User Reviews for Humira

6.5
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Humira reviews 282 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Humira

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Denny 56, very happy to hear it is helping you and your doing better.From my experience please watch your breathing and night sweats very closely.Get checked out asap if these happen to you.This is how all my problems started.Just trying to help with a heads up on this, and I hope it works out for you. Another 50 something male with RA."

Hum no (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Humira injections for one full year. My psoriasis completely cleared after three months however I did develop a couple of side effects. The first one came when I started having trouble with my left knee. I had been administrating the medicine in my thighs, alternating each thigh as instructed, but developed tendinitis. I couldn't admin the injection into my stomach due to severe scarring so I my only option were my thighs. It seemed to subside after the 6th month. During my 8th month on humira I noticed terrible stomach pains. I gained 15 pounds in only 8 months and started having gallbladder attacks. A few months later, I discontinued my humira and haven't had anymore digestive problems. Psoriasis is back with a vengeance though"

Nicole563737 July 22, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had exactly the same thing happen to me as jayall and jall did.No breathing problems or skin problems prior, but on my seventh injection I got deathly ill with pneumonia,2 weeks in hospital with different antibiotics and antifungal. Had lung fluid drained , now have scar tissue and copd and psoriasis.Was and still on methotrexate and plaqunil and Orencia IV now.Joint pain not better after six months IV ,just upped IV dosage hoping for some relief. Humira Made things extremely worse for me but may work for others."

Hum no (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2016

For Psoriasis "I've had severe psoriasis since I was about 10 (18 now). It covered my entire torso, back, scalp, forehead, and arms. I literally tried EVERYTHING but found things worked for a very short period before it just all came back. Originally I was on enbrel but I really couldn't handle the pain of the injections, so I couldn't keep taking them regularly and so eventually they stopped working. Humira for me, although still painful, was much more bearable than enbrel. It took a couple of months to work but now my skin is completely clear and I've never been happier. Of course, the down side is that if it continues to work I'll be having the injection for the rest of my life, but for me this is a small price to pay for the amazing results it's given"

H1998 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "very effective, so far no side effects hope to stay like this forever. love it. hope it helps all with Psoriasis out there."

pdeva July 17, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have had Psoriasis for 32 long years on scalp, knees, elbows, back, sides, rear end area and have tried all the prescription creams and steroid injections, salt water and all the home remedies. Some helped but never got down below 20% coverage. The past 2 years I have had psoriatic arthritis in my toes, elbows, back, hips and neck. On 24 June 2016 I injected myself with Humira, within 2 days my pain throughout my body had gone down to a pain level of 1 to 2 from an 8 on a scale of 10. I have not seen anything like it !!!! I have taken my second dose and the pain level is around 1. I was blaming my pain and stiffness on old age, I feel like I better than I have in 20 years. My psoriasis have lost all the scale and are smooth."

DENNY, AGE 56 (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

For Psoriasis "I am a 53 year old male and have had extreme psoriasis since i was 21 years old, Humira has improved my life so much i have been taking this medicine for 3 months with little side affects as far as i can see. i have been on holiday and for the first time , as long as i can recall, i have not felt ashamed to be by a pool and taking some sun in "GREAT feeling""

E Casey July 4, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "This medication has been a miracle for me. After loading dose, by day 5 it was like a light switch was toggled. I've been 95% better and feel normal again for first time in 15 years (I'm 36). Nothing else worked and I was miserable with low quality of life. I still have to change my automatic way of thinking: scouting out nearest bathrooms, foregoing meals before social events, etc. I'm gradually branching out from my safe foods list (very small by the time I started Humira). The only side effect had been more severe allergies than usual and a few headaches here and there. The shots are extremely painful for me, but 10-15 seconds of extreme discomfort for 15 Crohn's-free days seems like a very fair trade. So thankful for this medication."

BMan1979 (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Severe back pain while sleeping started over a year ago... Assumed it was work related, so I started looking for a new job. Then the foot/ankle pain and joint swelling came. I was in terrible pain and could barely walk around at my new job. Finally after seeing seeing my pcp multiple times, I went to ortho. She referred my to a rheumatologist. I thought I was a healthy 30+ year old, but after 6 months of blood tests, X-Ray's mri's and multiple follow ups... I now have the official diagnosis. I noticed an immediate difference as soon as I took Humira. I have had 3 doses And symptoms are gone... Although my feet get sore just as I'm due for the next treatment. I'm worried about the long term side effects, but for now just happy without pain."

RN with ankylosing spondylitis (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Saved my life. Saved my mariage. Had Psoriasis and P. arthritis since grade school. Covered me from head to toe 80% Started Humira at 41. Been on it now for over 3 years. The only side effects I notice is that my shoulder no longer has me crying in tears over the pain and my Psoriasis is gone. Totally gone. Strangely however, in the past year and half the areas I once had persisrant Psoriasis have now turned into freckled pacthes. Some if the freckles are fairly dark. But I'll take some freckles over the he'll I lI've with most my life and make the choice to start Humira all over again. Saved me for sure. Don't even know what I would do if I lost my Humira. Shots are no big deal."

Motchoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I've been on humira for almost 2 years. I feel it works pretty well, I do notice some joint pain before it rains, and the day before my shot, but my doctor says that can be due to damage already done. For anyone considering starting it, my experience was this, I typically have plaque psoriasis on my scalp and knees, when I first started the shots I had an itchy 2-3 day rash at the injection site (This my doctor resolved by having me ice the shot site first, I recommend this to everyone) I also had guttate psoriasis spread over my thighs and sides, which thankfully went away as I said after 4 months, it was painful and snagged on my clothes, it would have been a deal breaker if it didn't go away, but it did thankfully."

K'nick June 17, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "Have been taking humira for my severe ulcerative colitis since 2013. This drug has worked wonders for me I sometimes forget I have colitis. Only side affects I've seen are sensitivity to the sun and recurring infections...would take that over spending the day in the bathroom."

Mnm15d (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "For Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was diagnosed since 2011, nothing works well. Till I am allowed Humira 40MG. pen + 20 mg. of Methotrexate every 2 weeks. Humira works over night, none of the side effects. I am back to my perfect self again. Now I am waiting for another shoe to drop; medications stop working, insurance stop covering, liver funk out etc."

imjustagirl June 10, 2016

For Psoriasis "I was on Humira for maybe 6 months. It was amazing how my psoriasis was disappearing before my eyes. A couple months in I began to become unstable when standing. I used handrails and the kids as a crutch. Eventually that wasn't enough I needed my husband and soon after a Cain. I had to teach myself how to walk again with physical therapy it took 30 minutes just to walk three houses down and back. I went back to the Dr who said in rare cases it can cause MS like symptoms and I was very saddened to be removed from this medicine. Within weeks I was back to normal. But here's the kicker I had plaque psoriasis on about 30 percent of my body when I started Humira. 2 yrs later I am covered in about 90 percent n it has this since age 11! SAD!!"

love hate Humira (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been taking humira for two years for severe rheumatoid arthritis. One 40 mg shot a week. It's worked wonders on my arthritis. I also take 15 mg methotrexate once a week. No side effects except for extreme mood swings from extreme anger to laughing so hard I'd be in tears. I thought I was going crazy until I saw comments from other people taking humira with similar side effects. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences .I'm not nuts after all."

Anonymous May 27, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "Started my humira on Thursday and was suicidal by Sunday. I only took 4 injections and this medication destroyed me mentally and physically."

JD2008 May 7, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "Complete remission within first month, for about six years. Then, developed a bacterial infection (lymph nodes) that couldn't be controlled, so discontinued Humira. Infection subsided about six months after discontinuing Humira."

Ron H. May 7, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was put on to Humira after trying DMARDs that just wouldn't control my RA which went to being severe in a very short space of time from first diagnosis. I have now been on the drug together with 10mg methotraxate for 2 years and haven't looked back. When I think back to being in so much pain that I couldn't get out of bed and had to have my husband help me climb the stairs there is no comparison. Now I exercise 3 times a week and am able to work without being constantly off ill. I did take shingles last year which wasn't very pleasant but other than that I haven't had any other side effects thankfully. I feel like I've been given my life back."

Humira lifesaver May 6, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Using for a bout a year a fight to get it due to the cost. It's swings and roundabouts and at least I can work now but think I have become more argumentative. I think if I was a bit older I would not take it. Any one looking to take it don't let anyone put you off its different for everyone. P.S when my consultant said one of the side effects was hair loss think she was joking with me because last time I had a hair cut was in the 90's!"

Ashburton646 May 5, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "They told me not to expect any results for at least 3 months. 36 hours after my first injection, I felt great. My worst symptoms had gone away, and the remaining symptoms are slowly going away."

Bill_Tr May 5, 2016

For Hidradenitis Suppurativa "So far so good. I have been on Humira for over 2 years."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 4, 2016

For Psoriasis "Worked good for about 4 months then my psoriasis started to come back within 8 months it almost like it was before Humira. One year later it has became completely useless."

Rockymountainway (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Hello all! I never do these things but I wanted to share my experience with everyone. In 2013 I was diagnosed with plaque psoriasis :/ ointments helped at first but eventually my condition became worse. My self confidence was at an all time low, I couldn't go outside without feeling embarrassed. My doctor recommended Humira. I have been on Humira for about 5 months now. I saw results in the first week. I was almost completely clear, I couldn't believe it. As time went on, my condition started improving day by day. Today IM COMPLETEY CLEAR!!!!!!!!!! I can't express my gratitude towards this medication enough. I haven't had any side effects in the five months I've been on it (knock on wood). I feel great and look great once again! DO IT!"

Joseph Hayden April 26, 2016

For Psoriasis "Weight gain. was in hospital for other illness and had to go off humira lost 35 lbs soon after going back on it started gaining weight. Doctors say no relationship I strongly disagree. Anyone else"

Billcy April 19, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been humira for around six months. Here lately I've noticed a rash that itches super bad. It started on my face where my left side of face was swollen and hard with itching bad. Please if anyone has had this happen please let me know. 4/17/16."

Melaynie wells April 19, 2016