User Reviews for Dexamethasone

Also known as: Adrenocot, Adrenocot LA, Baycadron, Dalalone, Dalalone DP, Dalalone LA, De-Sone LA, Decadron, Decadron Phosphate, Injectable, Decadron-LA, Decaject, Decaject LA, Dexacen-4, Dexacort Phosphate in Respihaler, Dexacort-LA, Dexacorten, Dexamethasone Intensol, Dexasone, Dexasone LA, Dexone, Dexone LA, Dexpak Taperpak, Hexadrol, LoCort, Medidex, Medidex LA, Primethasone, Solurex, Solurex LA, Zema Pak, ZoDex, Zonacort …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Dexamethasone.

Allergic Rhinitis

Multiple Myeloma

1 review 54 medications
Summary of Dexamethasone reviews 7.5 63 reviews

Reviews for Dexamethasone

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Addison's Disease: "Longer acting steroid option. Gained weight and anxiety."

jennstokes (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis: "Started the take this medicine for a tongue condition (Geographical tongue). I read it lowers my immune system and it definitely does. I only have one more day of it thank goodness. I feel horrible. My head hurts, my eyes are watery, & I constantly feel achey. I don't really see a difference in my tongue either. Just want to be off this medicine! Let's hope the withdrawals aren't bad either."

Larissa rep June 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Every time my migraines get bad enough that I end up at the ER or my back is aching from a fall (3 back surgeries), the doctors end up giving me an IV shot of this. It does work with the cocktail of meds to help calm my migraine but when it is first pushed into the IV please warn the nurse to dilute it and push it VERY SLOW as it makes your body feel like it is literally tingling on FIRE, especially your private parts. My friends call it the "crotch burner"."

kivuvu83 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have MS and bad back some times I had save this for a time that the doctor wasn't helping out enough. My left leg started to hurt from butt to my angle . Was taking hydrocodacetam. Eating 3 at a time ,wasn't doing enough . Started taking decadron pain level drop a lot but you need to make sure that your eating food with them . Had no side affects! Wish I had more ! Going to ask Doctor ."

Ms kid May 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "My platelet count went down to 15k; doctor prescribed this med. Took 10, 4mg, pills in the morning for 4 days then stopped. CBC Platelet count went up to 90k. However for the 5 days that followed; I was in utter pain. Extreme abdominal pain, voice was hoarse, felt like my throat was on fire, headache and sensitivity to light, and the worse was the abdominal bloat. I couldn't move with it being laborious and having shortness of breath. Not a pill I would ever take again. A week later, CBC Platelets were back down to 15k. I can live with that."

Nstig8r1123 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My IVF doctor prescribed this to me prior to supposedly help with the embryo transfer. I started having painful sensation and redness in a few days, went to ER, they called it mild induration that progressed to cellulitis (now a bump in belly button). On bed rest for almost 3 weeks now, excruciating pain. I missed my scheduled transfer because of this. Currently taking clindamycin to clear infection."

Sis Kim April 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took one shot for a lung infection I received while doing some swimming. Fixed the lung infection but the side effects of this drug are very harsh so be prepared. I'm 25 do triathlons and swim regularly. Deal with a normal amount of stress and anxiety but have never had serious problems with it. Resting heart Rate is about 50 normally. After the shot resting heart rate was easily high 60's and low 70's. Extremely agitated and irritable. Very bad insomnia. Anxiety was out the roof and again I've never had problems with anxiety before. Chest pain mixed in with the increased anxiety that most likely made the chest pain felt worse but still it was a problem. This lasted for about a week as well. It's a serious drug."

;aslkdjf;alkjsdf;lakj April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cerebral Edema: "I had a seizure which led to them finding a brain tumor. They put me on dexa in the ER and was on it for 2 months after the craniotomy to prevent brain swelling. Don't quite remember the dosing, it was a 1mg or 2mg pill I took 2 or 3 times a day. I had insomnia (slept maybe 3 hours a night even on two percocet every 4 hours), painful acne all over my face and back, mood swings, crazy hunger and weight gain, erectile dysfunction, headaches and joint pain. I suppose it did what it was supposed to, but the side effects were horrible. Even if I had another tumor, I don't think I'd ever use it again."

OldGreg February 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I receive this drug with chemo and am supposed to take it days 2-4 afterwards. Other than anxiety it does the trick of improving abdominal pain but once I stop I am in agony. Burning pain and cramps, indigestion, back pain and decreased urine output. I'm ready to give up on the whole thing."

Lizzie5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had spinal stenosis . Severe nerve pain stemming from neck , pain killers do not work on this sort of thing . I went from severe pain to normal within an hour. 4 mg daily for a week . After my prescription ran out that last week , the pain returned and I couldn't get the doctor to give me more , so I had surgery in PA . They were amazing ! They fixed my spine , however , the pain was off the charts after and I didn't understand why I had to fight to get this amazing drug! Over the weekend I had to be rushed to the hospital due to severe pain from my surgery and swelling. I begged for this medicine . Gave me a shot , relief ! Ahhh I love this drug. It's works like no other"

Debra cake February 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Myeloma: "Don't like this medicine at all my doctor told me to take ten 4 milligrams tab every Wednesday . I can't sleep swollen neck and face tingling and swelling in the feet, shortness of breath ...and lots more I'm not taking this medication anymore"

Dollg January 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adrenocot LA (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given Dexametasone for my cluster headaches. My Dr injects it with lidocaine in the back of my head. It did take away my headaches for 3 months. I immediately knew when it wore off because I received one of the worst headaches. I had forgot what it felt like to get a a headache. I just received more injections for the 2nd time. He gives me about 5 injections on each side of my head at once. I have gained weight and have a swollen face sometimes."

PriscillaL (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Today, I had to refer my aged mother, 85 for her inflamation on the bruise site on the forehead due to fall down, a couple of days ago. I referred her to my family doctor who admistered Dexamethasone Injection IP 2 ml. Within 5minutes she developed breathing heaviness, and she gasped for breath, and was about to be swooned. Fortunately, as the doctor swung into action and administerd her Deriflin inj, and after four hours she returned to normal. This is a worst and risky medicine if I have to say something on this. 24.Nov.2016"

KAVERI. S November 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "This steroid nearly killed me. Receiving as part of my chemo took 2 a day for 3 days straight after chemo. Was only on them for three months when they induced diabetic ketoacidosis. Was on life support for 10 days. Will never touch a steroid again. I have given this a high score on the bar because it did stop me feeling sick"

Maggie Gallo (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "It keeps awake and hungry"

Melanie 223 (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Not Listed / Other: "Well cant tell if it is effective or not, unbearable to keep taking it because of the side effects. Having all that I see mentioned as well: sleeplessness, bad headaches, increased heart rate, very wired, mood swings, blurred vision goes in/out affected me while i was driving, flushed face. Stopped it after first two days because of this then thinking it was a fluke took again and felt the symptoms instantly. Calling my doc to see if theres something else :("

IrinaLeonova August 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I have a brain tumor and it Did the job it had to do, but the side effects were horrendous! Gained 10kg in 1 month! Moon face which made me unrecognisable, feeling of depression! Very outspoken to my family, which is totally unlike me! Have been off them for 2 months now haven't lost any of the weight yet but my body is starting to deflate, feel like I have mainly water retention."

Luuu (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Not Listed / Other: "I was given a harsh regiment of this drug. I took 50 (5mg) pills over four days leading up to my surgery. The hope was it would minimize the pressure on my spinal cord caused by a tumor and in doing so prevent any additional injury to the spinal cord until they came up with a game plan to remove the tumor. It worked but kept me wired the whole time... I literally did not sleep for 5 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've started on this medication yesterday for a pinched nerve down from my back to my leg and I am feeling much better already but I am now having bad headaches almost feeling like a migraine"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "I was given this pill in hospital and my eczema just disappeared 100%. Pity you cannot take it all the time."

Davey boy May 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Never take this drug. I am a healthy individual that had a bad experience with this drug. I Received one shot because I had the flu. 1 week later I had burning pains running all through my body. They gave me a shot in my butt and its still sore 2 sweeks later. I had trouble sleeping, couldn't breath at night and thought I was going crazy. My resting heart rate went from 49-58 beats a minute. I don't know what this drug does to the body but its not good. You have mood swings from anger, confusion, weakness, coordination etc..... Please ask the doctor what they are giving you before they inject you. It could do more harm than good later."

Jason Jones (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have CIDP - currently taking dexamethasone 40mg (yes forty mg) daily over 4 consecutive days of the month. Side effects are horrendous tho thankfully my condition is improving. Insomnia, weight gain, swollen legs and feet, blurred vision, agitation, increased appetite and flushed face are the most debilitating but only last for 6 days after finishing last dose. Treatment plan is 6 months, I am on my fourth dose and as the months go on, the side effects are getting worse. Would I accept this treatment again.....probably not, but it does help my condition."

Wendywoo 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gouty Arthritis: "Immediately reduces pain to bearable level, and completely eliminates it in 2-3 days."

Use for gout flareups (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "Been taking is drug for about over a year now. Ive got stage 3 multiple myeloma (bone cancer). Really have now bad side affects. The only issue if have is sleeplessness, it really keeps ya awake at night hard time to fall asleep. Other than that it works great."

Kurt A. December 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have degenerative discs. I was given injections of Decadron near the area. Within a week I almost went crazy!! Felt like I was running for my life all the time. The doctors have no clue what this does to your brain, nor how to reverse its affects. Do not take this."

jb-1983 November 23, 2015