User Reviews for Humira to treat Psoriasis

Humira has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 103 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 64% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Humira Rating Summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Humira

DutchBrum · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2021

“Following 1st injection of Humira I developed Erysipalis in my right foot ankle and lower leg. Following my 3rd injection I have had a severe flare up of my psoriasis and now have Psoriasis in places that I did not have it before, such as my scalp. The only place that I do NOT have Psoriasis at present is my face.”

Jeff8246 January 23, 2021

“I have been on Humira biologics since March 2005. Prior to Humira I had systematically gone through all creams, ointments, UVA, UVA, Methotrexate, Cyclosporine and another drug I can't remember. At the time of beginning treatment I was 35% covered across my entire body. After a month, most of the scale had reduced and after a further 3 months most of the redness had gone too. From then on, I had 10 years of no psoriasis, continuing to inject every two-three weeks. Due to a change of address and mix up with hospitals I was without my medication for a year and for 9 months of that year I stayed clear. When I restarted the injections they were not as effective as before but with a little help from a steroid ointment I was clear again and have been since. This product changed my life and I hope others benefit how I have. I'm also so grateful to the NHS that this costs me nothing. Reading reviews online, you realise how expensive these things are elsewhere.”

Septic December 16, 2019

“I was SOOOOO hopeful that Humira would address my psoriasis as well as my RA. After my third shot (two weeks apart) last summer, I had a SEPTIC ARTHRITIC JOINT INFECTION that has lasted 3-4 months. I'm still getting over it but at least home and free of home infusion antibiotics. It's very unusual that this type of infection happens in a "native" knee (not as a result of surgery) but it happened and with both arthroscopies and an arthrotomy followed by another open surgery wash-out (that makes 4 operations in two months) cultures were always taken but nothing would grow, thus making it difficult to know what to medicate me with to kill the raging infection. I am basically walker-bound (and a crutch for stairs). PLEASE pay attention to the drug warnings. I had no idea I had a low lying infection - - maybe it came from a try at stem cells a year ago(?), maybe steroid injections to allow me to walk(?), or?????”

Kirky · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 9, 2013

“It was hard for my mom to find a Dermatoligist in my area to start me on Humira because I was 14 years old. I was covered from head to toe and my fingernails and toenails were so thick and painful. I had been suffering since the age of 3 and we had tried everything known to Physicians and man. Finally a Dermatologist started me on two 40 mg shots per month. BAM! I was completely clear in 2 months. And I can honestly and whole-heartedly say that Humira has given me my life. I am now a thriving 16 year old 10th grader. My grades have dramatically improved. I can write without pain. I can walk and wear shoes without pain. I had never worn a pair of shorts to school and now I wear shorts and swim. Humira was a miracle for me and my family.”

Saoakley April 25, 2013

“I have had psoriasis since I was 5 years old, today I am 63 years old. When I started to take the Humira injections about a 1 1/2 years ago I was a little afraid of the results. I had not been clear since the age of 5 so I was in doubt that this would clear my body. But shortly after taking the injections my psoriasis went away and I am still clear today. It has been so wonderful not to have to wear long sleeves and long pants for the first time in my life. Thank you Humira for helping me. This has been a miracle for me!”

t rex · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2013

“I wanted to tell people about Humira. I have been on it 10days with no side effects! My scalp was 95% covered by Psoriasis. I started my first injection March 1st and today my scalp and behind my ears are clearer. The Humira pen is nothing to worry about doesn't hurt. Leave it out 30 mins and inject in your stomach easy as can be! Good luck everyone.”

Concerned mom August 5, 2019

“I’m sharing this only with the hope that it might help someone else. My daughter was started on Humira six months ago for psoriasis. Three months in she developed what looked like a very itchy rash over her entire body. After two weeks the rash turned into what looked like psoriasis plaques. Her physician switched her to taltz. She had some initial clearing, but it came back with a vengeance. Tried several different types of steroid creams, but the rash continued to cover 90% of her skin on her arms, legs, and torso. Last evening, with nothing left to lose, I smeared Vermont’s bag balm all over her back, as this was the worst area. This morning when she woke up there was a noticeable (I’d say about 50%) improvement on her back, with no change to the skin on her extremities. I do not work for the company that makes the cream, And I’m not trying to sell it to anyone. I only wish to share our experience.”

Marc123 August 26, 2013

“I have been using Humira to treat my psoriatic arthritis for 12 years along with Methotrexate (currently 43 yrs old). My psoriasis (and arthritis) went away after 3 months of using them and I've never had any side effects. My doc asked me to stop using Humira to see if it was still necessary and now after 3 months my psoriasis is back. Going back to the doctors to get his approval to go back on it. It has worked perfectly for me, you just have to deal with the pain of the monthly injection, also it is very expensive if you don't have insurance.”

minch77 July 23, 2008

“Reading these reviews finds me nodding my head with approval. After years with plaque psoraisis, its over...at least for now. I did creams, Enbrel for 2 years, now Humira for about 6 months. Initially it worsened then got way better. Now, I have been off the Humira for over 3 months and nothing has come back. My skin is 99% better. I had over 50% coverage on my body and it was unsightly, painful, and nasty. Now it's all gone. At this point in time I have to say: this stuff is remarkable.”

JessM568 February 19, 2009

“I have suffered with psoriasis for 15 years of my life and at it's worst point it covered 85% of my body. I've always had good luck with medication like clobetasol and talconex but it always came back - seemingly, with a vengence at times. It affected my self esteem, my confidence and absolutey affected me mentally. I went to my dermatologist after hearing about Humira and after going through all the testing and having it approved through my insurance, I gave myself my first two shots four days ago. My skin is almost completely cleared and the difference is remarkable. I recommend this drug to anyone who suffers - give it a try, you may love it. For the first time in 28 years, I feel like normal girl.”

cholee July 19, 2012

“I have had psoriasis since I was 16 years old, covering over 90% of my body. I am a woman of 53 now, I have used creams, to no avail. I have been on Humira injections for about 18 months and I am clear and was actually able to wear a bathing suit to the beach this year with no signs anywhere of psoriasis. It has truly changed my life and my outlook. I am after all these years finally clear, normal. I don't have to hide myself with long sleeves and long pants year round, answer those awkward questions and looks from strangers. Truly a wonderful medication. No side effects as of yet, not looking for any this far along in treatment. The shot does tend to be a bit painful, through the few moments of pain, I receive clear skin.”

Elaine D1 July 30, 2017

“I have had psoriasis since the age of 13 and now are 50. Over the years I have tried everything and at one point was hospitalised for three weeks it was so bad. I started Humira 5 years ago and within 6 months I was 100% clear and still to this day I am clear. I inject every two weeks and have 3 month check ups . I have had no side effects to date. It has changed my life!!”

TONYthe tiga November 11, 2011

“Just took my third shot and starting to notice its slowing down my psoriasis! No major results yet like I've read from others but I can tell it's working a little bit. Hope it clears it all like a lot of other people have reported. Don't believe the hype about the pen being so painful, its not that bad. If you have had psoriasis as long as me you are used to a little pain from the itching. I was gonna have to pay $200 a month for my copay but my wife is a nurse and recommended calling Humira to ask for assistance. They have a Humira card that made my copay only 5 dollars. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2012

“I just started Humira the beginning of this month, I'll be taking my fourth shot next week. I have to say I'm very impressed! I've had psoriasis since I was 18 and I'm almost 22 now. I have it on my elbows, legs, feet and scalp. After the first 2 starter doses, my elbows are completely cleared. The spots on my legs and feet are in the process of fading! I'm so anxious to see the improvement after a few months! The only side effects I've noticed is that I'm much more tired and my muscles are achy .. But I much rather deal with that any day of my psoriasis. I strongly suggest trying this medicine if you are struggling with psoriasis. I was honestly out of options, tried everything else and nothing ever worked. TRY IT.”

lokiodiin September 9, 2014

“I have been dealing with psoriasis for over 25 years. I have tried many creams, etc., and I have had some success with Enbrel. 25 years means I have multiple issues (skin, nails, scalp, ears, genitals). I injected Humira three days ago, and I see a difference. Many areas of my skin have gotten clearer. I have read other reviews, but I believe it is like many medicines like this. Some work very well for certain people, but is almost harmful for others. I believe anti-depressants work like this. Some work well for some patients, but others need something different. Regardless, it is a struggle. Good luck to everyone finding something that works, at least somewhat.”

Madforelvis January 12, 2015

“I'm 52 years old and have had psoriasis since I was 5. I went on Humira a few years ago and stayed on it for 3 years. It cleared me about 98%. I called it a miracle! I decided to make some nutritional changes in my life for the better and went off Humira 6 months ago to see what difference my better eating habits may have made on their own. Unfortunately my psoriasis came back just as bad if not worse than before the Humira. I think I will be going back on it.”

JMA21 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 7, 2017

“Tried every OTC medicine and nothing worked. Then I finally agreed to use Humira and I am glad I did. I am fully cleared and all my psoriasis is gone. Next question is now how long do I need to keep taking it to stay clear.”

Lee6366 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2016

“I was initially prescribed Enbrel but my insurance company denied it. They did, however, approve Humira. I wasn't sure what to expect with having never used a biologic but all I can say is wow! After 25yrs of scalp coverage, nail pitting/damage and typical skin plaques, I am absolutely thrilled with this drug. After 3 weeks, I am 95% clearer than I was beforehand and my joints feel 15yrs younger. Side effects? I've had exactly zero except for the cathartic release of happiness with the feeling of happiness that I'm almost 100% normal. Thank you abbvie!!!!!!!!!”

Lparker6366 December 3, 2016

“I'm 50yrs old and have lived with psoriasis for half that time. I don't like to even take ibuprofen so obviously I've been reluctant to go on such a significant biologic. That said, Humira has been an absolute miracle. I'm now after 90 days 100% cleared. This is not BS. THIS IS THE TRUTH. I couldn't be happier.”

Q · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 2, 2019

“I have been on this drug for close to 8 years now. Humira has done a fantastic job for me. Personally, when I began I was at close to 40% coverage on my body with countless tiny spots almost everywhere. Within 4 months, I was down to only quarter sized spots on my knees and elbows. Currently I only have one very small spot on one knee. It has been a fantastic drug.”

Anonymous June 12, 2008

“I have tried all drugs out there,and almost gave up. Enbrel was good but I developed resistance after about 2 years of use. Humira showed a marked clearance of my severe psoriases within one month of use. I have never felt this good after 30 years of struggle. Administration of the injection is also convenient, once every other week.”

jbo29 April 20, 2017

“I've had moderate plaque psoriasis for 20 years and have done every topical steroid under the sun, which usually worked about 25-50% in the short term but then lost effectiveness. UV light was about 50% effective but did nothing for my scalp, which is always bad and very itchy. I resisted Humira for nearly 2 yrs because of fear of side effects and greater risk of infection. I have had three shots now and am probably 85% clear. You can see slightly discolored areas of skin but there are no more plaques. I noticed some improvement honestly within 3 days of my first double shot. I haven't noticed any side effects yet and hope my luck holds and I hope I can continue to afford it, because the cost after 2 months is going up.”

arjay187211 May 11, 2015

“27yr old male. After fighting psoriasis for as long as I can remember with creams, steroidal shots and puva treatment, im finally winning the battle with humira in as short as a month's time. Excited to see how clear my skin will be in the coming months. Sure its got some scary side effects, but so does tylenol for that matter, and they are very rare, and with a doctors supervision with your own awareness and safety intuition makes humira all that more safer...hope it works for you...the poke isnt that bad unless your a wussy”

Lucy Kavanagh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 29, 2013

“I have been a sufferer of Psoriasis since I was born. Since then I have used so many treatments over the past 20 years but none has worked as well as Humira! Within 6 weeks my Psoriasis was clearing up and my skin in general is so soft. It is quite painful to administer but its just a stinging sensation and you only have to do it once a fortnight- so it's worth it! Recently, I've had a few patches come back but I've been under a lot of stress at work so that's understandable. I've had one or two side effects but nothing major. I've been getting tired quite a lot and I've been getting quite bad spots on my face but it's nothing unbearable. I don't have to pay for Humira as I am taking it for research purposes.”

shanshan672 November 1, 2013

“27 year old female suffering from plaque psoriasis off and on my whole life. These past 4 years has been one steady flare up with an increase in severity. I was on Methotrexate for 1 1/2 years while using various topicals. I've been on Humira for 3 months in addition to the use of Clobex spray and Vectical ointment. It seems as if my nails and scalp have gotten worse and the patches on my calves and arms are not changing. I hope I just have to give Humira a bit more time!”

DianaMP · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2015

“I can't stress enough to everyone that this stuff works!! Absolutely no side affects, and you don't have to worry about spot treating with topicals. Within 3-4 weeks into Humira, I started seeing results. Even cleared the most stubborn psoriasis I had on my back. Having to inject yourself can scare many people off, but the pens they provide make it super easy and fast. Getting the medicine is a lengthy process but worth the wait! Their copayment is outrageous but they have a coupon to bring it down to only $5!! I love Humira!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2012

“I have been on Humira for over 4 months now with minimal results. I now have psoriasis in places I never had it before. So my Doctor just took me off Humira and I am now going to try Enbrel. Sometimes what works for one person does not work for everyone. I sure miss the Methotrexate, it was a great for 3 years, but cannot take it anymore due to it messing up my bone marrow, which is finally starting to go back to normal after 6 months. Good luck everyone.”

kre13 September 22, 2011

“I have used Humira for about 1 year and 4 months. This has been great. I still use the Clobex spray on the tough spots that seem to never clear up. But, they are very small. If you are suffering from psoriasis then I would recommend trying Humira for sure. The warnings they give make me a little nervous however. I had moderate Psoriasis that seemed to be getting worse with time. I had large places on my shins and was getting places on my scalp and my back and chest. I thank my Doctor every time I see him for offering Humira to me. I hope it keeps working with no side effects. I am 46 years old and this Psoriasis hit me about three years ago from nowhere, no family history of it.”

Learn more about Psoriasis