User Reviews for Humira

6.5
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Humira reviews 292 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Humira

For Psoriasis "Psoriasis since 16 now 26 and tried everything! Humira was great it changed my life for better and with no major issues. If anything it made me lose weight. It lasted like almost 3 years. Obviously it's like any other treatments."

pebbles1470 August 25, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have had Crohn's for over 16 years. I started taking Pentasa and Prednisone for 3 years and then moved onto Remicade for 6 yrs until I developed a resistencia to it. I now have been on Humeria for 7 yrs and rate it a 8-9. The first 5 yrs was awesome! Small side effects like a few light infections in my eyes, athlete's foot, acne, and one time head rash (2 weeks) all had been good. The last 6 months have been a bit tougher. I have gotten some stomach pain back and had a few episodes so had to add Prednisone again. The theory is I am either developing a resistance to it like Remicaid or just need a higher dosage. I take a shot every 2 weeks and might need 2 pens. I am a big guy 6'4" 250lbs. The pen pinches a little nothing to stop anyone!"

Jim Donnelly August 19, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I suffered from psoriasis for about 5 years and then started with severe pain in my fingers, then my wrist, elbows, shoulders, knees, and finally my toes. I had no idea what was wrong with me and I literally thought I was dying. I was only 46 years old. I was finally diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I started Humira and within 2 weeks I was pain free and have been since. I have been on Humira for over 2 years now. I have not suffered from any side effects at all. Humira also cleared up my skin about 90%, and the only symptom I still have from the PA is the fatigue. Before Humira I could not throw football with my kids or catch a football I was in so much pain, now I can throw ball, ride bike, play basketball whatever I want to do."

Analogkidd August 12, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on drug for about 6 months and had no side effects besides pain during drug injection. My plaque psoriasis completely disappeared within the first 6 weeks and continued to do so until about 6 months later. No rhyme or reason, but it stopped working and I'm in the WORST FLAIR of my life. I've never had any issues with my hands or feet, but now that's my troubled spots. My hands and feet are severely dry and peeling and the pain and itch is horrific. I'm using all the medicated ointments and creams that my Dermatologist has prescribed, along with a new biologic Stelara, and nothing has stopped the flair. I wrap my feet in Saran Wrap to help hold the moisture and medication in, and do the same with my hands with gloves. HELP!"

Anonymous August 9, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have been on this medicine for three months. At the two-month point I was almost completely cleared. I am now back to being covered at 85% of my body."

Rene07 August 6, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've had JRA since I was 2 years old. I started Humira 5 years ago. Worked great. Called it my miracle drug. Just this week I was diagnosed with Lymphoma. I suggest staying away from this product."

Hard to believe (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Lost 20 pounds and was feeling terrible. Then I was diagnosed with Crohn's and now I take Humara and it has brought my weight up to normal and i've been in remission ever since!"

b-rad7122 August 4, 2016

For Psoriasis "Humira caused me to have Cardiac Arrest. Do not take this med. If there is anything else you can try, do it. This lowered my immune system so that a "Virus" could attack my heart. I am lucky to be alive!!!"

Killed Me!!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis ""I've been taking humira for over 8 years for severe rheumatoid arthritis. One 40 mg pen shot every 2 weeks. It's worked wonders on my arthritis. I love it cause no methotrexate Or plaquenil . Some side effects like cold sores like three times a year. After all this years, its effects started to slow down, so my Dr switch me to another new drug Xeli and OMG suffered horrible side effects. I went back to my Dr who got me back on Humira. Again, My life is back to almost normal and when pain kind of appears I take prednisone 5mg for around a week that stops it. I won't leave Humira at less it doesn't work that all. The other drug that I took by mouth everyday for three months almost destroyed my stomach. This is inyected every two weeks."

FamG August 1, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Humira has been amazing in treating my severe Crohn's. I used to suffer almost every time I'd eaten 7 days/week or unprovoked but now it's gone down to only once or twice. The only reason I'd rate it 9 instead of ten is because the initial injection burns very badly (the medication, not the needle) and can interrupt my day for an hour or so. The pain is worth the long term result. I highly recommend going for it if the option has been made available to you. I have two family members who use it too, one for Crohn's and one for arthritis and it's given them great success as well :)"

Nicole MK July 28, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Denny 56, very happy to hear it is helping you and your doing better.From my experience please watch your breathing and night sweats very closely.Get checked out asap if these happen to you.This is how all my problems started.Just trying to help with a heads up on this, and I hope it works out for you. Another 50 something male with RA."

Hum no (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Humira injections for one full year. My psoriasis completely cleared after three months however I did develop a couple of side effects. The first one came when I started having trouble with my left knee. I had been administrating the medicine in my thighs, alternating each thigh as instructed, but developed tendinitis. I couldn't admin the injection into my stomach due to severe scarring so I my only option were my thighs. It seemed to subside after the 6th month. During my 8th month on humira I noticed terrible stomach pains. I gained 15 pounds in only 8 months and started having gallbladder attacks. A few months later, I discontinued my humira and haven't had anymore digestive problems. Psoriasis is back with a vengeance though"

Nicole563737 July 22, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had exactly the same thing happen to me as jayall and jall did.No breathing problems or skin problems prior, but on my seventh injection I got deathly ill with pneumonia,2 weeks in hospital with different antibiotics and antifungal. Had lung fluid drained , now have scar tissue and copd and psoriasis.Was and still on methotrexate and plaqunil and Orencia IV now.Joint pain not better after six months IV ,just upped IV dosage hoping for some relief. Humira Made things extremely worse for me but may work for others."

Hum no (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2016

For Psoriasis "I've had severe psoriasis since I was about 10 (18 now). It covered my entire torso, back, scalp, forehead, and arms. I literally tried EVERYTHING but found things worked for a very short period before it just all came back. Originally I was on enbrel but I really couldn't handle the pain of the injections, so I couldn't keep taking them regularly and so eventually they stopped working. Humira for me, although still painful, was much more bearable than enbrel. It took a couple of months to work but now my skin is completely clear and I've never been happier. Of course, the down side is that if it continues to work I'll be having the injection for the rest of my life, but for me this is a small price to pay for the amazing results it's given"

H1998 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "very effective, so far no side effects hope to stay like this forever. love it. hope it helps all with Psoriasis out there."

pdeva July 17, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have had Psoriasis for 32 long years on scalp, knees, elbows, back, sides, rear end area and have tried all the prescription creams and steroid injections, salt water and all the home remedies. Some helped but never got down below 20% coverage. The past 2 years I have had psoriatic arthritis in my toes, elbows, back, hips and neck. On 24 June 2016 I injected myself with Humira, within 2 days my pain throughout my body had gone down to a pain level of 1 to 2 from an 8 on a scale of 10. I have not seen anything like it !!!! I have taken my second dose and the pain level is around 1. I was blaming my pain and stiffness on old age, I feel like I better than I have in 20 years. My psoriasis have lost all the scale and are smooth."

DENNY, AGE 56 (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

For Psoriasis "I am a 53 year old male and have had extreme psoriasis since i was 21 years old, Humira has improved my life so much i have been taking this medicine for 3 months with little side affects as far as i can see. i have been on holiday and for the first time , as long as i can recall, i have not felt ashamed to be by a pool and taking some sun in "GREAT feeling""

E Casey July 4, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "This medication has been a miracle for me. After loading dose, by day 5 it was like a light switch was toggled. I've been 95% better and feel normal again for first time in 15 years (I'm 36). Nothing else worked and I was miserable with low quality of life. I still have to change my automatic way of thinking: scouting out nearest bathrooms, foregoing meals before social events, etc. I'm gradually branching out from my safe foods list (very small by the time I started Humira). The only side effect had been more severe allergies than usual and a few headaches here and there. The shots are extremely painful for me, but 10-15 seconds of extreme discomfort for 15 Crohn's-free days seems like a very fair trade. So thankful for this medication."

BMan1979 (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Severe back pain while sleeping started over a year ago... Assumed it was work related, so I started looking for a new job. Then the foot/ankle pain and joint swelling came. I was in terrible pain and could barely walk around at my new job. Finally after seeing seeing my pcp multiple times, I went to ortho. She referred my to a rheumatologist. I thought I was a healthy 30+ year old, but after 6 months of blood tests, X-Ray's mri's and multiple follow ups... I now have the official diagnosis. I noticed an immediate difference as soon as I took Humira. I have had 3 doses And symptoms are gone... Although my feet get sore just as I'm due for the next treatment. I'm worried about the long term side effects, but for now just happy without pain."

RN with ankylosing spondylitis (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Saved my life. Saved my mariage. Had Psoriasis and P. arthritis since grade school. Covered me from head to toe 80% Started Humira at 41. Been on it now for over 3 years. The only side effects I notice is that my shoulder no longer has me crying in tears over the pain and my Psoriasis is gone. Totally gone. Strangely however, in the past year and half the areas I once had persisrant Psoriasis have now turned into freckled pacthes. Some if the freckles are fairly dark. But I'll take some freckles over the he'll I lI've with most my life and make the choice to start Humira all over again. Saved me for sure. Don't even know what I would do if I lost my Humira. Shots are no big deal."

Motchoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I've been on humira for almost 2 years. I feel it works pretty well, I do notice some joint pain before it rains, and the day before my shot, but my doctor says that can be due to damage already done. For anyone considering starting it, my experience was this, I typically have plaque psoriasis on my scalp and knees, when I first started the shots I had an itchy 2-3 day rash at the injection site (This my doctor resolved by having me ice the shot site first, I recommend this to everyone) I also had guttate psoriasis spread over my thighs and sides, which thankfully went away as I said after 4 months, it was painful and snagged on my clothes, it would have been a deal breaker if it didn't go away, but it did thankfully."

K'nick June 17, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "Have been taking humira for my severe ulcerative colitis since 2013. This drug has worked wonders for me I sometimes forget I have colitis. Only side affects I've seen are sensitivity to the sun and recurring infections...would take that over spending the day in the bathroom."

Mnm15d (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "For Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was diagnosed since 2011, nothing works well. Till I am allowed Humira 40MG. pen + 20 mg. of Methotrexate every 2 weeks. Humira works over night, none of the side effects. I am back to my perfect self again. Now I am waiting for another shoe to drop; medications stop working, insurance stop covering, liver funk out etc."

imjustagirl June 10, 2016

For Psoriasis "I was on Humira for maybe 6 months. It was amazing how my psoriasis was disappearing before my eyes. A couple months in I began to become unstable when standing. I used handrails and the kids as a crutch. Eventually that wasn't enough I needed my husband and soon after a Cain. I had to teach myself how to walk again with physical therapy it took 30 minutes just to walk three houses down and back. I went back to the Dr who said in rare cases it can cause MS like symptoms and I was very saddened to be removed from this medicine. Within weeks I was back to normal. But here's the kicker I had plaque psoriasis on about 30 percent of my body when I started Humira. 2 yrs later I am covered in about 90 percent n it has this since age 11! SAD!!"

love hate Humira (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been taking humira for two years for severe rheumatoid arthritis. One 40 mg shot a week. It's worked wonders on my arthritis. I also take 15 mg methotrexate once a week. No side effects except for extreme mood swings from extreme anger to laughing so hard I'd be in tears. I thought I was going crazy until I saw comments from other people taking humira with similar side effects. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences .I'm not nuts after all."

Anonymous May 27, 2016