User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

ADHD 7.3
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 7.5 809 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Mrs G · Taken for 10 years or more June 16, 2020

For ADHD: “I have been taking Adderall for most of my adult life and Walgreens always carried the generic version that worked best for me but recently they changed who they get it from now and the new amphetamine / dextroamphetamine from Lannett MFG SUCK! They do not work at all - actually the worst next to the YELLOW ROUND Mp 447's, PINK ROUND Cor 136's, or OCTAGON WHITE ONES. The TEVA amphetamine/dextroamphetamine Peach Oval B 974's are the ones that work best for me and now I don' t know how to get them - Help..”

Jame · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 10, 2020

For ADHD: “My concern in taking generic Adderall IR for several years is the effect is has on my heart When I take it, at the prescribed dose, I most always have sinus tachycardia (a heart rate above 100 beats per minute) I also have noticed that it effects bladder emptying....and my urinary stream seems slower (and I am fairly young) and I am not usually able to completely empty my bladder.”

ponyboy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 7, 2020

For ADHD: “Since the shortage for about 3 months I've been taking generic Zydus 20mg. How do these drugs pass inspection? I think a couple pixie sticks would work better. I wonder if generic adderall from any manufacturer will ever get better. I think charging over $5.00 for this rubbish should be criminal.”

Jenn · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

For ADHD: “This medication amphetamine/dextroamphetamine has made me feel VERY JITTERY and sick to my stomach! I take generic TEVA brand orange tab 30 mg. The pharmacy didn’t have any of the TEVA brand so they gave me generic U31 tablet - Aurolife Pharma, LLC brand. This is horrible! People take time off work to be seen by doctor, get put on meds for a reason, spend money for the appointment and meds, all the time you spend doing this & it can’t be returned back to Walmart to get my right medicine because “it’s against the law” supposedly! Even when I have the entire prescription (minus one) to give them back. Why make people feel like this when they do so much to try and make life easier being on their meds. I don’t have insurance so my doc visit is almost $100 & medicine is around $60 every month. My 7 year old daughters meds were switched as well. I’m scared to even give her medicine! How can Walmart just give you a different brand that you’ve never taken and not tell me before I leave it’s different!?”

Sam A · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Fatigue: “I have been through about all anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, and anti-psychotics for my severe treatment-resistant depression and this medicineamphetamine/dextroamphetamine has saved me. Honestly, I have horrible anxiety as well. I have Chronic PTSD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. This medicine calms my nerves as well. I can actually take naps during the day now when I need to instead of not being able to rest. It helps my impulsiveness from my Bipolar Disorder that is included in my Schizoaffective diagnosis. I may have to deal with the hallucinations but this medicine is the only medicine that works for me in the most positive way. For me, it has way less severe side effects than any medicine I have tried. It mainly helps with my energy levels which helps my depression because I feel more useful I also am more social which helps my confidence. The only thing I struggle with is the lack of appetite and it seems like water goes right through me. But, It is definitely a life saver for me. <3”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I am a male in my thirties. Adderall is the third drug I tried to tread ADHD after doing trials on Vyvanse and Concerta. Vyvanse worked but did not last long enough and I had bad crashing (headache, exhaustion). Concerta did not work for me at all, made me lethargic and even more distracted. Adderall at 20mg a day gives me energy to focus on work and my kids. It lasts me until sometime in the evening. I have trouble sleeping some nights on it, other than that the side effects are negligible.”

Bo · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Activist Dextramp-amphet ER (30 mg.) [ generic for Adderall ] is HORRIBLE. NOT effective. Causes nausea. HORRIBLE. I have taken this drug for over 3 years and I know what it is supposed to do.”

Emily1456 April 29, 2020

For ADHD: “I have 10mg Aurobindo IR, and I took Teva in the past.. I spent 9 hours web surfing, procrastinating when I should have been studying or working on my essay. I had a final that I had days to do and I waited until 1.5 hours before it was due. On a couple questions in the middle of the exam I answered a text did web surfing. What is wrong with me!! I am having a hard time self starting important tasks. When I should have been doing school work, I cleaned my room for hours. Why would I do that? This medication sucks and it's going to cause me to bomb my exam due tomorrow. I just had to change from methylphenidate ER because I had an allergic reaction I can't switch again. I want to cry this makes me so upset. Most of the comments are complaints about Barr/Teva. Teva's XR is good, but their IR is terrible. I sent in a complaint to the FDA. Maybe if enough of us complain the bad generics will change the junk filler.”

trinehundop3 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 12, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “Generic Adderall is not the same. I feel immediately awful when I realize they switched me to generic dextro amp (amp salts works not sure what brand. I heard Teva might have moved distribution centres and have been alternating approved cheaper alternative ingredients. Well guess what they don’t work AT ALL. Check the generic brands when you get your script filled and see how you feel. The old generic brand I took worked just fine. I cannot get out of bed for weeks because whatever “similar” generic cheap alternatives they are using do not make the cut. Welcome back debilitating fatigue!”

Theophilus · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall is very useful but recently I was ignorant and thought it would be okay to take a little extra at night to help clean my house. I took a bigger extra dose then I should have and a few hours later I felt pretty awful. I am very productive and more positive on the right dose of this med, so I recommend trying it or Desoxyn, because it is said to have fewer side effects like anxiety and panic and irritability post dose. Like all meds, Adderall is a blessing when dosed right and a curse when dosed incorrectly. I noticed that I paced around a bit when on it but I didn’t feel that anxious. It isn’t fun and enjoyable to take a big dose, don’t do it. God made everything to be used in moderation and it is much better for the whole society when we obey the wise instructions of our doctors and leaders. Be careful, obey your doctor, and may God bless you all to succeed in your treatment plans and in your lives. Amen”

Nicki · Taken for 10 years or more March 10, 2020

For ADHD: “These batches have to improve. I can't even focus on anything and have narcolepsy.”

Giant Eagle Pharmacy · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 7, 2020

For ADHD: “Recently changed pharmacies and didn't realize that there can be quite a difference between generics. For 4 years I’ve taken adderall 2x day, 10 mg. Never any problems until I switched pharmacies to save $. Elite Pharma is who makes this new one and it is NOT GOOD. I am lethargic, unable to focus, quite sleepy. It’s as if I haven’t even taken anything. Incredibly frustrating as I am not even half way through this months supply.”

SH · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

For ADHD: “The generic manufacturer of amphetamine & dextroamphetamine, Sandoz, is the only one that works for me. This month the manufacturer is Northstar and last month Aurobindo, and they are garbage. They don’t help AT ALL with my focus. Zero. I am irritable. I am getting nothing done and my anxiety is sky high. I am going to stop taking these brands and ask pharmacy for Sandoz. I complained to the FDA and urge others to do so as well. This is ridiculous.”

XSH92 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 24, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall has worked great for me when taken as needed. When I was in my early 20’s and taking it daily I built up a dependence that lead to terrible withdrawals as it is very addictive. (Learned the hard way and never want to go through that again!) I will usually only take this when my ADHD symptoms are unbearable and my work/personal life starts to become affected. We are talking maybe 1-4 tablets max per month. It really does help with focus and energy, and I find that one 10-20mg dose is usually enough and I feel good for several days after the dose without any withdrawals or dependence issues.”

For Laura · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 22, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Laura, CVS in Kansas City and probably elsewhere exclusively carry SANDOZ. With goodrx my 60 tablets of 20mg are 28$”

Focused802 · Taken for 10 years or more February 21, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “If you're taking for ADHD please note there are a lot of side effects, having said this, they are sometimes serious so take note to talk to your doctor. If you get cold fingers or toes, make sure to consult your doctor as it's a syndrome that can be prevented. It does help with focus, it helps with impulse control, it helps with a general overall euphoric feeling and it can cause you to lose a lot of weight. Be sure to eat, EAT, don't shake your head, you know I'm talking to you. Eat and stay hydrated it causes you to urinate a LOT, make sure to supplement what you are losing. It will cause tremors, shakes, and irritability, again, eat food. Make sure to stick to a 2000 calorie diet AT LEAST. May cause muscle fatigue and extreme soreness, stay hydrated, make sure of this. Some say it causes better grades in school, well, to an extent. It just makes you write a lot. Eat Eat Hydrate And maybe take melatonin to help promote rest. I warned and entertained you.”

Argentanya · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “My daughter developed tardive dyskinesia, a permanent drug-induced movement disorder, while on Adderall. If your kid has ODD, stay away from all stimulates; they are most at-risk.”

Mikr February 19, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I totally agree that the new A 79 generics are no good. I mean they work a little bit, but I feel taking the same amount of the other oblong orange ones that taste like sweet we’re way better. These taste like nasty chalk. I’ve never had adderal brand though so I wouldn’t that difference.”

Anonymous February 17, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have been on adderal 15mg 2×daily for 7 yrs it has completely change my life. I was always down, depressed, unmotivated, impulsive, always day dreaming, short attention span, no focus and couldn't sitting still. Adderal has given me a new happy life that I can enjoy and appreciate. Starting to think I need to go up to 20mg. I can feel I'm getting used to them. But without them I wouldn't get out of bed and would waste my life.I think adderal is my miracle drug I have never been so grateful for a prescription drug”

Anonymous February 6, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I was diagnosed with ADHD combined type and have tried Ritalin and Focalin. Both weren't that great for me so my doctor prescribed me 10 mg of Adderall XR. Adderall has made me have better multitasking skills and helped me pay attention. It hasn't really helped with being hyper or being impulsive and has given me bad twitching eyes. It also has made my sleep schedule weird so watch out for that.”

Teecram · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 4, 2020

For ADHD: “Picked up amphetamine with dextroamphetamine medicine 1/24/20, bottle said Barr brand? But Teva tabs were inside. Teva bought Barr in 07. Before Teva bought out multiple companies and started using their ingredients within the last 2-3 years, they were great. Sandoz and Corepharma have been the only other decent makers, before they were bought out. I haven’t noticed a thing from picking these up 1/24. The worst medicine I’ve had from Teva in 8 years.”

FakeGenerics · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 3, 2020

For ADHD: “On 1/24/2020 I received Teva generic IR Adderall like I usually have for the last 7 years off and on (used to be good.) Except Barr was labeled on the bottle for the first time ever. Not sure why since Teva bought Barr in 07. Regardless it isn’t any better, by far the worst I’ve had of Teva. But every other company is pathetic. Brand works 10X better but 10X pricier. If the FDA enforced the rule of not less than 80% and no more than 125% concentrated effectiveness, that would be a first! The right MG of each dose might be regulated, but the fillers/inactive ingredients added is the big issue. 1-3 used to be in the old Barr/ Shire/ Sandoz/ Core and those worked fantastic. Every generic now has 5-8 fillers that make it less effective but also cause severe side effects. FDA could care less about small market drugs.”

Jarbles · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Game changer. First DX by A pdoc: ADHD. What, no? Yes. I felt like I was only working with one puzzle piece and finding out about ADHD was like being given the other 999 pieces. At first Adderall IR didn’t seem to do much but I slowly realized it was like putting emotional and mental blinders on where I could see the rest of the world but mainly focus on the task at hand. Job saver for sure. Since I have a high tolerance to meds XR saved me from constantly trying to remember to take next dose when I started crashing. Tops.”

Spanky January 29, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have found the generic brand for Adderall is not effective as the brand name. The Epic brand caused me to have severe depression, blurred vision, headaches, very tired and no focus at all. I’m trying to find a brand that is much like the name brand. Looking for suggestions if anyone can share please. Thanks”

Anonymous January 28, 2020

For ADHD: “I went to pharmacy to pick up my Adderall generic brand Zydus. I was told they was out of my brand. I was given the Epic brand. The Epic brand caused me to have severe depression and I stayed in bed, I’ve always been very energetic. I stopped taking it. I called the Pharmacist and reported the side effects I had. Pharmacist didn’t act surprised at all, stated we are out of your regular brand and probably won’t get it back in.”