User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy
8.6

Fatigue
8.3

ADHD

Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 8.3 599 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Over the last 5 years I’ve tried Adderall XR, adderall In tablet form, vyvanse and Ritalin in just about every dosage and I think Mydayis is the most effective of them all. Both Adderall XR and vyvanse would wear off early and I would need multiple adderall tablet pick me ups to get through the day, and even took more than prescribed which would leave me out of medicine early. Mydayis 50 mg in the morning gets me through the entire day, no additional afternoon pick me ups needed. It doesn’t make me feel like my heart is beating out of my chest as adderall did but still works very clean and effectively. I don’t quite understand all the other negative reviews, and would recommend."

Dale19 February 17, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Pretty bad. In fact, this is the worst ADHD med I have taken since Ritalin. It lasts longer? Well it takes like 3 hrs for it to kick in, and when it does, the effect isn't that strong. That same effect lasts for about 6-8 hrs, then it drops hard. Side effects are hilarious. I get the shakes, tingles, drowsiness (even right after I take it), itchiness, inability to sleep. That sounds like a crack head. Pros are that my appetite has been decent, I'm more social. Its almost like I didn't even take anything. Take vyvanse if you want to focus. Its smoother and stronger. This is a dirty drug for me."

C5011 February 13, 2018

For ADHD: "I was on the same pill from the same manufacturer for over 5 months it’s the round orange U30 20 mg and I was able to focus during the day and sleep at night no awful side affects, loved it . Couple weeks ago my regular pharmacy was out of stock so I had to go to a different pharmacy. Picked up my medication and when I got home I noticed the pill was different and figured it’s not a big deal cause “it’s the same medication just a different manufacturer” it’s the round yellow MP 446 20mg . I had the worst side affects from it! I got upset stomach and couldn’t even focus. It just upset my stomach and made me not be able to sleep at night and on top of that it didn’t help with my ADHD at all!! Everyone is different but I was one of the people that didn’t know that different manufacturers really matters."

Lola900 February 12, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Switched to this from Vyvanse. Totally regret it. Now it does stay in the system longer, but it does not hit as hard. I want help focusing and this barely does any aid for that. The downsides are overwhelming. My heart is beating faster than it ever has. I need to take sleep aids at night. This stuff is nasty. I'm calling to change back tomorrow for sure."

Tan the man February 11, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "You need to go off the drug for awhile like me. If you have been taking continuous for more than 3 months, you will have to increase dosage to follow tolerance. A safer method is to go off for a month, on for 2 months. Another is to only take it when you absolutely need it. Don't just take it because it's there. How in the hell do they feel right prescribing 60mg? "

Smack Talker (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

For ADHD: "I was very controlled on this. My symptoms were considerably lessened without having the usual feelings of being medicated."

qnolcguss19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

For ADHD: "works well for ADHD, no real side effects for me. I like this fact... Thank you manufacturer for creating something that helps my condition. I feel like a normal human again."

liulac February 7, 2018

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking Adderall XR 25mg with an optional 10mg of instant release in the evening for a little over a year now and it works almost as well as when I started. For me, it seems to last about 8 hours. Some of its benefits have lessened, but it really helps with reducing impulsivity and hyperactivity--I seem to have endless patience which is very helpful"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I’m a 21 year old female. Adderall helped me focus, be on time, stay organized. However, as time passed I noticed the negative impact. I had weight loss, irritability, my anxiety was worse, dry skin, dry mouth, was not feeling like myself. I developed insomnia too. This was only on 20 mg a day. I took it as prescribed. The worst part was when I tried to quit taking it after I was switched to Vyvanse, which I felt even worse on. I ended up in the hospital having a panic attack the first time I tried to stop taking it. The second time I tried to quit I had even more withdrawal symptoms, paranoia, panic attacks, vomiting. Stimulants are not worth it."

Em47_ January 26, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Previously I was on 25mg of adderall XR and 20mg of adderall IR since I would lose coverage so quickly. Mydayis takes longer to kick in but lasts me waaaaaasy longer (10 hours instead of 6). I started my own company so focus is super important for me. I’m currently on day 3 of 50mg of Mydayis and feel less speedy than when I had to take extra diesel of adderall IR. I have noticed a slight increase in my depression but hoping it will pass it a couple weeks as others have said. I also just switched from Prozac to Zoloft so that could be part of it too."

Startup Girl (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I just starting taking Mydayis. I, as well, am having problems with it (as I did with Adderall) taking too long to kick in. 4-5 hours. Felt totally scatter brained until the med would kick in. Decided to take it at bedtime. WOW! I was able to get up right away and get my day going, getting to work and able to focus better. The thing with Adderall is that it didn't last long enough. So I was switched to Mydayis but think I need to take it at bedtime as well. With it suppose to be longer acting (14-16 hours), I'm hoping I can sleep good, get up in the AM, focus and get going without the fatigue and not able to focus AND have it will last all day at work. Worth a try."

mind wandering (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I switched from adderall XR 20mg (3 Years) to Mydais 25mg (1 month), but felt no positive or negative effects (like taking nothing), so upped the dose to 37.5mg (~2 weeks). I’ve personally never had worse side effects from any drug. Most bothersome were strong headaches with sensitivity to light, dizziness, unusual motion sickness/nausea, achey muscles, restlessness, racing heart/palpitations, and fatigue and irritability.... plus other common adderall-ish side effects. But, yeah, takes a few hours to take effect, and not covered by insurance ($100+/30-day supply), so will not continue. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you."

Bee movie best movie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been diagnosed with ADD for several years as an adult. I tried every med in the books without sufficient relief without significant side effects. I am currently on month 2 of Mydayis at the lowest dose, 25mg. I think I need to go up a dose, which I will discuss with my physician. However, even at the lowest dose I am experiencing relief without side effects. I am very grateful for this product - no highs, no lows, no crashes, and I can sleep at night. Best of all, there is currently a coupon that makes this drug affordable although it is not currently covered by my insurance."

DRPETEHALL (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2018

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was off and on addrall for a year. I had a psychotic episode a few times with this medication. I went back on it in October of 2017 and I was on 15mg. When I went on 15mg my anxiety was more severe than before, I was really depressed too and I sometimes lost feeling in my legs. I also lost feeling in my lips if i lick it a few times. I won’t recommend this medication if you have bad anxiety or depression because it can make it like x2."

Alphaaa (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Mydayis is a long acting medication, class: amphetamine, with 3 doses combined to be released about every 4 hours. Thank God for the Chemists' who intricately designed the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in relation to Mydayis! I've had ADHD for 37 years and suffered many hardships due to the scrutiny of taking medication for my ADHD. I'm able to focus on one task at a time and am not distracted! I wake up at 6am: take Mydayis 37.5 mg. It kicks in by 0800. At 1pm, the 2nd dose is released and definitely can feel the effects without any crashes. 3rd dose is released by about 5pm steadily. I now have the ability to stay on task without any crashes. I fall asleep easily, the best aspect!"

Texas NP January 8, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Was diagnosed with ADHD at 18 years old. I was prescribed, and am taking Adderall 20mg XR. This drug makes me feel like an emotionless zombie at times. My anxiety is fluctuating a lot and my mood is constantly changing. I like to go out late sometimes but when it wears off I don’t have any energy to do so. Friends and family have become increasingly less important it seems. I have minor scoliosis and it makes my back pain a lot worse at times. This drug definitely allows me to focus and get ahead. At the end of the day I don’t know if it’s worth it though. Might need a lower dose."

Anonymous2112 January 7, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Mydayis has been a game changer for me. I was on 60mg of Adderoll XR for years, and I’d lose focus in the mid afternoon so I’d take another one. At the end of the month, I’d run short, get irritable, and sleep until I got my script filled again. Vicious cycle. Mydayis 50 mg keeps me level and on a smooth, even keel all day. I usually take it a few hours before waking up since it does take awhile to kick in. After a week of taking 37.5mg , I did experience some depression but it passed. I’m very grateful that I started Mydayis. My quality of life has improved greatly."

Booboo555 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I’ve been taking Adderall XR 20mg for 2 months now. Works great to keep me focused on tasks for my job at Lucky’s and just random chores at home. Sometimes I feel an extra boost is needed in middle of day."

Mac kid408 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Makes daily life possible. I was diagnosed in 3rd grade with ADHD. Poor grades and constantly being sent to the principal for class disruptions was getting ridiculous. Started on Ritilan. No more principal and straight A's. Now in my 30's and on Adderall I successfully taught myself computers, reading electrical schematics and building whatever is called for. Pretty much whatever I wanted to learn."

Knight2000 January 5, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started on Mydayis 37.5mg 12/09/2017. Previously, I took Adderoll X-R 60mg daily. Adderoll was working fine except the big drawback was I’d crash and have no focus after three o’clock in the afternoon. This would lead me into a vicious cycle of wanting another Adderoll just to be productive. At the end of the month, I’d run short of my Adderoll and go “in a tank”. This infuriated my husband because he didn’t understand what I was going through. Since I was tired of this cycle month after month (my FNP would not increase my dose) , I did some research and found out about Mydayis. I am taking 50mg now and it’s been a game changer. No more crashes! I did feel depressed the 2nd week but it passed. I’m really happy I found this medication."

JulieAnne5555 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I've been on Adderall for EDS and Narcolepsy going on 10 years now. I feel my continued heavy use of Adderall will essentially kill me. All of your stories are completely familiar, and Adderall absolutely does all that's being said that it does..the reality though is that taking this drug at high doses over an extended number of years is shameful to many parts of the body. You become essentially the same as any Meth user..this drug is simply a "cleaner" form, if you will. The drug has rotted my teeth despite extra care taken, and I now have dentures. I'm not even 40 yet! It has caused numerous skin conditions, including adult acne, rashes and a constant nagging itch (skin crawling feeling). Bc of the itch I have "pick marks" all over."

RoxBu January 2, 2018

For ADHD: "I’ve been prescribed 20mg of Adderall 3/day for over a decade now. When I picked up my last script at my regular pharmacy, I noticed, quite quickly, that they had changed their supplier once again. In their infinite wisdom, no doubt. Naturally any amount of amphetamine is going to have a stimulating affect on the CNS. However, the amount of the original Adderall formula is different in all generics; that’s why they’re cheaper. I’ve tried every generic there is for 20mg IR of Adderall, and believe me, this generic is by far the worst. To achieve the desired effects similar to the generic made by Teva, I have to take 1.5 of these. Wonderful example of pharmaceutical capitalism at its very lowest."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 1, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on 70mg of Vyvanse & 30mg Adderall before I was switched to 50mg Mydayis. I had a bad crash before if I forgot to take my second dose early enough. I was able to focus & finish tasks of a morning but evenings were difficult. Now with the Mydayis I have a rough time in the mornings. My daughter had perfect attendance until I started this new medicine. I timed it & it's taken almost 4 hours for me to wake up. I took it at 4:45am. I also have a really hard time getting to sleep if a night. I don't have the bad crashing as I did before but I catch myself grinding my teeth a lot. I absolutely hate that I have to take it at 3am to be able to function by 7am."

Single Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm not entirely sure if ADHD and bipolar intersect, or if they correctly diagnosed me by being both, but that being said, I was prescribed adderall at age 15. It definitely did the job. I personally enjoy being hyper so it was alien to me. It enables me to not only hear people but listen and comprehend. It stops impulsive behavior. Provides almost sedated state. You just float along. I feel like it made me want to be quiet and polite. Now I take lamictal and seroquel. If you have ADHD do yourself a favor and look up mania. Very similar."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2017

For Fatigue: "Works and feel normal for the first time in years..."

Steve Dallas (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017