User Reviews for Humira

Hidradenitis Suppurativa 3 reviews 1 medications

3.7
Summary of Humira reviews 382 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Humira

For Psoriatic Arthritis "After my first and only shot, ten days after I broke out in a rash from head to toe. The interesting thing was the area I had given my shot was red and made a rather large circle surrounding the area where I inserted the needle. Contacted my doctor and she prescribed steroids to counteract the rash. Later in the evening I was in the most excruciating pain in my legs this lasted all night into the early morning. Even contemplated going to the ER. In the ten days being of Humira I had no relief from PA. I have some plaque psoriasis and I will say that cleared up in the ten days that I was on it, only to return shortly thereafter. On a side note I would like to say Humira has a wonderful support staff should you have any questions."

DebbieOB (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Dear all, I am a 26 year old Dutch man who has been living with AS since 18, but got diagnosed just 4 years ago at 22. Because Humira is so expensive they made me use NSAID's like diclofenac and naproxen for two years. Before I used humira I dropped out of college, couldn't do any sports and was bed ridden most of the day. If I would for instance do the dishes, I would be broken for the rest of the day. A little over two years ago they started me on Humira and it has completely changed my life. I was very wary of the medicine because it involves shooting yourself up and I was hesitant as I had just taken these heavy painkillers which did not benefit me at all. I couldn't walk and now I play football three times a week and am back to work/uni"

papi050 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis in 2015, psoriatic arthritis a few months ago. I'm 35 years old and I am desperate for something to work. I've had 3 injections (one per fortnight) and haven't had any relief at all yet. Psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema all coexisting and it's a shame the PSA means I can't scratch myself. I really want to be able to come back later and say this has saved my life. No side effects though which is a positive!"

Lady La Mer (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been taking Humira for four years. Before starting I had severe RA pain in different joints most of the time and RA flare ups left me very debilitated. Humira began to work within the first two months. I take the injection every 10 days. I currently have no RA pain, experience no flare ups and have no side effects. It has been a wonder drug for me."

Jim Ed September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Just 2 days after my 1st injection the bleeding, fever, vomiting stopped. With time the diarrhea settled down to 1 to 3 times a day, all the mucus and excessive gas stopped. Six months after starting my colonoscopy show the ulcers and inflammation had cleared and healed completely in the entire large colon down and there was just chronic inflammation in rectum."

Siscin September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have just been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis in November 2016 at the age of 20 years old. I've begun the humira injection 40 milligrams April 2017 and still currently using. Just the last couple of weeks my pain has dramatically gotten worse I'm a lot more pain in my hips and legs and in my back, I've also just been diagnosed with bursitis in both my shoulders. Out-of-the-blue pain in my hips my knees my legs back, I've spoken to my GP and all I can do is wait until October to see my rheumatologist as he doesn't want to change my medications. With the Hamira I still felt the same but only my pain cramps has stopped, pain is still their too."

JJJ018 September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have had psoriasis my whole childhood since I was 5 years old currently 18 years old. My psoriasis was so severe that I had patches over my whole body. Last summer I finally found a doctor in my area who got me on humira for psoriatic arthritis. For the first 8 months my psoriasis was completely gone and I had no pain. But recently for a few months now my hands, feet, elbows, wrist, knees, and ankles stiffen up and are in excruciating pain. Some days I can't even walk, get outta bed or just do my normal activities. I'm going to see a rheumatologist in two months but I don't think I can't make till then cause everyday I'm suffering from so much joint pain. I thought humira would help me but instead it's hurting me!"

Elatt08 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "I have been on Humira for 11 months now, and have seen no long term or overall improvement with my HS. During the first month where the dosage was very high (4x at week 0, 2x at week 2, week 4 starts the 1x a week dosage prescribed for HS) there was a noticeable improvement, but it quickly went away and my skin kept (and keeps) progressing while on Humira. Injections in the tummy are much less painful than injections in the upper thighs, and leaving the pen out for 30-60 minutes before injecting probably helps (I have never injected without doing this, so I can't say either way). Injection site soreness, at least with me, is fairly minimal and goes away within a few hours. I haven't really noticed any other side-effects at all."

FMB September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2016. I had shown no symptoms, but it showed in a routine colonoscopy. Humira was the first medication I tried. It suppresses your immune system and within a few months I had developed a melanoma. Then another. Time to try another med ..."

smooshT September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "This drug has given me my life back. No more fear of leaving the safety of my toilet. I'm free again and can't believe how good it feels. I'm back to normal."

Curt&Maddy August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "It took doctors years to diagnose me with moderate to severe Crohn's. I've been on Humira for 8 months now and I feel the best that I have ever felt. I rarely get sick and I have more energy to keep up with my active lifestyle. The only side effect was that I got two very small marks of psoriasis which were gone within a couple of days. So far so good for me."

Kelly J. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Helped a bit but not even close to being worth it considering the very dangerous possible side effects which may include death. Much better alternatives are now available without the high risk."

hhw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My 16-year-old daughter was diagnosed with JIA - psoriatic - almost 2 years ago. She was started on celebrex, methotrexate and then Humira injections. She has changed from pens to syringes for comfort and convenience. My comment is that, since May 2017 she has been in an apparent constant flare-up. Her pain is constant in every joint! She has missed so much school over the last few months and it is now beginning to affect her mentally. We report to the rheumatologist every visit that she is in constant pain but it seems that 'nothing more can be done'. In the meantime, my daughter's social life is non-existent, her schooling is suffering and she is wary of being away from me (Mum) as nobody understands her pain and its affect. help"

Bre6anna (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since the age of 13 and now are 50. Over the years I have tried everything and at one point was hospitalised for three weeks it was so bad. I started Humira 5 years ago and within 6 months I was 100% clear and still to this day I am clear. I inject every two weeks and have 3 month check ups . I have had no side effects to date. It has changed my life!!"

Elaine D1 July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "36 year old female, diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis at 34. Started Humira every 14 days in February 2016. Noticed a huge difference the morning after taking it. I got my life back! It started to last fewer and fewer days so added Methotrexate in April 2016 and it helped stretch out the time it helped back to 2 weeks again. Had major side effects from the Methotrexate so went off of it in March 2017. The Humira started to decrease again in the time it would last. Took it by itself until April 2017 when I got sick with Bronchopneumonia. Stopped it until the infection was gone and when I went back on 6 weeks later, it wouldn't help anymore. I am now switching to Simponi."

RUnruh (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2017

For Psoriasis "Exceptional"

Pilgrimvpking (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Have had Crohns all of my adult life (+35 years). Taken everything from prednisone, methotrexate, 6mp, aszulfadine, endocort, to Remicade. Remicade was the first medicine to get me to a 5 year remission, however it didn't last. After playing with a cocktail of drugs including compound meds that landed me in the hospital with drug induced hepatitis, my doctor prescribed Humira. After getting used to the injections, I found it worked the best. I've been in remission for 5 years and recently had a clear colonoscopy. I'm so happy. It was a miracle!"

Jhrd5d July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have had severe insomnia that is very possibly related to Humira."

Owee July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Shots were painful, made my Psoriasis worse, developed plaque on palms of hands and bottom of feet and made other areas worse. Since stopping it, have started Taltz which is helping but these lesions are very resistant to treatment. I went from having a mild case of Psoriasis to severe. I regret starting to take Biologics and should have stuck to topical medication. Advice do not start them if you can deal with them with topicals. You become dependent on them and then they stop working and you have to go on to a new drug with many potential side effects."

Awful 1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I've had PsA 45 years and there was no treatment back then. By the time I got on biologicals the disease was well advanced with arthritis in most of my joints. Psoriasis has always been mild and limited to scalp, ears and elbows. I started Humira in 2012 when Enbrel stopped working after 8 years. Both drugs are miraculous. They allow me to live, work, and move normally. Before it took me 20 minutes just to get out of bed. Now I bounce out like a young person! The joint damage is still present but the pain is gone and I haven't had a flare. No side effects either. Only thing - Enbrel was more effective on psoriasis. Humira does nothing for it. I use topicals."

OhComeNow (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was placed on this medication after Enbrel, and it worked really well for the first couple of years. My psoriasis never went away, but it did help it. It greatly helped my arthritis, I was not able to get in and out of bed by myself, could barely get into a car, and was having difficulties dressing. It was not immediate, but within 6 months, I was feeling "almost" normal. Then I started developing GI issues when I injected to the point that the acid reflux and pain was so difficult, I ended up in an ER. After 4 years, the medication has stopped working, so my rheumatologist recommended switching. It was great while it worked, but now on to something that I hope worked as well as Humira did initally."

Stormy5 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Although this medication does work for my minor crohn's symptoms the side effects are concerning . Diagnosed last year during a routine ultrasound for an unrelated issue . Never sick a day in my life before then . Never had taken any prescription medication in the prior 53 years . Since taking this drug 3 bad colds , 2 bladder infections , 1 prostate infection and now a candida yeast infection ( major rash ) and signs of psoriasis . Glad it does help some people but I think suppressing the immune system is very risky . Now looking for a " milder "drug or alternative treatments ."

cazzilo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Extreme side effects include: persistent headaches, severe bloating, weak all over, muscle aches, lower back pain and excessive sleeping during the day."

Captain John June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "I've been in remission for 5 years."

Victoria I June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I used Humira for 3 months, I felt much better but then got cancer (Hodgekins lymfoma) and TB."

Louis62e June 20, 2017