User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine (Page 2)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 879 ratings on Drugs.com. 65% of those users who reviewed Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

ADHD
8.1
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 7.3 879 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Sparkly October 23, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I’m 48 yo woman that was diagnosed with ADHD in elementary. When I began (on holiday) taking it I’m extremely fatigue/zombie the first 3 days, I am not nearly as engaged with anyone/anything around me (I talk 97% less when I’m on Adderall) and it makes me feel less cognitive. I feel like it dumbs me down. After the 3rd day I start to feel better and those “tranquilizer effects” go away. Adderall is an emotional regulator for me. It works wonders for my impulsivity, racing thoughts, fidgeting, feeling overwhelmed, anger, anxiety, zoning out, and my mouth. Yes, my mouth has always been my biggest challenge and has caused me tremendous social/professional problems. While in a perfect world I’d be on no medication, I have to recommend Adderall for anyone whose suffering from ADHD, because it has changed my overall quality of life for the best. Sparkle on beautiful people! ”

Shelly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 21, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): “I am so confused but feeling better just knowing I am not alone. I am very sensitive to any changes in medication. I have been on 10 mg twice daily for about 10 months. The pharmacy has switched generic brands multiple times. I did well on one made by Sun Industries but am not doing well on Teva. Apparently they make the name brand which I didn’t know until tonight. I would also like to know how we can change the way generics are approved. The variations are laughable and can really cause problems. I’m hesitant to switch to a different generic because what always happens is they stop making it or the pharmacy can’t get it. I requested name brand so at least it’s consistent. Any suggestions? So frustrated! Best to you all.”

hzio · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I got diagnosed with ADHD at the beginning of this school year, being my senior year of high school. Since 8th grade, I've struggled in school, been incredibly impulsive, had very strange eating habits, over-thought everything, and could never contain my anger or anxiety. Once prescribed, my life has changed. My grades went up, and in 3 months I've lost almost 30 pounds (I am still in the normal BMI range). I can control myself. I finally believe in myself because of Adderall.”

16ahj February 25, 2021

For ADHD: “Been taking adderall for years. Until the had me try a white stop sign shaped one by mallinckrodt since there was an adderall shortage at my Walgreens. mallinckrodt amphetamine/dextroamphetamine shouldn’t even be labeled as amphetamine/dextroamphetamine it should just be sold as a caffeine pill because all it does is wake you up subtlety. It doesn’t help with focus whatsoever. I’ve already filed a complaint with the FDA and recommend everyone else do the same”

Adhd doc January 7, 2021

For ADHD: “I’m a doctor with ADHD. I’ve been on the generics to cut costs during tough times but I insist on the name brand adderall. No only is it smoother it lasts longer and helps even more than the generics. It’s a shame that cost is a bearing on necessary prescriptions and that generic are so much weaker and poorer quality. Generic adderall needs to step it up they have quality issues and their recipe is somehow flawed.”

Themom September 4, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Have taken Adderall on and off for around 13 years for ADD and CFS. I was lucky enough to have tried the “real” brand Adderall by Barr laboratories. I’ve never taken over 20mg a day. This medicine has gone to TRASH.The only negative side affect from the Barr version was occasional jaw clinching. I think Teva must’ve burned the patent formula or something because it has never worked liked the Barr, not even close. So many negative side effects (migraine headaches, heartburn, nausea)! I keep hoping at some point they might magically start producing a decent version that actually helps instead of hurts. The original Barr had true therapeutic value. Eon labs produced a decent generic for a while, but BAM, it suddenly went to garbage at the end of 2018. So switched back to Teva a couple months back and it started ok( not as good as Eon but better than everything else out there), then last months refill is feeling like they’re changing to something bad too. Bring back real Adderall!”

Jay · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 6, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall XR is Life changing (positively). I went from being massively distractable and procrastinate constantly to getting things done. I'm not just referring to school work or office work. I mean just showing up on time to meet up with friends. Not getting instantly bored with family. I truly love it! --- Quick warning, take it as your doctor recommends! So much of the bad press comes from people abusing the drug. Likewise, if you're able, take a day off now and then. Perhaps on days when you don't need to work or do much. It's sort of like coffee/tea/caffeine in that sense. Fine if you do take it everyday, but probably best if you give your mind/body a rest from it now & then. Just like running or exercise, you need light or rest days each week to really get the most from the workout.”

MP · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “This medicine is god send. I have been suffering with narcolepsy for about 5 years. Had no idea what I was doing wrong that I cannot keep my eye open. I am talking about sleeping for 8-9 hours and then waking up and wanting to go back to sleep. I am a public school teacher and I had no choice but to be at work all day. That was a struggle and I was embarrassed to even tell my coworkers. This summer, so many unpleasant events happened in my life, I decided to talk to my psychiatrist about unable to concentrate and the excessive sleeping pattern. He wanted me to try adderall and bam!! I haven’t taken a nap since August . I do not have any side effects, not glittery, no overworking , nothing. Just ready to start the day and get in with my life. I usually go to bed around 9:30pm and sleeps well. I take 20 mg twice a day. But if you miss a dose, back to square one. I am religiously on a schedule and take them at the same time everyday. I am in my mid 40’s.”

kjaq August 16, 2008

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “During school I struggled with learning, despite hard work I barely graduated. By the time I reached High School I wanted to give up. As an adult I experienced the same difficulties in employment. I became depressed, almost gave up. Fortunately I was tested for ADD. Diagnosis revealed severe ADD. Within an hour of taking first dosage, my brain seemed to turn on and function at it's optimum potential. I felt truly alert, focused and clear headed. I found I could complete tasks competently. With out Adderall I'm useless. Adderall has improved my focus ability and competency in every aspect of life. It's a battery for my brain. I am dependent on Adderall for full functioning capacity. My well being and livelihood is compromised with out this medicine.”

Anonymous December 24, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I’ve been taking the generic version of Adderall for about 2 years now. I was tired all the time and couldn’t focus. I felt like a slug and when I had energy I still had brain fog, and had a hard time studying. In class, I would fidget in my chair, doodle, and listen to lectures, but nothing would stick in my head. No matter how long I studied. I was prescribed the 7.5 mg tablet once a day and just the small dose did wonders for my energy levels and let me focus and actually get things done. It helped me talk in social situations and gave me a mood boost. That being said, The generics changed a couple times. And I’m not sure, but I think I can tell a difference between them. After the pill wears off, my head aches, my legs throb, my body aches, and I’m nauseous and feel sick. I have flu like symptoms, which are miserable. It’s sad because it’s a really small dose and helps me so much but some of the side effects suck. You just gotta see what’s worth it to you.”

PROXCON February 15, 2021

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I am currently on Adderall XR 30MG, and it has changed so many different aspects of my life, including depression. I was prescribed Adderall because I was about to be terminated from my job. Back to the drug, I take it around 6am everyday, and found that my overall mood has changed. I am not as emotional as I was before, yet I am still able to express my feelings when necessary without the full breakdowns. I have been dealing with Major Depressive Disorder, and this medication has alleviated most of those feelings. However, the medication has not been a miracle drug, and it contains no magic! For me, ADD has always been there. For me, it took me to be 36 years old to finally realize it was time to visit a psychiatrist, regardless of all the negative stigmas; I was glad I did, because it gave me many suspected answers, rather than self diagnosing situations.”

2nd chance at life March 10, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful. ”

XSH92 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 24, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall has worked great for me when taken as needed. When I was in my early 20’s and taking it daily I built up a dependence that lead to terrible withdrawals as it is very addictive. (Learned the hard way and never want to go through that again!) I will usually only take this when my ADHD symptoms are unbearable and my work/personal life starts to become affected. We are talking maybe 1-4 tablets max per month. It really does help with focus and energy, and I find that one 10-20mg dose is usually enough and I feel good for several days after the dose without any withdrawals or dependence issues.”

monirowe · Taken for 10 years or more April 19, 2021

For ADHD: “I have been on and off generic Adderall for many years. Currently, I have been prescribed 30 mg twice a day. For the last couple of months, it's been a nightmare. It's been on backorder and then changed the generic name from amphetamine salts combo to amphetamine/ dextroamphetamine combo. This is only because I have had severe headaches, extreme fatigue, and a loss of motivation. My ADHD has been out of the roof. It's frustrating because I feel like I did before taking any generic Adderall. I have even been concerned that maybe I was receiving a placebo rather than the actual medication. That's probably far-fetched, but it's been such a decline for me. There is something missing from this generic form and it is the essential thing that is needed to control my ADHD. I have even gained a lot of weight over the past two months. Hopefully, something will give, I can't imagine it affecting people like this and nothing changing.”

RedFiona October 5, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “After 37 years of knowing something wasn't right with my brain, I was diagnosed with ADHD, Inattentive Type in grad school and was prescribed Adderall. Where do I start??? This medication literally changed my life. Imagine being a "gifted" kid who eventually could barely pass middle school math - that's me. After a lifetime of compensating for my "slow processing," hiding my disorganization, and pretending to be on the same page with everyone else, this explains everything. Adderall has made a NIGHT AND DAY difference in my motivation level, what I understand and follow, and even my mood/emotional reactivity. In a word, amazing. If I ever meet the people who "discovered" Adderall, I'm kissing them - my husband agrees.”

Lbone · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 25, 2020

For Fatigue: “I just tried Alvogen brand of amphetamine/dextroamphetamine this month because my pharmacy. It is absolutely awful. I feel like my body is screaming, absolutely doesn’t help with energy or attention. Just increases anxiety. And I’m extremely lethargic. I strongly recommend against them.”

Crod8309 · Taken for 10 years or more June 1, 2021

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall XR one does exactly as it supposed to do with little to no side effects for me, I've been on it a long time, and my work performance, impulsiveness, and cleanliness are all improved. I do not interrupt, and can retain things better when having a conversation, or reading. I used to talk to people and zone out thinking about 4 different things at one time, I would blurt out inappropriately, and used to live like a absolute slob. my ADHD has impacted my social life, my home life, and work life, it has helped me get my life in order, act better socially, and helps with my depression at the same time. I have no problem eating or sleeping on this med. I have a tolerance and tolerate it well.”

Gax November 15, 2020

For ADHD: “Regarding the post by DrKatz on 11/7/2020:. I too take the 20 mg salt combo- manufactured by Teva, and have been on that specific brand for two and a half years. I can definitely concur that something has changed with their product. I am on a prescription of 80 mg a day and I too noticed a difference in taste, consistency of the pill itself, and it not working as well as it used to. I am aware of a recall May 22nd by Teva for a few of their doses- the 20mg pill being one of them. Thinking placebo, I inspected the pill closely: the depression level of the imprint is different, slight change in the oblong shape, the edging* (*like the cut/side profile of floor boards) and thickness + curvature. The taste difference (bitter) I noticed in August. October back to normal but currently (Nov.) the taste changed again- however this time with a much greater chemical profile- like bactine or rubbing alcohol, more crumbly and not working as well for either my ADHD or narcolepsy.”

AFKsleeping · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 30, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “I take the regular Adderall 20mg in the morning, but do 10mg in the afternoon; along with my other prescribed stimulants since mornings are the hardest for me. I got a new prescription and after a couple days of feeling like complete rubbish and having unscheduled naps each day, I noticed it was different. After having the name brand and suddenly switching to this generic; it made sense why I suddenly felt like I could never wake up, even on 480mg of stimulants each day. Even as I write this at almost 11pm, I have felt like I can't do anything but lay down and nod off throughout the day. These generics are different and affect our quality of life. When your treatment works and suddenly you feel like you aren't even taking your medicine because of a sudden switch to a placebo-like generic is a huge problem. Where is the consistency for these medications!?”

Giant Eagle Pharmacy · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 7, 2020

For ADHD: “Recently changed pharmacies and didn't realize that there can be quite a difference between generics. For 4 years I’ve taken adderall 2x day, 10 mg. Never any problems until I switched pharmacies to save $. Elite Pharma is who makes this new one and it is NOT GOOD. I am lethargic, unable to focus, quite sleepy. It’s as if I haven’t even taken anything. Incredibly frustrating as I am not even half way through this months supply.”

Greensleaves · Taken for 10 years or more October 1, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall XR was originally prescribed to me for ADD, but it worked best as a terrific antidepressant. However, now that I've been on it for 20 straight years at 40-80 mg. Daily, it has very little antidepressant effect now. It's Adderall burnout -- apparently it strips the brain of dopamine -- the feel-good hormone. I still have to take it just to do anything at all each day. The worst effect is insomnia -- no matter how early I take it. It keeps me up for 24 hours unless I finally have to take Seroquel for sleep. Seroquel is the only thing that will knock out Adderall XR. But I hate it because it makes me so damn sluggish in the morning, awful. I cannot believe it's 2020, and there is still no decent antidep medication available,”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I am a male in my thirties. Adderall is the third drug I tried to tread ADHD after doing trials on Vyvanse and Concerta. Vyvanse worked but did not last long enough and I had bad crashing (headache, exhaustion). Concerta did not work for me at all, made me lethargic and even more distracted. Adderall at 20mg a day gives me energy to focus on work and my kids. It lasts me until sometime in the evening. I have trouble sleeping some nights on it, other than that the side effects are negligible.”

K November 20, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with a sleep disorder/excessive daytime sleepiness and my physician prescribed me Adderall. After I found the dose that worked best for me (30mg in the morning and 10-20mg in the afternoon) I felt like a new person. I usually sleep anywhere from 12-18 hours a day when I don’t have classes or work (I don’t have to force myself up on these days with 2 alarms). I can still nap but they are not nearly as long as they used to be (3-8 hours). My grades have improved and most importantly, my attendance of class has improved! I used to sleep through class, but now I can go because my body isn’t begging for sleep. Overall it is an extremely helpful drug to treat narcolepsy/excessive daytime sleepiness. I finally feel like I have my life back! My only complaint is the dry mouth I experience every so often. I also still feel rather tired some days but it is not as NEAR as torturous as it used to be. Overall, it is extremely helpful and it has changed my life for the better.”

FakeGenerics · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 3, 2020

For ADHD: “On 1/24/2020 I received Teva generic IR Adderall like I usually have for the last 7 years off and on (used to be good.) Except Barr was labeled on the bottle for the first time ever. Not sure why since Teva bought Barr in 07. Regardless it isn’t any better, by far the worst I’ve had of Teva. But every other company is pathetic. Brand works 10X better but 10X pricier. If the FDA enforced the rule of not less than 80% and no more than 125% concentrated effectiveness, that would be a first! The right MG of each dose might be regulated, but the fillers/inactive ingredients added is the big issue. 1-3 used to be in the old Barr/ Shire/ Sandoz/ Core and those worked fantastic. Every generic now has 5-8 fillers that make it less effective but also cause severe side effects. FDA could care less about small market drugs.”

IamBarry · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2021

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “My insurance company didn't want to pay for it, and I read that it has the same ingredient as Adderall. So my doc prescribed Adderall XR twice daily. It works fine for me. Use online coupons and save up to 60% of the regular price. Most doctors think if you take it twice daily then you'll have insomnia. But if you take the second dose at least 8 hours apart then you should be fine. I've taken one dose 10 hours apart and still fell asleep, and my mind was at peace. Don't suffer if you are in need of help for ADHD. And I'm not here saying this medication is bad. I just want others to know that if you can't get this med then try what I've done. Don't give up hope.”