User Reviews for Celecoxib

Also known as: Celebrex

Learn more about Celecoxib.

Ankylosing Spondylitis 1 reviews 127 medications

Period Pain 1 reviews 82 medications

4.7
Summary of Celecoxib reviews 120 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Celecoxib

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Miserable RA flare after my mothers passing ! I went to the dr offerd methotrexate I refused I'm 37 no children ! I was in tears until Celebrex immediately I was up on my feet ! Thank you God ! I have my life back !"

Girl in pain July 9, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Does not work at all"

Billgotill July 9, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "52 y/o male; I have dealt with joint pain 15 yrs. I dismissed as aging. Hands & knees really bad, & feet. Complained to Dr. over yrs. only to be dismissed. Last 3 yrs pain increased after walking, yard work. Get out of bed, hobble 5 min. before can walk. Have sporadic scalp psoriasis 20 yrs. Thanks to TV comm. by pro golfer Phil Mickelson, life's changed. I realized/suggested to Dr. I may have Psoriatic Arthritis. He agreed. Started me on Celebrex, 200mg x2. On for 1 mo now. Fixed all fore mentioned issues! Unbelievable! I've hauled 20 wheelbarrows of dirt from neighbors yard to mine, from across street! Couldn't have done a mo. ago. Worried its a black box drug through! No side effects, but maybe stomach (feeling bloated/funny).Will tapper off to 1xday"

zig840 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "5 weeks ago I had a full knee replacement. The going was tough but I started taking celebrex and with therapy I jogged down my driveway tonight. (UNBELIEVABLE) I stopped taking oxycodone. I couldn't be more happier. Now going back for a hip replacement. All of this and I am 79 years old."

White Eagle June 17, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I have muscle stiffness & pain at the base of my neck & head, which over time caused migraines & tension headaches. Botox & lidocaine injections have relieved the head pain. My doctor is still working on trigger points for the pain in a few sm areas of the upper neck. He prescribed Celebrex after Ibruprofen (did nothing) & Mobic (helped some). Celebrex helps the most. I believe It's bc Mobic is a selective COX2 inhibitor and the Celebrex is only COX2. It brings my pain down to between a 0-2, depending on whether I'm experiencing 24-hour soreness from the injections (2) or if it's just acting up from activites like yardwork or working too long at the computer (0). I've only been taking it for a month & good so far."

Dsneckhead (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

For Pain: "An MRI showed spinal stenosis. Pain in my lower back, radiating down my leg into my thigh and knee. I limped when I walked and was in constant pain. My Dr prescribed 100mg once a day and within 24 hours I had pain relief. I took it for 2 weeks then went off of it just to see if there was a difference. I am here to tell you that I was back on it 2 days later. This medication is wonderful."

DLJL June 15, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "My osteoarthritis of my left hip and lower back was so bad yesterday morning that I could barely walk and was having awful muscle spasms, but after taking 200 mg of celecoxib my pain virtually vanished within two hours = this is a miracle drug for osteoarthritis ... so far no side effects. I will be taking 200 mg each morning for prevention."

BooBob (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

For Pain: "All of the side effects mentioned in reading the warning, cold, numbness in leg, lower back pain, tingling in leg, hand I'm already experiencing these symptoms, plus I'm talking pain meds from pain management. Scared to try this meds. my mother had a massive heart attack while on this medication. I'm terrified to even try this."

Np207 February 18, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I started taking a morning dose for 24 hours last Friday, 2/5/2016. Pain free immediately, but had very itchy areas. Had to stop taking due to intensity of itchy rash Monday morning 2/8/2016, but by 2pm, wish I had taken one this morning again!! ALMOST WORTH IT!"

Pete201 February 8, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I was in a lot of pain in my lower back and shooting pain down my leg for months, and had increasing difficulty in walking and sleeping. I had been forced to use a cane, and a scooter to get around and I could no longer walk any distance. I had to stop physical therapy because the pain was too bad and epidural injections seemed to offer little relief. The MRI indicated that I had tissue from a herniated disc and protruding disc was pressing on the nerves so I was scheduled for surgery. I was given a prescription for Celebrex ( 250 mg/ 2 times/day) 8 weeks before surgery to help relieve the pain. One week before surgery, I was told to stop taking Celebrex. The pain has not returned and the surgery was cancelled. I am now essentially pain"

Dave OH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I am a 31 year old male US Army combat vet who suffers from arthritis. For years it went untreated and I was in pain every day all day until I was prescribed Celebrex, within a few days I felt better than I had in years. Upon waking in the morning I take 100mg's and within an hour or so I feel relief, if I miss a dose I can tell and I can feel it. I do not suffer any of the mentioned side affects after approximately 5 years. Of course it does not work for everyone but at this point I cannot live without it"

Chrid January 6, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "Doctor gave me Celebrex.I've been taking it for a week. It does nothing for my hip pain (bone on bone arthritis). I'm going off it and back on Advil."

Luvveg (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I have been in pain for years. I did massage therapy, physiotherapy, yoga, ran, walked and weights. Finally, my Doctor gave me a script for Celebrex - Instant pain relief in both my neck and lumbar. It is November 11, 2015 and I am going to celebrate tonight. I am pain FREE!"

Jojo Zee November 12, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "1 pill every 24 hours VERY convenient. Is not near as hard on stomach and intestines. Works about as well as Aleve or Ibuprofen if you take them every 4 hours."

fredee (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I went to the doctor with fluid around my knee. At this point it was stiff and only a little sore. 5 days later, I have stopped taking it because my knee has become painful and useless. I also started developing bruises easily. This is easily the worst medication I have ever taken (along with Clindamycin in a close second)."

emilyb4982 (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I went they 2 years of hell with lower back pain it ruined my life for those 2 years seemingly endless pain and suffering . Then my doctor prescribed Celebrex, which stopped the pain dead in its tracks"

Anonymous August 3, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: "At 17 years old I have finally seen a rheumatologist. I got, a shot of corticosteroid which immediately made my knee and back feel 100% better. And a starter pack with 12 Celebrex samples. The celebrex didn't cause any noticeable side effects and the pain eased. I finally have my own prescription of Celebrex. I take it every now and then if the pain is not bearable. But I like to just ride out with no medication because I'm used to the flare ups. I feel weird about taking Celebrex everyday because it is a black box drug; I'm too young to start damaging my liver. All in all; Celebrex works when you need it."

Rebelosa July 5, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Worked like magic for my Mom. She can now move around without pain and do the things she coundn't do before."

Fel June 19, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I think it is great for osteo-arthritis of hip - but others work for me equally well e.g. Mobic, Voltaren. I chose Celebrex as I have read it is gentler on stomach and kidneys. The only downside is the fear I get reading about heart problems - so I change every few months an alternate the meds - with a week off in between (when I go back to limping). But I have no problems - in fact I did notice that Celebrex takes a few days to work whereas Mobic and Voltaren are almost instant"

JohnK1954 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I have OA in my hands, knee, and spine. I have been taking Celebrex for over 12 years. I have slightly high blood pressure. It could be from Celebrex but the benefits of Celebrex outweigh the possible side effects I have experienced. I am having a second spine fusion in a week and have to stop taking Celebrex, per my doctor's request. I have read more positives to keep taking it through and after surgery...I dread going off it because I will not be able to use my hands. Celebrex improves my quality of life and I recommend anyone with severe arthritis to give it a try"

mav4me (taken for 10 years or more) April 13, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Diagnosed 1.5 years ago. Was on Mobic for a year until it became somewhat ineffective in my left hip to the point where I could barely walk. Switched to Celebrex which is doing a lot better.. have been taking it for 6 months but I know long term effects of NSAIDS are damaging so trying no starch diet to get off NSAIDs..so far little success but need to stick to it for much longer."

Sydney25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Celebrex is the ONLY medicine that signifcantly relieves my knee pain and allows me to walk in almost complete comfort. I take as needed, not everyday, per my doctor's recommendation, since I have high blood pressure (controlled with medicine) and high cholesterol, and have not taken it for longer than one month in a row without taking a significant break from the medicine afterward. However I will take 1 x 200 mg pill if I have a particularly active day ahead of me. I am 70 and have had no significant side effects."

Darcy R. January 22, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Very effective, reduced pain to very low level, I was on Celebrex for 3 years on and off depending on severity of pain and had no problems, as pain got more prolonged I took 200mg on a daily basis. At about 6 months I devoloped increased ringing in the ears, followed by hearing noises which couldn't be explained by a specialist hearing Doctor"

Brins (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 19, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Period Pain: "I have extremely painful periods. I'm talking pain so bad I cry and want to go to ER. I was given this to help with arthritis. And just happen to start same day well I took one and they are doable now I'm not doubled over crying. Don't get me wrong it still hurts but not nearly as bad."

usmckillsmom (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "After breaking both ankles in 1987, I was diagnosed with arthritis in 1997, I put up with mild pain and joint stiffness for years until I started my new job in 2011 at age 45, (7-8 hours a day non stop on my feet) after each shift I would be in so much excruciating pain I wondered if the job was worth it. Went to see my doctor who prescribed 100mg Celebrex twice a day, first few days I noticed a small improvement but also had a bit of stomach discomfort. After a few weeks it was like I had new ankles! Little to no pain, so I went down to 100mg a day on days I don't work and 200mg a day when I work. Only other side effect I have had is significant hair loss/ thinning for a couple weeks every 6 months, it grows back though."

BarbHogan (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2014