User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

ADHD
7.8

Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 7.9 694 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with serious narcolepsy I took quite a high dose and now my new Dr wants me to take 90 mg a day I feel sleepy afraid to drive @ night."

Mackie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 17, 2019

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I do not like this medicine at all. I feel awful! I screwed up on my test and studying because of it. It is not for me. I was on vyvanse, but the only issue that I had with vyvanse was that it only lasted 4 hours! I miss vyvanse so my much. It made me feel so good and more confident and my focus was on a thousand and it helped with some anxiety! My doctor and I wanted to give Mydayis a try, because it lasts longer. It does last longer , but I feel depressed, lazy, less focused and just drugged and that's it. I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to let him know , I can't stand this drug at all! I want vyvanse back right away. I really do hope that they can accommodate me. I will give this mydayis to the pharmacy, so that my health insurance will know that, I'm not trying to keep it. It's been only a week since I have been on it. I'm not a fan at all . I want off. It's messing me up."

JJ February 14, 2019

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Worked great but ungodly expensive. ...done with it."

Tom (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2019

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started on Vyvanse about 10 years ago. Eventually was taking 70mg in morning and 50mg in afternoon. I have a pretty hard time with tolerance issues which led me to abuse the vyvanse. This led me to switch to Adderall IR twice daily. Still didn’t fix the problem. Ask my psych about Mydayis and I can tell you it has an effect all day (definitely more then Adderall XR & Vyvanse) it gives you a more calming feeling while adderall caused anxiety & I felt I needed valium. My psychiatrist doesn’t mess around and since I’ve been taking amphetimines for years, he put me right on the highest dose 50mg. So far so good..."

bbur112 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2019

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Adderall XR 25 gave me my life back that Narcolepsy, Cataplexy, Hypnogogic Halucinations, Night Terrors, Excessive Fatigue and Depression had taken from me. Regretfully, now I am on Medicare and even though for six months my Part D covered the Adderall XR, my new plan will not. They say it is not an FDA approved drug for Narcolepsy. I think it should be. Did they ask any of us that used it? Not me. I am forced to either go Generic trial and error or just go back to a nightmare life again in my retirement years when my husband and I were planning to move and to travel in our camper a little. Plus I am scared of withdrawals after twenty years of use."

Maggiesmom January 24, 2019

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I loved it at first! Because it gave me the concentration I needed without a lot of the side effects. Also it lasted all day, but still leg me sleep. But I keep building a tolerance and now I'm on 37.5mg. One thing I really didn't like was how hard it was to get it. It is a relatively new drug that is in high demand so I've run into some shortages."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 14, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Read all the comments about Adderall being an amphetamine. It's a mixed bag. Everyone who has ADHD has different levels. Talking too much or losing weight, lower dosage. Comments about generic differences is true. I have ADHD, panic attacks, agoraphobia, chronic fatigue. Started in 1991 with anxiety. Tried every medication. I had developed a chemical imbalance. I'd rather have lost both legs. People have zero compassion for mental health issues. On Adderall XR 30mg daily for 12 years. I'm 64. I wanted to try 10mg IR so I can manage it better. Use less. For 2 years no insurance & generics didn't exist. Cost $475 a month. Another script cost me $900! It was either bankruptcy or sell my house. Don't believe in bankruptcy; sold house. When your paying $940 a month child support, $1000 in house payments, $1,400 a month in meds with no insurance, what else can you do? And I detest dead beat parents. It truly helps. Go with the lowest dose that works for you."

OlderKSman January 13, 2019

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I received mydayis 25mg 2.5 months ago for severe combined type ADHD (also started lamictal at that time). After taking the 25mg dose for 2 months, I was not impressed. Mydayis seemed to work OK when beginning lamictal, but the effects declined as the lamictal titration from 25mg to 200mg maintenance dose. The benefit of mydayis, was increased alertness on morning commute to work, and a general calming. My focus and concentration remained impaired. The Dr bumped mydayis to 37.5mg and feel calmer and less impulsive, and alertness is increased to the point of insomnia. No relief of concentration or problems forgetting things, losing items etc. In fact I feel quite depressed and drugged."

ADDventurer (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2018

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Works really well to stop me from having small episodes of random intense sleep."

Guy (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For ADHD: "I have previously taken Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall XR, and Ritalin. Adderall IR has had the best mix between effectiveness and side effects for me. Its not perfect by any means, but generally 12.5mg 2x a day works well for me. Still get appetite loss, increased heart rate, and a bit of chest tension. Plus worsening sleep through the week, but the benefits still outweigh all that."

ADHDPT (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Medication did not work well for me at all. I had hopes, but, unfortunately, no."

Carrie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2018

For ADHD: "I was prompted by my doctor to switch to 25 mg of mydayis from 40mg of Vyvanse. After 2 weeks of being on mydayis I can confidently say that this was the worst decision I've ever made. Symptoms that I've experienced include nausea (vomited 20 minutes before writing this), stomach pains, flu-like body aches, confusion, fatigue, dry throat, headaches, and frequent urination. Compared to Vyanse there is no competition. None of my ADHD symptoms were treated effectively by this medication. In fact, I find myself significantly worse off after taking this medication due to the constant fatigue (which is odd for an amphetamine) and extreme nausea. Even now I'm having an extremely difficult time writing this, constantly spacing out, dry-heaving, etc. I plan on switching back to Vyvanse which worked quite well at treating my ADHD symptoms, might try a 50 mg dosage instead. In conclusion, I absolutely would not recommend mydayis for treating ADHD."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking Mydayis 25mg 5 days ago and I really like it so far. I was on Vyvanse for the last 3 years and eventually built up a tolerance to it. I like how Mydayis doesn't give me that "nervous, heart-racing" feeling like Adderall and some of the other drugs do. It's not going to give you an intense rush, but provides a steady, long lasting feeling of alertness & focus. It doesn't affect my appetite, sleep or mood."

Nursey87 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was taking Adderall 20 mg twice a day. It made me anxious and almost paranoid at times. I had extreme highs and extreme lows but I could focus. I have been on Mydayis for a week now and I do not have the anxiety I had with Adderrall and I am not super hyperfocused and chatty like I was on Adderrall. Mydayis feels more natural if that makes sense. I feel more myself now and even my bf said he notices a change. A good change. Also, I had a bit of sexual blah and found it difficult to be "happy" and Mydayis gave me my groove back. I can easily fall asleep but I noticed if I don't lay down and settled, I can stay up. I can definitely fall asleep on it. I like it. I think it depends on the person. I myself don't like feeling like I am bouncing off the walls and Mydayis doesn't make me feel that way but I am more organized and productive. Worth a try to see if it works for you. Feels healthier."

Mydayis better (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Had been taking adderall 30 mg twice a day with ritalin. Worked fine for first week, then started making my left knee swell and leg muscles ache so much, I could barely walk. Once I stopped the 50 mg and went back to ritalin, pain went away after 2 days."

Stephenbaker30173 (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 32 years old. On ADD meds since 3rd Grade. Was on 30Mg XR Adderall in am & 10Mg Adderall @lunch. Doctor recommended Mydayis based off lasting period. He prescribed 25Mg. 1 Mo. in, great, not to mention I was able to fall asleep for the first time in my life without taking a sleep aid. But after 1 month all hell broke lose. Began to notice an odd feeling of like flat line, not happy, not sad. I then got this odd feeling in my chest about 2 p.m. every day + anxious. Contacted doc & he said it worked great month 1 so lets bump it down to 12.5 Mg. Did NOTHING, called the doc back & said I wanted bumped back up. I am now on day 3 of taking the 25Mg & I am short of breath & I have almost a hollow feeling in my chest starting at approximately noon. I'm clenching my teeth, feel irritable & anxious. I've tried Ritalin, Concerta, XRAdderall & Adderall. Recommendations for someone that has taken a lot, and none of the other meds mentioned above have worked?"

Billy October 12, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Mydayis is truly life changing. It provides consistent and even focus throughout my long days at work. No highs and lows in my attention to detail and focus at accomplishing my daily tasks. I hated the highs and lows associated with taking the instant release and the relatively short total duration of effectiveness of extended release. It’s NOT for someone looking for big energy boosts but for ADULTS who struggle daily with focus, attention and productivity. One capsule each day is all it takes to truly give you the life you’ve been missing. Absolutely amazing! !"

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on Adderall for 5 years now, 15mg twice daily. Started on 10mg 2x daily but the lower doses are associated with aggressive behaviors. Is it a flawless savior? Do I still struggle at times with ADHD? Absolutely! Medications, i.e. insulin, all have side effects. As a patient, you must ask yourself if the side effects outweigh the benefits. I refused treatment until age 32 which has been beneficial to my physical health. If you are at the mercy of ADHD, I strongly advise you to use some of the new apps with or without meds. Daily for the 1st 3 weeks is simply miraculous. Lastly, the world or your coworkers don't need to know about your diagnosis. ADHD is still stigmatized as a disorder that only stupid people have. My 1st RN job I was viciously bullied once word got out about my ADHD!! By my fellow RNs!! Now I make more than a Nurse Practitioner!! #Strength"

Tizzle September 29, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I change meds frequently because I build tolerance really fast. Almost every year I switch, and most recently switched from Adderall XR 60mg + IR 30 mg booster to 62.5 mg Mydayis. I LOVE this medication. It runs in the background, so I feel almost no anxiety anymore-- it's not nearly as aggressive. I even stopped needing my anxiety meds. I like to take my pills around 7-7:30, then go back to sleep til 9:30 or so. It is perfect timing for my days. And you don't have to eat when you take these, so it's possible to just roll over and go back to sleep til it's time for breakfast."

monica (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "started 25mg mydayis about three weeks ago. Was on 30mg vyvanse. Vyvanse was good but it took two hours to kick in and wore off about 5-6 hours after it kicked in for me. ( I am likely a fast metabolizer) I am now feeling lazy, a little depressed, and I am eating more food. I can not tell when it hits or wears off. Doesn’t feel like it’s doing much. Maybe my dose was too low? Not sure if I will try a higher dose or change back to Vyvanse. Wish I know how to compare dosages between Vyvanse and Mydayis."

DJT (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've read some of the comments comparing this medication to 'street meth.' That is simply not true and further stigmatizes Adult ADHD, since many still inaccurately claim it's something you grow out of. Well, it isn't and my childhood ADHD went untreated and I could barely function at school. Since taking a combo of Adderall and Wellbutrin, my brain and my life is no longer a disorganized mess. As a kid, I was an untreated C+ student and as an adult I have a PhD. I regret the years I wasn't helped. Medication plus cognitive behavior therapy plus Adult ADD support groups = a better me. If the medicine doesn't work for you, that is your individual response but it doesn't represent all of us."

Adult ADD is real. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 17, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "ADHD drugs are NOT suppose to give you motivation or energy , those are side effects of being on too high of a dose"

ActuallyusingforADHD (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking adderall XR for 5 years now and its been working fine, but my doctor offered for me to try mydayis so that it would last a bit longer, been taking mydayis 37mg for 2 months now and have become increasingly irritable, VERY DEPRESSED and unmotivated, I even relapsed with self harm whichI haven't done in 6 years. I also had my first extreme panic attack. I was finally in a good mindset before I took this which took YEARS of therapy and medications. If you have struggled with depression in the past and still struggle with it occasionally I would not suggest this drug AT ALL."

upset (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been in adderall for about 12 years. I’ve been on 15 mg XR for the past 3 years until I switched to Mydayis 12.5mg. Overall I’ve enjoyed the medicine. I’ve been on it 4 - 5 months. The only negative side effect is my lower back has been killing me! At first I thought I was dehydrated or it was a UTI. Increasing my water intake and an antibiotic didn’t touch the pain."

mpd (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I first was recommended Vyvanse and it worked well for about 2.5 years but it did not last for 16 hours as I needed to have energy and focus for work until 10 pm. I dislike taking the powder at a different time during the day. My Doctor recommended Adderall XR for 1.5 years which allowed me a pill form that I could break up. That is when I learned about Mydayis and because my day starts at 6 am to 10 pm I felt this would be ideal for me. Hoestly, I read the message board and got scared becasue of all the wild side effects mentioned. None of those things happen to me. Same side effects as the other two for me but Mydayis allows me to take one pill which last 16 hours and has improved my focus, energy and moods. I use to talk to much when my previous pills were its peak but I am less apt to do that now. I feel both pill worked very well just Mydayis works better. I am unsure why it just does. I get mydayis free until January 1, 2019."

Normal September 4, 2018