User Reviews for Dupixent

Eczema
7.4

Summary of Dupixent reviews 7.3 103 reviews

Reviews for Dupixent

For Eczema "Your add on TV is so disgusting. Even if I need it I will not get it. Please change the add."

Anonymous February 11, 2019

For Eczema "Life saving. I am 60 years old. I have been suffering with eczema since 4. It took my Dermatologist 6 months to talk me into taking Dupixent. I have tried every natural alternative but finally gave in. I can't believe how blessed and happy I feel. It is a bit scary at first but nothing in comparison to the torture of eczema. All the sleepless nights, social isolation, thousands of dollars on anything that might help..no problems anymore. I have only a little eye redness but I had eczema in my eyes on occassion so this is manageable. My neck burns at times but isn't red, Cerave calms. So happy! Hopefully my insurance and Dupixent drug company will keep the medications available to me. If you are on the fence deciding, don't wait. It was worth the try for me."

R W (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "Eczema/atopic dermatitis/ allergies run in my family & I’ve suffered since I was a baby, like most, tried steroids, light therapy, EVERYTHING - nothing cleared it up. I moved to TX a few years ago and the heat made me break out even more, head to toe I was too embarrassed to wear shorts or tank tops- swimming irritates it etc. I just turned 33 & was crying every night out of frustration because I was in pain and itched so badly I’d go days with no sleep. Thankfully I was approved for Dupixent Myway so do not have to pay the crazy costs. The shots are twice a month and have made a huge difference in quality of life. I have mild breakouts here and there but nothing like the relentless, unsightly itchy skin I had before. For me, making sure my showers aren’t too hot, sleeping w/ cool covers & moisturizing with canola oil! It’s unscented and I rub it into my skin after the shower & at night. Paired with Dupixent I’m 95% clear!"

Polishgirl February 7, 2019

For Eczema "This drug has been amazing. I developed Eczema at about age 35. Oddly, never had skin problems, but I took Zyrtec for allergies. Immediately after going off Zyrtec, my body was on fire for weeks. Eventually, it localized to my arms and back. It was awful. For years I dealt with this. Constant itching, threw away so many blood spotted shirts, couldn't wear short sleeves, everyone always thought I had poison ivy, couldn't sleep without heavy antihistamine which made me non-functional the next day. I was skeptical when my Dr mentioned this drug. I've used every lotion and potion on the market, the success stats weren't that impressive and giving myself a shot every 2 weeks sounded awful. But, 10 days in, my Eczema was gone. Not reduced. GONE. It's been about 7 weeks now and my skin is clear and hasn't itched at all. I'm lucky my insurance covered it, and I still worry about as yet undiscovered long term side effects, but this medicine has been a life saver for me."

Sara (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

For Eczema "I had eczema my entire life and from middle school and up until May 2017 I had control over it and you could not tell I had it. Something changed in 2017 and I had the worst flare up that I can even imagine. Finally I started dupixent in Nov 2018. It has changed my life. I used to be embarrassed to go places bc my skin was so red and bad. Now I’m almost as clear as I used to be. The only negative side effect was that it caused blurry vision and an eye infection. Went to the eye dr and fixed that. Haven’t had any problems since. Another downside is the cost. Luckily I got dupixent myway or I would’ve been paying $3000 for my refills. I currently pay nothing"

Gigi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2019

"I started the loading dose in October 2018. The nodules continued appearing but less intense itching by the end of November 2018. I wanted to go off of this medication but Dermatologist advised continuing for a 4 month period. I quit injections around December 13th, 2018. Have had fever, chills, stomach issues, fluid in the ears and eye problems. My eyes felt like they were burning. These aren't all of the side effects I am dealing with. I gather the Dermas office is to afraid to contact me since I left them numerous messages. This drug was shipped from Ft. Worth to IL where I am living"

Beagles (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "Took the loading dose 600 mg and eyes got red, itchy and puffy. Advised my dermatologist and he gave me a Rx for and eyedrop called Bepahamide. This is a combination of steroid (prennisilone) and antibiotic in one eye drops. Both eyes twice a day for 10 days. Eyes got a little better. Took second dose (300 mg). Eyes got worse. Went back to dermatologist and he gave a second course of the same eye drop with no improvement. Went to My ophthalmologist. He did a complete eye exam. Ophthalmologist had to look up Dupixent when I told him it was one of the side effects of this medication. He suggested antihistamine otc eye drop called zantidor. Been using zantidor and still my eyes have not cleared. Saw noticeable improvement in my skin after first 2 doses but unfortunately stopped using dupixent due to severe eye irritation. Now what? My eyes aren't getting better and the dermatologist has gone back to topical corticosteroid can someone please tell me what to do about my eyes?"

Mickey January 22, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have asthma and atopic dermatitis/hives. My allergy and immunologist put me in the original FDA drug trial for this drug so I am in my fourth year of taking it. I self inject. Have never had any side effects and it has changed my life. I can not imagine going back to the many medications I was on before I found this solution. I was also on 4 Zyrtec and 2 Claritin a day. In addition to advair, singular ventolin, patanol, Flonase, astelin. Plus prednisone frequently when I would have allergy or give flare ups. Now I only take this one medication and do not need anything else. A blessing in my life for sure."

Lisa (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 20, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "Most disgusting commercial I have ever seen. I change my channel when it comes on. Can't you do better than that with a commercial that is supposed to sell your product ???. I definitely would not buy it because I couldn't make myself use it. It is awful, awful, awful. Worst commercial I have ever seen. YYYYUUUUUKKKKKK"

disgusted January 17, 2019

For Eczema "Wow. I'm not sure where to even start! I have suffered with Eczema my whole life (28 yrs old), recently turning into Dermatitis Eczema after an episode of Eczema herpeticum. I have tried absolutely everything from steriod creams, UV lights and was recently on Azathioprine for 4 years, but no real change! I started on Dupixent last week, and I can honestly say this has been life changing! I am actually managing to sleep through the WHOLE night... I don't have to hoover my bed every morning because of dry skin, I don't itch constantly, and I feel 100% better in myself! I panicked at the thought of having to self inject, but it was nothing.... I panicked over nothing, so if you're reading this and haven't had your first injection yet.. please don't worry! Thanks again to whoever invented this medicine! You have changed my life for the better (and I'm only 1 week in)!!"

Abby January 16, 2019

For Eczema "I’m probably the only person who has had an adverse reaction to dupixent. Somehow after starting the treatment my eczema has worsened. Flaring up in places it’s never been before. Flaking and even peeling all over my hands. I have seen no change in the amount of itching. I have done 3 injections and do not notice any good results at all. I will stick with it though because I still have some hope that this will help clear up my eczema. I'm hoping that because I started it during the cold and dry season that it doesn’t work as well."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "My skin has improved 100% since this drug. I had horrible itching and topical treatment only made the creepy crawly intense itching worse. I would scratch till there was blood and my skin oozed but still I would itch. I can sleep! It's so worth the side effects! After a year all of the dry itchy eye & swollen lids have gone!"

Annie (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2018

For Eczema "My significant other has had severe eczema all of his life. I've been withhim for 13 years. He takes 4 allergy shots a week and we have tried every thing including the new topical Meds. Nothing has ever worked for his severe itching, until now. 2 days after taking the first 2 shots the itchy feeling was better. 1 week later there was no new rash forming and he said that the itches have all gone. I am beyond happy. Now we can work on getting his skin cleared up."

Mom (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Eczema "Dupixent has honestly changed, and possibly saved, my life. I had eczema covering my hands for over a year, to the point where it was painful to touch anything or type on a keyboard (something required everyday at my job). I had trouble cooking, because to prep food I often needed to wash it, which caused major pain on my hands. I was embarrassed to shake other people's hands. I was embarrassed to be in public. I tried every steroid cream, I tried diet changes, I saw multiple dermatologists. Getting approval for Dupixent was a bit of a hassle, but in the end, it turned my life around. I now have occasional small patches of eczema, but for the first time in my life I've had months where none of the skin on my hands is broken. It's miraculous, and I just pray that it continues to work! I've had some eye dryness and a cold sore or two as side effects, but the benefits far outweigh these effects."

MZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For Eczema "I had 3 dupixent injections, within 4 days my skin was so much better, I was amazed. However, it was short lived as I got double pink eye and horrible chapped lips and sores around my lips. Its horrible! I haven't taken the medication since March 2018, and I still have residual side effects! And my eczema is now worse than its ever been. I hope the side affects go away and stay gone."

Sjones December 10, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "My baby brother died in February and I went from being a pretty healthy person to having pus ooze from head, feet, toes, arms, knees and ankles encrusted, bleeding and my right hand so cracked up I could barely use it. Staph infection, kidney stones etc etc. Ready to end my journey because I had always had a quality of life. Turned 60 in Nov. Now I have been on dupixent for a month..my second shot and my body is clearing up. No cracks in my hands, I'm a little scared BUT I'm willing to see what will happen to my body on the drug. I can't imagine living with this for years.,.I just can't imagine it. A co-worker (who has the same) and I discussed whether the idea of getting some ailment from taking the drug to living with the eczema. Hands down..give me the drug. Life is to be lived...my family needs to see me back. I am getting there I hope. Prayers for every ones journey!!"

T December 7, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Two years ago my dermatitis went absolutely out of control and nothing was working. About 2/3 of my body was covered and I couldn't walk, eat, or sleep without pain. Triamcinolone, prednisone, you name it, no effect. I started on Dupixent in October of last year and there's been nothing but huge improvement since then. It took about 3 months for the effects to really take hold, but since then I've been down to just very mild eczema in a few spots (above my eyes, behind my ears, and my inner elbows). It's been an absolutely life changing drug for me. Only complaint I have is how much of a nightmare it was to get my insurance to cover it. Once it was though, I qualified for the manufacturer's copay card which covers up to $13,000 in out of pocket cost per year, so I currently pay nothing for my monthly prescription."

Amanda (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2018

For Eczema "Cleared up some eczema but caused more on my face and headaches for two straight days after I gave it to myself. The injection itself hurts really bad and burns. Gave me a yeast infection on my mouth which apparently is a common side effect. My eyes are itchy red and dry! All and all I hate it! And will never use it AGAIN"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For Eczema "I used Dupixent for a little over 4 Months, it cleared my skin completely. The skin on my body was baby soft and itching became occasional (like a normal person). Prior to Dupixent my skin was rashy, red, cracked, weeping, itching, burning, raw spots, almost EVERYWHERE since birth to 27. I discontinued Dupixent, got conjunctivitis twice, and got eczema on my face where I’d never had it before. My eyes were itchy, dry, red, and I was scared the moisture would never be restored. I also developed sores around my mouth, which was the last straw. I’m in Marketing and I need to look nice for work. I’m back to eczema everywhere and treating with tub on tub of steroid ointment........... praying for those who understand"

Serendipity November 14, 2018

For Eczema "Injection worked for the first four months and then not much improvement. Eyes were burning. I started in March 2018 and stopped in October. No more burning eyes and actually after I stopped treatment, skin got better. I will never use it again even though I had no cost. Better to just use the external ointment. It's no fun to poke your belly."

Caz November 12, 2018

For Eczema "I wanted to share my experience with Dupixent and hope this will help others. I have had severe eczema since I was a baby. I used many cortisone creams & ointments. I began to see that cortisone was less effective & I worried about long term absorption. Dupixent was recommended. I am on month 4 of using and all I can say is Wow. The first month or so, it was hard to see an immediate difference with my skin but I noticed a significant difference in regards to itch. I was less itchy, and hardly any scratching. I saw my skin begin to heal. By month 3, I saw a significant improvement with my skin. Another positive is that Dupixent makes my allergic responses milder (sneezing, itchy watery eyes, etc.) I know that every individual may have a different experience & reaction with this medication, & it might not work for everyone. I would strongly suggest at trying this for a couple of months if nothing else is working. To me, it has been life changing and I don't say that lightly."

D. November 12, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I am well into my 50s and started suffering diognosed Atopic Dermatitis. My hands were so bad I couldn't shake hands with anyone. All my finger tips had to be bandaged up. The skin on my fingers and thumbs were so thick my phone at times could not recognize my thumbs if I wanted to text! My palms looked like chemical burns to my skin they were peeling so bad. I also have this on my feet but not nearly as bad as my hands. Steroid shots would clear this up but only for a few weeks. Topical steroids would help but made my finger tips very sensitive to hot or cold. I will be closing in on my 4th Dupixant injection. I still have the itching, but my skin has really cleared up. Not close to 100% but I will take this over what awfulness I have been through the past 2 years."

Steven (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

For Eczema "I to have used everything under the sun to try to clear my eczema and the only thing that worked was prednisone. I've been on dupixent since August 31st, 2018 and at first I noticed everything clear up. With the past 2 injections, every 2 weeks, I been flaring up again but not so much on the face and scalp as I did in the past. I hope with more doses, this clears up. I am itchy again too. And as everyone else, my eyes are also bothering me but I doctor states that they are very dry and suggested some moisture drops. I hope it gets better soon. At the beginning, my skin felt so soft."

Chicky (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Had AD since birth (youngest of nine and we ALL had it) we used to sleep with red bags wrapped around or feet and hands to force the steroids salves into our skin. Day after day we do go to school with torn up sheets as bandages on our fingers. Kids never wanted to sit next to me because they thought it was “Catchy”. I’ve been on Dupixent for a year. I do not have a single bloody crack on my hands. My skin is smooth and soft. Even my nails have straightened out. The bad news is that I have severe joint pain. Trying to manage it with Tylenol. Not giving up. Not ever going back to AD. Thank you for giving me life without pain, burning, itching and embarrassment."

Never going back... (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Absolutely, helped me, the drug has improved my life! The problem is with my eyes, weeping, red,inflamed, itchy, etc...actually, becoming unbearable..( I have been on Dupixent since March 15th, 2018] deciding what to do.. (actually, the Swiss health care may not pay anymore)..... interesting, wow people so underestimate this disease... just so so underestimated how horrible it is for families etc ....l"

murms krueger October 18, 2018