User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 46 reviews 15 medications

8.9
Fatigue 24 reviews 0 medications

8.5
ADHD 412 reviews 36 medications

8.3
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 482 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Has helped me focus and I have motivation to do work . But the crash sucks , unless you have Valium or xanax"

Richieminaj January 15, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I never thought I could have done better than how I was before. I am doing better at sports, behavior wise, and paying attention in class."

Ny12314 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Having ADD has been a bumpy ride for me, especially when it comes to finding the correct medication. As a Mechanical Engineering major, my work load is very heavy and being able to focus is essential and Adderall Xr certainly gives me the ability to do so. I've been taking 30mg xr for about 2-3 years. Prior to adderall I took Vyvanse and Concerts which did not work as well for me as adderall. It also took me a while to work adderall into my schedule as efficient as possible as I don't like taking it EVERYday. But I've got to say I found a happy medium that allows for the least amount of side effects and it is working absolute wonders for me."

Jhest603 January 13, 2017

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My son is 13 years old and has have been on Adderall for about 6 years now and was recently switched from Adderall XR 15 mg to Adderall XR 20 mg. Today is his first on the 20 mg. So far he noticed a large difference in the effects. He said when he was on 15 mg XR for 2 years and he didn't even notice his attention span had dropped and his grades had also been, He said felt no effect whatsoever from 15 mg. The 20 mg has a noticably large increase in effectiveness . For the first time in months he feel back to normal and refreshed. He said never knew my body could grow a tolerance to a medication so quickly. I am curious if every dosage will get weak like the 15 mg. I don't want to keep elevating the strength for him as I'm worried it is bad for his health."

Elias O´Donnell (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 5, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Please be aware of all side effects before taking this drug. Adderal is highly addictive and it is very likely that 1 taking this drug will continue to do so for a long period of time out of necessity. Its best to slowly decrease the intake of the drug so the withdrawal symptoms are not 2 intense. Taking more than prescribed can lead 2 severe & even life threatening situations. Hallucinations, hearing voices, severe insomnia, & personality changes are inevitable if abused. With that being said, this is a highly effective yet short term solution bc of the dependency factor. At times the side effects may be so severe that the person taking the drug doesn't even notice bc they are so happy and focused on everything else.Notice Excessive Movement?"

Lawstudent1738-be cautious! (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "While Adderall definitely helped my ADD symptoms, the comedown was absolutely horrible. I was on 30mg per day (20mg IR in morning, 10mg IR 5hrs later). It made me finally able to focus, and stay organized for the 5 months I took it. However, as soon as it started wearing off, I turned into a real big jerk, and I even lost some friends because of it. I eventually discontinued it after having a mental breakdown, and due to several of my closest friends and family approaching me about how I was acting. I ended up switching to Concerta and currently take 36mg per day. I find that it works 10 times better than Adderall did for me. Long story short, Adderall, while definitely very effective at treating my symptoms, wasn't the right fit for me."

average_16y/o_guy December 30, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Helped my life entirely. I'm a more productive and clinical learner now. Didn't realize how bad I wasn't able to stay focused until I took this and noticed the difference. Sleep and eat fine on it. After the first week that is. But the lack of appetite restlessness wasn't even that bad even then."

Billybandman December 28, 2016

For ADHD: "I have had ADHD since I was diagnosed in 2003 over 15 years of trying every medication for ADHD I have found a fit for myself and talked to many others that have tried different treatments I used to take 35xr with 10mg boosters now I take 3 10mg IR a day one when I wake up one at lunch and one before or around 4-5 pm the xr actually caused me to be irritable and didn't cause much change in my normal non medicated habits, unlike vyvance would. This works great for ADHD if you have a doctor or psychiatrist that is willing to figure out what dosage works for you. Eat before you take each dose."

Troberts2332 (taken for 10 years or more) December 17, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I began talking Adderall about 3 months ago, I was scared to say the least. Many people I talked to advised against taken the ADD meds, instead suggesting naturopathic (?) meds. I wouldn't know where to start! I have suffered from depression since I can remember, started taking meds for that in my early 20s. Looking back at my life as a child into my teens and adult years, there was no doubt in my mind that I also had ADHD. Now 20 years later, I realized it was time to do something about it. Dr started me off at 5mg, then 10mg, up to 20mg now. It's amazing how this stuff works, I can ACTUALLY concentrate AND complete something!! The only complaint I have is that I am a little (more) spacey, could be because I'm a mother of 3 though!!! "

3lovelies December 8, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Do not take Adderall if high blood pressure runs in your family. Be especially careful not to take it if you have high blood pressure already. I had normal blood pressure until I started taking Adderall. Ever since, my blood pressure has been at least 130/80, and I have measured it at 162/88 while on the drug. I am a 20 year old male, and my dad has hypertension, which is where this incredible susceptibility comes from. I stopped taking it but I still have high readings, which only started when I began taking Adderall. Do yourself a big favor and harangue your doctors about Adderall if you or your family has a history of high blood pressure. You don't want to end up on BP meds."

Sam 123 December 8, 2016

For ADHD: "Diagnosed with ADD, ever since I started taking the 5mg Dextroamphetamine tablets, it has changed my life.I can focus, I have a clear mind, and have more mental motivation, unlike how I was just over 6 months ago when I was on Strattera which gave me testicle pain. But it wasn't right for me. I've heard about friends taking Dextroamphetamine and having negative side affects which I have not experienced at all. I guess its all to do with how your body processes different medications. It may not be right for them. But there are other medications which could help those who are unable to take it."

DiagnosedADDAt24 December 7, 2016

For ADHD: "I was just prescribed Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine r 351 20 mg for ADD, the first day I took it at 11 am yesterday I felt extremely tense and uncomfortable the exact opposite of what I thought it was going to be then at about 12 am I had a very bad headache couldn't go to sleep until 4 am woke up and took half and just felt out of it all day no energy no increased focus I was just wondering if anyone else is on the same drug ??? because all pictures of this drug online look orange and pink and blue which is kind of strange because I got it from a clinic not a regular doctors office . I don't even know if i want to take it tomorrow because of the negative side affects feeling kind of hopeless at this point hopefully someone has some info."

bobbbbb December 5, 2016

For Fatigue: "I learned early in my college career that Adderall allowed me to be more productive during my day without the feeling of full blown crashing. I do not struggle with paying attention or ADD/ADHD but I did struggle with extreme laziness/fatigue on a regular basis when I reach college age. Prior to that I never had an issue with motivation or sleepy feeling per say but one day it hit me like a brick and was unable to shake it. Which led me to lying to my doctor about having attention issues to obtain a prescription. It also was some what of a antidepressant at the same time. I have never struggled with depression but I did always seem to see the brighter side of things while on the medication."

Nathan B. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have Primarily Inattentive ADHD and recently was diagnosed at 39 years old. I was on Amphetamine salts IR 10 mg 2x's a day as needed at 1st, which worked ok, but gave me some side effects I didn't appreciate, such as peeing so much it kept me awake at night. Also it worked inconsistently per day and sometimes per hour. It gave me blurred vision. So I was switched to 20 mg amphetamine salts xr which is much easier on my system. I don't have the urinary issues and it works a bit more consistently, though I don't get the "zeroed in" focus that I got with the IR and I still get some blurred vision, but no issues that cause it. Also, with both I have mildly decreased appetite, which is fine since I'm overweight and also a very dry mouth."

RjoyD (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD in 06 and I found out in order to have ADHD as an adult you had to have it as a child so I look back on my childhood in Real Life 4 did have ADHD as kid but never got treatment for it because my mom didn't believe any mental illness so I didn't start treatment with the ADHD until 2006 I was placed on Ritalin but I found it to be ineffective and then I stopped treatment and I started treatment up again a few months ago and I was giving our all and I found it to be very effective working but with 2 major side effect keeps me awake and constipation , but outside of those two it works wonderfully."

DaveyTheDJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take 5 milligrams as needed for school. I take it right before school, maybe around 6am, school starts around 7am. I've noticed extremely dizziness, I get hot so easily, even more anxious, so much more depressed, so tired, terrible headaches, and excessive talking. I wake up in the morning to bump into every possible wall, my vision is completely blacked out. I can't walk for more than a mile, without feeling faint. I eat well and drink lots of water (due to a horrible experience with Vyvanse, in which i lost 20lbs) Not only that but falling asleep is killer. I've never taken such a small dose, and have such poor results."

Teen W. ADHD November 9, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was taking Generic Adderall 10 mg twice a day. I took it for a month and had a number of side effects that disappeared over time, except for 2 of them, increased excessive urination and stomach problems. So my doctor switched me to Adderall XR 20 mg. The side effects are pretty much gone so far, I have been getting sour stomach, but I started a pretty good probiotic - 9 strains 50 billion bacteria- and it's helped some. I've been on the xr for 3 days now. I can't say much for it being consistently effective though, it's also much more subtle as far as focus/concentration goes, and it seems to wear off much sooner than its supposed to, though it's hard to tell. I experience no crash at all. It's definitely much gentler than the IR version."

RjoyD (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

For Fatigue: "Prescribed Adderall because I cannot respond to my depressant medication. It doesn't elevate mood but does provide energy to get through Today."

rberger2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have had ADHD for as long as I can remember. My first real memory is when I was an altar boy. I would go to the church but could never concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing. I would forget pretty much everything and was just sort of walking through things as a zombie. Every time I had to serve a mass I had to rework everything in my brain. This went on for years through school where I couldn't pay attention and I would actually ask the same question two or three times. I did not find Adderall until later in life because when I was young it was not available. After taking 15 milligrams of the instant release twice a day my life changed for the better. I was able to concentrate for the first time. Not covrd by ins as am +20"

Satori3636 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 28, 2016

For ADHD: "It's alright, nothing special"

ADDECU October 24, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was recently put on Adderall for ADD. I have suffered ever since I can remember with not being able to focus on anything, having a wandering mind, and doing very poorly in school. I began to just think school wasn't for me. I had heard many negatives on Adderall and that is why I never asked my doctor if it would be an option for me. He suggested I give it a try and now I am on 10 mg every day/as needed and I feel better than I have in years. It has helped my depression/anxiety as well. I am happy to learn now and attend school. Wonderful drug for me."

Abbadabba101 October 23, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take the XR, and it allows me to focus throughout the day at work and in classes. I can actually sit down and complete a task, I can get something done (for once), and the only side effects I really experienced were a bit of dry mouth at first and some continued loss of appetite. Otherwise, completely effective. Unfortunately, my insurance company only covers the brand name. Otherwise, it would be much, much cheaper. It's the brunt of my monthly prescription costs."

KittenCommander (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2016

For ADHD: "This actually works great for me. However, I like to give myself breaks and will either skip it some days or only take half my dose. I sleep just fine, have a good appetite and have never slept better. My only complaint is that it makes my urine smell very strong- like a port-a-potty at a music festival. At first I thought it was a urinary infection, but it's not. It's just a side-effect. So I drink tons of water, but it's still an extremely potent aroma. I feel like I'm at Lollapalooza 1993 again, the portable toilet part of it anyway, not the fun parts. Anyway, good luck out there. And drink water. LOTS of water. Cheers!"

A.W. (female, 40) (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Takes about an hour to two hours before affects take hold. Ability to focus and think clearly become apparent. Some shortness of breath here and there. I'm fit and active. Increased symptoms of PMS during cycle."

Tracu October 19, 2016

For ADHD: "Helped tremendously with motivation, concentration, mid-morning fatigue, and overall feeling of well-being. No direct side-effects other than occasional itchy/burning forearms (which may or may not be attributed to the drug - possibly a pinched nerve in neck.)"

BarryEPrice (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2016