User Reviews for Celecoxib

Pain 6.9
Summary of Celecoxib reviews 7.1 207 reviews

Reviews for Celecoxib

Chris · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “I had severe knee pain and lower lumbar back pain and sciatica for approximately 7 months. The doctor prescribed CELEBREX 200; take one 200MG capsule twice daily for 5 days Then one capsule for 7 days, thereafter discuss progress. My pain and swelling did subside substantially but not completely. A day after I completed the course of tablets I experienced severe dizziness. I am on day 3 after finishing the course and still getting dizzy spells, it is not easing??? I have had vertigo once 5yrs prior to this medication, I am now 63 yrs old. I do not recommend this product as I think it has caused my dizziness to return.”

Kiki · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “My Dr ordered this medication for my Rheumatoid Arthritis in my back and my hands. For the pain it's really helping me but my heart is beating too much for few min and it's gone, it's on and off followed cough also dizziness and headache. I stop taking this medicine after 4 days of taking 200mg/day. After I talked to my doctor because of the said effect.”

Jeff · Taken for 10 years or more June 23, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking Celebrex for osteo for about 25 years. I was taking up to 400mg a day for the last 15 years. If I wasn’t I would not have been able to work. The only side effects I have noticed are heartburn and a rash that may be from Celebrex. I have had two total knee replacements and an operation on an elbow for osteo. I have osteo in the lower back that they will not operate on as there is nothing they say they can do that will get rid off the pain. The doctor I’m seeing now has cut me back to 1x100mg a day and says he is taking me off it altogether. I don’t even feel like getting out of bed because of the pain. I’ll be changing doctors. It also helps a lot with pain from toothache infections.”

Debza · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “Was given CELEBREX as a substitute for Meloxican to treat arthritis pain in my right shoulder. It worked Great the very first day. The days since I've been in severe right arm pain down to my hand. Not feeling good at all. Called my Dr was told to STOP it. My female side of the family has a history of heart attacks scares me. I'm SO DONE with this drug I think its dangerous.”

Mary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 29, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: “This medication celebrex has been a life changer for me. I was in excruciating pain prior (osteo arthritis) and no other medication helped. This has made me be able to have a normal life.”

Bashothad · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “I've been prescribed celebrex For pain due to a glenoid labrum tear. (Ligament, shoulder) This pill does nothing. There has been zero improvement in pain or ability to move the arm. I've stopped taking it, and nothing increased either. Literally does nothing but mess with my head.”

Sue B · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: “I tried Celecoxib because my gastroenterologist said to minimize my NSAIDs and not wanting to get started on opiates. I have only used it for two days and the stomach pain is horrible even with my ulcer meds. Also, heart palpitations very unsettling. Two doses and two doses too many! Very disappointed that my Rheumatologist thought it was a good idea!”

Anonymous March 3, 2020

For Pain: “My doctor diagnosed me with enteropathic arthritis and now over the past 4 years I have increasing hip, neck, shoulder pain, spine pain, and foot pain. I am in pain every minute of every day, so he put me on Celecoxib 100 mg bid. I previously tried Cymbalta, but it made me gain 18 pounds in 4 months, so I stopped it. Advil didn’t help my pain either. The first day on cymbalta I noticed dizziness, the second day I had dry eyes and slight blurry vision. I took the medication for a total of 5 days, gaining 5 pounds in water weight. It took me about 6 months after the Cymbalta to loose 13 pounds of the water weight gain, so I really don’t want to go through this again. I'm normally a very fit person, so it’s odd for me to gain weight. I also already suffer with hair loss that I’ve been battling with for almost 6 years, and I’m in my early 40’s, so I really don’t need anything to make me more depressed right now. Did it help with the pain? I noticed about a 50% pain improvement.”

SamH · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “Was sceptical when my GP first prescribed this pain reliever Celebrex for plantar fasciitis as my pain level was quite high but with continued use, it has reduced the pain down to a very manageable level and sometimes no pain, where I'm not limping in extreme pain anymore. There have been no side effects with this drug.”

Davy Jones · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: “Celebrex ate a hole in my stomach. I had to take carafate for three months and eat very bland food. Baby food at first the very bland vegetables. I was passing blood clots that kept increasing in size.”

BBRuth February 8, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “In my early 50s, I began having right knee pain, then I had all-over pain, felt especially upon standing after sitting for a short while. I was diagnosed with referred pain from my right hip so that at age 59, I had a right hip replacement. Knee pain stopped. The all-over pain persisted. I started taking Celebrex shortly after it first came out. I’m now 77 and had both knees replaced, left at 63, right at 66, my left shoulder at age 72, and now I need my right shoulder replaced. I am able to hold off on that, so far. If I didn’t have Celecoxib (generic) I fear I’d be using a walker or possibly a wheelchair. I have tried taking one 200mg per day, but the pain becomes too severe. I’ve also taken two one day and one the next, which worked for a while. Every spring and fall, I have an arthritis attack, and Celebrex gets me through. Celebrex has saved my life! So far, no bad side effects.”

Msnoah · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “This drug celebrex was prescribed for severe shoulder pain from a torn rotator cuff. After the second day my blood pressure spiked to over 170 and my heart rate to over 130 and I had to spend the night in the hospital to get it stabilized. Needless to say I never took any more Celebrex”

Alexa · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “These pills helped my Sciatica lot I feel some pain then and there it really helps me sleep. The only problem is it gave me a rash I’ve only been taking them for about 4 days but now my cheeks are red and I normally have really soft and clear skin my face is a little bumpy and itchy so are my arms, chest, legs, arms etc”

jerry January 14, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “dosen't seem to help”

Charmz · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 14, 2020

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “Female diagnosed with Reactive Arthritis 2014 some doctors label it Spondyloarthritis. Whatever, it is horribly painful. Methotrexate made me sick as a dog. Other nsaids tore up my stomach. Celebrex works if I take it daily. 400mg a day allows me to move, function and look like nothing is hurting me everywhere. My experience over the last 2 years is this; After 7-10 days of taking only 200 mg Celebrex a day culminates in a massive level 8 pain flare-up. It must build up in the system. I do not skip mid-day dose for more than 3 days. Liver and kidney lab tests show all is good. I do get infrequent minor heart palpitations that could be from anxiety or could not. Key inflammatory markers are over the standard range regardless so I can’t say it is a miracle drug. Without it, I’d pretty much feel like I did before going on a powerful biologic. I also found a 8-10 pound weight gain at this high dose. C’est la vie. Think of it as a sacrifice for the greater good.”

Rhonda · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 8, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “Took these capsules as prescribed by doctor when required approx one tablet once a month or so when arthritic pain was at its worse. Worked very well. Unfortunately the last 2 times I have taken it over a week, it has resulted in very severe skin reactions similar to hives. The second reaction worse than the first. Won't risk taking it again.”

Robert December 13, 2019

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “Have yet to have an issue. Helped get me off opiates. Great drug.”

Transition · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 12, 2019

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “Really good for lower back pain, get me back working fast. I'm a 49years old builder and highly recommended celebrex. I would only use it for a few days and always fixed the problem”

Jimbo · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “After using this for a few days I started feeling sick to my stomach and progress I had made after my back surgery slowed then I started to feel “fatigue” which began to feel more and more like paralysis and loss of feeling. I had a hard time breathing. These symptoms came on slowly. Celebrex was supposed to replace opioid pain relief. In my case the medication was worse than the problem and robbed me of a week of physical therapy progress, weakened my muscles, and made me susceptible to injury due to weakness and more.”

Hannibal · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Celebrex (200 mgs) worked wonders for my osteoarthritis. But after reading the Vanderbilt Study, I stopped taking the drug, and switched to naproxen, which in the Precision Study was just about as good at controlling pain. Take naproxen, however, with a small dose of famotidine for stomach protection. Remember that all NSAIDs (not aspirin) can bring about heart problems. The Vanderbilt Study added a NEW and additional troubling factor that might affect the heart.”

Bettybean · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2019

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This medication Celebrex is helping to reduce inflammation and pain. Do I still have pain yes. I started with 200mg I just started taking 400mg. The 200 was helping but not enough, I'll know by the end of this week if the increased dosage of Celebrex (generic) has helped”

Essa · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “I used this drug for Plantar fasciitis and bursitis in the achilles area It reduced the swelling and pain by 90% But its upset my guts and I feel muscles cramps and pain as side effect My body feels so hot”

Calgonurse · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

For Pain: “I was prescribed Celecoxib for psoriatic arthritis (which is an autoimmune problem). I’ve been on it for 2 weeks and I’ve noticeable improvement in my mobility and significant decrease of swelling in my joints. I’m also on HUMIRA injections every 2 weeks. I’ve taken so many different NSAIDS over the years and had bad reactions to all of them but so far I’m only having some headaches with Celecoxib and they are manageable. I am using my cane less and less and most of the time I can alternate steps going up and down which I’ve been unable to do for years. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I continue to improve with little to no serious side effects. I’m currently taking 100mg B.I.D.”

Thankful · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2019

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “I have been suffering with arthritis in my knee and chronic plantar fasciitis heel pain for almost a year. The pain was brutal and I asked my doctor if she would please give me a trial of Celebrex as I had read a lot of positive responses about it. Within a few days of taking yes, the generic version, I could feel a difference in my pain and now a couple of weeks and it's definitely helped my pain level especially the plantar fasciitis. You should definitely take it with food and I take it in the evening or sometimes I do get a little dizzy so I take it with supper but it has definitely made a big difference in my pain level and I can function now with it being in agony by the end of the day.”

La perdida · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 28, 2019

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: “I took Celebrex to treat constant chronic pain derived from cervical spine and Fusion due to abscesses MRSA and lumbar fusion. I dutifully took as prescribed until the side effect of a perforation of the stomach. Very serious.”