User Reviews for Dexamethasone

Also known as: Adrenocot, Adrenocot LA, Baycadron, Dalalone, Dalalone DP, Dalalone LA, De-Sone LA, Decadron, Decadron Phosphate, Injectable, Decadron-LA, Decaject, Decaject LA, Dexacen-4, Dexacort Phosphate in Respihaler, Dexacort-LA, Dexacorten, Dexamethasone Intensol, Dexasone, Dexasone LA, Dexone, Dexone LA, Dexpak Taperpak, Hexadrol, LoCort, Medidex, Medidex LA, Primethasone, Solurex, Solurex LA, TaperDex, Zema Pak, ZoDex, Zonacort …show all brand names

Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Rheumatoid Arthritis

1 review 349 medications
Summary of Dexamethasone reviews 6.5 70 reviews

Reviews for Dexamethasone

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This drug is terrible, I am an athlete/coach and have always been a very upbeat/motivated person. I got into a hornets nest and they gave me a shot of this instead of benadryl, I experienced weeks of the worst mood swings of my life, my heart stayed racing so hard I thought I was having a heart attack at times, and I dropped from 160lbs to 145lbs and couldn't stop eating anything in sight. Afterwards I experienced depression/fatigue beyond what I ever thought I could go through that took about 3 months to fully recover from. The migraines were terrible as well. I'm writing this because a friend just stopped by to ask about my experience, he had an allergic reaction and they gave him the same decadron shot. He went through almost identical symptoms. Try your best to avoid this stuff, the side effects aren't worth the benefits."

Ryan (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have familial hemiplegic migraine and my body did not respond well to any other drug then I used this dexamethasone and it worked like a miracle. For 4 months I did not get any headaches"

Ankit (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I hated being on this drug. But my rheumatologist insisted. I was compliant for almost three months. During that time I became very irritable and depressed. My appetite surged, and I gained almost 20 lbs during that time. I completely lost interest in sex. I was often weak and tired. And I did not notice much change in my RA symptoms. Simply put, I was no longer myself. I returned to the doctor with my concerns. She actually wanted to increase the dosage! She is no longer my doctor. I am off Dexamethasone for about six weeks now. I am feeling much better emotionally. I am off most of my RA meds since I contracted kidney disease because of them. I see a new doctor in August. But for now I am trying a more holistic approach. So far so good."

MJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Terrible side effects told doc I refuse to take this seems doctors are pushing steroids over opiates to control people with legit pain. I have pain from brain tumor surgery. I smell a bug with pharma and gov involved here. I may have to change doctor if no change in my treatment is reached."

J (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Inflammation caused by using antibiotics. But have the side effects of weight increase and moon face."

Anonymous February 4, 2018

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "I took 10mg/4 days which is recommended to anyone with ITP. I had side affects for almost a whole week I had a bloody nose off and on the whole time my vision changed couldn't drive and made me sleep a lot and a day after being off of it I had pain from my jaw all the way down to my butt. I couldn't move without feeling like I was going to break. The worst part of it all was when I told my doctor and they said it was not from the medication when it was. I didn't take any other prescription or non prescription drugs. It only made my platelets doubled in numbers and then dropped very fast."

Min89 January 23, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "There was consistent fever, weakness and lack of appetite after the Liver HCC post TACE procedure. This drug helped in overcoming all these problems and increased the diet intake which also helped in increasing weight. Initial dosage was 2mg gradually reducing to 1mg. After a month when I reduced the dosage to 0.5 mg, fever and weakness returned and appetite also reduced slightly...therefore was again forced to go back to 1mg daily dosage which brought back some normality."

Harish Murghai (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2018

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Addison's Disease: "Longer acting steroid option. Gained weight and anxiety."

jennstokes (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2017

For Plaque Psoriasis: "Started the take this medicine for a tongue condition (Geographical tongue). I read it lowers my immune system and it definitely does. I only have one more day of it thank goodness. I feel horrible. My head hurts, my eyes are watery, & I constantly feel achey. I don't really see a difference in my tongue either. Just want to be off this medicine! Let's hope the withdrawals aren't bad either."

Larissa rep June 19, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Every time my migraines get bad enough that I end up at the ER or my back is aching from a fall (3 back surgeries), the doctors end up giving me an IV shot of this. It does work with the cocktail of meds to help calm my migraine but when it is first pushed into the IV please warn the nurse to dilute it and push it VERY SLOW as it makes your body feel like it is literally tingling on FIRE, especially your private parts. My friends call it the "crotch burner"."

kivuvu83 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

Decadron (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have MS and bad back some times I had save this for a time that the doctor wasn't helping out enough. My left leg started to hurt from butt to my angle . Was taking hydrocodacetam. Eating 3 at a time ,wasn't doing enough . Started taking decadron pain level drop a lot but you need to make sure that your eating food with them . Had no side affects! Wish I had more ! Going to ask Doctor ."

Ms kid May 1, 2017

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "My platelet count went down to 15k; doctor prescribed this med. Took 10, 4mg, pills in the morning for 4 days then stopped. CBC Platelet count went up to 90k. However for the 5 days that followed; I was in utter pain. Extreme abdominal pain, voice was hoarse, felt like my throat was on fire, headache and sensitivity to light, and the worse was the abdominal bloat. I couldn't move with it being laborious and having shortness of breath. Not a pill I would ever take again. A week later, CBC Platelets were back down to 15k. I can live with that."

Nstig8r1123 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My IVF doctor prescribed this to me prior to supposedly help with the embryo transfer. I started having painful sensation and redness in a few days, went to ER, they called it mild induration that progressed to cellulitis (now a bump in belly button). On bed rest for almost 3 weeks now, excruciating pain. I missed my scheduled transfer because of this. Currently taking clindamycin to clear infection."

Sis Kim April 26, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took one shot for a lung infection I received while doing some swimming. Fixed the lung infection but the side effects of this drug are very harsh so be prepared. I'm 25 do triathlons and swim regularly. Deal with a normal amount of stress and anxiety but have never had serious problems with it. Resting heart Rate is about 50 normally. After the shot resting heart rate was easily high 60's and low 70's. Extremely agitated and irritable. Very bad insomnia. Anxiety was out the roof and again I've never had problems with anxiety before. Chest pain mixed in with the increased anxiety that most likely made the chest pain felt worse but still it was a problem. This lasted for about a week as well. It's a serious drug."

;aslkdjf;alkjsdf;lakj April 20, 2017

For Cerebral Edema: "I had a seizure which led to them finding a brain tumor. They put me on dexa in the ER and was on it for 2 months after the craniotomy to prevent brain swelling. Don't quite remember the dosing, it was a 1mg or 2mg pill I took 2 or 3 times a day. I had insomnia (slept maybe 3 hours a night even on two percocet every 4 hours), painful acne all over my face and back, mood swings, crazy hunger and weight gain, erectile dysfunction, headaches and joint pain. I suppose it did what it was supposed to, but the side effects were horrible. Even if I had another tumor, I don't think I'd ever use it again."

OldGreg February 15, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I receive this drug with chemo and am supposed to take it days 2-4 afterwards. Other than anxiety it does the trick of improving abdominal pain but once I stop I am in agony. Burning pain and cramps, indigestion, back pain and decreased urine output. I'm ready to give up on the whole thing."

Lizzie5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had spinal stenosis . Severe nerve pain stemming from neck , pain killers do not work on this sort of thing . I went from severe pain to normal within an hour. 4 mg daily for a week . After my prescription ran out that last week , the pain returned and I couldn't get the doctor to give me more , so I had surgery in PA . They were amazing ! They fixed my spine , however , the pain was off the charts after and I didn't understand why I had to fight to get this amazing drug! Over the weekend I had to be rushed to the hospital due to severe pain from my surgery and swelling. I begged for this medicine . Gave me a shot , relief ! Ahhh I love this drug. It's works like no other"

Debra cake February 1, 2017

For Multiple Myeloma: "Don't like this medicine at all my doctor told me to take ten 4 milligrams tab every Wednesday . I can't sleep swollen neck and face tingling and swelling in the feet, shortness of breath ...and lots more I'm not taking this medication anymore"

Dollg January 5, 2017

Adrenocot LA (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given Dexametasone for my cluster headaches. My Dr injects it with lidocaine in the back of my head. It did take away my headaches for 3 months. I immediately knew when it wore off because I received one of the worst headaches. I had forgot what it felt like to get a a headache. I just received more injections for the 2nd time. He gives me about 5 injections on each side of my head at once. I have gained weight and have a swollen face sometimes."

PriscillaL (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Today, I had to refer my aged mother, 85 for her inflamation on the bruise site on the forehead due to fall down, a couple of days ago. I referred her to my family doctor who admistered Dexamethasone Injection IP 2 ml. Within 5minutes she developed breathing heaviness, and she gasped for breath, and was about to be swooned. Fortunately, as the doctor swung into action and administerd her Deriflin inj, and after four hours she returned to normal. This is a worst and risky medicine if I have to say something on this. 24.Nov.2016"

KAVERI. S November 24, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "This steroid nearly killed me. Receiving as part of my chemo took 2 a day for 3 days straight after chemo. Was only on them for three months when they induced diabetic ketoacidosis. Was on life support for 10 days. Will never touch a steroid again. I have given this a high score on the bar because it did stop me feeling sick"

Maggie Gallo (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "It keeps awake and hungry"

Melanie 223 (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

For Not Listed / Other: "Well cant tell if it is effective or not, unbearable to keep taking it because of the side effects. Having all that I see mentioned as well: sleeplessness, bad headaches, increased heart rate, very wired, mood swings, blurred vision goes in/out affected me while i was driving, flushed face. Stopped it after first two days because of this then thinking it was a fluke took again and felt the symptoms instantly. Calling my doc to see if theres something else :("

IrinaLeonova August 7, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I have a brain tumor and it Did the job it had to do, but the side effects were horrendous! Gained 10kg in 1 month! Moon face which made me unrecognisable, feeling of depression! Very outspoken to my family, which is totally unlike me! Have been off them for 2 months now haven't lost any of the weight yet but my body is starting to deflate, feel like I have mainly water retention."

Luuu (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

For Not Listed / Other: "I was given a harsh regiment of this drug. I took 50 (5mg) pills over four days leading up to my surgery. The hope was it would minimize the pressure on my spinal cord caused by a tumor and in doing so prevent any additional injury to the spinal cord until they came up with a game plan to remove the tumor. It worked but kept me wired the whole time... I literally did not sleep for 5 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2016