User Reviews for Strattera

Learn more about Strattera.

ADHD 288 reviews 38 medications

5.4
Summary of Strattera reviews 288 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Strattera

For ADHD "Started taking 60mg of this medicine for ADD & anxiety triggered my ADD. It took about a week to hit my system, while it helped somewhat with my ADD. It wasn't major. I was still forgetting things like crazy and was able to be side tract. It's been 13 days and I'm stopping it today. It has made me an emotional WRECK!!!! I've had CRAZY mood swings like seen in a damn horror movie. Yesterday, I woke up happy then saw puppy shit on the floor and I LOST IT. I was a crying wreck. It was so bad I laid on my floor and screamed tears! I've never been depressed insane. Couldn't find my shoes- crying screaming mess again. Left the laundry in the washer over night- another HUGE breakdown."

KaliBB May 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "This medication has worked great for my son! Family history of ADHD and possibly bi-polar. Recently noticed my son has been talking in his sleep. Nothing to worry about but just an obvious side effect. 2nd week in on 18 mg. This is the 2nd time we have tried the Strattera and it seems to be a very effective medication for focus and concentration, helping the anxiety and frustrations. He also has quite a long list of differences like dyslexia, ADHD and dyspraxia which contribute to a slight depression. The Strattera seems to help with everything including the impulsivity. Depression seems to fade and life goes on. Just wanted to make note for anyone that may be interested or taking this medication that talking in sleep is a side effect."

Mom of 11 y.o. boy (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I had such high hopes for this med to work out but it simply does not do it for me. I have suffered with ADD my entire life and after being over medicated on anti-depressants, bi-polar meds and anxiety meds my neurologist put me on this. I did not want to take another drug that could possibly become addictive however now that I have been on it for 8 months and get almost no relief I do plan on switching to something different. It may work for some but did not do well for me personally."

Kvmr17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I have been on this med 4 days now. The first day I made the mistake of taking it night before bed, boy was that s mistake! Up all night really bad insomnia. Day 2 I took it in the afternoon when home from work at 2 pm. I curled up on lazy boy and did not want to move, ended passing out due to pure exhaustion, needless to say I did not get up till the next morning 15 hrs later. Day 3 about 1 hour after taking developed slight nausea and the feeling of extreme skin sensations like things crawling on me , but those do subside after about couple hours. On 40 mg and going to stick with it and ride it out for a few weeks to see is side effects lessen. Also on 450mg of Wellbutrin at the same time. I think it is working in a weird kind of way!!"

Billybagels (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My nine year old son was put on this for impulsivity, lack of ability to pay attention and retain things at school, and to help the "spazzy" moments. At first he was a walking zombie so we gave it at night. Eventually he was able to switch to taking it in the morning as his body got used to it. But still he would crash as soon as he got home from school. He says the medicine makes it hard for him to sleep in anymore even though he's tired. He is less spazzy and can pay attention better. But I don't know what to do about the emotional roller coaster we get from him being so tired from it towards the late afternoon or evenings. He just seems too sedated. I want him to be able to focus. But not be blah. It seems like it took his happiness."

KF5 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I took this med for ADHD with hopes of helping w/anxiety & depression. I had headaches right away and began lying in bed all day long. I wanted this to work so I stuck with it despite constipation, dry mouth/eyes and headaches. My mood was worsened and I had a flat affect. I didn't laugh for two weeks. It wasn't until I stopped taking it that I realized how depressed it had made me. Once out of my system, my libido also returned. Drugs change the brain chemistry and for some it works, for others it doesn't. Straterra is not for me."

favoritesister (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Strattera has changed my life, my relationships, and the way I feel about my self. This drug takes time to get into your system mine took about 2 months, with some uncomfortable side effects at first, but one you over come those this medicine truly works. The problem is most people just want to jump to the next drug. I feel like a normal human being I'm no longer extremely reactive, irritable, irrational, and emotionally all over. I have found to be emotional yet stable (I'm not just some zombie) I am not constantly making impulse decisions. I have improved my relationships with my family and friends and feel finally like my self and have control over my life. So great film and I hope many others find the same happiness. female 21"

H.A.S (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Absolutely a joke... gave me rage and did nothing for my ADHD symptoms. PASS!"

Impulsivi T. April 7, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Strattera is a wonderful ADHD medication if you know how it works for you. For me it takes a solid 8 weeks before the full effect of the Medication kicks in to full potential. When it does. I have a superb memory through paying attention. My Dr. Increased it from 40mg when it worked well but not well enough. To 80mg. Then I had to restart the 8 weeks. Like the 40mg, I started noticing a difference in 5 weeks. After 6th week it's a perfect mix. Superb focus that seems to get better week after week. I'm glad I gave the Statterra a chance."

Swerve186 April 6, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Has helped me a lot with focusing and getting tasks done. I had some nausea during my first and second weeks. Taking it with food was helpful. Overall, it worked pretty well for me."

Johnny NY (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Awful experience with this drug after taking it for 5 weeks. Started on 40mg for 4 weeks, then went to 80mg. Stopped using it after 1 week on 80mg. All adverse symptoms became much worse and no relief for ADD at all. Extreme tiredness, dizzy when sitting up, insomnia, intestinal pains and moderate burning during ejaculation. Was formerly using Adderall for 20 years which worked great, but because of a recent heart attack at age 50, my doctor recommended a change to Strattera. To me, this medication was just awful. The worst of the side effects were complete lethargy/sluggishness and insufferable insomnia. Now I will continue to look for another Adderall replacement or asking my doctor about possibly trying a lower Adderall dose."

HJ123 March 19, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Female, 28 and have been on Strattera for 5 months and it has changed my life. Went back to a college to finish my high-school degree, after having dropped out of high school in year 9 due to pure inability to focus. I was always in a daydream before this med. Motivation is increased 10x fold. I also had panic attack disorder with half a dozen panic attacks every day! About 3 weeks into this med and the anxiety lifted. Anxiety is 100% gone. No other med in my life has ever done that. Not even actual anxiety medications. I'm more social. Have more energy and general satisfaction with life. I am so happy with this medication and truly believe this is an absolute miracle medication. I think this medication is more for people who have ADHD-PI"

Cungy March 19, 2017

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "-- Initial ramp up weeks made me sleepy and very "cloudy". Good luck if you manage a team at work or have a detailed oriented job. -- The "best" period lasted for a couple of months. Sleeping was normal and I felt pretty "clear-headed". However, it made my emotions "neutral" to almost everything. Like a cardboard cut-out of the real me. No laughing at jokes. No "natural" sense of urgency when the situation called for one. -- Then the side-effects really kicked in. I would get dizzy when standing up. Then dizzy just sitting up in bed. I recall I read something about it can mess with your blood pressure. The "gray cardboard cutout" feeling got much stronger, plus I could not easily carry on a conversation during meetings."

Strattera is false advertising (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I am a really happy person and this drug made me depressed. I did not want to hang out with my friends and I would randomly cry. Do not do it. It does not even help with your ADHD"

Carlypopo February 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I am a 27 year old male, on this drug for 3 weeks so I can't really comment on it's efficacy, as it takes 2-4 weeks to start working. All I can say is it didn't help me. I took 40mg for 7 days, then went up to 80mg for 2 weeks. I had to stop taking it because of the side effects - I was getting severe irritability to the point where I was yelling at the top of my lungs at people for minor mistakes and generally grumpy. Based on this and other side effects - needing to urinate far more regularly than usual, heart palpitations, feeling down for no good reason and insomnia - my doctor decided it wasn't right for me.This is a rare reaction which is unlikely to happen to you, but if you get it, tell your doctor."

OneOfTheUnluckyOnes (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I read all these reviews and I still took it. I told my doctor about the reviews and my concerns and she pushed me to try it so I did. Progressively I could not leave my house. I was so tired. I could only have the strength to shower once every 9 days. I felt myself becoming more and more tired and for some reason I just stayed with it- I gradually increased the dosage and ate it with food, all the tips everyone's said I've done because I wanted it so badly to work. But it has made me sick and I'm not sure if I've recovered even now, a month after stopping. The final straw was me starging to feel worse I had been in years. Please do not be like me. I saw the reviews and I did not listen."

Alice1113331 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I started taking this medication about 2 months ago. My doc had me start out at 40 milligrams for one week and then upped the dose to two 40 mg capsules twice a day. At the second month, I started taking just one 80 mg capsule around mid-afternoon early evening every day. So far the drug has seemed to greatly help my ability to focus and really experience the world around me. I'm able to finally slow my mind to a cruising speed instead of an outright race. Strattera has made me calmer and more composed when it comes to social interactions with others and encountering stressful situations. Also, I seem to be getting really positive and more optimistic in everyday life making me feel as if the drug as some mild antidepressant properties"

ahaney43 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Water pill worked about as well without the terrible side effects."

Quando62 February 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "The first meds prescribed to me (NZ) male 19, Stopped taking this immediately, experience almost all the side effects and it is not worth it for me as the body seems to hate it. May be worth a shot for you but I'm not taking this rubbish for 4 weeks to get any benefit for ADHD symptoms not worth all these side effects IMO. Plus I was told I can't stop it once I build it up in my system. No thanks feels like poison in me"

First medication (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "This medication sucks. I took 20mg Adderall XR, which worked wonderfully for my ADHD, for a month, but had to get off of it, because I have Tourette Syndrome and Adderall aggravated my tics. My physician then put me on Strattera. It is extremely expensive, since it is patented until May 2017, and I was given a sample 6-week starter titration pack (from 25mg to 80mg). I took a 25mg capsule last night around 7 PM, and an hour later, I was nauseous/lost my appetite, and I experienced sexual dysfunction (it took over an hour to reach a burning, painful orgasm). The next day (today), I am constipated and depressed. I'd recommend clonidine or guanfacine before trying this garbage for ADHD."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD late and started Strattera about a year ago. When one gets a diagnosis like this late in life, one contemplates missed opportunities along the way, so I was very hopeful at the beginning. My insurance balked, because it was only approved for children, but eventually, I started it. A year later, I stopped. I don't know what the reasons are, but I felt no effects whatsoever. I stopped about a month ago, and never even noticed anything since stopping. I know doctors don't want to prescribe amphetamines or opiates or anything which has even the slightest risk of dependency. Fine. Then what? And what is out there for adults with ADHD?"

Now What? (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Started off on Webutrin (Bupoprion) because Strattera was non-formulary and required approval that didn't meet my schedule. Switched, and noticed a dip in mood, but figured that it was some sort of withdrawal from being off Welbutrin. Started at 20mg P.O. for 10 days with no effect, increased dosage to 40mg as scheduled. Strange dreams, not quite nightmares. unusual temperature regulation, cold chest, sweating legs. Started to experience severe difficulty in just getting out of bed, started to have significant irritability and being outright enraged over some things. Started to experience signs of depression. Girlfriend noticed and said that she was actually worried about me. Called doc, was advised to stop. 36 hrs back to normal."

Scatter Brain (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Well, started taking strattera around 6 weeks back, had ADHD since I was a child. (23 now) been on ritilin and a couple of other ones when I was young, can't remember the name of the other two. Took myself off the meds when I was old enough to leave school, looking at how people are describing their children's symptoms are bringing it all back. How every day at school trying to eat was the biggest challenge, YES I could sit still, YES I was "well behaved" but all the time every day I just felt ill. All some parents and mostly schools care about is if every child in the room is quiet and being educated. I'd never felt so free when I took myself off the meds. Strattera is kind of working for me now but is causing a lot of changes to my body"

M neeson (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My daughter was diagnosed with ADD in the 1st grade. I didn't want to start her on a stimulant right away and our pediatrician recommended we try Strattera. I am happy to say that my daughter is now in 11th grade and has been on Straterra her entire time in school...we went through all the ups and downs of titrating the meds, which combo worked and which upset her tummy but all in all this has been the best med for her. She is now on 80 mg and has been since she stopped growing. Unfortunately, the meds have gotten extremely expensive and even with a coupon, I will have to pay over $350/month to keep her on this until we hit our $5,600 deductible. I am very disappointed in the manufacturer that they have hiked the meds so high."

Gayle from Ohio (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Strattera is the worst ADHD medicine I've ever been on! I was originally on Ritalin (worked well, but not long enough), then on Vyvance (worked great but doctor didn't like my higher blood pressure) and now I'm finally off Strattera after being on it for 11 months, because it didn't work! My doctor is concerned about high blood pressure that can trigger heart attacks and strokes. I'm having lots of problems coming off the Strattera. My doctor is not willing to help with a medication change. Doctors don't know what it is like to experience the problems of ADHD and what we go through."

Not Functioning (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2016