User Reviews for Humira

5.9

Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Summary of Humira reviews 7.1 429 reviews

Reviews for Humira

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Took humira for AS and it worked great the first month and my pain went down to a 1. By month 6, I had contracted klebsiella pneumonia from my lowered immune system from this drug and a subsequent systemic candida infection. That was 10 years ago and I still have severe systemic candida from this poison. Nothing has helped...antifungals work but only temporarily because Humira permanently changed my immune system. I am now on permanent disability because of having to cope with both my original illness as well as the devastating effects from this DNA altering drug. People...Abbotts labs does not care about you...only their bottom line and making billions. Humira is now black labeled meaning you take it at your own risk and Abbott labs will not be responsible if you get infections or cancer from it because you were warned by their label...."

Neo July 15, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Very painful to inject. Doesn’t seem too effective. Many times the medication just spills out instead of injecting. Poor overall."

Buck (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "My husband was in humira for just over a year. It helped with the crohns symptoms but he was constantly in hospital with infections the most serious being pneumonia. While being treated for pneumonia they discovered his blood counts weren't right and 2 months later he was diagnosed with leukaemia. We later found out this is one of the side effects. On taking humira my husband signed his death warrant. After fighting the leukaemia for 18 months my husband lost the battle. FOLLOWING OUR EXPERIENCE I WOULD SAY STAY AWAY FROM HUMIRA"

Anonymous July 5, 2018

For Psoriasis "I have palmo-plantar pustular psoriasis (PPPP). There isn't enough research on this type of psoriasis. My insurance company forced me to try Humira so I could get to the next approval of meds. I begged not to take this because it has been shown to make PPPP worse. One shot - the loading dose - is all it took for me to break out in hives. I refuse to take anymore of it. The hives are as bad as the PPPP."

Mich (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I was on humira for four years, and had six intestinal blockages which resulted in surgery. I didn't think it worked that well on me"

Briman (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "I've been on this drug for 6 months works great apart from getting acne and some aches and pains in joints. I tolerate it well."

Holly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 17, 2018

For Psoriasis "My friends father took Humira for over a year for his psoriasis. He was then diagnosed with lymphoma and died within 4 months."

Stan June 17, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Absolutely terrible drug!!! Felt worse than ever so many side effects, but rheumatologist kept adding anti inflammatories. Then prednisone, then Targin plus tablets to protect my stomach. Back pains put me in hospital and she still wouldn't do anything. Kept telling I have to wait three months. Injections stung bad and bruised badly. Not even worth one star, don’t bother with this toxic drug."

Minette (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2018

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "I read Jen H. comment and she is right, THIS MEDICINE SUCKS! I too developed a very bad rash and after MONTHS of different diagnoses and biopsies, they think that the medication caused "pustular psoriasis" which I'm not sure they are sure. My whole life is messed up and I don't know what to do!"

DEB2041 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "This med is bad, just sleeping all the time (over 12 hour a night plus 3-7 hour naps), when I take the med symptoms are worse, body heat goes from hypothermia to fever and other way around in a few hours everyday."

Tyty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

For Psoriasis "This was a miracle drug for me . It cleared all my plaque psoriasis and also completely cleared my fingers and toes nail psoriasis . I did not notice any side effects."

Larry (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been on Humira nearly a year now (I use the self-inject pens) for RA. Previously I'd been on Prednisone, which helped the pain but had horrible side effects, and methotrexate, which didn't help and had horrible side effects. Humira has been a life safer. The shot itself definitely stings, especially in the thigh, but I went from constant pain, a severe limp, and inability to do much of anything to basically a slightly less flexible but otherwise normal able-bodied person. No side effects have yet appeared. I don't know how I managed without it for so long. It's not cheap, but if you make under a certain yearly income and you call the company, they'll work with you to make if affordable."

EG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 17, 2018

For Psoriasis "Went on Humira 3 years ago and felt like I had been given my life back! No more lesions, itch or flakes! I was so happy! But it quit working about 7 months ago and my psoriasis has come back with a vengeance! Dr wants me to keep using for 3 more months and if no improvement we will try something different. So depressing I am back to trying every crazy promise on the internet!"

Steph (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 9, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I was diagnosed at 40 with Ankylosing Spondylitis and found out I am HLA- B27 positive. My pain in my back neck and ankles was unbearable at times, & the exhaustion was horrible! I quit my job of 17 years because I could no longer stand for hours anymore. After many medications that didn’t work and made me very sick. Last week I started Humira and noticed a huge difference by the next morning. I am no longer exhausted. So for I have nothing but great things to say about Humaria. The side effects are scary, but not hurting anymore is priceless"

Katie May 7, 2018

For Psoriasis "I just took my third dose day 22. My skin has been 100% clear for about a week and my scalp is about 60% better. I didn’t anticipate such drastic results and certainly not this quick. No side effects. I'm using the self injection pen and no prior experience with one before. A nurse came out and helped me get familiar with it. The hardest part in all of it has been actually pushing the button on the injection. It’s just a mental thing. The injection is a slight sting, like a fire ant. Only last a few seconds while the medicine is being injected. Zero soreness, redness or pain after it’s done. I’m hoping this continues to work for me. I’ve had this all over since 18 months (37 years). As a child I had injections every week in my thigh & under my nails, light therapy and topical medicine. Every night my mom would take a comb and pull the plaques open on my scalp to put the medicine on. I’d wake up with dried blood in my hair. For the first time in my life I feel normal."

Kp (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Acute "My doctor prescribed Humira for my Crohn's disease about 6 months ago. Within that time I have experienced no benefits as a matter of fact my flare-ups are increasingly becoming worse and more painful. It is affecting my ability to work and perform simply activities of daily living. the side effects are endless. I would not recommend this form of treatment. I am currently researching other alternatives for my severe Crohn's disease."

Lrd April 9, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I've been on Humira for probably four years now. It's the only drug that has worked for me and I've tried many in the 20 years since being diagnosed with Crohn's. I'm in remission. Now I live an active life, raising kids and I'm very thankful because my life no longer rotates around my symptoms. It's very sad to think back to when I was so sick. Of course I worry about the side effects, but had minor ones and it completely outweighs having acute Crohn's flares and multiple complications, hospitalizations. I hate the shot but can't even complain compared to what I've been through in the past."

lee April 8, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was on the med about a year and a half ago. I loved it - cleared everything up! I felt good and confident! I did however get in a car crash shortly after the medication was kicking in. That being said I was given medication to bring down inflammation and pain in my freshly injured spine, hip, and pelvic bone. When it came time for me to do my injections the pain pills I were on interfered with my injections and I started getting a large swollen circle around the injection sight. My dermatologist quickly pulled me off of it and its all came back 10x worse. I remember waking up a everyday more disappointed and angry because having this disease is already obnoxious itchy and painful, but going from having nothing to a big break out makes you go crazy and it felt worse than ever. I guess I was to used to having a good thing."

luckyblackcat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My Dad took this medicine and he actually died. I know you won't publish this. "

Rebecca April 3, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "This drug is my miracle med! I was diagnosed in 2010 and was on pills for years that kept it controlled for most part then 2017 I took a turn for the worse and for months was having horrific pains and losing weight finally after my coonoscopy my Dr suggested humira. I was terrified of it but I had no choice but let me tell you 8 months in and I feel AMAZING. Within first month of taking it I had my normal life back. One word: MIRACLE. And assistance program saved my life!"

Kara (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2018

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since I was 18, I am now 44. I’ve tried everything and this was my final try and let me tell you what a miracle drug it is. My psoriasis is in stable remission and I can walk again as I had it all over my feet and top of my feet and legs. I look and feel so much better. I stopped taking the shot well over a month or more ago and I’m still holding strong. Thank you Abbvie for changing my life. I have my self confidence back and I feel great."

Holly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "I have been diagnosed with Crohn's from 2012 but had the symptoms from childhood just never looked into it until it was effecting my job and daily life. I tried many drugs just to get side effects and no relief but humira was by far the worst ever. I developed HPV and had to have my cervix cauterized. And psiriosis so bad my hair was falling out in clumps and pustules on my feet and hands that itched n hurt so bad and my tattoos were just red globs ..my appearance was so bad and I felt so horribleI seriously considered suicide . I stopped the humaira ASAP and took oregano oil and it cleared up the psoriasis immediately and I detoxed with charcoal and bentonite clay .. I haven't taken any prescription drugs since. My doctor is pushing another biologic stelara I fear for my life. My Dr is trying to kill me. I have far worse side effects than any pain my Crohn's gives me . Apple cider vinegar dose wonders for me also .. mixed with honey n hot water n lemon"

Do not use this devil juice (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis "My daughter who is 11 was on humira for a year. She has now developed psoriasis and her nails have crumbled and fallen off. More worryingly though her legs are twitching all the time, her joints are all swollen and she is struggling to walk and is in severe pain. I am terrified that she has neurological damage caused by the humira and muscle weakness. She is waiting for joint injections. I spoke to rheumatologists who dismissed it and said wasn't due to humira. Could someone please advise me if they gave nerve damage due to humira? My poor daughter has been off school for months and has no social life now."

Mana (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2018

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "I had such great hopes when learning the Humira could possibly help with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS). When going through the initial first doses, the HS lesions calmed quite considerably. I really had high hopes. I have been on Humira for 6 months now and it has lost all effectiveness. I continue the injections (per physician orders) with dread simply due to the intense burning sensation. The stomach area burns much less than the thigh. Allowing the medication to warm to room temperature before injecting also seems to help a bit. From what I understand, the body can produce antibodies to these biologic meds. One day perhaps a true, long-lasting treatment or cure will be found."

Hopelessly Waiting (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am a 66 year old female, and just took my 3rd injection of Humira. My skin is clearing steadily. I am hoping to get more joint pain relief soon. I also had a hip replacement 8 months ago and wasn't getting much exercise. I am joining a gym (a half block away from my apartment-NO EXCUSES, eh?) tomorrow and hope to do light weights along with tread/elliptical machines. Hoping the exercise will also help. Am I being impatient regarding the joint relief? Also, does anyone else have muscle cramps with Humira? Thanks and wishes for better health for all."

Patt (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018