User Reviews for Dexamethasone

Also known as: Dexamethasone Intensol, TaperDex, ZoDex, Dxevo, Dexabliss Hemady HiDex De-Sone LA Dexpak Taperpak

Dermatitis Herpetiformis 10.0
Rheumatoid Arthritis 1.0
Summary of Dexamethasone reviews 6.7 94 reviews

Reviews for Dexamethasone

Lo May 10, 2020

For Asthma: “I was in Mexico last year and developed a severe upper respiratory infection, never felt sicker in my life. Doc came to hotel, prescribed antibiotics and said "you can feel better in 7 days or I can give you a shot and you will feel better in 30 minutes". The shot was dexamethasone (don't know the dose) and my partner who is a doctor, told me it was ok (along with first shot of antibiotic and continued oral antibiotics for 7 days). I took the shot and in exactly 30 minutes I felt fantastic, I couldn't believe it. Next day was great as well. I did have a bit of a jittery come down a couple of days later but the worst of my original symptoms were already much better and I was well on road to recovery. Overall it was a very helpful one-time shot that got me through.”

Maira · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2020

For Multiple Myeloma: “I started to take this med in April as part of my Chemo treatment. I was told that it would give me a lot of energy. I have been very active before taking this med. Now I am always tired, my voice goes and comes and have insomnia. I need to rest constantly while I do my house chores. My husband says I am not the same. I will speak to my oncologist on my next visit. Just be careful and consult with your doctor. This med has many uses. I am taking it to kill cancer cells together with Revlimid, a cancer med.”

Yousif hazar · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 20, 2020

For Asthma: “Effective in treatment asthma”

Lt · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

“Received 10mg dose of dexamethasone for a minor burn. It's been four days and the side effects are still going strong. Muscle twitches and weakness, shortness of breath, burning feet and hands (not from my burn-that was on my face), anxiety, insomnia, feeling cold, and difficulty talking. The muscle weakness is pretty severe and its hard to walk. Stay away from this med!”

Stanley B · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “My doctor prescribed this medication for a bad cough. The side effect was a clearing of my psoriasis. Horrible red scaled skin on my elbows, chest, and groin have healed for a while. I took 13 pills, 2 a day for 5 days, and 1 a day for 3 days. I will ask my doctor to prescribe this every 3 months to prevent further flare ups.”

Tori January 12, 2020

For Addison's Disease: “After almost 3 years of anaphylaxis from hydrocortisone and prednisone, intolerance to pill form of dexamethasone that caused severe asthma attacks, acid reflux, constipation, geographic tongue, & thrush, I finally am being successfully treated with injectable dexamethasone. This is LIFESAVING! It’s working! I’m able to eat (been malnourished for at least 3 years) and I’m feeling like my body is trying to come back to life.”

Rene · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatic about 2 yrs. ago. Started on 40 mg. of prednisone. Slowly reduced to 5 1/2 over the years. Couldn't get below the 5 1/2 without having a flare. I gained over 20 #'s and went up 3 dress sizes. I perspire terribly just sitting in my chair my hair looks like I just stepped out of the shower. My pain management doc prescribed dexamethasone, 1.8 mg., 7-day dosing pak. What a wild ride!! Can't sleep, got thrush in my mouth, had so much energy but it was hard to concentrate. I am so dizzy can't move fast for fear of falling. While I was getting lots of things done I was still exhausted. The doc told me I could get off the daily dose of prednisone which is my hope. I just finished my last pill 2 days ago & I am praying the polymyalgia doesn't return. Is there anyone else out there that has had any experience with the dosing pak?”

Eyebeautyblogs12 November 27, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “And the reviews are 100% accurate! If I can save someone from taking this medicine then here It Is !!!! This medicine is absolutely HORRIBLE !!!!! Had to get this medicine as a shot In my buttocks for headache pain and it burned like crazy! It Is now 3:05am (9 hrs later) and I am experiencing all the side effects...anxiety, heart palpitations, Joint pains, can’t sit still, elevated heart rate, insomnia, heart burn, blurred vision. At some point it felt like I couldn’t breathe and I’m losing my mind !!!!! To know that this medicine is a slow release which means it could take a week for It to clean out my body scares me. Did It help for the pain ? I have no idea because the side effects are terrible. I do suffer from anxiety attacks & this medicine Is making It 10X worse! IF YOU HAVE ANXIETY/MENTAL ILLNESS STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS DRUG !!!!! This POISON should definitely be banned ASAP !!!!! This officially makes me not want to go to the doctor EVER AGAIN!”

RedDaisy · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I am on dexamethasone 4mg, twice a day. I am on day 5 of 7. The last 2 days I have been nauseous, hot/cold, and fatigued. However, my condition seems to have improved (carpal tunnel/ulnar neuropathy).”

TJ · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “Had this steroid (Decadron) in addition to antibiotic shot yesterday for an upper resipratory infection. Headache (migraine) started within 2 hours and have not disappeared to this point. I've taken these same meds before without reaction but don't think I will again.”

Liz · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “The worst drug . I went to the doctor for 4 a sinus infection was given an injection of 10mg decadron. I experienced extreme anxiety insomina ,memory loss. Still experiencing it today 4 months later”

Mrs. Robinson · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was given this drug because of the unbearable pain my back condition (Herniated Discs (4) & Spinal Stenosis) was causing. I could tell on the second day and by day 3 I was nearly pain free. I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately during the taper my pain came back and I was again bed ridden and crippled. The steroid back shots did little to nothing for me and when I went in for my "post op" appointment to see how the back shots worked I had to beg and plead for this prescription. Again, it's working like a miracle, though I know it's just a bandaid until I can see the surgeon. Why is it so hard to get a prescription for this med?”

Anonymous October 6, 2019

“My experience with this drug is awful. I went to a walk in clinic and for a sinus infection was given this in an injection 10 mg ended up with memory loss cognitive loss as well .”

Mother of 3 October 4, 2019

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Asthma: “I was given this med for asthma from a virus that my inhaled steroids weren’t helping with. I was given a one time dose of 10mg and though it worked for my breathing, the rest of my body is a mess. I have had severe elevated heart rate, high blood pressure, headache, rigor shakes, muscle spasms in the arms and legs, faintness, cold sweats, increased urination, severe exhaustion, muscle weakness, heart burn, increased anxiety, cloudy headedness, nausea, and an intolerance for anything physical beyond just walking. I am a fit 42 year old woman with no other health issues and this has been blowing my mind that I could get this sick. I did go to the ED and I was told that it can cause these symptoms. The worst part is that because it’s long acting it can take a week from your last dose for it to be cleared out. So I was told to rest and drink fluids until time passes. The good news is, I can breath. The bad news is, it has been a nightmare for the rest of my body.”

Edema Girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Had used prednisone for something else and felt brand new, compared to how I normally felt after 12 years of chemo, surgeries, radiation from (Ovarian cancer) OVCA. Asked doc and she agreed to this particular steroid. I started taking it twice daily... Felt great. Strong. But after a month or so, that stopped. Then I suddenly started being unable to pull my body up if crouching down and would get stuck needing help up. Pretty soon I couldn't get up off toilet. Feet so heavy. Then, my ankles swelled. Then my feet and calves. I have become a cripple, every step hurts, coughing, spine condition worsened. I can't do much of anything. I have to stop and rest in between, say, my kitchen and living room. Between every room! Weaning myself off.”

Jessa · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2019

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “Was given Decadron Shot in ER for a severe Sinus Infection and Upper Respiratory Infection..I have had a severe migraine for 2 solid days! NOTHING will ease the headache. I will never have or take Decadron again!”

Quando62 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Doctor said in 20 years she never saw Plaque Psoriasis as bad as mine, I looked like a breakout of the measles or something. So after 8 mg first day, in 30 minutes started feeling better, 3 days later clear skin.... haven't taken for a week and no flare returned. Picking up my script today taking 2mg 2 times a week and a week off to be mild on the body.”

Quando62 · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “5 years un-diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and just about gave up, no energy, so stiff could not walk across a room. Had plaque scales covered on my entire body. Started this med, first day stiffness began leaving, energy boosted, took for one week and felt 40 years younger. Went from working in yard 3 hours a year to 30 in one week..... Keep some on hand to take a week here and there along with my MTX med for Arthritis.”

happynana · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Just finished a dexamethasone 8 day tapered dose for pain associated with a spinal cyst. It has given me my life back for those eight days, with the only side effect being wide awake at 3am. But at least I was wide awake without pain, as opposed to being wide awake and in pain. Hoping the effect lasts for a while, as I am on a three month wait list for surgery in "the best medical care system in the world", bwahaha.”

Ali · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2019

For Addison's Disease: “I had a lot of trouble getting my levels stable with Hydrocortisone and Prednisone. On both I felt terrible. Dexamethasone makes me feel normal again, even with my Addison's disease , like a fully functioning human!!!!”

Swappy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis: “Its good, relieves itching and got me close to normal feeling.”

Heidi RN January 10, 2019

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This drug was given to me for an anaphylaxis reaction I had from an antibiotic. I was admitted so It was given IV then by mouth to wean. I am a nurse and was blown away! I was put in drug induced psychosis on this med. I was on it about 3 weeks from 6mg down to 1mg. I was 302 initiated at the nearest ER. I passed out from sleep deprivation and thus drug changed my life for good. It's not worth It! It mimicked bipolar symptoms. I NEVER had this before! BEWARE!”

pilarp2018 · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I just received a 10mg injection of this at the E.R. for a really bad sinus infection, laryngitis and an upper respiratory infection that I have had for over a month. The shot itself was extremely painful. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but this hurt for hours to the point where I couldn't sit down. The side effects began to kick in within an hour. I went from feeling calm and relaxed to feeling EXTREMELY anxious (No, I do not battle anxiety or depression). I felt jittery, I kept dropping things, and began crying from feeling so overwhelmed (not like me). I know it was this injection. My heart began racing very, very fast!! I don't think I will take this again.”

Berta · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: “2x in a year I've had acute sinus infections, 1st was a blocked sinus pathway due to inflammation & was given 2 z-packs a month apart & got worse with secondary bronchitis. The third month was given 10 mg dexamethasone muscular injection & I began feeling better within 30 min. I was normal for about 5 months. 2nd had inflammation in my tear ducts & had allergic conjunctivitis that doesn't manifest the same as viral or bacterial. After a month of my eyes tearing without a cause, it turned to sore throat because I didn't know I had pink eye. I was then treated with a z-pack & bacterial drops for eyes. Eyes, nose, throat & breathing became worse the next few days. On the third day I went back & was prescribed eye drops for inflammation, & 10 mg IM dexamethasone. Within an hour I was feeling so much better, & now my eyes have gone from pink, to moderately blood shot, to mild to moderate blood shot eyes, sore throat gone, & a slight cough without fire in my throat.”

neo · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2018

For Eczema: “I was admitted for a nasal surgery, but the doctor gave me dexamethasone 0.5mg to prevent allergies. My eczema disappeared & I feel better. I did some research on this prescription, it is a kind of steroid & you cannot take it usually or daily. Better to consult with a doctor. But I would love to take it if I have better information & with doctor consultation.”