User Reviews for Humira

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Humira.

Humira Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 241 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Humira to treat Psoriasis

"I used these shots for four months it didn't help me at all. Now I've also got a spot on the side of my face from taking humeria"

lizcarney (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had psoriasis since the age of 13 and now are 50. Over the years I have tried everything and at one point was hospitalised for three weeks it was so bad. I started Humira 5 years ago and within 6 months I was 100% clear and still to this day I am clear. I inject every two weeks and have 3 month check ups . I have had no side effects to date. It has changed my life!!"

Elaine D1 July 30, 2017

"Exceptional"

Pilgrimvpking (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have the gene from my mom's and dad's side. There was, or still is a skip a generation rumor for psoriasis that could be true. I praise the Lord my daughter does not have it and she is going to turn 20 on July 4th . Age 13 it started as dandruff in cold weather. All sports player in the sun, thankfully it went away every summer. It moved to the knees and elbows over time through the same seasons. Then a spot, then 2 showed up on my chest. I summer sun tanned. It works. I went to coal tar, then to a diet, suffered like hell, hid, scratched, piled up skin I needed to vacuum every day. I couldn't get all the blood out the sheets. Methotrexate, psoriatane, Enbrel did well. Humira did great, only 2 shots a month. My psorsasis has beat it."

ScratchNmysleep (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had moderate plaque psoriasis for 20 years and have done every topical steroid under the sun, which usually worked about 25-50% in the short term but then lost effectiveness. UV light was about 50% effective but did nothing for my scalp, which is always bad and very itchy. I resisted Humira for nearly 2 yrs because of fear of side effects and greater risk of infection. I have had three shots now and am probably 85% clear. You can see slightly discolored areas of skin but there are no more plaques. I noticed some improvement honestly within 3 days of my first double shot. I haven't noticed any side effects yet and hope my luck holds and I hope I can continue to afford it, because the cost after 2 months is going up."

jbo29 April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I got psoriasis when I was about 14 years old, rapidly spreading from my right knee to both my elbows and my scalp which was very disruptive to my confidence as a kid about to start high school, started off with a few oral drugs which barely worked, started enbryll at 17 and it worked for about 1-2 years before I started to notice my psoriasis coming back. I started humira when I was around 18-19 and am still on it now as I am 22 years old and have not had a single side effect from either biologic. It does keep me up at night from time to time thinking I'll need it for the rest of my life or looking at any nasty side effects but considering I haven't experienced even any common ones I tell myself to relax and appreciate how normal I feel."

Stuiee (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At first it gave me a red rash and did not help with my psoriasis. My doctor gave me a cream for the rash and it went away and said I should keep using it. Several months later I am as clear as I have been since first getting the medication. Pro tip- get the co pay assistance card."

Jon888 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started HUMIRA 8 weeks ago and my Psoriasis is worse than ever. It is causing worsening of itching, my hands and feet are dryer, itchy, painful than ever. I am developing new lesions in areas I never had before. My Dermatologist recommended to take it another 4 weeks but it is unbearable. I read that some patients develop anti drug antibodies, I suspect I may be one of them."

Dissapointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Tried every OTC medicine and nothing worked. Then I finally agreed to use Humira and I am glad I did. I am fully cleared and all my psoriasis is gone. Next question is now how long do I need to keep taking it to stay clear."

JMA21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I got diagnosed with psoriasis a few years ago when my mother passed and I took humira then for only a couple of months and it went away. So just recently of last year it came back full effect but I was pregnant so couldn't really take anything. So now here In January I started back on humira I've had about 3 injections and it seems to be clearing up.. Staying positive.. I just want clear skin.. #psoriasissucks"

Tif2006 (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had one shot for PSA ,Psoriasis and it looks like I have gotten stung by a thousand bees and my psoriasis is worse six weeks after my shot. Needless to say I did not get the second shot. Worst drug reaction that I have ever had."

Sonomagal (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Taken my 4th injection so far and have barely any psoriasis plaques left. Nothing else has worked I have tried multiple creams and tablets that made me sick. Now with Humira I have no side affects, I am nearly all cleared up and best of all the injection is painless"

Angelou December 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 50yrs old and have lived with psoriasis for half that time. I don't like to even take ibuprofen so obviously I've been reluctant to go on such a significant biologic. That said, Humira has been an absolute miracle. I'm now after 90 days 100% cleared. This is not BS. THIS IS THE TRUTH. I couldn't be happier."

Lparker6366 December 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had ankylosing spondylitis and psoriasis badly, within a day I felt lots better and could get out of bed without assistance and within 3 months I had zero psoriasis or back pain, it's life changing. Had psoriasis for over 10 years and had made me very depressed, this drug is a miracle and has changed my life"

Jon Penn November 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Two months and no change at all :("

Rhondieee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Not really sure how to rate this. I have plaque psoriasis. My doctor prescribed me the Humira. After my first 2 starter doses I started to notice some hair loss. Then I took my first single dose. Noticed even more hair loss. When I washed my hair it was coming out in clumps. Drain was full of hair. So, I stopped the humira and had to switch to another medication. Not sure if this medication would have worked or not. Wasn't able to use it long enough."

hcoy1970 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"56 yr old female. 6 weeks of humira no change at all :/ still using clobetasol and hydrocortisone along with it no change :("

Rhondiee September 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was initially prescribed Enbrel but my insurance company denied it. They did, however, approve Humira. I wasn't sure what to expect with having never used a biologic but all I can say is wow! After 25yrs of scalp coverage, nail pitting/damage and typical skin plaques, I am absolutely thrilled with this drug. After 3 weeks, I am 95% clearer than I was beforehand and my joints feel 15yrs younger. Side effects? I've had exactly zero except for the cathartic release of happiness with the feeling of happiness that I'm almost 100% normal. Thank you abbvie!!!!!!!!!"

Lee6366 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Psoriasis since 16 now 26 and tried everything! Humira was great it changed my life for better and with no major issues. If anything it made me lose weight. It lasted like almost 3 years. Obviously it's like any other treatments."

pebbles1470 August 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this medicine for three months. At the two-month point I was almost completely cleared. I am now back to being covered at 85% of my body."

Rene07 August 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Humira caused me to have Cardiac Arrest. Do not take this med. If there is anything else you can try, do it. This lowered my immune system so that a "Virus" could attack my heart. I am lucky to be alive!!!"

Killed Me!!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had severe psoriasis since I was about 10 (18 now). It covered my entire torso, back, scalp, forehead, and arms. I literally tried EVERYTHING but found things worked for a very short period before it just all came back. Originally I was on enbrel but I really couldn't handle the pain of the injections, so I couldn't keep taking them regularly and so eventually they stopped working. Humira for me, although still painful, was much more bearable than enbrel. It took a couple of months to work but now my skin is completely clear and I've never been happier. Of course, the down side is that if it continues to work I'll be having the injection for the rest of my life, but for me this is a small price to pay for the amazing results it's given"

H1998 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 53 year old male and have had extreme psoriasis since i was 21 years old, Humira has improved my life so much i have been taking this medicine for 3 months with little side affects as far as i can see. i have been on holiday and for the first time , as long as i can recall, i have not felt ashamed to be by a pool and taking some sun in "GREAT feeling""

E Casey July 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on Humira for maybe 6 months. It was amazing how my psoriasis was disappearing before my eyes. A couple months in I began to become unstable when standing. I used handrails and the kids as a crutch. Eventually that wasn't enough I needed my husband and soon after a Cain. I had to teach myself how to walk again with physical therapy it took 30 minutes just to walk three houses down and back. I went back to the Dr who said in rare cases it can cause MS like symptoms and I was very saddened to be removed from this medicine. Within weeks I was back to normal. But here's the kicker I had plaque psoriasis on about 30 percent of my body when I started Humira. 2 yrs later I am covered in about 90 percent n it has this since age 11! SAD!!"

love hate Humira (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked good for about 4 months then my psoriasis started to come back within 8 months it almost like it was before Humira. One year later it has became completely useless."

Rockymountainway (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2016