User Reviews for Humira

Humira Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Humira to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

"I was on the med about a year and a half ago. I loved it - cleared everything up! I felt good and confident! I did however get in a car crash shortly after the medication was kicking in. That being said I was given medication to bring down inflammation and pain in my freshly injured spine, hip, and pelvic bone. When it came time for me to do my injections the pain pills I were on interfered with my injections and I started getting a large swollen circle around the injection sight. My dermatologist quickly pulled me off of it and its all came back 10x worse. I remember waking up a everyday more disappointed and angry because having this disease is already obnoxious itchy and painful, but going from having nothing to a big break out makes you go crazy and it felt worse than ever. I guess I was to used to having a good thing."

luckyblackcat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

"I am a 66 year old female, and just took my 3rd injection of Humira. My skin is clearing steadily. I am hoping to get more joint pain relief soon. I also had a hip replacement 8 months ago and wasn't getting much exercise. I am joining a gym (a half block away from my apartment-NO EXCUSES, eh?) tomorrow and hope to do light weights along with tread/elliptical machines. Hoping the exercise will also help. Am I being impatient regarding the joint relief? Also, does anyone else have muscle cramps with Humira? Thanks and wishes for better health for all."

Patt (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

"When I first started using Humira I was so happy because it cleared my skin and scalp up a lot but not completely. Now after being on Humira for about 8 months I'm having more and more side effects and the one that scares me the most is trouble breathing. Within 24 hours of giving my shot I wake up in the middle of the nite and thru out the day with difficulty breathing I also have itching I think the drug was great at first but now its scaring me. Especially now that all these side affects are happening and also my joints are real sore - beware of what ur injecting in ur body before it may be to late."

Pat F. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2018

"I’ve been on Humira five years and I wish I had started sooner before the damage in my hands got so severe. The drug started working within days and I’ve had almost no side effects. I did have a bacterial infection that required antibiotics. My general practitioner discouraged me because he thought there would be a lifestyle change but it has been a miracle drug. I wish I’d started sooner. I think Humira combined with methotrexate"

Jim CA January 23, 2018

"I was over 30% covered in psoriasis and suffered joint pain and swelling. I could see it working on my skin within a week and was completely clear of any sores in 3 weeks. I still suffer arthritic pain but very happy my skin is clear for the first time in over 10 years."

Hilly 43 January 19, 2018

"I have been using humira for 2 years now with no noticable side effects. I have found humira to be very effective in relieving the pain I was experiencing in the past before using humira. I still have minor swelling in my right knee and ankles however they have improved greatly from what they were like before taking humira. Whilst the bone and cartilage damage cant be reversed I believe humira has put a cap on my diseased parts and has halted the progression of the symptoms and hopefully is giving me more time to not have to have a knee replacement."

Fmc4rpj (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 6, 2018

"Wonderful results. I don’t ever want to do without this medication!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2017

"After my first and only shot, ten days after I broke out in a rash from head to toe. The interesting thing was the area I had given my shot was red and made a rather large circle surrounding the area where I inserted the needle. Contacted my doctor and she prescribed steroids to counteract the rash. Later in the evening I was in the most excruciating pain in my legs this lasted all night into the early morning. Even contemplated going to the ER. In the ten days being of Humira I had no relief from PA. I have some plaque psoriasis and I will say that cleared up in the ten days that I was on it, only to return shortly thereafter. On a side note I would like to say Humira has a wonderful support staff should you have any questions."

DebbieOB (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

"Diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis in 2015, psoriatic arthritis a few months ago. I'm 35 years old and I am desperate for something to work. I've had 3 injections (one per fortnight) and haven't had any relief at all yet. Psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema all coexisting and it's a shame the PSA means I can't scratch myself. I really want to be able to come back later and say this has saved my life. No side effects though which is a positive!"

Lady La Mer (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2017

"I have had psoriasis my whole childhood since I was 5 years old currently 18 years old. My psoriasis was so severe that I had patches over my whole body. Last summer I finally found a doctor in my area who got me on humira for psoriatic arthritis. For the first 8 months my psoriasis was completely gone and I had no pain. But recently for a few months now my hands, feet, elbows, wrist, knees, and ankles stiffen up and are in excruciating pain. Some days I can't even walk, get outta bed or just do my normal activities. I'm going to see a rheumatologist in two months but I don't think I can't make till then cause everyday I'm suffering from so much joint pain. I thought humira would help me but instead it's hurting me!"

Elatt08 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2017

"My 16-year-old daughter was diagnosed with JIA - psoriatic - almost 2 years ago. She was started on celebrex, methotrexate and then Humira injections. She has changed from pens to syringes for comfort and convenience. My comment is that, since May 2017 she has been in an apparent constant flare-up. Her pain is constant in every joint! She has missed so much school over the last few months and it is now beginning to affect her mentally. We report to the rheumatologist every visit that she is in constant pain but it seems that 'nothing more can be done'. In the meantime, my daughter's social life is non-existent, her schooling is suffering and she is wary of being away from me (Mum) as nobody understands her pain and its affect. help"

Bre6anna (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2017

"I've had PsA 45 years and there was no treatment back then. By the time I got on biologicals the disease was well advanced with arthritis in most of my joints. Psoriasis has always been mild and limited to scalp, ears and elbows. I started Humira in 2012 when Enbrel stopped working after 8 years. Both drugs are miraculous. They allow me to live, work, and move normally. Before it took me 20 minutes just to get out of bed. Now I bounce out like a young person! The joint damage is still present but the pain is gone and I haven't had a flare. No side effects either. Only thing - Enbrel was more effective on psoriasis. Humira does nothing for it. I use topicals."

OhComeNow (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2017

"I was placed on this medication after Enbrel, and it worked really well for the first couple of years. My psoriasis never went away, but it did help it. It greatly helped my arthritis, I was not able to get in and out of bed by myself, could barely get into a car, and was having difficulties dressing. It was not immediate, but within 6 months, I was feeling "almost" normal. Then I started developing GI issues when I injected to the point that the acid reflux and pain was so difficult, I ended up in an ER. After 4 years, the medication has stopped working, so my rheumatologist recommended switching. It was great while it worked, but now on to something that I hope worked as well as Humira did initally."

Stormy5 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 2, 2017

"Brilliant drug been on it since 2009 & everything was great ( skin & pain free ) but now my skin is getting bad, so upset what should I do. Was told Humira only works for so many years..... gutted . Would rather be in pain & have clear skin."

Lisa. Hopkins June 3, 2017

"I love this medication#! My pain level and swelling went from a pain level of eight down to a two.. Unbelievable."

Smolie 53 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

"I really like this medication! It helps me with PSA and psoriasis and makes me feel like normal again. The only think I have to complain about is about 3 days before my next injection I can feel the medication has left my body so it doesn't last 100% the full 2 weeks it's supposed to"

Baydek2103 May 21, 2017

"About 2 weeks after starting Humira, I started experiencing loss of bowel and bladder control; I could no longer walk without a Rollator, could not do many daily tasks without assistance. My feet felt like I was wearing concrete blocks. Rheumatologist said it was "Ridiculous" to think these symptoms were associated with Humira. Well, 18 months later, I went to another Dr., who said I had symptoms of "Transverse Myelitis", associated with Humira in some patients. The bowel incontinence and mobility issues plus "concrete feet" went away within several DAYS."

ksquared (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2017

"My brother of 42 yrs died of t - cell lymphoma from this drug. I am a healthcare professional. This web site will not let me post this bad review."

Docandteresa March 30, 2017

"I think Humira works ok for psoriasis but almost nothing for arthritis. I had to go back to enbrel so I can at least get to work. If you just have psoriasis maybe its ok./"

cheltz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2016

"I was put on Humira when I was 25 and I am now currently 31. The first thing I noticed was that it cleared up my plaque psoriasis very quickly. My nails and scalp looked normal within 3-4 weeks. I have PsA in my spine, ankles, knees and hands. I was having trouble walking and experienced chronic fatigue which caused me to gain 20 lbs very quickly. I would fall asleep from exhaustion after getting myself showered and dressed. After the Humira took effect I had my energy back. I could exercise again and I was back to doing the things I enjoyed. I still experience flare ups (mostly due to stress) and I still have difficulty sitting for long periods of time, but this drug was life changing. Vicodin helps me with the flare ups."

Sparksfly (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 21, 2016

"I suffered from psoriasis for about 5 years and then started with severe pain in my fingers, then my wrist, elbows, shoulders, knees, and finally my toes. I had no idea what was wrong with me and I literally thought I was dying. I was only 46 years old. I was finally diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I started Humira and within 2 weeks I was pain free and have been since. I have been on Humira for over 2 years now. I have not suffered from any side effects at all. Humira also cleared up my skin about 90%, and the only symptom I still have from the PA is the fatigue. Before Humira I could not throw football with my kids or catch a football I was in so much pain, now I can throw ball, ride bike, play basketball whatever I want to do."

Analogkidd August 12, 2016

"I have had Psoriasis for 32 long years on scalp, knees, elbows, back, sides, rear end area and have tried all the prescription creams and steroid injections, salt water and all the home remedies. Some helped but never got down below 20% coverage. The past 2 years I have had psoriatic arthritis in my toes, elbows, back, hips and neck. On 24 June 2016 I injected myself with Humira, within 2 days my pain throughout my body had gone down to a pain level of 1 to 2 from an 8 on a scale of 10. I have not seen anything like it !!!! I have taken my second dose and the pain level is around 1. I was blaming my pain and stiffness on old age, I feel like I better than I have in 20 years. My psoriasis have lost all the scale and are smooth."

DENNY, AGE 56 (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

"Saved my life. Saved my mariage. Had Psoriasis and P. arthritis since grade school. Covered me from head to toe 80% Started Humira at 41. Been on it now for over 3 years. The only side effects I notice is that my shoulder no longer has me crying in tears over the pain and my Psoriasis is gone. Totally gone. Strangely however, in the past year and half the areas I once had persisrant Psoriasis have now turned into freckled pacthes. Some if the freckles are fairly dark. But I'll take some freckles over the he'll I lI've with most my life and make the choice to start Humira all over again. Saved me for sure. Don't even know what I would do if I lost my Humira. Shots are no big deal."

Motchoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2016

"I've been on humira for almost 2 years. I feel it works pretty well, I do notice some joint pain before it rains, and the day before my shot, but my doctor says that can be due to damage already done. For anyone considering starting it, my experience was this, I typically have plaque psoriasis on my scalp and knees, when I first started the shots I had an itchy 2-3 day rash at the injection site (This my doctor resolved by having me ice the shot site first, I recommend this to everyone) I also had guttate psoriasis spread over my thighs and sides, which thankfully went away as I said after 4 months, it was painful and snagged on my clothes, it would have been a deal breaker if it didn't go away, but it did thankfully."

K'nick June 17, 2016

"I have had moderate psoriasis for about 15 years which I've managed with topicals. It started to get worse along with me developing psoriatic arthritis all of a sudden. I decided it was time to call on the big guns. This stuff is pretty great! My psoriasis cleared up in about a month and my PsA was gone pretty much instantly! The injections are a little uncomfortable but if you let it warm up a bit and learn the tricks it's not so bad. Small sacrifice really. I've had no side effects other than I am a little tired after the shot so I take it right before bed. So glad to have this medicine! Hope it keeps working for many years to come."

corpkid (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2016