User Reviews for Vyvanse

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Vyvanse.

Binge Eating Disorder
7.8

ADHD
7.8

Summary of Vyvanse reviews 7.8 636 reviews

Reviews for Vyvanse

For Binge Eating Disorder "For 23 yrs, I tried everything to fix my severe BED/bulimia. Diets, OA, therapy, CBT, DBT, Meds, hospitals. Nothing helped. Heard about this and was VERY skeptical but after years trying to fix it on my own, actively suicidal and daily ED for hours, so try this, or kill myself. I started 30mg and was stunned! The obsession with food was lifted on day 1. I had some side effects but tapered off. I lost weight; however, that is secondary to the fact that I don’t hate myself or want to die anymore. I am now up to 60mg and if the meds become ineffective, my doc and I will discuss then. I’m hoping to build better habits/coping so in 12-18 mths, I may not need them anymore. This isn't for weight loss. It’s to be free from the obsession with food and subsequent behaviours that controlled my life. Yes the meds are expensive; however, still less than the $$ I was spending monthly on binges. I am free (future obviously undetermined) and couldn’t be happier about it."

LDB1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018

For ADHD "I have taken Adderall since I was 12 and recently changed to vyvanse about 2 years ago (I am 38years old). It is a miracle! I only take one 70mg capsule orally in the morning time. My morning starts early with three children to daycare and bus then work. And I work weekends as well. I’m able to have my fog brain for ten - twenty mins and then I can step by step get each task thru the day complete and then I am home ready for bed. I have clear thoughts and I don’t stop in the middle of five chores or jobs and get all frustrated. All positive, but I do not have insurance and my thirty qty of 70mg cost $223 with the vyvanse discount card that basically takes off $90. It is $312ish without. When I had insurance my script was was $60. I also get a lot of headaches. Adderall was just not working anymore and that was even sticking concerta in for a couple months. Thank you Vyvanse and Shire manufacturer, generic, 2023."

Shayray (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2018

For ADHD "I’ve been taking Vyvanse for three years, and I’m 18. The medication has been incredibly consistent for well over a year at 60 mg. Personally, it doesn’t affect my creativity or mood, but it did during the first couple of months while taking it. However, I started a low dose of Zoloft, and that worked brilliantly alongside Vyvanse until I faltered off a while later, and I don’t need it anymore. I’ve adopted a much more organized and confident version of myself, thanks to the drug. I have no problems sleeping."

honkerley January 9, 2018

For ADHD "I’ve been taking this med since it first came out. I believe it was 2008. But I was diagnosed when I was like 6. Nothing works, Adderall, ritalin, nothing. Either I’m a waking zombie or wired off the walls. No happy medium. Then when I was in high school I tried again, this time with vyvanse. Started at 30s, then 50s, then 60s, and finally 80s. 30- worked well, soon to grow a tolerance and stopped working after a month. 50- same thing, lasted a little longer this time, dry mouth occasionally. About 3 months 60- awesome. My happy medium. Dry mouth of course, drink a lot of water. Carry gum lol, I never lost sleep (results may vary) 80- I was a zombie. Depressed. Not depressed. I didn’t know. Everything was a dream. No one needs this."

25 yr old. (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2018

For ADHD "Vyvanse when I first started was great until the 4th week into taking the medication. I am in the marching band, and during one of the performances, I noticed that I started having trouble breathing. I had previous reactions similar to this when taking other medications such as adderal. After the performance I went to tell my coach that something was really wrong. I thought I was going crazy, turns out I had a bad reaction to the medication and It caused me to have a really bad anxiety attack to the point in which I was screaming, and accidentally punched my coach. This medication is not for everyone."

Freaked out teen (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2017

For ADHD "Just on my first full month of taking 30mg a day of Vyvanse. I only got diagnosed with ADHD at 50. The difference this drug has made to my life is simply unbelievable. My Doctor told me that if I did indeed have ADHD I would notice a difference on the first day of taking Vyvanse and boy he was not kidding! I have a clarity of thought I have never known in my life, not just a focus but an ability to think things out logically and complete task. I start one thing, finish it then turn my attention to the next task. Just remember, work with this drug push yourself a little when needed."

Daveaus December 27, 2017

For ADHD "I recently returned to ADD meds after many years off and was put on 20mg of Vyvanse. It does help me focus very well and makes me kind of fearless professionally and socially. Unfortunately, it really doesn't motivate me which stinks. It also doesn't help much with my creativity - I wouldn't be able to solve a complex problem any easier on Vyvanse. Does work for a LONG time - well over 14 hours - and seriously trashes my sleep quality. I don't take Vyvanse on the weekends to reset my brain. I can eat if I think about it, but I can also go much longer without eating. Vyvanse is very smooth - no big highs or crashes. Pretty decent ADD med."

Fruit Is Evil (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

For ADHD "My son who is 7 has been taking 20mg for over 1.5 yrs. At first it seemed to really help. School work was going great. His teacher could tell a huge difference. But the last 6 month it's going down hill... emotional, headaches, crying over anything even spilled milk literally. Can't sleep. He's totally a changed boy for the bad. And his doctor won't change. I'm thinking his body just got use to the medicine."

Calgirl December 9, 2017

For Binge Eating Disorder "So far, so good. I'm not having any side effects but dry mouth which I combat with gum. The medication makes me almost completely disinterested in food so I am being very careful with meal planning to make sure that I eat enough and the right foods. I've lost 11 lbs this month. I'll probably only use the medication long enough to really change my eating habits and the get off of it but it really does work. Its more than the binge eating though. This medication makes me feel very positive and I'm pretty sure has prevented the deaths of a couple of coworkers lol. I'll miss that part!"

TC8951 December 8, 2017

For ADHD "First off I have to just say that I was on ritalin before I started vyvanse. Ritalin was awesome for about 4 weeks and then did the complete opposite making me depressed, horrible comedowns and downright stopped working. I've started vyvanse 30 mg and this is the third day I have taken it. It has made me really depressed and I've been crying uncontrollably. I don't know if I should keep going and play with my dosage to see a change with dopamine or go on antidepressants. Advice highly appreciated"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

For ADHD "I feel like I’m being a little generous by giving Vyvanse a 3 because it does work to some degree, but I have very unpleasant side effects from it. My doctor finally switched me to generic Adderall IR-thank God-and it’s fantastic. I must be abnormal with how I digest Vyvanse or something because I find it far more potent, and not in a good way. It gives me serious dry mouth, diahrrea, anxiety, excessive sweating, and depression. The effect was different almost everyday: some days were okay, a lot were terrible, and a few were good. It muted most of my emotions except a general sense of discomfort. But I could focus when it didn’t make me depressed. On the hand, Adderall IR is a cake walk and I feel great in general."

Mikey89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2017

For ADHD "I was only recently diagnosed with ADHA, in Australia this product is listed at a reduced price (pbs) at $31.00 (aud) sadly if you have been diagnosed over the age of 18 the price of vyvanse sits at $113 being over the age of 18 I have to pay full price, financially un-viable I had to research other products to see which product(‘s) were under the Australian pbs, the only product that is listed under the pbs for people diagnosed over 18 is ‘dexamphetamine’ which I am about to start, if the product was more affordable I would not be changing over"

Over 18 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

For ADHD "My experience with the drug is somewhat unclear to me. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 23, I'm 24 now. In that time I have trialled a series of drugs. Atomoxetine, Methylphenidate and now Vyvanse. Out of the lot, I would say this one has probably been the best. However, as time progressed I felt the effects of the medication deteriorate which is sad and frustrating. It almost feels like it only ups my mood (not tackle symptoms). However, the first time I took it was amazing. My ability to concentrate was unbelieveable! I felt a strong sense of motivation/confidence in what I had produced. Sadly this was limited and the positive effects began to deteriorate as time progressed. I will never forget the first period though, it was liberating"

Zak 2 November 10, 2017

For Binge Eating Disorder "I’ve been on Vyvanse for 6 months and have slowly increased from 20mg to 40mg. I’ve lost 24 pounds and plan to lose more. I had the hardest time changing my eating habits after pregnancy and continued to eat more than I should have. I gained the 34 pounds back that I had lost after giving birth to my son. I ate large portions and didn’t realize it until after it was gone. Vyvanse has changed my eating habits much more than I expected. I eat very little and when I look at food, nothing looks appetizing not even crackers. I’ve started to experience issues with anxiety and depression and am worried that it is being brought on by Vyvanse as anxiety and agitation are side effects. Vyvanse works but listen to your body for signs of trouble!"

Kp9 November 7, 2017

For ADHD "No problem, never really felt high or speedy. When I didn't take it I was very disorganized and couldn't focus. I find that when it is out of my system after 12 hours I am extremely tired. I take trazone 50 mg. for sleep also really hard to get going in the morning. After the vyvanse kicks in I'm ok at about 8 after taking it at 6am. I do take xanax 1 mg. with it."

bessie nurse November 3, 2017

For ADHD "I take vyvanse 30mg for binge eating and ADHD. I started taking it because I noticed that my binge eating was worsening. I am a very active 55yr old woman who works out 4-5 days a week. Weight lifting etc, also my job is physically demanding. I starting taking 50mg 1st for about 6mo. I lost 20lbs I could barely eat. I started to notice I was getting cramps in my legs. All the time I have worked out I never had these issues. So I lowered to 30mg. I am not getting horrible cramps all the time in my joints and arthritis in my hands. I realize that age does play a factor but its my shoulders too, I just ache all over at nighttime. And my eating has cut down but I tend to now just want to eat sugary and high carb foods. Kind of like a druggie."

chrissypoo123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2017

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have suffered silently for about 35 years with Binge eating disorder (BED). My weight has gone up and down but in 2015 I lost 45 lbs.(was having health issues) to reach my current weight of 130. But I struggled to keep it off. At the same time I was having difficulty concentrating and completing tasks. My Dr. thought I had ADD and prescribed vyvanse. It helped with those symptoms BUT the real surprise came when I no longer was obsessed with food. I didn't even know it was prescribed for BED! It is life changing for me. A miracle really. I even sleep better at night. I had few episodes of a panicked feeling initially but they have gone away. I feel normal now and my only fear is that someday it will be taken off the market."

Deb C. (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2017

For ADHD "After taking Vyvanse 50mg for 4 months for adult ADHD, felt on top of the world but instead I became manic and had an episode that my wife is using to divorce me and keep me separated from my daughter. I've not taken it for 2 months now."

4Pren (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2017

For ADHD "baby4 do you think you maybe clenching your jaw throughout the day? I have trouble with that. My dentist recommended a certain type of mouthguard (not the kind used for sports) but I never tried it..."

Jnice21 September 19, 2017

For Binge Eating Disorder "My mouth and teeth hurts so bad. I am on 70 mg I ask the doctor he did not know and my dentist he didn't know. At bedtime I Am Still In Pain"

Baby 4 September 10, 2017

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have struggled with binge eating disorder for close to 30 years. I have tried everything- therapy, eating disorder outpatient program, DBT BED program, and the struggle is still brutal from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. When I started Vyvanse at 20 mg, it literally felt like a miracle. That obsessive voice in my head that thinks about food non-stop was quiet. I have tried several other medications for BED that did nothing. I was so excited- I was telling everyone that I felt normal for the first time. And then it stopped working about a week and a half ago. I am absolutely devastated. I asked my doctor to increase my dosage and am hoping that will help."

IEODL September 8, 2017

For ADHD "I have been taking Vyvanse for 4 years now and I have been on the same dose of 30mg for severe ADHD. A lot of people have trouble staying on the same dose and need to increase because they get used to the drug. Just a tip: take as needed and when you feel the effects wearing off? Drink a one-shot espresso drink NOT an energy drink. Overall, if you are looking for a good ADHD medication I would recommend either Focalin OR Vyvanse. Best of luck!"

kayyyyyyy September 5, 2017

For ADHD "WARNING: Majority of the positive reviews for this drug are from people that are new to Vyvanse and problem is that this drug works wonders at start but benefits quickly starts to diminish and side effects start to get worse. I took vyvanse for two years and at first it worked great for ADD. However after taking it consistently for few months I started experiencing anxiety, depression, aggressiveness, anti social behavior, insomnia and isolation... things I never experienced before in my life. The drug is also very addictive because if you stop you feel 100x worse then before you started taking it but the longer you take it the higher dosage you need to get same effect. Eventually it stops working and you just need it to get out of bed."

Truth2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2017

For ADHD "My son is ten yrs old, has been taking Vyvanse for about one month. He has developed a dry constant cough. It work great for his ADHD but this cough is annoying constant and can't seem to stop it . "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

For ADHD "A client who is a psychiatrist recommended that I go in for testing. After 3 days of tests & my history the Dr. concluded I have suffered from ADHD most of my life & I've developed coping mechanisms to get me through but the untreated issue was contributing to my depression & social anxiety. Vyvanse is the most amazing thing to happen to my life, I feel normal for the first time ever! I'm productive, healthy, focused, active, and social. I had to stop taking it for a 1yr due to insurance issues & during that time I gained an unhealthy amount of weight, was depressed, binge eating, and completely lost. Since back on it, I've realized that it's not something I should be removed from my lifestyle if I want to remain happy and healthy."

angelica_doll August 23, 2017