Will I lose weight with Entyvio?
Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD. Last updated on April 17, 2020.
Weight loss is not reported as a side effect of Entyvio in clinical trials conducted by the drug manufacturer. However, gastrointestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis can frequently lead to diarrhea, stomach cramps, and a loss of appetite which can result in unintentional weight loss.
Entyvio can also cause liver problems in some people. Liver problems might lead to a loss of appetite, which in turn could lead to weight loss. Tell your doctor right away if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- loss of appetite,
- pain on the right side of your stomach (abdomen)
- dark urine
- yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice).
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Entyvio (vedolizumab) prescribing information. Deerfield, IL; March 2020. https://general.takedapharm.com/ENTYVIOPI
Related Medical Questions
- How long does it take Entyvio to start working?
- Does Entyvio cause weight gain?
- How long does an Entyvio infusion take?
- Is Entyvio an immunosuppressant or a biologic?
- How much does Entyvio cost per month?
- Can I take antibiotics while on Entyvio?
- Entyvio Information for Consumers
- Entyvio Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Entyvio (detailed)