User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine to treat ADHD

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Mydayis causes me to have way to much anxiety, only reason I take it is due to the long half life."

Frass (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I was on Adderall XR 20mg for years! I was told to try Mydayis 25mg and 3 hours after I took it my heart rate was at 150. It was weird because it dipped fast between 150 all the way down to 50 with in seconds! It was awful! My anxiety is still super high by the experience I’ve had today!"

Mac (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Taking 37.5mg for a few months. Previously on 70mg Vyvanse + afternoon boost Good: Slows down my racing thoughts Focused for a few hours Low appetite- def can lose a few :) Not Good: (v=same as Vyvanse) I think my eyesight is affected - v Dizziness periodically - v Increased BP - v Nail biting Jaw clenching - v Sweating This med is going to be like all the others out there. Good for some people and not good for others. With any med if the side affects overshadow the benefits then it isn’t for you. Mydayis works like Vyvanse but initially didn’t need the boost. When I take it at 6am, I have to get right up and move around or I’ll go into a deep sleep and wake up 1-2 hrs late for everything! I still can’t figure out if caffeine helps or hinders it. I’m going to give it a few more months to see if I need to increase or go back to Vyvanse + boost. All of these meds should be accessible. No one should have to change just because of cost IMO"

Geez May 16, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I’ve been using this for 30 days, and really find it to be more effective than anything I’ve previously tried. It took a few days to get used to the idea that I have to drink a ton of water. I was getting really bad headaches for the first week, towards the end of the day. Once I started making sure my water intake was sufficient, the headaches went away. I think this triple time release is perfect for someone who has a long day, but would hesitate to give it to a teen, or someone who requires more sleep and rest. It is essential that you take it upon waking if you want to get to sleep on time at night."

Heather164 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

"It's horrible. I got 10 mg and it feels like nothing at all. Feel ripped off big time. Don't buy it."

Not working. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "It's helping with talking too much, binge eating, organization, memory, motivation, prioritizing tasks, memory, breaking hyper-focus, listening, conveying thoughts, studying, homeschooling my preschooler, staying awake ALL day, sleeping ALL night, and my organization is creating more structure for my kids-I have everything ready before they wake so we're not fighting before school. The best part is I'm feeling more energy so I'm walking the dog, actually wanting to play with my kids outside, and my libido came back! lol Unfortunately it didn't take away my anxiety and irritability as much as Vyvanse did. Only side effects I've noticed: I need to up my fiber intake and I have dry mouth (water bottle in purse, gum, and a floride mouth wash to keep my teeth healthy - these things seem to work great.) The first 2 days at night I felt so cold, it took me awhile to fall asleep, and I couldn't stop scratching my scalp- so weird! Other than that it's working great!"

Diagnosed at 36 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I went from taking Adderall XR 20mg twice a day + Adderall IR 20mg once a day, to Mydayis 50mg. This hasn’t been effective at all. Not motivated. Not focused. I rather just have Adderall XR plus my IR booster rather than the “convenience” of taking 1 capsule a day. Waste of my time."

Mjd331 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Switched from vyvanse. Insurance wouldn't cover and $300+ a month was unsustainable. $3 was much nicer, but with the side effects I'm having it's not worth it. I was under the impression that this was the same/similar to vyvanse with a different release method, but I'm not feeling more productive at all, if anything less. What really sucks is a low constant headache and random body/joint aches. After reading other reviews I'll be requesting to swap to something else. Ty other person with same reactions, it made me feel better that it wasn't just me."

MADJake (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

"Works a little bit."

Bonner6312 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I tried adderall first at age 17 (15mg a day), it helped a couple hours after I took it, but about 3 hours later I'd get extremely depressed and have depressing thoughts, then a couple hours later it'd just go away. This happened every time and I went off it shortly after. At 19 I tried it again at 20mg a day. Same good feelings for about 3 hours, and then a crash. However, this time the bad feelings weren't as intense and I didn't have depressing thoughts. I did experience more anxiety though, and the depression was still bad enough for me to dread taking the meds. I'm trying focalin now but I've only taken it once so I can't compare them yet."

skittle (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I was prescribed Adderall 5mg in the morning to start for ADD not ADHD. I am 21 years old. After a couple months I got up to 20mg daily because the lower doses weren't helping. Make sure to eat something before you take it because if I took it before breakfast I wouldn't eat all day. After 4 months on Adderall 20mg daily it is not helping anymore and if anything made my ADD a lot worse. I'd be in the middle of a conversation and just totally blank. Started taking a lot of effort to think anymore. It also became really hard to do much of anything if I didn't take it. It also made me sweat profusely and gave me very dry and pimply skin. It worked well for a while when I didn't take it every day but when I changed jobs I started taking it daily and it's awful. If you are prescribed this don't take it daily like it's a maintenance drug or it'll fry your brain!!!"

Allison (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Starting taking Mydayis after Vyvance got to be really expensive. For the first month I was on a 37.5 mg. It didn’t seem to help my focus and worse yet by 7PM I was ridiculously irritable. Dr decided to increase my dose to 50 mg during month 2. The first few days I felt pretty good. But by 5 days in I felt awful again. This time I felt like a zombie, had zero focus and still felt mad at the world. This stuff is awful. I would never recommend taking this stuff. Time to go back to vyvance."

Shannon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "This caused me to have major shortness of breath and nausea. Much prefer Vyvanse."

MudBug (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "25 year old female with ADHD and MDD and am currently taking 30mg of Adderall XR twice daily along with Celexa 20mg. My new psychiatrist switched me to XR after my GP had me on IR which caused raised BP and anxiety. Adderall XR has given me back control over my life. I am no longer struggling to complete tasks, have endless patience, have become more naturally social and less avoidant of people. I no longer get overwhelmed at the thought of having to do something. I am much less impulsive, especially financially, as I got into $17k of debt and am finally organizing my life to pay it off. The only negative is that it is addictive. Before adding Celexa, I had a difficult time weaning off and taking tolerance breaks. I would go through severe withdrawals and depression. Celexa has helped me lower my dose and allows me to take breaks without feeling like I am going to die. Overall a good medication when responsible monitored and taken. Really changed my life."

MissXo92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2018

"Have developed a tic where in the afternoon can't keep my mouth still, always smacking lips. It does work. I'm now on max dose. I've tried Vyvanse but have same tic. Also fingers on right hand have numbness. What is weird is it was accepted drug for me on genetics test."

Crazy wm April 14, 2018

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "good for focusing on one task at a time"

knj April 12, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Started Mydayis 37.5mg on Wednesday + it's now Saturday. I feel nothing, no change whatsoever. "

Escahm (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I am a nursing student and a pharmacy technician so I see all the new drugs that hit the market like when this one did. I am up long hours since I have classes in the mornings until the afternoon, then I go to work for at least 7 hours per day after that. I have always had issues with school and ADHD. I finally decided to try medications when I was a freshman in college. I thought this medication would be perfect since it lasts so long. I hated having to take Adderall so many times a day and I would forget to take them all the time. Once I spoke to my psychiatrist and started the Mydayis I was sweating on my face so much and I had some heart palpitations which triggered my asthma constantly. I didn't even feel a big difference in my focus. I was already on the highest strength so there was nowhere else to go. We decided to go with Vyvanse and it's working great. I felt more awake on the medication, but not focused. I still felt squirrely and anxious."

CaylaM98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "I was on 70mg Vyvanse for several years, but was constantly complaining that it stopped working by 2pm every day. So when Mydayis came out, my doctor suggested I try it. It DOES last longer, but that also means constantly being "on" from the time you take your pill to the time you fall asleep. This led to a non-stop feeling of being overwhelmed and worsened anxiety. I was stuck in a state of exhaustion but never able to rest. I started at 32.5mg and didn't feel it was helping me concentrate, so I went up to 50mg and still didn't feel like I was concentrating well. The worst issue I had is a much higher diastolic blood pressure - I'm talking after 4 months on Mydayis, I was 15 points higher than before I started it. Additionally, I started grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw leading my dentist to comment on some chipping of my teeth from grinding. I'm switching back to Vyvanse. Mydayis is not worth it - be careful what you wish for, I guess!"

Anonymous April 6, 2018

"This generic doesn't work at all, the peach 30mg work, but this white one is like taking nothing."

punkin1231 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2018

"Good except for the constipation."

Jaime (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2018

"When I was first prescribed this medicine over ten years ago, it was beyond fantastic. The focus and ability to accomplish task was very positive. There have been many changes in the medication. Mainly, the therapeutic effect. This medication has become a rancid excuse for treatment. It feels brutal and raw. The generics are a joke, and the lab that bought the patent, does not use the patented formula. Eon labs version had the closest therapeutic effect to the shire brand original, but not anymore. I want to complain publicly about the overall quality control on this medication. It now burns your digestive tract and causes migraine headaches, depression, weight gain, and all around misery. There's maybe a minuscule amount of therapeutic drug in the formulations now. It "feels" like some horrible, nasty, raw rat poison combined with a very slight amount of actual amphetemine. I've almost weaned myself off. They need to bring back the patented med."

CraZythat April 2, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "AHDH medications sucks.They don't treat ADHD believe me. They just delay it till the crash comes and you feel 40 times more worse.They have destroyed the lives of hundreds of people due to prolonged use. They are just street meth.Believe me I have ADHD and the best medicine I would suggest are a non-stimulants like welbutrin and strattera.If they didn't work for you then never ever use stimulants they will ruin your life. Just rely on adaptogens eg rhodiola, ginseng, good diet, exercise and meditation. If study is a problem for you then use you hyperfocus and study something that you are interested in.You may have found some good reviews about these stimulants however these people are new and they are unaware of there consequences. I have tried stimulants for 15 years so I am confident and sure about what I say."

Tom (taken for 10 years or more) March 31, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): "Quite possibly the worst medication available. To everyone whose lives it changed, try adderall or adderall xr. It will change it even better. I'm 32 and have been on 50mg of adderall xr for many years. Before that vyvnse but found I was picking at my skin. adderall xr was cutting out early in the day and my dr said try mydayis. (She also wrote me a script for adderall, probably bc she knew mydayis sucks). First day. 4 hours after taking mydayis 50 not working. 10 hours, still nothing.I had wasted my day being not productive. Whoever thought 4 hours before a medication might help you with ADHD was nuts. Or just shire trying to get a new med out there bc adderall is generic. The end of my day was when I had a complete breakdown over dinner. Sobbed for hours and felt so depressed. I tapered down my adderall to 25 mg and figured I'd give mydayis 50 another try. Nope. By 3pm complete sobfest and a in really dark place. Yeah mydayis is $3 a fill with their marketing pack...not worth it."

Pukydoo March 31, 2018

"One of the better Generics, I have used and I have been through most if not all of them. All people are different though, so what works best for me, may not be the best for anyone else. I believe it has to do with the binders ( substances which are put in the medication in addition to the active ingredient). As I said, for me, this is the 2nd best Generic I have been prescribed and I have been taking them for about 10 years."

Nick March 29, 2018