User Reviews for Entyvio

Learn more about Entyvio.

Crohn's Disease 5 reviews 68 medications

5.2
Ulcerative Colitis 3 reviews 187 medications

3.5
Summary of Entyvio reviews 8 reviews 4.4

Reviews for Entyvio

For Crohn's Disease "I was on Remicade for several years. I recently switched over to Entyvio. It seemed to be helping, but the benefits only lasted about 6 weeks. My Dr just added Methotrexate to help boost the effectiveness. So far seems to be working better than Remicade. That said, everyone and every case is different. It comes down to you working with your doctor(s) to find the best plan for you. Don't give up, keep trying."

langewj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have only had one infusion of entyvio. 12 hours after the infusion the pain started. Severe colic like pain. Shaking and trembling. Huge swollen legs and feet which diuretics won't help. Very unsteady on my feet loss of balance and joint pain. They told me there was practically no side effects of this drug. I have been deceived."

Fergi (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "After being allergic to all mesalamine drugs, remicade, and built up antibodies against Humira I was hopeful after my 4th treatment that I was finally in remission. Then the morning of my 5th treatment I go into the doctors office. About 15 minutes after my IV started I began to feel really light headed. I had a tight chest and my whole body felt heavy. This out of body feeling came over me and I was fixated on one spot of the room. Next thing I know I wake up to EMTs over me saying I had unresponsive pupils with hives. They said I was unresponsive to everyone around..I don't remember anything else until I got to the ER. If you start to feel dizzy-tell the nurse right away! Good luck to everyone."

Still praying for a cure. (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "Started Entyvio in the middle of a flare up. I've had the most side effects from this one as compared to all past treatments. Frequent moderate-severe sinus headaches. Flushing, hot feeling. Took 9 months before we saw improvement but I was also on budesonide which might have been the cause of the improvement. Unfortunately it just doesn't seem worth it. I've heard better results for UC patients."

Theo7882 October 20, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "I thought Entyvio might have been the next best treatment, after I could no longer take Remicade and Humira. I started the injections in May and my ears started to bleed a week after the injection. After a month on the medication I have full body itching. Lastly, after five months on the medication I am also sneezing have patches of dark red angry rashes that are the size of a silver dollar. I would highly recommend close observation on this medication and speak to your doctor right away when any of these side effects occur. In my case they are only increasing with more exposure."

Dorkette (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "I have been on Entyvio for 13 months. It doesn't seem to be helping the diarrhea or urgency. I am fatigued, all the time. I am having LOTS of joint pain and weakness (fingers, wrists, toes, ankles, knees.) I trip/fall because my ankles roll, I drop things because my fingers won't keep a grasp. I have been tested for RA - negative. I don't think it is working, but my GI wants to try infusing every 4 weeks instead of every 8 weeks. To me Entyvio is not worth the side effects."

Fryertuck September 4, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "I have been on it for a little over 1 year.My crohns is better but I now have Severe Liver disease.I had a ct scan 10 months ago with mild fatty liver.A recent ct scan revealed Severe Liver disease.I am so annoyed! Be sure to ask questions and do your research.I would have rather lived with crohns than with a ruined liver!"

Tortoise Tom (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "I have not been on it long enough. But it did control my diarrhea, not the pain. I was told because of my new diagnosis of Irritable Bowl Syndrome along with the Crohn's Disease, they are stopping the infusions to see if the pain is not a side effect from it. This is all I know about it so far. I hope this helps a little."

CaseyLee November 13, 2015