User Reviews for Celecoxib

Period Pain
5.8

Summary of Celecoxib reviews 7.4 174 reviews

Reviews for Celecoxib

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "Actually cause back pain/ spasms in different areas than where I have been treating, plus raised BP slightly"

Whoochiemama (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I was on Vioxx, then switched to Celebrex. I took 200 mg daily for 14 years. On 7-5-16 I had a heart attack. My right ventricle was full of blood clots. I had NO plaque. I had 3 blockages, 80%, 90% and 100 % blockage. My cardiologist took me off it immediately. Celebrex DID take care of most of my pain. Taking it is not worth dying."

Loulou (taken for 10 years or more) September 27, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have RA, DDD (Degenerative disc disease), and osteoarthritis. This medicine helps me so much. I like to take walks 2 to 3 miles a day. But if I don't take Celebrex at least twice a week, I am in so much pain. My feet and back the most. I try not to use it so much because of the side effects scare me. I do think it causes weight gain too. Or its just my age (54) . Celebrex seems to work better than methotrexate. But I will continue Methotrexate to help reduce joint damage later in life."

Kelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "400 mg daily...carpel tunnel in both wrists. Diagnosed by a nerve test and I poo-pooed it. Then I ran out of celecoxib for six days. I could not use my right hand to push my self out of my recliner, typing was tough, painting my neighbors house was way more work. That is when I went to max dose. I have lived way longer than ever expected (70) and evidently I need this drug. No rash- no stomach pain. My collapsing discs and bad arthritis seem to be helped too."

Azdoug (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 3, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I was prescribed Celebrex by a physician as I suffer from chronic head aches, chronic neck & back pain from arthritis and my bloods keep showing inflammatory markers which they can't identify. No pain relief whatsoever :("

NM (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "meloxicam did not do anything for me and celecoxib did even less for pain in my knee."

wizonford1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "My rheumatologist prescribed this for my osteoarthritis & told me to take it as little as possible because of the potential for kidney & liver damage. Initially, I took it 1-2x/wk but then stopped taking it for a while. Started taking it again last week & after several days, I noticed constipation, my stomach being very bloated & a burning sensation in my stomach that nothing could relieve for about 36 hrs. I thought there many have been very slight pain relief, but nothing is worth the stomach issues, so I'm not taking it anymore."

Jillyn31 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I felt a difference immediately! I felt like a new woman! But by day 3 the itching started, and I was told to stop."

Dawn (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "Had total knee replaced and this was prescribed for me. It brought swelling down"

Mrs_od (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Pain: "I started this drug after 2 years in pain management following my spinal fusion surgery. I had tried nerve pain meds, muscle relaxers, narcotics, injections, epidurals, etc. From the 1st dose I experienced the most pain relief I had felt in over 3 years. I loved it, 100 mg X 2 daily. Then, I started having very intense palpitations, chest pain, feeling of my heart dropping, skipping beats-I started worrying about having a heart attack daily. I took this medicine for 4 months because the Dr and all the pharmacists I discussed this with said it was my anxiety. Plus, I did enjoy the great reduction in pain. My heart rate and bp were healthy before taking this med. Now, even thought I quit taking it 2 months ago, my bp fluctuates from normal to high but my heart rate stays around 110-120 resting. I cannot go workout, I can hardly take the stairs in my house. I hope this did not cause permanent damage to my heart."

Jaybird71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I hurt my muscle while in the gym. Though this medicine works well I had to stop taking it as I noticed rapid weight gain in a short amount of time. I was barely eating as I was also ill, so nothing else could have caused the sudden increase in weight. Monitor this carefully as this could be an indication of something else going wrong."

Susan (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed this (celecoxib) because I have osteoarthritis in both knees, and I'm allergic to other nsaids. The first two weeks were great! I felt 10 years younger, started going back to the gym, and was able to move easily. And then 2.5 weeks in, I woke up one morning with my chest and back covered in 1/2 inch wide red spots, and yellow spots appearing on my eyelids with some swelling on the eyelids. I stopped taking it, took some Benadryl, and it took about 36 hours for the red spots to subside. Still some yellow on my eyelids."

scott (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2018

For Pain: "I have Hashimoto's and inflammation trouble throughout body. Every time a new diagnosis comes along, it takes a different med to help with the pain. Naproxen chased away the costochondritis in ribs, ibruprofen got rid of my neck trouble, but when my shoulder was diagnosed with calcification and frozen shoulder, the naproxen and other meds didn't do anything. Doc put me on generic Celebrex (celecoxib) and after 24 hours, I am always feeling much better. NO side effects. Unfortunately, after two weeks I try to decrease or stop meds, and it comes right back. I don't want to live on meds for the rest of my life, I want the celecoxib to stop the inflammation like what happened with the other parts of my body, but it doesn't at this time. Best of luck - give it a try. If it kept the pain/inflammation away, I'd give it a 10."

MaryC (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have been taking Celecoxib for approximately two weeks now. Having osteoarthritis in my knees and feet for as long as I can remember, I can tell you I haven't felt this good in a long time. I am encouraged!"

Edaba (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I've had arthritis and back pain I started taking this medication and it's helped immensely although the side effects are there (and you can look them up). I still will continue taking this medication I'll give it a couple of months and see how my body adjusts and go from there but for now it's working and that's a wonderful thing I actually have my movement back before I was like an 80 year old woman and I'm in my 50s"

Patty Tremblay (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "Here in Portugal we pay for generic of the celebrex about 2 € a box with 30 pills. It is the same as the original."

Anonymous February 1, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "My acute pain happened after I had the first Prolia injection May 1, 2017 and It caused my immune system to be out of whack. IBS, mouth and tongue sores, teeth, hair, bones and then the thoracic pain. Have had 2 Epidurals. Have had ultrasounds on my arm for pain. Shoulder and collarbone pain. I cannot tell if Celebrex is helping as I have only been taking it for a week. I took Gabapentin but it caused me to be very dizzy and sluggy. I wish a doctor could tell me what is going on and help me with this horrible pain. I had never been sick before."

Cynthiabrown (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Works well, been on it for years so may becoming immune. Not all generic versions are as good as Pfizer, I nearly came to a total stop after taking generic version for a few weeks, gone back to genuine ones and noticed change within 24 hours. If you get plain white capsule with Y 100 written on it expect trouble. I am in UK."

hpxd (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 5, 2017

For Pain: "I have psoriatic arthritis and have been on Celecoxib from another manufacturer for over 2 years and my pharmacist changed me over to the Torrent brand of the 200mg Celecoxib. Within 3 days I had extreme heartburn and gas----I was so very uncomfortable starting right after I took the pill first thing in the morning as I always had. I went back to the pharmacy today and got the other Celecoxib I had taken before. anxious to get back on track again after a miserable 5 days...."

gakernil (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I have severe pain, stiffness, inflammation in the shoulder/arm/hand from an injury that occurred years ago. At first it was called severe left brachial plexopathy, but it has turned into chronic pain syndrome. At first doctors prescribed heavy meds that caused really bad side effects, so I asked dcs to change pres. Eventually the new doctors have been prescribing gabapentin, meloxican, celecoxib, and some other medications to help my stomach. I was on a temporary trial for an spinal stimulator, together with my medication and it improved my pain. However, for the permanent stimulator Dr told me to stop taking celecoxib for 2 weeks before surgery... The pain came back so bad I haven't been able to sleep at all for almost a week."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 14, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Worked well for pain but after a month got breathless and my heart raced at high speed. Thought I was having a heart attack.. Was given Noten to bring my heart rate back to normal. Still felt breathless.. On stopping the drug my heart and breathing slowly went back to normal. Scarey..."

Cathiiannii (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "53 year old male with bad knee. I was prescribed this for my knee. With in two days of 200 mg once a day, I woke up and had joint and muscle pain in my ankles, feet, arms, wrists and elbows. In addition I had sinus pressure so bad that it hurt to touch my face. I immediately quit taking and the symptoms are receding but still there two days later."

emsp (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I used to suffer from chronic headache since childhood (I'm 29 years old now). Back in 2015 I was injured and my doctor prescribed me this drug. It wasn't very helpful with my injury; however, my headache almost completely disappeared. I didn't notice that my headache is gone until my mom once told me "I no longer notice you complaining about your headache" so definitely this is not a placebo effect."

Groover (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Have been taking for 30 yrs! Told to stop by pharmacist . Just stop? Yes ! Surviving on 6 Panadol oesteo and Lyrica . Quite draining though. No sign of internal damage. Haven't seen doctor yet. Thought I'd give it some time. Been two weeks. Anyone else had similar experience???"

Suzie Babe September 10, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Celebrex has been wonderful for me--I never thought I would be able to regain mobility as well as I have. I haven't experienced any side effects at all. It took weeks to work, but I couldn't be more pleased with it now. I've noticed on some of the comments here that it worked immediately for some people, but it's not always like that, so be patient and give it time--hope this helps!"

Hele (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017