User Reviews for Humira

Learn more about Humira.

Humira Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Humira to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

"I suffered from psoriasis for about 5 years and then started with severe pain in my fingers, then my wrist, elbows, shoulders, knees, and finally my toes. I had no idea what was wrong with me and I literally thought I was dying. I was only 46 years old. I was finally diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I started Humira and within 2 weeks I was pain free and have been since. I have been on Humira for over 2 years now. I have not suffered from any side effects at all. Humira also cleared up my skin about 90%, and the only symptom I still have from the PA is the fatigue. Before Humira I could not throw football with my kids or catch a football I was in so much pain, now I can throw ball, ride bike, play basketball whatever I want to do."

Analogkidd August 12, 2016

"I have had Psoriasis for 32 long years on scalp, knees, elbows, back, sides, rear end area and have tried all the prescription creams and steroid injections, salt water and all the home remedies. Some helped but never got down below 20% coverage. The past 2 years I have had psoriatic arthritis in my toes, elbows, back, hips and neck. On 24 June 2016 I injected myself with Humira, within 2 days my pain throughout my body had gone down to a pain level of 1 to 2 from an 8 on a scale of 10. I have not seen anything like it !!!! I have taken my second dose and the pain level is around 1. I was blaming my pain and stiffness on old age, I feel like I better than I have in 20 years. My psoriasis have lost all the scale and are smooth."

DENNY, AGE 56 (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

"Saved my life. Saved my mariage. Had Psoriasis and P. arthritis since grade school. Covered me from head to toe 80% Started Humira at 41. Been on it now for over 3 years. The only side effects I notice is that my shoulder no longer has me crying in tears over the pain and my Psoriasis is gone. Totally gone. Strangely however, in the past year and half the areas I once had persisrant Psoriasis have now turned into freckled pacthes. Some if the freckles are fairly dark. But I'll take some freckles over the he'll I lI've with most my life and make the choice to start Humira all over again. Saved me for sure. Don't even know what I would do if I lost my Humira. Shots are no big deal."

Motchoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2016

"I've been on humira for almost 2 years. I feel it works pretty well, I do notice some joint pain before it rains, and the day before my shot, but my doctor says that can be due to damage already done. For anyone considering starting it, my experience was this, I typically have plaque psoriasis on my scalp and knees, when I first started the shots I had an itchy 2-3 day rash at the injection site (This my doctor resolved by having me ice the shot site first, I recommend this to everyone) I also had guttate psoriasis spread over my thighs and sides, which thankfully went away as I said after 4 months, it was painful and snagged on my clothes, it would have been a deal breaker if it didn't go away, but it did thankfully."

K'nick June 17, 2016

"I have had moderate psoriasis for about 15 years which I've managed with topicals. It started to get worse along with me developing psoriatic arthritis all of a sudden. I decided it was time to call on the big guns. This stuff is pretty great! My psoriasis cleared up in about a month and my PsA was gone pretty much instantly! The injections are a little uncomfortable but if you let it warm up a bit and learn the tricks it's not so bad. Small sacrifice really. I've had no side effects other than I am a little tired after the shot so I take it right before bed. So glad to have this medicine! Hope it keeps working for many years to come."

corpkid (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2016

"I had an awful time with Methotrexate side-effects but the disease went into remission and I stopped. Two years later it was back and this time we tried Humira. The psoriasis cleared up after about 8 weeks and the arthritis inflammation disappeared. It's been about a year today with no side effects other than fatigue at the end of the work day. I'm 61 and feel I can work another 5 years. Without Humira I don't think I could. Great drug, but too damned expensive. Bring on the generics."

Mickey Stimpson January 27, 2016

"I took Embrel for several years before switching to Humira. I liked the thought of synthetic mouse protein over live mouse protein...plus I was having terrible injection site reactions to Enbrel. Humira almost killed me. I developed a severe jaw bone infection. Was hospitalized for days with IV antibiotics...almost died. I developed severe Central Nervous Symptoms...was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis...was Multiple Sclerosis, but the Humira reaction mimicked that. I lost almost a 100 pounds in 6 weeks (the only perk) and had the MS symptoms for 6 months. Six years later, I still have the CNS symptoms, if I get a fever. This drug left lesions in my brain and my spine and that's why I get recurring CNS symptoms."

Long Island January 9, 2016

"I have used this product with great success for years! My daughter uses it for Crohn's Disease with good success. My reason for writing this review is say I am so happy with this company!. Being a senior , I am on a fixed income. The company provided me with a coach & now get it for free. The delivery is amazing. I get several months at a time & of course have to be at home to sign for it as it is an expensive medicine. I was advised the medicine would arrive around 10AM today. At 10:10 AM my door bell rang and received my supply for a couple months arrived ."

Paul Garrison (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2015

"I was diagnosed worh pa in 2004 after trying methotrexate (horibble drug which caused blackouts) I am now 37. I was prescribed Humira. I had severe plaque psoriasis and limited mobility. After the initial fear the injections were very easy to administer. I inject into my tummy, occasionally I get one that stings. This drug has saved my life. After the first injection I noticed improvement with pain and after 6 weeks my psoriasis had cleared up. I was able to take my daughter swimming after hiding behind my clothes for Years. If you read the leaflet there are hideous side affects and I feel sad that a lot Of people experience these. I have taken it for 3 years and it has improved my quality of life."

Spangly October 21, 2015

"Cleared my horrible skin from all my plaques and helps me on my every day activities by reducing the inflammation of my joints . I could be without , that's a fact . Humira is a life changer for me ."

Rob Rodriguez August 30, 2015

"A severe joint/muscle pain was completely cleared after the first injection. No further joint inflammation occurred; the affected joints remained as deformed as they were but without any pain. A widespread scalp psoriasis was cleared during the first two months. Subsequent occurrences of psoriasis were very mild and short."

Efry May 17, 2015

"Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis (for at least a decade now) have led me to Humira. The results have been super since I began a few years ago. Brown spots, freckle sized, have appeared in the areas where the Psoriasis was. No one has any idea from Drs to pharmacists. "

Spiral Architect (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2014

"5.5 yrs on this miracle"

Super n (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 2, 2014

"I've injected three Humira pen needles so far, been on the treatment for six weeks. I've had Psoriatic Arthritis for 13 years. Humira began clearing up the psoriasis on my elbows after the second injection. My scalp is beginning to flake a bit less. My actual arthritis feels about the same so far. My rheumatologist wants me to stay on Humira at least 6 months to try it on my psoriasis, as long as I don't have an adverse reaction to it. It took about six weeks beforehand, after I got the written prescription for my BCBS insurance to approve the twice monthly medicated needles. It's around $5k per month for the two needles but I pay only $90 month co pay after the coverage. I will report back here again if I have further significant recovery, I'm hopeful."

JHC1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2014

"Since being on Humira, I am a whole new person. It was hard being diagnosed at 29 with a new baby to take care of. I could barely get out of bed, open a jar or change a diaper. I do have headaches often, fatigue and slight mood swings, but worth it. I have my life back."

Polkadott (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2014

"I have used this for over a year and a half at first it worked fine however now after long term use I have started to have some heart issues. I'm only 53, have had good heart. Last shot I took put me down for 3 days the second day after I was hardly able to walk and had bad heart palpitations along with high fever all of which are side effects. I have appointment coming up and will not take another shot. "

steve130 May 24, 2014

"I fell down quickly when the arthritis part of the psoriasis hit me at 50. I had always had bad nails and I developed psoriasis while taking Alpha Interpheron at 40. At first I took methotrexate 25mg/week by mouth. That was a disaster. I went to sub Q and that worked very well, however, after a year, I began to get sick with the flu or such. It lasted 60 days and I had to get off the methotrexate and nearly wound up in the ICU. From a cold or flu! Got better, then 45 days later, got sick again. Thanks to the ACA, I have insurance and am able to take Humira. It works pretty well on the psoriasis and also works pretty well on the arthritis. But, after several months, my feet are getting sore and my right wrist is weakening."

Skippygood grief April 15, 2014

"When I started taking Humira in 2008, I was covered over 80% of my body. Took Humira, and it was at least 8 weeks (if not more) for any improvement on the plaque psoriasis, although I noticed big improvement in arthritis pain and stiffness. Once it cleared, within 2 years it was again widespread. Finally I have been on it regularly for two years in addition to Methotrexate (without it I feel it in my knees and hands). I now only have no more than 5 spots here and there. Very happy with it, and only side effect was 1 time liver function affected, but easily fixed with lesser dose of Methotrexate."

Jeannie in DC March 11, 2014

"I have had psoriasis since I was 15 and mild psoriatic arthritis since I was 20, now four years later my psoriasis started to flare up after nearly a three and a half year remission due to treatment and develop in all the old places with it came severe psoriatic arthritis. Over the course of four months I went from moving normally to being in severe nearly constant pain and walking with a cane. I went to my dermatologist to see about any treatments and she prescribed me Humira. The day after the first two pen treatment I was walking with little pain and within a week I didn't need a cane any more. So far the only side effect I have had was a mild headache after the injection. Humira essentially gave me my life back."

Creaky man-89 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2014

"I have been on Humira for over 7 years. I first tried Remicade in 2001 and it was a miracle. I have had psoriasis since age 14 and Psoriatic arthritis since 1994 but symptoms of the arthritis since 1989. I was always a runner but gave that up in 1998 until Remicade. Remicade worked great for a few years but eventually your own body builds up antibodies to it and it stops working. I have tried 4 other biologic medicines but always come back to Humira one shot a week. Over the years it has stopped working as well but I notice the difference when I do not take my shot. Still pretty miserable but still able to work full time and take care of my family. The IL 17 inhibitors are coming out soon and they look very promising."

PsAth (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2014

"I am 23, got diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis last year. I been miss diagnosed with systemic yeast infection because of the psoriasis and took 10 weeks of anti fungal prescription medicine which didn't help of course because that's not what I had. I went to a different doctor and he sent me to a rheumatoid specialist and from there he introduced and prescribed me Humira and I took my 1st injection and the next morning I woke up and my joint pain, swelling and psoriasis greatly reduced."

Ben scott (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2013

"First time on Humira was like a miracle, my arthritis was minimal & my psoriasis too but I felt "finally a cure" and it cleared everything up. After taking Humira for 2 yrs I missed 1 month of shots (had it in the freezer by mistake). I thought it'll be okay however, my psoriasis came back worse than ever. I went back on Humira hoping everything will clear again and it hasn't so now I'm in a limbo again should I stay or should I stop. Has anyone experience this and if so what have you done? PLEASE HELP."

Desperate in HI (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2013

"My son was diagnosed with Juvenile Psoriatic Arthritis when he was in fourth grade. By the time he was finally diagnosed he was in a wheelchair and unable to move most of his major joints...even his jaw was affected due to the severe arthritis. Today I can say thanks to God, Humira, and monthly visits to Shriner's Hospital he has graduated from High School and is now in REMISSION!"

A Momma July 5, 2013

"Changed my life for better in terms of mobility but very prone to picking up viruses, had several infections after a hand operation as a result and get nausea, upset tummy and more tired than I used to but I'm walking and have low pain levels so worth it. My psoriasis is nearly gone."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2012

"I have been experiencing extreme pain since 2009 from psoriatic arthritis, tried methotrexate no luck, finally started Humira 72 hours ago and already no pain whatsoever. A lot faster than I ever expected. The injection is not bad at all, a very small needle with a slight sting, but I'll take a 5 minute sting over the pain I had any day. I have not had any side effects yet I will edit this post if I do in future. I found these post very helpful with my decision to start Humira so I though I would return the favor."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2012

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate