User Reviews for Pulmicort Turbuhaler

Pulmicort Turbuhaler has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 67% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 33% reported a negative experience.

Asthma, Maintenance

Anonymous · January 25, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "Works fantastically to manage my allergy-induced asthma symptoms. Have not needed "rescue" inhaler a single time since starting with Pulmicort. Have noticed some slight changes to my voice within the first couple of hours of each puff that slowly returned to normal over the course of the day."

Dolambra · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 27, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "Pulmicort works beautifully, really stops the cough. I took it for 3 months. then I lost my sense of taste and by the end of the 4th month I developed the most awful taste in my mouth so I stopped it. The horrible taste gradually disappeared after one year and my sense of taste has "almost" come back. It has now been 17 months since I stopped the medicine. my coughing is not gone when I exhale, but very much improved and no attacks. It's the only medicine that works for me during attacks. I think once I improved I should have cut the dose way down."

Bunnyyyy · Taken for 2 to 5 years · April 9, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "Pulmicort works well for my asthma. Problem is can cause thrush or just a coating on tongue. So I rinse with water thoroughly immediately after inhaling. Then rinse with biotene. This really helps with coating on tongue."

DustyFeet · Taken for less than 1 month · January 23, 2022

"I was given this for COVID pneumonia. This gave me the worst stomach pain I think I’ve ever had. It felt like a gut punch and it took hours for the pain to settle down. Other side effects were; Horrible taste in mouth, extreme stomach ache (almost called 911), headache, irritated my atopic dermatitis, fatigue and an overwhelming sense of malaise. The only way I’d take it again is if I was dying."

Mayv · September 15, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have developed irritation of the throat and ears, headache, feel dizzy during my morning walk, chest pain and difficulty with my breathing."

Anonymous · December 6, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "Works well for asthma treatment but it's not really easy to wash your mouth after each time of use. Also causes ease of bruises and lowering the defence of immune system."