User Reviews for Humira

Hidradenitis Suppurativa
4.2

Summary of Humira reviews 6.9 458 reviews

Reviews for Humira

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been on Humira 6 months, from the first dose I notice completely improvement no pain, but as I continue a shot every 2 weeks I was getting out of breath I couldn’t walk outside got worse with body burning and aching chills no appetite , and also I gain 40lb I stop it finally this morning I am starting to feel better"

Lulu (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "My insurance company insisted I had to take Humira. I was on it for less than a week and I started running a fever. Ran a fever for 3 weeks, went to Dr. had lung infection. Took antibiotic, went off Humira. Started again when infection was gone and a week later. I had the fever and infection again. I also had an allergic reaction at the injection site. Hot, red and swollen, the size of a melon on my stomach. Had to have steroid to get it to go away. Bad drug."

Jan (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease about four years ago now. I was started on humira about 5 months ago following a bowel obstruction. Although my Crohn's symptoms have greatly diminished, I have been noticing a lot of side effects, such as fatigue, hair loss, sore and swollen joints and a lot of nausea. With the Crohn's I was in pain, but felt like myself. On the humira I’m in significantly less pain, but don’t feel like myself. I guess it’s a bit of a give and take."

Brittney (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "Dealing with needles the last 20 years of my life, I didn't think I'd have a problem. But, I dread every other Monday with humira. It actually hurts when injecting. And my thigh or stomach goes red and is sore for 3 days after injection. Plus I am overly tired in this time frame which makes working 12 hour shifts challenging. Is it working? After 4 months I'm still open to it, but I haven't noticed any changes. Like I said, I've never been afraid of needles until now. This pen thing really sucks."

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "I have had HS for a number of years, and was quite happy when I was finally put on Humira. I had such high hopes and was elated in January 2018 when I started taking this drug. During the first couple of months (I'm assuming because of the initial high dosage) I was completely clear of all HS signs. since then, I have had infection after infection, my HS has gotten worse and never lets up now. I'm going to see my doctor today and asking to be removed from this treatment. Not only is my HS getting progressively worse, my psoriasis has also flared up. Prior to Humira my psoriasis was completely under control. I was very hopeful this drug would take away the pain/discomfort/embarrassment of HS. But I think it's only made it worse. :("

no luck for me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 25, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "I don’t feel better. I’ve had a bad reaction."

Ricky (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Jean, I lost about 40% of my hair last year and it totally freaked me out!! I was not taking HUMIRA at the time. My doctor said it was likely from the stress and trauma of my Crohn's flare. It happens sometimes. I tried all kind of hair vitamins and special products, but I didn’t see mine change until I started using Monat hair products. I was very sceptical of the products, but they worked! My hair had grown back and it feels super healthy. Products are pretty expensive but last a decent amount of time and are worth it. Good luck to you. I hope this helps! Just took my very first injection this morning. My fingers are crossed!!"

JM (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "Been on it since October 27th, 2017. Have seen little improvement. Only recently (August 28th, 2018) have I noticed there is no more blood in my stool and the frequent bowel movements have decreased dramatically. Can no longer consume dairy. Cannot drink any sodas. Dark sodas hurt so much it is unbearable. Have needed one blood transfusion before humira and another one while on it. Also needed an iron infusion. Have been on 4 mesalamine daily along with the humira. Only worked for a week after Aug. 28th and then symptoms returned but have been lesser. So basically I must be unlucky because what should have taken about 3 months took 10 months to see little results. I am 19 (20 in a month) and have been suffering with ulcerative colitis since 16. Not sure how all of you do it but I am feeling so overwhelmed by how much my life has had to change from this disease. It has given me such unbearable anxiety that affects my daily life. I have hated every moment of this experience."

diazrachel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2018

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "Have had Hidradenitis Suppurativa since childhood (before puberty) Stage 2 Hurley And... Colitis, IBD No pain for me when injection in tummy. I feel like superman for 30 min after injection. I feel great. It has reduced lesions every time. The more I build up in my system, the less lesions there are occurring. I’m so happy I am on this drug. I delayed taking the drug after reading scary reviews. I’m glad I went ahead anyway. It has been great for me."

BB (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Psoriasis "Have been on it for almost three months, guttate psoriasis is getting worse than to start with. Breaking out all over my lower legs worse than ever there. The rest of my areas affected (arms and thighs are about the same. Dermatologist is switching me to Cosentyx, hope that works for me."

Pichachu (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "All but one finger on both hands were in excruciating pain to use. Couldn't snap, buckle, clothes, all daily activities needing fingers were impossible. The pain left after the loading dose of 80m. But the enthesitis in my right hip is killing me today, a couple of days ago it was my heels. But I can use my fingers. It has been a month and I do feel swelling beginning again in my fingers. I'm upset that it seems to have done the good it was going to do and ethesitis and sloppy ligaments are making it hard to walk. I would like to try Stelara myself."

nux (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have had Crohn's for 45 years. I have been on nearly every drug and had 8 surgeries. Fortunately I have only lost about 3 ' of intestines. I have been on Humira for about 2.5 month's now and under a tremendous amount of stress. I am just beginning to feel some relief, however some bowel concerns, generally we may actually be on the right track for the first time in years. My questions is: Has anyone else had a problem with hair falling out, not in clumps but a lot when I brush or comb it. Mine is getting so thin I am beginning to worry and don't know what to do. I don't want to be bald. I also am a client of Abbvie and would not have this opportunity without them. Thank you very much. Someone please help."

Jean (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "I fought my Dr. for almost 4 years until my symptoms of bleeding, excessive pain, cramping, diarrhea, urgency to go...all of it became unresponsive to prednisone, enemas (Rowasa, steroids), suppositories (Canasa), and my oral medication (delzicol). 3 days after starting Humira-I was basically symptom free. Had I known what I know now, I wish I would have started 4 years ago. Giving yourself the injection isn't pleasant and I have gotten some local reactions on my stomach (red marks, itchy, bruising) but basically I don't care about any of that because I have "normal" poop again! I am 28 years old and got diagnosed at 21 (though had symptoms prior for many years that they blamed on IBS)"

badgerfan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "8 weeks on humira. For 4 years I have had plaques on only soles of my feet . I finally decided to try Humira after no results with Otezla. Now it's on one of my legs and one of my arms too and it did nothing for my feet, worse if anything and itching is still terrible. Do not recommend this drug. I am switching to cosentx."

Suzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "My 15 years old got diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease recently. Being undiagnosed for so many years has made Crohn’s hard to treat. For her, the symptoms are weight loss, fatigue, red or itchy eyes, and inflamed or bumpy skin. Seeing her I now know these symptoms cause fatigue I have been reading about her symptoms and complications and this helps me solve all my doubts regarding her health. I am looking at advice from parents who have some special guidelines or diets that can help ease her flare."

beingsupermom (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was using Humira in conjunction with Methotrexate. Both meds were working marvellously, but out of the blue I became sick after each dose of both medications. RA dr took me off the Methotrexate, and it was awhile before restarting Humira. I’ve had 3 injections with no signs of relief, which was significantly different from before. Very discouraged & scared."

Gulliver (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

For Psoriasis "I was on Humira for 5 years, the last year on it I was having hip and back pain so bad, along with a constant bad headache. Repeated visits to Dr's to have them I'm crazy, and odd.. I spent so much on medical bills. Chiropractor, Holistic Chiropractor, Regular Dr, Sports Dr's. I kept asking if it was the Humira injections causing this. I was told no way that's not possible. Well I decided to take the shot in the other hip and low and behold, I had pain full force. I stopped completely. Went to my Dermatologist and explained what had been going on. She looked at me and said I have 3 other patients going thru the exact same thing!! 3 months later and I'm on Otezla, ;( my back hurts again, daily headaches, and feel so tired every day! I'm ready to give up!"

just me August 25, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Been on humira two years and from day one it worked and I am painfree. But over the last week or so I have pain in my arms and pins and needles anyone had this"

Lelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have been on Humira for the last year or so. I can only do fortnightly injections as the insurance won't pay for weekly injections. I have breakthrough bleeding, cramping, constipation and horrible back pain. I really miss my simponi but they changed the biologics and I had a bad allergic reaction and that is how I'm on the Humira now. I am running out of options so I feel like I have to suffer through it. Certainly makes day to day living hard."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "After taking Humira for 3 months the plaques are very tiny bit better but itch horribly. Unfortunately, I now also have pustular psoriasis and the psoriatic arthritis that hadn't been too much of a problem is much worse. I don't know why doctors want patients to continue this drug when it makes things worse. I had about 50% coverage with plaques. Now I have about 30% pustular in areas I've never had it before - back, underarms, face, arms, hands, legs, feet. Psoriasis is truly a terrible disease. Western medicine needs to quit poisoning people and get to the root."

Gems21 August 14, 2018

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "Ive been diagnosed with Hidradenitis Supprative (HS) and Rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Humira knocks them both out."

Lucky guy August 14, 2018

For Psoriasis "It's a miracle drug as far as I'm concerned. I've had psoriasis since I was 13 and I'm not 53. I was so bad at one point that 60% - 70% of my body was covered in scales. I started on Humira 4-5 years ago and I'm now 98% clear. Few side effects and it's like I don't even have psoriasis any more. I am thankful for this drug."

Taxman (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 9, 2018

For Psoriasis "I have been on Humira for about two years and it has worked great at clearing up my Psoriasis. It cleared up my skin and nails. I had also tried just about every other treatment. I don't like taking medicine in general but decided I needed to do something after suffering for over 25 years. I do often feel tired and have gotten sick more often and I think it is due to the Humira. I also have two young kids that bring home everything from school so that probably doesn't help. I weigh the benefits of clear skin vs the side effects. I have stopped taking it over the summer months when my psoriasis wasn't as bad and it was about 5 months before it came back. Then I started the injections again. I know you are not supposed to stop and start but my body was just feeling so fatigued I thought I needed a break. In conclusion, for me the side effects are real but I can finally wear shorts and swim with my kids without feeling embarrassed."

Dude (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have had Crohns disease for 7 or 8 years now. Started out with pills and everything just stopped working. Was put on Remicade and it was like a blessing. Went 2 years almost symptom free until I developed antibodies to it. My doctor switched me to Humira and after 5 long months with multiple flare-up's and weight lose, I get to take the wonderful death drug Prednisone. Symptoms from Crohns are almost gone and my doctor has put me on Entyvio. 2 treatments have passed, still on Prednisone with high hopes that this stuff will kick in as well as Remicade did. Humira was a waste of time and money."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "So far, so good. Been on Humira for 4 weeks. I had Plaque on soles of feet which have cleared about 25%. Had tried Otezla in past with no clearing at all. Still adding steroid cream and laser, but swelling, itching, redness and plaques all show improvement. Injection is not that bad, just stings for a few seconds. I use the pre filled syringe, not the pen, as people have reviewed it as less painful. I was hesitant to go on this due to potential complications. But my quality of life is so improving every day that it's been well worth it. Look forward to continued improvement in next few months."

Suzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes