User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 515 reviews 36 medications

7.9
Binge Eating Disorder 34 reviews 1 medications

7.6
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 549 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "I have to give Vyvanse a solid 10. I asked my Dr to switch me from Adderall instant release 20mg 2x a day to Vyvanse and in my honest opinion this was the best decision I made. Vyvanse helps me focus, more motivation, feels more subtle which I absolutely love. Adderall for some reason made me feel like a different person, but with vyvanse I feel like myself still which is great. It is really long lasting, I don't know or understand how people say it only last for a few hours when in my experience it last a good 12-13 hrs. In fact I heard people say it loses potency after 4 hours or so but in my experience I think it actually increases. But this is just my experience, and maybe metabolism aswell but anyway I hope this is helpful for others."

GalactikJ January 16, 2017

For ADHD "Ok so I'm 18 I'm have been taking these for a little under a year and it keeps you very attentive specially because I have school and after school activities along with homework. It does help you focus although it suppresses my appetite a little too much I try to force myself to eat but it seems like I can't. I have a loss about 25 pounds and went from a size 8 to a 4 in jeans because of this medication. I don't know if anyone else experienced this but it won't allow me to keep food or fluids in my system I continue to run to the bathroom all night and all day sometimes even at four in the morning. But for the most part it's a good product for what it's used for."

Ms.ny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2017

For ADHD "Vyvanse has been a fantastic medication. It is far better than other medications that I have tried. It last all day and when you take the right dose you don't notice it kicking in and you don't notice it when it wears out. I take it first thing in the morning at 5-6. I was taking 20 mg and that seemed to work well. I am currently on a two week trial with 30 mg to see if this works better. This is a medication where it works best when you find the sweet spot. Just because you don't notice an initial buzz does not mean it does not work. The other very important factor is caffeine . This should be keep to a minimum as the combination will light you up . If you feel anxiety, don't have any coffee, you will. See a real change. (:"

Dman2537 January 8, 2017

For ADHD "Cons - suppresses appetite, and it sucks cause I'm already so thin! (Sz 4) Pros - increased attention, more social, and can think clearly, smoother movements.. thinking before speaking, calmer. I don't take it on weekends (job is relatively easier on weekends) and off days. ADHD (severe - combined type) I think those of you who are experiencing suicidal urges & depressive moods are more likely dealing with a much deeper issue."

ALove2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

For ADHD "I have been taking vyvanese for about 21 months. I have been taking 30 mg and will not up it. I am 63 and sought help after reading some blogs about older adults taking this to help focus and have more energy. I have never really taken any medication my whole life. I take it mainly on work days and if off or on vacation I generally don't take it. On this blog it sounds like a lot users have other issues. Anyways this medication has worked wonders for me, makes me more sociable, happy and able to continue concentrate. I work as an engineer. I follow my doctors recommendation in taking it first thing in the morning with food. It generally wears off about 4-5 pm, no sleep problem. I highly recommend for older adults but keep dose low."

Older engineer December 31, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I am using Vyance to help me lose weight.I have been on it for about 3 week. Positive: loss of appetite, doesn't make you feel jittery or nervous, more focused, increase energy.weight loss about 5# but it is the holidays. Neg: back acne (never had acne before starting) you have to make your self eat and drink, headaches at the end of the day, dry mouth, if you take to late in the day you won't be able to sleep."

Lreijm December 29, 2016

For ADHD "Felt more attentive and helped take away depression I had lived with for years."

PhillyGuy0917 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

For ADHD "Been using this medication for almost 2 years now, absolutely no side effects. Even noticed an improvement in general nervous system and HRV with the meds. Huge difference from the ritalin and concerta which gave me various allergic(increased body temps, skin issues) and "intimate" issues. No such issues with this medication. Using 60mg most of the year, but 30mg in summers, since I don't need that much when there is no requirements to what I need to get done. Lowering dose also helps with sociability for me, whereas higher doses gives me extreme focus and drive to stay on task."

notropicnootropics (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

For ADHD "Took for two months, 1 Capsule a day for my ADD. I have tried most ADHD medicines, stimulant and non- stimulant types. I was expecting a 'non event' transition, from adderall, to Dexedrine predominant Vyvanse. I have used Dexedrine and found it helpful with focus and follow through issues, with minimal side effects. Vyvanse did not turn out to be what I'd hoped for. Minimal fuss, and a stable continuation of living and treating my ADD. Vyvanse Had no similarities to Dexedrine . Felt sad, bad, and disconnected from being in the moment. Side effects did not disappear during course of treatment. Somehow a perfectly acceptable Drug ingredient, Dexedrine, became Lisdexamphetamine. The long acting formulation benefit is lost, to a imposter drug"

ccastenskiold (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have been taking vyvanse for about 6 months now. It is working really good for my binge eating disorder. I think I binged one time since taking this, and most days I consume less than 1200 calories. It hasn't taken away my appetite completely but it had decreased it by a lot. I was able to lose 17lbs and plan on losing more. The side effects for me have been dry mouth and just a slight but of agitation in the mornings but I take the pill in halves throughout the day to maximize on usefulness. I am prescribed 70mg and open the pill to add half the powder to a drink around 12pm, then eat the other half about 4. This way it will not wear off and helps me not binge all day."

Shojostar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have always struggled with compulsive eating, and have yo-yo-ed up and down my whole life. I was a relatively normal weight when I was prescribed Vyvanse, not for binge-eating disorder, but ADHD. I felt AMAZING. I had incredible focus, tons of energy, and best of all, no appetite. For the first time in my life, I never thought about food and lost 30lbs plus. But it wore off earlier and earlier, so I was given bigger doses. Then the mania started. No sleep, my mind whirling all day, my behavior manic and crazy. I came off, and immediately gained 60lbs, turned into a zombie. The pharmaceutical stress this drug put on my body brought on tons of illnesses that are chronic and i now live with 6 years later. NOT WORTH IT. Disaster drug."

Scribler16ooo December 6, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have several BED signs. ie-hiding my food intake, feeling extreme guilt over it. I hide food from my husband as I am very ashamed of my 45lb weight gain over the past two years. I feel too that I have a serious addiction to food, particulary sugar. I eat a lotta lotta food In my waking hrs (& middle of night.) i dont eat enough in one sitting to make me feel ill. My psychiatrist prescribed vyvanse 20mg a yr ago. I took it for several days two seperate times but was anxious as anything, mind racing, sleepless so I stopped. But i have become desperate & further out of control w/ my eating. I am a week in at 20mg. All the same side effects as before. Am sticking with it & hoping for a major decrease in these behaviors"

TaniaLynnK December 2, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I come from longggg longggg line of a very overweight family. Besides one cousin I'm the only one that never became morbidly obese, but I've found I've severely struggled since my 20's to keep weight off, especially because I binge eat, & I even sleep walk & binge when I do ! It's like your brain just doesn't seem to register that your full. My stomach can be really growling after I've had an entire pizza pie to myself ! Last week I did this until I was sick to my stomach. The next day what do I do? I just get up and eat more pizza! This particular behavior seems to run in my family. My doctor finally put me on Vyvanse 30mg starting. 2 days in. Feeling overall more alert, and not food obsessed completely...so not sure yetttttt."

FromAFatFamily (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

For ADHD "When I first started on Vyvanse (30 mg) I thought it was a miracle. I was social, energetic, and losing a lot weight. After about 6 months on it (40 mg) things started to change, I began having horrible crashes where I would experience depression, OCD type behavior, and thoughts of suicide. Trying to get off it it brought about terrible withdrawal symptoms; I gained a lot of weight, was lifeless, and extremely depressed. I really wish I never started this drug. I noticed a lot of people loving this drug have only been on it for a short amount of time, so come back and update your review when you have taken it for 6 months to a year. The rebound affect of stopping it has been awful."

Very Dangerous Drug (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2016

For ADHD "I started with 20 mg and it was great but after 5h I felt that I lost effect of medicine. Doctor ordered 40 mg instead and I felt depressed. Instead i'm taking 20 mg elvanse 10/15 mg adderal. I have to say that this medicine is the best ever. Side effects are dry mouth and sleep problems and tired when medicine goes away from the body. If you don't eat and drink water you gonna feel bad, remember that. I recommend to take magnesium if you feel tension in your body and vitamine c before you going to sleep ( it makes that medicine goes away faster from your body). This medicine makes me focused, i do things properly done, likes to talk with other people and I feel so.. quite in my head. Before tried ritalin and concerta, worst meds."

patrini November 17, 2016

For ADHD "I suffered from severe depression and anxiety in my early teens and was prescribed Lexapro. It had no effect whatsoever. At 17 I was diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Vyvanse. This drug single-handedly solved these problems the instant the first dose kicked in. Like other patients I experienced the need to increase dosage as the effects weakened. I got up to 75mg and eventually backed down to 50mg as it was interfering with my sleep. However, unlike others this dosage has been sufficient for 4 or 5 years. This has been a wonder drug for me, but after 6 years, I'm starting to question its role in other life issues I've been having. My social anxiety is now worse than ever, and I find it difficult to remember and perform various obligations."

anon09876d (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 16, 2016

For ADHD "I have not tried any medication beside this, and I could not feel anything from 30mg or 50mg, and I do not have any hope for 70mg either right now."

Pyrr (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

For ADHD "Be careful. I was prescribed this at 20mg for my depression and ADHD last February. For the first few months it was a miracle. It took care of all my symptoms, and even obliterated my social anxiety. As the drug became less and less effective over the months though, I became more and more depressed and that's when the miracle pill suddenly became a burden. Doctor prescribed me 30mg, worked for two days, then nothing. Not to mention at that dose the crash was awful, some days I would cry over everything and wish I was dead thinking there was no point to life. That's where abuse came along. Some days I was taking up to 60mg just to feel normal (without doc's approval). Overdosed on 400mg and almost died. Be careful please, always think twice."

Jack35 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2016

For ADHD "Worst drug to alter your mind and make you crazy. Severely depressed and suicidal"

Maria CHURCH (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2016

For ADHD "Worked great for a couple of months when I first started. I've had ADD my entire life and have never felt clear minded for focus. At first when I started vyvanse I had no side effects, after a couple months of being on it my grades were up in school but I started getting tons of side effects from it. The most notable was the social anxiety from it and having a hard time talking to people. When I first got put on this drug I was able to hold conversations with everyone but then it made me super shy and introverted... So fast forward another 3 years I was still taking this drug and actually addicted to it. Everyday no matter the circumstances I would take anywhere from 30-90mg per day. Stay away from this medication if you are easily addicted"

Trinidadjames712 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2016

For ADHD "Made me psychotic, Messed up my sleep (go to bed at 5 am and wake up at noon) And the worst part is, it didn't help. Later my doctor then prescribed me adderall, then ritalin, then a bunch of others, all did the same thing then i decided to go to a holistic doctor, now i'm on synaptol (a natural "medicine") and i can now actually focus at works."

LanieMal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2016

For ADHD "My experience was probably the worst I've had so far. I lost 20 lbs with 40mg of Vyvanse. I was a healthy 145 lbs, I am now 120lbs. I had horrible diarrhea, its was so bad. I was extremely faint and dizzy. I could go without sleeping and eating for almost days. I had terrible heart fluttering feelings. However it did work great for my ADHD and also for my depression and anxiety. But, of course, I struggled with malnutrition and have been struggling so much (still) with gaining the weight back. I then had taken 30mg, but then it was not enough. Finding the right medication is such a struggle.."

Teen W. ADHD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2016

For ADHD "Was recently diagnosed ADHD 32/F. prior to this I was always told I was depressed and had gen anxiety disorder. Was put on numerous drugs (all failed) Zoloft being the latest for anxiety and it helped (150mg). Recently was put on 30mg of vyvanse (had to stop until I was pulled off Zoloft, they didn't mix well). Today's my first day on vyvanse (last night was my last dose of Zoloft) so I feel anxious and shaky. I know this will subside. For years I've always felt so exhausted because I wake up a lot at night. Today I cleaned my car, kitchen and showered all before 9am. I'm likening vyvanse so far lol. I will post at months end to give another review since I'm still in the grey from switching meds."

Danielle Ariana November 8, 2016

For ADHD "I've had Adderall, Dexedrine, and Concerta as well and this was by far the worst. I took it for nearly a year and had multiple panic attacks a day while on it and watched my personality turn from calm and timid to raging and confrontational. Switched to dexedrine and had much more success, but overall found counselling and CBT for ADHD to be infinitely better than any drug I've taken for it."

Tash12 November 4, 2016

For ADHD "I started taking Vyvanse since I was 9 after I was hyper (not being quiet in class, swearing behavior, aggressive behavior, etc. ) So I got Vyvanse in november. It worked well until when I was 14, I ended uo getting stomach pains and diarrhea every month and overnight when I eat. I am still having that every month now. I now stopped taking Vyvanse. Not taking that again."

Wazy001 November 4, 2016