User Reviews for Dupixent to treat Eczema

Dupixent Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Dupixent

Mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2020

“I have been taking Dupixent for about 5 months for eczema. It's a wonder drug. No more itching. But I'm having some serious joint pain in both shoulders. I hear a lot of grinding and popping. I'm 73 and have a lot of arthritis. I think this might be a side effect. How long do you have to be off of Dupixent before the side effects begin to subside? Do the side effects go away at all.”

Chase · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

“I’m 22 & have been on Dupixant about 6 months. My skin has never looked better, but unfortunately my eyes have never been worse. My eye doctor sent me to a corneal specialist who said the drug is damaging my corneas so I have to stop taking it. It’s a great drug for your skin if you are lucky enough to avoid the eye issues. Hopefully they can tweak it to be effective without damaging the eyes. My eyes constantly watered, were oozy, extremely red, and recently caused blurry vision.”

Sad & very disappointed · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2020

“I’ve had eczema on my hands for almost 50 yrs, since I was 17 yrs old. Prednisone & steroid creams would temporarily make it barely manageable. Itched like crazy all the time. Dermatologist gave me the starter doses of Dupixent & it was a miracle. Started clearing up right away. Had 2 more doses, then started having severe dry eyes & eye pain. Within one week my one eye was all red & had severe eye pain. Went to eye dr-ophthalmologist & I have peripheral ulcerative keratitis. Severe inflammation of the cornea of my eye. He said white blood cells are attacking my cornea, taking antibiotic drops & prednisone drops to get rid of the infection. I pray my eye will be ok. Stopped Dupixent immediately. So upset”

Nick February 21, 2020

“I was one of the first to be put on Dupixent when it was approved - back in June 0f 2018. It worked very well for quite a while. I had severe eczema on the back of my neck , elbows, back of knees, and around my eyes. It cleared up pretty quickly after using dupixent for a couple months. Now however, for about the last 2 months, I have experienced the side effect on my eyes. My eyelids are constantly red, inflamed, and itchy. My eyes are constantly tearing. My dermatologist gave me a prescription eye drop to take - it has not worked. He said he does not think it is a side effect of dupixent, that he believes it is simply an eczema flair up, possibly due to the weather in New Jersey. The dupixent people disagree - they think it is a side effect of dupixent. So my dilemma is - do I stay on dupixent and continue the eye problems or go off dupixent. To be perfectly honest - the last month or so, it seems the dupixent has not been working as well.”

Richard · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2020

“My skin is worse than ever after using dupixent, with areas affected with eczema that were never before involved. Stopped after week six. Hope this yucky stuff gets out of my system soon.”

Eczema_fiend February 11, 2020

“I've had mild eczema since I was 11. My symptoms flared in my early 20s but rather than look at my stress levels I was prescribed the strongest newest drug on the market. I agreed to try it. Before even going on the drug, my increased eczema symptoms went away after I removed myself from an extremely stressful place. But I thought I should still try the drug. It helped at first, until I got flares around my mouth. Then my eye sight was affected. I quit after 6 months. Since quitting, I've had the worst eczema symptoms of my life. It effects my whole body. It used to only affect small, isolated areas. I blame dupixent. I do not believe this drug is fully understood. I sincerely hope this is rare but it should be noted that before using dupixent and after using dupixent my eczema symptoms are extremely different. I never used to itch, and now I suffer from itch. I never had it all over, now it affects every part of my body. I have been off the drug for a year and I am still struggling.”

Dom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 6, 2020

“My wife has eczema so used Dupixent for about six months and she suddenly started having irritated eyes which worsened over time. Her vision blurred and she needed to address those issues with several eye doctors. She obviously stopped using Dupixent and her vision has slowly improved after several months. She still needs to apply several different drops and ointments on a daily basis. It is unfortunate because Dupixent had significantly reduced her eczema and since she has stopped her injections, her rashes have slowly returned. Vision prevails!”

B February 6, 2020

“I have had eczema most of my life. It went away when I was 8 but came back at 13. I suffered horribly for a couple of years. Over 50% of my body was covered in eczema and kept getting worse as I got older. Nothing worked. I started dupixent in July 2019. At first, I experienced major dry eye and a couple cold sores. These side effects only lasted a couple months and then completely resolved. My eczema completely cleared up within 2 weeks of use. Unfortunately as of lately, rashes have been coming back. I have mild spots on my wrists, fore arms and shoulders, but lately the rash has been absolutely brutal on my neck and jaws. I am hoping it is just the weather, but dupixent should not be allowing this to happen at all. I still recommend this medication because it has resolved 80% of my issues. I plan on discontinuing the medication this summer just to see what happens, as I do not want to be on it forever— Overall I have had a good experience with it.”

Mary · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2020

“The Dupixent hot line is worthless. No one there can answer a simple question about the medication. They literally sound like robots reading from a script. Managers unavailable to talk. I have decided this company is a joke and I do not trust taking the medication . Stay away.”

Deedee January 25, 2020

“I am happy to announce that since my first injection of Dupixent on December 26, 2019; I don't itch. The first week was hard, I stopping itching then after a couple of hours I itched a lot. I course I scratched, but I didn't get a rash. Then about 2 weeks later an ugly rash developed. It looked different from the "normal" rash that I'm use to seeing. Now a month later that ugly rash is still here, but I'm not ITCHING. Hopefully, it will heal quickly, but did I say that I don't itch. I'm 45 and I have had eczema all of my life. People that have eczema know about the itch and how amazing it feels to scratch. For the first time in my life I believe this is what normal feels like. No itching, no scratching means no rash. I can't wait to completely heal, Dupixent is giving my that opportunity.”

Sandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2020

“I have received 4 injections so far and have already noticed weight gain and cellulitis above my ankle. Have had chest pain and tiredness. It worked for my eczema and did what it was supposed to do but want to stop it and hope it doesn’t come back.”

Amber · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2020

“The medication starting working within the first month. I noticed significant reduction in my eczema, unless I drink a lot of alcohol. I am on month 5, and I am starting to have issues breathing. I am not sure if the medication is giving me anxiety (I'm not an anxious person). I also developed a stye for the first time. I will occasionally get numbness in my feet. The breathing has become such an issue that I do not think it is worth taking the medication.”

Female · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 13, 2020

“I have been taking Dupixent for 7 months. I was diagnosed with Eczema after a year long battle with 70% of body covered. Most severe on hands, which skin/nails peeled off. Since using the eczema is confined to forearms, top of thighs as well as face and neck. 90% of face is covered and is constantly peeling, flaking and is severely itchy. Eyes and ears and into hairline are covered about 60% in any given month. I am still using some steroid creams as well as protopic. I am seeing an allergist,(negative on the patch testing)as well as a dermatologist. Prior to my diagnosis, I had no problems with eczema. I am 62 years old and am totally discouraged. The injection site on the last 2 injections have left me severely bruised. I have had weight gain of 14 lbs, and my shoulders and legs as well as my back ache constantly. I was only approved for 1 year with no copay, after that it will be $690 per month. I don’t know if I will continue.”

Moe · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2020

“I started on dupexet and all my eczema is gone. I cannot get my insurance to pay for it been getting samples but I believe I am done. Hoping it will not come back.only side effect I think I have is some blurring in eyes and small pimple like on top of my foot. Price must go down o”

Bama December 28, 2019

“I have received 3 injections and call it a life saver and miracle drug for me. My situation is a little different from most because my Eczema was a result from stress. I never had it before until after the death of my brother and then 3 years later reoccurred after the death of my mother. I called it my living nightmare. No quality of life and had no sleep; cried due to nothing working, tried everything! I was awake most of the night and stood in front on my freezer door and would sit next to the fireplace in the middle of the night and then go to my garage and use my light. I could not hardly wear any clothing and was confined to my house. Needless to say, Eczema affected the quality of my life and life was just too hard living in constant misery. It works great for me. I don’t want to stay on it long if I don’t have too. Mine was situational . I am very thankful to see results like I have. It has given me my life back!”

Little Harry · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2019

“I am 65 and have had eczema and asthma all my life. I was such a regular at my local Dermatology clinic they gave me frequent flier miles and an invitation to their Christmas party each year. This year in August I got a bus pass and a new Dermatological Consultant. She is not only gorgeous but she put me on Dupixent straight away. My skin cleared, the appalling itching stopped, the asthma stopped, and I am weathering the winter as a normal human being and not shivering and hugging the fire. Vaseline for the skin and Hay fever remedy plus Optrex for the watery eyes do the trick. Yay! So far.”

P · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 21, 2019

“Severe anxiety, blurry eyes, skin not much better”

Itsbarbara November 19, 2019

“Have had eczema my whole life. Really got worse and could not get clear for about 3 years. Was prescribed Dupixent and got relief. After about 6 months, began having problems with my eyes. Was treated for conjunctivitis and dry eves. Had some relief but symptoms kept occurring over a 6 month period And my lips were also being affected so I discontinued Dupixent. My eyes and lips were red itching. Eye doctor diagnosed Floppy eye syndrome. Dermatologist diagnosed eye mites. Was treated for both with little relief. Told to use Vaseline on my lips. Haven’t worn my contacts for over 3 months. Finally went to a teaching hospital and and being treated for fungus on my eyes and lips. I am now getting better after 4 days. I think that I may finally have the correct diagnosis. I am able to keep my eczema under control with topical creams now. The Dupixent helped in the beginning but I feel that I was on it for way too long. I had also been getting small random rashes that have also gone away.”

JS · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2019

“One week after the initial dose of Dupixent for eczmea, I started having what the ER doc called 'serum sickness'. Itchy rash over entire body and extremities, ears swollen, red and hot. I was put on high dose prednisone for 1 week, which obviously helped the reaction as well as the eczema. 2 days after finishing the steroid, the rash and eczema came back. Not sure how long Dupixent stays in your system, but I am miserable! Obviously not taking another dose. So disappointing, as I was praying for a cure!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 8, 2019

“I’ve had eczema all my life and it recently started getting so bad over the summer. I itch severely when my body temp increases. I went on antibiotic all the time just to get rid of the flare ups until my dermatologist told me about dupixent. I have seen such a dramatic change. It is so amazing to not be itchy every single minute of the day and to have such clear skin on my body. It only started working after two shots but wow it is amazing. I thank dupixent everyday for feeling confident in my skin again.”

Me November 6, 2019

“Had eczema my whole life with asthma. Fixed both in one month with 2 shots per month of Dupixent. 3 months later my eyes got jacked so I stopped until I thought I needed it. Took it again 2 months later then again 4 months. Now it's been 9 months no shot and I'm fine. Best I've been in my life. See how long it lasts.”

Scratching in SC · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2019

“I am a female and have had eczema off and on since I was a child. I am now a much "older" woman and during the past couple of years, I've had constant eczema flareups around my eyes and eyelids, face and neck. Only Cortizone shots or Prednisone help to abate for a few days then the eczema comes right back! I've been getting allergy shots for almost a year now with no relief from my eczema or my other allergies. So my doctor has now prescribed the drug Dupixent... I had my first shots 5 days ago and my eczema has been itching even worse than before!!! Has anybody experienced such a situation? I am at my wit's end!... Help!!!”

Al October 23, 2019

“Dupixent clear my AD, but after a while I start developing severe sinus and breathing difficulties”

PorkChop · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2019

“On Dupixent and have extreme dry eye, wicked itching eyelids and eyes.”

Triple H · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2019

“I have had eczema for 42 yrs now and was very excited to try this new medicine in place of the creams that are out there. I got the initial injection at the Drs office and was supposed to continue with 1 shot every two weeks at home. The mail order pharmacy contacted me to set up delivery. During their final speech they quickly say whatever the Dupixent CoPay Card doesn't cover you will be responsible for. That meant to me "hold on and find out the cost" I called Dupixent, they told me their Copay card covers $13,000/yr after that you are responsible. That would leave me with a CoPay of $29,000/yr!!!! What are you kidding me??? I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield and still over $3k for 2 shots a month. That is ridiculous. I cancelled my script, told the pharmacy to shred it. Who can afford that?? I have insurance and that is crazy. My In Vitro fertilization drugs cost less. Just a heads up to anyone out there. Ask before you agree. Know what the final costs are beforehand!!”