User Reviews for Humira

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Humira.

Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis

Hidradenitis Suppurativa
3.7

Summary of Humira reviews 6.9 393 reviews

Reviews for Humira

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Thought this was my miracle cure for extreme RA. Nothing else seemed to work and was having trouble walking and functioning. One shot and things started returning to normal, it was wonderful to have no pain. Until the first round of A FIB. Hospitalized, then atrial flutter. Hospitalized. Then the fainting and rapid heartbeat...220! Hospitalized. Woke up one night and could not breathe...diagnosed with pneumonia. Hospitalised. The pulmonologist revised diagnosis to pulmonary fibrosis with scarring on lungs. 5 months later, still coughing and using nebulizer. Stopped this medicine and can breathe again. RA returned, but I'm alive. Stay away from Humira."

RA female 60. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed with UC and Crohn’s almost 14 years ago when I was 7. I exhausted my treatment options this year so I was approved for the biological Humira. After the initial loading dose I thought I was seeing improvement but it was hard to tell as I was also on prednisone to control my flare. After my second two injections I woke up the next morning with my symptoms in full swing again. I know it takes time to start working so I just went with it. About a week later I started experiencing bad back pain and thought I had pulled a muscle when I went to the ER they found multiple pulmonary embolisms in my lungs and kept me in the hospital for 9 days (they never found the cause for this so I say humira ) then back 2weeks later for a UC flare"

Makannhen December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "I will never take Humira again! I strongly believed in it for the several years I took it, but now I've developed an allergic reaction to it."

Allergic reaction (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "The drug did not work for me. I felt I was about to have a heart attack. I thought I was going to die. I was ready to call 911. I didn't realize it could have such an adverse effect on you. The doctor prescribed another drug which worked much better without giving me the feeling of an oncoming heart attack."

traveler145 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Spondyloarthritis "I tried to cope 4 months with severe adverse reactions. Insomnia, depressed mood, bladder gone grazy, pain increase in facet joints, white blood cells began to elevate over max of normal limit. The only good thing was the autoinjector, no pain feelings whatsoever."

ChrisNz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "RA and UC. Injection is awful, painful and leaves horrific rash and brusing. On Humira RA has not improved in fact gotten worse. Literally had to get a depo and toradal injection today for bad inflammation and excruciating joint pain. The nausea is beyond manageable, and the headaches! Side effects are killing me. I really wish I could upload pics of my injection sites."

Not Good Experience yet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Scared to take would rather live in pain then take a chance of getting cancer or dying for an infection caused by a cut or scratch"

Mike26711 (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Began Humira with high hopes 3 months ago after stopping sulfasalazine. After 1st injection, it took only 5 days and got symptoms of flu. Flu developed into chronic sinutitis and come-go laryngitis. Next episode was super high blood pressure and frequent urination 24/7. Third one was more serious, white blood cell count began to rise. This is not normal (may lead to blood cancers or lymphomas) and Humira was stopped. Be careful, you are not going to die with AS, but serious side effect like cancer is a true alarm that drug might not be suitable for everyone."

Nikamatsu (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "After my first and only shot, ten days after I broke out in a rash from head to toe. The interesting thing was the area I had given my shot was red and made a rather large circle surrounding the area where I inserted the needle. Contacted my doctor and she prescribed steroids to counteract the rash. Later in the evening I was in the most excruciating pain in my legs this lasted all night into the early morning. Even contemplated going to the ER. In the ten days being of Humira I had no relief from PA. I have some plaque psoriasis and I will say that cleared up in the ten days that I was on it, only to return shortly thereafter. On a side note I would like to say Humira has a wonderful support staff should you have any questions."

DebbieOB (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have had ulcerative colitis for 25 years have tried all the different medications .I have had to take 10 mg of Prednisone daily for 25 years, if I did not take it I went right into an outbreak. I've been on Humira for the past 5 months. I have not felt this good in 25 years . and it has worked very well for me .We will see how it works long-term .I'm finally off the prednisone and I never thought that would happen."

03 Grunt (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease, Acute "The few months I was on humira was the sickest I've ever been in my entire life. I got the flu- lasted 4 weeks, pink eye, cold sore, again for 4 weeks, you name it and I got it. This was about 5 years ago, and I have since had 4 basil cell carcinoma surgeries on my FACE, and found this site because I believe I now have a Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Leak. It did NOTHING to help the crohn's, nor the accompanying arthritis. Want to spend 6 months in bed wishing you were in a coma, then this is for you."

Anonymous- salem MA (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis "I used these shots for four months it didn't help me at all. Now I've also got a spot on the side of my face from taking humeria"

lizcarney (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Dear all, I am a 26 year old Dutch man who has been living with AS since 18, but got diagnosed just 4 years ago at 22. Because Humira is so expensive they made me use NSAID's like diclofenac and naproxen for two years. Before I used humira I dropped out of college, couldn't do any sports and was bed ridden most of the day. If I would for instance do the dishes, I would be broken for the rest of the day. A little over two years ago they started me on Humira and it has completely changed my life. I was very wary of the medicine because it involves shooting yourself up and I was hesitant as I had just taken these heavy painkillers which did not benefit me at all. I couldn't walk and now I play football three times a week and am back to work/uni"

papi050 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis in 2015, psoriatic arthritis a few months ago. I'm 35 years old and I am desperate for something to work. I've had 3 injections (one per fortnight) and haven't had any relief at all yet. Psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema all coexisting and it's a shame the PSA means I can't scratch myself. I really want to be able to come back later and say this has saved my life. No side effects though which is a positive!"

Lady La Mer (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been taking Humira for four years. Before starting I had severe RA pain in different joints most of the time and RA flare ups left me very debilitated. Humira began to work within the first two months. I take the injection every 10 days. I currently have no RA pain, experience no flare ups and have no side effects. It has been a wonder drug for me."

Jim Ed September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Just 2 days after my 1st injection the bleeding, fever, vomiting stopped. With time the diarrhea settled down to 1 to 3 times a day, all the mucus and excessive gas stopped. Six months after starting my colonoscopy show the ulcers and inflammation had cleared and healed completely in the entire large colon down and there was just chronic inflammation in rectum."

Siscin September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have just been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis in November 2016 at the age of 20 years old. I've begun the humira injection 40 milligrams April 2017 and still currently using. Just the last couple of weeks my pain has dramatically gotten worse I'm a lot more pain in my hips and legs and in my back, I've also just been diagnosed with bursitis in both my shoulders. Out-of-the-blue pain in my hips my knees my legs back, I've spoken to my GP and all I can do is wait until October to see my rheumatologist as he doesn't want to change my medications. With the Hamira I still felt the same but only my pain cramps has stopped, pain is still their too."

JJJ018 September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have had psoriasis my whole childhood since I was 5 years old currently 18 years old. My psoriasis was so severe that I had patches over my whole body. Last summer I finally found a doctor in my area who got me on humira for psoriatic arthritis. For the first 8 months my psoriasis was completely gone and I had no pain. But recently for a few months now my hands, feet, elbows, wrist, knees, and ankles stiffen up and are in excruciating pain. Some days I can't even walk, get outta bed or just do my normal activities. I'm going to see a rheumatologist in two months but I don't think I can't make till then cause everyday I'm suffering from so much joint pain. I thought humira would help me but instead it's hurting me!"

Elatt08 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "I have been on Humira for 11 months now, and have seen no long term or overall improvement with my HS. During the first month where the dosage was very high (4x at week 0, 2x at week 2, week 4 starts the 1x a week dosage prescribed for HS) there was a noticeable improvement, but it quickly went away and my skin kept (and keeps) progressing while on Humira. Injections in the tummy are much less painful than injections in the upper thighs, and leaving the pen out for 30-60 minutes before injecting probably helps (I have never injected without doing this, so I can't say either way). Injection site soreness, at least with me, is fairly minimal and goes away within a few hours. I haven't really noticed any other side-effects at all."

FMB September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2016. I had shown no symptoms, but it showed in a routine colonoscopy. Humira was the first medication I tried. It suppresses your immune system and within a few months I had developed a melanoma. Then another. Time to try another med ..."

smooshT September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "This drug has given me my life back. No more fear of leaving the safety of my toilet. I'm free again and can't believe how good it feels. I'm back to normal."

Curt&Maddy August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "It took doctors years to diagnose me with moderate to severe Crohn's. I've been on Humira for 8 months now and I feel the best that I have ever felt. I rarely get sick and I have more energy to keep up with my active lifestyle. The only side effect was that I got two very small marks of psoriasis which were gone within a couple of days. So far so good for me."

Kelly J. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Helped a bit but not even close to being worth it considering the very dangerous possible side effects which may include death. Much better alternatives are now available without the high risk."

hhw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My 16-year-old daughter was diagnosed with JIA - psoriatic - almost 2 years ago. She was started on celebrex, methotrexate and then Humira injections. She has changed from pens to syringes for comfort and convenience. My comment is that, since May 2017 she has been in an apparent constant flare-up. Her pain is constant in every joint! She has missed so much school over the last few months and it is now beginning to affect her mentally. We report to the rheumatologist every visit that she is in constant pain but it seems that 'nothing more can be done'. In the meantime, my daughter's social life is non-existent, her schooling is suffering and she is wary of being away from me (Mum) as nobody understands her pain and its affect. help"

Bre6anna (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since the age of 13 and now are 50. Over the years I have tried everything and at one point was hospitalised for three weeks it was so bad. I started Humira 5 years ago and within 6 months I was 100% clear and still to this day I am clear. I inject every two weeks and have 3 month check ups . I have had no side effects to date. It has changed my life!!"

Elaine D1 July 30, 2017