User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 873 ratings on Drugs.com. 66% of those users who reviewed Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

ADHD
8.3
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 7.3 873 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Jds May 9, 2021

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I started on adderall XR 20 mg and noticed improvements the first day, eventually finding the right dose being 30 MG of adderall XR and one 20 mg Adderall IR. Adderall XR has some side effects but overall if your ADHD is bad enough it’s easily worth the few inconveniences that may occur, such as dry mouth, stomach ache, joint aches, migraine, some paranoia, sleep issues. Granted the only ones I have that are consistent is dry mouth and sometimes a slight stomach ache that goes away after 20 minutes. I highly recommend this drug as it really has improved my life and made me able to get through college and work. I don’t have health insurance and for a month supply of 30 MG XR it’s around $50 and I pay $40 for the month of 20 MG IR. Keep in mind that medication at the end of the day will affect everyone differently, so make sure and do YOUR research on medications that are recommended to you and make sure you’re comfortable with the potential side affects. Be safe!”

Teejayowen · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2021

For ADHD: “I’ve been on Lannett/Elite 30mg XR pink/white capsules for about 3 weeks now. I’ve felt absolutely zero positive effects. No concentration, no motivation, cannot retain any information. Irritability, depression, lethargy, severe memory fog, distraction, and keeps me awake all night. I’ve been on every Brand and generic IR and XR over 10 years. This maybe the worst.”

M May 7, 2021

For ADHD: “My doctor recently called in my Adderall XR prescription to Kroger. I had to get generic because I currently don’t have insurance. As soon as I took this medication, I knew something was off. I felt incredibly tired, like I just wanted to get back in bed. This generic that Kroger gave me is manufactured by a company called Lannett. It’s HORRIBLE. I’m now trying to find a pharmacy that supplies a generic made by a company called Prasco. Apparently it’s supposed to be very good. I think that Walgreens has Teva (which is great) but it’s super expensive”

Kim April 9, 2021

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “If anyone else is having a terrible time with the new Lannett generic adderall you can report this to the FDA. I have been having crippling headaches, stomach aches, and the medication doesn’t even feel like it works!!! I get tired after I take it and then can’t sleep all night because of it. HORRIBLE. Google fda medwatch online reporting to fill in the form”

Bamapolo · Taken for 10 years or more September 15, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Generic Adderall: TEVA vs. ALVOGEN “All generic adderall is NOT the same trust me!...... I don’t care what your physician or pharmacist may say.“ I’ve taken Adderall for nearly 25 plus years for ADD. WHY? it works twice as good ask anyone whose taken different brands before. For the BEST quality and most potent adderall on the market is made by a company called TEVA. Even pharmacist tell me when they run out of TEVA and must use ALVOGEN their patients complain because the pharmacies cannot keep TEVA in stock because the consumers know it’s the best and most effective for ADD and ADHD.”

Maplelia · Taken for 10 years or more April 26, 2021

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have taken Adderall XR and short acting for 25 years and I got this new XR 30MG the other day Lannett and it made me tired, heart racing, BP accelerated and did NOTHING to help me focus. I contacted the pharmacy and my Dr and he's trying to switch me to another brand because this is a joke. awful..”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 8, 2021

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Generic Adderall varies significantly depending on mfg. Reason being, the FDA says the mfg only has to “demonstrate” it “works in the same way “ as the brand-name. i.e. generic ingredients do Not have to be same which is why so many don’t work and/or make people feel sick. My experience, the only generic that works like the brand-name is Prasco, which acquired Teva’s generic xr in 2016. Few pharmacies use Prasco as their generic because it’s more expensive! My Dr specifies “Prasco generic only” on my prescription for D-Amphetamine ER 30MG Salt combo. By law, the pharmacy must comply if Prasco is one of their overall suppliers. My insurance changed so I called Prasco to see if they sell to Costco. They do. Just takes a day or 2 for the pharmacist to order and fill my script. Walgreens used Prasco as their generic until recently. Now it’s Mallinckrodt which just filed for bankruptcy to settle a slew of opioid lawsuits. It’s all about $”

Abby369 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 17, 2021

For ADHD: “I have been taking Teva amphetamine/dextroamphetamine (adderall generic) for quite sometime for ADHD. In the last year, I noticed right away something was off. First was the obvious color. The Teva that has always worked for me with no problems (that was being weaned out in 2019) was as follows.. peach color and sweet, easy to swallow and not gag on. Teva now, is orange. The sweet taste that made it bearable to take has changed completely. My focus, clarity, motivation, and concentration has been/is immensely effected by the new ingredient change. (I don't have it at all) My overall mental health, has declined quickly. It has caused my mood to completely change, headaches are constant, and upset stomach. All of this, and they don't even work. I struggle everyday now. Less main ingredient and more fillers means more pills can be produced, which means more money in the manufacturer's pocket..... Mental health should be top priority, especially being consistent with and not changing the ingredients.”

trinehundop3 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 12, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “Generic Adderall is not the same. I feel immediately awful when I realize they switched me to generic dextro amp (amp salts works not sure what brand. I heard Teva might have moved distribution centres and have been alternating approved cheaper alternative ingredients. Well guess what they don’t work AT ALL. Check the generic brands when you get your script filled and see how you feel. The old generic brand I took worked just fine. I cannot get out of bed for weeks because whatever “similar” generic cheap alternatives they are using do not make the cut. Welcome back debilitating fatigue!”

Gary ratowski · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 10, 2021

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I take two 30 mg pills a day for ADHD and it has really made a huge difference in my life. I am able to focus on one task at a time and complete it. Works great for giving me the motivation I sometimes lack. Only issue is that when I was given the white or peach ones, they did not seem to work as well as the pink ones. Talked to doctor about it and she added to my prescription to only receive the pink ones. Curious if anyone else has had this issue”

Mrs G · Taken for 10 years or more June 16, 2020

For ADHD: “I have been taking Adderall for most of my adult life and Walgreens always carried the generic version that worked best for me but recently they changed who they get it from now and the new amphetamine / dextroamphetamine from Lannett MFG SUCK! They do not work at all - actually the worst next to the YELLOW ROUND Mp 447's, PINK ROUND Cor 136's, or OCTAGON WHITE ONES. The TEVA amphetamine/dextroamphetamine Peach Oval B 974's are the ones that work best for me and now I don' t know how to get them - Help..”

Anonymous February 17, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have been on adderal 15mg 2×daily for 7 yrs it has completely change my life. I was always down, depressed, unmotivated, impulsive, always day dreaming, short attention span, no focus and couldn't sitting still. Adderal has given me a new happy life that I can enjoy and appreciate. Starting to think I need to go up to 20mg. I can feel I'm getting used to them. But without them I wouldn't get out of bed and would waste my life.I think adderal is my miracle drug I have never been so grateful for a prescription drug”

Vanillablue February 21, 2019

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have ADD and chronic fatigue. I had issues with not being able to focus, total attention deficit, anxiety, zero motivation, sleeping all the time, forgetting to use planner, messy house, no organization. Imagine being stuck inside the deepest fog within yourself and not being able to see clearly. I hated the way I felt. Enter Adderall... started out on 10mg XR adjusted to 30mg XR. Side effects: mild headache at back of head, weight loss and thirst. Head ache went away, fog dissipated, as well as the fatigue, messy house, anxiety and attention disorder. I am able to focus, I tackle one thing at a time, I can prioritize, I can get up in the morning and not dread the day ahead of me. I smile a little more, laugh a little more, procrastinate less. I am able to give my children more of the attention they deserve. Adderall for me is not a cure all or a wonder drug but it held my hand and pulled me from the thickest cloud of fog when nothing else could and for that I am thankful.”

Themom · Taken for 10 years or more September 24, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I shared my experience recently on here and was going back over and reading others as well. I believe we should all state the laboratory that producing the specific generic we are each taking. Doing so may help us all narrow down which ones to stay away from and which ones are truly therapeutic. Eon lab brand of amphetamine/dextroamphetamine was good until 9 months ago, now they are horrible (no therapeutic value and bad side effects). I then I switched to Teva and they were decent for about 2 months and now they are giving me side effects. Plus the pharmacy ran out of them and I had to wait for a new batch and when the new batch came in is when the bad side effect started. I KNOW the drug manufacturer has changed something. Hope that helps someone.”

Shavie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2021

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I take the 10 mg amphetamine with dextroamphetamine by Teva and it works great, better than the 15 mg.in my opinion. I see others mentioning generics by Alogen and Mallinckrodt here. Well I take a couple of other medications manufactured by these 2, on and off, most times it's Mallickrodt. Let me tell you, this is the WORST drug manufacturer on the market. The Alogen is junk too. I've been on a few medical chat sites just to see what I can find out about Mallinckrodt and see if others felt the same way and they absolutely do! Literally 100's of people have complained to the co. itself and to the FDA. This has been going on for a solid 5 years at least & the stuff is STILL pure unadulterated JUNK.”

Focused802 · Taken for 10 years or more February 21, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “If you're taking for ADHD please note there are a lot of side effects, having said this, they are sometimes serious so take note to talk to your doctor. If you get cold fingers or toes, make sure to consult your doctor as it's a syndrome that can be prevented. It does help with focus, it helps with impulse control, it helps with a general overall euphoric feeling and it can cause you to lose a lot of weight. Be sure to eat, EAT, don't shake your head, you know I'm talking to you. Eat and stay hydrated it causes you to urinate a LOT, make sure to supplement what you are losing. It will cause tremors, shakes, and irritability, again, eat food. Make sure to stick to a 2000 calorie diet AT LEAST. May cause muscle fatigue and extreme soreness, stay hydrated, make sure of this. Some say it causes better grades in school, well, to an extent. It just makes you write a lot. Eat Eat Hydrate And maybe take melatonin to help promote rest. I warned and entertained you.”

Spanky January 29, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have found the generic brand for Adderall is not effective as the brand name. The Epic brand caused me to have severe depression, blurred vision, headaches, very tired and no focus at all. I’m trying to find a brand that is much like the name brand. Looking for suggestions if anyone can share please. Thanks”

Debralar · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 6, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I cannot believe that the FDA allows AUROBINDO or TEVA to sale their lousy drugs through pharmacies in the US. Neither of these generics have any affect on me at all!! WASTE of money! They are playing with people's minds and well being!!!!”

Adarye · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I was so glad to see these posts. Pharmacies are so rude to me. I switched to so many brands, but they say they are all alike, and say it doesn't matter which generic I get, because they're all the same. My doctor, unfortunately, thinks the same. I finally said to the pharmacy tech one day, "I'm sure I'm not the only one, who would like certain generics." She said, no, I'm the only one. I know this sounds crazy, but the blue 10mg of teva, don't seem to work like the 15mg of the peach teva, even if I cut one of the blue in half to make it 15mg.”

J · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 8, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I’ve been on Adderall XR 20 mg since October 6th 2020. I have to say this medication is life changing and your psychiatrist, doctor or whatever will try and find the right dosage for you. I’m 22 years old, Male and I noticed the medication working within an hour, I’m about 220 pounds 5’8 and despite that it still kicked in relatively fast. The side affects I notice the most are as follows dry mouth, appetite suppression, some irritability, and insomnia on occasion. Adderall XR for me last anywhere from 8-12 hours, if it wears off the medical professional in most cases will add Adderall IR to take in the afternoon, since upping the dose of XR will not increase duration only the intensity of the medication itself. ADHD medication is all about finding what’s right for YOU, don’t give up if it doesn’t get manageable or fixed after the first try.”

Jenn · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

For ADHD: “This medication amphetamine/dextroamphetamine has made me feel VERY JITTERY and sick to my stomach! I take generic TEVA brand orange tab 30 mg. The pharmacy didn’t have any of the TEVA brand so they gave me generic U31 tablet - Aurolife Pharma, LLC brand. This is horrible! People take time off work to be seen by doctor, get put on meds for a reason, spend money for the appointment and meds, all the time you spend doing this & it can’t be returned back to Walmart to get my right medicine because “it’s against the law” supposedly! Even when I have the entire prescription (minus one) to give them back. Why make people feel like this when they do so much to try and make life easier being on their meds. I don’t have insurance so my doc visit is almost $100 & medicine is around $60 every month. My 7 year old daughters meds were switched as well. I’m scared to even give her medicine! How can Walmart just give you a different brand that you’ve never taken and not tell me before I leave it’s different!?”

Sue August 10, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “First prescribed it in grad school for ADD & depression. Worked wonders. Only downside is I became very reliant on it. Was stuck between the two evils of being a depressed zombie (w/o taking it) and feeling like a happy, motivated, focused person (on Adderall). Eventually stopped taking and failed out of grad school. Work was hard, always late, made stupid mistakes, & couldn’t complete tasks. 3 years & 3 jobs later, I broke down and went back to a doctor who rediagnosed me with ADD, Anxiety, & Depression. I was reluctant to start back on Adderall and tried a few alternatives first. Everything made me feel even MORE exhausted; back on Adderall 30mg day; feel normal again. I have the motivation, energy, & focus to complete tasks. Only complaint is anxiety which I resolve w/ a low benzo & exercise. Remember, there’s no reason to be miserable if there’s a pill out there that can change your life.”

Theophilus · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall is very useful but recently I was ignorant and thought it would be okay to take a little extra at night to help clean my house. I took a bigger extra dose then I should have and a few hours later I felt pretty awful. I am very productive and more positive on the right dose of this med, so I recommend trying it or Desoxyn, because it is said to have fewer side effects like anxiety and panic and irritability post dose. Like all meds, Adderall is a blessing when dosed right and a curse when dosed incorrectly. I noticed that I paced around a bit when on it but I didn’t feel that anxious. It isn’t fun and enjoyable to take a big dose, don’t do it. God made everything to be used in moderation and it is much better for the whole society when we obey the wise instructions of our doctors and leaders. Be careful, obey your doctor, and may God bless you all to succeed in your treatment plans and in your lives. Amen”

16ahj February 25, 2021

For ADHD: “Been taking adderall for years. Until the had me try a white stop sign shaped one by mallinckrodt since there was an adderall shortage at my Walgreens. mallinckrodt amphetamine/dextroamphetamine shouldn’t even be labeled as amphetamine/dextroamphetamine it should just be sold as a caffeine pill because all it does is wake you up subtlety. It doesn’t help with focus whatsoever. I’ve already filed a complaint with the FDA and recommend everyone else do the same”

beachgirl02 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 2, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I recently was given this new form of adderall from the pharmacy which was circular with just an "A" on one side... I did not like this new form of Adderall at all!! I assumed it would have the same effect as the typical oval shaped and it was completely different which is a little scary. It was very bitter and gross tasting unlike the football shaped one has a sweet note. It also disintegrated turning to powder immediately, as I attempted to break it in half (waste of product). I did not get any focus from it nor did I feel any different at all?? It did nothing! Then the next day got a horrible headache! I was talking with a friend who also mentioned getting the same thing recently. He mentioned having an extremely bad headache too the following day, so we now know it's from this form of adderall. I DO NOT LIKE IT. It should be pulled from the market honestly I don't know what the heck this rubbish is but it is not adderall.”

Wilder July 19, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall is literally the only THING Period that I have tried that has improved my life in the slightest (I have ADD/Treatment-Resistant Depression ) - I got my Bachelors degree in Health & Psychology, I tried EVERY supplement herb, nootropic, etc. I'm commenting here is because of all the people saying how it drained them, or over time began making them feel worse - you need to educate yourself - one of the most important being, be SURE to be supplementing with TYROSINE, literally daily (tyrosine converts into Dopamine - like how 5-HTP converts to Serotonin) just like how SSRI's eventually "poop out" and just stop working (because they've used up the bodies natural serotonin) Adderall will eventually "poop out" on you, stop working, yet even worse when this happens, the more you take the WORSE you feel because its like revving an engine with no gasoline left in it!!! Theres plenty more to look into but even just taking Tyrosine makes a HUGE difference!”

SH · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

For ADHD: “The generic manufacturer of amphetamine & dextroamphetamine, Sandoz, is the only one that works for me. This month the manufacturer is Northstar and last month Aurobindo, and they are garbage. They don’t help AT ALL with my focus. Zero. I am irritable. I am getting nothing done and my anxiety is sky high. I am going to stop taking these brands and ask pharmacy for Sandoz. I complained to the FDA and urge others to do so as well. This is ridiculous.”

monirowe · Taken for 10 years or more April 19, 2021

For ADHD: “I have been on and off generic Adderall for many years. Currently, I have been prescribed 30 mg twice a day. For the last couple of months, it's been a nightmare. It's been on backorder and then changed the generic name from amphetamine salts combo to amphetamine/ dextroamphetamine combo. This is only because I have had severe headaches, extreme fatigue, and a loss of motivation. My ADHD has been out of the roof. It's frustrating because I feel like I did before taking any generic Adderall. I have even been concerned that maybe I was receiving a placebo rather than the actual medication. That's probably far-fetched, but it's been such a decline for me. There is something missing from this generic form and it is the essential thing that is needed to control my ADHD. I have even gained a lot of weight over the past two months. Hopefully, something will give, I can't imagine it affecting people like this and nothing changing.”