User Reviews for Symbicort

Learn more about Symbicort.

COPD 22 reviews 38 medications

8.3
COPD, Maintenance 9 reviews 46 medications

8.2
Asthma, Maintenance 62 reviews 116 medications

8.1
Summary of Symbicort reviews 93 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Symbicort

For COPD "The medicine worked right off the bat, after 30 minutes or so, could breathe much better, and as a smoker, helped my wheezing go away, and not as tired with more energy. NOW the BAD part. I have had a heart attack and have 3 stents. For 3 years, my bp has been perfect at 110/65 with a pulse of 58 to 65 even drinking caffiene and smoking. Since starting this, BP has increased a little, but pulse no matter what stays above 110 24/7, SO, can't take it for that reason only..."

Quando62 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 20, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Given Symbicort inhaler after Urgent care sent me to hospital for severe asthma. Symbicort took forever (2 1/2 weeks) to help, and then, only slightly. Back started aching 3rd day I was on it. Just figured, at first, it was from trying to sleep in hospital bed. Head ached, too, though. Joints started aching soon after. Two weeks later, Symbicort seemed to help enough to maybe use the ProAir, or nebulizer, a couple times less during the day. But, still needing it, at times. Back/joints/ headache continued after all other meds from hospital discharge finished. Plus, short of breath a lot, with achiness in upper chest a week or so ago. Stopped Symbicort Sunday night. Now Wednesday, and already feeling better."

Gramma W (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Was having to use my ProAir all the time. I did my pulmonary function test and came back with a combination of Asthma with mild COPD. I knew I was having difficulty breathing and boy did this help. I use a spacer with it and it really helps to keep it from hitting my tongue or areas of my mouth. It really helps it to get into my lungs. I do wash my mouth out afterwards to. I was using my ProAir without a spacer until my pulmonary function test until my pulmonary doctor recommended using both this and my ProAir with spacers to ensure most of the medicine gets in the lungs instead of the mouth. It's amazing what the spacer does instead of just using the MDI by itself. I can still carry my rescue inhaler by itself when absolutely needd"

K In Indiana November 1, 2016

For COPD "I have taken Sympbicort for over 1 year. It works very well but I asked my lung dr if we could try another inhaler. The side effect that caused me to stop taking it was horseness and scratchy throat.. My dr gave me anther inhaler to try/ Still with the throat t thing. I hope he comes up with something else but my expections aren't high. All of this type of inhaler must do the same thing as far as side effects."

sandiee October 21, 2016

For COPD "I have used it one night and one day. Four inhales total. At first night. It causes laryngospasm. I almost choked. This horror is still with me two months passed. Even on day i had spasms. Mostly start with a cough. I am afraid if there is no cure for this. All my life changed. None of phsician knows this disease. They prescribe astma drugs. I searched on internet 13 cases reported so far. I am the 14th case. Stay away."

kccoskun August 25, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "7 years ago..had a P E ..immediately diagnosed with COPD first med was SYMBICORT and then added SPIRIVA.... Still on SYMBICORT, but now combined with TUDORZA Amazing results in a month... SYMBICORT thins the skin and I bruise very easily...that would be my only issue..."

Trohylady (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have had asthma since I was a baby and this medicine has helped me so much."

Luna93 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 17, 2016

For COPD "worked really good but the side effects were unmanageable. Rinsed, gargled as instructed but developed thrush and swallowing was very painful. Discontinued use but took over 6 months to get over side effects. Now on Advair and am so scared of this happening again that I take right before a meal so that food will clean the esophagus of the medication. Hope new drugs being tested will result in a drug as good as Symbicort but without the side effects! Are there any patches or injections available as I have severe Gerd and pills and inhalers cause me extreme pain."

dancier (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For COPD "Absolutely the best copd medicine i have ever taken. Why did i destroy my own lungs with cigarettes? Youth and stupidity I guess. went from a dying couch potato to a 5k runner with Symbicort. 2 puffs in the morning and 2 before bed keeps me in great shape. It really is an amazing drug for copd sufferers."

cl copd sufferer June 11, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Omg..what a terrible drug! I just recently asked to be changed back to Advair. My regular Dr wouldn't so I saw a colleague of his and she asked why I was put on it in the first place. I told her that I did not know why he changed me from Advair to Symbicort when I wasn't having any problems with it. She changed me to Advair. It is Monday and I just changed on Thursday and already I feel better. Asthma is still bothering me and I'm on prednisone but my mental outlook has drastically changed for the better. I felt like I was in a depressing fog that i couldn't get out of. Cant believe I was on this garbage drug for a year and a half. Coughing all the time.nothing much coming out.just constant coughing. Thank God im off this terrible drug"

for T.J. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "I asked my pulmonary doctor if I could try Symbicort. She have me a 2 week sample and almost immedately I started wheezing and I saw no improvement and went back to my previous medication."

tmf24556 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Started taking Symbicort for increasingly worse asthma after a chest infection and doctor wanted to try a stronger preventer. First few weeks were OK, but after that I started to develop increasing generalised anxiety. I have had mild anxiety on and off and usually situationally related but the anxiety I experienced from this was generalised and grew in intensity each day... Affecting my work and home life. My sleep has also been badly affected. A lot of difficulty getting to sleep- even sleeping tablets didn't help much. I also started to get tinnitus (ringing in ears), nasopharengitis, red dry eyes that made me look stoned, bad breath etc. The last straw for me was very doing voice changes, increasing irritability and agitation."

Evan1904 May 24, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been on Symbicort for 5 months - I was originally diagnosed with COPD, I was on Advair for 4 yrs and had bad side effects. I was angry and depressed. Advair made my chest feel heavy. I switched to Spiriva it did not help, took ventolin 6 x a day. I wen't on Foradil but would wake up wheezing every night and felt the worst I have ever felt. Finally had asthma testing and prescribed Symbicort 2 inhalations twice a day. I've never felt better. It has literally changed my life! I am having ringing in the ears but I'll take that over not being able to breath any day!"

Vegasbaby May 18, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've started taking it when i had asthma exacerbation last two months. Usually, when I have flare up it will go away within 2 to 3 weeks. I was worried because it's almost a month already and I haven't been feeling well. Symptoms are fatigue, chest pain/tightness, shortness of breath, rapid heart palpitations, throat irritation, phlegm, reflux? I went to the doctor and told me it was an acid reflux. I still continue to use this drug together with PPI but i don't see any improvement. I've made my research about the side effects. It may control my asthma but the side effects are much worse. I'm getting off this drug immediately."

seeeri (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "It has worked well for me...I have been on it for just under 3 weeks, and I have only used my rescue inhaler twice."

Crazylady51912 March 28, 2016

For COPD "Works great for me , more energy and I feel good"

Steve hulse January 19, 2016

For COPD "Works wonders, but the pump never functions beyond 30 out 120 times that is supposed to function"

Gali shae January 15, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "The dosage of 160/4.5 makes me very, very nervous."

Jaccie January 7, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "This stuff practically saved my childhood. I've had severe asthma all my life. I took my Ventese pump at lease 10 times a day. I struggled to walk even the smallest distances without my chest feeling tight. I had many visits to the hospital- 3 occasions going as far as Intensive Care. I was the prescribed Symbicort 160 and my life has changed completely. I experience no side effects whatsoever. I've been on it for about 6 years. I'm currently 19 years old."

Sabrinav03 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "To start with I am in the UK and for me is an effective Asthma controller, it works but; lets talk side effects: The first thing that occurred was the hallucinations, it was like being on LSD. My libido disappeared. I started to get angry very quickly and am now intolerant of the most stupid things. Short term memory loss has become a severe problem; My eyesight has worsened very quickly and I get eye infections easily. On top of all that, my throat has become so bad, (potential Candida) I can no longer sing in public - it would have helped had I been told to rinse after every use. Having seen the official list of side effects, for all its good this has got to go."

Andy51058 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "OK it may be effective, However if you loose your voice thats NO good!! After [5] days that was enough for me. Just like Addviar I had to quit using so the Dr. prescribed Symbicort.?"

Gene the machine January 2, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was diagnosed with allergy related asthma when I was four years old. I've been on several maintenance medicine, but never thought they did much. I was hospitalized when I was 15 with asthmatic bronchitis and my doctor decided to put my on Symbicort which was finally allowed in the US at the time. Since then my asthma has turned around 180 and I haven't had any major issues. I've taken two puffs twice a day for the past 7 years and it's truly a lifesaver. It even opens my airway within 5 minutes of taking it."

Darbaby21 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 13, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is the first preventative drug I have used that offers both short term relief to my athsma, I have used it whilst suffering an attack and the symptoms were alleviated quickly, and long term prevention. I can be quite slack in renewing my script and my athsma, and all its nasty side affects usually come back with a vengeance within a month. I'm on a high dose and I take four puffs daily, two times in the morning and again and night. I have never had trouble sleeping whilst using Symbicort. I can't recommend this medication enough, I have to take it for the rest of my life, the drug is so unobtrusive so the thought of this doesn't worry me."

Book Thief September 12, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Symbicort worked wonders for me, but when I talked my voice would trail off. And I had to clear my throat to get my voice back. Sometimes my voice sounded scratchy as well. Doctor recommend I washed my mouth after each use. But it still didn't work. I am in sales so talking is important and had to change to something else."

Anonymous August 2, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Developed asthma 3 years ago when I was 50. Tried all kinds of controller medications. Switched to Symbacort after about a year and things have been great ever since. Yes I have had some minor side effects, occasional agitation and some muscle cramps but I run 5k 3 times a week without any difficulties (well I am 53, so some difficulties). I am very happy with this medication. I hope that all asthmatics find their ideal medication. Difficulties with breathing can be so scary. Work with your doctor, educate yourself on all the different meds available and find the right one for you. You can be happy and live the life you were meant to."

A.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2015