User Reviews for Humira

6.4
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Humira reviews 338 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Humira

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I'm 48 year old female and I've had arthritis and fibromyalgia since 2008. Have tried many medications which am allergic to most. I have also been diagnosed with RA recently. My mother has it so probably got passed to me. I've been on steroids and muscle relaxes they help me with no side effects. My rheumatologist just put me on humira. I've givign myself 4 injection praying for some relief. But I am actually feeling worse. Doc says it's just my body getting worse but I'm thinking my body doesn't like the medication. I'm going to give it 3 more months of I don't get to feeling worse. Was really counting on this medication to help me."

S.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "Started HUMIRA 8 weeks ago and my Psoriasis is worse than ever. It is causing worsening of itching, my hands and feet are dryer, itchy, painful than ever. I am developing new lesions in areas I never had before. My Dermatologist recommended to take it another 4 weeks but it is unbearable. I read that some patients develop anti drug antibodies, I suspect I may be one of them."

Dissapointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis "This ended up being the end of my relationship with my GI. He wouldn't accept that it was making me very ill. He told me to just keep taking it. This was 6 months in. I decided to quit it and him at the same time. My GI was a narcissist, anyways.."

Kaos March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I'm a 53 year old male, have had Ankylosing Spondylitits since I was a teenager, undiagnosed until a bout of Uveitis (inflammation in my eye) in 2010, the blood tests revealed I was HLA B27. From there my illness steadily progressed until hospitalisation in 2016, by the end of 2016 I was having more frequent episodes of uveitis followed by debilitation reactive arthritis that left me unable to move. The last episode in Feb 2017 saw me hospitalised again, due to the pain of my ribs expanding when trying to breath. I received my first Humira injection pen injection the day after being hospitalised in Feb...... It's a miracle. Within 24 hours I was feeling better than I had felt in 8 years. Humira has given me a second chance."

bez March 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "When my doctor first suggested humira 14 years ago, I was afraid to start it. I've had juvenile arthritis since I was 15, and am now 50. I was so used to pain, that I didn't remember what it was like to be pain free, that is until I finally decided to try humira. I figured what do I have to lose. I won't know if it works if I don't try it. Honestly, within hours of my first injection I could feel a difference. It really was a miracle drug for me. It lasted 14 years, when it just started losing its efficacy for me. I have learned through research, that your body can produce antibodies to the medicine. Unfortunately when that happens, the medicine will no longer work. I'm going to now have to try something else"

Jd7 (taken for 10 years or more) February 24, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease "I've been on 4 different medications since I was diagnosed with Crohn's 2 years ago. I've been on Humira for 6 months and its the only medication that has helped and made difference. Side Effects: I do break out in small dime size hives around the injection site that goes away within 24 hours. Dr. says this is ok."

Roary Tea February 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease "I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about two years ago.All other medication failed so this was my last chance before an operation.The Humira has so far worked wonders although I have only been on it for about 6 weeks. The injection was so easy to administer and for me the company delivers the pre loaded pen to my home. Please don't be put off by the thought of injectin yougrself it couldn't be easier."

The Cockney (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "My daughter was 13 when diagnosed with Crohn's. I am quite certain that she has actually had it five years. They started her on Humira almost immediately. It started at bi-weekly, then she started getting it weekly. While on Humira, my daughter has been hospitalized six times in 14 months and has had surgery to get a stuck camera pill out and then a perforated bowel. I wouldn't say it has been working. I will say that the first time she had a dose, she felt hungry, which was wonderful. But it was rather short lived. We need to find something else."

Kat on the Keys February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I'm 47 years old and I was recently diagnosed with RA. I was very reluctant about taking this medicine after reading all the possible side effects. But I have to say that this medication change my life. The day after the first shot I felt a little worse. But after that I be feeling great no pain no side effects. I guess everybody is different. Good luck."

Chuco February 12, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Humira is the third medicine from this group that I have taken the other two being Enbrel and Cimzia. It is fair to say that for me it has also been the best, but unfortunately I am going to have to stop taking it for the following. Initially I had minor but long lasting mild headache on day of taking, this was followed by a urinary infection possibly caused by the Humira but the reason I must stop is that I now have tinnitus. This was mild hissing at first so I tolerated it, but now and after each injection it gets measurably worse. So me and Humira must regrettably part company, a great shame because it did/does make a very large improvement to my R. A."

Phil. Green (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "Tried every OTC medicine and nothing worked. Then I finally agreed to use Humira and I am glad I did. I am fully cleared and all my psoriasis is gone. Next question is now how long do I need to keep taking it to stay clear."

JMA21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "So I got diagnosed with psoriasis a few years ago when my mother passed and I took humira then for only a couple of months and it went away. So just recently of last year it came back full effect but I was pregnant so couldn't really take anything. So now here In January I started back on humira I've had about 3 injections and it seems to be clearing up.. Staying positive.. I just want clear skin.. #psoriasissucks"

Tif2006 (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been on humira just over a year, no side effects, it has given me my life back, its like a miracle"

Tunku January 30, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis "I had been on almost every medication and was on Prednisone for 2 years. I was at the end of my rope and thought I'd never get better. I reluctantly took Humira and I was so scared of giving myself shots. After the initial loading 4 I cried. I started out taking a shot every 2 weeks and it took me quite a while to actually depress the injector. I have now been on Humira weekly for over a year and my life is quite different. I am glad to get up in the morning, happy to go to work, elated to go the grocery store - all without scoping out a restroom first. I feel alive for the first time since I was diagnosed. I wait everyday for the Humira to quit working and I hope it doesn't. For now I'll take what it has given me."

Aune January 26, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "I had one shot for PSA ,Psoriasis and it looks like I have gotten stung by a thousand bees and my psoriasis is worse six weeks after my shot. Needless to say I did not get the second shot. Worst drug reaction that I have ever had."

Sonomagal (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease "This drug not only did not help reduce any symptoms of my Crohn's Disease, but it also caused severe issues. Though I maintained a healthy diet & stayed moderately active, I gained 15 pounds in a short amount of time on this drug. I also experienced hair loss. The most serious issue, however, is that I contracted multiple infections while on this drug. The first was a sinus infection that lasted more than two weeks. After this was over my doctor advised me to resume the Humira, and shortly afterwards, I ended up with severe sepsis that, according to several of the doctors in the hospital, probably would not have happened had I not been on Humira. I would never recommend this drug to anyone. It's not worth risking your life."

pa2787 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease "Made my symptoms worse and caused even more issues. The pain from the injection wasn't bad but the side effects were horrible. I say avoid this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "Taken my 4th injection so far and have barely any psoriasis plaques left. Nothing else has worked I have tried multiple creams and tablets that made me sick. Now with Humira I have no side affects, I am nearly all cleared up and best of all the injection is painless"

Angelou December 29, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease "Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I do 40mg weekly using the prefilled syringe & oh my god. It's the most horrifying pain I've ever felt. I would tell anyone considering going on Humira to strongly reconsider & rethink your options. It may only be 10-30 seconds but it will make you cry, no matter how tough you are. It's also not helping with my Crohn's disease at all, 0 change in inflammation. Do not use this."

KJLM1999 December 28, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After shot #1 I felt great. After shot # 2 I felt like I was having an RA flare. The night of shot #3 I felt like I might have the start of the flu. Within 2 days I had high fever, chills, teeth chattering. All my joints were in extreme pain, could not stand, felt dehydrated. Could hear my heart beat and blood whooshing in my ears. If this happens to you call 911. I took several Vitamin C & my husband helped me drink water while waiting for ambulance. I had blood poisoning due to an infected tooth ( did not realize I had a tooth problem until I was violently sick ) Your Dr will try to convince you to take these shots. Abbvie the makers of humira are marketing this to stock brokers. I think my dr. Must own stock in Abbvie / Humira. Beware!"

Rheumatoid 20 years (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "I'm 50yrs old and have lived with psoriasis for half that time. I don't like to even take ibuprofen so obviously I've been reluctant to go on such a significant biologic. That said, Humira has been an absolute miracle. I'm now after 90 days 100% cleared. This is not BS. THIS IS THE TRUTH. I couldn't be happier."

Lparker6366 December 3, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I think Humira works ok for psoriasis but almost nothing for arthritis. I had to go back to enbrel so I can at least get to work. If you just have psoriasis maybe its ok./"

cheltz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Have had bowel problems all my life. In 2004 diagnosed with Crohns. Put on Pentasa and 6MP which eventually stopped working. Through the generous Abbvie Patient Assistance program I was able to start Humira in December 2015. The change was quick and dramatic. Many symptoms either disappeared or lessened. At times eating certain foods bring on cramps but they can be managed. My only fear is that one year I will not be renewed in the Abbvie program. Medicare Part D has a copay which is quite high, well beyond my financial ability. This would result in loss of relief which Humira has provided."

Jolly Professor November 26, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I would never take this drug again and I would encourage you to never take this drug. The side effects were terrible."

James1000 November 23, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "After having crohns for 47 years I just went on Humira 2 months ago. So far so good."

Buzzberm (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016