User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

ADHD
7.8

Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 8.0 654 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I’ve been on Mydayis 37.5mg for a week after taking two and a half 20 mg Adderall for four years. I feel slightly more focused for a few hours longer than my first dose of 20 mg Adderall but much, much more tired. I find myself looking for sugar or caffeine to keep focused at work after five or six hours. I don’t know if the dose is too low or it’s just not for me. Hopefully, at my next appointment after trying it for 30 days; my PCP will have some answers or suggestions! I don’t want to gain weight!!"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

For ADHD: "2018-Generic Ratings of amphetamine/dextroamphetamine •Teva- worked fine up until 6MO ago, now it feels like a sugar pill, maybe since Actavis/Allergen sold every generic to them and they bought Barr who made the best •Corepharma(Just ended with Impax, starting back up)- Insane nasty energy, come down was hell •Sandoz/Eon/Novartis- Smooth and long lasting •Mylan- Terrible •Aurobindo/Aurolife- Terrible •Mallinckrodt- The WORST by far, only negative effects, cheapst for a reason"

Teejay (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "All the generics ate horrible. Teva who acquired barr has not improved. The brand is teva- generic does not work. I want something comparable to original Barr. I'm struggling and drowning back into depression - generics are not the same. FDA doing nothing to help all of us that ate struggling"

Seester (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This is my first time going on anything. At 45 I have finally admitted I have an issue focusing. I am the person with a million ideas that starts everything and never finishes anything. My therapist prescribed my mydayis 50 mg. Started 25 then upped to 50. It immediately changed my life. I am so focused and get so much done. Not just at work but around the house. I can work until 10 and go to sleep or work until 3am if I choose. It’s been wonderful for the 6 months I’ve been on it. I have never tried anything else but last time I visited my therapist a few days ago she asked me if it made me moody and irritable and I said no it puts me in a good mood and works all day. She said she was going to switch from adderal to mydayis lol. I hope everyone finds the right combination or dosage because this has completely changed my life and my marriage and my respect from peers at the office."

John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Worst side effects ever. I switched to mydayis 37.5mgs once a day after several years of taking Adderall XR 30mgs twice a day. The first week I felt disoriented and every time I went to bed all my muscles felt VERY sore, especially my legs. It felt like I had run 20 miles and every time I moved the soreness woke me up. Then, one night when trying to fall asleep I heard voices, it was the sound of many people talking, like if I was at a very crowded restaurant. After that, I stopped taking this medication for my own safety. I’ve never had side effects with adderall other than feeling some anxiety when I forget to eat."

Bongo July 6, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I like Mydayis! I've tried Vyvanse and Straterra and those didn't do much in the area of focusing but the Mydayis is like the perfect drug. It is released three times a day which is a release after taking it, during mid day, and afternoon and you basically stay focused all day. ADHD medicine is an individual thing because Mydayis works for me but someone else might not like it. Like people rave about Vyvanse but it didn't do much for me. Mydayis is basically adderall but it's released different and you don't have to take an instant release capsule after the extend release wears off. With Mydayis you take one pill and you set for the rest of the day"

Marcia (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm a 21 yr old who suffers from extreme ADD and Social Anxiety. I've found that Adderall 20 mgs IR 3 times daily to be a life saver for my ADD and social life. I actually go out and can maintain friendships/relationships. I've tried Focalin (D-methylphenidate), Ritalin (racemic form methylphenidate), Concerta (Mph er), etc and Adderall beats them all by far. I started out on 10mgs twice a day and have found this dosage is the most effective at keeping my moods stable."

96chanz (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 1, 2018

For ADHD: "This medication keeps getting substituted for my dextroamphetamine. I don't know if pharmacists don't know the difference between mixed salts and Dextro but it puts me out like a sleeping pill for about two hours, then it sort of works. I started out on Adderall and then the doctor switched when I complained of the sleeping effect. Honestly, I am not sure how this compares to real Adderall. I can't remember the last time I saw any kind of name brand drug."

Sleepy (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "To all the people saying this is rubbish and to use adderall XR instead, this IS adderall XR. It's literally made by the same company and contains the same ingredients. It's just a triple layer release whereas adderall XR is double layer. If you do not feel the effects of mydayis but do feel adderall XR, it's because of your own negative expectations and placebo. That's is all."

AngryLogic (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2018

For ADHD: "This medication has honestly saved my life from insanity. I have Schizoaffective Disorder, with Bipolar 1, ADHD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, chronic pain due to Trigeminal Neuralgia and 5 severe herniated discs in my thoracic spine and severe arthritis (MANY bones broken during life). I am 39 years old, and was told by TWO pain doctors that I have the back of a 75 year old coal miner. Yet my occupation is that of a sculptor. Anyways I had been suffering from EXTREME anxiety and insomnia, where I couldn’t sleep for weeks. My doc put me on this medication, and it calmed me like a sedative. It also helps me to focus on work and family, gives me motivation. It also stabilizes my bipolar, by keeping me just SLIGHTLY manic, and saves me from the horrible depression. Without it, I wouldn’t have a LIFE. Only side effect is sexual problems but it is treatable. 60mg/day."

James Hoffa (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I have had Narcolepsy for 25 years, 5 of those years I went undiagnosed, another 5 figuring out a treatment that worked for me. Initially, treated with Ritalin and developed a tolerance. Tried non-amphetamines and they did absolutely nothing! Then started Adderall, I had become a new person again, had a life. Able to hold conversations, cook a meal, and drive a car again, all without falling asleep! I was even able to work and have been working for the past 15 years. The dosage increased over a period of time, but for the past 9 years I have been on 180 mg per day and it has controlled my Narcolepsy without any side effects or need to increase the levels."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 9, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It worked for like 2-3 hours more than a 6 hour Adderall XR dose but I am a Dexedrine Spansule and Zenzedi guy. Vyvanse and Desoxyn didn‘t calm me at all. And I liked Daytrana oddly but Ritalin is less effective. The doses are off. I figured it would range from 7.5 mg to 90 mg dosing."

spemat May 28, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Mydayis causes me to have way to much anxiety, only reason I take it is due to the long half life."

Frass (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on Adderall XR 20mg for years! I was told to try Mydayis 25mg and 3 hours after I took it my heart rate was at 150. It was weird because it dipped fast between 150 all the way down to 50 with in seconds! It was awful! My anxiety is still super high by the experience I’ve had today!"

Mac (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Taking 37.5mg for a few months. Previously on 70mg Vyvanse + afternoon boost Good: Slows down my racing thoughts Focused for a few hours Low appetite- def can lose a few :) Not Good: (v=same as Vyvanse) I think my eyesight is affected - v Dizziness periodically - v Increased BP - v Nail biting Jaw clenching - v Sweating This med is going to be like all the others out there. Good for some people and not good for others. With any med if the side affects overshadow the benefits then it isn’t for you. Mydayis works like Vyvanse but initially didn’t need the boost. When I take it at 6am, I have to get right up and move around or I’ll go into a deep sleep and wake up 1-2 hrs late for everything! I still can’t figure out if caffeine helps or hinders it. I’m going to give it a few more months to see if I need to increase or go back to Vyvanse + boost. All of these meds should be accessible. No one should have to change just because of cost IMO"

Geez May 16, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I’ve been using this for 30 days, and really find it to be more effective than anything I’ve previously tried. It took a few days to get used to the idea that I have to drink a ton of water. I was getting really bad headaches for the first week, towards the end of the day. Once I started making sure my water intake was sufficient, the headaches went away. I think this triple time release is perfect for someone who has a long day, but would hesitate to give it to a teen, or someone who requires more sleep and rest. It is essential that you take it upon waking if you want to get to sleep on time at night."

Heather164 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

For ADHD: "It's horrible. I got 10 mg and it feels like nothing at all. Feel ripped off big time. Don't buy it."

Not working. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It's helping with talking too much, binge eating, organization, memory, motivation, prioritizing tasks, memory, breaking hyper-focus, listening, conveying thoughts, studying, homeschooling my preschooler, staying awake ALL day, sleeping ALL night, and my organization is creating more structure for my kids-I have everything ready before they wake so we're not fighting before school. The best part is I'm feeling more energy so I'm walking the dog, actually wanting to play with my kids outside, and my libido came back! lol Unfortunately it didn't take away my anxiety and irritability as much as Vyvanse did. Only side effects I've noticed: I need to up my fiber intake and I have dry mouth (water bottle in purse, gum, and a floride mouth wash to keep my teeth healthy - these things seem to work great.) The first 2 days at night I felt so cold, it took me awhile to fall asleep, and I couldn't stop scratching my scalp- so weird! Other than that it's working great!"

Diagnosed at 36 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I went from taking Adderall XR 20mg twice a day + Adderall IR 20mg once a day, to Mydayis 50mg. This hasn’t been effective at all. Not motivated. Not focused. I rather just have Adderall XR plus my IR booster rather than the “convenience” of taking 1 capsule a day. Waste of my time."

Mjd331 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Switched from vyvanse. Insurance wouldn't cover and $300+ a month was unsustainable. $3 was much nicer, but with the side effects I'm having it's not worth it. I was under the impression that this was the same/similar to vyvanse with a different release method, but I'm not feeling more productive at all, if anything less. What really sucks is a low constant headache and random body/joint aches. After reading other reviews I'll be requesting to swap to something else. Ty other person with same reactions, it made me feel better that it wasn't just me."

MADJake (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

For ADHD: "Works a little bit."

Bonner6312 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I tried adderall first at age 17 (15mg a day), it helped a couple hours after I took it, but about 3 hours later I'd get extremely depressed and have depressing thoughts, then a couple hours later it'd just go away. This happened every time and I went off it shortly after. At 19 I tried it again at 20mg a day. Same good feelings for about 3 hours, and then a crash. However, this time the bad feelings weren't as intense and I didn't have depressing thoughts. I did experience more anxiety though, and the depression was still bad enough for me to dread taking the meds. I'm trying focalin now but I've only taken it once so I can't compare them yet."

skittle (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was prescribed Adderall 5mg in the morning to start for ADD not ADHD. I am 21 years old. After a couple months I got up to 20mg daily because the lower doses weren't helping. Make sure to eat something before you take it because if I took it before breakfast I wouldn't eat all day. After 4 months on Adderall 20mg daily it is not helping anymore and if anything made my ADD a lot worse. I'd be in the middle of a conversation and just totally blank. Started taking a lot of effort to think anymore. It also became really hard to do much of anything if I didn't take it. It also made me sweat profusely and gave me very dry and pimply skin. It worked well for a while when I didn't take it every day but when I changed jobs I started taking it daily and it's awful. If you are prescribed this don't take it daily like it's a maintenance drug or it'll fry your brain!!!"

Allison (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2018

For Fatigue: "I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about a year ago but the onset of symptoms began years ago (in particular, the chronic fatigue). Before I even saw a doctor the fatigue got so bad that all I was doing was working & sleeping. But it must have been a year & half ago that the most intense fatigue I’d ever experienced began. When it hits me, it’s hard to keep my vision from blurring or doubling. The exhaustion is so bad it’s actually painful! And it began happening more & more. Just about 3 or 4 months ago the doctor prescribed me this med. First a very low dose but then higher until it was right. I only take it if I get the painful fatigue that causes blurred vision and IF I am working. I don’t like the after effect (anxiety, irritability, headache); but it definitely helps me get thru those episodes of intense fatigue!"

Kerbear (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Starting taking Mydayis after Vyvance got to be really expensive. For the first month I was on a 37.5 mg. It didn’t seem to help my focus and worse yet by 7PM I was ridiculously irritable. Dr decided to increase my dose to 50 mg during month 2. The first few days I felt pretty good. But by 5 days in I felt awful again. This time I felt like a zombie, had zero focus and still felt mad at the world. This stuff is awful. I would never recommend taking this stuff. Time to go back to vyvance."

Shannon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018