User Reviews for Humira

6.5
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Humira reviews 324 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Humira

For Psoriasis "I had one shot for PSA ,Psoriasis and it looks like I have gotten stung by a thousand bees and my psoriasis is worse six weeks after my shot. Needless to say I did not get the second shot. Worst drug reaction that I have ever had."

Sonomagal (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "This drug not only did not help reduce any symptoms of my Crohn's Disease, but it also caused severe issues. Though I maintained a healthy diet & stayed moderately active, I gained 15 pounds in a short amount of time on this drug. I also experienced hair loss. The most serious issue, however, is that I contracted multiple infections while on this drug. The first was a sinus infection that lasted more than two weeks. After this was over my doctor advised me to resume the Humira, and shortly afterwards, I ended up with severe sepsis that, according to several of the doctors in the hospital, probably would not have happened had I not been on Humira. I would never recommend this drug to anyone. It's not worth risking your life."

pa2787 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Made my symptoms worse and caused even more issues. The pain from the injection wasn't bad but the side effects were horrible. I say avoid this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

For Psoriasis "Taken my 4th injection so far and have barely any psoriasis plaques left. Nothing else has worked I have tried multiple creams and tablets that made me sick. Now with Humira I have no side affects, I am nearly all cleared up and best of all the injection is painless"

Angelou December 29, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I do 40mg weekly using the prefilled syringe & oh my god. It's the most horrifying pain I've ever felt. I would tell anyone considering going on Humira to strongly reconsider & rethink your options. It may only be 10-30 seconds but it will make you cry, no matter how tough you are. It's also not helping with my Crohn's disease at all, 0 change in inflammation. Do not use this."

KJLM1999 December 28, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After shot #1 I felt great. After shot # 2 I felt like I was having an RA flare. The night of shot #3 I felt like I might have the start of the flu. Within 2 days I had high fever, chills, teeth chattering. All my joints were in extreme pain, could not stand, felt dehydrated. Could hear my heart beat and blood whooshing in my ears. If this happens to you call 911. I took several Vitamin C & my husband helped me drink water while waiting for ambulance. I had blood poisoning due to an infected tooth ( did not realize I had a tooth problem until I was violently sick ) Your Dr will try to convince you to take these shots. Abbvie the makers of humira are marketing this to stock brokers. I think my dr. Must own stock in Abbvie / Humira. Beware!"

Rheumatoid 20 years (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

For Psoriasis "I'm 50yrs old and have lived with psoriasis for half that time. I don't like to even take ibuprofen so obviously I've been reluctant to go on such a significant biologic. That said, Humira has been an absolute miracle. I'm now after 90 days 100% cleared. This is not BS. THIS IS THE TRUTH. I couldn't be happier."

Lparker6366 December 3, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I think Humira works ok for psoriasis but almost nothing for arthritis. I had to go back to enbrel so I can at least get to work. If you just have psoriasis maybe its ok./"

cheltz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Have had bowel problems all my life. In 2004 diagnosed with Crohns. Put on Pentasa and 6MP which eventually stopped working. Through the generous Abbvie Patient Assistance program I was able to start Humira in December 2015. The change was quick and dramatic. Many symptoms either disappeared or lessened. At times eating certain foods bring on cramps but they can be managed. My only fear is that one year I will not be renewed in the Abbvie program. Medicare Part D has a copay which is quite high, well beyond my financial ability. This would result in loss of relief which Humira has provided."

Jolly Professor November 26, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I would never take this drug again and I would encourage you to never take this drug. The side effects were terrible."

James1000 November 23, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "After having crohns for 47 years I just went on Humira 2 months ago. So far so good."

Buzzberm (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

For Psoriasis "Had ankylosing spondylitis and psoriasis badly, within a day I felt lots better and could get out of bed without assistance and within 3 months I had zero psoriasis or back pain, it's life changing. Had psoriasis for over 10 years and had made me very depressed, this drug is a miracle and has changed my life"

Jon Penn November 19, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Has anyone suffered masses in esophagus, choking on food, severe coughing fits, and hard to catch your breath while on Humari? Any feed back is greatly appreciated"

MaciBelle November 15, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "first the shot is very painful and i have a very high pain tolerance. the whole time i've never been in remission and for about the past year and a half it stopped working which means options are out."

Goosev8 November 8, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Humira has been a miricle, llife-saving drug for me. Along with very informed astute medical professionals, I have been fortunate to have my Crohn's Dz go into remission. THANK GOD!! Any side effects or adverse reactions to the drug have been well worth enduring! Anyone that has had a true Crohn's flare up would agree."

JOE R. (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 8, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Have been on Humira for 2 months. Discontinued Endicort as MRI showed it was not working although I felt good. Within weeks got very sick again with fatigue, joint pain and abdominal pain. I had to go off work. Gastro Doctor prescribed prednisone for 5 weeks to bide me more time for the Humira to start working which was very effective for the pain. Have just finished the prednisone 5 days ago so am waiting for my Crohns symptoms to return. So far so good but my energy level is low"

worboys October 26, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "My reaction to Humira seems to be unusual. Within 2 hours of each injection I would sleep so soundly I was not wakened even by drilling in the next room. I generally wanted to do nothing but sleep for about 36 hours after each injection and overall I was unnaturally sleepy while on the medication. For the first 2 days after each injection I experienced burning joints and a flu-like feeling with more prominent pain in my lower back. The only positive symptom was experiencing less nausea than I did prior to treatment. It was a relief to stop and "wake up"."

Creaky Cailleach (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was initially put on Humira a couple years ago for my RA, after a failed attempt with using Enbrel and Methotrexate to treat my constantly inflamed and achy joints. I am pleased to report that with only 6 or so months with using Humira, it launched me into an incredible 2 year remission where I was completely pain free and had my life back. I knew it would be short lived, about 2 months ago some of the aches and inflammation started to come back. I told my Rheumy I wanted back on Humira so she gave me an injection and I took it last week. The arthritis was getting nasty before taking the injection and literally within not even 24 hours of my first injection, SYMPTOMS WERE GONE!! Humira works quickly and effectively!!"

Kim7171 October 21, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I started Humira injectable twice a week in conjunction with Methrotexate and Mobic since March of this year with no side effects, but no felt benefits either. I had to stop due to surgery and restarted once weekly three weeks ago and been having severe joint pain since I restarted Humira requiring a short course of cortisone. Resume Mobic a week ago. Joint pain continues and just haven't felt myself since I started Humira. The pain wakes me up at night and I am just miserable. This is no quality of life. Thank you all for sharing your experiences, it is a comfort to know other people understand your symptoms and that you are not alone! I don't think this is the best medicine for me. :("

RA Fighter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2016

For Psoriasis "Two months and no change at all :("

Rhondieee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

For Psoriasis "Not really sure how to rate this. I have plaque psoriasis. My doctor prescribed me the Humira. After my first 2 starter doses I started to notice some hair loss. Then I took my first single dose. Noticed even more hair loss. When I washed my hair it was coming out in clumps. Drain was full of hair. So, I stopped the humira and had to switch to another medication. Not sure if this medication would have worked or not. Wasn't able to use it long enough."

hcoy1970 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

For Psoriasis "56 yr old female. 6 weeks of humira no change at all :/ still using clobetasol and hydrocortisone along with it no change :("

Rhondiee September 28, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have been on Humira since 2011- It takes care of my psoriasis and ulcerative colitis. I can actually have a life thanks to Humira. Before I used to take cortisone shots into my psoriasis every few months with steroid creams. I also used to be on the toilet all the time. I was hospitalized in 2010 because I had a fever with a bleeding diarrhea. I lost much blood and the fever would not go away. I finally got back on my feet. Since then I run 5-6 times a week and squeeze lemon juice after runs. I have had no infection or colds in years and Im on Humira. I also do not eat fast food much anymore and cook for myself. I understand there are some risks with this drug so be careful. I am thankful to the universe bc so far so good. thanks Humira"

howie feltersnatch (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 23, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have been a Crohn's sufferer since I was 18, I'm now 47. I have had two bowel resections, multiple blockages and bowel symptoms that left me house bound for days at a time. I have been on Prednisone so much that I have maxed out the lifetime exposure limit, have tried Methotrexate (nausea+++), Pentasa (no change) and Remicade (serum reaction). I have been on Humira now for over 8 years and aside from a few minor flare-ups, I have a life back. Bless all of the programs and benefit companies that have recognized that this medication has restored some people to being productive once again."

TNPMEDIC (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 22, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was put on Humira when I was 25 and I am now currently 31. The first thing I noticed was that it cleared up my plaque psoriasis very quickly. My nails and scalp looked normal within 3-4 weeks. I have PsA in my spine, ankles, knees and hands. I was having trouble walking and experienced chronic fatigue which caused me to gain 20 lbs very quickly. I would fall asleep from exhaustion after getting myself showered and dressed. After the Humira took effect I had my energy back. I could exercise again and I was back to doing the things I enjoyed. I still experience flare ups (mostly due to stress) and I still have difficulty sitting for long periods of time, but this drug was life changing. Vicodin helps me with the flare ups."

Sparksfly (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 21, 2016