User Reviews for Strattera

ADHD
5.4

Summary of Strattera reviews 5.4 332 reviews

Reviews for Strattera

For ADHD "This drug ruined my life. I took it for five months total. I was only on 25mg and it was giving me heart palps and panic attacks. If I had anything with caffeine I thought I would die. When I stopped taking this med everything spiralled down. I had terrible anxiety, couldn't sleep, couldn't think straight and had dry mouth for months. This slowly improved over two and a half years until I felt normal again. But now after being on other meds like Cipro my symptoms came back and I have to start over. I'm sensitive to any mood altering substance land probably will be for the rest of my life! I used to have goals but now I struggle to survive. I have a friend who came off it fine but in my opinion it's not worth it. Other people I've talked to have had similar reactions. I hope I can do good by offering this advice: don't take strattera to manage ADHD even though it seems safe. I live with pain and regret every day and would give anything to go back and change my mind about taking strattera."

Nik February 11, 2019

For ADHD "I’ve been taking Strattera for a month. After being on it for two weeks, out of the blue, I had an angry outburst; a fit of rage directed at my husband for something small. It was completely out of character for me. Since then I have felt negative, angry, and irritable most days. Also after taking it for two weeks, I started getting a horrible, bitter taste in my mouth about twice a day with an acidic feeling in my stomach (not associated with any food or drink). And I have extreme dry mouth. I had dry mouth while taking Adderall, too, but the dry mouth I’m experiencing on Strattera is off the charts! And it has done something weird with my focus. I’ll be focused on one thing that I want to accomplish, then I get easily distracted by something else and I hyper-focus on that to the extent that I can’t stop what I’m doing (like obsessive compulsive) and everything and everyone around me suffers. My last dose was yesterday. My doctor is switching me back to Adderall."

Anc710 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2019

For ADHD "I have been taking Strattera (50mg) for just under three weeks. I have noticed subtle improvements in focusing and organizing thoughts. The overlapping things to remember in my mind have quieted down. I hope to increase to 80mg at my four week mark. These are the side effects I'm experiencing: daily sleepiness, dry mouth (nothing major), runny nose/clear sinuses and insomnia (until I moved my second dosage to 3 p.m. from 7 p.m.). I really hope the fatigue clears up after a month. That is my biggest concern at the moment. I do not have the appetite suppression, nausea, vomiting or dizziness that some people have. Also, I take it on an empty stomach. Overall, I'm pleased, but still in the early stages. I would recommend trying Strattera. The generic cost me less than $10 for 30 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

For ADHD "Started taking this medication and was bummed out about it not working for a month, and then all of a sudden, week five and I can feel a difference. It's a much cleaner energy to me than adderrall, with adderrall I can't sleep at night, I grit my teeth, and am almost manic. Strattera is the complete opposite, I can read a book, work on homework and such. Definitely worth the wait.....and no come downs, steady medicine."

anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

For ADHD "Adult ADHD diagnosed with the onset of depression at age of 32. I was on 60 mg of Adderall but doctors will not prescribe controlled substance anymore due to liability of my insurance through Medi-Cal right now. Strattera has done absolutely nothing for me. I started off with the dosage of 40 mg and went up to 80 mg. Makes me tired and nothing else. Pointless to even take just like Ritalin was."

Erika (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2019

For ADHD "I have felt horrible for weeks, feeling like I'm in the early stages of a disease or disorder. Headaches, joint pain, nausea, constipation, stomach cramps, insomnia, dry mouth, feeling irritated, tired, I've even had eye twitching problems which I've never had in my life. I get flushed or sweaty. Iv'e woke up with horrible leg cramps and toes even feel weird. Never want to take this again."

Pumpkin (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

For ADHD "I took it only for a few days. It caused me to have severe rage attacks. I didn't continue taking it. (I do not have anger problems normally). Also gave me hot flashes. I went back to adderall which does not cause me any issues."

AJ (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For ADHD "I have taken this meds over 5 month (10 mg a day) now. It definitely improved as far as concentration, cleared cluttered thought in my head. Now I have no anxiety while I drive because I can focus better. This meds takes time to effect on you and it works if you give it a time. Everybody is different but this meds worked for me without side effect. Be patient with this meds and it will work wonder!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For ADHD "My son took Strattera for 3 months to treat ADHD. He had slight depression when he started it and the doctor said Strattera would help with that. After no improvement in 1 month, his dosage was doubled. Within a few weeks he began self harming. We thought it was the depression, but looking back it linked to the increase of Strattera. This drug and the side effects sent him on a spiral of medication and hospitalizations and could have cost him his life. Stay away!! Read the side effects. Watch for any signs of behavior change and do not take them lightly. This is dangerous!"

Mom November 10, 2018

For ADHD "This med has been the best thing to happen to me. I do feel nausea for a bit after taking it but I started on 40mg dose literally felt amazing after first week . As for a lot of you saying your having horrible effects, there are misdiagnosis all the time and depending on what other meds your taking will change how each person is affected by the med, and everyones body's are different so might suit different meds "

Pacer October 16, 2018

For ADHD "My son was switched to this after an increase in a different med didn't work but the lower dose was not enough. This medication did the absolute opposite. He was sent home from school early day 2,3,and 4 on this medication. An hour after giving the medication he was a different child .. even more impulsive and hyperactive. I kept saying to myself he needs time for it to get in a system.... it needs to build up in his system. After dealing with these awful behaviors and him being sent home I finally called the pharmacist because his doctor was not open being a weekend. the pharmacist agreed that it was a failure to treat with this medication."

Adhdmom (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2018

For ADHD "Does nothing. No side effects, no effects at all to be honest."

Tricky Dicky (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2018

For ADHD "Before I start, I would like to point out that while I have never taken Strattera, my brother has, and it has completely changed who he is as a person. He was diagnosed with ADHD when he was six-- we were so lucky it was caught that early-- and, after a few fluctuations in dosage, ended up on 35mg a day. I can't even explain how much of a difference I noticed in him-- he went from constantly hyper, selfish, and distracted (I understand that those were not his fault, though) to a focused individual with passions. Strattera did stunt his growth-- he's been taking it for seven years now, and at age 13 is 4"6 and 70 pounds-- but I think he would agree with me when I say it is so worth it; he often comments how glad he is to have it. Even after seven years it continues to work well."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

For ADHD "Felt depressed, tight chest symptoms, and nauseas. Did not focus any better."

Ovechkinfan8 (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult in my 30's, I'm now 51. I was prescribed Adderall after my diagnosis. The treatment helped me make remarkable changes in my life during the first few years. Initially the side effects from Adderall were a real nuisance. Fast forward 13 years and I started seeing diminished benefit so I discontinued Adderall. A year later it was apparent that I needed to resume some type of treatment. Due to my increase in age, doctors wanted to try Strattera. I've been medicated on Strattera for over 2 months. I had almost decided to throw in the towel but finally noticed some changes. I feel like my mood, decision making skills and overall energy are improving. The drug has no affect on concentration compared to Adderall so we will need to address that. A great side affect is that my desire to over-eat has diminished! My appetite is controlled but not erased the way it was on Adderall."

Bill September 20, 2018

For ADHD "They said I could experience insomnia, constipation, and nausea and that if I stuck with it they may go away. I got all the side effects after 4 days taking this and not sleeping at all, having absolute constipation on lock down and feeling like I just rode the zipper at the county fair if I so much as sat in a vehicle or turned my head too fast . I stopped taking this stuff! It took another 5 days to SLOWLY get back to being able to sleep, being able to use the rest room normally and once again experiencing no nausea. I would recommend reject any Doctor who prescribes this and run if they try to use you as a guinea pig and push the medicine on you!"

OhMyNo (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For ADHD "I took Strattera 10mg for a few days but had to stop. Even at 10mg, constant headaches, tiredness, hot flashes, heart palpitations and my skin felt tight and a bit itchy. There was more but I'll stop there. No thanks. I know some people say wait it out for 4-6 weeks because its worth it, but I have a feeling, given how terrible I feel on it that It won't work out. Everyone is different and while it will probably work for other people, It's not working with me. It's also very expensive."

Markus (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For ADHD "The first 2 months on it are awesome... focus, drive, energy.. but I need a nap 5 hours after I take it. Then there’s a shift. I’ve done this twice..: Taking 80mg for 2 months then all of a sudden, I’m ANGRY. Agitated. Outbursting. CANNOT focus to save my life.. And EXHAUSTED. I’ve never tried Ritalin but I may now."

Tawna (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

For ADHD "I have been using this for 7 months, starting at 40mg and slowly increasing to 80mg. I have had no side effects other that tiredness, but also no impact on symptoms."

Starterra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

For ADHD "I got diagnosed with ADHD-PI (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder predominantly inattentive) and chronic depression last year at 24, this is one of the best medicines for ADHD. I struggle with inattention and mind chatter all the time, and have been in college for 7 years. However last year was my best year in college, when I was on Strattera (also known as Attentrol) with B Wellbutrin. Don't lose hope and give it at least 8-10 weeks before you see the effects, and honestly it is unreal and has worked wonders on myself. The side effects when I first started taking this drug was pretty intense the first week, but after that I gradually started with 20mg a day to 60mg a day now. The mind chatter was gone in a week, with my attention significantly improving. We live in a society where Patience is no longer a virtue and people want results ASAP. That will not happen with Strattera, but if you were to give it a few weeks, then you would exactly know what I am talking about."

shrizit (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 17, 2018

For ADHD "I’ve tried most, if not all of the AHDH medications, and this is the only one to work. However, I have found the side effects to be unbearable. It causes the worst nausea, that makes you want to skip breakfast AND lunch. I have tried nausea medications, but they just create more problems. The only way to reduce the nausea is to eat, which is the one thing I just don’t want to do. So, I’m stuck without medication."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

For ADHD "This medication is wonderful. Has improved my concentration and no side effects. Of course no medication is going to be perfect but no issues with this one."

CA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

For ADHD "Worst experience of my life. I couldn't handle the side effects for a second day. About 1 hour after taking it I was exhausted slept for about 2 hours woke up disoriented with a killer headache cotton mouth and goosebumps. I didn't want to get up or do anything. I had to pee every 20-30 minutes. Felt sad couldn't sleep well the next day. I had forgotten most of what happened the day before. I told my Dr and they didn't believe me but told me they could prescribe me an anti anxiety med. I went in for my ADHD I don't understand her reasoning."

S.w. (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For ADHD "Today is fifteenth day with strattera. Actually its pretty good. But I'm really really emotional. This morning I cried because my girlfriend didn't have sex with me -_-"

kognitif (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For ADHD "I used it for 5 days before having a near psychotic break. I do not recommend.Ever."

Ribbe (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018