User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 45 reviews 15 medications

8.8
ADHD 380 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Fatigue 19 reviews 0 medications

8.3
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 444 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with sever sleep apnea when i was about 50 I have been tired most of my adult life so assume have had apnea a long time. Tried cpap, forget that, got a somnodent mouthguard which stopped almost 100% of my apneas, but I didnt feel better. Put on provigil like 5 years not really much better same with nuvigil.finally drs and I were fed up I could not make it through a day without at least 2 to three short 5 to 20 minute naps and always felt like had a cloud in my brain and my pcp recommended to sleep dr. to try Adderall. I had no Idea what Adderal was knew it was used for ADAH but really didn't care just went home and took it results have been unbelievable. Almost never take a nap, feel way more refreshed, no brain fog. "

Husky1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've struggled with ADD my whole life. When I was a kid I was put on Ritalin for a few years and it was amazing at helping me concentrate. Before I hit middle school my pediatrician ripped me off of it saying I "grew out of it". I went on through life thinking it was just in my head. I'm now 32. I was always fog headed and trouble concentrating. I talked to my doctor and she said I'd have to see a psychiatrist to get on the medication. My boyfriend's Mom talked to her family doctor and she said she would help me. I met with her and was put on Adderall XR 20 mg in the AM and 5mg IR in the afternoon. It's simply amazing. I lost some weight and I can clearly focus. My boss has noticed a huge difference and I got a promotion at work!"

momx2x August 25, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Calms mind for focus."

Aputpu (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For ADHD: "Prescribed 20 mg x 2. Been on it for 2 months now and I'm weighing the pro's and cons. I fell back to ONE 20 mg. per morning. 2 20 mg was too much. Granted it helps with focus, memory, and makes me a bit outgoing. But at the price of loss of appetite, weak erection, dry mouth, headaches, weakness and muscle cramps, sweating, and a few other nagging issues. It's not the first time for me on this med, or groups. They really are convenient for some of my issues but at a cost. Not so sure if I want my focus, thought process, restored at the cost it brings me in the other areas."

Not sure...on the fence. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2016

For Fatigue: "Hi All. I was first on Ritilan for about a month an a half which wasn't making any difference, and that's when my doc decided to put me on Adderall instead. I feel stablized mentally, but the side effects are killing me at this point. I have slow speech (to the point noticed by others), confusion, dry mouth, and blurry vision to the point where I am starting to worry about driving at night. I am confused at this point as to if the mental benefits are better than the side effects. I will of course talk to my doc, and urge you to do the same."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Fatigue: "I can't really say they did or did not work because I didn't feel extra crappy but I didn't feel the greatest either"

Lissa G (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My life has totally changed for the better since starting this medication about a year ago. I am 36 so when I was growing ADHD didn't exist, but I was that kid that couldn't sit still or concentrate and talked 24/7! This medication has given me my quality of life back, it lifted the "fog" that has always been in my brain and I can't be more thrilled to have found this Med! Thank you Adderall for giving me my life back!!!"

NurseKrista26 August 15, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "my doctor gave me adderall because i cant sit still long enough to concentrate and study and do productive things at work. He gave me 10mg to take twice a day but i didn't feel any effects from the drug. I decided to take 2 10mg at the same time and still nothing. I am so sad right now because all i want to do is concentrate and study and do my job with concentration. I was really excited to take these pill but now am dissapointed. I think I am one of those people who are resistant to stimulant medication"

eliasadc August 13, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My experience with adderall, for one it makes me poop like crazy, I'm super thirsty (dry mouth) and it KILLS my appetite. I don't eat for hours and I didn't have a desire to. But while I was at work I was on top of everything, as far proofreading, catching errors, it does make you focus and more alert. I was multi tasking and the fact that i didn't feel overwhelmed, was a plus."

Shae93 August 10, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I use Adderall XR 20mg at morning wake up for narcolepsy and find it effective. It helps like nothing else to start a day off "awake" as can be. I am also prescribed 20mg IR taken twice throughout the day as needed. As well as Nuvigil (armodafinil) 150mg at night right before sleep. Balancing meds is vital for this disease. But back to the point Adderall XR is amazing."

IrishDoc (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Was placed Adderall XR 20mg once a day. The first month was fantastic. I could think. I had bounds of physical energy. My mood was elevated. I had problems starting with the second month. The positive effects were no longer there and the negative ones were enhanced. I did some research and found out it was an issue with the brand. Not all generics are the same despite what everyone is told. I got Actavis brand. I found out that not only are generics allowed to differ in potency by 60-120% (40 less potent than some or 20% more potent than some) but Actavis was allowed to use its own proprietary formulation. If you are put on Adderall XR or IR be cautious about what generic you get. Some work way better than others."

Jwright7784 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking adderall in 2012 to 2015 with a 15 month break in 2014 due pregnancy and breastfeeding. I was diagnosed with ADD as a child but held off on taking medication until I was 26. Adderall immediately helped with focus and even energy and motivation. I excelled at work and finally was able to complete tasks instead of starting them and trailing off to something else. In 2015 when I discontinued adderall, I was taking a pretty high prescribed dose of 30mg twice a day. I started noticing the cons of the come downs were outweighing the pros of when the medication was working. I had anxiety, irritability and extreme fatigue. They switched me to dex which was much smoother but has increased my BP. I try Vyvanse tomorrow."

Parksc352 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed as narcoleptic at the age of 50 following my diagnosis of sleep apnea. I first tried Provigil and it was a game changer. I had spent the last 30+ years developing my own coping mechanisms to mitigate my EDS. After 6 weeks on Provigil I experienced progressive allergic reactions to the drug and sadly had to quit taking it. When I reported this back to my Sleep Doctor, he put me on the time release 20 mg of Adderoll. Love it!!!! I do get sleepy late afternoon....might need to take a second dose...will discuss with my doctor. My daughter was diagnosed with severe Narcolepsy and cataplexy about three years ago. She also had Graves Disease. She recently had her thyroid removed and just started daytime meds."

Mjferg63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Before adderall i was on edge i had put everything off and neglected myself and my relationship. Now i have that drive to want to do what i love eapecially art. Im a graphic atrist and have that drive again. Anyone that is irritable with every little thing feel lazy cause u dont want to leave your house and have no social life please see a doctor to test u for adhd add it will I promise change and possibly save ur social life and self esteem"

Ch1984 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was first diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 6. My parents at the time decided against treating my illness with any form of medication. This was in the mid-90s during a time where ADHD and ADHD medications were very controversial. This led to self-medicating with prescription opioids throughout my teens and early twenties. It wasn't until several psychiatrists continued to stress the importance of treating my ADHD that I finally decided to try the Adderall. And I can proudly say that it changed my life and saved me from a serious drug addiction. I'm now in my third year of school studying psychopharmacology. Thank you Adderall."

Frank TheHuman Sambrick (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I had been on Adderall for a couple of years. I was finally after being out of it most of the time during my life, was able to get things done and even if I did not get enough sleep at night (I still have that problem). I was fine just taking 20mg in the morning and sometimes (rarely) 10mg around 11:00 am. I did not gain nor loose weight. I did have enough energy though to go to the gym and not worry about driving any time of the day. All was good until Medicare said NO, I could not have it anymore. I am now on Ritalin 30mg in the morning. It helps a little but I don’t ever want to drive far, 5 miles is my limit, before I get sleepy. My sleep is very restless and I wake up many times, avg. around 4hrs sleep out of 9hrs in bed."

The Dawg (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take 20mg Adderall XR daily for ADHD. I feel extremely productive, focused, and proactive while on it. My first day taking it, I usually am a normal eater, I could only eat a sandwich bag of pretzels before losing any appetite. That night, despite eating almost nothing, I biked 21 miles (my standard biking route), without stopping, in record time, without even feeling exhausted. Now, each day I take it, i feel very intelligent and concentrated, and come up with ideas easily, as well as feeling great all of the time. In my opinion, Adderall is the greatest thing to grace humankind, and I would suggest it to anybody who has difficulty focusing, especially if you are overweight. I lost 25 lbs in my first 3 months taking it, though."

3dprinterguy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2016

For Fatigue: "I was started on addaroll in 2002, while in a rehabilitation center for teenagers. I didn't know what ADD was , I knew I couldn't concentrate but never seemed I had a disorder. When I started taking, I realized I could focus easier. I went on to graduate high school. I'm 29 years old now, I'm still prescribed, however the pills dont do much since I've been taking the highest dose for several years every day. Without iim so tired, literally fall asleep sitting up. I've realized how addictive these are, they are becoming harder to fill in certain areas because more n more people are getting prescriptions, I myself was the only person i knew of prescribed in small town indiana, years ago, now my entire home town is on this medicine."

Kylijah (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "What a genuis medication! It changed my life completely. I strongly believe and from my experiences using for over a year that addetall is extremely helpful for those who really suffer from ADHD. I'm much more focused, happy, a lot get accomplished each day, my emotions are in place. It helps me keep the weight down. There are some side effects, my main concern is trouble sleeping but that can be controlled with meditation and other methods. I wish I've gotten diagnosed earlier, my life would have been much more different. But it's never too late. Great full for this medicine."

MilashkaNY (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 15, 2016

For ADHD: "I found it helpful to keep me focused I take 30 mg x 2 daily. After 3 years of taking it, I don't believe it works anymore. I lose concentration and I am tired a lot. Age 59."

Cigamlooc (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Before Adderall couldn't keep a job longer than a few months, I changed majors in college over 6 times, I couldn't finish anything in my life. Four years ago I went through a divorce and knew I was going to have to work full-time to support myself. I went to my doctor and told him everything, I was diagnosed with severe adult ADD and prescribed 20mg of Adderall xr once a day. Today, I am still at the same job, have been promoted, and in school to finish my master's degree. I can honestly say if it wasn't for Adderall I have no idea where I would be. I now take 20mg xr two times a day and have for the last three years it still works great. Lately my moods have been all over the place so seen a psychiatrist and am starting lexapro in addition"

erica2002 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Since starting Adderall XR about 6 months ago, I am more focused and headstrong than ever. I can actually DO the things I used to enjoy, such as birdwatching (which requires extreme focus) and practicing music (again, extreme focus). Once my attention locks in, I'm good to go; which is a first! Furthermore, it seems to help with my emotions; I feel more balanced and self confident on it, I don't feel like such a "headcase" and so emotionally fragile. Kind of sort of a miracle drug. Did it make me suddenly do things I have been putting off, such as cleaning and sorting out paperwork? No. But can I clean and do paperwork with more patience and ease? Yeah. The only side effects I experienced that were negative was extreme appetite suppressment"

PollyDarton (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Added 40 mg/day to Wellbutrin. I don't space out anymore, and actually do things start to finish. My doctor said Wellbutrin may decrease the effect of stims, and lengthen effective time. I don't experience any crashes with this combo, but have noticed that some effects from the Wellbutrin are a little less. This combo is for me for now, but expect will need to change as tolerance grows. Needed 20mg in the AM to begin therapeutic effects. Definitely could go to bed while on this, don't seem to experience any of the common side effects, or any speediness. Actually increased my appetite (Wellbutrin suppressed)"

kendalh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

For ADHD: "This particular generic Adderall does not work at all (M A20). I was diagnosed with ADHD late in life after thinking I was stupid and shy for many years. I have been. on Adderall 20 mgs for approximately six years and it changed my life completely. . I was able to concentrate and earn a degree in early childhood education. For the past three months I have been given this particular generic Adderall and I'm now back to square one of not being able to concentrate, can't speak to my peers on topics that I know like the back of my hand, don't want to go out, etc, I don't understand the difference in the different types of generics but I feel cheated out of my life because of my pharmacy."

Angryincarolinas (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2016

For ADHD: "Helps concentrate tremendously keeps my mind on a task rather than jumping around doing other things instead of not finishing what I started"

Anonymous May 13, 2016