User Reviews for Dexamethasone

Also known as: Adrenocot, Adrenocot LA, Baycadron, Dalalone, Dalalone DP, Dalalone LA, De-Sone LA, Decadron, Decadron Phosphate, Injectable, Decadron-LA, Decaject, Decaject LA, Dexacen-4, Dexacort Phosphate in Respihaler, Dexacort-LA, ...show all 31 brand names

Learn more about Dexamethasone.

Dexamethasone Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced.

Reviews for Dexamethasone to treat Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced

"I receive this drug with chemo and am supposed to take it days 2-4 afterwards. Other than anxiety it does the trick of improving abdominal pain but once I stop I am in agony. Burning pain and cramps, indigestion, back pain and decreased urine output. I'm ready to give up on the whole thing."

Lizzie5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This steroid nearly killed me. Receiving as part of my chemo took 2 a day for 3 days straight after chemo. Was only on them for three months when they induced diabetic ketoacidosis. Was on life support for 10 days. Will never touch a steroid again. I have given this a high score on the bar because it did stop me feeling sick"

Maggie Gallo (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have a brain tumor and it Did the job it had to do, but the side effects were horrendous! Gained 10kg in 1 month! Moon face which made me unrecognisable, feeling of depression! Very outspoken to my family, which is totally unlike me! Have been off them for 2 months now haven't lost any of the weight yet but my body is starting to deflate, feel like I have mainly water retention."

Luuu (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone): "Been taking is drug for about over a year now. Ive got stage 3 multiple myeloma (bone cancer). Really have now bad side affects. The only issue if have is sleeplessness, it really keeps ya awake at night hard time to fall asleep. Other than that it works great."

Kurt A. December 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I started chemo again for the third time, I was surprised that I had a lot more issues with nausea and loss of appetite, and also fatigue, then I did the other chemos. The previous times I only had 2 days of loss of appetite. Now I was experiencing 4 - 5 days of stomach upset, acid reflux and extreme fatigue. My chemo is Carboplatin and Gemzar. I tried other nausea medicines that weren't very effective, or made me very drowsy. The Dexamethasone 4mg dose -1 pill in the morning, did the trick. My doctor also gave me a pill for indigestion. I could eat anything, and wasn't tired. I know I can't stay on it for very long, but I hope it will be OK for the next 9 weeks I have left of Chemo."

Lindylouwho32 December 29, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had tried Zofran and Ativan, to no avail. I had dreadful vomiting and nausea from the chemotherapy, and was losing weight as everything I ate came back up again. But once I was prescribed the dexamethasone, I was able to get both the nausea and vomiting under control, and start eating again. It worked well for me!"

StillMe April 18, 2012