User Reviews for Adderall XR

Narcolepsy 8.8
ADHD 8.1

Reviews for Adderall XR

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For ADHD: “I am a male in my thirties. Adderall is the third drug I tried to tread ADHD after doing trials on Vyvanse and Concerta. Vyvanse worked but did not last long enough and I had bad crashing (headache, exhaustion). Concerta did not work for me at all, made me lethargic and even more distracted. Adderall at 20mg a day gives me energy to focus on work and my kids. It lasts me until sometime in the evening. I have trouble sleeping some nights on it, other than that the side effects are negligible.”

Bo · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2020

For ADHD: “Activist Dextramp-amphet ER (30 mg.) [ generic for Adderall ] is HORRIBLE. NOT effective. Causes nausea. HORRIBLE. I have taken this drug for over 3 years and I know what it is supposed to do.”

Theophilus · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2020

For ADHD: “Adderall is very useful but recently I was ignorant and thought it would be okay to take a little extra at night to help clean my house. I took a bigger extra dose then I should have and a few hours later I felt pretty awful. I am very productive and more positive on the right dose of this med, so I recommend trying it or Desoxyn, because it is said to have fewer side effects like anxiety and panic and irritability post dose. Like all meds, Adderall is a blessing when dosed right and a curse when dosed incorrectly. I noticed that I paced around a bit when on it but I didn’t feel that anxious. It isn’t fun and enjoyable to take a big dose, don’t do it. God made everything to be used in moderation and it is much better for the whole society when we obey the wise instructions of our doctors and leaders. Be careful, obey your doctor, and may God bless you all to succeed in your treatment plans and in your lives. Amen”

Anonymous February 6, 2020

For ADHD: “I was diagnosed with ADHD combined type and have tried Ritalin and Focalin. Both weren't that great for me so my doctor prescribed me 10 mg of Adderall XR. Adderall has made me have better multitasking skills and helped me pay attention. It hasn't really helped with being hyper or being impulsive and has given me bad twitching eyes. It also has made my sleep schedule weird so watch out for that.”

Jarbles · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2020

For ADHD: “Game changer. First DX by A pdoc: ADHD. What, no? Yes. I felt like I was only working with one puzzle piece and finding out about ADHD was like being given the other 999 pieces. At first Adderall IR didn’t seem to do much but I slowly realized it was like putting emotional and mental blinders on where I could see the rest of the world but mainly focus on the task at hand. Job saver for sure. Since I have a high tolerance to meds XR saved me from constantly trying to remember to take next dose when I started crashing. Tops.”

Aelena · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2019

For ADHD: “I was on 10MG XR for 3 months and it worked amazingly. This is a very good medication if you have trouble functioning like a normal person, although be prepared for really dark thoughts if you decide to stop taking it. Withdrawal from this drug is no joke, it can make you want to die...but if you keep taking it or taper off slowly you should be fine.”

Jdsumner · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 5, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I was originally prescribed for adult ADD. I took it for several weeks with some results, but I soon learned that it was great for a sleep disorder as well. Recently, I stopped taking it, but soon afterward, all I could do was sleep all day. I was extremely fatigued. I had a blood test for hypothyroidism but it was negative. The only side effect for me was hypertension which I take medication for, but lately, it has been elevated. Nothing the doctor can't fix by increasing the dosage of my blood pressure med. I don't plan to stop this mediation unless I need a larger dosage to work. Currently taking Adderall XR 20mg in the morning and regular Adderall 20mg at noon. Moreover, it helps ease my craving for carbs. It works better than any antidepressant.”

Margie · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

For ADHD: “I will never give this to my child again!, I know all children are different but I'm sticking with Dyanavel XR. While he was on Adderall he was acting angry and violent, like he was on some kind of illegal drug, his facial expressions were intense, and he could not sit still, and was very emotional. so I have to give this a 1 star on my personal experience and my son's”

Retr · Taken for 10 years or more September 28, 2019

For ADHD: “Overall, 20 mg Adderall XR for ADHD helps me to focus. The problem with adderall is it makes me sweat something awful. Anyone else annoyed with sweating while taking adderall?”

Braden · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 26, 2019

For ADHD: “Well first off. Adderall is an Amphetamine which assist with the production of dopamine. Very close relation to meth. I am 21 years old and I started Adderall again. Previously I was on Adderall from age 8-13 and it worked great. Some say ADHD is not real and it just a symptom of bad health etc... I have been very very healthy and unhealthy which produced no changed in brain fog. Now that engineering is my main task in like I seem to have a hefty amount of brain fog. Adderall does in fact help with focus but the downside is the extreme crashes that happen when you stop taking it.”

KCinOK · Taken for 10 years or more August 25, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I’ve taken Adderall XR since 2007 when I was diagnosed with a narcoleptic-like disease. It works well for me and has continued to work on the same dosage amount. When I first started taking it, it did decrease my appetite and I had issues with dry mouth, which still happens every once in awhile. I have no problems sleeping at night, but may not get as much deep sleep as others and still spend more time in REM sleep than the average person (according to my Fitbit at least). I wouldn’t be able to work or care for my children without it.”

Mama carp · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “How long does it take for this medication to have an effect?”

Myst · Taken for 10 years or more August 9, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I grew up taking Adderall since elementary school, but tappered off all medications shortly after reaching legal age. I was convinced that it was all in my head and that I simply had to learn to cope with life like a "normal" person. However, when my inability to stay awake for a whole day continued to persist years later (and catching myself nodding off behind the wheel with a child in the back seat), I realized I couldn't let pride get in the way of treatment. I may still be drowsy throughout the day, but I can stay awake for more than a few hours at a time again. I can't say if or how Adderall affected my libido, having started taking it before puberty, but I am glad I am not bothered with urges more frequently than once or twice every few years. Ultimately, Adderall XR has saved my life in more ways than one. It may not completely prevent me from falling asleep while relaxing during down time, but it does at least help me stay awake when I have something else to focus on.”

WasAlwaystired August 4, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I had severe fatigue for my 20s, 30s, and most of my 40s, and OCD, depression, anxiety and ADHD. I started Adderall XR 20gm and it was beautiful. I asked my Doctor to crank up the dose to 50 then 60 mg and ran into problems, fatigue, blurry vision, depression anxiety and insomnia. This is a Wonderful but STRONG Med. Just take enough to do the trick and vacation once a week. I'm back on 30 XR Adderall and better than ever.”

Loulouland · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2019

For ADHD: “I'm 19. I've tryed a lot of ADHD medication (I'm from Canada so I have less option than the US). Concerta, Biphentin, Vyvanse. With all these medication I've experienced sides effects, or, in the case of Vyvanse, I was not focused enough. And now I'm on Adderall XR and I can tell you than is the best ADHD medication I've tried. I feel like I can multi-task like Vyvanse but more focus, and this focus make all the difference. I don't feel a lot of sides effects, and they are nothing if I compare with Concerta or Biphentin. and Adderall XR is one of the only ADHD medication with generic availability in Canada!”

Peace35 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 2, 2019

For ADHD: “Adderall X R 30mg in the morning along with 5mg of Adderall in the early afternoon seem to help my mood and condition dramatically. If you are ADHD I recommend talking with your psychiatrist.”

Anonymous June 7, 2019

For ADHD: “Went from 70mg Vyvanse to 25mg Adderall XR and I'll just say the Vyvanse was not effective for studying or focus, it made me confused, made me think too much and made me feel kind of bad. I switched to Adderall XR and I was immediately able to concentrate and focus, I was not confused anymore either. I am on 25mg now but I think 30mg may work just a little bit better, overall Adderall XR is the best thing I've ever taken for my ADHD! I also do not feel overstimulated or high from it which is a big plus because I'm a recovering opiate addict and I don't need something that is gonna make me feel like I need more.”

Liza · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 1, 2019

For ADHD: “Please do not take this medicine. It changes you into a different person. I was on this medicine for 7-10 years. I wish I was never put on it. At first it was working I got good grades, focusing. Then I was zombie-like and slowly I changed. This medicine is highly addictive and if you think it won’t happen to me or to my child. It will! I wish they would talk about Adderall addiction more. Doctors push this medicine because it’s so well known and it’s been around forever. Please do your research first before saying “yes” to this medicine.”

Shristi srivastava · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2019

For ADHD: “This gave me the worst experience..”

Vanillablue February 21, 2019

For ADHD: “I have ADD and chronic fatigue. I had issues with not being able to focus, total attention deficit, anxiety, zero motivation, sleeping all the time, forgetting to use planner, messy house, no organization. Imagine being stuck inside the deepest fog within yourself and not being able to see clearly. I hated the way I felt. Enter Adderall... started out on 10mg XR adjusted to 30mg XR. Side effects: mild headache at back of head, weight loss and thirst. Head ache went away, fog dissipated, as well as the fatigue, messy house, anxiety and attention disorder. I am able to focus, I tackle one thing at a time, I can prioritize, I can get up in the morning and not dread the day ahead of me. I smile a little more, laugh a little more, procrastinate less. I am able to give my children more of the attention they deserve. Adderall for me is not a cure all or a wonder drug but it held my hand and pulled me from the thickest cloud of fog when nothing else could and for that I am thankful.”

Maggiesmom January 24, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “Adderall XR 25 gave me my life back that Narcolepsy, Cataplexy, Hypnogogic Halucinations, Night Terrors, Excessive Fatigue and Depression had taken from me. Regretfully, now I am on Medicare and even though for six months my Part D covered the Adderall XR, my new plan will not. They say it is not an FDA approved drug for Narcolepsy. I think it should be. Did they ask any of us that used it? Not me. I am forced to either go Generic trial and error or just go back to a nightmare life again in my retirement years when my husband and I were planning to move and to travel in our camper a little. Plus I am scared of withdrawals after twenty years of use.”

Guy · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2018

For Narcolepsy: “Works really well to stop me from having small episodes of random intense sleep.”

Lee · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2018

For ADHD: “I have both ADD and ADHD and also narcolepsy. This medicine does control moods and also helps with depression I have notice. I'm going to a psychiatrist for a further notice but I can say it helps me a lot but when the pill gets out of the system you feel some what down and frustrated. But once it kicks in you're on your feet not depressed and doing things around the house etc. But the down side is the foods you intake I feel like any vit c kills the drug. And it's bad that your body needs vit c like Apple's etc, but in the long run of 10/10 this is a great drug for people with ADHD and ADD also sleeping a lot.”

MissXo92 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 15, 2018

For ADHD: “25 year old female with ADHD and MDD and am currently taking 30mg of Adderall XR twice daily along with Celexa 20mg. My new psychiatrist switched me to XR after my GP had me on IR which caused raised BP and anxiety. Adderall XR has given me back control over my life. I am no longer struggling to complete tasks, have endless patience, have become more naturally social and less avoidant of people. I no longer get overwhelmed at the thought of having to do something. I am much less impulsive, especially financially, as I got into $17k of debt and am finally organizing my life to pay it off. The only negative is that it is addictive. Before adding Celexa, I had a difficult time weaning off and taking tolerance breaks. I would go through severe withdrawals and depression. Celexa has helped me lower my dose and allows me to take breaks without feeling like I am going to die. Overall a good medication when responsible monitored and taken. Really changed my life.”

knj April 12, 2018

For ADHD: “good for focusing on one task at a time”