User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine (Page 3)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 879 ratings on Drugs.com. 65% of those users who reviewed Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

ADHD
8.1
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 7.3 879 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

ponyboy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 7, 2020

For ADHD: “Since the shortage for about 3 months I've been taking generic Zydus 20mg. How do these drugs pass inspection? I think a couple pixie sticks would work better. I wonder if generic adderall from any manufacturer will ever get better. I think charging over $5.00 for this rubbish should be criminal.”

JD12 · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 11, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “This drug is one of the greatest formulas of all time. I went from down and depressed and unmotivated to organized and focused. Also from relatively poor to rich due the effect it had on me with my enthusiasm for work”

DrKatz November 7, 2020

For ADHD: “I have always used Teva Adderall IR because I have had horrible experiences with other generic, including inconsistency and lack of potency. Understand that I have taken Teva Adderall 20MG tablets over five years, thus it would less difficult for someone like me to detect subtle changes in its effects. I have noticed the following, and this started around September 2020. Teva generic Adderall tablets seem (and this is very subtle) smaller in size. Second: Teva is known for its slight sweet taste. It is almost as if that is completely gone... I’m certainly not saying that added anything to it, but I’m saying it’s an indicator of some sort of formula change. Finally, although the 20MG tablet is small, it used to be easy to half the tablet. Recently they just crumble. To summarize, I have also noted a very marked decrease in efficacy.”

Anonymous1989 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2019

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have had ADD my entire life (I'm 30), starting treatment with dexedrine in kindergarten. I've tried literally every ADD drug there is except Zenzedi and Desoxyn (methamphetamine HCL). I've even tried modafinil. Chemically Vyvanse, dexedrine, and Zenzedi are the same with just different absorption. Adderall is 80% dexedrine with 20% levoamphetamine, which is more physically stimulating than dextroamphetamine. If you are like me, hate stimulants because of the crash at night and morning exhaustion, I need a drug that lasts all day and is smooth then consider Mydayis. I only wrote this to help anyone who's considering Mydayis. I would never waste my time helping any pharm company with a review. Mydayis is unique and different from Adderall and the other dextroamphetamine stimulants because it has amphetamine in addition to other dex salts. Give it a try... If you have trouble with insomnia from taking it then your dose is too high!! Just drop it. Good luck”

jjhoff · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 10, 2020

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “I was switched to Adderall but after 2 years switched to Ritalin. Adderall seems to open up parts of your brain best left closed. I started to see a 12 year old boy in the yard during the day he would be gone when I went to talk with him. My neighbors told me that in the 1970s he died here. You have to watch the dosage”

HEZ · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 6, 2021

For ADHD: “I have been on Adderall for several years and the Sandoz brand is TOXIC and HORRIBLE! At first it is like a sugar pill no effect and then dizziness, headache, feeling more confused, spaced out and mind blank, extreme fatigue. I can't believe this is on the market. FDA honestly needs to step up their game and monitor the generics. It is a up and down roller coaster with different manufactures each month. This is insane. They are robbing us blind in the pharmaceutical business. They give us something toxic or a placebo. What is happening to the medications now. Please do not take the Sandoz. Read the court documents about reviews on them and they came from the company. Making themselves sound great as a pretend customer!! I can not believe how bad this medication from this manufacture is.”

Adhd doc January 7, 2021

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “The adderall name brand is 2-3 times better than generic adderall XR. The FDA should be inspecting these generic companies and make sure they are getting as high of quality ingredients. I urge anyone in generics to try real adderall for a month then decided for yourself. Decide to report the generics because we should be able to get a cheaper still 90$ for generic compared to $220+ for name brand.”

M May 7, 2021

For ADHD: “My doctor recently called in my Adderall XR prescription to Kroger. I had to get generic because I currently don’t have insurance. As soon as I took this medication, I knew something was off. I felt incredibly tired, like I just wanted to get back in bed. This generic that Kroger gave me is manufactured by a company called Lannett. It’s HORRIBLE. I’m now trying to find a pharmacy that supplies a generic made by a company called Prasco. Apparently it’s supposed to be very good. I think that Walgreens has Teva (which is great) but it’s super expensive”

Worse drug brand Teva · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “I have been on D-Amphetamine Salt Combo, 30mg a day for a few months for narcolepsy and actually did great. But I recently picked up another prescription and noticed this brand is called Teva generic brand. I have noticed for 2 weeks I have became irritated, forgetting easily in what I was looking for or talking about, aggressive outbursts, stomach pain, migraines, generalist not feeling good on this brand. I will be complaining over this!”

Samanthaa98 May 6, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have been diagnosed with ADD . I have always pushed myself to get good grades and to take as many AP and honors classes as I can handle. I enjoy learning about new things; however, my lack of focus got in the way of my learning. It bothers me when people say ADD/ADHD is made up. I know that people who don't have this disorder can't truly understand what it's like. Without adderall my mind is foggy and I can't take the fog away to learn about the things that I love. All my friends know that I have a strong passion for physics and astronomy, but it's very hard for me to pick up a book without forgetting most of what I read after I finished it. On adderall I feel like the fog fades always and my mind is like a clear sunny day. Oh how I wish that I didn't have to take this every day and just naturally be as focused. I am just an 18 year old who is trying to pursue her dreams, but without this medication I'm not sure how I can get through college to learn what I love. I can now look through my telescope at the stars without the clouds getting in the way.”

pKdub · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 19, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Adderall has totally brought my life into focus. I started taking it about 6 months ago I'm 39 now and really wish I had this medicine as a kid. In addition to ADD I had severe anxiety and depression as a child/teenager. Adderall has given me focus, lifted my general mood, taken my anxiety away and made me a productive human being. I'm actually starting my own business! The only bad thing is that you really have to be careful of how much you take because it can have the opposite effect i.e. severe anxiety and no focus but if you take it the right way it will change your life! One other bad thing is the stigma surrounding the medicine and being treated like an addict by some pharmacists.”

sTAR kID 99%er September 11, 2019

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “So, I have had ADHD since I was like young. I never liked the pills they gave me when I was younger because I was already a thin kid and then taking Adderall I would eat even less. So I stopped taking the medication. When I was taking this medication I got most improved student! I went without the drug for years, until just about 2 years ago I started taking it again and It has helped me so much! I am very thankful for this drug. I suffer from fatigue , and many, many other problems. This drug is one of many I NEED, To Think Straight and to not get outta control. It also helps me BIG TIME with my anger issues. Hope this helps someone! Star Kid Is OUT!”

won2bfree July 27, 2009

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “This may be a little long so I hope you took your medicines today, LOL. this is my 3rd month on Adderall and it is absolutely a miracle drug for me. I have suffered with extreme fatigue and excessive sleepiness since I was a teenager, I'm 38 now. My doctors have tried me on everything from sleeping pills, to antidepressants, nothing worked. A friend suggested Adderall, I researched it, talked to my doctor about it and we tried Provigil first, which did help, but I was still falling asleep driving, reading, etc. Switched to Adderall. I was so happy I nearly cried when I was telling my doctor how much better I feel. I wish I would have tried this years ago.”

Seester · Taken for 10 years or more July 8, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “All the generics ate horrible. Teva who acquired barr has not improved. The brand is teva- generic does not work. I want something comparable to original Barr. I'm struggling and drowning back into depression - generics are not the same. FDA doing nothing to help all of us that ate struggling”

Tizzle September 29, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Been on Adderall for 5 years now, 15mg twice daily. Started on 10mg 2x daily but the lower doses are associated with aggressive behaviors. Is it a flawless savior? Do I still struggle at times with ADHD? Absolutely! Medications, i.e. insulin, all have side effects. As a patient, you must ask yourself if the side effects outweigh the benefits. I refused treatment until age 32 which has been beneficial to my physical health. If you are at the mercy of ADHD, I strongly advise you to use some of the new apps with or without meds. Daily for the 1st 3 weeks is simply miraculous. Lastly, the world or your coworkers don't need to know about your diagnosis. ADHD is still stigmatized as a disorder that only stupid people have. My 1st RN job I was viciously bullied once word got out about my ADHD!! By my fellow RNs!! Now I make more than a Nurse Practitioner!! #Strength”

Jenjen · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 14, 2019

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I was put on Mydayis and for six months I absolutely loved it, it worked so well. At the time I had a coupon so after the coupon expired and even with insurance is way too expensive every month so had to switch. I would’ve been on loyal customer to, but Mydayis is just way way too expensive! I don’t understand why you make a drug and it works for people and every day people can’t afford it. Even with insurance.”

Sam A · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Fatigue: “I have been through about all anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, and anti-psychotics for my severe treatment-resistant depression and this medicineamphetamine/dextroamphetamine has saved me. Honestly, I have horrible anxiety as well. I have Chronic PTSD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. This medicine calms my nerves as well. I can actually take naps during the day now when I need to instead of not being able to rest. It helps my impulsiveness from my Bipolar Disorder that is included in my Schizoaffective diagnosis. I may have to deal with the hallucinations but this medicine is the only medicine that works for me in the most positive way. For me, it has way less severe side effects than any medicine I have tried. It mainly helps with my energy levels which helps my depression because I feel more useful I also am more social which helps my confidence. The only thing I struggle with is the lack of appetite and it seems like water goes right through me. But, It is definitely a life saver for me. <3”

Thankful OldGuy · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 20, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have been taking Adderall for two years and it has probably saved my life. I had been misdiagnosed as bi-polar with no co-morbid ADHD, and was prescribed benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. I eventually became suicidal when Abilify was added,and was lucky enough to have a moment of clarity and changed doctors and hospital affiliates. The week I was started on ADHD meds, I started to become the person I should be. I only wish I could have been diagnosed as a child, I feel I missed half my education. I can now focus all day, keep a train of thought long enough to finish mundane to complex tasks, and have written and recorded an album of music that had been completed but in disarray. No side effects, no weight loss or changes in eating habits.”

the kid902 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 8, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I was 23 when I was diagnosed with ADHD. Started Adderall, I take 30 mg of SR a day and the difference is phenomenal! I get up with ease because I know I can tackle all tasks with astounding motivation and actually enjoy doing tedious work. I am co-morbid with anxiety, rumination, and I was highly neurotic. I found myself aggressive, quick tempered, and easily abusing marijuana and alcohol. This all changed with Adderall, I am rational, reflect on situations in a positive light, and generally just a more helpful and kind person. Adderall completely saved my professional and personal life. Side note, it can cause erectile dysfunction but it will go away after your body is used to the cycle.”

MajjicHanz · Taken for 10 years or more August 25, 2020

For ADHD: “I have taken both Adderall and its generic(amphetamine/dextroamphetamine) for over 16 years for my Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. I have found that the original Adderall has the best effectiveness and in these last 4 tears Teva [still oval, peach/orange color] working the best for my A.D.D. Pills made by Mallinkrodt I only get by mistake, and still act like a placebo in May 2020. Dose: 20mg. X 2 daily.”

EJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 19, 2021

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I’ve been in this medication for almost a year . And it change my life in good way. Made me focus on my goals and I want to achieve and increased my motivation to become better person also balance my mood and decreased my depression.”

Teecram · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 4, 2020

For ADHD: “Picked up amphetamine with dextroamphetamine medicine 1/24/20, bottle said Barr brand? But Teva tabs were inside. Teva bought Barr in 07. Before Teva bought out multiple companies and started using their ingredients within the last 2-3 years, they were great. Sandoz and Corepharma have been the only other decent makers, before they were bought out. I haven’t noticed a thing from picking these up 1/24. The worst medicine I’ve had from Teva in 8 years.”

KnowledgeIsTheTruth · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2021

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have suffered with ADHD since I was a young kid, I got diagnosed at the youngest age possible and I never got any help for it by my old doctor. With my new doctor, he gave me Adderall XR to start out with 10 and than up it to 20 within a week if not effective. I am on 20 MG now and it has changed my life, I failed school and life because I couldn't pay attention and now not only can I pay attention but this has also helped as my ADHD had caused Depression/Anxiety also OCD.”

Max April 25, 2021

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Just started taking adderall XR 10mg after learning I had been mis-diagnosed for 15+ years as either bi-polar, major depressive disorder and social anxiety. I finally found a psychiatrist that really dug deep and concluded I was not bi polar but I suffered from adult ADHD (33 year old male). It makes total sense as I read more about ADHD. I had been on every possible anti-depressant, anti psychotic MDD etc and was just done with meds. I was diagnosed as a child and teen but thought “ I’d grow out of it” and apparently never did it just got worse. I feel that so many people are mis-diagnosed it’s almost unbelievable. My theory and the doctor also said that if you take the medication and it calms you and your racing thoughts that that’s a tell tail sign that you do indeed suffer from ADHD, it’s not just a childhood/school era problem, it disrupts your life, marriage everything. I’m on day 2 and it’s like a light switch has been turned on and I can relax and not be manic.”

3dprinterguy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I take 20mg Adderall XR daily for ADHD. I feel extremely productive, focused, and proactive while on it. My first day taking it, I usually am a normal eater, I could only eat a sandwich bag of pretzels before losing any appetite. That night, despite eating almost nothing, I biked 21 miles (my standard biking route), without stopping, in record time, without even feeling exhausted. Now, each day I take it, i feel very intelligent and concentrated, and come up with ideas easily, as well as feeling great all of the time. In my opinion, Adderall is the greatest thing to grace humankind, and I would suggest it to anybody who has difficulty focusing, especially if you are overweight. I lost 25 lbs in my first 3 months taking it, though.”