User Reviews for Humira

Humira Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 40 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease, Acute.

Reviews for Humira to treat Crohn's Disease, Acute

"My doctor prescribed Humira for my Crohn's disease about 6 months ago. Within that time I have experienced no benefits as a matter of fact my flare-ups are increasingly becoming worse and more painful. It is affecting my ability to work and perform simply activities of daily living. the side effects are endless. I would not recommend this form of treatment. I am currently researching other alternatives for my severe Crohn's disease."

Lrd April 9, 2018

"The few months I was on humira was the sickest I've ever been in my entire life. I got the flu- lasted 4 weeks, pink eye, cold sore, again for 4 weeks, you name it and I got it. This was about 5 years ago, and I have since had 4 basil cell carcinoma surgeries on my FACE, and found this site because I believe I now have a Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Leak. It did NOTHING to help the crohn's, nor the accompanying arthritis. Want to spend 6 months in bed wishing you were in a coma, then this is for you."

Anonymous- salem MA (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

"It was awesome while it lasted but it eventually caused pressure in my spinal fluid and gave me very severe headaches. I had to go off of Humira. I developed severe Crohn's symptoms and had to have a permanent ostomy. I will soon get a proctectomy also."

Sloth Boy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2016

"I had an ileostomy 34 years ago, whilst in my 20s, for severe Ulcerative Colitis. After many obstructions I had been left with short bowel syndrome. Two years ago I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease after fistulas started leaking faeces through my skin. After a 6 hour surgery I was put on Humira. After a year I came out of remission and was put on Humira weekly. Despite that I am now bleeding internally. I have only 4 foot of bowel left and have just finished 60 day diet without food. I have nowhere to go as my surgeon said further surgery isn't an option. Humira has extended my life by slowing the disease I'm sure. Every day is a blessing and I'm so much better than 2 years ago. I still have time to enjoy life with my family. I'm grateful"

Possumrael (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 16, 2015

"I've had Crohn's Disease since I was 8 years old. I am 52 now. I've had over 15 surgeries related to the disease. Humira has made my life so much better than I can ever remember it being. Not only is the medication great, but between the manufacturer (Abbvie), Connecticare,& Walgreens, they have me on a reduced cost plan which makes it easily affordable ."

Daisysofie123 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2014

"Within 4 months of having the maximum dose once a week, I was pain free! I inject myself weekly with the pen and together with Methotrexate, the Crohns and rheumatoid arthritis are simply bad memories now."

Anonymous April 4, 2012

"I have been taking Humira for about 3 years now and it has worked amazingly well. For active lifestyle patients such as myself, I would highly encourage you to ask your physician about using Humira before any other biologic. The at home/take with you injections cause absolutely no disruption in my lifestyle or travel schedules."

Anonymous May 9, 2010