Is Entyvio used to treat Crohn’s disease?
Entyvio may be used to treat moderately to severely active Crohn's disease (CD) in adults. It helps to control inflammation in the gut when other medications for CD have not worked well enough or have side effects that are difficult for the person with CD to tolerate.
In patients with Crohn’s disease, 15% of those receiving Entyvio in 2 studies were in remission at 6 weeks, compared to 7% and 12% on placebo. Only one study was found to be statistically significant.
In a follow-up study of people who had previously responded to Entyvio in a previous trial, 39% were in clinical remission at week 52 and 44% had a clinical response by week 52. Of those who had previously been prescribed corticosteroids, 32% were now corticosteroid-free.
Individual results may vary. Not every patient will respond to Entyvio.
- Entyvio (vedolizumab) Injection. Updated 08/2021.Takeda Pharmaceuticals America, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/entyvio-injection.html
Related medical questions
- How long does it take Entyvio to start working?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking Entyvio?
- Entyvio and the COVID vaccine, what should I know?
- Does Entyvio cause weight gain?
- Does Entyvio increase the risk of cancer?
- Does Entyvio cause joint pain?
- Can Entyvio be given at home?
- Will I lose weight with Entyvio?
- How long does an Entyvio infusion take?
- Is Entyvio used to treat ulcerative colitis?
- How is Entyvio administered?
- Entyvio Information for Consumers
- Entyvio prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Entyvio (detailed)