User Reviews for Adderall XR

ADHD
8.2

Summary of Adderall XR reviews 8.3 161 reviews

Reviews for Adderall XR

For ADHD "I have ADD and chronic fatigue. I had issues with not being able to focus, total attention deficit, anxiety, zero motivation, sleeping all the time, forgetting to use planner, messy house, no organization. Imagine being stuck inside the deepest fog within yourself and not being able to see clearly. I hated the way I felt. Enter Adderall... started out on 10mg XR adjusted to 30mg XR. Side effects: mild headache at back of head, weight loss and thirst. Head ache went away, fog dissipated, as well as the fatigue, messy house, anxiety and attention disorder. I am able to focus, I tackle one thing at a time, I can prioritize, I can get up in the morning and not dread the day ahead of me. I smile a little more, laugh a little more, procrastinate less. I am able to give my children more of the attention they deserve. Adderall for me is not a cure all or a wonder drug but it held my hand and pulled me from the thickest cloud of fog when nothing else could and for that I am thankful."

Vanillablue February 21, 2019

For Narcolepsy "Adderall XR 25 gave me my life back that Narcolepsy, Cataplexy, Hypnogogic Halucinations, Night Terrors, Excessive Fatigue and Depression had taken from me. Regretfully, now I am on Medicare and even though for six months my Part D covered the Adderall XR, my new plan will not. They say it is not an FDA approved drug for Narcolepsy. I think it should be. Did they ask any of us that used it? Not me. I am forced to either go Generic trial and error or just go back to a nightmare life again in my retirement years when my husband and I were planning to move and to travel in our camper a little. Plus I am scared of withdrawals after twenty years of use."

Maggiesmom January 24, 2019

For Narcolepsy "Works really well to stop me from having small episodes of random intense sleep."

Guy (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For ADHD "I have both ADD and ADHD and also narcolepsy. This medicine does control moods and also helps with depression I have notice. I'm going to a psychiatrist for a further notice but I can say it helps me a lot but when the pill gets out of the system you feel some what down and frustrated. But once it kicks in you're on your feet not depressed and doing things around the house etc. But the down side is the foods you intake I feel like any vit c kills the drug. And it's bad that your body needs vit c like Apple's etc, but in the long run of 10/10 this is a great drug for people with ADHD and ADD also sleeping a lot."

Lee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

For ADHD "25 year old female with ADHD and MDD and am currently taking 30mg of Adderall XR twice daily along with Celexa 20mg. My new psychiatrist switched me to XR after my GP had me on IR which caused raised BP and anxiety. Adderall XR has given me back control over my life. I am no longer struggling to complete tasks, have endless patience, have become more naturally social and less avoidant of people. I no longer get overwhelmed at the thought of having to do something. I am much less impulsive, especially financially, as I got into $17k of debt and am finally organizing my life to pay it off. The only negative is that it is addictive. Before adding Celexa, I had a difficult time weaning off and taking tolerance breaks. I would go through severe withdrawals and depression. Celexa has helped me lower my dose and allows me to take breaks without feeling like I am going to die. Overall a good medication when responsible monitored and taken. Really changed my life."

MissXo92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2018

For ADHD "good for focusing on one task at a time"

knj April 12, 2018

For ADHD "I am 18 years old and I'm here to share my experience, like many people say this medication works miracles at first, I was now doing everything ADHD/mild depression and social anxiety stopped me from doing. Once I progress towards the sixth month problems slowly started coming up and day by day you fall back into where you started, if you keep going you'll get even worse. The feelings of depression, anger, anxiety are almost unreal and it causes me to take the medication and do nothing but lay in bed instead of being energized, although it could be the 6 hours of sleep every night adding up. tips for beginners Take weekends; breaks off eat, drink, and sleep."

Jakob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2018

For ADHD "I've been taking Adderall XR 25mg with an optional 10mg of instant release in the evening for a little over a year now and it works almost as well as when I started. For me, it seems to last about 8 hours. Some of its benefits have lessened, but it really helps with reducing impulsivity and hyperactivity--I seem to have endless patience which is very helpful"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2018

For ADHD "I was off and on addrall for a year. I had a psychotic episode a few times with this medication. I went back on it in October of 2017 and I was on 15mg. When I went on 15mg my anxiety was more severe than before, I was really depressed too and I sometimes lost feeling in my legs. I also lost feeling in my lips if i lick it a few times. I won’t recommend this medication if you have bad anxiety or depression because it can make it like x2."

Alphaaa (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2018

For ADHD "I’ve been taking Adderall XR 20mg for 2 months now. Works great to keep me focused on tasks for my job at Lucky’s and just random chores at home. Sometimes I feel an extra boost is needed in middle of day."

Mac kid408 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018

For ADHD "Trying over IR"

Tracey Deneen Weaver (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2017

For ADHD "Adderall XR 20mg, doesn't help me at all. I can't tell I took it. The manufacturer is Activas Pharm"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2017

For ADHD "Adderall XR does exactly what it's supposed to for me. I suffer from very little noticeable side effects. The most noticeable ones are insomnia when first taking this medication, lack of hunger in the beginning, and slight dry mouth. Overall the side effects are not bad at all. The only negative for me is it feels like the medications stop working after 6 hours for me."

Yeahidk77 August 24, 2017

For ADHD "I have struggled with ADD since I was in grade school. Although diagnosed, my mother was not about putting me on medication. That being said I struggled really bad until I graduated. I am now 22 & have been out on almost any ADD/ADHD medication you can think of. To keep it short & sweet, Concerta & focalin worked for about an hour then I turned into a horrible person to be around - extreme mood swings, aggression, agitation, really easily annoyed, & hostile. My doctor decided to put me on Adderall XR 10mg tablets & let me tell you it has saved my life!!!!!! It lasts all day for me, I am more focused, my heart rate doesn't jump to extremes like it did on Focalin. It actually makes me more relaxed & enjoyable to be around. 10/10"

MLMKG2223 August 19, 2017

For ADHD "This drug provides great concentration for a couple hours. However, after a couple hours I predictably experience extreme anxiety, depression, and irritability. It can easily cause you to get into an argument with someone you love because you are so easily irritated and frustrated by anything. The anxiety is the worst. Being a previous smoker, Adderall increases my craving to smoke by ten fold (a habit I have quit and hardly have cravings for anymore). I also find that the drug clouds my ability to think when doing brain intensive work such as programming, math, or even typing. I think that might be related to the dosage though. I don't recommend this medication to anyone (other than those with severe ADHD)."

aloomis85419 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2017

For ADHD "I take the extended release once a day. I recently got a dose increase for my extreme fatigue. It has been about 3 weeks and I do not like the symptoms that occur with it. I feel like a zombie, I don't enjoy talking when I am on my medicine, I get extremely bad frequent headaches, I am even more tired when it wears off but I am unable to sleep, I get really irritable and moody. With the lower dose the main problematic symptom I would have was the dry mouth, but that was manageable."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

For ADHD "Mine may be a somewhat rarer case of ADHD, that is very severe, and my response to amphetamines is almost perfectly paradoxical for the best known effects. I sleep better and longer with significant blood concentration (it's neutral for going to sleep, but keeps me asleep longer), have better appetite, cannot achieve euphoria or a "high" from amphetamines, only a mild feeling of extra energy. For me adderall is far less effective than single ingredient D-isomer formulations. Best guess is that the L-isomer is what ruins it for my condition or perhaps the more exotic salts. Vyvanse, Desoxyn, Dexedrine are much more effective and without side-effects for me. Didn't expect the difference, but adderall doesn't work well with my brain chem."

B. AdultADHD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

For ADHD "I take one a day. It helps me concentrate, and also helps me feel ambitious and less depressed. But when it wears off in the evening, I start feeling sad and easily agitated. I can take up to 2 a day, but I usually only take one, because I don't want it to cause any heart problems."

Pickle8696 March 24, 2017

For ADHD "For symptoms of ADHD (impulsivity, inability to sit still/restlessness, and inability to focus on a task at hand), I give this medication a 10/10. That said, I have Tourette Syndrome, and would caution ANYONE with Tourette Syndrome to stay away from stimulant medications, because they seem to exacerbate existing tics quite aggressively (I have tried 10-40 mg methylphenidate [RITALIN] and 20mg ADDERALL XR). I gave it a 10 based on it's effectiveness for ADHD, but factoring in the aggravation this medicine causes to tics, I would give a 5/10. I have a "good" United Health Care plan, and they would ONLY cover the brand name; even with insurance, the co-pay for a 30-day supply was $35.00."

R.W. (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

For ADHD "My son is 13 years old and has have been on Adderall for about 6 years now and was recently switched from Adderall XR 15 mg to Adderall XR 20 mg. Today is his first on the 20 mg. So far he noticed a large difference in the effects. He said when he was on 15 mg XR for 2 years and he didn't even notice his attention span had dropped and his grades had also been, He said felt no effect whatsoever from 15 mg. The 20 mg has a noticably large increase in effectiveness . For the first time in months he feel back to normal and refreshed. He said never knew my body could grow a tolerance to a medication so quickly. I am curious if every dosage will get weak like the 15 mg. I don't want to keep elevating the strength for him as I'm worried it is bad for his health."

Elias O´Donnell (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 5, 2017

For ADHD "Helped my life entirely. I'm a more productive and clinical learner now. Didn't realize how bad I wasn't able to stay focused until I took this and noticed the difference. Sleep and eat fine on it. After the first week that is. But the lack of appetite restlessness wasn't even that bad even then."

Billybandman December 28, 2016

For ADHD "I was taking Generic Adderall 10 mg twice a day. I took it for a month and had a number of side effects that disappeared over time, except for 2 of them, increased excessive urination and stomach problems. So my doctor switched me to Adderall XR 20 mg. The side effects are pretty much gone so far, I have been getting sour stomach, but I started a pretty good probiotic - 9 strains 50 billion bacteria- and it's helped some. I've been on the xr for 3 days now. I can't say much for it being consistently effective though, it's also much more subtle as far as focus/concentration goes, and it seems to wear off much sooner than its supposed to, though it's hard to tell. I experience no crash at all. It's definitely much gentler than the IR version."

RjoyD (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

For ADHD "Takes about an hour to two hours before affects take hold. Ability to focus and think clearly become apparent. Some shortness of breath here and there. I'm fit and active. Increased symptoms of PMS during cycle."

Tracu October 19, 2016

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was in 3rd grade and went through just about every medication. I have anxiety and some medications really made it worse. Now 18 and in college and I've been on adderal 20mg extended release for 3 years and every once in a while I take a "tolerance break" taking a break from it really does help when you go back to us using it. Take it early in the day or else you will most likely be awake until late hours of the night"

Holla_back September 15, 2016

For ADHD "The first month I took this was perfect. Better focus, better moods, more productive and was able to process info better. Then I got my refill and things got bad. Those particular ones messed with my breathing, made my mind race, so focusing was even harder than before I ever took meds for focus, horrible anxiety and paranoia. I know these two prescriptions were technically supposed to be the same, but they certainly were not the same! This stuff felt like either completely different medicine or it was made from some dirty dirt cheap ingredients. They were both Actavis, but something just wasn't right with that refill. I didn't even go a full week taking those. I felt heartbroken because the first one worked so well."

KNW8787 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016