User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 43 reviews 15 medications

8.8
Fatigue 17 reviews 0 medications

8.6
ADHD 372 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 432 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking adderall in 2012 to 2015 with a 15 month break in 2014 due pregnancy and breastfeeding. I was diagnosed with ADD as a child but held off on taking medication until I was 26. Adderall immediately helped with focus and even energy and motivation. I excelled at work and finally was able to complete tasks instead of starting them and trailing off to something else. In 2015 when I discontinued adderall, I was taking a pretty high prescribed dose of 30mg twice a day. I started noticing the cons of the come downs were outweighing the pros of when the medication was working. I had anxiety, irritability and extreme fatigue. They switched me to dex which was much smoother but has increased my BP. I try Vyvanse tomorrow."

Parksc352 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed as narcoleptic at the age of 50 following my diagnosis of sleep apnea. I first tried Provigil and it was a game changer. I had spent the last 30+ years developing my own coping mechanisms to mitigate my EDS. After 6 weeks on Provigil I experienced progressive allergic reactions to the drug and sadly had to quit taking it. When I reported this back to my Sleep Doctor, he put me on the time release 20 mg of Adderoll. Love it!!!! I do get sleepy late afternoon....might need to take a second dose...will discuss with my doctor. My daughter was diagnosed with severe Narcolepsy and cataplexy about three years ago. She also had Graves Disease. She recently had her thyroid removed and just started daytime meds."

Mjferg63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was first diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 6. My parents at the time decided against treating my illness with any form of medication. This was in the mid-90s during a time where ADHD and ADHD medications were very controversial. This led to self-medicating with prescription opioids throughout my teens and early twenties. It wasn't until several psychiatrists continued to stress the importance of treating my ADHD that I finally decided to try the Adderall. And I can proudly say that it changed my life and saved me from a serious drug addiction. I'm now in my third year of school studying psychopharmacology. Thank you Adderall."

Frank TheHuman Sambrick (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I had been on Adderall for a couple of years. I was finally after being out of it most of the time during my life, was able to get things done and even if I did not get enough sleep at night (I still have that problem). I was fine just taking 20mg in the morning and sometimes (rarely) 10mg around 11:00 am. I did not gain nor loose weight. I did have enough energy though to go to the gym and not worry about driving any time of the day. All was good until Medicare said NO, I could not have it anymore. I am now on Ritalin 30mg in the morning. It helps a little but I don’t ever want to drive far, 5 miles is my limit, before I get sleepy. My sleep is very restless and I wake up many times, avg. around 4hrs sleep out of 9hrs in bed."

The Dawg (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take 20mg Adderall XR daily for ADHD. I feel extremely productive, focused, and proactive while on it. My first day taking it, I usually am a normal eater, I could only eat a sandwich bag of pretzels before losing any appetite. That night, despite eating almost nothing, I biked 21 miles (my standard biking route), without stopping, in record time, without even feeling exhausted. Now, each day I take it, i feel very intelligent and concentrated, and come up with ideas easily, as well as feeling great all of the time. In my opinion, Adderall is the greatest thing to grace humankind, and I would suggest it to anybody who has difficulty focusing, especially if you are overweight. I lost 25 lbs in my first 3 months taking it, though."

3dprinterguy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2016

For Fatigue: "I was started on addaroll in 2002, while in a rehabilitation center for teenagers. I didn't know what ADD was , I knew I couldn't concentrate but never seemed I had a disorder. When I started taking, I realized I could focus easier. I went on to graduate high school. I'm 29 years old now, I'm still prescribed, however the pills dont do much since I've been taking the highest dose for several years every day. Without iim so tired, literally fall asleep sitting up. I've realized how addictive these are, they are becoming harder to fill in certain areas because more n more people are getting prescriptions, I myself was the only person i knew of prescribed in small town indiana, years ago, now my entire home town is on this medicine."

Kylijah (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "What a genuis medication! It changed my life completely. I strongly believe and from my experiences using for over a year that addetall is extremely helpful for those who really suffer from ADHD. I'm much more focused, happy, a lot get accomplished each day, my emotions are in place. It helps me keep the weight down. There are some side effects, my main concern is trouble sleeping but that can be controlled with meditation and other methods. I wish I've gotten diagnosed earlier, my life would have been much more different. But it's never too late. Great full for this medicine."

MilashkaNY (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 15, 2016

For ADHD: "I found it helpful to keep me focused I take 30 mg x 2 daily. After 3 years of taking it, I don't believe it works anymore. I lose concentration and I am tired a lot. Age 59."

Cigamlooc (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Before Adderall couldn't keep a job longer than a few months, I changed majors in college over 6 times, I couldn't finish anything in my life. Four years ago I went through a divorce and knew I was going to have to work full-time to support myself. I went to my doctor and told him everything, I was diagnosed with severe adult ADD and prescribed 20mg of Adderall xr once a day. Today, I am still at the same job, have been promoted, and in school to finish my master's degree. I can honestly say if it wasn't for Adderall I have no idea where I would be. I now take 20mg xr two times a day and have for the last three years it still works great. Lately my moods have been all over the place so seen a psychiatrist and am starting lexapro in addition"

erica2002 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Since starting Adderall XR about 6 months ago, I am more focused and headstrong than ever. I can actually DO the things I used to enjoy, such as birdwatching (which requires extreme focus) and practicing music (again, extreme focus). Once my attention locks in, I'm good to go; which is a first! Furthermore, it seems to help with my emotions; I feel more balanced and self confident on it, I don't feel like such a "headcase" and so emotionally fragile. Kind of sort of a miracle drug. Did it make me suddenly do things I have been putting off, such as cleaning and sorting out paperwork? No. But can I clean and do paperwork with more patience and ease? Yeah. The only side effects I experienced that were negative was extreme appetite suppressment"

PollyDarton (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Added 40 mg/day to Wellbutrin. I don't space out anymore, and actually do things start to finish. My doctor said Wellbutrin may decrease the effect of stims, and lengthen effective time. I don't experience any crashes with this combo, but have noticed that some effects from the Wellbutrin are a little less. This combo is for me for now, but expect will need to change as tolerance grows. Needed 20mg in the AM to begin therapeutic effects. Definitely could go to bed while on this, don't seem to experience any of the common side effects, or any speediness. Actually increased my appetite (Wellbutrin suppressed)"

kendalh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

For ADHD: "This particular generic Adderall does not work at all (M A20). I was diagnosed with ADHD late in life after thinking I was stupid and shy for many years. I have been. on Adderall 20 mgs for approximately six years and it changed my life completely. . I was able to concentrate and earn a degree in early childhood education. For the past three months I have been given this particular generic Adderall and I'm now back to square one of not being able to concentrate, can't speak to my peers on topics that I know like the back of my hand, don't want to go out, etc, I don't understand the difference in the different types of generics but I feel cheated out of my life because of my pharmacy."

Angryincarolinas (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2016

For ADHD: "Helps concentrate tremendously keeps my mind on a task rather than jumping around doing other things instead of not finishing what I started"

Anonymous May 13, 2016

For ADHD: "I ALWAYS check prior to leaving pharmacy because generic Adderall vary so much. Round and peach it was, just like my other ROUND AND PEACH 15mg NO, NO VERY MISLEADING! The light round and peach give me a horrendous headache, and my stomach hurts all day long! I believe some are sugar based/and some salt? These are awful! I'm going on vacation, and also working on a federal lawsuit, and I'm tired, w a massive headache! I called my doctor, also the pharmacy CVS and nothing until next month! I'm on a time frame w my lawsuit and am furious about what I feel was VERY MISLEADING!If it is the same manufacturer with a different formula they should change the description/color, it's not them feeling awful for 30 days! UGH!"

30 days to suffer May 7, 2016

For ADHD: "This brand makes me nauseous, sluggish, I feel very disconnected and unfocused"

Sapphire64 April 29, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on Adderall XR 20 mg for about 6 months, and then developed hives. Could've been the bottle, could've been a delayed reaction (sulfa allergies). I don't know, but it was perfect until then. Decreased appetite, yes, but that's not negative as far as I'm concerned. Doc switched me to Vyvanse XR, and I can tell you that while you will focus, it's not as focused as when on Adderall (at least for me). Decreased appetite but nothing like with Adderall. I've also been on Evekeo (10 mg) tablet. I've only tried that once, and while it will definitely stimulate you (closer to Adderall), I find there's really not hyper focus. Just a lot of movement and staying awake. If you haven't tried it yet, I would go with Adderall XR first."

Multiple Tries (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2016

For Narcolepsy: "I was ready for the nut house, when finally diagnosed with narcolepsy. I would need to take a 10-15 min nap every 45 min. I would start feeling like throwing up and fainting. I had losed my ability to function, think or anything else. I could not drive, as I would nod out constantly, within the first mile. I could not even do basic thought process like addition/subtraction in my head. After the first dose, I felt immediately better. I could make it thru a normal day, without falling asleep. Even better, my thought process came back. I could figure things out, understand things. and I could drive without nodding out. I have been on this for a year. same dosage, I stop for a day or two every 3 mths. as instructions say."

old lady got the blues April 19, 2016

For ADHD: "I've been dealing with fatigue for yrs now and even if I'll sleep early I will still feel tired. Then I went back to school and I've been noticing that I just can't focus into what I'm studying and there's just too many darn freaking thoughts in my head and I will day dream or zone out at time in the mid of studying. I will jump from doing one thing jn my life to another just coz I feel exited about it. I like excitement so much that I keep loosing track of things! I asked my friend to give me two capsules to try n see what it will do to me and God it just feels like it opened up a new world of having organized thoughts and focus. I took 10mg went to doc got me an rx and now I'll see how to feel normal. if I had known... missed allot of yrs"

cookiecrumbs (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "ADD is NOT a made up condition. I'm 26. Without Adderall/Vyvanse, i have no mental energy or focus to do anything. And it has been this way my entire life. School has gone from being an F and D student to being an A and B student. It has nothing to do with "being lazy" and everything to do with having a real chemical imbalance in the brain. Anyways, have been full time for 2 years until 7 weeks ago I convinced myself it wasn't working anymore and I didn't need it. Big mistake! I am ready to start up again next week. I can feel the old me come back, the me I hated. If you truly have ADD/ADHD, this will change your life for the better. Some negatives are sleeping less, decreased apatite, and often weak erections on it (despite high libido)"

Matt88 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2016

For ADHD: "I got generic amphetamine salts 30mg and it is not working at all. Is their any bad batches I don't no about its manufactor is tiva I think its orange and useless"

kate123456987 April 1, 2016

For ADHD: "I seem to not be able to focus as well on this as I did on my 20mg adderral but at the same time it didn't last very long, not even close to all day, but its only been 6 weeks so I'm hopeful this will work out!"

slick willy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2016

For ADHD: "Just took my first pill, 10mg. 54 y.o male who's been aware of "not being able to focus" all of my life. No one ever mentioned or even thought to check for ADD (boy did that cost me). I've had impulsive behavior issues that actually got me locked up more than once. I'm a talented artist and I've blown/lost many great opportunities because of my issues.I can NEVER complete a task or project. I have so many "open" art projects it's crazy. I've lost and destroyed 99% of every relationship I've ever had. I have a degree in special ed, and for years I still didn't make the connection between my issues and ADD...until recently. I sought a doctor, and now, we're on the way... I'm excited, and scared. Will let you know what happens."

LeoArt March 7, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I suffer from a fairly severe case of ADHD, and take 30 mg Adderall XR daily. Having been on this medication for quite a few years now and taking an almost 7 month break from Adderall, I've gained a better understanding of myself both on and off the drug. Adderall gives me a balance in every sense of the word. It helps me regulate my emotions, gives me the focus I lack, and allows me to feel whole inside. I also feel that it helps me with connecting to others. With impulsivity as a main symptom of my ADHD and one that gets me in a lot of trouble, Adderall helps me to be more mindful when I am communicating myself to the people that I care about. Aside from the mild appetite suppression, this drug really does wonders for people like me."

Courtpie447 March 3, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking this when I was 17. I was struggling in school, barely passing my main subjects. Within 10 days of taking Adderall, I could tell it started to work. I could concentrate on listening to my teachers. My brain slowed down enough where I could do my homework. It all started to make sense. My self-esteem improved with my grades improving to 85's and above within 6 months. Side effects have been loss of appetite, not needing to sleep as much. Unfortunately, I've had bright red blood in my stool this past month. It also happened about 6 months ago. I will be discussing with my doctor."

coco123457 February 28, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am currently 18 years old, and I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression when I was 13 years old, and I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 14. I currently use Vyvanse for my ADHD, and it has improved my life so much. I went from always zoning out and failing classes, to becoming a straight A student again, and I have been able to connect with my family so much more. I also use Prozac for my anxiety, and there does not seem to be any issues with my anxiety flaring up, however there is a noticeable difference when I only use Prozac and not Vyvanse. I also have lost some appetite for eating but I still eat enough to satisfy my body. Sleeping isn't a huge issue, as I usually take it around 6:00am each morning."

Matt4699 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 26, 2016