User Reviews for Humira

6.4
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Humira reviews 359 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Humira

For Ulcerative Colitis "I've been in remission for 5 years."

Victoria I June 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I used Humira for 3 months, I felt much better but then got cancer (Hodgekins lymfoma) and TB."

Louis62e June 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Diagnosed with RA 2014 started with methotrexate and low dose prednisone. 46yrs. Had other medical cond and taken of meds for approx 1 1/2 years. Placed back on meth/pred in 2016. Started humira Feb 2017 weekly shot and taken off meth/pred. Then went to humira every other week and placed back on meth/pred. Now humira every other week only. Then informed my RA was being managed and taken off meth/pred once again. It is now June and I feel terrible. My hands are killing me. They feel like they are on fire/placed in a press/hot/cold/a sleep/etc. My feet are starting to hurt a lot and my knees too. I am so so tired. I can sleep constantly. I feel like I have the flu daily with a cough and congestion. Making another doctors appointment. "

PinkCat (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Brilliant drug been on it since 2009 & everything was great ( skin & pain free ) but now my skin is getting bad, so upset what should I do. Was told Humira only works for so many years..... gutted . Would rather be in pain & have clear skin."

Lisa. Hopkins June 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I took methotrexate for a while without much benefit. Once I started the Humira in combination with methotrexate, I noticed a huge change. I didn't have any pain or stiffness. It has been great! I haven't had any side effects. Just make sure you double check your prescription, once I accidentally got the syringes instead of the pens. Oops! The syringes are much more difficult."

SF525 June 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "I have the gene from my mom's and dad's side. There was, or still is a skip a generation rumor for psoriasis that could be true. I praise the Lord my daughter does not have it and she is going to turn 20 on July 4th . Age 13 it started as dandruff in cold weather. All sports player in the sun, thankfully it went away every summer. It moved to the knees and elbows over time through the same seasons. Then a spot, then 2 showed up on my chest. I summer sun tanned. It works. I went to coal tar, then to a diet, suffered like hell, hid, scratched, piled up skin I needed to vacuum every day. I couldn't get all the blood out the sheets. Methotrexate, psoriatane, Enbrel did well. Humira did great, only 2 shots a month. My psorsasis has beat it."

ScratchNmysleep (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I love this medication#! My pain level and swelling went from a pain level of eight down to a two.. Unbelievable."

Smolie 53 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease "I have severe Crohn's Disease and after 15 months of taking Humira I developed night sweats and my abdomen was swollen so much it displaced some of my organs causing pain. I headed to emergency and after PET scan I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma cancer."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I really like this medication! It helps me with PSA and psoriasis and makes me feel like normal again. The only think I have to complain about is about 3 days before my next injection I can feel the medication has left my body so it doesn't last 100% the full 2 weeks it's supposed to"

Baydek2103 May 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Plaque Psoriasis "Have had psoriasis for 30 years I had a bad episode of planter fasciitis then the psoriasis affected my feet and lower legs really bad. So after fighting for three months finally got 80 percent paid by humira and it must go thru your insurance on the medical side and my Jehovah's got the co pay I am lucky. After a few months I am almost completely healed. Nothing but a big round, looks like a burn spot. No creams no lotions and potions."

Bad karma (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "About 2 weeks after starting Humira, I started experiencing loss of bowel and bladder control; I could no longer walk without a Rollator, could not do many daily tasks without assistance. My feet felt like I was wearing concrete blocks. Rheumatologist said it was "Ridiculous" to think these symptoms were associated with Humira. Well, 18 months later, I went to another Dr., who said I had symptoms of "Transverse Myelitis", associated with Humira in some patients. The bowel incontinence and mobility issues plus "concrete feet" went away within several DAYS."

ksquared (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am on plaqunil and the disease was progressing. My dr. (Whom I respect and value) recommended going on Humira. I gave myself the first injection and thought I had gotten my life back. I felt better almost instantly. Unfortunately eleven days later, I had a huge allergic reaction at the site of the injection and my entire body (head to toe) was covered in hives. I was in pain and very itchy for days. I had to discontinue the use of humira immediately and was put on steroids to calm everything down."

Tina123456 April 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease "I've had crohn's for about 6 years (age 25) and only 1 surgery so far. I started Humira about 7 months ago and was so happy with how well it worked & how affordable! I went from probably my worst flare up ever to feeling 100% every day. However, I have been experiencing the most random side effects from it. I'm seeing multiple different doctors right now for many different things and still don't know if anything is actually wrong, but it sure feels like something isn't right. Some of the side effects I've experienced: severe skin rash on chest and back, sudden urge to urinate all the time, fatigue, headaches, muscle soreness, arms and legs easily going numb, and sweating A LOT..there's more but I'll spare you."

Abbey Rig April 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "I've had moderate plaque psoriasis for 20 years and have done every topical steroid under the sun, which usually worked about 25-50% in the short term but then lost effectiveness. UV light was about 50% effective but did nothing for my scalp, which is always bad and very itchy. I resisted Humira for nearly 2 yrs because of fear of side effects and greater risk of infection. I have had three shots now and am probably 85% clear. You can see slightly discolored areas of skin but there are no more plaques. I noticed some improvement honestly within 3 days of my first double shot. I haven't noticed any side effects yet and hope my luck holds and I hope I can continue to afford it, because the cost after 2 months is going up."

jbo29 April 20, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Plaque Psoriasis "Did not work for me, caused worsening of Psoriasis. I developed Psoriasis lesions in areas I never had before. Very dissatisfied, I was hoping it would really help since I read a lot of successful stories. I have had Psoriasis for 23 years and treated it with topical steroids and moisturizers. 2 years ago I started Otezla which worked for about 18 months. I started developing lesions on my hands. Then after starting Humira I developed lesions on the bottom of my feet and palmar aspect of my hands. Systemic medications have actually caused my Psoriasis to worsen. If you can control it with topicals avoid systemic medications. I am regretting taking these medications, there is no going back now. Now topicals don't work at all."

Unhappy and disappointed April 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "I got psoriasis when I was about 14 years old, rapidly spreading from my right knee to both my elbows and my scalp which was very disruptive to my confidence as a kid about to start high school, started off with a few oral drugs which barely worked, started enbryll at 17 and it worked for about 1-2 years before I started to notice my psoriasis coming back. I started humira when I was around 18-19 and am still on it now as I am 22 years old and have not had a single side effect from either biologic. It does keep me up at night from time to time thinking I'll need it for the rest of my life or looking at any nasty side effects but considering I haven't experienced even any common ones I tell myself to relax and appreciate how normal I feel."

Stuiee (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis "I started taking Humira January 2016 after remicade did not work for me. I used to always have to scope out a bathroom when I went anywhere. If it did not have a bathroom, I would not go there. I was always scared that my stomach would hurt when there was no where for me to go. But after humira, I can actually go somewhere and not worry about where the restroom is! I can actually sleep all through the night without waking up from stomach pain. I still can not eat red meat, not a lot of fried foods or drink alcohol (besides white wine). But humira has given me my life back!"

BridgetteSelf April 18, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis "Humira ruined my life. I now have horrible arthritis that wakes me up screaming in pain when I move my knees. My joints are swelling and painful. I have also lost control of my left bicep, it went dead and no longer works. I also have horrible nerve pain, especially around my elbows. This medicine caused so many new problems for me that I never had before taking it. I just had mild to moderate UC before taking this. Im now in pain all the time. I failed Lialda, and Remicade before this."

Jake who hates Humira April 12, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "At first it gave me a red rash and did not help with my psoriasis. My doctor gave me a cream for the rash and it went away and said I should keep using it. Several months later I am as clear as I have been since first getting the medication. Pro tip- get the co pay assistance card."

Jon888 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I'm a 69 yr old woman with seronegative RA - hence it took a long time for a diagnosis. Many rheumatologists do not understand that you can be seronegative & have RA. Sad. After several years of anti inflammatory drugs & cortisone I was prescribed Humira. Took about 2 months & wow! Not so much pain relief but having so much less fatigue. As I live in Australia my experience with obtaining the drug is different to the US. My rheumatologist makes application through the federal government after other drugs have failed & they heavily subsidise. Thus far no obvious side effects. However, reading other's comments I wonder about the flushes at night - never had them as a menopausal symptom...... Wish you all the best in managing RA"

Azif March 31, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My brother of 42 yrs died of t - cell lymphoma from this drug. I am a healthcare professional. This web site will not let me post this bad review."

Docandteresa March 30, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I'm 48 year old female and I've had arthritis and fibromyalgia since 2008. Have tried many medications which am allergic to most. I have also been diagnosed with RA recently. My mother has it so probably got passed to me. I've been on steroids and muscle relaxes they help me with no side effects. My rheumatologist just put me on humira. I've givign myself 4 injection praying for some relief. But I am actually feeling worse. Doc says it's just my body getting worse but I'm thinking my body doesn't like the medication. I'm going to give it 3 more months of I don't get to feeling worse. Was really counting on this medication to help me."

S.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis "Started HUMIRA 8 weeks ago and my Psoriasis is worse than ever. It is causing worsening of itching, my hands and feet are dryer, itchy, painful than ever. I am developing new lesions in areas I never had before. My Dermatologist recommended to take it another 4 weeks but it is unbearable. I read that some patients develop anti drug antibodies, I suspect I may be one of them."

Dissapointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis "This ended up being the end of my relationship with my GI. He wouldn't accept that it was making me very ill. He told me to just keep taking it. This was 6 months in. I decided to quit it and him at the same time. My GI was a narcissist, anyways.."

Kaos March 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I'm a 53 year old male, have had Ankylosing Spondylitits since I was a teenager, undiagnosed until a bout of Uveitis (inflammation in my eye) in 2010, the blood tests revealed I was HLA B27. From there my illness steadily progressed until hospitalisation in 2016, by the end of 2016 I was having more frequent episodes of uveitis followed by debilitation reactive arthritis that left me unable to move. The last episode in Feb 2017 saw me hospitalised again, due to the pain of my ribs expanding when trying to breath. I received my first Humira injection pen injection the day after being hospitalised in Feb...... It's a miracle. Within 24 hours I was feeling better than I had felt in 8 years. Humira has given me a second chance."

bez March 13, 2017