User Reviews for Dupixent

Eczema
7.4

Summary of Dupixent reviews 7.4 90 reviews

Reviews for Dupixent

For Eczema "I had 3 dupixent injections, within 4 days my skin was so much better, I was amazed. However, it was short lived as I got double pink eye and horrible chapped lips and sores around my lips. Its horrible! I haven't taken the medication since March 2018, and I still have residual side effects! And my eczema is now worse than its ever been. I hope the side affects go away and stay gone."

Sjones December 10, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "My baby brother died in February and I went from being a pretty healthy person to having pus ooze from head, feet, toes, arms, knees and ankles encrusted, bleeding and my right hand so cracked up I could barely use it. Staph infection, kidney stones etc etc. Ready to end my journey because I had always had a quality of life. Turned 60 in Nov. Now I have been on dupixent for a month..my second shot and my body is clearing up. No cracks in my hands, I'm a little scared BUT I'm willing to see what will happen to my body on the drug. I can't imagine living with this for years.,.I just can't imagine it. A co-worker (who has the same) and I discussed whether the idea of getting some ailment from taking the drug to living with the eczema. Hands down..give me the drug. Life is to be lived...my family needs to see me back. I am getting there I hope. Prayers for every ones journey!!"

T December 7, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Two years ago my dermatitis went absolutely out of control and nothing was working. About 2/3 of my body was covered and I couldn't walk, eat, or sleep without pain. Triamcinolone, prednisone, you name it, no effect. I started on Dupixent in October of last year and there's been nothing but huge improvement since then. It took about 3 months for the effects to really take hold, but since then I've been down to just very mild eczema in a few spots (above my eyes, behind my ears, and my inner elbows). It's been an absolutely life changing drug for me. Only complaint I have is how much of a nightmare it was to get my insurance to cover it. Once it was though, I qualified for the manufacturer's copay card which covers up to $13,000 in out of pocket cost per year, so I currently pay nothing for my monthly prescription."

Amanda (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2018

For Eczema "Cleared up some eczema but caused more on my face and headaches for two straight days after I gave it to myself. The injection itself hurts really bad and burns. Gave me a yeast infection on my mouth which apparently is a common side effect. My eyes are itchy red and dry! All and all I hate it! And will never use it AGAIN"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For Eczema "I used Dupixent for a little over 4 Months, it cleared my skin completely. The skin on my body was baby soft and itching became occasional (like a normal person). Prior to Dupixent my skin was rashy, red, cracked, weeping, itching, burning, raw spots, almost EVERYWHERE since birth to 27. I discontinued Dupixent, got conjunctivitis twice, and got eczema on my face where I’d never had it before. My eyes were itchy, dry, red, and I was scared the moisture would never be restored. I also developed sores around my mouth, which was the last straw. I’m in Marketing and I need to look nice for work. I’m back to eczema everywhere and treating with tub on tub of steroid ointment........... praying for those who understand"

Serendipity November 14, 2018

For Eczema "Injection worked for the first four months and then not much improvement. Eyes were burning. I started in March 2018 and stopped in October. No more burning eyes and actually after I stopped treatment, skin got better. I will never use it again even though I had no cost. Better to just use the external ointment. It's no fun to poke your belly."

Caz November 12, 2018

For Eczema "I wanted to share my experience with Dupixent and hope this will help others. I have had severe eczema since I was a baby. I used many cortisone creams & ointments. I began to see that cortisone was less effective & I worried about long term absorption. Dupixent was recommended. I am on month 4 of using and all I can say is Wow. The first month or so, it was hard to see an immediate difference with my skin but I noticed a significant difference in regards to itch. I was less itchy, and hardly any scratching. I saw my skin begin to heal. By month 3, I saw a significant improvement with my skin. Another positive is that Dupixent makes my allergic responses milder (sneezing, itchy watery eyes, etc.) I know that every individual may have a different experience & reaction with this medication, & it might not work for everyone. I would strongly suggest at trying this for a couple of months if nothing else is working. To me, it has been life changing and I don't say that lightly."

D. November 12, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I am well into my 50s and started suffering diognosed Atopic Dermatitis. My hands were so bad I couldn't shake hands with anyone. All my finger tips had to be bandaged up. The skin on my fingers and thumbs were so thick my phone at times could not recognize my thumbs if I wanted to text! My palms looked like chemical burns to my skin they were peeling so bad. I also have this on my feet but not nearly as bad as my hands. Steroid shots would clear this up but only for a few weeks. Topical steroids would help but made my finger tips very sensitive to hot or cold. I will be closing in on my 4th Dupixant injection. I still have the itching, but my skin has really cleared up. Not close to 100% but I will take this over what awfulness I have been through the past 2 years."

Steven (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

For Eczema "I to have used everything under the sun to try to clear my eczema and the only thing that worked was prednisone. I've been on dupixent since August 31st, 2018 and at first I noticed everything clear up. With the past 2 injections, every 2 weeks, I been flaring up again but not so much on the face and scalp as I did in the past. I hope with more doses, this clears up. I am itchy again too. And as everyone else, my eyes are also bothering me but I doctor states that they are very dry and suggested some moisture drops. I hope it gets better soon. At the beginning, my skin felt so soft."

Chicky (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Had AD since birth (youngest of nine and we ALL had it) we used to sleep with red bags wrapped around or feet and hands to force the steroids salves into our skin. Day after day we do go to school with torn up sheets as bandages on our fingers. Kids never wanted to sit next to me because they thought it was “Catchy”. I’ve been on Dupixent for a year. I do not have a single bloody crack on my hands. My skin is smooth and soft. Even my nails have straightened out. The bad news is that I have severe joint pain. Trying to manage it with Tylenol. Not giving up. Not ever going back to AD. Thank you for giving me life without pain, burning, itching and embarrassment."

Never going back... (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Absolutely, helped me, the drug has improved my life! The problem is with my eyes, weeping, red,inflamed, itchy, etc...actually, becoming unbearable..( I have been on Dupixent since March 15th, 2018] deciding what to do.. (actually, the Swiss health care may not pay anymore)..... interesting, wow people so underestimate this disease... just so so underestimated how horrible it is for families etc ....l"

murms krueger October 18, 2018

For Eczema "2 weeks on Dupixent and I have seen improvements. After a whole body breakout. After about the 2nd day my skin started to scale and peel..I've never seen so much peeling skin. I am still peeling just not as much..and my skin is starting to become smooth again..I've also been moisturizing all day long. In this 2 week time frame my skin has also been red and pink in the areas that are broke out..I'm not too sure but I think in the next 2 weeks I should see more improvements"

Winterbae (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2018

For Eczema "I've had my third shot and seen some improvement but still itching , today my skin has flared up bad but I don't now if it’s just the injection wearing off."

Ang (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "My first dose of Dupixent in February, which is the double dose, was challenging. My arms broke out like never before, but that dissipated. It's been almost 8 months and with each dose I seem to get a little better. My skin has completely transformed from dry, red, and scaly, to soft, normally colored skin. Every time my husband touches me he comments how much my skin has changed and is amazed by it. The only negative I've experienced on this medication is that my eyesight has gotten worse. But, that is a price I'm willing to pay. Also, I wish this medicine was a weekly dose so as to not have the peaks and valleys of a bi-weekly injection."

WillyD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2018

For Eczema "For years I suffered with eczema that was so bad my skin when I scratched came off from years of steroid use. My hands were the worst. Prior to starting this drug, I was on methotrexate which helped my hands but they never fully cleared up. This drug is excellent I saw results within 2 weeks I'm losing my insurance by 30th and worried the eczema will return. Thank you for giving me my life back"

Flubb September 20, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I am 38 years old and have had eczema on and off most of my life. It started getting really excruciating about 3 years ago. Sores all over from scratching. Couldn't sleep. Couldn't sweat. Depressed because I didn't want to go out. The flare ups got so bad that my patients would ask me if I was ok (I'm a nurse so I have to work through the flare ups, which were constant). I was put on high doses of oral steroids, antihistamines, Even intravenous steroids and nothing helped. This drug has changed my life. I've been on it 9 months and my skin is 75 percent clearer. The itching is 90 percent better. I would not want to be without this medication. It is truly a blessing. I wish I could Thank everyone who worked on getting this drug approved!"

Dee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 6, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "Good results on the Atopic dermatitis (AD). I did get problems with my eyes (itching). I try to keep the eyes in the best possible condition. I prefer to keep my skin in a good condition by this medication."

Stef (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Eczema "It's slow to work on me, but over the past year, I and others have noticed a significant difference. It's slowly getting me back to a normal quality of life that I had."

wittlechaos (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I suffer from Atopic Dermatitis and was on Dupixent for 7 months with no change. It calmed down the itching some and that's all. 4 months into taking the injections my joints started to hurt and continued to get worse. The Dr. stopped the Dupixent and my joints began to feel a little better. So I still suffer from AD with no medicine that helps. Glad for those that it does help."

Charm August 26, 2018

For Eczema "I was put on Dupixent in Aug of 2017. My Derm mentioned I would be the first patient she used it on. Two weeks in, I immediately noticed an improvement in my skin. My eczema flare up covered my entire body which I've never experienced before. The side effects mentioned to me were itchy eyes, conjunctivitis, cold sores. I stopped the Dupixent in October of 2017; so I took it for about a 2 months, 4 injections in total. I decided to stop as I began to feel my lips forming a cold sore and my eyes were terribly itchy. While on Dupixent, the itch it caused my eyes was unbearable. In May of 2018, I visited my Ophthalmologist again because my vision was slowly getting worse. There, I was diagnosed with having Keratoconus which is a condition where the eye is no longer round but bulging. This was said to be caused by excessive rubbing of the eye. There is no cure for this eye condition just treatment. Your vision is constantly changing, I mean changing by the week."

San August 24, 2018

For Eczema "Dupixent has completely changed my quality of life. Like many, I've had severe eczema since infancy that only worsened as I got older. I'd tried everything from topical steroids to acupuncture, eventually resorting to nausea-inducing antibiotics (cefadroxil) once my flare-ups became so severe that I would break out in constant skin infections and had to take weeks off work at a time. It's been a year since I've begun using Dupixent, and my skin is 95% clear. While I still have very minor redness behind my knees and neck, my skin overall has elasticity and softness, and I no longer have flare-ups of any kind. I can wear the clothes I want, sleep through the night without itching--but most importantly, be confident in myself again. People who didn't know me before Dupixent actually stop and tell me how beautiful my skin looks. I highly recommend others who have severe eczema or AD to ask their doctors about Dupixent."

Clear and thriving (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 22, 2018

For Eczema "I started my treatment in May 2018. The first 3 injections helped a lot as my skin became clear. After I took my 4th injection, my skin started to flare up again. I took my 5th injection and I am still flaring up. It feels like the benefits of Dupixent are starting to wear off. I will be taking my 6th injection this week and hopefully my skin will clear up. Will update soon."

Sim (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Eczema "Love it"

kbrezzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Eczema "My first few doses were helping a lot, taking the itch away and clearing my skin. My 4th does made my eyes very red, my Dermotaligst referred me to an opthalmologist to check the pressure in my eyes. Perssure was ok, only some inflammation in the whites of my eyes. So I continued the Dupixent injections, red eyes and all, then I started getting small red pimple like spots on my face along with redness. When my joints started aching after the 6th dose I stopped dupiexent. It has been approximately 2 months and the redness on my face is finally going away, my eyes cleared right after stopping Dupixent. I seem to think the dose was too strong for me. But there’s only 1 strength. I’m still itching and having breakouts and don’t know what to do at this point as nothing seems to work."

Mar 0715 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

For Eczema "Been on Dupixent for about 12 weeks now. Giving myself biweekly injections, and my eczema that kept me up at night with scalp itching IS GONE! Have had a little bit of eye itchiness but this is something I'm used to dealing with since I have allergies etc. Skin looking basically, NORMAL...less big red bruises when I rub up against something too."

Roxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018