User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 46 reviews 15 medications

8.9
Fatigue 21 reviews 0 medications

8.5
ADHD 386 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 453 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My feet in the bottom upfront hurt all the time sometimes they go to sleep"

joey1515 September 23, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : "I personally didn't like the way I felt when I decided to take more before the scheduled time to take it. I was very agitated couldn't sleep for 3 days even though I felt tired and wanted to sleep do not do more than recommended dosage."

John polar (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was in 3rd grade and went through just about every medication. I have anxiety and some medications really made it worse. Now 18 and in college and I've been on adderal 20mg extended release for 3 years and every once in a while I take a "tolerance break" taking a break from it really does help when you go back to us using it. Take it early in the day or else you will most likely be awake until late hours of the night"

Holla_back September 15, 2016

For Narcolepsy: "ive been taking this med for awhile now'' the pharmacy change it'' to the very lowest cheap genaric they bought and made a HUGE PROFIT ON THE CHEAP STUFF. my goodness i didnt look at the bottle i kept fallen sleep while driving my kids to school ect'' i couldnt stay awake' 30 mg of the right med was helping me stay focus and alert for sure awake'' cvs , wal mart ect'' if u get ur meds plz ck and c if you got the ones ur dr. prescribed'' it didn't dawn on me for about month' I thought was over working, but i wasnt'' I was getting depressed, and moody'' I looked at the bottle and brought it back to THE drug store and never went back, take care all u good ppl that have disorders' we cant help what we're deal with'' Peace And LOVE' Sharon'"

seawife50 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2016

For Fatigue: "This medicine helps me a lot I can get up do what I need to do I have energy I'm very positive on this medication thank you"

Kimbridges65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2016

For ADHD: "Im 40, and have been on every milligram of adderall, and onset level. They can and will dehydrate you cause headaches, anxiety and irritability.BECAUSE YOU'RE OVER DOING OR MISUSING IT! Why are you surprised, your Dr. hopefully warned you about the side effects,so did the pharmacy as they stapled that huge pamphlet of documents on that little white bag,describing and warning you...amphetamines are strong. So use them right, because they are very beneficial....for us that truly need them."

Willie lumplump (taken for 10 years or more) September 9, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Very effective, but very addictive. You may not realize until you stop taking it. What do you do? It helps the condition...but you become dependent on the drug?"

Mom of Four September 4, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "The first month I took this was perfect. Better focus, better moods, more productive and was able to process info better. Then I got my refill and things got bad. Those particular ones messed with my breathing, made my mind race, so focusing was even harder than before I ever took meds for focus, horrible anxiety and paranoia. I know these two prescriptions were technically supposed to be the same, but they certainly were not the same! This stuff felt like either completely different medicine or it was made from some dirty dirt cheap ingredients. They were both Actavis, but something just wasn't right with that refill. I didn't even go a full week taking those. I felt heartbroken because the first one worked so well."

KNW8787 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Works great for my ADHD. It's the first drug I was prescribed for it and I think I'll be sticking with it. The only effects other than helping with focus that I've had so far are some extra energy and a little bit of a reduction in appetite. I'll have to switch to immediate release next month though, since the extended release pills are still a little bit expensive."

Xelleld (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with sever sleep apnea when i was about 50 I have been tired most of my adult life so assume have had apnea a long time. Tried cpap, forget that, got a somnodent mouthguard which stopped almost 100% of my apneas, but I didnt feel better. Put on provigil like 5 years not really much better same with nuvigil.finally drs and I were fed up I could not make it through a day without at least 2 to three short 5 to 20 minute naps and always felt like had a cloud in my brain and my pcp recommended to sleep dr. to try Adderall. I had no Idea what Adderal was knew it was used for ADAH but really didn't care just went home and took it results have been unbelievable. Almost never take a nap, feel way more refreshed, no brain fog. "

Husky1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've struggled with ADD my whole life. When I was a kid I was put on Ritalin for a few years and it was amazing at helping me concentrate. Before I hit middle school my pediatrician ripped me off of it saying I "grew out of it". I went on through life thinking it was just in my head. I'm now 32. I was always fog headed and trouble concentrating. I talked to my doctor and she said I'd have to see a psychiatrist to get on the medication. My boyfriend's Mom talked to her family doctor and she said she would help me. I met with her and was put on Adderall XR 20 mg in the AM and 5mg IR in the afternoon. It's simply amazing. I lost some weight and I can clearly focus. My boss has noticed a huge difference and I got a promotion at work!"

momx2x August 25, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Calms mind for focus."

Aputpu (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For ADHD: "Prescribed 20 mg x 2. Been on it for 2 months now and I'm weighing the pro's and cons. I fell back to ONE 20 mg. per morning. 2 20 mg was too much. Granted it helps with focus, memory, and makes me a bit outgoing. But at the price of loss of appetite, weak erection, dry mouth, headaches, weakness and muscle cramps, sweating, and a few other nagging issues. It's not the first time for me on this med, or groups. They really are convenient for some of my issues but at a cost. Not so sure if I want my focus, thought process, restored at the cost it brings me in the other areas."

Not sure...on the fence. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2016

For Fatigue: "Hi All. I was first on Ritilan for about a month an a half which wasn't making any difference, and that's when my doc decided to put me on Adderall instead. I feel stablized mentally, but the side effects are killing me at this point. I have slow speech (to the point noticed by others), confusion, dry mouth, and blurry vision to the point where I am starting to worry about driving at night. I am confused at this point as to if the mental benefits are better than the side effects. I will of course talk to my doc, and urge you to do the same."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Fatigue: "I can't really say they did or did not work because I didn't feel extra crappy but I didn't feel the greatest either"

Lissa G (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

For Fatigue: "DR started me out on 10mg XR for MS fatigue, which is very much like ADD but a different cause. 10 worked okay at first. Went to 25 XR heart raced badly by the time the extended kicked in. Settled on 20 and the results so far are good. Take first thing in morning. I'm able to function basically all day. Sleeping is a bit of an issue some days but not all. It's not a miracle drug for me but it's close. I'm able to play golf play with my kids and do all my errands which I never had the energy to do. My only concern is tolerance build up but I do NOT take every day. Only as needed which for me is about every other day. I am 47 male. Does not mess w my libido. I'm as interested as ever."

Hitdog042 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My life has totally changed for the better since starting this medication about a year ago. I am 36 so when I was growing ADHD didn't exist, but I was that kid that couldn't sit still or concentrate and talked 24/7! This medication has given me my quality of life back, it lifted the "fog" that has always been in my brain and I can't be more thrilled to have found this Med! Thank you Adderall for giving me my life back!!!"

NurseKrista26 August 15, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "my doctor gave me adderall because i cant sit still long enough to concentrate and study and do productive things at work. He gave me 10mg to take twice a day but i didn't feel any effects from the drug. I decided to take 2 10mg at the same time and still nothing. I am so sad right now because all i want to do is concentrate and study and do my job with concentration. I was really excited to take these pill but now am dissapointed. I think I am one of those people who are resistant to stimulant medication"

eliasadc August 13, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My experience with adderall, for one it makes me poop like crazy, I'm super thirsty (dry mouth) and it KILLS my appetite. I don't eat for hours and I didn't have a desire to. But while I was at work I was on top of everything, as far proofreading, catching errors, it does make you focus and more alert. I was multi tasking and the fact that i didn't feel overwhelmed, was a plus."

Shae93 August 10, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I use Adderall XR 20mg at morning wake up for narcolepsy and find it effective. It helps like nothing else to start a day off "awake" as can be. I am also prescribed 20mg IR taken twice throughout the day as needed. As well as Nuvigil (armodafinil) 150mg at night right before sleep. Balancing meds is vital for this disease. But back to the point Adderall XR is amazing."

IrishDoc (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Was placed Adderall XR 20mg once a day. The first month was fantastic. I could think. I had bounds of physical energy. My mood was elevated. I had problems starting with the second month. The positive effects were no longer there and the negative ones were enhanced. I did some research and found out it was an issue with the brand. Not all generics are the same despite what everyone is told. I got Actavis brand. I found out that not only are generics allowed to differ in potency by 60-120% (40 less potent than some or 20% more potent than some) but Actavis was allowed to use its own proprietary formulation. If you are put on Adderall XR or IR be cautious about what generic you get. Some work way better than others."

Jwright7784 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking adderall in 2012 to 2015 with a 15 month break in 2014 due pregnancy and breastfeeding. I was diagnosed with ADD as a child but held off on taking medication until I was 26. Adderall immediately helped with focus and even energy and motivation. I excelled at work and finally was able to complete tasks instead of starting them and trailing off to something else. In 2015 when I discontinued adderall, I was taking a pretty high prescribed dose of 30mg twice a day. I started noticing the cons of the come downs were outweighing the pros of when the medication was working. I had anxiety, irritability and extreme fatigue. They switched me to dex which was much smoother but has increased my BP. I try Vyvanse tomorrow."

Parksc352 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed as narcoleptic at the age of 50 following my diagnosis of sleep apnea. I first tried Provigil and it was a game changer. I had spent the last 30+ years developing my own coping mechanisms to mitigate my EDS. After 6 weeks on Provigil I experienced progressive allergic reactions to the drug and sadly had to quit taking it. When I reported this back to my Sleep Doctor, he put me on the time release 20 mg of Adderoll. Love it!!!! I do get sleepy late afternoon....might need to take a second dose...will discuss with my doctor. My daughter was diagnosed with severe Narcolepsy and cataplexy about three years ago. She also had Graves Disease. She recently had her thyroid removed and just started daytime meds."

Mjferg63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Before adderall i was on edge i had put everything off and neglected myself and my relationship. Now i have that drive to want to do what i love eapecially art. Im a graphic atrist and have that drive again. Anyone that is irritable with every little thing feel lazy cause u dont want to leave your house and have no social life please see a doctor to test u for adhd add it will I promise change and possibly save ur social life and self esteem"

Ch1984 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was first diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 6. My parents at the time decided against treating my illness with any form of medication. This was in the mid-90s during a time where ADHD and ADHD medications were very controversial. This led to self-medicating with prescription opioids throughout my teens and early twenties. It wasn't until several psychiatrists continued to stress the importance of treating my ADHD that I finally decided to try the Adderall. And I can proudly say that it changed my life and saved me from a serious drug addiction. I'm now in my third year of school studying psychopharmacology. Thank you Adderall."

Frank TheHuman Sambrick (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2016