User Reviews for Entyvio

Crohn's Disease
4.4

Summary of Entyvio reviews 5.0 30 reviews

Reviews for Entyvio

For Crohn's Disease "I had first dose of Entyvio 2/19/18. I've had 3 doses so far. I will not be having any more. I felt better before I started Entyvio. I have gained roughly 15 pounds (do not need the extra weight). Terrible body aches, especially lower back, little pimple like growths over my body, tired all the time. Nope...this is not for me."

Carla (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "I have been on Entyvio for about a year and have had good results, although I did not see any reduction in pain until after the 4th infusion. I was on Humria for 8 years before it stopped working at that point I stopped taking medications for 3 months - that was a mistake. Was in pain all the time. I do have some minor joint pain, but that could be just me aging. I also have a lot of mucus in throat, but that may only be my lifelong struggle with bad allergies. Everyone's body metabolites and reacts differently. Some of reactions that people are having are listed as side effects and to contact dr immediately. Overall I believe this drug is working for me, although I don't like putting it in my body and would like to try something more natural but I am afraid the pain will return."

Private (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "I've suffered from Crohn's for over 50 years. Experienced major flare-up in May 2017. Taken off current meds and prescribed 20 mgs of prednisone. Health improved immediately. Started tapering down until I was down to 5mg in March at which time started first injection of Entivyo. I am down to 1mg of predisone now. Have had two injections to date and scheduled for a third April, 2018 to be followed by another in June. I realize I have to give the biologic a chance to work but I have not noticed anything positive from the treatment to date. Always fatigued with low appetite and joint pain. Sometime I wonder if it wouldn't be in my best interest to simply go on prednisone and feel good for a few years. My GI is very optimistic regarding Entivyo so we will have to see what happens from here."

Sundance April 7, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "This my third medicine we have tried for my colitis I had a severe reaction too remicade after using it for two years. I then was put on cimizia which didn't work. I then was put on Humira which didn't work. This medicine is my last resort and it has saved my life."

MAC (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 31, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have tried almost every medicine there is even entyvio but one medicine that I guarantee will help you is taking suboxone. Please take my advice when you have a whole film of suboxone cut them in 4 slices take just a quarter. I guarantee u that the diarrhea, the pains and everything else will go away. Suboxone for Ulcerative colitis has been a miracle drug for me and has helped me be on remission for about 4 years. Now I had it when I was 23 I took suboxone at the age of 24 and I have been amazed. Subozone is used to treat people with addiction but it can be a miracle drug to other sickness. Please take my advice and at least give it a try I promise u it will work better then any drug. The doctors have no idea what works because they are not rocket scientist and they don't have what we have. We on the other hand know what works n what doesn't"

Joey March 13, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "Been on now for 5 months. Symptoms returned 2 months in. Dr wants to give it a good try so I'm back on Cortiment and awaiting a scope that he only has time for in June. Lost a lot of hair which is somewhat devastating for a woman who wants to feel normal and keep disability invisible. Dizziness and muscle weakness to the point of gym workouts not recovering for days. So now I'm torn bc if I stop the meds and he does a scope in June he could say well we don't know if it worked you didn't give it enough time. It's a mental drain always trying to fix yourself and I think most people here wouldn't buy a fancy car if they won heaps of money but rather diagnostic equipment. If it was possible to see what's really going on in their bodies. The unknown sucks. Getting naturopathic medicine and support and trying ketogenic diet along with fodmap and medical marijuana to help cope with the depression. I hope it's enough to keep me off these meds"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "Just had second treatment. My treatments have been every 2 weeks. Crohns is still the same no pain relief at all. 1 hour after infusion nausea starts, diarrhea, joint and muscle pain, stomach pain, hot flashes, tired but trouble sleeping. Not sure if this is right for me"

Lindsayontario February 8, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "Entyvio has worked wonders for me the entire time I’ve been taking it— I finally feel like my ulcerative colitis is under control and I can finally breathe again for the first time in years without the anxiety or worry of my condition weighing me down. The infusion itself is the most inconvenient part, but the affects of the drug of severe colitis is definitely worth the inconvenience. I love it"

Mkm98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was on the clinical trial scheduled for 30 injections, after the second I no longer had symptoms. I was given a third injection per the trial policy. I was then told I would no longer get the injections since it worked for me. I've been in remission since my last injection. I am still taking mesalamine. It has been several months and no symptoms . Thank God."

KMACK1 December 29, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "DO NOT TAKE ENTYVIO!!! That is of course unless you want your immune system to shut down and be unable to fight off even the littlest common cold. Not to mention the crazy amount of debilitating side-effects. Headaches, sore muscles, major fatigue, restless leg syndrome, feeling like you want to throw up out of the blue, back pain and coughing. Oh and IF you do happen to get a cold while you're already experiencing these side effects, you might as well times the pain by 3 and prepare for a very long recovery as your body is too weak to fight off any disease. As for my colitis symptoms..?? Entyvio almost TRIPLED my symptoms!! CONSTANT diarrhea, NON-STOP abdominal discomfort and literally you are up all night. AVOID BY ALL MEANS!"

Chad n Roll December 26, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Only on my second injection migraine so bad I get nauseous ears ringing hear my heart beat in ears all the time its elevated constantly light hurts my eyes dizzy head goes black for seconds only going bathroom every three days scared to take my next dose"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "On this for 6 months now, and I've been in remission for the last 3 months."

LG45 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Two years on it. Now having liver issues. Colon on recent colonoscopy was clear. Endoscopy showed esophageal varicies stage 1. Fiberscore Labs showed stage 4 fibrosis. Fiberscan the same. Fatigue, general and gut pain continues. Weight is stable but can't gain. Energy low. May need a med break."

Scoocha June 26, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "I decided to discontinue after the 4th infusion. Very expensive which might have been worth it had it improved diarrhea. Instead with each infusion ulcers in my mouth flared worse (they were already there - Crohns in the mouth), severe fatigue, all over body pain, worsened sinus problems, weird tendon-like pain in hands & feet. all of which got worse and lasted longer which each subsequent infusion. My last infusion's symptoms lasted for weeks!"

June B (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Very pleased with Entyvio. I've been in remission and the medication is working very well for me for the last 2.5 years. I do experience bad side effects that last about 24 hours after infusion including severe fatigue, headache, all over body pain. I have to say the pros outweigh the cons for me."

Anonymous May 12, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Flushing similar to hot flashes, nausea, severe headaches/migraines, increased diarrhea the day of infusion for up to two weeks after."

Worse than CD symptoms (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "I just wanted to write to thank everyone for their feedback and advice. My gut feeling was to not go in this even though drs told me entyvio Is the best safest thing (apparently not ). I have a friend who's decided to go on it about 3 infusions now and not well. Severe joint pain and sore bones throughout as well as dealing with rash and possible other autoimmune conditions that have not been verified yet if it's drug related. All symptoms are since being on Entyvio. I'm so glad that I followed my instincts and not the drug's/Dr. Hoping for some better options that are safer for all of us !"

Alexa123 March 15, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Stayed on it for over a year. Took in combination with Entocort. Saw little to no improvement. Gave significant side effects such as flushing, fevers, nausea, chills, severe migraines etc."

Theo788255 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "Entyvio works but it wears off after 3 weeks. It is 8 weeks between the IVs. By 5 weeks, I am back to passing mush and having accidents. This is not acceptable for a $40K drug."

Wears OFF after 3 weeks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "bowel control increased to approximately 60% side effects: runny nose, increased mucus, cough"

ree-granny February 17, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "I haven't been able to tolerate any drug during the 5 years I have been officially flaring and diagnosed with UC. Despite this I know I had this nasty thing for the past 20 years. To put it plainly, Humira worked for 2 months, then failed. Now Entyvio worked for 1 month maybe and seems to be placebo now. I oscillate between very bad bloating and constipation and then diarrhea. Since on Entyvio I am unable to sleep laying down from the pain, and I have no ability to form a normal stool - it's either Diarrhea or it's pencil thin or pebble like. I do not feel like this medicine works and is just another step in the long journey toward surgery. I hear how biologics help people but I remain unconvinced."

Hallo78293 February 13, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "Entyvio has been miraculous. Very close to getting my colon taken out, we decided to try Entyvio. After using Remicade, Humira and many other options, it's the only thing that's worked for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "I was on Remicade for several years. I recently switched over to Entyvio. It seemed to be helping, but the benefits only lasted about 6 weeks. My Dr just added Methotrexate to help boost the effectiveness. So far seems to be working better than Remicade. That said, everyone and every case is different. It comes down to you working with your doctor(s) to find the best plan for you. Don't give up, keep trying."

langewj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have only had one infusion of entyvio. 12 hours after the infusion the pain started. Severe colic like pain. Shaking and trembling. Huge swollen legs and feet which diuretics won't help. Very unsteady on my feet loss of balance and joint pain. They told me there was practically no side effects of this drug. I have been deceived."

Fergi (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "After being allergic to all mesalamine drugs, remicade, and built up antibodies against Humira I was hopeful after my 4th treatment that I was finally in remission. Then the morning of my 5th treatment I go into the doctors office. About 15 minutes after my IV started I began to feel really light headed. I had a tight chest and my whole body felt heavy. This out of body feeling came over me and I was fixated on one spot of the room. Next thing I know I wake up to EMTs over me saying I had unresponsive pupils with hives. They said I was unresponsive to everyone around..I don't remember anything else until I got to the ER. If you start to feel dizzy-tell the nurse right away! Good luck to everyone."

Still praying for a cure. (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016