User Reviews for Humira

Humira Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 248 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Humira to treat Psoriasis

"My friends father took Humira for over a year for his psoriasis. He was then diagnosed with lymphoma and died within 4 months."

Stan June 17, 2018

"This was a miracle drug for me . It cleared all my plaque psoriasis and also completely cleared my fingers and toes nail psoriasis . I did not notice any side effects."

Larry (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2018

"Went on Humira 3 years ago and felt like I had been given my life back! No more lesions, itch or flakes! I was so happy! But it quit working about 7 months ago and my psoriasis has come back with a vengeance! Dr wants me to keep using for 3 more months and if no improvement we will try something different. So depressing I am back to trying every crazy promise on the internet!"

Steph (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 9, 2018

"I just took my third dose day 22. My skin has been 100% clear for about a week and my scalp is about 60% better. I didn’t anticipate such drastic results and certainly not this quick. No side effects. I'm using the self injection pen and no prior experience with one before. A nurse came out and helped me get familiar with it. The hardest part in all of it has been actually pushing the button on the injection. It’s just a mental thing. The injection is a slight sting, like a fire ant. Only last a few seconds while the medicine is being injected. Zero soreness, redness or pain after it’s done. I’m hoping this continues to work for me. I’ve had this all over since 18 months (37 years). As a child I had injections every week in my thigh & under my nails, light therapy and topical medicine. Every night my mom would take a comb and pull the plaques open on my scalp to put the medicine on. I’d wake up with dried blood in my hair. For the first time in my life I feel normal."

Kp (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

"I have had psoriasis since I was 18, I am now 44. I’ve tried everything and this was my final try and let me tell you what a miracle drug it is. My psoriasis is in stable remission and I can walk again as I had it all over my feet and top of my feet and legs. I look and feel so much better. I stopped taking the shot well over a month or more ago and I’m still holding strong. Thank you Abbvie for changing my life. I have my self confidence back and I feel great."

Holly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2018

"I have been on humira for about 30 months and just recently I have started to get bad outbreaks on my shins of all places, I went to dermatologist who has doubled my dose to every week. Will keep you informed if it's going to give me another 30 months free of this horrible disease. Can't start yet till I have had my flu and pneumonia injections, wish me luck today for them."

kevbensam (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2018

"I used these shots for four months it didn't help me at all. Now I've also got a spot on the side of my face from taking humeria"

lizcarney (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

"I have had psoriasis since the age of 13 and now are 50. Over the years I have tried everything and at one point was hospitalised for three weeks it was so bad. I started Humira 5 years ago and within 6 months I was 100% clear and still to this day I am clear. I inject every two weeks and have 3 month check ups . I have had no side effects to date. It has changed my life!!"

Elaine D1 July 30, 2017

"Exceptional"

Pilgrimvpking (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2017

"I have the gene from my mom's and dad's side. There was, or still is a skip a generation rumor for psoriasis that could be true. I praise the Lord my daughter does not have it and she is going to turn 20 on July 4th . Age 13 it started as dandruff in cold weather. All sports player in the sun, thankfully it went away every summer. It moved to the knees and elbows over time through the same seasons. Then a spot, then 2 showed up on my chest. I summer sun tanned. It works. I went to coal tar, then to a diet, suffered like hell, hid, scratched, piled up skin I needed to vacuum every day. I couldn't get all the blood out the sheets. Methotrexate, psoriatane, Enbrel did well. Humira did great, only 2 shots a month. My psorsasis has beat it."

ScratchNmysleep (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2017

"I've had moderate plaque psoriasis for 20 years and have done every topical steroid under the sun, which usually worked about 25-50% in the short term but then lost effectiveness. UV light was about 50% effective but did nothing for my scalp, which is always bad and very itchy. I resisted Humira for nearly 2 yrs because of fear of side effects and greater risk of infection. I have had three shots now and am probably 85% clear. You can see slightly discolored areas of skin but there are no more plaques. I noticed some improvement honestly within 3 days of my first double shot. I haven't noticed any side effects yet and hope my luck holds and I hope I can continue to afford it, because the cost after 2 months is going up."

jbo29 April 20, 2017

"I got psoriasis when I was about 14 years old, rapidly spreading from my right knee to both my elbows and my scalp which was very disruptive to my confidence as a kid about to start high school, started off with a few oral drugs which barely worked, started enbryll at 17 and it worked for about 1-2 years before I started to notice my psoriasis coming back. I started humira when I was around 18-19 and am still on it now as I am 22 years old and have not had a single side effect from either biologic. It does keep me up at night from time to time thinking I'll need it for the rest of my life or looking at any nasty side effects but considering I haven't experienced even any common ones I tell myself to relax and appreciate how normal I feel."

Stuiee (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2017

"At first it gave me a red rash and did not help with my psoriasis. My doctor gave me a cream for the rash and it went away and said I should keep using it. Several months later I am as clear as I have been since first getting the medication. Pro tip- get the co pay assistance card."

Jon888 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

"Started HUMIRA 8 weeks ago and my Psoriasis is worse than ever. It is causing worsening of itching, my hands and feet are dryer, itchy, painful than ever. I am developing new lesions in areas I never had before. My Dermatologist recommended to take it another 4 weeks but it is unbearable. I read that some patients develop anti drug antibodies, I suspect I may be one of them."

Dissapointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

"Tried every OTC medicine and nothing worked. Then I finally agreed to use Humira and I am glad I did. I am fully cleared and all my psoriasis is gone. Next question is now how long do I need to keep taking it to stay clear."

JMA21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

"So I got diagnosed with psoriasis a few years ago when my mother passed and I took humira then for only a couple of months and it went away. So just recently of last year it came back full effect but I was pregnant so couldn't really take anything. So now here In January I started back on humira I've had about 3 injections and it seems to be clearing up.. Staying positive.. I just want clear skin.. #psoriasissucks"

Tif2006 (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

"I had one shot for PSA ,Psoriasis and it looks like I have gotten stung by a thousand bees and my psoriasis is worse six weeks after my shot. Needless to say I did not get the second shot. Worst drug reaction that I have ever had."

Sonomagal (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

"Taken my 4th injection so far and have barely any psoriasis plaques left. Nothing else has worked I have tried multiple creams and tablets that made me sick. Now with Humira I have no side affects, I am nearly all cleared up and best of all the injection is painless"

Angelou December 29, 2016

"I'm 50yrs old and have lived with psoriasis for half that time. I don't like to even take ibuprofen so obviously I've been reluctant to go on such a significant biologic. That said, Humira has been an absolute miracle. I'm now after 90 days 100% cleared. This is not BS. THIS IS THE TRUTH. I couldn't be happier."

Lparker6366 December 3, 2016

"Had ankylosing spondylitis and psoriasis badly, within a day I felt lots better and could get out of bed without assistance and within 3 months I had zero psoriasis or back pain, it's life changing. Had psoriasis for over 10 years and had made me very depressed, this drug is a miracle and has changed my life"

Jon Penn November 19, 2016

"Two months and no change at all :("

Rhondieee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

"Not really sure how to rate this. I have plaque psoriasis. My doctor prescribed me the Humira. After my first 2 starter doses I started to notice some hair loss. Then I took my first single dose. Noticed even more hair loss. When I washed my hair it was coming out in clumps. Drain was full of hair. So, I stopped the humira and had to switch to another medication. Not sure if this medication would have worked or not. Wasn't able to use it long enough."

hcoy1970 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

"56 yr old female. 6 weeks of humira no change at all :/ still using clobetasol and hydrocortisone along with it no change :("

Rhondiee September 28, 2016

"I was initially prescribed Enbrel but my insurance company denied it. They did, however, approve Humira. I wasn't sure what to expect with having never used a biologic but all I can say is wow! After 25yrs of scalp coverage, nail pitting/damage and typical skin plaques, I am absolutely thrilled with this drug. After 3 weeks, I am 95% clearer than I was beforehand and my joints feel 15yrs younger. Side effects? I've had exactly zero except for the cathartic release of happiness with the feeling of happiness that I'm almost 100% normal. Thank you abbvie!!!!!!!!!"

Lee6366 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

"Psoriasis since 16 now 26 and tried everything! Humira was great it changed my life for better and with no major issues. If anything it made me lose weight. It lasted like almost 3 years. Obviously it's like any other treatments."

pebbles1470 August 25, 2016