User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 50 reviews 15 medications

8.9
ADHD 445 reviews 38 medications

8.3
Fatigue 29 reviews 0 medications

8.2
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 524 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have struggled with ADD since I was in grade school. Although diagnosed, my mother was not about putting me on medication. That being said I struggled really bad until I graduated. I am now 22 & have been out on almost any ADD/ADHD medication you can think of. To keep it short & sweet, Concerta & focalin worked for about an hour then I turned into a horrible person to be around - extreme mood swings, aggression, agitation, really easily annoyed, & hostile. My doctor decided to put me on Adderall XR 10mg tablets & let me tell you it has saved my life!!!!!! It lasts all day for me, I am more focused, my heart rate doesn't jump to extremes like it did on Focalin. It actually makes me more relaxed & enjoyable to be around. 10/10"

MLMKG2223 August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I would like to first say that my experience with Adderall was overall successful, it most definitely helped my concentration and ability to focus. However, there are some side effects that I think are worth noting. I had minimal anxiety prior to taking this medication (only when traveling). My anxiety dramatically increased to the point where I was put in therapy and almost took a medical leave from work. (I quit taking the medication once I realized it was a significant contributing factor - although not completely to blame) I had a very dry mouth while prescribed, which actually ended up leading to cavities according to my dentist. Noticeable lower back pain & problems sleeping (both are alleviated once you quit taking the meds)"

DelaneyMarie August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "The efficacy of Adderall in any condition that you take it over is dependent upon the quality of the generic brand that your pharmacy carries. Although a pharmacist will not want to tell you this, a generic product can vary plus or -20% variation from the brand-name drug. This was A result of the Hatch-Waxman Act. Moreover, and most disturbingly, only the generic company itself knows The results that they conducted and required for a generic manufacturer to manufacturer a generic drug require Bioequivalency testing. However, they, and I emphasize "They" because it is only the generic company itself that conducts the test and knows the results besides the FDA. Only the generic firm and the FDA knows the exact test results. Research different generic reviews, because this makes all the difference in your experience with generic Adderall IR"

Drkatzjr27 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "Makes me sleep, diarrhea. And dissolves in my mouth"

Lulus19 August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Works great! Lasts longer than Adderall XR and gets me through my 12 hours shift as a nurse. No crash at the end of the day."

Orangeade (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fatigue: "Doesn't seem to be as strong as other Generics?"

Nick162092 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medication is absolutely amazing for those who really suffer from ADHD. You will experience side effects such as, loss of appetite, loss of sleep, hyperactivity, dry mouth and dehydration, but they go away with time. There is a right dosage for everyone. Try to find your dosage and genetic brand that works for you, and with proper nutrition it will change your life! I've suffered from ADHD since I was a child. I was never able to focus or finish tasks. I would do so much better in life, in every aspect of it, if discovered this medication earlier in life! But like a lot of people on here say, better late than never! I am now on 15mg IR twice a day. Give it a try, just do it right!"

Milashka (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fatigue: "This stuff works amazing. I used to be tired all of the time and now this stuff has changed my life. I am happy again :)"

J.E July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "This XR works very well I haven't taken the IR so I don't know how well it works"

,1200 v July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Adderall has helped me greatly, though it is not perfect. Many doctors have suspected that I have narcolepsy, but my insurance company won't pay for the sleep study because I'm only in my 20s (what??). Anyway, my doctor prescribed Adderall because I simply could not stay awake in class, driving, riding the bus, watching movies, doing homework, etc. Basically everything. I remember the first dose I took. I felt like a normal person. Not hyper or overstimulated (my doc was worried about this because I also have bipolar I), just normal. I just went about my day and did my homework and washed the dishes and read a book like a normal person. This drug has really changed my life. I gave it an 8 because I still have to take naps throughout the day"

MD1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This drug provides great concentration for a couple hours. However, after a couple hours I predictably experience extreme anxiety, depression, and irritability. It can easily cause you to get into an argument with someone you love because you are so easily irritated and frustrated by anything. The anxiety is the worst. Being a previous smoker, Adderall increases my craving to smoke by ten fold (a habit I have quit and hardly have cravings for anymore). I also find that the drug clouds my ability to think when doing brain intensive work such as programming, math, or even typing. I think that might be related to the dosage though. I don't recommend this medication to anyone (other than those with severe ADHD)."

aloomis85419 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2017

For ADHD: "Nothing"

Dicedicebaby (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I used to take Adderall. My current doctor told me that Adderall is actually amphetamine and that while amphetamine will work for ADHD, it damages dopamine cells by releasing the dopamine inside the cell. She also said that there is increasing evidence that amphetamines increase risk for parkinson's disease even when it is used as directed."

be careful (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "When I first started taking it, it helped me immensely with my ADHD. Pretty quickly, however, it stopped working. For one thing, it gives me crazy mood swings. It really amps me up at first, and I get super euphoric and happy for two hours, and then I feel awful and anxious and depressed. It actually potentiates my ADHD symptoms. It makes me extremely thirsty all the time, so I keep having to leave class to go use the bathroom or fill up my water bottle. Adderall makes it harder for me to appreciate the beauty of nature. I feel less in touch with my emotions when I take it. I understand that Adderall helps people a lot of the time, so it's worth a shot. But it didn't help me AT ALL. In fact, it probably made things worse."

Tobey L (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "A good generic."

PhillyGuy0917 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "For my Depression, ADHD, fatigue, PTSD Syndrome I take a combination of dextroamphetamine tablets and time release capsules, between 8am and noon. The caps helps alleviate that evening crash I used to get when the tablets wear off pretty quickly. Some days I may take 30mg & others up to 45mg. I choose depending on my needs for the day."

Stormy 69 year old female (taken for 10 years or more) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I have been taking Adderall for now 5 months. This medication has completely changed my life. It is one of the most effective smart drugs out there. Adderall Improves concentration and ability to focus on your work. I suffer from Narcolepsy. I take 30mg adderall after a weak. It works very well. I have personal experience with the Adderall is absolutely great for me!"

traceymiller (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take the extended release once a day. I recently got a dose increase for my extreme fatigue. It has been about 3 weeks and I do not like the symptoms that occur with it. I feel like a zombie, I don't enjoy talking when I am on my medicine, I get extremely bad frequent headaches, I am even more tired when it wears off but I am unable to sleep, I get really irritable and moody. With the lower dose the main problematic symptom I would have was the dry mouth, but that was manageable."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been diagnosed with ADD . I have always pushed myself to get good grades and to take as many AP and honors classes as I can handle. I enjoy learning about new things; however, my lack of focus got in the way of my learning. It bothers me when people say ADD/ADHD is made up. I know that people who don't have this disorder can't truly understand what it's like. Without adderall my mind is foggy and I can't take the fog away to learn about the things that I love. All my friends know that I have a strong passion for physics and astronomy, but it's very hard for me to pick up a book without forgetting most of what I read after I finished it. On adderall I feel like the fog fades always and my mind is like a clear sunny day. Oh how I wish that I didn't have to take this every day and just naturally be as focused. I am just an 18 year old who is trying to pursue her dreams, but without this medication I'm not sure how I can get through college to learn what I love. I can now look through my telescope at the stars without the clouds getting in the way."

Samanthaa98 May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "Been on adderall for about 4 yrs total. I started on 20mg XR, which I thought lasted too long and I couldn't sleep at night. So I got switched to 20mg IR tablets for 3 yrs. My tolerance has grown since so I recently bumped up to 30mg IR tablets. As a person suffering from ADHD, adderall was a life saver. I was struggling in school, could not focus at work, my room/car was a total mess, I could barely hold a conversation. Since getting on adderall none of those things are an issue. It has helped me greatly in being able to function in everyday life. It's increased motivation significantly. My only complaint about it is the duration, IR is too short & XR is too long. Also tolerance develops quickly, I can easily handle about 40-50mg at once"

jakec926 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Mine may be a somewhat rarer case of ADHD, that is very severe, and my response to amphetamines is almost perfectly paradoxical for the best known effects. I sleep better and longer with significant blood concentration (it's neutral for going to sleep, but keeps me asleep longer), have better appetite, cannot achieve euphoria or a "high" from amphetamines, only a mild feeling of extra energy. For me adderall is far less effective than single ingredient D-isomer formulations. Best guess is that the L-isomer is what ruins it for my condition or perhaps the more exotic salts. Vyvanse, Desoxyn, Dexedrine are much more effective and without side-effects for me. Didn't expect the difference, but adderall doesn't work well with my brain chem."

B. AdultADHD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

For Fatigue: "I like it"

Kmack_16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Such an amazing contribution to the pharmaceutical world. So much better than its ugly step sisters, such as Ritalin and Vyvanse. Adderall steals the show every time. 30mg/day does the trick. Been on it for 12 years, I've taken personal breaks for tolerance. I've never had any type of "withdrawal" or "come downs" at the end of the day. This drug has the ability to put me to sleep when I take it, honestly; and that's because my dissociation (caused by my ADHD) causes my anxiety to skyrocket. But when I take my adderall, I am able to focus on reality, making my anxiety disappear for a few hours. Calms me down. Relief is a blessing."

amphetamint (taken for 10 years or more) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 51, and have been on Adderall for 15 years. I take 20mg twice a day. It helps me concentrate, and stay focused. I skip taking it for one day every week, this helps me see where the Adderall helps in my life, and was suggested by my doctor to help my body not build a tolerance to Adderall. At this time I personally don't believe Adderall is "addicting", when taken properly. While on vacation, I went a week without it, and never felt any withdrawal's​ from the Adderall. I keep my Adderall, and other med's in a metal lock box, that locks onto a shelf in my fridge, because people do abuse Adderall."

TiffieD (taken for 10 years or more) April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking 2- 10mg IR tablets each day for about a month. I have noticed a significant difference at how well I perform at school since I've been on adderall. I have many honors and AP classes, which always have a big work load. Each day I had to struggle with my ADD and having to look over the material numerous times. I am now able to focus and have confidence in my classes. Usually I am the last person taking a test and now I am one of the first people done because I am finally able to focus. Negatives- as adderall wears off I feel anti-social, weak, agitated, and slightly depressed the positives definitely out weigh the negatives ADD is hard to deal with and finally being able to focus means so much to me"

Sammie2017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017