User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Vyvanse Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Vyvanse to treat ADHD

"Works like a charm!"

Hoodie (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Vyvanse 60mg pros: laser focused, VERY social, upbeat, very confident, if you have ADHD you know what I mean when I say 'the fear' disappears. The fear when you think about your to-do list and the task of organizing and prioritizing and asking yourself whether or not you can do something. The fear of anticipation of that goes away. It's euphoric. cons: VERY dry mouth, I had to get biotene, I am going to scale back to 30mg because 60mg really made me lose some of my inhibitions. I couldn't control what I was saying. I said things to friends I've known for 10 years that I have NEVER said, good + bad. Start with a lower dose. Make sure you don't use this drug for weight loss. It's tempting but it's disturbingly unhealthy and often times fat"

J8J (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"A lot of people seem to get on great. 3-4 hours of intended effects is all I get, during that time I feel more motivated, social and can process information better. After that time I am even worse than I was before starting the meds! Depressed, irritated, withdrawn, empty, angry, really bad. It's like the the 12 hours it's supposed it last, more than half of it is just a really long come down. I will be asking for instant release Dextroamphetamine next time, I assume and hope that they will be just like the initial period of this med which is perfect and helps with all my adhd symptoms."

Wagwan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My son has ADHD, he was on Concerta which started out working well, but started not working this year. His Neurologist prescribed Vyvanse. He was only one the drug for one month, it was the worse experience every. Not only didn't he sleep, my son developed a Tic and depression. I do not recommend this drug for ADHD, it worsened my sons."

PatFromRI June 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have an appointment in a week to get ADHD and bipolar meds but I was given a sample of a 70mg vyvanse I had previously been trying to do the dishes for about two hours (procrastination) I could feel it kick in after 2 hours and I ended up cleaning every inch of the kitchen. Cleaned the walls cabinets and all the appliances. I was actually interested in cleaning and was able to keep cleaning for 10 hours without getting off track. The effects only lasted about 10 hours and I could tell when it was ending because my cravings for cigarettes started again. I only smoked about 2 cigarettes in that period. I binge eat if I don't smoke regularly so its great for quitting smoking along with focus for ADHD. Will be asking about this one."

Zclaywell (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Vyvanse for a year. I take 50mg now and I wouldn't say it's a miracle drug, but over the past year I have attended more classes and gotten more consistent grades in university. I definitely have to put in the effort to experience the benefits; it's not motivation/focus-in-a-pill for me! The side effects I've experienced are increased anxiety, dry mouth, increased perfectionism, irritability, and some insomnia. Its impact on my mood varies. At first, my appetite decreased and I had terrible afternoon crashes, but they have levelled out over time. Overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me. I haven't tried anything except for Wellbutrin, which I still take. Not sure how they interact."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Just recently diagnosed with ADHD and specifically asked to start out on vyvance at 30mg/day. I'm 23 years old and had been struggling with severe ADHD my whole life, finally decided to go get it checked and vyvance being my first medication taken for it- it's completely calmed me down as a person. I feel like I have such clear thoughts which made me feel incredible, I finally felt normal. Helped with my hot temper and impatience as well. First week has been successful."

All the way (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Caused my 10 yr old son to develop severe depression, and a facial motor tic which never went away. Now he takes medication for not only ADHD but also depression and tics. Worst drug experience ever!"

Buffalomom22 May 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First off, would like to say that I have and always have had severe ADHD and have been on Adderal XR 30mg since it first came out 15 yrs ago at 30mg. Always had my psych trying to get me to try Vyvanse and turned it down until last week when I realized over the last 2 years my Adderall seemed not to be working and would wear off by 1pm every day and still scattered. Was highly apprehensive at first and started out at 60mg on Vyvanse to begin and likely will be at 70 next Dr visit. Vyvanse has been a true god send for my condition and a miracle drug 4 me. Can think clearly for first time in years and accomplish goals at work and home and much longer lasting- I highly recommend - downside is it takes about 2 hours to fully start working."

Squirrel77 May 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 7, we tried adderall for a while, the patch, but he didn't like them. Finally we found Vyvanse. He is 10 years old now prescribed two 10mg pills/day but he takes only takes one in the morning because he was having side effects (lip licking, finger playing). This pill has seriously changed our life's, if you are a parent wondering whether or not to use medication JUST TRY IT. We used to sit for hours after school trying to get home work done. His teacher would tell me he is not completing work and distracting other students. He was falling behind in school and now he is caught up and receiving awards."

Angela Lawrence (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I got diagnosed about a month ago with ADHD I also have GAD, depression and severe migraines. I was very disorganized, didn't finish tasks, depressed, super anxious, I would try to talk to someone and my mind was else where and had no idea what they were saying. I started vyvanse 30mg, it helped for about a week for all my symptoms even my migraines! I could sleep like a baby at night. After that it helped in the morning, in the afternoon I would feel depressed like I could cry at anything, the anxiety was still gone, but everything else came back including the daily headaches. My Dr switched me to 60mg I hope it lasts longer then the 30mg, so far so good it's only been 2 days. I'd recommend it."

First ADD medication (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Vyvanse a few years and I remember the exact moment I realized it kicked in. Out of the blue I thought "oh my goodness" is this what normal feels like. My main reason for this post is in reading here I've noticed a couple of people have mentioned the expense. If you go to Vyvanse website you can get a savings card, the card brings the cost to $30:)"

Weimie (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking ADHD medications for about 10 years and vyvanse is by far my favorite. I take 50mg of vyvanse as needed. I always feel very productive when taking it and It really helps me focus and get things done without the procrastination. Although, it does what it is supposed to do I do have a few side effects that prevent me from taking it everyday. I have a history with anxiety/depression and this medicine brings back some of those symptoms. Also, I tend to be a perfectionist when I take the medicine. I catch myself taking longer to take exams and redoing my makeup or hair or brushing my teeth more than once simply because I feel like it isn't just right. Also I am more isolated and less social when I take the pill."

kinb May 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Tolerance builds slower than Adderall and other instant release stimulants, but still builds fast. Lasts a good 12-14 hours as well, just make sure you don't take more than you should because when your tolerance builds you're pretty much done with."

samsdb May 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Vyvanse for 2 years. I started on 50mg. I was on that dose for about 6 months, tapered down to 30mg for a few months, and found a happy medium at 40mg. 50mg was too strong and 30mg was too weak. I have a pretty severe case of ADD. For an adult, I never thought ADD would be an issue. I finally saw my doctor who prescribed me Vyvanse. Vyvanse was the first pill I've ever taken for my ADD and it's seriously improved my life immensely. Biggest side effects for me are increased anxiety, OCD tendencies, insomnia, and frequent mood issues after taking it. The ultimate biggest con for me is price. My insurance pays very little. It's around $250 per month."

12ADDult12 May 1, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My son is 14 and has always been super sensitive to these meds- he was diagnosed at 6 ADHD. We started with concerta- he lost 11 lbs in 5 weeks. We switched to a slow release methylphenidate. At Christmas, it was felt that maybe he needed something different- his last increase didn't seem to be helping. That's when we started vyvanse. I have seriously mixed feelings about this drug. There is some control of the hyperactivity component but he's grouchier, more argumentative and not really more productive. Is it age and adolescence?"

Salmon head (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First i want to say that everyone is different and not everyone reacts the same to medication. I started with Concerta, it didn't work for me at all. I didn't feel like myself, it took over my personality and I started to have heavy anxiety, panic attacks, anti social and paranoia. Then I got Vyvance and its life changing, It doesn't feel like I'm on a prescription. It's more a tool that helps me get through everyday life. I'm much calmer, I can concentrate on one thing at the time. I get so much more done and I feel like I'm in peace with my mind. My patience has improved, I'm less impulsive and I can sit for a long time straight without feeling bubbly or restless. Side effect- Dry mouth, no appetite. But EAT and eat smart, it gets back."

26y/o woman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on vyvanse for about 2 days now and I can't believe the difference from the other two medications I've tried. (Adderall and Focalin) I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago, I was not diagnosed when I was younger, which would've have really explained a lot. First I tried adderall, it didn't do much but make me a bit irritable, and still not focusing was on 50mg a day 30mg in the morning and a 20mg in the afternoon, and I didn't notice a thing. Next was the generic of Focalin, which dild absolutely NOTHING! With vyvanse I feel like I can concentrate on one thing at a time, and not have the urge to start 10 other things. My doctor put me on 70 mg in the morning, it's a bit of a slow start, but once it doesn't its a very productive"

Delorian88 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine may help but if I missed a day, or tried to get off it completely, worst experience ever. It's basically pharmaceutical meth, try older meds like dexatrin or Ritalin. Vyvanse withdrawals are awful so once you're on it it's hard to get off"

Christicroo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Today was my first day on this medication (30mg). I am 27 year old female, diagnosed at 14 with ADHD. I was prescribes dexies when diagnosed and because of the strength of the narcotic, I wasn't able to continue them and chose to find alternative ways to deal with my ADHD. As a full time university student and a single mother, I find it difficult to stay focused and keep up with my daily routine. I felt completely overwhelmed recently to the point I would procrastinate and nothing would get done. That in itself caused me anxiety. It was triggered because of that fact I am dealing with a custody battle and that issue has consumed my attention, and felt because of that I was unable to do the things I needed to accomplish. So far so good."

Ashleigh Michelle April 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First - diagnosis is mild ADHD. 11 years old. 50mg. Our experience with my son and vyvanse. He was on this medication for approximately 9 months. For the first few weeks, he was sort of hyperfocused and had difficulty with transitioning from a task if he was fixated on it. He transitioned well to middle school and achieved great grades. However, he lost a lot of weight. About 15lbs. He had horrible insomnia. He slowly became very emotional and depressed in the afternoons and evenings. We decided to stop the medication. Within weeks he was back to himself and his doctor advised him to stay off the medication."

Jane672017 April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My 8 year old was diagnosed with ADHD this year. We tried a non-stimulant first (guanfacine) but it didn't work plus she was soo sleepy on this. Switched to 30mg of Vyvanse and instantly her grades & school performance increased. She also plays sports and has improved due to better focus. We constantly had to yell out into the softball field to "be ready" prior to the medication. Now, she's always ready to go. Side effects to begin were insomnia for about 3 days. Dr. suggested 2mg of melatonin which worked fine. We did melatonin for 2 days then she was back to falling asleep on her own. Weight loss is also an issue. She's down about 6 lbs but she's tall 4' 7" and weighed 94 lbs. I don't give it to her on the weekend and she eats ok"

Desiq (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Vyvanse for about 10 months. It is an amazing drug to reduce distraction, calm the hyper/distractable me and just enjoy life a bit better. The only downside for me are two things: firstly, the afternoon crash can suck. I often am left feeling a little anxious or irritated. The other thing, and probably the more annoying side affect, is that is does impact my sleep. To minimize these side affects, here are my tips that work for me: 1) stop drinking coffee or other stimulants. 1b) wait until you are properly awake before you take it... 2) don't drink on medication days. 3) schedule your diet and stick with it. 4) exercise in the morning (before taking it). 5) have your no medication / chill days."

Redford32 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on Vyvance for just under 1 year. It worked really well. However as the year went on my mouth got dryer and dryer, until I could only eat soft foods. I talked to the Doctor and I went off them in the middle of January. About 3 weeks ago I started a new med called AdderallXR and I can feel my mouth is starting to dry but not like the Vyvance. While in the USA I found some mini "brush on the go" toothbrushes made by Colgate, called Wisp Max Fresh. With dryness my teeth always feel like I have a film on them. Today I used one of the brushes and and it really made my teeth and the dryness feel better. No need for water or rinsing. Maybe I can cut down on the gum and candy. We'll see!"

grammaDebbi March 25, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on vyvanse for about a year maybe a year and a half but damn this medication is amazing when you take it normally, I say normally because I usually only take it when I know I gotta focus so like for school, work, a project, etc but when I'm just home I don't take it. Now vyvanse has helped me so so much its just the getting the medication on time is what I struggle with, because I've noticed now that when I'm off vyvanse my ADHD is way worse like the anger and getting distracted part. Yet I don't like taking pills in general I know they do damage inside but if it works it works you know I'd rather struggle with the medication than have to deal with ADHD alone."

Ezm14 March 21, 2017