User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine (Page 4)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 879 ratings on Drugs.com. 65% of those users who reviewed Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

ADHD
8.1
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 7.3 879 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Mara S. December 15, 2015

For Fatigue: “Please be careful with this drug -- it is incredibly easy to abuse/get addicted to. However, chronic fatigue (CFS) has next to no treatments/cures, so my doctor started me on Adderall (instant release, 20mg) 2 years ago. (Note: I have never increased my dose and probably never will.) CFS can make you feel like a useless b/c you're so tired you feel useless to society. You feel like your life slips away from you slowly and you start to blame yourself and become depressed b/c of it. Adderall helps me to live and actually enjoy my life. I think we all deserve that much. Side effects for me are mild but: slight social awkwardness, decreased appetite, unstable blood sugar, fast heart beat, some anxiety, dry eyes. Still worth it for me.”

LaurenNikki April 1, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall is effective, but it comes with consequences. Both to your physical and mental health. I am 27 years old, I have taken Adderall on and off for about 10 years. Started it my freshman year of college. It was AMAZING at first! Lost that freshman 15, got straight A's, actually ENJOYED my work. Then I started noticing the crash symptoms. Tired, withdrawn, emotionless, sleepless. I stopped taking it because I hated the way it made me feel, but I realized how much more productive I am when taking it. When I start taking it again my immune system is shot, I'm constantly sick with something, I get super irritable. When I don't take it I can barely get out of bed and I always gain weight, which always sucks. It's a vicious cycle.”

nepeta · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 4, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “My grades instantly went from the 60s and 70s to 90s and 100s and for once I felt like I had control over my life. The side effects were pretty bad and inconsistent though, so I had to go from 20 to 15 mg.”

Huggerbabe2007 December 13, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I finally got diagnosed when I was 40. I was in college and just couldn't focus or comprehend my classes. I thought there was something wrong my head. I've been abused for a very long time. I went to my counsellor and suggested I get tested for ADHD. I was very relieved it wasn't head problems. I was diagnosed with ADHD. I suffered 40 years with all the symptoms but never thought about ADHD. When I was put on Adderall I couldn't believe the difference. My grade point was 3.67. I was very proud of myself. I've been taking it ever since. 30mg twice a day. People can tell when I'm not on it, big difference. My insurance didn't cover it. So I was paying over $200 My insurance started paying last yr. THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY.”

Jame · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 10, 2020

For ADHD: “My concern in taking generic Adderall IR for several years is the effect is has on my heart When I take it, at the prescribed dose, I most always have sinus tachycardia (a heart rate above 100 beats per minute) I also have noticed that it effects bladder emptying....and my urinary stream seems slower (and I am fairly young) and I am not usually able to completely empty my bladder.”

Mab · Taken for 10 years or more October 11, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “The Adderal dose my doctor prescribed didn't seem to work that great(20 mg twice a day) One day I had it after my oatmeal and it was more effective so after that I just scrunched up the pill like I did with oatmeal, but I didn't put it on anything. I just took it like that. Works great! Much more motivation to get tasks done so I can finish more! Maybe you could try that if it sees not enough to work. I use Sandoz.”

AK4747 July 23, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I absolutely love Addreall. It helps me to complete my tasks and I have no problem skipping it when I don't have any projects or paper work to do. I don't ever think about it when I skip it. I believe it is a very great medicine for someone who is having a difficulty to focus on one task. Adderall has a bad reputation only because people abuse it. If you overeat, overdo or overtake anything - it will cause harm to your body. So it's not a surprise some people are getting addicted to Adderall. You have to UNDERSTAND why do you need it and why are you taking it. If you don't abuse it, if you take prescribed amount per day and if you skip it on weekends or whenever, you will be perfectly fine and it will serve you well.”

Jwright7784 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “Adderall works exceptionally well for me with one caveat. Don't believe for one bit that all generics are the same. Before filling your script call around and find out which brands the pharmacies carry. If it's Mallinckrodt find another pharmacy to fill at. I can take any brand of Adderall and it works for me without many side effects EXCEPT Mallinckrodt. I don't know what they do to their pills but they make me sick. They give me a severe headache, extreme nausea and abdominal pain. If you look online you will see that other people report the same. So shop around for something other than Mallinckrodt. Good luck.”

amphetamint · Taken for 10 years or more April 29, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Such an amazing contribution to the pharmaceutical world. So much better than its ugly step sisters, such as Ritalin and Vyvanse. Adderall steals the show every time. 30mg/day does the trick. Been on it for 12 years, I've taken personal breaks for tolerance. I've never had any type of "withdrawal" or "come downs" at the end of the day. This drug has the ability to put me to sleep when I take it, honestly; and that's because my dissociation (caused by my ADHD) causes my anxiety to skyrocket. But when I take my adderall, I am able to focus on reality, making my anxiety disappear for a few hours. Calms me down. Relief is a blessing.”

SuccessStory · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 17, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I had unknowingly suffered from ADHD-PI for my entire life. I was constantly in trouble for losing my things, not paying attention in class, forgetting conversations, being unable to understand conversations, so on and so forth. My life was a wreck. My parents constantly told me that I was lazy and worthless. After I joined the military, I was diagnosed with ADHD and Adderall was the first and only medication that I was put on. I went from being the clumsy loser to the office hero. I recently started college and so far, I'm getting straight A's. This medication makes me cool, logical and focused. I took off a star because it makes me forget to eat sometimes and that makes me tired.”

Kay February 8, 2021

For ADHD: “I’ve taken TEVA adderall 20 mg IR for the past 2+ years. It worked greatly for my ADD & as an anti-depressant. HOWEVER, it has changed! Starting July 2020, the TEVA tablet was completely different. It was no longer sweet, the consistency was harder & the efficacy was compromised. I can take it & fall asleep hours later & there is ZERO anti-depressant effect. In fact, it deepens my depression. I will submit a report to the FDA & I encourage everyone else to. Also, please research the complaints of TEVAs other generics. I’m not sure what to try next. I tried the Sandoz and it was actually worse. I received the hideous Zydus once-which gave me a migraine & intensely aching back.I believe it’s manufactured out of this country. This experience has made me question ALL generic medications. Please start researching yours & refuse to take these. I tried switching to name brands but my ins. refuses to pay.”

Thinkbetter April 4, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “When I was in grade school I had a real hard time learning. I could not pay attention in class. My mind was always wandering. I was always daydreaming and looking out the windows, I could not retain any information. I was forgetful and bored. My grades were always C's and D's no matter how hard I tried. I was always fidgety, had a hard time sitting still, always twirling my hair or shaking my legs or feet. I hated school, I felt so dumb. As I got into high school I was so far behind I gave up trying. When I started driving I would go through red lights, stop signs etc. I was just daydreaming all the time. I kept losing my car keys, my glasses, forgetting where I put them. I am out of space, but Adderal saved my life! I am 59. No side effects”

Dexter · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 23, 2020

For ADHD: “The last 9 months generic “Zydus” was the only brand of amphetamine/dextroamphetamine available in my area. I noticed pretty nasty side effects beginning 45 minutes after consumption. I’ve never felt depression so severely before taking Zydus. Teva/Barr has returned. Felt a night and day difference the first day. Hope Zydus gets banned for the safety of us all.”

Aalia January 3, 2021

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I've only been taking it for 3 days but I can understand now when people say they feel it running in the background. So far no side effects other than appetite loss. I do feel energy from this but not like Adderall there's no anxiety tied to the energy its more like motivation than energy. One thing I've noticed is I like to always be doing something that is productive in some way. It's not the type of energy you get and use to dance or workout you feel driven to get things done. It last for the whole 16 hours which surprised me I'm an ultra rapid metabolizer. I have no crash on this like I did with Adderall. I'm just waiting for my period now to see how the cramps are and giving the medicine more time to see if I do have any side effects, so far none but no appetite.”

Margie · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I will never give this to my child again!, I know all children are different but I'm sticking with Dyanavel XR. While he was on Adderall he was acting angry and violent, like he was on some kind of illegal drug, his facial expressions were intense, and he could not sit still, and was very emotional. so I have to give this a 1 star on my personal experience and my son's”

jaime_a92 April 2, 2008

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) immediate release has greatly (95%) improved my symptoms of ADHD including concentration, focus, memory, attention span, retention of imformation, and to some extent my energy and grades. It's a very strong stimulant so it does have temporary side effects, most will go away in two-four weeks like euphoria, anxiety, and teeth grinding but the dry mouth and insomnia if taken late will not subside for months, but it has helped me A LOT.”

Lane August 6, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have been taking Mydayis/25mg for 2 months, and I have experienced ZERO negative side effects. I was previously prescribed Adderall XR & IR and Vyvanse. Those medications were somewhat effective; however, they came with a lot of side effects (loss of appetite, moodiness, insomnia, heart palpitations, dry mouth, dry skin and anxiousness). The best thing about Mydayis is the way in which it feels "natural," and the way it steadily tapers off throughout the day. With previous medications, I could actually feel the effects coming and going and I would get these sensations of feeling "high." With Mydayis, I never actually FEEL the medication taking effect, but I can tell a HUGE difference in my performance, mood and ability to focus. I even feel relaxed, as if my mind can finally make sense of racing thoughts and feelings. I usually take my medication around 8 AM and I am easily able to fall asleep by 11 PM. With Mydayis, My Day Is manageable!”

Jarbles · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2020

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Game changer. First DX by A pdoc: ADHD. What, no? Yes. I felt like I was only working with one puzzle piece and finding out about ADHD was like being given the other 999 pieces. At first Adderall IR didn’t seem to do much but I slowly realized it was like putting emotional and mental blinders on where I could see the rest of the world but mainly focus on the task at hand. Job saver for sure. Since I have a high tolerance to meds XR saved me from constantly trying to remember to take next dose when I started crashing. Tops.”

Anonymous January 28, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have been taking it for several years. There was a time about a year ago when all the Pharmacies could not get any and I went about a month without. Being a Service Advisor, I deal with a lot of numbers (Vin, License Plates, etc.). After a few days without, I started reversing a lot of the numbers. I would see the correct order but would say out loud or write down a reversed version. I had to go slower and double check what I had written. A positive side effect is it gets me off the couch on the day(s) I have off and motivates me to get stuff done around the house that needs to be done. It kept me up at night at first, but after awhile, I learned not to take it too late in the day. I would recommend it to anyone who has ADHD. ”

AwakeWill April 14, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “It makes a huge difference in my day! I hate having to take something everyday to stay awake and alert but better then living in the fog I was in the past 8 years of my life (6 of which I didn't even notice they were side effects of something bigger haha.) Things you may notice while taking Adderall with narcolepsy, 1.You are stop being a shut in 2. You actually start calling your friends to do something instead of getting harassed till you finally cave and do something. 3. You're better at work and all of a sudden care about your job. 4. You are grinding your jaw. 5. Stop grinding your jaw. and finally 6. Work with your doctor for the right dosage! There will be a bit of dancing between cracked out and half asleep till you find it.”

Courtpie447 March 3, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I suffer from a fairly severe case of ADHD, and take 30 mg Adderall XR daily. Having been on this medication for quite a few years now and taking an almost 7 month break from Adderall, I've gained a better understanding of myself both on and off the drug. Adderall gives me a balance in every sense of the word. It helps me regulate my emotions, gives me the focus I lack, and allows me to feel whole inside. I also feel that it helps me with connecting to others. With impulsivity as a main symptom of my ADHD and one that gets me in a lot of trouble, Adderall helps me to be more mindful when I am communicating myself to the people that I care about. Aside from the mild appetite suppression, this drug really does wonders for people like me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 22, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I stopped taking this medication 6 years ago because I built up a tolerance to it. But, it seriously was the best thing to ever happen to me. I've always had untreated ADHD and when I finally received treatment, I flourished. Now, after 6 years I am giving it a try again. So far it's working great. The two things I don't like about Adderall is that I talk WAY too much, share WAY too much information. In fact, I call up family members and talk to them to death.I had to write myself a note and tape it to the phone to not call or text anyone! And the second thing is the comedown, by the time the medication wears off, I am drained!”

lwk9400 · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world.”

Bonnie B February 9, 2021

For ADHD: “ALVOGEN INC has got me all messed up. I've taken ADHD meds since 1st grade and I'm 32 now so I'm very confident in my ability to distinguish between generics that work & don't and why. For the past 4 years I've used the same CVS location to fill my Adderall tab 30mg generic the past two times though I received a pill that looked different thinking okay whatever this happens from time to time it is just a different manufacturer no big deal. I was wrong. I have had insanely high blood pressure increases, trouble sleeping, hardly any focus, SEVERE anxiety like where is feel like I can't breathe suddenly especially when I try to sleep, shaky hands, VERY noticeable heart palpitations, diarrhea, headaches and weird emotional ups & downs. I've been vegan for 3 months now at first I was seeing a steady decrease in blood pressure but as soon as I started taking this new generic I'm topping out at 161/111 at the doctor a few days ago which is just absolutely bonkers and terrifying”

Frank TheHuman Sambrick · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 22, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I was first diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 6. My parents at the time decided against treating my illness with any form of medication. This was in the mid-90s during a time where ADHD and ADHD medications were very controversial. This led to self-medicating with prescription opioids throughout my teens and early twenties. It wasn't until several psychiatrists continued to stress the importance of treating my ADHD that I finally decided to try the Adderall. And I can proudly say that it changed my life and saved me from a serious drug addiction. I'm now in my third year of school studying psychopharmacology. Thank you Adderall.”