User Reviews for Humira

6.5
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Humira reviews 303 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Humira

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have been on Humira since 2011- It takes care of my psoriasis and ulcerative colitis. I can actually have a life thanks to Humira. Before I used to take cortisone shots into my psoriasis every few months with steroid creams. I also used to be on the toilet all the time. I was hospitalized in 2010 because I had a fever with a bleeding diarrhea. I lost much blood and the fever would not go away. I finally got back on my feet. Since then I run 5-6 times a week and squeeze lemon juice after runs. I have had no infection or colds in years and Im on Humira. I also do not eat fast food much anymore and cook for myself. I understand there are some risks with this drug so be careful. I am thankful to the universe bc so far so good. thanks Humira"

howie feltersnatch (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 23, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have been a Crohn's sufferer since I was 18, I'm now 47. I have had two bowel resections, multiple blockages and bowel symptoms that left me house bound for days at a time. I have been on Prednisone so much that I have maxed out the lifetime exposure limit, have tried Methotrexate (nausea+++), Pentasa (no change) and Remicade (serum reaction). I have been on Humira now for over 8 years and aside from a few minor flare-ups, I have a life back. Bless all of the programs and benefit companies that have recognized that this medication has restored some people to being productive once again."

TNPMEDIC (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 22, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was put on Humira when I was 25 and I am now currently 31. The first thing I noticed was that it cleared up my plaque psoriasis very quickly. My nails and scalp looked normal within 3-4 weeks. I have PsA in my spine, ankles, knees and hands. I was having trouble walking and experienced chronic fatigue which caused me to gain 20 lbs very quickly. I would fall asleep from exhaustion after getting myself showered and dressed. After the Humira took effect I had my energy back. I could exercise again and I was back to doing the things I enjoyed. I still experience flare ups (mostly due to stress) and I still have difficulty sitting for long periods of time, but this drug was life changing. Vicodin helps me with the flare ups."

Sparksfly (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 21, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "My first injection was friday. By sunday morning i felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt no pain. NONE! As someone that is on their feet for 12 hours a day, i cant believe i can come home and play with my daughter again without wincing in pain and struggling to function after 7pm. This is a miracle. The price of this drug is frustrating and i hope that may change over time, but if that is the price to pay to feel well, ill deal with it. I hope this was informative."

Rob3291 September 19, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have severe RA plus Psoriatic Arthritis plus Asthma plus osteoarthritis plus osteoporosis and I just turned 60. I have severe allergies to anti inflammatories and have had my RA for 30 years. Right now I am on Humara ( can't take methotrexate) and have been for 10 years. Humara really helped at one time but just doesn't work for me anymore. I am in an intense flair that just won't stop we tried Xeljan but my sensitive stomach said no more. I was glad to use the Humara even if I did hold my breath when it came to side effects, nothing major happened but I miss my thick hair."

Ndn September 19, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "I Have UC for almost 3 years now and now start having RA. Start using Humira 02.09.2016. My UC feels like it clear up totely... Fingers Cross. Now I am hoping and believing it will help with RA. I had now 6 Injections and Luckely no side effects.."

Ceciliaf September 16, 2016

For Psoriasis "I was initially prescribed Enbrel but my insurance company denied it. They did, however, approve Humira. I wasn't sure what to expect with having never used a biologic but all I can say is wow! After 25yrs of scalp coverage, nail pitting/damage and typical skin plaques, I am absolutely thrilled with this drug. After 3 weeks, I am 95% clearer than I was beforehand and my joints feel 15yrs younger. Side effects? I've had exactly zero except for the cathartic release of happiness with the feeling of happiness that I'm almost 100% normal. Thank you abbvie!!!!!!!!!"

Lee6366 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "Went on this medication. Significantly helped my Crohn's but now I am sick all the time with strep throat, whooping cough or what ever else the wind blows in. This plus Crohn's ... my weight is falling like a stone. Registered myself DNR"

Holisticsuperwoman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "This medication is a nightmare!! Ive gotten 2nd degree burns and barely fighting for Life today!! Horrible horrible stuff!! Not worth ur life!!"

Jeena001 September 4, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Continuing from my last post, Humira put me into 15 mths of remission bliss, no pain and no meds. I knew this remission would be short lived (but hell was it worth it!) and now my RA is slowly starting to creep back up on me again. I will be going back on Humira right away to combat this littler monster of a disease before it comes at me full force. Although I am scared of the long term side effects, there are many other contributing factors to these horror stories that we hear about when complications are involved. I have read up on starting hot yoga, acupuncture, auto-immune focused eating,etc. The biggest and most important thing we all have to do is try our best at keeping our bodies from getting infections and viruses. Good luck to all"

Kim7171 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My mother was taking this drug twice monthly. She had been on it once before for aut 2 years and had great results. She had to stop because of an operation. Later on her arthritis caused so much pain and she requested this medicine again. She took it again for 3 months and was so happy to be able to get around. She then got scratched by her dog, took the shot and by the next morning she had a 104 fever and infection spread throughout her body. She went into a coma state and never came out of it. She died from septic shock 6 days later. Use with extreme caution. Do not use if you even get a scratch or sore as it lowers your immune system and may cause death from an infection."

Anonymous August 27, 2016

For Psoriasis "Psoriasis since 16 now 26 and tried everything! Humira was great it changed my life for better and with no major issues. If anything it made me lose weight. It lasted like almost 3 years. Obviously it's like any other treatments."

pebbles1470 August 25, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have had Crohn's for over 16 years. I started taking Pentasa and Prednisone for 3 years and then moved onto Remicade for 6 yrs until I developed a resistencia to it. I now have been on Humeria for 7 yrs and rate it a 8-9. The first 5 yrs was awesome! Small side effects like a few light infections in my eyes, athlete's foot, acne, and one time head rash (2 weeks) all had been good. The last 6 months have been a bit tougher. I have gotten some stomach pain back and had a few episodes so had to add Prednisone again. The theory is I am either developing a resistance to it like Remicaid or just need a higher dosage. I take a shot every 2 weeks and might need 2 pens. I am a big guy 6'4" 250lbs. The pen pinches a little nothing to stop anyone!"

Jim Donnelly August 19, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I suffered from psoriasis for about 5 years and then started with severe pain in my fingers, then my wrist, elbows, shoulders, knees, and finally my toes. I had no idea what was wrong with me and I literally thought I was dying. I was only 46 years old. I was finally diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I started Humira and within 2 weeks I was pain free and have been since. I have been on Humira for over 2 years now. I have not suffered from any side effects at all. Humira also cleared up my skin about 90%, and the only symptom I still have from the PA is the fatigue. Before Humira I could not throw football with my kids or catch a football I was in so much pain, now I can throw ball, ride bike, play basketball whatever I want to do."

Analogkidd August 12, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on drug for about 6 months and had no side effects besides pain during drug injection. My plaque psoriasis completely disappeared within the first 6 weeks and continued to do so until about 6 months later. No rhyme or reason, but it stopped working and I'm in the WORST FLAIR of my life. I've never had any issues with my hands or feet, but now that's my troubled spots. My hands and feet are severely dry and peeling and the pain and itch is horrific. I'm using all the medicated ointments and creams that my Dermatologist has prescribed, along with a new biologic Stelara, and nothing has stopped the flair. I wrap my feet in Saran Wrap to help hold the moisture and medication in, and do the same with my hands with gloves. HELP!"

Anonymous August 9, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have been on this medicine for three months. At the two-month point I was almost completely cleared. I am now back to being covered at 85% of my body."

Rene07 August 6, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've had JRA since I was 2 years old. I started Humira 5 years ago. Worked great. Called it my miracle drug. Just this week I was diagnosed with Lymphoma. I suggest staying away from this product."

Hard to believe (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Lost 20 pounds and was feeling terrible. Then I was diagnosed with Crohn's and now I take Humara and it has brought my weight up to normal and i've been in remission ever since!"

b-rad7122 August 4, 2016

For Psoriasis "Humira caused me to have Cardiac Arrest. Do not take this med. If there is anything else you can try, do it. This lowered my immune system so that a "Virus" could attack my heart. I am lucky to be alive!!!"

Killed Me!!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis ""I've been taking humira for over 8 years for severe rheumatoid arthritis. One 40 mg pen shot every 2 weeks. It's worked wonders on my arthritis. I love it cause no methotrexate Or plaquenil . Some side effects like cold sores like three times a year. After all this years, its effects started to slow down, so my Dr switch me to another new drug Xeli and OMG suffered horrible side effects. I went back to my Dr who got me back on Humira. Again, My life is back to almost normal and when pain kind of appears I take prednisone 5mg for around a week that stops it. I won't leave Humira at less it doesn't work that all. The other drug that I took by mouth everyday for three months almost destroyed my stomach. This is inyected every two weeks."

FamG August 1, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Humira has been amazing in treating my severe Crohn's. I used to suffer almost every time I'd eaten 7 days/week or unprovoked but now it's gone down to only once or twice. The only reason I'd rate it 9 instead of ten is because the initial injection burns very badly (the medication, not the needle) and can interrupt my day for an hour or so. The pain is worth the long term result. I highly recommend going for it if the option has been made available to you. I have two family members who use it too, one for Crohn's and one for arthritis and it's given them great success as well :)"

Nicole MK July 28, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Denny 56, very happy to hear it is helping you and your doing better.From my experience please watch your breathing and night sweats very closely.Get checked out asap if these happen to you.This is how all my problems started.Just trying to help with a heads up on this, and I hope it works out for you. Another 50 something male with RA."

Hum no (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Humira injections for one full year. My psoriasis completely cleared after three months however I did develop a couple of side effects. The first one came when I started having trouble with my left knee. I had been administrating the medicine in my thighs, alternating each thigh as instructed, but developed tendinitis. I couldn't admin the injection into my stomach due to severe scarring so I my only option were my thighs. It seemed to subside after the 6th month. During my 8th month on humira I noticed terrible stomach pains. I gained 15 pounds in only 8 months and started having gallbladder attacks. A few months later, I discontinued my humira and haven't had anymore digestive problems. Psoriasis is back with a vengeance though"

Nicole563737 July 22, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had exactly the same thing happen to me as jayall and jall did.No breathing problems or skin problems prior, but on my seventh injection I got deathly ill with pneumonia,2 weeks in hospital with different antibiotics and antifungal. Had lung fluid drained , now have scar tissue and copd and psoriasis.Was and still on methotrexate and plaqunil and Orencia IV now.Joint pain not better after six months IV ,just upped IV dosage hoping for some relief. Humira Made things extremely worse for me but may work for others."

Hum no (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2016

For Psoriasis "I've had severe psoriasis since I was about 10 (18 now). It covered my entire torso, back, scalp, forehead, and arms. I literally tried EVERYTHING but found things worked for a very short period before it just all came back. Originally I was on enbrel but I really couldn't handle the pain of the injections, so I couldn't keep taking them regularly and so eventually they stopped working. Humira for me, although still painful, was much more bearable than enbrel. It took a couple of months to work but now my skin is completely clear and I've never been happier. Of course, the down side is that if it continues to work I'll be having the injection for the rest of my life, but for me this is a small price to pay for the amazing results it's given"

H1998 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2016