User Reviews for Humira

Learn more about Humira.

Humira Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 259 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Humira to treat Psoriasis

"I was initially prescribed Enbrel but my insurance company denied it. They did, however, approve Humira. I wasn't sure what to expect with having never used a biologic but all I can say is wow! After 25yrs of scalp coverage, nail pitting/damage and typical skin plaques, I am absolutely thrilled with this drug. After 3 weeks, I am 95% clearer than I was beforehand and my joints feel 15yrs younger. Side effects? I've had exactly zero except for the cathartic release of happiness with the feeling of happiness that I'm almost 100% normal. Thank you abbvie!!!!!!!!!"

Lee6366 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

"Psoriasis since 16 now 26 and tried everything! Humira was great it changed my life for better and with no major issues. If anything it made me lose weight. It lasted like almost 3 years. Obviously it's like any other treatments."

pebbles1470 August 25, 2016

"I have been on this medicine for three months. At the two-month point I was almost completely cleared. I am now back to being covered at 85% of my body."

Rene07 August 6, 2016

"Humira caused me to have Cardiac Arrest. Do not take this med. If there is anything else you can try, do it. This lowered my immune system so that a "Virus" could attack my heart. I am lucky to be alive!!!"

Killed Me!!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

"I've had severe psoriasis since I was about 10 (18 now). It covered my entire torso, back, scalp, forehead, and arms. I literally tried EVERYTHING but found things worked for a very short period before it just all came back. Originally I was on enbrel but I really couldn't handle the pain of the injections, so I couldn't keep taking them regularly and so eventually they stopped working. Humira for me, although still painful, was much more bearable than enbrel. It took a couple of months to work but now my skin is completely clear and I've never been happier. Of course, the down side is that if it continues to work I'll be having the injection for the rest of my life, but for me this is a small price to pay for the amazing results it's given"

H1998 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2016

"I am a 53 year old male and have had extreme psoriasis since i was 21 years old, Humira has improved my life so much i have been taking this medicine for 3 months with little side affects as far as i can see. i have been on holiday and for the first time , as long as i can recall, i have not felt ashamed to be by a pool and taking some sun in "GREAT feeling""

E Casey July 4, 2016

"I was on Humira for maybe 6 months. It was amazing how my psoriasis was disappearing before my eyes. A couple months in I began to become unstable when standing. I used handrails and the kids as a crutch. Eventually that wasn't enough I needed my husband and soon after a Cain. I had to teach myself how to walk again with physical therapy it took 30 minutes just to walk three houses down and back. I went back to the Dr who said in rare cases it can cause MS like symptoms and I was very saddened to be removed from this medicine. Within weeks I was back to normal. But here's the kicker I had plaque psoriasis on about 30 percent of my body when I started Humira. 2 yrs later I am covered in about 90 percent n it has this since age 11! SAD!!"

love hate Humira (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2016

"Worked good for about 4 months then my psoriasis started to come back within 8 months it almost like it was before Humira. One year later it has became completely useless."

Rockymountainway (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2016

"Weight gain. was in hospital for other illness and had to go off humira lost 35 lbs soon after going back on it started gaining weight. Doctors say no relationship I strongly disagree. Anyone else"

Billcy April 19, 2016

"Had all the other treatments, Neoral, Light, creams etc. Neoral worked but I had been taking it too long so had to come off it. Legs completely covered, arms too, painful, itchy, embarrassing. Dr suggested biologics (Humira) started 2 years ago, cleared it straight away. One thing I'm not sure of is the side effects. I've had some strange things happen to me that have gone away when I missed a dose of Humira - anyome else had this ?"

Frazzo March 19, 2016

"Psoriasis is my shadow since I was born. The last few years it has gotten worse. I started Humira treatment last April. The results were fantastic. I'm flaring up again and Humira is not working anymore."

Twoadopted March 14, 2016

"Psoriasis is a nightmare..started severely as a teenager (in my thirties now) and could cover up to 30% of my body at certain times of the year. Tried steroid creams, light treatment, methotrexate, dietary changes..everything..with some reasonable result's..have been on humira now for slightly over 1 year..there is no product in the UK market that even comes close to the results I have achieved with humira..it has changed my life for the better..make no mistake..I am normally 98% psoriasis free..barring slight flare ups (winter etc)..my only issues with humira have been weight gain and the fact that I may have to inject myself for the rest of my life."

garymck (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2016

"I have had psoriasis for about 15 years and it has progressed over the years to covering about 20% of my body with severe scalp coverage. I had been on cremes, sprays, pills, etc with no good long term results (and at best just halting its path forward but not reversing it). After 2 weeks on Humira I could see a difference. I am at the 3 month stage and the flaking patches are gone and most of the smaller patches are completely gone. The heavy large patches on my legs , torso only have a slight discoloration now. It works and its easy."

Fred_Flintstone (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

"Humira is a great suffered from birth (30 yrs) tried everything!!! Want to post pic but can't "

Psoriasis who!!!! January 30, 2016

"Ok! I have a friend who had a strong psoriasis all over his head and body everybody at work felt bad for him and offered him doctors , Medicine's, vitamins, light treatment, for months but no changes, we all where so disappointed, after a little time we saw his forehead is getting better from day to day, and we where shocked from suddenly such good results, and than he told us that he started with humira shots ... After seeing such results, I decided to spread this good news for all the people who are suffering so much from psoriasis, (he didnt have side effects, male in the late 20s)"

Philip Rozen January 21, 2016

"I've had psoriasis 12 years I am now 25 years old and have been on Humira for a little over 6 months now and love it! mM psoriasis started out on my scalp and only got worse over the years. When I started Humira I was Covered head to toe. I tried creams oils shampoos then on to methotrexate to light treatments which none had the affects of Humira! Anyway I'm now 98% clear with just small spots on my elbows that never went away fully. I am very happy with the results Humira changed my life!"

Slingar January 10, 2016

"Was on Enbrel a few years back, then the plaque came back, my dr put me on humira, it cleared 20% so far. two months plus, will give it more time :-("

jamiexf November 20, 2015

"So I developed psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis with my first pregnancy. Had patches on elbows ears face scalp and back they were small patches. But covering my whole entire elbows it was definatly painful and uncomfortable not to mention embarrassing. So after the birth of my son my rhumy put me on humira pen (eventually switched to the syringe) in 2013 it did not take full effect til almost a year later. I got off humira because I moved to a new state and had to go through insurance again. I took about 6 months to get approved now I have just started again. Hoping it will kick in faster this time. I would have rated a 10 if it didn't take so long but I will say this medicine DOES WORK give it time. "

ILovemybabies November 5, 2015

"I have had psoriasis for 45 years, since I was 10. I have had 3 injections of Humira and I don't see much clearing. Maybe I need to give it more time? Doctor thinks I'll be clearer in November,y next appointment. I'm doubtful."

MaryD. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2015

"I started taking humira in 2008 8), I had Psoriasis on over 90% of my body. I cleared 100% after a few months also while using topicals. Now , it doesn't work at all and I'm flaring up and getting psoriasis in places I never had it. My doctor even added Otezla which works like the humira but is a pill. Still I'm flaring up, I'm switching to a new medication I pray it works."

22tyj October 13, 2015

"Today October 8th 2015 has made one week since I have been on humira I am so pleased with the results my skin is already starting to clear up I'm so exited to see what it will look like in a month. I have suffered from psoriasis for over 10 years and for the first time I have hope that I will feel normal again. I have rated it a 9 for only one reason (the medicine burns a little) but over all not as bad as I thought it would be being I have to give the shot to myself, I have only noticed a small side effect every now and then I get headaches but nothing I can't tolerate. Today I have taken my second dose and I feel fine not one symptom yet. I can't wait to see the future where I can finally go out without hiding under long sleeves and pants"

Anacia (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2015

"I am jealous of all those this drug has helped. I developed issues after taking the first dose but with my doctors encouragement I continued and after the 2nd dose I had a stroke. All test were negative and they hospital sent this company a letter stating they needed to add stroke to their list of side effects. I am back to normal 3 years later and living with the scales and pain from my arthritis."

thatnurse October 7, 2015

"Six months later and I am no better on the humira. I am 24 and had psoriasis since I was 6 head to foot. Doctors want me to wait another 4 months before they change my meds. That's the NHS for you! Fed up."

AprilAnne October 7, 2015

"Humira has been the ONLY option for me. I have/had moderate Psoriasis covering approx 70% of my body with nail involvement. Humira even clears up my finger nails! I've been able to wear shorts and go swimming without being overwhelmingly self conscious for the first time in years! On a side note... I find that the old fashioned syringe is much less painful than the pen auto-injector. Hope this helps."

Rdavgow1526 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2015

"It changed my life. I was 80% covered with psoriasis. I used Embrel for a period and it worked well. My insurance switched me to Humira. It is less frequent treatment. After having psoriasis from 1977 to 2010, I am now completely clear."

superbirdyellow July 26, 2015