User Reviews for Adderall XR

Learn more about Adderall XR.

Narcolepsy 7 reviews 15 medications

9.1
ADHD 131 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Adderall XR reviews 138 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Adderall XR

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was in 3rd grade and went through just about every medication. I have anxiety and some medications really made it worse. Now 18 and in college and I've been on adderal 20mg extended release for 3 years and every once in a while I take a "tolerance break" taking a break from it really does help when you go back to us using it. Take it early in the day or else you will most likely be awake until late hours of the night"

Holla_back September 15, 2016

For ADHD "The first month I took this was perfect. Better focus, better moods, more productive and was able to process info better. Then I got my refill and things got bad. Those particular ones messed with my breathing, made my mind race, so focusing was even harder than before I ever took meds for focus, horrible anxiety and paranoia. I know these two prescriptions were technically supposed to be the same, but they certainly were not the same! This stuff felt like either completely different medicine or it was made from some dirty dirt cheap ingredients. They were both Actavis, but something just wasn't right with that refill. I didn't even go a full week taking those. I felt heartbroken because the first one worked so well."

KNW8787 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

For ADHD "Works great for my ADHD. It's the first drug I was prescribed for it and I think I'll be sticking with it. The only effects other than helping with focus that I've had so far are some extra energy and a little bit of a reduction in appetite. I'll have to switch to immediate release next month though, since the extended release pills are still a little bit expensive."

Xelleld (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For ADHD "I've struggled with ADD my whole life. When I was a kid I was put on Ritalin for a few years and it was amazing at helping me concentrate. Before I hit middle school my pediatrician ripped me off of it saying I "grew out of it". I went on through life thinking it was just in my head. I'm now 32. I was always fog headed and trouble concentrating. I talked to my doctor and she said I'd have to see a psychiatrist to get on the medication. My boyfriend's Mom talked to her family doctor and she said she would help me. I met with her and was put on Adderall XR 20 mg in the AM and 5mg IR in the afternoon. It's simply amazing. I lost some weight and I can clearly focus. My boss has noticed a huge difference and I got a promotion at work!"

momx2x August 25, 2016

For Narcolepsy "I use Adderall XR 20mg at morning wake up for narcolepsy and find it effective. It helps like nothing else to start a day off "awake" as can be. I am also prescribed 20mg IR taken twice throughout the day as needed. As well as Nuvigil (armodafinil) 150mg at night right before sleep. Balancing meds is vital for this disease. But back to the point Adderall XR is amazing."

IrishDoc (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2016

For ADHD "Was placed Adderall XR 20mg once a day. The first month was fantastic. I could think. I had bounds of physical energy. My mood was elevated. I had problems starting with the second month. The positive effects were no longer there and the negative ones were enhanced. I did some research and found out it was an issue with the brand. Not all generics are the same despite what everyone is told. I got Actavis brand. I found out that not only are generics allowed to differ in potency by 60-120% (40 less potent than some or 20% more potent than some) but Actavis was allowed to use its own proprietary formulation. If you are put on Adderall XR or IR be cautious about what generic you get. Some work way better than others."

Jwright7784 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2016

For ADHD "I take 20mg Adderall XR daily for ADHD. I feel extremely productive, focused, and proactive while on it. My first day taking it, I usually am a normal eater, I could only eat a sandwich bag of pretzels before losing any appetite. That night, despite eating almost nothing, I biked 21 miles (my standard biking route), without stopping, in record time, without even feeling exhausted. Now, each day I take it, i feel very intelligent and concentrated, and come up with ideas easily, as well as feeling great all of the time. In my opinion, Adderall is the greatest thing to grace humankind, and I would suggest it to anybody who has difficulty focusing, especially if you are overweight. I lost 25 lbs in my first 3 months taking it, though."

3dprinterguy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2016

For ADHD "Before Adderall couldn't keep a job longer than a few months, I changed majors in college over 6 times, I couldn't finish anything in my life. Four years ago I went through a divorce and knew I was going to have to work full-time to support myself. I went to my doctor and told him everything, I was diagnosed with severe adult ADD and prescribed 20mg of Adderall xr once a day. Today, I am still at the same job, have been promoted, and in school to finish my master's degree. I can honestly say if it wasn't for Adderall I have no idea where I would be. I now take 20mg xr two times a day and have for the last three years it still works great. Lately my moods have been all over the place so seen a psychiatrist and am starting lexapro in addition"

erica2002 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2016

For ADHD "Since starting Adderall XR about 6 months ago, I am more focused and headstrong than ever. I can actually DO the things I used to enjoy, such as birdwatching (which requires extreme focus) and practicing music (again, extreme focus). Once my attention locks in, I'm good to go; which is a first! Furthermore, it seems to help with my emotions; I feel more balanced and self confident on it, I don't feel like such a "headcase" and so emotionally fragile. Kind of sort of a miracle drug. Did it make me suddenly do things I have been putting off, such as cleaning and sorting out paperwork? No. But can I clean and do paperwork with more patience and ease? Yeah. The only side effects I experienced that were negative was extreme appetite suppressment"

PollyDarton (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

For ADHD "I suffer from a fairly severe case of ADHD, and take 30 mg Adderall XR daily. Having been on this medication for quite a few years now and taking an almost 7 month break from Adderall, I've gained a better understanding of myself both on and off the drug. Adderall gives me a balance in every sense of the word. It helps me regulate my emotions, gives me the focus I lack, and allows me to feel whole inside. I also feel that it helps me with connecting to others. With impulsivity as a main symptom of my ADHD and one that gets me in a lot of trouble, Adderall helps me to be more mindful when I am communicating myself to the people that I care about. Aside from the mild appetite suppression, this drug really does wonders for people like me."

Courtpie447 March 3, 2016

For ADHD "Many doctors seem to be convinced that if you have an AD disorder, you simply can't get high on stimulant medications. This is NOT the case at all. First off, stimulant medications in general work well... very very well. The first day I took adderall I was at school. About an hour after I took my dose of 20mgs I started to feel this awake, alert, energetic feeling inside. I liked, a lot. For the next 5 hours all of my boring subjects became very interesting and I became a very social person. After about a month, those effects started to go away. I went to the doc and asked for a dose increase. Without any hesitation, he DOUBLED my dose to 40mg. I quickly found my self abusing adderall. 1 year later and I'm now in rehab for drug abuse."

michael santos February 19, 2016

For ADHD "I have MDD, GAD, and ADHD. The worse trifecta in my opinion. The reason why is because when I start treating one disorder the others get worse. Well I had gotten my MDD and GAD in check and on to treat my ADHD so I was given a very low dose of Adderall XR (10mg). It was way too over stimulating for me. I had so much anxiety that I couldn't even focus which is what Adderall is supposed to help you do. So I switched over to 5mg Adderall XR and while my anxiety didn't shoot up like the last dosage it still was ineffective."

Wibblet (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For ADHD "Ughh I'm so depressed reading the positive reviews (I'm a bit envious I guess) but I take the adderal XR for ADHD and it would work for me for only an hour and that's it after that I would be a zombie. So tired, no motivation. Bed ridden to be honest. I'm devastated it works for so many people. I had such high hopes. Back to the scratch board again. I didn't want to believe it was the medicine because of all the positivity but it definitely is. Quite depressed."

Nicki9201987 January 7, 2016

For ADHD "Overall- I'd say that Adderall XR is better than Adderall IR. Sometimes I feel faint on Adderall XR. I can't take it every day because I get too tired. I have weird side effects with medications. I usually get all of the side effects when I take medications. I also have depression too. Hopefully, Dexedrine will work."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2015

For ADHD "Honestly taking adderall has help me very much. I no longer fight with others and I'm not overly sensitive anymore. Ever since I have been taking it my grades have gone up. Just a month I went from failing everything to passing all my classes. For me I don't have any negative side effects except one. When I drive alone at night sometimes I think I see something on my passenger floor move and it freaks me out immensely, but thats rare. Overall I my symptoms leave and go."

Nickname already in use October 27, 2015

For ADHD "I remember when I was 8 and put on glasses for the first time and was astounded that I could see each individual leaf. But I was more astounded that I had been living for years without that essential clarity. The first week taking Adderall XR was like that. At once I had realized just how disabled I was-- but also how capable I could be. Five months ago, I was on the brink of losing my retail job due to numerous register mistakes. After taking Adderall my sales numbers are stellar, and I feel like I can go back to college again. Only negative is the weight loss-- but since I was overweight anyway that side effect is just fine by me. Insomnia is an issue, but not overly frequently. Taking it immediately in the AM solves it."

cantos (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2015

For ADHD "It's been a blessing since being on adderall XR. I can think better and focus so I can succeed at a lot of things. Everyone with ADD should be on it."

Nba3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2015

For ADHD "I take my 30 in the morning with a light breakfast n I'll be set for most of the day. It seems pretty Alright to me.!"

BigDDDP (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 27, 2015

For ADHD "Adderall XR lasted no longer for me than Adderall IR. I was prescribed 30mg XR twice daily with its duration being four hours before it stopped working."

InfiniteBravery (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2015

For ADHD "I'm an 18 year old girl and I have ADD along with Bipolar/Schizoaffective. Because I have psychotic symptoms, the highest dose of Adderall I can take is 30mg. My problem is, it doesn't keep me focused more then 3 hours or so because the dose is low and even though it's a low dose, I can't seem to eat at all. I've been struggling with my weight for a while due to hyperthyroidism. I'm 5'00 and 89-95 lbs. my goal weight is 100. I can't afford to lose more weight. The risks are outweighing the very minimal benefits."

ArdatLilith September 11, 2015

For ADHD "I started out taking the regular Adderall version, but it didn't last long and made me have horrible crash periods and steroid like rages. So far, the Adderall XR seems to be working better, but it does reduce my appetite substantially. I've had to start taking weight gain supplements to ensure that I maintain my proper weight. If I miss a dose, I feel pretty lethargic and extremely sleepy. However, the medication has allowed me to read and focus better than I ever have, and I seem more motivated. I'm also able to talk better with others, and my social skills have definitely improved."

Rufio03 August 12, 2015

For ADHD "I absolutely love Addreall. It helps me to complete my tasks and I have no problem skipping it when I don't have any projects or paper work to do. I don't ever think about it when I skip it. I believe it is a very great medicine for someone who is having a difficulty to focus on one task. Adderall has a bad reputation only because people abuse it. If you overeat, overdo or overtake anything - it will cause harm to your body. So it's not a surprise some people are getting addicted to Adderall. You have to UNDERSTAND why do you need it and why are you taking it. If you don't abuse it, if you take prescribed amount per day and if you skip it on weekends or whenever, you will be perfectly fine and it will serve you well."

AK4747 July 23, 2015

For ADHD "This medication is to my brain like glasses are to a pair of eyes with poor, blurry vision. Personally, this medication is what works best for me. It isn't perfect, but it is better than nothing. I have ADHD inattentive type, and I also have social anxiety. I understand, this is a stimulant so of course it will make my anxiety worse. But I feel more motivated and more confident in myself and my abilities. I resent taking this everyday, but I make sure to take this prior to school or work or any day I need to deal with responsibilities. Also, take it after you eat breakfast if you can. For me, the benefits outshine the negatives."

Morgashporg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2015

For ADHD "I take Adderall XR 30mg 1 time per day, when I started I worked great as long as I took it before 12:00 noon, afternoon I was up all night, after about 3 months, I could not tell that I had taken anything, my Dr. added 1mg intuitive it seems to work ok, I am about to the 7th month and back to I can't tell weather or not I take it. I do not have a past of any dependencies or addictions (except nicotine) so I am not sure where I will go from here. All in all it is a good Med for ADHD. The only side effects are dry mouth and grinding my teeth as it wears off."

Jabwoods (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2015

For ADHD "Worked perfectly for the first week (10mg), my mind was completely clear and I felt almost no anxiety whatsoever. Second week(20mg) started feeling suicidal, worst i've ever felt in my entire life. Parents thought it was out of character, I couldn't stop crying- worst emotional pain i've ever felt (I've never felt like that before). Was convinced it wasn't the medication, but felt better as soon as I stopped taking it. If you're feeling this way while being on it, it's probably the medication... I was convinced that it wasn't until I started seeing that a couple other people had similar reactions. 19/female"

ggggg888 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015