User Reviews for Strattera

Learn more about Strattera.

ADHD 293 reviews 38 medications

5.4
Summary of Strattera reviews 293 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Strattera

For ADHD "My daughter is 11 years old and she has been on 10mg of strattera for 28 days and has just jumped to 18mg. My concerns are the side effects. Skin rash, headaches and severe stomach cramps since going onto the higher dosage. Do I persist or take her off? Doctor wants me to persist but I am worried I am doing more harm. She battles to fall asleep taking pill at 6pm and in bed at 8:15pm. She cried every morning because she is tired. Should I be taking it in the morning?"

Decisionsdecision#1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I think this may be my third review of Strattera, I still give it a high rating because all in all it has done what it was supposed to do. I've had some bad migraines, while on it, and I've gone off it a few times, because I couldn't fill the script or felt like it wasn't working, but I have always come back to taking it in the past four years. My current dose is 25mg, and I also take Adderall, 10mg twice a day. If I had to describe Strattera, it is a great focus/ motivation medication, but it also ups the anxiety, and adderall seems to up it even more. My doctor really doesn't have another solution than to take ativan. Coffee makes Strattera worse, but sometimes it won't kick in without the morning coffee."

Slightly Mental (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "For a little while it did make my ADHD feel better but all of a sudden extreme depression hit me and I was sleeping ALL of the time!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I only took this for 4 weeks & most say it takes 4-6 weeks to work. Initial side effects-- extreme sedation & emotional flattening. I slept the first week anytime I wasn't actively engaged in something & even then I was groggy. That subsided a bit, but I remained very lethargic all day every day for the duration of the 4 weeks & as time went on, I felt more & more emotionally flat & lost all interest & motivation. It certainly completely cured my hyper-activity, but it never helped my focus one bit. It did, however, really help my fibro pain better than anything has, took away my panic attacks, & cut my general anxiety down greatly. Unfortunately, I can't continue to feel so flat, lethergic, anti-social & disinterested any longer."

Jenna4160 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "So I've been using Strattera 40-50-60mg since 8 months. The 50 and 60 mg dose got me very confused and I made a lot of mistakes at my job so I stopped and restart with 40 mg. At the beginning the most common side effects were: nausea, dry mouth, constipation and "sinus headache".. but it stopped after a couple of weeks. However, I started to get migraines (got 5 since I take strattera)... and I haven't got one for the last 6 years before (I'm 22 years old and I had a lot of migraines when I was 10-16 years old)... so I will stop taking the medicine. I also hurt my esophagus scphincter while vomiting cause of a migraine.. and now I have GERD. So even if it makes me feel very calm and I can eat and sleep, I think I'll be better without it."

galopesalope (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My parents took me in for testing in 5th grade because of lacking in school, failing at best. A few years later in high school I went to my therapist for extreme anxiety and my PCP diagnosed me with ADHD. I was put on strattera at age 16. Worked amazing almost right away. My only side effects were extreme dry mouth for a few weeks and loss of appetite . I also lost about 20 pounds. Which I was pleased with because I've always struggled with being over weight. I was doing better in school. Being able to focus on papers and projects and for the first time even doing my homework and turning it in on time. My self confidence grew tremendously also. I made better eating choices and wasn't anxious. Now 25 and starting again! No side effects so far"

Shewolfff July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Started taking 60mg of this medicine for ADD & anxiety triggered my ADD. It took about a week to hit my system, while it helped somewhat with my ADD. It wasn't major. I was still forgetting things like crazy and was able to be side tract. It's been 13 days and I'm stopping it today. It has made me an emotional WRECK!!!! I've had CRAZY mood swings like seen in a damn horror movie. Yesterday, I woke up happy then saw puppy shit on the floor and I LOST IT. I was a crying wreck. It was so bad I laid on my floor and screamed tears! I've never been depressed insane. Couldn't find my shoes- crying screaming mess again. Left the laundry in the washer over night- another HUGE breakdown."

KaliBB May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "This medication has worked great for my son! Family history of ADHD and possibly bi-polar. Recently noticed my son has been talking in his sleep. Nothing to worry about but just an obvious side effect. 2nd week in on 18 mg. This is the 2nd time we have tried the Strattera and it seems to be a very effective medication for focus and concentration, helping the anxiety and frustrations. He also has quite a long list of differences like dyslexia, ADHD and dyspraxia which contribute to a slight depression. The Strattera seems to help with everything including the impulsivity. Depression seems to fade and life goes on. Just wanted to make note for anyone that may be interested or taking this medication that talking in sleep is a side effect."

Mom of 11 y.o. boy (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I had such high hopes for this med to work out but it simply does not do it for me. I have suffered with ADD my entire life and after being over medicated on anti-depressants, bi-polar meds and anxiety meds my neurologist put me on this. I did not want to take another drug that could possibly become addictive however now that I have been on it for 8 months and get almost no relief I do plan on switching to something different. It may work for some but did not do well for me personally."

Kvmr17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have been on this med 4 days now. The first day I made the mistake of taking it night before bed, boy was that s mistake! Up all night really bad insomnia. Day 2 I took it in the afternoon when home from work at 2 pm. I curled up on lazy boy and did not want to move, ended passing out due to pure exhaustion, needless to say I did not get up till the next morning 15 hrs later. Day 3 about 1 hour after taking developed slight nausea and the feeling of extreme skin sensations like things crawling on me , but those do subside after about couple hours. On 40 mg and going to stick with it and ride it out for a few weeks to see is side effects lessen. Also on 450mg of Wellbutrin at the same time. I think it is working in a weird kind of way!!"

Billybagels (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My nine year old son was put on this for impulsivity, lack of ability to pay attention and retain things at school, and to help the "spazzy" moments. At first he was a walking zombie so we gave it at night. Eventually he was able to switch to taking it in the morning as his body got used to it. But still he would crash as soon as he got home from school. He says the medicine makes it hard for him to sleep in anymore even though he's tired. He is less spazzy and can pay attention better. But I don't know what to do about the emotional roller coaster we get from him being so tired from it towards the late afternoon or evenings. He just seems too sedated. I want him to be able to focus. But not be blah. It seems like it took his happiness."

KF5 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I took this med for ADHD with hopes of helping w/anxiety & depression. I had headaches right away and began lying in bed all day long. I wanted this to work so I stuck with it despite constipation, dry mouth/eyes and headaches. My mood was worsened and I had a flat affect. I didn't laugh for two weeks. It wasn't until I stopped taking it that I realized how depressed it had made me. Once out of my system, my libido also returned. Drugs change the brain chemistry and for some it works, for others it doesn't. Straterra is not for me."

favoritesister (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Strattera has changed my life, my relationships, and the way I feel about my self. This drug takes time to get into your system mine took about 2 months, with some uncomfortable side effects at first, but one you over come those this medicine truly works. The problem is most people just want to jump to the next drug. I feel like a normal human being I'm no longer extremely reactive, irritable, irrational, and emotionally all over. I have found to be emotional yet stable (I'm not just some zombie) I am not constantly making impulse decisions. I have improved my relationships with my family and friends and feel finally like my self and have control over my life. So great film and I hope many others find the same happiness. female 21"

H.A.S (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Absolutely a joke... gave me rage and did nothing for my ADHD symptoms. PASS!"

Impulsivi T. April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Strattera is a wonderful ADHD medication if you know how it works for you. For me it takes a solid 8 weeks before the full effect of the Medication kicks in to full potential. When it does. I have a superb memory through paying attention. My Dr. Increased it from 40mg when it worked well but not well enough. To 80mg. Then I had to restart the 8 weeks. Like the 40mg, I started noticing a difference in 5 weeks. After 6th week it's a perfect mix. Superb focus that seems to get better week after week. I'm glad I gave the Statterra a chance."

Swerve186 April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Has helped me a lot with focusing and getting tasks done. I had some nausea during my first and second weeks. Taking it with food was helpful. Overall, it worked pretty well for me."

Johnny NY (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Awful experience with this drug after taking it for 5 weeks. Started on 40mg for 4 weeks, then went to 80mg. Stopped using it after 1 week on 80mg. All adverse symptoms became much worse and no relief for ADD at all. Extreme tiredness, dizzy when sitting up, insomnia, intestinal pains and moderate burning during ejaculation. Was formerly using Adderall for 20 years which worked great, but because of a recent heart attack at age 50, my doctor recommended a change to Strattera. To me, this medication was just awful. The worst of the side effects were complete lethargy/sluggishness and insufferable insomnia. Now I will continue to look for another Adderall replacement or asking my doctor about possibly trying a lower Adderall dose."

HJ123 March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Female, 28 and have been on Strattera for 5 months and it has changed my life. Went back to a college to finish my high-school degree, after having dropped out of high school in year 9 due to pure inability to focus. I was always in a daydream before this med. Motivation is increased 10x fold. I also had panic attack disorder with half a dozen panic attacks every day! About 3 weeks into this med and the anxiety lifted. Anxiety is 100% gone. No other med in my life has ever done that. Not even actual anxiety medications. I'm more social. Have more energy and general satisfaction with life. I am so happy with this medication and truly believe this is an absolute miracle medication. I think this medication is more for people who have ADHD-PI"

Cungy March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "-- Initial ramp up weeks made me sleepy and very "cloudy". Good luck if you manage a team at work or have a detailed oriented job. -- The "best" period lasted for a couple of months. Sleeping was normal and I felt pretty "clear-headed". However, it made my emotions "neutral" to almost everything. Like a cardboard cut-out of the real me. No laughing at jokes. No "natural" sense of urgency when the situation called for one. -- Then the side-effects really kicked in. I would get dizzy when standing up. Then dizzy just sitting up in bed. I recall I read something about it can mess with your blood pressure. The "gray cardboard cutout" feeling got much stronger, plus I could not easily carry on a conversation during meetings."

Strattera is false advertising (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I am a really happy person and this drug made me depressed. I did not want to hang out with my friends and I would randomly cry. Do not do it. It does not even help with your ADHD"

Carlypopo February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I am a 27 year old male, on this drug for 3 weeks so I can't really comment on it's efficacy, as it takes 2-4 weeks to start working. All I can say is it didn't help me. I took 40mg for 7 days, then went up to 80mg for 2 weeks. I had to stop taking it because of the side effects - I was getting severe irritability to the point where I was yelling at the top of my lungs at people for minor mistakes and generally grumpy. Based on this and other side effects - needing to urinate far more regularly than usual, heart palpitations, feeling down for no good reason and insomnia - my doctor decided it wasn't right for me.This is a rare reaction which is unlikely to happen to you, but if you get it, tell your doctor."

OneOfTheUnluckyOnes (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I read all these reviews and I still took it. I told my doctor about the reviews and my concerns and she pushed me to try it so I did. Progressively I could not leave my house. I was so tired. I could only have the strength to shower once every 9 days. I felt myself becoming more and more tired and for some reason I just stayed with it- I gradually increased the dosage and ate it with food, all the tips everyone's said I've done because I wanted it so badly to work. But it has made me sick and I'm not sure if I've recovered even now, a month after stopping. The final straw was me starging to feel worse I had been in years. Please do not be like me. I saw the reviews and I did not listen."

Alice1113331 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I started taking this medication about 2 months ago. My doc had me start out at 40 milligrams for one week and then upped the dose to two 40 mg capsules twice a day. At the second month, I started taking just one 80 mg capsule around mid-afternoon early evening every day. So far the drug has seemed to greatly help my ability to focus and really experience the world around me. I'm able to finally slow my mind to a cruising speed instead of an outright race. Strattera has made me calmer and more composed when it comes to social interactions with others and encountering stressful situations. Also, I seem to be getting really positive and more optimistic in everyday life making me feel as if the drug as some mild antidepressant properties"

ahaney43 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Water pill worked about as well without the terrible side effects."

Quando62 February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "The first meds prescribed to me (NZ) male 19, Stopped taking this immediately, experience almost all the side effects and it is not worth it for me as the body seems to hate it. May be worth a shot for you but I'm not taking this rubbish for 4 weeks to get any benefit for ADHD symptoms not worth all these side effects IMO. Plus I was told I can't stop it once I build it up in my system. No thanks feels like poison in me"

First medication (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017