User Reviews for Symbicort

6.8

Summary of Symbicort reviews 7.3 150 reviews

Reviews for Symbicort

71380 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 17, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using symbicort a couple of years. I have lost my sense of smell, my nose runs and I talk like I have had a stroke I stopped using 4 days. I don't feel any worse, but I know it takes a couple of weeks to get out of your system so I will see what happens."

Later · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was not responding well to other Asthma meds, so my doctor put me on Symbicort, one year ago. In that year I have lost 2" in height, have a stomach ulcer, and hurt all over, but, the good news is, I am breathing again. One would wonder, though, if it's worth the side effects. In my humble opinion, yes it is. Nothing worse then not being able to breath, and wondering if the Prednisone, you just took will help. Symbicort has it's flaws, but then, all COPD, and Asthma meds have their side effects."

Seeker · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I’ve had asthma for most of my life and tried many different medications. This one has been one of the worst. I tried both the turbohaler and the Rapihaler over a period of 3-4 months and found both gave me headaches, muscle aches, nausea, a loud heartbeat, broken sleep, increased anxiety, and some depression. I’ve had success with pulmicort so I imagine that it’s the formoterol that is the issue. There is also a contradiction for symbicort and some antidepressants so be careful. I won’t be using this again in the future."

NEG July 26, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I’ve had asthma my entire life. It went away while I was a teenager, but crept back into my life in my 20s. Then it got even worse when I moved to a city. None of my medicines were working (albuterol, albuterol sulfate, breo..) I developed really bad anxiety and would have panic attacks because I couldn’t breathe. My chest felt tired and hurt from always struggling to breathe. Basically my asthma led to other health issues. When I tried Symbicort my asthma symptoms decreased by 80% after the first use. It’s now been a week of continued use and I can breathe normally. I almost forgot what that felt like. Symbicort has improved my quality of life in so many ways."

Jaat July 22, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had asthma since childhood and always had troubles with it growing up doing sports. I had been using the quick relief inhaler and was a very bad option but I was always doing some kind of sports and I was strong. 6/7 years back I switched to Symbicort. Please note, when I started this inhaler I was a sports freak and Symbicort let me attain high levels of fitness. After 2 years I could do good workouts without taking any inhaler. Eventually, I could quit this inhaler for 2 years when I moved abroad in clean environment. However, due to my unhealthy lifestyle I had to start this inhaler 2 years back again. Now I am 28 & I take symbicort on a regular basis. I do understand this inhaler has side effects (primarily bcoz it has steroids) but exercise and sports keeps them at minimum and makes you feel fitter, healthier. "

Cody · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 10, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "Prescribed when I had a respiratory infection...great! BUT I couldn’t get off it...prior to this I might have used my ProAir inhaler twice a week, mainly when I was exposed to mold or very furry dogs. Since being on Symbicort I have lost 2 1/2 inches in height...bloating, vaginal bleeding, depression, anxiety, rash, peripheral neuropathy, Achilles’ tendon tear, muscle weakness, bruising, easy bleeding, tears of the skin (thinning of the skin). I was 69 when I was put on the drug so all of these symptoms were due to “aging”...don’t think so as I didn’t have any of these problems prior to Symbicort. The most insidious part is that it attacks your muscles, weakens them and you need your “core” muscles to breath...polio attacked muscles...they developed the iron lung to allow people to breath. After being off this drug for one week, I can feel my diaphragm again. Still working on total “back to normal”"

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more July 2, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was diagnosed with asthma at four years old. Spent many years in and out of the hospital due to breathing related issues. I was finally put on Symbicort at around nine or ten but was on it too long and it eventually stunted my growth, which I guess my mother didn’t know was a side effect for prolonged use in children. I was taken off of it and asthma got really bad again, then as I got older I made the dumb decision to start smoking and felt like I was an inch away from death every morning. In my late teens I got back on this medication and am now 28, smoke free and asthma attack free. It does have side effects that I’m sure I don’t notice because I’ve been on this drug so long but the ones I do notice are: sore throat, hoarseness, dizziness immediately after use, heart palpitations. Not terrible. I’d say there are worse things and it controls my asthma perfectly. Pro tip: always always rinse your mouth after use."

Seth · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 1, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "The drug itself is very effective. The manufacturers need to fix the meter that reads how many doses are remaining. I spent a month thinking my asthma had become steroid resistant because the thing read I had 40 or so doses left when I was empty. I had missed work multiple times not having an effective way to control my asthma."

Jud · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

For COPD "Was having a horrible time any movement left be breathless . Used symbicort and I am alive again energy I can breathe without effort amazing !"

A user · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For COPD "I have probable COPD, not diagnosed yet, I have had mucus, wheezing, coughing, chest tightness for a year and a half. Prescribed Flovent, antibiotics, Nasonex, Pulmicort for sinusitis. Finally the docs decided to look at the lungs and prescribed Symbicort a few weeks ago. I have had a significant improvement - a lot less coughing and less chest tightness with the Symbicort."

rac · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 24, 2019

For COPD "Helps breathing some. My copay is $271 Received e-mail from symbicort that said if I printed it and took it to my pharmacy it would cost average $35 and maybe free . Pharmacist said if used symbicort card it would be $418. I think its just a scam to get my information"

balladucci · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 22, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "AWFUL! Switched from Advair cause of insurance and I have been sick for 3 months and after labs and tests etc keep getting told its probably something lingering viral. Headaches, numbness, severe fatigue, pain etc etc Finally after reading all the reviews and side effects realized this was causing my problems. I decided to come off it and pay full price for Advair. Starting to feel better and hope this horrible drug leaves my system soon and didn't cause permanent damage"

Tish · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "In my first few days on this medication (Symibcort), I had trouble breathing especially at night, my throat seemed to tighten , so I used my ventolin inhaler more often. I woke up and could hardly open my hands or bend my knees my joints were very stiff. I felt as though I was dying on this medication. I stopped immediately!!"

lin · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 18, 2019

For COPD "Did well on Symbicort but could not afford it. Was switched to Dulera, but does not work as well as Symbicort. Wish the company would offer help with purchasing."

Geri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 6, 2019

For COPD "While the medication was great I had to stop using it. I started out paying $5.00 until they raised the price to $250. Of course they offer to you if your dirt poor a lower price. NOT FOR ME!"

Alex · Taken for 10 years or more May 22, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on Symbicort for the past 16 years And have not had to use my rescue Inhaler and the only side effect that I can say is I get less sleep .. I exercise four times out of the week and never have a breathing problem ... I love it ..."

Anonymous May 7, 2019

"I was prescribed Symbicort to help me get through pneumonia. I had horrible lower leg cramps in the middle of the night and woke up screaming because of the pain. I also had major face swelling and increased sinus problems. I will not take it again."

Alan8 · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "Took Symbicort for a month. Didn’t help the asthma and I got the following side effects: feeling sick all the time, muscle/joint pain, difficulty in concentrating. The price is one of the reasons we need Medicare for All. (Doctor gave me a free sample.)"

Jack · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 25, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I am over 50 and I've started experiencing breathing issues around 5 years ago. It was always during the cold weather or after running. I did my tests and technically I don't have an asthma, but I am on the border. Initially, the doctor prescribed Ventolin inhaler, but it didn't help at all and I even felt worse. Then ( 3 years ago) I was put on Symbicort 200 and I am taking it twice a day with two puffs and it's very helpful. What a huge difference! Also, I have to say that I haven't experienced any of these side effects mentioned in this blog. My occasional headache is no more than before , I don't have stomach problem, hearth problem, sleep problem, or any other health issues. Seriously."

Anonymous March 15, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "Go back on Adair. Generic disk now available. $5.00 with ins."

Debbie March 10, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been taking this for about a year now. I developed pneumonia and pleurisy a little over a year ago. Was on a prednisone for months and we all know the side effects of that. After a combo of Qvar and Symbicort, I started just taking the Symbicort. Symbicort, at first, seemed to be the only inhaler that worked for me and didn’t give me any side effects. From reading all the comments, I think I have had every side effect mentioned! Blurry vision, stomach problems, feet cramps often, horrible anxiety, racing heart, sleep problems, back pain, chest feeling like on fire, dizziness, shortness of breath, now knee pain , you name it. I didn’t immediately connect it with the Symbicort but have been more seriously thinking that direction lately especially hearing everyone else’s experience here. It would all have to be related when I have never had any issues like this before- I think it is linked to long term use."

Emmief · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "In January of this year I caught an upper respiratory infection which caused chest tightness. I visited my allergist who put me on Symbicort 180 - 2 puffs morning and night. I used it for only 5 days and only once a day for the last 3 days. I developed larygospasm (thought I was suffocating), dysphonia, pharingitis, and dysphasia. I stopped using it two weeks ago. I just saw an ENT who diagnosed (I believe misdiagnosed) me with Laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR), and presbylarynx. She prescribed ZANTAC and Prilosec for LPR and is sending me to a speech therapist for my vocal issues. I had NONE of these symptoms prior to using Symbicort two weeks ago. I will see the speech therapist but refuse to take either a Proton Pump inhibitor or and H2 blocker as I do not have LPR, I have throat damage from using Symbicort. Symbicort is a dangerous, harmful drug that should be taken off the market. There is nothing more evil than big pharma."

Robbed by the Air · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on Symbicort 160/4.5 2 doses twice a day for ten days now. I am actually breathing worse than before I got the Symbicort. I have never heard myself wheeze so bad until the past few days. The thrush is awful. I actually had pieces of my throat come up when I cough. And they were falling off the roof of my mouth. After two days of gargling with salt water that cleared up and I gargle every time I use the inhaler now. Sinuses only getting mucus-ier. Short of breath and coughing. Headaches are not welcome and my last complaint is a deal breaker. I just cannot continue this drug because it is causing me to have vaginal bleeding. I NEVER have spotting or breakthrough bleeding and to have that suddenly occur and see it has happened to other ladies I will discontinue this drug. Unacceptable."

gingin9 · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2018

For COPD "Used this ONE time and was in the hospital an hr later. Went into A-Fib. Been on Breo, Adavair, Arnuity. Was told I (yes I, not the doctor) should look for a NON stimulant med. Do they make one? Searching still."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I'm a 40 yr old woman, and have had asthma my entire life. My Dr's have tried numerous meds over the years to control my asthma. I've tried 3 times over a number of years to use this drug. It worked great when it came to controlling my asthma, but every time I've tried to continue on it, I have ++ spotting (constantly), about a week after being on it. I have regular periods and have never spotted between, except while on this drug. My Dr thinks I'm crazy when I explain this side effect. But, I know my body, and I know it's the Symbicort! As soon as I go off the drug, it goes away. Symbicort controlled my asthma, but after 3 tries, I just can't tolerate this side effect."