User Reviews for Vyvanse

ADHD
7.7

Summary of Vyvanse reviews 7.7 672 reviews

Reviews for Vyvanse

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have been vyvanse for binge eating since April of 2018, I can’t tell you what a godsend it has become. I have completely stopped binge eating and have lost 70 lbs. I will say the first 3 weeks of being on the medication was tough as I was nauseous and couldn’t eat much except saltines, but push through it! Once it was in my system I was able to eat healthy portions. You have to get through the first 3 weeks and don’t come off it! I feel like I have my life back since taking vyvanse. I had gained a good 120 lbs over the course of two years going through a depression. I did not realize that binge eating is a medical condition until I broke down at my doctors last March. Vyvanse is the best thing to come out on the market!"

Cnc108 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2019

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD last year and was not put on vyvanse until a year later because no other medicines worked. Started out with 20 mg and the effects were immediate, I was able to apply and get accepted to my colleges of choice and have seen a significant improvement in my grades. I strongly recommend monitoring your heart rate when starting to make sure you don’t have palpitations (I did due to my use of caffeine and anxiety problems). Overall strongly recommend vyvanse as long as you take it early in the morning and avoid the use of other stimulants."

Hello (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2019

For ADHD "Vyvanse is a great alternative to Adderall XR. I don't experience any of the highs, which is awesome, just better focus and feeling more grounded. It is more costly for me but my wellbeing is more important."

LagunaGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

For ADHD "My doctor switched me from Adderall IR 20mg twice a day to Vynase once a day. It takes a long time for the Vynase to kick in, but when it does it causes tremendous dry mouth like I've never experienced. I would take it at 5am. At 10:30 I would feel dry mouth and anxiety for about an hour. On my ride home from work around 5:30pm, I got very drowsy. By 8:00pm I was extremely drowsy and would fall asleep on the couch if I sat down to watch TV. This never happened with Adderall. My overall anxiety seems better while on the Vynase. My mood also stayed relatively constant throughout the day, versus the ups and downs I feel on IR Adderall. I found that my appetite actually increased on Vynase, and I gained 8 pounds in 1 month which is unacceptable to me. Nothing else changed in my life except the medication, and I attribute the weight gain to this. Also, constipation was worse. Overall, the drowsiness and weight gain outweighed the benefits I felt from Vynase."

Minx (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

For Binge Eating Disorder "I am on my second month of daily Vyvanse 30mg for my binge eating disorder. I am happy to say it has been an absolute godsend! I haven’t had a single binge episode. Furthermore, this med has reduced my appetite to the extent that I feel like I have plenty of space to make healthy choices. I also feel much more able to take an introspective look at my behaviors and what needs to be adjusted in my life in order to maintain health and happiness. Basically I am using the gift of the time spent on this effective drug to develop healthy habits and learn how to meet my needs properly, so that I can one day live just as well without the drug. Only drawback I have noticed is there is usually some point each day where I notice a feeling of low level anxiety. Since it’s clearly coming from the med and it passes quickly, it has been easy to cope with."

Sally9678 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

For ADHD "I'm still early days (Less than 2 months in to my prescription ) and I must say it is promising. The focus this gives me is amazing, I've started on a 30MG a day prescription and since I have had so many less issues with my memory and recall as my brain feels like it is functioning at a normal rate. The side effects as it wears off are not great, as another user said, Tight jaw, tense jaw muscles (much like the drip / gurn on Coke XD ). Appetite is non existent but as long as I have my partner to remind me to eat it shouldn't be a problem. My main issue is my prescriber messed up and I went 10 days without it after finishing the first 28 day course and it mucked me up. Extreme tiredness and very irritable, spiralling mood swings. Will update after this next set with more thoughts on it. Overall an effective medication for me"

Zakkart (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

For ADHD "I love this !! The ups and the downs. I will start with the downs - it is pricey for me. The ups - it is amazing I was getting C's and D's took it about a week into it my mind focused I saw the world for the first time and I was able to grab my 9 thoughts at once and multitask and I started nailing my goals and started getting B's and A's in school then I was able to get promoted at work. I LOVE THIS I had to jump off it after 2 years because of the price but I gonna get back on it. It is too great to pass up. I had little side effects sex drive still high, mouth little dry and wasn't depressed so worth it!!! For those wondering 270$ for a 30 day supply... :("

hyperboiiii (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2018

For ADHD "Worked fine but elevated my heart rate so I had to stop taking it."

ADHDPT (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2018

For ADHD "This medication was ok for my 11 year old as far as appetite goes.. he did start eating better on this medication and it served its purpose during school hours, however.. at the end of the day, it was like a flood gate of energy was opened and he was bouncing off the walls.. currently looking for a replacement.."

Muvao4! (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018

For ADHD "Began 20mg on Wed. 10/24 at 9 a.m. First day fine - didn't feel as anxious as have been on Ritalin 10mg 2x/day. My doctor said maybe would work because it's slow releasing compared to Ritalin's immed. release. Thurs. awoke w/ a headache. Took another 20mg Vyvanse at 9 a.m. Headache disappeared and focus was good through my 10 a.m. class but by 1 p.m. felt very anxious. Went home at 5 p.m. Felt so emotional, kept crying. Kept thinking about everything that has happened in my life. Trouble falling asleep. Took dose Fri, Sat., & Sun. at 9 a.m. but by Sun. my emotions were so unbearable for went Vyvanse on Mon. 10/29. Had wheezing/breathing trouble & brain zaps. Took Ritalin instead because of all these. Wish Vyvanse was miracle drug for me but it's not. Tried many different drugs I'm overwhelmed but went back to my doctor, prescribed Zoloft for the anxiety. Began 10 mg today. Doctor said to stick through the next 2 weeks and call him if I feel suicidal. Just sensitive to meds. Be very careful."

HMH October 30, 2018

For ADHD "I am 20 years old. Dose 30 mg. Taking this medication for mood improvement (depression), and focus (ADD). Since starting: Much more organized thought process, improved ability to communicate with others socially and keep a conversation going. Have been told by others that they notice a significantly positive change in my ability in social settings and in my affect. Intense focus in any activity I take part in. Significant increase in productivity and a major reduction of my depression symptoms. I am happier and more confident. Not easily bored anymore. Motivation levels have increased greatly and I actually feel like doing my hobbies again (I had completely lost interest in them for a long time ) Very suppressed appetite. Can get so focused with an activity, I will forget to eat all day. Must force self to eat. Weight loss. Teeth clenching. Tense jaw muscles. Thirst. Overall positive experience with this drug so far."

h (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have been on Vyvanse for a year now and I have slowly lost 60 pounds simply by being able to focus on the things I need to do in my life and not about food ever. So I just eat now for fuel, the way it should be! I noticed a huge difference when I don't take it I feel that hunger feeling just like before. I still struggle at night so it is not going to fix everything but it has been a miracle for me. I have struggled since I was 8 years old and now I'm 37. I plan on staying on Vyvanse until I can get myself under control. I still need to lose about 70 more pounds to be at a healthy weight for my height. In the meantime I am going to school for psychology with a concentration in addictions and hopes to figure out how to control my behavior."

Huge Help FOR BINGE EATING (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2018

For ADHD "First day or so was great. I was focused great had heaps of energy felt good. Then came the next few days loss of appetite, pains in my body and chest, extreme anxiety and outrageous mood swings. It was so bad don’t think I’ll take it any time soon. Not a medication for me"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For ADHD "I took adderall IR and adderall XR for several years. I then switched to Vyvanse. It made me feel as if I was a zombie. I would be depressed and find myself staring into space. I also feel I need to address a comment by Mimi that stated vyvanse and adderall are very similar. As a pharmacologist I can tell you they are different, albeit similar, medications. The chemical structure is different, the pharmacology is different and on and on. So they are not bioequivalent."

Szeb (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For ADHD "It worked the first day at 20 mg from then on it really did not have any effect. I went from 20mg to 30mg and then to 40mg and it still really had not effect. I took a short acting Ritalin at 10mg and it didn’t work. Are they different medications?"

Jack September 11, 2018

For ADHD "Insane. I get so much done. My days used to be disorganized and unproductive. Now I literally run laps around everything. This is amazing. "

Tanton (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Binge Eating Disorder "I am on 30 mg /day and from day 1 I had lessened urges to binge and even lost my appetite which was amazing. Unfortunately at almost 3 months in, I am having more urges to binge again. I’ve noticed a few side effects. First, ever since I started this medication I haven’t climaxed in bed. Used to almost always. Second, increased acne and tremendous amount of anxiety and more hyper. The anxiety has caused me to pick at my skin because I now have acne and I pick constantly. I should probably get off of this medication but I am terrified I will binge more again and gain more weight back. My PCP said this med is the only one he knows of that truly works for binge eating disorder (BED) but it is causing me problems. I only recommend this medication if those prescribed are smart enough to see the negative side effects and weigh if worth it. Had I given my review a week after starting this medication I couldn’t say enough good things but now feel different"

NGal (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2018

For ADHD "I am 46 yrs old, and was officially diagnosed with ADD last year. My doctor put me on Adderal. It worked wonders, as long as I remembered to take my second pill. Since my insurance did not cover the extended release, I was put on Vyvanse 54 mg I think. My focus is longer acting which increases my functionality at work, however the side effects have been unfavorable for me. I have headaches, diarrhea at least 2 times a day, nausea, extremely irritable, extreme dry mouth, gained 7 pounds this month, more depressed, and halfway through the day I get very tired and I feel like I am waiting for the second wave of medication to hit. My follow up with my doctor is tomorrow and I am going to request to go back to Adderal. I just think over all I was a more pleasant and functional person. I do not want to try yet another ADD med because I am scared of more side effects and I had minimal side effects on Adderal. I am glad that Vyvanse helps some people... but it doesn’t work for everyone."

Ping Pong Ball Brain (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

For ADHD "I'm on 20mg Vyvanse XR 1 daily in the AM. Within the first few days it was life changing. But that only lasted about a week before it stopped. Upped to 40mg & the process started over again. Now I’m on 60mg and the same but better. My body has adjusted to the stimulant affects but concentration & focus has improved but the issue is it works for a limited amount of time. Vyvanse is a pro drug it takes anywhere from 1-2 hours to kick in. Once mine kicks in I’m locked in for a solid 4 hours & then it starts to evaporate quickly. Vyvanse is a great medicine & it has helped me immensely but I don’t think it’s powerful enough to mask the symptoms I deal with on a daily basis. I gave it a 9 because the potential it has is. The downside is you’re not hungry at all. You have to force yourself to eat. I’ve been on this medication for 3 months. When I started taking it I was 200lbs. I’m currently 170lbs. I recommend to eat something in that 1-2 hour window you have before the meds kick in"

Manny July 21, 2018

For ADHD "I am a 30 year old female, 177lbs, that is prescribed vyvanse for Binge Eating Disorder and ADHD. It did not help ADHD, so Dr kept upping the dosage stating that was the reason it wasn't helping. It did help BED. I experienced these side effects from the beginning (20 mg) with each increase they became more overwhelming. As I hit 50mg, I became so severely depressed I could not socialize, experienced depersonalization, detachment from myself, my life, my friends. No pleasure in anything. No sex drive. Almost lost my job. I began having reoccurring thoughts that I just wanted to die. It dawned on me that all of these symptoms appeared & worsened over the course of time I've been taking vyvanse. I stopped taking it 5 days ago and have been able to experience moments of joy, socialize and contribute to conversations without feeling as though I don't recognize myself. I've also been on antidepressants in the past and none of them worked either."

Anon female June 24, 2018

For ADHD "So I've only been diagnosed at the age of 33 with ADHD and suffered for so long and now taking this drug has completely changed everything. The positives I've found are focus, everything seems easier to handle and I now feel balanced. The negatives I've found are I don't eat much now and have lost weight really quickly. Over all I'm really happy"

Stu33 May 20, 2018

For ADHD "This medication is a life saver. I’ve been on many other ADHD medicine and they never lasted through the day. Vyvanse wears off at the perfect time for bedtime and helps me accomplish many things during the day without getting distracted. Vyvanse turned my life around and helped me keep a job and get through school with all good grades."

Rach (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2018

For ADHD "Vyvanse has been a true answer to everything I have asked for !! I have been taking it for over 2 months at 60 mg. I can focus, finish projects and complete daily activities. I feel more comfortable in large crowds. I can't speak highly enough about this medication.."

Gracie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

For ADHD "I was on Adderall for years until the highest dosage stopped working for me. When I switched to Vyvanse I wasn't sure what effects I should be looking for. Was it supposed to be like Adderall? No. Unlike Adderall, which gives you tunnel vision to complete one task at a time, Vyvanse allows you to focus on multiple tasks. You're not wired and cleaning out your closet 10 times a day, its more like you're normalized - the way that you should be. As far as appetite goes, it comes and it goes."

Adubs (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2018

For ADHD "The doctor had my son on Adderal and I did not like the fact that it was considered a class II narcotic. He had terrible side effects. So his doctor said they now have a new drug treatment such as Vyvanes. Noticed he was experiencing same side effects as when he was taking Aderral. This drug is the very similar to Adderal. So has very similar properties and side effects"

MiMi April 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...