User Reviews for Dupixent

7.4

Asthma, Maintenance

Summary of Dupixent reviews 7.4 116 reviews

Reviews for Dupixent

For Eczema "I received my loading dose in March of 2019. One week to the day my right eye developed a corneal edema. I can't say I'm really surprised cause I've had eye problems since thinning corneas ten years ago. I've been on two medications; prednisolone AC and Muro128. Four days on the medication for the corneal edema and my eye is clearing up but still cloudy. My skin did clear up within a week but the not having my eyesight isn't worth the trouble. Other than the eye problem, I've had no other negative reactions. I don't plan on getting another dupixent shot."

Stevo (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "I initially commented in April 2018. I took my first shot on March 22, 2018. I was greatly improved literally overnight! Since then I have been 95+% clear. Eyes itched before and still do-- no change. Still cool showers, still trim nails closely etc. Heat and sweating- NO ITCHING. Minor itching is tolerable. HAPPIEST year of my life. I will be 72 next month, had AD x 69years."

Pinkas (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "I have been using Dupixent for a month and a half now and feel pretty good, my husband says my skin feels soft. I've had dermatitis all my life only using topical creams but Dupixent so far is working better than anything I've tried. I am so grateful and happy now it can only get better from here"

Acalie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had multiple severe side effects from the first dose two weeks ago. I got flu-like symptoms for 48 hours: hot flashes/sweating, headache, felt feverish, and felt quite fatigued. My heart was racing for over two days after the shots. I already suffer from recurrent UTIs, and right after the Dupixant, I got a terrible increase in bladder pain that I’m still suffering with. I have been extremely depressed because of the bladder pain and having to pee every half hour I have a rash in the two spots where I was injected with dupixant. My eyes were red and extremely dry and irritated the first two days after the shots; now they are slightly red and very dry and gritty. My asthma and allergies seemed to clear up right away but have returned less than two weeks after the shot. No way I’m taking this again."

Sarah (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

For Eczema "This drug has changed my life. My eczema was so severe that I could barely move. I have taken Dupixent for 6 months now and I can say I've got my life back!"

Sara (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2019

For Eczema "I just wanted to say that you need to give the Dupixent the full 16 weeks. I almost stopped. At the beginning my head was so hot I started buying new pillows. My face turned pink. The itch subsided pretty quickly then the body. Face and head took longer. I had a flare on my wrist that I tried to get rid of for 3 years! That is now a lot better at 16 weeks with spot treating. I still use a bit of Scalpicin once in a while. But the Dupixant definitely takes the edge off. I find if you just place the needle it slips in by itself. You don’t have to stab yourself. Good luck."

SWG (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2019

For Eczema "I have had eczema almost all my life and have tried every cream and light therapy and injections with nothing working , My asthma doctor told me about dupixent and I started to take the injections every 2 weeks , I saw some improvement early and after every injection it got better . It took longer then they said it would but after about 6 months I was totally clear. It has changed my life and anybody with eczema needs to take this drug because it works . I have been on dupixent now for almost 2 years and I am still eczema free ."

Jimmy (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2019

For Eczema "I just developed eczema within the last 3 years and would literally cry because nothing would help. I have developed very low self esteem and would not go anywhere. I started the injections about 2 months ago and the rashes have subsided. I feel when I get into the week in between my injections I start getting itchy and red. Steroid cream helps at this time. I feel this medicine would be better if it was weekly instead of biweekly. My eyeballs literally itch like crazy after the injections but that goes away after a couple days and subsides after a dose of Benadryl. I still get pretty dry skin but nothing lotion does not help. I am not scratching myself until I literally scratch all the skin off which I was doing previously! I will say that with this injection I am feeling 80% better. I do not think I will ever be 100% again but this is WAY better than a year ago!!"

Shay858 March 5, 2019

For Eczema "This drug worked amazingly for 6 months. I felt like a normal human. It worked so well! However after 6 months I started getting horrible burning painful blotches on my neck at first. Then my face. Then my inner elbows. It hurt really bad that if I wore a long sleeve shirt to hide it, it would ache in pain. I decided to stop the drug as an experiment to see if it was caused by the drug. My dermatologist said no that it’s just an eczema flare. He didn’t really seem to have the time of day to listen to my concerns. He would just brush it off. After 3 months of stopping dupixent my skin went back to regular eczema that I was used to. I felt itchy again which was annoying but the horrible painful blotchy skin was gone on my face and neck. I waited a year before I decided to try dupixent again. I tried it and it worked but not as effective as when I first tried it. Again I started getting burning blotchy skin around my neck and face. It hurts and burns and aches. I decided to stop again."

JJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis " My dermatologist suggested I tried dupixent for my severe atopic dermatitis. I was nervous to do injections on myself but it's easy to get do. It doesn't hurt a lot if you do it correctly. I've been on it for over 6 months. I recently (2-3 weeks) noticed my neck broke out in hive-looking rashes. It's on the front and back of my neck. My eyelids and the skin above my upper lip are red and dry. I continuously moisturize everyday multiple times a day and it doesn't seem to help. Only a steroid shot seemed to help relieve the rash but it has redeveloped. Dupixent really helped clear me up (22 female) but now I don't know if it's still working or not. I will give it time and see if it goes away."

SD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 4, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "By their own statistics, Dupixent works less than 40% of the time, so it is no surprise that I had zero benefit. But to make things worse, their "copayment reimbursement" program is a sham. First they said they "lost" my first 3 claims and suggested I resubmit them. Then they denied them saying they were "too late" even though the original submissions had been on time. Nothing but excuses and a complete lack of professionalism."

Unhappy patient (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2019

For Eczema "LIFE CHANGING! I have struggled with horrific eczema on my back for the past 5 yrs. My entire back was covered, from neck to waist. I don't need to tell any of you the emotional toll it will take on you. I tried Everything. This is simply life changing and I am so thankful for it. Cost: It was a pain to get covered, but finally I did, then learned of the copay card, which makes it free. Results: By day 3 I was crying at the sight of my back clearing. I noticed on day 12 it started to come back some, but by day 15, after the next dose it was clear again. The itch stopped after about 3 weeks! Side effects: The 2 days following the initial 600mg dose, as well as the morning after each dose, my eyes are gunky but it clears within a few hours. I am also now glued to chap stick, lips get soo dry, but it is worth it. Pain: I take it in the stomach, I don't think it hurts at all."

Thankful (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2019

For Eczema "I have been on Dupixent now for 5 months and I just occurred to me to review. If you are suffering out there with eczema (like I do) please do not hesitate to try this medication. I definitely have my life back. It started healing my skin from, literally, Day 1. I still get eczema on my face (my worst spot) if I am exposed to my big triggers. But it is WAY less severe than it was. God bless Dr and the others who worked on this drug. My advice: do it, do it, do it."

meem (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2019

For Eczema "Your add on TV is so disgusting. Even if I need it I will not get it. Please change the add."

Anonymous February 11, 2019

For Eczema "Life saving. I am 60 years old. I have been suffering with eczema since 4. It took my Dermatologist 6 months to talk me into taking Dupixent. I have tried every natural alternative but finally gave in. I can't believe how blessed and happy I feel. It is a bit scary at first but nothing in comparison to the torture of eczema. All the sleepless nights, social isolation, thousands of dollars on anything that might help..no problems anymore. I have only a little eye redness but I had eczema in my eyes on occassion so this is manageable. My neck burns at times but isn't red, Cerave calms. So happy! Hopefully my insurance and Dupixent drug company will keep the medications available to me. If you are on the fence deciding, don't wait. It was worth the try for me."

R W (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "Eczema/atopic dermatitis/ allergies run in my family & I’ve suffered since I was a baby, like most, tried steroids, light therapy, EVERYTHING - nothing cleared it up. I moved to TX a few years ago and the heat made me break out even more, head to toe I was too embarrassed to wear shorts or tank tops- swimming irritates it etc. I just turned 33 & was crying every night out of frustration because I was in pain and itched so badly I’d go days with no sleep. Thankfully I was approved for Dupixent Myway so do not have to pay the crazy costs. The shots are twice a month and have made a huge difference in quality of life. I have mild breakouts here and there but nothing like the relentless, unsightly itchy skin I had before. For me, making sure my showers aren’t too hot, sleeping w/ cool covers & moisturizing with canola oil! It’s unscented and I rub it into my skin after the shower & at night. Paired with Dupixent I’m 95% clear!"

Polishgirl February 7, 2019

For Eczema "This drug has been amazing. I developed Eczema at about age 35. Oddly, never had skin problems, but I took Zyrtec for allergies. Immediately after going off Zyrtec, my body was on fire for weeks. Eventually, it localized to my arms and back. It was awful. For years I dealt with this. Constant itching, threw away so many blood spotted shirts, couldn't wear short sleeves, everyone always thought I had poison ivy, couldn't sleep without heavy antihistamine which made me non-functional the next day. I was skeptical when my Dr mentioned this drug. I've used every lotion and potion on the market, the success stats weren't that impressive and giving myself a shot every 2 weeks sounded awful. But, 10 days in, my Eczema was gone. Not reduced. GONE. It's been about 7 weeks now and my skin is clear and hasn't itched at all. I'm lucky my insurance covered it, and I still worry about as yet undiscovered long term side effects, but this medicine has been a life saver for me."

Sara (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

For Eczema "I had eczema my entire life and from middle school and up until May 2017 I had control over it and you could not tell I had it. Something changed in 2017 and I had the worst flare up that I can even imagine. Finally I started dupixent in Nov 2018. It has changed my life. I used to be embarrassed to go places bc my skin was so red and bad. Now I’m almost as clear as I used to be. The only negative side effect was that it caused blurry vision and an eye infection. Went to the eye dr and fixed that. Haven’t had any problems since. Another downside is the cost. Luckily I got dupixent myway or I would’ve been paying $3000 for my refills. I currently pay nothing"

Gigi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2019

"I started the loading dose in October 2018. The nodules continued appearing but less intense itching by the end of November 2018. I wanted to go off of this medication but Dermatologist advised continuing for a 4 month period. I quit injections around December 13th, 2018. Have had fever, chills, stomach issues, fluid in the ears and eye problems. My eyes felt like they were burning. These aren't all of the side effects I am dealing with. I gather the Dermas office is to afraid to contact me since I left them numerous messages. This drug was shipped from Ft. Worth to IL where I am living"

Beagles (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "Took the loading dose 600 mg and eyes got red, itchy and puffy. Advised my dermatologist and he gave me a Rx for and eyedrop called Bepahamide. This is a combination of steroid (prennisilone) and antibiotic in one eye drops. Both eyes twice a day for 10 days. Eyes got a little better. Took second dose (300 mg). Eyes got worse. Went back to dermatologist and he gave a second course of the same eye drop with no improvement. Went to My ophthalmologist. He did a complete eye exam. Ophthalmologist had to look up Dupixent when I told him it was one of the side effects of this medication. He suggested antihistamine otc eye drop called zantidor. Been using zantidor and still my eyes have not cleared. Saw noticeable improvement in my skin after first 2 doses but unfortunately stopped using dupixent due to severe eye irritation. Now what? My eyes aren't getting better and the dermatologist has gone back to topical corticosteroid can someone please tell me what to do about my eyes?"

Mickey January 22, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have asthma and atopic dermatitis/hives. My allergy and immunologist put me in the original FDA drug trial for this drug so I am in my fourth year of taking it. I self inject. Have never had any side effects and it has changed my life. I can not imagine going back to the many medications I was on before I found this solution. I was also on 4 Zyrtec and 2 Claritin a day. In addition to advair, singular ventolin, patanol, Flonase, astelin. Plus prednisone frequently when I would have allergy or give flare ups. Now I only take this one medication and do not need anything else. A blessing in my life for sure."

Lisa (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 20, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "Most disgusting commercial I have ever seen. I change my channel when it comes on. Can't you do better than that with a commercial that is supposed to sell your product ???. I definitely would not buy it because I couldn't make myself use it. It is awful, awful, awful. Worst commercial I have ever seen. YYYYUUUUUKKKKKK"

disgusted January 17, 2019

For Eczema "Wow. I'm not sure where to even start! I have suffered with Eczema my whole life (28 yrs old), recently turning into Dermatitis Eczema after an episode of Eczema herpeticum. I have tried absolutely everything from steriod creams, UV lights and was recently on Azathioprine for 4 years, but no real change! I started on Dupixent last week, and I can honestly say this has been life changing! I am actually managing to sleep through the WHOLE night... I don't have to hoover my bed every morning because of dry skin, I don't itch constantly, and I feel 100% better in myself! I panicked at the thought of having to self inject, but it was nothing.... I panicked over nothing, so if you're reading this and haven't had your first injection yet.. please don't worry! Thanks again to whoever invented this medicine! You have changed my life for the better (and I'm only 1 week in)!!"

Abby January 16, 2019

For Eczema "I’m probably the only person who has had an adverse reaction to dupixent. Somehow after starting the treatment my eczema has worsened. Flaring up in places it’s never been before. Flaking and even peeling all over my hands. I have seen no change in the amount of itching. I have done 3 injections and do not notice any good results at all. I will stick with it though because I still have some hope that this will help clear up my eczema. I'm hoping that because I started it during the cold and dry season that it doesn’t work as well."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis "My skin has improved 100% since this drug. I had horrible itching and topical treatment only made the creepy crawly intense itching worse. I would scratch till there was blood and my skin oozed but still I would itch. I can sleep! It's so worth the side effects! After a year all of the dry itchy eye & swollen lids have gone!"

Annie (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2018