User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 469 reviews 36 medications

Binge Eating Disorder 25 reviews 1 medications

7.8
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 494 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "I was on this med for a little over a week. Right off it made me feel great everything was good. And I really liked it and I was happy I found something that worked. But after a week it started to make me really really hungry I could not get rid of the hunger. So I had to stop taking it. I have a hard time to find a med. that works. I had the genetic tests done and there is a lot of meds I can't take. So it is hard to find one that works. I have ADHD and there is not much meds I can take. Vyvanse was a question but it worked well just made me hungry. I wished it did not make me hungry. Now I hope my Doctor puts me on another ADHD med."

josie cat July 17, 2016

For ADHD "I started 3 months ago and I am now taking 20mg 2x daily because it doesn't last throughout the day in a single dose for me. At first I did have a decrease in appetite, but I think it is has stabilized now. I have noticed an increase in my ability to pay attention in lectures and while studying, but I am still afflicted by tons of distractions. I am now able to organize my schoolwork, print out lecture slides, get them organized in a binder, etc. which I always had problems with. It hasn't really helped with my impulsivity, though, and I find its effects on me vary from day to day. Sometimes when the drug wears off I find myself feeling quite down and restless. Overall, I would say it has been helpful, but I may try something else."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For ADHD "It's definitely been a hell of a journey for me a whole year of school without good ADHD medication... But I have finally procured Vyvanse, I currently am taking a solid 20 mg, but so far for me personally it has been WAY more relaxing and effective than it's popularized counterpart Adderall. I actually take my Vyvanse with Adrafinil in the morning with water sometimes with or without a breakfast meal, honestly i have the same effectiveness regardless of what i eat but that's just me. I have noticed the same effects from different psychoactive stimulants like Adderall XR, Wellbutrin, Coffee, and Imipramine HCL. But so far Vyvanse has been more effective and honestly has a better duration than all of the stimulants I've ever taken..."

Melvin Arthur July 10, 2016

For ADHD "I was always smart, but my career has accelerated rapidly thanks to this drug. I have the stamina and focus that I just would not have otherwise. I had trouble with concentration in college and it wasn't until I started taking vyvanse that I finally was able to complete tasks in a reasonable amount of time. My GPA went from a 3.3 to a 4.0. All the positives aside, I missed the pill today and basically ate the entire house. Withdrawal effects are Brutal."

Brookberry July 6, 2016

For ADHD "Diagnosed ADHD about 15 years ago. I have taken Concerta, Riddlen, Adderall, and just about everything else there is. Doctor prescribed me Vyvanse about a week ago and i have fallen in love with it. 20mg last about 6 hours so i will be looking to up my dose but non of the side effect that i had on the other meds"

Kenneth2266 July 5, 2016

For ADHD "It worked wonderfully in my case! I've had learning difficulties and anorexia since the second grade. Forty or so years the disorder has been binge/purging with laxatives. Cutting myself when my weight ballooned. In January 2016 my primary care giver placed me on Vyvance. It was wonderful. I would wake up and food was not the first thing on my mind! I was able to focus on meal planning and my life felt like it had order! I could finish a task and not skip around. Unfortunately my doctor was more concerned about my weight than my being able to focus so she took me off the medicine that has help me more than anything I've ever taken!"

Kern Lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have ADD and Binge Eating Disorder. This medication is okay, it is very similar to dexedrine or dextroamphetamine, however it is created so that it turns into this chemical when passing through your liver. This is fine, however it takes longer for the effect as well as it doesn't come on as strong. I prefer Desoxyn, Dexedrine, or Adderal. I have yet to try Evekeo."

Foxtrotz (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I've struggled with binge eating every since I was in middle school and I'm now 33. Nothing ever worked for me until Vyvanse. The biggest thing for me is that I no longer obsess over food. I would think about food all day long and all night until I managed to fall asleep. I never knew what hunger truly was because I always used food to control my emotions. Vyvanse controls the compulsions and obsessions I once had over food. An added plus is that I've lost 8 pounds in about 3 weeks since I've started taking it. I no longer binge and its the strangest yet most incredible feeling in the world. I would have rated this a 10 but I'm only 3 wks in so hopefully the effects are long lasting."

aurora45789 (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

For ADHD "I'm diagnosed bipolar, depression and adhd. Vyvanse 20mg - Started: started three days ago - Purpose: to aid in energy and focus to help me breakthrough crippling apathy - Impact: So far Vyvanse has been very effective at helping me to return to more normal functioning. Its impact on my mood has been mixed, although I can now do things which is nice, underneath there is still a layer of boredom. - Side Effects: Mild and fleeting anxiety about three hours after taking and again as it wears off in the evening - Future: Very effective, I hope to increase my dose to 30mg and stay there. I think that would be the ideal dose for aiding me in breaking through my boredom."

becontent (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

For ADHD "Diagnosed in late 80's as having Attention Disorder - however my grades were always pretty good that my mother and doctor did not put me on medication. As I began my career years ago, I noticed I had trouble staying on tasks and my impulsiveness at work was causing me problems. Worked with Behavior Therapist and that helped for many years. However, I still struggled to stay on deadline at work and that stress led to issues in my personal life. Started taking Vyvanse 30mgs 3 mos ago at the age of 36. For the first time in my adult-life I feel that I have my act together. Still follow what I learned in therapy over the years - which I hope will help me stay at a lower dose. I pay $250 a month before my deductible is reached then 80% after."

Mark in Jax (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

For ADHD "Parents putting there kids on this stuff, yikes, man I just feel bad for your poor child. You realize you're giving them pure amphetamine right? I would avoid taking amphetamines until your brain has finished developing. Age 21-25. It's just absurd that something like Vyanse is prescribed to children. That said, for adults, this stuff is wondrous. Has changed my life. I've been taking 60mg Vyvanse for 3yrs straight with zero issues. Zero break. Zero tolerance. I'm 32. Male. I've literally tried it all (Dex, Desoxyn, Addie, Provigil) & nothing comes close Vyvanse! If you truly have ADHD as an adult, this drug will alter your life in such a positive way! Adults only though!!! Common parents, you're totally screwing your kids over."

HawkATG (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I just turned 30 and had been struggling with binging for a few years. Over the last year it got totally out of control. Food consumed my life and I was easily going on 3-4,000 calorie binges every night. It was just my routine. Therapy, meditation, exercise, nothing could break the cycle. I heard about Vyvanse and talked to my doctor. Because of how rapidly I was gaining weight and how out of control I was, he happily prescribed it. Honestly it was hard at first - it made me feel sedated and tired, and I had headaches and dry mouth. But the binging was gone from day ONE. My dosage is leveled out now and my body has adjusted and I have lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks. It has changed my life for the better! I have no emotional connection to food now."

always1986 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016

For ADHD "I was recently diagnosed with ADHD and I was first prescribed Concerta. Since Concerta is part instant release and part extended release it starts working extremely quick, within 15-30 minutes, which was nice because there was no need to time things out when taking the medication. Unfortunately, Concerta starts working immediately and also stops working immediately which for me led a horrific crash. I was irritable and angry after the medication wore off. Due to this my doctor switched me to Vyvanse. Vyvanse is a prodrug which means the actual drug inside the capsule is not therapeutically helpful until it gets broken down in the body. This allows for a nice steady come up and no crash when the medication is eventually excreted."

tcuckow (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2016

For ADHD "My 13 yr old son was put on Vyvanse for his ADHD and started at 20mg, 30mg and for the last two weeks has been on 40mg. He's had the usual not much of an appetite, and of sleeping patterns. However I've noticed in the last two weeks a drastic behaviour change in him where he is extremely emotional, very anxious, feeling like everyone hates him, depressed and wanting to hurt himself. His pediatrician advised me to stop this medication . "

Concerned Mom 43 (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2016

For ADHD "I have been taking vyvanse for at least three to four years now pretty consistently. I have never wrote a review before on this medication because I was always at limbo about how I felt on it. I will say that vyvanse gets the job done as far as helping focus and pay attention to tasks. I am a full time student and this medication has helped me jump from a 2.5 GPA to a 3.5 GPA. I have taken up to 60 mg but I went through time periods where I would withdrawal myself from it and start back up again at 30 mg. The 30mg is way more manageable than any other dose I think. Although this medication has positively changed my life, it has also created issues for me. I am very tired when I do not take my medicine. Even if I miss a day.."

Anonymous June 1, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "This medicine is noting to mess with its very powerful and can change your entire personality while on this medicine I lost a relationship with my kids and my spouse I went from 120 to 98 pounds I would stay awake for days have violent mood swings and worst I felt suicidal all the time I was a mess no one knew who I was in was sick from losing so much weight and not sleeping none of this was me not of it got off the meds put my weight back on and fixed the relationships I ruined while this medicine I honestly think if I would have continue use it would be dead from either malnutrition or suicide BE AWARE VERY AWARE OF THIS MED!!"

Kiyamae07 May 30, 2016

For ADHD "I have a love/hate relationship with this medication. I was diagnosed with ADD in my late thirties. Vyvanse helps me a lot...when I can feel its effects. I take 50 mg a day. For three hours, I feel wonderful and very productive. The drug make feel very calm, hence very focused. I feel at peace and I stop questioning every single thing I do. It's like my usually racing thoughts (cognitive hyperactivity) stop for a moment and let me focus on the task at hand. BUT, when the drug wears off, after only three or four hours, I feel HORRIBLE! My throat gets tight, a disabling anxiety kicks in, I feel depressed, my thoughts start racing again and honestly, I feel like I could kill myself. So I go from feeling wonderful to being suicidal..."

Eva Sandoval (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 26, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "At first, this drug is a MIRACLE drug. No binging, just all the right types of eating that I got to control. However, I felt the Vyvanse crash (extremely fatigued, angry, hopeless, and "blah") every day once I started moving up in dose (above 20mg) because the binging was starting to come back in phases. After switching to 30mg -60mg every other month, to try to find the right doseage, I finally realized the drug wasn't worth the crash.My psychitarist told me that the crashes were so intense due to the fact that I did not have ADHD so the chemical imbalance is what caused the crash.However, if you are on this drug and do feel the crashes, I've tried a lot of things to help combat it, the one that works the best is to drink water. 1L a day"

hannahmo00 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2016

For ADHD "My 10 yr old daughter was put on low dose (20mg) of Vyvanse for ADHD. Her ADHD was severely affecting her school work. Positive: immediately teachers and I noticed she could focus, sit more still, and initiate her own homework, etc... But it's the NEGATIVE side affects that seriously concerned me. She went from a cheerful, joyous girl, to a melancholy zombie. Even worse, she became more and more depressed & irritable at night. She said she felt like she lost all personality and had a sadness that she didn't understand why. I can not emphasize enough how scary it was to see her whole personality change, and that was not worth any benefits.she got out of Vyvanse. Other side effects: loss of appetite, joint/muscle pain, mouth twitch."

Mom of ADHD (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

For ADHD "Vyvanse is not like any other ADHD med out there. It is better! a lot better! I does not matter how much Vyvanse you take, your body will not let the amphetamine level go any higher than it can process it. This gives you control. Vyvanse is a spark, it lets you chose what to focus on, rather than make you hyper and euphoric like other ADHD meds do. Why it does not work for some people? Because most people fail to use ADHD meds accordingly! No med is a "magic bullet." For those of us who actually have ADHD and have tried absolutely everything (healthy diet, good night sleep, exercise, multivitamins etc.), Vyvanse is the "missing piece to the puzzle!"

A Spark Not a Fire (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "Day one. This is the first day in the past two years that I haven't over-eaten. I had gastric bypass and lost lots of weight. I thought i was fine. Then I was attacked by a co-worker. It set off massive depression and PTSD. I moved from Hawaii to PA-and I cant eat that much, but slidder food-chips, bread, eggs, diet soda and coffee with cream. I don;t like sweets. But, I eat crap. This is the first day without Chips/mcdonalds/fries....I have no heart racing, No problem with anxiety, no jitters. I was able to chose a nice low cal dinner, and no CHIPS...they are my weakness. I am so happy to stop the binge."

Jeepgurl (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For ADHD "I was told by psychologist I scored highest she has ever seen for adhd and doctor put me on 30mg and it does nothing. I don't want an increased dose of this med i want something else. Waste of my time."

Skellysgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

For ADHD "I can finally focus"

Buttr April 22, 2016

For ADHD "My Daughter has been taking Vyvanse for about 4 years now she is 14 and taking the 50 mg, She usually takes it on school days, So last summer she wasn't taking it and she started her period but as soon as September came she went back on the 50mg her period never came back. Has anyone experienced this? the doctor said it had nothing to do with the medication but I have a feeling it does."

Kristin4904 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

For ADHD "this drug not only gave me a low key eating disorder but it made me have terrible, TERRIBLE mood swings all the time. it would make me cry and be irrationally angry at everyone at the same time. on top of that I would bearly be able to eat because the pill is also used as a way to treat binge eating. it also made me feel like I was having a heart attack at times and my heart would feel like it was going to stop beating. the only positive is that yes it did improve my focus and motivation immensly."

Anonymous April 15, 2016