User Reviews for Dupixent

Asthma, Maintenance

Summary of Dupixent reviews 7.2 129 reviews

Reviews for Dupixent

Jamie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 19, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "37, male, Asian, suffered from Atopic Dermatitis for 20 yrs. I took Dupixent over 6 months, and having trouble now. I felt my Atopic problem went away for first 2 months ( I took 3 shots for the 1st month, and 2 shots from 2nd months). As noticed side effect, my eyes got dry and itchy which is still bearable. What I think as a problem for now is the red skin syndrome. This started around the eyes and now spread under the neck- now to shoulder. The red spots make white skin flake and hurts when the flake removed, and looks wrinkled. Now I'm considering to stop this medication and return to other treatments."

Lynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

For Eczema "I have had severe eczema for about 7 years. Finally I tried most everything and decided to try Dupixent. I had great success with it and also a significant problem. About about 2 and 1/2 months, I developed pain in my eye. I went to doctor and I have herpes simplex 1 in my eye. I have been off Dupixent and I’m on several medications for the herpes in the eye over a month and still have it. It also had gone into the underlying cornea not just the surface. Two months ago I stopped taking Dupixent.. It really helped my skin - felt like a miracle- but at what cost ? I don’t think I can risk my eye but I have to tell you I am upset because I know Dupixent is a treatment not a cure and my eczema will come back. I feel even worse because I have to get off a drug that was really helping me. (I’m on Medicare and I still have to pay almost $6,500 annually."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "I’ve only been taking Dupixent for about a month and already have seen quite an improvement to my SEVERE eczema. I’m also a brittle asthmatic and have noticed I’m using asthma inhaler 1/3 LESS than I was before so that was a GREAT surprise and bonus! My skin is not completely clear or nearly smooth yet but I know not to even expect to see full results for 3-4 months so given that, I give this medication an 8. I would never give it a 10 given the ridiculous cost but the ease of pharmacy delivery and administration of the drug in pre filled, syringes with retractable needles are great convenience so that bumps the ratings up a bit. I am VERY HAPPY with my results from Dupixent so far!"

surf1div1 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 18, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "I started Dupixent August 2017 to replace the cyclosporine and it helped cosmetically with my skin but does very little to stop the itch. My AD is severe and after reading the trials it was only about as effective as cyclosporine but w/o the side effects. I scratch throughout the day - not 24/7 but enough to suffer from sleep deprivation and the social stigma of scratching and having skin come off due to how vigorous I scratch. Sheets changed weekly with blood spots from the bleeding."

Wig · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "Dupixent has not cured my eczema or made it any better. It has caused my breakouts to be more severe and occur more often. I now have two infected and dry eyes also due to the shots."

LJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2019

For Eczema "This drug led to significant hair loss, as well as a large rash at injection site. Would much rather address my eczema with topical steroids than lose my hair. Terrible drug."

heather · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have horrible chemical allergies that left me with rashes and and I would have reaction of blisters for the last 7 years. My lungs turned on me about 2 years ago. I was put on so many steroids (inhaled, oral and topical) the doctors accidentally gave me steroid myopathy and shut my adrenal gland down leaving me with POTS for 3 months. Still not able to breath, several ER visits, allergic reactions to 3 different steroids my pulmonologist finally put me on Dupixent. It has literally saved my life. I can not believe the difference in just 8 weeks. I couldn't even climb the stairs 8 weeks ago without having an asthma attack. I finally can breath and I have cleared skin too. This biological is worth every penny to me. I would highly recommend it."

Bill May 15, 2019

For Eczema "I am 27 and have been suffering with severe eczema since I was 16 years old. From day one this disease completely took away my ability to live a full life. I will spare everyone here the emotional toll it took on me as well as difficulties in school, with friends, with family, because I know people dealing with this issue know how that is. After hundreds of doctor visits and many medications, my doctors began to give me cyclosporine intermittently throughout the year. This would calm my symptoms but they would immediately resurface when the pills were gone. Being fearful of what this was doing to my body my doctor brought up Dupixent and I decided to give it a go for the eczema. After four days my symptoms were about 80% gone. I have been on medication now for 2 months and have been able to live my life again. Where as before I would scratch 24/7 all day everyday it has been reduced to probably 5 minutes a day and very minor if that. Thank you to all who worked on this medicine and future biologics to come."

Baza · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2019

For Eczema "I have a lot of pressure in my legs and they are very painful. The skin is very dry and scaly. The eczema is now worse on parts of my body compared to before treatment, skin still itchy. I also have ITP (immune thrombocytopenic purpura) that means my white bood cells attack red blood cells and this has made my blood even thinner, so I am bleeding all the time when I scratch. ITP makes my nails brittle and sharp so I cannot help with the problem of scratching my skin. I believe this medication makes my blood even thinner. Need to get off it and back to methotrexate please."

JP · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 2, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "I have been taking the medication for a year now, and what can I say, but WOW at first I didn't know how to feel but to know it only took two weeks for my skin to clean up. I am super happy of this medication and whomever thought of this. And I was only out of pocket 0.00!!!!"

Chris · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 1, 2019

For Eczema "This drug gave me my life back my severe atopic dermatitis, skin infections, and hives are gone. Had issues with eyes for first six months and almost quit. Used Eucrisa around eyes and got them under control. Now I only have to do minor spot treats every once and awhile. Thank goodness for this medicine. I was one miserable person before. I itched all day and night. I have my life back. So thankful!!!"

Kevin · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 30, 2019

For Eczema "I've had severe eczema since I was born. My allergist recommended we try Dupixent. My life is something I've never ever known. No more constant itching No more scalding showers No more tossing and turning at night No more bleeding behind my knees and on my arms No more steroids It's easy, and absolutely works for me. My quality of life is so improved, it almost impossible to believe."

Peony1 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2019

For Eczema "Absolutely life changing! My son’s skin was painful , infected and he literally could barely move or walk much less have a normal life. After less than a year on Dupixengt he has his life back and can attend school and do normal physical activities. Bless the doctors who worked to develop this. It is amazing for sufferers of the severest form of disfiguring eczema that debilitated my sons mind and body. ❤️"

Stackers · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 17, 2019

For Eczema "I’ve had eczema since I was tiny, and as I got older it just got worse, hospital tried everything to make it better such as light therapy, azathioprine and other similar tablets and they would improve me slightly for maybe 2 months then back to the usual dryness and itching. Then finally my consultant put me in touch with a company that does dupixent, and it has transformed me. I can now just go to bed and go to sleep rather than 30 mins cream, 30 mins scratch then sleep I don’t have to hoover 2 -3 times a day I don’t have to carry creams everywhere I go I cant recommend this enough to anyone with eczema! Injections were daunting for me but no problems after being showed how to do it, I would say generally isn’t painful, more uncomfortable but it 100% worth it. The only reason isn't a 10 is the side effects (itchy/watery eyes) can be infuriating tho the itch is only 1/10th of what my eczema caused me so I’m happy with that trade"

Stevo · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2019

For Eczema "I received my loading dose in March of 2019. One week to the day my right eye developed a corneal edema. I can't say I'm really surprised cause I've had eye problems since thinning corneas ten years ago. I've been on two medications; prednisolone AC and Muro128. Four days on the medication for the corneal edema and my eye is clearing up but still cloudy. My skin did clear up within a week but the not having my eyesight isn't worth the trouble. Other than the eye problem, I've had no other negative reactions. I don't plan on getting another dupixent shot."

Acalie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "I have been using Dupixent for a month and a half now and feel pretty good, my husband says my skin feels soft. I've had dermatitis all my life only using topical creams but Dupixent so far is working better than anything I've tried. I am so grateful and happy now it can only get better from here"

Sarah · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had multiple severe side effects from the first dose two weeks ago. I got flu-like symptoms for 48 hours: hot flashes/sweating, headache, felt feverish, and felt quite fatigued. My heart was racing for over two days after the shots. I already suffer from recurrent UTIs, and right after the Dupixant, I got a terrible increase in bladder pain that I’m still suffering with. I have been extremely depressed because of the bladder pain and having to pee every half hour I have a rash in the two spots where I was injected with dupixant. My eyes were red and extremely dry and irritated the first two days after the shots; now they are slightly red and very dry and gritty. My asthma and allergies seemed to clear up right away but have returned less than two weeks after the shot. No way I’m taking this again."

Sara · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2019

For Eczema "This drug has changed my life. My eczema was so severe that I could barely move. I have taken Dupixent for 6 months now and I can say I've got my life back!"

SWG · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 16, 2019

For Eczema "I just wanted to say that you need to give the Dupixent the full 16 weeks. I almost stopped. At the beginning my head was so hot I started buying new pillows. My face turned pink. The itch subsided pretty quickly then the body. Face and head took longer. I had a flare on my wrist that I tried to get rid of for 3 years! That is now a lot better at 16 weeks with spot treating. I still use a bit of Scalpicin once in a while. But the Dupixant definitely takes the edge off. I find if you just place the needle it slips in by itself. You don’t have to stab yourself. Good luck."

Jimmy · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 10, 2019

For Eczema "I have had eczema almost all my life and have tried every cream and light therapy and injections with nothing working , My asthma doctor told me about dupixent and I started to take the injections every 2 weeks , I saw some improvement early and after every injection it got better . It took longer then they said it would but after about 6 months I was totally clear. It has changed my life and anybody with eczema needs to take this drug because it works . I have been on dupixent now for almost 2 years and I am still eczema free ."

Shay858 March 5, 2019

For Eczema "I just developed eczema within the last 3 years and would literally cry because nothing would help. I have developed very low self esteem and would not go anywhere. I started the injections about 2 months ago and the rashes have subsided. I feel when I get into the week in between my injections I start getting itchy and red. Steroid cream helps at this time. I feel this medicine would be better if it was weekly instead of biweekly. My eyeballs literally itch like crazy after the injections but that goes away after a couple days and subsides after a dose of Benadryl. I still get pretty dry skin but nothing lotion does not help. I am not scratching myself until I literally scratch all the skin off which I was doing previously! I will say that with this injection I am feeling 80% better. I do not think I will ever be 100% again but this is WAY better than a year ago!!"

JJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 5, 2019

For Eczema "This drug worked amazingly for 6 months. I felt like a normal human. It worked so well! However after 6 months I started getting horrible burning painful blotches on my neck at first. Then my face. Then my inner elbows. It hurt really bad that if I wore a long sleeve shirt to hide it, it would ache in pain. I decided to stop the drug as an experiment to see if it was caused by the drug. My dermatologist said no that it’s just an eczema flare. He didn’t really seem to have the time of day to listen to my concerns. He would just brush it off. After 3 months of stopping dupixent my skin went back to regular eczema that I was used to. I felt itchy again which was annoying but the horrible painful blotchy skin was gone on my face and neck. I waited a year before I decided to try dupixent again. I tried it and it worked but not as effective as when I first tried it. Again I started getting burning blotchy skin around my neck and face. It hurts and burns and aches. I decided to stop again."

SD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 4, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis " My dermatologist suggested I tried dupixent for my severe atopic dermatitis. I was nervous to do injections on myself but it's easy to get do. It doesn't hurt a lot if you do it correctly. I've been on it for over 6 months. I recently (2-3 weeks) noticed my neck broke out in hive-looking rashes. It's on the front and back of my neck. My eyelids and the skin above my upper lip are red and dry. I continuously moisturize everyday multiple times a day and it doesn't seem to help. Only a steroid shot seemed to help relieve the rash but it has redeveloped. Dupixent really helped clear me up (22 female) but now I don't know if it's still working or not. I will give it time and see if it goes away."

Unhappy patient · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "By their own statistics, Dupixent works less than 40% of the time, so it is no surprise that I had zero benefit. But to make things worse, their "copayment reimbursement" program is a sham. First they said they "lost" my first 3 claims and suggested I resubmit them. Then they denied them saying they were "too late" even though the original submissions had been on time. Nothing but excuses and a complete lack of professionalism."

Thankful · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2019

For Eczema "LIFE CHANGING! I have struggled with horrific eczema on my back for the past 5 yrs. My entire back was covered, from neck to waist. I don't need to tell any of you the emotional toll it will take on you. I tried Everything. This is simply life changing and I am so thankful for it. Cost: It was a pain to get covered, but finally I did, then learned of the copay card, which makes it free. Results: By day 3 I was crying at the sight of my back clearing. I noticed on day 12 it started to come back some, but by day 15, after the next dose it was clear again. The itch stopped after about 3 weeks! Side effects: The 2 days following the initial 600mg dose, as well as the morning after each dose, my eyes are gunky but it clears within a few hours. I am also now glued to chap stick, lips get soo dry, but it is worth it. Pain: I take it in the stomach, I don't think it hurts at all."