User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Vyvanse Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Vyvanse to treat ADHD

"I have ADHD plus anxiety. I was diagnosed 20 years ago. I've always had difficulties in school, work and life because of this. I've been on Ritalin, adderall, strattera (awful med) plus 30 or more anti-deppressants, anxiety meds, seems anything from A-Z. I started 20m vyvanse month ago. 1st 6 days okay...had headaches. Then came irritability, paranoia, crying, scared, ALL negative. Concentrated to hard, more mistakes at work. I purposely dumped it in the sink. Only positive: 1-3 hours of energy. Doc switched me to Metadate CD. After 3 days, the fog began to lift and no side effects. I'm sorry I wasted $50. But that's life and today I'm good."

dolfinluv September 24, 2016

"Overall, in my experiences I have learned that in terms of extremes... the Methylphenidates will turn you into an emotionless robot, hollow inside, socially avoidant person unable to experience life's pleasures. Nothing makes you happy, but at the same time, nothing can make you sad. Whereas with the Amphetamines (like Adderall and lesser extent Vyvanse) you become an extremely emotional, almost volatile, person who can experience pleasures in an extreme way. You get so overjoyed by the little things but the smallest of pet peeves can really set you off. Vyvanse has been the best one for me. Just be aware of how you are treating those you love especially several months after starting. You may need a secondary med to balance mood."

Ridog (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 20, 2016

"I started on the medication and it worked fine. A month later if i didn't take it i would get huge mood swings and usually start crying about everything. in those mood swings i usually felt like i was worthless and couldn't do any thing right."

still hungry (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

"I was on Vyvanse for ADD. I started off at 30mg and enjoyed the ability to better focus my attention on tasks and it worked as an appetite suppressant. I increased it to 50mg and that is when my eyes started to become blurry. I decreased it back down to 30mg and I still had blurry eyes at times so I discontinued using the medicine. While using the medicine, I took my Vyvanse in the morning early and then 50mg of Zoloft in the early afternoon. If I took both pills at the same time in the morning I become agitated and felt like EVERYTHING was important and found it hard to concentrate. It was a really weird rush of emotions. If it doesn’t make your eyes blurry or make you agitated this is an awesome drug. It started working within a week."

Auz2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

"I feel that I have had ADHD all my life, but I was only officially diagnosed when I was 17. I have been on Vyvanse for close to 6 years now and I can say that in the beginning it worked just how I hoped it would. It gave me energy and the ability to focus and get things done that I needed to. I started off on one 30 mg pill a day but I feel that I quickly built up a tolerance to it. I am now on two 50 mg pills (100mg) a day and it still doesn't have the effect that it used to on me. That is just one of a few things that I don't like about it. I feel like it worked for a short amount of time, but now it's just a pill that I can't get out of bed in the morning without taking. My depression has also worsened because of it I feel."

MikeyB1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 6, 2016

"I am a 22 year old male - diagnosed with inattentive ADD about 2 months ago. I was prescribed 30mg Vyvanse right after my diagnosis, and have moved up to 50mg (been 3 wks). My problems with ADD started in elementary school, and continued all the way up until a month after I graduated from university (but got worse). Deciding to get tested for ADD was the best decision I ever made! Vyvanse has been a blessing to me, and the benefits FAR outweigh the consequences. I can focus longer, stay on tasks until they are completed, pay attention to detail much easier, articulate my thoughts/words better, and motivate myself to get work and other activities done. It's not a miracle drug, but HELPS (key word) you manage your symptoms and function easier"

Chap94 August 31, 2016

"I started taking 30mg Vyvanse about 2 months ago. Prior to this, I've been unmedicated for ADHD for about 20 years. For this time I have been coping with inattentiveness and failing school grades. When I first took Vyvanse I noticed the effects after about 30 minutes. My head felt very focused and conversations with people became very clear. For the first time in a long time I could listen to someone for longer than 1 minute without my mind trailing off to another thought. I try to take Vyvanse as earlier as possible. Usually I take it around 8:00am with 9:00am being the latest. Taking Vyvanse after this time tends to keep me up past midnight. Vyvanse lasts about 12-15 hours for me."

ThisIsANickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

"I was on this med for a little over a week. Right off it made me feel great everything was good. And I really liked it and I was happy I found something that worked. But after a week it started to make me really really hungry I could not get rid of the hunger. So I had to stop taking it. I have a hard time to find a med. that works. I had the genetic tests done and there is a lot of meds I can't take. So it is hard to find one that works. I have ADHD and there is not much meds I can take. Vyvanse was a question but it worked well just made me hungry. I wished it did not make me hungry. Now I hope my Doctor puts me on another ADHD med."

josie cat August 25, 2016

"I'm an adult with ADD. Vyvanse changed my life. I'm on 70mg. My only problem is that I wish it would last about 3-4 hours longer."

DaveADD August 20, 2016

"I am an adult with ADD it has been a struggle my entire life. I am successful but as I moved up the ranks I have much more paper work and schedules to keep which is very hard for me. I have been on lots of different meds which all did not work or had bad side effects. I now take 50mg Vyanse every morning and it is great no side effects after the first 3 days I took it and it helps me stay on task with no evening crash."

Busy chemist August 14, 2016

"It has been 4 months and I have to say it has made a hug difference for me!! I am focusing more, doing better at my current job. I also feel a certain confidence in my interactions and with interviewing. The thought/words come to me quicker."

PZ August 11, 2016

"I have always had a problem with focus and attention and recently was told I have ADHD, I am currently on Vyvanse and when I started it, I found the first few days to be great. I almost felt superhuman with myself because I was able to start and finish things in one go and felt more active. I have had to have my dosage increased and I feel that as I take this medication, the effectiveness of it is dissipating and being replaced with a feeling of being "Frantic" and sightly anxious as well as it is affecting my mood and causing me to feel adgitated. I will be asking my doctor about trying something else as I feel that just increasing the dosage again would cause the feelings I am getting to becoming worse"

Anonymous August 9, 2016

"I started off on 20mg and it did not work very well. I was very angry and still very distracted. Although i felt like that was the first time I've ever been actually able to focus on daily activities. Things peaked my interest more resulting in more productive energy. Due to my short temper when I started, my doctor prescribed me to Ritalin and that was THEE WORST experience of my life. After that, we tried Strattera which was even worse. I'd get sick to my stomach and just feel so drugged up. After a few different dosages she prescribed 30mg of vyvanse. I've never felt so productive and aware. I havent ever realized before this, how many impulsive decisions I make without thinking about the effects. Vyvanse has made me more self aware."

DarciB August 2, 2016

"After being on adderall 40mg a day, doc switched me to vyvanse 50mg and although adderall worked great I found it only working 4-5 hours for the IR and I was feeling nothing from taking the XR. I take vyvanse for adhd, depression, and chronic fatigue from RA and EBV, vyvanse is amazing, no crash, no high and low just an even fluctuation through an entire 12-14 hour day! I feel motivated enough to concur my day but I'm not crawling out of my skin ! Love it !"

Anonymous143143 July 27, 2016

josie cat July 17, 2016

"I started 3 months ago and I am now taking 20mg 2x daily because it doesn't last throughout the day in a single dose for me. At first I did have a decrease in appetite, but I think it is has stabilized now. I have noticed an increase in my ability to pay attention in lectures and while studying, but I am still afflicted by tons of distractions. I am now able to organize my schoolwork, print out lecture slides, get them organized in a binder, etc. which I always had problems with. It hasn't really helped with my impulsivity, though, and I find its effects on me vary from day to day. Sometimes when the drug wears off I find myself feeling quite down and restless. Overall, I would say it has been helpful, but I may try something else."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

"It's definitely been a hell of a journey for me a whole year of school without good ADHD medication... But I have finally procured Vyvanse, I currently am taking a solid 20 mg, but so far for me personally it has been WAY more relaxing and effective than it's popularized counterpart Adderall. I actually take my Vyvanse with Adrafinil in the morning with water sometimes with or without a breakfast meal, honestly i have the same effectiveness regardless of what i eat but that's just me. I have noticed the same effects from different psychoactive stimulants like Adderall XR, Wellbutrin, Coffee, and Imipramine HCL. But so far Vyvanse has been more effective and honestly has a better duration than all of the stimulants I've ever taken..."

Melvin Arthur July 10, 2016

"I was always smart, but my career has accelerated rapidly thanks to this drug. I have the stamina and focus that I just would not have otherwise. I had trouble with concentration in college and it wasn't until I started taking vyvanse that I finally was able to complete tasks in a reasonable amount of time. My GPA went from a 3.3 to a 4.0. All the positives aside, I missed the pill today and basically ate the entire house. Withdrawal effects are Brutal."

Brookberry July 6, 2016

"Diagnosed ADHD about 15 years ago. I have taken Concerta, Riddlen, Adderall, and just about everything else there is. Doctor prescribed me Vyvanse about a week ago and i have fallen in love with it. 20mg last about 6 hours so i will be looking to up my dose but non of the side effect that i had on the other meds"

Kenneth2266 July 5, 2016

"It worked wonderfully in my case! I've had learning difficulties and anorexia since the second grade. Forty or so years the disorder has been binge/purging with laxatives. Cutting myself when my weight ballooned. In January 2016 my primary care giver placed me on Vyvance. It was wonderful. I would wake up and food was not the first thing on my mind! I was able to focus on meal planning and my life felt like it had order! I could finish a task and not skip around. Unfortunately my doctor was more concerned about my weight than my being able to focus so she took me off the medicine that has help me more than anything I've ever taken!"

Kern Lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

"I'm diagnosed bipolar, depression and adhd. Vyvanse 20mg - Started: started three days ago - Purpose: to aid in energy and focus to help me breakthrough crippling apathy - Impact: So far Vyvanse has been very effective at helping me to return to more normal functioning. Its impact on my mood has been mixed, although I can now do things which is nice, underneath there is still a layer of boredom. - Side Effects: Mild and fleeting anxiety about three hours after taking and again as it wears off in the evening - Future: Very effective, I hope to increase my dose to 30mg and stay there. I think that would be the ideal dose for aiding me in breaking through my boredom."

becontent (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

"Diagnosed in late 80's as having Attention Disorder - however my grades were always pretty good that my mother and doctor did not put me on medication. As I began my career years ago, I noticed I had trouble staying on tasks and my impulsiveness at work was causing me problems. Worked with Behavior Therapist and that helped for many years. However, I still struggled to stay on deadline at work and that stress led to issues in my personal life. Started taking Vyvanse 30mgs 3 mos ago at the age of 36. For the first time in my adult-life I feel that I have my act together. Still follow what I learned in therapy over the years - which I hope will help me stay at a lower dose. I pay $250 a month before my deductible is reached then 80% after."

Mark in Jax (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

"Parents putting there kids on this stuff, yikes, man I just feel bad for your poor child. You realize you're giving them pure amphetamine right? I would avoid taking amphetamines until your brain has finished developing. Age 21-25. It's just absurd that something like Vyanse is prescribed to children. That said, for adults, this stuff is wondrous. Has changed my life. I've been taking 60mg Vyvanse for 3yrs straight with zero issues. Zero break. Zero tolerance. I'm 32. Male. I've literally tried it all (Dex, Desoxyn, Addie, Provigil) & nothing comes close Vyvanse! If you truly have ADHD as an adult, this drug will alter your life in such a positive way! Adults only though!!! Common parents, you're totally screwing your kids over."

HawkATG (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2016

"I was recently diagnosed with ADHD and I was first prescribed Concerta. Since Concerta is part instant release and part extended release it starts working extremely quick, within 15-30 minutes, which was nice because there was no need to time things out when taking the medication. Unfortunately, Concerta starts working immediately and also stops working immediately which for me led a horrific crash. I was irritable and angry after the medication wore off. Due to this my doctor switched me to Vyvanse. Vyvanse is a prodrug which means the actual drug inside the capsule is not therapeutically helpful until it gets broken down in the body. This allows for a nice steady come up and no crash when the medication is eventually excreted."

tcuckow (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2016

"My 13 yr old son was put on Vyvanse for his ADHD and started at 20mg, 30mg and for the last two weeks has been on 40mg. He's had the usual not much of an appetite, and of sleeping patterns. However I've noticed in the last two weeks a drastic behaviour change in him where he is extremely emotional, very anxious, feeling like everyone hates him, depressed and wanting to hurt himself. His pediatrician advised me to stop this medication . "

Concerned Mom 43 (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2016