User Reviews for Humira

1 review 81 medications
Summary of Humira reviews 6.8 499 reviews

Reviews for Humira

Allie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "My wife was put on humira for HS. She was taking for two months when she started to get what looked like ant bites on her hands and feet. The nurse practitioner who put her on Humira said that wasn't from Humira so she kept taking it but after her next dose it exploded and got way worse. So after doing some research myself I found out pustular psoriasis was one of the rare side effects. Here we are two months after stopping taking it and she's got all kinds of skin issues like contact dermatitis, severe pustular psoriasis which is only being controlled by steroids. She has lost 50% of her hair. Humira has ruined our lives."

John July 5, 2019

For Crohn's Disease "I have ulcerative colitis and Crohns and have an ileostomy bag. Humira saved my life. I was so skeptical at first from the possible side effects. I only had some red patches and swelling after that shot but it cured my abscess after a few weeks. I used Humira for a year or so and asked my doctor if I could stop since I felt good. I have not been on Humira for a year and have had no abscess or symptoms."

EB · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2019

For Psoriasis "I fully believe this is a wonderful drug for psoriasis, Crohn's and other diseases; however, it isn't helping me! I have had psoriasis for over 10 years. I was prescriped Humira and was so excited that I would finally get this under control. The first two weeks, my psoriasis seemed to be getting a little better. I was very hopeful. Unfortunately, after the first two weeks, my psoriasis got worse! Everything flared up, scales everywhere and itching like mad. At my 1 month checkup my Doctor told me to continue the medicine and use Enstilar to get it under control. By month 2 I was ready to give up on this medicine. I will be asking my Doctor at my appointment to switch me. This is just my story with Humira but I still feel it is a great medicine for some, just not me. :("

Ang June 30, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis "I've been on different forms of mesalamine for years, in addition to prednisone. I've been fighting to get off the steroids for the past two years, but it's been a losing battle. My doctor recommended Humira. After the initial dose, I felt great. I took my second dose little over a week ago. My BMs haven't been great this week, and I saw some blood, but I'm once again seeming off the 'roids, so I blamed that. A few days after my last dose, I started feeling extremely lethargic and depressed. I've had a low-grade fever for days. On top of that, headaches that easily become migraines. If it was just that, I might have just chalked it up to coming off the prednisone, but the worst side-effect is that my memory has been alarmingly bad. Now that I'm doing more research on the drug, I'm regretting trusting my doctor and not getting the facts myself. I'm not planning on taking the next dose."

Jason davies June 24, 2019

For Psoriasis "Humira has changed my life I started from the beginning when it all kicked off the only worry I got is now at the moment I’m suffering from a tight throat pains an numbness up my side also felt something burst in side ( hip to groin ) I’ve tried asking for help with this at my doctors and the Humira after care team and all I get is "in two weeks we can see you" . Before I started this my Doctor said to me "if there’s any problems pick up the phone" and I believed him. But as for after care now since he’s left everything up to me. I’m worried it is the first time I’ve rang with a problem I can't handle and they tell me to hold on for two weeks. I'm having a good and bad experience, so I've decided to price up private to try and see if I can get the help I need that way"

Humira hell · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 21, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was on Humira for 12 months before being hospitalized with a serious opportunistic infection caused by Humira. At the same time I developed 3 types of psoriasis which a dermatologist has confirmed in writing is a paradoxical medical condition caused by Humira. As a result I have lost 50 percent of my hair as the scalp psoriasis is so bad. It is also difficult to walk due to severe pustula psoriasis on the soles of my feet. I am a 48 year old female and this drug has been devastating for me. Please think very carefully before taking this awful drug as the potential side effects are horrific."

Ever Hopeful · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "It had little effect on my psoriasis and pain."

A · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 12, 2019

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "I have had Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) for close to seven years. I tried Humira for about eight months, and discontinued it with doctor approval when we all agreed it wasn't working. It had no effect whatsoever. In fact, the only things that have given me any relief are anti-fungal medications Specifically, Nystatin oral suspension, I don't know why it works for Hidradenitis Suppurativa , just know that it does."

Margiepeg · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2019

For Uveitis "I took Humira for six months for panuveitis and developed itchy lesions on my trunk and arms. Biopsies and blood tests determined that the lesions were a drug induced lupus rash so I no longer take Humira."

adacol · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis "Humira had ZERO effect on my Ulcerative Colitis (UC)"

Jodi H. · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with RA (rheumatoid arthritis) about 4 years ago and my rheumatologist started me on Xeljanz and it was a miracle drug. I was 100% pain free. Unfortunately after a few years it wasn’t working anymore and she decided to start me on Humira and Methotrexate which isn’t doing anything for me. I’ve been on the Humira and Methotrexate for about 2 months now and I’m so discouraged because I’m not getting any relief at all. My feet are swollen, burning, and I can hardly walk. I think I’m going to continue this for another month and if nothing I’m going to talk to my doctor about a different medication."

Bosh · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Diagnosed with RA at 22yrs. Started with Plaquenil, it helped for a year then we added methotrexate. Took some time to get the dose right due to nausea. That combo helped for about 2 years. Then added Enbrel. Added Meloxicam. Prednisone as needed for the worst flareups. After serious ulcers I stopped the meloxicam and prednisone as they both increase changes of getting ulcers. Enbrel only worked for 1.5yrs. Just switched to Humira, still taking plaquenil and methotrexate. I prefer the syringes to the pens. Some relief in the first week, hoping it works for more than a year or two. Many illnesses due to the compromised immune system, and extreme fatigue, but my RA is so severe I am fully disabled without these meds. I hope I can find one that will last a little longer. With the Humira support card, I have not had to pay for this drug."

Lindy · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 24, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "HUMIRA has worked great for 4 years. Dr prescribed New Citrate free HUMIRA, been on it for 2 1/2 months. My hands are weak again, my feet hurt/burn again, I’m tired and cold all the time. I’m calling Dr to ask for script for original humira. I’ll take the little pain of original over the not helping citrate free."

Vod · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 12, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have been on weekly doses of Humira for 5 years now. My Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is very much under control. People need to realize that not all drugs work for everyone. I am lucky Humira has worked for me. The only side effects I have are constant runny nose, mild stomach aches and minor joint pain, which can actually be from the U.C and not necessarily the Humira. For those that find the injections painful, I suggest you let the pen warm up for 20 minutes before you do your injection. I don't like taking any meds, but when you have no options, being on Humira is a much better than having severe U.C. symptoms all day and night."

sadie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2019

For Crohn's Disease, Acute "My hair was falling out soon after the Humira injections and I had frequent nose bleeds. My Dr. changed to Remicade and no more hair loss. I have Crohns in remission but this new med has helped my back problem more than anything. No Humira for me!!!!"

jrock · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 7, 2019

For Psoriasis "When I was 29 I noticed a rash on my groin that grew slowly. Doctors prescribed topical antibiotics. Self medicated with OTC cortisone for almost 10 yrs. Then rashes began spreading to other areas of my body. Managed for a bit with cortisone creams, coal tar, etc. At that point I was pretty sure it was psoriasis. At 38 I finally went to a dermatologist and he confirmed. Started me on tacrolimus/pimecrolimus for sensitive areas and topical steroids for all others. That helped keep the scaling from being too bad, but plaques continued to spread. He upped the strength of the topical steroids to no avail. Finally, at 40 yrs old, doctor prescribed Humira and I had 100% clearance within 3 months. Unfortunately, the plaques are beginning to appear again. Doctor said to start with topical steroids again. I may ask to try another biologic with a different target like IL-17 or IL-23 (Taltz, Cosentyx or Stelara) before I become completely resistant to TNF blockers."

Familyguydad March 7, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis "Humira is absolutely horrendous Humira created a life of hell for me the psychological issues like aggression, anger, anxiety, depression were out of control add the torture of crippling joint pain in places never experienced before making life unbearable. This all started within weeks of starting humira and didn't stop until I stopped injecting this drug. You don't notice the slow onset of psychological problems until others tell you have been completely out of control like a different person. The physical pain never lets you forget that's happening. It's easy to keep telling yourself that your illness is getting worse when the reality is that your medication is causing more problems than its curing."

Beck · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 6, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis "I am 50 years old and have had UC since I was in my late 20's. I was on Remicade from 2006-2014 when it just stopped helping my symptoms. I have been hospitalized many times for UC and on the Remicade, when it was working it was wonderful. In early 2014 my symptoms returned and I felt horrible for months and that is when my Doctor prescribed Humira 40mg. every other week. I started in July of 2014 and have had NO UC symptoms at all. It has been a lifesaver. I have to have a colonoscopy every 2 years due to my UC and my last one in Jan. 2017 showed NO signs of the UC...Doc said best scan I have had in 10 years. Humira is so worth it and much easier than Remicade."

VRP · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 4, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My Father started Humira and within 7 months was diagnosed with Lymphoma (cancer). He had an abdominal CT prior to starting Humira and there was no growth or mass. A CT scan was done 7 months after starting Humira and he had a massive abdominal growth and diagnosed with Large B Cell diffuse Lymphoma. His Rheumotologist and Oncologist both said to stop the Humira immediately and his Lymphoma was caused by Humira. He is currently on Hospice. Please be advised that Humira absolutely does cause Lymphoma in many people and is a dangerous medication."

Q · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 2, 2019

For Psoriasis "I have been on this drug for close to 8 years now. Humira has done a fantastic job for me. Personally, when I began I was at close to 40% coverage on my body with countless tiny spots almost everywhere. Within 4 months, I was down to only quarter sized spots on my knees and elbows. Currently I only have one very small spot on one knee. It has been a fantastic drug."

Gogo · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 1, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "It seems like it is helping! When I tried to cut down to an injection once every three weeks my symptoms seemed to increase. Consequently, I went back to injecting once every two weeks. I am also on leflunomide, Low dose naltrexone And eat healthy."

Rose February 27, 2019

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "My son has crohns was on inflaxmab but developed antibodies,started humira after the second dose saw improvement right away. Symptoms have nearly all gone we are seeing the changes daily."

Howard · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 5, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had sudden onset acute rheumatoid arthritis at age 58. Severe pain, swelling, unable to work or do much of anything. Rheumatologist put me on Humira after trying various other therapies. Was taking Methotrexate, but that started causing chest pain. The Humira was like magic for a while - the pain was much diminished. I was able to go back to work and resume very active lifestyle. After about 1 1/2 years, the side effects started. Rash at first, then a plaque-like rash with sloughing skin (which is still spreading) on my head, hands. Then boils started - very large, very slow to heal. I have to stop taking it - it is killing my immune system. Really not sure how much damage has been done to my body from this drug. There are significant risks to this drug."

Em January 30, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis "I usually would have a mild flare once a year. 2018 was the worst year for me EVER. I was so sick so I was originally put on remicade... I had lots of side effects and eventually built up antibodies. Then I started Humira <3 I do the pen! The shots don’t hurt at all (I do them in my stomach) I take 40mgs every two weeks. I’ve been on humira for a few months and I can say I’m 100% UC symptom free!!! Which I’ve never been able to 100% say before. Thank you Humira for saving my colon and giving me my life back!!!"

CB January 28, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "18 yrs old; diagnosed with JRA in Jan. 2018. Take 6 pills of Methotrexate every week, one Humira shot every 2 weeks. Not the healthiest eater, notice when I do eat healthy major differences in effects. Take medications every Saturday night to sleep off pain. When I didn't care about diet I felt extreme effects of a headache and pain in the stomach. Noticed that if I eat a lot of food that day my effects aren't bad. Watch your diet !! With Humira the first few months I noticed pain went away. Was so happy, now I think that it isn't helping anymore. Feet still ache because of cold weather but the first few months I had no pain. I read reviews and the mention of tinnitus comes a lot. I thought ears may ring/hum because wearing earbuds but starting to believe that it may be caused by Humira. My doc told me I may need to take another med or Humira every week. After one year I shouldn't be given more medication but instead see improvements."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)