Does Entyvio cause weight gain?
Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD. Last updated on April 17, 2020.
Weight gain was not reported as a side effect of Entyvio in clinical trials conducted by the manufacturer. However, when gastrointestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis improve, patients who have previously lost weight may gain some weight as their illness improves.
The most common side effects of Entvio include:
- the common cold
- joint pain
- infections of the nose and throat
- feeling tired
- back pain
- sinus infection
- throat pain
- pain in extremities, such as your arms or legs.
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Entyvio (vedolizumab) prescribing information. Deerfield, IL; March 2020. https://general.takedapharm.com/ENTYVIOPI
Related Medical Questions
- How long does it take Entyvio to start working?
- Will I lose weight with Entyvio?
- How long does an Entyvio infusion take?
- Is Entyvio an immunosuppressant or a biologic?
- How much does Entyvio cost per month?
- Can I take antibiotics while on Entyvio?
- Entyvio Information for Consumers
- Entyvio Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Entyvio (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Entyvio (9 questions, 27 members)