User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine (Page 5)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 879 ratings on Drugs.com. 65% of those users who reviewed Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

ADHD
8.1
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 7.3 879 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

jenissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2014

For Fatigue: “I have dealt with depression, on and off, for most of my life. I have depression that is heavily marked by fatigue and is very resistant to SSRI's. In fact, SSRI's have never done anything at all for me. Upon switching to an every other day dose of 30mg/day of Dextroamphetamine, I found the depression subsided immediately. I was no longer fatigued at all. Of course, I have more energy on the days I take the medication, but I don't feel overly tired at all on the other days either. On this medication I am able to think clearly and deal with the normal stresses of life. I do not recommend eating before, or for several hours after, taking this. I would highly recommend it for anyone who has little to no success with SSRI's or a lot of fatigue.”

Anonymous June 7, 2019

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Went from 70mg Vyvanse to 25mg Adderall XR and I'll just say the Vyvanse was not effective for studying or focus, it made me confused, made me think too much and made me feel kind of bad. I switched to Adderall XR and I was immediately able to concentrate and focus, I was not confused anymore either. I am on 25mg now but I think 30mg may work just a little bit better, overall Adderall XR is the best thing I've ever taken for my ADHD! I also do not feel overstimulated or high from it which is a big plus because I'm a recovering opiate addict and I don't need something that is gonna make me feel like I need more.”

hiiiiiii March 21, 2021

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I've tried several ADHD meds and Mydayis has definitely been the best for me. I'm on the lowest dose and it starts working 20-30 minutes after I take it. I'm then able to be productive and direct my focus easily, compared to other meds (eg-Adderall) which gave me a burst of intense focus that I had no control over. The transitions are barely noticeable and it really helps maintain consistent energy levels. After wearing off, it's a very natural "I've worked all day and now I'm ready to relax before bed" feeling (no crash). I also noticed it significantly helps manage my depression-something no other ADHD med has done. The only downsides: (1) it does reduce my appetite a lot and (2) it only lasts about 9-10 hours on my current dose (12.5mg), but higher doses (25mg+) give me headaches. It's not perfect, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives for me. Lastly-you don't know how it'll affect you, so don't let reviews scare you away if you/your doc think it might help.”

michael santos February 19, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Many doctors seem to be convinced that if you have an AD disorder, you simply can't get high on stimulant medications. This is NOT the case at all. First off, stimulant medications in general work well... very very well. The first day I took adderall I was at school. About an hour after I took my dose of 20mgs I started to feel this awake, alert, energetic feeling inside. I liked, a lot. For the next 5 hours all of my boring subjects became very interesting and I became a very social person. After about a month, those effects started to go away. I went to the doc and asked for a dose increase. Without any hesitation, he DOUBLED my dose to 40mg. I quickly found my self abusing adderall. 1 year later and I'm now in rehab for drug abuse.”

Ben · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Started off with Adderall 5 mg IR twice daily. Overall, this is a very low dose. I have found it was more effective and safer to take it every couple of days. At least for me. I have tried 40mg and 60mg before so I am very aware of how intense it can be. If you take it every day you will end up increasing the dosage. Try to use it sparingly and try doing activities that produce dopamine naturally like exercise or walking and listening to music. This will help you feel healthier while taking it. Overall I think it is helpful but definitely feels unnatural and can't believe they give speed to children. ”

AngryLogic · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 25, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “To all the people saying this is rubbish and to use adderall XR instead, this IS adderall XR. It's literally made by the same company and contains the same ingredients. It's just a triple layer release whereas adderall XR is double layer. If you do not feel the effects of mydayis but do feel adderall XR, it's because of your own negative expectations and placebo. That's is all.”

BeenThereDoneToomuch7 March 22, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Once getting on adderall I found it gave me just enough euphoria to put down everything from alcohol to opiates, while giving me the drive and ambition to seek an engineering degree. I must warn people adderall is a stimulant, it's out of your body rather quickly (1-2 days) so addiction in the "physical withdrawal" sense is not much, although years of taking it will keep you relying on it -that's a PROMISE. Depending on the dosage you'll be severely lethargic and wind up sleeping a few days. Beware of the day's end, you'll likely need something to sleep, or relax which can cause problems. Despite the caution, you'll be a morning person and love it, just remember the word "moderation" and you'll be a new you!”

ILuv2bnp July 13, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have always known that I had ADD. However, I was in grad school, and I was studying for up to 10-12 hours a day. I found myself reading and re-reading and was having a hard time retaining information, because I couldn't stay focused. I would study for hours. Long story short, for my master's degree, I had to take practice timed test for NP boards, I failed it. My instructor told me to get tested for ADHD, and get on medications. I did, and it was the best thing I have ever done, and wish I did it sooner, it cut my studying by half, because I'm very focused. I didn't have to request extra time for my NP boards, and I passed with time to spare. I have no side effects; incr. HR, BP, I eat and exercise, and don't take it late in afternoon to avoid insomnia. I only take it when I study and not everyday. I believe it's about making the drug work for you and not let the drug control you. Medication "holidays" are great to do.”

Madison Grooters April 25, 2019

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I am diagnosed Concurrent Concussion Syndrome with ADD symptoms. I took Vyvanse for over a year and I thought I loved it, until I realized it gave me anxiety because I was trying to cram 16 hours worth of homework and chores into the short period of time the medication worked. My neurologist had me switch to taking Mydayis and I have loved it because I do not feel the “high” that vyvanse gives you, and in turn I also do not feel the medication slowing down either. Now, I still take it at 5:30am, but I can do homework or concentrate on other tasks well past 8 or 9 pm. Advantages: -long lasting -continuous feeling throughout day (no ups and downs) Disadvantages: -makes me not feel hungry -loss of appetite can make low blood sugar hit me all at once if I forget to eat -if I sleep in on the weekends I can’t take it because it will last too long Hope my experience helps! I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for longer lasting stimulants, but I know that everyone reacts to things differently so it might not work for you”

Defamous · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 8, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “If it wasn’t for Adderall I would be a basket case no questions asked. I'm 55 been on it since 2014 on an everyday basis. I'll take a day off every so often, but it's a rare occasion. My Blood Pressure is 122/74- pulse 64 when moving around normally. Resting my BP is lower along with the pulse rate. If you are relatively healthy heart wise no problems. I know one guy who's pushing 76 years old and he's still taking his prescribed dosage.”

Drkatzjr27 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 1, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall (Amphetamine) will seem fantastic the first time it is prescribed. But as the years go by, and tolerance increases, you will need more. It also down regulates dopamine in the brain (which eventually means that it has been associated with dopamine depletion in the strital area of the brain and frontal cortex) Dopamine effects pleasure. When it becomes low (the brain will compensate by lowering dopamine when taking Amphetamine, because Adderall increases it) When this happens you will need to continue taking it or you may experience what is called anhedonia (Look that up) This is a very dangerous drug that can permanently change brain chemistry”

lady Ironworker April 1, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Fatigue: “I just started Adderal 20mg about a week now. Before I was on 10 mg, not extended release, just tabs for (2) months. I'm always so tired. The higher dose helps me stay awake and function through my days. Glad something works, so far no side effects noted.”

chaparra August 4, 2008

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): “I have found that as a 8 year drug addict to painkillers I was able to focus on staying off my drug of choice by taking Adderall. I believe it has helped me stay clean and off all painkillers for 1 year now. ”

Years later - finally realizing potential. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I floated through high school, got honors and graduated a year early. Did the same through a state college, even though I was accepted to Ivy leagues with scholarships. I chose the easy route as I hated books, and never read anything, despite being able to pass with a bachelors in college and honors in HS just on auditory lecture learning, I was scared to challenge myself. Went to nursing school 10 years ago and failed out. Then I tried again on Adderall - Out of a class of 140, I'm #1. Everything I read I absorb. I can NOW focus. Everything's wired tight and each day I am limitless on what I can learn. I feel music. I'm in touch with everything. I thank everyday I'm on it.”

Fogwalker August 19, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “Adderral has given me some of my life back. I can tell you this for certain. Without it I was lost and on the brink of suicide. Now I can be a father, husband and most important a normal human being again! I take 20 mg, 3xs a day. It is still not enough to keep me from napping twice a day before 5pm, but it helps. I still feel as if I’m in a fog for most of my morning and afternoon, but at least I'm not worried of crashing my car or falling asleep on the job. Personally I have not suffered side effects. My blood pressure is very good, I don’t get jitters, and the medicine actually calms me tremendously. Without it I was simply a mess! If you even think you may suffer from Narcolepsy, take this medicine. I can’t say that enough. Take it, and find some happiness again!”

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have suffered my entire life with ADD. For a while Adderal helped. Then as I turned 49 it seemed to make me more anxious, irritable, short tempered, and I had No patience for stupidity! Upon trying the Mydayis, I was immediately impressed. I was finishing projects. Getting things done right! Able to focus for longer durations of time. Long enough to complete tasks at hand. I feel so much better.”

Kris · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2021

For ADHD: “I have received my second refill of generic Adderall XR 20 mg made by Mallinckrodt and I am extremely unhappy with it. It is not at all effective. I have been on the non-generic Adderall XR for years without issue.”

Sof · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I knew I struggled with ADD in college but refused to go on medication because of the stigma associated with Adderall. My father has ADD as well and refused medications. Now at 56 he is homeless, can't hold down a job, can't control his finances, health, or any responsibilities. When I graduated college and started my full-time job I realized that I was heading towards the same path as my pops. I love my job and am very passionate about it, but following instructions or staying on task during an 8 hour work day was IMPOSSIBLE. 5mg of XR/day (2x on my v. busy days) saved my job and life! I feel like I finally have a clutch to support me with my disability now. It has improved every aspect of my life: social, financial, academic, etc.”

local 731 nyc January 8, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Hi everyone. I am 25 years old married with a 6 month old son. I was diagnosed with severe ADHD at the age of about 10...I'm talking horrible behavior, bad grades, constant moving, etc. my mother told the doctors no medicine at that age. Then around 12 my mother caved in and gave me the adderall, I hated bc of the instant side effects for me. I continued to take it until about 14 and I made a 100% improvement. At 14 I learned to cope with the ADHD on my own. But now 11 years later in the real world with many stresses, my ADHD had gotten worse then ever, to the point that my wife wanted to leave me because she couldn't handle it. I got my prescription back and my life is amazing.. 30mg IR 3x a day 1 in a.m 1 after lunch 1 on way home from work.”

Anonymous April 21, 2008

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have been taking Adderal for 2 years now (3 of the 30mg tablets a day). It's a great way to get your work done in school and anything else you may need motivation to do. It also makes me more social and interesed in things I wouldn't normally be interested in. The bad thing about it is that if you go even one day without it you eat 3 times more than you usually would and you feel irritable and agitated. overall- coudlnt live without it”

Drkatzjr27 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 12, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “The efficacy of Adderall in any condition that you take it over is dependent upon the quality of the generic brand that your pharmacy carries. Although a pharmacist will not want to tell you this, a generic product can vary plus or -20% variation from the brand-name drug. This was A result of the Hatch-Waxman Act. Moreover, and most disturbingly, only the generic company itself knows The results that they conducted and required for a generic manufacturer to manufacturer a generic drug require Bioequivalency testing. However, they, and I emphasize "They" because it is only the generic company itself that conducts the test and knows the results besides the FDA. Only the generic firm and the FDA knows the exact test results. Research different generic reviews, because this makes all the difference in your experience with generic Adderall IR”

Me March 12, 2021

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I took Mydayis 37.5 mg for 2 years. I just recently ran out and decided to wait a week to refill. I cannot believe the change in myself! While on it I became withdrawn and too focused on 1 specific thing. I cut out people and ruined my small business. I didn't feel human! I can't explain the feeling but now that I haven't taken it in a week I feel like myself again! I was just flesh living day by day on mydayis! I will NEVER touch it again! Please tell me there's others out there with similar experiences”

Jwright7784 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Was placed Adderall XR 20mg once a day. The first month was fantastic. I could think. I had bounds of physical energy. My mood was elevated. I had problems starting with the second month. The positive effects were no longer there and the negative ones were enhanced. I did some research and found out it was an issue with the brand. Not all generics are the same despite what everyone is told. I got Actavis brand. I found out that not only are generics allowed to differ in potency by 60-120% (40 less potent than some or 20% more potent than some) but Actavis was allowed to use its own proprietary formulation. If you are put on Adderall XR or IR be cautious about what generic you get. Some work way better than others.”

Joe King July 6, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have ran the gauntlet of ADD meds, starting with Concerta then tried Vyvance which worked well in the beginning, then my Dr switched to Adderall XR, then to I R, which works best for me I take 20mg twice a day definitely helps with non stop thinking, racing thoughts, and just simply getting motivated. I have been on the IR for about a year and the highs are finally outweighing the lows. 39 years old and can see light at the end of the tunnel.”

TiffieD · Taken for 10 years or more April 22, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I am 51, and have been on Adderall for 15 years. I take 20mg twice a day. It helps me concentrate, and stay focused. I skip taking it for one day every week, this helps me see where the Adderall helps in my life, and was suggested by my doctor to help my body not build a tolerance to Adderall. At this time I personally don't believe Adderall is "addicting", when taken properly. While on vacation, I went a week without it, and never felt any withdrawal's​ from the Adderall. I keep my Adderall, and other med's in a metal lock box, that locks onto a shelf in my fridge, because people do abuse Adderall.”