User Reviews for Symbicort

Learn more about Symbicort.

COPD 20 reviews 38 medications

8.4
COPD, Maintenance 9 reviews 46 medications

8.2
Asthma, Maintenance 60 reviews 116 medications

8.1
Summary of Symbicort reviews 89 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Symbicort

For COPD "I have used it one night and one day. Four inhales total. At first night. It causes laryngospasm. I almost choked. This horror is still with me two months passed. Even on day i had spasms. Mostly start with a cough. I am afraid if there is no cure for this. All my life changed. None of phsician knows this disease. They prescribe astma drugs. I searched on internet 13 cases reported so far. I am the 14th case. Stay away."

kccoskun August 25, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "7 years ago..had a P E ..immediately diagnosed with COPD first med was SYMBICORT and then added SPIRIVA.... Still on SYMBICORT, but now combined with TUDORZA Amazing results in a month... SYMBICORT thins the skin and I bruise very easily...that would be my only issue..."

Trohylady (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have had asthma since I was a baby and this medicine has helped me so much."

Luna93 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 17, 2016

For COPD "worked really good but the side effects were unmanageable. Rinsed, gargled as instructed but developed thrush and swallowing was very painful. Discontinued use but took over 6 months to get over side effects. Now on Advair and am so scared of this happening again that I take right before a meal so that food will clean the esophagus of the medication. Hope new drugs being tested will result in a drug as good as Symbicort but without the side effects! Are there any patches or injections available as I have severe Gerd and pills and inhalers cause me extreme pain."

dancier (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For COPD "Absolutely the best copd medicine i have ever taken. Why did i destroy my own lungs with cigarettes? Youth and stupidity I guess. went from a dying couch potato to a 5k runner with Symbicort. 2 puffs in the morning and 2 before bed keeps me in great shape. It really is an amazing drug for copd sufferers."

cl copd sufferer June 11, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Omg..what a terrible drug! I just recently asked to be changed back to Advair. My regular Dr wouldn't so I saw a colleague of his and she asked why I was put on it in the first place. I told her that I did not know why he changed me from Advair to Symbicort when I wasn't having any problems with it. She changed me to Advair. It is Monday and I just changed on Thursday and already I feel better. Asthma is still bothering me and I'm on prednisone but my mental outlook has drastically changed for the better. I felt like I was in a depressing fog that i couldn't get out of. Cant believe I was on this garbage drug for a year and a half. Coughing all the time.nothing much coming out.just constant coughing. Thank God im off this terrible drug"

for T.J. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "I asked my pulmonary doctor if I could try Symbicort. She have me a 2 week sample and almost immedately I started wheezing and I saw no improvement and went back to my previous medication."

tmf24556 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Started taking Symbicort for increasingly worse asthma after a chest infection and doctor wanted to try a stronger preventer. First few weeks were OK, but after that I started to develop increasing generalised anxiety. I have had mild anxiety on and off and usually situationally related but the anxiety I experienced from this was generalised and grew in intensity each day... Affecting my work and home life. My sleep has also been badly affected. A lot of difficulty getting to sleep- even sleeping tablets didn't help much. I also started to get tinnitus (ringing in ears), nasopharengitis, red dry eyes that made me look stoned, bad breath etc. The last straw for me was very doing voice changes, increasing irritability and agitation."

Evan1904 May 24, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been on Symbicort for 5 months - I was originally diagnosed with COPD, I was on Advair for 4 yrs and had bad side effects. I was angry and depressed. Advair made my chest feel heavy. I switched to Spiriva it did not help, took ventolin 6 x a day. I wen't on Foradil but would wake up wheezing every night and felt the worst I have ever felt. Finally had asthma testing and prescribed Symbicort 2 inhalations twice a day. I've never felt better. It has literally changed my life! I am having ringing in the ears but I'll take that over not being able to breath any day!"

Vegasbaby May 18, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've started taking it when i had asthma exacerbation last two months. Usually, when I have flare up it will go away within 2 to 3 weeks. I was worried because it's almost a month already and I haven't been feeling well. Symptoms are fatigue, chest pain/tightness, shortness of breath, rapid heart palpitations, throat irritation, phlegm, reflux? I went to the doctor and told me it was an acid reflux. I still continue to use this drug together with PPI but i don't see any improvement. I've made my research about the side effects. It may control my asthma but the side effects are much worse. I'm getting off this drug immediately."

seeeri (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "It has worked well for me...I have been on it for just under 3 weeks, and I have only used my rescue inhaler twice."

Crazylady51912 March 28, 2016

For COPD "Works great for me , more energy and I feel good"

Steve hulse January 19, 2016

For COPD "Works wonders, but the pump never functions beyond 30 out 120 times that is supposed to function"

Gali shae January 15, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "The dosage of 160/4.5 makes me very, very nervous."

Jaccie January 7, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "This stuff practically saved my childhood. I've had severe asthma all my life. I took my Ventese pump at lease 10 times a day. I struggled to walk even the smallest distances without my chest feeling tight. I had many visits to the hospital- 3 occasions going as far as Intensive Care. I was the prescribed Symbicort 160 and my life has changed completely. I experience no side effects whatsoever. I've been on it for about 6 years. I'm currently 19 years old."

Sabrinav03 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "To start with I am in the UK and for me is an effective Asthma controller, it works but; lets talk side effects: The first thing that occurred was the hallucinations, it was like being on LSD. My libido disappeared. I started to get angry very quickly and am now intolerant of the most stupid things. Short term memory loss has become a severe problem; My eyesight has worsened very quickly and I get eye infections easily. On top of all that, my throat has become so bad, (potential Candida) I can no longer sing in public - it would have helped had I been told to rinse after every use. Having seen the official list of side effects, for all its good this has got to go."

Andy51058 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "OK it may be effective, However if you loose your voice thats NO good!! After [5] days that was enough for me. Just like Addviar I had to quit using so the Dr. prescribed Symbicort.?"

Gene the machine January 2, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was diagnosed with allergy related asthma when I was four years old. I've been on several maintenance medicine, but never thought they did much. I was hospitalized when I was 15 with asthmatic bronchitis and my doctor decided to put my on Symbicort which was finally allowed in the US at the time. Since then my asthma has turned around 180 and I haven't had any major issues. I've taken two puffs twice a day for the past 7 years and it's truly a lifesaver. It even opens my airway within 5 minutes of taking it."

Darbaby21 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 13, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is the first preventative drug I have used that offers both short term relief to my athsma, I have used it whilst suffering an attack and the symptoms were alleviated quickly, and long term prevention. I can be quite slack in renewing my script and my athsma, and all its nasty side affects usually come back with a vengeance within a month. I'm on a high dose and I take four puffs daily, two times in the morning and again and night. I have never had trouble sleeping whilst using Symbicort. I can't recommend this medication enough, I have to take it for the rest of my life, the drug is so unobtrusive so the thought of this doesn't worry me."

Book Thief September 12, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Symbicort worked wonders for me, but when I talked my voice would trail off. And I had to clear my throat to get my voice back. Sometimes my voice sounded scratchy as well. Doctor recommend I washed my mouth after each use. But it still didn't work. I am in sales so talking is important and had to change to something else."

Anonymous August 2, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Developed asthma 3 years ago when I was 50. Tried all kinds of controller medications. Switched to Symbacort after about a year and things have been great ever since. Yes I have had some minor side effects, occasional agitation and some muscle cramps but I run 5k 3 times a week without any difficulties (well I am 53, so some difficulties). I am very happy with this medication. I hope that all asthmatics find their ideal medication. Difficulties with breathing can be so scary. Work with your doctor, educate yourself on all the different meds available and find the right one for you. You can be happy and live the life you were meant to."

A.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Symbicort helped breath easier in the beginning. After a few weeks it actually made it worse and on top of it gave me terrible dibilitating back pain and hoarse throat. Side effects are not worth it! I would not recommend."

Tutu111 June 25, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Please don't be afraid to try this medication. I suffer from overthinking and when I read these reviews, I was afraid of the side effects. I moved into an apartment that I did not know was blowing dust out of the air vents and was sick over a long period of time, developing bouts of wheezing. My lung function was at 70% and finally went to the doctor, who prescribed Symbicort. I put off taking this longer than I should have. I used the 160/4.5 at 2 puffs a day for about a week. I upped it to 4 puffs a day for another week. I closed it out with 2 puffs a day for a few more days. The wheezing and chest tightness are gone. I sleep better. I can get a full breath. I feel like me again. This has saved my life and I had ZERO side effects."

Guest100010001 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2015

For COPD "Copd for six years"

Anonymous June 16, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was having to use albuterol several times a day, after nearly collapsing while fighting fire. I saved up and sought treatment. I no longer use albuterol!! Been 2 months now and insurance covers this."

mississippi ranger June 16, 2015