User Reviews for Vyvanse

Binge Eating Disorder   7.9
ADHD   7.4

Reviews for Vyvanse

Mimi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 13, 2021

For ADHD: “I struggled with Manic Depression, PTSD, minor bipolar, and ADHD since I was around 6yro. Long story short, I had drug addict parents , kidnapped and raped as a 11yro for 3yrs, pregnant at 16 lived with friends of family till 18 graduated at 20yr. I have 4 wonderful kids but my life is a constant struggle of mood swings, flash backs etc... My doctor gave me the 40mg to start and besides a few minor side effects (higher anxiety on and off for the 1st week, lessened appetite) I have not felt this happy since my kids births. My older kids have noticed my home is cleaner, up earlier in the mornings, I can stay on one train of thought before moving on to another, and my younger kids are happy that their mother can play with them without running off to the bathroom after 10min because I couldn't stop crying. No medication can change you 100% of the time, I still have some off days but far and very few between.”

Lili February 4, 2021

For Binge Eating Disorder: “I recently stopped Adderal after attempting to quit for years. So I was skeptical about trying this.. because I did not want to be disappointed. I read through the reviews & was desperate for anything. I got prescribed 60mg bc that’s the dosage of adderal I took before. A week later, & I want to cry with joy. I feel NORMAL. I’m hungry when I should be & not when I shouldn’t. I don’t care for sweets AT ALL. I don’t feel anxiety or depressed anymore. I feel genuinely happy & focus on what’s really important, etc. I feel in control. My view on my body and what it does for me has completely changed (hence the ‘I feel pretty’ movie). I know everyone reacts differently to medications, but this saved my life. I hope it continues, because I have never felt so much gratitude, peace, happiness and in control as I do now. I hope everyone who is struggling out there can read this and know you are not alone... and that there is indeed hope.”

ADHDnAspie · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2021

For ADHD: “I got new insurance that covered Vyvanse for ADHD. Originally on 15mg Adderall IR and switched to 40mg Vyvanse. Only took it for a few days, turned me into an emotionless unproductive zombie. Dosage may have been too high, was too scared to lower it and instead I immediately went back to adderall. Didn't work well for me but of course YMMV. Always experiment until you find the right med for you.”

brittmyron January 3, 2021

For ADHD: “This is the first ADHD medication I have ever tried, as the diagnosis is new. I’ve only ever been on antidepressants/antipsychotics for depression and anxiety (currently on Zoloft and Rexulti). When I added Vyvanse I was on 30 mg for 1 month. At first I noticed an increase in mental clarity & physical energy. After a few days, I noticed the medication made me feel angry in the afternoons but nothing severe. When I told my psychiatrist, she put me on 50 mg which I’ve been on for a month. The pros of the medication are basically nonexistent now - it made me suicidal, angry, numb, depressed... now that I’m getting off of it, I can’t stop crying and am terrified of being alone. My anxiety is out of control and I feel physically sick from withdrawal (cold sweats, hot flashes, nausea, dizzy, etc.) I can’t find these withdrawal symptoms listed anywhere online - I feel insane. I do not recommend this medication.”

Matty_97 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 22, 2020

For ADHD: “I was previously taking Adderall IR 30 mg tabs, one tab twice daily. I switched to Vyvanse to give it a go and it has done nothing but make me miserable. In fact, no other medicine has made me feel this way: lethargic, irritable, depressed, uncomplicated, bored, unsatisfied, hungrier than usual, and very different compared to my normal self. I will NEVER take this medication again. It is an absolute joke to be used as treatment for ADHD. Furthermore, I find it ironic it can also treat Binge Eating Disorder because it made me eat more than usual. My two cents - AVOID THIS MEDICATION AT ALL COSTS. A waste of time, money, energy, and life. Find a suitable alternative and spare yourself the misery this medication causes.”

Mo · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 21, 2020

For ADHD: “Vyvanse was brought to me at the age of 13 diagnosed ADD (trouble concentrating in class and asleep most of the time), as a shy and timid little girl I was, growing up into adolescence was quite chaotic but necessary. It helped a lot with the motivation (I actually understood math for the first time) and had a LOT of benefits in the beginning. Beginning it I had a lot of side effects, not eating very much, some nausea and always wanting to do something productive, meeting new people. As I am writing U am 18 soon to be 19 years of age. Started at 20mg and was up to 40mg, I am now down to 20mg again. Nausea kinda became a problem at some point, but got to a point where I know when to eat, weighing about 115. Completely stopped using hard drugs 2 years ago (fun years eh!) But still do smoke some therapeutic weed”

Ann · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 15, 2020

For ADHD: “My 6 year old was on Vyvanse 10 mg after about 6 months we put him to 20mg and we had a horrible experience he completely lost his appetite his weight was 43 pounds and he went down to 36 pounds. And lets not forget he never slept was up all night long and finally when he did fall asleep it was about 3-5 am and then back up at 7am for school. So I took him off it and now he's on intuitive and our doctor wants to add biphentin 10mg I'm so worried he will have a bad experience again”

WI_RN December 14, 2020

For ADHD: “I'm in my 40s and have known I had ADHD for a long time but never had the desire to go on medication for it. Now with a good job, a new house, and the desire to complete an advanced degree, I felt it was finally time to have a go. My psychiatrist was more than happy to oblige and started me on 20mg. Within the first few hours, I had done the dishes, paid some (late) bills, took the dog for a nice long walk, and generally just felt calmer than I have in a long time. I am not taking this medication for weight loss, but my impulse control around food was also noticeably improved. I actually thought about what I was eating and even logged it into my WW app without a second thought. I was worried that my heart was going to be pounding out of my chest and I was going to feel like I had drank 10 cups of coffee, but it wasn't that feeling at all. I just felt focused and calm, just like I hoped.”

Cybrbii December 3, 2020

For Binge Eating Disorder: “After taking adderall (which got rid of my appetite), I developed an awful binge/restrict eating cycle and had to stop taking it, but the BED stayed. I gained 100lb in a year and finally decided to try Vyvanse to curb the habit & I don’t think I’ll ever look back. I don’t get the jitters, nausea, and crashes that I did before, so don’t necessarily let negative experiences with stimulants deter you. I can still eat, but I can’t binge at ALL. Even if I am very stressed/bored and I emotionally feel like I want a binge, it’s almost like Vyvanse is blocking my consciousness from entering that state. With active habits and healthy eating, I have lost all that weight in just under half a year. I feel like I finally have control over my mind and my body, and nothing has felt so liberating! Note: if you have high BP or are very prone to anxiety, this may not be your fav. I am very anxious and find that at times it exacerbates my anxiety, but I stay at a low dose (20 mg) to mitigate that.”

Ande - s · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2020

For Binge Eating Disorder: “Great”

Sunny · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 24, 2020

For Binge Eating Disorder: “10/10 recommend. First medicine that actually works for me!”

ScaredMomma · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2020

For ADHD: “My 7 year old boy who is amazingly funny and extremely smart just started Vyvance 8 days ago. He was drug exposed in utero from biological parents. His ADHD has been getting worse and worse so much so he just can't manage it on his own any more. He told me last night his chest hurts, his heart feels funny and there are crickets in his ears talking to him. They are saying..."no. no. no".....my baby..... I'm waiting on the Dr's office to open in a few minutes.”

Anonymous September 22, 2020

For ADHD: “I had taken Vyvanse as a kid, worked great for a bit, then it just stopped working years later, so I stopped taking it, my grades went down to being bad 10th grade, I tried it again because I was failing classes cause I could never stay focused, I took it again, immediately my grades became better and I finished off the year amazingly, the year after it wasn't as effective but I also started taking AP at the time, but I could feel myself getting more sidetracked, I had a girlfriend at the time, Vyvanse changed my personality a lot. I wouldn't have much emotion if it wasn't related to what I was doing and started to get in fights with my girlfriend, and fights with my parents, with my girlfriend I was obsessed with sex, being right, and in general I would just be angry all the time, it would hit its peak when the crash would happen later, eventually she left me and I fell apart and stopped taking it so I wouldn't hurt anyone, and to this day since I stopped taking it I'm not happy.”

Opl · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2020

For Binge Eating Disorder: “Started taking 30 mg Vyvanse two months ago for Binge eating disorder and it works great! I’ve lost 10 pounds so far. I was crashing pretty early and couldn’t function later in the day, so I started taking it at noon and incorporated a small coffee in the morning to get me by until noon and I haven’t crashed since! Did affect my moods pretty bad for a few weeks, but I seem to be levelled out now. It does significantly raise my blood pressure and bp, unfortunately. I’ve always had pretty low pressure and bp and now it runs 130/80 in afternoon after I take it. It used to run like 110/70 and even in double digits sometimes. BP is running in the 70s-110s resting, which is scary. It used to run in the lower 60s. Maybe I should add a beta-blocker? It is worth it to me, though.”

Dee dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2020

For Binge Eating Disorder: “Taking Vyvanse for Binge Eating Disorder. Struggled my entire life with food. Weight has gone up and down countless times depending on if I'm in my healthy mode or my bingeing mode. Started Vyvanse 6 months ago and didn't think it worked at first, so stopped. Tried it again and this time it clicked. I can feel when my body is satiated AND am able to stop eating. I can go an entire day and not think about food, which is a miracle. I think this must be how it feels for 'normal' people.”

Bianca August 30, 2020

For ADHD: “At first while taking this medication, the side effects I experienced included increases in heart rate (which made me feel a bit lightheaded and weak), stomach discomforts (making me less hungry throughout my day). These are things you will experience with anxiety which is something I dealt with growing up, and wasn't much of a concern for me while on the medication, but something to note for people looking to use Vyvanse for the first time. You will notice an increase of motivation!! Taking this medication was more helpful then my antidepressants were in the sense that it made me feel so much more motivated to do everyday activities. If you're concerned about effects this medication will have on your weight, know that you will have a loss in appetite and experience weightloss. Before taking Vyvanse, my weight was at 125lbs. After few months, I dropped to 110lbs. When I took a break from using this medication for focus and motivation, my weight went back to 123lbs. Thanks for reading!”

Lisa · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 30, 2020

For Binge Eating Disorder: “I've been on Vyvanse for almost 2 years now for both binge eating & ADD. I started on 10mg and am now at 60mg. At first, the 10mg worked great. That lasted about 2 months before I saw both my BED and ADD symptoms coming back. Increased to 20mg which lasted about 2 months, the 30mg lasted about 3 months, 40mg worked for 4 months (you get the picture). This was very worrisome for me, because it felt like, at the maximum dosage, it might eventually not work at all. I'm on 60mg now, and have been for the past 5 months, and I finally feel that I'm at a dosage that makes binge eating truly manageable (I no longer have any issues with ADD while the medication is working). So if you're on 20-40mg of Vyvanse and it isn't working, increase the dosage. The 60mg somehow made a huge difference. My psych also added 100mg Wellbutrin SR and that has been a life changer. The two medicines together completely curb my appetite (and the bonus is the Wellbutrin covers both my depression & anxiety as well).”

Stonerman15 · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2020

For ADHD: “Can’t afford $300 a month.”

Lucy · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 22, 2020

For ADHD: “I started taking Vyvanse sophomore year of high school and my grades went up and I actually became a good student. But I went from 142 lbs to 117 lbs. Not a good medicine if you are not okay with losing weight.”

julia mooradian · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2020

For Binge Eating Disorder: “I’m gonna be honest it helped for a short time but honestly made my sickness worse. My restricting and binging were severe at times. It’s honestly about mentality and education in healthy living and eating moderately, and talks of nutrients and stuff. I can’t fix symptoms with a drug in my opinion”

Laura · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 4, 2020

For Binge Eating Disorder: “Been taking Vyvanse for Binge eating disorder on and off for 2 years. It is the only thing that's helped me stop bingeing, therapy has never worked. It lifts the mental fog that usually clouds my judgement and leads to a binge, helps me understand my body's "I'm full" cues, and reduces cravings. Now that I've fully committed to take it daily, its even helped me challenge my worst disordered food fears. In the past when I lost weight I only ate low calorie unhealthy foods, but now I have the ability to challenge myself to eat healthy too, without being scared.”

64 year old California female · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2020

For Binge Eating Disorder: “Researched first as am sensitive to drugs. Vyvanse seemed okay. Low toxicity, & does not stay in system long. Began on 10mg; increased by 10mg every few days. While on 10 & 20, I had the "Vyvanese crash.” Doctors are often bad informing about some side effects, so be aware. Irritability and anger, hating everything, in evenings. Also an ungrounded, unsettled feeling in evening as drug wore off. But all would go away by morning, AND it disappeared once I went up to 30 mg daily. Just note in case it happens to you. Went up to 40 mg. Next morning at 5 a.m., awoke itching badly. Looked online and found a few reports of this odd effect where, when the medicine wore off, itching would begin. Doc said to stop. Will never know if the itching might have abated, but from what I saw online, very unlikely. Had no benefit at that dose yet. Saw reports that stimulants can lower serotonin eventually. This could cause the depression & increased eating some report. Just pay attention.”

Jared · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 12, 2020

For ADHD: “I have ADHD, Bipolar Depression, Opioid Side Effects. First do not pay attention to negative reviews about Vyvanse on here. I will tell you now that I would not be able to function without Vyvanse 70 mg QAM being on board. It gives me smooth sustained focus, a mental state of peace, relief from depression, potentiation of opioid narcotics (thus needing less opioids overall), drive, ability to sit still, work a great job, having meaningful conversations, have good relationships, take part in everyday life, workout and even sleep well. It does take a while to kick in so I wake up in the morning like 2 hours before I need to then take the med and go back to sleep. When I wake up the drug is active and working. With Vyvanse I get 10-14 hours of relief and at the end of the day there is a gentle come down that doesn’t leave me an anxious wreck. In fact Vyvanse helps with anxiety profoundly, far better than benzodiazepines which sounds crazy but many people report the same thing.”

Tommy June 10, 2020

For ADHD: “I've had issues trying to retain information and understanding test questions and there were days where I felt very tired and depressed to were I couldn't wake up though after forcing myself to get out of bed. I would notice my depression would get worse which made my attention span shorter but after several years I decided to enter nursing school and right off the bat my fundamentals teacher told me that I was struggling to pay attention and that I seemed tired and so she advised me to go see a different psychiatrist. I did take her advice and I went to a different psychiatrist and he believed I had borderline ADD non-hyperactive which he prescribed me Vyvanse and after 3 months of adjusting I experienced the willingness to participate in more conversations and wanting to engage in certain school activities which made me more happy and energized. ”

Anonymous June 6, 2020

For ADHD: “I'm already a thin male. I'm normally 6'1 and about 145. Always been a really thin guy, "Bean pole" is what I get a lot or "dip stick" lol. Now it's gotten even worse with vyvanse. In about 3 weeks I've lost about 10 pounds. I'm currently 135lb and still dropping. I don't eat nearly enough and work really hard plus golf a lot in the heat. I don't necessarily feel sick I just have zero desire to ever eat. Eating seems like a task and a chore now rather then a treat and something I enjoy. It's the ONLY negative with this medication for me. I'm going to start a weight gain shake and begin counting calories to see if that helps me go back to my normal weight.”