User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine to treat ADHD

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "For me Adderall has changed my life remarkably for the good; without Adderall I wouldn't be able to work 40 hours a week like I do as well as going to school full-time. Yes it may be a amphetamine and produce similar euphoric highs to meth and MDMA, however it is far different as far as when it is broken down chemically. For those who have little knowledge in chemistry, just one small change in the chemical structure to a drug that may seem so insignificant can actually change the drug dramatically when it comes to the side effects. Adderall is a very useful drug and provides many benefits with much less side effects then the other not so good drugs in its class."

chan the man with the plan (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I've recently switched from Adderall (the generic version) to mydayis for my ADHD and have been noticing really intense dehydration about 3-4 hours after I take it. I'm shaky, feel nausea, I have "the runs", and I also feel like I get easily distracted... all of the time! Like now. I'm literally supposed to be working lol and I started researching mydayis side effects. I thankfully have my Dr on Wednesday, so I think I'll be switching back to my generic adderall. I was very happy on that and got dehydrated on that as well but I would just drink water and be fine. Now I feel like I'm drinking all of the water/electrolytes in the world and still feel awful =\ I really wanted to like this medication but I think it's not worth it actually :("

KatieS. October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is not the same as adderall 20 IR, been taking it for over 20 years, pharmacy said there is a backorder so I ended up with these. I don't know what else to say its just not the same my wife has asked me everyday are you on your meds, granted somedays I do forget my second dose. I'm no doctor or chemist what is going on?"

JK1964 October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken Adderall XR for almost 10 years. I have taken the Generic amphetamine salt mix depending on what the pharmacy had in stock. Never had an issue with either one. Then one day I go pick up my prescription and my pills look funny... they are now a yellowish white color I took them for 2 months and they just weren't working. These need to go back in front of the FDA and be Reno!!! They are not by any means the same!!! I looked up the inactive ingredients on this pill and the main difference that stands out is the fact that it has Shellac in it. Shellac is something that you paint your finger nails with... I could not find the active ingredients but I’m sure they are the same as name brand."

I don’t care (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I was prescribed vyvanse chewable 30 mg in the am and 30 at noon. I loved it, but had a month where I didn't take it regularly at noon. Dr suggested this because of the extended release. 2 weeks in: My sleep is concerning. I haven't hit rem in 3 days now. I have no appetite even in the am before I take the mydayis. I have to force feed myself, even icecream is a struggle after the 3rd bite. The 2-3 hours after I take it I feel lost, can't track conversations, no/minimal recall, I can't even prioritize. After those hours things level out a bit, but I don't have the motivation I had with Vyvanse. I believe there is link between loss of quality sleep and stuggling to meet my dietary requirements and how the drug affects me."

Confused office manager (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "works very good for energy, focus and a feeling of well being. I didn't feel depressed at all. It kept me focused unlike when I was without I couldn't sit still for 2 minutes. Good overall. It left my heart racing a little but I took a Xanax and it all balanced out."

chiOne18 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Taking 25mg right now and was on adderall XR 30mg. I don't understand this medicine since it usually makes me tired and down for about 2-3 hours after taking it then get an okay amount of focus for another 6-8 hours. I personally can't deal with those 3 hours everyday when I need to be productive so I will try something else. This drug may be very similar to the chemicals in adderall but it definitely does not feel like it."

Alex1321 October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I switched to Mydayis from Vyvanse. The effects of Mydayis last longer than Vyvanse, but just as—in my experience—Vyvanse did not last fourteen hours, Mydayis’s duration of action falls short of the sixteen hours as advertised by Shire. Nonetheless, I still hold Mydayis superior to Vyvanse and Adderall."

R1ch1e September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Trying over IR"

Tracey Deneen Weaver (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Hi, I was tried to be put on Ritalin when I was 5 and it simply wasn’t gonna happen w my parents. So I continued school and still had c and d grades. I went to a Dr, did all these tests and said I have ADD/ADHD\ w anxiety disorder. Which was from all the MDMA abuse. So I am on 30 mg IR adderall (the ones with the 30 on em) only ones that don’t make my mouth dry and 2mg xanax 4 times a day. Let me say I wake up everyday excited to go to work. I used to be a hardcore tablet junkie and now since I take these two I don’t drink and I don’t do illegal drugs. These two rx’s We’re a match made in heaven. I take 2 green bars and 1 adderall in the morning and I’m flying at work in the IT/ software field. These two have saved my life. Best combo"

Xannyaddysubs September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "It takes too long to kick in, I have to get up hours before I am suppose to just to take it so I am alert at work. I was just sitting here today trying to figure why I have been so tired and sad and I started reading the side effects and now it all makes sense. I am going to keep taking it until my month is up and if it doesn't get better I am going back to my vyvance and adderall."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Mydayis 50mg has worked great for me. It did take a week or so for me to notice any real benefits. The first day I was a bit on edge. Then I was depressed slightly for about a week. It wasn’t major depression, just a general “down” feeling. After the second week I have seemed more focused. My energy and motivation seems to be increasing slightly. This drug has a very smooth transition. I don't crash or have periods of high heart rates and anxiety. I was on adderall 30mg previously. I also have tried vyvanse and concerta in the past with poor results."

Jala (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Not at all what I expected. Have used Vyvanse with success, but went back to adderall, more flexibility dosing. Can take a second dose during the day if necessary, or not. Mydayis takes an unusually long time to kick in. Have found that I am much more irritable, foggy, and have experienced feelings of being overwhelmed at work doing things that I normally handle day in and day out with no problem. I am for the most part easy going, everything seems to annoy me since I began using Mydayis. Also have experienced headaches during lag times, body aches, and flu like symptoms. A lot of the time I feel worse than I do un-medicated. Do not like Mydayis at all. Will not be refilling."

ljuls September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking adderall for quite some time but this month I went to CVS and got my normal 10mg, took them and felt NOTHING by the end of day I had taken 60mg, way more than normal and felt NOTHING but a headache. Got my dr to switch the script to 20mg went back and got a faded looking orange pill with U30 on it, first of all it was all crumbly then it was BITTER instead of the normal sweet taste, I have taken 60mg again and I'm about to fall asleep!!! CVS must know they are selling rubbish!!! Next month I won't fill unless I make sure its not from these people!!"

Justmakingit77503 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I wanted this medication to work because I often forget to take my second generic adderral dose on time. However, Mydayis is not the wonder drug I wanted it to be. It takes up to 2 hours to kick in (something they hide in the facts) and even though I "worked" this drawback by waking up earlier to take it there wasn't enough positives to keep me taking it past week four. It lasted about 6 hours before it quickly declined and leaving me with even worse ADD symptoms. It was so bad I couldn't have a conversation or focus enough to make dinner without skipping into laundry, cleaning, or some other distractions. Without the use of any medication I have never had symptoms this bad. If this wasn't bad enough I had horrible nausea and indigestion."

ADD Mommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Meh. I was on Vyvanse, 70 mg/day & switched to Mydayis 25 mg/day. NOT what I was hoping for. Not by a Long Shot. While it "lasts longer" than VYVANSE (was on Vyvanse for years) which only gave me about 5/6 hours in the end, it gives me MUCH LESS motivation. Makes me depressed. I'm Very Sorry I did not only get Only a 2 week supply rather than 1 month. I have no insurance & it was about $100 more than Vyvanse. Needless to say, I will request Vyvanse again at my next appt. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT."

SummerMermaid (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I had been taking adderall xr 30 mg for 10 years and it started wearing off too early and not being as effective. I started on Mydayis 37.5 mg and it is work amazing! It lasts much longer than Adderall XR and there is no crash like I used to have terribly on Adderall XR."

Sk41453 (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel like I was seeing the World for the 1st time as it was ment to be seen! I was just diagnosed 5/2017. It literally changed my life in every way! At my place of employment, being able to focus!? Wow!!! Following through with tasks, chores and it's calmed me tremendously !! I just hate I went undiagnosed for my entire life, I'm now 55! I was prescribed 40 mg a day, but take 20mg a day instead. And seeking counseling with the medication since it made such a huge difference, I want to take full advantage of becoming the Best Me! Thank you so much!!! Andee"

PrettyCheeky September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I was prescribed 50 mg. 1st day I could literally feel the release of the medication. During the lag of the release I would get headaches, become tired, irritable and frustrated with every situation and conversation. By evening time I couldn't carry a conversation without forgetting prior known facts. Saturday ,I was completely not myself. On top of how I felt Friday I was emotional, had down thoughts, I couldn't follow a time line: I was late for everything. Sunday seemed to be better but not by much. Monday..horrible it was like I added Friday and Saturday symptoms together then add in horrible chest pain, shortness of breath, constant feeling of about to faint, fever, flu symptoms, hot/cold, exhausted but not able to sleep, & more symptoms. I refuse to take another dose"

Dani e September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I was prescribed 30 mg XR of adderall plus 20 mg tabs per day, my doctor switched my to one 25 mg Mydayis and it was horrible...well it was horrible because technically it was a very dramatic decrease in dose. After a week of being down, tired, foggy and emotional I called my doctor to increase. I honestly think 50 mg of Mydayis is comparable to 30 mg xr adderall, but lasts longer."

Amesk123 September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Not helpful for hyperactivity. Lasts a long time but doesn't help much. On 50mg but maybe the dose recommendation is too low."

ABCDR September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Adderall XR 20mg, doesn't help me at all. I can't tell I took it. The manufacturer is Activas Pharm"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Never had so many thoughts really down thoughts as I did well on this medication. Also, daily dosage only lasted 4-6 hours before effect decreased rapidly. Generic Adderall lasts longer with no downers. This one was not the godsend I had hoped it would be."

Samual Adams September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This has been a life changer for me. Doctors told my parents I was ADHD as a child and was never tested. While in nursing school my classmates told me that I was horribly distracting and told me I should get tested. So I went and have 14/18 markers for ADHD aderall helps me Be more productive,I can sit and read and finally complete assignments and helps me with everyday life with being more organized and getting tasks done."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017