User Reviews for Celecoxib

Also known as: Celebrex

Learn more about Celecoxib.

Ankylosing Spondylitis 1 reviews 131 medications

Period Pain 2 reviews 82 medications

5.8
Summary of Celecoxib reviews 144 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Celecoxib

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Generally has been effective in treating osteoarthritis pain/ inflammation. For me it worked noticeably better than meloxicam. I have taken it on an as needed basis for at least 5 years and have had no appreciable side effects."

63galxy (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Am in my 60s but have had arthritis since early 40s. Arthritis is both osteo and rheumatoid. I only take Celebrex when it's really painful especially in my hands. Celebrex starts easing the pain immediately and within 6 hrs I feel like I'm 21 yrs old again! It is a miracle medicine for me! !!"

Lanky mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 20, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I have been on Celebrex for a long long time. I stopped taking it because I was pain free/symptom free maybe 6 weeks ago. I started to have pain again maybe 2 weeks after stopping it. I attributed it to my exercise routine, wrong shoes etc. I used ice to alleviate the symptoms. I didn't think of it until today that my increased pain was due to stopping the Celebrex. I've reordered it and will start again today."

bpoppe1953 March 19, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been using it for years and I now have no insurance can't even afford the generics. I now using aleve it works for awhile but nothing like Celebrex. I missing my Celebrex."

RealBigSwede (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "Celebrex did nothing at all to alleviate the knee pain my doctor prescribed it for."

Sharebearbrown (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "After my nucleoplast surgery in 2001 constant pain because my 3 lower disks were turned into (flat tires) since they remove some of the disks juice, no surgeons could help me, I just had the right and left nerves deadened by a nerve block that did not work and the lower steroids shots work a couple days, the one dr put me on gabbapentin helped about 5% with the pain, and last week I read in the AARP paper that celebrex is not really that bad or dangerous ,its on the same level as motrin or ibuprofin, after taking the 200 mg pill twice a day for the past 3 days my pain has lessened 80% and I am sure as it builds up it will kick in and work for me. Its been a GODSEND since my pain was driving me crazy ,I can sleep now."

JOHN AL (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I noticed a lot of people on here giving up after only a week or so.I have been on Celebrex for years and at different times I would stop for a week or 2 immediately I would start going downhill. Celebrex needs to build up in your system the more time you take it the more it helps.Should give it at least a month.I was on heavy pain meds for years now all I take is Celebrex I have severe neck and back problems and severe arthritis.Celebrex is a miracle drug for me without the side effects of heavy pian meds.Thank you for Celebrex it has changed my life"

big walt January 12, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "After the results of the latest 10 year study came out in late 2016 claiming the safety of the product, I decided to ask my doctor to put me on it for my Osteoarthritis. It helped immensely! I am sure my pain was decreased by at LEAST 30-40% if not more! When you're in constant pain and discomfort, that amount is a huge relief! I started just a few weeks before my hip replacement due to "bone on bone" caused by my osteoarthritis. ANY relief is welcome! I would most definitely recommend this to anyone to at least try! I use the generic brand."

M.Stone (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "This medication I take 200mgs in a divided dose daily , have experienced considerable reduction in medium - strong pain. Well tolerated over the last 4 weeks Many thanks to all , it's worth a try!"

FisherPJ January 9, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Celebrex allows me to go day to day almost pain free. Nothing else fights my pain caused by osteoarthritis of the upper spine. I have taken 200 mg once a day on and off for over 15 years. Occasionally I do need to take it daily for a few weeks. I am so grateful for this med and for the doctors who prescribe it. I strongly recommend it."

Ranch girl (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "While it helped some, I experienced abdominal pain which was significant and heavy not normal bleeding. The moment I stopped taking it the symptoms stopped"

070597 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Ive been taking celebrex for a couple of yrs, I always thought it made me too tired, about a wk ago it made me so tired I fell and hit my ribs and now I have pain in my ribs that probably won't go away for wks, I decided not to refill it and just take stuff like aleve instead, all it did was create more pain by cracking my ribs or whatever it did to it, thought people should know about this side effect especially since my doctor didnt tell me about it, then I wouldnt have hurt my ribs in vain knowing that I've helped others know this information"

using celebrex November 28, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "What a JOKE! Doesn't do anything unless you count the side effects! You'll only accept constructive criticism, so, avoid a gut ache added to pain, slow burning urination when you NEVER before had an issue. Doctors really need to LISTEN to patients, and stop assuming that they know more about my body than I do. This MAY work for some, or it may be a placebo effect, but for me it did nothing but add to my problems! Doctors also need to consider QUALITY of life over QUANTITY. I do NOT want to live with this pain, and if they can't or won't give me what works, then let me go. I have enough without risking a stroke too!"

1strangepuppy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: ". This was for the pain from Acquired Spondylothesis and stenosisSide effects were blurry vision and swelling of my hands. No stomach distress. I call it ibuprofen on steroids. For the price it is very ineffective. I was excited at first as my pain level is off the chart (8 neurosurgeons want to multi stage fuse my spine). Sadly, the generic Celebrex effect regarding pain mitigation after four months is negligible. The best part is no stomach distress, as I cannot tolerate most NSAIDS. I shall discontinue due to lack of efficacy. Personally, I am puzzled as to how an anti inflammatory would create swelling of hands as the converse should occur."

So be now November 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I am suffering with, swelling in right leg ankle, but however, there is no pain. I was prescribed 200 mg of this capsule, to be taken twice a day by my doctor. Took the dosage as prescribed by the doctor for two days, and noticed light-headedness, palpation and difficulty in remembering."

PNS (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "First one I took my heart was racing I thought I just had to get use to medication.second one the same the third one I had a severe allergic reaction ended up in the hospital thought I was going to die.I would not recommend anyone ever take this terrible medication."

Lilly Anne November 17, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Period Pain: "I have tried just about every drug on the market for my cramps and after a while they all just stop working. I took Bextra and Vioxx which are similar before they were taken off the market. I take it a day before my period starts and usually only a few days into the week and finally I'm not missing out on life or work anymore. I do get blood tests to check for any abnormalities, but after 3 years there are none so far. I take the brand name, simply because the manufacturer co-pay makes it $4 a month, which is less than my $7 month co-pay with my insurance. Both my parents take this for their arthritis now and my 26 year old sister just started this for her cramps. I'm constantly telling everyone how much I love Celebrex."

kismetangel October 31, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I just started using celebrex a few days ago.i was taking 1600-3200 mg daily for severe knee pain. It barely helped, and I have had stomach ulcers, so my pcp recommend this med. It's only helped a little but,but I'd like to give it a few months. Today I woke up feeling sick.i have a hot, flushed face and just feel terrible. and I have not been feeling well lately anyway and have wheezing and a cough ..but i hope this isn't a side effect."

Josie4020 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Loved Celebrex, generic celecoxib does not provide same relief. Recently found a bottle with three Celebrex and the difference was remarkable. Will now stop taking generic as I now realize it has no effect. Will ask doctor for new alternatives."

CoastalKate September 10, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 82 yr old retired scientist, walking daily 4 miles in 1 hr. Suddenly I developed extreme arthritic pain in my right hip. Pain was unbearable at night. No pain killers helped including morphine. My doctor prescribed 200 mg Celebrex for 14 days. It helped instantly, particularly at night. Believe it or not, now I have pain in me left hip, my shoulders, elbows, and even severe pain in my left wrist! I have been off Celebrex for one week and I am relying on physical therapy to minimize the arthritic pain. No more Celebrex."

Oleh August 20, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The only thing the TEVA 200 mg brand of celecoxib did was make me sick. The medicine gave me diarrhea, heartburn to the point of reflux after 3 months of taking it & increased swelling & joint pain. I was relieved to be put on a different generic celecoxib, my joints improved & so did my stomach."

Midnitestich (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "The only anti-inflammatory med I could take without side effects"

Super Nurse (taken for 10 years or more) August 14, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "On Celebrex for one month now, still waiting on it to work. NO pain relief and no side effects."

Anonymous August 10, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "For 6 mths I've suffered chronic pain in the morning woken from sleep in pain in my joints. It started in my knees, then elbows & wrists. But 2 mths ago it started in my hips & lower back, & as my sleep was interrupted DAILY, so was my life. As soon I get up the pain would go, but the other day it wouldn't. So I went to my Dr who gave me Celebrex. I was scared to take it reading bad reviews. So I rang my Dr & he said take it & let me know how you feel tomorrow. I took it last night & can't believe I waited THIS long to try it. For the 1st time in 6 mths I woke with NO pain & it made me drowsy, which was a bonus. Celebrex WORKED for me so I want to write a POSITIVE review for people out there who are scared off by bad reviews. I'm pain free!"

Jenamu (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Miserable RA flare after my mothers passing ! I went to the dr offerd methotrexate I refused I'm 37 no children ! I was in tears until Celebrex immediately I was up on my feet ! Thank you God ! I have my life back !"

Girl in pain July 9, 2016