User Reviews for Adderall XR (Page 3)

Learn more about Adderall XR.

Narcolepsy 7 reviews 15 medications

9.1
ADHD 127 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Adderall XR reviews 134 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Adderall XR

For ADHD "I started on 20mg Adderall XR 1 month ago. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 13. I was first medicated on Ritalin and I went off of it because it made me very uneasy on the insides. I managed to get through school with all applied courses because a gold fish had a higher attention span then me. If I could turn back time I would have chosen the Adderall path. Just a few side effects that really weren't to bad, I lost a lot of weight because it suppressed my appetite, it was all weight that I could afford to lose and I feel better about myself, I do however have to make a list of tasks before I begin my day or I just get super hyper focused on one thing for to long. I grind my teeth and I have to take sleep-aids but it's worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2013

For ADHD "Started off with Concerta in May 2012 it was not effective at all, switched over to Adderall XR 10mg in July 2012 for seven days as a starter dose, then started Adderall XR 20mg, I noticed a considerable difference between the two medicines instantly. I am able to focus for a very long period of time without being distracted, my grades improved exceptionally, I went from receiving grades below 55% now my lowest grade is 83%. The benefits of this medicine do outweigh the side effects for me, I noticed 20 minutes after taking Adderall, I have increased bowel movements, lower libido and decreased appetite. I stop taking Adderall during breaks and long weekends, the first day not on it, I am extremely tired, exercising and eating healthy helps."

JT07 May 25, 2013

For ADHD "I have been taking Adderall now for about a month. So far so good, it's helped me focus a lot. I felt good before in regard to mood, now I feel even better. I'm concerned it may cause libido issues when I have been on it longer. "

Levi9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and narcolepsy 15 years ago, I have been on every formulation of Ritilan there is, but Adderall XR works the best for me."

grizley April 26, 2013

For ADHD "I've been taking Adderall since my sophomore year of high school and I'm about half way through college now. When I first started taking it I went from D's and F's to straight A's. I loved everything. I wanted to learn everything. I also lost about twenty pounds just from loss of appetite. But now that I've been on it for a few years when I don't take it the withdrawals hit so hard. I can't even remember what the real person I was before I started taking it. My appetite sky rockets and I don't want to do anything but sit around all day. No motivation. I love being on it and being so productive but sometimes I get so overly focused I get really irritable with people around me. "

Kelbel926364 April 24, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "The best! No nighttime anxiety like on Concerta ,feel stable and able to think and be organized a good 10-12 hours . Also acts as an anti anxiety and anti depressant for me."

DrBunny March 15, 2013

For ADHD "I'm able to tackle life and with a good mood."

adds November 15, 2012

For ADHD "My focus and energy increased immensely. I did a 4 to 6 page research final paper in 3 days. I finally can focus on tasks and not spend hours and hours on one task because I dosed off and daydream. I also did a 13 page AP English within 9 days. I'm glad I decided to take Adderall XR at the end of high school and now I will be taking it while I'm in college. Is it a cognitive enhancer which is said a lot ABSOLUTELY NOT. It doesn't make you smarter, it doesn't improve your thinking, and it doesn't improve your memory. It just do what its suppose to do and helps you focus. The bad thing is that it is hard to sleep."

NBA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2012

For ADHD "Amazing."

nopelol (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2012

For ADHD "I am 22 years old and never was a bad student throughout school but was always very unfocused when it came to reading comprehension and listening to lectures. I now work for a general physician and she seemed to notice my frustration with not being able to get anything done when there was a lot to do. I would get very aggravated easily and had very bad mood swings. My doctor prescribed me Adderral XR and I waS very hesitant to take it. When I started taking it I felt like I was much calmer, was able to do my job. It's really great me and my husband get along now because I'm not so uptight. It does give me dry mouth and insomnia but I can deal with the no appetite. Overall I think it is great!"

Smiley - Reece cup (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2012

For ADHD "Adderall XR works wonders. I can finally get my scattered brain to focus on one thing at a time. The downside is that it doesn't work as long as advertised. I am lucky if it lasts 6 hours, and I work for 8. Once I get home, I feel like I'm having a major caffeine crash. I've heard that once you adjust to the medication, you stop crashing so hard. I've only been on it for one month. "

LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2012

"It took a while to find the right problems then the right medicines, then the right dosage but once we did even my husband could tell the difference and I could too. It was an immediate difference, the next day with the Clonazepam I felt an instant calmness and togetherness that I had not felt before. I take 40mg (2 x 20mg XR) in the morning with Clonazepam 1 - 1 mg tab because I have panic attacks and anxiety sometimes. Then 2 -1 mg Clonazepam at night which relaxes me and I am able to not have nightmares and can sleep. Without the medicines including the Lexapro 20mg I have terrible depression, nightmares, cannot concentrate, the post traumatic stress disorder takes over and the hypervigilence is awful. The drugs have made such a positive difference and my husband agrees."

PWinega March 30, 2012

For ADHD "I am a 36 year old African American female graduate student who is currently applying to med school, while working full-time in a hospital pharmacy. I had been on Effexor 150mg daily for several years for depression. Last March (2011), I was diagnosed with ADHD by a LCSW with 30 years of experience in the field. Initially, I was on Concerta 36mg, but switched to the less expensive Adderall XR 20mg daily. I find that my concentration is much better, but I have lost 30 lbs. & have a decreased libido. After taking Adderall XR 20mg for only 3 months, I saw significant improvements in my MCAT score (8th MCAT attempt)! This year, I am will definitely obtain a competitive score & finally secure my spot in med school. THANKS ADDERALL XR!"

FUTURE MD February 14, 2012

For ADHD "It helps with everyday activities and I stay attentive and more focused."

Anonymous January 31, 2012

For ADHD "Definitely makes me focus and achieve all things; through home and work. No more daydreaming! 30Mg XR."

gemzy January 17, 2012

For ADHD "Been on Adderall XR for a week and I can tell a huge difference in my daily life. I was prescribed 20mg once a day. I am 35 years old and I believe I have always suffered from untreated ADHD. My only complaint is with no insurance it is a fairly expensive medication but so far well worth the cost."

Anonymous November 4, 2011

For ADHD "I've been on Adderall since I was in high school, so about 5 years. It works well for my concentration and allows me to focus for an extended period of time, such as when studying. This medicine has definitely helped me but it has a lot of side effects. For me, loss of appetite, euphoria, and dry mouth is the most common. Headaches are frequent, but nothing Ibuprofen can't fix. I've been on/off antidepressants that affected the Adderall. When I was on Lexapro, taking Adderall would make me irritable, anxious, and paranoid. Sometimes to a full blown panic attack. Now I'm on Prozac and the Adderall combination is fine. But I still get anxious and mildly irritable when the "high" of the Adderall decreases."

Anonymous October 28, 2011

For ADHD "I have always known I was intelligent and a doer, but I could never finish a project or class work without starting another(2-3 really!) projects. Therefore I would always get depressed and feel worthless, I couldn't handle small talk and had extreme anxiety when I had to go to church because I couldn't sit still for more than 20-30 min without wanting to burst. My mom always found ways to teach me to calm myself down in different situations but she didn't understand how bad it was. She also didn't believe in medicating her children. I wish I could describe what my first 5 employers said about me when I left their companies. I will just say this, Adderall XR 20mg once in the morning has seriously made the difference in my life."

Anonymous October 14, 2011

For Narcolepsy "I always been tired a lot (chronic fatigue), but symptoms worsen after my son had a near death auto accident, he was only 4. I took antidepressants for 8 years. It worsened my Chronic Fatigue. I was a mess, everything was falling apart around me. I did research on Adderall and talked to my Doctor. I take 40mg a day, I can't explain how much better I feel. I have control of my life again. I have energy to care for my family for the first time in years. Side effect is irritable at night, insomnia but the longer you are on it and the earliest you take it doesn't cause too much problems sleeping."

Mitzy69 September 11, 2011

For ADHD "I'm 18 years old. I have been on Adderall for about 3 years and it is amazing. I'm ADHD. I have tried Vyvance which did nothing for me. I have also tried Ritalin which caused a complete mood change. I had very depressing thoughts and a overall bad mood. The littlest things would set me off. I thought I was going to kill. Adderall is what I found right for me. "

Anonymous September 11, 2011

For ADHD "My 10 year old son has taken Adderall XR for about 3 years now. This medication is amazing! Twenty years ago my oldest son was diagnosed with ADHD and I refused to medicate him because all of the children I knew that were medicated were "zombies". This time when I had a child with ADHD I decided it was not fair to not medicate him and am so glad I did. With Adderall, he is alert and well behaved (for the most part). He says he can focus instead of daydreaming all the time. Insomnia and loss of appetite are the only problematic side effects we have, but have been easily remedied with Pediasure and melatonin. I take him off medicines two weekends per month to be sure he's not getting dependent and he goes right back to his normal ADHD self."

blinki218 September 6, 2011

For ADHD "Helps calm me down a lot."

amanda3368 August 19, 2011

For ADHD "I am 43 years old, dropped out of high school, had many bad relationships, many bad decisions, and could never finish 1 thing when I started it, could never be organized, could never remember things when first told, always lost things or misplaced them, tripped over my own feet, and was never good at keeping appointments, I would forget about them. I have been on Adderall for 4 years, had my ups and downs with it, have had to change the dose some, go off of it on my days off, because it got to where it wasn't working as well, and if I medicated myself, I took to much, or not enough. I do notice a BIG difference in the generic, even though they say its the same. Adderall XR has worked wonders for me, and has changed my life."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

For ADHD "Alright, if you're here, you probably already know most of this, but I'll say it anyway... This drug is f'ing amazing. I was a medical student before I accepted the fact that I had some serious issues with inattention. Some doctors/psychologists/etc. will try to tell you that you don't have ADD because you didn't beat kids up in class in elementary school, or because you managed to achieve some academic success, but let me tell you.. it's real son! I made it through med school with minimal use, but my surgical residency became a disaster quick. Please believe me when I tell you that this med single handedly saved my career as a surgeon. If you have any doubts, it's worth your while to look into adderall."

luvmesomeadderall March 7, 2011

For ADHD "On my 4th day of Adderall XR! I just bumped up to 20mg today, and let me tell you, best ADHD drug I have ever taken! One, I feel happy and content. Two, I am a ton more focused! And three, I can sit on my couch and just chill or go out and play basketball with my friends or basically do whatever, my motivation is amazing! I tried Focalin XR, Concerta, Strattera worked for a year, then just stopped working. But I asked my doctor to let me try this medicine, and that is the best choice I have ever made. No insomnia but be ready for a loss of appetite. I lost 8lbs. in the 4 days I've been taking this. As long as it keeps working as it is, I can see me being on this for a long time."

circahasfallen February 27, 2011