User Reviews for Vyvanse

Vyvanse Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Vyvanse to treat ADHD

"So I've only been diagnosed at the age of 33 with ADHD and suffered for so long and now taking this drug has completely changed everything. The positives I've found are focus, everything seems easier to handle and I now feel balanced. The negatives I've found are I don't eat much now and have lost weight really quickly. Over all I'm really happy"

Stu33 May 20, 2018

"This medication is a life saver. I’ve been on many other ADHD medicine and they never lasted through the day. Vyvanse wears off at the perfect time for bedtime and helps me accomplish many things during the day without getting distracted. Vyvanse turned my life around and helped me keep a job and get through school with all good grades."

Rach (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2018

"Vyvanse has been a true answer to everything I have asked for !! I have been taking it for over 2 months at 60 mg. I can focus, finish projects and complete daily activities. I feel more comfortable in large crowds. I can't speak highly enough about this medication.."

Gracie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

"I was on Adderall for years until the highest dosage stopped working for me. When I switched to Vyvanse I wasn't sure what effects I should be looking for. Was it supposed to be like Adderall? No. Unlike Adderall, which gives you tunnel vision to complete one task at a time, Vyvanse allows you to focus on multiple tasks. You're not wired and cleaning out your closet 10 times a day, its more like you're normalized - the way that you should be. As far as appetite goes, it comes and it goes."

Adubs (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2018

"The doctor had my son on Adderal and I did not like the fact that it was considered a class II narcotic. He had terrible side effects. So his doctor said they now have a new drug treatment such as Vyvanes. Noticed he was experiencing same side effects as when he was taking Aderral. This drug is the EXACT same thing as Adderal, just a different name. Same drug, New label and packaged differently is the only difference."

MiMi April 17, 2018

"This works pretty well for me, definitely have to remember to eat/interact with others/ not fall down a rabbit hole of hyperfocus on something else."

emj (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2018

"I just increased to 20 mg daily, from 15 mg. This drug helps me to concentrate, focus better, observe when I become distracted, and have more energy. Some negatives I’ve experienced recently are difficulty getting to sleep and possible diarrhea. Overall, I think the efficacy of this drug is very good."

AZDesertgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

"My son has ADD and we thought this would be the answer to his problems. While it did help his concentration in school, he ended up with terrible depression and was Baker Acted (involuntary institutionalization and examination) because of suicidal thoughts twice. We figured out what it was and got him off of it. He has been fine since."

Janny3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2018

"Focus was good but felt like a zombie or spaced out. I started binge eating like crazy! Gained 12lbs in 2 weeks!! Severe anxiety and panic attacks. Horrible chest pain, wheezing, and coughing. Sweating, hot, skin felt like it was crawling, cold chills, and severe depression!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

"I have been on several amphetamine stimulant medications before and overall Vyvanse if my favorite by far. I like the fact it lasts all day so I only have to pop one a day. It had worked wonders in my life and had turned it around for the better"

Cdo (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2018

"FACTS ABOUT ME/ MY VYVANSE HISTORY: *22-years-old *Female *ADD and Dyslexic *Started on Vyvance in the 4th grade LONG TERM EFFECTS: *Scalp Picking (my head is covered with scabs, I pick them) *Severe Anxiety *No Self-Esteem (I hate myself) *I feel Angry and Aggressive most of the day *I'm always worried about something (never relaxed...ever) I SEEM FINE, but I'm dying on the inside: Graduating from State University with Degree in MATH Current GPA: 3.75 I have a job lined up after college in Risk Management I WOULD GIVE UP EVERYTHING I HAVE NOW IF IT MEANT THAT I DID NOT EVER HAVE TO TAKE VYVANSE!"

Rachel (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2018

"Helped with my concentration issues at work. Helped me complete one project before diving into other projects. Overall very happy with medication."

Jezebel (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2018

"After months of going back and forth between Adderall XR 30mg (x2/day) and Vyvanse 70mg (once daily). I realized that Vyvanse works the best for me. It keeps me at the perfect, consistent level all day. I'm focused, complete multiple tasks at a time, without my anxiety going through the roof."

Mandy (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2018

"I started taking vyvanse around 4th grade and I noticed that it helped a lot but I couldn't eat and when I would come home I wouldn't have the energy to do anything but sleep."

Alex (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2018

"Has kept me balanced, focused and energized with no noticeable decrease in efficacy at 40mg every day for over four years. I have skipped a day occasionally, and took a week off to test myself for lethargy or depressed feelings, and felt very little change in mood."

Franswami (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2018

"I've been on it for over 5 years now (started in high school, now in college). It was a little rough at first, but once my weight stabilized I noticed no issues. NEVER. EVER. TAKE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH! I learned the hard way early on."

mack (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2018

"I have taken Adderall since I was 12 and recently changed to vyvanse about 2 years ago (I am 38years old). It is a miracle! I only take one 70mg capsule orally in the morning time. My morning starts early with three children to daycare and bus then work. And I work weekends as well. I’m able to have my fog brain for ten - twenty mins and then I can step by step get each task thru the day complete and then I am home ready for bed. I have clear thoughts and I don’t stop in the middle of five chores or jobs and get all frustrated. All positive, but I do not have insurance and my thirty qty of 70mg cost $223 with the vyvanse discount card that basically takes off $90. It is $312ish without. When I had insurance my script was was $60. I also get a lot of headaches. Adderall was just not working anymore and that was even sticking concerta in for a couple months. Thank you Vyvanse and Shire manufacturer, generic, 2023."

Shayray (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2018

"I’ve been taking Vyvanse for three years, and I’m 18. The medication has been incredibly consistent for well over a year at 60 mg. Personally, it doesn’t affect my creativity or mood, but it did during the first couple of months while taking it. However, I started a low dose of Zoloft, and that worked brilliantly alongside Vyvanse until I faltered off a while later, and I don’t need it anymore. I’ve adopted a much more organized and confident version of myself, thanks to the drug. I have no problems sleeping."

honkerley January 9, 2018

"I’ve been taking this med since it first came out. I believe it was 2008. But I was diagnosed when I was like 6. Nothing works, Adderall, ritalin, nothing. Either I’m a waking zombie or wired off the walls. No happy medium. Then when I was in high school I tried again, this time with vyvanse. Started at 30s, then 50s, then 60s, and finally 80s. 30- worked well, soon to grow a tolerance and stopped working after a month. 50- same thing, lasted a little longer this time, dry mouth occasionally. About 3 months 60- awesome. My happy medium. Dry mouth of course, drink a lot of water. Carry gum lol, I never lost sleep (results may vary) 80- I was a zombie. Depressed. Not depressed. I didn’t know. Everything was a dream. No one needs this."

25 yr old. (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2018

"Vyvanse when I first started was great until the 4th week into taking the medication. I am in the marching band, and during one of the performances, I noticed that I started having trouble breathing. I had previous reactions similar to this when taking other medications such as adderal. After the performance I went to tell my coach that something was really wrong. I thought I was going crazy, turns out I had a bad reaction to the medication and It caused me to have a really bad anxiety attack to the point in which I was screaming, and accidentally punched my coach. This medication is not for everyone."

Freaked out teen (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2017

"Just on my first full month of taking 30mg a day of Vyvanse. I only got diagnosed with ADHD at 50. The difference this drug has made to my life is simply unbelievable. My Doctor told me that if I did indeed have ADHD I would notice a difference on the first day of taking Vyvanse and boy he was not kidding! I have a clarity of thought I have never known in my life, not just a focus but an ability to think things out logically and complete task. I start one thing, finish it then turn my attention to the next task. Just remember, work with this drug push yourself a little when needed."

Daveaus December 27, 2017

"I recently returned to ADD meds after many years off and was put on 20mg of Vyvanse. It does help me focus very well and makes me kind of fearless professionally and socially. Unfortunately, it really doesn't motivate me which stinks. It also doesn't help much with my creativity - I wouldn't be able to solve a complex problem any easier on Vyvanse. Does work for a LONG time - well over 14 hours - and seriously trashes my sleep quality. I don't take Vyvanse on the weekends to reset my brain. I can eat if I think about it, but I can also go much longer without eating. Vyvanse is very smooth - no big highs or crashes. Pretty decent ADD med."

Fruit Is Evil (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

"My son who is 7 has been taking 20mg for over 1.5 yrs. At first it seemed to really help. School work was going great. His teacher could tell a huge difference. But the last 6 month it's going down hill... emotional, headaches, crying over anything even spilled milk literally. Can't sleep. He's totally a changed boy for the bad. And his doctor won't change. I'm thinking his body just got use to the medicine."

Calgirl December 9, 2017

"First off I have to just say that I was on ritalin before I started vyvanse. Ritalin was awesome for about 4 weeks and then did the complete opposite making me depressed, horrible comedowns and downright stopped working. I've started vyvanse 30 mg and this is the third day I have taken it. It has made me really depressed and I've been crying uncontrollably. I don't know if I should keep going and play with my dosage to see a change with dopamine or go on antidepressants. Advice highly appreciated"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

"I feel like I’m being a little generous by giving Vyvanse a 3 because it does work to some degree, but I have very unpleasant side effects from it. My doctor finally switched me to generic Adderall IR-thank God-and it’s fantastic. I must be abnormal with how I digest Vyvanse or something because I find it far more potent, and not in a good way. It gives me serious dry mouth, diahrrea, anxiety, excessive sweating, and depression. The effect was different almost everyday: some days were okay, a lot were terrible, and a few were good. It muted most of my emotions except a general sense of discomfort. But I could focus when it didn’t make me depressed. On the hand, Adderall IR is a cake walk and I feel great in general."

Mikey89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2017