User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 547 reviews 36 medications

7.8
Binge Eating Disorder 45 reviews 1 medications

7.7
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 592 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "My son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 7, we tried adderall for a while, the patch, but he didn't like them. Finally we found Vyvanse. He is 10 years old now prescribed two 10mg pills/day but he takes only takes one in the morning because he was having side effects (lip licking, finger playing). This pill has seriously changed our life's, if you are a parent wondering whether or not to use medication JUST TRY IT. We used to sit for hours after school trying to get home work done. His teacher would tell me he is not completing work and distracting other students. He was falling behind in school and now he is caught up and receiving awards."

Angela Lawrence (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I got diagnosed about a month ago with ADHD I also have GAD, depression and severe migraines. I was very disorganized, didn't finish tasks, depressed, super anxious, I would try to talk to someone and my mind was else where and had no idea what they were saying. I started vyvanse 30mg, it helped for about a week for all my symptoms even my migraines! I could sleep like a baby at night. After that it helped in the morning, in the afternoon I would feel depressed like I could cry at anything, the anxiety was still gone, but everything else came back including the daily headaches. My Dr switched me to 60mg I hope it lasts longer then the 30mg, so far so good it's only been 2 days. I'd recommend it."

First ADD medication (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I've been on Vyvanse a few years and I remember the exact moment I realized it kicked in. Out of the blue I thought "oh my goodness" is this what normal feels like. My main reason for this post is in reading here I've noticed a couple of people have mentioned the expense. If you go to Vyvanse website you can get a savings card, the card brings the cost to $30:)"

Weimie (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "I am on my 3rd week - first two at 20 mg and now upped to 40. Should be at 60 (max) after the next follow up with my doctor at the end of week 4. I'm 45 and have struggled since the age of 8 with weight and depression. I get by - it's like I'm a high functioning depressed person who works her ass off to try and be healthy and happy. I was tired and broken when my doctor suggested this drug. Her daughter has similar issues so obviously it's personal for her too to understand people with these issues. My experience has been great - I don't feel the urge to binge and my appetite is suppressed. I feel hungry when I should and don't overeat. I love the feeling of being alert. I work hard and these meds have helped me immensely."

SophieJ May 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I have been taking ADHD medications for about 10 years and vyvanse is by far my favorite. I take 50mg of vyvanse as needed. I always feel very productive when taking it and It really helps me focus and get things done without the procrastination. Although, it does what it is supposed to do I do have a few side effects that prevent me from taking it everyday. I have a history with anxiety/depression and this medicine brings back some of those symptoms. Also, I tend to be a perfectionist when I take the medicine. I catch myself taking longer to take exams and redoing my makeup or hair or brushing my teeth more than once simply because I feel like it isn't just right. Also I am more isolated and less social when I take the pill."

kinb May 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Tolerance builds slower than Adderall and other instant release stimulants, but still builds fast. Lasts a good 12-14 hours as well, just make sure you don't take more than you should because when your tolerance builds you're pretty much done with."

samsdb May 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I've been on Vyvanse for 2 years. I started on 50mg. I was on that dose for about 6 months, tapered down to 30mg for a few months, and found a happy medium at 40mg. 50mg was too strong and 30mg was too weak. I have a pretty severe case of ADD. For an adult, I never thought ADD would be an issue. I finally saw my doctor who prescribed me Vyvanse. Vyvanse was the first pill I've ever taken for my ADD and it's seriously improved my life immensely. Biggest side effects for me are increased anxiety, OCD tendencies, insomnia, and frequent mood issues after taking it. The ultimate biggest con for me is price. My insurance pays very little. It's around $250 per month."

12ADDult12 May 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My son is 14 and has always been super sensitive to these meds- he was diagnosed at 6 ADHD. We started with concerta- he lost 11 lbs in 5 weeks. We switched to a slow release methylphenidate. At Christmas, it was felt that maybe he needed something different- his last increase didn't seem to be helping. That's when we started vyvanse. I have seriously mixed feelings about this drug. There is some control of the hyperactivity component but he's grouchier, more argumentative and not really more productive. Is it age and adolescence?"

Salmon head (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "First i want to say that everyone is different and not everyone reacts the same to medication. I started with Concerta, it didn't work for me at all. I didn't feel like myself, it took over my personality and I started to have heavy anxiety, panic attacks, anti social and paranoia. Then I got Vyvance and its life changing, It doesn't feel like I'm on a prescription. It's more a tool that helps me get through everyday life. I'm much calmer, I can concentrate on one thing at the time. I get so much more done and I feel like I'm in peace with my mind. My patience has improved, I'm less impulsive and I can sit for a long time straight without feeling bubbly or restless. Side effect- Dry mouth, no appetite. But EAT and eat smart, it gets back."

26y/o woman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I've been on vyvanse for about 2 days now and I can't believe the difference from the other two medications I've tried. (Adderall and Focalin) I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago, I was not diagnosed when I was younger, which would've have really explained a lot. First I tried adderall, it didn't do much but make me a bit irritable, and still not focusing was on 50mg a day 30mg in the morning and a 20mg in the afternoon, and I didn't notice a thing. Next was the generic of Focalin, which dild absolutely NOTHING! With vyvanse I feel like I can concentrate on one thing at a time, and not have the urge to start 10 other things. My doctor put me on 70 mg in the morning, it's a bit of a slow start, but once it doesn't its a very productive"

Delorian88 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "I started what I thought was my weight loss journey at 404 pounds. That was not my biggest but my biggest since my last weight loss adventure. I started with phetermine, ($15 a month). I live in Ohio, so I could only be on it for 3 months as it is a state law that mandates use. I went down to 343. I was put on belviq for 2 months, $80 a month. I gained 10 pounds and was binge eating like crazy. I told my doctor about it and we figured out it was BED. So I was put on Vyvanse, $35 a month. I am 2 weeks in and I lost what I assume is some water weight, and I stopped binging, I've also gotten a lot of energy, and I focus real well now. I'm on 30mg. Hopefully when I go back in 2 weeks I'll be back down a few pounds."

The person (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "This medicine may help but if I missed a day, or tried to get off it completely, worst experience ever. It's basically pharmaceutical meth, try older meds like dexatrin or Ritalin. Vyvanse withdrawals are awful so once you're on it it's hard to get off"

Christicroo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Today was my first day on this medication (30mg). I am 27 year old female, diagnosed at 14 with ADHD. I was prescribes dexies when diagnosed and because of the strength of the narcotic, I wasn't able to continue them and chose to find alternative ways to deal with my ADHD. As a full time university student and a single mother, I find it difficult to stay focused and keep up with my daily routine. I felt completely overwhelmed recently to the point I would procrastinate and nothing would get done. That in itself caused me anxiety. It was triggered because of that fact I am dealing with a custody battle and that issue has consumed my attention, and felt because of that I was unable to do the things I needed to accomplish. So far so good."

Ashleigh Michelle April 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "First - diagnosis is mild ADHD. 11 years old. 50mg. Our experience with my son and vyvanse. He was on this medication for approximately 9 months. For the first few weeks, he was sort of hyperfocused and had difficulty with transitioning from a task if he was fixated on it. He transitioned well to middle school and achieved great grades. However, he lost a lot of weight. About 15lbs. He had horrible insomnia. He slowly became very emotional and depressed in the afternoons and evenings. We decided to stop the medication. Within weeks he was back to himself and his doctor advised him to stay off the medication."

Jane672017 April 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My 8 year old was diagnosed with ADHD this year. We tried a non-stimulant first (guanfacine) but it didn't work plus she was soo sleepy on this. Switched to 30mg of Vyvanse and instantly her grades & school performance increased. She also plays sports and has improved due to better focus. We constantly had to yell out into the softball field to "be ready" prior to the medication. Now, she's always ready to go. Side effects to begin were insomnia for about 3 days. Dr. suggested 2mg of melatonin which worked fine. We did melatonin for 2 days then she was back to falling asleep on her own. Weight loss is also an issue. She's down about 6 lbs but she's tall 4' 7" and weighed 94 lbs. I don't give it to her on the weekend and she eats ok"

Desiq (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I have been on Vyvanse for about 10 months. It is an amazing drug to reduce distraction, calm the hyper/distractable me and just enjoy life a bit better. The only downside for me are two things: firstly, the afternoon crash can suck. I often am left feeling a little anxious or irritated. The other thing, and probably the more annoying side affect, is that is does impact my sleep. To minimize these side affects, here are my tips that work for me: 1) stop drinking coffee or other stimulants. 1b) wait until you are properly awake before you take it... 2) don't drink on medication days. 3) schedule your diet and stick with it. 4) exercise in the morning (before taking it). 5) have your no medication / chill days."

Redford32 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "I've been struggling with Nighttime Eating Syndrome for years now. NES is a Eating disorder that causes u to binge in the middle of the night. This disorder is not only bad bcuz you consume most to all of your calories while everyone's asleep, you also gain more weight when you eat at night, and you wake up in the morning feeling unrested and guilty. I've been on this medication already and stopped taking it because of the trouble sleeping. It's a catch 22 because my binging happens at night. Taking the meds at night keeps me up. I do love the energy and lack of wanting to stuff my face with food at night. I'm gonna hang in there and see if I can take my dose slightly earlier so that I'm not peaking at 10pm."

Sibenbel (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I was on Vyvance for just under 1 year. It worked really well. However as the year went on my mouth got dryer and dryer, until I could only eat soft foods. I talked to the Doctor and I went off them in the middle of January. About 3 weeks ago I started a new med called AdderallXR and I can feel my mouth is starting to dry but not like the Vyvance. While in the USA I found some mini "brush on the go" toothbrushes made by Colgate, called Wisp Max Fresh. With dryness my teeth always feel like I have a film on them. Today I used one of the brushes and and it really made my teeth and the dryness feel better. No need for water or rinsing. Maybe I can cut down on the gum and candy. We'll see!"

grammaDebbi March 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "Well I was just prescribed vyvanse today for Binge eatin disorder (BED) and I'd have to say I'm pretty excited. For me I can be very conscious about trying not to eat but I always cave and eat until I'm sick, especially at night. I have 6 more days of 30 mg and then 60 days of 50 mg. I'd have to say after the first day I'm very excited and hopeful as I did eat normal meals and enjoyed them, however I feel no urge to eat the snacks that I don't need."

Sevvy March 25, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I've been on vyvanse for about a year maybe a year and a half but damn this medication is amazing when you take it normally, I say normally because I usually only take it when I know I gotta focus so like for school, work, a project, etc but when I'm just home I don't take it. Now vyvanse has helped me so so much its just the getting the medication on time is what I struggle with, because I've noticed now that when I'm off vyvanse my ADHD is way worse like the anger and getting distracted part. Yet I don't like taking pills in general I know they do damage inside but if it works it works you know I'd rather struggle with the medication than have to deal with ADHD alone."

Ezm14 March 21, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My son is 6 they started him off on Concerta he seemed fine we had minimal complaint the only downside is everyday around 7 he would be in moods over silly things, but it would pass. Now the Vayvanse had him in "HULK" mode as he would describe it. He was very snappy and angry and became aggressive with the kids at school, (which was never an issue before). I hated that stuffed. I'm beginning to realize that finding the right meds is going to be a HUGE task."

Just mom (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "After a few days on vyvance I started sleeping only 2-4 hours a night, then my doctor raised my dosage, now I was on 30 mg. And then a few weeks pass and I started to get really aggressive, yelling at people when I got just a little mad (like if someone accidentally bumped into me while walking down the hallway) And if that wasn't bad enough, I still couldn't focus in school. and the longer I took it the worse my sleep pattern got. I started staying up about 40 hours at a time and sleeping for about 8 hours, And then finally my parents decided to take action and take me off of it. it took me about 7 months to get back to sleeping on a regular schedule"

sallygally (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "When I was put on Lisdexamfetamine within a month of first taking it everything has improved. Things I would not normally do. I did my daily tasks, showing interest in things, my impulsiveness movement has slowed down, my thoughts slowed down and I can sit down and talk to people and hold a conversation with people. A big thing that this medication has is the fat ingredient so I am now 11 stone as I was previously 9 stone so a big improvement. Within a month in everything as a person so this medication is a big thing in my life and feel the doctor has made the correct choice. I would recommend it to anyone who ADHD like me and if they are on it you will see improvement like i have big time!."

Jay Sas March 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I had good grades. I could concentrate. But, I became very aggressive. I had to stop taking."

jacobfhoke (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My 9 yr old son started vyvanse two weeks ago (lowest dosage) and we saw positive results right away. In addition to ADHD he has a writing disorder and will literally sit and stare at his paper for hours because he can't get his thoughts written out. The first day he tried vyvanse he took it in the morning and then came home from school and without being asked he finished his book (25 pages) and then sat down and wrote a 2.5 page book report! I have not noticed a change in his appetite and he has only experienced some minor sleep issues but it does not seem to really bother him. Testing has shown my son to be highly intelligent but his grades do not reflect that - I finally have hope that he can reach his potential!"

Mom with Hope (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017