User Reviews for Strattera

Learn more about Strattera.

ADHD 243 reviews 36 medications

5.5
Summary of Strattera reviews 243 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Strattera

For ADHD "This stuff must've been brewed up by a demon in the depths of hell cause it was awful. I can't explain the feeling when it kicked in other than I wasn't prepared and I could definitely feel it kick in. Also it was too much for me to really be helpful.. I felt a lot like i did when I tried to take vivanse once and it was so bad I threw the stuff away and years later I'm just trying to get back on meds. Well it also makes me really tired and agitated but it's difficult to sleep after it kicks in because for the next three or four hours if just hits me in waves. A week into taking it I started getting so bummed I eventually started feeling suicidal. Will never take this stuff again."

Shaky91 August 25, 2016

For ADHD "I see a lot of people bad mouth this medication. It works extremely well for me, and I responded within just a few days. My psych doc says he has a number of patients that this med worked well for as well. It is also an effective antidepressant for me. Just my experience."

contemptforcommies August 18, 2016

For ADHD "We started strattera 10mg then 18mg then 25mg for our 9yr old. In the beginning it was great, after about 5 days of each dose it was clearly time to increase to the next dose, but now we have been at 25 mg for over a month and the impulsivity and anger has gotten worse again over the past 2 weeks or so, and we can't increase the dose any further. Will be calling her doctor Monday to change to something else. An alarming thing to me is that she is also sad and crying a whole lot, which is new. This child never cried before."

LKR1204 August 14, 2016

For ADHD "My 6 year old son (ADHD/Autism) starting taking Strattera about 6 months ago because he had a bad reaction to stimulant medicine. Was on 20 mg and it did not help him. The doctor increased it to 40mg and now he cries all the time and about everything. His concentration is still really bad. I will be talking to his doctor soon."

Jenn W (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

For ADHD "I started taking Straterra in February of'16. About three weeks ago I began to cry at the drop of a hat. Three days ago my depression worsened and began to become almost delusional with themes of guilt. I feel better since I stopped yesterday and today. I will ask my Psychiatrist to take me off and commence with Vyvanse. Crying and emotionally labile isn't me. I'm glad I stopped it before I hurt myself."

James Blakely July 18, 2016

For ADHD "unbelievably bad ,seems to exaggerate all of my adhd problems 4 fold . i started on 40 mg even though im 91kg in weight and ive read up and they say it should be a mg per kg . so im guessing my doc was cautious , not a bad thing.So i went to 60 mg things didnt change i was wanking 4 times a day and sleeping only 3-5 hours a night and hardly eating a thing .i cant be arsed typing any more"

steviesuperstar July 18, 2016

For ADHD "I'm 36 yr old female who has been on Strattera for 8 months. When I started back to college full-time my focus was a mess and it took me hours to write the simplest of papers. Growing up I greatly struggled in school and clearly it was due to undiagnosed ADD. As an adult I was diagnosed w depression/gen anxiety but never found much relief from medications. Once I began the 80mg dose of Strattera, I was sleeping better, able to focus in class and at home while tackling work and much of my anxiety is gone. Over the break my dr suggested some people take a med break , so I did -- now realizing what a huge difference it made for me. Side effects in the beginning were heartburn, but I took a Xanax w dose and it subsided in about a month."

Stina9724 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2016

For ADHD "This drug works mildly, not as well as stimulant medications like adderall. Unfortonately while it mildly boosted concentration and motivation it severely increased my anxiety, ,heart rate, and tremors. Stimulant medications actually decreased my natural tremors. My pupils were always dialated as well. To me this drug is a stimulant like super caffeine not a medicational stimulant."

Innattentinve ADHD July 4, 2016

For ADHD "My experience with this drug is a bitter sweet one. However, the bitter side to it overpowers the sweet by LONG SHOT. Since I was a kid, I've had behavioral issues and it wasn't until I was in my mid teens that they began to truly effect my way of life and my relationships with those around me. I had been taking Bupropion in combination with Sertraline and had no serious problem or complaints. However, when I started to wean off of the Sertral and began taking the Strattera, I began to get irritated and just downright pissed off for no apparent reason. The slightest things set me off, and it's only gotten worse with increased dosage. I'm gonna stop taking it all together. Screw a bunch of this unprovoked anger stuff. It helps no one."

MrSixNineGod (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2016

For ADHD "I'm giving it a 5 for the moment. I just started it last week and it looks like I'll have to commit at least 2-3 months to see if it really helps. The first week, I was on 25mg and I could feel the change in productivity and lack of procrastination. However, when talking to people, I almost felt like I was over focusing which resulted in not hearing what they were saying at all. I did have a couple of days of facial flushing and water retention. Today I started 60mg and I haven't been as lethargic and tired in a long time! I got hardly anything done. My eyes were burning because I just wanted to sleep. I felt down on myself for being so lazy."

Wildflower18 May 30, 2016

For ADHD "Strattera was like water through my system, dirty water; did nothing except give me terrible distress: Stomach aches, terrible constipation, nausea, constant dry heaves, and, at last, vomiting that almost had me fail my last school semester. Oh, did I mention the irritability at all the side effects? Had to quit cold turkey"

Nicknasf May 23, 2016

For ADHD "I have been taking Straterra for 2 years now! Side effects are awful at the beginning and last 6-8 weeks! I feel normal now and I don't have the irratability I had on other medicines. I think it depends on the person."

Mom of too many kids times 100 May 14, 2016

For ADHD "great drug with few if any side effects.... especially in adults."

drwizard (taken for 10 years or more) May 2, 2016

For ADHD "My Doctor put me on basically the fastest titration. 40mg for 4 days then 80mg after that. The first 4 days on 40mg were awful. The worst of the side effects being insomnia. I had to call out of the work for the a few days to catch up on sleep. I could not fall asleep at ALL. The Doc prescribed Trazadone to sleep. That helped after being sleeped deprived for a few days. I've heard of people upping their dose and having the side effects lessen and positive side effects increased. WRONG. First day on 80mg I had crippling nausea, body aches, massive headache, off the chart irritability, burning urination (with white discharge), and thoughts of SUICIDE. No joke. I've read of people having this happen them but it's a rare side effect."

M Ricci April 27, 2016

For ADHD "Diagnosed with ADD this year, I initially wanted to go without medications. Being a senior in college I have deadlines, and I noticed my grades suffering significantly. I decided to give medications a try. My doctor prescribed a 6-wk starter pack of Strattera (25-80mg). I noticed a difference in attentiveness but after week 4 I felt lethargic, unmotivated, sad, impatient, VERY irritable, and depressed. I didn't go to class, didn't turn in homework and my grades took a deeper dive in that month. My psychiatrist then prescribed Vyvanse (30mg). I have been on it for a month and it helps ME stay focused without losing sleep and decreasing my appetite, best of all my grades are improving! My worse side effect is dry mouth. Hope this helps(:"

Ther314 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For ADHD "I have had ADD for several years now (I'm 24). I was taking adderall for a while but it flared up my anxiety. I am now prescribed Strattera, and so far, no good. I'm only on day 3, but I feel absolutely exhausted and irritable. Considering giving up on it because it's the end of the school semester and I can't afford to feel this tired with all the work I have to do."

KylaJoy April 14, 2016

For ADHD "I have never been diagnosed with add or adhd but was having trouble concentrating. I approached my doctor and he prescribed this drug. It worked perfectly. I no longer have problems paying attention and am doing extremely well in school. My inattention did not return after I stopped this medication."

Anonj26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

For ADHD "I have been taking stratter for 3months now ! I'm more tired when I take it bad I'm assuming gas pains but I don't care for it !"

Wav1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

For ADHD "I was on Adderall and that worked amazingly!! But I was paranoid and depressed which effected me so much I had to switch. I switched to strattera and it helped! Then it started to not make a difference so I got upped to 100mgs. I have to eat right after or else I become very ill(nauseous)."

18 year old girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

For ADHD "Hey, I'm a 20 y/o Medical Assistant (Internal Medicine), After being on Strattera for about 2 months, and even though I complain about my pts not battling through side affects to achieve benefit, I as well, failed to reach the finish line. I Re-Starting Strattera 4 months later, I think I finally figured out why this medicine is so difficult for me. I have come to realize that this medication is relatively a "Shock Collar" more or less. Strattera doesn't actually "Help" my symptoms but yet, "Shocks me" (Punishes me) when my symptoms show through. Every time I get distracted, or overly excited, start mono-logging thoughts in my head, etc. the side affects flare up. I dont know if this is true for everyone, but it is what i have noticed."

MA, Internal Medicine (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

For ADHD "while taking strattera it didn't really help with my ADHD but it did cause unwanted nausea and once I reached my target 80mg dose I began to get extremely hot then started to sweat a lot and finally threw up the strattera."

15yrOldBoy (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

For ADHD "Strattera has proved to be quite beneficial for my cognitive performance. It has increased my memory, attention and organization of thinking. The side effects I've had have been nausea and trouble sleeping but as I keep taking it in sure it will subside more. I currently take 40 mg and working up to 80 mg."

Zizek (taken for less than 1 month) February 29, 2016

For ADHD "So this is my second and final review for Strattera. I am sad to say that about 1.5 years on the drug were AMAZING, but at around 20 months the drug started to not work well, or not "kick in" and "poop out". Doctor added Adderall 5mg twice a day as a booster and that worked well for about another 6-8 months, and then started "pooping out" again. Possibly Adderall was also "pooping out", but since I was only using it as a booster, I didn't see the point of upping Adderall. Eventually I started getting pretty regular migraines that I had never had before, and they were debilitating. I was at my wit's end, was traveling, and got snowed out, didn't fill my Strattera script, and just stopped taking it. I don't regret it. Trying Wellbutrin now."

Slightly Mental (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2016

For ADHD "Strattera made me tired during the day and kept me awake at night. It was miserable at night. I took it for 3 months before I couldn't take it anymore. Now I take 200 mg of wellbutrin twice daily and that seems to help quite a bit with my moral and the way I view myself in the world. Honestly the strattera made a zombie out of me."

A.J. cham February 16, 2016

For ADHD "Tried Strattera for ADHD, because I wanted to try a non-stimulant. Within about a week, I was depressed and crying over the littlest things. It was NOT for me. Also diagnosed with anxiety, Zoloft mellowed me out, but too much so, I felt apathetic and gained weight. Tried wellbutrin and became violently sick (throwing up.) Adderall XR I didn't like, just felt high and tweaky. Finally found relief in a combination of Vyvanse 30-40mg and Lamictal 150mg. Truly life changing, along with gluten/dairy free low sugar diet, and good sleep."

Rachael702 February 10, 2016