating fatigue I've experienced since the last concussion. I've been to multiple doctors and they pushed aside this symptom. I was almost in tears when my neurologist prescribed Ritalin. Day 3: improved concentration AND more energy!. So far so good. I was worried I would have problems because of my heart conditions but it is anatomic and not rhythmic so I'm okay! He also assured this will help with weight loss which is great! Hope to continue to see great results with this medication."

Nicknameman · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2018

For ADHD "It's something that is useful. It helps me focus and gives me energy to help get my day started. The only thing that bugs me is a suppressed appetite and at times makes my depression worse until it wears off also makes my have to urinate more frequently"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 31, 2018

For ADHD "This drug has been nothing but a miracle for me. After years of suffering with concentration/attention problems and a string of failures this drug has allowed me to achieve what I want and excel in my academics and life. I take 20 - 30 mg/day 3 - 5 days a week with regular drug holidays. If you have ADHD and are suffering because of it with a history of failures in your life you won't regret getting treatment."

Miklos25 · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2018

For ADHD "I think it's a very good medication and it can helps a lot! I have been taking this drug when I was 14-15 years old and at the beginning it works well but then because I took a high dosage of Ritalin (around 60-80 mg daily) I experienced a few side effects (just like increased heart rate, weight loss and insomnia! So I stoped taking this drug and after that I have been taking Strattera (atomoxetin) for a year but that was terrible. I had insomnia so bad I couldn't sleep for 36-60 hours maybe twice a week and besides that I usually slept 3-4 hours), I also had increase hearth rate (maybe 100-130 in the morning, increase blood pressure(100/190), headache and stomach problem. So I stoped taking this medication too. Now I am 18 years old and I started to take Ritalin but not every day only when I have to learn a lot and just 10mg twice a day and I think it works very well and it has no any side effects. So I thing its a very good and useful medications just the "normal" dosage is very important!"

Kw · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 2, 2018

For ADHD "Side effect for women. I took this for 8 months and bled every day. I was in my mid 20’s and did not realize it was this pill. Even one pill of the lowest amount will cause me to spot. This is a rare condition of .07%. The bleeding was horrible and constant. I spent hundreds of dollars getting tested on my female body to see the cause. Once I realized it was the meds I stopped. Scariest time of my life!!! Be warned ladies. This could happen to you."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)