User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 533 reviews 36 medications

7.9
Binge Eating Disorder 42 reviews 1 medications

7.6
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 575 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "I was on Vyvance for just under 1 year. It worked really well. However as the year went on my mouth got dryer and dryer, until I could only eat soft foods. I talked to the Doctor and I went off them in the middle of January. About 3 weeks ago I started a new med called AdderallXR and I can feel my mouth is starting to dry but not like the Vyvance. While in the USA I found some mini "brush on the go" toothbrushes made by Colgate, called Wisp Max Fresh. With dryness my teeth always feel like I have a film on them. Today I used one of the brushes and and it really made my teeth and the dryness feel better. No need for water or rinsing. Maybe I can cut down on the gum and candy. We'll see!"

grammaDebbi March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "Well I was just prescribed vyvanse today for Binge eatin disorder (BED) and I'd have to say I'm pretty excited. For me I can be very conscious about trying not to eat but I always cave and eat until I'm sick, especially at night. I have 6 more days of 30 mg and then 60 days of 50 mg. I'd have to say after the first day I'm very excited and hopeful as I did eat normal meals and enjoyed them, however I feel no urge to eat the snacks that I don't need."

Sevvy March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I've been on vyvanse for about a year maybe a year and a half but damn this medication is amazing when you take it normally, I say normally because I usually only take it when I know I gotta focus so like for school, work, a project, etc but when I'm just home I don't take it. Now vyvanse has helped me so so much its just the getting the medication on time is what I struggle with, because I've noticed now that when I'm off vyvanse my ADHD is way worse like the anger and getting distracted part. Yet I don't like taking pills in general I know they do damage inside but if it works it works you know I'd rather struggle with the medication than have to deal with ADHD alone."

Ezm14 March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My son is 6 they started him off on Concerta he seemed fine we had minimal complaint the only downside is everyday around 7 he would be in moods over silly things, but it would pass. Now the Vayvanse had him in "HULK" mode as he would describe it. He was very snappy and angry and became aggressive with the kids at school, (which was never an issue before). I hated that stuffed. I'm beginning to realize that finding the right meds is going to be a HUGE task."

Just mom (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "After a few days on vyvance I started sleeping only 2-4 hours a night, then my doctor raised my dosage, now I was on 30 mg. And then a few weeks pass and I started to get really aggressive, yelling at people when I got just a little mad (like if someone accidentally bumped into me while walking down the hallway) And if that wasn't bad enough, I still couldn't focus in school. and the longer I took it the worse my sleep pattern got. I started staying up about 40 hours at a time and sleeping for about 8 hours, And then finally my parents decided to take action and take me off of it. it took me about 7 months to get back to sleeping on a regular schedule"

sallygally (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "When I was put on Lisdexamfetamine within a month of first taking it everything has improved. Things I would not normally do. I did my daily tasks, showing interest in things, my impulsiveness movement has slowed down, my thoughts slowed down and I can sit down and talk to people and hold a conversation with people. A big thing that this medication has is the fat ingredient so I am now 11 stone as I was previously 9 stone so a big improvement. Within a month in everything as a person so this medication is a big thing in my life and feel the doctor has made the correct choice. I would recommend it to anyone who ADHD like me and if they are on it you will see improvement like i have big time!."

Jay Sas March 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I had good grades. I could concentrate. But, I became very aggressive. I had to stop taking."

jacobfhoke (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My 9 yr old son started vyvanse two weeks ago (lowest dosage) and we saw positive results right away. In addition to ADHD he has a writing disorder and will literally sit and stare at his paper for hours because he can't get his thoughts written out. The first day he tried vyvanse he took it in the morning and then came home from school and without being asked he finished his book (25 pages) and then sat down and wrote a 2.5 page book report! I have not noticed a change in his appetite and he has only experienced some minor sleep issues but it does not seem to really bother him. Testing has shown my son to be highly intelligent but his grades do not reflect that - I finally have hope that he can reach his potential!"

Mom with Hope (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "I've had BED for 9mo., started off as anorexia and morphed into BE after 6 months. I'm of normal weight- should work out more, but one thing at a time. Nothing was helping the BE (SSRIs or Anxiety meds) I finally caved and tried Vyvanse- I was afraid because I had been on adderall before and it was too crazy- I'm on 20mg, had to get it approved but I'm glad I have it. I'm in therapy and hope this will be a good aid in my efforts. It definitely decreases my appetite, but I don't hate food like on adderall. I feel more productive, less empty euphoria than adderall, but still excessive sweating under arms during peak activation. Takes a 1-2 hours to kick in. Lasts only 6 hours for me, may up dosage later. It's a great tool-not a miracle :)"

RinaRivers (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I have been taking Vyvanse 30mg for 2 weeks for adult ADHD. It has been very helpful for me to stay on task at work and get things done that normally I would have a hard time with. I used to get very overwhelmed with what needed to be done and completely shut down, not getting anything done at all! Then beating myself up for being a procrastinator etc. I have not had any issues with insomnia or any other side effects, besides the normal appetite suppression during the day, which as resulted in an 8lb weight loss in 2 weeks. No complaints here as I need to lose about 20. I recommend not drinking more than 1 or 2 cups of coffee while taking this. I did once and was jacked up. Not a good feeling. I highly recommend taking this if you are an attention deficit"

Ashley35yearoldFemale (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My cousin's son takes this medicine and he almost 12, They recently increased the dosage to 40 mg. I have doubts on whether he is a better student because he seems to struggle with school regardless of being on the medicine. Apart from school, it seems to have scary side effects - major weight loss, no appetite whatsoever, anti-social behavior, argumentative attitude that noticeably goes away on the weekends when he is not on the medicine. Is the dosage possibly too much? I wonder if the drug has affected his mental health related to food as well, borderline anorexia? He is less than 80 pounds now and I want to say something to intervene. Recently he broke out in sweats at dinner one Friday night with rapid breathing, really scared."

Need Advice for 11 yr old (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "Quick tips: Count calories when you first start taking this drug in order to make sure you are consuming enough food, about 1200+ cals for women and 1800+ cals for men unless you are advised to consume more or less by a professional. Also, be sure that you're mentally stable before you take this drug because it can trigger eating disorders. Be careful when taking Vyvanse, remember it is NOT a weight loss method, it is a cure for binge eating."

Juanitas000 February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Things to be mindful of: Can cause extreme anorexia-be careful if you are struggling with anorexia or bulimia nervosa; Helps reduce binge eating greatly- good for binge eating disorder and bulimia when the person is trying to correct bingeing and not abusing the drug as a way of losing weight; Can cause depression, suicidal ideations, and tiredness- Usually is a result of taking a dose that is too high and the symptoms usually occur once the meds start to wear off; Can cause severe anxiety- taking Vyvanse at a dose that is too high can cause severe anxiety, this can usually be resolved by lowering the dose. Some of these things can be resolved by adjusting the dosage but sometimes a specific medication doesn't work well with your body."

Juanitas000 February 12, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADD and my doctor recommended me to take vyvanse 40mg. The first day I took it around 6:00 am and it started to work about an hour in. I was able to focus very well and was a lot more sociable. However, the good effects of the medicine only lasted for 5 hours and then everything went downhill and I felt depressed. My heart was beating faster than usual, dry mouth, and had no desire for food. The next day thinking it would be better, it didn't kick in until around 2:00pm and only lasted for a few hours. Sometimes it would leave me feeling very antisocial and aggitated. Today is my last day taking it because it hasn't worked for me at all today. Wasn't hungry all day, felt very sweaty, nervous, aggitated, out of breathe."

Sam*18 February 10, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "I've been taking this medication for about 4 days now. I've been binge eating for a few times a week since I was about 12 and now I'm almost 19. My nurse practitioner put me on a 20 mg dose in the morning and said it would help with my BED and my energy due to my depression (diagnosed at 14 but have felt since 13).The first day I took the vyvanse I took it around 12 and around 3pm I had energy I haven't had in YEARS. I'm in college and decorated my room, organized every single drawer, and even scrubbed the floor. I was talking my roommate's ear off. It's helped with my food habits but now nothing sounds good. I'm barely getting to 400 calories a day and am hoping it will get better soon. But so far so good!"

DylPow6 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have ADD and Binge eating disorder (BED). I have had both my entire life I just thought my BED was normal. However food is my drug, I'm addicted to it. So for years I went thru cycles of bingeing and restricting. I would seek out certain foods like a drug addict seeks drugs and not feel calm or normal until I ate that thing I was obsessing about. I've been on every diet, every single one, went to Overeaters Anonymous (OA), I've done it all. I took adderall for years for ADD but never experienced any weight loss and it never addressed my food issues. I have massive food issues. I started reading about food addiction and came across this drug. It has been a miracle for me. I feel like a normal person, I haven't obsessed about food or binged in over two months, it's saving my life."

Tay73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I started this medication when I was 45 years old and started back to college. I never excelled in college in my younger years and actually made the Deans list after taking Vyvanse. I am now almost sixty. I really don't need it other than helping my golf game once in a while. I just wanted to say that it is a great medication for keeping ones focus, however I did experience quite a bit of hair loss. I only take 20mg. I do take breaks on this medication and have noticed that my hair grows much thicker when I am off of it. Just an FYI."

joyous52 (taken for 10 years or more) February 4, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My experience has been great and horrifying. Now, to explain myself I will list the effects I've had so far. I am on my fourth dose of my 40 mg vyvanse. I was put on 40 because my doctor said it would be okay. ADVERSE EFFECTS: *Severe* Just today on my fourth dose I had experienced something new my entire life..sitting on my chair I lifted my leg and was overcome with the feeling of it, "falling asleep". It was overcome abruptly out of nowhere with the feeling of tiny bubbles in the numbers of thousands racing from my foot up to my thigh without any of these, in idea of description bubbles popping. Until it reached my thigh when it was immediately somewhat relieved...skip to later today and my leg was paralyzed almost"

Jonnomad (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "I started taking Vyvanse about 4 months ago and I have never felt better in my whole life. I have no interest in food when I have it in my system for about 7 hours, but what I do to keep myself healthy and not having my blood sugars go high and low, is to eat breakfast and then have some fruit in the afternoon. Then I make myself a regular dinner. It is healthy, good food in portions. I don't eat out anymore, which is a big help, since that is where you eat too much food that is too high in fats and sodium. Eat a lot food with protein, so you fill up. As a dessert at night, I eat an ice pop, so I get that sweet taste. Not only have I lost 30 lbs. but, I feel healthier and energized. Also my depression is gone."

Pool nut (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I just recently started on vyvanse, and it works very well! So I'm 21, and in the past I've been on adderall, Ritalin and strattera. But none work as good as vyvanse. Adderall worked but left me feeling jittery, and Ritalin when it wore off I became angry. And strattera that's a whole nother story! But the main thing I like about vyvanse is I still am me. I don't feel jittery or like a robot. I'm me just with everything at a more calm controlled manner. The only downfalls are that it takes 2 hours to start working and only last 6-7 hours when I was told it would be 14 hours. But other than that it gets 2 thumbs up and 5 gold stars!"

Siago (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "Very, very cost prohibitive and didn't provide relief at all."

Craig D January 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I was first given this drug when I was only 6, I started having horrible crashes When I was 7 I started getting hallucinations of my toys coming to life and beating me to death and I'd scream and kick when my parents came in to try to calm me down. I have 30min-4 hour anxiety attacks, I feel sad empty and useless, I felt like everyone was judging me and I almost committed suicide twice, once when I was only 9. I tried stopping the drug but found the nausea, pain, and anxiety only got worse without the medication so now I'm stuck,. These people saying the drug is great have not been on it for long, please if you are thinking of getting this drug, don't."

Kate Ogden January 29, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My son was diagnosis with ADD two years ago. He was also struggling with Anxiety. Was seeing a therapist. He is now 17 A year ago he was put on Vyvanse 30mg and 50mg of Zoloft. My son did say that by the last couple of class it wears off. 3 months ago we down his Zoloft to 25mg. His therapist discharged him saying he didn't need to come any more. Now the 30mg doesn't seem to be working. We went back to his doctor who is new since his doctor left the firm. She is putting him on 40mg of Vyvanse. His other doctor didn't want to go up. I wanted to up the Zoloft back to 50mg. Doctor says no take the higher dose of Vyvanse. I have not started it yet. Have to wait because I just got the lower dose and the discount card won't pay twice."

Mom to son 17 January 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I was kinda focused in school when I took this but that was only for the first period or 2, I ended up getting really tired and was getting a lot of anxiety and had like 3 panic attacks (this was my first time ever being on any kind of ADHD medication)"

Kike126790 January 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Binge Eating Disorder "I've struggled with binge eating and depression my entire life. I'd spend hours trying to convince myself not to binge and then ultimately do it anyway. In the past ten years I've doubled my weight, my highest being around 260. I've been on vyvanse for just over a week, and I no longer eat everything in sight or binge. Some days, I have to make myself eat, because I don't have any interest. I also have increased energy, and feel motivated to do things which has helped my depression. If I'm not active, however, I do feel anxious. I've already lost 9 lbs, and this drug has given me the push I needed to turn my life around. I did have some side effects with blood pressure and headache, which warrants the 9/10."

sarahgoesveggie (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2017