User Reviews for Entyvio

Learn more about Entyvio.

Ulcerative Colitis 8 reviews 97 medications

5.2
Crohn's Disease 12 reviews 70 medications

4.2
Summary of Entyvio reviews 20 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Entyvio

For Crohn's Disease "Only on my second injection migraine so bad I get nauseous ears ringing hear my heart beat in ears all the time its elevated constantly light hurts my eyes dizzy head goes black for seconds only going bathroom every three days scared to take my next dose"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "On this for 6 months now, and I've been in remission for the last 3 months."

LG45 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Two years on it. Now having liver issues. Colon on recent colonoscopy was clear. Endoscopy showed esophageal varicies stage 1. Fiberscore Labs showed stage 4 fibrosis. Fiberscan the same. Fatigue, general and gut pain continues. Weight is stable but can't gain. Energy low. May need a med break."

Scoocha June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "I decided to discontinue after the 4th infusion. Very expensive which might have been worth it had it improved diarrhea. Instead with each infusion ulcers in my mouth flared worse (they were already there - Crohns in the mouth), severe fatigue, all over body pain, worsened sinus problems, weird tendon-like pain in hands & feet. all of which got worse and lasted longer which each subsequent infusion. My last infusion's symptoms lasted for weeks!"

June B (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Very pleased with Entyvio. I've been in remission and the medication is working very well for me for the last 2.5 years. I do experience bad side effects that last about 24 hours after infusion including severe fatigue, headache, all over body pain. I have to say the pros outweigh the cons for me."

Anonymous May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Flushing similar to hot flashes, nausea, severe headaches/migraines, increased diarrhea the day of infusion for up to two weeks after."

Worse than CD symptoms (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "I just wanted to write to thank everyone for their feedback and advice. My gut feeling was to not go in this even though drs told me entyvio Is the best safest thing (apparently not ). I have a friend who's decided to go on it about 3 infusions now and not well. Severe joint pain and sore bones throughout as well as dealing with rash and possible other autoimmune conditions that have not been verified yet if it's drug related. All symptoms are since being on Entyvio. I'm so glad that I followed my instincts and not the drug's/Dr. Hoping for some better options that are safer for all of us !"

Alexa123 March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Stayed on it for over a year. Took in combination with Entocort. Saw little to no improvement. Gave significant side effects such as flushing, fevers, nausea, chills, severe migraines etc."

Theo788255 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "Entyvio works but it wears off after 3 weeks. It is 8 weeks between the IVs. By 5 weeks, I am back to passing mush and having accidents. This is not acceptable for a $40K drug."

Wears OFF after 3 weeks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "bowel control increased to approximately 60% side effects: runny nose, increased mucus, cough"

ree-granny February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "I haven't been able to tolerate any drug during the 5 years I have been officially flaring and diagnosed with UC. Despite this I know I had this nasty thing for the past 20 years. To put it plainly, Humira worked for 2 months, then failed. Now Entyvio worked for 1 month maybe and seems to be placebo now. I oscillate between very bad bloating and constipation and then diarrhea. Since on Entyvio I am unable to sleep laying down from the pain, and I have no ability to form a normal stool - it's either Diarrhea or it's pencil thin or pebble like. I do not feel like this medicine works and is just another step in the long journey toward surgery. I hear how biologics help people but I remain unconvinced."

Hallo78293 February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "Entyvio has been miraculous. Very close to getting my colon taken out, we decided to try Entyvio. After using Remicade, Humira and many other options, it's the only thing that's worked for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "I was on Remicade for several years. I recently switched over to Entyvio. It seemed to be helping, but the benefits only lasted about 6 weeks. My Dr just added Methotrexate to help boost the effectiveness. So far seems to be working better than Remicade. That said, everyone and every case is different. It comes down to you working with your doctor(s) to find the best plan for you. Don't give up, keep trying."

langewj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have only had one infusion of entyvio. 12 hours after the infusion the pain started. Severe colic like pain. Shaking and trembling. Huge swollen legs and feet which diuretics won't help. Very unsteady on my feet loss of balance and joint pain. They told me there was practically no side effects of this drug. I have been deceived."

Fergi (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "After being allergic to all mesalamine drugs, remicade, and built up antibodies against Humira I was hopeful after my 4th treatment that I was finally in remission. Then the morning of my 5th treatment I go into the doctors office. About 15 minutes after my IV started I began to feel really light headed. I had a tight chest and my whole body felt heavy. This out of body feeling came over me and I was fixated on one spot of the room. Next thing I know I wake up to EMTs over me saying I had unresponsive pupils with hives. They said I was unresponsive to everyone around..I don't remember anything else until I got to the ER. If you start to feel dizzy-tell the nurse right away! Good luck to everyone."

Still praying for a cure. (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Started Entyvio in the middle of a flare up. I've had the most side effects from this one as compared to all past treatments. Frequent moderate-severe sinus headaches. Flushing, hot feeling. Took 9 months before we saw improvement but I was also on budesonide which might have been the cause of the improvement. Unfortunately it just doesn't seem worth it. I've heard better results for UC patients."

Theo7882 October 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "I thought Entyvio might have been the next best treatment, after I could no longer take Remicade and Humira. I started the injections in May and my ears started to bleed a week after the injection. After a month on the medication I have full body itching. Lastly, after five months on the medication I am also sneezing have patches of dark red angry rashes that are the size of a silver dollar. I would highly recommend close observation on this medication and speak to your doctor right away when any of these side effects occur. In my case they are only increasing with more exposure."

Dorkette (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "I have been on Entyvio for 13 months. It doesn't seem to be helping the diarrhea or urgency. I am fatigued, all the time. I am having LOTS of joint pain and weakness (fingers, wrists, toes, ankles, knees.) I trip/fall because my ankles roll, I drop things because my fingers won't keep a grasp. I have been tested for RA - negative. I don't think it is working, but my GI wants to try infusing every 4 weeks instead of every 8 weeks. To me Entyvio is not worth the side effects."

Fryertuck September 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "I have been on it for a little over 1 year.My crohns is better but I now have Severe Liver disease.I had a ct scan 10 months ago with mild fatty liver.A recent ct scan revealed Severe Liver disease.I am so annoyed! Be sure to ask questions and do your research.I would have rather lived with crohns than with a ruined liver!"

Tortoise Tom (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "I have not been on it long enough. But it did control my diarrhea, not the pain. I was told because of my new diagnosis of Irritable Bowl Syndrome along with the Crohn's Disease, they are stopping the infusions to see if the pain is not a side effect from it. This is all I know about it so far. I hope this helps a little."

CaseyLee November 13, 2015