User Reviews for Humira

6.4
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Humira reviews 372 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Humira

For Crohn's Disease "It took doctors years to diagnose me with moderate to severe Crohn's. I've been on Humira for 8 months now and I feel the best that I have ever felt. I rarely get sick and I have more energy to keep up with my active lifestyle. The only side effect was that I got two very small marks of psoriasis which were gone within a couple of days. So far so good for me."

Kelly J. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Helped a bit but not even close to being worth it considering the very dangerous possible side effects which may include death. Much better alternatives are now available without the high risk."

hhw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My 16-year-old daughter was diagnosed with JIA - psoriatic - almost 2 years ago. She was started on celebrex, methotrexate and then Humira injections. She has changed from pens to syringes for comfort and convenience. My comment is that, since May 2017 she has been in an apparent constant flare-up. Her pain is constant in every joint! She has missed so much school over the last few months and it is now beginning to affect her mentally. We report to the rheumatologist every visit that she is in constant pain but it seems that 'nothing more can be done'. In the meantime, my daughter's social life is non-existent, her schooling is suffering and she is wary of being away from me (Mum) as nobody understands her pain and its affect. help"

Bre6anna (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since the age of 13 and now are 50. Over the years I have tried everything and at one point was hospitalised for three weeks it was so bad. I started Humira 5 years ago and within 6 months I was 100% clear and still to this day I am clear. I inject every two weeks and have 3 month check ups . I have had no side effects to date. It has changed my life!!"

Elaine D1 July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "36 year old female, diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis at 34. Started Humira every 14 days in February 2016. Noticed a huge difference the morning after taking it. I got my life back! It started to last fewer and fewer days so added Methotrexate in April 2016 and it helped stretch out the time it helped back to 2 weeks again. Had major side effects from the Methotrexate so went off of it in March 2017. The Humira started to decrease again in the time it would last. Took it by itself until April 2017 when I got sick with Bronchopneumonia. Stopped it until the infection was gone and when I went back on 6 weeks later, it wouldn't help anymore. I am now switching to Simponi."

RUnruh (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2017

For Psoriasis "Exceptional"

Pilgrimvpking (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Have had Crohns all of my adult life (+35 years). Taken everything from prednisone, methotrexate, 6mp, aszulfadine, endocort, to Remicade. Remicade was the first medicine to get me to a 5 year remission, however it didn't last. After playing with a cocktail of drugs including compound meds that landed me in the hospital with drug induced hepatitis, my doctor prescribed Humira. After getting used to the injections, I found it worked the best. I've been in remission for 5 years and recently had a clear colonoscopy. I'm so happy. It was a miracle!"

Jhrd5d July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have had severe insomnia that is very possibly related to Humira."

Owee July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Shots were painful, made my Psoriasis worse, developed plaque on palms of hands and bottom of feet and made other areas worse. Since stopping it, have started Taltz which is helping but these lesions are very resistant to treatment. I went from having a mild case of Psoriasis to severe. I regret starting to take Biologics and should have stuck to topical medication. Advice do not start them if you can deal with them with topicals. You become dependent on them and then they stop working and you have to go on to a new drug with many potential side effects."

Awful 1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I've had PsA 45 years and there was no treatment back then. By the time I got on biologicals the disease was well advanced with arthritis in most of my joints. Psoriasis has always been mild and limited to scalp, ears and elbows. I started Humira in 2012 when Enbrel stopped working after 8 years. Both drugs are miraculous. They allow me to live, work, and move normally. Before it took me 20 minutes just to get out of bed. Now I bounce out like a young person! The joint damage is still present but the pain is gone and I haven't had a flare. No side effects either. Only thing - Enbrel was more effective on psoriasis. Humira does nothing for it. I use topicals."

OhComeNow (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was placed on this medication after Enbrel, and it worked really well for the first couple of years. My psoriasis never went away, but it did help it. It greatly helped my arthritis, I was not able to get in and out of bed by myself, could barely get into a car, and was having difficulties dressing. It was not immediate, but within 6 months, I was feeling "almost" normal. Then I started developing GI issues when I injected to the point that the acid reflux and pain was so difficult, I ended up in an ER. After 4 years, the medication has stopped working, so my rheumatologist recommended switching. It was great while it worked, but now on to something that I hope worked as well as Humira did initally."

Stormy5 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Although this medication does work for my minor crohn's symptoms the side effects are concerning . Diagnosed last year during a routine ultrasound for an unrelated issue . Never sick a day in my life before then . Never had taken any prescription medication in the prior 53 years . Since taking this drug 3 bad colds , 2 bladder infections , 1 prostate infection and now a candida yeast infection ( major rash ) and signs of psoriasis . Glad it does help some people but I think suppressing the immune system is very risky . Now looking for a " milder "drug or alternative treatments ."

cazzilo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Extreme side effects include: persistent headaches, severe bloating, weak all over, muscle aches, lower back pain and excessive sleeping during the day."

Captain John June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "I've been in remission for 5 years."

Victoria I June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I used Humira for 3 months, I felt much better but then got cancer (Hodgekins lymfoma) and TB."

Louis62e June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Diagnosed with RA 2014 started with methotrexate and low dose prednisone. 46yrs. Had other medical cond and taken of meds for approx 1 1/2 years. Placed back on meth/pred in 2016. Started humira Feb 2017 weekly shot and taken off meth/pred. Then went to humira every other week and placed back on meth/pred. Now humira every other week only. Then informed my RA was being managed and taken off meth/pred once again. It is now June and I feel terrible. My hands are killing me. They feel like they are on fire/placed in a press/hot/cold/a sleep/etc. My feet are starting to hurt a lot and my knees too. I am so so tired. I can sleep constantly. I feel like I have the flu daily with a cough and congestion. Making another doctors appointment. "

PinkCat (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Brilliant drug been on it since 2009 & everything was great ( skin & pain free ) but now my skin is getting bad, so upset what should I do. Was told Humira only works for so many years..... gutted . Would rather be in pain & have clear skin."

Lisa. Hopkins June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I took methotrexate for a while without much benefit. Once I started the Humira in combination with methotrexate, I noticed a huge change. I didn't have any pain or stiffness. It has been great! I haven't had any side effects. Just make sure you double check your prescription, once I accidentally got the syringes instead of the pens. Oops! The syringes are much more difficult."

SF525 June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis "I have the gene from my mom's and dad's side. There was, or still is a skip a generation rumor for psoriasis that could be true. I praise the Lord my daughter does not have it and she is going to turn 20 on July 4th . Age 13 it started as dandruff in cold weather. All sports player in the sun, thankfully it went away every summer. It moved to the knees and elbows over time through the same seasons. Then a spot, then 2 showed up on my chest. I summer sun tanned. It works. I went to coal tar, then to a diet, suffered like hell, hid, scratched, piled up skin I needed to vacuum every day. I couldn't get all the blood out the sheets. Methotrexate, psoriatane, Enbrel did well. Humira did great, only 2 shots a month. My psorsasis has beat it."

ScratchNmysleep (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I love this medication#! My pain level and swelling went from a pain level of eight down to a two.. Unbelievable."

Smolie 53 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "I have severe Crohn's Disease and after 15 months of taking Humira I developed night sweats and my abdomen was swollen so much it displaced some of my organs causing pain. I headed to emergency and after PET scan I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma cancer."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I really like this medication! It helps me with PSA and psoriasis and makes me feel like normal again. The only think I have to complain about is about 3 days before my next injection I can feel the medication has left my body so it doesn't last 100% the full 2 weeks it's supposed to"

Baydek2103 May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Have had psoriasis for 30 years I had a bad episode of planter fasciitis then the psoriasis affected my feet and lower legs really bad. So after fighting for three months finally got 80 percent paid by humira and it must go thru your insurance on the medical side and my Jehovah's got the co pay I am lucky. After a few months I am almost completely healed. Nothing but a big round, looks like a burn spot. No creams no lotions and potions."

Bad karma (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "About 2 weeks after starting Humira, I started experiencing loss of bowel and bladder control; I could no longer walk without a Rollator, could not do many daily tasks without assistance. My feet felt like I was wearing concrete blocks. Rheumatologist said it was "Ridiculous" to think these symptoms were associated with Humira. Well, 18 months later, I went to another Dr., who said I had symptoms of "Transverse Myelitis", associated with Humira in some patients. The bowel incontinence and mobility issues plus "concrete feet" went away within several DAYS."

ksquared (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am on plaqunil and the disease was progressing. My dr. (Whom I respect and value) recommended going on Humira. I gave myself the first injection and thought I had gotten my life back. I felt better almost instantly. Unfortunately eleven days later, I had a huge allergic reaction at the site of the injection and my entire body (head to toe) was covered in hives. I was in pain and very itchy for days. I had to discontinue the use of humira immediately and was put on steroids to calm everything down."

Tina123456 April 27, 2017